Topic:  Chapter 8 : Army
Merrick
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
May 10, 2004 11:13:42 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick left Frog in charge of the base defences for a while and found a place to slip outside and back towards the city. Those couple of squads of regulars were still being attacked by some of the Moorja military, pretty close to the biggest residential area. She snuck through a gap in the enemy line and joined the regulars where they were taking cover from the enemy fire. She found the squad leaders and quickly told them her plan, to which they all eventually agreed. They started giving their orders as Merrick set off again, in the direction of the central residential area of the city.

---

It wasn't too long before the regulars managed to maneuver the enemy into attacking them in the middle of the residential area. Merrick nodded as she watched from the top of a building. "Nice to know they can do stuff right now and then." They had even managed to coerce the enemy into using explosives to try and flush them out of their hiding places. Perfect. Merrick left the roof of the building and walked through the building shouting out to the occupants. "The army is attacking the city!" Soon they were doing enough damage that Merrick didn't even have to do anything to get the civilians angry at their army, who should be defending them. They couldn't see the regulars that their army was attacking, though.

---

By the time the Moorja army realised what was happening, a large civilian mob was attacking them for destroying their homes and risking their lives. Merrick grinned as she and the squads of regulars left to head back towards the base they were still defending. Hopefully, the civilian's anger would extend to that part of the army as well, and help Jester and the 508th flank the army and force them to surrender or flee.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/GSG Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA]
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
May 11, 2004 12:09:18 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Rizzit strode up to the Sergeant and backhanded him, knocking him back a few steps/ "WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!" He demanded. Rage burned deep inside the Lieutenant, a fire so hot, so intense, that he almost drew his E-11 and shot Snipes where he stood.

Turning his attention to Knight he continued, "We should have been off this God-forsaken platform HOURS ago!"

"Rizz..." Snipes started, "We got pinned down and..."

"I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!" Rizzit thundered back. The anger and sheer volume of his voice made everyone step back from him. The echo of his voice reverberated down the hall. Snipes was positive that if there had been any glass, it surely would have shattered. A terrible silence followed this outburst, no one daring to speak.

I could cut the tension here with a vibroblade Knight thought. He could feel his knees beginning to buckle under Rizzit's heavy glare. As intimidating as Otto was as their squad leader with his dark presence, Rizzit could make things even more uncomfortable for the Lance Corporal. Years of commanding the Raiders had taught him how to stare troopers down, and even now Knight had to avert his eyes to keep from breaking under his CO's powerful gaze.

Forcefully calming himself, Rizzit took a deep breath and surveyed the situation around him. Something seemed out of place...missing..."Where's JR?"

No one moved.

"Someone better answer me. WHERE...IS...J...R?"

Knight finally spoke up. "Right around the corner boss." Knight tried to point to the where they had stashed JR's still unconscious form, but his arm was trembling. "H-he took an an an E-11 butt to the f-face Riz. His been out ever since."He managed to stammer.

Sighing audibly, Rizzit opened a comlink to the Dominion. "Fury, this is Rizzit, we need a medteam down here. One of the Raiders is unconscious, and we need to EVAC him now. Over."

Static came back over the com. Fear began to coarse through Rizzit's veins, causin him to shiver despite the warm temperature of the Golan. They didn't take out the Dominion, Did they? Rizzit could read the other troopers expressions as similar thoughts streamed thrugh their minds.

Several tense momemnts followed.

"Negative Rizzit." Fury's voice came through over the static. Rizzit sighed inwardly. "It's still too hot out here. Recommend placing him in a secure location and continuing with the objective. I don't mean to RUSH you, but the Dominion is being pounded by a couple Golans, so if you WANT to leave that platform EVER. GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!. Fury out."

The link clicked as it closed. Rizzit blinked twice, then looked at his visibly stunned troops."Well, you heard the General. Captain Urnin, take your squad and hold the docking bay. That's our only way out. Sergeant Dimwar, you take the turbolaser generators. Snipes give him a rundown of how to reactivate the lasers once we have control of the Golan. Roden, you and Major Wrytmore are with me. We're taking the control center. Urnin, take JR with you. Defend him at all costs."

Urnin saluted Rizzit. "Will do sir, he'll be safe with me.

Rizzit watched as Snipes gave Dimwar the details on how to reactivate the generators, while Knight helped a couple of Urnin's troops secure JR and immobilize him on a makeshift bodyboard scrounged from spare parts laying in a nearby equipment room. He took this time to do a quick gear check. He had two spare power packs for his E-11, a spare pack for his repeater, and two frag grenades left. Should be enough to finish the job. We should have taken out most of the resistance by now.

Turning to face the troops, he saw that they were all ready to move.

"Gentlemen...and ladies." He quickly added, noting s couple female stormtroopers in the regular squads. "We have our assignments, we know our job. We now are fighting to help the Dominion survive out there, since its brave crew, along with the PREFECT OF OUR ARMY, is out there covering us while we have been doing very little for them. SO cowboy the #$%^ up, and lets get this job done. MOVE OUT!"

The 6 squads broke, going three separate directions. Rizzit led his combined 3 squads down the hallway, checking the blueprints on his readouts. The bride was the center spire on the Golan, and they were only half a klick away from one end, and 3 floors down. Quickening his pace, he hoped that the months behind the desk hadn't stripped away his physical conditioning.

After a few minutes they reached the central turbolift shaft, which was of course deactivated. "Knight, We need you to slice this turbolift and get it working, we'll cover you."

The 3 squads fanned out. Snipes ans Substance covering Knight, as the other squads took point positions and covered their left and right flanks.

Clearing his mind, Knight focused on the task at hand. The jog had helped rid him of the shakiness Rizzit had putin him on  account of his tantrum. His hands flew across his datapad as he sliced into the central controls from the turbolift pad. Tinkering with a few settings, the turbolifts' doors opened.

"Got it." Knight said, flashing a huge grin. He yanked his slicing tools from the control pad and tucked them safely away in his utility belt.

Rizzit ordered the three squads to file into 1 turbolift apeice. (There were conveniently three shafts.) "Bridge is on the 6th level up from here. It will be heavily defended. Roden, take your troops and fan out along the left side and try and find cover. Wrytmore, so the same on the right. The Raiders are going straight down the middle."

The two squad leaders nodded in wordless assent, and each lead their squad into their respective turbolifts.

Rizzit was the last one into the turbolift which had the few Raiders left. "Well boys, lets go have some fun." He winked at them, and it seemed as if his outburst had never happened.

Rizzit punched the level number in, and the turbolift smoothly accelerated as it made its way toward the bridge...

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi 
Assistant Squad Leader (ASL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-3/ASL/SSGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]
TRN/IN Phoenix/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE/Lopen

"Me? I always tell the truth...even when I lie. So SAY GOODNIGHT to the badguy. It's the last time you'll ever see him. Watch out there's a bad guy comin through." Tony Montana
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
May 11, 2004 12:20:22 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi made a quick survey of the ak ak guns around the perimeter of the space port.

The defences were well placed but with Wraith squad it wouldn't be long before the guns were down in a large enough arc to allow landings.

"The civilian power seems to be down in this area.  Argon, I want you to see if you can locate the back up systems for these guns.  The rest of us will try and create a distraction to let you work unhindered.  Once you find it, blow it.  There is like more then one back up generator for these guns so try and focus your efforts on the south side.  There is likely a primarily infantry garrison with each gun and a armored force working the perimeter.  Let's work fast."  Kuroishi briefed.

Argon quickly disappeared off into the shadows to find his targets.Kuroishi lead his squad through the urban area built up around the space port.

"I count sixteen infantry in fixed positions around the gun and eight more on roving patrols.  Allright I got the patrol leader."  Kuroishi whispered as the squad came upon the first gun.

Kuroishi traded his blaster rifle for his sniper rifle and lined up his shot.  A loud crack later and the patrol leader was dead.

The highly accurate gunnery of the Wraith squad veterans began to make short work of the patrol before it found sufficient cover.

"Three made it to cover but I managed to get one in the shoulder."  Stonefish said as he took cover from return fire from the fixed positions.

"Well that should draw the bulk of the enemy forces away from Argon, now let's see about finishing off the forces here so we don't get squished between infantry and tanks."  Kuroishi replied as he poped from behind cover long enough to take a snap shot at an e-web crewman.

Kuroishi counted four shots he had used from his sniper rifle so far, 196 left.  Time to switch back to his double barrled blaster rifle.

Blaster bolts flew through the air as the two forces traded shots.  The Wraiths had the advantage in expierience and marksmanship but the rebels had time and numbers.

"Those tanks will be here any time now, so how are we going to finish off this garrison?"  Stonefish asked as he poped a fresh clip into his rifle.

"We've managed to whittle them down a bit.  Time for a frag grenade I guess."  Kuroishi said as he pulled the pin and hucked the grenade right under the ak-ak gun itself.

Kuroishi traded a few more shots until the grenade detonated taking the ak ak gun with a few infantry from the garrison.

"Pull back."  Kuroishi said as he started laying down cover fire.

The dull hum of heavy engines could be heard as Wraith squad pulled back, the tanks had arrived.

Kuroishi halted his squad behind a short storage building.

Peering round the corner he could see a light hover tank of a design for urban fighting.

"Well I think we have the point tank right around the corner and I can hear at least one more maybe two farther down the road.  Here's the plan.  I'll see if I can make it across the street to that office building.  The rest of you figure out some way of getting the tanks' attention without getting yourselves killed then find cover.  If we're lucky I can take all three out before they have a chance to turn us into atomized particles.  At least one tank will be out of action."  Kuroishi said as he readied himself to sprint across the street.

Kuroishi ran as fast as he could acroos the street to the office building as he heard repeater fire behind him.  Not bothering to slow down Kuroishi crashed through the doors of the office building and quickly made his way to the roof access.

On the roof Kuroishi saw the lead tank persuing the three members of Wraith left on the ground while the other tank Kuroishi could only hear before was moving down the street on the opposite side to the building Kuroishi occupied.

"Time to improvise."  Kuroishi muttered to himself as he placed a blasting block on the roof and set it for command detonation.

Quickly running back down to the ground floor Kuroishi placed another block on the wall facing the tank firing on Wraith.

Running back up to the roof and grabbing a grapple rod Kuroishi anchored it into the far wall where the other tank was coming from.  Letting out the cable Kuroishi checked on the other tank and found it to be in position.  Getting back over to the far wall he triggered the blasting blocks and was rewarded with one burried tank.

Kuroishi now had to wait an agonizing few seconds as the remaining tank approached.

Drawing his vibro katana Kuroishi leaped off the building and hit the top of the turret hard.

With a quick slice of his vibro katana the turret pintle mounted repeater was destroyed.

Kuroishi was rewarded with a foolish crewman who decided to open the hatch to see what was going on up on the roof.

Pulling the pin off his last frag grenade Kuroishi stuffed it in the Sullustan's mouth and forced him back down the hatch.  Slamming it shut Kuroishi was rewarded with a dull thud.

Now to deal with the burried tank.

"Fish, Mandor, Sam.  You should be clear to meet me by the office building."  Kuroishi commed as he freed in his grapple rod.

The four Wraiths gathered by the building with a collapsed side that now covered the tank that had been threating them before.

The tank was still operational as it was trying to free itself but failing.

"What you say we get ourselves a ride?"  Kuroishi said as he marched toward the rubble.

Kuroishi climbed the shifting rubble and began clearing the rubble from the hatches.

"Get ready, the crew will be out in a moment and keep to cover because this thing may be able to free itself now.  Fish toss me a frag grenade."  Kuroishi barked as he opened the top hatch and tossed it down into the tank without pulling the pin.

As he had hoped the crew didn't reckognize that it was not an armed grenade and panicked.  The crew was exiting the tank only to be decapitated by Kuroishi or shot down by the other members of Wraith.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
May 11, 2004 4:23:08 PM    View the profile of D-13 
    Major Wrytmore looked over his squad as they stood on the metal platform while the walls flew by at incredible speed. He gathered up his courage and spoke out, "This is it!" Then he bent down to charge out of the turbolift first.

The Army troopers raised their hands as one and shouted, "Hooyah!" and did the same. Soon the door snapped open and they rushed out quickly, each one finding their cover. All led by the Major.

Heavy blaster fire announced its ugly presence and the corridor reeked of superheated metal. Through their polarized goggles, the troopers saw straight through the suffocating smoke and took potshots at the Republic marines while a corporal laid down suppressive fire with his repeater.

It took a long time, but the squad gradually snaked their way through the right corridor while avoiding blaster fire from the ever-retreating rebels. Three men had been killed by a lucky rebel, but even he soon paid his fare to the underworld in blood.

"Argh!" cried a rebel colonel as he grabbed his shoulder and fell face-first to the ground. He wriggled on the ground while his subordinates fell like logs all around him. Soon, silence dominated with the exception of tapping boots of running rebels and the groans of the wounded.

A trooper put his boots on the man's back and put a gun to his head, then he looked at Wrytmore for the order. Major Wrytmore held up his hand and the soldier lifted his muzzle reluctantly.

"Hold, this man may be of some use to us. " He painfully jerked the rebel's head up by his silver hair and glared at him from the side. "What is your name?"

The rebel merely panted harder, "You can kill me...for all I care." Then he spew blood all over his grey shirt and black vest. Something shined at his left breast pocket.

Noticing the item's glint, Wrytmore ordered a trooper to frisk the rebel while he flicked on his comlink. "Lieutenant, we've got a prisoner. He --"

"Sir? This is all he's got on him, besides a blaster pack." An Army trooper interrupted as he handed Wrytmore a code cylinder. He got a nod.

"Where was I? Oh yes, we've captured what seems to be a captain --excuse me, a colonel -- that has a control cylinder with him." Wrytmore said, nodded to the trooper who handed him the key. "I think this will allow us to sneak in without rigging the door with C-4." He snickered at his own perverted poetic musings.

"Major?" Asked a gunnery sergeant. "Where are we headed now? To assist the Raiders --"

"Negative, sergeant, " Rizzit's voice interrupted through the comlink. "Continue on your path and meet up at the junction right before the control center. Rizzit out." The comlink clicked off.

"Freeze!" shouted a marine just before he shouldered his carbine and shot. The red bolt blazed through the air and struck Wrytmore in the shoulder. His troopers dragged him out of danger while the rest engaged the newcomers.

Four dead rebels and five casualties later, Wrytmore was back on his feet walking to the command center. His face told it all: that shoulder hurt like pouring burning ale on a cut. Nevertheless, he raised his hands to signal the squads to halt. They stashed the prisoner in a secure closet with two guards.

"Fan out, make sure there's cover for the arriving squads." Then he took position behind a parked maintenance cart. He looked back at the hallway they'd just cleared. "Corporal Dainin, cover our six. The rest of you, wait here for the rest." Then the major lifted his comlink with his other hand. "Wrytmore here, we're in position."

-----------------------

FTC/SSG D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[BoA] [ES1][BC]
TRN/AC D-13/Training 1-2/VEDJ/VE
I love this symbol>
Snowtroopers forever!!!!!
"Being unconquerable lies with yourself; being conquerable lies with the enemy." -Sun Tzu
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
May 11, 2004 7:08:22 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Glancing inside the fire control room to see if there were any more nasty surprises, and seeing nothing, Kami stepped back and signaled to the rest of the group. Afyon, Strats and the others moved quickly forwards, her squad leader giving her a quick once-over, "Not hurt?" Kami shook her head, but pointed at Rema, who was still clutching his head and groaning, "No Sir. The Rebels seemed happy enough to take the majority of their anger out on Rema." Rema grimaced, and threw a black look at the private, "I'm fine, let's keep moving."

Strats, who had moved into the fire control room popped his head back out into the hallway, "It's okay, the guns are still disabled. All the Rebels managed to do was turn the security back on."
TK, who had moved up next to Kami threw her a smug smile, and received a blow to the arm in response, "Don't get too cocky," Kami teased.
"Enough." Afyon's dour tone brought Kami back to the reality, "We need to take out that Command Center. Now."

This time Strats and his team took the lead, the Dragoons lagging behind to cover the rear. After several more twist and turns the hallway began to grow in size, signaling the Imperials close proximity to the Command Center. The group slowed, but continued forwards, eyes scanning for any signs of the enemy.  After just a few hundred meters Strats stopped at a t-junction, brought up his rifle, and motioned for the E-Web to be brought forwards. Two troopers complied, lugging the gun to the front of the pack, and setting it into place. Strats signaled once more to Afyon, then gave him a hopeful thumbs up.
Turning back to his squad, all of whom were tensed and ready, Strats dropped his hand in the command to open fire.

18 rifles and an E-Web let loose with all they had, filling the hallway with bright flashes of crimson. "Move!" Afyon shouted over the noise, pushing Kami forwards after Rema and TK, who had began to run forwards towards the left of the junction. Kami complied, swiveling around numerous engaged troopers, and sprinting after her squad mates. As she reached the end of the corridor and skidded to her left, Kami threw a quick glance over her shoulder to see what they were fighting against, and felt a smile of grim satisfaction spread over her face.

The Rebels were huddled at the right junction of the corridor, still behind the steel barricades, and still guarding the huge blast doors of the command center. But instead of hundreds of Rebel defenders, Kami counted no more than two or three dozen, of whom were now pinned behind shelter as the E-Web unmercifully pounded their position. In stark contrast, Strats and his boys were in a perfect place. The corner of the corridor provided plenty of cover, and the consistent fire of the E-Web meant that none of the Rebels could advance towards their attackers.

Turning her gaze forwards, Kami saw Rema and TK dart into the storage room where they had stored their uniforms. Kami followed a step ahead of Afyon, Niko and Zek, who jammed the door shut behind them. Grabbing at her armor, Kami quickly rid herself of her Rebel skin. As soon as she fitted her helmet to her head she felt her shoulders relax. At least now she didn't feel like a sitting target...
The rest of the Dragoons, all back in faithful white, watched uneasily as Afyon struggled to get back into his armor, his face showing the pain of his shoulder injury. Niko stepped forwards and aided the squad leader in securing his armor, minus the chest plate, before a pale-faced Afyon addressed his squad. "Okay, Strats has them pinned down, so we're going to have to do most of the work here."
"You mean... charge them?" Kami asked
Afyon clipped his helmet on, "Yeah, charge them, and take as many of them down as you possibly can."

Kami waited for her heart beat to increase, and for the inevitable flash of fear to roar up in her stomach, but was momentarily stunned when it didn't.
She let out a soft laugh as the Dragoons slid open the storage room door and prepared to assault the Command Center.
After all she'd gone through on the Golan... attacking a fortified command center didn't seem like such a suicidal idea after all...

-----------------------
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 11, 2004 7:12:53 PM)]
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  221
Total Posts:  96
May 12, 2004 12:18:25 AM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog leaned back and leisurely overlooked the new troops lining up in the middle of the now captured training ground. All of a sudden his comlink bleeped, and Merrick's voice came across, "Frog, we've got the enemy engaged in some pretty brutal urban fighting here, I'm trying to get the civvies to rise up against them. Have those re-inforcements arrived yet?"

Frog grabbed his comlink from his pocket, "Yeah, apparantly the Wraiths are groundside to keep us company now, their busy with the spaceport, we got a couple of shuttles here with troops to help occupy the military base."

"Ok, Fury said something about a new trooper for us, goes by the name of Slash, make sure he doesn't go missing."

Frog shared raised eyebrows with the other Jesters at the mention of a new team member, "Fair enough, I'll find him, what do you want us to do once we get him? I don't want to wait for Wraith, chances are they'll stay at the spaceport until they've got every Rebel's head on a pike, and made a pretty pyramid with the rest of their remains."

"Liberate one of the vehicles there, and get yourself over here, we need to heard these civvies to do our dirty work, hopefully we can at least turn the capital into a no-man's zone."

A young man wandered across the parade field, looking at the other troops but obviously not one of them, "I think I just spotted our man," Frog spoke into his comlink, "He looks a bit scrawny, shame, Hashi refuses to be pack horse for all my explosives."

Merrick said something in reply that was muffled as Frog shoved the comlink back into his pocket, standing up he motioned for the other Jesters to follow him.

"Hey lad," Frog called out, "You Slash?"

The young man looked over in Frog's direction and nodded. "Good," Frog said, "Go find us something nice and speedy Hashi, Merrick needs our help."

Hashi offered a salute that was about as formal as someone could get, with their tongue out, and sprinted off towards the hanger. Frog turned back to Slash, "Welcome to Jester lad, as you might be able to tell we're a pretty laid back squad, but only while you do what you're told. Mess up, and you get to find out just how much Hashi likes space-tape."

Slash looked like he couldn't decide whether to be worried or amused as Frog continued, "Now tell us a bit about yourself, we've got a fair drive into the city ahead of us..."

-----------------------
(-Vast Empire-) Sergeant Thomas "Firefrog" Phennir
TRP/SGT Firefrog/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BoA]
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
[This message has been edited by Firefrog (edited May 12, 2004 12:22:59 AM)]
Slash
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  33
May 12, 2004 12:30:21 AM    View the profile of Slash 
As they headed towards the speeder, Slash gave his new superior a bit of a wry smile.

"Well, I used to be in the Dark Dragoons...and then, I got hit on the posterior armor by the heavy hammer of Imperial beauracracy and transferred to this backwater dirtball..."

He gave a shudder at this, then grinned in his manic way.

"That was five months and a whole bunch of sanity ago. Now that i'm back on active Army duty, i guess they could only find a single outfit where a sithin nutter like me could fit in...Jester."

He then reached back and pulled out his comset and A280, the comm's on/off switch having been taped to the rifle's butt, and just grinned wider.

"By the way...i'm your new comm guy. Air support, dustoffs, take out orders...whatever you need, i'm your man."

(OOC; hope that was good. it's nice to be back.)

-----------------------
Lance Corporal D. "Slash" Veran

TRP/LCPL/1Sqd/2Plt/1Co/1Bat/1Reg/1Div//VE
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
May 12, 2004 6:50:08 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
The door opened quickly and the Raiders filed out into the corridor seeing that there were no enemy soldiers they moved slowly down the hall.

"Lets get to the CC and take this station," Rizzit said quietly as he started to jog towards the CC junction door area.

"They said they had a code cylinder if it is for the door to the CC we can use it to get in and surprise those rebels." FlyingKnight commed to the squad.

"It wouldn't be as fun but maybe we could take the control center without even having to fire a shot." Snipes grinned.

"When we get there we Knight you take a look at the cylinder and then use it to help slice into the mainframe. Maybe you could turn off some of the defenses in there." Rizzit ordered.

The squad moved down the hall toward the junction and when the squad got there they saw Major Wrytmore and the regulars waiting for them. Rizzit walked up to the major and stuck his hand out to receive the code cylinder. When he got it Rizzit handed it to Knight who was waiting at the CC door. Knight plugged in his datapad and used the code cylinder to bypass the security and right into the mainframe.

"I can see that they have some major defenses in there." Knight said as he used the stations cameras to see into the room.

"Like what?" as Rizzit moved toward the working comm tech.

"Well they have barricaded the half the room off and there are E-Webs positioned behind the made up defenses. Those marines are pretty well dug in we're going to need some nice explosives to get through that makeshift wall."

"I can take care of that." Snipes grinned as he took out a bunch of explosives. "I have something in here that will do the trick."

The squads watched as the combat engineer got out some plastique and smushed it onto a few grenades.

"If you roll these babies in there you can imobilize the men and the barricade in there. We will need to stand away from the door though because it will probably take that out too." Snipes explained.

"Ok, Knight be ready to open the door and Snipes you can roll those explosives in there. Be ready to get out of the way because I am thinking this is going to be a big one." Rizzit said.

Knight popped in the code cylinder and was waiting for snipes to get in position. The squads of regulars were waiting down the corridor to charge in. Snipes pulled the pins on two of the explosives and nodded to Knight. He opened the door and rolled in a grenade as snipes did the same. Simaltaneously they both dove out of the way and covered their heads...

-----------------------
Lance Corporal
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/LCPL FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."--USMC Rules of Gunfighting
Merrick
ComNet Member

May 12, 2004 8:13:34 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick sat in the doorway and looked at the chaos outside. There had been a few more squads in the city than she'd thought and the civilians were having trouble breaking their lines with the meagre weapons they'd been able to find, which mostly consisted of bits of wood and kitchenware. So they'd decided to stick around for the show. Frog was on his way with the rest of Jester and the reinforcements that Fury had sent. This should be interesting. The squads of regulars that had assisted in creating this situation were picking off some of the enemy to give the civilians a better chance.

Merrick was sitting back until the backup arrived, truth be told her injury was giving her trouble, especially with the added weight of having her armour back on. But there was still much work to be done, so she got up and stretched as her comm beeped at her. "Merrick, we're almost there. Don't have all the fun without us ok." Merrick chuckled. "Frog, you got Aeon with you? I have a job for him."

---

"..he and his guards were slaughtered by non-imperial standard weapons in the middle of the night. I don't think we can trust our army anymore. The city needs to be declared a neutral zone, or the Imperials that are here will slaughter the civilians for being rebel supporters." The politicians had called an emergency council to decide what to do about the army apparently attacking Moorjay, and even the Jester's use of non standard squad weaponry had played into their hands. Merrick and Aeon were sitting concealed in a room adjoining the meeting room listening for the outcome. The majority of the council was for declaring Moorjay and possibly the whole planet neutral to save their own butts.

"Frog, how's it coming? The verdict is in, city is hereby a neutral zone. Let's dispose of the enemy openly now." Frog nodded and passed it on to Jester. "C'mon boys, we're helping these civilians now, the place is about to be officially neutral."

-----------------------
Jester Squad
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
May 12, 2004 8:29:17 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
The squad made their way back out into the corridor, staying low to avoid the rebel fire which was flying erratically down the hall.  The squad quickly to where the rest were and Afyon signalled them to rest for a second.

"Strats, we need you to punch a hole in their lines.  We can charge them but we need sufficient damage to those barricades and sufficient mayhem to allows us to do so.  I need grenade launchers and smoke grenades."  Afyon ordered.  Strats signalled for his two heavy weapons troopers to pull back and get their grenade launchers.  They quickly loaded them and got into position.  "Alright, once the smokes grenades are thrown, have them each fire two grenades and provide covering fire until we are in position to run.  Once we are, have them each fire one more round and give us more smoke."  Afyon ordered to both Strats and his squad.  Afyon signalled to his squad and checked his carbine to ensure he had enough juice.  The corridor rocked as the first wave slammed into the rebel position.  The squad ran into the hallway as the second wave slammed into the target.  Screams could be heard from the far end of the hall and the smoke made it impossible to see the rebel positions now.  Afyon signalled for a long e-web burst while the final set of rocket propelled grenades struck their target.

Afyon made a signal to his squad and they raced down the hallway on either side, allowing the e-web to fire down the middle so that the rebels wouldn't know something was coming.  The squad began to open fire as they reached the heaviest part of the smoke cloud and the e-web stopped.  Rema and Niko jumped over the barricades and opened fire while the other four opened up on those who had come forward to avoid the grenades.  With the confusion and the choas that the imperials had caused, the rebels were in no position to fight.  Ten of the imperials broke through the smoke to back up the dragoons and it took only about five minutes to finish off the rebels who hadn't been killed in the initial attack.

The group moved forward and Strats and the other nine took firing positions near the entrance to the control center while the Dragoons reached the door.  Afyon signalled down the hall for a grenade and when he opened the door, Strats threw one inside.  A second later the grenade detonated and the Dragoons entered the room, picking off the three technicians who were inside.  Afyon looked around the room and then turned to his squad.  "Alright Rema, get working on bringing down that shield.  Tk, radio the Dominion and request further orders.  The rest of you sit down and relax for a minute."  Afyon ordered.  As he sat down, Afyon felt a wave of pain and nausea hit him.  The adrenaline had helped keep the pain down but now it had come back hard.  His head was pounding as well where he had been hit.  Afyon slowly took off his helmet with one hand and felt his head.  A little blood and seaped through the fabric that Rema had tied there to contain the bleeding.

Afyon heard the hanger door whisp as Strats and his men entered.  "Thanks Strats, don't know what we would have done without you."  Afyon said as he stood up, almost falling from the dizziness, and extended his hand.  Strats shook it and looked at the shaky squad leader.  Strats turned and ordered his medic over to attend to Afyon.  The medic walked over and examined the bandaging job Rema had done to him.  The fabric around the shoulder had been cut off and other fabric had been used to help slow the bleeding.

"Gunny you'll have to come to the ship with Kain, it'll be easier to deal with there."  The medic reported after making a quick examination.  Afyon glared at the medic for a moment and then looked over at Tk.  "Tk what are our orders?"  Afyon demanded.

"Gunny, the ship is sending a shuttle over here to pick us up.  We will be with a group of men and equipment being sent to back up the 508th.  They will have ammunition and weapons for us but if you have some personal gear bring it along.  We will be assisting them in knocking out the planetary shields."  Tk reported.

"Thank you Tk.  Medic, see what you can do here now before the shuttle comes."  Afyon ordered.

"But Gunny-"

"Do it"  Afyon demanded.  The medic began first with Afyon's head.  The medic slowly unwound the fabric and began to swab the open wound with antispetic.  Afyon winced slightly, not from the sting of the fluid but from the pressure the medic had applied.  The medic then bandaged up the wound by placing a small bacta patch over it and covering it with medical fabric which he wrapped around Afyon's head a couple of times.  The medic then examined the shoulder closely.

"You are a lucky man, the larger pieces struck and bounced off, leaving only a small piece impalled.  It also just missed an artery so I can remove it here if you wish."  The medic reported.  "Would you like me to freeze the arm?"  Afyon pondered for a moment.

"Try your best without it"  Afyon replied.  He prepared himself for the pain as the medic unwrapped the fabric.  The medic took a small pair of tweezers and a bacta patch, one with antiseptic right on it.  The medic pulled the piece the spear shaped piece out and slapped the patch against the wound.  Afyon yelled in pain as the object was pulled out quickly.  Once the patch was applied, the pain which had already lessened from having the metal shrapnel removed began to subside into a painful throbbing.  The medic and put some pain killer in the patch to ease the pain around the wound without freezing the arm rendering it useless.

"Gunny the shuttles are here"  Tk called from the communications terminal.  Afyon winced as the medic tied the protectice cloth around the patch and then looked up at Tk.

"Alright let's head down there"  Afyon ordered.

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH][SoA]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

May 12, 2004 11:09:21 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
The explosion rocked the Golan Platform. The combined strength of frag grenades and plastic explosive almost deafened the gathered troops.

The door, which had helped shield the troops from the explosion was torn free from the wall, and shot down the hallway. Squall watched in horror as two troopers in Roden's squad were caught by the door and ripped to pieces. He failed to suppress the lurching of his stomach as arms landed on the deck with a faint *thud*, and proceeded to evacuate his lunch.  Blood rained down covering the deck and the few unlucky troopers who stood near enough in a warm sticky shower.

The shock of these deaths barely had time to register, because Rizzit heard a cracking. He peered around the now empty hatchway, just in time to see the transparisteel windows of the bridge shatter.

The vacuum of space began its ravenous devouring of the air inside the Golan.  Clinging on to a nearby waterpipe, Substance could hear the screams of the few surviving Rebels as they were sucked into space. Soon those screams were followed by Imperial ones, as many regulars who had failed to grab onto something were pulled into the control center and out into space.

Their screams died in the void, as their blood boiled and their bodies swelled. Over his shoulder Substance saw the pipe Knight was hanging on begin to give way underneath his weight. Knowing he was the only one close enough to do anything, he released one of his hands from his perch and reached for FK.

FK, who suddenly realized his precarious situation tired grab onto Substance's arm. Fate it seemed, had a different idea for the young Lance Corporal. When he shifted his weight to reach for Substance, the pipe tore free.

"KNIIIIIIIGHT!!!" Substance screamed, his voice barely audible over the roaring winds. He watched in horror as FK was pulled towards the control center, being pulled relentlessly into the void in an unfair game of tug of war.

In his mind Knight knew that this was it. He wasn't afraid, he accepted death as being part of the job when he took it. His only regret was that he would die in this way. Betrayed by his own plan. He had just closed his eyes and prepared for darkness when suddenly, he hit the deck with a thud.

His eyes jerking open, his mind racing a million klicks a second, Knight sat up and looekd behind him.

No more that ten meters away was the empty space the windows had once held back. As he got his mind under control, the truth of what happened dawned on him. The magnetic field generators had kicked in, sealing off the bridge.

Falling back over in disbelief of his incredible luck, he stared at the ceiling. Three figures appeared in his vision, Substance, Rizzit and...Snipes.

Leaping to his feet, he lunged at Snipes, taking the big Sergreant off guard . They both crashed to the floor in a heap. Knight smacking the hell out of Snipes, who refused to defend himself.

"YOU...COULD...HAVE...KILLED...ME!!!!" Knight screamed.

It took the combined strength of Substance, Rizzit, and the  newly arrived Squall to tear Knight off of Snipes.

Breathing heavily, Knight choked down his rage, and began to calm down.

"Sorry Knight," Snipes said, sitting up and asjusting his helmet. "But you didn't tell me about the viewports."

Rizzit laughed despite himself, but his laughter served to ease the tension that had come between his two troopers.

"Ya," Knight said chuckling, "I kind of did screw the pooch on that one."

Rizzit opened a channel to Dimwar on his comlink. "Sergeant, get those turbolasers online. We have a Star Destroyer to defend."

Cheers rose from over the com, followed by Dimwars voice. "Roger that sir, turbolasers coming online......now."

A distant whining could be heard from the bowels of the platform, reminding Rizzit of a swoop race he once watched on Sullust. "Knight, change the IFF transponder to Imperial frequency. Substance and Squall, target all turbolsers on the Golan the Dominion is slugging it out against. Snipes, you take the torpedo launchers. Lets do some damage."

"General!" Captain K'wislin yelled. "We have a new friendly on screen. Big one too."

"What?" Fury blinked in disbelief. "Where did it come from?"

His answer came in the form of barrage from 35 turbolaser batteries and 20 torpedos flashing past the front of the Dominion. Taken aback by the firepower that just barely cleared his already batter ship, Fury thanked the maker that it was friendly fire.

"Sir. new signal has been identified as the NR Golan III defense platform Loki." K'wislin reported.

A smile crept over Fury's face, the first smile since the engagement began. It only widened as the Golan that had been rocking the Dominion broke into pieces under the new barrage. It's breaking up was cut short by an explosion which incinerated the platform.

Rizzit comes through again. Fury thought to himself, relaxing back into his command chair. I'll have to buy him a drink when we get through this...IF we get throught this..

"K'wislin!" he shouted. "Get us a new target and damage reports.  And contact Rizzit! Feed him our targeting data."

-----------------------
-
AS-3/ASL/SSGT Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [BoA]
TRN/IN Phoenix/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE/Lopen

"Me? I always tell the truth...even when I lie. So SAY GOODNIGHT to the badguy. It's the last time you'll ever see him. Watch out there's a bad guy comin through." Tony Montana
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited May 12, 2004 2:32:29 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
May 12, 2004 7:17:50 PM    View the profile of Fury 
As above, so below.

Timms took a moment to look up and see the pattern of turbolaser fire change direction in the early evening sky.  So, Raiders finally took their objective.  Good for all of us.

Maybe I can get some frelling reinforcements now. 

The afternoon had gone well enough.  A Company had held a sustained "retrograde operation" into the outer defenses of the base hastily built by B Company.  In Basic that meant his guys retreated without panicking into some trenches and various rubble barricades hastily dug by already tired troops.  What was left of C Company was either holed up in the base manning the defensive turrets or assigned to Jester squad for Vader-knew what unholy purpose. D Company was either his admin staff or the tankers who were detached all over the place and were effectively out of the planning as an individual force.

So basically, two understrength companies and some gunners.  Supposedly he was to receive some artillery or at least more armor, but neither had made it groundside yet.  At least, not in his sector.

His adjutant came out of the comm shack; which, for once, actually was just that: a dilapidated garage on the outskirts of the base at an abandoned fueling station.  "News from upstairs."

"Any good news?" he asked, grabbing the flimsiplast.

"Not really, though the spaceport is being contested, which means some pressure off of us."

Timms kept reading.  "Ah, that's good.  The lines are firming up.  All we need are some shock troopers and we can counterattack against the enemy rolling at us." He winced.  "Two brigade strength. Sure would like to see some of that long sought after air support if you could." The officer shrugged with the common Army expression that meant there's a first time for everything when it came to Navy ground coordination.

"What else?  Ah, Dark Dragoons drew that duty of taking the shield generator in the highlands to the west of Moorjay.  With that out of the way, we've got an open window to space.  Raiders just got tasked with flanking the other side of the spaceport and running down any forces moving to reinforce that area.  With the city declared neutral, that's one more front we don't have to worry too hard about. Where are those troops leaving to, by the way."

The adjutant's reply came in the form of a grimace. "Oh. here." All the officer did was nod.  "Send up the usual requests. More troops, more ammo, more vehicles, and a TIE bomber pass or free bantha rides for the kids.  Whichever of the latter you think would actually happen first. Dismissed." He handed back the report and let the officer head back to conjure up what aid he could.

And with that, he picked up his macrobinoculars and began his hourly assessment of their positions - and the enemy headed toward them.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
May 13, 2004 2:50:13 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
From the backseat of a large posh civilian landspeeder Jester had carjacked earlier, Hashi spitted laser bolts of death out of the barrel of his repeating riot gun. The 300 round baby was the perfect weapon for the job as he aimed and lined up shots at the Moorja infantry scattered in and around residential blocks.

Next to him was the Jester's new comtech Slash, but for the moment, his comset and other signal gizmos were put aside in favour of his A280 ass-piercing heavy blaster rifle. His marksman skills were abit rusty, having been out of active duty for months. But he was a good enough shooter.

In the driver's seat was Firefrog, who seemed to be taking this wild ride through town like a pleasant drive. He hummed cheerfully and tried browsing through Moorjay's local radio stations, but all he got back was static. The rest of the Jesters were either with Merrick or taking their own initiative to cause havoc on the enemy, fighting alongside regulars of the 508th.

Firefrog leaned back in his seat made of rancor leather, his hands in control of the wheel. "Having fun? Take out as many of them, there's a good lad. Drinks on me to the one who picks off the most."

Hashi grinned while Slash looked dismayed. The former knew he could bag it easily. "This is gonna be easy. It's pratically a duck shoot out there." Both Slash and Hashi stuck the barrel of their guns back out the window, and started counting their kills aloud.

"1 rebel bag of sh*t.. 2 rebel bags of sh*t.. 3 rebel bags.."

"This is easier than shooting mynocks of a wall!"

Retaliation shots were soon heading their way, but with Frog at the wheel, their landspeeder was smoothly dodging the enemy fire. A couple of well aimed hits managed to find the trunk of the speeder, causing only superficial burns. The speeder wasn't theirs, anyway, so it was ok.

It was drive-by shooting Jestah style.

-----------------------
Sergeant Hashi Shiyun [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
+ SAW Goon, carries really big gunz +
-----------------------
- Jester Squad, Advanced Recon Commando.
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

May 13, 2004 3:19:36 AM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog pushed the speeder to its limits, running down a side street towards a squad of enemy, the few that were left from the boys shooting from the back dove to get out of his way. Shoving the repulsors into reverse, Frog spun the controls, throwing the speeder into a sharp 180 and floored it once more. Suddenly pinned down, the enemy didn't really have anywhere to go, and the couple that weren't shot by Hashi and Slash, chowed down on their last meal of high-grade bumper plasticompound.

The few remaining enemy squads were scattered and confused, now that the civilian populace was rising against them, and comms from home base had been mysteriously cut off. Not many still had the will to put up a decent fight, and the Jesters were beginning to get bored.

Frog gave up fiddling with the radio, "If I find out those dumbass Wraiths dropped a Golan on the radio transmitters, there's gonna be trouble, I swear."

Hashi stopped shooting out shop fronts long enough to reply, "This is getting kinda stale, when do ya think we'll get a new assignment?"

Frog shrugged, as he threw the speeder round a 90 degree corner, Slash's white knuckled grip on the side the only thing that kept him along for the ride, "Well I suppose we could always use our initiative, y'know, go ahead and make the next move ourselves."

"Thats a great idea Frog," Hashi paused a moment, "Which ways Coruscant from here again?"

Frog pointed up into the sky, and slightly to his right, then put both hands back on the wheel as they skidded around a hairpin, "I don't think this speeder will quite get us there, lets go find Merrick and see what she thinks."

Flying down a nice straight, they suddenly spotted a plasticrete barricade set up across the road. With no time to avoid, let alone stop, Frog surged the repulsors, launching the speeder and its occupants up and over the barricade. Somewhere in mid air the engines emitted a nasty cough, a splutter and then just gave up entirely. Landing not-so gracefully, the speeder turned sideways, and slid a good 100 metres or so before hitting a large rock, turning on its side and dumping our heros onto the ground.

Frog stood up, dusting himself off, "Well that could've gone better."

Hashi got up with a big grin on his face, hauling Slash up with him, "I wanna do that again!"

"Find me another vehicle, and I'll be happy to obliged Hash," Frog looked around him suspiciously, "But for now I think we should get off the road, and take the back alley way to Merrick..."

-----------------------
Jester Squad
The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them.
Merrick
ComNet Member

May 13, 2004 6:56:36 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick emerged from nearby, chuckling. "Nice air." Frog beamed. "See, we found her!" Merrick shook her head and picked her helmet up from the ground where she'd left it. "Well boys I don't know about you, but I need a rest. As far as I know there's not all that much left for us to do in this city, and I'm sure as hell not going into the crumbling lands." Frog nodded too much for the amount of talking Merrick had done. She looked at him curiously but soon shrugged it off. At this point Aeon came limping up to Merrick and saluted. Hashi and Frog mocked him and wandered off chuckling, dragging Slash with them. "Don't you three go too far. Yes Aeon what is it?" He took off his helmet. "Uh just thought you might want to know where the enemy's wounded and command are disappearing to, sir." Merrick nodded. "Sounds like something Fury would want us to break up. Where is it?"

---

"The wounded and those in need of more ammo go in that building, they've started up a makeshift hospital and rearming station. Next door is where the remainder of the high command are hiding. I think they are also plotting to kill more of the politicians for declaring the city neutral." Merrick nodded. "Thanks Aeon." They were in an area of the city that was almost all destroyed now, laying behind a pile of rubble looking at the buildings across the road. Hashi and Frog were betting on who would get to kill the most officers, and Slash was still wondering what the hell to make of his new squad.

"Well, we'll go in and kill as many of the High command as we can, Frog your team can do that. The rest of us will see about finding their weapon cache and blowing it up I guess. Don't kill the injured ones, the civvies won't like that. Oh, Slash you're with me now. Aeon, stay here." Everyone nodded and headed off in their appointed directions.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited May 13, 2004 7:00:29 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
May 13, 2004 8:40:02 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon slipped between the leaves of the two trees without a sound, it was so much easier to avoid detection in the leafy canopy than on the ground.

Gunshots were going off to his right, indication that the Wraiths were putting on the diversion they had promised.

With any luck they wouldn't be steamrolled before Argon could accomplish his objective.

Drawing close to one of the AA guns, Argon found what he needed, the power line, though far underground, was definitely drawing power, and with it, heat.

Using his IR detector, Argon found the signature of the wire, and locked it into the device.

A bird fluttered from a nearby tree, giving Argon just enough warning to get behind cover as a patrol rushed by, obviously intent on joining the fight against the rest of the Wraiths.

Returning to the treetops, Argon trained his device on the wire, but it was too faint to detect from such a height.

Swearing, he leapt back down to the ground and was rewarded by a blip appearing on the screen.

Suppressing his annoyance at having to travel at ground level again, he began to follow the wire.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
May 13, 2004 10:44:47 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
"Okay," said Kuroishi, wiping the blood from his vibroblade, "manning a hovertank is a three-man job - driver, gunner and commander. Who wants to walk point?"

Stonefish raised his hand.

"I'll do it, boss," he said, "I saw something interesting on the map anyways."

"Okay," replied Kuroishi, "Go check it out, we'll get this thing out of here and join you in a minute."

Stonefish nodded and turned away, walked down the side of the crumbling office block and into the alley behind it.

The buildings on either side of the back alley loomed tall and cast the small walkway in perpetual shadow. Stonefish made his way slowly down the side of the office block, eyes penetrating every shadow for signs of movement. The feature ha had noticed on the orbital photograph earlier had been a supply depot made out of an old refueling station. If things went according to plan, the republic troops would find out why ammunition and fuel did not mix well with explosives.

The end of the alley approached, and Stonefish could hear someone talking on the road ahead. Since no imperial troops were supposed to be in this sector apart from the Wraiths, Stonefish worked on the assumption that they were republic soldiers, and began to plan his way across the road to the alley on the far side. The veteran soldier edged his way up to the corner of the building and drew a small mirror from his belt. He extended the mirror out beyond the edge of the brickwork and took a look around. He could see a sandbag roadblock around ten metres up the road, manned by at least a dozen men wearing republic uniforms, and backed up by three light repeating blasters mounted on tripods behind the wall of sandbags.

I'll never get across this road without being spotted, thought the grey-haired warrior.

Stonefish leaned back and looked to the sky for inspiration, and then he noticed the walkway bridging the road a few storeys up. It had been damaged at some time, probably some hover-car accident, but the imperials had arrived before the local authority had time to repair it, but it looked traversable. Stonefish doubled back up the alley to look for a way into the building which joined the aerial footpath, all he could see was blank brick wall for most of the way back to where he had entered the alley. The imperial soldier returned to the corner and took a look at the wall which adjoined the road with his mirror. No more than four feet up the wall was the door, and a glass door at that.

Waiting for his moment, Stonefish whirled out and around into the doorway while the guards at the roadblock were not looking. He pulled a length of cordite from his pack and ran it around the edge of the glass, ran out a length of fuse and checked the guards. They turned again, and the imperial dived back around the corner, holding the end of the fuse. When he was back in cover, he attached a detonator to the fuse and armed it. Not waiting, Stonefish fired the cordite and dived back around and through the door. Shouts came from the guards at the roadblock, and he could hear feet coming his way.

Not much time.

A few feet into the corridor on the far side of the door, Stonefish stuck a laser trip mine on the wall and armed it.

That should buy me a few seconds.

The ageing imperial ran down the hall, and found the staircase, a grand-looking open affair. He quickly attached remote charges to the underside of the staircase and dived up.

"Halt!" came the call from the hall Stonefish had just exited.

Damn! They spotted the mine. Oh well, nothing for it now!

He threw two more armed charges on the balcony and dived for a doorway. As soon as he was clear, he detonated all the charges.

The walls of the building shook, and the door to the room Stonefish was hiding in was blown clear off of its hinges and hit the wall on the far side. Stonefish peeked outside.

How lucky am I!

The charges on the underside of the stairs had blown a sizeable chunk of marble into the wall above the entrance hallway, collapsing the ceiling for a few feet back into it, and killing the first few troopers after him. The one on the stairs had become nothing but a bloody smear, and the balcony had been blown off the wall for a dozen feet on either side.

Stonefish took the other door out of the room and headed for the top floor. When he reached the top level, he looked out of the window and spotted the ammunition dump at the end of the alley he was heading for. He took out his macrobinoculars and looked down the alley.

My lucky day! Stonefish silently exulted.

He took out his communicator and signalled Kuroishi.

"You got that tank out yet, boss?" he asked.

"Roger that, Fishy. What's your 'something interesting'?"

"Those idiots have made a fuel station their ammo dump, and I'm looking at it right now. How much elevation have you got on that cannon?"

"Everything but straight up, why?"

Stonefish pulled out a datapad and ran a few calculations quickly.

"Bearing zero-niner-zero degrees, elevation six-three-mark-five."

"Roger that, zero-niner-zero, six-three-mark-five. Firing."

Stonefish heard a thump and a shell whizzed over the road, arcing down toward the fuel and ammo dump.

"Shot," said Stonefish, "Now, brace yourselves."

The shell impacted in the centre of the fuel dump, right where Stonefish had aimed them, and the explosion rocked the building, shaking flakes of plaster from the ceiling. Stonefish was thrown flat to the floor in the shock wave. When he regained his feet, he looked out the window to see four blocks around the dump were nothing but rubble, right up to the far side of the road. The troopers that were manning the roadblock, those that were standing, were running to see if there were any survivors.

"Nice. That did it," said Kuroishi.

"Freeze!" said a voice from behind Stonefish.

"Hostile on my six," he whispered into the comm, "Protocol delta-six."

Stonefish thumbed a button on the rear of the communicator and heard the electronics fizzle into an inorganic mass. The ageing warrior dropped the device and raised his hands.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited May 13, 2004 10:45:54 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

May 13, 2004 11:18:24 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi pondered for a moment.  Maybe old age was finally catching up with him.

"Anyone remember what protocol delta six is?"  Kuroishi asked as he restarted the engine.

Kuroishi didn't wait for an answer, someone was threatining thier eyes on the ground and that just did not bode well for driving around in a tank.

Throttling up and moving out to Stonefish's location it was imperitive for Kuroishi to either figure out what protocol delta six meant or rescue Stonefish regardless of what the protocol meant.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
May 14, 2004 11:05:15 PM    View the profile of Rema 
"Ill be right down gunny, im just gonna give our buddies here a little help in taking the rest of the platform." Rema called to Afyon as the squad got up to head to the hanger.

"Just make sure you're down there ASAP. We wouldnt want to miss all the fun on the planet now would we." Afyon said with a smile as he marched the Dragoons out of the CC.

With power cut to the entire weapons system of the Golan, it was more or less a hunk of metal floating in space. As Strats and his men set up a perimeter around the CC, Rema closed and locked all the blastdoors in the Golan except those that led to the hanger. Rema further attempted to cut the shields to the still Rebel occupied section of the Golan, but wasnt sure if he succeeded.

The techs were arriving in the hanger bay and started slowly making their way up to the Command Center. Rema stood up from the terminal he sat at and exited the control room. Striding past the quickly constructed barricades that blocked direct access to the nerve center of the Golan, he couldnt help but be puzzled by the fact that the taking of his vital area was easy. Strats and his men were good he knew, but it was still too easy. Rema gave a nod to Strats as he entered the elevator. With a push of the button the doors slammed shut. Rema had the bad feeling he wasnt going to see Strats alive again.

Slipping on his battle scarred Stormtrooper helmet, Rema winced in pain as it settled on his head. The smack from the rebel earlier had dazed him, but it still hurt enough to slow him down. He would have to get a stim pack and slap a Bacta patch on it before they landed on Moorja.

Rema stepped from the elevator, entering the corridor leading into the hanger. The once quiet hanger was now chaotic. Soldiers ran from place to place unloading and transporting supplies. The lone freighter in the hanger before was now kept company by two shuttles and an Imperial Lander. A lone white figure stood in front of the lander talking with technician. Walked toward the all to familiar scene, Rema gave Afyon a nod and headed into the Lander. The Dragoons were all strapped into their seats when Rema arrived on the scene. Slipping off his helmet he slapped a small Bacta patch on his head and stuck a stim pack into his body.

Shaking his head from the sudden burst of alertness, Rema picked up his helmet and secured it back on. He headed up towards the cockpit and stuck his head inside. Two pilots didnt even notice him as they prepared to launch the shuttle. A blue light flashed inside Rema helmet signifying a private Comm. connection.

"Yes Gunny?" Rema said opening the channel.

"Is everyone all right in there?" Afyon replied.

"Yep, everyone is strapped in and ready to go."

"Good, im gonna give you the mission brief now. Once we hit the atmosphere, we are heading toward a shield generator outside a city the Vast Empire forces are sacking. Its in a hilly, forested, and rocky area. It will provide a lot of cover, but a lot of space for ambushes. A squad of repulsor troopers will be accompanying us for this mission. We will land roughly 2 klicks from the generator and go in on the ground from there. This is going to be a quick in and our mission. Lets not get bogged down."

With that the channel closed and seconds later Afyon walked into the crew compartment. The shuttle lifted off as the Gunny began the briefing for the rest of the squad. Rema secured himself standing up as the shuttle moved from the hanger bay. Staring out the cockpit window, Rema saw the massive space battle raging on. Then the giant planet of Moorja dominated the window. The shuttle accelerated and blasted toward the Rebel planet.

-----------------------
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
TRP/ASL/CPL Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA]
[This message has been edited by Rema (edited May 14, 2004 11:05:38 PM)]
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

May 15, 2004 5:12:42 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
Through the black visor of his scout helmet, Hashi scanned the target building across the road. He ignored the sweat dripping down his brow and concentrated on reloading his repeater with fresh rounds.

A flock of black crows tore overhead, their ear shattering caws breaking the silence before Jester's take out of the enemy.

Frog's team would be assaulting the high-rise building where most of the Moorja army's brass in the city were holed up. Slaying them would effectively decapitate enemy resistance in the city, leaving only isolated pockets of soldiers to fight on, or surrender. Whichever they choose.

Hashi looked through the scope, his eyes keeping a look out for enemy snipers who might be positioned behind semi-opaque windows.

A heavy gloved hand landed on his shoulder. "You know the plan right? Lay a base of covering fire while we charge across screaming blue murder." Firefrog said, a hint of reassurance in his voice.

"Easy enough man." Hash nodded confidently. "I'll dash across by myself once you guys reach the door."

Frog patted him once more and turned to his right. He gave a thumbs up to Jester's resident ninja, who promptly began unclipping a couple of smoke grenades from his belt.

Sokudo's Nacht V smoke grenades would provide smoke cover over a 20m radius for them to run through. Pulling his arm back, he launched them into the air one after the other.

A loud bang and Firefrog and co were sprinting away through the grey hazy smoke.

Hashi grunted and started strafing the building with his machine gun, shattering windows everywhere.

"Yippikayay!" he yelled, exuberation running through his veins as his gun rat-tat-tatted away.

-----------------------
Sergeant Hashi Shiyun [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
+ SAW Goon, carries really big gunz +
-----------------------
- Jester Squad, Advanced Recon Commando.
[This message has been edited by Hashi Shiyun (edited May 15, 2004 5:14:37 AM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
May 15, 2004 5:32:17 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
    "Snipes!" we've got another job, lets get to the hanger bay." Rizzits voice was loud, even though he stood barely five feet away"Everybody, lets go, turn your station over to a reg, except you two" Rizzit pointed at two Regular Officers" bring your squads with me, we're going planet side"

"Right!" the regulars said almost in usinsion before turning away to assemble thier squads.

it was only a few seconds before the group was running down the hallways, the regulars hard pressed to keep up, and it was only a few minutes before they reached the hanger bay, resistance was almost non-existant in the Golan now.

"Snipes, you think you can hotwire that YT?" Rizzit asked as they halted infront of the ship.l

"of course, just give me a sec" Snipes didnt give his luetenant time to respond before rushing in and tearing out the command console, by the time the others had reached the inside Snipes already had a preflight sequence started.

"thers no room in here for this many people!" one of the Regulars exclaimed.

"of course there is"Snipes spoke over the Regulars leader" Regulars get to ride in the cargo hold, wich is empty, i'm looking at the readout now."

"alright, can you fly this?" Rizzit asked

"i need a co-pilot" Snipes said, he could manage without but it made things easyer. Rizzit sat down next to Snipes in the co-pilot seat." alright, reroute all the power into engines, please, even life support, kick in the emergancy life support for this short trip."

"alright, captain," Rizzits emphasis obiously ment Snipes was being a bit too bossy, and Snipes couldnt handle another hit, so he moderated his tone.

Snipes waited the eternity for the preflight sequence to finish and for the hanger doors to open, he kicked in full throtle as soon as he could fit the ship threw them, it was a tight squeeze but he had made it, he swung the vehicle into a tight 180 and gunned the engines again, straight into the planet, it was only then that he reliased his mistake.

"Rizzit! do we have coordinates?!" Snipes was surprised he had overlooked the detail.

"its ok, they should be apearing on the nav ystem in a second." Rizzits teeth where gritted." isnt this a bit fast of an aproach."

Snipes looked at the speed, it was amazing this ship shoulding make it, but between all power to the engines and the natrual gravity the ship would tear itself apart soon."ya i suppose it is" Snipes gave a few quik fires of the retro boosters to slow them down to a safe yet still insanely fast aproach.

Forunatly the rest of the trip was uneventfull, they landed on top of a hotel in the city, under light AA fire, they didnt crash wich was amazing enough on its own.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
May 15, 2004 6:32:34 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
The shuttle jumped as it entered Moorja's atmosphere, causing Kami's restraint straps to bite into the top of her shoulders painfully. Ignoring the discomfort, as well as the dozen other aches that plagued her body, Kami focused on reloading what was left of her weapons as the shuttle bumped the rest of the way into Moorja.

After a few more minutes of bumping and jarring, the shuttle ride grew smoother, sending up a few sighs of relief from the jostled Dragoons. "Two minutes till drop-off," the metallic voice of the shuttle pilot announced over the speakers, the shuttle rolling towards the Dragoons destination. 

Two minutes later, the shuttle touched down with a gentle bump, allowing the Dragoons to pour out gratefully onto the landing zone.
Kami readjusted her helmet, and found herself standing in the center of a small undulating plateau, which to her, seemed to be the only flat area of land for a few miles in every direction. On either side of the Dragoons position, tall, twisted clumps of trees were scattered every twenty to thirty meters across the rock-strewn hills, forcing Kami to suppress the grimace which was becoming her ever present companion..
...Afyon wasn't underestimating the chances of an ambush out here...

Shouting drew Kami's attention for the first time towards the repuslor squad, who were waiting near the edge of the plateau. Kami followed her squad over, her eyes widening in fascination at the sight of the two repulsor tanks sitting in the center of the group.
"When do I get one of those? "She breathed, as a corporal from the repulsor squad jogged forwards to greet the Dragoons.
Rema poked Kami in the back to keep her moving "When you're older."

Afyon greeted the corporal, then after a quick discussion, turned back to address his squad, "Okay Dragoons, listen up. Corporal Flynn here has kindly provided us with the use of two replusor tanks and two military repuslor sleds that are more than capable of smashing that shield generator down."

Flynn gave a small bow at TK's and Kami's applause, then motioned back towards her squad and their rides
"Shall we?"

-----------------------
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 15, 2004 6:43:16 PM)]
Firefrog
ComNet Cadet

May 15, 2004 9:54:23 PM    View the profile of Firefrog 
Frog dashed across the road, the roar of Hashi's machine gun above his head. Nearing the entry, he pulled one of his own smoke grenades from his pack, and tossed it through one of the higher windows, to give Hashi a little bit more cover to get across.

Getting to the entry, Frog launched himself at the door, feet first. The door splintered and gave way, leaving Frog on his arse on the other side, and causing a few seconds pause in the armed guards watching the door. Which was just enough for Sokudo to lodge knives in their throats. Getting up with a grin, Frog brushed the debris off himself, and drew his weapon, leading the way up the stairs.

The hallway on the second floor was deserted, so the lads started trying doors, most of the rooms were empty, with the occasional one housing a scared rebel, who promptly met his end. Eventually they came across one of the sick rooms, filled with the casualties from the ongoing battle. A few of them looked up at their entry, and some even tried to run, or at least drag themselves, away from the Imperial armoured men.

"Relax fellas," Frog said, "We're not here to massacre the injured, but if any of you could point me towards some of your more healthy comrades, I'd be happy to send them to join you!"

One of the injured rolled off his stretcher, and when he rolled over onto his back, brought a hold-out blaster to bear on Frog. Quickly, Frog dove to one side, flipping over a man with an arm missing. Coming to a kneel, he opened fire on the armed man, soon realising the Sokudo and Tylen were also in on the attack. Walking over to the now corpse, he gave it a good kick.

Somewhere in all the blaster fire, the floor had apparantly become weakened, and Frog's kick was the last it could take. A reasonably neat circle of floor disappeared into the hole, taking the corpse with it. A squeal came from below, and peering into the hole the Jesters saw that the hole led down to a small room on the ground floor, where Hashi had just been searching.

"Oh so thats where you sithspawned fools got to!" Hashi yelled up at them, "It was beginning to get boring, killing everything on my own, why don't you throw me a rope?"

-----------------------
Jester Squad
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

May 16, 2004 4:09:23 AM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
[This message has been edited by Hashi Shiyun (edited May 17, 2004 3:35:10 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

May 16, 2004 7:32:04 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
As the tank came down the road to Fish's position Kurishi could see an infantry unit on the ground looking relieved to see one of thier tanks.

"Not today suckers."  Kuroishi said as he triggered the co-axial repeater.

What ever opposition Stonefish was facing was appearantly distracted enough by the firefight between an NR tank and an NR infantry squad that Stonefish took care of his own problem.

"Now to finish off opening the hole."  Kuroishi said as the Wraiths began to move again.

By now Argon should be in positin and all he should need is a distraction.

"Target designate one seven six decimal four three mark zero one zero decimal zero two.  Fire when Ready."  Kuroishi ordered as he looked through the commander's periscope.

The main gun of the tank let out a loud crack and flash as the shot raced directly into the ak ak gun Kuroishi had spotted.

"I'll man the roof top repeater.  Sam take the coaxial.  Mandor keep us moving as much as possible."  Kuroishi said as he popped open the roof hatch.

This was going to be interesting.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
May 16, 2004 10:17:34 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
The wire had branched at one point, which Argon had marked on his map and followed the left branch.

This could mean there were two power stations, or it could just mean that another gun was drawing power off that point.

He had been following this wire for about 150 meters before he heard the sound of New Republic troops.

Checking his IR detector, he found that they were directly on top of the path of the wire.

Leaping into a tree, he suddenly had a clear view of an installation poking itself above the treeline.

Patting his belt to make sure he still had his high explosives with him, he leapt down and made his way to one of the walls.

The wall was sheer, complete vertical, and made of metal, but Argon's climbing tools were more than capable of sticking to it, and he was at the top quickly.

"What the..." he heard.

Not pausing, he spun around, knife already flashing across the distance that separated him from the unlucky guard who had found him.

A wet gurgle as the man collapsed told him he had struck in the throat, exactly as intended.

Running over to check his kill, he found a large human.

Large by human standards at least, but nowhere near large enough to allow Argon to steal his uniform.

Recovering his knife, Argon found a small storage space nearby and stashed the body.

With any luck, it wouldn't be found until after Argon had finished his work.

Sheathing his knife, Argon moved deaper into the facility.

Now if only he could find some kind of map...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
May 16, 2004 6:39:53 PM    View the profile of Fury 
With a couple more Golans offline, and an Admiral in pocket to negotiate with the rest, the battle for space was winding a bit; at least to the point where the Dominion could lick its wounds and start slapping hull patches as needed. 

Over the past hour the tepid coffeine in his cup no longer had a pronounced tilt, which meant that the inertial dampeners were more or less repaired and stabilized.  Maybe the captain would stop whining like a boy who had lost his pet.  Actually, he doubted that very much.

For now, all the army had to do was await a proper deployment window to drop the rest of the troops.  These were soldiers either fresh from the academy or drawn from militia duty.  The premier reservists were already headed for ground with the 341st Legion and the 89th Rifles.  The 508th was in sad shape after bearing the brunt of the assault and was tasked to be beefed up with the 112th Heavy Infantry Battalion.  The 201st Legion and its tanks were also headed groundside. 

Basically, the best the Empire had in the Outer Rim were now getting the combat experience needed to take the fight back to the Corps.  The assaults on Fresia and Bilbringi were feints to this move.  An entire fleet was moved to Metellos to counter the inevitable attack which had never happened.  Both were valuable missions, but more for how they caused the NR to react.

Now they faced the hastily formed Fifth Fleet, a mix of privateers and large capital craft.  It was enough to blunt the thrust of the Vast Empire Navy, but things could have been so much worse.  Indeed, their response to an assault on a major border defense world was laughable at best. Imperial minelayers under heavy escort were even now seeding the three possible approach vectors for a fleet coming in from Yag'Dhul.  Mopping up the current threat was yet an issue, but reinforcements would be nothing more than so much merry fireworks.

Fury wished his people were destined to have so much luck.  As it was, they were just holding the line. Hopefully the dust would shake itself off and the lightning quick attacks the Imperial Army was known for would begin to show in all units.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

May 17, 2004 7:54:08 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
All guns firing the tank Kuroishi had captured had managed to make short work of the ak ak gun he had focused his efforts on.

Between taking out two tanks, an infantry patrol, and two ak ak emplacements the NR troopers were begining to fall into disarray.  Despite all that it wouldn't take them long to sort out which tanks were thiers and which one was currently occupied by VE forces.

Having rubble dropped on the roof top repeater did not do it any good but Kuroishi had managed to tinker with it here and there and only used short controlled bursts.

The biggest problem facing Wraith was time.  Given enough they could just annhilate the ak ak guns one by one, but they did not have that kind of luxery.

The biggest time saver of them all was currently working his way to the local millitary power source and once he blew it things around here would become a lot more favorable.  Everything hinged on Argon Viper right now.

The fixed positions had some AT weapons at thier disposal but thanks to having Stonefish on the ground they were not a serious threat.  Combined infantry and tanks in an urban environment were a hard thing to beat.  Either by themselves would be a far less effective fighting force.  All Kuroishi could hope for to make the situation more favorable was another tank or two and a full platoon of infantry to keep overwatch.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
May 17, 2004 9:59:19 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish sat slumped against a remnant of steelcrete block wall, resting a moment, before moving on to his next target. Over the last few hours, a number of things had changed the way his day was going. The first had been the republic trooper sneaking up on him.

"Freeze," said a voice from behind Stonefish.

"Hostile on my six," the imperial whispered into the communictor, "Protocol delta-six."

Stonefish thimbed the button on the back of the commlink and heard the small acid charge fizzle into the circuits, turning the delicate circuitry into a usless inorganic mass. The ageing warrior dropped the device on the floor, and raised his hands.

"Turn around," ordered his captor.

The grey-haired veteran turned to see a youth, barely out of his teens, wearing a republic uniform at least a size too large pointing a blaster carbine at him, and muttering urgently into his commlink.

"On your knees," said the young soldier, and Stonefish complied.

Just at that moment, the building was rocked by cannon fire as a hovertank commander misjudged his target and the shell slammed into the lower floor of the commercial block of which Stonefish and his captor occupied the top floor. The young republic warrior stumbled, and Stonefish took advantage of the moment, pulling a tiny blade from its holster up his sleeve, and ramming it home in the youth's eye. Stonefish kicked the carbine free of his hand before it seized up as rigor mortis set in. The convulsions did not last long, and soon the youth was dead.

A quick search of the dead soldier's pockets revealed his commlink, currently tuned to republic frequencies. Stonefish flipped up the access panel and re-tuned it quickly to the current imperial frequency and entered the day's encryption code.

"Stonefish to Kuroishi," said the imperial, "Cheers for the distraction, that was looking bad for a minute there."

"No problem, Fishy," came the reply, "What the hell is delta-six, anyway?"

"I thought that was a code-phrase for 'I think I'm captured, destroying my communicator so they don't get the encryption codes.'"

"Oh. Right. What are you using now?"

"A dead man's commlink."

"Roger that. You clear now?"

"Yup, and I have me a nice Republic uniform to wear for a bit as well."

"Nice. We'll meet you at the roadblock, and you can stash your imperial uniform in the tank for a bit. You may need it later."

A Republic lieutenant walked over to Stonefish and his group, and he jumped up offering a reasonable salute.

"We're pulling back again, soldier, get your gear and report to the starport."

"Yes, sir!" replied Stonefish.

The ageing imperial picked up his gear and joined the ragged column headed back to the base of operations for this sector at the starport. As he walked, he activated the communicator.

"Hey boss," he said in hushed tones, "I'm headed to the starport now. As soon as I arrive I'll get you some intel."

"Roger that, await your next communication. Off to make some more fireworks at that gun battery you passed ten minutes ago," came the whispered response.

A few minutes later, the man in the stolen republic uniform rounded a corner to see the starport itself for the first time. It looked like the entire city defence was collapsing back on the starport complex itself, maybe to deny it to the invaders for as long as possible. All the approach routes looked to have been blocked off with heavy tanks and fixed anti-infantry, and anti-armour weapons behind hastily erected prefab steelcrete barricades. From a cursory inspection, Stonefish could see several snipers manning balconies and windows, and at least a full division of regular infantry camped out on the landing pads. This was going to be ugly.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

May 17, 2004 3:02:27 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
The battered old YT-2300 hit the atmosphere like a ton of bricks. Which was more or less what it felt like riding. Rizzit peered at Snipes out of the corner of his eye, then re-routed some of the engine power back to the internal compensators and life-support.

The Raiders were known for their crazy tactics, but trying to enter a planets atmosphere at neasr light speed in a 50 year old freighter on its last legs, was beyond where Rizzit was willing to go.

The sergeant snapped his head over and glared at Rizzit, biting back a rebuke after realizing it was Rizzit sitting next to him. Rizzit returned the glare with a look that said I just dare you.

"We want to make it there alive Snipes," Rizzit said, "not as ash raining from the sky." A creaking sound from the aft side of the ship reinfored Rizzit's point, and Snipes dialed down the thrusters.

The freighter  cleared the cloud line, and Sniped pulled back on the flight stick, levelling the ship off.

"Look down there!" Rizzit exclaimed, " Must be Major Timms command post." He tracked a line from the command center out towardst he horizon...

"Sithspawn" Rizzit muttered under his breath. "Snipes come about 59 degrees to port, theres a HUGE New Republic force massing about 4 klicks east of our Army's position."

"Roger that," was all the sergreant replied, still embarassed by his actions in orbit.

Rizzit hit the ships comm speakers. "Substance, get back into the dorsal turret. Everyone else strap in." Following his own advice, Rizzit secured himself in the flight harness.

"Snipes we'll need to invert the ship so Substance has a clean shot at them." Glacing down at the ship's console, he saw that the missile banks were empty. Of course he thought.

Snipes punched the accelerator to full speed, and the aging freighter groaned and squealed with the effort. It accelerated slowly, giving Snipes time to secure himself and bring the ship on course.

About half a klick out Snipes rolled the freighter over. A few thuds echoed threw the hull as a couple regulars decided they were too smart to buckle up. Rizzit thought he heard curses muttered from the cargo hold, confirming his thoughts.

Substance opened fire 250 meters away, mowing down ground troops, liquifying them with lasers intended to destroy starfighters. He snapped a few shots off at some of the transports and tanks, managing to take out a few, but the ship was already past the formation, and turing about to head for the spaceport.

A few minutes later Snipes set them down on the roof of a nearby hotel.

-----------------------
-
Dark Jedi Acolyte Phoenix

TRN/AC Phoenix/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited May 17, 2004 3:12:43 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:30:04 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 301  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >