Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
May 27, 2004 9:37:22 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
The crack of Kuroishi's rifle was a barely audible snap in Argon's ears, and he spun quickly toward the sound in time to catch the barely visible muzzle flash.

Spinning to where he heard a thud, Argon noticed a dead body on the ground.

Making a mental note to thank Kuroishi later, Argon leapt quickly onto the ground, collected the body, and went back up on the roof.

Looking back at the ground, he hoped no one would notice the blood splatter that decorated the floor where the man had fallen.

On the plus side, the man made an excellent thing to attach the bomb to, he'd been wondering how he was going to place it perfectly.

With that done, Argon took a mental count of command vehicles.

Four already planted, eight more to go.

Time to keep on moving...

[OOC: I hope Fish posts soon, this is gonna get old fast if it's just you and me replying to each other...  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
May 27, 2004 11:08:25 PM    View the profile of Fury 
"How many divisions does Mon Mothma have?"

"Excuse me Colonel?" asked the startled intelligence officer as he looked up from his notes.

"Never mind. It was a rhetorical comment if anything.  Give me the report."

"Aurek Company have removed itself to Besh Company's secure defenses.  The pre-deployed positions are in enemy hands.  Dorn Company's tanks have been outflanked and are on their way to the base.  Basically we are in a predicament.  We can hold out for some time but the 112th is having trouble introducing a proper flank attack to support us."

"Go on."

"We have an artillery company with us and some more anti-aircraft units.  They are helping out, but the tide has turned.  We now face a solid division of troops and who knows how many irregulars."

"How is the wind?"

"Light, 5-10 kph with...."

"Think man.  Which way does it blow?"

The officer finally grasped the point.  "Away from our forces and any major population centers. Not to question you sir, but is this the course of action you wish to take?"

Timms sighed.  "Of course not.  However, I did not land on this rock to take part in a suicide mission.  Besides, I am not intending to make genocide a part of Imperial tactics again.  'When faced with superior force of arms, all options are tactical considerations.' They still left that in the handbook and I'm about to use it.

"Advise the artillery chief of your best guess of targets.  I want maximum damage to command and control and of any ground troops.  The vehicles will either take an EMP hit or keep moving so they are not priority targets. Inform the General and other groundside units.  Three to five salvos in the 5-10 kiloton range please. The less the better.  Once done, concentrate fire on the perimeters with conventional weapons. Dismissed."

The officer left with much haste, leaving Timms to wonder why he was dipping into the old big of tricks so early in the campaign.
  -----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited May 27, 2004 11:14:26 PM)]
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
May 28, 2004 3:32:54 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
TK stood quitely as he released the body of the rebel scout from his grip. He stood there and watched the corpse, it was the first time that he has ever broken someone's neck, let alone doing it with stealth. He quickly picked the scout's E-11/C, after a quick burst of thought he finally thought to himself.

"Wait a minute...what the hell? Republicans aren't armed with E-11s let alone E-11/C...There's something going on in here, well I'm not goin to stick around to be surrounded by these things..."

As TK reloaded the weapon he heard a woman's scream, though he did not recognise it at first sound, he realised that it was Kami's voice the second time he heard it. Realising that he would be at an extreme dis-advantage without his armour in, he decided to use stealth to an advantage. He quickly picked up the rebel scout's camouflage poncho and helm and quickly wore them over his body glove and white imperial boots and greaves.

[OOC: The thing i'm talking about is those shirts that Luke, Han and etc. wore when they were in RotJ (Endor)]

--------------------------------------

TK cautiously watched as Kami as she stood in between two rebel scouts, he could also see that one rebel scout is already on lying on the ground holding his groin. Kami threw a punch but was effectively blocked by the scout, Kami was at a disadvantage, she was already tired and dehydrating. With a war cry TK swiftly jumped out of his hiding place and open fired at one of the scouts killing him instantly, the other scout tried to attack him but this attempt was easily stopped by TK pointing the rifle towards the Republican's head.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112" "Tweak" Bowman
Trooper - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
May 28, 2004 8:13:05 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
The broadcast warning came through on an imperial frequency, using the proper encryption, and the proper identification codes.  No doubt about it the regulars were about to open a new dimension of fighting.

Kuroishi let out a mental string of insults as he realised that he and Wraith were at ground zero of what was about to make for an interesting display.

He didn't mind the nuclear artillary, but why now?

Not much time left before either they needed to pull back a few kilometers to avoid the barage, or pull out to avoid the patrols anyway.

He needed to alert Argon to the new development somehow.  Using the comm was still undesirable.

At least he was making faster work on planting explosives since he was nearly discovered.

Kuroishi wasn't sure if this would be neccessary soon with receant developments but Argon was down to the last command vehical.

Watching through his scope, Kuroishi knew it was almost time to create havoc.

Placing the last explosive and sneaking out, watching Argon was agonizing work.

Once he was clear of the immediate area it was time to start raining death.

Aquiring his priority targets Kuroishi began eliminating squad leaders, lt's, captains, any officer that was foolish enough to stick thier head out where he could shoot it.

In the havoc of rapid, accurate sniper fire eliminating officers it was time for Argon to send the signal to detonate the explosives.

Reloading Kuroishi made the field even more inhospitable.

"Time to go.  Make way back to Hotel Edmont."  Kuroishi commed.

The squad moved and delivered fire as they gathered toward the gulley.

"Allright we've done our part.  The gauntlet will be effective against the forces already down the funnel.  We just need to get out of here alive and grab a bit of rest and resupply.  That's why we're going back to the hotel Edmont."  Kuroishi briefed the squad.

The gulley proved effective cover on the way in but Wraith had rattled a hornet's nest.  A rather decapitated hornet's nest though.

Kuroishi took point as he marched his squad slowly.

Ducking patrols was now the order of the day.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
May 28, 2004 8:18:28 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish lay prone on the second floor of a ruined office building a hundred yards east of the starport complex. The city ahead was nothing but rubble up to the outskirts for a ninety degree field of fire. Kuroishi was in that mess somewhere, having taken the advanced position, but the other Wraith sniper was nowhere to be seen.

"Bearing zero-niner," said Mandor, "just passing behind that bus shelter."

Stonefish swung the sniper scope around and marked the three guards running across the open ground. Mandor had not marked any change in the wind, so Stonefish adjusted his sight slightly for range and looked again. The report of the Whisper subsonic rifle was little more than its namesake, even to Stonefish who was at the butt end. The three republic guards would barely know what had hit them. All three fell missing parts of their head or face.

"Wind has increased to zero-three knots," remarked Mandor.

"Check," replied the grey-haired warrior.

"Three more targets, bearing zero-seven-five, range fifteen hundred yards."

Stonefish quickly swung his scope around and checked the area, finding three more republic troopers advancing cautiously through the ruins of a food store, blackened cans and packets laying scattered about their feet. Stonefish adjusted his aim higher for the range and squeezed the trigger. The rearmost of the three fell, his face pulped into a bloody mess. The second turned to look as the next slug impacted the back of his neck and near severed his head. The third, and foremost soldier began running for cover, Stonefish swung his rifle slightly and squeezed the trigger a third time. The man fell clutching his left thigh. A second bullet put him out of his misery.

"I think the boss is gonna win the in the accuracy stakes here," remarked Mandor, grinning slightly. Stonefish just grimaced and returned to scanning for targets.

The comm beeped quietly, and Stonefish heard Kuroishi's voice ordering the squad back to their base of operations.

"Roger, boss," replied Mandor, "We'll cover you back to our position."

"Can you mark them, Mandor?" asked Stonefish.

"No, but I can see the rebels converging on something, bearing one-oh-four, range two thousand."

Stonefish swung his scope aound and saw two squads of republic soldiers heading for a small, ruined fuel station, the smoke of the destroyed command vehicles obscuring much beyond that.

The remaining Wraith sniper adjusted his scope slightly and took aim.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited May 28, 2004 8:24:16 AM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
May 28, 2004 6:37:52 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Sergeant, may I suggest something?" Rema asked as he sat down behind a fallen tree.

"Go right ahead Corporal. You are in an elite unit." Sergeant Weaver of Platoon C said as he dived down next to Rema.

When Platoon B first came under attack, Rema assumed that a second attack would hit Platoon C on the right. He had sped towards C, which just happened to be in one of the thickest parts of the forest. Stuck between two small hills in a mini-valley, Rema found Platoon C engaging swarms of rebel conscripts sporting all sorts of weapons. He even spotted two E-Webs slamming into the Platoons defenses. Blasting into the mess, Rema met up with the Platoons commander and more or less ordered him to move his troops back to the entrance of the mini-valley. They now sat at the edge of a clearing behind mounds of boulders and quickly cut down trees to use as cover. Now they needed to get back on track.

"The E-Webs havent opened up on us again, so they obviously arent moving them very fast. We need to push these Rebels back quickly. If we can scare them enough, the conscripts should flee. What I need you to do is get a squad of your best men and go around the clearing to hit the Rebels at the side. When they start opening fire, the rest of the men here chuck grenades and then have an old fashioned charge." Rema said pushing himself further into the ground as the fire from the Rebels increased.

"Exactly what I was thinking. Ill have those men on the way in a second." Weaver said crawling away.

Rema took a quick peek over the horizontal tree and saw tons of movement on the other side of the clearing. They must have been almost 150 soldiers attacking the Imperials position. Ducking back down to avoid losing contact with his head, Rema opened a Comm Channel to Platoon A.

"Captain Warren, this is Rema from Dark Dragoons, do you copy?"

"Ah, hello there Corporal. How are things going out there? I hear the blaster fire and hope you leave some Rebels left for Platoon A." Captain Warren said with a chuckle.

"Well I think there will be enough. We got pinned down but are making our advance right now. Have you heard from the Gunny or Platoon B?"

"Negative."

"Ok could you contact me as soon as you hear from them?" Rema said as static started to pour from his helmets Comm. "Captain Weaver, are you there? Captain?"

"....oger need he.....might be fine i...................."

SithspitClosing the channel, Rema turned to see Sergeant Weaver sliding under a fern. He smiled and pointed across the clearing. Rema peeked his head up over the scorched tree. Standing behind a group of boulders, the squad Weaver put together waited for the signal. Rema turned back to the Platoon Commander and nodded. Picking a grenade from the pile brought to them from a Private, Rema waited for the word to go. An explosion shook the area as the decoy squad tossed grenades into the Rebels position.

"Throw the grenades now!!" Weaver yelled to the platoon. A hundred grenades suddenly left the hands of Imperial soldiers and flew across the clearing rolling to a halt. Eerie quiet filled the air as the Rebels began to run. A massive explosion rocketed the area sending a heat wave over the Imperials and Rebels. Sergeant Weaver stood and looked to his platoon.

"CHARGE!!!!" Weaver screamed pointing his blaster to the enemy line. Rema rolled his eyes at the screaming of the word and hopped over the tree into the clearing. Running through the smoke and debris, he put his S-2 Carbine at waist level and began firing shots at the Rebel forces. Soon complete chaos took control of the area. 

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
TRP/ASL/CPL Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
May 29, 2004 3:32:00 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami winced, and shifted her weight to her right leg. The pain shooting up her left leg lessened in response, and then died to a quiet throb.

She had flown only a few hundred meters away from the clearing when the Rebel pursuit had managed to successfully melt her bike into a pile of heated slag, forcing the private to leap almost suicidally to the forest floor.
Biting her lip, Kami forced her aching leg to stretch, then glanced over at the shivering Scout held at bay by TK's rifle.
"We need directions." TK pushed his rifle closer to the scouts face, causing a nervous sheen of sweat to appear on the Rebel's brow.
"I...I..." The Rebel stuttered, gesturing almost helplessly around at his surroundings.
"You're lost?" Kami laughed dryly, "Figures..."
The Rebel looked over at Kami, then to both her surprise and horror, fell to his knees.
"Please...please don't kill me..."
Stunned, Kami looked over at TK, who shrugged, and while the Scout pleaded silently with Kami, brought his hands up and almost gently snapped the Rebel's neck

Swallowing the taste of bile in her mouth, Kami pulled herself up to her full height and hobbled a few steps towards the now lifeless Rebel's companion. Pulling the scout's camo gear free, Kami threw it over her mud-stained armor, "Their bikes should be around here somewhere... they landed nearby when I jumped from my bike."
TK nodded, brought his rifle up, then joined Kami in scouring the surrounding bush for the bikes. After a few more moments of searching, TK shouted out, and Kami jogged gingerly over to join him.

"You alright?" asked TK, who was now standing between the newly discovered Rebel speeders. Kami's sergeant threw her an almost disapproving glance, then propped his arm under her for support  "You have to stop hurting yourself."
"No kidding..." Kami hissed through clenched teeth, causing a smile to spread across TK's face.
"Crazy ass..." He muttered under his breath, before he slid his arms under a protesting Kami, and dumped her none to gently onto the back of one of the speeders. "Let me chauffeur you for a while." He gestured towards Kami's leg, "You've just jarred it badly...it should be fine in a while."

Considering the thought of arguing with the stubborn sergeant, Kami gave a resigned sigh, then slid back to allow TK to jump onto the front of the bike. Looking over his shoulder, she watched as he scrolled through the co-ordinates flashing across the small screen attached to the Rebel's bike.
"Okay, we're not lost anymore." He announced, sounding immensely relieved.

TK kick-started the engine, then pulled the bike about 180 degrees.
"Okay...let's go see how Platoon B's holding out..."

-----------------------
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 29, 2004 6:22:24 AM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
May 29, 2004 2:23:28 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Move move move move!" Rema shouted as he ran jumping over corpses and debris. As he had predicted, when the rebel conscripts saw the line of Imperial soldiers running at them, they turned tail and ran. The Imperials had managed to push the Rebels all the way back to the exit of the mini-valley. The commander of the rebel platoon could be seen rallying his men trying to make a fortified line to hold the Imperials.

Rema came to a stop next to a large tree that was scorched black from blaster fire. The rebel commander had rallied his men to the side of a hill covered with boulders. The Imperials were quick to surround the area so no one else could escape. Rema zigzagged through the trees trying to find Sergeant Weaver. Jogging past a large tree Rema saw movement out of the corner of his eye, but was unable to react. A log was swung at him and nailed him across the chest throwing him to the ground. A person was on top of Rema immediately trying to strangle him. Rema laid there dazed gasping for air. While the human on top of him couldnt get a grip on his armored neck, he had managed to knock the air out of Rema when he first struck. At least Rema first thought it was a he. As Imperial soldiers pulled the form off Rema, he could see that the rebel was a woman. Pushing himself up on his elbows, a medic crouched down next to him.

"Corporal are you alright?" the medic questioned looking over his body.

"I have had worse done to me." Rema replied pushing the medic away and standing up. By now Sergeant Weaver had made his way over to Rema.

"How I wish I had a holocam. An Imperial stormtrooper getting beat up by a girl." Weaver said with a laugh. "I got a job for you Corporal. A group of rebels got away during the attack. Since you got a speeder, could you dispose of them?"

"Im heading the way they are going anyway. What about the guys in the rocks?" Rema said pointing to the rebel's last stand.

"Not to worry. We have a couple dozen more presents for them." Weaver said picking up a grenade.

"Aye. Have fun. I'll see you at the Shield Generator." Rema said giving a nod and running back towards his speeder. On the way the tried his Comm again with no luck. Must still be jamming all communications

Reaching his speeder he jumped on flicked three switches and sped off. Bringing up the map of the area in his helmet, he noticed he was only a few hundred meters away from the shield generator. Knowing it would be a more difficult time if the rebels had more knowledge of the Imperial movement, Rema gunned his speeder blasting off to intercept his targets.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
TRP/ASL/CPL Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA]
TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
May 30, 2004 12:24:53 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Ei TK...how far away are we from the rest of the VEA?" Kami asked.
"Well I don't know how this worked out...but apparently we're thirty minutes off track" TK replied.
"Damn it...I'm so tired..." Kami whined.
"Listen, you're injured, try and get some sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there just hold on tight." TK suggested in a caring manner.
"Are you sure? wouldn't you need me to watch your back?" Kami asked.
"No i'll be fine, just get some rest." TK ordered.

As TK steered the bike through the forest he could feel Kami's body relaxing as it used TK's back for support. TK sighed, riding speeder bikes was not his favourite past time - especially riding republic speeder bikes. But he was thankful that there wasn't any opposing bikes to chase them this time.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112" "Tweak" Bowman
Trooper - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

May 30, 2004 1:33:13 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami was dreaming...a blur of events from her time back home...
...on Kuat...

"They'll never take Kuat," Her father was saying, his green eyes reflecting his pride, as he sat at the table talking to his two youngest daughters "With the combined might of both the Imperial and Kuat army defending this planet, the Rebels wouldn't stand a chance in hell ."
Kami had smiled, as her mother, her bronze hair flying free about her shoulders now that she was out of uniform, slid an arm about her father;s chest.
"Don't listen to a word he says," she'd laughed, rolling her eyes at her twins, "He takes himself way too seriously."
Kami's father had grinned, and risen to his feet, only to halt mid-way, his expression showing concern.
"Paige? Sweetie?"
Warned by something in her father's voice, Kami had turned to see her identical twin almost in tears, her fists clenched, and her jaw trembling. A look that Kami had seen a million times before...
...A look of guilt...
Fear already clawing at her heart, Kami had opened her mouth to whisper words that were heavy with dread...
"No Paige...
...what have you done?"

With a jolt Kami woke from her dream, her heart pounding in her chest, the image of her sister still burning brightly in front of her eyes.
"Kami, wake up!"
Kami tried to spin about towards the sound of the voice, only to feel herself falling to the side and into open air...
She opened her mouth to cry out for help, but felt strong hands encircle her waist, and pull her back into the saddle of the moving speeder.
"Kami geezus!" TK shook her gently from where he had twisted about to grab his falling passenger, "You were having a nightmare. It's okay. Relax."
Feeling a flush of embarrassment rise to her cheeks, Kami straightened her camo gear and fought to regain her composure. "I'm...I'm fine...sorry."
TK gave her a wry look,nodded, then turned back to the controls of the speeder, "Okay, we're nearing the clearing where we left Platoon B."
Kami straightened in her seat, her fingers scrabbling to find the reassuring weight of her E-11, before she realized that the pain in her leg had subsided. She whispered a silent prayer of thanks, then watched as TK steered the speeder through the last of the scattered trees of the forest and brought the two Dragoons out into the large clearing that they had flown straight through shortly before.

Platoon B was no-where to be seen.

TK flew a quick lap of the clearing, he and Kami taking in the carnage that lay before them.
Two Rebel tanks lay gutted on their sides, surrounded by piles upon piles of charred, still smoking bodies.
"That's whats left of the Rebels" TK announced, his voice sounding somewhat somber, as it traveled back to Kami on the wind. Kami's eyes roved over the white forms that were littered in between the piles of Rebel dead,
"Not without a cost though...they lost at least half the platoon"
TK weaved about a lone tree, and then pointed at his bike's screen, "This path keeps on going up towards the Shield generator. The rest of the Platoon must have headed that way."

As the duo brought the bike around to follow the shabby path, Kami saw what looked to be like heavy tank tracks in the Moorja mud.
She felt a smile of relief spread across her face, "They're on their way to the shield generator alright...with four brand new tanks as reconciliation for their losses..."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 30, 2004 6:06:58 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
May 30, 2004 6:33:50 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon accelerated his bike as Zek and him crossed over the top of a small ridge and made their way down through the vegetation towards the valley.  As they passed through the bottom and made their way up the next hill, the vegetation began to thin out.  On the right, the generator could be seen off in the distance along with some smoke.  Smoke could also been seen on the left.  It appeared that two of the platoons had seen battle. Zek and Afyon were far in front of the third platoon and so far hadnt found a single rebel.

As they made their way up the hill, the vegetation continued to thin out and there were several large rocks.  Just as they neared the top, Afyon felt his speeder shudder and veer off course.  There was smoke coming off the back left of bike.  "Sithspit!"  Afyon shouted as he dove wildly to avoid the oncoming fire coming from the rocks ahead.  Out of the corner of his eye, Afyon could see Zek move ahead of him and fire a blast at the snipers.  Afyon turned right and fired a burst as well before crossing over the top of the mountain only to find a large group of rebels scrambling for cover.  "Let's get the hell out of here!"  Afyon shouted over the comm.  "Make for Rema"  he ordered as he fired another burst while continuing down the hill and into the vegetation.  the rebels behind him were firing wildly as the bike disappeared through the brush.  Afyon slowed down to 50km/h as he hit the thick vegetation.  He wasn't sure where Zek was but trusted him to find his way towards platoon C.  Just as Afyon thought he was safe, a tree exploded in front ofhim.

Looking back, Afyon saw four rebel speeder bikes closing in fast.  He leaned forward and pushed harder on the accelerator with his foot.  Another tree was hit just off to his right as Afyon veered away to split through another pair of trees.  His attackers continued to close the distance, their fire getting much closer despite his attempted to evade.  Afyon flew through another pair of trees, the rebels split, two taking each side as the flew around the pair and began to close back in on Afyon.  Afyon looked back up in front and saw a very large tree approaching.  He swung to the left then pulled back right at the last second and dove down, making his way towards the smoke.  Behind him, Afyon heard a loud explosion.  A bike from the right and followed him left and had collided with a bike heading from the left to follow him right.  Afyon grinned and rose a bit higher to avoid some trees lying on the bottom.  Afyon looked back again and saw the two closing back in on him.  As he turned back, Afyon veered left sharply to avoid a large tight cluster of trees.  He pulled right to gain control back of the bike.  just as he got control, an explosion rocked the bike.  One of the two rebels and slammed into the trees and some of the firey debris had struck the bike.  Afyon looked at the speedometer and then the altitude dial.  The bike was smoking and losing speed and height quickly.  The rebel closed in and fired a burst, it struck dead on igniting the engine.  "Dammit!"  Afyon shouted as the bike headed towards the ground.

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH][SoA]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 1, 2004 6:38:30 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
"I'm getting something over the NR's comm." TK called back over his shoulder, causing Kami to turn her attention back towards the front of the bike, "Sounds like they're pulling back to the shield generator for a last stand."
Kami leaned forwards and rested her chin on the sergeant's shoulder to see the bikes navigational screen, "We're only a few miles from the generator now. Our forces must be bulking up for a full assault on the remaining Rebels close to here."
Kami glanced about, and realized that the duo were now traveling in sparsely vegetated hill country, "Easier to spot things to shoot at out here."
TK threw her a sly grin over his shoulder, "Well, let's go find you something to keep you amused."
With a roar of the engine, TK pointed the nose of the speeder bike to the earth and zoomed closer to the path the Dragoons were still following.
"Platoon B must be around here somewhere." Kami shouted over the wind as TK pushed the speeder's speed over 250km, "Look, see, there's the shield generator"
She pointed off towards where smoke had appeared on the horizon, its origin hidden by a large chain of low riding hills, "We've already managed to stir things up a little."
Almost as soon as the words exited her mouth she heard the sound of blaster fire from up ahead. "Hang on!" TK shouted as the two Dragoons rounded the corner...
...and came face to face with a heavily engaged Platoon B...

"Pull up!" Kami screamed, as Rebel fire poured at them from all sides.
TK reacted almost instantly, slamming on the speeders brakes and pulling the bike about 180 degrees. A thump, followed by the shriek of speeder told Kami that he hadn't been fast enough...
"We're hit! Get ready to jump!"
The bike tilted dramatically, almost sending TK flying from his seat as began its dive towards the earth. Smoke filling her eyes and lungs, Kami forced herself to watch in the last vital seconds as the ground grew terrifyingly in front of her, before she, for the third time that day, threw herself to the side and away from the dying speeder bike.
She felt TK leave the bike with her, and then felt herself hit the ground and roll, her shoulder absorbing the majority of the shock. After rolling for a few meters, she came to her knees then to her feet, and broke into a run as she tried to make sense of what was happening around her.

Two Rebel hover tanks were battling it out with four ground bound Rebel tanks, whose tracks were currently preventing them from maneuvering quickly about the hill with which they were engaged on. Running frantically about at the base of the four Rebel tanks were the remnant of Platoon B's ground troops, twenty or so white clad figures who were firing wildly towards the mount of the hill. Ducking as Rebel fire zoomed over her head; Kami coughed smoke violently from her lungs, glancing about in an attempt to find TK.
Ducking another volley of shots, Kami saw the busted speeder bike to her right, and the dazed form of her sergeant attempting to rise to his feet to its side.
Blinking in a vain attempt to get rid of the smoke hovering in front of her eyes, Kami saw what the Platoon troops were so doggedly trying to destroy. Just a few hundred meters from where the tanks were battling it out, two E-Webs were pounding the Imperials position unmercifully from behind rock cover.
"Damm Moorja terrain!" Kami shouted to no-one in particular as one of the E-Web gunners swung the turrent of his gun about towards TK, no doubt to finish off his kill.
"No! TK! Move!" Kami screamed, breaking into a sprint, and dropping the slugthrower rifle at her feet, "Move! Now!"
TK, blood visible on his face, glanced up from where he was only half standing to see Kami running flat towards him, fear etched into her green eyes, "I'm..." he stammered, as the E-Web aimed...then fired...
Kami dove...throwing herself with all her might at TK...and hitting his chest with a blow that stole away her breath and sent the both of them flying backwards and down the hill's slope...
...just as the laser hit home...

Kami heard herself yelp as the intense heat of the blast bit away at the uncovered right side of her face, then felt the pain lessen as the duo rolled away from the Rebel fire.
Digging clawed fingers into the dirt, Kami felt herself slow, then stop, pulling her E-11 out from under her body as she did so. The scrabble of dirt from next to her signaled TK's halt, and together the duo rose to their feet, and then ran back towards the battle.
"Sarge!" Kami threw TK her rifle as she ran, then scooped down and picked up her discarded sniper rifle, "Cover me!"
TK, two E-11's in hand, threw Kami a blood tinged grin, and shouting at the top of his lungs, grabbed the attention of the rest of the Platoon. The platoon's squad leader, judging by the patch on his armor, looked back to see the dirt covered, rebel clothed Dragoons, and swung his rifle up almost apprehensively.
"Wait!" TK waved his arms about theatrically, jumping aside mid step to avoid another volley of fire from the E-Webs, "We're friends!"
Seeing a flash of clean white armor revealed under the Rebel honcho, the Sergeant hesitated, saw Kami and her rifle, then yelled at his men to concentrate all their fire on the hilltop. A visibly relieved TK focused the tip of his guns at the Rebel who was bringing about his E-Web to attack the Dragoons for the second time, then opened fire with the rest of the Platoon, forcing the Rebels to duck back behind cover. As the two sergeants pelted the Rebels with gunfire, Kami brought the sniper rifle up to her shoulder, and planted her feet firmly into the earth.
For once this Moorja mud will come in handy... she thought grimly as she focused through the scope, maybe it'll help me with my aim...
Calling out to TK, she waited until he stopped firing, then shot two gunners who rose curiously from behind cover. With a laugh, TK shot and hit another who tried to help his friend, then threw Kami's rifle back to her. Together, the two sprayed shots at the remaining 8 or so gunners, then ran full pelt up the hill towards them.
A roar sounded at Kami and TK's backs as the rest of the Platoon followed suit, screaming war cries as they charged up the hill towards the shocked Rebel gunners.

Within a matter of seconds, the advancing storm troopers had flooded over and disposed of the remaining Rebels, then turned back to man the E-Webs, spinning them about to target the two Rebel hover tanks. After resiting a few minutes of continual E-Web fire, the tanks collapsed, imploding and landing haphazardly on their sides in a blaze of flame.
As cheers rose up from the Platoon, Kami joined in, throwing her rifle into the air, and laughing along with TK as they finally comprehended what they had just done

TK smiled, a terrifying image with his blood streaked face, "Well...at least you could never say this job's not interesting..."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 1, 2004 6:49:53 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 2, 2004 7:56:46 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi couldn't help but marvel at how quickly the landscape changed from urban sprawl to wide open plains and rolling hills as he marched back to the hotel Edmont.

The good news about the report Kuroishi had heard was that it meant for a while all they would have to deal with were the assault forces already heading into the gauntlent.  Bad news was they were going to be pissed off very shortly.  That could mean they would act very rashly or have the surge of dedication neccessary to defy the odds and break through the gauntlent.

A plan was needed to deal with either contingancy.

Kuroishi knew this atrocity would have Timms gain ground on the war criminals list but Kuroishi was fairly certain that his spot would be secure for a while.

Somehow Stonefish had managed to beat the assault forces back to the funnel and had managed to send a series of warning clicks on his comm that the forces were assaulting in a disorganized fashion.  Weilding so many forces without an overall command structure was nigh imposible to do at a local level.  Sure the individual companies could maintain cohesion but beyond that the Wraiths have made difficult by eliminating the divisional command staff.

Best idea Kuroishi had was to use Wraith and Raiders as mobile kill teams while the regulars maintained the kill zones.  Now to organize and implement it would be almost impossible with the rebel troops starting down the gauntlent.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
June 2, 2004 11:00:33 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Damnit.

Rizzit felt like punching the nearest wall, or nearest trooper. No matter which way they went, streets were blocked off, and they couldn't get any closer to the spaceport.

With the ban on open frequency communications, Rizzit couldn't get in contact with Kuroishi to coordinate their forces.

"Just another day on the job" Rizzit muttered tp himself. "Knight." he said, opening the link to the Lance Corporal. "How goes hacking into the mainframe?"

Static crackled over the comm, then Knight's voice boomed over the speaker. "Slow. They're using an old encryption, but its layered so thick that it could take me another half hour before I can get into their Army tracking systems. "

"Well keep at it. We need that info." Rizzit out.

Looking around the room, Rizzit could read the frustration on his troops face. He had imagined his return to lead the Raiders to be glorious, with his squad banding together and flawlessly completing their objectives.

Needless to say, his hopes were dashed by continuing problems and constant misfortune.

The squad was hunkered down in a back alley, some 5 blocks away from the spaceport they had been trying to reach for hours. It seemed fitting to the Lieutenant that they should be crouched down amidst garbage, because thats they way their mission was looking...trashy.

A burst of encrypted code came over the comm link, startling Rizzit.

"Knight you get that?" he called ov erht squad comm.

"Yah boss, standard Imperial encryption, give me 20 seconds to decrpypt then I'll restransmit to you."

Silence reigned over the comm for a good half a minute. Rizzit's datapad bleeped as Knight transmitted toe decoded message to him.

Eyes widening with thre realization that their situation just got a lot, LOT worse, he called out to the squads.

"Guys we are about to be at ground zero, get back to the freighter we need to get the hell out of here."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi 
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/ASL/SSGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]

Dark Jedi Journeyman Phoenix

TRN/JRN Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

June 2, 2004 9:01:08 PM    View the profile of Fury 
"Transponder codes if you please.  I'd like to be fairly certain about where every soldier we have on this rock is."  The intel chief bent to the sand table and began consulting with his teams.  Another artillery company had landed and with it and some hovertanks using their guns for long range effect they were beginning to bracket in the enemy forces.  The meterologist was constantly assuring him that nothing larger than a small village would be affected by the blasts, but he was a young sergeant and Timms knew better anyway. 

If they were not going to be respected as a fighting force, they at least would be feared.  Which was probably the same line of thought that gave rise to Palpatine in the first place.  Timms had no time to consider such heavy thoughts and pushed it to the back of his mind.  No one had seen fit to counter his decision; thus it would so be.

The chief returned from his vigil and led Timms to the table. "All units accounted for.  If the stormies out there are all buttoned up, their armor should protect them from all but a direct hit. Other than them, we are all clear of the blast zones."

"How are we stocked for Mertine?"

"Plenty of low level doses.  Enough for the troops and a few thousand civilians.  Not so much for any enemy that will be in the blast zone."

"They had their chance to surrender.  Nature will take it's course with them.  I'm tired of butting heads with their kind."  The intelligence trooper only nodded at that.  "Advise all armor and artillery units to begin concentrated fire on the fringes of the blast zones.  Keep the enemy away from the cities and fortified positions." Turning to the artillery officer in charge of the  nuclear-armed guns. "Concentrate fire on major troop concentrations and ammo/fuel depots.  Six guns, three salvos each to begin.  Commence fire."

And with that, the final push for Moorja had begun.
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited June 2, 2004 9:03:38 PM)]
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
June 3, 2004 6:55:21 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
***Just before the last post***

After retransmitting the encrypted message FlyingKnight started to type as fast as he could to get the tracking codes and other info.

"Lance Corporal get your butt back to the ship we need to get out of here so they can barrage the enemy." Rizzit ordered.
    "I am coming just hold on a sec I want to get those codes." Knight responded
    "Alright but hurry up we need to clear the area."
    "Roger that." Knight closed the comm.

Trying to break each layer by flooding them with useless dummy viruses Knight was able to easily by bypass the encryption. Getting rid of the last encryption layer he uploaded a virus that was able to lock out any user that was trying or had an access at the time.

"I got through the last encryption meet me near my position, I am sending you the coordinates now." Knight commed to the ship.
    "We'll be there in a sec but there is a formation of T-47s airspeeders heading our way." Sniping101 responded closing the comm.

Knight started to upload the whole database since he had some time before extraction. Using spare datadisks to store the information he started to collect his things to leave. Seeing that the download reading was at 90 percent he popped in the last disk and watched the percentage bar rise to 100% and closed his laptop. Checking the street he looked up into the sky and saw a T-47 crash into a building about a block away and the commadeered ship coming in for an approach. The landing ramp already down Knight saw Rizzit standing at the top of it.

"Just jump in we need to get out of here." Rizzit said.

Waiting for it to get closer Knight jumped onto the ramp as it started to close and walked inside and sat down at the ships computer terminal.

"Knight I want you to send the tracking codes to the Dominion and start going through the info that you downloaded to see if anything is interesting." Rizzit ordered.

The ship surged as it gained altitude and leveled off. Knight transmitting the codes to the dominion started to go through the bytes of information that his skills got for the Empire.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get sh**ty ideas from.---Thought of the Year
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 3, 2004 11:32:13 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Re-establishin his uplink to the sensor netwok Kuroishi checked the status of the troops inside the city.  Keeping buttoned up and the assualt force in the gauntlent looked to be a daunting task.

Five companied plus whatever the Raiders had brought with them of regulars, Raiders, and Wraith squad.  The gauntlent beyond the funnel was well established and the Raiders had managed to coax the rebel assault units down the funnel so far as they had prommissed.  Now it would be up to Wraith to make sure that the door was closed behind them and they were stuck in the urban killing fields.

Once the door was closed Wraith and Raiders would have to become roving kill teams where ever the rebels were threatening to defy the odds and breakthrough.

There was little choice but to send his plan over the comm system and hope the Raiders got all of it before the em from the nukes made communications impossible.

"Wraith one to Raiders one.  Don't have much time before cannot continue to transmit.  Plan is to create sufficiant obsticales to block exit of rebel forces, then use our two squads as problem solvers.  Do you comply?"  Kuroishi commed.

Kuroishi could only hope that the Raiders got his message and were willing to comply with his plan.  If not things were about to get interesting.

Kuroishi huddled inside the lobby wiating for the shells to fall.  Now he was glad that he had worn his marine armor.  Hopefully the rest of the Wraiths were someplace safe with thier own nbc gear because by the sounds and looks of things from Kuroishi's position time was up before the shells hit thier targets.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

June 4, 2004 3:28:59 PM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Typing on his laptop FlyingKnight was going through the intel he just hacked out of the NR mainframe when he got a transmission.

"Wraith one to Raiders one.  Don't have much time before cannot continue to transmit.  Plan is to create sufficiant obsticales to block exit of rebel forces, then use our two squads as problem solvers.  Do you comply?" Kuroishi commed.
    "This is Lance Corporal FlyingKnight. We read you. Do you copy," Knight responded.

The LCPL only heard static. Rizzit walked over after hearing the transmission.

"We will land near where Kuroishi's postition is can you pinpoint his location?" Rizzit said.
    "Yes the transmission came from a hotel lobby near the spaceport." Knight responded quickly.
    "Keep going through that intel and send anything interesting to the Dominion." Rizzit said walking toward the cockpit.

FlyingKnight felt the ship start to manuever in for a landing. Starting to go through the info again something caught his eye. Opening the file named Z6 he saw the words TOP SECRET and Zeta Six across the top and thought he should send it to the higher ups.

Opening a comm to the dominion Knight encrypted the file and got ready to send the intel. "This is Lance Corporal FlyingKnight of the Raiders Squad, I found this file in the military mainframe and it looked interesting."
    There was a short pause. "Thank you Lance Corporal, this will be useful. Do you have any other data?" A technician asked.
    "Yes roger that." Knight responded.
    "Send the rest of the data up and the intelligence officers will have a look at that. We are ready to receive the data."
    Knight sent the data and closed the comm.

Rizzit's voice boomed over the ships PA. "We will be landing in a few minutes to meet up with Kuroishi to help deal with the Rebels maybe trying to escape the city. Check your gear and make sure that your NBC gear is running because the Imperials are hitting the city with nukes. That is all."

Knight packed up his laptop and checked his suit and helmet to make sure that no radiation will get in. He felt the ship land and heard the landing ramp lower. He checked his weapon slide on his helmet and jogged down the ramp into the hotel.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
-Raider Squad
-
Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get sh**ty ideas from.---Thought of the Year
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

June 5, 2004 10:08:40 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fifteen mushroom clouds had emerged from the initial volleys.  The sixth gun crew had been forced to pull off the line as they had attracted an enemy armor unit. Conventional rounds and heavy defensive fire had blunted that advance.

Timms had climbed out of the bunker as fast as he could, gobbling some Mertine just in case of exposure; which was pretty likely. He took a few moments to survey the battlefield and then waited for his comm techs to begin receiving reports.  Heading to the comm shack, he was intercepted by the intel chief.

"Reports sir."  Timms only nodded.

"Initial estimates show dead and wounded in the two battalion or higher area with at least three fuel/ammo dumps detonated.  The ensuing shock value has disorganized enemy lines on nearly all fronts and we are getting reports of a battalion's worth of surrendering forces, including the shield generator not currently under attack. 

"We've halved the main concentration of forces and have much of the rest on the run. I suspect we may have unleashed the bear amount of mayhem required to complete the mission."

"I hope so Chief.  Stand down the cannon.  Take special care with the crew that did not get a chance to fire.  They might be prone to having an 'accident.' See that it does not happen.  This campaign has a ways to go. I'm sure they'll see another opportunity on the way to Coruscant.

"Continue the counter-attack.  Once the communications clear up, come back with a better assessment."

"As you wish sir."

-----------------------
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 6, 2004 7:24:01 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Out of Character: Hey guys! I am back. Hehe. Well..here it goes..

Lukas Yuy, just being cured after being injured, was back in action to help the Wraiths. He was sitting in the drop pod waiting for the Dominion's go ahead for him to be shot towards the awaiting battlefield. Changing to green the status light signaled that the catapult was going to launch him towards the planet. Feeling the heavy G-forces Lukas braced himself to be caught in the planets pull.

Being pulled forward after the retro boosters kicked in he sat back and waited for the next firing. Feeling the pull of the planets gravity he started to vector himself to land near the last reported place of Kuroishi. Firing again, the retros slowed the pod down and he looked out the window to see the remains of the city and traces of some mushroom clouds. The thrusters fired as he aimed himself toward the area near the spaceport.

Heading closer towards the ground the repulsors kicked in and landed with a loud thump after hitting a pile of debris. Lukas collected his gear and opened the hatch to find a deserted street. Pulling out his datapad he checked his position. Finding that he needed to move towards the hotel, the Lance Corporal started to walk. Almost forgetting he pulled out a thermite grenade and tossed it into the drop pod. Walking away, he heard the explosion and started heading off towards his squad leader.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Squad: Wraith
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
June 6, 2004 6:52:54 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    The searing light was the first preview of the mass destruction that had been unleashed. The Wraith swung his arm up to cover his sensitive eyes, even the light reflected from the clouds above was enough to hurt his eyes. He backed away under the cover of a nearby archway and sat down.
    The first light from the explosion stopped, but it was soon followed by a roar of thunder, reverberating through the ground. Dust fell away from the masonry above and settled on Rhorh, revealing his lupine form. Ripples ran across his body, through his fur, casting off the dust and returning his figure to shadows. Whatever the imperials were unleashing it was beginning to unnerve the untrained defel.

Rhorh watched the entrance to the nondescript building the intelligence officials had entered. From his position across the open square he had managed to view the other side of the opening several times, but he could only see darkness. To him that was an open invitation. The only obstacle in his path was a soldier sat a few metres down from him. Although he had been smoking and reading for most of the night, he kept a watchful eye on the entrance to the building. Perhaps someone the soldiers had assigned to watching the intelligence agents. No matter who he was, even with Rhorh's particular abilities, a moving shadow still attracted attention.

A rustle. A tug. A flick. A flare. A breath. A puff of smoke. A crack. A death.

Rhorh pulled the dead soldier back inside the abandoned building and casually tossed him to one side. He stepped out into the square and casually crushed the recently lit cigarette.

Rhorh watched as another sentinel droid passed him by. He didn't really have to worry as it's attention was focussed on the prisoners sat across from the Wraith. Getting inside had not been too much of a problem, the hundred metre lift shaft descent had even reminded him of home. But the disturbing sights and sounds, couple with the motion tracking droids, made him wish he had never come down that shaft.
    He had always heard of the New Republic excellent reputation concerning prisoners. Maybe the state of this place was the reason the soldiers were guarding it so well. Whichever wing of rebel intelligence built this place had obviously read from imperial doctrine concerning prisoners.

He had managed to count some thirty or so imperial prisoners. He could tell by the fact that some of the men, sat in their dark and dank cells, still wore the tattered rags of their imperial uniforms. He had even overheard a conversation between prisoners where one of them addressed the other as "Major". Rhorh flinched at the sound of footsteps and squeezed himself back into his corner. A pair of republic troopers escorted an intelligence official into the corridor. Rhorh's heart thundered within his chest, he was sure the men would hear his heart pounding in the silence.

"Him!" the agent said, pointing towards one of the imperial captives. One of the soldiers kept their rifle trained on the sleeping officer, whilst the other entered  key code. The heavy metal bars slid out of sight into the floor. The officer was rudely awoken with an electrified prod. He was manhandled out of his cell and taken out of sight. The shade stood up and followed them.
    Woken by the disturbances, one of the prisoners looked about for the guards. His eyes widened as he saw a shadow get up and walk past it.

"You ID line shows you belong to the Vast Empire faction," the intel man spat the words out. "We need some more details on your group. Troop numbers, weaponry, the usual. I am sure you were privy to that sort of information." Rhorh glanced around the corner to see the officer strapped down to a table.
    "Well if you insist I'm afraid I will have to use harsher means." Rhorh took another glance around the corner to see a torture droid bob through the air towards the table.
    He had seen more than enough now. A hidden prison full of imperial officers would be more than enough to report and the chance of detection was too great.
The screams of the prisoner haunted him on the way out.

A safe distance away he retrieved the small comm unit from within his fur. He started his report, which was sent to the long distance transmitting equipment hidden not far away. It began:
    "Intelligence base is underground prison. Captured imperial officers inside. The prisoners are kept in complete darkness with strange, disturbing noises playing constantly, they are obviously badly treated and regularly tortured for information. Requesting new orders, details and co-ordinates of prison follows . . .

-----------------------
PC:A/SGM/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS} {BoA}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 7, 2004 5:39:37 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami and TK brought up both hands to block the intense beams of light which had suddenly flared up on the horizon.
"Looks like command's calling in the big guns" TK shouted over the roar that followed, a strong gust of unnatural wind nearly flinging the two dragoons from their perch atop one of Platoon B's stolen Rebel tanks. Gripping her fingers more securely around the tanks hatch, Kami watched the last of the light fade from Moorja's atmosphere, "Impressive."

TK grimaced through the dirt and blood that caked his face, "You could say that..."
"Sergeant!"
TK turned towards the trooper traveling on the tank next to them. The trooper gestured towards the surrounding terrain, "The shield generator is just over that rise."
With a nod, TK rose unsteadily to his feet atop the tank and swept his arm in a large arc, signaling to the last two tanks, both of which were also peppered with the remaining ground troops of Platoon B, that they should be ready to engage the enemy once again.
Helping her sergeant back to a more secure position, Kami strained her eyes in a attempt to see over the rise, and see that the shield that was issuing so much smoke. After just a few more minutes of traveling, the Dragoon's tank topped the hill, and revealed a generator enclosed in waves upon waves of dark clouds of smoke.

VE forces popped in and out of view from amongst the clouds, swarming over the last defenses of the Moorja's forces and blowing huge chunks out of the generator with whatever weapons they had available. 

"Who's who?" Kami yelled over the screams and war cries issuing from all the engaged forces, feeling the tank jolt slightly as it rolled over the remains of a Rebel speeder bike.
TK glanced anxiously about him, "I can't see Afyon or Rema anywhere."
Kami glanced vigilantly about the tank for the rest of her squad, and saw a Rebel step forward from the fog instead. Shooting him three times in the chest, she tore her eyes away from his still twitching form as it went slowly under the tracks of their ride.

"Just go for the generator." Kami yelled down towards the driver, "We'll take out anyone in our way as we go." The driver glanced up at TK for confirmation of the orders, then increased the speed of the tank, sending it racing almost blindly towards their target...

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 8, 2004 5:30:02 AM)]
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

June 7, 2004 7:00:18 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Stepping outside after the sound and bright light of the warheads exploding FlyingKnight stood guard near the entrance of the hotel. Seeing the contrails of a drop pod he figured that there was more help coming. After a few moments he heard another explosion and thought nothing of it. Relieving him of duty a regular informed him that Lt. Rizzit wanted the Corporal for a short briefing with Kuroishi. Walking up to where everyone was standing around Knight said, "I just saw what looked like a drop pod."
    "Hrm, I wonder," Kuroishi said to himself. "Anyway with the help of the regulars and you guys we can take out most of the retreating rebels."
    "Yes, we are guessing that there will be surviving rebels that we should take out before they exit the city." Rizzit explained.
    "Wraiths have set up a funnel of debris and other materials so they will have to exit through this area." Kuroishi said.
    "Sniping can you rig up some explosives to take out any  vehicles that may happen to venture through." Rizzit questioned.
    "Yeah from what I saw there are some explosives left from the spaceport that I can use." Sniping101 responded.
    "Great then we can have the regulars positioned inside the buildings on either sides of the street. We can handle the ground level by detonating the explosives and setting up booby traps for anti-infantry." Rizzit said as he looked up to see Lukas Yuy walk into the room.
    "Good to see you Lukas, I thougth that was you who would be dropping in. I can see that you are fully healed and rested." Kuroishi said.
    "Yes, and I brought some spare energy packs and supplies if anyone needs it." Lukas said setting a sack on the table.
    "The Raiders and I will go outside and start to plot out the traps and where we want everyone positioned, we don't have much time before the Rebels start to come through. Kuroishi you can breif Lukas on what we are going to do" Rizzit said  signaling for the squad to move out.
    "Roger that," Kuroishi said while starting to explain the plan to Lukas.

The whole squad moved out after taking some ammo and grenades then starting to survey the area in preperation for the ambush. Sniping started to set up the explosives and Rizzit checked the buildings for the best positions to provide cover fire from the regulars for the squad. Knight was put on lookout duty on the top of the hotel. Looking through his macrobinoculars toward the spaceport he saw an E-web on the roof and thougth it might be useful for the ambush. Opening a comm to Rizzit he said, "This is Knight I have spotted an E-web on the roof of the space port should I go and retrieve it?"
    "Roger that, it could be useful if it is operational," Rizzit responded. "Take some of the regulars with you to help pack it and transport it back. When you get it back here place it between some of the fallen debris on the right side of the street, the regulars can cover you from there.
    "Yes sir," Knight said closing the comm and heading down towards the street level.

Signaling for two of the regulars moving some debris he told them to come with him to move an E-web so that they can use it. The trio jogged off towards the space port to retrieve the needed piece of equipment.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
-Raider Squad
-
"To start press the any key *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 7, 2004 8:02:28 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi looked at what Wraith had managed to accomplish on his map display and felt proud that his squad had managed to even make the funnel that lead to th gauntlent that the rebels were currently slogging through.

Between the five companies Fury had managed to give as reinforcements, what the Raiders had brought with them, and the two squads working together the space port would be fully secured within the hour.

The only question was would they be able to hold it or even keep it intact?

With the release of nuclear weapons some of the troopers who didn't wear filtration or other nbc protective gear would have to make thier way to a medical facility and be out of action for an undesireable length of time.

The upside was the rebel assault forces were in disarray and were attempting to retreat.

Kuroishi watched the last two buildings colapse sealing the funnel.  Now it was time for head hunting.  There were still mobile command vehicales leading the various units of rebel assault forces and command and cooridnation was possible on a small scale for them still.  This bothered Kuroishi, it meant they might actually be able to organize a breakout.

A quick check of the tracking displays and Kuroishi walked into the lounge to find what members of his squad had managed to make it to the hotel before the nukes hit the ground.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
June 7, 2004 9:49:57 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish crawled out of the mangled remains of the air vent, and into the open air of the Wraith-constructed gauntlet. When he heard the warning, the Wraith trooper had tried to make his way back to the hotel, but had been cut off by a short platoon of republic infantry moving across his path. He and Mandor had dived into the remains of an inner-city shopping mall to avoid detection, and when they heard the bomb warning, the two imperials had taken cover in the sub-basement complex.

The nuclear ordnance had made a mess of the republic forces, reducing once imposing formations of armour and artillery to useless slag, if anything remained at all. It had also caved in a good portion of the underground storage and parking complex in which Mandor and Stonefish had taken cover. The pair had found a single unblocked air vent which lead to the surface, and even then they had spent several minutes cutting away the last few melted and mangled metres to get out into daylight once more.

Quickly regaining his bearings, Stonefish took the lead, beginning across the loose rubble toward the hotel where Kuroishi had set up his command post.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 7, 2004 4:49:18 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas looked over at Kuroishi and gave him a nod.

"Glad to see you back on your feet, Lukas. There are Rebel troops retreating, but there are some still resisting. So I want you to go to the gauntlet and get into a suitable sniping position and take out any Rebels you spot", Kuroishi said to him.

Lukas nodded and grabbed his gear off the table he put it on.

Before going, Lukas checked to make sure he had all his gear, including his black armor.

Once this was done, he gave Kuroishi a salute and headed out towards the gauntlet.

As he walked along, his sniper rifle in its case along with the rounds and his other gear on his belt, he looked around at the desolate city that once stood.

He heard every now and then, the firing of rounds and faint screams.

Lukas reached the guantlet after 15 minutes of a walking.

As he looked around, he spotted a large pile of debris, and the desolate sound of silence, and the occassional gun fire.

Lukas spotted a perfect spot for sniping from, it was one of the remaining buidings, that stood although had gotten some damage done to it.

He made sure the coast was clear and made his way towards the building, killing a few Rebels with his silenced pistol, making sure to hit them in the head.

Lukas disposed the two bodies in a nearby dumpster, and took out a frag grenade, launching it from a safe distance into the dumpster.

A few moments later, the grenade went off with a loud bang and the dumpster exploded.

He then walked over the threshold to an office building, which seemed pretty intacted, but all the windows were all blown out.

Lukas walked over to the elevator shaft and pressed the up button and waited a few moments.

Nothing happened, so he decided to take the stairs since he had light gear on.

Lukas made his way up the stairs, with no resistance, and found a room on the 28th floor.

This room looked out over the gauntlet, so he would be at a very good advantage for sniping.

Lukas grabbed his case he had the sniper rifle in and opened it up.

He pulled out the attachments like a silencer and the scope, as well as the clip.

Lukas loaded the clip and attached the silencer and scope.

After this, he set the sniper rifle down on a nearby table.

Lukas opened the door and went out into the corridor.

As he went along the hallway he placed motion sensors on various objects.

After he was done doing this, he walked back into the room, closing the door behind him.

Lukas grabbed his sniper rifle back off the table and looked down the scope, scouting around for Rebels.

Lukas spotted two Rebel soldiers coming out of a building a few hundred yards from were he was.

He lined them up in his cross hairs and fired a single shot, hitting one in the forehead, and took another shot at the other one, hitting him in the neck.

The two soldiers dropped to the ground, blood everywere.

Lukas then turned on his comm. piece and spoke into it, "Kuroishi, sir, I have found a place to snipe from. It is an old office building over looking the gauntlet, in and out."

He waited a few moments before hearing Kuroishi's voice come on, "Good job Lukas, cotinue to take out Rebel soldiers as they try to get in or out, if you need back up, just call".

Lukas responded by saying, "Will do sir".

He wondered how his fellow squad members were holding up, as they are scattered in the battlefield.

Lukas continued to watch down the scope of his sniper rifle, waiting for more Rebels to appear.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Squad: Wraith
[This message has been edited by Lukas_Yuy (edited June 7, 2004 8:38:02 PM)]
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
June 8, 2004 11:52:37 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
Hashi leaned against a wall and slowly slid down to the ground. He yawned and rested the repeater blaster in his lap. He slowly took of his dirt-stained scout trooper helmet and set in on his hip.

The Moorja wind blew gently, rustling the young soldier's jet black hair.

Around him, the rest of Jesters were similarly idling, taking naps, checking and re-checking weapons and ammo.

The scout squad had set up a make-shift encampment and were practically taking a holiday in the midst of the violent raging battle between the Empire and the New Republic.

The cracks of sniper rifles and the soft thuds of artillery firing, followed by the death cries of mortals and the screaming of incoming arty shells, could be heard.

Sometimes close, sometimes distant.

Sporadic, in general. He shrugged off most of these distractions.

He touched the barrel of his lethal repeater. It was long cooled. He felt the urge to use it again, wanting the barrel to grow red hot from gunning down the enemy.

Reaching for his utility belt, he pulled out an unopened pack of Malboro Lights. A seasoned flick of his lighter later, his eyes were staring into the grey hazy smoke drifting in front of him.

Hashi hoped that Merrick had something in store for him. He was itching to get back into action as soon as possible.

-----------------------
Sergeant Hashi Shiyun [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
-- SAW Gunner, carries really big m4ch1n3z gunz
[This message has been edited by Hashi Shiyun (edited June 8, 2004 2:30:25 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
June 9, 2004 8:07:55 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
The exhaustion of working for so many hours straight had gotten to Merrick, and she'd fallen asleep sitting against the wall of one of the buildings they'd so effectively cleared of life. As far as their objectives were concerned, their job was done. Her team was spent, and she was not going to lead them into battle again so soon. At least not unless Fury commanded her to, which seemed unlikely at this point. Moorja seemed to be under control, mostly, without their further help.

Merrick woke suddenly as a sniper shot sounded close by, at first started by the noise but unconcerned for her squad. Until she remembered that it had been Shadow's turn to keep an eye on the people traffic around the building they were resting in. She got up to check on him since he hadn't reported lately. Making her way up to the small higher level room that had been serving as a lookout position, she soon discovered why. Shadow lay in a pool of his own blood, unconscious or dead, a ragged gap in the side of his neck. His white armour was speckled with deep red spots and the blood was seeping into the wooden floor of the building. "Dammit, just what I need." Merrick returned to where the other Jesters were waiting. None of them were very upset, as Shadow hadn't been one of the very popular members, but Hashi and Frog decided it was time to hunt down the soldier who had killed him anyway. Merrick merely suggested Frog take a whole team rather than just Hashi with him.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 9, 2004 8:40:43 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi grabbed comdet explosives to replace what he had used thus far and exited the make shift command post on the now safe side of the gauntlent.

So far the only edge on the sword of using nuclear weapons to bite back on the VEA was the troops trapped in the gauntlent were now very resistant to the idea of surrender.

Time to once more assume the mantle that was his most vile and usefull.  Great Death Leader of the Fallen.  It would also help that he had two former Fallen Angels under his command.

A cunning plan was required in addition to the brutal savagery about to be unleashed on the forces trapped in the killing fields.

Elimination of officers until either the enemy desired to surrender or no one wanted to be in charge.  Since thier targets would be moving and under heavier gaurd he'd have to think of a way to get close enough to start planting the demolition charges on the mobile command vehicales.

A few possiblities began to enter his mind.  He'd need the help of more of the Wraiths then had made it to the hotel so far but it could just work.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
June 9, 2004 3:08:40 PM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
Hashi looked down on the body of his dead comrade, Shadow. There was a gaping hole in his neck, neatly sliced open. An ugly mixture of blood and mucus stained the dead man's breastplate.

A cold, empty feeling stirred in Hashi's chest. Strangely enough, he did not feel any emotion at the death of his squad member.

Had war really turned him into an unfeeling killing machine? He contemplated that for a couple of seconds, then shrugged.

Tearing away from the sight Hashi joined Firefrog, who was assembling a three man fireteam, him included. The other two were Slash, their radioman, and Digitalaeon, who had mostly recovered from his battle wound and was now looking sprightly.

They knew what they needed to do. Find the enemy soldier who sniped Shadow and kill him, before anymore of them could fall as another victim.

They silently trudged out of the camp to hunt for the enemy sniper. They advanced in single file, in a cautious manner. Frog had the point while Hashi brought up the rear.

The stench of charred flesh and ash reached deep into their nostrils. The city was a mass of ruins after severe artillery bombardments. The bleached white bones of men caught in the crossfire littered the streets. Now and then the boot of a Jester unintentionally crushed a human skull under it.

An hour and a half had past, and they were still searching for the elusive sniper. The sun beat down on the four figures carefully clearing out the blasted ruins building by building.

Weariness and frustration came to the Jesters, and Firefrog was on the brink of calling off the search, when out the corner of his eye, he spied a stealthy figure rising behind a window on the fifth floor of a half destroyed residential building.

Instinctively, Firefrog dived to the right as a second later a bullet hit the spot where Frog had been standing.

In the blink of an eye, they fireteam sprang into action. They were out in street, completely in the open. Realizing this, they hurriedly dived for cover, hiding between vehicle debris or metal crates. Slash chucked a frag grenade at the window, but it was a poor throw and the 'nade bounced off the wall and back into the street.

The explosion threw Hashi off-balance and he fell flat on his back. Picking himself up he sprayed at the open window with his machine gun, but the figure in the gillie suit was no longer there. Hashi's bolts hit empty air.

Go Go Go, someone yelled. With a heave they charged into the building, Frog kicking the front door open. They rushed through the building, and in textbook fashion, started flinging flashbangs into every room before rushing in.

Hashi jumped over disused furniture and rolled yet another flashbang into an open doorway. This time, there was a startled cry and a heavy metal clang as the enemy sniper dropped his rifle and covered his eyes from the glaring blinding flash.

Hashi waltzed in and swung the butt of his machine gun into the man's face with all his might, throwing him back as blood and mucus splattered over his shattered facial features. Another swift downward thrust and the stock of his weapon rammed into the privates of the man. The man had no time to gasp out as the final swing caught him straight in between the eyes.

The rest of the fireteam filed into the room. Hashi stepped back as Firefrog walked forward and kicked their tormented prisoner so that he was lying flat on his face. A boot pinning the man's head down, Firefrog yanked the man's hair back forcefully.

Drawing his combat knife, he danced it gracefully across the man's throat, cutting arteries and spraying blood everywhere. A heavy sigh resonated. Leaving the twitching body alone to die, the four scout troopers left the building and headed back to camp.

-----------------------
Sergeant Hashi Shiyun [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
-- SAW Gunner, carries really big m4ch1n3z gunz
-----------------------
-- Jester Squad
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:49:16 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 407  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >