Author
Topic:  Chapter 8 : Army
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  69
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
August 4, 2004 9:21:29 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
Just then Caleb walked into the lounge. Lukas reconised him and walked over.

"Hey.. You must be Caleb."

"Um... Yeah, hi."

"Im Lukas, Welcome."

"Thanks Lukas"

The two men greeted each other then Caleb went and sat down. Then a man came along to Caleb and said " You are being moved to annather room. Caleb jumped up and followed the man. When they arrived the man gave Caleb the Key Card for the door. When they entered Caleb liked the room before he ever looked inside everything. the man showed him where the rosters, the screen, the MSE-6 "Mouse" Driod, the Contact Numbers and the new gear was.

When the man left Caleb thort he would try out his new gear. So Caleb went to the Training place and trained for a few hrs with his gear, then he came back, took a shower to get all the swet off him, then he came back to the lounge and talked to a few peaple.

-----------------------
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFC Caleb/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Beat me the heat"
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
August 4, 2004 9:26:05 PM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    FlyingKnight was sitting in his quarters laying their thinking about the recent events that he just went through. Substance dying and all the injuries that he had to treat was starting to get to him. Also the new members to the squad and the events moving so fast. The results of war going through his mind, trying to shut the thoughts out he jumped and almost fell off his bed because R2-Z7 let out a series of beeps. "Hey R2 could you please not do that when I am laying down," Knight sneered at the droid. R2 beeped in sorrow as he moved over to the corner waiting to be charged up. Plugging in the droid Knight put on his comm tech uniform and his utility belt to go take a look around and maybe do some work to cool off. Walking out the door he turned off the light and locked his quarters, walking down the brightly lit hallway he headed toward the administrators office and walked in.
    "Heya Frank how ya doing?" Tom the dominion's computer administator asked.
    "Good, hey would you have any work I could do?" Knight responded.
    "Yeah I do, but wouldn't you want to get some rest?"
    "I want to but I need some time to think and you know the best way for me to think is when I am working."
    "Okay sure, if you want you can go fix a bug in the computer that is on deck 14 bulkhead 26B."
    "Thanks Tom, I will call you when that bug is fixed." Knight waved walking out of the office and toward the turbolift. I wonder what is in store for the Raiders next. he thought entering the turbolift heading for his repair job.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
August 5, 2004 6:06:58 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
The debreifing had been long...and boring..and Kami was aching all over. She pressed a hand to her throbbing forehead. She needed sleep, but with all the dreams she'd been having lately, she wasn't sure it would do her any good...

"You look like you need this more than i do."
Kami glanced up as a drink appeared on the bar bench in front of her.
Startled, she turned and came face to face with Zafo.
"Hey," she smiled, "Thanks."
Zafo clinked glasses, and together the two privates downed their drinks.
"You heard from Afyon about Remmy or Zek?" Zafo asked, motioning to the Bar droid for another round.
Kami shook her head, watching suspiciously as the droid lined up a series of shots, "Not yet..."
Zafo gave her a mischevious grin, "I'm trying to get you drunk."
Kami laughed tiredly, "You think that'll help?"
He shrugged, then pushed a shot glass into Kami's hand, "Probably not, but it'll help pass the time."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 5, 2004 9:04:41 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
'The Pain...' was all Anubis could think about when he finally began to reach consciousness.  And it wasn't just in his body, but also his mind, as if someone had opened up his head, and was stabbing at his brain.

When Anubis finally opened his eyes he noticed he was in a dark room.  As far as he could tell, no one was with him...but any plan of escape was thwarted by the shackles that kept his arms and legs immobile on the table he was on.

"Ah, so you are awake...I thought you'd never wake up." said a mysterious female figure from a dark place where the shadows were too much to see anything.  As she stepped into what little light filtered through from the not so perfect ceiling, Anubis could see she was not alone.  Two guards were with her, both carrying concussion rifles.

"I suppose I should introduce myself to you...I am Vosla Tek, leader of the Night Hawks.  Now tell me, who are you?" The Woman, a twi'lek from what Anubis could see, demanded.

While he wanted to give an alias, or not even answer the person that had obviously been the cause of such pain to him, Anubis knew his body couldn't take anymore, and answered plainly.  "My name is Anubis."

The woman went on with questions, luckily none of them related to whom he worked for.  And after 3 hours of intense questioning, the woman and her guards left him to fall back into the darkness that was sleep.

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 5, 2004 5:47:50 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes sat easily on the barstool, it was his natuar habitat, some people would ddrone on about the advantages of sitting in the dark corner where nobody saw you and you could see everything and blah blah blah, but Snipes liked the inconspicuos barstool, the simple noise of the bar gave him enough knowledge about what was happening in it, it was a symphony to him and from the sounds he knew what was going on. The whiskey drained down his throat easily, and rythmic motions of the bartender droids arm filling before the slight click that truly said it was down, he could hear the clicking of dice and the swoosh of cards behind him, the happy laughs and the drunken sluring that where normal to any bar any where, even here on the Dominion. Snipes heard the swish of the door as two more people walked in, from the voices Snipes guessed Kami and Zafo, Snipes didnt turn, he heard them move twards the bar, could hear the slight change of peoples voices as they made thier way threw, the pace they where walking ment they had both had a little to drink already.
"Hello, Kami, Zafo" Snipes said, a smile inking its way across his face.
"huh?" Zafo said " Snipes, ya, how'd you know?"

"the force" Snipes said spinning around on the stool, the smile spreading further across his face to reveal the whole joke. Snipes couldnt use the force, Snipes knew they knew it by the mirthfull laughs they released." wouldnt get too drunk, we might be shipping out; any way, come sit here" Snipes said as he shooed a corporal and a PFC off the two stools to his right.

"we where gonna go for a table, wanna join us" Kami spoke up.

"ya, sure, drinks on me" Snipes lifted four fingers at the Bar droid and four bottles of premium Corellian whiskey where deposited on the bar shortly."come"

Snipes walked to a semi-circular booth against the wall, the other two fallowed and plopped down across from him. a hologram came up from the center of the table to take thier orders but Snipes waved it away, sliding a bottle to each of them and keeping two for himself.

"you like the hard stuff, dont you?" Zafo said staring at the label.

"realy hard" Kami threw in

"ya" Snipes poped the top off his first bottle and took a swig from it." this stuffs pretty good, now just if FA dosent catch me, wich is gonna be harder now. . ." Snipes trialed off into a swig of his bottle.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 5, 2004 11:10:34 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
August 6, 2004 6:42:14 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas watched Caleb leave the Lounge with a man he didn't know.

He got up and went back to the window, staring out and clearing his mind full of evil and thoughtful hate.

Lukas took out a datapad he had been carrying around, which was about the tactics/strategies the Raiders used in battle.

Lukas walked over to a nearby table that was hidden in the shadows and sat down at it.

He looked up every now and then when he heard the whooshing of the door open and close.

He saw a few people he knew when they walked in, but didn't talk to them, and went went back to reviewing his datapad.

Lukas looked up when he heard Fallen Angel's name and listened carefully as Snipes talked about trying to not get caught, after drinking.

A grin came across his face when he heard this and then went back to reading his pad oncemore.

Lukas read the datapad word for word very carefully, taking in mental notes when he thought it was important.

He got up and walked out of the Lounge, passing Caleb on the way out, he gave him a short and brief nod.

Lukas walked down the corridor and went down back to his quarters.

Lukas walked into his room, hearing the whoosh of the door close and locked himself in.

He then walked over to the window in his quarters and stared out into the vast depths of time and space.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Head of the Pie Party (Political Party)
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
August 6, 2004 9:02:01 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon leaned back against the wall as the Medical Officer briefed him on the condition of Kain, Zek, and Rema.  Afyon breathed a heavy sigh as the bad news continued to roll in.  As it stood, it looked like Zek was out of commission for a long time and Kain was mostly likely not ever going to be able to fight again.  Rema was recovering slowly.  It seemed as though the shot he took in the shoulder had been a bit lower down and closer to his chest which caused much more serious damage than first thought.  However, with another round or two of bacta he would be able to do some light fighting.  Afyon looked at medical ward he was in and saw all three of his men asleep.  He sighed again, thanked the officer and left the room.

As he left the sick bay, Afyon looked down and noticed he still hadn't gotten out of the charred rebel uniform that he had worn on the platform.  In fact he hadn't done much since he got back on the ship save for wandering around in pain and frustration.  He had stormed out of debriefing when they began to ask for detailed explanations of all the combat engagements he had on the platform.  He couldn't bear to relive yet again how he executed those two rebels in the computer room.

Afyon wandered in a half daze towards the bar.  All he could think about were the three men lying in sick bay.  He had never seen such high casualties amongst his men before.  Even when he was in other squads, having more than one person badly hurt was a rarity.  Now he had three, four if he considered his injuries.  The Medical Officer had suggested yet again that Afyon undergo bacta therapy to heal both his shoulder and broken ribs but he refused, giving some half-ass excuse about hating bacta.

Finally, Afyon managed to make his way into the lounge and wandered over to the bartending droid in a daze.  "Two bottles of Corellian whiskey."  He muttered to the droid.  The droid quickly took two bottles from one of the cabinets under the bar and put them down on the counter in front of Afyon.  Afyon slowly placed the moneyon the bar and took the two bottles.  He had his way over to a booth in the corner and sat down, back as much as possible to the rest of the people in the lounge.  He opened the first bottle and took a large gulp of the liquid.  It burned slightly down his throat and a few seconds later, Afyon felt slightly warm and relaxed as if his blood had begun to flow again.  He took another sip and began to go into deep thought.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/GSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 6, 2004 6:34:35 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon swept into the alleyway, twin pistols sweeping ahead of him.

There were three people in the alley, two of whom were armed.

Both of their weapons had been shot before they could train them on Argon.

"Where is he?" Argon rumbled, still aiming his pistols at the men.

A small twitch in one of the men gave Argon a slight warning.

Flinging himself sideways, he brought one pistol in line behind him, firing and killing one being, throwing him backward and sending his metal pipe flying.

Behind the now dead attacker, a huge mob was rushing toward him.

Hitting one wall of the alley, he pushed off of it, propelling himself away from it, shooting both of the original alleyway residents as they got in his way.

"Fish!" he shouted into his comm, "get everyone you can and get over here, the mob has taken over the streets!"

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 7, 2004 12:51:52 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
As he once again came back into a state of relative awakeness, Anubis saw that he was now in a different room.  Rather than the dark, almost ancient room he was in before, he was now in a somewhat modern, lowly lit room.

Anubis also saw that the shackles that once kept him immobile were now gone, and his garments had changed from his ragged Bestine civilian clothing to that which was often seen being worn by the nobles of the planet.

The door suddenly wooshed open, and in walked Vosla, this time without the bodyguards.

"Ah, I see you are once again awake...good."  After her little comment, she took out what appeared to be a comlink and spoke into it in a tone that was too quiet for Anubis to hear.

In a matter of moments a man that seemed like a cross between guard and servant entered the room with a plate of what was the favored cuisine of Corellians along with a glass which held what appeared to be Corellian Brandy.

'Either I've died and gone to what must be heaven, or this person knows me better than I thought.' Anubis gave a quick thought before settling down to the small table in the room to eat.

After eating the hearty meal, and becoming somewhat intoxicated by the high-proof brandy, Anubis then decided to ask Vosla how she knew he was Corellian, and furthermore why she seemed so familiar.

"You mean you don't remember me Anubis, sad...I thought that you wouldn't have forgotten over the years.  I guess I was wrong. Oh well, it doesn't matter...your friends will be coming here soon and I can't allow them to find me."

And before she could even allow Anubis to respond, she took out a stun pistol from within her jacket and shot Anubis.  He fell, but she caught him and placed him onto the bed he woke up on.  Then with a gentle kiss, she left the room to make her way out of the building and out of the city.

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
August 7, 2004 5:16:47 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi shot into full battle armor in record time.  Men under his command were in danger and it served as the catalyst he needed to bring his mood swings under control for now.

Opening a duffle he swore only to open in dire emergencies Kuroishi drew out the Timbique Edition Zues and two drum clips of anti personel rounds.

Without waiting for anyone else Kuroishi bounded through the streets using all his strength and speed gained from being from a high gravity homeworld and being in a close to normal gravity environment.

In no time flat Kuroishi found Argon.

A few loud cracks from his fifty caliber rifle and the shattered remains of thier former comrades managed to take the fight out of most of the mob.

"All right interpid Whiphid tracker which way to Anubis?"  Kuroishi said as he hoped down next to Argon and fired a pair of shots to discourage the rest of the mob.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
August 7, 2004 9:43:09 PM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    After finishing up the repairs on deck  bulkhead  Knight thought he should do some extra training on some of the computer skills he has to do so often on missions. Walking to his quarters Knight got his comm gear and his slicing computer to do some much needed training. Entering the simulator room he strapped on his pack and entered the simulator and closed the hatch. A strong wooshing sensasion came to him as he wasn't accostumed to the simulators effects. Starting out in the indescript simulator loading area he chose his weapons and other various gear to be loaded in he chose Communication Technician Training program 8: Software interfacing theory. Hitting the load command he felt another wooshing sensation as the simulator loaded the necessary backround and simulated personnel.
    Standing in an unknown rebel base corridor the beginning slicer crouched and looked around checking his datapad for any lifeforms and or droids. Also looking at his objectives he was ordered to slice into three access terminals without beeing caught. Seeing nothing on his built in scanner he moved forward slowly while constantly checking it. Seeing a computer terminal he thought that slicing into it he could find some security cameras so that he could steer away from the more high traffic areas. Opening his laptop he pulled out one of his enforcer silenced pistols and set it on the terminal so he would have easy reach to get rid of any wanderers that came near him working. Hooking up the laptop the corporal started up the computer and loaded a few programs to aid him in his slicing.
    Starting up a working program to break into the rebel mainframe using various codes that are known to be used by rebel administrators. Sitting around is all he could do to let his customized program do its work to get some access to the mainframe. Hearing some footsteps around a corner near him Knight grabbed his slugthrower and checked to see if there was a round in the chamber. Silently jogging toward the corner he quickly peered around to see an engineer taking off a panel and cutting some wires. Slowly walking up behind the engineer Knight was suddenly shot by a rebel guard sending him to the ground. He collapsed grabbing his side where the stun bolt hit him.

** 30 minutes of unconsciouness later **

Waking up to a cold floor at the bottom of a cell Knight sat up quickly and regretted doing so because of the pain that shot up the side of his ribs from the bolt. Seeing he had all his gear removed he looked around and wondered why the simulator didn't reset because he got caught. I guess I will have to break out of this cell and reset the system myself. It will be break practice though. Knight thought to himself. Laying down on the metal bunk he thought that it would be a good idea for him to take a rest first then escape.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 8, 2004 11:44:10 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"This way," said Argon, waiting for a break in the fire before he dashed off down a side alley.

He stopped for a moment as soon as he was around the corner to let Kuroishi catch up.

As Kuroishi rushed past him, he flung a grenade at the spot where they had been hiding.

Rushing along behind Kuroishi who was waiting at the next corner.

"This way," he said again, dashing around the corner.

A blast behind him told him that the crowd would be less inclined to follow him than before.

Hopefully they could get to Anubis soon, who knows whose custody he was now in.

[OOC: Let me know when you want to be rescued to give you some time to develope this  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 8, 2004 1:06:39 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
After being unconscious for 20 minutes, Anubis woke up and headed out the door.  Not far away from the room he was kept in, Anubis found a supply room that kept his clothing, blaster, and the little equipment he was carrying w/ him before being abducted.

He also found some things that would come in handy, such as a sequencer charge and vibroblade.  Anubis suited up into his original clothing and strapped on the blaster, charge, and vibroblade to his utility belt.

Anubis ran out of the supply room and searched several rooms for data terminals from which he could find a map of the building and escape.

After searching for several minutes, he came to the command complex of the building.  He entered, hoping not to be caught by any security or guards, but was surprised to see a full group of 20 well-armed men waiting for him.

Anubis wasted no time in dropping to the floor and opening fire w/ his blaster.  Neither did the guards, and 1 well-placed shot caused a severe burn to Anubis' left arm.  Seeing that these men were obviously going to kill him if he stayed, Anubis ran out of the room and down the great hallway he came from hoping to find an exit...

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
JR
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 8, 2004 1:31:40 PM    View the profile of JR 
JR was in his room taking a long needed shower.  He thought about the previous mission, he always hated seeing a squadmate die.  It always reminded him of his pre empire days living the life of a smuggler, and that one horrible day when he watched his best friend and partner being gunned down by a rebel guard while shielding JR from the blasts.  It was because of that incident that JR had decided end his smuggling days and become an trooper for the empire.

JR got out of the shower and put on his imperial boxer shorts.  Feeling casual and wanting to relax he covered himself with his pink bathrobe and put on his pink bunny slippers.  he left his room and made his way to the bar.  After having a coulpe of drinks he made his way to the electronic sabacc machines and started to play.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
Raiders Squad
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
August 8, 2004 7:28:04 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami's throat was sore from laughing.
Zafo and Snipes had gotten louder and funnier as the pile of bottles in front of the duo increased in size.
And both seemed intent on helping to cheer her up.
Zafo gave her a wink, then pushed a new bottle into Kami's hand, "You're falling behind Kam, letting the DD team down."
Kami grinned, then pushed the drink back towards the center of the table
"As if it's possible for either of us to keep up with Snipes..." she told him, "...he's a black hole when it comes to drinking."
Snipes threw her a lopsided grin from across the table, "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Room for four?"
Kami glanced up to see an out of uniform TK.
Getting to her feet, Kami gestured to her vacated seat, "I was just leaving... I have to sleep sooner or later."
Zafo let out a loud groan, "She's right you know...how depressing."
Kami laughed, then gently cuffed the back of Zafo's head, "Now don't you be home too late."
Zafo grimaced at Snipes and TK, "Roommates."

"I'll leave you men too..." Kami glanced at Snipes for inspiration, and received only a mysterious smile in return, "to talk about manly things..."
Raising a hand in farewell, Kami walked from the bar and began to trek slowly back towards her and Zafo's quarters. About halfway there, the aches returned in full force, the blow of the headache causing Kami to stop in her tracks. Her hand clutching at her forehead, Kami punched open the door to her quarters then stumbled towards her bed, throwing herself onto its starched covers. Realizing numbly that she was still clothed in her smoke scented Rebel uniform, she managed to kick off her boots before sleep crept into the corners of her vision...

"He's forcing us to become what he wants!"

Paige and Kami were fighting, for the first time in their lives...

"He wants two loyal imperial daughters, and he's not going to stop until he has them!" Paige was storming around the twin's bedroom, fists clenched..
"He's trying to help us!" Kami shot back, "And if you weren't so damm obsessed with politics you'd see he's just trying to be a good father!"
"A good father?!" Paige let out an angry laugh, "By knocking us around? By droning on for hours about the strong and the weak?" Paige grabbed Kami's shoulders and gave her a small shake, "He's a bad man Kami, and you know it. He might be Mr. nice at home, but he has no right to treat us...to treat you like he does when mom's not around."
Kami knocked aside her twin's arm, and saw her green eyes widen in response, "He's preparing us for the Empire!" She pointed out their small bedroom window to the Kuati street beyond, "To be good soldier... to be able to survive out there!"
Paige hesitated, her eyes searching her sister's, "You really believe what he's telling you?!"

Kami let the anger drain from her voice, then forced as much sincerity into her voice as she could, so as to convince her twin, "He might have a strange way of doing it Paige, but yeah...I do. How can you doubt his faith in the Empire? It's something even I belive in"
Paige seemed visibly choked, "Kami! Geezus! Believe in what? Order? Stability? It's all bullshit! The Empire is nothing to be proud of!"
Kami went stiff as shock flared up suddenly in her chest, "Paige..." she whispered.

Paige clamped her mouth shut, suddenly realizing that she had gone to far.
Her face became an unreadable mask, "I'm sorry," she said mutely, her words ringing false, "I'm just tired."
With that, her twin turned on her heel and stormed from room.

"Kami!"
Kami jolted upright in bed, then felt strong hands encase her shoulders.
"Its ok...its me."
Blinking against the bright lights of the quarters, Kami saw TK standing over her, concern etched into his dark eyes, "You were having a bad dream, its ok."
Kami felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment, "I..."
"It's alright." TK gave her a reassuring smile "You're not the only one who has them."
Kami nodded, then ran a hand through her wavy hair, suddenly feeling immensely self-conscious "What are you doing here?"
TK gestured over his shoulder towards Zafo's bed, which was now occupied by a heavily snoring Zafo, "Took him home, before Snipes destroyed his liver."
"Oh..."
Kami struggled to find words as a long period of silence filled the air.
"Well..." TK took a step back from her bed, as if feeling guilty for invading her personal space, "I'll get going then."
Kami nodded, "Thanks for bringing Zafo home."
TK gave her a uncertain smile, "Welcome."
Turning about, he switched of the lights, and walked from the room, the door to the quarters sliding silently shut behind him.

Kami sat for a few minutes listening to Zafo's snores, before her headache returned with stunning ferocity. Swearing, Kami rolled over, and prepared herself for another night of restless sleep...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 8, 2004 7:34:11 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 9, 2004 1:35:15 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon started at the sound of gunfire.

"This way," he said, switching direction in mid-stride, leaving Kuroishi to struggle his way around the turn.

"It was in this building," he said, stopping at a door.

Both blasters pointing ahead of him, he entered.

Kuroishi took a moment to plant a beacon at the doorway to let Fish know where they were before following Argon.

"This corridor," said Argon, still following the incessant sounds of gunfire.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 9, 2004 8:52:35 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis continued running, hoping to find a sign pointing to an exit, but when he passed a window he saw that he was in fact several stories up.

'Great, now it's gonna take longer before I can get out of this awful place.' Anubis told himself as he turned down the corridor, just barely avoiding several blaster bolts that would have struck him in the back.

Finding a stairway to the lower floor, Anubis jumped down without giving thought to how far down the jump would be.  Anubis fell hard onto the lower floor and felt pain shoot through his legs.

He had escaped the group of guards chasing him, but then the buildings security system activated, bringing up an alarm that would alert all of the guards in the entire building to his presence and making escape all the more "fun."

Anubis continued, relying on his instincts to lead him to a way down to the next level, but instead found a patrol group of heavily armed guards and security droids.  The droids were the first to react, opening fire w/ their heavy blasters.

Then Anubis heard the distinctive sound of a concussion blast as he ducked into an empty storage room.  "Blast, concussion rifles aren't what I need right now." Anubis said as he readied his blaster once again, but seeing that it was down to 25% energy left.  "I'm so going to need a vacation after this."

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 9, 2004 9:22:11 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
    Snipes looked over the bar, at the chrono, checking the time, it was getting late and as much as he'd love to stay and drink Kami had left, and later TK, dragging an unwilling Zafo behind him. Snipes pulled up his bill on the data-pad built into the table, it was high, really high, he searched threw his inside pockets, his secret ones, and pulled out a 1000 credit shit and tossed it in the receptacle. The trooper he was drinking with at the moment asked him where he was going.

"I gotta see what my squads up to, make sure all the idiots got cleaned up"

"What? I though you where a lance corporal" The now red-faced corporal said

Snipes laughed "I'm a sergeant" and with a quick spin he was out of the bar and walking adown the hall towards the RAIDERS barracks on the Dominion it wasn't the first time somebody had thought he wasn't a sergeant, he generally strayed from the normal yelling, working, spitting, mean sergeant stereo-type, in truth Snipes had never liked working, and often woke up with hangovers, was drunk whenever he could get away with it and could often be found napping on guard duty. He didn't know how he ever made it to sergeant.
    Snipes stepping into the main room of the RAIDERS barracks to see most everyone sitting around drinking and playing sabbac, squall hadn't even changed yet. And he was the only one. Snipes was surprised others hadn't been on him yet.
    "SQUALL! C'MON! We're GOIN FOR A BATH" Snipe yelled striding over and grabbing squall up by the scruff he packed the unhappy man out the door and striding down the hall towards the medical ward and the bacta tank, Squall had some bad looking cuts. Snipes didn't know how much brainpower it took to get cleaned up when you needed it.
It was about fifty-feet from the door that Snipes heard the creaking noise, he barely had time to make a jump backwards when an explosion rocked the hall, blowing out the bulkhead behind Snipes, Squall had gotten up and was dashing down he hall when the second one sounded, snipes could do nothing but watch in horror as Squall was shredded before hi eyes.
The RAIDERS came running out, Snipes hadn't moved, he was still lying there, stunned and covered in Squalls blood, he could hear the sirens going off over head and the fire extinguishers go off he was helped to his feet by a concerned looking JR, Snipes just withdrew a credit chit from his pocket and put it in JRs hand "you know my stuff, do me a favor, I'll be in Med-Bay" JR nodded, turned and ran toward the bar, Snipes turned on his heel and walked deliberately towards the medical wing, accompanied by FlyingKnight.

*About 12 minutes later*

"Snipes it wasn't your fault" Fallen angel tried to comfort Snipes unnecessarily.

"I know that" Snipes scoffed "I just don't like seeing my friends die in freak accidents."

"I know, its unfortunate; we're just lucky it didn't set the repair time back any, this movement is critical to our reclaiming the core, Snipes, we might go off on a mission any time now." FlyingKnight was trying, trying hard.

"Really, guys, I'm ok, and I'll be ok, just damn, get me another bottle, JR couldn't pick whisky if it fell on his head."

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 10, 2004 10:57:13 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Cuncussive explosions lead Argon ever closer to Anubis.

At least, he assumed that all the ruckus was about Anubis, he'd have to see.

One vault took him up a flight of stairs to the next floor, and once Kuroishi disabled the inhibitors on his armor, he followed suit.

Three floors up, they found themselves staring at the backs of over a dozen security guards and droids.

The guards were oblivious, focused entirely on their target, but the droids took notice instantly.

As they brought their guns to bear, Argon grabbed a fire extinguisher from the wall behind him and flung it with full force at the nearest droid.

The shattered droid parts as well as the resulting explosion of compressed carbon dioxide finally managed to get the attention of the guards, and threw the robots off balance for a few key seconds.

Reaching back inside the "break in case of fire" compartment, Argon drew out the hose.

Turning it to full, he turned it on the droids, who were recovering faster than the guards.

As he sprayed the nearest one with enough water force to send it sprawling against the wall, he noticed one of them shot from behind.

At least if it was Anubis back there, he was alive.

A cuncussion blast on the fire compartment shredded the beginning length of the hose, and let Argon know that he had spent as much time as he could out of cover.

As he dove back into one side of the corridor, Kuroishi leaned out the other, returning their fire with deadly accuracy.

Within seconds, the enemy fire began to track back toward Kuroishi, and Argon leaned out of his cover and began firing.

The whole time, more of them fell to shots from the other direction.

In a way, Argon pitied them.

They had inadvertently managed to catch their enemy in the crossfire, the most dangerous position to be in a battlefield situation.

But that wasn't enough for him to let any of them walk out alive.

Ten seconds later, but what felt like an eternity, all enemies were down.

Argon walked among them, taking the time to put one shot into each of their heads.

Meanwhile, Anubis emerged from the other end of the corridor, and Kuroishi went to meet him.

On his fifth victim, Argon froze.

Steps, sounding from all directions.

They were surrounded, and the enemy would soon be upon them again.

A few seconds later, Anubis and Kuroishi also froze, looking intently in all directions.

They heard it too.

"Sh*t," said Anubis, "we're trapped."

"Into one of the offices," said Kuroishi, "we'll stand a better chance inside one of them than in the corridor."

Rushing inside one, they threw over the desk and some cabinets as barricades and waited.

It would only be a matter of seconds before the enemy tried to come around the corner.

Instead, a grenade sailed through.

"The window!" shouted Kuroishi, already moving toward it.

Argon spared a quick second to grab Anubis.

Kuroishi, used to himself and Argon, had obviously forgotten that Anubis was human, and wasn't likely to enjoy a three story fall.

Kuroishi's shot shattered the window just seconds before he would have impacted it, sending transparisteel fragments shooting outward.

Argon was only a half second behind him, Anubis lodged firmly on his back.

The explosion came as they passed the second story, the shockwave adding more momentum to their downward flight.

Kuroishi hit hard, his metal armor crushing a duracrete slab of sidewalk.

Argon hit lighter, hitting the ground feet first and absorbing most of the impact.

Kuroishi took off running, and Argon, after depositing Anubis, followed him.

Anubis waited a half-second to let events catch up to him, then followed.

"Fish," said Kuroishi into his comm, "we're headed back, be prepared for some new analysis."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 10, 2004 1:39:50 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
After returning to their hideout, Kuroishi and Argon went to brief Fish on the situation that was rising throughout the city if not the entire planet.  Anubis went to get his medpack and began to clean up and bandage the wound that was on his left arm, as well as to check out the rest of his body.

After a good hour of checking and re-checking, Anubis found that nothing was broken.  The blaster shot to the arm would heal, but without bacta it would likely leave a scar.  That didn't matter to Anubis however.  While before he was too busy protecting his life to worry about what happened in the building, now he had plenty of time to think about Vosla, and what she told him.

'How is it that she knows who I am...she couldn't...' Anubis left the thought there, not willing to dwell on some of the deeper and darker secrets that lie in his past.

Anubis figured that he would be safe for the time being, and that Kuroishi and the others would likely take some time before deciding what their next move would be.  'This is as good time as any to take a nap.' And with that Anubis fell asleep, taking his first good rest since they arrived on Bestine.

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sandwich Sam
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  794
August 10, 2004 8:02:08 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam made his way to the lounge. He sat down with his coffee and wandering what could possibly be in store.

After ten minutes or so he saw his squad leader enter. He decided not to bother him, because he just got back from a mission and probably didn't care to mess with anyone at the time.

He finished his coffee then left the lounge to wander the corridors to get accuainted with the building before he would head back to the Dragoons area to meet everyone.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sandwich Sam
Dark Dragoons
Vast Empire Army
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  69
August 10, 2004 10:51:51 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
Caleb returned to his room and changed his gear and went to training. When he arrived he went to the plain wall climbing. He found the puzzle road thing to climb up and he was over in 2 secs, Then came the other 1. Caleb did 18 walls in 2 hrs. You may think he would have done more but they got harder and harder. Next up was the detection training were you must complete getting through the maze without being spotted by a bot, camera or a laser alarm and you must setup checkpoints and type in codes to enter hallways and stuff. Of course it was pretty easy at first but it got harder and harder. He finished it in time but the good thing was he finished it.

Then he moved on to bot training were you must complete killing bots and the more you killed the more levels you went up. But on the 17th level the control system in one of the bots was a bit fuzzy and cought fire! It was carefully covered when it was made and Caleb didnt see or small fire, When suddenly real shots fired out! But caleb thort it was just normal fake ones so he kept on going. And then the fire went out leaving burnt marks inside. It was pretty hard, And Caleb became so worn out that had didnt care if he got shot. When suddenly he JUST missed a shot and even tho it didnt touch him it burned a little! "Ahhh!" Caleb said as the burning bolt passed him! "What do they put in these things!? Caleb click the stop button and all bots went down exept the one that was burnt. It kept on firing faster and fast and caleb couldnt even move from his position! Then the bot lost all its fire power thing and went down.

Caleb ran out to see what the prob was. "The control system in the bot cought fire and caused the fake bolts to warm up and become like real ones." A man said.

Caleb walked back to his room and put a little patch on his burn, Then he walked out to the Bar and talked to the guy that he met in the lounge.

-----------------------
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFC Caleb/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Beat me the heat"
[This message has been edited by Caleb (edited August 12, 2004 1:42:02 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 11, 2004 7:50:20 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi had the one thing he needed now more then ever: control.

The situation was something neither VE Intel or GUESSWORK had heard anything about but appearantly there was a rather large paramilitary group taking advantage of the chaos that appearantly called itself the Nighthawks.

This could be both good and bad.  It could serve to disrupt the NR garrison forces, give a group of revolutionaries that the VEA would have to take care of a bunch of NR military equipment, or force the NR to send additional troops.  Heck all three posibilities could happen in that order and if they did before the VE arrived it may not be too bad.

Kuroishi was pooring over the local news reports as far back as he could get them to see if he could get any indication of when the Nighthawks arrived.

If Wraith squad was going to have any chance at achieving it's mission they would have to figure out a lot in a hurry.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 11, 2004 11:24:17 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"Here's how I see it," said Argon, leaning forward.

They had been at it for three hours; three hours of analyzing what exactly their new adversary had done and trying to figure out what, if any, their response should be.

"First off," he said, "they're none to friendly.  What they did to Anubis should be enough proof of that.  Negotiation is out for the moment."

A chorus of tired agreements around the table.

"Second," said Argon, "they're organized.  No way they could have gotten Anubis and then close so quickly around me if they weren't."

Another chorus of agreements.

"Third," continued Argon, "they're the ones who really control the streets.  As far as it goes, we can pretty much ignore the NR forces as a threat until we decide to attack them."

Another chorus.

"Fourth," he said, "our cover has been blown.  They know we're out here, they seem to know how to track us sometimes, and they also seem to want to engage us directly."

A silence came here, but one which Argon took as agreement.

The Wraiths were used to fighting from the background, as the distraction rather than the main force.

It was something new to get used to to be directly involved again.

"As far as I can see, that leaves us only the option of direct conflict with these new guys," finished Argon, "unless negotiation suddenly reenters the picture or the VE Army miraculously shows up sometime soon."

"All right," said Kuroishi, pulling himself upright again, "those are the facts in front of us.  Anyone got any more specific ideas?"

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 11, 2004 8:43:06 PM    View the profile of Fury 
"Pay the Givins Captain."

"With all due respect General, LIKE HELL! They shot up my ship."

"One.  They didn't shoot up at you once we came to an agreement. Once we promised to safeguard their facilities, they cut the New Republic loose.  That bought them future trouble in the face of a momentary threat from us.

"Two. Technically this is an Imperial vessel.  Less technically, it is my frelling ship.

"Three.  It's not your money, it's the Empire's.  And if I order you to pay our guests for the trouble we put them through, you will authorize it or I will put you on the first dropship to our next objective.  Understood?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was three days ago and the captain was still not talking to him.  The Givins got paid though and the Vast Empire had taken leave of Yag'Dhul with a six month safe passage agreement through that part of the space lanes.

Right now, the tiny flotilla had moved into a couple microjumps of the Bestine system.  Lightspeed Recon craft and venerable TIE Lone Scouts had been surveying the system since word of an embattled Imperial presence had come to the High Council's knowledge.

The next stop on the way to the Core was through Bestine IV.  Currently the army fleet was busy reconditioning the pirate haven Kestic Station, which was once a vital hub of illicit activity for the sector.  Now, it was to be a command post for the upcoming operation.

Bestine IV itself was about to be a bear of an operation.  The path to the planet was heavily mined.  It would be little problem to blaze through the cordon, but it would kill any plans of a surprise entrance.

The planet itself was a horror story in modern killing technology.  The skies were mined with smart killer droids, from ship-sized atomic devices to nanotech bomblets. Nothing to do but use brute force and dropships. Air support for either side was pretty much non-existent, which, for the VE, only helped to level the playing field.

Most of the planet was ocean barring various island chains controlled by the two main factions and various other groups just trying to stay out of the way.

For almost ten years the Rebellion - and now New Republic - had fought to throw the Empire off the planet without success.  Imperial reinforcements had stopped arriving with the fall of Coruscant, leaving the defenders to use technology to pad their numbers.  The half-completed shipyards turned out automated defenses and military droids in mass numbers, forcing the New Republic to alter their plans of conquest. 

With both sides stagnated, even the slightest advantage might turn the tide.

The Vast Empire hoped to fulfill that function.

Thus, the conference on the bridge of the Dominion. Fury got to make as much of a pep talk out of the situation as he could. "Look, we are going to lose an ungodly amount of ordinance just to get you guys on the planet.  Not to mention using drones and various unpiloted craft to cut a hole through the various layers of mines. 

"The point I want to make is: every piece of supplies or weaponry may be all we can get down to you.  We are trying to send more than usual to aid in rearming our fellow Imperials down there, but we really don't know how safe the drop route will be for them.  Hopefully by the time you drop, we'll have a clear trail.  If not, the Dominion's guns will fire down ahead of your progress.

"We don't know how bad it is on the ground, only that this planet has resources and it has our people under the gun.  Moorja was harder than expected; I imagine this will be at least an order of magnitude worse.  You will be striking from remote bases, over water, usually unable to keep an objective.  You will likely be fighting off as many attacks as you make.

"Prep up, get your people ready, and let's get ready to regain this world for the Empire.  Dismissed."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further info, courtesy of the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia:

Bestine IV 
located in the Bestine System, this planet was the site of a high-security Imperial base during the Galactic Civil War. Designed to be a new naval shipyards, the Bestine IV base was built despite the wishes of the native population. The Empire dispossessed the entire population from the planet in order to create a secure environment. The planet, sometimes referred to as simply Bestine, has a number of rocky islands which dotted its vast ocean.

Cities

Gasha 
this was one of the many settlements found in the planet Bestine IV. Gasha was actually a floating city, built on the surface of Bestine IV's ocean.
- New Republic base

Jahnae Camp 
this was one of the many settlements found in the planet Bestine IV. Jahnae was located on a tall spire of rock which jutted out the planet's primary ocean.
- Imperial Headquarters

Creatures/Crops

Bestine Sea Anemone 
this brilliantly-colored, tentacled mollusk was native to the planet Bestine.

Sink Crab 
a life form native to the rocky islands of Bestine IV, these crustaceans use several swim bladders to help propel themselves through the water.

Tang-root 
this pungent tuber is grown on the planet Bestine.

Tech

Bestinian Skyhopper 
a small, galactic craft produced on Bestine, it differs from the Incom skyhopper in that it can fly in outer space, where the Incom skyhopper is a tropospheric craft.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited August 11, 2004 8:44:45 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 12, 2004 10:39:38 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
After waking up from his sleep, Anubis went about getting himself into a somewhat presentable form.  It worked, mostly.  His hair was a complete mess, but the clothing was well kept.

He stepped out of his quarters, and into where the group appeared to have just now gotten done with a meeting.

"Hey Anubis." said Argon.  Anubis replied with a half-hearted wave as he sat at what could be called the conference table.  After rubbing his eyes to remove the remnants of sleep from them, Anubis took the moment to ask his question.

"So, what was the meeting about?"

"It was about how we're going to get out of the mess we're in on this planet."  Kuroishi said planly.  "Anubis, I know you're probably still reeling from what happened, but did you learn anything about the Nighthawks while in captivity?"

Anubis shook his head, but then stopped when he remembered something and looked up.  "I do know one thing, their leader...her name is Vosla Tek, and apparently she knew who I was, but...I can't seem to remember where I met her before."

Kuroishi looked thoughtful for a moment, then spoke.  "Can you remember anything else about her?"  But Anubis shook his head.

"Sorry, but as much as I'd like to, I can't remember anything else about her other than that she's a twi'lek."  Anubis then got up, and went to what could be called the 'kitchen' to get something to eat.  But Kuroishi knew that there was something more that Anubis knew but wasn't saying.

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 12, 2004 11:34:31 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I guess this is what we all get for going forth without full information.  Oh well.  /OOC]

Kuroishi had an idea as to the relationship between Anubis and his mystery woman.  Kuroishi had a somewhat similar problem with a woman from his past as well.

Kuroishi entered the kitchen after Anubis.

"You're new to the squad so you have probably not heard about my own troubles with a woman from my past.  I am still in love with her madly so to this day and she wants me dead.  It is because I promised her I would not kill her brother who used to be my best friend before he betrayed the Empire.  So I had medtechs and surgeons extraordinaire use every last bit of technology possible to remove every organ that was not neccessary to keep him alive or could not be artificialy replaced.  Everything else was placed in a tank filled with some sort of chemical mix.  Despite keeping him alive for a crime he should have died for my woman wants me and my otherself dead.  I know if there is a hell I'm destined there no matter what I do from here on out because of what I have done to protect my homeworld, defend the empire, and make the New Republic pay for being the cause of so much suffering.  I would not be the man I am today if not for the New Republic.  I have many more sins then we have time for me to confess to you but I figure this one is probably the closest to yours and if we are to be able to deal with this situation I need to know."  Kuroishi said quietly and calmly.

Dredging up such a painfull train of thought almost made Kuroishi lose control again.

Kuroishi could not help but not the shock in Anubis's face when he described putting Jansom Colpman into a fish tank.

Kuroishi stood there and waited for an answer.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 12, 2004 3:54:33 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
In the next room, Argon figured it was probably better to leave the two of them alone; Kuroishi could handle things if Anubis got out of control, and if Kuroishi got out of control, it was probably less than 50/50 that Argon could do anything about it.

"So," said Fish, "it looks like this is turning into an all out war.  They control the streets, the NR controls the bases, and we're the wild card."

"Well," said Argon, "we need to orchestrate a war between them, get them fighting each other instead of us."

"Right," replied Fish, "and we also need to make sure that they stay even the whole way through.  If they wipe each other out, the VE should have an easy time of it."

"Well," said Argon, "if we steal some weapons from these new guys and use them to mount an attack on the NR, do you think they'll come out of their bases?"

"It's been a while since we hit them," said Fish, "they may be getting a bit braver.  If we convince them the only threat out there is one they can deal with..."

"They'll deal with it," finished Argon, "they've still got that old NR optimism; the old 'we can take on the universe if we're righteous' ideology."

"Exactly," said Fish, breaking out a map of the city, "now we need to figure out where these little skirmishes should take place."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Merrick
ComNet Member

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
August 13, 2004 12:21:29 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick sat and ate quietly, watching the other Jesters joking with each other a few tables away. The whole army had finally been pulled out of Yag'dhul and were headed to Bestine IV. Not that Merrick had not enjoyed killing a whole lot of people on the shipyards, but much of her squad had failed to do their duty, and Jester had basically been assumed to have sat on their asses and done nothing during the entire phase. So they just kept it more quiet than the other squads. Boasting should never be rewarded.

She yawned and stretched slowly as Hashi made his way to her table. "Hey sir." She nodded. "Umm.. I heard that most of the squad has been put back in reserves.. is that right?" Merrick nodded and Hashi looked disappointed in the answer. "So it's just you, me and Frog again?" Another nod. "Oh.. well.. ok then." And with that he wandered off, realising they were the best answers he'd get at the moment. By the time he had returned to the table he and Frog were at, Merrick had already left for her quarters.

Frog and Hashi had already started to bug her about what the next phase would entail. Unfortunately she didn't know anything other than that it was the planet Bestine IV they were heading for, and there was talk of how.. interesting.. getting onto the planet would be. That didn't seem to bother either of them, already eager to get back into action and wreak some havoc.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 13, 2004 10:33:54 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
After recovering from the initial shock of Kuroishi's tale, Anubis finally figured if he was to get a break he would have to tell his Squad Leader about Vosla, even if it meant possibly being arrested.

"Well, seeing that you probably won't let me off, and that anything to know about her would help our cause, I'll tell you."  Anubis let out a heavy sigh, then continued, "I've known her for quite a long while...her parents willingly took me into their home after I had gotten into trouble with the Imperial authorities over some of the smuggling activities I did before the Emperor was killed."

Anubis took a drink from his glass of water, then went on.  "Anyway, about a year after the Battle of Endor, this was a time when I was with the Empire, I found out that Vosla had been one of several different non-humans that were being genectically modified with the cells of fierce creatures like Wampas and Rancors.  I asked for the Imperial General heading the project to let her go, but he refused."

There was a moment of silence as Anubis prepared the hardest part of his speech.  "That was when I left the Empire, I ended up stealing a fighter, and racing to the facility where it was occuring.  It ended with the General being dead, and then I did some smuggling before ultimately we split ways.  I have to say that over the time I became attracted to her, but I'm not sure where the Nighthawks came from or why she was here on Bestine."

Now came the moment Anubis feared, would this revelation of a crime against the Empire cause him to become an outcast once again, or could it even mean the end of his life...

-----------------------
PFC Anubis Benor
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:18:55 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 170  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >