Topic:  Chapter 8 : Army
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
July 3, 2004 6:51:34 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami stepped out of the refresher station after half an hour, finally having rid herself of the layers of Moorja mud. Wrapping a towel about herself, she heard the door to the quarters she was sharing with Zafo slide open.
"Yo Kami." She heard TK's voice as the smell of hot food wafted into the bathroom, "You want food or not?"
"Mmmm..." Zafo stuck his head around the corner of the doorframe and grinned at Kami, his cheeks bulging with food, "This is soooo good."

Chucking a boot at the other private, Kami quickly slid into some clothes, ran a brush through her hair, then skidded back into the main room, her stomach growling loudly.
"There better be something left or I..." She halted mid-sentence at the sight of the general smorgasbord spread across her bed, "Where did you get this from?
TK threw Kami an evil smile, "I have my sources."
Kami raised an eyebrow at the plate of jello green mush Zafo held up to her, "Light nutritious food?"
TK shrugged, then held up a bottle of water, "At least we're drinking healthy."
At another loud protest from her indignant stomach, Kami sighed in defeat and took the offered plate.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 3, 2004 6:56:13 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
July 3, 2004 8:32:07 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Rema sat in his dark, temporary quarters on the Dominion skimming over files on his datapad. It seemed the Dragoons were heading to Yag'dhul. He also noticed that the Raiders were going to be tagging along with them.

A sudden beep at the door signaled to Rema that he had a guest. Getting up and walking past Zek's sleeping body on the couch, Rema clicked for the door to open. Standing before him as he expected was Afyon.

"Hey Gunny. How did the briefing with the General go?" Rema asked as the two Imperials walked over to the table the Corporal came from.

"Good. The other squad are already on their way, so we have some catching up to do." Afyon said as he looked over to Zek. "How long has he been out?"

"Since five minutes after we got here." Rema replied pouring Afyon a drink. "So whats up?"

"Well, this mission should be fairly easy. More or less just like the attack on the golan." Afyon continued taking a sip from his drink. "The only thing that worries me is the state of the squad."

"What about it?"

"Well, the squad has combat experience, but they are still green. This is going to be a difficult mission that the Dark Dragoons werent exactly created for." Afyon said taking another sip of his drink. "I dont know, this is just going to be a tough one for all of us. We all still have our pains from Moorja, and it might hinder us." Afyon finished as he downed the rest of his drink. "Well i just came to tell you to gather the squad, im gonna hold a briefing in 10."

"Aye aye" Rema said watching Afyon exit the room. He turned to Zek and tossed a piece of paper at him. "Get up, time to get back to work."

------------------------10 minutes later--------------------------

"Ok everyone listen up!" Afyon began. The squad had assembled in a small conference room near the hanger bay. Afyon stood at the head of the table, with Kami, Zafo and TK sitting on the left, Zek and Rema sitting on the right.

"In case you havent heard, we are heading to Yag'dhul. Our objective is to take the command center controlling the defense of the system. With it down, the Navy flyboys will have an easy job taking care of the Rebel ships." Afyon pushed a button and an image of a space station popped up onto the screen. "I'll download this all into your datapad's so you guys know where things are."

"Gunny, how are we supposed to get into that thing? We flying in like we did with the Golan platforms?" TK asked.

"I was just getting to that. We are heading in undercover. We will take a beaten up rebel ship and head to Yag'dhul pretending to be fleeing rebels from Moorja. So once again we get to wear Rebel uniforms." A groan sounded from the squad.

"Get ready for some better news. Raiders will be accompanying us to Yag'dhul as imperial prisoners. Once we arrive at the station and go through a debriefing, we will meet up and hit the power to the station and get the Raiders out of the brig. Together we will take the command center controlling the defense of the system. We expect light defenses in the main station; mostly stun weapons. Once we get to the command center, things will heat up. Rules of engagement are as follows: Killing of all offworlders is acceptable. Limit the killing of the native life to Yag'dhul: the Givin. Since we are occupying these people, lets try and make them sort of like us. You will be briefed further once we get on the ship and are away. For equipment take only knifes and small blasters that wont clearly identify you as imperials. Any questions?" Afyon paused and looked around the room. "Good, ill see you on the ship in 30."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
[This message has been edited by Rema (edited July 5, 2004 12:35:33 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
July 4, 2004 8:20:30 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
For 15 minutes all that could be heard from Zafo's quarters was the constant prodding of feet on a hard surface. After all, he was about to embark on his first real mission. Simulations and training was now old news for him. He was going into the real world of war, getting hit by a blaster would no longer be a slight electronic tickle.

"You all right?" Zafo whirled around so quickly that he lost his balance and fell to the ground

"Well, that answers my question " Kami chuckled. She had entered the quarters without him noticing "Are you really That nervous?

"Well...It...is...my first...mission" replied Zafo, gasping for breath. Kami had clearly caught him off guard. "I was really stoked, only going in as rebels wasnt exactly what I had in Mind"

"Don't Worry, you'll be fine" Kami said reasurringly. "It's only after they find out we are imperials that you have to worry"

Zafo had stopped pacing by now but still had an empty look on his face. His face suddenly hardened, as it did he dove behind the table. He poked his head over the edge and began shooting with an invisible blaster, as if he were firing at a squad of rebels. He  jumped over the table and preformed a series knife stabbing moves.

A spark had been ignighted inside Zafo. All of a sudden he was no longer afraid. The color was back in his face and his expression was no longer one of nervousness. Kami was shocked at the sudden coming around of her fellow squadmate.

"Lets do this" Zafo mumbled as he strolled out the door... 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC ZaFo/DD?2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited July 5, 2004 7:01:49 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
July 5, 2004 12:22:52 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
As the Avenger blasted out of the atmosphere and escaped the clutches of the planet's gravity well, Angel laid in the course for Moorja in the Nav Comp.

"Three mircojumps out of Vast Empire space? You conforming this Batty?"

The astromech bleeted in return, followed by a series of warbled tones. The translation came through the ships computer and displayed on the screen.

"Yeah, but if we go around Lotaith that adds another 12 parsecs to the jump. It's already a 2 day trip, and I hate being cooped up like this."

Batty answered more insistantly this time.

"Alright, alright. Have it your way. Lay in the course and wake me when we get there." Rubbing his caloused hands over his face, Angel settled back in his seat and withdrew into himself.  Slipping into meditation, he didn't even notice the stars forming their shining tunnel around the cockpit, funneling him to his destination.

"I have feasted on the flesh of Fallen Angels...."

Alarms blared, and Angel bolted back into consciousness, drenched in sweat. The windows of his cockpit were fogged, the air scrubbers overloaded with moisture. A thick, musty smell saturated the air, and Angel's noise burned with the smell.

Rubbing his eyes with his gloved hands, Angel checked the consoles. "Yeah Batty, what is it?"

The R5's reply scrolled across the screen.

"Moorja in 2minutes? But it should be another 6 hours until..."

Batty cut him off with a sharp tweet.

"Yeah, I guess you ARE desgined to plot these courses. Good work."

Wiping the seemingly endless sweat pouring from his brow, Angel tried to recall his dream, vision, or whatever had permeated his meditation. He could only remember flashes, glimpses of the dream. There was a shadow, and a pair a deep purple eyes. And the mouth... Angel shuddered at the words that echoed in his mind.

"I have feasted on the flesh of Fallen Angels."

Surely the unseen menace couldnt have been talking about him, a "Fallen Angel..."

The reversion alarm interrupted his revelry. Angel sat up in his seat and fastened his safety harness as he prepared for the reverion to real space.

The countdown clock wound down to zero, and the bright star tunnel fractured and split into tiny spots. For the first time Angel beheld the world of Moorja. The small, temperate world looked deceptively peaceful from orbit. The picture was spoiled by the flashing of acetlne torches on the flank of a large Impstar Duece in orbit, which he instantly recognized as the Dominion.

Opening up his ships comm to standard VE frequenc, Angel said "Dominion traffic control this is the Avenger requesting permission to land."

"Roger that Avenger" replied the controller, "Transmit the clearance codes now."

"Code transmission commencing." Angel hit a button on the computer and his securit clearance was transferred to the Dominion's computers.

"Permission granted to dock in bay 1042B, coordinates uploaded and marked in ou ships computer. Welcome home," The controller said.

"Thanks control. One more thing, if you could inform the General that Senior Sergeant Nimiichi has arrived, that would be much appreciated."

Angel heard some background noise and shuffeling, then a very familiar voice came over the com. "Jikko, this is High General Fury there have been some new developments on which I will need to brief you. Meet me in my office in one and a half hours. That should give you enough time to freshen up and grab some chow."

"Roger that General. Looking forward to talking with you, Angel out."

2 hours later...

Stopping in front of the High General and Army Prefect's door Angel tugged at the collar of his finely pressed Army uniform. It had been months since he donned the snug garments, and they had only gotten tighter as Angel gained muscle mass from his intense training.

Raising his right hand, Angel knocked on the door twice. The door slod aside as Fury allowed Angel entrance. The office was a bit bland, and lacked the character tht Angel would have thought Fury would add to his personal space. Yet the elegant desk , woodwork, and holograms gave it a homey feel.

Snapping his heels together, Angel threw a sharp salute to his boss's' boss's boss. Fur returned the salute, then said, "At ease sergeant. I'm sure you are eager to rejoin you squad, so I'll make this brief.  In short, the army has decided to give Raiders to you. As of now you will be taking full control of the squad on a permanent basis."

Angel's eyes widened, but he remained still and emotionless.

Fury continued. "Your first orders as squad leader are as follows. You are to take the squad on an undercover mission posing as prisoners to the Republic held world of Yag D'hul. The Dark Dragoons will be posing as rebel troopers escaping the wreckade of Moorja. Once you have been transferred you will wait until the Dragoons cause a distraction, then you will orchestrate the escape of our squad, I'm assuming your Force powers will come in handy." Fury added, motioning towards Angel's saber attached to his belt. "From there you will coordinate with the Dragoons to comandeer the station you are on, and organize the defense of out Fleets which will be jumping in-system. Well there you have it. Any questions?"

"No sir, I  will have the squad assembled and ready to move within the next 12 hours." Saluting once more, Angel pivoted on his left foot and left the room.

*                                                                                    *                                                *

"Well there you have it folks. These are our orders." Angel said, addressing the members of Raiders squad. JR, Flying Knight, Squall, Substance, Japer, and Snipes all nodded, showing the understood their orders.

"We will be going in with no armor, and no weapons, as we are posing as regulars, not stormies. Take an weapons you can safely conceal, and get some chow. Rendezvous at the shuttle in 1 hour. We leave then. Dismissed."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi 
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/ASL/SSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

July 6, 2004 5:29:30 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami and Zafo were already standing next to the ship's boarding ramp, admiring their new Rebel gear with a mixture of disgust and dread, when the rest of the Dragoons strode briskly into the hanger.
Rema skidded to a halt next to Kami and let out a melodramatic sigh, tugging at the collar of his uniform, "Back in uniform."
Kami grinned at the Corporal, "And looking as unfashionable as ever if you don't mind me saying sir."
"I know," TK interrupted, a joking pout spreading across his face as he waved his hands flamboyantly down at his uniform, "What's with these colours?"
The Dragoons burst out laughing, while Afyon reached out and smacked TK across the back of his head. "You oughta be put away..."

"We interrupting?"
The laughter was cut short as the Dragoons became aware of the presence of the Raiders, of whom quite a few were smirking in TK's general direction.
TK straightened visibly, his face now flushed, "Angel, long time no see."
Angel's hazel eyes turned in the Dragoon's direction, "Well, I've been busy."
Afyon stood forward, and extended a hand towards the new Raider squad leader, "Glad to have you back Angel, especially in time for this mission."
The senior sergeant clasped the Gunny's hand, "Its good to be back. You all ready to go?"
Afyon nodded, then motioned for the Dragoons to make their way up into the battered Rebel ship. Readjusting her two Kylan blasters to a position on each of her thighs, Kami took in the Raiders appearance for the first time since they'd entered the hangar.

...they all looked like they'd seen no sleep, no food or no water for the last week...

Their hair was disheveled; their eyes weary and their stances slumped... bits and pieces of their scraggy clothes were missing; or simply unraveled beyond recognition...
...and all of them were inconspicuously unarmed...
...At least that's what it looks like...

"You guys look like hell," Rema commented as TK, Zek and Afyon boarded the shuttle behind him.
"That's the idea," A dark haired, green-eyed Raider said as he strolled up the ramp into the ship.
Rema threw Kami a wry grin over his shoulder, "Snipes."
Kami mentally stored the name away, the watched as the rest of the Raiders walked up the ramp, followed closely by Rema.
"I don't know any of them, "Zafo muttered at her shoulder.
"Me neither," Kami responded, her eyes following yet another unfamiliar face.

"Well, you know me." Angel was suddenly in front of her, smiling for the first time since he'd entered the hanger.
Kami flashed a smile in return at her VE recruiter, "Yeah, I know you. And you're looking good... bulkier."
Angel flexed an arm, "All the better to kill Rebels with."
Kami looked the Raider up and down, a small shiver running up the length of her spine, "Though...you seem a little...different..."
Darker...
...the thought drifted into her mind, then vanished just as quickly.

Angel gave the private a mysterious smile, then turned and walked up the ramp.
"C'mon you two," Zek shouted impatiently from inside the shuttle, "Let's go already."
Shrugging off the feeling of trepidation Angel had sparked within her, Kami looked over at her determined squad mate, "Ready?"
Zafo nodded, his eyes still glinting like steel, "As ready as I'll ever be."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 6, 2004 7:48:23 AM)]
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
July 6, 2004 9:47:42 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Walking onto the ship FlyingKnight started to look around and get the feeling of the transportation that was going to take them to their destination. Finding the cargo hold that was outfitted to hold prisoners he picked out a cell and took a look around. Seeing only the basic things like a retractable metal bench and a toilet.

"This is going to be fun," Snipes said as he looked at the cell next to Knight's
    "Yeah," Knight said grinning, "I am glad this won't be to long of a trip."
    "Well get used to it," Fallen Angel said as he walked into the hold, "There won't be any better treatment once we get to Yag D'hul. The rebels there won't treat us like the Dragoons will."
    "When we escape I am glad I hid my Prax Protector on me," Knight said patting the small of his back where he hide the small weapon.
    "Good any weapons you guys have will help when we escape. I am also planning though that we could stop at an armory after the escape." Angel explained.
    "Okay guys lets get you into those cells," Rema said walking into the hold grinning and pointing a stun baton at them.

Getting into his cell Knight sat on the bench and layed down to get rested up before being in a real cell. Thinking about his equipment that he hid away on his body he only really had his prax protector that had some stopping power he also remembered his Pac20 Wristcomm that was strapped to his ankle. The small communication device, he thought, might come in handy to slice into a computer or two. Feeling the ship jump into hyperspace he felt himself drift off into a light sleep.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
July 6, 2004 10:32:31 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon watched as the two squads boarded the shuttle.  As they were climbing on, he noticed something terribly wrong with what the Dragoons were wearing.  The Raiders looked like they had fought a hard battle in a jungle,but the Dragoons had showered and were in clean rebel uniforms, they definitely didnt look like combatants.  Afyon looked down at his officer's uniform and pondered.  The sling on his left arm was clean and in perfect position and his head had been properly bandadged.  Neither piece of medical treatment looked anything like the type of meatball care one would get fleeing from combat.

Afyon walked up the ramp and looked into the shuttle.  "Alright you guys stand by for about ten minutes, I'll be right back."  Afyon called and then turned to head back down the ramp.  As he was walking out of the hanger, he noticed that the imperials had done a damn good job of treating his injuries.  They had wanted to give him a quick dunk in the bacta tank but Afyon had stubbornly refused.  He hated bacta with a passion.  The imperial medic had found a brace to wrap around his torso in order to protect the broken ribs he had gotten from the speeder accident.  They had also given him so locally injected pain killers that wouldn't affect his mind or make him drowsy.  Afyon arrived at the supply depot located just off the hanger and quickly ordered some stuff that he thought the squad needed.  The supply officer gave him a strange look and called Fury for instructions.  Afyon quickly explained his plan to the general and within ten minutes, Afyon's request had been filled.  During that time, Afyon quickly ran back to his quarters and threw a couple of jars into a bag before running back to the supply depot.

The officer had loaded everything into a sealed steel box.  Afyon ordered a pair of droids to have that box brought on board the shuttle immediately while he signed for the goods and got the electronic code to open it.

Five minutes later, Afyon was back onboard the shuttle and had dismissed the droids.  "Alright you can lift off."  Afyon called into the cockpit.  "But make it a slow trip, I have some business to take care of in flight."  He said.  Afyon closed the door to the cockpit and walked back into the passenger area where the squads were sitting.  "Alright Dragoons, listen up.  I have some new uniforms and gear for you.  Right now we are a bunch of nice smelling rebel troopers ready for a bloody ceremony.  No way in hell we can convince anyone we were in a combat zone and captured some imps.  So..."  Afyon opened the steel box.  "Here are new uniforms for you and new weapons.  Rebel issue, not just non-imperial ones."  Afyon said.  "Put these on fast."  He ordered.  "Once you are ready, take some of this," He held up a tin of boot polish, a bottle of water and a cannister of jungle dirt, and a bottle of oil.  "Make yourselves look like you were in combat.  The polish can look like scorch marks caused by being near an intense fire, the mud like you've been on the ground in the jungle, and put the oil in your hair to make it greasy and sweaty looking.  When you are done, spray some of this," Afyon held up a spray can. "On you.  This spray smells like a combination of dirt, sweat, and fire.  Perfect for making you smell like a combatant.  Im actually quite amazed the supply depot had this stuff, obviously we still plan for special operations."  Afyon mused to himself.  The squad came up and took the new uniforms.  They were scorched and muddy as per Afyon's request.  The supply depot had done its work well and fast.  Afyon took out his officer's uniform and asked Fallen Angel over to help him.  It took them about five minutes to get the old uniform off and the new one on as it was tricky to move Afyon's arm enough to get it off and not damage the dressing and stitches on the shoulder.  When they were done, Afyon pulled out a ripped piece of rebel uniform which also had scorch marks and Fallen Angel made a large, crude sling over the tight imperial one Afyon had on under it.  They also made a crude bandage to go over the imperial one that Afyon had on his head.  Ten mintues later, Afyon finished oiling up his hair and looked at his squad.  They looked greasy, filthy, and smelled horrible.  "Much better.  Alright get some rest, we will be there soon."  Afyon ordered.

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

July 6, 2004 9:36:46 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Taking in the demeanor of his squad, Angel decided that the time was right to make his announcement. Standing up in his cell, he yawned and stretched, pushing open the cell door. Most of the squad seemed apprehensive about going into a very hostile situation with little more than the clothes on their backs.

Angel approached Japer's cell first. Japer was apparently asleep, wisely getting his rest beforethe upcoming mission. Japer had seen more combat than the rest of the Raiders present combined, and Angel felt a little apprehensive about giving him orders.

"Hey Japer, I need to ask something of you."

The Captain looked up, his face matching his calm demeanor. "Yeah sure Angel, what is it?"

"I want you to act as my XO for this mission, but more importantly I need you to make sure I do my job right. I've been around Rizzit and Otto long enough to pick up most of the SL duties and tactics, but I might need your help from time to time. I cam to you because you are the most experience of the troopers here, and you served with my brother in Iron Horse. He had nothing but the highest respect for you, and so do I."

Japer nodded his head, acknowledging the remarks. "Yeah sure. I'll do my best."

"Thanks."

Moving away from the cell, Angel walked in front of the Snipes' and FK's cells. He winked at them both, then proceeded to move to the center of the brig, a big sloppy grin on his face.

"Ok Raiders, I want an honest show of hands." Angel spoke, addressing his squad. "Who here is worried about our lack of weapons and armor."

Every hand shot up, and Angel's smile only got bigger.

"Well then, consider yourselves relieved, because after you all left, I formulated a contingency plan." He continued, moving towards a joint in the wall. Pressing a hidden lever, the wall slid open, revealing a weapons cache.

"I took the liberty of securing each of your favorite weapins, and storing them on the ship. Once we are freed, we  will return to the ship, arm ourselves, then carry on with our mission."

Cheer erupted from the cells, and Kami poked her head in to see what all the commotion, then shook her head at Angel and rolled her eyes. Winking at her, he threw his cocky half smile, then signaled for silence.

"ok...Ok...OK!" Angel bellowed, quieting the Raiders. "One last announcement, Japer will be the acting XO and FTC for this mission. The teams are as followed. Red Team, lead by Japer: Flying Knight, Substance and Snipes. Gold Team, lead by yours truly: JR and Squall. Now rest up. Kami. How much longer till reversion?"

Peeking her head back in, Kami answered with a smile. "About 5 hours."

"You heard the lady, now get some rest." Angel finished.

Through the Force Angel could feel the excitement and relief of his squad. But mixed in there was a source of worry and fear. Concentrating, Angel sought the source. Opening his eyes, he saw Kami, he gaze fixed on him. Striding over to her, he said., "Whats with being scared, you're not THAT green. The fear radiating off you is pretty strong."

Kami smiled and chuckled. "You better stay out of my head Jedi boy. Seriously though, I'm not worried about the mission...its..." She trailed off, not finishing her sentence.

"What is it?" Angel said, trying to goad her into revealing her doubts.

Kami took a deep breath, and Angel felt her trying to calm her emotions. "It's you. Ever since you came back from...wherever you disappeared to, you seem...well...darker, more...mysterious... I don't know how to describe it. It's like you are a totally different person."

Angel patted her on the shoulder. "Kami...I have been awakened into a whole new world. And yes, I have changed. But you shouldn't worry about it. Trust me that the changes are all for the better."

She offered him a brave smile, but he could still feel the doubt welling up inside her. "Ok. You better get your rest  as well, It's going to take all your strength to not kill Rema after was he has planned for you guys..."

-----------------------
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/SL/SSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
July 7, 2004 7:53:32 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi watched the Garrisson commander.  Currently Argon was planting an incendiary device or two at the local waste reclemation facility.  Kuroishi had moved himself in position to keep the garrisson forces pinned down with his highly trained marksmenship.

So far things had proceeded well.  The citizenry was already grumbling about the stench eminating from thier homes and busineeses.  This attack would amplify the effect even more for those caught down wind.  All Kuroishi needed to do was delay the local forces.

Mandor, Sandwich Sam, and Lukas Yuy would be responsible for making the direct routes to the target facility impassable for most vehicles so that the fire control teams would not be able to get there immediatly and the fire would grow more intense.

Stonefish and Anubis were currently setting up an escape route and temporary bases of operations.

By the sudden increase of activity Kuroishi knew it was time to go into action.  This time he had brought his anti-material sniper rifle, the Timbique Edition Zues.

Putting an armor piercing round into the engine blocks of as many vehicales Kuroishi could manage in 30 seconds, he quickly got up and disappeared from his roof top position and desceanded the grapple line he had used to covertly scale the building.

Proceeding to his escape vehicale Kuroishi made his way to one of the safe houses that should be awaiting him.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
July 7, 2004 10:21:48 AM    View the profile of Zafo 
"There isnt even a damn holotable on this hunk a junk!?" Zafo comented,"You'd figure the rebels, either going in, or coming out of war would want some kind of entertainment"

"Even if there was" Afyon replied "I wouldn't let anyone use it. You need to get as much rest as you can, trust me, you'll thank me later"

Stubbornly, Zafo shuffled over to the sleeping quarters. When he got there, he let out a sigh of dismay when he saw that all the doors were shut, the rooms were already occupied.

Zafo continued down the corridor towards the holding cells. He figured if he was on a mission with the raiders, he might as well get to know them a bit first.

Zafo looked into the first cell and saw someone curled up and asleep on a very uncomfortable looking slab of steel. Zafo looked at him and realised that Rema had reffered to him as "Snipes". He continued down the hallway. As he peered into the next uncomfortable looking cell, he saw who he reconized as Fallen Angel. He seemed to be in a state of meditation. Zafo made an attempt to tip-toe by as quietly as possible, but was stopped short when he heard Angels voice, "Where are you off to?"

"Oh, ummm, sorry to interupt your meditation, I was just going around, seeing if anyone was awake. After all, we are with you guys on this mission, and I just realized I don't know most of your squad's members.

"True, you are rather new to VE aren't you?" Angel answered
"Yup, and this is my first mission too" Zafo said
"You aren't nervous?" asked Angel "Usually troopers are a bit jumpy on their first mission"
"I was nervous, but now I've got that under control" Answered Zafo. "Well, surprisignly, you are the Raider I know the most, so I will leave you to your meditation and continue on"
"Good Luck" Angel said as Zafo started to leave. " I Don't sense much energy coming from the rest of the Squad, they are probably sleeping".

Zafo was impressed with how right Angel had been. Cell after cell, he poked his head around the corner and saw someone in a sleep as deep as you could get on such an uncomfortable looking matress. Zafo continued exploring the ship. He was done in a matter of 5 minutes. When he got back to the main room, which was now empty and dark, he looked for the most comfortable looking corner. No corner seemed to meet his standards, so he crawled over to the closest bench and lay down. Withing minutes, he had drifted off to sleep...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC ZaFo/DD?2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited July 7, 2004 7:40:09 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
July 7, 2004 11:02:45 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis was glad to finally have a chance to do something worthwhile.  For years he had admired the power and glory of the Empire.  He even went through Training for the Naval Academy, but after Palpatine's fall, everything went downhill.  But now was different, sure he wasn't on the greatest of planets in the galaxy, but he was helping to make the galaxy a better place.

Looking at all the options, Anubis found that finding an escape route would be a 'fun' task.  From the local scan of the area, it appeared that the police forces of the planet weren't that organized, but that they were numerous.

And from the recent events they have begun searching the area for any sign of the perpetrators.

However there was one good thing to note, the Wraiths' presence remained relatively unnoticed despite several small skirmishes with the police force.  This would prove to be what was needed to escape and get to somewhere to continue the mayhem.

'Now where would make a good place to go on this planet?' Anubis thought, looking at his datapad of the planet, which didn't reveal too much except for the cities, and the general information you find on any holomap.

"What about that small city, it isn't too far from our current location." Said Stonefish, pointing to the small outpost of Vesta Bay.

"That might work, there are a number of abandoned buildings due to a local economic recession." Anubis replied, and since he didn't find any places that really stood out, chose an abandoned warehouse as Temporary Base of Operations 1.

'Now comes the fun part, finding a way to get there without attracting unwelcome visitors.'

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited July 7, 2004 11:04:04 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

July 8, 2004 8:28:44 PM    View the profile of Rema 
A tap on Rema's shoulder brought him back from his deep slumber. Blinking to adjust to the lights of the cabin, Rema saw the blurry figure of Afyon peering down at him.

"Remmy, we are almost there. Wake yourself up and then go alert everyone they have ten minutes." Afyon said as Rema swung his legs out of the bunk he was in.

"Right boss. Should everyone get into their positions?" Rema asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Yes, have everyone get into their spots." Afyon answered turning towards the door. "Ill be up in the cockpit if you need me."

Rema pushed himself out of his bunk and secured his utility belt around his waist. Only his blaster, extra ammo, comlink, and datapad dotted his usually filled Stormtrooper belt. Stretching his arms above his head, he walked out to walk the others. He knocked on the doors that Kami, TK, and Zek inhabited, flipped on the lights and told them to get up and meet in the main cabin. Heading to the large lounge space, Rema noticed Zafo lying down on one of the hard benches.

"Wake up. You have five minutes to get to your position." Rema said pushing Zafo with his foot. A muffled groan sounded from the green soldier. "Just get up," Rema reemphasized, heading toward the aft of the ship.

As he headed toward the cell of the only Jedi in the mission, a chill went up his back. The meditating form of Fallen Angel sat in the center of the cell. Rema just couldnt shake the feeling he got when he saw FA. He changed so much since he had been gone.

"I havent changed that much you know." Angel abruptly stated. His eyes were closed, but you could see movement under his eyelids.

"Dont do that." Rema growled back walking up to the cell door.

"Whatever do you mean?" Angel said with a smile. "Ill wake them up now. Ill see you when we land."

Rema watched as all the Raiders suddenly were shook awake. Frowning, he walked from the cell block, and headed toward the cockpit. The Dragoons had assembled themselves and looked bored and tired.

"TK, Zafo and Kami, you guys have guard duty. You three will be back in the cell block. Zek your with the Gunny and myself." Rema ordered as he passed the group. Zek came into step with Rema while the rest headed aft.

As the two Imperial entered the cockpit, the blur of colors that was hyperspace dissipated back into individual points of light. A large blue/brown sphere could be seen in the distance. Yag'dhul

Hundreds of ships could be seen moving about the system. A NR Corellian Gunship floated near the undercover Imperial ship. A flight of X-Wings could be seen moving to an intercept course.

"Unidentified Freighter, Identify yourself." A voice blared from the comm.

"This is New Republic freighter Pokey Ginger. We are sending our identification code now." The pilot of the stolen ship stated into the comm. "We are fleeing from Moorja and can barely keep this thing together. We have a captured squad of Imperials in our cargo hold. Request permission so set down on the nearest space station."

For what seemed like an eternity, the Imperials stood looking at the comm. The captain of the NR picket ship was undoubtedly in contact with his superiors back at the command space station. If they didnt take the bait, this trip could end very badly for the Dragoons and the Raiders.

"Freighter Pokey Ginger, request granted. Follow Cobra flight to the Command Station. If you break from your course you will be fired upon."

"Aye aye, following Cobra flight." The captain of the Imperial ship stated. Captain Genlon if im correct...

"Good job people." Afyon said turning to Rema. "Corporal, make sure everyone is set in the back. Its show time."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

July 9, 2004 10:11:44 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Waking up suddenly FlyingKnight and all the other Raiders woke up with the ship out of hyperspace. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes he sat up and looked toward the entrance of the hold and saw TK, Kami, and Zafo walk in with binders in their hands.
    "Ok your prisoners for the time being and we need to secure you guys for transport to the holding cells on the command station," TK said as Kami and Zafo walked up to the cells to attach the binders to each of the troopers wrists.
    Checking to make sure his weapon and comm device are secured Knight nods for Kami to attach the binders and close the cell door. After all the disguised prisoners were binded and locked in the cells the three guards got ready to transfer the prisoners. Rema walked into the hold and said, "We're going to dock within a few minutes and some NR marines are going to board the ship to escort the prisoners to the command stations brig."
    The ship shook slightly as the command station used its tractor beam to guide the ship into the docking bay. Rema left the cargo hold to lower the boarding ramp to let the marines into the Pokey Ginger. Marching up the ramp in full combat gear the marines cautiously checked the ship before entering the cell area to take the prisoners to their waiting cells.
    Opening the cell doors the three guards helped the marines move the prisoners and march them off the ship towards the cell block. The Raiders were marching in single file with NR troops on both sides walking through the station. Arriving at the cell blocks the imperials were seperated into three different cell blocks out of sight or hearing of each other.
    Sitting down on the cold bench FlyingKnight looked around his cell looking for a good hiding place where maybe he could hack into the stations mainframe. Seeing nothing but metal he layed down waiting for the distraction from the Dark Dragoons so they can get back to the ship and arm themselves to help take the station so that both squads can get down to the planet. Laying down the energized trooper tried to remember the route back to the docking bay and memorize it so they can move quickly after their escape.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
-Raider Squad
-
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

July 10, 2004 11:08:33 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami watched as the Rebel Marines shoved the last of the Raiders, a disgruntled looking JR, down the ship's ramp and out of sight. For now, they were on their own.
"Who's in charge here?" Kami turned about and noticed a graying Rebel official at her shoulder, a pile of papers huddled precariously in his hands. She tilted her head towards Afyon, who had just emerged from the cockpit.
The official let out a sigh, rubbed at the dark smudges beneath his eyes, then gestured down the ship's ramp. "You lot aren't the first in, so you can't expect any food or rest for a while. There's a looooong processing line."
Gripping a pen in his teeth, the official made a few marks on the top of his papers, punched a few buttons on a datapad and handed it to Afyon. "You and your squad can wait outside; we need to move this ship to make room for others."

Afyon nodded, pocketed the datapad then motioned for the Dragoons to make their way outside.
Kami exited the ship and found herself in the station's hangar, which was currently the home of four NR ships, all of them looking decidedly worse for wear.
Rebel Marines, Imperial prisoners and tired looking Rebel troopers were everywhere, milling about in a state of organized confusion.
"Shouldn't be too hard to sneak away," TK murmured at her shoulder, "Blow some stuff up."
Stifling a smile, Kami followed Afyon as he weaved his way through the crowd, towards where a large group of Rebel soldiers were milling about a group of officials. As the Dragoons neared the group, strains of an argument reached their ears,
"Look! My man needs medical attention! Either you get a droid down here or you get the hell out of my way!"
"Captain," A serene, dark haired official had placed himself in front of a Rebel Captain, effectively blocking his path, "No-one is too be allowed in until they've been processed and debriefed."
The Captain gestured wildly at one of his soldiers, who was nursing a unpleasant looking gut wound, "So let my man through first!"
The official gestured almost helplessly, "There are quite a few men who are more badly wounded sir, and all the medical droids are currently in use."
His face slowly becoming a shade of crimson, the Captain suddenly dipped his shoulder and pushed the official forcefully out of his way, "What do you think we are, stinking Imperial dogs?! I'm not waiting around so you can get your facts and figures right while one of my boys suffers!"

A few of the surrounding Rebels nodded agreement, while Rema let out an approving murmur from behind Kami. Picking up on the Corporal's idea, Kami nudged a young Rebel near her, then motioned towards where the Imperial prisoners were being led quickly away, "Imperials first hey." She let out a sarcastic burst of laughter, "Thing sure have changed in a month."
Tired, wounded and angry, the Rebel didn't need much persuasion. He let out a low growl, then turned around and whispered loudly to one of his squad mates. It wasn't long before the buzz of whispers had risen to shouts and catcalls. One Rebel, a Major judging by the rank badge on her uniform, pushed another official out of the way, motioned to her squad, then stormed past the marine line and down one of the side corridors.

The once serene official went white-faced in shock, then waved widly at the nearest NR marine, "Stop them! They could be Imperials!"
The marine gave the official a disgusted look, "They're right you know... this is stupid. The Imperials are on Moorja, not here."
As if to emphasize his point, the marine crouched down and helped the wounded Rebel trooper to his feet, "I'll help you sir," He told the red-faced Captain, "You just lead the way."
The captain surged forward, followed almost instantaneously by the rest of the crowd.

Carried along in the middle of the storm, and past the group of officials (who had thrown their datapads to the ground in defeat), the Dragoons found themselves escorted personally into the interior of the station.
"Well," Rema smiled, as a marine pushed him heartily forwards, "This is a good start."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 10, 2004 11:12:59 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

July 11, 2004 9:05:12 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon watched the rebels around him as the squad made their way inside.  He winced slightly as someone bumped into his left side, jarring his ribs slightly.

"Sorry Captain."  The rebel soldier said.  Afyon nodded and the soldier threw a quick salute before turning and quickly heading forward.  Once inside, Afyon began to take in everything very closely.  The more he learned of tha layout now, the easier it would be to escape from here later.  Just ahead, Afyon could see another Rebel officer, a Twilek, giving out orders.  He seemed to be trying to sort out all the incoming from Moorja.  The Dragoons made their way towards the officer.  The Twilek major turned towards Afyon.  Afyon handed over the proper information to the major and the officer took a glance at it.

"Private!" The officer barked at one of the soldiers standing there.  "Take this Captain and his men to one of the meal halls and get them some food."  The officer turned back to Afyon.  "Our medical personal are overloaded so you'll have to hang tight before getting treatment."  The major said.  Afyon nodded and winced slightly as the action pulled on his shoulder.  Since the painkillers were still working, Afyon was trying to embellish the injury as much as possible in order to maintain his cover.

"Thank you Major."  Afyon replied.  Afyon walked through the improvised checkpoint and followed the private towards the turbolift.  This was working out well so far.  The deeper they got into the facility on official business, the better.  A minute later, the door opened and Afyon saw a large mess hall.

"Help yourselves Captain, we are running low on fresh food so it may not be the most appetising meal you've ever had."  The private said apologetically.

"Thank you private"  Afyon said, dismissing the solider.  The solider entered the turbolift.  "Alright guys get some food and sit down for a minute.  Get something that you can eat fast, I don't want to waste time here."  Afyon ordered.  "You have ten minutes to get something and eat, that should be long enough to play our role here."

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
July 12, 2004 1:47:23 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon walked into the common room of the hotel suite the Wraiths were using.

They were still in disguise as big game hunters, and their frequent trips to make terrorist attacks were easily covered by claiming they were out of the city stalking some beast.

Occasionally they'd actually go out and bring one back with them.

"Anubis," said Argon, "you're with me."

Without a word, Anubis stood, gathered his gear and followed Argon out the door.

Kuroishi gave Argon a look as he left, to be met with only a grin; Argon was on the hunt again.

Breaking into the police car pool was a breeze for a whiphid, he was over the fence, and had opened the gate for Anubis without any trouble.

An attack beast rushed at him, fangs bared, they seemed to be the staple of car pool defense everywhere, but Argon's backhand sent it sprawling and unconsious against the fence.

As Anubis checked to make sure any other security was out of the way, Argon rummaged through his pack.

Taking out a number of high power explosives, Argon handed a few of them to Anubis.

"Place these under the cars, hook them to the ignition switches and face the larger end upward," he said.

"Wait a second," said Anubis, "after the first one goes off, they'll check all the other cars.  Only the first one will be worth it."

"They're on timers," said Argon, "three hours after ignition, they'll go off with a shaped charge directed into the driver's seat."

"What about the second cop in the car?" asked Anubis.

"That's psychological warfare," replied Argon, already at work on the first car, "how would you feel if the guy you were sitting next to just blew up?"

"Man, that's evil," said Anubis as he began to work on his first car.

"Welcome to the Fallen Angels, the sequel," replied Argon as he moved to the next car.

An hour later, they were done.

Thirty-seven city police vehicles had been fitted with explosive devices, including the two SWAT vans.

Tomorrow would be a day to remember for the local police force.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

July 14, 2004 2:10:08 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Before reaching the prison floor...

Bound hand and foot, Angel shuffled along with the rest of his squad. While his strength in the Force was not yest great enough to fully influence the mind of the New Republic troopers, Angel had managed to conceal his saber from notice. Stuffed tightly down the leg of his pants, Angel had been able to deflect the attention of the troopers searching him away from his saber.

I'm going to need every advantage we have to pull this off. He said to himself. For once he was actually glad not to have Otto or Dee around, able to read his emotions. He didnt want anyone to kow the internal struggles he was going through.

Doubt surged through his veins, poisoning every thought. He was beginning ot wonder if Japheth had chosen the right Dark Jedi for the mission. Every action he considered brought with it all the horrific consequences that could result. It wasn't that he was afraid. Dark Jedi were beyond fear. They inspired it, they did not feel it.

Angel smirked at that thought. The air was thick with fear. Through the Force he could sense the fear of every NR officer, trooper, or civilian around him. They knew the VE was knocking on their doorstep, and having a full squad inside their command post was not letting anyone sleep easy.

Taking in the demeanor of his squad, he gave each one a good looking over. The stoic Japer, the nervous Squall, the impatient Substance, the ever excited Snipes, the unusually confident JR, the wideyed and eager Flying Knight, the always calm and collected Rizzit. Reaching out and touching each of them through the Force, he was surprised by the connection he felt with Rizzit.

Thats odd....He made a mental note to inform his superiors once he returned.

After he finished sending his reassurances to each trooper, he focused back to the task ast hand. He made a metnal map of every turn they made, every lift they took. The squad needed to get back to the transport right away, or they'd be up creek without a paddle. Unarmed and deep inside an enemy base, even Angel's semi-powerful Force skills wouldnt be able to bail them out of a serious mess.

After what seemed like hours, but was probably only 10 minutes, the squad reached the detention center.

The lead guard stepped to the front of the column of Raiders and sized up each one of them. Lashing out with his stun stick, the guard dropped Substance like a sack of potatoes. The pain hit Angel like a tidal wave. He could feel the troopers nerves fry as his system was shocked into paralysis. Gasping for air, Angel could do nothing as Snipes leapt at the guard, murder in his eyes.

The wave of pain hit again as Snipes hit the ground, convulsing as his nervous system malfuntioned.

"Any other heroes?" The guard mocked.

No one moved.

"Good, I am Commander Reinhert. I will be your mother and father for the duration of your stay here at the lovely Hotel Dentent." Strutting in front of the squad, he instructed them to get on their knees.

Not wanting to inur the wrath of the stun stick, Angel obeyed. He, being the one that had to break them out of this mess, couldn't afford to be blasted into unconsciousness.

Walking up to Angel, Reinhert placed the stick under his chin and looked him in the eyes. Angel's amber eyes burned with hatred and rage over the abuse of two of his troopers. Fire burned behind his pupils, dark images flooding his mind. Angel imagined the thousands of different ways he could kill this man, but he couldn't settle on any ONE way.

Sensing the hatred in Angel's eyes, Reinhert turned away and continued on. "We have lovely 4 star accomadations, and 3 square meals a day. Unfortunately, our hot tub is out of order, and the house masseuse is out of town. Sergeant Mecker here will be filling in for your daily sessions."

"Place them in cell b-1," Reinhert said to another NR trooper. Returning to his console the commander went back to his regular duties,  and seemed to foget about the 'captured' imperials.

The detention cells were plain, yet spacious. There were 7 cots, one for each of them, and a single toilet in the middle of the room.The walls were a matte black, clashing horribly with the olive green cots. The cell reeked of sweat, urine and the waste of many different species, many of which non-human.

The guard stepped out into the hallway and signaled to the Commander down the hall. Flipping a switch, a dark pink energy field materialized in the doorway of the cell. Curiously, Squall walked over to it and took a swing at it.

Big mistake Angel thought.

The young trooper flew back from the field and slammed against the opposite bunkhead. His wind rushed right out of him, and he laid there in a heap, gasping for air.

"Squall...what did you think was going to happen?" Knight asked the young Private.

"I *gasp* dunnno...just thought I'd *gasp* give it a shot." Squall smiled meekly at his response, and Angel coulnd't help but crack a smile at his sarcasm.

"Guys get some rest, Afyon will be in contact with me once we are ready to move. FK, tend to Substance and Snipes, since you seem to be our acting medic right now." Waving Rizzit over, Angel asked him, "Did you memorize the way here?"

"Of course, what do  you think I am?' Rizzit replied incredulously, "A greenie?"

Angel smiled, "No, just checking. I want you to take your team and get back to the ship to find the weapons. i'll take my team and try to find the station armory. Afyon should be in contact soon, so go brief your guys."

"OK, sounds good FA" Rizzi replied, walking off to summon his fireteam.

Leaning back on his lumpy, uncomfortable cot, Angel reached into the Force to refresh himself. AS he tapped into the mystic energy, a new feeling rushed up into him. Pure, chaos, followed by anger and resentment flooded thorugh the Force.

Angel smiled. This had to be the Dark Dragoons work. No one else could make people that mad.

"It won't be long now guys" Angel announced, withdrawing his saber from his pants. "not long at all."

Map of prison as I see it. (very similar to SW: ANH death star prison)

____A side____________________B side____
    |                  |                          |                        | 
    |          o      |  R                    R  |                      |
    |          o      |                          |                        |
    |                  X                          X                      |
    |            o    X                          X                      |
    |              o  X                          X                      |
    |__________|                          |___________|
    |                  |                            |                        | 
    |                  X                          X                        |
    |__________|                          |_____________|
    |                  |                          |                      | 
    |          o      |                          |                      |
    |          o      |                          |                      |
    |                  X                          X                      |
    |          o      X                          X                      |
    |            o    X                          X                      |
    |__________|                        |______________|
    |                  |                          |                          | 
    |          o      |                          |                          |
    |          o      |                          |                          |
    |                  X                        X        Raiders      |     
    |          o      X                        X                          |
    |            o    X                        X                          |
    |__________|                        |____________|
                          R    R    R    R  /
  _____________                  /__________
  |                                                              |
  |A            ____                                R    A  |
  |            |      |                                          |
  |W      C |desk|                                        |
  |W        |___ |              R                          |
  |                                            R                |
  |            R                                              |
  |____________A_____  R  R  R  R___|
                                                TL    /
X = forcefield
R = republic solider
C = commander
A = alarm
TL = turbolift
o = other prisoners
W = small weapons locker
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited July 14, 2004 2:47:26 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

July 14, 2004 2:10:30 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
sorry.
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited July 14, 2004 2:11:06 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

July 14, 2004 6:44:38 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon quickly ate the bit of food he had grabbed.  The private was right, it was terrible.  He sat for a minute in deep thought while the other squad finished up and prepared to end this stage of their charade.  After another moment's thought, Afyon broke out of his silent state and quietly addressed the squad.

"Alright, we have to change the plans slightly.  If we blow the core while Raiders are still in jail, chances are quite likely that we may blow them up too.  We have to create a loud and chaotic diversion before hand so that we can lay the explosives and they can break out."  Afyon stated.

"Any ideas Gunny?"  Zafo asked.

"Well I have one, thought it would be easier if we had a slicer in the squad - and a well trained one Tk and Rema"  Afyon said as the two began to open their mouths.  "We need to get ourselves into some sort of communications or computer center, one with several computer techs and very few guards.  I am sure if we hold a pistol to the head of a computer tech and ask real nicely, he'll do what I want.  First, the tech will set off the fire alarms in all parts of the building creating a loud diversion and scattering soldiers.  It should also cause great confusion for a short time.  If Raider's are smart, they will break out during this time.  Zafo and I will stay with the tech while the rest of the squad hurries to the core and sets the explosives.  You will have five minutes to get to the core level, set the charges and get off the level.  After five minutes, I'll order the tech to sound the emergency alarms and indicate that there has been a serious security breech at the core level and that imperials are on the base.  When this happens, most of the troops will head down giving you the chance to move up and Raiders the chance to move out.  Set the explosives for tenminutes so you have just enough time to make it to the top and out onto a ship.  If we are lucky, we will kill most of the troops in the explosion as they'll be with the core when it blows."  Afyon concluded.  He finished his water and watched his squad take in his improvised briefing.  "Any questions?"  Afyon looked around.  "Good, prepare to move out."

-----------------------
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

July 14, 2004 7:30:15 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
The Dragoons rose together, grabbed their empty trays and filed past the disposal station.
Still trying to swallow the bitter taste of the Rebel food, Kami followed Afyon as he walked past the attentive marine guards posted at the entrance to the mess and back out into the hallway. He stopped, stretched, threw a casual grin at the closest Rebel trooper, then began to walk off purposely down the hallway. Trying to shake off her stiffness, Kami linked her arm through Zafo's and started up a rather uninteresting conversation about Rebel star fighter craft, following her Gunnny as he lead the Dragoons down a smaller side corridor.  A few minutes and a few dozen corridors later, Afyon lead the group into one of the stations lifts and pushed a button at random.
"Here's hoping this doesn't take us to the marine barracks." TK muttered, watching the numbers flicker as the elevator climbed a few levels.

The elevator let out a musical ping, the doors sliding back to reveal a longer, narrower and less crowded hallway.
Afyon inched uneasily out of the elevator, then picked up the pace as the squad rounded a corner. Kami felt Zafo's arm tighten about hers as a Bothan suddenly sidestepped out of side room, nearly colliding with Rema in his rush. The bothan let out a string of swear words, glared angrily at Rema, then sneered and jogged off down the hall. Kami watched him go, then felt a grin spread across her face as she saw the interior of the room the bothan had just vacated. "Bingo Gunny. You'd think you knew where you were going..."
Afyon smiled furtively, brought up his blaster, then slapped the door control panel, opening the door to reveal a large and expensive looking communications room.

"Hey!" A Rebel tech rose to his feet from behind a desk, then glanced expectedly at three bored looking guards playing cards in the corner, "Intruders!"
The guards looked over at the new arrivals, curiosity etched on their features, "Whats this?" The oldest of the three asked,"We're not expecting rotation for a few hours."
Afyon waited patiently while Zek closed the door behind him... then shot the closest guard in the forehead.

The other two guards sat stunned for a few seconds, then began to react, reaching simultaneously for their holsters and comm units.
Kami blasted the comm out of one guards hand, then drilled two pistol shots though his chest, sending his limp form flying backwards through a cloud of cards while Rema's fire knocked the other guard face down to the floor.

Zafo stood forwards and resoultely levelled his blaster at the tech's head.
The tech fell back into his seat, his face white in shock.
"Nah-uh." Zafo pushed his pistol closer to the man's temple as he shifted slightly, "No switches."

The tech hesitated, then nodded, and raised both hands in the air, "l'll do whatever you want, just don't...don't hurt me."
Afyon crouched down, reholstered his pistol and grabbed the edge of the tech's chair, "You do what we tell you to, and you might live out the next hour."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 14, 2004 7:43:37 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

July 14, 2004 8:56:06 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Time for a plot twist.  Trust me you'll enjoy.  /OOC]

Kuroishi had managed to work his way through the now highetened patrols of local malitia and police forces.  Ducking into allies in the pitch of a moonless night carrying a large bundle of  explosives rustling on his back.

There was a slight breaze out of local north.  The slight chill was invigorating for Kuroishi.  This world was far too warm for his tastes.

Without the normal restrains of his armor Kuroishi launched himself over the fence that protected the mag lev train.  According to his schedule there would be a frieght run coming by in about a half hour.

Making use of what time he had and his unrestrained abilities he climbed the support beam and began placing charges.

Kuroishi got to a safe spot to watch his handywork.

With his binoculars he saw the worst possible thing.  The approaching train had passenger cars not frieght and didn't have any of the self defense cars that a military train would.

Kuroishi began to curse himself.  There was not enough time to get back down there and stop his timers.

Kuroishi fell to his knees dropping his binoculars and began to weep.  He had always known it was a possibility that no matter ho hard he tried he would eventually kill civilians, he had hoped it would not be in such a direct way.

With the thunderous boom he had truely become damned.  The only article of war Kuroishi ever gave a damn about was just incinerated in a fireball the size of a four story building that was still lighting the night sky.

Grasping his face Kuroishi felt his tears run down his hands then spreading his arms out he screamed incoherantly into the night sky.

What did he truely have left now?

His homeworld was an uninhabitable rock now.  He had no family.  Everyone he called friend in the past had betrayed him.  The woman he loved wanted him dead.  He had just killed untold numbers of civilians and probably set Wraith's plans awry.

This was one hell of a day.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
July 14, 2004 8:57:41 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish sat in the apartment considering the situation. As the least vicious of the squad, he had been left to secure the base of operations, and monitor the local police and military traffic. So far, things seemed to be going according to Kuroishi's plan. The local law enforcement were in disarray, and unable to respond to any kind of threat quickly. The civil infrastructure, however, remained loosely intact.

Argon breezed through from his sleeping pallet on his way out to another act of terrorism, grabbing a sandwich on his way. Stonefish checked the monitors, and the windows. The apartment that he had chosen offered several key advantages as a base of operations for a terrorist cell. It had good views along major transport routes through the town they were operating from, was close to several police monitoring stations, and allowed a quick exit along several routes.

Soon after Argon left, Kuroishi returned again, walking briskly through the main room and slamming his door behind him. Stonefish knew better than to ask what was wrong for at least two days.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited July 14, 2004 8:59:43 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
July 14, 2004 10:47:05 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon was on the rooftop of a nearby building with his sniper equipment when he saw a massive fireball rise half the city away from him.

He whipped out his macrobinoculars to see what target had just hit the dirt.

It took him a few seconds to recognize what the twisted metal shape lying on the tracks was, he had been expecting some kind of freight, or to spot a gun somewhere to give him perspective.

A passenger train, he thought we must be stirring up some domestic terrorists.

As he set up his sniper loft, it never occurred to him that the strike he saw might have been Kuroishi, the Fallen Angels didn't hit civilians.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

July 14, 2004 1:12:19 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Still deep in meditation, Angel almost wasn't roused by the static bursting through the small comm unit he had placed in his ear. Opening his eyes, he took a deep breath and waited for the Dragoons SL to transmit.

"Angel, this is Afyon. Diversion will commence in 2 minutes. Be ready. 2 minutes from...now." and with that, the SL's voice was gone.

Rising from his meditative position, his movement rousing the rest of the squad. All eyes follwoed him as he strode across the small cell, avoiding the prostrate forms of Snipes and Substance, still unconscious.

"Go time," Angel said, his mind still ticking down the seconds. "Be ready to move your asses once I drop this field."

Every Raider gave his silent acknowledgement of the order. When his mental timer reached 30 seconds, Angel tapped into the Force, reaching out for his target.

A small metal stool on the far side of the cell block began to quiver. The timer hit zero, and true to his word, Afyon's diversion began. Alarms and claxions began to wail. THE guards in the tunnel ran toward the commander of the cell block.

"You 5, go se what this is all about." Reinhert ordered, "You 3, stay with the prisoners, the rest of you, on me. We're going to the command center."

The New Republic troopers fell into action, each one taking up his designated assignment.

Angel waited until Reinhert and taken his troops down the turbolft, then exerted his will on the chair. THe three guards were too busy to notice the stool levitating across the room. Sweat began to drip from ANgel's forhead, it had been awhile since he had exerted himsefl this directly on an object, and his telekenesis skills still weren't very great.

Hovering the chair directly over the control pad for the cells, Angel opened his eyes and severed the chairs connection to the Force. The chair dropped onto the panel, sparks spouting from the circuitry.

The cell's containment field shimmered, wavered, then collapsed. Springing into action, Angel whipped out his saber and ignited it with a *snap-hiss*.

The three guards flew into a frenzy. All the cell fields died, and the other prisoners swarmed the hapless Republic guards. Stun bolts richocheted in all directions as the guards tried to control the riot.

"Rizzit! Get to that weapons locker and arm your team, then move down to the docking bay and secure our other weapons!" Angel shouted over the alarms and commotion.

Wading through the crowd, Angel both saw and felt the fear the guards felt coming face to face with a Dark Jedi. They hesitated at first, then brought their rifles to bear on him. Angel heard them switch from stun to kill, and smiled in return.
Their first fwe shots went wide, but soon the guards found their aim. Walking towards them, a sinister grin on his face, Angel deflected bolt after bolt. One returned to its shooter, catching him full in the chest. When Angel was withing striking distance he took down the other 2 guards with well placed blows to the face. While his training saber wasn't lethal, it wouldn't pierce skin, it still packed a whallop.

"Angel, there's a few blaster rifles here for your Fire team." Rizzit yelled across the room, "and heres a secure comlink so we can keep in touch." The former SL tossed it across the room, and Angel caught it in midair with an invisible hand, guided by the Force.

"Get moving Rizz. Squall, distribute the remaining weapons to our team. We move out in 3 minutes." ANgel ordered, deactivating his saber.

"Pitiful fools" he muttered in reference to the guards, "You're lucky to still be alive." He kicked each savagely in the ribs, adding the strength of the Force to his blows, then turned around and stalked back towards his waiting Fire Team.

-----------------------
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/SL/SSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

July 14, 2004 1:19:40 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I don't know why I find it funny that I'm torturing Kuroishi this way but I am.  Maybe I have gone off the deep end.  Whatever the case I'm feeling a lot more calm and collected today.  Let's see if I can make this work.  /OOC]

Kuroishi just sat in his room staring at the train schedule.  There was no mention of the passenger train he had just derailed.

Had he really become that callous and or careless?

He knew this was not the time for brooding.

There would be time for him to think about this later, at least that is what Kuroishi had been telling himself.  Despite his best efforts he could not help but focus on the wreck he had just caused.

Sitting in a dark corner Kuroishi could barely register the new preseance in the room.

"So you've finally done it.  You've gone over the line.  This time your luck ran out.  So now here you are brooding over something that you have done."  Kuroishi wasn't sure if it was his otherself or if he was having a hallucination.

At that point it didn't make much difference.

"You and I both knew there would come a time like this.  War is chaos.  You have been an agent of chaos for most of your life.  Why not take a break?"  Daishi continued.

"You have something worth continueing for.  I however do not.  I've now lost everything.  You have your wife and child still."  Kuroishi answered.

"There you are wrong.  You have one thing left worth fighting for, vengance.  If it were not for the New Republic and it's predacessor, the Rebel Alliance, none of the tragedy in your life would have happened.  You will never lose that.  If there truely is a hell we are both already so smegging damned that we're heading there no matter what we do from here on out."  Daishi countered in a grave tone.

Even if it was a halucination, his otherself just made a good point.  He had used vengance as a motivator before, why stop now?

He was forsaken, the unsavable, he was fallen.  Black Death the new leader of the Fallen.

The revelation would only doom him further, but he was already staring at death sentances in the New Republic, so what was a few more war crimes?

Kuroishi quietly left his room with a look on his face that would scare most mortal men to death.

Grabbing his rifle, vibro katana, a few tools, a tube of glue, and some explosives he had terror to bring to this world's defenders.

He crept out into the streets purposefully looking for a patrol of troopers.

"Halt citizen, what are you doing out past cerfew?"  The squad leader said as Kuroishi emerged from the shadows.

"I have come to bring you the gift of eternal pieces."  Kuroishi said as he pulled the pin from a grenade then dropped and kicked the grenade at the squad of troopers.

Drawing his vibro katana he charged the squad a fraction of a second after the explosion.  Two quick slices before the vibro katana got to full effectivenes and Kuroishi was short two opponents.

A dash and a couple swings later and Kuroishi was satisfied with his gruesome work.

"Those of you still alive leave here and tell your friends and your fellow troopers that your pressance is not welcome here anymore, but leave your severed limbs, they belong to me now."  Kuroishi said as the remaining troopers scampered off, not even brave enough to take thier wounded who couldn't leave under thier own power.

Kuroishi looked down at those left behind.

"Congradulations, you've won an all expenses paid trip to the hospital."  Kuroishi said as he took out his tube of glue.

Kuroishi began to think, this was an evil idea he was having but today seemed the day for them.

Kuroishi used his white hot vibro katana to cauderize the wounds then grabbing thier limbs began to glue them togetherin a bizare mockery of the local holy symbol.

"May as well insult as many dieties as I can at this point."  Kuroishi muttered to himself as he worked.

Kuroishi grabbed a comm off a trooper and turned it to the emergency frequency.

"You better send an ambulance to Geranium and Elm."  Kuroishi said before pocketing the comm unit.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

July 14, 2004 4:02:20 PM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    With alarms blaring in their ears the four troopers entered the turbolift to secure the weapons and rearm themselves. Rizzit cocked the DH-17 as the other troopers did the same. The whirring of the turbolift started to whine down as the fire team neared their destination. FlyingKnight pocketed his prax protector and stuck his wrist comm to his wrist. The door hissed open into a medium sized corridor and Rizzit cautiously looked into the hall seeing no personnel yet he signaled his troops to follow him.

A door opening in front of the troops a technician stepped out into the corridor as the four troops flattened against the cold metal wall. The tech. closed the door and Rizzit snuck up behind him and smashed him in the back of his head with his rifle. He fell with a thud as Rizzit looked around and signaled for FlyingKnight and Substance to search the body for anything useful. Pulling out a datapad and a code cylinder Knight pocketed the pad and gave the cylinder to Rizzit for safe keeping. Substance picked up the body after handing a holster with a DL-44 in it to Rizzit. Strapping on the holster Rizzit stood and said, "Ok guys we need to get to the ship, Substance hide the body in that storage closet over there while Knight you scout ahead."

Moving forward silently Knight walked slowly to secure the area ahead for Rizzit and his team. Suddenly hearing the thundering clap of many boots he saw the shadows of marines making there way around the corner ahead. Knowing that Rizzit didn't want to deal with marines he did a 180 and ran quickly back to where Rizzit was standing. Substance just closed the door to the storage closet as Rizzit saw Knight and then heard the squad coming down the hall. Not risking to see what was in the room that the technician exited out of Rizzit motioned for the team to move into the storage area where the body was hidden. Cramming themselves in Knight turned on a small electronic glow stick to see what was in their surroundings. The closet was only big enough to hold a speeder bike vertically and the room had a green tint because of the chem stick Knight turned on. Seeing the body of the unconscious tech Knight nodded after looking at their surroundings. Whispering quietly Rizzit said, "Ok guys we are getting into a hurry as soon as that squad passes we're going to make a running dash for the docking bay."
    "Roger that sir you lead the way," Knight said smiling. The thunderous marines marched by and Rizzit waited until he was sure the squad was gone and opened the door. Just as the team stepped out the siren from the fire alarms stopped. Checking their weapons the squad started to jog down the hall. Encountering minimal resistence the team took a break when they came to a corner. Just as they stopped a voice from behind rang out, "Hey you freeze, hands up." Rizzit spun around and shot the trooper as the other guard opened fire on the four imperials. The lead guard didn't have a chance to speak another word as they fired all their rifles at once. The bolts bounced off the walls and knocked down the two other guards that were shooting.

"Okay the docking bay is just up ahead, we're going to split up. Knight your with me, and Japer your with substance. Knight and I will charge in and take cover while you two will run in and draw their fire away from us. We will cover you and take out anybody taking shots at you. Alright lets go." Rizzit explained, checking ahead and moving towards the door the team followed close behind. Using the code cylinder to open the door effortlessly Rizzit and Knight charged in and looke for immediate cover. There was a pile of cargo boxes to the right and the duo dove for cover shooting at anything in the room. The cargo bay was as it was before when they left their ship to get detained. The surprised NR personnel started to raise their weapons and fire at the pile as the other two imperials ran to the left to take cover behind a repulsor sled. Wishing he had a few grenades to blow up some rebels Knight rolled out from cover and shot a rebel twice in the chest bringing him down. Making a dash for one of the Republic ships he felt a burning sensation in his left leg as a bolt grazed his flesh. Falling behind a supply container Knight scrambled to look around the box. Taking a glance around the box he saw the horrific site of heavily armed marines coming toward the hangar down a corridor. "Oh sithspit," he muttered to himself as he opened a line to Rizzit's comm. "We have about two squads of heavily armed marines coming toward the north entrance to the hangar."
    "Roger that, *sigh* ok get into the ship you're near and power up the turrets lay down some suppresive fire on the entrances," Rizzit ordered then closed the comm.

Reloading his weapon Knight checked again and ran for the ships boarding ramp. Closing the ramps door he looked around and headed for the cockpit. Entering the cockpit he frantically looked for the weapons control panel, seeing it toward the side he flicked a switch which in turn powered up the turret. Also pushing a combination of buttons he  activated the ships shields. Running out of the cockpit he slid down the ladder that lead to the belly turret. Sitting down the imperial swung the turret to face the entrance to the hangar. Knight smiled as he fired the turret and the bolts slammed into the armor of the republic marines.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
-Raider Squad
-
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
July 14, 2004 4:09:13 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis had been in the city, sneaking around looking for some other form of chaos to spread.  When he heard the loud explosion and saw the bright light he immediately took out his electrobinoculars.

He could see that the thing that blew up was a train, a passenger train.  From the bodies that were strewn about the area, he could tell that the casualties would number in at least the high hundreds, if not thousands.

Anubis moved his position in order to find a better view, and he could now see the bodies in more detail.  Some were missing limbs, others were missing a large portion of skin and muscle.

Anubis knew that it must have been one of the Wraiths, but they weren't supposed to hit civilians, were they?

Anubis then lost interest, and returned to the streets, imagining silently to himself the great horror that the people on that train must be experiencing, and enjoying his mental image of the carnage.  And while he knew his thoughts were of the evil variety, he couldn't help but revel in them as he made his way back to their hideout.

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

July 15, 2004 3:21:32 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
(Set shortly before the Raider's escape)

The tech was true to his word.
A fews minute and a couple of dozen pass codes later, the tech successfully triggered the fire alarms of the station and looked up at Afyon , his lower lip trembling, "Can I go now?"

Afyon shook his head, then shouted over the loud blare of alarms, "A little later if you're good."
Turning around, the Gunny motioned at the rest of his squad to get moving, "Remember, you have five minutes, make the time count."

Rema threw a sloppy salute, then waved impatiently at Kami, TK and Zek.

Tightening her grip about her newly acquired Rebel Marine weapons, which had been helpfully provided by the dead Rebel Guards, Kami checked that the explosives the Dragoons had scavenged from a weapons locker near their position were still strapped securely to her back. Feeling like a moving chuck of T.N.T, Kami followed Rema out the doorway and into the chaos beyond.

The once deadly still corridor was alight with action.
Red lights flashed in almost every corner, and sprinkler heads had dropped down prematurely and were soaking panic stricken technicians as they attempted to make sense of the situation. Taking full advantage of her Rebel soldier uniform, Kami pointed down the corridor, towards the lifts, "Get out of here while you can!" She yelled, forcing as much terror into her voice as possible, "It's a big fire!"

The tech's didn't hesitate, and fled immediately in the direction of the lifts. Shaking her head, Kami jogged a few steps to catch up with the rest of her squad, catching up just in time to slide between the doors of the main lift.
"Ah, thought we'd lost you time bomb." TK grinned, thumping the button that would take the Dragoons to the core level.
Resisting the urge to punch TK on the arm, in case the jarring blew her into a million pieces, Kami settled instead on watching the numbers climb as the elevator towards the core.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 15, 2004 7:32:22 AM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

July 15, 2004 1:54:26 PM    View the profile of Rema 
[OOC:Long, but oh well.]

The piercing screech of the fire alarms could still be heard inside the quickly moving turbolift. As the lift neared its destination, Corporal Reon "Rema" Elos turned to the rest of his squad.

"Ok guys, dont expect these uniforms to get us far. These guys down here will be skeptical." Rema explained turning to Kami. "Stay behind all of us, we dont need a stray shot hitting the explosives. I'd prefer to be out of here by the time they go off. Check your weapons and get ready."

Rema turned around with the Dragoons at his back. He pulled his blaster from his holster and quickly made sure it was on "kill". Sliding the blaster back into its home, Rema checked the mission clock.

3 minutes.

As he looked at the clock, Rema noticed for the first time his hands were shaking. He had seen to much combat with not enough down time. A nice vacation after they took Coruscant was what he needed. Clenching and unclenching his hands into fists, he shrugged off this minor problem. It can wait until im back in Imperial space.

The turbolift quickly slowed as it reached its destination. The doors slid open with a swoosh, revealing a security post. Three young human males stood with blasters aimed at the door. Rema quickly exited the turbolift and called out to the troopers.

"Lower your weapons, do we look like the enemy?" Rema barked as the Dragoons walked up to the trio.

"Sorry sir, command has issued a lock down because of the fire," the lead soldiers announced. Fear could be seen in his eyes.

"Right, but my group needs to get into the core to secure the monitoring systems." Rema explained walking past the trooper.

"Sir, i cant let you in," the trooper said leveling his blaster at Rema. "Unless i hear from command, no one is to enter the core."

With a sigh Rema turned to the rest of his group. With a quick nod, the Imperial corporal threw his body back smashing into the group of rebels. Two of the rebels fell with him, while the third fell to the combined blaster fire of Kami, TK, and Zek. Rolling away from the fallen soldiers, Rema pulled his blaster and launched a shot into the single camera monitoring the entrance. Three more blaster shots signified the end of the rebel threat in this room.

Pushing himself up off the ground, Rema inspected the work of the group. Nodding, he brushed off his uniform and straightened it.

"Good work, lets move." Rema said headeding to the blast door that lead into the core room. As the large thick door split open, the Dragoons ran into a room that served as the monitoring and repair station for the core. Five confused techs stood around the room looking at the Imperials.

"Gah, no time to deal with them." Rema growled as he opened fire on the techs.

The Dragoons began firing at the rebel technicians, taking down three. As the Imperials headed to finish off the resistance a new alarm went off. The blast door to the core and behind the Dragoons began to close. Cursing Rema yelled for the squad to get into the core. With two blaster shots, the rebel techs were eliminated.

Running towards the closing doors, Rema dived through the small opening and crashed into TK as he landed in the core room. Rolling off TK, the imperial corporal pushed himself to his feet.

"Sorry bout that TK," Rema said smiling and offering his hand to the sergeant. Pulling him up, the group set to work setting the charges. The core room consisted of the core in a giant shaft with scaffolding surrounding the core itself. Within a few minutes of work, all the charges were set to blow in ten minutes. Slipping his comlink from his belt, Rema contacted Afyon.

"Gunny, charges are set down here. Got a problem though, i think one of the techs set off an alarm."

"Well Remmy, you have about thirty soldiers heading for your position. And..." Afyon paused. "Well, make that the entire station is on its way down there. Get out. Fast."

"Right, Rema out." Putting his comlink away, Rema turned to the rest of the group. They all had their blasters leveled at the blast door they entered through. Clicking sounds of the door unlocking made Rema's eyes go wide.

"Guys! Get over here NOW!"

Rema turned and headed for the other entrance to the core. The blast door could be heard opening behind him. Skidding to a halt in front of the door controls, he crouched down and ripped off the panel. Connecting his datapad to the mess of wires, he set to work opening the blast door. Blaster shots began to ring out as the rebels entered the core. Madly entering commands, Rema quickly tried to open the door.

"Corporal they are getting closer!" Kami yelled firing off a shot that nailed a rebel in the head. Cursing to himself, Rema kept trying as sweat starting gathering on his forehead. Finally the wonderful sound of the door lock clicking, announced Rema's success. Jumping up he aimed his blaster at the opening doors. Only three bewildered rebels stood looking at the scene before them. Three quick shots dropped all the shocked rebels the ground.

"Dragoons! Lets MOVE!!" Rema yelled jogging towards turbolift. Smashing his thumb to summon the lift, he turned and started shooting at rebels. The Imperials fell back firing at the rebels. A stray shot exploded above Zek causing him to fall to the ground. Running towards him without thinking, Rema grabbed Zek's shirt collar and pulled him towards the turbolift, which had just arrived. As he pulled Zek into the lift, a rebel popped up and took one shot as the doors were closing. It nailed Rema in the upper shoulder. Collapsing to the ground, he let out a scream of pain.

"Sithspit that hurts." Rema winced as Kami examined his shoulder. Taking his comlink he contacted Afyon.

"Gunny, things are looking good. I doesnt look like we can get back up over to you in time. Im gonna head to the hangers on this side of the station and get the group out."

"Roger that Rema. Good luck." Afyon said. Rema closed the channel and re-holstered his comlink.

"TK, if i pass out you have command. Just get us to a ship and get us out of here." As soon as Rema finished blackness engulfed him.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
July 15, 2004 10:44:26 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor had been wondering all over bestine when he finnaly picked a suitable target. He walked casually across the street to the communications center.

The communications center handled all of the phone services as well as a good portion of the internet in bestine. He walked around the large complex twice scouting out the various cameras and security features.

okay, two cammeras on the main door, razor wire fence, cammera on each corner looking down the walls, and 2 gaurds walking the area. Shouldnt be too hard so long as i can get past the gaurds.. I dont want to kill them, but I wont feel bad if i have to. Well thats it, here goes nothing

Mandor pulled his shadow suit from his pack and threw it on the razor wire. Its balistic nylon protected his hands, and stayed in perfect condition. His pulled his suit down, and jogged to the wall in front of him.

He pulled off the bulky pants he was wearing, and slid the shadow suit over his shirt and breifs. He pulled a disc from his pack and dropped it down the front of his suit. He also tucked several throwing knives into the wrist schethe. Lastly he grabbed his wire cutters, and started walking around the corner to his right.

all clear He ran from the wall into the shadows where the lights on the top of the building wouldnt give him away. He walked twords a door in a small gap in the building.

As he approached he saw the light of one of the gaurds coming around the corner about 30 yards off. He slid into the shadow of the gap and waited.

Damn, hes coming closer. GET OUT OF HERE YOU DAMN FOOL!

The gaurd kept coming closer and in a matter of 20 seconds was at Mandors small gap. He walked past the gap, and Mandor jumped out behind him.

He pulled on of the knives from his wrist and krept closer behind the gaurd. He raised his arm, and struck between the 3rd and 4th vertibre.

The gaurd slumped to the ground, dieing instantly. Mandor dragged the body into the shadow of the gap, and looked at the door.

There was a pad for swiping secuirty cards. Mandor took the knife he just used, and slid the tip behind the panel. He pried it out exposing 5 wires. He looked at the wires.

Blue, Blue Green, Red, Red White, Black.

okay lets see here, blue goes to the lock, Blue Green goes to the receptor, Red must go to the output, Red White must be power for LEDs, and Black..... shit, what does Black do?

Mandor snipped the Blue green and the Red White. He put the Red White onto the wire, and heard a spark.

The receptor is blown, thats good.

He snipped the Blue, and repeated the process. He heard the buzz of the door unlocking.

He entered the building.

now that im in, time to find the main frame

-----------------------
TRP/LCP Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BoA]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:19:29 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 96  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >