Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
August 13, 2004 5:01:35 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon and Fish, naturally being long-time black ops men, heard everything that was said in the other room, even when trying not to.

"Interesting background," remarked Argon, "no wonder he didn't talk much about it."

"Yeah," said Fish, "doesn't exactly make us look like saints in comparison either, does it?"

Both of them stood silent for a second while they remembered what they had done, both as Fallen Angels and POD soldiers for the Intruder Wing.

The list of war crimes was long, possibly unmatched by all but an unimaginably small fraction of living beings in the universe.

Both of them looked back proudly, knowing that, however many war crimes they had committed, crimes against humanity (atrocities against civilians) was a charge that no being in the galaxy could put against them.

"Sorta puts things in perspective doesn't it," remarked Argon.

"Yeah, it sorta does," replied Fish.

Both of them looked at the other, knowing that, despite the consequences, neither would take back anything they had done.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 13, 2004 10:29:37 PM    View the profile of Fury 
The flotilla was organized in formation.  A line of resupply craft was lying in wait with concussion bombs and proton torpedoes to replace those used in clearing out the minefields.  And so, the campaign began.

Deepspace Communications Vessels began an active jamming of the system as the turbolasers of the various capital ships began to blast away at the preplanned route to the planet.  It was a risk to interrupt communications as the New Republic was known to regularly monitor events on the planet, but it was not uncommon to lose signal due to various natural causes.

In any case, enough people were were going to notice the arrival of the Vast Empire.  "Begin fire!" announced the captain of the Dominion to the other ships present.  Various stuttered turbolaser fire erupted from the heavy guns, mixed in with lighter laser cannon fire that was more targeted.  Sensor readings began picking up gravitational anomalies, which became targets for torpedos and bombs to ferret out cloaked or concealed mines.

All in all, it took eight hours of bombardment, mine sweeping, and sensor analysis to get to the atmospheric edge of Bestine IV.  The resupply ships came up to reload the vessels so they could do it again for the planetary layer.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
August 14, 2004 9:56:05 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi looked blankly at Anubis for a moment.

"I guess we are a little more alike then I thought.  While I was never outcast for it I have killed an imperial officer as well.  The imperial officer had gone mad from not being able to cope with the gravity of my homeworld and killed my father.  The greatest thing you have to fear from being a Wraith is the fact you're associated with war criminals now.  Despite that train wreck the crew here still has one of the best enemy killed and wounded to civilian killed and wounded ratios in the known galaxy.  We have work to do."  Kuroishi said as he left the kitchen.

Anubis was lucky in Kuroishi's eyes.  At least Volsa didn't have the same passion to outright kill Anubis that Neeman Colpman had to kill him.

Kuroishi knew his control was only temporary with all the old thoughts and painfull memories that his conversation with Anubis had brought up.

"What the heck.  They're early."  Argon said as he watched explosions in the darkening skies.

"Allight everybody, we're under the clock now.  We need to act and act fast.  It's not going to be safe on the streets anymore after this.  We're going to have to operate as a squad now just to be able to cover each other.  Our first objective is going to have to be find and take out command and control facilities for the orbital and sub orbital defenses.  Next we're going to have to see if we can go forward with our plan to keep the garrison pinned under by the Nighthawks and the VEA.  We still do not know what the Nighthawks want, who they will side with once the forces hit the ground.  We need to either find out or force the issue.  Fish start seeing what you can do to find out which buildings we need to go after to get some of those mines off line.  Everyone else start getting geared up."  Kuroishi hurriedly briefed the gathered Wraith troopers.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
August 15, 2004 1:53:17 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish was pleased to have an objective he felt comfortable with at last. The other members of the squad may have found their own ways of dealing with undertaking the role of terrorist, but Fish did not. He had spent the last several weeks in the role of analyst, a job which bored him to the verge of suicide, but one which avoided any questionable moral actions on his part.

The ageing soldier sat at a terminal and began his work. The city security feeds were becoming more erratic as the Nighthawks took control of the camera stations and satellite feeds and altered encryption codes and frequency rotations, making Stonefish's job harder by the minute. The only stable feeds were from the republic military satellites, and so far he had only been able to crack one of their encryption codes, giving only limited access.

As time ticked by, Kuroishi came to check on progress.

"What have you got so far?" he asked.

"So far, I've been able to ascertain that the orbital defences are controlled from these two locations," he pulled up a map of the city, and illuminated two buildings roughly four kilometres apart in orange, "The suborbitals will be harder to knock out, since the rebel movement has taken over some of the control facilities. There are a number of independently controlled anti-air and anti-armour guns located around the outskirts of the city. The only effective means of disabling all of them quickly would be to shut down the local power substations, which are at these three locations," Stonefish lit another three buildings in red, "Unfortunately this would damage the city infrastructure somewhat, though in this case, I believe command would place this under 'acceptable loss'."

"Good, what can you tell about personnel?"

"From what I can see, both the orbital control facilities are under republic control, but besieged by mobs, so these will be tough to crack. Two of the three substations are fully under Nighthawk control, the third is contested at this time."

"Okay, is there any way you can get into the Nighthawk communication channels?"

"I can, but it will take too long."

"Looks like this is the old-fashioned way then," Kuroishi said grimly, picking up his rifle, "gather round, people!"

The other members of the squad huddled in around the digital map of the city. Stonefish kept the buildings highlighted, and lit up several more areas in green.

"Okay," began Kuroishi, "We're going to hit the orbital control facilities first. These will be targets Mickey and Minnie. The power substations for the city we will work on after the Navy has a clear approach. They will be Huey, Dooey and Lewey. Fish, what are the green blobs for?"

"These represent concentrations of suspected Nighthawk or other forces from the last set of images I could acquire," just as Stonefish finished, all his camera feeds went to static, "Uh-oh, this is bad."

"What?" asked Argon.

"The Nighthawks have shut down all the cameras, the satellites, everything!" exclaimed Stonefish.

"Okay, time is running out, people," said Kuroishi, "Let's move!"

[OOC: Maybe a little inconsistent, but I'm behind with the story.]
  -----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited August 15, 2004 1:55:43 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 15, 2004 4:08:50 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
"Well kiddies, I hope you all got your rest. Play time is over. In your alcohol induced haze, you may or may not have noticed that we've dropped out of hyperspace."

Angel saw a few nodding heads amongst the assembled Raiders, most of whom looked groggy and hungover.

"Well we are now descending to Bestine IV, a planet torn apart by a raging Imperial Remnant/ New Republic battle. The planet is divided into two halves basically." Angel pointed at a holoprojection of the planet. We're being dropped here. just outside of the main Imperial stronghold. out objective is to assist the Remnant forces and run operations into NR territory."

Knight spoke up from the front. "We're being dropped into the ocean?"

"Our dropships WILL float unless they are shot full of holes, which I will tell you, IS a very good possibility. The entire planet is mined, both the skies and the ground. There are also a large number of security and military droids programmed to shoot anything that moves. I wont kid you guys, this is the real thing. All of our previous missions have been nothing compared to what we are about to embark on."

"We are dropping into an extremely hostile environment, " continued Angel. "There will be NO supply drops, no air support, no relief forces. We are there until we are dead, or until we achieve victory. Pack as heavy as you can. We will be picked up from the dropships by locals and taken to the city, so stock up on weapons, ammo and explosives."

Stunned faces were all Angel could see in the crowd, and he wished now more than ever that the veteran members, Otto and Dee were there. Unfortunately they were allowed to remain behind with the Dark Jedi, while Angel came back to command the relatively green group of troops.

Scanning the faces, Angel already knew who he could count on when things got rough, and he knew they would. JR was a seasoned vet, and Lukas had served in Wraiths for a while. FK was coming into his own, and Angel knew he would be good for leadership opportunities.

"Everything is you need to know is included in the briefing packet Fury prepared, which Rizzit will hand to you on the way out. Read it, know it, memorize it.

"No questions? Good, you have 30 minutes to pack and get to the hanger bay. Move out."

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 15, 2004 4:11:04 PM)]
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  69
August 15, 2004 5:39:51 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
Caleb left the breifing room suprised. "Im am going on the mission that they have never done before... At least i thinkso... Well i better go pack, and ill need a few patches just incase my burn gets outa shape. And ill need some heavy blasters do deal with any unwanted creatures or driods.

Caleb made his way through the hall and down to his room. He got out his bag but first put on his armour and his belt. In his belt he packed 2 little tracers wich he probaly didnt need but he wanted to be on the safe side... After all... It was his first army operation.. Then he pack these tiny little grenade things that were a few blasts stronger then a single blast. Then he pack a cable in because ya never know when you would need one. Then he pack in his bag a E-11 Blaster Rifle, 2 DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistols and a few Thermal Detonators and some snacks couse  the wasnt going to be suplies for a long time. Finaly he back a recharger and a ammo pack.

Caleb sealed up his bag and headed out to the hanger. Suprisingly he was the first.

-----------------------
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/LCP Caleb/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Beat me the heat"
"Have lots of fear, Caleb is here"
"Have no fear, Caleb isnt here"
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

August 15, 2004 5:43:04 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Buying off three freighters full of low-tech gravity bombs from Zerek 456 seemed like nothing more than a good deal for the VE's new allies, but they came in quite handy in attracting smart mines.  Between them and sporadic bursts from the Dominion's guns a path was clear for the dropships.

Against all rational advice, the VSD was into Bestine IV's outer atmosphere and beginning to attract fire from the New Republic ground-to-space artillery units.  Luckily for the Vast Empire, they probably hadn't shot at such a distance for at least eight years so most shots were way off.  Still, it was a concern.

"Captain K'wislin, perhaps we make ourselves a distraction after we've off-loaded the troops?" grimaced Fury as a stray shot actually made it to the ship's location.

"At Moorja, you wanted us in close.  Now I am and you don't like it.  Make up your mind."  Actually, he kind of had a point there.  Fury remained silent for the time being. "Begin drop operations!" he continued.

The first dropships were to be filled with supplies and ammo and the few vehicles that could get to ground quickly.  Following them would be a mix of stormtroopers and regulars, like Timm's people.  Other support staff and regulars would follow as long as the gap in the mine protection held up.

With the leading salvos of turbolaser fire, gravity bombs and targeted proton torpedos leading the way, dozens of dropships departed the Dominion and headed to ground.  Behind them came the sleek but lightly armored Imperial Scout Walker Transports and Imperial Transport Craft carrying a platoon of regulars each.  They were the most vulnerable of the landing party as they were going at speeds that didn't crush a being to their seat.

Fury was watching with concern as this tricky part of the drop commenced.  Apparently so were some of the sensor crews as no one saw what happened next.

The groundside artillery were changing tactics and beginning to accurately zero in on the Dominion's position.  They began to use their firing lanes to good use and with the next flurry of directed fire came multiple loads of mine seeding droids. While the gunner's caught on in time to destroy a fair amount of the automated minelayers, enough came close enough to the ship to drop their cargo.

The shields held through the first two spreads of mines, then two more salvos followed, taking out the port engines and began to travel up the side of the ship.

Amidst the klaxons, the reality of the situation was obvious.  The Dominion was in bad shape.  K'wislin, of course, had no idea of what to do.  He laid sprawled on the deck, not even rising up to bark the orders necessary to regain command of his vessel.  Fury did a quick glance and saw the tactical officer barking orders into the comm system, making the hard choices to sacrifice some lives to save the ship.

Walking over to her, he waiting until she was done.  "Captain Elith..."

"That's Lieutenant Commander, General."

Fury waved that aside, "Captain Kara Elith, you are now in command of the Dominion.  I will continue to ground with our forces.  You find the best way to get this craft back into space.  Retreat to a safe distance and continue the landing process.  Begin operations to reclaim the old Bestine shipyards and drydock the ship for repairs."  He passed over a datachip. "This should cover any contacts and expenses for that operation. Good luck."

The officer had enough composure not to even blink in surprise. "Thank you sir.  Good hunting."

They exchanged salutes and Fury turned to leave, only to run into a blaster held very shakily by Daj K'wislin.  Fury had a thousand things to say to the man, none of which would even register through his thick skull.  Fortunately the proper response was found in his various sparring matches with his assigned royal guards, who were teaching him Echani.  With a pivot kick to remove the blaster from the shamed officer's hands, Fury followed with a throat jab that ended the mundane career of Captain K'wislin.

Without a word, he headed for the turbolift to grab his armor and get to the hangar.

-----------------------
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 15, 2004 10:03:09 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
The Wraiths were on the way to the first orbital control facility designated Mickey.  The way was littered with various hazards, battles between Nighthawk and New Republic forces could be seen at several areas on the way, but the Wraiths made a good effort at avoiding them.

Then there were the various automated gun emplacements that had sprung from hidden areas: from beneath the surface, out of the walls of buildings, and even from piles of what looked like junk.  They're auto-fire sequence caused them to fire on anyone; Nighthawk, New Republic, Civilian, and the Wraiths.

At one pass between two apartment buildings, a set of four of the automated blaster turrets appeared, opening fire and giving the Wraiths only limited cover.  Hiding behind the remains of one of a SWAT van that the Wraiths had sabotaged not too many days ago, Anubis opened fire onto the nearest turret.

The wall-mounted weapon was double-barreled, and the shots that flew out were powerful enough to destroy various things except for the heavy armor plating that remained on the SWAT van.  Several well placed shots with his blaster carbine destroyed the turret.

He only got the chance to help with one other turret before the Wraiths were once again free to continue on their way to Mickey.  At a distance of several hundred meters from their objective, Anubis used his electrobinoculars to examine the defenses that would need to be destroyed before entering the complex.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
August 16, 2004 8:36:21 AM    View the profile of Daishi 
Kuroishi looked out over his cover to see how close they were getting to thier objective.

The mobs were getting worse as more and more lements of vieing factions tried to take advantage of the chaos and grab power for themselves.  So far the major players were still the New Republic trying to maintain control and the Nighthawks trying to accomplish what ever they wanted to accomplish.

Most lost thier courage with only a shot or two in the general direction of the mobs with Kuroishi's 12.7mm non-silenced rifle.

Even disciplined troops had trouble coping with the threat the weapon presented simply because virtually every professional army had not faced slug throwers with such firepower in god knows how long.

The squad began moving again.  It was a long trip under the circumstances even though the actuall distance was quite reasonable.

Another mob and another double tap from Kuroishi's rifle.

Most of these people were just angry citizens taking out thier frustrations.  Kuroishi had atleast somewhat come to terms with the massive civilian casualties he had caused before because the train that was wrecked was not what was listed on the schedule.  Now there seemed no way to avoid killing civilians on purpose.  All that could be done was to limit how many were killed and wounded.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
August 16, 2004 9:29:01 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The form of the New Republic base sat in a dank, industrialised area of the city like a tumour, a massive concrete form, grown out of control amongst its squat surroundings. The walls around the base sported anti-infantry emplaced guns, and a large number of troops patrolled the crenellated battlement, sporadically exchanging fire with the besieging forces.

This is the scene Kuroishi, and the rest of Wraith squad observed as they emerged from the warehouses and shops around it. As they were passing the last of the shops, Stonefish paused and looked at the screens of holo-units in the display window.

"Err, boss," he said a little uncertainly, "I think you may want to watch this."

The screens flickered back from static to show a Twi'lek face.

[OOC: Sorry, guys. Fish hijack time]

"I am Vosla Tek," began the figure, "leader of the Nighthawks. As of this moment, we control the majority of this planet's power and communications resources. We tire of the yoke imposed on us by the militaries of other worlds, and of the costs borne by the world from use of technologies. The power and communications grids of the planet Bestine will shortly be terminated and destroyed that we may live again as Nature intended."

As she stopped talking, the holo-units went dead, as did the lights inside the shop. The constant electrical hum of street lighting faded and the city was plunged into darkness.

"This just keeps on getting better!" said Kuroishi.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 16, 2004 10:22:26 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
After the city was plunged into darkness was when the true danger showed itself.  Massive organized groups of Nighthawks came out of the abandoned buildings of the city, carrying some weaponry Anubis had never even seen before.

The New Republic and civilian mobs were being slaughtered.  Anubis could only watch in horror as some people were turned to smoking skeletons in seconds by flamethrowers while others were ripped apart dart rockets.

"We have to find some way to stop them or else the civilian population on this planet won't exist any more."  Anubis cried out, looking for some solution.

Looking back at the New Republic compound, they saw that the situation there wasn't any better.  Several anti-infantry guns had been destroyed by planted explosives, and the New Republic troops were having an even harder time keeping away panicked civilians and the organized Nighthawk army.

The Wraiths took this time to act, heading towards the compound and hoping to find some way to make use of the reosurces there in order to stop the genocide that was occuring on the streets.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 16, 2004 10:22:56 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: GO FISH!  Feels good to hijack doesn't it?  /OOC]

Kuroishi couldn't believe it.  He was actually stumped on what to do now.  With the power turned off by the Nighthawks thier job was pretty much already done.

"You know this solves a lot of problems for us.  Though this also does open a lot of possibilities.  They have to know there is an invasion fleet inbound.  The troop ships should be touching down about now.  So why would those who want to secure this world for the sake of this world even if they intendid to live without technology not wait until after they had fought off all outside oppressors?"  Kuroishi rambled mostly to himself.

With the artificial lights off the streets had grown dark.  The violence would only escalate.  Wraith needed to get off the streets.

"The rioting is just going to get out of hand for a while.  We'll be dead if we stay in the streets.  Unless someone has a better idea we need to get back to our safe house and be ready to repel intruders.  The New Republic facilities are going to be hotbeds for a while."  Kuroishi briefed.

Kuroishi knew where this could head if he was not carefull.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
August 16, 2004 10:54:54 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas got up after listening to Fallen Angel give the mission briefing.

As Caleb passed him, Lukas noticed he looked shocked and nervous.

Walking to the doorway, Lukas turned around and looked at his fellow squad mates, some of them looked nervous, but others looked determined as ever.

Lukas turned and walked out of the room, walking down the corridor to his quarters.

As he entered his quarters, he started by packing his weapons: Whisper sniper rifle, Mynock Q33 silenced pistol, two Hieb & Stich knives, and an E-11 blaster rifle.

He put his weapons out on his bed and walked over to his closet, pulling out his Standard stormtrooper armor, putting that on the table.

Lukas grabbed his black belt and opened up one of the small pockets on it, putting a bunch of small metallic spheres in it, closing it after he filled it up.

A few slots down, he took frag grenades, smoke grenades, and incenidiary grenades, putting them on his belt.

He ran one final check on his gear, throwing in a few extra clips of ammo and rations as well.

Lukas grabbed all his gear and ran over the checklist one more time, heading out of his quarters, and down towards the hangar.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Raiders Cook
[This message has been edited by Lukas_Yuy (edited August 16, 2004 4:43:42 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 16, 2004 10:55:34 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
As the Wraiths began to run back to the safe house, Anubis finally came to the realization he knew was hidden behind whatever hides those things.

"I got it!" Anubis screamed as they passed a dark alleyway.  The Wraiths stopped, then looked perplexed at him.

"She doesn't care about some nature thing, I knew that wasn't like her.  She was just trying to keep support from her troops and make it look like she was staying.  Truth is, I think she's going to be heading off-planet.  Why else would she disable the defenses of the planet with an invasion fleet arriving.  And I don't think she's leaving in a fighter, you could still get out with a fighter, I think she's leaving in a capital ship."

"A Capital Ship, like what exactly?" Stonefish asked.  It was revealed a few moments later when a number of large explosion erupted from not far outside the city.  A large ship the size of a victory-class star destroyer rose out of the ground, firing its engines and heading towards space.

A number of smaller craft, starfighters, emerged from hidden hangars scattered throughout the city.  "Kuroishi, I think we have a new priority, I think we have to warn the fleet above about that ship...it has some nasty looking guns."  Anubis said, looking at the dark colored ship as it flew past the city, its engines roaring and deafening the fighting that was still occuring across the city.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 16, 2004 10:56:42 AM    View the profile of JR 
JR left the breaching and headed back to his room to pack.  He knew he would have to bring all the weapons he had knowing that there would be a few troopers who would have very little in the advanced weapon category.  He first packed all his blaster rifles and pistols, he then packed his flechette launcher.  Finally he cleaned and polished his daggers, hatchets and throwing knives then hid them in various parts of his body.  After packing he cleaned his armour and began to put it on.  He knew this would be the hardest thing he had ever done.  He looked at the clock on the wall and realized that it was almost time to leave. With that he got up and left for the hanger.

OOC/ sorry bout the short post but i've just been called to do something.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
Raiders Squad
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 16, 2004 11:57:28 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Would you like her taken alive or extra crispy Anubis?  /OOC]

"Okay screw this planet, we've done the best we could in the time alotted.  We're heading for the Royal Barkalounger getting out of here and warning the fleet.  I hope the VEN has shown up or the VEA is pretty well screwed.  Doomsday protocol on our stores in the safe house."  Kuroishi barked as he changed direction.

Kuroishi and Wraith ran for where the Royal Barkalounger was at.  With the troop landings most of the mobs were now dissipating and running for safety.

There would be one heck of a fight for this world yet but Kuroishi did not feel like being here for it.

It was a long run for Wraith in full combat gear but that was nothing new to the black ops trained unit.

No major incidents blocked thier path to the Royal Barkalounger until they got to the Royal Barkalounger.

"Damn it the tide here is insane.  Aight I got the environmental armor so I'll get the ship out and on dry land for the rest of you.  Keep a hold of these for a bit Argon"  Kuroishi said as he tossed his equipment and gun to Argon.

Kuroishi just walked along the bottom to the Royal Barckalounger's top side air lock.  At least that would not flood the Royal Barkalounger.

The ship groaned and strained as it started powering up and complained even more when Kuroishi lifted it off the bottom of the lake.

"Wraith one to Dominion.  Be warned there is a large enemy vessel trying to make a break for it in sector nine alpha.  Advise caution."  Kuroishi radioed.

"Dominion is out of commission for now.  Devastator battle group will handle it since we are in position.  Get the Royal Barkalounger up here but you'll probably be sent back down to reinforce Fury and the regulars."  The familiar voice of Daishi responded from the ship's comm speakers.

So it was a haalucination that Kuroishi had.  Not a good sign in his book.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 16, 2004 4:53:53 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
[OOC:I'd like her taken alive, how else would she affect Anubis in future chapters to come. /OOC]

Anubis watched as the Royal Barkalounger breached the surface.  When it settled onto the beach and its landing ramp opened, the Wraiths rushed in and strapped themselves in for a quick ride back up to the fleet.

The old ship rose and with a quick blast of the engines accelerated towards space.  Looking out of one of the ships viewports, Anubis could see the ship Vosla was in.  It was a ship of unique design, covered with heavy blaster cannons, quad laser cannons, and two forward facing turbolasers stripped from a Golan Defense Platform.

Anubis then turned his attention away from the ship as a pair of TIE Fighters came to either side of the Royal in order to escort her to the Devastator.  Anubis wondered what would come next, and whether or not the next meeting between him and Vosla could end up like it had all those years ago.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 16, 2004 6:20:28 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon rushed on board the Barkalounger and took his accostumed seat at the main gunnery control.

With Fish in the copilot's seat and Kuroishi in the pilot's, it was beginning to feel more like the old days; he could almost hear Geist and Master arguing over the nature of the force again.

The sudden thrust of the ship threw Anubis a little bit off balance, and when he wrestled his way back into his seat, he remembered to fasten his safety restraints too.

"Fighters inbound on vector 289," said Fish, "coming in fast."

"I got em," said Argon, "Anubis, take the bottom guns, I've got topside."

"Got it," said Anubis as control of the guns was rerouted to his station.

Argon started off targeting the guns individually, placing their fire vectors in the most likely approach vectors of the approaching enemy ships.

The initial attack was a straight out victory for the Barkalounger, three enemy fighters destroyed, two more sustaining hull damage, and almost every enemy fighter hit in the shields at some point, but once they were close, the fighters began to break and circle, making them harder to hit.

Argon put one of his guns on automatic and took direct control of the other one.

Using the control switch, he flipped through the guns as much as he could to follow a single target, and was rewarded with a bright flare that blossomed in the atmosphere next to them.

Only eight more to go, and they could start worrying about the planetary defenses that the VEA and VEN were busy fighting their way through from the other side.

[OOC: Sorry for the lack of posting, didn't have internet access all weekend.  Now that we're in the week, it should be better.  Great story you guys have put together, we need to write this up and market it  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited August 17, 2004 3:34:08 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 16, 2004 6:39:15 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis jumped into the port gunnery station.  Activating his guns and preping for the incoming assault.  With part of him still soar from falling over as the Barkalounger blasted towards space, Anubis had to concentrate a little more as the Nighthawk fighters came towards them.

Being a modified version of the preybird starfighter, they weren't as difficult as a New Republic B-Wing, but their agility and speed were something to contest with.

Argon did a good job with the first group that approached and now it was his turn.  Eight fighters remained, and Anubis hoped to take out at least four of them with their next pass.

As the preybirds passed by, Anubis opened fire, with all of his guns directly linked on a single target at a time, twon of them quickly fell.  The others rolled and dived out of the way of his barrage of fire.

Being more used to the Corellian top and bottom turret design, Anubis could not open his guns to their full potential as Argon did.

The next pass by the fighters did moderate damage as the fighters hit one of the Barkaloungers weak spots.  Fire sputtered out of the ship, but since there was no hull breach of any kind, the ship could still make it out of the atmosphere.  The next pass by the preybird squadron dwindled their numbers down to three as Anubis got an extra one and Argon destroyed an extra three.

Of the remaining fighters, two had been hit.  One however was in perfect condition and was also carrying an outside hung proton torpedo.  With the next pass, the torpedo was launched, and Anubis could only fear the worst as it closed in.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 16, 2004 7:45:20 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Standing in the hatch of the dropship, Angel barked at the stragglers. "SNIPES, JR, KNIGHT HURRY UP OR YOU GET LEFT!"

The last three raiders were running full tilt across the docking bay, dragging packs of gear and trying to fasten their armor. Angel smacked the back of their heads as they finally boarded the dropship.

"I SAID HALF AN HOUR! NOT 35 minutes!" Shaking his head in frustration, Angel turned his anger into power, and used the Force to push the hatch close button. Angel caught a glimpse of the General dashing across the docking bay in full armor. He's coming too? Angel wondered.

Projecting his voice towards the cockpit, Angel hollered "Hatch secured! Lets move" Ion engines and repulsor lifts flared to life as the pilot lifted the ship out of the hanger and through the magnetic field. Taking his seat, Angel strapped himself in, then glanced at Caleb, who wasn't buckled up.

"You might want to strap in, I take it you've never dropped before?" He heard JR ask Caleb.

"Wasn't exactly part of the training." The new Lance Corporal responded.

"Well you're in for one hell of a ride Greenie." Snipes quipped.

"Here we go boys!" Angel yelled, "hold on to you butts!"

The engines cut out, and the ship went into freefall. Angel's stomach leapt into his throat as the ship accelerated to insane speed. Through the cockpit Angel could see the flame licking across the viewport form the atmospheric drag. below them a large blue ocean grew closer and closer.

Tapping into the Force, Angel kept himself from blacking out. Someone in the squad was whooping, and Angel knew it had to be either Snipes or Rizzit, since they seemed to enjoy this more than anyone.

Looking out the front viewport again, Angel saw the ocean almost on top of them. Red scarlets of energy flashed past the ship as the Rebel turrets desperately tried to halt the invasion before it started.

Finally the pilot kicked in the repulsor lifts and flipped the craft end over end. Firing the ion drive to slow their descent, Angel was thrown forward in his restraints. Right before impact the engine cut out, and the ship fell the last 30 meters into the ocean.

Burying itself 50 meters deep in the water, the Drop ship slowly started to rise back to the surface, eventually breaking above it.

Unstrapping himself, Angel surveyed the squad. Caleb was frozen in place, and extreme look of horror on his face. JR and Snipes were stretching as if waking up from a long nap. Rizzit was talking to the pilot, and FK was checking his comm gear to make sure nothing was damaged in the drop.

Opening the back hatch, Angel took his first breath of Bestine air.

He coughed. "This is going to take some getting used to." he muttered.

JR stepped up beside him. "What now boss."

Pointing off towards the small dots on the horizon, Angel said "We wait for out ride to get here."

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
August 16, 2004 9:39:29 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
***Before the Landing***

Afyon drained the bottle and dropped it on the table.  The bottle made a loud thud and rolled a bit on contact.  Afyon put his head

down on the table and sighed.  The sight of the executions kept recurring in his mind like a horrible dream that wouldn't go away.

He shook his head again and closed his eyes.

A young man was sitting on a hill overlooking a small spaceport on the planet of Corellia.  His arm around the shoulder of his

soon to be fiance.  The two had been enjoying a bottle of port and a picnic to celebrate two years of being together.  In the man's

pocket was the expensive engagement ring he had spent his savings on. To him, nothing was more special than Christa, the

woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.  The man pulled Christa tight to him and then laid back and pulled her on top

of him.  The two kissed deeply for a few moments before the man reached down in his pocket to take out the case that held the

ring.  As he was about to ask, he was interrupted by the loud sound of a pair of spaceships roaring overheard towards the

spaceport.  The man kissed Christa again to rebuild the moment. Suddenly, his body began to shake violently and all he could

hear in his ears was ringing.  Below them, the spaceport exploded as one of the ships fired at the fuel tanks.  The explosion

incinerated half of the port as the two spaceships fired down at the ships below them.  The man through Christa off of him and

raced down towards the spaceport. By the time he got there, the two ships had landed and the people on board had begun to

pillage the supply sheds and the other ships.  The man raced into what remained of the buildings.

"Mom!....Dad!"  He shouted repeatedly in desperation as he charged through the wreckage, avoiding the flames as best he could

as he made his way towards what was left of the control tower.  This station was opreated by his parents and in order to survive,

they had had to do business with various pirate and smuggling factions who preferred small out of the way locations to dock.  A

war between groups may cause them to target such spaceports in order to destroy their docking spaces.

The man raced around another corner only to bump right into three armed men.  Obviously they were part of the group who had

attached the base.  The men were strange looking, he noticed instantly that their eyes seemed very strange indeed.  Two of the

men trained their guns on him while the third one grabbed him and started to pull him towards one of the ships.  The man tried

to struggle and run but was rewarded with a blow to the head from the butt of one of the men's rifles.  All he saw before the

blow was the intense flames of the station.

"Aaaahhh!"  Afyon shouted as he woke up.  His armed flailed as he sat up.  He was sweating and breathing heavily.  Afyon tried

to compose himself and took a sip from the bottle only to find it empty.  "Dammit."  Afyon rose drunkedly from his seat and

staggered towards the exit.

Fifteen minutes later, he staggered into the squad area and headed immediately for the refreshed station.  After another fifteen

minutes of peeling off the rebel uniform and carefully adjusting his sling he showered and put on a fresh uniform.

***After the briefing***

Afyon made his way back towards the squad area to call a meeting.  He quickly informed the squad of their destination and gave

his congratulations to those who had been promoted for their excellence on the last mission.  The squad was about to head down

with an assault force to reinforce the imperial garrison and perform hit and fade raids on enemy forces.  It was perfect for the

squad who was quickly becoming experienced in infiltration and special operations tactics.  Afyon looked around at the men and

woman who had survived to date.  They had certainly changed since they had been assigned to him during the mission.  Afyon

also informed the squad that two more troopers had been assigned to them but would not be joining them for their assualt. 

Lonewolf was on tour with the rest of the Jedi while Cloud had been temporarily assigned elsewhere for the moment but would

be with them later.

Before ending the briefing, Afyon informed them of their equipment.  Everyone would be assigned an A280 Armor-Piercing Heavy

Blaster Rifle, a SSK-7 heavy blaster pistol, a combat knife, throwing knives, and as much ammunition as they could carry in their

packs in addition to several crates more to store once they landed.  In addition they were getting a couple of missle launchers,

grenades launchers, and concussion grenades.  Afyon suggested they take what personal gear they thought they might need but

since most had been assigned, to keep it to a minimum as they need to travel light.  He was going to bring a sniper rifle and

some non-weapon items that could be of use.

Afyon dismissed the squad and ordered them to report in combat gear in two hours so that they could put it and all the ammo

into their transport.  By that time, Rema would be ready to head into combat as well which Afyon was very happy before.  He

made his way down to sick bay to check on the status of his troopers.  He was also going to accept minor bacta treatment on his

shoulder in order to give him better use of it on this mission.  The ribs were still quite painful so he wanted to find some way to

ease the pain without affecting his mind.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/GSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

August 16, 2004 9:43:49 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
Caleb was silent frozen.. "Wow." He said as the pilot came out and said "Aint you guys ment to be going?" FA Replied "If our ride comes." The pilot nodded his head and crawled back into his seat. Caleb loaded his gun up and strapped some Thermal detonators on his belt. JR Looked around at Caleb and said "You sure you got enough Thermal detonators?" "Well FA said to pack heavy."Caleb replied, JR roled his eyes as he turned his head with a little laugh.

Caleb looked out the hatch and could see little dots getting bigger and bigger. Caleb got his Gun out when FA said "Relax.. Its just our ride."

-----------------------
-

"Beat me the heat"
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
August 16, 2004 10:10:32 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
As he unstrapped his belts, Lukas looked around at the others and how they were doing.

Caleb looked as if he had just seen a ghost, Fallen Angel and the others seemed to be fine.

Lukas got up and stretched out his arms and legs for a few brief moments.

He then picked up his gear and made his way out of the hatch and looked over his surroundings.

Fallen Angel and JR were right beside him, along with Caleb and FlyingKnight behind him a few feet away.

Everyone seemed to be fine from the drop.

Lukas went over his weapons and gear again, just to make sure he hadn't lost anything during the drop.

As he got done checking all of his things, he looked out over the horizon and saw little circles coming towards them.

He knew it was there ride because he had heard Fallen Angel say it was, to Caleb.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

August 16, 2004 10:35:06 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
Caleb sat on the top part of the hatch when FA poked his head out. "Well our ride is almost here." FA said.

Suddenly a huge creature jumped out of the water and went back in. Every one heard and looked out. "Awsome!" JR said as Caleb almost fell of the edge.

Everything would have been fine if Caleb's bag didnt slip, Fall down the hatch and hit Lukas in the head.

"Sorry!"

"No.. Problem....." Lukas said scratching his head and passing the bag back.

Every one went back inside but FA said to Caleb "Stay here and let us know when our ride arrives."

"Oh great!" Caleb said has he hung onto the hatch."

-----------------------
-

"Beat me the heat"
[This message has been edited by Caleb (edited August 16, 2004 10:39:08 PM)]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
August 16, 2004 11:57:51 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami picked up her A280 Armor-Piercing Rifle, and wiped a smudge from the barrel, "This is pretty."
Zafo rolled his eyes at her from across the other side of the room, "Pretty? Geezus Kami...we're not going on a damm parade."
Kami raised an eyebrow at the newly promoted Lance Corporal, "Well...someone's edgy..."
Zafo sighed irritably, then continued to triple check his equipment for the Dark Dragoon's next mission.

Hit and fade...Kami looked between her two hieb and stitch knives, and the two ceremonial Kuati daggers which lived permanently at her side. Shoving the army issue knives off the bed, Kami picked up the Kuati knives, sliding one finger across the encryption on the face of one of the curved blades as she did so...
Paige's blade...
Kami grimaced and forced the thought away with a slight shake of her head.
No matter where she was, or what she was doing, her sister always managed to get to her...

"Ready?" Zafo straightened and frowned at Kami.
Kami nodded, and edged slowly past Zafo to the door, her free hand up in a gesture of surrender. Zafo's frown deepened before he turned on his heel and stormed out the door towards the hanger.
Stifling a grin, Kami closed the door behind her and followed.

A few minutes later the duo arrived at the hanger to see Afyon already there, looking decidedly worse for wear. Smudges stained the area under his eyes, while his shoulders were hunched, as though the very effort of standing up was too much for him to bear.
He acknowledged his two troopers with a slight dip of his head, Kami catching the strong waft of alcohol as she passed him by to enter the shuttle. Throwing a concerned look at Zafo, the duo halted mid-step and glanced back at their squad leader.

"Sarge..." Kami dropped her extra equipment at her feet, "You orright?"
Afyon startled out a short-lived daze, "What?"
Kami took a step towards him, "Are you ok sir?"
Afyon cleared his throat, then forced himself up to his full height "I'm fine...get on board."
Kami hesitated, thought better of it, then turned and followed Zafo up the ramp into the shuttle.

"I don't like this..." Zafo dropped down in the seat next to Kami, forgetting to be grumpy in his unease.
Kami gripped the handle of one of her knives, "Me neither."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/PFC kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 17, 2004 12:01:26 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 17, 2004 8:46:12 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  1:  The Royal Barkalounger is only 3 years old.  2:  The Royal Barkalounger is a modified YT-2000 Corelian Transport, most of the modifications were done to increase speed, manueverability, and install the stealth gear.  So it has the traditional top bottom configuration for guns.  Originaly it was a Persuer class vessel but a warhead handling accident destroyed the ship and it was replaced with a brand new YT-2000.  None of the other ships of the VPDF had to be replaced.  /OOC]

The throttle was already to maximum.  He was wondering how the heck they had managed to get as far as they did and destroy so many fighters.  The Malignant was the modified Persuer class vessel that was designed to have multiple gun batteries on the order of scary, it was destroyed with the rest of his homeworld though.

Lances of green energy errupted from the Devestator chasing off the fighters.

Puliing hard up to give the top turret a clean shot on the incoming torpedo Kuroishi was rewarded with seeing it blink off the screens.

Blue lances of light danced toward Volsa's ship from the Devastator.

Kuroishi brought the Royal Barkalounger back into approach path and landed her in the hanger bay.

The troop transports lifted off.  Obviously his otherself wanted some answers.

"Let's sit back, relax, and take a couple minutes off.  We haven't recieved oour new orders yet.  It's logical to assume we are going to be sent back down there but no reason to have the Royal Barkalounger down there with us."  kuroishi said as he moved to the most comfortable command chair in the known universe.

The squad relaxed in the common area knowing they would probably be called back down to the surface before they could get to the Devastator's rec facilities.

A few minutes passed and one of the transports returned.

"That transport will have the priority prisoners on it.  If Volsa survived the fire fight she'll be on there.  Go on check it out Anubis."  Kuroishi said as he thought about what he would give to see Neeman even if she were in restraints and a prisoner of the VE.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 17, 2004 9:05:48 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
[OOC: Woops, my mistake, but Argon was talking about port and starboard guns and port is left and starboard is right...Oh well, we got it all cleared up so that's okay /OOC]

Anubis ran over to where stormtroopers were offloading the prisoners.  He saw several figures that appeared to be officers for the Nighthawks, then he saw her.  She was being carried on a hover-stretcher, and appeared to have been stunned.

Anubis followed the team that took her to the Medical Center of the Devastator.  While he should have been preping for the relaunch that was almost certain to come, Anubis couldn't leave her.  He sat on a chair next to her, and stroked one of her lekku.

She suddenly awoke, and began speaking a language that Anubis did not recognize.  "Por yasa vor ki!  Por yasa vor ki!"  She screamed.  Anubis yelled to a medic, and one along with a sedation droid entered and sedated her.

She fell like a rock, back into her slumber.  Anubis was scared, something had a control over her.  Something powerful had her under its grasp and wasn't willing to let go.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Afyon
ComNet Member

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
August 17, 2004 8:04:21 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon looked down at the gear he had packed.  He had chosen not to use some of the recommended equipment, instead going

with some more personalized gear that he was more comfortable and familiar with.  He had replaced the army issue knife with a

D'skar Dagger which was in a sheath clipped on the back of his belt.  He had modified the scope on the SSK-7 pistol as best he

could in a rush, it wasn't perfect but he'd be able to hit almost anything he wanted where he wanted at a decent range.  Afyon

slid the pistol into its holster and slung his A280 over his shoulder.  It made a loud clank as it struck one of the ammo cartridges

Afyon had on his belt.  He was carrying a spare cartridge for each gun on his belt this time and had two of the throwing knives

clipped in behind the cartridges.  He ordered a droid to bring his stormtrooper pack and a small bag of other items onboard and

then walked up the gangway.  Inside, he could see the squad stowing their packs under their seats and preparing for liftoff.  True

to their word, the army had given them quite a substantial amount of extra ammunition, grenades, and the two missile launchers

he had asked for.  Since there would be no resupply missions, they were going to have to make this last as long as possible. 

Afyon signed for the ammunition and thanked the supply officers.  Five minutes later, they were ready to launch.

"Alright everyone.  Once we get to the planet, we will be meeting with the local garrison to get an apprisal of the situation.  From

there we will be assigned various hit and fade operations.  We are essentially emptying the Dominion and because of

this, what we have in this ship is all that we are getting for ammunition.  We will have to be as careful as possible with the

ammo, shoot what you can hit and conserve ammo as best as possible."  Afyon ordered.  The squad nodded and looked back at

the crates of ammunition sitting there.  Some had a mild look of concern on their face.  Imperial soldiers rarely had a lack of

ammunition so conservation was going to be key.  The fortunate thing for the Dragoons was that ever since this campaign

started, they had been on restricted ammunition so this wasn't going to be something new.  After getting the rest of their gear

set, the squad sat down on the benches running down the long sides of the transport.  Afyon leaned back, helmet in his lap, and

tried to doze off.  He hadn't slept since they had returned from the last mission.

The flames turned to black and what seemed like an instant later, the man woke up, blinking his eyes to end the blurry vision. 

What he could see through his blurry, watery eyes was a mixture of grey and white walls.  In the middle of his line of sight he

could see a man starring over him.  The man tried to get a better look at the person standing over him but he couldn't regain his

sight.  His brain felt slow and cloudy, as if he had been drugged somehow.

"He's finally coming to."  The man standing over him said.  "Now we finally get to see if this method of yours works master."  He

said as he turned his head towards a man in the shadows.  The man in the shadows walked forward slowly. He was wearing

black and green robes and his face was covered by the black hood that was pulled down far over his head.

"He is the strongest subject yet that we will test this on."  The cloaked man said in a low menacing voice.  "He will prove whether or not our theory truly works.  This will be our ultimate triumph."  He stated confidently.  The man turned and walked out of sight.  The man in the chair tried desperately to clear his eyes so he could see what was going on around him.  He couldn't hear a word the man said, his mind didn't seem to comprehend anything his sense told him.  Suddenly, he heard a thunderous voice within his mind.  "Corran, your mind is mine. As I am speaking to you now, your memory, conscious, and heritage are being burned out of you.  Feel the fire in your mind, soon you will be my servant."  Corran felt as if his head was going to explode.  All he could see was flames and all he could feel was a burning fire in his body.  Suddenly, the image turned from the flames to a man dressed in brown robes.  "Your grandfather's power is strong in you, but even his power and his desire to do good are not able to avoid my power."  The voice bellowed.  The image of the man expanded and then suddenly a man dressed in black robes fell from the sky, slicing the image of Corran's grandfather in two.

"Noo!"  Afyon shouted as he burst awake from the dream.  He flailed around for a moment and looked around, desperately searching for the black robed man in his dream.  After a moment, his mind cleared and he saw the squad looking at him.  There were puzzled and concerned looks on their faces.  Afyon felt sweat dripping from his face and he saw his hand was shaking.  He took a couple of deep breaths and then motionned for some water.  Kami reached down and pulled Afyon's water cannister from the the slot it occupied on the side of his pack and gave it to him.  Afyon's hand shook as he tried to open it but after a few more deep breaths, he musterered enough steadiness to open the cannister and take a long drink.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/GSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

August 17, 2004 8:29:02 PM    View the profile of Caleb 
It was about the 1st hour from when they landed and Caleb was already more soaked then he could handle.

FA came out from the hatch and saw the rips of the waves. It looked like they were having some problems with the tide.

Then FA looked at Caleb, He looked like a water monster.

He handed some water to him. "Thanks." Caleb said as he gulped it down.

"You can come in now. It looks like our ride will be having some delays." FA said.

When Caleb got back inside every one was either asleep or playing cards.

Caleb looked around and there wasnt many peaple there. "Is the Raiders going to be doing this on its own?" Caleb asked.

"No, That would be irresponsible." FA replied.

"Good." Caleb said trying to be serios.

-----------------------
-

"Beat me the heat"
[This message has been edited by Caleb (edited August 17, 2004 8:32:33 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

August 18, 2004 12:04:34 AM    View the profile of Fury 
The Dominion groaned as it changed position and direction.  Theoretically, this was endangering the drop process, but so was sticking around in the same place and letting a load of mines land in the hangar bays.

The inertial dampeners were pretty much written off for lost on the port side of the craft.  Unfortunately, this was where Fury's cabin was.  The royal guardsmen were already waiting for him, eerily knowing his next move despite not being on the bridge.  Jedi, frankly, just freaked him out.

"This is an unwise move," began the more vocal one.

"So is standing here debating me and losing," he counted and went into his quarters.  Aside from his usual gear bag he took everywhere with him was a spacer's chest he hadn't needed for well over a year.  Thankfully, he'd been keeping in shape while sparring with the guards.  The armor he'd been given for the efforts in helping capture the Dominion and Scythe was still freshly GLEEN!ed and fully serviced.  Behind him, the guardsmen shed their robes and donned the more battle-ready version of their Crimson Guard helmets.  As Fury donned his armor, he exited the 'fresher and was handed a modified A-280 and a flechette pistol.  "Figured you'd want something familiar General."

"You guys think of everything."  He noticed their shorted force lances.  "I assume you planned this ahead of time?"

"Always ready sir." spoke the oft-silent one.  He was quiet but direct.  Fury called him Bob.

"Let's move" he cautioned as another series of blasts rocked the ship.  As there was nowhere to evacuate to, the corridors were clear to the hangar.  Whoever was on duty was trying to keep the ship together, the rest gathered as damage control teams. 

The hangar itelf was utter chaos.  Departing dropships were filled without regard to unit cohesion.  File in the adequate number of bodies, then launch.  He panned the hangar looking for the most forlorn group of confused soldiers available.  And found them.

"Drill squad! Form up, we're getting off this tin can!"  With two guardsmen leading the way and a red armored stormtrooper, it took little time to get the green troopers and themselves onto a fairly scarred MT/191 dropship.  Fury gave a quizzical look at the hangar master?  "Some of these are left over from Fresia sir."  He only nodded and patted the side of the craft. The fun was just getting started.

The craft took only minutes to be jettisoned from the star destroyer; it's vertical drop assisted by a reverse tractor beam sling from the damaged vessel.  With so many craft falling to ground, most came through unscathed.  However, he knew that only 85% had landed without incident thus far.  This craft was not to be among that number.

A mine went off near the upper part of the craft.  Shrapnel peppered the interior of the craft.  PFCs Alwook and Kliest were basically decapitated.  PVT Hitman took a torso hit and was severed in half.  As the rest of Drill panicked, Fury and the guardsmen concentrated on not being sucked out of the craft, much like PFC Krepar was doing at the moment as his restraints gave out.  Luckily he was able to hold on until the very, very hard landing moments later. Then he was launched out into the water.

"HEAD COUNT!"  Boro82, Zantaku, FurlessWookie, Scampers, Rocky Rock, Trooper X, and Dark Angel chimed in.  Krepar was fished out of the abyss by locals who met their dropship with a small outrigger boat that had probably seen much better days once.

With their charges safely aboard, Fury and the guardsmen climbed onto the craft and let the dropship take on water as it carried their dead to a deep grave.  Their armor was stripped for later use and their personal ID chips were in a capsule on Fury's armor for later proof of their demise.  Best not to concern himself with that just yet.  The mission hadn't even started.

-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:34:05 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 80  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >