Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

Post Number:  438
Total Posts:  438
  RE: Ch. 7-B Army
February 19, 2002 10:35:31 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
'Mmmmm sleep', Kip curled up next to a nice comfy rock and dozed off.  It was one of those nice dreams.  Bright lights, flashy shiny objects, and beautiful people.  It had been a long time since Kip had had a dream like that.  Ever since he had joined the VE, his dreams had gotten progressivly worse, it wasn't until he found people that he could trust that he finally started to relax and let his guard down. Off in the far distance of a hazy cloud he heard a noise.  He went off to check out what it was.  A voice started calling out to him, "Kiiiiippppppp"  "Kiiiippppppppp".  It was a nice voice, almost soothing.  He changed directions and went off to follow that one.  It started to get louder.  "Kiiiiippppppp"  "Kiiiiiipppppp".  As he got even closer, the voice got louder, and much more.... masculine.  'WTF!!!'  Kip snapped awake.  "Kip, come in damnit.  There's activity going on down at barracks.  I think they may be trying to start something." Kiption reached to his back and pulled out his night vision goggles and s tarted to scan the area of the now pitch black base. "You see him yet?"  "That's a big negative."  Kip replied after several more passes of the barracks.  "How many times do I have to tell you, nobody actually talks like that.  It's just something they put into the holo-vids to make the army look cool." "It works." Both of them went back to scanning the barracks.  "Try there, at about 2:30 from my point of view."  Kip said.  "Nope, that's just a grunt.  Tell me something, was she cute?" Dragoon answered.  "Oh hell ya."  Kip laughed.   ----------------------- ::Salute:: FM Threeof4 Field Marshal - Vast Empire Notepad Email I'm in hell.
[This message has been edited by Threeof4 (edited February 19, 2002 10:39:43 PM)]
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
February 19, 2002 10:57:24 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon stealthly crawled to a better position, and set up his whisper rifle.  He kept in constant contact with Kip.  They spotted a few mid-level officers, but they were still missing the big catch they wanted.  Then, Dragoon spotted him ducking his head out of one of the prefab shelters.  "I have visual.  When I get a clear shot, I'll take it." "See, when you talk like that, the Army just sounds cool," Kip whispered back. "That's why people join the army, so they can say affirmative and negative and all that bantha dung." Dragoon grinned and kept his rifle steady on the Colonel's head.  Kip seemed to pick up the next highest visible officer, a Lt. Colonel of rather high importance.  That should really shake moral if they do well.  Dragoon made sure their escape was secure.  They would no doubt scramble the second they found the Colonel dead.  The Colonel, oblivious to his surroundings and his immediate danger, suddenly boldly walked out of the prefab shelter.  Evidently, they were going to have a meeting of some sort before they got moving.  Perfect, Dragoon thought.  Kill him in front of all of his own troops.  This was going to be fun. Kip started telling a story about his "girlfriend" he had spotted on one of the past raids.  "You should have seen those full breasts.  It made me thirsty just looking at them," he told Dragoon. Dragoon had to fight back laughter.  The Colonel stepped up to the podium and was beginning his pep-talk.  Well, this would definitely raise the moral of the soldiers, just not the Rebel soldiers.  "Okay Kip, on the count of three."  Dragoon set the rifle up right on the Colonel's forehead.  "Make it count.  One."  The Colonel's voice boomed, despite the intense downpoar.  "Two."  The Lt. Colonel rose up from his seat and began to walk toward the podium as well, as a few of the mid level officers evidently decided that this little pep-talk was directed at the grunts. "Three." The Colonel looked at the crowd before him, shocked, stumbled back, and fell.  The Lt. Colonel didn't have the luxury to realize what happened.  He was just thrown back.  "Kip, I think we've officially worn out our welcome.  Let's get back to Raziel and report."

-----------------------
PFC Dragoon
Mean guy, but good at heart
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

February 19, 2002 11:18:42 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
Kip and Dragoon were running through the brush back towards safe haven.  Well running isn't the best word for it.  It was more of a fast jog.  The last thing they needed to do was get their adrenaline up too high, that's when mistakes were most often made.  Besides, if they were running, they would be out of breath, and there would be no idle conversation.  That would make this post boring.  And the last thing we need in this story is a nice boring post about nothing that is happening in the story.  But while i'm on this nice litte run and I have your attention, have you noticed how some people just love to write themselves into little side stories like the one we have here?  The last thing this side story needs is some random trooper showing up with all kinds of artillery and their pet 100 ft alien... I'm getting side tracked. "You know what I like best about her?"  Kip said into his comlink.  They still weren't close enough to have a decent face to face conversation, and since they base they were just at didn't pick up on their conversations earlier, they assumed that they would be safe. "What's that?"  Dragoon called back as he entered a field and sped up his pace. "I just like the way she lets her hair down.  I've always thought that they should have nice long hair.  And since they have that long hair, they might as well show it off."  "I can see your point, but it does end up getting in their way if they're doing anything besides sitting there looking nice for you."  Dragoon said.  "That's true, but they can tie it back behind their head.  The problem with rebel women is that they all either have short hair, or the put it to the sides of their head if it gets in the way.  Danishes are good to eat, but they're not a good hairstyle." "What you want to go back to the old republic days, where they had to wear those mamoth hair racks?" "No, but at least they had style.  Is that too much to ask?" "Not really."  Dragoon had cleared the field, and started to move towards Kip's direction. Kip, still running through the woods, also changed his direction to meet up with Dragoon.  "You know what else I like.  Those one piece jump suits." "Why's that?"  "Cuase it's so simple.  I mean, why they always gotta wear the fancy crap.  It just takes away from them" "Cut the chatter, you'll lead the rebels back to us."  an anonymous voice of authority came over their frequency.  They were almost back to the return area (forgot the military term sorry) and then they could continue their nice conversation.

-----------------------
::Salute::
FM Threeof4
Field Marshal - Vast Empire
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

February 19, 2002 11:55:20 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
The Commander of Coins, Dragoon thought.  Well, the naked Twi'lek they had for the image on it DID have a bag of money, but these girly cards Kip had stashed in his footlocker were just kinda disturbing. Raziel had ordered the squad to hang low for a day or two.  Evidently, Kip and Dragoon stirred up quite a commotion, as was their usual.  For awhile they tried picking up girls at the makeshift lounge they had set up, but it seemed picking up girls together was counter-productive.  Maybe if Kip didn't bring up his girl in the navy every five minutes it'd be easier, but Kip just couldn't get rebel breasts out of his mind. "Okay, what do you have, Kip?"  Dragoon asked. Kip laid the cards down.  "Not a damn thing." Dragoon grinned.  "Sabacc, boy.  Pay up."  Kiption slid 50 Imperial credits towards Dragoon. "You cheat, don't you," he questioned. "It's not cheating if you don't know I'm doing it," Dragoon retorted.  "So, does this planet have any good strip clubs?" Kiption shrugged.  "You're the veteran, you tell me."  He almost began another hand, but he checked in his pockets first.  "Damn, that's another paycheck you completely took from me.  You know, I have four little girls at home that wanted some toys." "Speaking of that, you really should return them to their parents," Dragoon said as he grabbed a Dew.  "It's getting to the point where it's just plain disturbing." So they sat talking about nothing, everything, and some other stuff, basically for the amusement of themselves.  See, when it gets late, people do stupid things that at the time are funny, but when looked at later on, are just plain weird.  Dragoon and Kiption were those type of people all day round, though...

-----------------------
PFC Dragoon
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

February 20, 2002 12:16:10 AM    View the profile of Threeof4 
"What did you say about my mother?"  Kip looked up at Dragoon.  "I'm just saying that, you know, maybe if she wore some makeup she wouldn't be that bad on the eyes."  Dragoon shot a smirk across the table. "Oh, and you're mom's the next Mrs. Empire winner?"  "No, but at least she doesn't have a chance of being mistaken for a Bantha." "You know, I can take a lot of crap from you.  Dragging me through a sewer, making fun of my latest obessesion.  I can even handle you scaring away all the attractive women by talking about your ugly girl in the Tie Corps, but talking about my momma, ain't something I can handle."  Kip started to raise his voice.  People started to stir in the cots around them. "Listen man, just relax ok?  A lot of people are sensative about their mom's.  Most of them live on some backwater planet, and end up marrying their sister."  "Oh, so now you're talking about my sister eh?  It's on now."  Kiption dived across the table and started swinging at Dragoon's face.  "Let's see how much you girl likes you when i'm done with ya."  Dragoon threw Kip off him with the help of a strong arm from Raz.  "Hey I know you like her, but beating me up isn't gonna make her like you any more."  Raz's turn to say something, "Hey you two, knock it off.  You wanna go beat he crap out of each other you take it outside, or to the bar.  A lot of the girls down there just might go for the two of you trying to beat the crap out of each other." "Hey do you think she'll be there?"  Kip asked Dragoon.  "I dunno, it's pretty late, we might as well go check it out though.  We can't have any more fights in here, and at the bar, they have chairs I can break over your head."    Dragoon said as both of them walked back to the lounge.

-----------------------
FM Threeof4
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

February 20, 2002 12:28:30 AM    View the profile of Dragoon 
"So, you have any Corellian in you?" Kiption was asking a girl. "No, I don't," she replied tartly. "You want some," he said slyly and slid closer to her.  Apparently, he forgot the one part of the pick-up line that's so important, which is standing more than 5 feet away from the female as you say it.  Therefore, he didn't expect the punch that knocked him on the floor or the punch splashed in his face.  Dragoon moved to help Kip up.  "You had to use that line, didn't you," he said as Kip rose to his feet.  "That's just a sure-fire way to get smacked." "So I noticed," Kip said back.  "Gosh, she punched hard." "I'm going to request you to be transfered to the Dark Dragoons or the Raiders.  You'd fit right in, they get beat up by girls all the time."  Dragoon ordered a drink for Kip and helped him back to his seat.  "So, who's your next target?" Kip looked around at the bar.  "It's slim pickings this time of night."  He turned back towards the tables and spied a cute red-head.  "I found her."  Kip's eyes were in that range where Dragoon knew that no matter what he said, there was no stopping Kip.  Kip walked over and began talking to the girl.  "Is there a mirror in your pants, cause I can just see myself in them." Dragoon didn't even pay attention as the sound of glass breaking flooded his ears.

-----------------------
PFC Dragoon
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

February 20, 2002 12:47:02 AM    View the profile of Threeof4 
Kip stumbeled back to the bar and slumped down next to his friend.  "You ever notice how I'm the one that always gets the crap kicked out of him, or manages to crawl through the sewer and not have a change of clothes.  Or gets captured and has to be rescued?" "You noticed that too?"  Dragoon sipped his drink.  "I swear somebody out there hates me.  I mean, is it too much to ask for you to get the crap kicked out of you.  I mean, it doesn't even have to be that bad.  But just once, I wanna see you lying in a pool of blood with me to help you out, as opposed to the other way around." "I hate to break it to you, but the powers that be just like me a lot more than they like you."  Dragoon spun around on his chair and scanned over the rest of the people visiting the fine temporary lounging facilities.  "You know you're prolly right.  I should just not do this anymore, I mean, maybe I should just sit here on this stool, and do absolutely nothing.  BARKEEP!"  Kip snapped his fingers and pointed down ant the empty place on the bar.  "Courascant sunrise"  "Right away." said the bar keep and set to work making the beverage.  "You can't do that."  Dragoon turned back around on his stool.  "Can't give them the satisfaction of just giving up on all this fun."  "Oh?"  Kiption took his newly found drink and sipped it.  "Yea, besides you can't hold your liquor.  Once you finish that drink it'll be back to fun times." "Touche'"  Kip said and downed the rest of his glass.  "Who's next?"  "I think you need to take it easy, how about the one at the end of the bar?"  "It sounds as good as any other...."  Kip staggered down to the far end.  As he got to be about arms reach from the end of the bar, he turned around and staggered back. "You bastard, that was a man."

-----------------------
FM Threeof4
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

February 20, 2002 1:09:18 AM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon helped his intoxicated friend back to the makeshift barracks.  What they had set up wasn't the most comfortable, but it worked.  Dragoon uncerimoniously threw Kip onto his bunk and climbed up to take the top bunk.  "So, you asleep yet?" Dragoon asked the drunken man below him. A slurred, unintelligible reply came up to him.  Kip must already be dreaming about his beautiful danish eared rebel girlfriend, Dragoon thought.  Well, not to be outdone, he began writing a letter to his girlfriend in the Navy. He woke up the next morning.  He must've fell asleep while writing the letter.  Kip was still sound asleep, which didn't surprise Dragoon at all.  He got out of the bunk, stretched, and stepped outside.  He stopped, looked around, and thought to himself.  Just Wraith Squad had gotten past enemy lines, he thought.  "Kip, wake up," Dragoon said.  "Uh, about that bar last night." Kiption remembered all to well.  "Um..yeah," he said squinting. "Uh, I think that was a Rebel bar...only the Wraiths got across the line, and the Dread Knights."  Dragoon started laughing hysterically.  "We could have been killed.  At least we didn't wear our gaudy stormtrooper armor." Kiption thought about, looked at Dragoon blankly, then walked back into the shelter.  "Wake me up when I'm dead."   ----------------------- PFC Dragoon Mean guy, but good at heart
[This message has been edited by Dragoon (edited February 20, 2002 1:19:42 AM)]
Kiption
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Executive Officer

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  152
February 20, 2002 1:30:07 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
OOC: We here at the Wraith Army Comedy Troop would like to thank you for putting up with this interesting rendition of, How Kip got Drunk.  All in all this small skit you've more than likely just skimmed over took all of about 2 hours to write, and a total of 10 mins to plan.  We would like to note that we do not get paid for our services here at this wee hour, so please feel free to tip your waiter or waitress generously.  This is the small compensation that we can get for our inability to sleep.  Please note, that if you would like to continue seeing masterful works of literature, like the one you just skimmed, please send a note to one LTC Fury or one BG Talon and ask them to initate a jester pay of some kind.  Again we thank you for your ability to read, and we hope that once again you use this ability to wast more time, be it at work, school or at home.  From our family to yours we wish you a pleaseant night and sweet dreams.  Signed,  Kiption Verastin Dragoon   ----------------------- Just another pretty face....
[This message has been edited by Kiption (edited February 20, 2002 1:35:46 AM)]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
February 20, 2002 4:18:54 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
OOC: The Fish wonders which bar that was and can he join you next time

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Matok
ComNet Novice

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  102
February 20, 2002 12:58:21 AM    View the profile of Matok 
Matok prepared the UH1 for its first combat since it was recovered from the Task Force Hauler. His crew of eight seemed calm as they fiddled with switches, turned on equipment and set the walkers course. The General looked at this datapad. Explosion were reported to the east, enemy forces incountered Vast Empire snipers to the north, he would have to stage a massive battle to gain access to the city and he didnt know if the crew was up to it. "Gentlemenm" said Matok clearly as the crew turned to face him, "Everyone here knows the risks involved in battle. Now I'am asking everyone here to put their lives on the line. We will be going towards the capital. Our mission is full combat. Mole has already sent his force towards the east in an attempt to find the Galcura wreckage force and gain the help of the group that Fury is now incharge over. He will then hand Fury over his battalion as he and a few of his operatives, plan to sneak through the defenses." The crew looked up as him questionly. Mole had already left with over 30 ATATs and other massive vehicles to the Galcura position. They looked at eachother and then back to Matok who continued. "The plan is all about strenght. We had originally planned to defend the capital then wait the rest of the war out well our navy boys do the rest of the fighting. That plan has changed. We go out in on the call of General Mole. It will mean he is already in the city and the battlegroup has merged with General Fury." The crew smiled abit although Matok couldnt tell with their combat helmets covering their faces. A light was blinking on Matoks control console. He pressed the button and a holographics image of Mole appeared. "General Matok. Recon Special Forces have made the run. We are ready for Task Force Rampage." Matok smiled and saluted his partner. "Very well General. We launch now." and with that the hologram vanished. Matok sat down in his chair. The crew set the UH1 into motion. He had five UH1s at his disposal, each walking carefully to avoid trampling on the smaller ATATs and ATSTs below. His force was ready. The United Imperial forces would prevail and the Empire's history would start again.

-----------------------
General Rafran Matok,
'Rampage' Task Force Commander of the Shadow Army,
[ Force Elite Soldiers ]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
February 20, 2002 5:41:05 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon and Fish had a relatively smooth ride back home, VE and FES forces seemed to be in nearly complete control of the area, a new charge having shattered the remaining Rebel forces. As they landed back at the base, the deck officer ran up to them. "Sir,"he said saluting, obviously miffed that his transport had been stolen,"message for you, from LC Fury." "Thank you sergeant,"said Argon, returning the salute and taking the message. "Well?"said Fish after Argon had read through it,"what does it say?" "Fury wants us to take out the last known Rebel command center,"said Argon, adding,"no, I don't think you're up to it." "All right,"said Fish,"I'll head to the medbay and join you later." "Got it,"said Argon,"hope you get there soon." With that, they headed their seperate ways...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
February 21, 2002 12:20:34 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Excuse me if this post doesnt make sense. I'm trying to get back to things. --- Raxen hooked up a grappling belt that he had grabbed from some unfortunate enemy trooper somewhere beforehand. Glancing around for a secure place to fire the hook mechanism inside, he spotted a decent and hopefully strong pillar a couple of storeys above. Taking a careful aim, he fired his gun and watched with great satisfaction as the rope tightly dug themselves into the stone. Activating the gun, he drew himself up to around 5 storeys above the ground to drop silently onto the floor. Picking himself up, he radioed to DW that he had successfully entered the enemy outpost. 'Good. I'll send PM after you. Hold on there.' Raxen slipped his comlink back into his pocket and hid behind a pillar, keeping guard while waiting for PM to join him. Soon afterwards, he heard a soft thud on the floor and turned around to find PM grinning at him with a gun ready at hand. 'You need to keep up that security of yours more tightly.If I was the enemy, you would have been goner.' Raxen whacked the butt of PM's gun away. 'Yeah I know. Now let's go and disable the gates!' They moved down the corridor ...

-----------------------
OC Jay 'Darc' Fallen [Army: Raxen]
Aegis 3-1, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member
TO:A/FL/OC Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]

Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 21, 2002 3:44:32 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish stood up and shook himself off, loosening up muscle that had grown lax after a few hours in a bacta tank. Looking around for his armour, he saw it lying on a bed nearby. He padded over and pulled it back on. A private walked into the tent and approached him. Stopped at about arm's length and saluted. "Don't salute me, private," growled Stonefish, "I work for a living." "I was told to give you this, sir." "That's Sergeant Major, private." "Yes sir, uh, Sergeant Major." The private handed over a datacard which Stonefish accepted. "Thank you, private." The private started to salute again, but a look from Stonefish kept his arm down, the private turned and left. Stonefish scanned the room for a datapad, which he found on one of the control panels for the bacta tanks. He picked it up and inserted the card he had been given. He racked his brain for the decryption key he'd been given for this operation, and his memory complied and coughed up the sequence of ten digits. ---Orders--- Hope you're feeling better, Fish, because we have another assignment for you. The rest of your squad is off eliminating the rebel command centre, what I want you to do is go and locate the airbase the rebels are using and scout it out. Take it out if you think you can manage it, but the Dread Knights will be relying on you for location and intel once they're done. A speeder bike has been provided for your use in this. Fury. ---End Orders--- Stonefish pulled the datacard out and pushed the small button which mashed up the insides so no one could read it again. SOP for encrypted orders. He then dropped the card in the recycling unit, and headed out to retrieve his some equipment from the barracks tent where it had been stored.   ----------------------- Ramon Stonefish -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z- -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited February 21, 2002 3:46:21 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
February 21, 2002 4:09:32 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
OOC:LOL, thanks kip and dragoon, If i could get you both promotions for the humour i would     Raziel was not so amused when a very drunken kip and dragoon stumbled into Range. Epic on watch almost shot them down.     "Lads, i've been listening to some of the comms. After this i swear i'll buy you the best ladies this side of the galaxy, but for just the day after tomorrow i need you sober "     Raziel went back to planning the ambush on the convoy.

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
February 21, 2002 9:32:52 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC:  Dragoon doesn't consume alcohol...just Mountain Dew

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (L) Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Dark Jedi Knight
Head Master's assistant in the VEDJ Academy
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 21, 2002 10:01:37 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: If he's still drunk, does it matter?] OOC: I'll think up a good post tomorrow, I'm not into it today...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
February 22, 2002 5:38:28 PM    View the profile of D-13 
    Meanwhile, D-13 and Grizzly were camped out near their outpost, waiting for further orders. Suddenly the radio flared to life. "We've been seen! Help!"     Immediately, the two started up the AT-PT's and ran full speed to help. Meanwhile, Otto and Snake were holding out just fine. "Hang on! We're coming!"     The others regrouped and charged full throttle towards the rebels. A blaster shot barely missed D-13's windshield. The Raiders and Dark Dragoons opened fire simulatenously. When it was over, the outpost was a shambles. Corpses lined the ground, smoldering buildings filled the field. "Ok fellas, good job, now let's go mop up their pathetic lines." said Snake.     The group reached the front line and got a welcoming surprise from the rebellious fools. Blaster bolts filled the air alongside the screams of the slaughtered men. D-13 rode his vehicle forward and crushed quite a few of them. Nomar fired straight into the line and scattered the rebels, leaving them as bait for the others. The Dark Dragoons rode forward and drove the remaining enemies off. Everyone cheered. "Command, this is Sergeant Snake, mission accomplished. Awaiting further orders. Snake out."
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited February 22, 2002 11:25:05 PM)]
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
February 23, 2002 12:00:08 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Raxen and PM sneaked down the corridors, seemingly melting into the pillars when an enemy passed by. After a while, Raxen grabbed PM aside and whispered, 'This isnt going anywhere. We need new clothes.' PM nodded. 'Just knock out one. Hmmm ... maybe a technician and a troopie suit. These two are the best. No unwanted attention.' They stood beside the corridors for quite some time. It was either too many people or just the wrong type. Raxen was about to give up when PM hissed at him and pointed a finger down the corridor. It was a technician, whistling. 'Prolly having his time off.' PM whispered to Raxen, who grinned. 'He might be having time off for quite some time.' Raxen replied and PM smothered his own mouth to prevent himself from being heard. Once the technician was near enough, PM and Raxen leapt out and with one almightly whack, Raxen knocked out the poor guy and dragged him into one of the misc. rooms and started stripping him. PM bent down, amused as Raxen struggled with the uniform. Raxen whacked PM lightly. 'Dunt just sit there and be pretty. Get this darn guy outta his clothes.' 'This is like turning into a rape scene.' PM snickered. 'I'm not interested.' 'You better not. Or I'll reconsider my partnership with ya.' 'Oh fine. Just get on with this.' After much work, Raxen managed to put on the uniform over his stormtrooper armour. 'There. How'd I look?' 'Ridiculous.' 'Gah. Nevermind. It just have to do. So I'll just crash some equpiment, pretend to be in trouble and get a trooper here to help me and we bash him out too?' 'Yeah, and be quick. I'm starting to get pretty restless.' 'Be right back.'
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 23, 2002 9:27:06 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The speeder bike was parked in a copse of trees on a low hill overlooking a plain of grass, marked with the occasional lone tree, often twisted and stunted. Stonefish stood just inside the treeline scanning the cluster of buildings below him. Two days of tracking a pair of modified Headhunters, dodging patrols and hiding lead Stonefish to the airbase. A pair of prefab hangars, and a steelcrete strip. The control tower was a large tent off to the other side of the strip. He couldn't see any fuel depots or anything from here, maybe they were inside the hangars. Stonefish zoomed the macrobinoculars in to see what the manpower situation was. He could see a few guards strolling around, and a couple of pilots walking out of the hangar to another tent, inside which Stonefish could see some bunks. A barracks tent then. The passive scanner on the speeder bike bleeped and Stonefish hurried back over. Another patrol was headed his way, he powered down the engines and switched the bike off entirely, ducking down into some bushes as the patrol rolled past. A speeder with an E-Web mounted on it passed the copse without looking in. Obviously not expecting any kind of trouble this far behind their lines. Stonefish let out the breath he had been holding as they moved off into the distance. It had been like that over and over. Just missing him. He pulled out the binocs again and scanned the plain. He could see off to his left that the land rose again and became slightly hilly, with more tree cover. He powered up the bike and headed over that way to look from a different angle.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
February 23, 2002 11:47:40 AM    View the profile of Shadow 
  Snake looked down at his comm and smacked it with his fist a couple of times, hoping maybe it would all of a sudden tell him that Shadow and Nomar were all right and heading back to base. But of course, hitting it only resulted in his breaking the screen and having plexiglass go all over the place, just like last time.   "You break another one of those things, sir?" Jedi asked, walking over.   Snake shook his head. "I'm beyond being worried about those two now. If they haven't reported in by now . . ."   "Don't say it, sir," Otto cut him off. Senior Sergeant Vox strolled over from where he had been talking to Grizzly and D-13. "Shadow wouldn't go down that easily. Maybe that AT-ST just has a bad comm or something."   "I still don't like it," Snake answered. "Maybe we should send out another patrol after them."   "But what if they DID meet up with trouble? We could be sending more troopers to their death," Jedi counseled.   "Fine. What do you two think we should do?" Snake asked.   There was a moment of silence as the two sergeants thought it over. They whispered ideas back and forth to one another through the Force, but neither could really agree on what course of action to advise Snake to take. Finally, Otto broke the link and voiced a new thought that had suddenly jumped into his head.   "Why don't we ask the Navy to fly down over the position and take a looksee? It's not like they're busy right now or anything."   Snake looked up into the night sky for the first time in a long time. Flashes of laserfire and explosions lit up the dark sky more than the stars did. Otto was exagerrating heavily - the Navy had been deadlocked in a huge struggle for control of the space above Lotaith for nearly two weeks now. Everytime the VEN seemed to gain the upper hand, the enemy surged back with a counterstrike. It was almost the same scenario that had been playing out down here on the ground.   "I'm not really sure they could spare anyone to do that," Snake replied.   "Well, maybe Argon could spare a TIE Droid or two to check out the area."   "Maybe. I'm gonna radio Captain Cosmic and see what he thinks."   "And what if he says to just leave them out there to their own luck?" Jedi questioned.   "Then let's hope Shadow's luck holds out," Otto answered. Snake nodded in agreement and headed over to find a new comm unit.   Meanwhile, dozens of kilometers away, deep inside enemy territory, Shadow was feeling that his luck had pretty much run out. The past couple of days had a virtual hell on Lotaith and things weren't getting any easier.   To begin with, the comm unit on the AT-ST that he and Nomar had taken out on patrol shorted out before they had gotten halfway to their position. And, or course, they had unwisely decided not to turn back and to go ahead and try to complete their mission.   Well, that's when things really started getting bad. Just as they were about to get to the end of their assigned patrol, they had been ambushed a large scouting group of the enemy. Their AT-ST was no match for four enemy strike mechs, but they had done the best they could. Shadow had taken the main guns while Nomar manned the  concussion grenade launcher. They took out two of the enemy mechs but by then their armor was beginning to take serious damage. Shadow yelled at Nomar to try to get out of the walker while he provided some cover fire. Of course, Nomar hadn't been very big into that idea. He said he'd rather die fighting than running.   So, Shadow quickly thought up a new plan. He handed the controls of the walker to Nomar and ran back to the storage hold of the walker. He returned holding his rocket launcher and two heavy assault rifles. He was sure he had spouted off some kind of comment that made him look brave and crazy at the same time, and it had worked. Nomar took the rocket launcher and made his way for the exit chute. Shadow slammed the controls of the walker into full throttle and pointed the mech straigh toward one of the enemies. With that he had hurried to join Nomar at the top of the walker.   They simultaenously jumped off of the top of the AT-ST, hurtling to the ground below. Somehow, they managed to touch the ground without being picked off by enemy fire. About that time their walker crashed right into the enemy mech, resulting in nice little explosion. The impact of the two machines provided enough of a distraction that Nomar was able to fire off two rockets at the last mech. They didn't finish off the last enemy, but it worked well enough.   A fire began to burn in the cockpit of the enemy mech, and the four soldiers inside scrambled to climb out before they were burned to death. Shadow had done a nice job of picking them off with the assault rifles and the two VE troopers felt that the last of it was over. They almost thought about trying to put the fire out in the enemy mech and using it to return to base, but the thing exploded before they could make up their minds about. So that left the two of them stranded right outside enemy position with nothing but two heavy rifles, a rocket launcher, and whatever small arms and grenades they had strapped to them.   They spent the remainder of that night working their way back to base, but the going had not been easy. Enemy patrols were swarming all over the place by that time, looking for survivors from the battle and for the Imperials who had killed their comrades. Shadow had to use all of his instincts and skill to keep the two men from being captured countless times. And when the sun came up, their chances of escape back to safety dimmed even more.   Somehow, in their attempt to escape the last enemy scout patrol, they had gotten turned around without realizing it. Only with the sunrise in the East did they realize they were heading right back into enemy territory. They had quickly turned back around and begun the long journey back to VEA camp. However, by now, the enemy was using more than just mechs in the hunt for them. When they stopped to split some rations, two Z-95 Headhunters flew overhead just above where they were hidden in a small cave. Shadow knew at that moment that the two of them would never make it back to VEA camp alive. 

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
February 23, 2002 1:07:47 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Otto and Jedi walked along a small path near the encampment that the Dominion squads had set up, after their victory over the Rebels at the main lines. They didn't enjoy the idea of leaving Shadow and Nomar out in possible enemy territory. They spoke with out words, through the Force.     "If only he had become a Jedi," thought Otto "if only he had done that, we might be able to contact him throught it."   "Yes, that would be a nice thing for he to have done," thought Jedi "but unfortunatly he didn't, we must think of a way to find he and Nomar."       "Would it be horrible if you and I used one or two of the speeders that we commondeered from the Rebel troops?" asked Otto   "Well, like I had said before, what if they did meet up with trouble? That would not come out good for us." relayed Jedi through the Force.       "True, but we are Jedi, we are able to sence what happens when, we may use that to our advantage."   "WE may be Jedi, but, you are a mear Acolyte, you have not had the experience in the Force that I have. You may not be able to handle it all."         "Yes, but I have trained hard, I have come to be able to know what the Force is telling me, I know what to do." argued Otto     "Hmm, we just may have to test your abilities," spoke Jedi, the first words to come out of either of their mouths "get down, I sence something." Just then Otto realized that they had been walking for a nice while, half an hour or so, going in one set direction, which had led them away from the VE troops, and possibly into enemy territory. He ducked down as he saw two or three Rebel troopers, obviously on patrol. He and Jedi swaped ideas of what to do metally, and Otto pulled his EXP-7a Hunting Rifle off his back, and readied his Sat'skar sword from it's shieth. Jedi ignited his lightsaber. Otto loved the snap hiss of the ignition of a lightaber, and longed for his own. But now, he would have to just go with the melee weapons that he loved using. Otto lifted the hunting rifle, aimed at the lead trooper and fired, Otto fired so accuratly that the troopers head blew off. The other two troopers spun around and lifted their blasters. Jedi lept from his position and sped towards the two, parrying three or four blaster bolts. Then froced jump fliped over one and sliced the mussle from the blaster, the trooper was stunned from fright. Jedi sliced the man in half. He bent down and signaled to Otto to take the other trooper, Otto lept up and ran at the trooper, dodging about two bolts, he force jumped over the trooper, and kicked the blaster from his hands. Otto un shiethed his sword and thrusted it into the mans gut. The swivle of the sword was very effective in assuring a crooked wound, so that it would not heal. Otto didn't care for that at the moment, he was looking for an at the moment kill. He shiethed his sword and drew his Ryyk Kerarthorr blades. He force pulled the man up onto his knees and swung the blades in the at eachother, meeting them at the center of the mans neck. His head fell off in a clean cut. Blood spirted up to the air as his body lumped on the ground.   Otto and Jedi ran back to the VE encampment, hoping for any word from Shadow and Nomar. There was none.   ----------------------- Otto Vox Army:Senior Sergeant Dark Jedi Order: Acolyte Platoon 1 Sqaud 3: Raiders TRP/INI/SSGT Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEDJ/VE(LM) "War is war, you can only come out alive if you're good."
[This message has been edited by Otto Vox (edited February 23, 2002 1:09:25 PM)]
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
February 24, 2002 1:23:42 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
Shadow waited until the Headhunters were well off into the distance until he crawled out from where he and Nomar were hidden. He held a pair of electrobinoculars up to eyes and scanned around them in every direction; there was no sign of rebel activity. That was a good sign . . . maybe they could gain a few kilos back toward the base before they'd have to stop again to hide.   Shadow realized that they would never make it back now if there were enemy fighters looking for them. Even with all of his skill and experience, he couldn't keep the two of them hidden all the way back to camp. Maybe if he were by himself, but not with the kid with him, too. Sighing, he put the binoculars away and walked back over to the entrance.   "You ready?" he called to Nomar.   "Yeah, let me get my rifle," came the reply from inside. A minute or so later Nomar crawled out of the cave with one of the heavy assault blasters slung around his shoulder; he also had his E-11 Stormtrooper rifle. Shadow was decked out in similar fashion except that he also carried their rocket launcher and a small sword hung down from his waist on either side.     "I don't see anyone near us on the macrobinoculars," Shadow explained. "Let's try to put some more distance between us and the enemy." Nomar nodded and they began a brisk jog in the opposite direction from where those Z-95s had come. Shadow only hoped that they didn't get turned around again - he still cursed himself for that mistake. If not for that error, they might have been safe for now.     About an hour later Shadow stopped their march to take a look around. They had been too far too long without seeing any sign of the enemy. Nomar had said he thought that maybe the rebels had given up on finding them, but Shadow doubted that. Something was up . . . the rebels might have set up a trap in front of them. Though it would have been nice if they had just given up.     As he gazed up ahead, his fears came true. Up ahead, about two klicks away, was a large group of rebels.  They had a couple of strike mechs and several troopers spread out all over the road waiting for the two Vast Empire soldiers to wander down that way. As Shadow turned around to check behind them, his spirits dropped even farther. Coming up quickly from behind were four airspeeders and two Headhunters. They obviously planned to drive the two troopers right into the trap.   Well, Shadow wasn't about to have any of that. He looked over at Nomar and almost felt sorry for his partner. The other soldier obviously had no idea what was going on, and Shadow doubted the man was having any luck in reading his emotions, since he never expressed how he was feeling. Almost never, anyhow.   "What's up, Sarge?" Nomar questioned.   "Trouble. Big trouble." Nomar raised his eyebrows in a question. "We're surrounded behind and ahead. Ground troops are waiting in front of us and air support is coming up from the rear."   "What're we gonna do?" Nomar asked, his voice shaking slightly. Shadow turned his head and eyed the younger man. He hadn't realized it until right then how scared Nomar probably was. They weren't in a very good situation and Shadow knew he probably wasn't the most comforting presence to have around. Looking at Nomar at that moment, it him that he had been pushing the soldier too far, too fast. Nomar's eyes were drooping with lack of sleep and he looked like he was about to drop over and start snoring.   "I don't know," Shadow answered, shaking his head. Until that moment he had been hoping that the rest of the Raiders or one of the other squads might show up to save them. But obviously their comrades had run into trouble of their own. If they were going to get out of this, it was up to Shadow now. "We could try going east over the hills and sneak around them, but I'm afraid their air patrols would find us before we made it past."   "Why don't we just find a place to hide and wait for the guys to find us," Nomar suggested.   Shadow looked at his partner with a blank stare. Was the private really that ignorant? No, Shadow realized, he was just scared for his life and throwing out things that made no sense. "I don't think that's an option," Shadow replied.   "Yeah, I guess not."   "You're not up for trying to fight our way past, are you?" Shadow asked suddenly. He was surprised - he hadn't even realized that thought had crossed into his mind.   Nomar looked at the sergeant as if he were crazy, but then a smile slowly crept across his face. "Maybe that would be the best thing to do, sir."   Shadow thought about it for a moment. They did have quite a bit of firepower with them . . . and if they could get in a surprise attack on their ambushers, it might throw them off enough for the two soldiers to sneak in and still a mech or some speeders or something and make a break for their camp.   "All right, I guess if we're gonna die, we should do it fighting. We're gonna have to hurry if wanna make a strike before those airspeeders get here. Here's the plan . . ." 

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 24, 2002 2:10:02 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
With the light amplification filter dialed up, the airfield was clearly visible, even as it was in the dead of night. The lights spilling out from the hangars and tents and along the runway made white spots in the green colouration of the image that Stonefish was seeing. Most of the troopers had landed, and bunked down in the barracks tent, though a couple of Headhunters had lifted off about an hour ago, heading to who knows where. Stonefish had found what he was looking for, and was examining the guards' movements around the fuel depot. The ground appeared to be sloped well enough for this, and the rebels had laid enough steelcrete that it wasn't just going to hit the grass. As the light went out in the control tower, and the runway lights were shut off, Stonefish knew that those Headhunters were out for the night now, possibly heading into orbit to join the fray. He pulled open the storage boxes on his speeder bike and looked for some of the specials he'd brought with him. The liteamp for his helmet, three mini-lift magnetic repulsorlift units, and some silenced pistols. With those on his belt, he ducked low and headed off over the grassy plains. The guards never even saw the black-clad shape creep up behind them and slash their throats, and a hand over their mouths silenced the low gargle of them drowning on their own blood. Stonefish propped them up in a small circle around a portable heater, and left them there. He unclipped the mini-lift units from his belt and headed to investigate the hangars. The first contained a couple of V-Wings and the bomber variants, and a pair of crewmen working late to fix some damage. One of them looked up as Stonefish walked in, and then went back to his work. He died, shot in the head. The other tried to shout something, but failed as he took a bullet in the throat. Stonefish stopped dead - the silenced pistols had sounded loud in the silence of the night, but all he could hear was the dying gargle of the second engineer. The other hangar contained a small munitions dump, and a couple more fighters, no people this time. About twenty minutes later, the drums of fuel were in place, and leaking aviation fuel everywhere inside the tents, and hangars, along with the streams coming out of all the aircraft in there. Stonefish shivered in the cold and grinned to himself, remembering a line from a holomovie he once saw. He pulled off his helmet, and took a cigar from his belt. He struck a match, lit the cigar and paused. "Is it cold out here," he said around the butt of the cigar, "or is it just me?" Stonefish flicked the match down into the trail of fuel at his feet. A line of fire headed down the slight slope to the leaking barrels and they went up with a massive explosion. A lake of fire formed, spilling across the steelcrete laid out, and into the hangars. More explosions as the drums in the hangars went up, and the aircraft and munitions therein. By this time, shouts were coming from the barracks tent as the sleeping pilots and ground crew were awoken. They started to run outside, and were met by the wall of fire heading downslope and into their tent. The shouts turned to screams as they tried to cut a way out of the back of the tent. A few figures, burning, stumbled out of the tent only to fall to the floor within feet. The steelcrete began to crack and warp under the intense heat, and the runway buckled. The control tent was up by now. Stonefish didn't watch any more, as he threw the remains of the cigar to the ground and ran for his bike. He knew that someone must have noticed the fireworks by now and be coming to investigate. He powered up the engine and shot off into the night.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
February 24, 2002 5:25:23 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic headed towards the speederbike he used to get to the FES.  An officer was standing near it, talking to another officer who held a map in his hands. Cosmic nodded and stopped. "I'm going to use this bike to get back to the VE base." Said Cosmic. The two officers nodded. "The hovertanks will do us good, sir.  Looks like we'll be able to take out a couple more squads with this extra firepower." Cosmic nodded and headed towards the speederbike. He hopped on and started up the engine. He then turned towards the VE base and speed off. --------------------------------------- Above the Underground VE Command Center --------------------------------------- Cosmic speed to the security posts of the Vast Empire base. He stopped the speeder and was saluted by two Sergeants who then took the speeder away. Cosmic walked towards the bunker leading downwards to the Underground VE Base. Cosmic showed his ID to the four guards blocking the door, and then walked in. Cosmic walked down some steps and into some corridors, where he eventually walked into the Main Ops Center.  Cosmic took a deep breath and looked around. The base was filled with people giving instructions, scanning, and more.  Cosmic walked to the Communications Officer and told him to inform Fury for more instructions.

-----------------------
CoT/CPT Cosmic/HCA-3/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][GS][SoS][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1]
-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 24, 2002 8:49:13 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon, Maul, Myrrdin, Scout, and Brakiss snuck into the base nearly undetected, killing four guards, with the newbies taking their uniforms and Viper blending into the background. They cleared security easily, M, M, S, and B having had enough time to learn from Fish and Viper back at the base. They headed first to the armories, and Viper took the time to plant a few explosive devices. As Maul and Myrrdin headed to the command center that they were schedualed to "guard", Scout and Brakiss headed off to the barracks. Argon, in the meantime, set up a retriever on the comm antenna, and began listening to their info...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
February 25, 2002 9:23:52 AM    View the profile of Fury 
OOC:  Am seeing a lot more activity on the summary posts than on the story itself.  Looks like a good a time as any to start wrapping things up. Back on the VE side of the lines, Fury pulled out his datapad and went to the command map in his ad hoc HQ shed.  Intel weenies would occasionally run in and post notes on the big wall screen.  Eventually these notes would be double checked to see if they weren't the imaginings of Psych Ops people and would make it onto the data stream his 'pad picked up info from. That took time he didn't have. Scanning the notes and the new forward positions of both the enemy and VE/FES forces, he came to a few conclusions. 1. The enemy was concentrating more and more on hitting supply convoys than on defeating their opponents in battle. This meant they were hungry and low on weapons.  2. Air superiority was a thing of the past.  In fact, neither side had any air elements left to speak of...not enough to get past any air defense units anyway.  Strangely enough, this left highly concentrated fighter groups holing up in the hangars waiting for missions - one of the enemy's had apparently been neutralized a day or so ago. 3. Enemy forces were beginning to leave the capital city - low on arms and food and apparently tired of being sniped to pieces by the population.  This left the south and southwest parts of the city open for reclamation. Fury ordered in teams of mine-sweepers and sapper units to look for any booby traps the enemy might have left.  He was tempted to just level everything and build fresh, but that wasn't his call.  As for the troops and militia in the city, they could either chase after the retreating enemy or work along their flanks picking at the stragglers.  Each had a danger of either being encircled or walking into an ambush; then again, the whole war had been pretty risky thus far. On top of that, he ordered more security for convoys...including "dummy" convoys full of troop carriers with some shock troops inside.  If they were truly hungry, this might bring some of the enemy to surrender.  Either that or he would likely see the enemy grazing next to the nerfs soon. As for the other teams, they were making forward progress and would hopefully gain some good ground soon.  He himself had the resources of an FES task force available to him and an enemy almost devoid of an ability to attack his defenses.  Perhaps it was time to go out and play again.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 25, 2002 6:04:10 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Suddenly, things began to happen very quickly. At their guard post, Maul and Myrrdin were found out by a couple of soldiers who knew the guys they had killed. They put a few blaster bolts into them, but other soldiers had seen and went out to sound the alarm. Scout and Brakiss, in the barracks, heard the comotion and headed where they were told. Even as Scout looked out and recognized Maul behind a pile of rubble, Argon pressed the detonation switches, blowing up the main armory of the base. The explosion rocked the base, taking attention of the DK soldiers, allowing them to surge forward. Suddenly, at another point in the line, Argon dove in, his Rykk blades flashing. Seven men died in the first sweep, and another ten were dead before their fire forced Argon to take cover. The other DKs managed to cover Argon long enough for him to get out, and they managed to escape from the base. "What do we do now,"asked Brakiss once they were clear. "Well,"said Argon,"they were making some transmissions to mobile missle batteries, let's see if we cand find and use some of those.  There should be one about three klicks south of here."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
February 25, 2002 6:25:28 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    OOC: ok i'm gonna start wrapping some things up for us.     Raziel was more than satisfied with the progress his squad had made in the last month. In total they had taken out 3 convoys every week and the Rebels had been forced to send supplies through alternate routes and re-issue valuable soldiers to guard duty. Unfortunately it had come too late, in the last week under furious VE assaut the northern lines were finally crumbling, the elite VE soldiers had simply outmatched the rebels.     Low on ammunition and supploes and getting low on food the Rebels had began a full retreat not wanting to be caught unprepared.     Raziel had been very worried, the squad had spent a day trying to find a way back to friendly troops, but the rebel retreat had been fairly organised so far. When they had started to run low on water he had really begun to panick. Then by accident they had met a rebel convoy of fleeing troops and supplies. It was night time and the fight hadn't lasted long, suddenly Wriaths had full supplies and had a reason to stay behind the retreating rebels.     Agent had decided that it would be a good idea to make the Rebel retreat a painful one. If they could hamper their retreat by carrying on annihalating supplies and disrupting their plans for retreat, and with the other VE forces snapping on their heals the surrender of the whole of the northern rebel forces could happen within a month. OOC: yeah please lets wipe out this force and get marching to the capital sorry if i am in any way wrong about things i've been away     Raziel looked down at the base they would rush in a few minutes. The defences were beginning to be prepared now and in a day they would be fully ready to house the retreating rebel troops for a temporary defense. If wraiths could hit it now and stop the construction the fleeing rebels would be out in the open and vulnerable at least for another week.     Most of his squad were spread out arround the base now, using night vision goggles and long range weapons they should be able to wake up most people in the base and serously confuse them. When Agent signalled they would jump aboad the Arrows and charge the base. Hopefully being softened up enough they would be able to cause enought damage to stop the rebels from completeting the 2 mile long defences. Some had also prepared another high yield explosive for Raziel to drop on them.     When Raziel finally lifted the comm unit the Engineers were out in force digging and constructing the walls and trenches. Through careful inspection they had checked that the turrets were still unpowered.     "Ok everyone, target those engineers and fire on my mark. If you see anyone holding papers hit them. I don't want these defences going up. When we go down i want you to hit as much equipment as possible. ready, ok? fire."     There was the sound of a bullet splitting the air, followed by a scream down at the base. There was another one, and then it was just a constant noise. Raziel watched as the bases meagre defences were raised. Mainly green troops that had recently been brought down ordered to guard the relatively safe construction site.     Raziel grinned as he saw the defenders go crazy trying to work out where the attack was coming from, the darkness as usual kept the wraiths safe. Soon after their leaders were mostly dead they retreated. At the same time Raziel made his way silently down to the base, his role already pre-determined.     Minutes later Agent gave the order to mount up, the wraiths loaded onboard the arrows shuttles and prepared. The next thing that the rebels knew was that they had incoming troop transports.     At the same time as the wraiths were speading down the pre-base lines Raziel was slipping towards the centre of activity. He had watched countless engineers come here for orders and knew exactly what he had to do to stop constuction. The building had two stern looking guards at the door, no-one heard them die.     The next thing that the occupants of the building knew was that they were having a power failure. The head of construction had been packing up eht building plans and preparing to retreat from the site. Fortunately for Raziel all of them men who had anything to do with deciding what went on at the base were in the building.     He went through the entire building, knives in hand and going from room to room without making a sound slit the throats of all 15 military personnel in the area. There hadnt been a single guard and few of them had even known Raziel was there untill it was too late.     "Agent this is Raz, i've finished with the constuction team. i could do with picking up."     "Agent here, sorry to hear you're so bored. We're enjoying ourselves loads, the troops that were here are running like anything. The turrets and walls have been flattened as requested and we've got the explosives ready."     When Raziel got outside he realised what he had meant. 8 men had completely devasted one segment of the new rebel lines. Fire were burning everywhere and the troops were in full retreat, Raziel laughed as one arrows gunned down a whole squad of fleeing recruits.     Agent pulled up one Arrows and Raziel hopped up.     "how you doing on ammo?" he asked     "not too good sir," Arkanian replied. " i think these rebels should stop speading out, it would make it much easier" he smiled.     "Ok time to go i think, a whole platoon has probably been dispatched to take care of us so we should make ourselves scarce."     His men looked decidedly upset, but they get themselves together and started heading off. The arrows top speeds meant that the squad could be well away from the area long before anyone could arrive to stop them.     As final insult to injury the explosives went off in the huge shed that had house all the machinery and mechs for building etc. The explosion covered an area with about a half mile radius and Raziel had to admit he was impressed.     When the rebel help arrived 30mins later they found the rebels base in contruction to be nothing more than a wreck. Most of the men that had been there were still allive, but the trained engineers and a huge amount of equipment were all gone. The rebel army would be arriving in 2 days, with no-where to rally. OOC: ok so we should get things wrapped up soon. If all the squad want to get together for a pitched battle of some sort to finish off the north easter rebels i'm in

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 25, 2002 8:47:31 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
They covered the three klicks in less than an hour, and had the mobile missle launcher in view within another. "Okay troops,"said Argon,"let's see if you guys have learned enough.  Any ideas on how to take it?" [OOC: I think two of my people are about to post, I'm gonna give them the chance to do so...  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:33:14 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 101  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >