Topic:  Chapter 8 : Army
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
August 27, 2004 7:58:19 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Hey Kami" TK called out as he walked up to the corporal.
"Yes My Sergeant!" Kami sarcastically replied.
"Get your stuff, basic scout load-out we're going to go a couple of islands up to check out what's happening around that area." TK informed.
"Oooh, who else is coming?' Kami asked.
"My chef's knife..." TK answered.

Kami quickly grabbed her pack and loaded her A280. TK looked at her as he took off his armour. Kami looked back in a confused way, TK then tossed her an E-11.

"We're going light, take your armour off, Remmy's going to drop us off at the half-way point and we'll swim from there." TK informed.
"Aww, that well and truly sucked..." Kami replied.

After their gear was packed TK and Kami head towards the boats where Rema waited. As soon as the the arrived Rema was already waiting on the driver's side while Zafo manned the gun. Without much talking TK and Kami quickly got into the boat. TK gave the signal to Rema as he sat down in one of the seats.

"Looks like a nice day for recon aye senior sergeant?" Zafo commented,
"Not bad I guess, Personally I doubt that there's going to be that much up in the next island. Us Senior NCOs just want to see if there's a forward base for those commandos that attacked us" TK replied.
"Ei by the way, the breathing apparatuses are in the ammunition crate" Rema informed.
"Why the hell would you want to put it there?" TK asked.
"So if the enemy finds this boat they wouldn't realise that we have underwater capabilities." Rema replied.
"What a dumb answer..." TK muttered.

The boat skimmed through the water at full speed until finally came to a halt.

"Ok, we're here...Remember keep your breathing masks on when you're under water, we'll be back when you radio us. Oh by the way, Afyon wants you two to check in every hour." Rema said as if he was their mother.
"Ya ya, hey i'll even get us some animals to eat tonight." TK replied.

TK and Kami pulled down their waterproof balaclavas to protect their comlinks and provide better camouflage. The two Dragoons wore the standard Imperial Army Trooper Uniform excluding the armour and helmet with flippers attached to their boots. Their breathing apparatus was similar to a gas mask with a cord attaching it to an oxygen tank that they the two Dragoons carried like a backpack.

TK jumped off followed by Kami, Rema and Zafo watched as they swam towards the shore.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman
*DarkDragoons* - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
JR
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 27, 2004 2:09:49 PM    View the profile of JR 
After unpacking and hiding their gear the RAIDERS got together to make a plan of action. 

FA began, "As you all know, we either have to make a base out here or in the city.  Personally I would rather be in the city so that we don't draw people towards or gear." He paused as the rest of the RAIDERS murmered there agreements.  He then continued, "So what I want is for my fireteam to go into the city and try to find a cheap place that we will be able to rent and that is in a good enough place that we can get to and from the main rebel base with ease.  JR and FK, I have put the map of the city on your datapads, I want the place to be between 4 and 10 kilos away from the base."

With that JR and FK started for the city.  Taking out there datapads to find out which way to go they found that they were actually fairly far away and that it would take them at least an hour to get there.  They walked in silence keeping their eyes and ears locked for any sound or movement that may come from another being.  Luckily they didn't run into anybody and made it to the city in good time.  When they got there they marveled at how much bigger and nicer everything was compared to the imperial city they had just been at.  They entered and began their quest.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SSGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 27, 2004 4:25:10 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
The ship began its decent into the atmosphere of the planet.

'Home Sweet Home.  I can't believe I'm actually coming back home after almost a year of not being here.  I just wish I could remember some of the people here.'  Anubis said to himself as the ship had passed through the upper atmosphere and was beginning to break.

Anubis was in just normal spacer clothing.  No real disguise was needed, and the last people on Corellia knew, he was a smuggler.

'Oh well, no time to stop and visit old aquaintances...' They wouldn't actually be on the planet for more than an hour, just enough time to exit the transport.  Go through customs and security, then back onto another transport for the ride to Coruscant.

'...but just enough time to make a little stop for some Corellian brandy.'  Anubis couldn't help but smile.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
August 27, 2004 4:33:36 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
***During the Night***

Afyon awoke about an hour after the Dragoons had laid down for some sleep.  The last nightmare he had had shaken him badly, they were becoming almost unbearable.  He shifted in his sitting position, trying to get comfortable so that he could go back to sleep and the horror of his past.  Ten minutes slow passed by and finally he decided to take a walk and try and clear his mind a bit.

Afyon half button his shirt in a sleepy daze and as quietly as possible got up from the wooden structure that constituted as a bed.  He strapped on his gun belt, when he wasn't on a mission it held only his blaster and an extra clip, and quietly tiptoed out of the room.  He decided to take the long way around to the base by walking out of the cave and then around the hills.  It looked like a pleasent part of the island.

It took about ten minutes to get out of the cave and up the hill above it.  Once on top, Afyon looked out over the dark water.  It was a beautiful site, one of Bestine's moons shone brilliantly over the small waves.  The combined sound of the water rolling up onto the beach and the chirping of insects had a very tranquile feeling to it.  Afyon sighed and sat down against a rock, looking out over the water in deep thought.

The images of the captured rebel after he had been tortured shook Afyon inside.  Rema had made a mess of the man - Afyon himself couldn't bring himself to do the job himself.  The rebels injuries reminded him of many he saw tortured, though he couldn't remember where they were tortured or by whom.  In fact when he thought about it, he could hardly remember anything about his life at all.  He remembered growing up at his parent's spaceport at Corellia and the next thing he remembered was being woken up on some planet by Imperial scout troopers who had found him badly injured on a jungle planet.

Regardless what of his past he remembered, he did know one thing.  During the time he couldn't recall, he had seen and done some terrible things and unless he mustered the courage and resolve to find his past, he would never be able to be a normal person in the present.

(OOC: Had to run before I completed this post, will be continuing in another post later)

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
TK-112
ComNet Member

August 27, 2004 9:59:41 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
TK and Kami silently landed ashore, the beaches were covered with rocks giving them the perfect landing spot. The two swiftly made their way to the nearest patch of trees and ducked down. Kami pulled her balaclava up and looked at the surrounding environment. It was dotted with rocks and tropical trees. The two Dragoons crept forward towards a ditch with sandbags placed around it.

"Man made...Definately..." TK whispered.
"Looks like they were about to set up new gun posts." Kami commented.
"Well seing this, there must be a a base of operations somewhere in this island...Damn it! I forgot to take my E-11 with me!" TK muttered.
"Hey can you hear that?" Kami asked.
"...What the hell, that's the sound of an spacecraft..." TK replied.

TK and Kami looked up and in the distance they were able to see a Skyhopper taking off and flying towards the Dark Dragoon's camp. Unlike most other skyhoppers this particular one was armed similarly to a gun-ship. TK quickly turned his comlink on and made a transmission.

"Rema this is TK, do you hear me?" TK whispered into his comlink.
"Loud and clear." Rema replied.
"You need to find a way to hide your boat we have a Skyhopper coming towards you!" TK informed.
"It's only a skyhopper, what's the rush? We could always take it down if we have to..." Zafo cut in.
"Well that's what you think, from what I can see this skyhopper is armed like a gunship!" TK said as he pulled out his macrobinocular.
"What the hell?" The two boat crews replied in a confused tone.
"That's just great we have to take out a gun battery and now this?" Afyon suddenly cut in.
"Oh well, good luck we're going to go up and see wether or not there's a base in this island." TK said.

TK and Kami jumped out of the ditch and ran towards the area where the skyhopper took off. As the two got closer they could hear troops marching back and forth. The two Dragoons slowed down, TK pulled his Enforcer Heavy Slugthrower Pistol out and Kami unslinged her E-11. The two could see a squad of republic troops marching, they could tell that they were recruits by the way they marched, but beside those recruits stood a drill sergeant.

-----------------------
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 28, 2004 12:11:41 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes smiled easily, he liked to smile. Snipes only disguise was a blasted and dirty rebel armor,(leaving no doubt in his mind asto where it had been procured from) he wasnt happy about whereing it, but it fit well, and it allowed him to have his favored 8 guage shotgun strapped to his leg, unlike the stormtrooper armor. although in truth Snipes couldnt figure out why a pilot would need heavy armor, but it was Snipes pleasure they did. a long thin boot knife housed itself in Snipes right boot; it had been a familiar friend for a long time now, he carried no other weapons, although his belt held the cutting torch and various other gadgets he was acuostomed to, it to was diffrent, a blackblet with brown pouchs as compared to his all white stormtrooper one.

"Alright, Snipes and Lukas, once JR and FK have reported in, you guys i want to go find a cantina, i want you to be very carefull, but i want you to figure out everything you can, aviod confrontation if at all possible, dont be conspicuos, infact, just get some normal clothes i want to know everything about this area, down to how much polish the commander likes on his boots, got it?" Fallen Angel was very issistant.

"I got it FA, but im going o need some republic credits" Snipes sideways smirk was confident, he could do this, but not sitting in a cantina with nothing to drink.

"Your on your own there, i dont have any money on me"

"gah!" Snipes spat exasperated "ah well, i can manage, i know a few tricks"

"stay out of trouble, and not that it makes much diffrence to you, you always get in trouble, but thats an order."

Snipes let the smile widen "ey, this is me we're talkin about"

"Now you see why im worried. . ." FA stared Snipes straight in the eyes, not a challenge, but an unerring warning.

"we should move inland a bit, so they cant see us from the ocean aswell" Rizzit put in, not wanting Snipes to deicde to be belligerent, it wouldnt be first time Snipes had shown contempt for the Dark Jedi Order and all four standing around knew it wouldnt be the last.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 28, 2004 12:38:44 AM)]
TK-112
ComNet Member

August 28, 2004 5:35:58 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
The two Dragoons went into the prone position, TK looked on at the squad while Kami aimed with her rifle.

"Do you want me to take the shot?" Kami asked as she switched her rifle's mode to semi-automatic.
TK paused for a moment and looked through his Macrobinoculars.
"Damn it, we need to take that Drill Sergeant out, are you sure you can take them out? I'm reading a hundred meters here..." TK replied.
"I've got the Drill Sergeant lined up..." Kami informed.
TK looked on, the squad seemed to be marching towards them, TK could see as one of the recruits struggled as he carried a heavy repeater blaster. The squad marched on until the recruit could not take much more of it and dropped the heavy blaster, the squad stopped to help him pick up the blaster.
"Now!" TK ordered.

Kami swiftly responded and fired a deadly bolt, the Drill Sergeant heard it and turned around but it was too late. As soon as he turned the bolt strucked him in his neck leaving a gaping hole.

"Lets go!" TK shouted alerting all the recruits.

Kami quickly got up and switched her rifle back to full-automatic mode. The two swiftly ran in a zig zag formation towards the recruits. Kami opened fire and killed three recruits. The recruits were now helpless they started to open fire towards the two Dragoons and missed them, two of the recruits took the initiative and deployed the heavy repeating blaster and ripped through the trees. Kami popped out of her cover again and took out the other three recruits. TK quickly ran towards the next treee, but unfortunately a bolt struck him in his right arm. Kami saw what had just happened to TK and thought that he was dead and swiftly responded with a grenade.

-----------------------
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
August 28, 2004 11:00:50 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The Whirling sound grew louder as the skyhopper got closer.
Next sound was one of lasers blaring, narrowly missing the boats. The skyhopper sped over a hill, no doubt making a turn to strike once again.

"Zafo, Rema, man the ships guns!" Afyon yelled "Sandwich and I will take the missile launchers, we need to bring this thing down!"

"Yes Sir!" The squad replied in unison.

Within seconds, everyone was in position waiting for the skyhopper to return. The intensity among the ships grew each second they did not see the skyhopper. Then Zafo heard it. The whirling growing louder and louder. Zafo saw something flash in the corner of his eye and turned his head.
Speeding towards the boats was the skyhopper.
But is it? Zafo thought to himself. The skyhopper wasnt shiney like this.

"There's a second one at 1 O clock!!" Zafo shouted.
The entire squad spun around to face the new incoming enemy. The second it was in range the Dragoons opened fire.
Zafo aimed slightly ahead of the skyhopper then unleashed the energy covered bolts at the airborn enemy. Zafo managed to hit one of the engines causing it to spin out of control. It's lack of speed was immediatly replied by Rema's rocket, hitting it dead center caused it to engulf in flames and go crashing into the sea.

The first skyhopper came over the hill guns blazing. Zafo watched as a blue bolt was released from the side of the skyhopper right in his direction. Zafo dove from the gun to the deck, and not a second too soon. The bolt struck the gun and shut it down.

"Carefull, that things got an Ion cannon!" Sam shouted before Zafo had a chance to say anything.

"Don't worry" Afyon replied "He won't have a chance to use it again. FIRE!"

Two rockets and some energy rushed towards the skyhopper and all smashed into it consecutavly. The squad let out a sigh of relief as the burning nightmare crashed into the sea.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCP ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
August 29, 2004 12:00:47 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Knight took a good loook at the city through his macrobinoculars, "Doesn't look like there is much military presence but that doesn't mean anything they could be hidden." Knight said taking out a duffel bag putting the binoculars in it and his main E-11 and motioning for JR to put his military equipment in there as well. "I will seal this bag and we can hide it and come back later to retrieve it so it just looks like we are a couple of republic residents." Knight said closing the bag.
    "Yeah thats a good idea," JR said watching the sergeant put the duffel in a hollowed out tree and placing a tracking device on it. "So where to first."
    "Well I wanted to go to the republic bank and make a withdrawal," He said smiling pulling out his slicertool and making a once over and putting it away again. Before they got moving the two sergeants checked there weapons and various knives. Knight checked his two DL-54 automatic blasters and holstered them for easy reach and good concealment. Also he sheathed his two treppus vibroblades one on his ankle and one in the small of his back just incase he need to do a silent kill. Seeing that JR was done checking his gear Knight picked up his computer bag and the two headed off towards the bank. Walking into the city Knight checked his datapad seeing the bank near the lower middle of the city he looked up and saw the street that they needed to be on and turned the corner to come across a speeder dealership. "Hmm...I bet it would be nice to have a couple of speeders to add to our equpment," Knight said eyeing up a brand new speeder.
    "We will buy two speeders when we get back from the bank and finding a base camp. Then we can pick up the rest of the team and supplies and set up base." JR said looking impressed at a different speeder that was in the lot. Nodding Knight motioned for JR to follow him to the bank to get some spending money. Walking up to the bank and seeing that it is closed Knight motioned for JR to keep watch while he checks the place for an access terminal somewhere near. Walking around the back of the bank he found nothing but garbage and a homeless alien. Walking out from behind the bank he spotted a 24hr supply station and walked over to JR. "Well there is nothing around the bank but there might be a ATM in there that I can get money from," Knight said motioning over toward the 24 hour place.
    "I will keep the attendent busy while you get the money make sure you get enough to buy those speeders and have enough left over for the base rent and supplies money." JR said walking towards the building. JR walked up to the attendent after grabbing a soda and a candy bar to tell him that his friend is withdrawing some money and to make small talk and maybe get some tactical information about the city. Knight pulled out his slicertool and hooked up a credit slicer card that had a cord coming out of it hooking up the tool and the ATM. Using it he accessed the banks storage system to take a look around at the accounts in their. Suddenly the attendant yelled asking what he was doing, "I am just trying to remember my access code," Knight sneered trying to hide his slicertool as best as he could. Finding an account with a lot of credits in it he drained it all into his computer then had the ATM withdraw enough credits to pay for the needed supplies. Closing the tool and putting it in his pack Knight also stored the extra credits in credit holders for each of his team members. Handing one to JR Knight pocked his and walked out of the store with JR after he paid for his small meal. "You going to share," Knight smiled looking at the candy bar.
    "Sure and thanks for the money there is at least over 5000 credits in the wallet you gave me." JR said giving the bar to Knight.
    "No problem I got plenty where that came from," smiling, "I totally drained the republic army's account in this area."
    "Good job just hope they wont trace it to us, but that wont matter we'll kill them anyways before they find out." JR said downing his soda. Knight took another look at his datapad trying to find a suitable base so they could get the speeders and head back to pick up the rest of the team.

-----------------------
Sergeant
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
August 29, 2004 3:47:33 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami watched the rest of the recruits blow sky high from cover, then popped up and ran forwards to where TK had pulled himself behind a tree trunk.
"Sarge..." She dropped down next to him and took in the bloody mess that was his right arm. "Damm."
TK groaned, "Got me good."
Pulling her balaclava from her head, Kami tore the fabric in half, then looked at TK's arm, at loss at what to do.
TK grimaced, and pushed himself up to a sitting position, "Give it to me," he instructed, holding out his good hand.
Kami obliged, then flicked on her comm, "Sarge, TK's hit. We need immediate e-vac."
Kami glanced around her, rifle at ready as she waited for a response.
"Copy that," Afyon's voice crackled through static, "We'll be there soon. Hold your position."
Kami looked over at the pile of smoking recruits a few feet away. They made one hell of a signal...
"Not sure that's a good idea Sarge; we made kinda made a mess."
"Ok..." Afyon hesitated while he conversed with the rest of the Dragoons, "Stay near the beach, we'll find you."

Swinging her rifle over her shoulder, Kami slid both arms under TK's good shoulder and helped him to his feet, "C'mon, we got some walking to do."
TK's face contorted in pain as his bound arm brushed the undergrowth, "Suppose you're not going to carry me then?"
Kami grinned, "How much you got?"
TK sighed, "Not enough."
With a soft laugh Kami turned her attention back to the landscape, "Then you're walking... while I cover your ass."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/CPL kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 29, 2004 3:52:25 AM)]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 29, 2004 9:13:48 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
(O.C.C. Sorry about the double post, got bored)

TK and Kami made it to the beach without further mishap. The Dragoons floated in quietly, Sam, Zafo and Rema slipping into the water and swimming quickly to shore.
"Don't look so crash hot TK," Sam commented, sliding a field med pac from his back.
A look of pure horror crossed TK's face, "Acting Medic?" He asked, his eyes watching Sam's every move.
"Yeeeep," Sam grinned, "Should be interesting."
"Quit your whimpering, "Rema snapped from where he had moved a few meters up the beach. He turned to Kami "Still up for a little more recon? Or have we puffed you out?"
Kami smiled and threw Remmy a wink, "I'm yours Sarge, where too?"
Rema motioned Zafo forwards, "Sam's getting TK back to base while we're shutting down any Rebel activity. We can't afford to have them so close to home."

Giving an encouraging thumbs up to Sam, Kami waved goodbye to a pale faced TK and followed Remmy and Zafo up the beach and deeper into the island. After a few hundred meters Rema motioned Kami to the front. Reloading her rifle, Kami obediently obliged.
Tracing her and TK's steps, Kami bypassed the remains of the recruits, taking the other two Dragoons through a field of grass.
Her every sense of edge, Kami heard the sentry before she saw him.
Guessing that they'd maybe traveled only a few klicks or so inland, Kami immediately dropped to her knees, her eyes scanning the treetops above. A cough found her her man.

The sentry was in a tree platform of all things; his hunchbacked stance suggesting he wasn't used to carrying the equipment of a trooper. As if to clarifying Kami's stereotype, the sentry sighed and rubbed at his back.
Stifling the sigh of disgust which threatened to break free from her throat, Kami flicked on her heat sensor goggles and scanned the surrounding trees. Noting no other sentries, Kami whispered quietly into her com, "All clear once I get rid of this boy."

Wishing she had a silenced weapon, Kami skulked forwards, using the grass to shadow her movements. Reaching the base of the tree, she looked up in time to hear the young recruit report.
"Ah, base, um, all clear over."
The voice coming back from base sounded, if possible, even less confident, "Any sign of Red flight? Or Delta squad for that matter?"
"Ah, no sir. No sign."
"Ok. If we don't hear from them in the next five, we're going to code green, copy?"
"Green?" The sentry swallowed, "Ah, sure, Copy that."

Kami waited until the sentry stood still to wipe his forehead, then threw her first and only knife, wedging it securely in the back of Rebel's neck. He stiffened, then slumped to the platform with a soft sigh of disbelief.

Glancing back, and seeing nothing but Bestine vegetation, Kami signaled the all clear.
Zafo and Rema slid forwards in response.
The Dragoons entered a small forest, and zigzagged forwards until they reached another clearing, which pulled them to a halt.
"Its cute." Zafo murmured, gesturing to the small Rebel training camp sprawled out in front of them, "Look, they even got a little airfield!" He pointed to a small hanger at the back of the camp, "Much nicer than the Imperial academy."

Rema raised an eyebrow at Zafo, "You want cute? What? So you can end up like that sentry guard Kami bumped back there?"
Zafo looked over at Kami, who grinned evilly at her roomate.
"Ah, no...come to think of it, not really."
"Good." Rema pulled out a pair of borrowed electro binoculars, "Hanger's empty, those two sky hopper's must have been all that was stationed here."
He scanned over the three squat Rebel buildings, "The bigger one must be the mess. And look, all the baby Rebels are eating lunch."
"Makes an easy target," Kami motioned to the grenades clipped about Zafo's belt, "But I guess they don't expect to be cut down out here, in the middle of no-where."
Zafo shrugged, then handed out the grenades, three to each of the Dragoons.
"Target wisely," Rema murmured, "We have to do this on time, in sync. Or we'll have twenty times our number of trigger happy recruits firing madly at us, which, even taking  bad accuracy into account, is still not something I want to experience anytime soon. Got it?"
Kami and Zafo looked at each other, then nodded.
"Ok, move."

The Dragoons sprinted into the clearing, breaking off to circle wide around the mess. Kami went to her left, Rema at her side, while Zafo went right to secure the main entrance. She reached the wall, then crouched, running about the perimeter until she encountered the back door. Sliding to a standstill, Kami watched Rema glide past to find another point of entry.

Taking note of the unbarred windows near her position, Kami readied one of her grenades, and prayed that a recruit wouldn't come striding out the door and stamp on her head.
"Arm." Rema's voice drifted in her ear.
Pulling the pin out of her grenade, Kami tensed her legs.
"Go."

Kami pelted the grenade through the glass window of the door.
Her next two grenades smashed through nearby windows, then she was sprinting away from the mess as fast as her legs could carry her.

The nine grenades blew almost simultaneously....

A thump filled the air, followed by a intense rush of heat and air, which sent Kami sprawling to the earth. Ears ringing in protest, Kami pushed herself to her feet, only to be knocked down again as another series of explosions rocked the earth behind her, booming between the groans of the mess as it tore itself apart.

Klaxons wailed, but glancing back at the pile of rubble that was now the mess hall, Kami saw no-one rushing to answer their call.

Zafo was suddenly at her shoulder, his face covered in ash, "They must have stored ammunition or something in there, because that was one hell of an explosion."
The Klaxons blared loudly, then died in a burst of static.
The duo shaded their eyes and looked towards the dusty figure who was standing near the hanger, his arms full of crackling wires.
"Remmy," Kami and Zafo echoed.
The Sergeant came jogging over, "Lucky it didn't flame.Or we'd have a lot more Rebels to worry about. Loot the rest of the barracks, check for any survivors, then get back to base. We have a gun battery to take down."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 29, 2004 9:38:58 AM)]
JR
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 29, 2004 5:34:26 PM    View the profile of JR 
After getting their quick bite to eat.  The two RAIDERS began to search the area for a cheap apartment that fit Angel's descriptions.  They searched high and low from one side of the city to the other, until they came to the last street.  The buildings on this street were very fancy, but seeing how FK could get them all the money they wanted he and JR decided to take a chance and began searching for a place to stay.  Their efforts were finally rewarded when they discovered an apartment with a sign on the front for a vacant penthouse with a decent asking price.

"What do you think?" JR asked FK.

"It's probably a bit more than we should get," he replied, "expecially since we're getting those speeders.  However," he continued checking the map, "It looks like this is almost a perfect location.  Plus I'm think FA could probably change this guys opinion on the price."

That drew a chuckle from the two RAIDERS as they entered.  The lobby was extremely well fashioned with marbel flooring and granate walls.  The owner at the service desk was extremely well dressed in a white tux.  He appeared to be disgusted by the dirty and torn up clothes that the RAIDERS were sporting.  However after some discussion the two parties agreed at 2000 IC's a week.  The two RAIDERS got the keys, left the building and headed for the speeder shop feeling very good.   

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SSGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
[This message has been edited by JR (edited August 29, 2004 5:41:26 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 29, 2004 8:40:26 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
The travel through hyperspace seemed like an eternity even though it wasn't as long as the last one.  Anubis couldn't sleep at all, even though he felt more tired than he had in maybe his entire life.

'Maybe it was the liquor, I really gotta stop drinking, its an awful habit' Anubis told himself as he looked around the passenger ship.  It was filled with a number of people of all species, shapes, and sizes.

As he looked around the ship, he found someone that unsettled him very much so.  It was a human male, covered in black clothing.  Anubis couldn't help shaking away the suspicion he had about the man, which was intensified when the man looked his way and widened his eyes as if to recognize Anubis.

The look then disappeared, and the man pulled the hood of his black robe over his head.  Anubis then felt his blaster wound become sore again.  He decided against bacta when he returned to the Dominion, deciding the wound was cleaned up, and that it would just add a small scar and wouldn't bother him.

Instead, it had become somewhat sore over the past few days.  Whenever he uncovered the wound, while it had begun to heal, the scab easily broke, causing Anubis to bleed and replace the bandage with a fresh one.  'Oh well, its not that bad.'  Anubis said to himself again as he finished rubbing the his sore arm.

The engines wirred, signaling that they had jumped out of hyperspace, and were now in Coruscant space.  Anubis opened his small viewport to look at the massive city-planet below.  It looked shockingly different than when he last visited almost 4 years ago.  While much of the city remained, there were small spots scattered across the planet indicating where large scale battles occured.

The passenger liner landed on a floating landing platform, and several air taxis were stationed ready to pick up the passengers.  'Well, now we need only find the others, then we can get to work.' Anubis told himself as he and Kuroishi headed towards one of the air taxis.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited August 29, 2004 8:41:09 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 29, 2004 8:46:28 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
***Still During the Night***

Afyon awoke a few hours later as the sun was rising from behind him.  The brilliant shine of the sun glistened over the blue water and the warm morning sea breeze swept over him reigniting the sensation of calm and happiness he had felt the night before.  It was here that he for the first time that he could remember, felt at home and relaxed.  Afyon stretched and stood up.  his back was a bit stiff from sleeping against the rock but it had been worth it in order to see the spectacular sunrise. 

He scratched his bearding face and made his way down the hill and back up a smaller one.  Damn the camouflage is quite effective. Afyon thought to himself.  At first he couldn't see the base.  Once he remember what to look for he spotted it easily.  He was happy to see that it was as well hidden as it was.  The camouflage was primarly to keep hidden from the rare aircraft but even by foot the base could be hard to find, especially at night.  Afyon passed through the camouflage netting and climbed down into the cave.  Once down there, he awoke the squad and informed them of a recon mission he wanted to run today.  He gave them twenty minutes to eat something and prepare.

Afyon decided against taking underwater gear for himself or changing into stormtrooper armour.  His arm was very sore from the previous day and in order to be ready for the assualt mission, he was going to rest it today.  Sandwich Sam also wouldn't be preparing for an underwater approach in order to allow him time to heal his injuries.  The squad hadn't been in the best of shape coming to the planet and they were in even worse now.

Afyon grabbed his A-280 and a couple of extra clips for it and his pistol.  He clipped his combat knife to the back of his gun belt and attached his commlink and datapad to their proper spots.  He looked down at his armour but decided instead to stick with the black imperial uniform.  He looked down at the filthy black half unbuttoned shirt.  Some of the sand and dirt musthave blown on him while he was sleeping.  He shrugged and placed his A-280 beside the driver's seat on the boat.  He then helped as best he could as the squad loaded a couple of ammunition crates, the underwater gear, and a missile launcher into the boat.  They were going in prepared just incase of trouble.  Zafo and Tk-112 finished refueling the boat and ejected the hose from the gas tank.  They were ten minutes off scheduel but ready as ever to get this underway.  As they all stepped into the boat, Afyon noticed very heavy bags under Kami's eyes and they were dark, as if she had a pair of black eyes.  He gave her a quick look of puzzlement and sympathy before  barking orders to get the boat underway.

***Current Time***

"Alright guys, hang tight and watch out for that gun boat!"  Afyon ordered as he steered the boat towards the island.  He gunned the accelerator and the boat leaped over the waves towards the island.  He eased off the throttle and brought the boat in quietly as they closed to the spot Kami and indicated and Tk was loaded onboard.  Afyon turned and headed back out for open seas while the other three prepared to take out any other rebels.  A few minutes later, Sam had Tk bandaged and stabilized and Afyon made his way back to the beach.  The others quickly hopped on and Afyon turned the boat and headed for base.  He went slow at first to avoid detection, then once on open water he gunned it and raced for the island.  Sam gripped the boat's gun tightly as the boat bounced over the choppy waters.  The rest of the Dragoons were on the watch for the Skyhopper that was searching for them.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited August 29, 2004 9:06:02 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
August 29, 2004 10:17:32 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The boat glided through the water, bobbing slightly up and down with the waves.

"Some pretty fireworks those were, aye Zaf?" Kami said as she walked towards where he was sitting and sat down beside him.

"Indeed they were" Zafo replied with a smile "I hope to see more soon"

"Ya Probably will once we are through with the gun battery" Kami added

Zafo's ears picked up a familiar whirling sound. He picked up a pair of electro-binoculars and peered at a speck in the sky. Sure enough, it was another gun ship on its way to eliminate the Dragoons.

"We may be seeing fireworks sooner than that" Zafo said as he got up and ran towards the front of the ship to warn Afyon of what was aproaching.

"We got another skyhopper heading our way! Grab what you can and help take it down!" Afyon ordered, then signaled for Zafo to take the ships gun. Luckily it had not been this ship that had its gun disabled by a skyhopper's ion cannon earlier that day.

Zafo swung himself into the chair and prepared to fire. Right as he was about to shoot, Afyon nailed the pilot in the chest with his sniper rifle. The pilot fell dead on his control pannel and sent his ship into the sea.

"Aww no fireworkd" Zafo said disapointadly.
"There are now Rema said as he launched a rocket a the sinking craft. The explosion sent flaming debirs flying through the air, landing not to far from the Dragoons.

The Dragoons as the watched the beauty of the explosion over the horizon, as the cruised towards their base.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCP ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 29, 2004 10:32:01 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Snipes. Lukas, go now, be quick, we'll fallow about half an hour behind you, stick together, and in the emporers name, stay out of trouble" Fallen Angel said, stepping over to where Sniping101 and Lukas_Yuy where slouching around looking useless. " and take these" He tossed a piar of B22 hold out blasters to them. "you knever know when one might come in handy"

"Thanks" the two chorused, taking off in the direction of the town, their datapads held an incoded message from FK; telling them all basicaly the situation, where the penthouse was and various other things of importance, Snipes skimmed threw it. FK might rely on his skills with a slicing tool for money, but Snipes preffered more concrete ways of gaining cash, mainly robbery.

It took the two an unaided hour to reach the gate. Snipes stepped intot he gateway, the walls zooming up around him.

"ID!" a voice yelled at them from behind a clear panel of transpreasteel.

"i'm sorry man, lost our ID in the crash, was in the last squadron to go down, lost everything in that ship man,  im penniless now" Snipes said with sincere sounding regret.

"heh, nice of you fly-boys to join the masses, move along you two," the voice chuckled happily. and Snipes tried hard not to sneer.

The two moved on threw though, and soon where amoung the crouded streets of whatever this city was called, Snipes was bad with names. they walked down the street, Snipes took lead, pushing his way threw the crowd, he was tallest and largest, people often parted for him, if they didnt he pushed them apart. they walked for a long time, Snipes all the time looking for a seedy enough cantina, it took a long time before they reached the slums, dark older parts of the city, most the lights and utilitys didnt work and the repair crews never bothered with this part of town; but Snipes knew the military personel would, this was thier sort of place, cheap hookers and cheap beer. Snipes pulled Lukas into an alley inhabited only by an old begger, who Snipes chased off.

"Alright, now i want you to stand outside the cantinas across from us door and wait, i'll hide in this alley here, when i give you a signal i want you to start talking to whoever is coming out,  hopefully we can find someone that looks kinda like you or me. anyway, while you have them dsitracted, i'll pull them into a dark alley and slit thier throat, you stay at the end of the street and keep a look out for anyone." Snipes eyes sparkled, eirly in the half light.

"right, just why all the way out here, couldnt we have found somebody richer in the better part of town?" Lukas asked, catching onto Snipes plans.

"yes, but not military personell, and its more eyes to see it, although even that can be delt with. but what i need is mostly drunk heigh ranking officers"

"ok, but please dont screw up, i could shoot him, it would be quicker."

"just leave me too it, i'll take care of it" Snipes zipped his flight suite part way down to reviel a black hole "i thought a shadow suite might come in handy on this mission, i guess i was right, now go"

Lukas did as Snipes asked and in about half an hour an tall lean man stumbled out of the cantina, and Snipes threw a rock across the street, hitting lukas in the shoulder; lukas got the hint, and rubbin ghis shoulder moved over and ingaged the man in a conversation, Snipes couldnt hear what about. Snipes threw off his garmets and ran across the street, grabbing up a old ragg of a blanket, he reached the man, and threw the blanket around his neck and tugged him into another alley, then spinning around he braught the thin knife from his boot quickly across the unfortunates neck, using th blanket to soak up the blood.
Snipes quickly stripped the body, taking the mans datapad, access card and ID, then bundling up his uniform for later use. Snipes took a looka t the mans face, the face was very similiar to his own, but Snipes would have to make him unreconiseable; picking up a large piece of wood Snipes swung it over his head and brought it craching down on the dead mans face, he did this several times, then he checked to make sure the man had no tatooes. it was likely that in this part of town this man would just be left until the cleaners found the body and did away with it, nothing wouold come of it if they didnt know he was military.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 30, 2004 12:10:06 AM)]
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 29, 2004 10:52:05 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Back at base, the Dragoons set to work prepping their gear for their next mission. With TK, Sam and Art feeling worse for wear with injuries, Kami was starting to stress. Taking down the gun battery would be no easy feat, even with a full strength squad.

Throwing yet another empty clip to the side, Kami glanced up in time to see TK wander in, his arms (one now bandaged) full of smoking meat.
"What? Where you get that from?" Sam asked, his mouth falling open.
TK smiled mysteriously, "Cook's secret. Don't complain, just eat up."
The Dragoons had no further objections. They piled forwards, stomachs growling loudly.
After a somewhat meager meal of meat, they looked back at TK, who raised his hands defensively, "Don't look at me, that's all for now."
"Should be enough to keep you going," Afyon strode into room, "Now hurry it up. We have to get to the island before nightfall"
Slinging her newly re-armed weapons back into their respective positions, Kami got to her feet, then grabbed Zafo's outstretched hand, pulling him to his feet as well.
"God...you're heavy," She complained, rubbing her aching arms.
Zafo grinned, "Well that's what extra ammo, explosives and climbing gear does to ya."
She reached out and brushed the Lance Corporal's chin, "I think that stubble's making you too macho for my liking."
Zafo laughed, "Wait till I get a moustache, then you'll see unbearable I can really be."

"Lets move people," Afyon looked pointedly at the two lagging Dragoons, "Now."
Kami and Zafo moved into a light jog to catch up with the others, then skidded to a halt near the boat. Swinging the pack of explosives from her back, Kami carefully stored it under Rema's legs, then moved aside to let Zafo take his favorite position at the gun turret. Afyon leapt in, and Sam kick started the engine, pulling the Dragoons out of the cave and into open water.

The Dragoons stayed deathly quiet as the sun began to drop from the sky, the catcalls of Bestine nightlife coming to life as they passed the now lifeless Rebel academy island. Sam weaved the boat about a series of shallows, then sped up, taking the boat around the border of the second island. Kami tried unsuccessfully to see past the wall of trees and shrubs. For all she knew, the island was a hive of Rebel activity, but for now... it wasn't the Dragoons objective.

The third island came into site, its boundary rimmed with sharp impassable rock faces. Glancing upwards, Kami took in the  spotlights adorning the top of the cliffs, and the subsequent gun battery's lined along the cliffline, safe from water assault, but quite capable of blowing any water craft to smithereens in the space of a few seconds.
Matther's had been right...this was an important facility to the Rebellion.

TK's hand shot up, barely visible in the darkening sky.
He'd spotted somewhere to set down.
He crawled forwards until he was at Sam's side, then quietly directed the Lance Corporal to the shore. Kami flicked on her night vision goggles and waited quietly as the coastline grew in size...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 29, 2004 10:55:11 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 29, 2004 11:15:04 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Sam guided the boat to a halt about a kilometer from the facility.  There, he let the waves push it against the wall.  Once the boat appeared to be relatively stable sitting there, Afyon took out the climbing ropes.  Zafo took off his pack, clipped his helmet to his belt, and slung his gun cross shoulder on his body.  He would be the first Dragoon the climb and had the difficult task of taking the rope up with him and anchoring it at the top.  Afyon watched as Zafo slowly made his way up the wet rocks, speeding up once he hit the drier ones.  It took about ten minutes for him to reach the top.

Afyon tied the pack of explosives and Zafo's trooperpack to the bottomof the rope and waited as Sandwich Sam climbed up, followed by Rema, Tk, himself, and Kami bringing up the rear.  The boat had been tied on a rock below and would most likely not sustain too much damage in the night.  The climb was slow as all four injured men struggled up the rock face.  By the time he reached the top, Afyon's shoulder was burning.  The strength needed to climb the rope was almost too much for his shoulder.  It felt as though he had reopened part of it too which wasn't positive news.  He extended his right hand to help pull Kami up and the the rope was reeled in by Zafo, bringing up the explosives and Zafo's gear.  Zafo quickly strapped both and and swung his rifle around, he like the rest of the Dragoons were ready for action.  Afyon turned to Rema and order him to take Zafo and Tk as one team and he'd take Kami and Sam as the other.  The key was to get through the vegetation without being detected by rebel patrols.  Then they needed to actually infiltrate the facility, mostly likely requiring them to pass through a defensive position at some point.  It wasn't looking like a fun start to the mission.

-----------------------
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 29, 2004 11:53:10 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
For an island of cliff faces, it sure has a lot of vegetation...Kami thought dryly as yet another leaf whapped her in the face. Sam grinned at her at her side, despite the fact that he had just narrowly avoided a spotlight beam. The shadow that was Art held up a closed fist, causing the two Dragoons to freeze. Another spotlight beam swept over the area, followed by the soft sound of voices. They were close now.

Art unclenched his fist, and the three Dragoons started forwards again, using the tropical undergrowth as cover. They came to a halt as Afyon encountered a string of rather crude looking barb wire. Kami flicked a pair of pliers into her right hand. Crawling forwards, she carefully cut through the three intertwined wires, then peeled them back, securing them to nearby bushes. Sam moved through first, followed by Art, then Kami, who was hoping that someone in Rema's group had remembered pliers of some sort.

The three Dragoons crept forwards until they reached the base of one of the spotlight towers, a small military bunker coming into sight just behind the tall structure. Taking in the ten foot tall steel fences on either side of the bunker, and the decorated barbed and spiked wire at their head, Kami grimaced at her SL. It was highly likely that the whole perimeter of the gun battery would be similarly defended.

Afyon pointed up at the two guards manning the spotlight tower, then to Kami, before motioning at the four shadows visible through the small bunker window. Kami nodded, raised her silenced rifle, and switched on her laser. She centered the red dot on one guard's forehead, pulled the trigger, then shot the other guard multiple times in the chest.
Both fell elegantly 10 meters or so from the tower, crashing softly into the undergrowth, and disappearing from view.

The three Dragoons came out from cover and sprinted towards the bunker, aware that another spotlight a few hundred meters away was cycling in their direction.
Just as they made to swing about the doorway of the bunker and assault the Rebels within, the soft sound of a scuffle hit their ears.
Afyon motioned Sam and Kami back against the wall, then walked slowly forwards.
Sliding her knives from her sheathes, Kami watched her SL as he froze at the doorway...
...then turned back to her smiling.

Confused, Kami opened her mouth but clamped it shut as Rema popped his grinning head out of the doorway. Catching her sigh of relief, Kami grinned back.
The other team had beaten them to it.
A soft whirr announced the gate's withdrawal, as it slid back to open a entryway for the Dragoons into the fortified base. Waving thanks, Afyon lead his small team into the base and off to the right, leaving the left side of the base for the others.

Realizing that she was still grinning when she should be grimacing, Kami turned her attention back to the patrols and lights combing the interior of the base.
It wasn't over yet...not by a long shot...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 29, 2004 11:56:20 PM)]
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 12:45:01 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Walking back to the speeder dealership Knight walked past the speeders and into the sales office to talk to a salesman. Walking up to a desk he noticed the only salesman in the place trying to adjust his tie to the arrival and possible customer.
    "Hello and welcome to Grand Thrift Auto. We have the best vehicles you can buy on Bestine." the cheesily dressed man said.
    Knight almosted burst out laughing at the name, "Hi, I would like to purchase two Q-6100 landspeeders please. Those two in the lot will suffice."
    "Ok sure, I will get the papers for you to fill out right away sir." the salesman responded grinning that he was going to make a double sale in one night. Coming back out of an office the man spread the papers out on the desk for the soldier to sign, "I would like to ask how will you be paying for these."
    "If it is at all possible I would like to wire transfer it myself with my laptop." Knight said pulling out his favored tool.
    "Yeah sure whatever you want." the man responded.
    "Anyplace where I can hookup to transfer the funds and so you can make sure the transfer was complete." Knight said turning on the laptop.
    "You can jackin right over there." the man said pointing to a small port built into the wall at stomach level with a small shelf for setting a computer on. The slicer walked over to the port and linked up his computer typing to start one of his special programs he wanted to make it look as if a transfer actually happened but didn't so he wouldn't have to pay a credit and he wouldn't know until he actually looks at the figures for the business account. "Okay I am ready for the transfer." Knight said looking over at the salesman.
    "Okay all set to receive." the man gave a thumbs up while watching the screen of his computer. Knight hit the enter key and watched his program go to work. The binary whirred on his screen as the slicer watched the money drain from his account then come back as planned to make it for the record in the banks computer that the money actually transferred but never got there. Watching the money rise on his screen the salesman was satisfied with the transfer and opened his desk drawer to get the keys to the vehicles. Knight shut off his computer and stuffed it in his pack walking over to the man he shook his hand and took the cards. "Pleasure doing business with you." Knight said walking toward the door.
    "Remember Grand Thrift Auto's motto: If it aint stolen we're fine with it." the salesman yelled to the soldier walking out the door.
    Heading for the newly aquired vehicles he opened one and placed a small control device on it so he could operate it remotely. Closing the hatch he had the vehicle drive across the street into an ally and then he did the same thing to the other speeder but this time he hopped in and drove first towards his hidden stash to get his and JR's weapons then off to the beach to pick up the rest of his team.

-----------------------
Sergeant
TRP-Raider Squad
-
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 30, 2004 1:08:13 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Bursting through the bottom floor door of the apartment buildings, Angel fixed JR in his sights and went in for the kill. Pulling the Sergeant aside he layed into him.

"What in the blue blazes so you think you are doing?! I said inconspicuous...INCOSPICUOUS. THIS," He exclaimed, is NOT inconspicuous."

Noticing that the apartment manager was eyeing him strangely, Angel said to JR, "Wait here," and walked over to the manager.

Reaching out with the Force, Angel asked the manager, "Did you hear what we were talking about?"

No you did not Angel suggested through the Force.

"No I did not" repeated the manager.

"Good, now do you know who rented the penthouse?"

A good loyal republic citizen Angel sent into the manager's head.

"A good loyal Republic citizen."

"Very good." Angel replied. With a slight tweak of the Force, Angel put the manager to sleep, then went back to JR.

"DO you think we are DRAGOONS or something? Staying in a place like this?" Shaking his head he continued,  "Actually...This gives me an idea....Ok, FK is on his way back here with one of the speeders. Have him take you to the other speeder, then find something grungier and closer to the rebel base. Tell FK to bring me my bag of goodies. I'll meet you guys at the safe house."

Saluting JR turned and headed out the door. The sound of snoring came from behind the front desk, and Angel chuckled to himself about the simple minded manager.

Using the Force, Angel pickpocketed the key to the penthouse out of JR's back pocket as he walked away. Entering the elevator, Angel slid the key into the lock and the lift began to move.

"This should make a nice distraction..." Angel muttered to himself, an evil smile creeping across his face...

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 30, 2004 1:34:03 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes swaggered down the street, his cloths where a light dust color, and the jacket was a plain grey flight jacket, he wore a plain white shirt under it. he had the B22 in a wrist holster and his trusty shotgun strapped to his side, his black boots held that long thing knife he had slit the man throat with.
Snipes hadd used the mand ID and datapad to buy various things, amoung them was a racing swoop he had seen at a junkyard, it was an old model and looked junky to the untrained eye, but in truth it was very fast, just the way snipes liked it. He had rented a room in a lowclass hotel on the same street he had killed the man on. it had been Snipes luck that the man was on leave for four days, so Snipes wouldnt have to worry about changing identitys again for a while.
Snipes hung a right at the intersection and ducked into the cantina; smoke and the smell of sweat thickened the air and it tooks Snieps eyes a second to adjust to the darkness.
the room was mostly human, with an occasional bothan thrown in and a lone rodian, the game seemed to be sabacc, and it was at every table; Snipes swagged up to the bar, nobody bother to look at him, and he kept his ears tuned into the noises, in a bar he could tell almost everything that was going on by the noises going on, he could tell when a new person entered, often when people where cheating, even hear the click of a gun cocking, it wasnt the force, it was just familiarity, this was Snipes hunting ground, and he was a good hunter.
  Snipes sat in a stool and Lukas sat beside him at the bar, Snipes ordered a corellian ale and lukas did the same. Snipes leaned forward over his drink and listened, FA had wanted intel, and in this kind of place alot could be learned fromt he soldiers and the janitors, and any one who went near the military base.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 2:30:37 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Driving through the forest back towards the landing area Knight was thinking of his parents and how they might be involved with the invasion of Coruscant. Waving it away from his mind he thought that he would have plenty of time later to think about that. Pulling up to the hidden supply area Snipes made Knight jumped out and flicked on his flashlight to find FA's goodie bag. Seeing it he grabbed it and put it in the speeder next to him and sped off towards the city.
    Coming up on the city gate he slowed to compensate for being behind a medium sized hover truck that was moving slowly. Waiting patiently to not attrach unwanted attention he turned onto a side street and headed for the building Angel was located to give him his goodies. Coming up to the building Knight pulled into the alley next to the nicely decorated building and grabbed the FA's bag and jumped out closing the hatch behind him. Walking into the lobby Knight saw the sleeping building attendent and headed for the elevator. Pressing the call button he took out his key that JR had given him before and stepped into the elevator as a bell sounded when the door opened. Sliding his card though the reader the elevator moved to the room FA was in and he stepped out with another ding and knocked on the penthouse's door. "Room service," Knight said in a joking voice.
    "Come in," FA said as the door opened with the use of the force, "Did you get my bag?"
    "Yep," Knight said tossing the bag to his commander, "I will be waiting outside keeping a lookout and waiting for you to get done." FA nodded in approval and Knight walked outside and rode the elevator down again. With another ding he walked out into the lobby then into the street and leaned against the speeder while taking a swig from his canteen.

-----------------------
Sergeant
TRP-Raider Squad
-
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 30, 2004 3:00:08 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel could never help but grin like an idiot in the presence of high powered explosives.  Being without supplies for the duration of their stay on Bestine, Angel's ragged old pack was filled to the brim with plastic explosives, electric charges, thermal detonators, Ion bombs, and everything he could possibly need.

His favorite thing however, was his newest addition to the pack. Taking a page out of old lightsaber security devices, Angel rigged up a detonator he could sense through the Force at great distances.

Removing the plastique, Angel reached out with the Force and searched the ground below him for the locations of the main support beams. Letting the Force guide him, he moved around the room, setting charges at various points on the walls. In each mound he placed a wireless charge, tuned into the frequency emitted by the Force detonator.

Taking a moment go admire his work, Angel wondered how in the hell a nice place like this survived the nine years of war and isolation. The Imperials didn't know how lucky they were that the Vast Empire had come to their aid. Otherwise, just by the looks of things in the Republic City, the Imps were doomed to failure.

Taking his key, Angel rode the lift down to the bottom floor and walked out into the lobby. The soft snoring of the manager was still audible. As he passed through the front door, Angel tweaked the manager through the Force again, waking him from his slumber.

"Huh wha? GOOD LOYAL REPUBLIC CITIZEN!" Angel heard the manager cry out as he woke confused from his sleep.

Smiling to himself, Angel made his way to the back alley and joined Knight at the speeder.

Just then Angel's comlink beeped. "Angel this is JR, I think I've found what you are looking for. I'm transmitting coordinates now. Knight produced his laptop, and Angel plugged the comlink into the side of it as the coordinates flooded over the channel. The city map scrolled and changed as the location transfered. A bright red X appeared over a small building stuck between a machinery plant and a droid factory.

"Just what exactly is it JR?" Angel queried through the comlink.

"Old abandoned worker's quarters. There are some homeless living around here, and I figured with our disheveled looks we'd blend right in."

"Right good work." Contact Snipes and Lukas and pick them up. FK and I are going to pickup Rizz and the rest of our supplies and weapons from the landing point. Rendezvous time is...1500 hours. That's 4 hours from now. Get moving."

"Roger that sir, JR out."

The channel closed and Angel turned to Knight. "Let's get moving."

"Yessir." Knight replied, gunning the speeder towards the city gates...

-----------------------
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 3:18:37 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Seeing no traffic ahead of him Knight pushed the throttle down and sped out the gates and into the woods following a small dirt road he took a left into the woods tracking onto one of his encrypted beacons so he wouldn't get lost. Slowing down to be sure not to hit any trees the sergeant headed around a large tree and stopped next to the almost hidden hill to the untrained eye. Opening the hatch Rizzit came out to greet them. "Knight you get to work on loading up the gear and Rizzit and I are going to talk about the mission I am planning then we might be done in time to help you load up the gear." FA ordered as Rizzit and he stood next to the speeders hood and spread out a map pointing at various places.
    Rolling up the camo sensor blocking tarp Knight opened up the storage compartment on the speeder and stuffed it in the back. Moving back over toward the gear he picked up a large box of comm gear and carefully setting it in the back he moved onto the next box. Coming to having three boxes left Knight picked up an weapons and ammo crate he dropped it in the storage compartment and pryed it open. Looking inside he saw a new package of a T-21 light repeater with attached grenade launcher and ammo all neatly packed with an extra storage case to fit in a pack when the gun was taken apart for discreet concealment. Thinking to himself I am going to claim this weapon as my own and replace it with my beaten up E-11/M. Taking his E-11 out of the speeder he took the T-21 and put the beat up rifle in its place. Breaking up the repeater into its separate pieces he neatly put them in the traveling case and stuffed it in his pack.
    Putting his pack into the speeder again he was almost startled by Angel's voice as he said, "We can get the last two boxes, start up the speeder and get it warmed up so we can get out of here and check out the new base of operations JR has scoped out. Rizzit and FA both took the last two boxes and stashed them in the storage compartment then jumped in. Knight revved the engine and sped off toward the city again to unload the gear and set up a tactical base.

-----------------------
Sergeant
TRP-Raider Squad
-
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 30, 2004 4:11:54 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Passing through the city gates with relative ease, the trio of Raiders, FA, Rizzit, and FK, couldn't help but laugh at the Republic guards' ineptness.

"They have no clue what's going to happen here." Rizzit said.

"Not a chance in the world they can stop us either." Knight added.

"Hehe. That's why were the best." Angel replied.

FK hung a sharp right and wove his way through the industrial part of the citym drawing ever closer to the red X on his laptop. FK had become a very talented driver, and they arrived at their new HQ in no time.

JR had been right in his description.

This was what Angel had pictured most of the city to look like. The workers quarters were stuffed between two massice factories. Angel was very please by this, since both would make excellent targets if they needed to strike something on the way out. Also the HQ was only 3 standard klicks from the main Republic military base.

As FK stopped the speeder, Rizzit and Angel piled out and opened the cargo hatch. FK met them at the back. "Knight, take the comm gear and get our comm and intelligence center up and running. Pick a nice large room with few windows in there. Rizzit and I will unload the weapons."

Nodding his head, Knight got to work. While he busied himself running boxes of electronics into the house, Rizzit and FA loaded themselves down with rifles, grenades, blaster packs, pistols and all the various weapons that accompanied their trip.

Finding a room on the second floor with most of its floorboards loose, Angel used the Force to pull the boards up, revealing a nice, hidden "weapons locker." Rizzit and FA both stuffed their loads into the floor, organizing them by rifles, pistols, melee, ammo, and explosives. Angel finished by replacing the floor boards and moving a fairly large tabel over the boards.

The two returned downstairs to find FK putting the finishing on the comm and intelligence center. "We'll be up and running in 5 boss." Knight announced.

"Great work FK." Angel replied. The faint whine of a speeder approaching stole Angel attention away from the monitor he was looking at, but the three familiar presences that piled out relieved his anxiety.

JR, Lukas, and Snipes all barged into their new HQ. Stopped dead by the sight of the comm center, the trio patted Knight on the back and praised hs good work.

"Don't just thank me guys," Knight protested, "JR found the place."

JR received similar abuse and promises of future drinks until Angel was forced to call for quiet. "Ok settle down. I have our first mission all set up and ready to go."

Pluggin his datapad into the main computer, it projected a 3-D image of a radar attennae and station. "This is our target. It is the Republic's main radar array for the planet. It monitors both space and planetary traffic."

The image zoomed out to show its location on the island. "It in in the north end of the Republic Base and is heavily guarded. Our best bet is to 1, seize the control center, or 2, destroy its stabilizing mechanism and rotational machinery with low-yield explosives. Rizzit will brief you on the entry."

Stepping back, Angel allowed Rizzit to take centerstage. "There are two entry points. One for Fireteam Gold, and one for Fireteam Red." Rizzit began, pointing to two places on the map. "Your SL has kindly provided us with a distraction to draw many soldiers and MP away from the base. We will be scaling and repelling down the outer walls, then moving to the radar antennae." Nodding to Angel, Rizzit recded to the back.

"Upon completion of the mission rendezvous here." The map re-zoomed to show a red dot a few blocks away from their current location. "We do NOT want to compromise this location. If you are tailed, call for backup and we'll take care of it."

"The Fireteams will change from before." Angel continued, "I will be taking Lukas and JR on the Red team, and Rizzit has Snipes and FK on Gold team. Red team will be infiltrating the main base and causing a general ruckus while Gold team goes for the objective. Standard weapons will be used, but only light armor. NO bright shiney white armor."

The knock on the Stormtrooper armor brought a laugh from his troops.  "We leave in 30 minutes. Get prepped."

The Raiders sprung into action, dispersing around the new headquarters, gathering their weapons, their wits, their nerves, or whatever else seasoned shock troopers did before a big mission...

-----------------------
-

Sith Adept Phoenix

FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 4:44:49 AM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Knight downloaded the map data provided by Angel and Rizzit into his datapad and slicertool. Stuffing the tool into his pack he moved quickly to secure some grenades and his armor. Entering the room with the weapon locker on the floor he put on the armor provided and donned some combat webbing. Strapping grenades to it he also took extra ammo for his T-21. Opening the carrying case that held the repeater he quickly snapped the pieces together and looked at the weapon. Slamming a clip into the gun he checked the powerflow and shouldered it. Looking around he also saw that Snipes and Rizzit were ready, signaling for them to move out they exited the building and entered the speeder.
    Jumping into the drivers seat Knight was liking the idea of driver so he started the vehicle and drove off to get into position ahead of Fire Team Red. Checking his datapad they arrive a block down from the base and looked for a building suitable for them to make their entry. Driving down the alleyway Rizzit spotted a tall enough building right across the street from the base's duracreet wall.
    Parking the vehicle behind the building Knight jumped out and locked the vehicle as soon as their insertion gear was unloaded and everyone was ready. Rizzit cautiously walked up to the backdoor and opened it slowly. Seeing no one was  awake this late at night he cautiously walked in making sure the coast was clear. Signaling for them to move Rizzit lead the way with a silenced pistol in case anyone suddenly woke up. Heading up the stairs Knight tripped on a power cord and dropped to the floor catching the lamp before it made to much noise. Setting the lamp back down Knight walked a little faster to catch up with his group, their shadow suit soled boots made no noise as they jogged their way up to the roof to get into position to make their insertion over the base wall and into the compound.

-----------------------
Sergeant
TRP-Raider Squad
-
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 30, 2004 4:58:05 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
"Gold team in position." Rizzit voice came over the comlink muffled as they were using a secure frequency.

"Roger that, hold position and wait for my signal." Angel replied. A double click came over the com to indicate Rizzit's affirmative.

Red team was en route to the Republic base. Their insertion was going to be much easier than Rizzit's. Rounding the final corner, Lukas brought the speeder to a halt, and Angel searched for his Force-trigger. At first the Force seemed clouded, but then images flashed through Angel's head. Quick glimpses of a strage jungle, a sinister reflection, and a dark cave.

Concentrating, Angel pushed through the images to his goal. Finding the tissue sprayed wires of the detonator, Angel let a small smile cross his face as he drew the two together.

*KAKAKAKABBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!*

The streets of the city rattled as the immense explosion rocked it. Bright red flames shot up in the sky, and Angel's comlink clicked as Rizzit signaled he was advancing his team.

The front gate of the rebel compound opened, and MPs began pouring out. The three Raiders climbed out of their transports and concealed their weapons in their shadow suits.

The dark, moonless light aided the trio as they snuck around the side of the building and waited until the MPs and soldier flow ebbed and finally stopped. The main gates began to swing closed, and Angel motioned for his team to move in.

Dashing around the corner, they made it safely through the gate and immediately dove for cover as a spotlight shone right through where they once stood.

Taking a deep breath, Angel again motioned for them to move. This time they went deeper into the base, and headed for the air scrubber room...

-----------------------
-

Sith Adept Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 30, 2004 12:13:40 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 9:32:08 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon made a signal to Rema and Rema and his team move quickly but quietly down the hallway. The stopped at every open door to do a quick check for rebels, there were none.  Afyon's team was watching the back of the group, odds were eventually a rebel patrol would be returning and could possibly enter their way.  The squad arrived at the end of the hallway and Afyon decided they would split up.  Afyon's team would take the explosives and destroy the guns while Rema's team kept watch for rebels and cause a diversion if need be.  The teams each went a sepereate way down the hall.

Afyon rounded a corner and directed his team into a turbolift at the far end.  Once inside, he instructed everyone to put their silencers on incase they had to kill rebels when the door open.  He took out his pistol and finished screwing the silencer on just as the turbolift stopped.  As the doors openned, Afyon dropped to a shooting position and shot one of the waiting rebels in the head.  Kami killed two more as she hit the ground.  The rebels were stunned at first but before they could reach their weapons, Sam took out the two closest to him, both of them head shots, and Afyon fired three into the neck of the final one.

"Drag them inside the lift."  Afyon whispered.  The squad quickly pulled each of the dead rebels into the left and Kami found some grenades and ammunition clips which might be useful.  She threw the ammo into her pack and handed everyone two grenades.  In case they set off an alarm they would be useful.

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 30, 2004 8:45:50 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
The team quickly made their way down the hallway, being careful to avoid the various rebels going about their business.  By being quick and quiet, they had manage to dart in and out of rooms, to avoid soldiers heading to relieve those on patrol outside.  Five minutes later, they reached a staircase that led down to the entrance to the gun room.  The team began to make their way down then raced back up and hid against the wall beside the stairs as three rebel soldiers climbed up.  They were laughing and joking about some women they had been with the night before.  Afyon hid a sickened look and held his pistol tight, ready to fire if they turned towards the team.

Fortunately, the rebels simply reached the top of the stairs and made their way down the hall towards the turbolift.  SITHSPIT!  Afyon thought.  He looked at the other two, they both had similar expressions.  Afyon signalled them to hurry down the stairs.  The squad got up and ran down the stairs as quickly as they could.  Once at the bottom, they turned the corner and saw rebel guards at the end of the hall guarding the doorway to the gun room.  Afyon instructured the squad to wait under the stairs and wait for the rebels who went to the lift to run back down.  He gambled that they would go to the gunroom to sound the alarm.

"Rema, alarms about to blare in about two minutes, prepare yourselves for this mission to get ugly."  Afyon whispered in his commlink.  Ten seconds later, he heard footsteps running down the stairs.  The three rebels raced around the corner and down the hall, they were screaming about the dead bodies.  Suddenly, security alarms started blarring everywhere and the doors to the gunroom openned.  Afyon managed to count the pairs of feet he saw as about fifty rebels raced around the corner and up the stairs.  Once they had reached the top, Afyon signalled the squad to move out and make their way to the gunroom, now much emptier of enemies than before.

-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:35:44 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 96  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >