Topic:  Chapter 8 : Army
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
August 18, 2004 6:27:36 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
"Hey."  Anubis woke up instantly to his Squad Leaders voice.  He was in the med center, next to Vosla's bed.  She was sleeping quietly.  Anubis then turned  to Kuroishi with sleepy eyes.

"Sorry, I guess I doze off, is it time to go already?"  Anubis asked, still not fully awake.

"Yeah, I'd let you stay if this wasn't such an important battle, but we're needed."  Anubis nodded at what Kuroishi said.  "I expect you to be in the hangar and ready in 30 minutes, is that enough time for you to get into a fighting condition?"

Anubis nodded, then stood up and went to the Devastator's barracks in order to freshen himself up.  He was in the middle of getting his armor on while he ran to the cafeteria to pick up a quick something to eat.

After obtaining an energy bar and a bit of Corellian Soda, Anubis ran to the hangar, carrying his weaponry and with helmet in hand, ready for the battle that was meant to come.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 18, 2004 11:20:12 PM    View the profile of Fury 
The ship that got them into Jahnae Camp was, upon reflection, the best accommodations they were to have in days.  With so many troops and supplies overwhelming the facilities, there literally was little room to move.  Not to mention the increasingly inviting target the besieged city made as long as they remained.  Fury had to do what he could to change this.

Jahnae Camp was built alongside a tall rock spire amonst a series of rocky islands more picturesque than habitable.  After losing the capital and many urban areas to the New Republic, the local Imperials had little choice but to hole up wherever they could. 

He hastily convened a squad leaders meeting along with local unit command personnel.  The meeting room was a hollowed-out cave underneath what was once an opulent seaside hotel.  It looked like an artillery targeting objective these days.  Indeed, no one lived aboveground in the camp...not unless they were suicidal. 

The local commanders were a mix of grizzled Imperial professionals and a few guerilla band-leader types in their upper teens.  All of them seem highly capable for various reasons.  Each officer was to grab a squad of stormtroopers and spread out their power where needed most. 

Enemy forward positions included artillery emplacements, anti-air units for those who dared fly in the mine-filled skies, and a few observation posts and intelligence gathering outposts.  Beyond that were the outer defensive islands to the ring of island chains that comprised the main New Republic positions. 

The squad leaders were assigned to their individual local commanders and then all taken down to the motor pool - yet another hollowed out cave made in recent years.  With the loss of the orbital shipyards, all industrial power was focused on developing the groundside factory facilities.  Rocketjumper units were supplied from here, as was a light walker unit and a seaskimmer launch vehicle.  There were various airskimmers and the reknown skyhopper, which was of limited use in the current atmosphere.

The tech was old fashioned but suited to the planet.  New uses for old tactics would likely follow.  Mercy was probably out the window as well.  It was time to try to give the locals a hand.

-----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
August 19, 2004 10:11:27 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon took another drink from the flask and sat back, taking a deep breath to help relax himself.  The transport was shaking as the probes the Dominion had sent in front of the transports smashed into many of the mines causing a seemingly unending series of explosions.  Better the mines than us.  Afyon laughed to himself.  The transport hit the atmosphere at an awkward angle in order to avoid a cluster of mines above.  The squad was thrown around a bit as the violent entry caused severe turbulence on board.  Once in the atmospheres, the explosions continued but at a much slower pace.  The major mines were all in space in order to avoid having firey debris falling on the cities on Bestine.

Twenty minutes later, the transport landed on a large island about ten kilometers from Jahnae Camp.  Afyon asked the pilot why they didn't land in the main area but was told that to reduce air traffic, they had ordered dropships to land on nearby islands and then they would be brought to the headquarters via boat.  The squad quickly disembarked and loaded their gear and ammunition onto two boats and were whisked away.  Half an hour later, Afyon got out of the ship and was directed to the command center.  Dammit is everything underground on this planet?  Afyon wondered as he entered and threw Fury and the local commanders a quick salute.  Fury quickly assigned local commanders to the squad leaders and ordered them to prepare for battle.  Just before Afyon left, Fury walked over and informed him on the Dragoons mission.

Afyon left the command center and made his way over to one of the many supply bunkers where his local commander was waiting.  There, he was handed a diskette for his datapad.  It contained very detailed maps and information about an island chain about 25 kilometers west of Camp Jahnae.  All five islands in the chain were held by New Republic loyalists and had many defence stations that presented a large challenge to the Imperials.  Everything from anti-capital ship guns, to large cannons that covered the sea passage, to defence facilities scattered around the islands.  The Dragoons were to take their gear and whatever useful things they could find and establish a covert base of operations on one of the islands.  From there they would conduct strike operations on various New Republic targets and steal or destroy as many supplies as possible.  Ultimately, they would be taking most of the supplies for themselves since everyone here seemed to be rationing everything from ammunition to Gleen! polish.  The Dragoons would be issued 3 watercraft for this mission, they had a forward medium laser cannon on the left hand side and held 4 people plus gear.  In addition, local commanders had taken as many vehicles as they could from civilians in order to help the war effort so the Dragoons would be getting four civilian swoopbikes.  These bikes were much more open than the military ones the Empire used and much faster but had no weapons.  Afyon ordered his squad over and they entered the storage area.  The local commander informed Afyon that the Dragoons could take what they would need for a base as long as their requests were reasonable.

After thirty minutes of looking and gathering, the Dragoons had gathered camouflage netting, extra water and rations, fuel for the swoops, a proper communications set, appropriate lights, a small power generator, shovels, and eight sleeping bags.  They had also managed to get two small bundles of wood that had been gathered from many of the destroyed buildings.  Once they arrived at their base, the squad would have to work quickly to find a good place for their base and build what they could.  Afyon and the local commander agreed that the squad would examine the details of the islands and head out to the spot they decided on for a base.  They would only be taking weapons and their trooper packs for the moment.  Once they established the right spot, they would radio for the rest of their supplies to be sent by boat.  Afyon looked at his watch.  They would wait until dark before heading over to scout a spot.  If they were lucky they would find a spot and have their supplies there and the beginnings of a built base by dawn.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/GSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited August 19, 2004 10:55:45 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 19, 2004 12:08:46 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Finall after what  seemed like hours of waiting (Raiders had been first off the ship, so they landed farthest from the Jahnae Camp) their imperial transports arrived.

Angel wasn't very encouraged by what met them. What looked like an old picket boat that had seen battles since before Palpatine, the transport lacked weapons and its repulsor lifts squealed as it drew nearer.

Throwing a salute to the dirty unkempt Imperial who commanded the vessel, Angel introduced himself. "Gunnery Sergeant Nimiichi, Squad leader of the Raiders, Vast Empire Army."

Extending a greasy hand which Angel shook, the Imperial introduced himself. "Captain Tantos, Imperial Navy. I'm here to give you boys a lift." Motioning towards his boat Tantos added, "The Squirly Squid may not look like much, but she's one of the fastest ships here. If you boys hadn't blown the drop point by about 50 klicks I'd have been here sooner."

Angel turned and glared at the pilot. With a flick of his hand, Angel Force pushed the pilot off the dropship and into the sea.

"Ok Raiders, grab all of your gear and pack it on the transport. I want it all done in 5 minutes. DOUBLE TIME!"

The squad, some wet from various water fights that had broken out in their sheer boredom, immediately sprung into action. Within 5 minutes had all the gear and themeselves loaded on the the Squirly Squid.

"OK GENTS, HANG ON!" Tantos shouted as he kicked in the repulsor lifts and engaged the rear ion drive. The transport shot off towards Jahnae Camp and Angel watched as the pilot of the dropship finally pulled himself out of the water and shook his fist at the boat pulling away.

20 mins later....

"Thanks for the ride Tantos." Angel said, saluting the Captain.

"Anytime, the command post is underground right down there, by the way."

Chuckling Angel replied, "Thanks, I was just about to ask."

"Everyone does." Tantos said as he pulled the Squid away from the dock to go out and recover the supplies from the supply ship.

Shouldering his pack Angel addressed his squad. "Form up and move out. Find quarters and I'll get our orders."

True to the briefing report, Jahnae had been redued by time and warfare to little more than a bunker that served as the command post and a small town filled nearly to capactiy with all the new arrivals. "Lukas, take the squad to find quarters then contact me and let me know where you are. It doesn;t look like theres much room, and if you run into troubles call me up."

"Sure thing boss." Lukas replied, turnin towards the Raiders "Lets go guys, time to go stake our claim."

Angel watched the squad retreat into the depths of the crowd, then entered the command center. He was immediately greeted by a cheery Imperial guard who directed him to where Fury was standing.

Walking up to the General, Angel saluted, then bowed to the Astral Guards in the corner of the room.

"General. All Raiders are here and ready to go." Angel said.

"Not looking up from his papers Fury responded, "Good. Your orders are over there. Sorry for being so brief, but we already are having troubles in the skies."

Saluting and bowing once more, Angel left the general to his work and grabbed his set orders. They read:

"Angel,

Your squad is to obtain watercraft and head to the main NR island. There you need to either infiltrate the base and set up shop inside, or make your own base on the outlying islands. Once set up, work on taking down the defense grid. Supplies are limited to what you take with you. Steal and intercept what you can from the city. The Datapad contains detailed maps of the city and defense grid. Good luck."

Tucking the orders in his armor belt, Angel exited the command center to meet with his squad.

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
August 19, 2004 12:25:43 AM    View the profile of Rema 
[OOC:Yes its pointless except the armor part.]

"Everything looks good here Corporal Kami, nice job with the Gleen!" praised Sergeant Reon Elos.

"You look very good yourself Remmy...err umm Sergeant" said Kami as she flashed Rema a smile.

"Why thank you, but flattery will get you no where." Rema said smiling and continuing down the line. The Dragoons were lined up, helmets off, in a large underground cave that served as a dock for the imperial watercraft. At the far side of the cave, Rema could see two huge doors opening up allowing craft to move in and out of the enclosed space. Upon arrival, Afyon quickly departed in order to meet with General Fury, who was accompanying the ground forces, while Rema and the rest of the Dragoons waited.

"Alright you all look decent. You will make perfect targets for a rebel sniper." Rema said with a smile. As he opened his mouth to speak again, a beep came from the helmet tucked under his arm.

"At ease, double check your gear, prepare to move." the Sergeant said pulling his helmet over his head.

"Rema here."

"Rema, its Afyon. I need you to get the squad ready at the docks, there should be a boat waiting for us there."

"Righto, we are already at the docks so we will just wait for you."

"Thats good. Are you near the equipment?" Afyon asked.

"That would be an affirmative." replied Rema.

"Good, find a crate numbered IS59960. Since we are heading out in the day, have everyone change into regular armor. Ill be there shortly."

The comm channel between the two leaders of DD clicked shut. Pulling his helmet off again, he saw the Dragoons looking at him oddly.

"What? Havent you ever used you helmet comms?"

"Well we have, just havent seen someone using it. Its like your having a conversation with yourself." Zafo said.

"Greenies..." Rema muttered under his breath as he turned toward the equipment pile. After a quick search, Rema found the crate he was looking for.

"Sam and Zafo, come open up this crate." The two Dragoons moved in to lift the top off the crate. Rema would have done it himself, but he still didnt want to risk hurting his shoulder. He had spent a week in sick bay with numerous dips into bacta. He could still taste the bacta in the back of his mouth.

"Sarge, what are these for?" Sam asked looking into the crate.

"They are for you. Ditch the stormie armor for now. Bright white things arent good for being secretive. You will get them back tonight when we have established a base." Rema told the squad as began pulling his stormtrooper armor off.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  1884
August 19, 2004 5:46:37 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami sighed and dumped her shiny storm trooper armor to the side...sometimes she didn't even know why she bothered...
Pulling on the blackened armor from the crate, she resisted the sudden urge to paint war strips on her face. Zafo laughed at her facial expression, "I was just thinking the same thing...though I doubt we'd ever live it down with the Raiders."

"Alright, let's Move!" Rema shoved a half-dressed TK towards the door.
"But Sarge!?" Sam motioned desperately from the corner, "I'm virtually naked."
"Oooo," Kami let out a wolf whistle and watched two identical red spots rise to Sam's cheeks.
"Sarge..." he protested weakly, his eyes focused warily on Kami, as though he thought she might launch herself at him from across the room.
Rema rolled his eyes, "Leave the poor man alone Corporal, that's an order. The rest of you outside, you can catch up Sam."
Laughing, the rest of the Dragoons made their way outside and to the waterfront, where Afyon was overseeing the process of loading gear into the strange looking water boats they'd been assigned for this mission. Kami tapped the side of one with her toe, and was immensely relieved to see it didn't sink. Afyon grinned at her, "I've already checked them."

Rema shaded his eyes and looked at the darkening sky, "It'll be night soon, so we better get moving."
Afyon motioned towards the boats, "I've loaded the speeder bikes up, I don't want the whine of their engines getting us any unwanted attention. So for two of the boats, it's gonna be a little squishy, I've kept the third free of gear and bikes for us to scout with."

The Dragoons broke up, Rema and Zafo into the third boat, Kami and TK into the second, and a very lonely looking Afyon into the first.
"Wait!" Sam came sprinting down the hill and leapt over the side of Afyon's boat, landing amongst a pile of gear, "Sorry." He yelled to Afyon, his voice muffled by a camouflage net.
Shaking his head, Afyon flicked a few switches and brought his boat to life, "Okay dragoons...let's test out our water skills..."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/CPL kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 19, 2004 5:52:17 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
August 19, 2004 6:14:13 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas turned and walked out of the briefing room with the orders to go and find the squad a place to stay.

As him and his fellow squad mates left the command center, they walked out into the bustling streets of Bestine IV.

"Alright guys, I am going to find us a nice and reasonable place to stay", Lukas said to his fellow troopers as they walked up the busy streets.

Lukas looked around for a place to stay. The houses seemed to be all broken down, with doors missing, windows missing, as well as other various things like roofs.

He spotted a house that looked reasonably decent, it was about 3 blocks away from the command center.

The squad walked through the front door and looked around, the house had 4 bedrooms, but only 2 of the 4 bedrooms actually had beds. So it looked like two people will have to sleep on the floor. They went through the house and found a bathroom and a somewhat working shower.

"Well, I know Fallen Angel will get one of the beds, you guys can do rock, paper, scissors for the remaining bed". Lukas said to the others.

As he left the room, his fellow soldiers gave him a sarcastic laugh.

Lukas walked to a bedroom with a single window, the window was shattered and the bottom half was missing.

He put all his gear on a desk near the bed, and lied down on the moth eaten matress and rock hard pillow.

Moments later, Lukas looked out the window and noticed Fallen Angel and ran downstairs to get him.

"Hello sir, this is the best place I could find" he said to his squad leader.

Fallen Angel gave him a short nod, Lukas explained to him were his bedroom was.

"Good job Lukas" Fallen Angel said as he went up the stairs to his room.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
TRP/LCP Lukas Yuy/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
August 19, 2004 8:13:24 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
"Doo Doo Doo Doo, A pirates life for me" Zafo sung as he hooked the ship around a big rock sticking out of the water. He went on signing for another 5 minutes, then got the message to stop when Rema started throwing things at him.

"Am I really that bad?" Zafo asked.

"Nah" Rema replied with a smile "Just a good reason to throw something at you"

Zafo walked over to one of the supply crates and picked up a cardboard tube. He walked to the absolute front of the ship and peered through the tube like a telescope.

"Land Ho!" Zafo muttered to himself.

Watching the Lance Corporal with amusement, Rema laughed and said "It would be pretty damn funny if you fell in the water right now."

"A lot funnier for you than for me" Zafo added. "It'll probably happen too."

Zafo made his way back to the steering wheel and rocked the boat left to right. The island in the distance was growing from a speck to larger dot.

All of a sudden, the ship shook madly, knocking Zafo off his feet.

"Are you trying to sink this hunk-a-junk?" Rema asked.

"I swear that wasn't me" Zafo said. Ill go check to see if the hull is damaged, that could mean trouble. On his way to the hull, Zafo saw a bright green something.

"Sea Monster!!!" Zafo screamed and ran for the ships guns. He began to blast every inch of the water around the ship, but was soon stopped when was pulled away by Rema.

"They aren't suppose to know we are coming" Rema stated. "If they know we are coming before we can set up a decent base this mission will end real quick."

"Sorry" Zafo said, feeling rather embarrased now "Just, I've had bad experiences with moving things in the water." Zafo pulled up the sleeve of his shirt to show a rather nasty looking scar. "Those were they days..."

Rema looked a Zafo a tad puzzled. He was interupted by a voice coming from his comlink.

"Remmy is everything fine down there?" It was Afyon.

"Fine, fine, Zafo just went a tad crazy on something in the water." Rema answered.

"Well tell him to be more carefull, we don't want to blow our cover. Afyon out!"

"Zafo, you better head back to the wheel, before something worse happens." said Rema.

Zafo continued to steer the ship clear of any obstacles. The only other thing that happened was TK, paging Rema, saying pretty much the same thing Afyon did.

The island became bigger and bigger, until they were in the shadow of a cliff that lay before them.

"Zafo"Afyon began on his comlink. "Steer the boat alongside the cliff. We will look for some king of cave we can safely hide our boats in."

"Mmmk" Zafo answered.

They cruised along side the cliff for 5 minutes when they found the perfect spot. It was basically a section of the cliff, that went farther in, the sloped up to ground level. In this cove, there was a hook, so that the ships could be hidden and not spotted from the water.

Before we do anything, lets all meet up on shore Afyon said through the comlink.Then we will decide what to do

Not a Single Dragoon was able to make it to shore without getting a bit wet. Sam seemed to be the wetest of all.

"Must have fallen in" TK laughed.

"So Zafo" Kami said with a wie grin. "No more sea creatures?"

"So you heard about that?" Zafo laughed.

"Yup. Just heard you scream all of a sudden. Then there were all these flashing lights in your direction." Kami continued.

"All right everyone gather round" Afyon ordered "First thing we should do before anything, is find place to set up base. Since we don't want anything happening to anyone, everyone stick with the person they were with on the ship. Report back here in 15 minutes."

"Wanna check this way?" Zafo asked Rema
"Sounds good" Rema answered.

The two dragoons climbed up the hill and headed west, in search of a area to set up base.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCPL ZaFo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited August 19, 2004 8:26:38 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 19, 2004 9:17:51 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit had left the briefing with the Raiders, but did not follow them to the house. Rizzit instead broke away from the group and did some exploring on his own of the surrounding area. He of course was capable of taking care of himself, but brought two soldiers with him just in case: Valek and Signon. They followed him around, but were completely silent unless spoken to. They wore standard imperial armor, but each carried an E-11F in case they needed to do more than shoot a mynock.

As he walked around the streets, he kept getting odd stares from the civilians and other such people. Some just simply stared, another old woman in ragged clothes got to her knees and bowed to him like he was some sort of emperor. Granted, most people had ragged clothes but this one woman's clothes made the others look like they once belonged to a senator. In fact, the whole area looked like one big poor city. Rizzit thought to himself:Surely, we'd be better off sleeping on the ground then finding somewhere to stay in this city.

As if in response to his thought, Rizzit's comlink beeped. It was Lukas_Yuy. He had just found a place to stay and had FlyingKnight send the coordinates to Rizzit's datapad. Rizzit put away the comlink and checked out his datapad. From the way the map showed it, Rizzit was closeby to where the Raiders were staying. This did not please him one bit, the place was a dump: yet Lukas had found somewhere to stay? Rizzit didn't bother to ask questions, and proceeded to the spot on the map.

As he got closer to the designated area, the neighborhood got to be a bit more run-down. Every single house was either destroyed or dilapidated, and more and more people reminded Rizzit of the old woman. Finally, Rizzit found a house that was not only in one piece, but actually looked like a cozy place to live. Rizzit had caught Fallen Angel walking in the door, so he knew that he was in the right place. The house had a dirty-brown door that could use a bit of cleaning, but other than that: it looked like a nice place.

Rizzit entered the house, and noticed the floor lined with a royal blue carpet. As he entered, he noticed the squad was all huddled together discussing something.

"What may I ask is going on?" Rizzit asked, hoping to get soemone's attention.

His idea had worked, not only did it get the squad's attention, but it got him a story. Everyone explained how they got here, and how there were only two beds and Fallen Angel had already taken the first one. They also informed Rizzit, that they were going to play Rock-Paper-Scissors for the remaining bed.

"Well, if you think that I'm going to fight over a bed with the rest of you lot: you're crazy!" Rizzit commented after hearing the story from the squad. "I may be accompanying you guys, but I outrank you all: so I'm taking the other bed. However, I guess one of the rooms have a sofa in it: you can fight over that "

Rizzit left the room filled with troopers and follwed the stairs to the next floor, where he found four doors. One room was filled with cluttered papers and some ammo boxes; he made a note to make some sort of use out of this room. The next room had a wooden door that was jammed shut by some sort of force. This is where Fallen Angel had been sleeping. The next room, to Rizzit's surprise had some beat-up old communications equipment and some other rarities no doubt, but there was no time to check it out: Rizzit needed some rest. The last room, Rizzit had decided to sleep in (not that he really had a choice if he wanted a bed). Tired, after checking the area out earlier: Rizzit decided to plop himself on the bed and get some rest....

-----------------------
Captain Rizzit
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/CPT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

August 19, 2004 11:46:20 PM    View the profile of Fury 
After a career spent in indistinguishable armor followed by a year plus parked away from the battlefield behind a desk, belonging to the most obvious group that came with the drop team was a change in pace.  Wearing red armor, guarded by two royal guardsmen, and leading a squad of wide-eyed trainees made it painfully obvious. 

While the other squads either changed armor or searched for housing amongst the ruins, Fury was content to live as the locals did and found a small cave near the waterline to station the green troops.  Of course, as long as they still had rations they wouldn't eat as the locals did. There was a shocking absence of small pets and birds...or wildlife in general.  Only hungry and lethal humanoids and various alien species just as malnourished and dangerous.

Drill squad was assigned for training missions with their planetside liason Captain Bellis, an older Imperial officer with Carida credentials.  Hopefully he could bring them up to speed on the brutal reality of Bestinian combat over the next few days.

Meanwhile, Fury and his Guards compatriots were about to inflict some shock value on the local New Republic forces.  They found themselves on a light frigate, one of a few remaining coastal defense craft.  Leading them was a squad of elite commandos, a few Imperial Army shocktroopers, the remaining number young teenage assassins. 

The target was a Republic observation post which was reportedly being given an inspection by a local high ranking officer.  The post was part of an island chain abutting Jahnae Camp's zone of control, a recent change in hands that had led the Imperial position to be in its greatest dire situation in years.  Other units had been tasked to use the Vast Empire's additional power to change the momentum of the campaign.

The Bestine fighters easily strapped on their rocket jumppacks.  Fury struggled into his as the guardsmen checked each other's rigging, then his.  Thrusting high into the air like an artillery shell seemed unnatural to him.  Then again, he'd done crazier things in his military career and this had the added bonus of keeping him alive better than any alternative.

When the ship emerged near the outer range of the jump packs, the mission leader signaled they all assemble along the stern of the ship.  The frigate would swing around to port, exposing it to fire, but allowing the jumpers to land together on the target zone.  The mission would last three or four minutes; just enough time to get the frigate back in such a way for the jumpers to return.

The order came quickly and Fury felt the rocket pack jerk him off the deck and into open air.  Flying past the island's edge and the guards there, he remembered to lob a thermal detonator onto their position. He was long gone as the two second fuse ignited over the bunker.  Another thermal det was reserved for a long range artillery piece.  The other jumpers had similar, if not the same, targets.  Presumably, the guards used some Force trick to distract the opposition as the jumpers were not even fired at until they made their final approach to the observation bunker. 

Fury slowed to a hover, as did half the jump team.  Using grenade launchers, they decimated any clumps of enemy troops and a few E-web emplacements before heading to ground.  The guardsmen charged into the fray, their armor - and his - had not been diminished by years of warfare and could absorb all but direct heavy weapons fire.  He ran to back them up, using an over-powered carbine to cut through enemy armor and inflict heinous wounds amongst the intel and command staff.  One of their allied troopers fell from sniper fire.  Guardsman Bob moved faster than the eye could follow and returned a moment later with a bloodied fist.  No sniper fire came again from that quarter.

The mission leader had grabbed hold of a man wearing major's insignia.  Gesturing to the rest of the team, they began to withdraw, allowing for the shortened distance of carrying an unconscious enemy body.  Two jumps put them near the shattered line of artillery and a turkey shoot of artillerymen scattered by their previous visit.  From there, a high powered jump put them within range of the frigate. 

Only two men missed the frigate, neither of them himself he was able to say with no small amount of pride.  Behind them, series of satchel charges rang out amongst the observation post, destroying whatever equipment they were not able to deal with.  A larger detonation of a baradium bomb presumably completed the job.  With a high ranking officer in tow for interrogation, the ship returned for friendly waters.
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited August 19, 2004 11:47:34 PM)]
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 20, 2004 12:22:07 AM    View the profile of JR 
As soon as Rizzit left the five remaining RAIDERS returned to rock, paper, scissors.  After going 1-3 in the round robin stage of their tournament JR was forced to go up against a tough competitor in FK who had gone 4-0.  He was quickly taken care of by the talented trooper, who eventually went on to beat Snipes in the finals to win the couch.  Since he lost fairly early on in the tournament JR began wondering through the house.  When he came to the room with all the paper an idea came to him and he made a huge pile with the paper and lay down to sleep. 

---------------------The next morning--------------------------

When JR awoke he saw a pile similar to his own on the other side of the room and figured that another of his squadmates must have followed his lead.  Leaving the room and seeing no signs saying that the were needed right at the moment he headed to the bathroom hoping that he was one of the first to use the shower so that he would be able to get a quickie in before it broke down completely. 

When he was finished he got dressed and headed down to get a bite to eat.  As he walked into the room a voice sounded from across the kitchen, "Hey JR," looking around JR realized that he and Snipes were the only ones awake, "good thinking with the papers," he said adding sarcastically, "almost felt like sleeping on clouds."  JR grinned and sat down to eat.  Realizing that there was nothing but dry rations his mood was slightly dampened.  As he began to eat, he heard the sounds of footsteps upstairs and the clanking of the pipes as the tried to get water to run through them.

The clanking ended and were replaced by the sounds ofsomeone coming downstairs.  As the sounds approached the door the two troopers looked over in time to see FA walk into the room.

"Good morning sunshine," JR said with a grin, "and what would you like for breakfast."

FA stood there shocked at being called sunshine.  "What've we got," he finally managed to say.

"Well let's see," Snipes replied, "It looks like we've got rations, rations, and look more rations."

"You know," JR said, "for imperial food this stuff isn't half bad."

The three RAIDERS ate while more of the squad began entering into the room.  When everyone was finished their meal, FA stood up and anounced the plan. 

"We are to enter the NR city on the main island disguised as downed pilots from the fight.  Supplies will be limited so we must take everything we can handle.  Once there we will work on taking out the defense grid and steal whatever we can.  You are all to gather your stuff and make back here in half an hour."

The RAIDERS gave nods of approval and got up to pack.  JR headed upstairs and began gathering everything he had brought, making sure it was all there and all his melee weapons were on his body he bagan to make his way back down to the kitchen.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
Raiders Squad
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 20, 2004 2:34:59 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Returning to the barracks, Anubis wasn't in the best of moods, yet was in one of the best ones in ages.  After getting all excited about the possibility of going back down to kick some Rebel tail, it appears that there commision back down has been postponed due to several difficulties.

Returning back to his normal clothing, Anubis decided to use this time to go back to the med center and check on Vosla's condition.

When he entered, he saw her, still sleeping.  "How is she?"  He asked the Medic that was currently watching over her.

"She is doing well, but she hasn't awakened since her episode.  We do not know what to do with her."  The medic gave a sigh, then left the room to check on the other patients.

Anubis sat next to Vosla, and looked at her.  He remembered all of the times she had gotten him out of trouble in the past.  Anubis was somewhat daydreaming when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye.  Vosla was beginning to awaken once again.

Anubis steadied himself for what could occur.  Would she enter her one episode again, or would she be fine.  Anubis saw two green eyes open and look at him.  Vosla smiled, but then frowned at the restraints keeping her down.

"Are you okay, you're not going to go into your state are you?"  At this, Vosla frowned and looked at Anubis with a peculiar look.

"What are you talking about Anubis, unless...unless it has to do with..."  Then she stopped.  Anubis was happy that she still remembered who he was, who knows what being possessed could do to the mind.

"What is it Vosla, what happened to you?"  She looked at him, her face filled with worry and sadness.  She tried to look away, but Anubis used his hand to keep her looking at him.  "Please Vosla, tell me what or who did this to you."

Vosla shook her head, "No, no I can't tell you...if I do I'll probably end up dead.  It's a wonder I'm still alive, all I can tell you is that my employer wanted me to capture you alive."

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited August 20, 2004 2:35:20 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

August 20, 2004 7:28:14 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
After hearing the plan from Fallen Angel, Lukas got up and out of his chair and headed upstairs to his temporary quarters.

A few moments later, he could hear the footsteps of the rest of his fellow troopers coming up the stairs and going into there rooms.

Lukas went through his gear carefully, setting down every piece of equipment and weaponry he had out on the floor.

When he was finished, the equipment and weapons were spread out in a fan shape. Lukas checked his digital watch and only had 15 minutes left to get all his gear ready.

He checked and re-checked his weapons, clips of ammo, rations, and equipment rather quickly, but thoroughly to make sure he wasn't missing anything.

As soon as he got finished, he checked his watch and noticed he had 5 minutes left to get down to the kitchen.

Lukas grabbed his gear and equipment and headed out of his room and down the stairs to meet the rest of his squad.

-----------------------
FlyingKnight
ComNet Member

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  851
August 20, 2004 9:14:07 PM    View the profile of FlyingKnight 
    Having an uncomfortable nights sleep on the spring ridden couch Knight sat up and pour some of his water onto his hands from his canteen and rubbed it into his face to get him up and moving. Peeking through the door Snipes smiling said, "FA wants us to get all packed up and ready to move out."
    "Alright I will be down in a moment," Knight replied rubbing more sleep out of his eyes. He picked up his pack and opened it checking its contents which had his specially made slicertool and various daily supplies and some medical supplies that might come in handy. Also just incase he brought a shadow suit for some clandestine killing. Setting his pack down and closing it, the sergeant picked up his utility belt which had an assortment of grenades and his military grade datapad with his comm device built in. Also attaching some snoop devices and an extra comm device he set it down in approval. Moving onto his large planetary comm rig he scanned seeing that there wasn't much damage from the drop he strapped on his armor. Picking up his utility belt, pack and his comm gear he donned it all and walked downstairs to his waiting troopmates.

-----------------------
Sergeant
Frank "FlyingKnight" Carter
TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT FlyingKnight/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1]
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Caleb
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  69
August 21, 2004 1:07:58 AM    View the profile of Caleb 
Lukas And Knight were already downstairs when Caleb was still packing up.When he finish he came and jumped down from the top of the stairs to the bottum. "Hey! Dont go doing stupid stunts like that, You could bring this dump down." Fallen Angel said as the rest of the sqaud gigled. "Ok, That looks like every one. Lets move!" FA order as the men moved out. Caleb stayed at the back of the group for better protection. This was Calebs first army operation and he was indeed nervous. He hoped if he did a good job he would be rewarded. Caleb started dazing because the rise of the sun it was just morning and he always slept in. Then Knight said "Hey bud, You with us?" Caleb came out of his daze and said "Oh, Yeah... Of course..."

OOC/ Sorry for short post, I didnt realize it was time to go to Matts party already.

-----------------------
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/LCP Caleb/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Beat me the heat"
TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
August 21, 2004 1:54:01 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
TK and Kami headed north, the two dragoons felt weird as it was their first time to go into combat with partial armour such as the ones that they were wearing. Kami looked at the lightly armed TK with a slightly confused look, TK kept on walking until he finally stopped and looked back.

"...What? stop staring at me..." TK uncomfortably grumbled.
"Sarge...where's your rifle?" Kami asked.
"It got too heavy so I left it at the boat, besides you already have a rifle that'll be enough." TK answered.
"What exactly are you armed with?" Kami asked again.
"An Enforcer heavy slugthrower pistol, scout blaster, vibroblade, throwing knifes aaaaaand my all powerful anti vehicle grenade!" TK replied.
"Holy crap! you have very light weapons plus a super heavy weapon!" Kami said in a surprised manner.
"Stop complaining...." TK replied.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman
*DarkDragoons* - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 22, 2004 5:53:17 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
The island the Dragoons had landed on was relatively secluded, with rocky outcrops forming a barrier between the sea and the inner island. After hiking for a little over 20 minutes across barren fields, Kami and TK came into denser woodland and spent a few more minutes smashing through branches until they stumbled across the entrance to a small ravine. Coming to a halt at the distinct sound of running water, Kami dropped into a crouch and peered over the edge of the ravine.
"Wow..." she murmured, taking in the site that lay below her.

A small stream bubbled gently down the path of the ravine, weaving its way between patches of brightly flowered bushes. On either side of the ravine the rock had been slowly worn away, leaving overhangs and caves capable of hiding two or three fully grown wookies if needed. Calling out to TK, Kami tossed her rifle over her shoulder, then swung out over the edge of the ravine and dropped/slid down the four or so meters to the ground.

Bringing her A-280 Armor Piercing Rifle up to her shoulder, she swept the area in a covering arc, hearing TK drop down behind her.
"Wow...: TK took a few steps forwards and glanced around the small shaded clearing, his eyes coming to a rest on the small waterfall which fell down a small slope a few feet away. "The noise is going to be a problem."
Kami gestured towards the edge of the ravine, "Those trees block aerial view, but anyone coming along on foot might stumble across here. That...with the sound of running water... means we'll have to set up a couple of sentry guards."
TK nodded his agreement, "Which we'd probably have to do anyways."
Kami stepped into the interior of one of the caves and looked around, "They're pretty dry, and they go a far ways in."
TK grinned, "Good, I'm sick of hiking."

Stepping back out into the clearing Kami spoke into her helmet comm, "We might've found somewhere Sarge, transmitting you our position now."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 22, 2004 5:58:52 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 22, 2004 7:29:50 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon left his rifle and pack in the boat he came on and hopped out onto the small rocky ledge in the cave.  He clipped the water flask onto his belt and waited as Sandwich

Sam finished securing his boat.  The two then made their way out of the cave and climbed up to the area above it.  From there, they had an excellent view of two of the

islands in the chain they were in.  Afyon took out his binoculars and scanned each island carefully, taking note of the terrain.  What he wanted to find was a place where they

could set up a base relatively close to both the boats and to a place where they could store the swoops.  Afyon shook his head and made his way down the hill.  He took out

his datapad and brought up the maps of the island chains.  From what he could tell, there were good looking possibilities for where to store the boats.  One of them was

visible from the island they were on so he decided that he would head towards it to get a good look at it from the other side.  The two men made their way as quickly as

possible while trying to keep quiet.  Afyon wasn't sure if the New Republic or loyal factions had any patrols and the last thing he needed was for them to be detected before

they even had a base.

After ten minutes of walking, the arrived at a rocky hill across from the island Afyon was looking for.  Afyon climbed the hill and laid down behind a pile of rocks, binoculars

just above them so he could scan the coastline.  There was a small cave on the other island and it looked as though some moderately deep water ran into it.  The cave was

quite deep into the coastline which meant that there were hills that ran past it towards the water.  The rocky hills contained vegetation and the fact that they pertruded past

the cave into the water made it seem like an ideal place from here to establish a base.  Just as he was about to radio the squad, Afyon heard Kami announce that she and

Tk-112 had found a good spot.  Afyon quickly asked her to describe the terrain and found out that it was a hilly area with rocks and a waterfall but it was a good hike from

where the boats were.  He sat in thought for a moment and then ordered her and Tk as well as Rema and Zafo back to the boats.  They were going to head towards the

other island to establish their base.  Afyon checked his watch.  It would be dusk in five hours, they needed to move quickly so that they could begin to build the infrastructure

inside the cave in order to recieve their heavy supplies.  They needed a place to store the fuel and the swoops as well as the extra ammunition.

An hour later, the boats made their way inside the cave.  Afyon looked around at the walls as they moved deeper inside.  About fifty meters in, the cave broke into two

branches.  One continued straight ahead while the other broke left sharply.  Afyon immediately noticed that this cave had a wide ledge running along the wall, perfect for

guiding a swoop into here.  As they rounded the corner, Afyon saw something immediately that made him grab his rifle.  Straight ahead, the waterway ended and he could

see what looked like a base right in front of him.  The others quickly grabbed their rifles and scanned for enemies.

"Shall we turn around?"  Rema asked over the commlink.

"I don't know..."  Afyon replied.  "It seems deserted here, let's take a look."  The boats made their way towards a crude looking docking area and the squad tied them up. 

Afyon ordered them to spread out and search.  After five minutes, they couldn't find a sole.  The place was deserted.  There was still some equipment lying around, it was

coated in a thick dust.  "I'd say this has been long abandonned"  Afyon commented as he looked at some of the equipment.  "And judging by what's here, it seems that it was

held by the Imperial loyalists.  Odds are they paniced after the New Republic landed and abandonned this place.  I doubt the Republic knowns it exists."  Afyon continued as

he continused to gaze at his surroundings.  There were three rooms which had been made by someone drilling holes into the cave walls and it was sured up with metal and

wood.  As Afyon wandered towards one of the rooms, he noticed something strange about the wall at one point.  He pushed against it and it opened like a door revealing a

ladder.  He slung his rifle over his shoulder and climbed the ladder slowly.  THe top was covered with wood.  He pushed it up and found himself in hut made of wood and

bark.  It too looked deserted.  He slowly walked outside the hut and found himself in what looked like a small camp.  There were two other huts, some old camouflage

netting lying in shreds around it, and some other small pieces of equipment.  Whoever left here did so in a hurry.  Afyon thought to himself.  He walked back into the

hut and climbed down the ladder.  "It seems this entire place is deserted.  We will make our base here for now.  We will use the room on the left which has the wide

doorway as our garage for the speeders.  One of the rooms on the right will house our ammunition and other equipment and the third we will use as our sleeping quarters. 

Above us are three huts situated nicely in the midst of rocks and trees, ideal camouflage for a look out area.  We will set up our main radio there in order to get improved

reception.  At night, two people will man the look out area, we can plan out the defences later.  I want you all to take a look up there once it gets dark, until then its best that

we don't risk being spotted."  Afyon ordered.  "I will radio in for the heavy equipment to be brought to these caves, in the mean time lets get to work.  We need to build a

table for the radio to  sit on, racks for the fuel drums, storage shelves and bins for our equipment, and something to put our sleeping bags on.  I don't think sleeping on the

damp, wet, rocky floor will do much good for our combat readiness, maybe build something along the lines of a low table and put the sleeping bag on top to make some sort

of cot."  Afyon suggested.  He looked at his watch.  "We have about three hours before they can even think of sending us the gear, let's get to work!"  He ordered.

Five hours later, the Dragoons boarded two of their now empty boats and made their way out of the cave to escort the supply ships in.  The locals had sent all the fuel drums

on one small boat, the swoops on another, and the rest of the stuff the squad had scrounged from the almost empty supply huts in a final boat.  Zafo and Tk manned the

machine gun on each of the boats as the Dragoons held a tight escort formation with the supply ships.  Once inside the cave, they sped ahead and docked.  It took about

three hours to unload the gear, the fuel drums each took a long time to move due to their weight.  Once they finally had everything set up, Afyon ordered everyone to hit the

sack.  Tk had volunteered to do the first watch shift and he made his way up into the hut above the entrance to the base.  In the morning, they would begin radio the general

and see about their first mission.

-----------------------
SL/GSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  765
August 22, 2004 9:26:08 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo couldn't fall asleep.
Judging by the almost constant rustling of sleeping bags, he wasn't the only one.

A lot of things were rushing through his head. He thought of different missions the Dragoons might have to do, and how he'd handle himself in different emergency situations.

Be ready for anything he constantly reminded himself.
This going to be a lot more harder and intense than your first mission. This isn't just a one day deal.

Perhaps it was his non-stopping self reasurrance that kept Zafo awake, or maybe the sounds he heard that he was not used to or maybe the fact that what he was sleeping on was soo uncomfortable.

He started to try and guess why others were not sleeping, which didn't exactly help his situation.

Just stop thinking! Zafo commanded himself. You really need this rest, once the attacks begin, the chance of this base being found gets bigger and bigger.

Zafo started to drift into sleep, despite his uncomfortness.
He added one last mental note to his list.
Tomorrow...I'm making a Hammock

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCP ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited August 22, 2004 9:27:07 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
August 23, 2004 12:37:53 AM    View the profile of Rema 
"psssst, Remmy get up." came an almost unheard whisper. Rema rolled over in his sleeping bag forgetting where he was.

"Rema! Wake up!" came the voice again.

"Go away, you already checked my papers." Rema replied groaning and turning over again in his sleeping bag. Suddenly he felt the pointy end of a boot slam into his rear.

"Ow!" Rema yelled grabbing his bottom. He looked at the looming figure above him, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light of the room. "You're lucky I wasnt sleeping with a blaster. I would have given you another hole in your body."

"Aww, you would do that for me Remmy?" Smiled TK as he stuck his hand out to help the Sergeant stand. "Time for your shift. Enjoy."

Rema stretched as TK walked over to his sleeping bag and collapsed down on it. Shaking his head Rema yawned and picked up his helmet and armor. Slipping it on he grabbed his blaster and walked towards the hidden doorway Afyon had found earlier. As he holstered his blaster, Rema could hear snoring sounds wafting from the sleeping quarters.

As the XO of Dark Dragoons emerged into the little hut, a chill slithered down his back. There must have been a 10-degree temperature difference between the hut above, and the docks below. Securing the trapdoor in the hut, Rema turned and looked around. He saw nothing.

Sighing he sat down with his back against the wall of the hut. He pulled his datapad from his pocket and began fiddling with things. Only 4 more hours until daylight....

***************3.5 Hours Later****************

"About damn time." Rema grumbled as he looked off into the ocean. The planets sun was slowly coming up illuminating everything with an eerie blue light. Suddenly a strange noise caught Rema's ears, causing him to tense and look around. His sleepiness was gone, overrun by adrenaline. It took him a moment to identify the source of the noise. Animals. Throughout the night he had heard no animals, insects or anything. He had actually not heard them at all while he was on the planet.

"Must not be many people on this island. "Rema muttered turning back towards the ocean. The sun would peak over the horizon within a few minutes bringing forth a new day. The planet was actually quite beautiful if you took away the mines, weapons, and rebels. The beaches of the island were picturesque. It would make a perfect tourist location. From his spot in the hut, Rema could see one of those beaches below him sparkling in the pre-dawn light. Only a few rocks disturbed the strip of sand. Actually a lot of rocks...

Squinting, Rema could have sworn he saw one of the rocks move. Picking up his binoculars he zoomed in on the beach. They were not rocks. Rocks tended not to carry blasters and wear Rebel uniforms.

Cursing Rema dropped his binoculars, flipped open the trapdoor, and slid down the ladder. They were about to have company on the island.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

August 23, 2004 7:26:16 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Returning to the cave, he found some very warn out Drill squad members huddled by the fire and one very animated Raziel regaling the green troopers with stories of old battles.  Of course, if they lived, these soldiers would have better tales.  Tales of an Empire on the offensive and not slapping down pirates in the Outer Rim.

"Fancy meeting you here." he commented once a story of a mission he didn't even remember ended.

"I came in with some regulars on one of the last drops.  I think there are a few other stragglers running around somewhere.  Oh, our new captain wanted me to pass you along a damage report from the Dominion as well as the new codes for getting in contact with them."  Fury took the datacard and pocketed it.

"You planning on running around with us?"

"Not a Wraith to be seen for many systems.  So, yeah, if you're okay with it."

"I am, and welcome to the fiasco.  I hear we're slated to be inserted into some hellish landscape to ferret out an enemy command center.  Armor, some air and lots of ground troops.  You still planning on running with us?"

"Sounds like you'll need the extra firepower."

Fury nodded. "Just checking to see if all that desk work had wussed you out."  He ducked as a flaming piece of driftwood sailed over his head.

That was answer enough.

-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
August 23, 2004 9:04:55 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
The two guardsmen swaggered into the room as the driftwood smashed against the wall, sending a shower of burning embers in front of them.

"Oh, meet my new friends," Fury waved a hand in their general direction. "They don't talk much, but they're mean sabbacc players."
Raziel bowed respectfully to the two fearsome warriors. Raziel paused mid motion and looked up at Fury.

"Bob?" he asked, a puzzled expression on his face.

"Well, I was leaning towards Brian for a while, but that just didn't sound right in my head," his suddenly stern expression betrayed his friendly demeanour, Fury's hand twitched in the direction of his A-280 rifle.
"I don't like to repeat myself, but here we go - Stay. Out. Of. My. Head. - I don't care how fast you think you are, but if you do that again you'd damn well be moving fast."
Raziel nodded his head reverentially and smiled innocently.

"So I hear it was a bit of a rough ride down?" Raziel asked as they headed for the lip of the cave. Some of the drill squad members were still obviously disturbed from the incident.

"Yep, you know how dropships get along well with mines."

"Well, I'm sure they'll get over it and stop worrying about their life expectancy soon," Raz began to speak up and they got out of earshot of the younger troops. "Was I really like that once?"

"Near enough," Fury replied.

"Worrying isn't it,"

"What's that?"

"How many of the people you remember like that," he motioned towards Drill, "Are still around now?"

"That is a slightly worrying thought,"

"And when they ask me soon, are they really going to be ok I'm going to reply 'Sure, you'll be fine, now stand your ground'"

"Would you say It would be better to run than die for our cause?" Fury asked, one eyebrow raised.

Raziel didn't answer.

"So what exactly do you know about our next move then?"

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited August 23, 2004 9:05:33 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

August 24, 2004 12:28:18 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Timms and his regulars either rocket jumped or were ferried in by ship to the coast of the island chain threatening Jahnae Camp.  A few thousand Imperial troops fresh off a Star Destroyer were bound to gather the attention of the local defenders.

Meanwhile, a small fishing craft veered around the islands and made a midnight drop of two stormtroopers, two Royal guardsmen, and a passel of stormtrooper recruits green both in training and in complexion from having sat in the hold of a ship in choppy water all night.  The reek of sea creatures hadn't added to the experience.

Caleb had joined their ranks.  He was inspired but still a little wet behind the ears and needed to learn the value of the chain of command.  This mission would likely assist him in those few deficiencies.

After scrambling off the rocky shore, the team marched through kilometers of brambles and scrublands away from any known listening post.  Indeed, with the front moved forward, no one really seemed to be guarding this island outside of major facilities.  Then again, that was no reason to be lax in security. There would be no rescue if they were discovered early.  And, as Fury had noticed early on, no one had the resources to spare on prisoners. 

By early dawn, they were at the edge of what may have once been a lovely farming village.  At least, that was before two bulk cruisers full of artillery and what looked to be years of close quarters combat had demolished every structure to near rubble.

Fury had some of the Drill members scout out  some adequate cellars to wait out the day.  With fully functional sensor gear and the night and heat vision settings on their helmets, they were far more dangerous at night than otherwise.  For now, this village and a small township further up the line would provide proper locales to get the Drill members up to speed on the tasks they would need to stay alive on a base assault.

Movement, surveillance, situational awareness, and the limits and abilities of their armor and gear would be mandatory to not just their survival, but of those of Fury and the rest of the veterans with him.

[OOC] Raziel, Caleb - training on skulking and living off the land as you please; should you wish to advance us up to the next objective, go right ahead within the restraints given. [/OOC]

-----------------------
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 24, 2004 12:49:24 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
*Shortly before Remmy's post*

Kami hadn't been able to sleep. After six restless hours she had given up, and strolled outside to explore the island, nearly giving Remmy a heart attack as she sprang up suddenly behind him.
She followed the coastline, making sure she was behind cover until she stumbled across a small clearing which contained the remains of campfire. Suddenly on edge, Kami slid silently back into the trees, swearing softly as her hands felt empty air for her blaster. Settling instead for her preferred weapons, Kami slid both her Kuati curved daggers from their sheaths and crouched low to the ground, her ears pricked alert for any sound of movement.
Five minutes passed...then ten...
Forcing herself to remain patient, Kami waited as the sky lightened into a dark grey. After nearly an hour, her patience was rewarded.
A soft cough sounded in front of her, followed by the distinct sound of someone taking a leak in nearby bushes.

Flexing her fingers, Kami pulled the leaves in front of her gently to the side and found her worst fear standing just a few feet away...
The Rebel was young, but had the hardened look of someone who had seen a lot of battle. He was dressed in dark grey camo gear, perfect for blending into the outcrops of the island...
As if forewarned of Kami's presence, he turned suddenly, causing Kami to freeze mid-breath. She waited as his dark eyes scanned over her position, suspicion etched clearly on his face.
The Rebel hesitated, stared at the bush next to Kami for what seemed like an hour, then turned back to his business. Holding in her sigh of relief, Kami glanced up just as two more grey shapes slid out of the bushes in front of her.
"Hurry it up Matthers," One of the newly arrived troopers murmured, "We have to reach them before daylight."

Kami stifled another string of swear words.
They knew the Dragoons were here...

"I'm coming," Matther's hocked, then spat into the bushes near Kami, causing her to flinch as the glob landed on her right hand.  Kami ground her jaw...
...the bastard was going to die for that...

She watched as the three Rebels moved off, zigzagging in formation towards the coastline. Allowing herself to move a few steps forwards, she strained her neck just in time to see what looked to be two full squads of infantry join up with the trio.
Swearing aloud this time, Kami spun about, and ran off in the opposite direction.
She had to reach the rest of the Dragoons before they did...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 24, 2004 7:44:13 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 24, 2004 1:17:10 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
*Before Fury's post*

"Uh-huh...yessir...I understand sir...I'll let him know right away." Sutting off the comlink, Angel sighed. Their mission was about to get underway and they already were a man down.

Walking up to Caleb he pulled the young Lance Corporal aside. "Son," he said, "High General Fury has demanded your presence back at the command center. You are being re-allocated  back to Drill for this next mission. Upon completion you may rejoin Raiders. He expects you within 10 minutes."

Saluting Caleb answered "But sir, I wish to remain with Raiders."

"Sorry son, but you have to go." Angel replied, "Now get a move on, Fury doesn't like to be kept waiting.

Shouldering his gear, Caleb turned and jogged back towards the command center.

Well this got off to a real good start." Angel said to himself.

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Jikkyo "Fallen Angel" Nimiichi
Squad Leader (SL) - Raider Squad
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Sith Adept Phoenix

TRN/SAD Phoenix/Training 2/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
"You need guys like me." - Tony Montana
TK-112
ComNet Member

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
August 24, 2004 1:47:51 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Afyon, we've got company coming from the beaches!" Rema silently informed Afyon.
"What the hell? How'd they know that we were here! Zafo, wake everyone up!" Afyon ordered.
'Aye-aye sarge!" Zafo replied.

Zafo quickly ran to the sleeping bags and woke everyone else up. The Dragoons quickly jumped up to their feets and armed themselves, all except for TK who was still sound asleep. Zafo started to poke him in an attempt to wake him up but he was swiftly replied with a chef's knife pointing towards his face.

"Yes master chef....peanuts on the landmines master chef..." TK muttered incoherently as he slept.
"Saaargeeee! Wake up we have enemies coming in!" Zafo whispered to TK's ear.

Hearing this TK quickly leapt out of his sleeping bag, he was still half asleep and armed himself with a vibroblade, a set of knives his enforcer heavy slugthrower pistol and a wooden spoon. Rema and Afyon quitely watched as the republican troops move in closer. The Dragoons aimed towards the general direction, TK, under the influence of sleepwalking had a set of knives out in his hands. The Dragoons did not know how large this incoming enemy force was, neither have they realised that Kami was still away...

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman
*DarkDragoons* - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
kaMi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 24, 2004 2:25:08 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami watched the Rebel Commanders weave slowly up the rocks towards the Dragoons position. She followed their hand movements with a carefully trained eye, then ducked behind a log as the rear guard glanced her way. Feeling practically useless with only her two knifes, Kami gritted her jaw in frustration. She couldn't just stand here and watch them ambush her squad...

Crouching low to the ground, Kami moved stealthily down the slope in front of her, determined to get within reach of the Rebel squad. As she moved, she saw the group split into three and branch off, one aiming straight up towards the base, the others moving around in an attempt to cut off any escape attempts. Kami hesitated, then slid silently after the group that split off to the right, her eyes focused almost predatorily on Matthers.
The Rebels moved forwards in sync, pausing and continuing on as one.
Professionals...
Kami glanced over to her left to mark the other Rebel's progress. The first group had reached the end of the waterway, and had begun to scale up towards the abandoned base. The other was winding around to the side, grouped protectively around several heavy weapons specialists. Kami hesitated again, and then continued on after Matther's group.
Now was not the time to second guess herself...

She caught up to the rear guards, who had fallen back from the group in an attempt to give them more cover. Twisting nimbly about the rock which separated herself and the duo, Kami brought her knives up and swiftly slit both the trooper's throats, sending their bleeding bodies thumping softly to the cavern floor. She crouched as a trooper ahead glanced back, a puzzled look in his eyes. Sliding out her hands, Kami grabbed two grenades from one of the trooper's belts, then sat back to wait.

Matther's, obviously the group leader, halted his team at a wait signal from the back trooper. He conferred silently with the other six men in his group, then motioned three men back, no doubt to determine the fate of their comrades. Kami shifted her weight, and looked across to see the two other Commando groups stop mid-step. After a few frantic signals, the middle group split, three more men making their way quickly towards Kami's position.
Despite her situation, Kami stifled a laugh. If only her father could see her now...

The Rebel's from Matther's group were getting closer, feeling more confident now that they had additional support. One, the trooper who had noticed the untimely departure of the rear guards, led cautiously, his footsteps slow and sure. Kami waited until the group came within a few meters of her rock, then bent down and gently rolled her first grenade along the floor.

She straightened back up just in time.

The grenade blew... its roar almost deafening...

Kami heard a shriek, and took that as her cue to step out the other side of the rock, and throw her second grenade at the group of three that had broken off from the middle group. All three dropped their mouths in disbelief, before they disappeared in a flash of smoke and flame...

Kami threw herself back behind her rock as the laser fire opened up, pounding mercilessly on her position. A stray bolt grazed Kami's arm, causing her to lose her balance and fall to the floor. Curling up into a ball, she crawled back behind the rock, narrowly dodging a bolt which burned past her head.
Clutching her stinging arm, she looked over her shoulder to see the rest of the Rebels approaching.

"Now... "she muttered to her non-existent squadmates, "Would be a really good time to show up..."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 24, 2004 2:39:15 AM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

August 24, 2004 7:23:49 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas sat down in an old rickety chair in the kitchen with the rest of his squadmates, reading over a datapad.

Caleb, who was next to him, got up and walked over to Fallen Angel.

As he got done reading the last sentence, Lukas put the datapad away and looked over at Caleb and Fallen Angel talking privately.

He watched the two talking and knew it wasn't anything good, because Caleb's expression on his face went from happy, to downright sad.

Caleb saluted Fallen Angel and said a few words, then turned and walked out the door.

Lukas got up and walked over to Fallen Angel and said to him, "Sir...what just happened?..".

Fallen Angel replied, "Caleb, just got transferred back into Drill Squad..for certain reasons".

"Sir, I will pick up the slack on Caleb's part, I'll do anything he was suppose to do", Lukas said, smiling a bit.

And with that said, he left Fallen Angel to think about what Lukas had just offered.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Lukas_Yuy (edited August 24, 2004 7:28:09 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 24, 2004 7:52:18 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon sat in the Royal Barkalounger.

They were on board the Dominion, but Argon still preferred his quarters on board the old Fallen Angels ship.

As soon as this planet was pacified, and possibly before, they would be starting on Coruscant.

That could be a problem, though; Kuroishi was possibly one of the most wanted men in the galaxy, and practically any NR agent without a vision problem couldn't fail to recognize him.

Not to mention that Argon and Fish weren't too far down that list either, luckily Argon had the advantage of being of a non-human species, and therefore much harder to recognize.

Worst case scenario, they could probably dress Kuroishi and Fish as methane breathing species, therefore allowing them to be covered in airtight suits, but Argon would be hard to disguise, Whiphids were kind of obvious.

He could dress up as one of the tribesmen of his own species, the bandolier of skulls, the hefty spear, and the belt of random tools that the average Whiphid from Toola would carry, but anyone else of his species would recognize him.

It would definitely interesting, but one thing was for sure: there was no way they could enter Coruscant in the Royal Barkalounger.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Afyon
ComNet Member

August 24, 2004 8:04:38 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon shifted his position slightly in his sleep.  As usual, he was sleeping in a sitting position, his back against the wall of the cave for support.  Since his shoulder was still in a sling he found it too uncomfortable to sleep lying down.  He can't waking up off and on in a cold sweat, he still couldn't shake out the images of the three execution style murders he had committed.  He still couldn't understand how he was capable of committing such attrocities.

Suddenly, he woke up again in a sweat.  His head was foggy but he could hear someone calling to him.  Afyon shook his head a couple times to wake up and then heard more clearly.  Rema had climbed down to inform the squad that they had company on the island.

Afyon grabbed his binoculars and climbed up the ladder.  Over the beach he could see at least four landing craft and a hell of a lot of rebels.

"You think they know about the underground base?"  Afyon asked as he gazed at the rebels as they made their way over the rocks.

"I dunno sarge."  Rema replied.

"Well we'll have to chance that they don't.  Get below and grab some wood, I'll rip the handle out of the floor and cover it up with some dirt.  We will board it shut from underneath so that they won't find it."  Afyon ordered.  "Any idea where Kami is?  I didn't see her downstairs."  Afyon stated.

"She came up an hour ago and went for a walk."  Rema replied, a slight bit of worry on his face.  Afyon made a quick call to her over his commlink but got no reply.

"Dammit she didn't take a commlink with her."  Afyon grumbled.  "Ok we'll have to hope she can hold her own.  Get below, once we board up the entrance we'll split into two groups.  Ultimately we want the rebels off the island without allowing any of them to talk.  Three of us will jump into one of the boats, two in the other.  We'll fire on the rebel positions with sniper rifles and missile launchers.  Do not destroy their boats.  Once they come back to their boats which I think they will, we will race into the cave.  The boat of two will have two of the missile launchers.  THey will break left and stop.  The other one will slow down allowing the rebels to see them, the race ahead straight.  As the rebel boats pass, the team of two will try to sink them with missiles.  We can pick the rest of the rebels off once their boats sink."  Afyon ordered.

"You think it will work?"  Rema asked.

"I have no clue, but it's better than just sitting here waiting for them to find our base.  We can not let them know our exact position.  Far as I know, they know we are on the island but I doubt they know where our base is exactly."  Afyon replied.

"What about Kami?"  Rema demanded.  Afyon paused for a second.

"She's a damn good trooper, she can hold her own.  If we see her we'll take her on a boat, if not, I know she can take a hell of a lot of rebels out on her own.  She'll see the rebs leaving to chase us and will either make her way to the cave or up top to wait for us."  Afyon replied.  At least I hope she will.  Afyon thought.

-----------------------
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:45:11 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 345  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >