Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
June 11, 2004 11:25:11 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury had seen the small freighter navigate through the Vast Empire lines an hour ago.  He had kept his employee cooling his heels only long enough to read the report compiled from intelligence gathered by a Defel Wraith working on Moorja, nominally in the Empire's best interests.

"Send him in," he advised his most recent assistant.

Kuin strode into the office, seemingly unaware of the inconvenience caused him.  He quietly sat at the offered chair and passed over a datapad containing the meat of the quick summary he had encoded days before.

After a few moments, all the general had to say was a muttered, "Bestine."

"Does this help or harm the cause, Administrator?"

Fury considered it.  "Probably both.  Granted, you have no need to know of it, but your investigation of events from the last ARC mission has some interesting parallels in our current campaign.  It will be informative to see what the High Command will do with this."

Kuin had the good sense to only nod and leave things at that.  "We have the planet mostly pacified.  Take a supply shuttle down and either relax or start setting up an Imperial Center office. Whatever fenti bean crop we have not destroyed is soon to be harvested and the ruva will be seeded soon.  With Salliche's offices in shambles, now would be the time to buy out some of the ownership and get into the bulk grain markets.  At your leisure of course."

"As you wish.  I will get the groundwork going and then resume my investigations."

Fury nodded.  "Be advised that you may begin to see VE agents snooping at the same watering holes.  Try not to let them disrupt your work."

"They are getting better sir.  Recruiting from the ranks of ex-pirates and other non-military types makes them more natural and inconspicuous."

"If you say so. Thanks for this update," he added as he hefted the datapad. "I believe we'll be able to act on it. Consider yourself dismissed." Kuin arose and left the office.

A sizeable majority of the population of Bestine had been discovered slaving away in the mines of Kiffu, and the latest discovery of captured and tortured Imperial officers who had hailed from Bestine, including a Vast Empire liason.  A dirty deal was afoot and the Remnant was either unaware or complicit in the affair. 

The higher ups needed this info pronto. The navy could deliver it faster than he could so he made arrangements to hand off the accumulated intel to the Admiral in charge.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
June 13, 2004 8:00:18 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi watched a command vehicale implode.  Things were going well but slowly.

There had been many things gnawing at the back of Kuroishi's mind since the start of the campaign.  For one why had the rebels invested so much in the defense of an agricultural planet that on cursory examination did not warrant such an expendature of resources.  Another were the rumors of imperial prisoners that couldn't be traced to any receant conflicts.

The higher ups had tried to keep it quiet but even Kuroishi had heard the rumors.

It was time to get a hold of GUESSWORK and see what they had to say on both those matters.

"Fish take over while I check something out."  Kuroishi said as he turned toward the communications center closest to him.

"Yes sir."  Ramon Stonefish replied.

Kuroishi entered the comm center and looked down at the technician.

"I need a message sent to Admiral Daishi, currently assigned to Kaph squad.  Message is as follows: Situation has a puzzle, require relay to the problem solvers."  Kuroishi said as the tech began to work the console.

"The VEN Comm tech reports Admiral Daishi is currently engaged in battle.  He promises to alert the Adrimal as soon as he returns from combat."  The tech said after a few moments.

"That will be fine.  I shall be back on the lines."  Kuroishi said as he exited the comm center.

Soon things would either become more vague or more clear.  Either answer was beyond Kuroishi at the moment.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
June 13, 2004 8:21:11 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Did you really think you could get away? Rema was bearing down on the three Rebel soldiers who were dashing between trees. None of them were armed and Rema almost felt bad for killing them. Almost.

As he took the speeder into another wide loop, Rema opened up with the vehicles guns. Explosions ripped through the trees sending debris flying into the bodies of the fleeing Rebels. Two immediately fell to the ground, large splinters of wood jutting from their bodies. The third continued running up the small incline headed for a group of rocks. Rema know if he didnt get him before he reached the rocks, it would make it more difficult and take more time to get him.

As the Imperial came closer to the doomed rebel, the sky to the west brightened making Rema squint and lose sight of his target. He could hear blaster fire and could feel debris hitting his armor. Smashing the controls, Rema took his speeder in a blind arc. He thought he saw movement and something flashed on his stormtrooper view screen. With all the leaves and branches smashing into him, he couldnt see what it said. All of his attention was on trying to keep him from smashing into a tree. Rema quickly decelerated and brought his speeder lower to the ground. He headed straight for a tight group of trees still at high speed. With no time to maneuver, Rema ducked closer to the speeder and entered the thicket. Without even realizing how it happened, Rema was laying on his back staring up at the sky. He could hear a large object skid into the ground, and was quickly covered with a layer of dirt. Laying there dazed he stared up into the sky and could see birds flying high above. As he lay there he could hear the whine of an engine and the crunching of sticks as someone walked toward him. He figured this wasnt that bad a way to die. He had lived a decent life, he just wished he could have seen Coruscant free from rebel....

"Corporal are you ok?" came the metallic voice of a stormtrooper. A white clad head looked down at Rema, and a name appeared on the helmets view screen. PFC Zek Dark.

"Damn Private, you dont know how glad i am to see you." Rema said pushing himself up on his elbows. A inch layer of dirt covered him from head to toe. He could see his speeder 30 meters away dug into the ground. At least it isnt on fire.

"Yeah im glad to see you too. When i lost Sergeant Afyon back there I thought I would be wandering these woods forever." Zek told his XO."I tired my Comm. but it isnt working. I think they're jamming the lines."

"Yep they are." Rema said standing up. He brushed the remaining dirt off him, yet his white armor still had a brown tint to it. "Wait, you said you lost Afyon? Where? How?"

"We were just flying along and we got ambushed, i managed to get away unharmed but i saw Sergeant Afyon go down. Its maybe a click away from here." Zek said pointing off to the west.

"Alright. Come here and help me dig my speeder out." Rema and Zek walked towards the half buried speeder and starting moving the earth from around it. The speeder seemed to be well enough to drive; yet Rema still preferred a nice new shiny one when he got back to camp. After making a few minor repairs, Rema and Zek sped off heading toward Afyon's position.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
[This message has been edited by Rema (edited June 13, 2004 8:28:45 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
June 13, 2004 8:42:46 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon tried to regain control of the bike is it sped towards the ground, a long trail of smoke coming out the back of it.  As the altimeter passed 50, Afyon left from the bike and braced himself for impact.  A second later he felt a tree slam into the left side of his body and he bounced about ten meters away in a patch of moss.  The pain in his injured shoulder flared up causing him to scream in pain as he tried to wrestle himself into a position that would lessen it.  Suddenly, the tree above him exploded at about midheight as the final speeder bike behind him fired a burst at him, just missing.  The tree crashed down a couple meters from Afyon and lay smoking.  Afyon struggled into a sitting position against the tree and pulled out his pistol.  He was worried that a rebel patrol may appear if the biker had called for help.

He heard a high pitched whine approach rapidly behind him and saw shots hit the ground several meters in front of him as the bike raced back over.  Afyon aimed and fired two shots, the second hitting the trooper in the neck.  The trooper fell over the left handle of the bike and slammed into a tree, almost surely breaking his neck and killing him instantly.  The bike exploded a second later when it smashed into a tree in front of it.

Afyon took a deep and very painful breath and laid the pistol in his lap for a moment in order to reach for an additional cartridge to have ready if needed.  As he was doing that, he heard a lower pitched whine.  It sounded like a pair of speeders approaching from behind.  About fifty meters from the tree AFyon was sitting behind, the speeders stopped and he heard men getting off and walking towards him.  Obviously the biker had called for help and a rebel patrol had arrived.

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
June 14, 2004 7:10:48 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
The shield generator suddenly materialized from the fog in front of them, jumping out the smoke and rushing up to dispose of the front of the hijacked tank.
"Turn!" TK shouted down at the driver, who literally threw himself on the controls, sending the tank into a wobbly, sharp left curve. The tank groaned, its tracks leaving the earth as it was wrenched about at a high speed, before it slammed back into the ground and began to come about in a slow arc.
Jaw clenched, Kami braced herself for impact, but was instead plagued by an ear-splitting sequel as the side of the tank scraped along the wall of the generator, sending up a torrent of sparks that showered the two Dragoons.

"I think this is where we get off." Kami yelled as the tank lurched again, slamming its side deeper into the wall.
TK grimaced, then leapt off the left side of the speeder, followed closely by Kami and half a dozen troopers from Platoon B.
Landing lightly on her feet, Kami straightened and brought up her battered E-11, only in time to see the tank's driver attempt to jump from the tank....
....as it plowed headlong into a speeder...

The tank smashed almost effortlessly through the Moorja speeder, as well as the two stunned looking conscripts manning it, and continued on in a zig zag path back down the hill and away from the generator...dragging the pinned driver along with it.

"Leave him!"
TK's hand clamped firmly on hers,
"We have to get this generator down."
Ducking closer to the ground in an attempt to dodge the seemingly never ending stream of fire flying about her, Kami ran her eyes over the generator's solid wall.
"How?" She asked, stiffening slightly as a laser grazed past the side of her face, "I don't see them opening an entrance for us anywhere."
TK opened his mouth to reply, then threw himself to the side as a Moorja speeder flashed past, mounted guns blazing. A stray shot hit the regular next to Kami, dropping him to the ground with a muffled shriek and a curse.
TK fired a few wild shots after the speeder, glanced down at the trooper with a resigned look marring his features, then looked back to the Private
"Looks like we'll just have to make a way in."

-----------------------
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 14, 2004 7:29:40 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 14, 2004 8:06:09 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi looked at his squad.

They had been fighting almost non-stop since they had boarded the Golan 3 Thor.  Most troops would have been ineefective by combat fatigue by now.  Kuroishi knew that his troops had thier fair share but if the rebels could be kept inside the gauntlent the battle would be thiers in the hour.

After that everyone would have a well deserved break and hopefully there would be some news awaiting them.

More command vehicales had been destroyed in his brief absence from the combat lines.

"They are wavering in thier resolve.  One or two more commanders and we should have thier surrender."  Kuroishi said as he began to check the displays to find thier latest victims.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
June 14, 2004 2:13:15 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish surveyed the tactical plans laid out on one of the hotel dining tables. The detailed satellite photographs were covered in hastily drawn messages showing damaged and destroyed buildings, and markers showed the last known positions of enemy troops. With Kuroishi out of the loop for an hour or so while he contacted his counterpart in the Navy, Stonefish was left to consider the tactical options left to Wraith and the few squads of regulars who had joined them.

The regular troops had brought with them a few repeating blasters, and some of the buildings close in to the spaceport had fallen in a useful fashion. The Wraith second-in-command activated his comm and went to work.

A few minutes later, the members of Wraith were scattered across the gauntlet some distance behind the main republic line, laden down with packs full of hastily prepared explosive charges. The Wraith troopers passed through their pre-planned routes, placing the charges at the specified locations, and moving into covered positions near the rear quarter of the main enemy concentration. When everyone was set, Stonefish gave the order to commence detonation.

The farthest charges went off, launching mortar rounds into the republic positions. A few seconds later, the republic comm-techs picked up transmission fragments.

Around a minute later, a further round of mortar charges detonated, landing amongst the republic infantry to devastating effect. The republic troops, shaken already by a lack of any officers above the rank of Lieutenant, began to retreat further into the gauntlet, toward the waiting gun emplacements.

Soon after, the third rank of charges activated, and the republic troops heard sounds of approached infantry and barked commands echoing across the gauntlet. As they looked for the approaching troops, the fourth set of charges detonated, and the carefully shaped and timed explosives fired thousands of projectile rounds into the republic position. As this happened, the Wraith troops also opened fire, and began barking orders to the various ghost platoons closing on the republic position.

A final round of mortar shots sealed their fate as the remaining troops broke and ran into the waiting gun emplacements. Expecting troops from behind, they were unready for the heavy fire that poured out from the ruins around the spaceport, and were cut down by a withering hail of blaster fire. As the first of the Wraith troops moved into view, they saw the republic troops laying down weapons and raising their hands in surrender.

*A few minutes later in the Hotel Edmonton*

"Are the last of the prisoners secure?" Kuroishi asked of Captain Argento, commander of the regulars supporting Wraith.

"Yes, Sergeant, they are secure."

"Very good, thank you Captain," Kuroishi turned to Stonefish, "Quick thinking, Fish. Signal HQ we have the spaceport and surrounding region locked down."

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 15, 2004 6:36:15 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
"Sir!"
One of the regulars pointed a few hundred meters along the shield generator wall, drawing the Dragoons attention towards where a large group of Moorja conscripts were stubbornly holding their ground against the invading Imperials,
The soldier turned his helmeted head in TK and Kami's direction "They're either really really stupid...or they're acting as the designated door guards."
Kami grinned at the regular, "Eye for details hey?"
TK's grin matched Kami's, "Good work. This saves us from trying to blow this hunk of concrete to pieces."
The soldier shrugged, reached down to his belt and tossed the duo a grenade each, "I say we burn the sympathizers."
Kami threw TK a nonchalant shrug, "Seems like a good idea to me."
TK flashed her a thumbs up, then turned and sprinted towards the conscript's position.
Kami charged after him, the Platoon B troopers at her heels.

Leaping over the dead or dying littered about the small battlefield, Kami and the others came to within a hundred meters of the conscripts before they noticed their approach. One of the recruits shouted out, and brought her rifle around to focus on Kami, who reacted instantly, dropping down to her knees in time to dodge the first shot which flew sizzling over the top of her head. The Platoon troopers opened fire at Kami's back, providing enough of a cover to allow TK and Kami to come back to their feet, dive behind the cover provided by an upturned Rebel speeder, and launch their grenades full pelt towards the doorway. The female conscript screamed out shrilly amidst the gunfire, catching the attention of her twenty so companions, who looked up just in time to see Kami's grenade strike the screaming recruit squarely on the head....

The girl barely had time to blink

The grenade blew...sending half the recruits straight up into the air like rag dolls...
A split second later, TK's grenade hit home, blowing the remainder of the group away in the breeze.  Sheltered safely by the bulk of the speeder, Kami and TK were moving as soon as the blistering wind died down, leaping out from behind shelter and charging forwards towards a now clearly revealed doorway. Kami was first through the heavy blast doors, skidding into the metal corridor with her knife in her left hand and her rifle in her right. Seeing no immediate targets, Kami lowered the barrel of her rifle and turned to see her dusty sergeant slide through the doorway.
"Why was the door open?" Kami wondered aloud, looking down the bare hallway as the rest of the Platoon jammed into the narrow corridor.
TK motioned back towards the remains of the conscripts, "They could have been running, but got pinned down at the doorway."
Kami bit down a feeling of disgust, "...cowards..."
She saw TK motion from where he had moved further down the hall, "Kami, c'mon, we need to keep moving."
Sheathing her knife, Kami turned away from the charred soil of the entryway, and threw a her sergeant a self-assured smile,
"Lead the way Sarge."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 15, 2004 6:41:34 AM)]
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
June 15, 2004 10:42:29 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    After all the fighting and the surrendering of the rebels Rizzit ordered the Raiders to supervise the regulars on the roundup of the prisoners. Watching the regulars take all the gear from the rebels was boring but they would be able to rest afterwards and take a break before moving again. Walking over to Snipes, FlyingKnight wanted to strike up a conversation.
    Taking out some vanilla flavored waffer rations Knight said, "Hey Snipes, do you have any idea where we are headed next?"
    "I don't really have a clue, but I heard maybe the dark jedi are going to join us soon," Snipes responded taking a waffer.
    "Thats good now we can have all of the squad together again," Knight said after eating a whole ration.
    "Anyways lets get these prisoners rounded up and finished so we can get some R & R," Snipes said smiling.
    "Sounds like a great idea," Knight said pushing a rebel that was staggaring behind the rest.

**1 hour later**

With all the prisoners rounded up and situated the Dominion was going to send some transports down to pick up the prisoners for interrogation and imprisonment. After all the watching the Raiders did they were able to take some R & R before moving again. Finding, for the most of the part untouched, restaurant the tired stormtroopers walked in and sat down.
    "So anyone want to make some food?" JR said taking off his helmet.
    "I will make some coffee if anyone his interested," Knight said doing the same and heading for the kitchen.
    "Make a lot because we all need it," Snipes said looking around to see everyone nodding in agreement.
    Walking into the kitchen Knight saw a coffee maker and started to prepare it to make his special brew. Finding some coffee beans he also found some exotic coacoa beans from Kubindi that he mixed in. Grinding them for a certain period of time he put them in the coffee pot and waited. Making a big batch he took out the pot and brought it to the waiting troopers.
    "Smells good," JR smiled.
    "My own special blend it will make anyone be able to run a mile in full combat gear." Knight said smiling. "I am going to bring the rest of this over to the Wraiths to see if they want any."
    "Good idea," Rizzit said taking a cup.
    Walking out of the restaurant and toward the hotel Knight was eager to see what the Wraiths thought of his rejuvinator drink.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

June 15, 2004 3:42:32 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Wraith squad was clustered around a table in the hotel Edmonton dining room, poring over satellite photographs of a region three hundred kilometres south of their current position. The terrain became rocky in that area, rising up into a short series of peaks before sinking into the equatorial ocean. A thermal image on one side of the table showed a series of strong heat blooms surrouding one of the handful of peaks that made up the Ilium range, as it was known.

"And that is the best my sources could come up with," continued Kuroishi, "The remainder of the Moorja Defense Force, and the Republican Guard on the planet have fallen back to this facility, and are digging in for a siege. I've already had Fury on comm, and we have a go to infiltrate and recon the facility. He needs to know whether it's worth saving before his trigger happy staff on the ground nuke it into oblivion."

"We getting any help on this one, boss? I mean, no offence, but we're in pretty beat up shape after that last battle," Mandor chipped in.

"Raiders are coming with us, while the Dark Dragoons, and Colonel Timms' brigade mop up their end of the battle."

"Speak of the devil," said Stonefish looking over toward the door.

"What?" Knight looked somewhat perplexed, "were you guys just talking about us?"

"Contact your squad," Kuroishi told him, "We have new orders, and the clock is ticking."

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 15, 2004 5:08:13 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi looked at the offered coffee.

'At least unlike Peacemaker's a spoon won't stand in it."  Kuroishi said as he grabbed some.

Kuroishi looked around and knew there had been much fighting and much left to go.

It didn't seem like he had been in the comm center for an hour just to have a message delivered.  It would take hours for GUESSWORK to compile and send back everything they had been tasked to gather.

The latest recon mission tasked to Wraith had put Kuroishi in a bad mood.

He'd just organized the slaughter of thousands of rebel troopers and there were still those who would defend this worthless world.  It was enough to make him want to pull the trigger on the artillary himself.

Only 160 rounds left for his sniper rifle.  Kuroishi was now willing to use a level of brutality and vicousness not seen since the days of the Fallen Angels as standard proceedure for the rest of this campaign.

Too much battle in too short of a time.  There would be another war crime to Kuroishi's name before the day was out.

Grabbing comdet blasting blocks and smoke grenades Kuroishi had a feeling an assault was going to be the order of the day.

"Let's get moving."  Kuroishi ordered after grabbing his supplies.

Kuroishi boarded the transport that would take them to the site of the last stronghold.

"20 credits says the boss is going to burn someone alive on a stake."  Argon whispered to Stonefish.

"I'll take the entrails as decorations since he doesn't have any napalm with him."  Fish replied.

Kuroishi knew the two troopers could read his mood.  He didn't care.  Besides it wouldn't be fair for him to bet on what he was going to do.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
June 16, 2004 7:59:45 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Rema slammed on the speeders brakes bringing the scout vehicle to a grinding stop. Rema looked off to the left and turned up the audio in his helmet. The chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves was all he could hear. Turning the audio down, Rema sped off again with Zek leading the way towards Afyon's last know position.

Rema moved another couple hundred meters before he slammed on his brakes again. This time he didnt bother checking with his audio, he knew what he heard. Blaster shots. With a confused Zek staring at him, Rema turned around on his bike.

"Check your weapons and make sure they are juiced up. Follow directly behind me." Rema said swinging himself around a slamming a fresh clip of tibanna gas into his SC-2 carbine. Re-adjusting himself in his seat, he gunned the speeders engine and blasted off. Zek followed only ten meters behind him. If Rema had to stop fast, things would not be good.

Taking a chance, Rema quickly flicked his helmet to infrared vision and could see human figures moving around ahead. He switched back to normal view and slowly began to decrease speed. The distant blaster shots Rema could hear earlier were now loud and close by. With the infrared, the Corporal could see seven figured surrounding a fallen down log. Ducked down behind that log was another figured. Geez Gunny, what did you get yourself into.

Rema again slammed on the brakes not remembering Zek flying behind him. Luckly Zek anticipated Rema's move and stopped right next to him. Jumping off their speeders, the two Imperials moved foward towards a man made clearing. Rebels could be seen from behind fallen trees shooting at Afyon's position. The white form of the Gunny could be seen trying to make use of what cover he could.

"Zek, stay here. When i fly out into the clearing, shoot the rebels as they pop up to shoot me. Got it?"

Zek Nodded.

Rema jogged over to his speeder and prepared to fly into a bad situation.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 17, 2004 8:00:47 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami let out a long melodramatic sigh as she wiped her knife's blade clean for what seemed to be the twentieth time in the last ten minutes.
We're going round and round in circles...

The two Dragoons, and their now flustered Platoon comrades, had charged into the generator with weapons bristling, only to find a series of complex intertwining corridors blocking their path.
Kami and TK (in an ineffective attempt to cover more ground) had spilt up, taking half of the Platoon each...only to lose track of one another completely....

Kami glanced up as the roof shook viciously above her head.
The noise of the ensuing battle outside had died to a few quiet thuds, followed by series of violent tremors, which shook the roof of the metal corridors with surprising strength. Kami watched closely as tremors plagued the roof again.
We must be moving away from and below the entryway...

A muffled scream drew her attention back to where a few of the Platoon B soldiers were unsuccessfully trying to force directions out of a scared prisoner. So far, the only resistance the invaders had met with were a few Moorja citizens bearing rusty blasters, and a couple of extremely disorientated Rebel technicians.
...and each time but one, they'd found themselves skewered on the edge of Kami's knife with barely a split second to react...

Kami sighed loudly again, gaining an irritated look from Lance Corporal Davies, a particularly pride-ridden member of Platoon B
"That's not helping you know." He muttered, strain showing clearly on his face as he looked down another dark series of passageways.
Kami sighed again, threw the Corporal a lopsided grin, and turned about to examine her surroundings for quite possibly the fiftieth time in the last minute.

"You know what I could really go for right now..." Kami said to no-one in particular,
"A nice cup of coffee..."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 17, 2004 6:01:54 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 17, 2004 11:22:56 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas stayed put in his spot in the office building overlooking the gauntlet.

He had been here for a few days now, and had heard the rumbling and explosions of explosives being set off.

All this while, Lukas had stayed positioned in his sniping spot, picking off Rebels as they tried to flee from the oncoming flood of fire and shrapnel.

Lukas had been taking orders from his squad leader, Kuroishi, and had been listening over the communcations headset from various meetings.

"I will start heading towards were you guys are going..and this will be extremely fun..", Lukas said with a smirk on his face.

"That is..unless you would like me to stay here and remain sniping", He added while talking to Kuroishi.

"Lukas, you may come to were we are going, we will need you and the rest of the squad as well", he heard Kuroishi saying over the comm.

"Alrighty then, roger that Kuroishi", Lukas commented.

Lukas re-loaded his sniper rifle and picked up his sniper rifle, as well as the case to it and walked down the 28 flights of stairs.

As soon as he got to the bottom, he checked out into the gauntlet to make sure it was clear and began to head South.

"Kuroishi, if you guys get there before I do..just let me know and I will pick up the pace..", he whispered into the comm.

Lukas slinged the case onto his back and had the sniper rifle clutched in his other hand.

He began jog at a fast pace, towards the Wraiths new position.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Squad: Wraith
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

June 17, 2004 9:09:11 PM    View the profile of Fury 
"Hold all units.  Firm up the lines and pass along all the ammo and warm food we can provide.  There's no use chasing these idiots around the planet."  Over the past couple days, Timm's troops and the other regular army units had been pursuing, then executing increasingly smaller bands of enemy fighters.

Moorjay had capitulated smartly and was always back to a wary, but busy, sense of near normal behavior.  A corridor through the Naval lines was allowing trade to resume in limited fashion, with the obvious random boardings and groundside hold searches in place.

Then there was the "Enclave" as the line grunts were calling it.  Throughout a set of foothills, the remaining enemy concentration was digging in for a long fight.  While many thousands had surrended and were mostly detached to clean-up efforts in lieu of being shipped behind the lines, the remaining battalions were just as eager to fight the Empire as they were from Day One. 

The picture was becoming clearer when some injured hard-cases were investigated by Intel.  The New Republic, desperate to shore up their borders, had filled the ranks with forces they normally wouldn't parade around on their precious Holonet propaganda channels.  Imprisoned smugglers, criminals, terrorists. slavers and other various types of living filth were now wearing NR uniforms as an alternative to sitting on a prison world. They literally had nowhere to run and no reason to surrender.

Obviously, Intel had no good sense and merely executed the wounded Enemy of the Empire whenever they found them until cooler heads kicked them out of the med tents. Equally as obvious, word had gotten back to the remaining holdouts. 

Timms was considering more nukes, but wanted to try to starve the remaining enemy out and see if they could ensure the troops safe passage back to some backwater world away from the VE's path.

In the meantime, he was ordered to stand down and wait out the enemy.  The stormtroopers were essentially done with their tasks and were only pursuing recreational hunting as far as they were concerned.

Surely new orders would come for them soon as well.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

June 20, 2004 1:53:18 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Kuroishi peeked over the log, macrobinoculars in hand, and surveyed the run up to the vent shaft the Imperial troops would be using to enter the enemy complex. The view was partially blocked by the dense foliage, but he could see a short squad of guards patrolling through the area. This was the second pass by a patrol in ten minutes, and this squad was different than the first. Ducking back down, Kuroishi turned to his assembled troops.

"Looks like ten minute patrols, which is going to cut it a little close. We may have to find concealment a little closer than this before we make our break," he informed his men.

"What's the vent look like?" asked Stonefish.

"Standard military vent, nothing a plasma torch won't cut."

"Okay, assuming worst case, and the vent's triple-stacked duralloy-carbon composite, it will take me and my torch about four minutes to make a hole big enough, and with a four minute run up there, that's only two minutes to get everyone through the vent."

"Like I said, it's gonna be close. Mission recap: we get in, we take a look around, and we get out again. Command is waiting on us before they can activate the next phase of the mission. Everyone ready?" the stormtroopers nodded almost in unison, "Then let's move out!"

As one, the crack Imperial troops moved out from cover and sprinted toward the ridgeline below the patrolling troops. They would wait there until the next patrol passed before making a break for the vent itself.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 21, 2004 8:00:03 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi began to curse as his comm beeped in his ear.

"Wraith one here."  Kuroishi spoke quietly into his comm as he advanced.

"High General Fury has ordered all units to hold position and await supply."  Came the voice of the all too familiar comm tech.

Again Kuroishi began to mentally curse.

They were almost to the point of no return, question was would he be able to reign in his troops in time or would he have to go forth with the operation?

[Dinner time or I'd post more]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

June 22, 2004 10:47:13 PM    View the profile of Fury 
The spaceport secured and back in relative operation, the plans were now being set into motion. 

As usual, the Army went nowhere without fine quartermasters and this operation would require some quick resource gathering. 

Already two captured craft from escaping New Republic forces were back on the ground, being refitted for hyperspace travel.  They were technically capable of it, but apparently Moorja was not a repairman's paradise.  Much maintenance had been overlooked since the planet became a prime border world. 

Uniforms were washed and other arrangements had been made for the various squads.

The mere mundane activity of watching the supply clerks running about and the mechanics meander between repair jobs was boring him to death.  He had hoped not to step foot on this rock at all, but the next phase of the mission was still in flux.  He had to deliver the high notes and not much else.

He had already discussed Jester's part of the mission with Merrick.  Similar to her long term  insertion into the Eriadu defense grid, her squad was already enroute to the long-captured Danthe Venture, the ship that was to be used in the Alisandor mission that was pre-empted by other more important galactic events. 

Merrick was already back into form as Jix Midanyl and would lead her band of traders into Yag'Dhul with either a valid cargo or some oddball ship malfunction.  To be honest, Fury didn't want to know how they got aboard one of the shipyard facilities...and definitely did not want to hear about the final body count.

Wraith squad was itching for a knock-down, drag-out fist fest and he was tempted to give it to them.  The Dark Dragoons were to pose as escaping troops from Moorjay, hauling with them the Raiders as accurate and believable prisoners.  All he needed was to rustle up a Dark Jedi to be one of the prisoners.  Hopefully such an arrangement could be made.

So...one squad gone, the others itching for a fight.  And Wraith possibly going into the enemy's lair as their own selves as a diversion...if he could find a way to set it up as something less than a deathwish.

Anyway, that's what staff meetings were for...to get better ideas than he had running through his mind.

At least he'd left the captain in orbit.  Even that small change was making him think more clearly.

-----------------------
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 23, 2004 1:59:20 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Davies glanced back from where he was looking down an elevator shaft that the Platoon had jammed open, "Long way down."
Kami slung her E-11 over her shoulder then walked over to stand next to the Lance Corporal, looking down the dark shaft in an unsuccessful attempt to spy the bottom, "Is this a shield generator or a black hole?"
To her surprise Davies let out a grunt of laughter.
"Warming up to me sir?"
Davies rolled his eyes at the Dragoon, "Getting used to you."

"Sir," A Platoon B trooper held out a comlink, "It's the sergeant."
Davies snatched the comlink, "Yessir?"
TK's voice drifted through the speakers, "No luck so far Corporal. We'd need a map to find even a bloody restroom in this place."
Kami smiled, opened her mouth to answer, then halted as light caught the corner of her eye. Spinning to her right, Kami glanced down the dank concrete corridor, her hand on her blaster.
Davies noticed the slight shift in her behavior and gave the private a questioning look.
Kami took a few uncertain steps forwards before she saw the flash of light again, this time resolving itself in three long flashes, three short flashes and another three long flashes.
"S.O.S" She whispered, swinging her rifle about to point in the direction of the signal.

Davies whispered quickly into the comm unit, clipped it onto his belt and signaled for the rest of the troopers to move up behind Kami. "After you sugar."
Kami scowled at the Lance Corporal, then began to walk swiftly and silently down the hallway, the light provided from the passageway behind them dying as Kami rounded a corner, leaving the Imperials surrounded in a murky darkness. Straining her ears to pick any sound apart from the soft breath of Davies at her left shoulder, Kami felt her toe catch on an upraised segment of floor and came to an immediate halt. She saw the light flash again, closer now, and as Davies whispered a series of commands... his squad switched on their searchlights and swung up their weapons...

...to reveal two Rebel troopers cowering in a doorway...and one very large, very fragile looking shield power generator...

Kami shot the first trooper in the neck, while Davies swung his rifle butt into the face of the other.
Grinning like an idiot, Davies raised a triumphant fist into the air, 
"Call your sergeant, and tell him to expect some pretty fireworks real soon..."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 23, 2004 7:54:53 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

June 23, 2004 8:55:58 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon kept close to the tree, trying to stay covered as the rebels slowly approached his position.  He had his pistol out and ready to fire, hoping to kill as many as possible before he was killed.  In the background, he could hear a high-pitched whirl.  He shook his head, thinking it was simply his head ringing from the pain of his injuries and possible shock setting in.  The sound got louder quickly and suddenly he heard something screech to stop.  Afyon turned his head slightly to look back but then he turned it back when he heard shots fired.  An enemy near him dropped like a rock, a small firing burned for a second at the spot where a shot had hit him in the chest.  Afyon waited anxiously as screams and shots could be heard all around him.  Suddenly, two figures, both clad in white armour were standing over him.

"Got yourself in a little trouble Gunny?" Rema asked as he put out his hand.  Afyon grabbed it and struggled to his feet.

"Nonsense, I could have taken them.  You had to show up and wreck my fun."  Afyon replied with a weak smile.

"Let's grab a speeder and get out of here."  Zek said anxiously.

"Alright, you two get back on your bikes, I'll take the speeder.  What's the situation up at the generator?"  Afyon asked ashe slowly made his way to the speeder.  When he arrived he climbed into the driver's seat.

"The enemy has been pretty badly battered, it has taken a while but they are being forced back into the facility."  Rema replied.

"Alright radio Platoon A, tell them to get their asses up here at once, and make sure they bring their tanks.  Ask them to have the other platoons surround the generator and shoot any enemy trying to leave.  Once the tanks arrive, we will have them bombard the generator structure.  This will not necessarily destroy the entire shield as the power will still be on but it will cause enough damage it to weaken the shield and severely destroy the facility.  With any luck, the enemy will emerge from the wreckage and surrender."  Afyon ordered.  He started up the speeder and began to move towards the generator, Rema and Zek on either side escourting him.

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 24, 2004 6:47:52 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
The power core room was enormous.
Bare metal walls surrounded the circular room, sporting layers upon layers of monitoring equipment and security camera's. Kami walked along the railing of the second floor ramp, which lead directly over the core's face, watching as the Platoon B troopers set to work hooking up every piece of explosive equipment they could carry or find to the various structures.
"You missed a spot!" Davies ran forwards from the doorway to harass a member of his team, "Do we want this thing to blow or not? Hey?!"

Kami walked down the stairs of the ramp, and jumped the last few meters back to the metal floor. An exceptionally talented slicer from Platoon B sat near a computer console near her, his fingers moving across the keyboard in a blur. He glanced over his shoulder, acknowledged the Dragoon with a nod, then turned back to his screen.
"Those two Rebels were the power core's last defense. They'd been sending out distress signals for over two hours and apparently were reassured that reinforcements were on the way. So, they switched off the lights, turned off everything but the power core and crouched in for a wait."
Kami flashed the trooper an ironic smile, "Handy for us. Have you located TK and the others yet?"
The trooper's helmeted head dipped in a nod, as he pointed to the numerous screens surrounding the computer console, "Security camera's on every single corner of every single hallway." He pointed to a small screen in the upper left hand corner, where TK and the other troopers of Platoon B were waving at the camera.
The slicer flicked on his comm., "We can see you sir, you're currently on the fourth level..." he stopped to examine the schematics of the generator, "And just around the corner from a lift system I've just activated to take you back to the top."
TK sketched a small bow on front of the camera, "Thanks for the ride, we'll head up groundside and cover your asses as you run for cover."
Kami watched as the group turned and disappeared from the camera's view.

"Well..." Kami turned about to see a scowling Davies at her shoulder.
"It's done, finally," Davies announced, eyebrows furrowed as he examined his teams work, "So lets get out of this maze and back to the fight."

A few seconds later, Kami and the rest of the squad were in the lift, zooming back towards the surface. Loading her last clip into her E-11, Kami double checked her blasters, and then waited impatiently for the lift doors to slide open.
When they did, the Imperials were hit with a violent rush of noise, as the sounds of the still ensuing battle shook the generator's walls.

Shouting over the screams of battle, Davies lead the way back to the entrance where TK and the rest of the Platoon were firing out of the cover of the doorway. Skidding to a stop next to her sergeant, Kami threw him a grin, "Long time no see sir."
TK grinned back, then let off a volley of shots out of the doorway, "You ready?"
Kami nodded, and at Davies signal, the Imperials threw themselves out of the generator's doorway and into the chaotic mess beyond...

Leaping and weaving at TK's side, Kami guessed they had covered a bare few hundred meters of ground before a grinning Davies held up his left hand, flashed the explosive trigger in Kami's direction...
...then flicked the switch...

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 24, 2004 6:58:18 PM)]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

June 26, 2004 6:10:29 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
(O.C.C. Sorry about posting twice in a row, just wanted to get the generator over and done with )

The first sign that anything had gone wrong was the roar of noise which seemed to drill up through the earth towards where Kami and the others were still running for cover. Glancing over her shoulder, Kami saw the generator sag, its structure bending and setting off the screech of a dozen alarms at the same time. A bare second later the earth heaved under her feet, dirt flying into the air in huge clumps, showering the fighting forces and sending them flying off their feet.

Then suddenly it was over.

Her ears ringing, Kami realized that she had fallen to her knees involuntarily. Shoving her hands into the newly churned ground, she pushed herself to her feet and looked back towards the generator.
The structure remained relatively unchanged, though a section near the back of the generator had collapsed completely inwards and disappeared from view. Fires were visible through cracks in the concrete walls, as well as the flashing of red, green and yellow lights.
Kami jumped as a keening filled the air, before she realized it was omitting from a siren attached to the roof of the generator.  She grinned and shook a large clump of dirt from her arm. Power was down.

The remaining Rebel and Moorja forces looked at the generator, seemingly in shock, before one let out a scream of retreat and began to sprint away from the generator and down the hill. It was more than enough for the rest of the Rebels....
Throwing weapons to the ground, they turned tail and fled, streaming towards safety as fast as their legs could carry them. Realizing that her rifle was still slung over her shoulder Kami picked one of the Rebel soldiers out, then shot her twice in the back.
TK, who was still standing at her side, followed suit, shooting down two conscripts as they crossed his line of fire. This sparked off the rest of the Imperials, who began to let off volleys with enthusiasm, knocking down Rebels in groups of two's and three's.

"It's not enough!" Davies was suddenly at Kami's back, firing as he spoke, "We can't cut them all off!"
Kami stopped firing long enough to see that he was right.
At least a hundred Rebels had made it halfway down the hill and were now only a few hundred meters from the tree line. Once they were in the forest, the Imperials would have more than a hard time trying to track them down...
Resisting the urge to swear, Kami gunned down another conscript as he tried to leap a log, "Dammit! They're going to get away!"

A roar cut off TK's reply, and together, the two Dragoons glanced up to see half a dozen tanks roar into view, blocking the path of the fleeing Rebels. Now effectively trapped between Platoon A and the Imperials shooting down from the generator, the Rebels began to drop to their knees and throw their hands up in surrender. A minute later, the Imperial forces were among them, disarming and beating their new prisoners into lines. Jogging down the hill after her sergeant, Kami let out a laugh as two figures came into view, riding on top of the leading tank. As the tank rolled up in front of Kami and the others, Rema threw her a wink, then leapt down to the ground,
"Looks like we arrived just in time."

TK reached over and clapped the Corporal on the shoulder, before reaching up to help Afyon to the ground, "How you holding up Gunny?"
Afyon winced, "I've been better."
The roar of a speeder announced Zek's arrival. The private took one look at Kami and TK's dirt caked, mud streaked appearance and raised one eyebrow, "Where have you two been?"
Kami sighed as TK burst out laughing, then shook another huge clump of dirt from her back, causing Afyon to wrinkle his nose in disgust at the two disheveled Dragoons
"You two need a shower...
consider that an order...."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 26, 2004 6:22:55 AM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
June 26, 2004 6:44:52 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Jester had finally been pulled out of Moorjay and given their new orders. With the exception of the loss of Shadow, Jester had come out of their first mission in reasonable shape. Both Merrick and Aeon's wounds were treated and hadn't been serious enough to keep them out of action. The squad was now on their way to rendezvous with the Danthe Venture and then continue on to the Yag'Dhul shipyards. They were all dressed as traders and using fake names, Merrick as her former undercover persona Jix Midanyl. Some of the squad seemed uneasy without their trusty armour, but they'd forget about that soon as most of them were eager to get back to work killing the enemy... and anything else that moves.

Merrick stood up and everyone stopped talking and looked at her. "Ok so we're nearly there, and I thought I should tell you what we're actually doing. Those of you who have been here for a while would remember our.. interesting.. method of boarding a ship a while back. Well, that ship is now to become our cover. We're traders heading for the Yag'Dhul shipyards. Our ship is going to malfunction on the way past, and so get us legitimate entry to the yards. After that, what we do won't be so legitimiate." There was some short-lived laughter. "We need to take these yards in tact. The people in them don't matter so much." Most of the squad was grinning or laughing as she sat down, as always eager to kill stuff. Having the high command's permission was just a bonus. As she'd hoped, no one asked why this and not something else was the next phase, because that was something she couldn't answer either. Fury hadn't been happy when she'd asked him.

When at last they rendezvoused with the Venture Jester quickly switched ships, got used to calling each other by their false names and familiarised themselves with the ship again. It was reasonably different from the last time they had seen it, having an in tact hull and working engines this time. There was also no cargo on board, and no enemy troops to take care of.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
June 28, 2004 1:48:31 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Images flashed though Angel's mind as he sat in meditation at an undisclosed location. Images of friends long gone, places once vistited, enemies once slain, even things that have not come to pass. Not yet finely attuned to the Force to disseminate the images and discover the will of the Force, Angel let them flood his mind as he sorted through his memories.

Once a proud young man with a bright future, the death of his parents, then brother lead him to do things he thought he would forever regret. The anger... the shame...the guilt... the unabashed fear. All emotions which had cast him into the deepest, darkest pits of depression, he now fed on. He recited a well known ancient proverb in his mind. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to the Dark Side.

Upon the recitation of the proverb, the memory of his brother Jubei's death snapped into focus. The powerful emotions attached to it flooded his mind. Drawing upon the unwavering darkness in his mind, Angel channeled it through him, reaching out and focusing on objects he sensed either in, or absent from the Force.. Slowly he lifted his training saber, desk chair, astromech unit and twin IR-5 intimidators into the air.

Furrowing his brows in intensen concentration, he began to move the objects around him. The four airborne pieces wove around the room in an intricate dance. The inopportune passerby would have taken it for the dance of mythical creatures, or the circling of vultures around their prey.

Sweat poured from Angel's brow as the memories faded and the Darkness began to recede into the back of his mind, fading in intensity. He regulated his breathing, trying to maintain the intricate control needed to perform such a feat. Deeply focused on the task at hand, he missed the appearance of a familiar Force presence entering the room. The mystery man had buried his connection so deep, that even if Angel had been paying attention, he would have very easily missed the new entry into his chambers.

Suddenly and without warning, the new presence opened himself fully to the Force, blossoming in Angel's mind, filling it with such pitch black darkness, that all attempts at concentration were broken, and the flying objects crashed arouned him.

Stretching out his arm, Angel caught the falling saber, and, without opening his eyes, greeted the new arrival. "Greetings my master." Angel said, standing up and bowing to the man. His physical appearance was not yet revealed, as he was clad in his dark black cloak, hood drawn over his face. "What brings you to my chambers?"

"You have been called Adept Phoenix." The man pulled back his hood, revealing the youthful countenance of Japheth. "But might I just say that I am impressed by the progression of your control. Few have such at an early stage."

Phoenix bowed gratefully in acknowledgement of the compliment.

"High General Fury has requested a Dark Jedi to accompany a squad on the next mission." Japheth went on, "We find it very important that our latest endeavor prove successful, as we long to return to the seat of power in the Galaxy. Therefore, as possibly our most talented apprentice, you have been chose for this mission as a means to prove yourself."

"What am I to do, master?"Angel responded, bowing again.

"We have recovered your ship from Dantooine a few weeks ago, in preparation for your departure. You will take the ship and rendezvous with the Dominion in orbit around Moorja. There you will take full control over your squad. Fury will finish your briefing there."

Not waiting for a response, knowing full well that Phoenix would carry out his duty, Japheth turned to leave the chamber.

Angel watched the retreating form of Japheth fade into the darkness, then turned and began packing his few belongings.

*                                                *                                                        *                                                *

Boarding the Avenger, Angel's personal cloakshape class fighter, Angel stored his gear and began his pre-launch checklist. All test light came back green, and Angel settled in the cockpit as his astromech bleeted the confirmation of a successful launch check.

"Thanks Batty," Angel said into his ships comm, using the name he had given his astromech. He had chosen the name after the R5 units sometimes eccentric behavior, going "batty" at times.

Switching over to standard, unsecured VE frequency, Angel addressed the control center. "Launch control this is the Avenger, prepped and ready for take-off. All systems are green and hot. Awaiting clearance."

The response came back immediately, as there was very little space traffic. "Roger that Avenger. Clearance granted. Safe journey, and may the Force be with you."

"And with you, control." Angel replied. Kicking in the repulsorlifts, Angel easily guided the aging fighter out of the hanger and into open air.

Angel activated the thrusters, flying low over the landscape. He found his designated exit vector and turned his nose upward, shooting for the sky, the stars ahead of him, and the mission that lay far beyond it all...

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi 
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/ASL/SSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited June 28, 2004 1:20:40 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 28, 2004 9:00:08 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
With the call to let the regulars finish mopping up Moorja Kuroishi could tell his squad was both glad for the break and angry for being called off at the last minute.

No word had come from his otherself for hours then suddenly there was a huge transmission as GUESSWORK had delivered it's promised compilation of data.

With time now to look over everything and consider possibilities, Kuroishi had two choices in front of him.  He could go forth with Project Death's Nest, or he could follow some of the intel before him and strike a more direct and decisive blow to the New Republic.

The problem with Project Death's Nest was to pull it off he needed pilots, he could easily call in allies and favors to get the assault forces and engineers he needed.  That meant he'd either need the support of the VEN or another squad of VEA troopers to fill the gaps pulling the qualified pilots from Wraith would create in his intended spearhead force.

The problem with his more direct blow would be that it would take months of preperation and preliminary strikes before the defenders would be in no position to resist the VEA regulars.

With little time to decide Kuroishi would have to default to the plan that required more time but less VE support unless someone approved Project Death's Nest.

The comm unit beeped indicating anothe message had come in.

It was typical Fury.  He'd learned long ago that when giving orders to any squad led by Kuroishi to not bother being specific.

The next planetary target would be Bestine.  It was time to gether the troops and dig an old ride out from hiding for a covert insertion.

A new brand of terror would be visited on the world and it would make the following invasion seem more like a liberation then an invasion.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited June 28, 2004 9:42:56 AM)]
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
June 29, 2004 7:51:29 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
The Danthe Venture streaked across the bleak white lines of hyperspace, its destination the Yagh'Dul shipyards. The ship was a bulky Mobquet cargo hauler with the ugliest lines imaginable. It was unassuming though, the port authorites would hardly guess that its cargo was a squad of elite recon Stormtroopers bent on their total annihilation.

What was interesting is that one of the ship's sublight engines were intentionally tinkered upon by Imperial engineers such that it would be rendered useless once they dropped out of hyperspace. This was the play. The shipyard authorities would beam them into a repair hangar under the false impression that the poor limping Danthe Venture was badly in need of repairs, and the action will start from there.

The plan was already laid out by Merrick during the briefing hours ago, now the squad were all taking short naps, playing a few rounds of sabacc, or just plain idling. Some were laid-back, while others restlessly paced the decks hoping to kill time.

Hashi slowly drew his breath in and eased his tensed up muscles, closing his eyes to ponder on Jester's next mission. He was glad they were finally pullled off Moorja and finally given a new target to strike. The fighting on the planet was becoming too bogged down, units were taking their own diddly sweet time to clear the planet of resistance.

"Where are we headed anywhere?" mused Raiden out loud, a blank look in his eyes. He must have slept through the briefing. Hashi cocked a dark eyebrow across the room, "Well the pilot thought we were headed for your mother's house. So far I think he's right because all this looks familiar." There was a bit of a giggle. "That's real cute, Hashi."

"Anytime, anywhere!"

He shifted uncomfortably in his new disguise. He had traded his immaculate Scout Trooper armour in for a galactic trader's bewilderingly odd assortment of clothing more suitable for a discretionary take out of the shipyard's facilities. A techninian's garb was loosely attached to his chest, in addition to the loose-cut pants and the cheap, general humanoid boots.

He looked like a bloody tramper. The rest of the squad was outfitted in similar fashion. To top it all off, he was given a fake identity and for now, he was to go by the rather effiminate name of "Ivanna Humpchoo". Bullshit, he thought bitterly.

Weaponry consisted of a single heavy blaster pistol hidden under his garb and some blast packs. His Hieb & Stich knife would be especially useful. Of course, he would be on the lookout for more unorthodox weapons once they disembarked. Like a crowbar, or maybe a big old pipe wrench.

Hashi suddenly felt the ship jerk slightly as it reverted back into real space. Those who were napping suddenly snapped open their eyes. Cautiously, he made his way to the cockpit, and was greeted by the sight of a silent Merrick standing behind the pilot seat, trying to be as oblivious as possible.

"Contacts on the screen. Two Toscan fighters coming in to check us out. Must be a routine security scan," the co-pilot hissed.

Merrick shrugged it off, "Nothing to worry about. May I remind you we're just an innocent bunch of traders hauling our load of Arconan food spices. Don't do anything suspicious that would give them a reason to fire on us."

The pilot and his co-pilot eased in their seats noticeably. They started punching in the galaxy-wide recognized code for a ship in distress. A comm line was opened and the unfortunate situation was explained to the control room. The two toscans had went back to their usual patrol routes.

"Acknowleged, Danthe Venture. Stand by, our tractor beams will be pulling you in a few moments. You will receive further information upon docking," came the rather bored reply over the comn. Thankfully, sublight engines going out was standard routine and they had not aroused any suspicion. They did not even ask for the details of the blow-out. If security was this lax elsewhere in the shipyards, this would be easy.

As suddenly as he had appeared in the cockpit, Hashi wheeled on his heels and marched back out into his cabin, waiting for the hum of the tractor beams and ultimately, for the next phase of their mission.

-----------------------
Hashi Shiyun of Jester Squad
- ARC/SGT Hashi Shiyun/Jester/Storm PLT/VEA/VE [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

June 30, 2004 8:38:02 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
The Royal Barkalounger had been a companion on nearly as many advantures as the Fallen Angels or Wraith squad had been.

Having been specificly designed for covert operations the vessel was perfect for thier next mission.

Wraith squad was battered and beaten but this operation did not require nearly as much direct confrontation.

The squad had been assembled at the starport and all that was left was the briefing and for Reginold Greyscuttle to deliver the Royal Barkalounger to them.

"By now you all should have read the peliminary memo I sent to each of you.  This operation is going to be another test of our ability to operate covertly.  We will not have as much time as I'd like but if successfull we'll have the defenders worried as much about civil unrest as they will be about the impending invasion.  We will be striking Bestine with a kind of warfare that has never been exercised on the scale we are capable of.  Rules of Engagement are police and military only, no civilians are to be killed if at all possible.  We'll be hitting some rather unpleasent targets so be sure to wear something to filter out the smell and washes off easily.  If all goes according to plan we should not have to ever face an overwhelming force in direct battle.  We'll be supplied by both VE and GUESSWORK sources on this one.  If you need anything the supply frieghters of Task Force Death's Nest will are well stocked and will be on our way so we can drop off our good pilot.  Let's move."  Kuroishi concluded his briefing just as the Royal Barkalounger touched down at the starport.

The matte black paint job hid it's few battle scars and made the ship seem even more imposing against the light greys of the starport landing area and clouded skies.

It was a short jaunt to drop off Reginold Greyscuttle back with Task Force Death's Nest and then it was on to Bestine.  The Corvette Sweetums would arrive at the outer edges of the system beyond normal planetary sensor range and then it would begin it's job of monitoring troop movements in all nearby systems.  To protect it, they would be using an obscure non-affiliated IFF code and claim engine malfunctions if discovered.

Everything was set and in a couple of days Bestine would be before them.  It was time for the New Republic to fear a new squad of psycho terrorists.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

July 1, 2004 11:51:20 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Sand whipped and eddied around the landing struts of the Barkalounger as it stood deep in the equatorial desert. The sky stretched clear and deep blue overhead, free of cloud, wildlife, anything that would make the planet seem alive. The heat beat down like a hammer, warming the metal hull of the ship, and causing the air around it to shimmer and shift deceptively. Far out on the horizon, strange standing rocks stretched for the sky as if the land was begging for moisture. It was in this desolate location that Wraith had chosen to make landfall.

Stonefish adjusted his desert gear, the deep, flowing robes held the sand clear of his body and let it flow earthwards through the deep nooks and crannies of cloth surrounding his form. The other members of Wraith were garbed similarly, also adjusting their clothing while the speederbikes ran their self-diagnostics.

"Okay," said Kuroishi from the shade of the boarding ramp, "Let's go over the plan one more time. We head into the nearest population centres in fire teams, posing as big game hunters touring the area, my team will take the military targets, Fish's team will take government security targets, and Argon's team will be in charge of the automated civil targets. Remember we have about a month on this rock to cause as much unrest as possible before the main VE force arrives, and in that time I want absolute mayhem. Water and food shortages, power loss, wild animals roaming the town, security forces set upon by wild, angry mobs if we can arrange it," Kuroishi paused, "I'll see what I can sort out for that one. The one rule is: no collateral damage."

The other members of Wraith nodded their agreement as they prepared their gear, and readied themselves for the mission ahead. A few moments later, the boarding ramp of the Barkalounger sealed and the active camouflage device activated, causing the ship's hull coating to shift and shimmer as it blurred into the background. The speederbikes headed off in different directions, and soon all that was left was a strange howling sound as the wind caused the near invisible antennas on the Barkalounger to vibrate.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited July 1, 2004 3:35:38 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

July 1, 2004 8:51:26 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi was feeling a might bit prankish for his first target.  If all went well there would be no civilian deaths unless they had weak hearts or other rather unlucky defects to thier health.

He had waited until nightfall to enter the city.  With the successfull insertion there were no higtened patrols or malitia.  That made it possible for him to do his job by himself.  His idea was new and largely untried.

Sneaking into the sewage treatment facility was no problem for Kuroishi even in full environmentally sealed armor.  Walking carefully through the facility Kuroishi ducked the occassional surveylance camera with ease and placed his blasting blocks on key pieces of equipement.

He had designed this bit of demolition work so that a moment after his charges so that all the things that normally went down the drain would now come back up it with excessive force.

This was a crime that made even Kuroishi shudder at the sheer gross factor of what he was about to do.

Walking away from the facility Kuroishi heard an explosion behind him and the arrival of the Wraiths had been announced, though there was no way the authorities could figure out who had caused the terrorist attack.

Low Intensity Terrorism had been brought to Bestine and Bestine would suffer for it.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Afyon
ComNet Member

July 2, 2004 2:30:29 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon quickly ordered the tanks to begin capturing or killing the remaining rebel forces and the rest of the platoons quickly joined in and picked off the fleeing forces.  Those who did not run left the burning facility slowly, white flags raised high.  Once he had given the instructions, Afyon gathered the squad to him and they quickly jumped into a speeder to head towards the area where they were dropped off.

Twenty minutes later, the squad and its gear was on a shuttle racing back towards the ISD.  "Alright, everyone listen up."  Afyon ordered.  "Once we get to the ship, quickly disembark and grab yourself some food while I report in.  Odds are we will be getting another mission immediately so eat light nutrious food and be ready to ship back out again.  Ensure you get fluids in you."  He instructed.  The squad nodded, their eyes focused on their leader.  Afyon was impressed with his squad to date.  Most of them were new and some were almost entirely green but under the pressures of the situations they had been in to date, everyone had stepped up and performed well beyond what he expected of his troops.  Afyon winced as he adjusted himself in the seat and then went over a couple of other things with the squad.  After his after mission speech, Afyon laid his head back and closed his eyes.  None of them were going to get sleep anytime soon so any little bit of rest they could grab in flight would be vital.

When the shuttle landed, the squad quickly headed to grab some chow while Afyon made his wave to the command deck to report in for their next assignment.

-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:34:54 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 145  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >