Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Before you make any "political" statements...

Pages:  [ << 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]   
Author
Topic:  Before you make any "political" statements...
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
  RE: Before you make any "political" statements...
August 23, 2004 5:10:12 PM    View the profile of JMac 
/me pokes his head in, looks around, then fades back into the shadows
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 24, 2004 7:32:36 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
there is a reason for the people to have high powered weapons, to fight the governmemnt when they try to take away our 2nd amendment rights, we couldnt combat m16s with hunting rifles, and yes there is reason to pepper an animal with 30 rounds froma assualt weapon, to kill it, and make sure its dead, i know people that hunt with AK-47's(albeit by law they can only use it in semi-auto and with a mere 10rd clip)grenades, high eplosives, those can be improvised, easily, with stuff under your kitchen sink.
also an assualt weapon is extremely usefull for getting rid of cyotes, that tend to travel in packs, the only that that could compare would be a semi-auto, my unlce owns a ranch and they need to kill off coyotes and wolves to defend thier cattle, thier livlihood, you cant kill off 11 coyotes with a shotgun very easy, nor a rifle, and the animals arnt all that scared of you like the ignorant fish and game idiots tell you, coyotes maybe, but wolves never. esspasialy recently as they've been getting more and more used to humans and wolves have been known to find small children easy prey in the winter when they have little food, they wont normaly bother an adult, but i mean realy, come live up here for a year and try and tell me theres no reason to own a gun, the more high-powered the better.

and ya, empire people, dictator ship within the next 100 years, we must fall, eventualy we must fall, all countrys have fallen in the past, and think about it this way, somebody invades, we beat them back, but as we're regrouping, another enemy attacks, and maybe we beat him back, another one will see we're weak and destroy us, we are not undefeatable, that was romes mistake, believeing they where undefeatable.

and as far as him shooting the little girl, shit happens, because of one mistake, or two mistakes, or the minority of people making mistakes, you would rob the rights of all others, police are incopetent. and cars are dangerous, plenty of little girls have been killed with cars, but i dont see you trying to take those away, or falling from buildings, yet i dont see you trying to take those way either, the only differance is the gun is built as a weapon, but it is only as dangerous as the user, with is what they tell you about cars in drivers ed, they're only as dangerous as th driver,

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 24, 2004 7:34:04 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 25, 2004 5:11:24 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Well, if you look at the statistics, there are 80,000,000 gun owners in the United States (http://www.winnebagogop.org/gundoctors.html), while there are 191,000,000 drivers (http://www.chemtrailpatrol.com/cp_cars_and_trucks_now_outnumber_dr.htm).  The statistics are that about 43,000 people die per year as a result of cars, and about 16,000 per year as a result of guns (not counting suicides)  (http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed113099b.cfm).  This would give you a misleading picture of things.  The data here seems to suggest that cars are more dangerous than guns, accounting for .000225 deaths per driver as opposed to .0002 deaths per gun owner.

But think about a few things.  First off, cars are probably one of the most vital components of today's economy, allowing us to get to places in fractions of the time we'd otherwise take, and while I think we should rely a bit less on cars and more on public transportation, it's still an incredible thing.  Guns, on the other hand, if we were to do away with them, would make almost no impact at all on our economy today.

Second, this whole idea about holding off the government is the worst holdover from old times I have ever seen.  I mean, if the government gets "upity", are seriously going to hold them off with an M-16?  Of course not, the government has napalm, tanks, attack helicopters, etc.  Face it, if the government gets to the point where we need to fight it, we'd better hope the military itself is willing to stand up, or we're all screwed.

Finally, we go to the point of how purposeful these killings are.  If you want to kill someone, are you going to take a car out and try to run them down?  Of course not, you're going to get a gun and shoot them.  It's this difference between deliberate violence and accidental deaths that I think is missing when people talk about how cars are more dangerous.  Personally, I fear a man with a gun a bit more than a man with a car 

Hopefully this helps a bit, enjoy.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Sergeant Major/Senior Writer, VE Today
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited August 25, 2004 5:12:43 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 25, 2004 6:12:51 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
of course tanks dont operate verywell in mountainous and wooded areas and a helecoptor is reletively easy to hide from, but still, i;d rather die fighting over my right to own a gun that meekly let them take it away. and whose to say the military wouldnt fold in on its self, its the soldiers rights being taken away too.

also, people have been rundown by drivers, on purpose, its not that uncommon.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 26, 2004 7:29:43 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
I agree that there are such situations, and I agree that would rather die for rights than let them be taken away.  But a much bigger hope than fighting the army, is that the army will protect those rights, even against its own government.

As for drivers, I agree that there are some, but the vast majority car accidents are simply that, accidents, while most gun injuries are purposeful.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 26, 2004 11:06:59 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
yes, but all i was saying is that i dont think the entire army would step up to defend those rights, because thier too, well i cant think of word, but i guess they fallow orders too well for it, i guess all i can realy do is hope none of this comes about in my lifetime, although with my luck it will.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 27, 2004 3:41:01 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Actually, if something like that goes down, I'd put bets on a similar situation as what happened in the Civil War when almost half the original Union army sided with the Confederates.  I'd say both sides would have elements of the military, as well as relying on draftees and private citizens.  Personally, I expect the electoral process to take over before we get to that stage, but you never know...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  199
August 27, 2004 4:35:42 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
You never know about the electoral process.  Don't forget about the possibility that elections could be postponed by the Justice department if a terrorist attack occured.  This sure does sound kinda like a dictatorship now doesn't it.

And some of you people say the US turning Imperial isn't possible, ha.  And what about the missile defense system.  We should very much fear if Bush is reelected because he hopes to have the nuke missile defense system up before the '08 elections, or at least somewhat.  Now why do you suppose that.

Well, here's my scenario.  Bush gets reelected(ha, never will happen, but just in case) terrorism gets worse, nuke missile defense system comes online, Bush decides to postpose election due to a real terrorist attack or possibly one that he stages, BOOM Empire.

I've fealt this way about Bush for a long time.  Don't underestimate the power hungry idiot.  We can stop him if he tried something during this election, but I doubt it if he tried something in 2008.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 28, 2004 11:33:39 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
thing about nukes is that thier more of a scare tactic and a childish "if you kill me i'll take you with me" ploy because nobody realy wants to use something that could possibly destroy the world, now i dont mean destroy in the literal sence of blowing the wrold apart, but the side effects would in theroy be sever enough that to that end nobody would win the war. and we are more or less an empire, but not imperialist wich means we arnt trying to take over the whole world, atleast not with our military, or realy just not technicaly taking it over, because i dont thing we would call iraq part of the US, but for all intents and purposes the government we set up is just a puppet.

yeah, argon, thats kinda what a meant, where the army would split, however civilian irregulars are still usefull, and even more usefull if they have atleast some equipment themselves, icluding guns and ammo, and assualt weapons.
-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 28, 2004 11:36:55 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 30, 2004 3:25:39 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Well, technically, we're verging on a new form of Imperialism.  The old form required controlling every aspect of an area, basically turning it into a colony.  Our new form is a lot easier, we set up some political body to "legitimize" our taking their resources, which is what we're really after.  It's basically a lot cheaper and easier way of doing the exact same thing 

As to Bush taking over, I'm not quite sure he's dumb enough to try it.  Trust me, this country, out of all the countries in the world, would react sooooo badly to a dictatorship, every militia in the country would rise up, and I'm pretty sure the military would be too damaged by that alone to hold off protesters and other such types.

And I think Sniper and I have reached agreement, I don't think I hold anything against what he just said about armaments 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 30, 2004 8:35:39 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
i have nothing to add argon, i think i agree with you. 

Bush isnt dumb enough to try out a dictatorship, not without an army behind him, and dont count the US army, because i'm not sure they'd all side with him, infact
im positive they wouldnt. 
-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 30, 2004 9:27:20 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

August 31, 2004 4:19:09 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Hmm, we're a bunch of pro-gun anti-Bush Democrats...excellent, everything is happening as I have forseen.

Anyway, don't put a dictatorship past anyone.  Times and people change, and if a dictatorship was formed where people still held many of their rights, it could possibly work.  I mean if someone took complete control of the government, yet people still had some voice in the government, or at least some influence, that could be a dictatorship that I see working.

That's the kind I've been planning to turn the US to, if you must know.  Remember that many if not all of the dictatorships of the past often suppressed the civil rights of people.  Anyway the future holds many possibilities, but the fact that the world will ultimately be united will mean that the US will either have to take over, or be taken over.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 31, 2004 7:10:36 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
we have too many enemys to take over, an aliance willbe formed against us and we will die, or something like happened to rome will happen, or hell maybe a general will try to take it with the US army, thats not entirely impossible. however, a dictator ship, might work, but not in the US, or atleast not one with a strong military to back it up, and nobopdy could use the entire US military to back something like that. and im not a democrat or a republican, i just kinda sit here and agree with whoever happens to be making the most sence today.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

September 1, 2004 11:38:47 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
I must say, although his spelling is somewhat lacking, I whole-heartedly approve of Sniping's last statement    I'd like to think that we all come in here with open minds and unformed ideas, but of course, if we did, no one would have an opinion and we would pretty much be silent.

As it is, I don't think we're anti-Bush, I just think the pro-Bushers have stopped writing for the moment.  Hopefully they'll get back into it so we can have a lively debate 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

September 15, 2004 11:15:54 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
You all may have thought I was crazy before, but now I've found a site that somewhat proves what I've been saying all along.

www.ki4u.com/unthinkable.htm

Go here, and read it, or at least skim through it.  It talks about how Russia and China are building up military forces.  Believe me when I say this people, the US will be invaded, and possibly soon.  A possible conflict with North Korea could only be the beginning, China could join in against us, and maybe even Russia.

Sure, some of it seems somewhat exaggerated, and I certainly don't think North Korea can reach Chicago and Washington, but possibly LA.  Anyway, I'm more scared of North Korea's army than its nukes, sure nukes are one thing, but we can just annialate North Korea w/ ours.

But to go against 1+ million troops, now that is an entirely different situation.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

September 16, 2004 2:50:12 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Honestly, I think MAD still holds.  Mutually Assurred Destruction is still in place, and still holds us at a stalemate.  In case you haven't noticed, the only wars that have happened in the past long while are wars in which one side has the definite possibility of coming out ahead (you'll notice that we didn't hit North Korea, even though North Korea really has those weapons.  No one wants to fight a war that risks MAD).  Therefore, I can't see us going up against another nuclear power, even if it only has one or two nukes.

My bet is, the advantage goes to whoever developes a working anti-ballistic missle system first (not the crap that Bush and Raegan have been pushing since the 80's, a real system).  Once a country realizes that it can win all out, it'll become dangerous, but until then, I doubt we have much to worry about.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
September 17, 2004 1:58:33 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
any sociaty is three meals away from anarchy.-Can't remember who anymore.

Empire yes definately.  Empire, Imperialism, and Dictatorships are not needed all at once to have the others.

Rome was actually a republic during most of it's Imperialistic days.

As not-nazi form fascism was explained to me we're damn close already to that, a few businesses need to be brought in line yet.

WMD's yes some have been found in Iraq unless the Dutch are lying.

Missles Saddam was not supposed to have were used unless the entire coalition and a great many news agiencies were lying.

Saddam was a bad man and to me that's enough when we're ready and not so spread thinly as we were before going into Iraq.

I also have trouble with going into Iraq first.  We got other bad men just as bad elsewhere to deal with.  If Bush Jr was actually smart he would have fooled a lot more people by going for one of those other bad men first.

Bush's domestic policy is nuttier then a fruit cake.  He can't even fund his own programs that he wanted to start.  That was during a time before 9/11.

Most of the jobs that were created that haven't even scratched the surface of even coming close to replacing the jobs lost during his administration are minimum wage.

The perscription plan for medicare is screwy as all hell too.

I also don't trust a guy that set a record for being out of office then any other president.  It kind of sends a signal to me that Bush Jr did not take this job seriously until it hit him in the face.

Kerry we can at least prove went to Vietnam, we can find the paper work and even the people who oppose his version of events claim he was there.

We can't prove anything about Bush Jr.  We can't prove if he went to the National Guard, we can't look up his criminal record, and from what we can gather he managed to make 3 oil companies he got from his dad go belly up.

Then there is the debacle in Florida.  Mess, let's not even go any farther there shall we?

Kerry I dispise as well because he seems to change what he supports depending on which waht the wind is blowing and the shape of the clouds that day.

Vote Jovev Dar'namel for President!  I think I got the name that Fury put on his e-mail correct.

Just in case:  Vote Fury for President!  That's an order Wraith Squad!  :P

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  930
Total Posts:  2064
September 17, 2004 7:10:52 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Now hold on! How can you blame Bush for the Florida debacle, just because Sore Loserman 2000 kept crying for recounts?

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer's Post 1863

He who can laugh at himself shall never cease to be amused.
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 17, 2004 1:26:24 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
and again i must pull out some paranoia on you all.

who is to say for sure that nobody has a missle defense system up? we cant be sure, even if our government knew, do you think they would tell us? no, that would also reveale for sure to the other guy that we knew about it, and as the saying goes "Knowledge is Power". maybe china has developed it, or had someone develop one for them, or russia? we cant know.

I dont like bush, i dont trust him, i doubt there was anything legitimate about his getting as far as he did, and if there was, i think he's either realy intelligent and has some scheme going on, or he realy is just an idiot and is just a puppet.

yeah, i was gonna say "Vote Nater; He'll Never win" but he didnt even get enough signitures to get on the ballot in idaho. Fury works better though.

basicaly i cant remember the rest of what you guys said, and that stupid applet at the bottum of my screen isnt working.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
September 17, 2004 2:23:33 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Bah we are back on being invaded subject again?

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  84
September 19, 2004 10:12:19 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
Yes, we're back to the invasion subject again...I think that the war on terror can be won by either Kerry or Bush, Al Qaeda is too small to defeat us.  What I worry about is what comes after Osama is dead.

It is completely foolish to think we can entirely be safe.  Who knows, China could have large stealth aircraft that it could use to invade us.  All I know is that we are meant to be invaded, the Pacific and Atlantic may be large, but they're not large enough.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1363
September 19, 2004 2:11:22 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
meant? asin fate? no i dont think so, i think we will be, but we arnt meant for it, no we contributed other things to the world, those were what we're meant for, however the hole country has strayed from its original founding beleifs, over and over again, so maybe we should be invaded, maybo not,

who says china will try to take us out? we put so much moeny into that country each year, thye might want to keep us around, who says they arnt going to go after some one else, or europe?

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous
Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  87
September 19, 2004 2:20:59 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
I truly think they'll try and take all of Asia, and maybe even try to take Russia, or ally with Russia.  A Chinese-Russian military force could then take the European Union.  Then they could either take Africa, or go straight to the US.  They could also go after Australia too.  Either way, I see China as the biggest threat we have today, equal to, if not greater than North Korea.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1366
September 19, 2004 2:26:38 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
well considering China economic power, not to mention mear man power, i would think it alot bigger than North korea, but it still leaves the fact that it probably isnt a threat for the present, but 20-30 years down the road is when we start having to worry about it, i thinnk by that time the world will have enough people in it that anything with open space will come under fire, and everybody will be looking for more places to put everyone.  if that isnt done peacefulling it will come to weapons, it always dose.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  860
September 19, 2004 7:07:09 PM    View the profile of Rema 
GAH!

We are not going to be invaded. China will not invade us. No one will. There isnt going to be another Hitler! Lets MOVE ON.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1378
September 19, 2004 7:26:45 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
HA! there has to be, and there will be, somebody will, thye have to, look at the past and you can predict the future, friend,  maybe it wont be china, myabe europe will give birth to yet another bad one, or for some bassackwards reason we might try to invade somewhere(alright here im talking extreme future) and try to take the world as our own, any of those things could happen, and atleast one of them will. romes mistake was getting comfortable. luckily if we fallow romes example iof could be another thousand years beforew we are defeated.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

Post Number:  932
September 20, 2004 7:29:59 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
I'm not going to debate this much right now, but being the local history nerd, I'm going to leave you guys with a memory of the Romans:

Their downfall was the arrogance that made them think that they'd never be invaded. Then they were overrun by a german tribe they considered to be inferior creatures.

-----------------------

Explorer's Post 1863

Anubis
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  88
September 20, 2004 1:26:07 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
It wasn't a german tribe so much as many german tribes that defeated Rome.  Al Qaeda is the first of those tribes for the US...what will be the others?

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  862
September 20, 2004 1:45:34 PM    View the profile of Rema 
*bangs his head against the wall*

Rome was surrounded by enemies. United States is surrounded by water, Canadians and Mexicans. WOOO!! THE MEXICANS OH NO!!!

More later. Trust me.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

Post Number:  944
September 20, 2004 1:57:06 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
No, it was the germanic tribes, whom Rome had considered sub-human barbarians. They overran the Roman armies and sacked all the cities in their paths. The destrouction of Roman technology like the baths and aquaducts and such is what led to the Dark Ages.

-----------------------

Explorer's Post 1863

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Before you make any "political" statements...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:58:35 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 434  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >