Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Before you make any "political" statements...

Pages:  [ << 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]   
Author
Topic:  Before you make any "political" statements...
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  109
Total Posts:  199
  RE: Before you make any "political" statements...
October 7, 2004 4:52:37 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
You can't say Bush isn't a flip-floper either, though unfortunately for the Democratic party, Kerry is a big one.  Hmm, it'll be weird if Bush gets re-eleceted, cause then Hillary Clinton will run, and the Republicans don't stand a chance against her.

Which then means the history books will list the presidents as: Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton.

Freaky ain't it?  And don't say Giuliani could take on Hillary, he so wouldn't get the Republican nomination due to his views on a woman's right to choose.

/me tosses cookies out to hordes of VEers before he gets mowed down.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  731
Total Posts:  4197
October 7, 2004 7:36:24 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I don't think so...  We'd be insane for letting her in.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1019
Total Posts:  2064
October 8, 2004 6:41:55 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Rema, you honestly think Kerry isn't a flip-flopper? He did it multiple times at the first debate! He said he thought the war was the right thing to do, then he said he didn't. He critized Bush for trying to stop the proliferation of WMD's, then said he's going to do the same thing in North Korea. And on, and on, and on. Kerry is one of the biggest morons who's ever run for President. He's biggest problem is that it's so easy to catch him in these reversals and lies (yes, I said LIES. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to give a perfect example of Kerry flat-out lying, not making a mistake of changing his mind. He told the media a specific reason why he voted FOR a bill, but Senate records show he voted AGAINST the bill.) And he isults our allies. How does he expect to build the US's reputation, when he insults our allies? Seriously! The guy needs a clue!

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy or my Chevrolet
For your Escapade or your freak parade,
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town!" -Big & Rich
Matok
ComNet Novice

Matok

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  87
Total Posts:  102
October 8, 2004 2:29:55 PM    View the profile of Matok 
Your a Republican aren't you Chip. Wearing a party badge does not give you an excuse to not understand how the world has changed over the last few years. If Kerry "insulted" American allies then that would mean Bush went beyond insulting and went straight to the rubber glove to see if things could be pulled in allied innards to give him favor (read over the news for the last year months before the war and few months post-war).

Got to catch up with the times, this isn't a month after September 11th, this is a few years after and Bush has already used up his credibility on the planet with the Iraq debacle. Anyone who thinks Bush is good with foreign politics needs to go over and read the records of the 2000 election debates. Who needs the comedy network?

-----------------------
Rafran Matok;
[GM Matok/CO/AC/ARMY/FES]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  739
October 8, 2004 2:41:51 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
True...  But would you honestly trust what Kerry is saying right now?

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Matok
ComNet Novice

Matok

Force Elite Soldiers  [ARMY]
Force Elite Soldiers  [HC]

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  102
October 8, 2004 3:52:01 PM    View the profile of Matok 
Let's put it this way... Kerry's words have not killed anyone in my family. Bush has killed three of my relatives and bed stricken two. Their blood is on his guilty and untrustworthy hands. Id rather have anyone over Bush anyday, even actors like the Terminator, Will Smith or idiots like the Beastie Boys.

-----------------------
Rafran Matok;
[GM Matok/CO/AC/ARMY/FES]
[This message has been edited by Matok (edited October 8, 2004 3:54:32 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  746
October 8, 2004 5:26:52 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Well put...  I'm not ganna say anything that's go against what your reletives did, so I'll just leave it at "What can Kerry do that will instantly make it all better?"  He can't just pull us out of there without finishing the job.  Sure, I think GW was a total dumbass going into thier, we should have just sent some Navy Seals or something, but we decided to go the hard way for some reason...  However, I do beleive that Bush would be better for the job, Kerry is just letting us here what we want to here, but he's never actually said 'exactly' what he's going to do.  Bring other countries into this?  Why would they wanna do that if he's talking down about it half the time?

(You have a minute and a half to respond.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  1612
Total Posts:  3940
October 8, 2004 7:54:19 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
yeah, this election blows, however i think i might go with the kerry flip-flopper, as aposed to the Bush gotta-kill-me-some-Saddam technique, sure, my brothers in the navy are still alive, i think, but it dosent mean i like bush for trying to get them killed over one of the dumbest things to hit this country, i mean we had bigger worrys than Iraq, hell the paper today said he was more interested in Iran anyway, albeit that might be utter crap.

i think you overestimate special forces, yeah, there better than everyone else, buit theres limits to everything, what you see in the movies isnt neccesarly how it is, out gunned SEALs would still lose, even superior training cant compinsate for numbers friend.
  -----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM! I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 8, 2004 8:01:03 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  635
October 8, 2004 9:59:33 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Well, yes, the Seals would be way outgunned.  My Uncle for instance, was an 82nd Airborne Paratrooper.  He had almost 500 jumps, which means he was a Veteran jumper.  If they had tactics like dropping in like we did the first time we went into Iraq, I think that our Army would have secured a better perimeter, rather then "Shit, lets send in all of our tanks, and all of our other shit.  HIT EM WITH ALL WE GOT"  That is not the way to go.  If we had more seals, or if our military was better trained, we would be way better over there.  And, for my Uncle, he is lucky he can't be called back into this shit, because he has medical problems, or he would prolly be dead with all of the other people Bush send over their.  THAT PRESIDENT, IS GOING DOWN!

-----------------------
Private First Class Squall
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1623
October 8, 2004 10:35:05 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
i was just saying sending in SEALs wouldnt change anything, it wouldnt have won the war if we had tried to fight it covertly, im saying it was a stupid war that served no point but to make dead people, thank you very much.  im not arguing the tactics we have no way of knowing they used (becasue that info more'n likely isnt declassified,)  gah! cant finish this train of thought damn painkillers.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM! I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous

Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  748
October 9, 2004 5:29:43 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Okay...  Dude, I wasn't actually meaning lets send in some navy seals, I was using that as an example that we could have sent in some better trained, better fortified, and better equipped soldiers to do the fighting rather than volenteers from Iowa.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1624
October 9, 2004 11:19:15 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
who realy knows except the soldiers themselves? and even them only to a limited extent, better trained is difficult, and a problem dating back to wehn the first caveman decided to get some friends and bash another guy and his friends with rocks, however it is considerabley more expensive to train everyone up to special ops standards, thats why those guys are special ops, also i think they derasticaly underestimated the resistance they would recieve, i mean how often do we realy end up in war? the most that cant be said is the occasional skirmish, however this is war and we dont neccesarly have leaders with the most experiance in this area, i cant know that for certain, feel free to prove me wrong.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  110
October 9, 2004 2:11:26 PM    View the profile of Squall 
  I just hate this god damned war....

-----------------------
-

Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  761
October 9, 2004 2:17:03 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
It would have been better than over a thousand dead...  Who cares about tax budgeting and all that crap if our boys arn't even being equiped over there...  Which is why I probably wouldn't vote for Kerry if I could.  He said that he was for the war, then against it, then for it, then against it.  Then he said we sent our troops in without the proper equipment, although he voted against supplying our troops with the latest equipment...  He's trying to make to many people happy at once in my opinion...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  115
October 9, 2004 2:23:23 PM    View the profile of Squall 
See, but we need those damned taxes, so that our boys actually have something to wear out there. Did you heard about the fact that some of the parents of our troops are buying armor, and weaponry for their son/daughter for Christmas? How f-ing sad is that shit.  I hate that we have to supply our own troops out there....

-----------------------
-

Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  763
October 9, 2004 2:33:24 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
That isn't necessarilly Bush's fault (Defending Bush right now)...  He presented it to the House of Reps, and they said no...  Bush doesn't want to raise taxes, because history has proven that doesn't work to good with the econemy...  Instead, he lowers the taxes in hopes that it will promote the idea for buying...  The more money we have, the more we spend, basically...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1631
October 9, 2004 2:45:27 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
insanity!

no, realy this actualy has very little to do with what we're talking about, but i watched like 3 minutes of the debate because they ran a rerun and i noticed dubbya is kinda funny, i dont mean being stupid, but almost making fun of kerry, the line that comes to mind most readily is "still trying to decifer that' but it was kinda funny, almost like bush was trying to win the vote by being funny. (dont get the idea i'm supporting bush, i just like shoving facts around and letting everyone else digest them, although sometimes i staple my lewd opinions on)

and for some more insanity, in the revolution pretty much everyone supplied thier own weapons, and the farther back you go in history more and more you find that people baught thier own stuffs. . . just more fact flying insanity.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 9, 2004 2:47:36 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  118
October 9, 2004 2:45:34 PM    View the profile of Squall 
I never said i was going against bush or anything, because he really is a great guy.  Besides the fact that he is a terrible president.  He was a pilot, which makes me really happy, because i love pilots.  He is a nice guy when he's not president.  I acutally think that he is having a real tough time right now, with everyone blaming everything on him. Maybe if some people would just let up, he could sort some of these things well.

I dont think that Kerry would do well under pressure.  He would crack.  Like, the night of the Debate #1, he always tried to get into what the president was saying, and that really pissed bush off, so bush let off everything he had.  The poor man didn't know what to do, but change the subject to Homeland Security.  Then, the man who was in lead of the debate, told Kerry that he was off subject, and he got nervouse.  Kerry would not have handled a situation like 9/11 very easily...prove me wrong....

-----------------------
-

Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1632
October 9, 2004 2:50:25 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
prove you wr0ng? i cant, im just spouting my insanity, Kerry would have cracked, i dont doubt that, however the more i think about it the more i think hes trying to get in for his own agendas that hes not letting anyone onto, but i hate bush so much too, my head going to explode.

second its wrong to support a person just because they where a pilot, or to even have that effect your opinion of them, i've known plenty of bad pilots, i'd count bush amoung the 'bad people' group.
  -----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 9, 2004 2:52:17 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  771
October 9, 2004 3:49:54 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I don't think he was implying that he would actually vote for somebody 'cause they were a pilot...  That's a givin. 

Bush is the better person in my opinion, maybe not the best president for budgeting and such, but he's a hell of a guy.  He knows what needs to be done reguardless of we know now...  He seems to enjoy getting things out of the way, but then he gets attacked for it, so he has to go back to first base...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  884
Total Posts:  1056
October 9, 2004 4:06:10 PM    View the profile of Rema 
The ignorance level on this thread is reaching epidemic proportions.

More from me later.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1640
October 9, 2004 4:45:31 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
well damnit it made it sound like a point in bush's favor, wich is bad; on the other hand i could see bush *maybe* being a good guy, but a shitty president, or atleast crappy anyway, the war in iraq is my biggest arguement against him,  we havnt argued this issue in so long i forgot most my other ones, lol, i'll be back with those later.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  773
October 10, 2004 7:29:24 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
So, a couple of points...

Bush is a good guy, but doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to presidential terms, but he thinks he knows what needs to be done...

Kerry might be good with other nations, but he changes his story to much and will probably lose his allies do to his 'flip-flopping', but he's good at turning points against Bush...

Neither of them have really proven anything through the debates...  Its just been defend and concquer basically...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  885
October 10, 2004 4:02:49 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Damn you people he doesnt filp flop like you think he does. Also, would you rather have an idiot keep doing the wrong thing just so he can think he is right, or a person who isnt so damn egotistical and can evolve his views to better suit the situation.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1555
Total Posts:  2417
October 10, 2004 4:49:58 PM    View the profile of Talon 
I love how no one backs up what they say with fact. It's all your own flavor of the truth.

-----------------------
OO/HG Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CEO Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1652
October 10, 2004 6:21:31 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
rema, watch a debate, hes not only flip floping but al around confusing, maybe he expects to keep us confused enough we vote for him by accident or something. meh, talon. your probably right. but then for one person to tell the whole truth is impossible.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1556
Total Posts:  2417
October 10, 2004 6:47:23 PM    View the profile of Talon 
Only when they're a politician.

-----------------------
OO/HG Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CEO Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  886
October 10, 2004 7:52:12 PM    View the profile of Rema 
We back things up with fact Tal, just of late we havent been doing that.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1657
October 10, 2004 9:08:47 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
what , your the only one here that has never produced an ounce of evidence to your cause, most of the rest of us just dont feel like repeating ourselves.

Tal, all truth is partial.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-

Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  887
October 10, 2004 9:20:43 PM    View the profile of Rema 
me with no evidence? wha?

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Before you make any "political" statements...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:37:05 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 103  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >