Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  157
Total Posts:  635
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
November 22, 2004 3:56:03 PM    View the profile of Squall 
After finishing diabling the rest of the AA turrets through the electronical system, the 3 RAIDERS met up with their second team.  Once they were all together, the signal for the clonetroopers arrival had come.  The RAIDERS made their way to the shoreline at the water edge of the island to meet the clonetroopers.

Squall looked into the sky to see the transports moving in.  They were large, and old.  Like the ones from the clone wars.  Once the transports landed, they unloaded their troops, and the clone troopers came jogging up in their ancient armor, to assist in the take over of the city.

All of the troops made their way back to the RAIDERS base for their orders from Phoenix or Cyanus. Everyone was silent as they waited for the orders....

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Raider Squad
- Trooper 8 -
"Faithful To The End"
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
------------------------------------------------------------
"100 percent of us die, and that percentage cannot be increased." -C.J. Lewis
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited November 23, 2004 4:53:43 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  819
Total Posts:  981
November 22, 2004 8:40:58 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon loaded the final ammunition case into his armoured speeder and closed the doors over the cargo hold.  He dropped his pack up front near his seat and climbed into the speeder.  Standing in his seat, he shouted to the squad over the roar of the engines of the DD's vehicles.

"Alright, those of you driving the speeders keep yourselves in sight of the walkers.  We will be doing some scouting on our approach to prevent the rebels from flanking us.  When we get to the fueling station, we will fuel one at a time as the others keep watch.  Keep together and keep alert, engage all rebel scouts but don't get out of position.  Stay in sight of the walkers!"  Afyon ordered.  The squad waved hands of acknowledgement and quickly began climbing into their vehicles.  Afyon put on his helmet and sat down in the speeder.  A moment later he led the squad out, driving slowly through the base and gunning the engine when he reached the main road.  They had three hours of darkness left and they needed to reach the city before then.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  421
Total Posts:  1884
November 23, 2004 2:30:59 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami kept her eyes to either side of the speeder, blinking aginst the crisp Bestine night air as it whipped along her face, sending her red streaked hair whipping free about her shoulders.
"Little paranoid Kam?" Rema called over his shoulder as he took the speeder through a series of tight corners, following in Afyon's trail of dust.
"Yeah..." Kami watched the dancing shadows on the side of the road with rising trepidation in her chest, "I just...have a bad feeling..."
"About the mission?"
Kami shook her head, "No, never mind. It's just me being edgy."
Rema glanced at her, concern visible in his eyes despite the darkness, "I wouldn't be too surprised Kam, you took quite a beating back there."
Kami shrugged her ASL's concern off with a small smile, "It'll take a lot more than a few pissed off Rebels to kill me Sarge."
Rema grinned back, but his eyes lingered on Kami a few seconds longer before he turned his attention back to the road.

Forcing herself to relax slightly, Kami looked behind her to the strange hulky shape of Sam's AT-ST, which plonked slowly but steadily after the more nimble speeder.

The comm clipped to Kami's shoulder let out a burst of static, followed by Afyon's voice "Alright Dragoonies, we're nearly at the refueling station. Stay alert, stay on your guns. Zafo, Sam, I want you two to hang back and cover the speeders while we refuel. Once we're done, you go in one at a time."
A single dot of light appeared on the horizon.
"That's the station up ahead, "Afyon continued, "I'm not sure that we'll be the only customers...depends on the prices I guess..."
Rema snorted before flipping his comm switch, "I like free fuel, so I'm guessing the Rebs will too."
There was a slight pause, before Afyon spoke again, "Heads up Dragoons, we have incoming."

Kami looked about the bulk of the rear gun towards where Afyon and TK led the convoy. The two shady shapes of the speeders and the larger block of Zafo's AT-ST were maneuvering to either side of the dirt road, turrets turned towards an incoming dust cloud.
Glancing up towards the brightening sky, Kami grimaced in Rema's direction, "Lets hope that's not a titan...we're running out of time..."
Rema grimaced back, "If it's a titan, I say we're majorly screwed, and we should just head on back to that bar and keep on drinking till lunch."
Kami flicked a few switches, brining the rear gun to life in her hands, "Duty before lunch Remmy."
Rema groaned, stepping down on the accelerator to close the distance between Afyon and their speeder, "Well...lets just hope its not a titan..."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
ASL/SGT kaMi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 23, 2004 2:35:47 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1632
Total Posts:  2689
November 23, 2004 12:49:26 AM    View the profile of Fury 
"Haden, give me nine of your best troops and I'll flush out this pocket of resistance.  You stay with the rest and guard the prisoners and the camp.  Keep the comms jammed on all Imperial circuits.  We'll use your Republic gear to keep in touch.  Talk to you after we have completed the mission."

The prisoner issue had come to a head.  A few holdouts had heavily fortified themselves in a steel mill and had successfully held their own despite repeated artillery and aerial attack.  The mass of local Imperial bodies around the compound spoke of their tenacity against ground assault as well.

The problem was simple.  They were willing to surrender, but not to the local forces.  The local forces, however, were not going to let Fury and the clone army take their kill from them.  It was now time for tough love.

Of the thirty or so clone commandos based on Bestine IV, three had been assigned to this mission.  Fury gave them sweep and clear orders and off they went.  The other six were placed into two man gun teams and given E-webs to eliminate any strays. 

Fury went in at an angle adjacent to the individual commandos.  Their Katarn armor was at least the equal of his and each of the four men's job was to flush out the rogue Imperials to be gunned down by the gun crews. 

Comms were silent except for the radio checks of the gun crews.  The jamming was keeping the rest of the planet oblivious to this horrible, but necessary, mission. 

He found his first set of former allies cooking a meal in the hollow of a home.  Not sensing a need to guard their rear, he easily dispatched the six men with a vibroblade and his silenced blaster.  Moving on, he was forced to move to the rifle once one of the commandos was discovered.  This made the work speedier, but more potentially dangerous. 

Past the encampments, where he could dispatch groups of sleeping troops with a simple grenade placement, he was along the lines, fighting man-to-man, fire pit to fire pit.  Thankfully few of the troops had functioning helmet optics, leaving him able to lay down smoke and fire at anything popping up on his thermal display and low-light setting.

The butcher's bill was high; hundreds of allies who had chosen to escalate the war too far were erased from the equation.  In the end, all that was left was for he and the commandos to dispatch the wounded.  None could live from the massacre.

When they were done, they checked each other's armor and bound the wounded leg of one of the commandos.  Looking up, they saw the entire group of New Republic holdouts heading for them carefully.  A major came up to his and offered up his pistol.  "I cannot imagine what it took for you to do what you did, but I thank you.  My forces and I are at you disposal sir.

"To my knowledge we are all the opposition left in this sector.  You have control of the battlefield and, if it means anything, my highest regards for your humane practice of war." 

"Wars are fought over disagreements, not as excuses for atrocities under law.  The Empire I know will never condone such a thing.  These men refused to heed that.  Major, your men have nothing more to fear from us.  Stand down and we will get you some hot food and a place to sleep.  Your war is over."

Fury motioned the six gunners to guard the two hundred or so prisoners until Haden could send transport for them.  It was a repulsive duty, but one he was glad over.  All but the removing of the evidence, and the clones were beginning to build the bonfires to do just that.

He was definitely ready to get off this rock.

[OOC] For clarification, this is where I wrap up fighting through the sector I had with the main thrust of the clone forces.  Other than jumping into any mop-up you guys may have, that is.  Most of you still have missions to complete, enemy to fight, and allies that may not have been as blood-thirsty as those I had to deal with. 

To make it clear, the fight goes on where you are.  Wrap it up as cleanly as possible.  I apologize for any confusion. Carry on. [/OOC]
  -----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 23, 2004 8:03:59 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  138
Total Posts:  199
November 23, 2004 6:06:48 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis ran towards the dark figure, vibroblade in hand, ready to strike.  He lunged towards his target, but was grabbed by the arm and swung to the ground.  The figure continued to look at him for several more moments before vanishing.

Anubis looked around, finding himself back home.  He walked around, seeing it in the same condition as he saw it in the dream some time ago.  There was something different this time though.  It was light outside when before it had been during the night.

Anubis walked outside to see the Corellian Sun shining.  The outside was ill-maintained, but in a way that was beautiful.  Anubis walked around then came across a speeder.  It was of a unique design, one that he had never seen on Corellia, and only a few times on remote planets.

Anubis continued walking when he saw a figure ahead.  The glare from the sun was too bright to make out the figure, so Anubis approached closer.  As he approached, he began to make out the green texture and lekku that he knew he would never forget. Vosla!

Anubis now ran towards the figure, and when he got less than a meter away, she turned around.  Looking into Vosla's dark green eyes, Anubis was stunned at the sight.  Then something happened.  The Dark Figure appeared again, and this time attacked Vosla.  Vosla screamed in agony and then...

Anubis awoke lying in a cold sweat.  His dream was a vivid one, and now he knew he had to return to Corellia.  It was time he get up and talk to Kuroishi about either going to Corellia alone, or maybe with the squad.  Either way, he was going to Corellia, with or without the best wishes of the Empire.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1129
Total Posts:  3342
November 25, 2004 2:57:43 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Kicking in the front door and dropping his gear like a dead body, Rizzit slumped to the floor, thoroughly exhausted. They had been on mission after mission for as long as he could remember. He had shed more blood during this phase of the campaign than any other missionhe had ever been on.

And he was just plain tired...

FlyingKnight, JR, Squall, Snipes, and Lukas each arrived in turn, and each feeling the exact same way. Flying Knight, still the de facto medic of the squad, tended to the various injuries, as Lukas went to prepare the last of their food supply into a decent hot meal.

Now, Lukas wasn't a great cook, and what he had to work with consisted mainly of ration bars and almost rotten food, but his time in special ops, deep inside enemy lines, laying motionless in a field of dead bodies for days, taught him one thing: Be thankful for what you have.

In a few minutes he had managed to create the first hot meal the Raiders had enjoyed in weeks. No one complained that the food was tasteless. No one bickered over the left overs. No one spoke. They just sat there, in a circle, eating and looking at each other.

Nothing had prepared them for this. No training or simulations could have. The blood of their victims ran like a river through the streets, and they all knew that Bestine IV would haunt their dreams forever.

Rizzit looked over the squad, making eye contact with each trooper. He saw the weariness; He saw the fatigue; He saw their fighting spirits worn down to nothing. He knew what he had to do.

"FK," He said slowly. The Sergeants head rose slightly. "Get everyone up. As Platoon Commander of the Vast Empire, I am hereby ordering us back to Jahnae Camp."

If the Raiders had any strength left to cheer, they would have.

*                                      *                                        *

Making their way out of the city proved to be easier than Rizzit would have thought. All local resistance had seemed to disappear, although Rizzit had been in enough planetary conquests to know that fighting would continue for years. Resistance fighters would resort to acts of terrorism, and countless more lives would be lost trying to secure what they had succeded in taking.

The boats were right where they left them, cleverly concealed under a small outcropping. "We're all going in one boat this time." Rizzit said. "Once we're back to Jahnae, see if you cant scrounge up some supplies. I'll talk to Fury and get us back to the Dominion."

The Raiders nodded a silent acknowledgement. then they loaded the boats and were on their way...

[OOC: Try to make this quick. Maybe run into a little resistance, but just get back to the camp /OOC]

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  635
November 26, 2004 12:12:48 AM    View the profile of Squall 
  As the boats went along, the Raiders took time to relax.  All of them were thinkin about what they would do when they got back to the Dominion.  Squall pondered to himself, and came up with one good idea.  Sleep.  The same thing went through all of the other RAIDER's minds.

A few moments later, Rizzit spotted something.  It was two fighters, closing in fast.  They were coming strait for the boats.

"They are coming right for us!" yelled Rizzit.  "Everyone take cover!"

All of the men scrambeled around to find their weapons, falling around, and stumbling everywhere.  Squall ran to one of the turrets on the boat, and took aim at the fighters.  It was 2 y-wings.  They must have broken away from their fighter patrol, and found the boats trying to escape.  Squall unloaded blaster fire right into the first fighter.  It began to loose contol, and started spinning.  SPLASH... It landed right into the water, sending a wave at the boat, soaking the raiders on Squall's boat.  Squall took at shot at the other fighter, but it was manuvering too well.  He continued to shoot, while the other raiders were still looking for weapons to use on the last fighter.  Rizzit picked up his blaster rifle, and just started shooting at the fighter.  The other raiders did the samel, trying to take out the stealthy fighter.  The fighter whipped around, and was going to make another run at the boats.  Just then, it shattered into the air, splitting into little pieces, and scattering everywhere.  It was AA fire from Jahne Camp.

"Thank god for those guys coming to our rescue," said Rizzit.  " I didn't think we were going to make it.

-----------------------
- Squall Lionheart
- Lance Corporal -
- Raider Squad
-
"Faithful To The End"
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
SM/LCPL/Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]
------------------------------------------------------------
"100 percent of us die, and that percentage cannot be increased." -C.J. Lewis

[edit: requested removal]
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited November 26, 2004 12:16:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited November 26, 2004 4:27:10 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1635
November 29, 2004 1:28:48 AM    View the profile of Fury 
He had decided to take Haden with him.  Getting him off Bestine IV, if just for a visit to the Dominion, was the least he could do for the clone leader who had turned the tide of this conflict.

The anti-mine operations were well on their way to clearing the atmosphere.  With the New Republic operations destroyed and the Imperial factories shut down, all that was left was for hunter droids to eliminate those remaining.  It would rain metal fire for weeks to come, but the job was getting done.

In space, the going was even smoother.  Channels through the remaining orbital mines were established and the route to the old orbital shipyard facility was clear.  The good news ended as they sighted the Dominion.  Much of the outer hull plating was composed of thin replacement plates along the port side and the superstructure was not much more intact. 

"Had a bit of trouble, did ya?" asked Haden a bit too humorously.

"Yeah, the damn mines.  That's okay though because this Victory never quite got the full FRAM treatment.  I hope to rectify that with this refit."

"FRAM?"

"Oh yeah.  Except for some Outer Rim security details and the Corporate Sector, most Victory's got upgraded in something called the Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization program.  Better engines, weapons, and hull plating.  As you can see, we never got the hull plating part of the upgrades.  At least we'll get that taken care of."

The boarded the ship, only to find that the exterior was the only remaining scars left aboard the craft.  Captain Elith ran a tight ship and had even returned his credit chip with more credits on it than he had expected.  Maybe the excess would cover a nice coat of paint.

They walked with the freshly minted captain (the navy had bothered to listen to his request after all) as she detailed the repairs.  We have new navigation and comm systems, damage control is no longer vintage Clone Wars gear, and of course we've totally scrapped some quad laser turrets for ion cannon now that we have a powerplant that can handle them.

"It wasn't easy to do that from out here, but whoever you've got running your transports seem to know what they are doing." Fury had already seen the Vigilance-class cruisers on his way in and knew that the engineers on Serek had mastered the skills taught to them by the Empire.  The Thilidian sector would likely be unfamiliar to him when next he visited.

"Thank you Captain.  What's next?"

"Whenever you are ready, we'll return to Moorja at least.  I believe Yag'Dhul would let us drydock the ship for the hull plate repairs but I don't imagine they'd like it.  I'll probably move the ship further back into our systems."

"Don't bother dropping us off.  We'll split the difference with Timms and the other regulars to mop up Bestine and reinforce Moorja.  We'll take a ride back to Tadath if it's all the same to you."

"Just wrap up your business and we'll be on our way." 

The captain left the two soldiers in the conference room, with a full view of local space to keep them company.  "We can stay as long as you want Haden," said Fury after a few moments.

"Seen enough damn stars and planets to last a lifetime.  Get me back to my farm and we'll call it even.  Thanks for allowing an old soldier to relive some memories though.  Not to mention live through the experience.  It's been fun General, but it's time to get back to retiring."

"Fair enough Major.  I'll get the shuttle ready for us."
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 29, 2004 8:01:11 AM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1142
Total Posts:  3342
November 29, 2004 2:37:42 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Water rushed underneath Phoenix as he sped alongside Darkhawk. The Sith Warrior was doing most of the work, piping Force energy through the young knight. It was an exhilierating feeling, screaming through the air with no machine assistance, and was something Phoenix had never before experienced. Granted, he would rather have been doing it of his own accord, but necessity gets the better part of valor.

Water was replaced by land, and it was only from this height that Phoenix could begin to see the damage done to the planet. The land was scorched in countless places. Craters marked where artillery had exploded and vehicles crashed. The two Sith blasted over a battlefield, the dead of which still lay strewn across the ground.

To anyone not Force sensitive, all of this would seem trivial...but not to Phoenix. He hated sympathizing with life, drawing his power from raw emotion and anger instead of the world around him, but it was all interconnected, and as he was tapping into the Force, he felt the pain of the planet. His body felt on fire as they flew over scorched plains, and his limbs felt shattered as they passed by forests splintered and burned by laser fire.

This planet is doomed Darkhawk sent to him through the Force. The endless years of battle and death have taken its toll. The Force is weak here. We need to leave

Phoenix didn't reply, as Jahnae Camp appeared on the horizon. Soon the Imperial base came within sight, and what a sight it was.

The area surrounding the camp was filled with troopers wearing what looked like Clone Wars era armor. From the docks the sweet scent of blood wafted through the air as the wounded came pouring in from battlefields unknown. Screams carried through the air, but fell upon deaf ears, as Phoenix heard their screams louder through the Force. The minds of the wounded flashed to childhood memories and thoughts of loved ones.

Phoenix's mind drifted towards such memories, only to find an empty void. I can't get away from it...who exactly am I? He was Phoenix. There were memories he inherited from his abduction of Jikkyo's body, but they weren't his. Who am I?

Forcing his mind to refocus, Phoenix found himself standing on the ground near the Jahnae Camp command post. Confused, he whirled around to face the armored form of Darkhawk touching down behind him.

"Next time try to stay focused Phoenix." The Dark Lord said, "Or I'll just let you drop instead of landing you."

Without waiting for a reply, Darkhawk walked away to destinations unknown. Phoenix was left only to wonder why the Dark Lord kept himself so secluded and sealed off from the rest of the Order.

The half thought of taking off after Darkhawk passed through Phoenix's mind, but was suddenly replaced by a dark presence stopping him dead in his tracks. Phoenix, you must rejoin your squad. I have sensed a potential there, a Force sensitive. Seek him out and bring him to me.

Yes Master Talon The Sith Knight replied. Wishing he had his brown cloak, which he left behind on the Griffen, Phoenix stepped off the street and into the shadows. Closing his eyes, he stretched out through the Force and tried to get a sense of where his squad was. His presence touched many minds, some familiar, some not, all never knowing he was there.

Pushing out further, he touched breifly the determined mind of High General Fury. The Army Prefect was on his way down from the Dominion and seemed in a less than perfect mood, yet satisfied with something.

As Phoenix was reaching the limits of his senses, his mind's eye found a presence shining just a little bright than the others. Contracting his sphere of influence into a straight line, Phoenix focused on the presence in the Force.

Flying Knight

Phoenix smiled as Jikkyo's memories of the young sergeant whipped through his mind. Energetic, eager and ambitious, he would make an excellent trainee. Expanding the line ever so slightly to make a wedge, Phoenix discovered the Raiders to be at the camp's docks, unloading the meager supplies they got back.

That's when he sensed it. A second presence appeared to his mind's eye.

Rizzit? Surprise washed over him as he sensed the potential in the man Jikkyo had known for so long. From Rizzit and all the other Raiders he sensed fatigue. A weariness to deep that it radiated off them like light from a supernova.

The docks lay almost a kilometer from where he stood, so Phoenix started off at a brisk pace, keeping his mind locked on FK and Rizzit to track their movements. It was somewhat a difficult task, as he had to walk with his eyes open to avoid the many inanimate objects in his path.

He reached the docks in short order, approaching the squad from the shadows. They were all there, and he recognized each and every one of them. Yet he felt strangely detached. He could remember sharing drinks with all of them, laughing after missions, mourning at the death of squad members, yet there were no emotions attached to them. It was like viewing a slideshow, yet having no reaction to the images.

"Is that them?" A voice said from behind Phoenix.

Whirling around, Phoenix found Cyanus standing behind him. "How did you.." he started, but Phoenix already understood. He was focusing so much in front of him, that Cyanus was able to approach him undetected.

Composing himself, Phoenix continued, "When did you get here?"

"I just flew in. I felt the presence in the Force as well and decided to check it out. So is that our squad?" Cyanus asked.

"Yeah. You don't remember any of them?"

"Not a one."

"Well the tall one there is Snipes. The one unloading crates is JR. The guy standing by himself taking apart his rifle is Lukas, andthe guy at the computer is Flying Knight, our Force sensitive."

Cyanus closed his eyes briefly, and Phoenix sensed him projecting himself through the Force.

"Yep, he sure is...but I just caught a hint of a second one.."

"That would be Rizzit." Phoenix replied. "He's the guy over there arguing with the Remnant commander. I'm going to talk to FK. You talk to Rizzit."

Cyanus nodded in acknowledgement, then faded into the shadows and approached the Platoon Commander and acting Raiders Squad Leader.

Emerging from the shadows just to the left of Snipes, the sergeant almost fainted. From seemingly nowhere, his SL just materialized.

"F-F-FA?" Snipes stammered causing the other Raiders' heads to turn.

"Not anymore Snipes." Phoenix replied, "I need to have a word with FK here, so if you'll all excuse us." Nodding towards the Raiders' resident slicer, Phoenix moved back into the shadows he came from. The sounds of the rest of the squad teasing Snipes faded as FK stepped into the street.

"FK. This may sound a bit strange, but you're going to have to come with me...right now." Phoenix started.

Fk blinked twice, "Well you've got one thing right boss, it does sound strange. Where are we going?"

"FK, you have been chosen as a potential recruit of the Dark Jedi Order. Grand Master Talon requested I come here and inform you, that you have the gift. You are Force sensitive. By his orders I am to take you to him, from there what happens is up to him."

The sergeant stared at him in a mixed expression of disbelief, excitement, wonderment and nervousness.

"Go back and get your gear. Today you are put on the path. Soon you will take your first steps. Oh, and you cannot tell anyone where you are going. Just explain you are coming with me."

FK nodded and rushed back to get his gear. Through the Force Phoenix sensed the kids enthusiasm mixed with the black taint of fear. Reminds me of when I first was discovered...Or does it?

[OOC: This was double posted on the DJO storyline and the Army storyline to give record to both divisions of when this happens /OOC]

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1638
December 1, 2004 12:38:32 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Back groundside, Fury left Haden to return to his island and begin hammering out their zone of control.  He'd played folksy politician for so long he was already gaining concessions from the local Imperials who had no idea how to do anything but shoot at adversaries.  Hopefully they didn't resort to that skill once they realized they just gave the planet over to some geriatric clones. 

Fury watched as a monstrous construction droid was being assembled at Jahnae Camp.  It was one of the very, very large variety that chewed up entire city blocks at a time, recycled what materials it could, and constructed according to a preset plan.  A million such droids maintained Coruscant.  A couple of these on this rock would restore much of the urban areas in a month or so given the proper planning.  Which was another thing for him to check with the VE engineers about.

He headed off to the medical tent farm and visited with a few troops.  Some were VE regulars attached to Timm's outfit, others were clones he had learned to know through the fight here.  The former wanted off the planet and back onto the Merciless; the latter wished to go home to their island.  Both groups wanted cleaner, more efficient medical facilities than their hosts could provide.  It was going to take a long time to rehabilitate these people, no matter how nice their homes were rebuilt.  Living in caves and trenches for a decade bred some goddawful personal habits.  Out of uniform, they only looked more ragtag than ever.

As it was, he was still having a hard time relating to his allies since having to put down so many murderous savages on the field. 

Sighing, he walked out of the medical center and promptly stopped and looked to his right.  There was a red armored figure looking straight at him, though favoring one side.

"Are you alive?" he asked.  All he got was a nod.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" A shrug.

"You're not gonna try to kill me are you?"  A shake of the helmet.

"Thanks for saving my ass back there."  Another nod.

"Think you can keep up?" Quickly, a force pike lashed out within inches of his helmet.

"Guess so.  Welcome back Bob."  One final nod.

Fury walked back to the motor pool hoping to secure some form of ground transport.  Presently, a Royal Guardsman gingerly moved after him, carefully scanning the surrounding structures and beings for any threat.
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited December 1, 2004 12:40:27 AM)]
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  438
Total Posts:  1884
December 1, 2004 3:55:54 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Rema floored the accelerator, sending the speeder hurtling towards the dust cloud.
"Ready back there?" He yelled over the roar of the engine, his eyes focused on the road.
Kami grabbed onto the controls of the rear gun, spinning it around so it faced the front of the speeder.  A grin tugged at the corners of her mouth, "Sit up a little higher Remmy and I'll blow your head clear."
She laughed as Rema ducked closer to the speeder's controls, then turned her attention back to the growing dust cloud where Zafo, TK, Gio and Art has disappeared completely from view.
"Stay back Sammy" Kami told the Corporol through her comlink, "We'll go in." A double click of acknowledgement answered her, Sam's AT-ST slowing down to a slow clunk behind them.
"Dammit" Rema shouted as they reached the edge of the cloud, "I can see jack all."
The speeder jumped as it hit a hidden obstacle, then suddenly skewed side wards.
Rema let out a string of swear words, and yanked at the controls, only to hit another obstacle. The speeder let out a moan as it flew several meters in the air, before it slammed back down to the earth, its nose sending up a wave of dirt. Blinded, Kami felt herself lift clear from the speeder and into the air. She hit the ground hard, rolling a few meters to land in a heap at a pair of gleaming white feet. Her knives flew into her hands, stopping only at the sound of a dozen rifles being loaded.
She froze, her heart pounding in her chest.

Not again...please not again...

Kami lifted her eyes, following the gleaming feet to a chest plate, and a stormtrooper helmet.
The air rushed back into Kami's lungs as relief flooded through her.
"Corporal Kami Sharpe, Dark Dragoons," She managed, before coughing up a mouthful of dust.
The rifles about her lowered, the stormtrooper in front of her latching onto her arm to help pull her to her feet.
"Sorry Corporal our mistake."
Kami opened her mouth to answer, only to double over again.

"Kami!"
She glanced up in time to see Zafo emerge from the dissipating dust cloud, "Hey! Are you ok?" He jogged over, nodding to the nearby troopers "These guys have done the job for us. They've got the city under control."
He gestured wildly behind him, "There's a whole convoy of speeders back there. Rema hit one of the speeders head on! He's a bloody psycho!"
Kami rolled her eyes, typical...
"Is he alright?"
Zafo grinned, "Yeah, but the speeder ain't"

As if on cue, Rema stumbled in from her right, "It'll be fine...might need a new paint job...doors..."
Zafo giggled, "And you thought I was the crazy drunk one!"
Rema and Kami looked at each, eyebrows raised as Zafo turned to stumble back to his AT-ST.
"Where to now?" Kami asked her ASL.
"Back to Jahnae..." A grin of pure joy spread over Rema's face, "And our drinks."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
ASL/SGT kaMi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 1, 2004 6:51:55 PM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  1684
Total Posts:  2417
December 1, 2004 4:46:54 AM    View the profile of Talon 
Darkhawk and Talon continued on in silence.  There was little to say.  As they neared the location of the Force-sensitive, Talon reached out with his mind and located the individual.  Digging into recently formed memories, he came up with a name: Kami.  The two armored warriors reached a large tent and Darkhawk yanked a flap back, allowing Talon to enter first.

Talon waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness before stepping into the tent.  He heard a rustle as everyone jumped to their feet.  'Aww, hell.  I forgot about that.'  He could finally see who he would later find out to be the Dark Dragoons.

A man bearing the markings of Squad Leader stepped forward and saluted Talon.  "Sergeant First Class Afyon, sir.  How may I help you?" he said with an obvious air of confidence, despite his battle fatigue.  It was obvious in everyone's eyes that they were tired.. the kind of tired one night could not fix.

Talon returned the salute briskly, silently cursing the fact that he had worn his rank bar on his Guard armor.  Taking a quick sweep of the room, he saw the one he was looking for.  Pointing to her, Talon said, "Sergeant, please come with me."

A brief look of confusion crossed Kami's face before she stepped forward.  "Sir?" she questioned, saluting as she approached.  If the Surface Marshal had seen the salute, he ignored it as he was turning to leave.  The tent flap opened before him as Darkhawk yanked it aside from the outside again.

The three walked far away from the tent, aiming for the nearby coast.  Talon turned and examined Kami silently.  He hadn't heard of her before, but that was to be expected as he grew farther from his ties to the Stormtrooper Corps.  The young woman looked a bit nervous as she counted out the squares on Talon's rank bar and sorted it in her head.  As she seemed to finish, Talon spoke.  "Sergeant Kami," she stiffened to attention, "relax, please.  How do you feel about the power to control and destroy people?"

Kami's brow creased as she thought.  The fresh tattoo above her eye shifted in the effort.  "Is this a trick question, sir?" she inquired cautiously.

Talon's emotionless face stared back at her.  "No." he answered.  "It's an honest question.  If you were offered the gift of the Force.. the Dark Side.. would you accept it?"

Surprise showed across Kami's face as she interpreted the answer.  She exchanged glances between Talon and Darkhawk.  The Dark Lord had been silent the entire time, and his helmet always had a habit of unnerving people that weren't accustomed to it.  Finally finished her pondering, Kami turned back to Talon and replied, "I would."

Talon turned and started away, toward the center of Janae Camp.  'Follow.' he simply said, sending the message to the new recruit telepathically.

Vire D'sok's body floated up the ramp of the VSD-II Griffen's landing shuttle.  The medics in Janae Camp had been kind enough to provide a body bag with chemicals to effectively suck the air out of the bag.  It would do a good enough job of preserving him until they could get to Lopen.  Behind him, Dark Jedi Knight Lonewolf limped his way up the ramp and secured himself to the nearest seat.  Between the medics' bacta and his own work with healing through the Force, Lonewolf was able to move around without the aid of a crutch.  The rest of the Dark Jedi Order present, mostly moving in a massive group climbed the ramp and found seats of their own.

Talon looked over as Darkhawk strapped in an unconscious Cleric.  They had found him wounded and passed out on the edge of the water, having made it across the water without his jump pack.  One last presence stuck out in Talon's mind.  'Zael.  We're returning to Lopen.' he told his Guard.  He was proud of his student.  While he was disappointed at the betrayal that Kyvaas had committed, he was pleased that it ended with the Guardsman given the moniker 'Bob' having come out on top.  While his healing had come a long way, Zael was in need of a long healing meditation and more specialized treatment than a combat medic could supply.

The presence of the Guard touched Talon's mind and said, 'If you will it, Master, I would like to complete my mission.  The General is still far from safe.'

With a sigh, Talon conceded to himself that Bob was right.  He did not want Fury left without protection.  'Follow the Darkness, Brother.'  Closing off the connection, Talon boarded the shuttle and headed for the cockpit.  Soon after, the repulsors hummed to life and the Sentinel lifted off.

(OOC: We've picked up Rizzit, FlyingKnight/Virius, and Kami.  A message is sent down the Chain of Command about each of them not saying exactly where they went to, but that they were called away.)

-----------------------
OO/SM Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CEO Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
Verastinian Republic - Minster of Antiquities (Fossil Technology)
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 17 18 19 20 21 22 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:00:57 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 108  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >