Author
Topic:  Ch. 7-B Army
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Ch. 7-B Army
January 21, 2002 10:22:12 PM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
(I'm kind of confused as to what is goin on as well, ill just put something) DarkSaber was getting restless. He had been in the room the VE had let him use for 2 days and his boredom was becoming quite obvious. DarkSaber drew in his breath slowly, using one of those hated calming techniques that were used by light side Jedi. He didn't like it here, confined in this room that felt more like a prison. He had stumbled upon the battle by mere chance. And now, he was in this room and he did not know how he might fit into this battle. They had asked him to accompany them but he had turned them down each time. Not really knowing what role he might play. He was amongst people he did not know at all. He needed to relax he kept telling himself. How can he relax, there are people out there battling and he keeps refusing to go. DarkSaber didn't even notice he was pacing the room until he cleared his head. He looked around, confused. DarkSaber cannot return to his own clan until his ship is repaired. DarkSaber sighed and left his room, hoping that something would happen to give him a purpose in this long struggle.

-----------------------
A star rushes past, to crash upon the shore
But the first of many many more
Stoke that fire and stout bar the door
For this is the night Jedi go to war

~DarkSaber
Japer
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Protector (SPT)

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  463
January 21, 2002 10:24:57 PM    View the profile of Japer 
Japer walked through the dark night, using the force as his eyes, he was hopeing that Timber and Demi were doing the same, and not using those fancy night vision goggles that they were given. Japer wished that they would reach there target soon, he was getting a bit tired of walking and fighting these random jedi who had almost no skill at all. All of a sudden, he saw something moving in the bushes. The force told him that is was bad news, and he saw that Timber and Demi felt it as well, but the rest of the troops had no idea what was going on, so Japer tried to warn them. He contacted all of them via force. "There is something in the bushes up ahead. Stop and aim at them, while Demi and I take them out of the bushes." said Japer Japer and Demi got up, and silently walked over to the bushes. The force told Japer that they were not jedi, maby not even there enemy, but none the less, they must be talked to immediatly. Japer and Demi snuck up, and grabed them both, covering there mouthes. Japer looked, and could tell that they were rebels.

-----------------------
GV/ SP Japer/Sith/Dark Knight 1-2 Cabal/ Eagle Sect/VEDJ

SXO/CPT/Japer/1SQD/1PLT/1/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/IOC/LoC/CM
/BS/ES 2nd Class/EoP/VP/

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
January 21, 2002 11:28:58 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic and his men were two hundred feet from the turbolifts when he spotted a ship-design map on the wall. Cosmic walked up to it and examined it. He then pointed a finger on the map and said, "Deck four, section six." The rest of the men didn't know what he was doing, but decided that it was probably for the best. Cosmic turned to his men then motioned them to come. They walked up to the turbolift and got in.  Cosmic ordered the turbolift to the Bridge.  Once the turbolift was in motion, Cosmic turned to his men.  "Ok, guns are loaded and you've got extra ammo?" The men nodded.  "Ok, now, take out the security personnel first, then the officers on the Bridge." Said Cosmic. "Now, listen carefully. I want the Captain alive. Is that clear?"  Asked Cosmic sternly.  The men nodded their heads. Cosmic nodded his head and awaited the doors to open. The turbolift slowly came to a halt, and the doors slid open.  The trainees immediately took cover behind a standing-computer consol and fired at the security guards.  The veterans were taking out the officers, and Cosmic quickly ran to the Captain, who was standing up in shock, and pointed his stormtrooper rifle at his chest. Suddenly, Cosmic heard several cries of pain, but ignored them.  When the sound of fire stopped, Colonel Davis spoke: "Captain Cosmic, three privates are dead..." Cosmic nodded slowly, but kept his stare on the Captain.  "Colonel Davis, keep an eye on the captain for me." Said Cosmic. "Yes sir." Cosmic let Colonel Davis take over while he walked over to the three dead privates. Cosmic closed their eyelids and walked back to the captain. "Major Phort and Major Memphis, please keep an eye on the captain for me." Said Cosmic while looking at the captain.  Cosmic turned to the other veterans.  "Lieutenant Hawkins, please cut off life support to all decks except the Bridge." Ordered Cosmic. "We'll cut off the air of these Rebels." Said Cosmic in a snicker. Cosmic sat down in the captains chair on the bridge and took a deep breath. "Lieutenant Morrison, man the weapons controls.  Lieutenant Gundall, I want you to man sensors.  Captain Hark, I want you to man shields.  Colonel Davis," Said Cosmic, looking towards the Colonel.  "Do me the grandest favor and make sure that every Rebel is dead aboard this ship."

-----------------------
CoT/CPT Cosmic/HCA-4/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1]
-----------------------
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
January 22, 2002 6:33:19 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
Japer, with the help of Demi Wraith, dragged in the rebels into their hiding place for interrogation. Before closing the door, he motioned Raxen to come over. 'Raxen, I want you to bring Dez and Tylen and check if there are any more rebels out there or escaping. Although the captured rebs said they were the only ones, I suspect otherwise. Go quickly!' 'Yessir.' Raxen called Dez and Tylen over and explained to them. In no time, they were equipped and left for the darkness. Once out in the dark, Raxen switched on his infra-red googles and scanned the area around him. 'Nothing.' Raxen declared in surprise and they were almost going to turn back when Raxen sensed that someone was watching them and was taking out a .... 'Get down!' Raxen pushed Dez and Tylen down and a blaster shot missed them just in time. 'It came from there!' Dez said. They headed off to their direrction and found the area empty. But there were obvious footprints and they followed them in no time ..

-----------------------
Sergeant 'Rav' Raxen [Navy: Fallen]
Iron Horse Trooper, has an armour blasting rifle
ETRP/SGT Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
January 22, 2002 6:48:34 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
(OOC: Notes for Wraiths and FA who may be confused - we are currently docked in the small planetoid of Zellus. It's so small that it has no atmosphere, and everything is underground. We are going in undercover to find and eliminate any rebel officers fleeing Anobis through here, and to destroy any manufacturing plants. In order to get out safely, we also need the exit codes for the security doors, or we need to breach them somehow before we try to leave. Hope that clears things up a little.) Stonefish adjusted his long coat again, making sure that none of the weapons underneath it bulged the material out. The planetoid seemed to have been mined out, leaving massive caverns inside it which had been filled with air. It was through one of these caverns that Stonefish walked right now. He puffed thoughtfully on his cigar, wondering where he would go if he were a rebel officer. He'd been in situations like htis before, but each time he had a clear contact. Usually some guy in a bar. The important thing, he remembered, was that when you fled you went in what you were standing in, there was no time to find quiet clothes. These guys would likely be wearing something that belonged to their uniform. He starting looking at the people around him again. "Now those boots are way too shiny," he muttered and walked over to a man in spit-polished black boots and grey coveralls.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
January 22, 2002 8:23:10 AM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Raziel had been notified, and things seemed to be moving along.  Dragoon fingered one of the packs of explosives strapped on him.  Luckily, he'd done this enough so that he could not make it look obvious, all the weapons just made him look fat.  No one ever suspects a fat guy. Kip was keeping look-out about 300 yards away.  Dragoon calmly slipped his hand under his tunic and pulled out a little black box that had all the terrors and fears and resentment of the world.  This was a whole new Pandora's box, and when he opened it and set it to work, a whole lot of stuff got blown up.  He grinned and opened it up. The manufacturing plant was one that had been serving the rebels for many years, even when Palpatine was still alive.  Dragoon snickered.  It wouldn't be for much longer, that's for sure.  But Dragoon needed to be careful.  If he planted the explosives wrong, or set off to big of a charge, the whole planet would cave on top of them.  He could do it, though, no problem. He got to work.  He set them along the exterior of the building in critical structural positions.  He couldn't make it that extensive because of the guards at the gates, but he could make half of the building shut down, and that would work.  Just for extra measure, he set other charges that would go off when someone came over to investigate.  This would be fun.

-----------------------
PFC Dragoon
Mean guy, but good at heart
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
January 22, 2002 9:27:25 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel knew at once from the sight of the man that it was the assassin. He had two choices now, the assassin was walking his way.     One: he could try and look natrual, the only problem was that the assassin would probably recognise him.     Two: he could try and hide, the problem being that if seen he would look suspicious.     The choice didn't need to be made as the man, dressed entirely in black, swooped down a corridor to the side. Moving just as gracefully as ever, except for a slight limp. Raziel grinned. If only he had completely severed the tedons at the back of the man's leg.     "Ramon you there?" Raziel whispered to a small metallic device in he kneck of his top. (he didn't have a collar which had presented a problem for a few minutes.)     "Yes, whats up?"     "Confirmation, it seems that they have fled here. I just spotted the assassin who was guarding the general. Although this one's a rouge...he may have gone his own way."     "No, i think you're right. I've got two here. I suggest you trail him, whilst i trail these guys. Maybe we can find where they're staying."     "Ok, understood." Raziel replied. "By the way, Dragoon and Kip are up to something near the factories. I think they're planning something to help us get away in the event of being captured."     "Just as long as they're careful" Stone replied.     He wasn't so sure of following the man however. Raziel had battled him twice before and had seen how competant he was. He was probably just as alert to Raz and sensitivie to being followed. Although Raziel could match him close up in combat Raz was sure he would lose in a firefight with the man.     At that moment Epic came up behind him. Nodding curtely before carrying on. Raziel tapped him on the arm however and signalled for him to follow.         Raziel trailed the assassin at a great distance, keeping far far behind him. Raz had followed many men in such a way. Learning more about the target before an important hit was always important.     The assassin went deep into the asteroid. Going down winding corridors and passageways. It took Raziel a moment to realise what was going on.     "Pull back!" he whipspered into the comms to the other 3 wraiths trailing the assassin, "We've been spotted, hes taking us knowhere to find out our intent."     Slowly, Agent, Epic and Cloud changed directions down different corridors and passages. Hopefully the clever assassin would change his mind now. Raziel himself slinked away back to the area of highest population density on the asteroid. ===========================================     The Captain smiled as he logged out from the terminal in his make-shift office. It had been a hard run from Anobis but now they were safe. He had just finished his communication with Rebel forces, apparantly the counter strike was going well, The Vast Empire had apparantly been completely fooled by the retaliation. (or so it was thought)     The escapees of anobis which was made up of collection of officers and a few elite bodyguard had set up in the asteroid in a few hours, and now all they had to do was wait for pick-up.     Then that cocky assassin swept through the doors, nodding breifly to the guards and coming straight to the captains desk.     The captain hated the man personally, but his uses had been noted. The man was the highest paid assassin in the galaxy and apparantly lived up to his reputation. Single handedly he had almost stopped the covert strike on the capital's HQ almost stopping the attack by a squad of stormtroops that had sent the cities defence into ruins. Apparantly the man had also killed up to 15 troopers on his wounded escape from the city.     Fortunately the man was still on the pay-roll so had been forced to carry on working for Captain Vanden.     "Returned from your scouting so soon?"     The assassin, known only as the black mask regarded the captain with obvious disgust.     "Yes, and i have important news. Your great escape did not go so well perhaps?"     The captain almost sat up from his chair. "Imperial troops? here??"     "Maybe" the assassin purred. "I spotted 6 men out their seacrhing the area, 3 of them looking at one of your officers, all seemed to be lightly armed and 3 followed me."     The captain looked around nervously, expecting stormtroops at every corner.     The black mask almost had to refrain from laughter as the captin insinctivly clenched his blaster.     "Are you sure?" the captain asked.     "No, actually i am not. The men out there could simply have been nervous visitors, the 3 following me would not of thought of me as a rebel soldier anyway. They most likely would be bounty hunters, do not fear for me though. If they come for me i will survive."     The captain almost shrank as the assassin grinned melicously.     "Anyway captain, they did not act at all like imperial soldiers. If anything they will be spies and it may be a week before troops arrive. So i wouldn't worry. I take it we'll be leaving soon?"     The captain smiled now, confident in the assassin's judgement and confidence.     "I will be meeting someone tomorrow, we will be guided back to the rebel fleet within a few days." ===========================================     Having no idea that three of the fallen angels had been spotted  as well as Raziel's group Ramon met up with Raz in a busy square in the planetoids centre.     "We've found where they are staying," Ramon said. "Hopefully tonight when men are sleeping we can strike and take them out. First though we need an escape route."     "We may have been spotted," Raz replied. "The assassin i spoke of is here. He led us on a goose chase in order to try and bring out his followers. Beware the assassin he may already be on to us."     "Understood," Ramon replied. Not looking quite so cinfident now. "Tycho is now getting us our way out. We'll make the strike tonight."     Neither the wraiths or FA really knew that they had been spotted. They were quite fortunate however that they had been mistaken for a few scouts and not the battle-hardened soldiers that they were.

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Matok
ComNet Novice

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  102
January 22, 2002 9:48:02 AM    View the profile of Matok 
OOC: "Welcome Lord DarkSaber. The plot is that pirated vessels are attacking the Vast Empire capital. As it seems you are there, there is a massive ground war apporaching your position. lol. There are a few Republic tank droids coming towards the government center where you are and my battalion is coming to aid. Hmm.. what else. I dont know to much about the navy situation so I cant answer that stuff..I dont know the plots that everyone else is doing.. lol ... so maybe someone can answer that. I just know what I was told and someparts of Anakins writing." ---------------------- Back on the capital ---------------------- The massive enemy army approached the capital with firepower on their side. Small groups of Vast Empire troops were setting roadblocks, sheild generators and anything they could to break off this attack. The Tank Droids simply ran the barcades and toppled buildings and other debris onto the protected sheilds, allowing the troopers to be captured by their own defense. Then the unevitable occured. The Tank Droids cleared the path to the government plaza. It would only be a few seconds before they would be at their doorstep. General Matok's UH1 experimental walkers lurched infront of the incoming enemy vehicles. "Wipe out that line of fire" screamed Matok at the holographic images of his commanders. The remaining walkers stayed low and kept their positions on the ground. ATAT's spun into action, unleashing their firepower along the front. Tank Droids spun in different directions, trying to counter the attack. "General," stated one of Matok's pilots. "We have oncoming boggies north by northwest!" Then a powerful crash shook the great walker. "There suicide bombers!" stammered the General, "Regrooup our anti-aircraft, get those bombers!" One by one the vehicles slammed into Matoks forces. ATATs lost limbs, armour platting and soon collapsed under their own wait, troops scattered to avoid falling a parts. Smaller ATPTs and ATSTs stayed out of their commanders path but soon many were destroyed from oncoming debris. Vast Empire stormtroopers quickly lined the government plaza roof tops with anti-air cannons, depretly trying to counter attack. As the last ATAT fell and only 3 of the 4 UH1s remaining, Matok still would not give in. "Fire at will. Let them take care of the bombers, keep your sights on the remaining Tank Droids!" Inside the plaza things were a different story. A few Tank Droids had slammed into the heavily armoured walls and penitrated them. As Vast Empire troops started to set up repeaters on large tripods, the Tanks unleashed their cargo. Heavily armed Republic fighters. "Consentrate all fire on those troops" screamed an officer from across the hall. The troopers, not wanting to face death, or worse, a Vast Empire detention center, locked on to their targets and fired. 'DECA DECA DECA' was all the sound that could be heard as the troopers moved the tripod held cannons watching enemy troops fall left and right. Mass amounts of bodies, but they still continued to come. 'DECA DECA DECA' squealed the heavy repeaters, but still more troopers came until finally, 'click', the repeaters were empty and the troops were forced to use their own blasters. The oncoming fighters began to emerge from the scene, holding their dead counterparts as sheilds from the oncoming blaster fire. With the odds against them, the Vast Empire troopers continued their defensive assault, they would die with honour even as their officer held out the granade and in a flash, it ended. Defense squad one and two and three dozen enemy troops were dead. But with the crazed mind of the Republic, the assault on the plaza continued and more and more troops entered the structure and raced down its  halls. They're mission would continue. ----------- OOC : I wonder if I can get a response to this one.. im out of ideas!

-----------------------
General Rafran Matok,
'Rampage' Task Force Commander of the Shadow Army,
[ Force Elite Soldiers ]
Matok
ComNet Novice

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  102
January 22, 2002 9:52:00 AM    View the profile of Matok 
LOL.. wait a sec.. i posted this too late.. is it over? It seems like the battle completed or something.. drat. ignore that top post of mine then if i missed up

-----------------------
General Rafran Matok,
'Rampage' Task Force Commander of the Shadow Army,
[ Force Elite Soldiers ]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
January 22, 2002 11:58:31 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fear not Matok...here's where everyone currently is. FES groundpounders and most of VE Army Command are on Lotaith fighting the enemy invaders.  I am returning after my not-as-interesting-as-I-thought-it-would-be mission out in the sticks. Iron Horse, Dark Dragoons, and Raiders squads are either on Sernpidal and it's primary moon working to complete a couple missions.  Soon they will be able to make it home. The FA (whatever their status) and Wraith squad are working to abscond with some enemy leadership types and whatever data they can recover.  Once stellar atmospheric conditions improve, they a) should be done with their mission and ready to go, because apparently b) will have a lot of incoming enemy to deal with. Last but not least, CPT Cosmic is on the Army's home turf - Tadath - trying to keep his trainees alive and the planet out of enemy hands. Eventually we can assume that a couple of our missions will either wrap up quickly or fail as Anakin decides that to be the case.  I know nothing definite and even indefinite, but I doubt this is supposed to be easy. Just playing devil's advocate, but I highly doubt that we will be allowed to hold the capital city...and I suspect Cosmic's mission will simply be forced to end as he and whoever he can keep alive get off of the planet.  I have no idea about what the navy is up to either, but I think we're supposed to gain some object lessons here somewhere. So...should this be the case, I suppose we will all adapt to those situations.  Hope this helps.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 22, 2002 2:13:48 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The street looked clear, and they were about to walk down it when Raziel felt something against his leg. "Tripwire!" he said in a hoarse whisper. Leaning down, he saw the wire run across the street at about knee height. There was fresh plaster in the walls there too. "Not dry yet," he whispered after feeling the plaster, "looks like we were spotted." Raziel pulled out his vibroknife and cut the wire, then he waved Kiption, Epic and Stonefish forward. As the only Angel come off the corvettes so far, he had joined with some of the Wraiths to get the officers, while the rest of the Wraiths secured the codes from the port authorities. Up ahead, the building Stonefish had seen the man with shiny boots enter lay invitingly. The door was open, none of the curtains were closed. Almost too inviting. "Anyone got a redeye scope?" asked Stonefish. Epic pulled one from behind his belt and passed it over. Stonefish looked through it at the building. Two, three heat signatures on the upper floor, and one on the lower. He passed the scope back to Epic. "Three up, one down," he said as he pulled a grapple from under his coat. He looked at the buildings to either side of the street assessing, then realised he was in a cavern where the roof was only about forty feet up. He ran down the street towards the building, the fired the grapple up so the point dug into the rock roof almost above the front wall. Hooking the winch to his belt, he started to rise at an angle. Hoping he timed this right, he braced himself for the impact. Raziel motioned the other two forward and they made for the fron door. As they got about ten feet from the door, there was the sound of breaking glass from above as Stonefish flew through a window on the upper floor. Inside, two men cowered on the floor, both in dirty uniforms. Stonefish wasted no time in stunning the pair of them and taping their hands and feet together. As he taped the last pair of feet together, something tingled in the back of his head and he threw himself aside as a blaster bolt ripped through the torso of one of the prone officers. Rolling to his feet, Stonefish saw a black-clad figure adjusting his aim for another shot. Hooking a chair with his foot, he threw it at the man's gun, it blossomed into flame as a blaster bolt hit it and shattered as the man backfisted it. Stonefish was in the act of pulling his shotgun out as the sound of feet pounding up the stairs signalled the arrival of Raziel. The black figure swore and ran and dove out of the window. Stonefish leaped to his feet and ran to the window to see the man running down the street. Raziel burst into the room guns at the ready. "He got away," said Stonefish. Raziel swore. =========================================== Tycho, Dragoon and Cloud walked through the public areas of the port authorities offices. Every so often, an official of some kind would stop and ask them their business. Tycho would give some vague reason, and the man would leave it at that. Who would worry about three men walking around? Finally they found what they were looking for. An unattended office. Tycho went in a sat at the terminal. Cloud and Dragoon closed the door and locked it. Typing furiously, Tycho scanned through file after file, looking for some clue to where the codes were. Minutes later, he found it. Just as he was uploading it to the shuttle the lock began to open. Cloud and Dragoon stood ready, one behind the door, one in front. As it opened, Cloud grabbed the man coming in, and Dragoon quietly closed the door behind him. "Shhh," said Cloud. "I got it," said Tycho, "Let's get out of here." Cloud backfisted the bureaucrat across the face and he dropped. The three of them began to make their way back to the shuttle. =========================================== Raziel indicated that Epic and Kiption should take the bound and gagged officer. The pair of them picked him up. "Let's go," said Raziel, "We've got what we came for." "Not quite," said Stonefish, "Tycho should have planted a virus in the computer to lock all the doors open. Now I have to do my end." Stonefish brandished a large greyish block with a digital pad and display on the side. "There's only about six feet of rock between us and vacuum in this cavern. I say we make it none." Raziel looked slightly ill at the prospect, but nodded. "Part of our orders was to make sure that this place stops manufacturing. That's one way to do it." Raziel turned and started to run back down the stairs as Stonefish moved back to the window. "You got about six minutes," he shouted to Raziel as they ran underneath him. Stonefish winched himself right up to the roof of the cavern, and set the device into the rock there. He flipped the switch and the counter began ticking down. When it reached zero, this would not be a good place to be. He released the brake on the winch and began to drop back down to the ground. As he hit about ten feet, he triggered the brake again and landed with a thump on his back. He sprang back to his feet and ran. =========================================== With two minutes left, the shuttle transmitted the codes to the control computer and the door opened. The magnetic field slid across the hull of the shuttle, and it left into space with its cargo of two squads and one prisoner. As it left, Stonefish looked out of one of the ports to see a small flash on the surface of the planetoid followed by a sparkling cloud as air rushed out and froze.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

January 22, 2002 4:02:47 PM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
DarkSaber wandered for at least an hour until he heard the sounds of battle and the familiar grinding on ATAT's. DarkSaber disappeared into the shadows as if he was a shadow himself and moved toward the sound of battle. The area was very dense with Zios Crystals, very expensive but poisoness to the touch. He purposely avoided them and continued on his path. DarkSaber heard some talking long before he reached it. He nimbly climbed up on a ledge overlooking the rest of the area. He peeked over to see two light side jedi sitting and chatting on some rocks. The area was mostly rock, with some signs of plant life. The cavern reached as high as he could see untill it vanished in the darkness above. DarkSaber need to get across the wide expanse and get catch them from behind. But if he moved from this, he would undoubtably be seen. DarkSaber looked around for a plan and his gaze was caught on a crack protruding from the cavern wall, obviously because of tremors. The crack led all the way to the other side. But the crack was only stretched out half a foot with the jedi directly below him. His shadow would really be noticably if they looked up. He saw no more choices before him, so he stepped onto the crack and started to move one step at a time. He got halfway before he started to hear a cracking sound coming from the crack he was standing on. He looked down to see a new crack forming around his feet. Hearing the noise, the two jedi looked up and saw DarkSaber hanging there. DarkSaber, his stealth blown, jumped backward into a full back flip while drawing his light saber. The two jedi reacted quickly and was at the spot DarkSaber was gonna land when they first seen him. DarkSaber reacted quickly and switched his saber backhanded and swung in the air like a fan. The jedi had no choice but to move or die. They jumped back half a step and DarkSaber landed and turned one more time, facing directly at them. The jedi wasted no time. They both swung forward, one with red hair with a double thrust low and one with blone hair going in with a left right manuever, hoping to throw DarkSaber off balance. However, DarkSaber was a veteran of a thousand battles and the simple technique almost made him laugh. He ran forward a few steps and the his saber into a right swing and swung his left leg up catching the redhead in the face and deflecting the blondehead's light saber. The blondeheads saber went wide and DarkSaber's hand flicked once and a dagger flashed forward and embedded itself deep into the blones eye. The jedi fell down and spasmed in his lats moments of life. DarkSaber turned toward the redhead, noticing the the jedi had put down his light saber and held his fists out. DarkSaber threw off his black cape and lightsaber along with it. The two jedi faced off. The redhead charged in first throwing in a right hook which was knocked back with DarkSaber's left arm. DarkSaber executed a manuever of his own, he fell backwards and to his left side while his hand caught him. He lifted his feet up high into the air an instant later and kicked the jedi twice in the face. The jedi fell back, dazed, and with a bloody nose. DarkSaber was on him in an instant connecting with lightning fast punches and kicks that made the jedi fly back several steps in pain. DarkSaber stepped back when the lightsaber appeared in the jedi's hands. The jedi charged forward and sliced down hard, knowing that there was no way DarkSaber could avoid it. His victory was short lived when his saber passed through nothing but air. He growled even as the sharp point of a dagger entered his back. DarkSaber looked at his handy work and the counter manuever he had used. What it does it while they slash down they are blinded by the sabers light by just an instant. Long enough for a Dark Jedi to jump away and behind him in a split second. DarkSaber looked around himself, suddenly wondering if he had cause too much noise and half the damn reps would be on him in any moment. Not another sound echoed through the chamber and he ran off to find a patrol that he could join.

-----------------------

~DarkSaber
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
January 22, 2002 5:29:10 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel paced up and down for a full hour. He replayed the scenes in his head over and over. It had all happened in a flash and he had missed the assassin again. Last time their fight had been interrupted by 5 rebel soldiers, this time Raziel simply hadn't got there fast enough.     It now looked like the end of the trail. He had re-found the assassin by luck and now he had lost him again.     Raziel went to ask the one who seemed to be leader of the rebel runners.     He was secured in one of the few cells, hands behind back and legs tied. He didn't need that but argon didn't feel like letting the prisoner feel comfortable. Especially seeing as they had distracted the squads from defending their homeworld.     Raziel simply nodded to the man as he entered his cell.     "Good evening...erm captain." Raziel looked to the hole in his clothes where the rank badges had been. Raziels wasn't sure who, but someone had liked the look of them as a trophy.     The soldier looked stubornly away.     "Look, you're fellows may be attacking our home system as we speak, but we're coming back now...and they're gonna know about it." Raziel smiled.     Again silence.     "Right i'll be straight...i have no need of information about fellow troops or anything, just the assassin."     The Captain looked more comfortable now, he didn't really care for the assassin and maybe he could escape torture.     "What of him?" the captain relied suddenly.     "anything you know." Raziel smiled.     "Very little actually, i know how much he gets paid, that he's very good at his job and thats about it."     "Name?" Raziel asked, not content.     "Only known as black mask and other aliases, no-one on anobis really knew who he was, he was hired from higher up the system."     Raziel knew the man was telling the truth, he left the room and went back to sleep, swearing all the way. ===========================================     Tycho was smiling greatly as he went to see Raziel the next day, he had been slightly disturbed by Raziel's foul mood.     "What news?" Raziel asked as Tycho entered.     "The way home is clear, we're going to head for tadath first, we still havent come up with any ideas as yet."     "ok thanks," Raziel replied.     "By the way you may want to look at this, take it up after the mission though." Tycho threw a disk Raziel's way.     Before he could reply Tycho had left the room.     Raziel decided to look at the disk, he was soon gawping in suprise. The disk was a whole load of information he had stolen from the Zellus computer files. Tycho has highlighted certain messages that had been intercepted. They hadn't been able to decode them, but Tycho apparantly had.     And suddenly Raziel knew who his nemesis was.

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Tylen Jaap
ComNet Novice

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  59
January 22, 2002 6:44:47 PM    View the profile of Tylen Jaap 
Tylen could hear the blast fly by his head as Raxen had pushed him down out of the way.  Tylen had made one of the biggest mistakes a jedi could make, that is having focus on only one objective.  He knew the VE headquarters where being attacked and he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.  He shook his head and brought himself back to the situation.  Tylen ignited his lightsaber and force jumped into the air and came crashing down 20 yards ahead.  He could see the rebel units just a head taking aim once again.  A few blaster bolts let lose and Tylen easily deflected them off into the dusk sky.  A quick force pull and the troops where weapon less, he did one more jump and landed just in front of the two men that where standing there.  They where fairly decent size.  To Tylen they stood well over a foot taller then him.  However now that the two guards were unarmed they didn't put up a fight.  Tylen Called to Raxen and Dez and they quickly came over.  They tied up the two guards and sent transmissions to send a shuttle over to pick the two up, and awaited for orders...

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Tylen Jaap
CM/DJK Tylen Jaap/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [VP]
ETRP/SMJR Tylen Jaap/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
January 22, 2002 7:37:00 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon Viper had taken the assignment he usually took when scouting was not necessary, creating a large and impossible to miss distraction. His partner in this was his usual partner, Master(who else?). This was going to be fun. He and Master broke into the primary comm center on the planet(oid), swiftly killing the few soldiers able to resist. Master headed for the main control room, he would send out false orders to all the units for as long as they couldn't figure out what he was doing. Argon headed for the main transmitter, they would need to blow it up to stop all communication once they figured out what Master was doing. To distract attention from this, he pressed the remote, and was gratified with a distant rumble that shook the building. Five car bombs had just gone off in an exact pentagonal pattern around the comm center, the guards would hace their hands full for a while. Argon walked into the transmitter room, closed the door and got to work...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
January 22, 2002 10:24:09 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
After depositing the prisoners at the detention block, Raxen moved off and went over to the interrogation room. It was in process. Raxen looked on with amusment as Demi Wraith stalked around the rom, threatening, shouting, conversing ... anything that an interrogator does to get information out of his prisoner. But the prisoner was stubborn. Demi Wraith's patience was wearing thin ... 'If you DO NOT explain your motive and say who your superiors are, you are in for a VERY bad time, and all of us,' He glanced at all the people in the room. 'shall find extremely interesting how far you can resist pain.' Uncertainty and fear flickered on the prisoner's eyes for the first time but still he held on. The silence was deafening. After some time, Demi said softly and menacingly. 'All right, you asked for it.' He cocked his head to the technicians. 'Strap him in.' Roughy, the technicians strapped the prisoner tightly to the chair and sent in a droid. Covered with torturing equipment. Raxen decided to leave. Just as he shut the door, horrifying screams rang outand into the corridors .... OOC: Argh. This was supposed to be under Raxen. Sorry. Wont happen again.   ----------------------- WO2 'Jay' Fallen [Army: Raxen] Aegis 3-3, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]
[This message has been edited by Fallen (edited January 22, 2002 10:25:46 PM)]
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

January 22, 2002 10:26:17 PM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
It took some time for DarkSaber to find the complex. He could here faint yells inside and the smell od burning flesh from light sabers. DarkSaber walked right up to the door which was obviously locked. He looked at the glow pannel to the right of the door and extended his hand. He built up the dangerous force energy, waiting until he knew it would fry the pannel and release the lock. He let the energy loose and the pannel seemed to burst by some invisible force. He heard a clanking sound within door and it opened. He walked in just as someone closed a door at the other side of the room. DarkSaber moved forward cautiously his hand at the hilt of his saber. He walked toward the door and proceeded to opening it obviously alerting whomever was on the other side.

-----------------------

~DarkSaber
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

January 22, 2002 11:07:42 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
"All Rebels aboard are dead, sir." Said Colonel Davis. Captain Cosmic nodded. "Very good.  Now-" "Sir!  The other ships have opened fire on the planet!" Said Captain Hark. Cosmic turned to Captain Hark. "Fire on the second most heavily armed ship and fire with everything we've got. Take out their shield generator.  Colonel Davis, reactivate life support throughout the entire ship." Ordered Cosmic. "Yes sir." Said Colonel Davis, setting to work. Cosmic turned to Lieutenant Hawkins. "Lieutenant, report." "Sir, their shield generator has sustained heavy damage. Just a few more rounds and they're shieldless." "Do it." "Yes sir." Lieutenant Hawkins fired.  Suddenly, a huge explosion emerged. "Direct hit, sir." Said Hawkins. Cosmic nodded. "Excellent." Replied Cosmic. "Sir," began Lieutenant Morrison.  "An enemy ship is sending a message. He asks why we have destroyed their own ship." Cosmic snickered. "Reply with full weapon deployment." Said Cosmic.  "Aye sir." Said Morrison. ------------------------------ "Sir! They haven't responded to our message, and they are attacking us!" Said the Ensign. The captain took a deep breath. "Signal all ships to fire on the lead ship." Ordered the Captain.  "Target their shield generators and take out their engines." "Aye sir." ------------------------------ Cosmic and the rest of his men gripped ahold of something firm as the ship shook. "Sir, shields are at sixty-five percent and falling fast." Cosmic stood up and started walking towards the turbolift. "Captain, I have just picked up scans from the planets surface.  Four out of the five shield generators have been destroyed, and there has been a huge number of civilian casualties." Cosmic closed his eyes and shook his head. "Everybody to deck four, section six now!" Ordered Cosmic. The men nodded and headed for the turbolift. Once the men were inside the turbolift, Colonel Davis turned to Cosmic. "Aren't you coming Captain?" Cosmic nodded. "Yes.  Go to the designated area now. I'll catch up in a minute." "Sir, the shields are failing, the ship will-" "Now." Said Cosmic sternly. Colonel Davis nodded slowly then walked backwards. "You heard the man." Said Davis. "Yes sir." Replied Major Phort, and the turbolift doors closed. Cosmic immediately walked towards the sensor consol and scanned the planet's surface.  Another huge shaking from the ship made Cosmic nearly lose his balance. Cosmic read the scans.  His face twisted in anger as he read that several thousand civilian casualties have been scanned. Another shake from the ship made Cosmic head towards the turbolift. ========= Deck 4, Sect. 6 ========= Cosmic nodded as his men met him before the door of section six. "Ok, everybody get in the escape pods and head for the planet.  I'm sure the enemy ships will be too busy trying to destroy our ship before they pay any attention to us." Said Cosmic. "What if they do spot us?" Asked Davis. "We'll be close to the planet's atmosphere by then. We'll be out of range." Replied Cosmic. The men nodded and manned their pods. The pods ejected and headed towards the planet. The enemy ships didn't fire on them until they spotted them...which was too late to fire. The pods landed on the planet's surface, in the city. Cosmic and his men quickly jumped out and ran towards the oxygen pump facility. They ran inside and quickly shut the door.  The three sergeant majors looked at their superiors.  Some of the trainees had died because pipes from the pumps came crashing down, hitting them and killing them instantly. =========== Current Enemy Command ship =========== The captain watched as their lead ship exploded into a ball of flame. "Sir, I couldn't lock onto the escape pods before they were out of range. They're on the planet." Said the Ensign.  The captain swore and shook his head. "Deploy the ZGGAT." Said the captain. "ZGGAT informed and are on their way." Replied the ensign. The Zero-G Ground Assault Troops headed towards their specially designed transports and headed for the planet at a high rate of speed. =========== On the Planet =========== "Captain! I am detecting four troop transports heading to our section of the planet.  They are specially designed for non-atmospheric locations." Cosmic nodded. "I don't get it. The atmosphere is in order though..." Said Sergeant Major Fortrall. Cosmic shook his head. "Everybody out NOW!" Yelled Cosmic. All of the men ran out of the facility and out into the open. "Why are we leaving so quickly? This has to be the safest spot on the planet." Said Lieutenant Gundall. "On the contrary," began Cosmic.  "Zero-G troopers are designed for non-atmospheric locations...the ships in orbit are going to strike this facility. Now move!" Ordered Cosmic. The sergeant major nodded and headed out the door, with Cosmic following closely...

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
January 22, 2002 11:13:03 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Dragoon smoked a thin cigarra in his and Kiption's room on the ship.  As always, the resourceful Dragoon picked up a stash from the office they destroyed.  It was good tobacco too, the kind that is said to be akin to Alderaanian, which can't even be found anymore.  He sat with his back to the cold metal and blew smoke rings when Kip walked in.  "Hey Kip," Dragoon said. Kip nodded and blew the smoke away from his face. "Why do you need to smoke in my room?  You know it annoys me." Dragoon grinned to himself and blew another smoke ring.  Kiption hated smoke, but he put up with it.  Dragoon then got pensive.  People died.  He'd been in the army long enough to have enough friends die, and his career before got him well accustomed to death.  On his own hands, there was the blood of many people.  But through all that, he never could accept it.  The last real friend he had died on a covert mission, and since then Dragoon never found another. Then he looked at Kip.  Kip was older than him, prolly by a couple of years.  He had a way about him that just made Dragoon relax.  Heh, at meetings, Kip and Dragoon would sit off to the side and make snide comments about some of the people.  Dragoon wasn't going to let Kip meet the same fate. ----------------------------------------------------- OOC: Er...uh...yeah, guess who I'm posting as... ------------------------------------------------------   ----------------------- Captain Riel Fury Navy Executive Officer Raptor Five Founder of Aegis Squadron
[This message has been edited by Riel Fury (edited January 22, 2002 11:26:30 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

January 22, 2002 11:48:22 PM    View the profile of Fury 
The next day and a half were spent following two sullen-looking partisans as they commandeered landspeeders, various repulsor cargo craft, and one obnoxious team of eeopies as they tried to get Fury back to the capital.  During this time, he mostly slept, trying to heal his wounds and get needed rest. While awake however, he got to see what the Vast Empire had chosen not to do to this planet when they invaded it.  Large swaths of decimated soil constituted impromptu no-man's lands between the enemy and VE/FES forces.  Laid down by massive bombardments of orbital turbolasers, any defensive emplacements on the scene had been fused with the torn landscape.  Luckily, no one was expecting much resistance from such a wasteland, so cautiously the team moved through the rubble.  The last part of the journey took place underground, in one of the tunnel systems he had help orchestrate.  He found them crammed full of women and children.  Apparently even old men had found some role in this campaign for they were missing as well.  Those in the tunnels were trying to maintain hope...even as dirt drifted down from the roof as nearby explosions rocked the supports.  This was why Fury has joined the Corps, to stop innocent people from being slaughtered.  Sure the Empire had it's restrictions, but order and security were a small price to pay for rules.  He had failed in his duties - hell, they all had - but hopefully he could find a way to atone for this mistake.  And soon, otherwise there wouldn't be anyone left to protect.    Eventually, past more than a few cordons and checkpoints he got into the city.  Leaving his two guides to eat and rest, he was marshalled off to temporary headquarters where he was checked over by a doctor, given a stack of orders and messages to thumb through, and told of an upcoming strategy meeting insix hours; giving him just about five hours with which to rest just a little bit more and let his ribs heal.

-----------------------
Company Commander
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

January 23, 2002 6:45:01 AM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
DarkSaber, his battle lust sated, moved through the crowd of people. He smiled as he saw kids playing in an open area and having an all around great time. "Ahhhh youth" DarkSaber said quietly, scratching his goatee. He must have been locked in concetration for he accidentally slammed into Matok knocking him to the ground.

-----------------------

~DarkSaber
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 23, 2002 6:50:27 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The pair of corvettes exited hyperspace near Tadath. The first thing the pilots saw on their sensors was the orbital blockade. The second was that it was firing down on the planet. Raziel's reaction was instantaneous. "Any VE personnel, do you read?" he said into the comm. There was no response. Raziel's shoulders slumped. "What's the first thing you take out when you're invading?" asked Stonefish, and then he answered, "Surface to orbit communications. They've probably only got personal comm units down there. They're good for about thrity miles tops, a bit closer in, and we might pick them up." "Right," said Raziel, "Let's get into shuttles and get down there. Rescue who we can." Everyone started to move to the door, until Epic looked at the scanner readouts. "They've shut down the air pumps," he said in shock, "There's nearly no air left on the surface!" "Stormtrooper armour and breather masks, everyone!" The Fallen Angels as a whole put their hands up. "We don't have any trooper armour," said Kuroishi, "The only enclosing suit on board is my Varneck Marine armour. We got breather masks though." "Then I guess that'll do," said Raziel, "Wraiths get your armour on." The two squads boarded a shuttle and headed to the surface, staying out of range of the bombardment.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

January 23, 2002 10:18:32 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury woke up after a little over three hours and started scanning through messages.  The latest updates from the various fronts were, well, confusing. The FES had made initial gains in breaking the blockade to insert their troops.  Since then, however, the enemy had made surrounding the planet their main objective.  Since he normally didn't get naval intelligence, he didn't know how that situation stood.  The only good and certain thing was that communications were back up...only failing as jamming would break up or totally turn a message into jibberish.  The new coding sequences seemed to be up to snuff against enemy decryption - for now anyway. A couple of notes from the Dominion showed the progress of the forces there.  Apparently all transports would be onboard within the next day - which was apparently today according to his chron.  Good.  While their mission was critical, it was also necessary to get those forces back home. The Scythe sent in a report from...Tadath?  Fury kept reading.  Ah, that made sense.  An extrication mission against some heavy enemy fire.  Hopefully there would be some good news from that group in the near future. Seeing as the FES was taking a beating, Fury was hoping the upcoming meeting would have some valuable information for him. For now he decided to get some orders out so the troops wouldn't fly into an ambush or a situation they were not quite yet able to handle. Dominion teams were to jump to the Shykar system, where the Jedi captives would be delivered to the planet by any DJO combatants.  There they would meet up with Imperial Center resupply ships, which would give them everything from ammunition, food, bandages, and weapons.  The escort ships would be resupplied and leave, their contract completed.  From there they would wait for further orders and interrogate any captured enemy. Scythe and Fallen Angels with Tadath survivors, including Captain Cosmic and his team would also head for the planet Lopen and join up with the Dominion.  The Fallen Angels of course could head towards whatever goal they wish.  He also took the time to make sure that the IC shipyards on Etchik actually had the supplies the troops needed.  Granted, the vehicle yards on Tadath were probably scrap metal at the moment, but Etchik was the predominant shipping area for all orders, plus home to the consumer factories.  Using some of their newest support ship prototypes, he ordered them to Lopen.  As long as the store didn't garner attention, they could move to re-supply the VE. From there, all he could do was wait.  And go to see what he could do here on Lotaith.

-----------------------
Company Commander
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
January 23, 2002 3:25:42 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
OOC: Raxen, when did we get a detention center on Sernpidal? The Raiders were assessing the damage to the transports, it wasn't good. Many of the primary systems had been tampered with, including communications to the Dominion.       "Damn those Rebel scum!" grunted Otto, as he bent over to look at a blown hull piece. "I sure hope that we can deter those Rebels to sell us parts, cause we need 'em." "We sure do Otto," said Snake "I'm just glad that your father was a parts mechanic, cause alot of us don't know much about fixing up ships, that's the Naval boys job."     "I'm just glad he learned most of the stuff his daddy taught him." implied Jedi. "Amen to that." D-13 said.       “ You know it D. I just hope that I can help a little, I know……… some.” Said Shadow     "Well now, if you guys are done chatting, we can move on, or does Grizzly have something to say?" asked Otto, eager to get this over with and go back home. He wanted his ACTUAL quarters back, even though it wasn't that much better than anArmy cot, he did have that many IC's to his name. "Ha, not really Otto, I don't know what to say after Jedi's great input." laughed Grizzly. As they moved on to the next two transports they found out that they would need quite a few more parts then they thought. This was not gunna go over well with the greedy Rebels that were on this acursed out cast planet. They then walked to the hangar bay of the former academy. Fortunatly, there were some left over land speeders. Otto wished he had his swoop, but this would do. Snake hopped into the cockpit of one of the four speeders, Jedi in the other. Shadow hopped into Snake’s speeder, and so did Grizzly, D-13 into Jedi’s. Otto looked around as he was about to hop into Jedi’s speeder and saw a small speeder bike. He looked over to Snake and motioned to the speeder. Snake knew that Otto loved speeder bikes and swoops.     “Sure Otto, take the bike.” Said Snake Otto walked proudly to the speeder, it was the standard issue 74-Z Military Speeder Bike. “Ooo, even better it’s a 74-Z Military issue,” piped Otto “These are great. And hey, if we get into trouble, I can always blast ‘em”  They then took off towards the city. It would take them about 30 minutes, due to the fact that the city was 1/5 of the way around the planet, about 300 klm.

-----------------------
Otto Vox
Corporal
Platoon 1 Sqaud 3 (Raiders)
TRP/CPL Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"War is war, you can only come out alive if you're good."
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
January 23, 2002 6:38:19 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
DW sighed, the prisoner wasn't talking.  Looks like this rebel was well trained, he didn't even crack even though he went through the torture. DW turned to one of the troops and said, "Continue the torture until he cracks."  The trooper nodded in response.  DW left the room and exited the transport. Once he was outside he craned his neck.  He was tired and hadn't gotten any sleep recently.  He had been trying to get that rebel to talked for the last hour or so, but with no success. Hmmm...maybe I can get Japer to help me extract some info from this guy. DW thought to himself.  DW knew that Japer was strong in the Force; he could get the rebel to bend to his will.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1]

Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
January 23, 2002 6:38:20 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited January 23, 2002 6:39:20 PM)]
Peacemaker
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  224
Total Posts:  225
January 23, 2002 6:57:55 PM    View the profile of Peacemaker 
Peacemaker stand bevor the Transport when DW comes out and sighed. "Hmm, that looks like the Prsioners wont talk" sayed PM to himself. Slowly goes PM the ramp up in the Transport and goes to the Room where the Prisoners where hold. A Trooper was trying to get Informations out off him, but the Rebel wont speak. PM watched the torture a few moments more and goes than out of the Transporter. He knows that this is necessary to become Informations, but he dont must watch it. In a Battle, he would never stopp a second to kill a Enemy and sometimes he really enjoyed it, but now he was only tired. He sit down besides the Transport and starts smoking a Cigarette. Then he watched in a plash and see his dusty and tired face "Hmm, its Time to check my Weapons, bevore the next Fight starts" ....

-----------------------
Evil Clone from Warmaker
TRP/PFC Peacemaker/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
January 23, 2002 7:11:54 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon, in his white armor, thought for a bit.  "Raziel, sir, how are we supposed to get through the blockade?" Raziel didn't answer the question immediately.  "We'll have to be quiet." "Sir, I have an idea.  Why don't we ask the Navy to help out a bit?  I used to be friends with Captain Riel, and I'm sure he'd like to help us out if he can." Raziel nodded.  "It won't hurt to try.  Open a channel with the Imperial II Star Destroyer Devastator.  Tell them we need to speak to Captain Riel Fury." The communications officer nodded and had it done. "Yes," Riel said in a cool voice.  "Raz, what can I do for you." "Greetings Captain.  We have a problem here at Tadath.  It seems that there is a fleet blockading the place, and we can't get through.  This is more your line of expertise than ours, so I was hoping you could help us out." Riel thought for a minute, looked off the screen, nodded, and then said,"We'll be there in approximately 13 hours. Hold off all attacks until then.  We're going to go in with all ships in the offensive fleet, so we'll make quick work of the fleet." "Thank you Captain." "It's my job to help," Riel said respectfully.  Dragoon smiled at the way his old friend had matured over the years.  He was very official now, but Dragoon noticed something else.  A haunted look was in Riel's eyes.  Like he knew things that Dragoon would never begin to understand.  That shook Dragoon into the present. ----------------------------------- See the Navy story on details of the Navy battle around Tadath.  The story picks up after the Navy battle. ------------------------------------ "Thank you, Captain, for all of your help."  Raziel said to Riel. Riel just nodded.  "Well, we're off again.  Have about 19 more planets to hit before the Atrus will be back online.  Goodbye."  Riel saluted and the com went off.

-----------------------
PFC Dragoon
Mean guy, but good at heart
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

January 23, 2002 7:19:20 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic and his team raced towards the Communications Complex. Once inside, Cosmic turned to Colonel Davis.  "Colonel, get these trainees to the planetary evacuation shuttles now!" Ordered Cosmic. The Colonel nodded and started instructing the trainees. Cosmic then activated the Communications Planetary Comm System. Cosmic took a deep breath then spoke.  "Planetary leaders, get the civilians to the evac shuttles now! Repeat, get the civilians to the evac shuttles now and head and head for Lotaith at hyperspace speed!" Ordered Cosmic. A group of voices acknowledged Cosmic's message.  Cosmic then turned to the rest of the veterans.  "Lieutenant Hawkins, get to our Imperial Shuttle on the outskirts of the city and bring it here immediately." Hawkins nodded and immediately left for the shuttle. "Hawkins." Said Cosmic.  The Lieutenant turned around to face Cosmic. "Bring Gundall with you, just in case some troops have landed." "Yes sir.  Gundall, you're with me." Said Hawkins. Gundall nodded and walked with Hawkins. Cosmic turned around and watched as the sea of trainees ran for the evacuation shuttles.  Suddenly, huge laser blast struck the Oxygen Pump facilitiy. Cosmic swore.  He then ran to catch up to Hawkins and Gundall. The last planetary shield had been destroyed, and the planet was now very vulnerable... Cosmic caught up with the two Lieutenants and he called out. The two lieutenants turned around and saw Cosmic running at full speed. "We've got to get to the shuttle now!" Yelled Cosmic, who was now caught up to them. The three men were now running at full speed towards the shuttle. "The rebels have destroyed the last shield generator and are now striking the oxygen pump facility. If that thing blows, the atmosphere on this planet will be sucked out." Said Cosmic as he ran.  Cosmic now used his Force Speed to run towards the shuttle, causing Hawkins and Gundall to fall behind really fast.  Cosmic boarded the shuttle and activated the engines.  He then ascended the shuttle and headed towards the two lieutenants. Once they jumped in, Cosmic closed the doors and headed for the evacuation shuttle bay. =============== Evacuation Shuttle Bay =============== Cosmic saw about 3 dozen shuttles lifting off the ground. Cosmic turned on the Commlink to all channels. "This is Captain Cosmic calling Colonel Davis. Respond Colonel Davis." "Were here Captain. In Evac Shuttle One.  I have the some of the trainees with me.  The others are on evac shuttles two through twelve." "Ok, great. I have Hawkins and Gundall. Were now returning to the communications facility to retrieve the rest of the team.  Now, as soon as I get the rest of the veterans, rendezvous back here." "Acknowledged." Replied Davis. Cosmic then headed for the rest of his team. ----------------------------- Once he retrieved his team and was at the rendezvous waypoint, Cosmic opened the channel to evac shuttle one. "Evac shuttle one, come in. Colonel Davis, come in." There was no reply. "Colonel Davis. Respond." Ordered Cosmic. Still no response. "Sir, the evac shuttles have decreased in number from thirty-six shuttles to twenty." Said Sergeant Major Cass. Cosmic looked at the sensor readings. "It appears that the rebels have detected the evac shuttles and started firing on them."  Captain Cosmic closed his eyes and shook his head. Cosmic then opened his eyes and turned to Lieutenant Morrison. "Lay in a course for for Lopen." Ordered Cosmic. "Sir, the Colonel and-" "They're dead Lieutenant." Said Cosmic, cutting in.  "Now take us out." Said Cosmic sternly. Lieutenant Morrison nodded slowly and headed out of the planet's atmosphere. Cosmic then activated the cloaking device so that they would be invisible to sensors. Cosmic then messaged evac shuttles two through twelve and informed them to lay in a course for Lopen immediately. ================ Hyperspace - Enroute to Lopen ================ Cosmic turned to the veterans who had their heads bowed. "Colonel Davis was a fine man and officer." Said Cosmic. "He knew that there were high risks involved in this mission.  The trainees knew that they were in danger as well. They did not die in vain." The officers didn't budge.  They remained still and their heads remained bowed. Cosmic felt that a knife had stabbed his ribs.  He knew that Colonel Davis was a fine man, and a good friend, even though the Colonel may not have known this. Cosmic watched as the starts' stripes blurred passed the shuttle...

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
January 23, 2002 8:55:58 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
They had figured it out, but it didn't matter much, Argon and Master were well away, and the transmitter was destroyed. The next target would be a command center, this time, a hostage situation would prevail. They moved into the large room, spreading out to cover anything, their weapons hidden. Suddenly, the guns came out, and shots were fired at the cieling. "Everybody down,"shouted Master, with Argon letting out a roar to make sure everyone knew they were serious. They had no intention of killing anybody, but this would make an excellent, and long term distraction to the local security forces. "Everyone on the floor over here,"ordered Argon. As they complied, Master locked all the doors in the building and took out the security devices. Then they settled in to wait. [Guys, tell me if this is actually helping or whether I'm vigilante-ing it here...]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:48:41 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 135  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >