Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ << 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  187
Total Posts:  535
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
December 7, 2007 6:29:27 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
They left the room with the large computer smoking from where Leon had shot at it. The were walking down a dimly lit corridor. It seemed a set of backup lights had come on. There was little sign of activity.

They walked crouched low on either side of the corridors. They stopped a couple of times to take out a guard or technician who walked idly out of one of the doors which lined the corrridors. They had been walking for a while when the corridor started to curve slightly to the right.

They walked along it and found a small door marked 'Officers Only'. They walked up to it and listened. There was no sound coming from inside but they were careful not to make any noise anyway.

"Locked," Mako said.

"What about that key thing we found earlier on," Garyll said,

Mako reached into his pouch and drew out the key-card. He slid it through a small panel on the wall which lit up and beeped. A second later there was a series of clicking noises. Mako slid the door open silently.

They moved in quickly. The lights were the same as the ones out in the corridor. There was two small consols on either side of the room and a man at one of them. He looked up from the screen as they walked in. He reached for the panel but Leon shot him before he could press anything. The moved quickly over to the console dragging the body of the chair and dumping it unceremonisly in the corner.

"Looks like a security console. But everything is green," Tanus said,

"Probably some night vision setting in case anything happened to the light," Leon said.

"There all the labs," Orobos said pointing at the screen,

"Check that one over there," Tanus said to Mako who walked over to the other vacant console,

"Guys it's the cells," He said excitedly.

They all hurried over and stared at the screen. There was a couple of rodians in one cell and what looked like a technician curled up in the middle of another cell shaking.

"There they are," Garyll said pointing at one of the small images,"Looks like they're out,"

"Corridor B?" Leon said," I dunno where that is but maybe we can find a map somewhere."

"Lemme check the datapad," Tanus said pulling out the one the technician had givinen him before he knocked him out.

Just when he finished the door slid open revealing what must be the officer who manned the other console and a squad of guards who had there weapons trained on them.

They opened fire, the officer and a guard falling to the ground the other taking cover at the side of the doors. A grenade rolled into the room and they all dived into the corners. Garyll responded by throwing one out into the corridor. There was a few muffled cries and then a clanking sound indicating he last guard running away.

"C'mon," eon shouted running out of the room quickly followed by the Draggons.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited December 7, 2007 6:43:16 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  948
Total Posts:  1920
December 7, 2007 9:37:06 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
8:01:58  Mission Clock
21:13:07 local time

The darkness of the tunnel was broken only by the flickering glow of semi-functional helmet lights and the faintly bioluminescent colonies of fungus growing on the walls.

As the squad brushed against them, pods burst and relased spores into the already dusty air, choking filters and reducing visibilty.

Although the Raiders had destroyed one hive of spiders half an hour earlier, the tunnels were packed with the Gargian creatures and they were quick and agressive.

Every now and then, spiders would drop from the ceiling or leap from their nests in the walls, and the Raiders would be forced to blast them to pieces.

As yet another one of the creatures crawled from its hiding place, plated jaws moving and long, curved fangs extending, Dante fired an entire clip into the gap between its mouthparts. Even with most of its head reduced to a sticky goo, the creature managed to twitch twice and even move a leg before falling still.

The squad unleashed a hellish crossfire on the others, blasting them to pieces and setting their sticky nests on fire. As the last arachnids thrashed around before burning to ashes, the Raiders took a moment to reload. Dante stiffened, expecting yet another attack.

There was nothing, except the smell of burned flesh and the pop as the last few spiders burned.

With another hive destroyed, the squad advanced, only to find their progress blocked by a large metal plate that had been welded into place. On the other side, there were voices and Dante thought he heard the hum of computer equipment.

Rizzit made a gesture and a trooper placed a shaped explosive on the metal.

Three, two, one...

There was a flash, and cries of shock sounded from the room beyond the plate. Darr shouted "Now!" and the Raiders charged through the gaping hole in the metal.
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
*HeavyWeapons *
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Cadet

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  241
Total Posts:  275
December 7, 2007 9:59:34 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako followed the others as they chased the last remaining guard out into the hallway.  He had a good lead on them but not enough to outrun a bullet.  Mako quickly changed to his sniper attachment and kneeled to get a bead on the man.  The other Dragoons followed him further down the hall.

Mako took careful aim, as he was no sniper as of yet.  He held his breath deeply, and fired at the man's lower back.  The guard flew forward and toppled over himself.  Mako got up to move toward him just as the other 'Goons caught up to him.

"You shot him in the ass, Mako."

Mako turned red underneath his helmet.  He had meant to shoot the man in the back, maybe even miss and hit a knee, but not the butt.

"He's down isn't he?"

The man turned over slowly and tried to draw his rifle on the squad.  Urakai kicked the gun out of his hands so hard it slammed against the wall.  The man' hands curled up intp knots from the impact.  He would cooperate now.

Gates stuck the tip of his rifle against the man's neck piece, stabbing it in to keep solid pressure on it.  The man turned uncomfortably but refused to move out of the way.

"What kind of security does this place have?" Leon asked.

"I..It has the basics..you know?  Camera's..patrols...security doors..."

"Any turrets?  Bots? Traps? Explosives?

"We have manned turrets at a few places, not many droids, mostly just guards.  We have the traps in the labs, how you got caught, but no other kinds, realy.  No pre-set explosives....Please....don't"

Leon put a round in his faceplate.  Gates fired instinctively from Leons rifle going off so close.  The double shot to the head left the man ruined.  He would have no open casket service.

The squad moved down the hallway silently stalking their next position.  They had to find corribor B so that they could rondesvous with the Raiders and Rizzit.

"This way" Tanus led them on.  "Corridor B shouldn't be too far away.""
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  949
December 7, 2007 1:47:13 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent,  hostile mine/research complex
8:12:01  Mission Clock
21:23:10 local time

The metal plate shattered into a thousand metal fragments, destroying consoles and severing cables. As a piece of molten metal hit, the light, Darr waved the squad forward. As Dante charged into the room, he opened fire, sending blue energy into the hostiles inside. Several technicians caught laser bolts and collapsed to the ground. Reflected bolts ricocheted into the ceiling, and the lights began to flicker.

As Dante turned ,searching for any survivors, he saw a blur of motion out of the corner of his eye. He turned, firing blaster bolts as he did so. Despite his efforts, the figure smashed into him, creating a tiny crack in his armour, and sent him crashing into a wall.

Dante felt a coppery taste in his mouth and he saw stars dance in front of his eyes. As the enemy trooper lifted it's carbine to end his life, Dante heard a whistle and the massive armour-wearing foe fell to the ground, a vibroblade sticking from its back through a gap in its armour. On the other side of the room, Namyr had knocked off the other enemy trooper's helmet. As the massive Rodian howled in rage, she fired a clip into its head. It stopped in mid step and fell to the tiled floor with an earth-shaking crash; its corpse landed hard enough to crack the tiles.

Darr cooly walked up to Dante, retrieving the vibroblade from the enemy's back. He nodded, face expressionless beneath the helmet.

"Thank you, sir."

Darr replaced the blade on his belt and turned to the rest of the squad.

"The Dragoons should be in cell B-14. If we go through that door and go down Corridor B, we might get there before a general alert is sounded. We'll have to hurry though. One of the armoured troopers might have been able to alert the enemy to our presence."

Just what we need, more foxtrots to slag...
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  822
Total Posts:  1091
December 7, 2007 2:31:42 PM    View the profile of Leon 
The Dark Dragoons continued making their way down the tunnel, not aware of the inner conflict their Squad Leader was having. Leon kept to the back of the group, wanting to have as much privacy as he possible could.

I'm gonna go soon. My control is fading away.

OK.

Is that all you have to say?

No.

Then tell me damnit.

What's your name? I'm guessing we'll have more of these conversations in the future, and I don't even know what your name is.

Hmm... Just call me Jimmy.

Jimmy?

Yes, Jimmy, is there a problem with that?

Well that's a very strange name, I've never heard it before.

You really are an idiot. Don't you think it's a bit strange that you're talking to someone else in your head? And his name is Jimmy?

You're right, I am strange. Both of us are strange.

Indeed.

So it seems you won't be able to kill anything for a while. Mind letting me take over again? It's really boring in here. Kinda empty if you catch my drift.

No, I want to stay in this physical state for as long as I can.

Hmmm.... Well, I could always do you a favor and get drunk again, I think that's the only way you can come out.

OK, sounds good, bye.

No! Wait! You were supposed to tell me something about my past! You bastard!

Leon suddenly collapsed on the ground, his body completely limp. "Uh-oh, looks like somethings wrong with Leon. Urakai, check him out!" Shouted Orobos, kneeling over his Squad Leader.

Urakai ran over, quickly tugging his helmet off and digging into his satchel for medical supplies. "Uugggghhhh, what happened?" Asked Leon to no one in particular, rolling over on his back.

"Woooo, that was a close one. I had to give you CPR," joked Urakai.

"Please tell me you're kidding. Please."

"Haha, you think I'd really do that? Even if you were dying I would never give you mouth to mouth."

"Yeah... So does anyone care to give me a little update?" Leon asked, getting off his back and slowly rising to a stand. He received a couple of worried glances in his direction.

"What are you talking about Sarge? You were with us the whole time!" Exclaimed Garryll, sounding quite astonished.

"Hmmm, I'll explain the whole situation to you guys another time, just give me an update."

Tanus quickly briefed Leon on what had happened and the situation at hand. Leon just listened closely, feeling disgusted with himself at what he had done to the unarmed enemy troopers. Oh well, this is war, and in war, there's casualties. After a couple of minutes, Leon sighed.

"And now we're going to free Raider squad," Tanus said.

"Haha. From what I've learned in the past, Raiders don't ever need saving. And if we got out that easy, I can't even begin to imagine how easy it was for them. So my suggestion is that we find some sort of communications network where we can contact them, and once that's done, we'll proceed with blowing this fodder hole to hell and obtain some useful information along with it's destruction. Let's move out."
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2335
Total Posts:  2689
December 7, 2007 2:50:34 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury looked down below the rock outcropping he and Bob were laying on. "Hmm," he murmured. "This one is going to get tricky."

Their map had shown this to be an outpost a little larger than the first one they had run into. They had run into three more since. One they had gotten around. The other two? Well, suffice it to say no one was going to be using those facilities anytime soon.

In each instance, Fury and Bob had sabotaged each main building, rigged the vehicles to explode, and had now set mines out on the roadways, having "procured" a crate of anti-vehicle mines at the second waystation they hit.

This one, however, was not as the map described. Sure, it was a regional depot so it contained more stores, but it was to have maybe two squads of guards and techs. Right now a full company of troops and vehicles were provisioning at the site. 

They obviously were not planning to look for two saboteurs, but were likely to hit some of the squads. That said, there did not seem to be much that could be done to stop that many soldiers. The best they could do is report this in to someone.

Fury was trying to figure out just how to get around this mess. Their vehicle was back about two klicks off the main road, and another outpost was about 15 klicks up the way. They would lose their mines and their mobility. But with a company of angry troops after them, it wouldn't really matter what their gear was, they'd be dropping it.

Bob had other plans.  He looked and Fury, winked, and put his helmet back on.  Fury concentrated on sighting the nearest officer he could see. This was not going to go well for somebody.

Bob ripped two fuel lines from a tank and began whipping them about. The concentrated fuel-air mix coated vehicles, soldiers, and one ammo dump alike.  He then flipped a vehicle carrying artillery pods near the spill. One spark from colliding pod crates, that's all it took.

Bodies flew through the air and fires spread everywhere. Bob laid a hand on Fury's rifle and lowered the barrel down. Fury got the hint and pulled out a ration bar and continued to watch the show.

Bob skillfully manipulated barrels and rockets and "exploded" them towards individuals and groups of soldiers.  Those attempted to fight the fire would suddenly find a vehicle on top of them.

In short, it was a rout.

Those that remained were busy pulling the wounded and the dead out of the path of the flames and loaded them up on the remaining usable vehicles.  Then they hightailed it back towards what looked like a base camp according to the map.

What remained after twenty minutes were about two squads who were finally allowed to use fire suppression systems. Anyone who showed leadership potential were cut down by flying glass from the main building, which Bob had set alight from it's own fuel supply and fusion reactor.

After the fact someone would realize this to have been way too coincidental. At the moment though, dozens were dead, dozens more were either wounded or assisting those who were and those left were totally dazed and astounded as to their bad luck.

And Fury still had a full charge on his blaster.

"Bob, I take it all back. That Force stuff is pretty damn cool. Even better than an airstrike. Good job."

Bob grunted and took a nap. A few hours later, the fires were out and only a small detail of six were left to hold the base.  Fury and Bob went down the hill at dusk, eliminated the guards, dumped the bodies in a light tank, set charges on all the available vehicles - other than the one they weren't taking) and headed off down the road. They got another ten klicks and pulled off the road before the clock ran out on the timers. The remaining dozen or so vehicles brewed up, bringing out the contingent from the nearest waystation, which predictably ran into the mines Fury and Bob set.

Taking care of them, they ditched yet another vehicle and moved off down the hill.
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Alater Osted
ComNet Member

Alater Osted

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  348
Total Posts:  614
December 7, 2007 6:19:45 PM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
OOC:
This is back towards Gimp's post, and all involved have been informed of the contents of this post. Has no real signifigance to anything outside of this post.

Alater sat in his small tent looking over his equipment, his helmet still on. Despite the increased heat output of the suit and that of the thermal heaters provided, he was still a bit cold. Sitting around in this frozen waste land was not his idea of a mission, or even a good Hunt. Blood should be spilled warm, not cold. Infront of him lay the map of the area Paladin and Eclipse squad members were to hit. The intel was actually decent for once.

The cliff face varied in height, and strewn through out were mutliple encampments and weapons posts. Apparently the natives of this planet were not completely devoid of technology, small artillery-like guns had been frozen into the ice. The peoples themselves they knew nothing about, but they were small, quick, and not very friendly. Alater had encountered only one of them and had found the small staff-like weapon they carried to be an interesting challenge, if a small one.

"Brother." Alater heard through the tent flap, and turned to see it flip closed. From the sound of the poorly formed hiss at the end and the manner in which the word had been said he knew it to be Doc, and he didn't sound normal. Alater moved outside to see Doc's small form standing like a stone against the freezing wind blowing. Only a few troopers and technicians moved about, hustling from one tent to another to avoid the cold. Alater approached Doc, who continued to walk further away from the camp.

"Death Leader..." Alater hissed through his helmet as he removed it, and stood to place his back away from the camp. Whatever it was Doc didn't want them to be overheard.

"Brother, I need you to Hunt for me." Doc commanded, his voice stern and hard. Something in the back of Alater's mind told him this was not his brother, not the voice of the small man he had come to trust with his life, but it didn't matter. The Hunt was something no Barabel turned down, especially not with a formal request.

"What is the prey?" Alater continued the ritual, clasping his hand to his chest, and nodding. Speaking in Barabese had become such a rarity, only to happen then and again, that he had not had a chance to remember the old ways of his homeworld in such minute matters in a long time.

"I need you to do something very special for me. You are the only trooper qualified as Special Forces we have with us, and I don't need an entire squad to do what one man can do better. You know of our objective?" Doc asked, not turning away from the flurry that the ice planet had decided to throw at them. He stood like a statue, hard against anything the world could throw at him, but mournful that this was indeed his life. He had accepted it, yet learn to hate it at times.

"We are to disable or destroy a village of natives about fifty kilometers from our position. They are attached to a cliff face with a small armed force and artillery type weapons. I've killed one of their number, they are decent warriors." Alater said, running the short mission briefing over in his head. The dosier hadn't been all that large.

"Correct. I want you to kill them." Doc said, his words coming down like a hammer.

"I don't care how you do it, but I want them dead. They are a threat to our mission and need to be disposed of. Eclipse and Paladin have indeed been assigned to this, but I want them to find nothing but dead bodies and the dying. When we arrive there should be nothing that Paladin can't handle in a small skirmish. Understood? I know you are capable of this, I know you want this. Let the blood flow." Riqimo said, and turned from Alater, heading back towards the darkness of the encampment. Alater sighed and headed towards his own tent to gather his gear.

OOC:
I may edit and finish this later or I may post another post, not sure yet.
TRP/SGT Alater Osted/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC]
Sagenhaft Deutscher
Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  2159
December 7, 2007 7:13:11 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The Dark Dragoons crept through the catacombs, looking for a comm network to plug into.

Tanus, on point, suddenly raised his hand, a closed fist - the sign for stop.

Gates could see a half-dozen contacts on his radar, and, at another signal from Tanus, ran silently over to the other side of the hall. He poked a tiny cam around the corner, and saw 6 guards. They stood nonchalantly in the intersection, talking, heavy repeaters in the 'at ease' position.

"Fish in a barrel," whispered Tanus as the rest of the squad redied their weapons.

As the squad reached good cover and set up for fire, Gates did the same, kneeling and pointing his DC-15 down at the clump of guards.

At a signal from Leon, they opened up.

Red, blue, and green laser and plasma bolts tore down the hall, ripping right through the enemy squad. Two dropped immediately, not even getting off a shot. Another took a blast right in the face, as he was turning, falling with his head smoking.

The last three turned and fired. Blaster bolts pinged off of rocks and their armor. The sustained fire from the Dark Dragoons wore down another's armor, eventually shattering it and cooking the man inside.

Brilliant ricochets bounced off of the near-impervious rocks, and one found a target.

"Shit!" Garryll yelled as a bolt tore into the armor of his shin. "Dammit!"

He fired again, and the last two of the guards dropped. The squad's weapons reloaded, and Urakai bent over him.

"Not too bad a injury, all considered. Burned your armor, you're bleeding, but nothing too bad, really. Bolt cauterized almost the entire wound." He slapped a bandage and wrappings on the burn. "You should be able to walk."

"You okay, Gates?" Leon asked, which was strange, since he had been a prick since this op started.

"Fine, sarge, thanks."

"Least we've finally got our comm array." Mako remarked.

They jogged over to the terminal. Incredibly, the thing had avoided any harm by flying blaster shots.

"OK, set up, and defend this terminal while Mako cracks it and gets the Raiders on the horn."

"Copy," the rest of the 'goons said. "How about we use all these dead bodies as cover?" asked Orobos. "Might as well get something out of these pieces of crap."

"Good idea. Set up a small fort, and take cover."

Mako started to hack the terminal as the rest of the Dragoons moved enemy bodies into position.

Gates lay prone behind a corpse, and setup his bi-pod for the DC. Having finished, he checked his grenades and extra ammo.

Just as he was about to check his vibroblade, his radar lit up with contacts.

"Enemy contacts," he said, "And lots of 'em!"

Just as he finished the sentence, a dozen spiders charged around the corner.

"Shit! I hate spiders!"
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA

Allegiances may change, but the loyal will remain with the Vast Empire!

Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  952
December 8, 2007 8:40:08 PM    View the profile of Dante 

Things started to go wrong soon after the squad left the console-filled room. The first few corridors were deserted, as were the research areas. Dante started to fell uneasy.

They're pulling back...We could be walking straight into a trap.

The squad came to another blast door, this one locked down. Rizzit held up a gloved palm and the Raiders came to a complete halt. As the officer began to type feverishly, Dante and the others covered the blast door they had emerged from. He took a moment to check his motion sensor, but it showed nothing at all the room on the other side.

That means the blast door must be pretty thick. Wonder what all the security is for?

The datapad Rizzit had plugged into the terminal emitted a low whine and he cursed. In several seconds, he had started to type but much quicker than before.

“Come on….” Dante whispered between gritted teeth.

The datapad emitted another whine, this on much louder. A bead of sweat slid down Dante’s brow. With little to do other than wait for the enemy, he scanned the area and his gaze was arrested by the gleam of transparisteel. Examining the area more closely, he saw cables attached  to a jet-black cone.

A security holocamera. All they have to do is glance at their screen and we'll be tracked down and surrounded.

Trying to move as little as possible, Dante opened a channel to Darr.

"Sir,you might want to look at the ceiling, just in front of the door."

Darr did so, and ordered everyone to stand still. After a moment of consideration, he reached up, and gently turned the camera until it faced a different corridor. If the techs hadn't been looking, the Raiders should be able to work without hostiles interrupting ever few seconds.

With that little problem solved, Rizzit resumed his work. After another minute, the terminal emitted three low beeps and shut down. Darr pointed at the door, making a fist and waving it three times, the sign for heavy weaponry.

Grimly, Dante placed the anti-armour version on his deece stock barrel. The weapon beeped, and his aiming hologram blurred ,changing shape and size. Rizzit pressed a button on his datapad, and the capital-ship quality blast doors slid quickly and smoothly open.

On the other side, several of the enemy's armoured troopers stood frozen in shock. Their state of fugue only lasted for a brief moment ; they soon drew their weapons and opened fire, sending deadly crimson energy in all directions. As red and blue bolts bounced off metal and reduced expensive equipment to scrap, alarms began to blare.

So much for a low profile...

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 8, 2007 8:43:03 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  953
December 8, 2007 10:45:35 PM    View the profile of Dante 
00:00:03 units after activation of alarm

Crimson and emerald energy bolts filled the air as the guards began to exchange fire with the Raiders. Dante aimed, seemingly shooting and the ceiling, and pulled the trigger.

A gleaming grenade soared  through the air in an almost perfect arc, leaving a trail of black smoke in its wake, and blew itself to pieces in the chest plate of an enemy heavy trooper. The explosion and shower of shrapnel ripped completely through the front of the trooper's reinforced chest-plate and sent deadly pieces of molten metal flying through the room.

As pressurized gas leaked from the cooling and hydraulic systems of the fallen hostile's suit and caused his corpse to spin like a top, the last enemy sank to its knees, helmet lying at its feet and hands clutching its bleeding right leg. The alien looked up and, upon seeing the Raiders, went for the blaster carbine it had dropped. Before it retrieved the weapon, it had been shot by five blaster bolts. The hostile fell dead the ground, its corpse smoking and armour blown off in multiple locations.

Overhead, the alarms were still blaring, and Dante heard shouting and footsteps.

We’d better get out of here quickly.

Darr made a series of gestures and, as the squad moved to cover both doors, he typed a series of commands into his datapad. The blast doors slid smoothly closed, followed by a second
pair.

These guys were pretty paronoid, weren’t they?

Darr disconnected his datapad, then drew a sidearm and fired a series of shots into the controls. As the panel smoked and began to emit sparks, the squad ran towards the other door, hoping that the blast doors would delay the enemy long enough for them to escape.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 8, 2007 10:47:39 PM)]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Cadet

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  275
December 8, 2007 10:55:14 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako tried to ignore the rush of spiders long enough to get into the Comm System. 

"Keep 'em off me!"

"Off of you too!?!  Ok, we'll try."  Gates said with a smile in his voice.

The 'Goons opened fire on the spiders, dropping one after another.  The spiders were incredibly determined though, and often started moving in for the attack again even after they were missing legs or had fallen hard from the ceiling.

Mako finally broke through the communications.

"Raiders.  We have broken free from our cell.  Rendesvous at of Corridor C.  We are under fire at Comm Station C-3!  Repeat:  Rendesvous at Corridor C!"

"Copy.  Corridor C." Cam a tinny voice from the Comm Station.

With that job now finished, Mako drew his flamethrower and started to torch the spiders that had been steadlly advancing on their position.

The flames tore into the dense pack of spiders and they squealed and dropped from the walls in fiery poses.  Sticky web was building up and the corpses of the dead spiders was slowing the advance of the rest.

The squad kept up the attack.

"When this is over guys, I have some marshmallows for us to roast."

"Where did you get marshmallows?" Leon asked.

"Where did you get cigarrettes?" Mako asked in retalliation.

"Your mom didn't make those ciggies, Mako!"

"You shouldn't be hoarding those marshmallows anyway!  I am requesting that Grand General Fury contract your mom to put those in the ICS as soon as we get back!"

Leon kept firing, and so did the rest of the squad. 

Mako knew that the joke had gone too far by the sudden quiet that was present from Leon.  Maybe Leon had had too big of a day already to be joking with the squad.

Mako released another volley of flames from the tip of his torch.

"They are still coming!" Gates yelled, firing endlessly into the swarm.

OOC:
Raiders:

You can rendesvous with the 'Goons now.  Just put that you met us in Corridor C.
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  954
December 9, 2007 12:46:34 AM    View the profile of Dante 
8:22:05  Mission Clock
21:33:15 local time
00:10:08 units after activation of alarm

Raiders squad had put several doors between themselves and the research room, sealing the blast doors as they went when their comlinks crackled and a familiar but very tired voice sounded though their helmet speakers. The FOF-tag identified the speaker as a Dark Dragoon.

"Raiders.  We have broken free from our cell.  Rendesvous at of Corridor C.  We are under fire at Comm Station C-3!  Repeat:  Rendesvous at Corridor C!"

Dante quickly pulled his datapad from his belt and checked the location of the Dragoons. He was surprised to find it was in a deserted area of the facility, and was crisscrossed by spider-infested service corridors.

If they've manged to disturb enough of the colonies, they probably need our help pretty badly.

Darr glanced at his map and replied, voice distorted by the helmet speaker.

"Copy.  Corridor C."

Darr closed the connection then waved the squad forwards.

"Let's go!"

As the squad ran towards the door-seal, it was blown to pieces, sending smoke and pieces of metal flying into the room. As Dante blinked, trying to recover from the blinding light, and as his visor depolarized, red bolts of energy came through the wrecked portal, narrowly missing several of the Raiders, and blasted huge holes in the opposite wall and blast doors. Dante hazarded a look into the next room and saw a squad of heavy troopers, two of which were using E-Webs.

Darr activated his comlink and tried to contact the Dragoons.

"We've got problems of our own here. Dragoons, do you copy? Dragoons?"

Hearing nothing but static, Darr sighed and closed the channel.

"Stang."

As the enemy continued to pound the room, the Raiders began to return fire.

OOC:
Mako, I'll have us meet up in a couple of posts.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  955
December 9, 2007 2:35:41 PM    View the profile of Dante 
8:22:18  Mission Clock
21:33:28 local time
00:10:21 units after activation of alarm

As the pair of E-Webs pounded the room, it was all the Raiders could do to keep their heads on their shoulders, let alone return fire. Dante quickly fired a single shot, only to see the enemy trooper's armour absorb it with no visible damage.

Stang. Maybe a grenade would help...

Namyr took careful aim and fired, sending a trio of energy bolts into the enemy position. The first shot impacted an E-Web's generator, vaporizing the armour plating and leaving its delicate innards exposed. The second shot burned through the metal outside of the outermost power cell and caused it to explode, setting the other ones off.

They exploded in a spectacular display of flame, slagging the first weapon and throwing the hostiles who had been standing near it into the walls. Despite this, the enemy fire continued. 

Dante shouted "Fire in the hole!" and threw a pair of grenades. As yells of shock sounded from the other side of the door, there was a bright flash of light, and the enemy fire abruptly stopped.

As the squad advanced into the room, a wounded hostile tried to rise, repeater clutched in his right hand, and was put down by half a dozen energy bolts. 

As he twitched and fell still, Darr made a series of gestures. Quickly, the squad made their way through the next couple of deserted rooms, locking the blast doors behind them, and stopped in a seemingly undistinguished corridor.

After consulting a datapad, the Raiders SL took careful aim and fired several times, burning through plaster and melting a metal plate welded above the entrance to the old corridors. As cool, underground air with a faint undertone of decay drifted from the hole, the Raiders filed in, hoping that the Dragoons would survive long enough for them to reach their position.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 9, 2007 2:46:31 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  634
Total Posts:  903
December 9, 2007 5:25:52 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
Did I get it right, this time?

Duck. Run, dip, dive, roll.  Rinse, repeat. Arnaut came up into a sitting position, directly behind on eof the sparse, snow-covered trees dotting the landscape. He peered out around it. Nothing so far. His hand came up and ushered the troops behind him to move on.  Tnepres trudged up behind him, blatantly ignoring the cover of the trees.

“I don’t think anyone’s impressed,” he said sarcastically, jerking a thumb toward the remainder of the Wraiths and Iron Horses who were walking up in the same lackadaisical manner. Arnaut snorted.

“If they want to get gunned down, that’s their problem.”

The two squads, intermingling, trudged forward through the snow. There was no sign that the scouts had been there ahead of them, aside from the occasional mark on a tree trunk, or tied string around the end of a branch. They had passed through and left the pristine landscape unmarked in their wake. It made finding them a lot harder.

The only things they had to go on were the last comlink communications with the scouts and the fact that they’d left those few markers, signaling their passage. Overall, they really had no clue what had happened to the scout group, or the comlink signals, and they were walking in to possible enemy territory blind. Arnaut’s fingers twitched on the trigger of his A280 rifle. Every gust of snow was an enemy soldier, every rustle of leaves a sniper.

Arnaut stalked forward four more meters before he finally found more footprints. They weren’t Imperial standard boot-prints. Whoever had passed there hadn’t been on their side. Arnaut called back to the squad, telling them to hurry up. They weren’t alone out here.

A few more minutes walking along brought them to the ‘hot spring’, lying nestled in the snow. The flurries had already started to cover up the pipe, and it was just barely visible above the snow. Arnaut kicked at it a few times, knocking off the snow, before peering down its length to where it disappeared into the fog of snow.

“No sign of Vince or Ken,” Alan murmured over the comlink. Arnaut was surprised to hear the voice in his head. The short-range comlinks must’ve not been knocked out

“No sign of Kandy or Snipes, either,” Arnaut said, looking out from the clearing to the forests on either side. “Maybe they went to scope out the ‘encampment’ ahead.”

“Well, if they did, we should follow,” Tnepres said simply.

“Really? You think so?” Tnepres glared beneath his helmet. “Take point,” Arnaut added. “We wouldn’t want to waste such a brilliant man as you by putting you in the back of the group.” Tnepres obeyed, if a bit slower than what was called for and with a bit more foot stomping than was needed.

Tnepres led the Wraiths through the trees, at all times walking directly with the pipe, until finally the encampment could be made out through the hazy air. It was still, the buildings just dark shapes looming out of the fog. The squad halted and took a look at the place.

“Looks dead,” someone muttered over the comlink. Arnaut ignored the voice and took his first few steps into the encampment. More like a village, actually. And, indeed, it looked dead. The empty buildings stared out at Arnaut, like the skulls of so many dead giants. Arnaut felt a shiver go down his spine, and not just from the cold.

“C’mon,” he said, motioning further into the village.

There was an underlying silence, a quiet that was almost palpable, pressing down on the troopers with it weight. It was stifling and made concentration hard as the two squads combed through the buildings for any sign of their scouts.

The house Arnaut entered was musty, and looked like it hadn’t seen occupants for a long, long while. Arnaut poked through a few of the rooms, pushing through empty drawers, opening empty cupboards, closets, a basement. He peered down into the dark gloom of the basement, and suddenly had a very acute desire to simply close the door and walk away. There was something wrong about it all. Just a feeling, a deep feeling in his gut, that told him he shouldn’t go down there. He keyed his comlink instead.

“Tnepres? Get over here, I need someone to cover me.” Once together, the pair made their way down into the dark depths.

The cold of the empty house and the outside instantly abated, and Arnaut had to tone down his suits internal heaters. It was almost room temperature down there. Arnaut flicked on a switch and was surprised when two, rectangular lights in the ceiling flickered on. The generator was running something, after all.

The room they were in was pretty sparse. There was a table, three worn chairs surrounding it, small cup standing upright. In the back there was an antiquated looking computer terminal taking up most the wall. It had three terminal stations, but only one lonesome chair. Arnaut walked over to the computer, and was surprised to find no dust on it. Odd. He plopped down in one of the chairs and looked at screens and buttons. It wasn’t Imperial standard, that was for sure. Not even one of the old models. Come to think of it, it didn’t look like New Republic, either. What the frig was—

“Sir?” Tnepres spoke up suddenly, bringing Arnaut out of his reverie. He was holding the polysty cup in his hand. Arnaut cocked his head quizzically, and then went over to grab the cup. It was warm to the touch, almost hot, and filled with steaming caf. Everything clicked into place with shocking clarity.

“Oh frig,” he said, and ran for the door.

Malen, the ninth member of the Wraiths, and the newest addition, added after their last foray with the enemy to close the ranks, lifted up the vase with nimble fingers, trying very hard not to drop it with the suit. The water in it had all but frozen in the glass, making the vase dull and unwieldy. Could bash someone really well, probably…

He was still holding the vase when Arnaut’s frantic message came through. Arnaut was his squad leader, the veteran of quite a few special operations missions. Malen had a certain respect for his squad leader, almost admiration. When Arnaut spoke, Malen listened.

But as Arnaut spoke hurriedly into the comlink, Malen found it very hard to listen and comprehend at the same time.

“Sir, are you sure? This place looks as if its been deserted for quite a number of years. Everything is broken and overrun.”

“Listen to me, Malen. We have to regroup now. This place insn’t deserted, and—what was that shattering noise? Malen? Malen? Malen, are you listening?” Halfway across the village, in the farthest house, Malen had stopped listening because Malen was quite dead. The knife retracted itself from the base of Malen’s skull, and the armored man moved out into the open.

Arnaut was still furiously working with his comlink, thinking he’d lost the signal again, when the first shots rang out. Arnaut suddenly knew why Malen had stopped responding, and, uttering a small prayer to the stars for Malen’s soul, brandished his rifle and began to return fire.

Tnepres, still making his way out of the old house, heard the shots and started cursing as he leapt into the doorframe of the building. Arnaut spotted him, turned, almost got his head blown off, and sprinted to the relative safety of the house he’d just evacuated. Leaning out of the door, he blasted down the length of the road at the figures emerging from the buildings. This wasn’t good, he thought. The squads were strung out, separated between buildings, and now the enemy was bearing down on them.

A few feet away, Tnepres, crouching low at a windowsill, was probably thinking the same thing.

“Just regroup and return fire!” he shouted fiercely over the comlink, his voice cutting through all the sudden, urgent questions that had started to be voiced. That shut everyone up. From buildings, out popped the Imperial forces. In windows, and door frames, they started laying down withering fire on the enemy soldiers. The enemy soldiers who were no longer there.

“What the frig?” The street was empty. A small breeze kicked up a flurry of snow, but that was about it. Arnaut edged out of the doorway, just a little, and got large, burning graze along his left shoulder guard as a reward. Cursing his stupidity, he flung himself into cover even as the enemy troopers emerged from theirs. They poured out of run-down buildings, out from behind crates, out from behind snowdrifts, copses of trees. Seven, nine, thirteen, seventeen…too many. Way too many. And worse yet, each one was heavily armored, standing nearly a head taller than any man in the two Imperial squads. They soaked up the shots and powered forward.

“Fall back! For the Emperor’s sake, fall back!
Gunnery Sergeant Arnaut
SL/GSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [ES2] [EW2]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 9, 2007 5:31:03 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 9, 2007 5:34:07 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  959
December 10, 2007 4:35:00 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent, hostile mine/research complex
8:24:20 Mission Clock
21:37:30 local time

The tunnels were lit only by the local, faintly glowing fungal growths and the glowrods of the Raiders. They advanced through the low tunnels, stepping on pods and sending fungal spores into the dusty air. There was a crackle of static, and a desperate voice came over the inter-squad com.

"Damn it, Raiders, where are you?"

Darr touched the side of his helmet and Dante heard a crackle of static as the Squad Leader spoke.

"We're on our way, and are about twenty units south of your current position."

"Roger that. Be advised, there are at least three hives of spiders. We're shooting the buggers but more keep on appearing."

There was some background noise and the speaker yelled at someone in the background.

"Fire, damn it, fire!"

The channel abruptly closed from the other end. The Raiders glanced at each other, then started to run.

Soon, they came across signs of the carnivorous creatures. Webs coated the groups and were piled up in places. As Dante brushed a particularly thick clump aside, foul-smelling, sticky fluid dripped from it onto his body, staining his helmet and armour even more.
Between the webs and everything else they had gone through, the Raiders's once pristine sets of snowtrooper armour were covered with various stains and blackened holes.

Dante's HUD flickered and his reticle vanished for a brief moment. As Dante was reaching up to take it off, it suddenly reappeared.

A loud crunch echoed through the tunnel and Dante looked down to see he was standing not on a rocky floor but on a layer of bones. Some of them were too large to be anything but a sentient, and skulls grinned at him here and there.

If we don't hurry, this is what the Dragoons will look like.

As the Raiders sprinted past cocoons and newly-hatched spiders, they began to hear shouts and blasterfire from just ahead.

That has to be them.

A torrent of spiders crawled out of crevices in the walls, heading for the melee.

"Open fire!"

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  93
December 10, 2007 6:47:45 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
"Fall back!" yelled Leon, as the squad blasted spider after spider. A wall of spider bodies was in the middle of the squad's firing lane.

Gates lept up to keeling, and almost was killed. A spider jumped to within inches of his face plate. He grabbed the pincers, feeling it trying to crush into his face and suck his guts out. Garryll ripped at the thing, stressing its neck far further than a human's would go before it broke.

"Uh, help?" Gates screamed into the comm.

Orobos's melee weapon carved the spider apart, and it twitched and died.

"Thanks, I owe you." Gates said, as the Dragoons fell back, firing into the swarm.

"No problem," grunted the large stormtrooper, firing his blaster as well.

"Raiders! Where the hell are you?" Tanus and Leon said into their squad comms.

"Right where we told you we'd be! corridor C! Tons of spiders!" The connection dissolved into static.

"Shit! Move it! Go, go go!" Leon ordered, and the squad broke and ran for the RV point. "Someone drop some explosives and cover our retreat!"

"On it, sarge!" Gates responded, dropping a trio of grenades into the hall, setting their detectors to max.

The squad charged toward the blaster fire, to see a scene straight from hell. A squad of the Empire's finest were firing into a literal wave of spiders from Satan. The Dragoons reloaded and charged right into the frenzy.

"Fire, fire!"
"Watch it! Watch your six!"
"Kill it!"
"Torch 'em! Kill 'em all!"
"My god! Are they ever gonna quit?"
"Yah! Ya want some more? I got plenty!"
"Hey look! Goons! Late for the party like usual, Leon!"

Gates heard the grenades he'd dropped earlier detonate. "Sir! More spiders incoming! We gotta get outta here, ASAP!"

TRP/CRP Gates/Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA

Ken Alibek
ComNet n00b

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  199
December 11, 2007 12:31:59 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
Vince and Ken advanced ahead of the rest of Iron Horse, instructed by Alan to scout ahead for booby traps, ambushes, or any other useful information. Despite the cold, Ken was sweating into his suit. Being isolated from the rest of the squad frightened him, but Vince's quiet confidence shamed him. He sucked it up and moved up, flipping through his helmet's various optical modes every few seconds.

After scouting out about a half mile, Ken and Vince stopped to check in with the squad leader. Ken keyed his mic. "Sarge, this is Ken. Come in."

Alan quickly came back, with a distinct scratchiness in the transmission. "Ken, Sarge here. Find anything yet?"

Ken replied, "No, sarge, nothing yet."

"Alright. Keep on goin'. Regular reports. Sarge out."

The routine continued, and several more reports were made. Finally, Vince spotted something on the IR view.

"Ken, switch to IR, look north. Can you make that out? Those scattered residuals?" Vince asked.

Ken switched to IR and scanned the horizon to the north. He smiled. "Yeah, I see it! Lemme make a report, then we'll get closer."

Ken keyed his mic and eagerly transmitted. "Sarge, this is Ken! Come in! We found something!"

"Sarge? Are you there? Alan? Dwarf? Anyone?"

"Shit," Ken muttered. "Vince, try your comlink. Mine's not working." Vince nodded and tried on his own, while Ken crouched and took off his helmet. Trying to keep his back to the wind, Ken removed his gloves and examined the internal comlink. He couldn't find anything wrong before his hands starting going numb, so he growled and put his helmet and gloves back on. He couldn't do much without tools, and whatever was wrong either wasn't in the comlink or was too minute to be seen unaided. Vince shook his head and gave him the answer.

"Mine's no good either," Vince said. "I think they've got some kind of interference running from that heat source. Can't be too powerful, since we can still hear each other OK. Come on, let's go."

Ken looked around, then asked, "If our comlinks are being jammed, shouldn't we rendezvous with the rest of the squad?"

"They're coming this way, right? They'll find this heat source and get close enough for us to talk to them. Let's have intel for them when they arrive. Come on."

Private First Class Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/PFC Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  961
December 11, 2007 6:59:59 AM    View the profile of Dante 
8:21:23 Mission Clock
21:38:33 local time

Blue energy bolts tore into armoured and boneless flesh, ripping it apart. Legs and body parts flew in all direction, sending thick, olive-green fluid everywhere. As the spiders paused, unsure whether to act on the clear danger or to continue to follow the pheromone trail, several shells from Dante's deece soared into their midst and exploded, consuming the creatures in a massive fireball.

A cloud of dust filled the air, and Dante started to report. As the other squad members reloaded their weapons, Rizzit walked over to the large pile of rocks that stood where a yawning crevice had been only moments before. There was a twitching spider leg sticking out of the pile, and Dante could hear the spiders scratching at the rocks and angrily vocalizing on the other side.

Rizzit casually crushed the insect's limb with the butt of his rifle and turned to the main passage. The sound of blaster fire, contrary to Dante's fears, had not died. If anything, it had increased.

That means they're still alive.

The Raiders followed Rizzit's lead, running as fast as they could in the armour, sending puffs of dust flying into the web-covered air. The corridor they were running through suddenly became cavernous. Dante scanned the area and saw a horde of spiders on all sides. Every square inch of wall was covered in sticky webbing, with the damnable fungus growing on the floor.

There was a loud crunch as Dante stepped on a rodent skull, and all activity in the chamber stopped. He felt every single faceted eye in the chamber focus on him in that moment, and his hand dropped down to his blaster.

As he scanned the massive area tunneled out of the rock by the Gargian spiders, he saw small, white creatures being carefully carried away from the room.

This must be a nursery. Just our luck.

As Dante quickly switched back to the anti-armour variant of his deece, the spiders twitched then charged as one. The torrent of invertebrates flowed towards the Raiders's position in the cave.

Emperor's black bones, there are so many of them!

Finger tightening on the trigger, Dante let sent a trio of shells into the formation. Elsewhere, grenades and concentrated blaster fire were thinning the enemy ranks. As their casualties registered, the spiders stopped in confusion for a brief moment, then resumed the offensive.

Dante started to reload, then realized he was out of the anti-armour  rounds.

Stang.

Letting the heavy weapons attachment fall to the floor, he opened fire, sending bright blue energy into the enemy's ranks.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  962
December 12, 2007 9:37:56 AM    View the profile of Dante 
8:22:28 Mission Clock
21:40:38 local time

It was around this time that the Dragoons showed up, firing into the swarms. Confused, the creatures paused, only to be stopped forever by blaster fire and a couple of well placed grenades.

Here and there, one of the creatures tried to attack the VE positions, but those individuals were quickly terminated by a volley of blaster bolts.

There was a shriek, and Dante saw that one of the larger specimens had sunk to the ground, its severed leg smoking on the ground. Despite the loss of its limb, it still lunged for the Raiders. Dante pumped half a clip into the space between it's mouthpieces and was gratified to see it fall to the floor, its armoured corpse smoking and limbs scattered around it.

Another one of the creatures leaped through the air, all eight limbs flailing and mouth parts clacking like an empty skull. It landed with a thump, and dull green fluid oozed from a joint in one of its legs. Despite it's injury, the  spider hissed and attempted to leap on one of the Dragoons. It fell heavily to the ground before it had gone half a meter, its shell leaking body fluids where over half a dozen blaster bolts had penetrated it. The scene was repeated dozens of times, with maimed and dying spiders covering the ground.

Alien flesh melted under a withering barrage of fire and exoskeletons popped like firecrackers. The stand had become a rout, and then a slaughter. Taken by surprise, the spiders began retreating back into the walls, carrying their larvae in their claws. As the last dying spiders twitched and died, Dante allowed himself to relax for the first time since he entered the mines.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  965
December 12, 2007 9:22:55 PM    View the profile of Dante 
8:23:31 Mission Clock
21:41:41 local time

The sound of hissing seals filled the air as many, Dante included, took off their sweat-filled helmets. As he tucked his battered and dented headpiece under his arm, he took a deep breath and almost retched in disgust. The air was putrid beyond measure, with the rotting body parts of the spiders victims and the wastes of the creatures themselves sending their foul odors into the air. Dante took a second, much smaller sniff and decided that he had smelled worse.

But not recently. Star's End, this place smells like a cross between a refresher station's solid waste tank and Hutt slime.

He quickly replaced the helmet, and was thankful for the filters that made the the clean and odorless air possible.

Darr turned to face the squads, helmet held in his left hand. The thin beams of bright white light from the glowrods and the dull green glow of the mats of fungus were enough for Dante to make his face out. The thin streams of light wavered this way and that, casting distorted and over sized shadows over the cave walls.

The Raiders Squad Leader nodded at Leon and spoke.

"Bit late, weren't you? What took you so long?"

The joking tone in his voice removed any possibility of the latter taking offense.

"A few of the locals were a bit too friendly."

Dante barely managed to keep a straight face, although in the near-complete darkness and with his helmet on it hardly mattered.

As Darr opened his mouth to reply, there was a clacking noise and the sound of many clawed feet scratching on a stone floor. Worse still, the sound was growing louder.

"Looks like the buggers are ready for round two..." Dante muttered under his breath. Rizzit heard him and replied.

"We're not staying around for round two. We'll exit through one of the corridors and blow the exit down behind us."

Oh well. If it doesn't work, at least we'll go out with a bang...

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  963
December 14, 2007 5:40:24 PM    View the profile of Dante 
8:23:31 Mission Clock
21:41:41 local time

As the armoured Raiders and Dragoon troopers ran for cover, Dante saw a blur of motion out of the corner of his eye.

Quickly, he fired into the general direction of the movement and was rewarded by a high-pitched, alien cry of pain and the sound of limbs smashing against unyielding stone.

Scratch one bugger.

Whirling around, Dante saw that the far side of the cavern was boiling with motion and the sound of many pairs of armoured and spine-covered legs. Spiders of all shapes and ages were rushing towards their position. Cursing under his breath, Dante pulled the pins of his last two grenades and threw them over his shoulder.

The swarm completely ignored the metal spheres, pushing them this way and that with their clawed toes. The anti-vehicle explosives went off, and the dark cavern was suddenly lit by a light as bright as any on Yuka's surface. Dozens of spiders were consumed by the explosions, their shells melted into sludge and their flesh vaproized in a fraction of a second. Many of the spiders around them were stunned or wounded by the blast of superheated air and molten shrapnel. As the horde of enemies paused, confused by the sudden deaths of a sizable portion of their ranks, Rizzit shouted a command over the frequency.

"Set off those charges now!"

A Dragoon pressed a button on his datapad and a series of explosions shook the chamber. The rock, tough as it was, was blown to pieces by the combined effects of the initial detonations and the shockwaves they generated. Massive chunks of the ceiling rained down from above as the chamber abruptly imploded. Less than a meter away, a boulder dropped down, shattered on the unforgiving granite of the cave floor, and sent slivers of rock flying into the squad. Fragments of the rock nicked Dante's armour, caving grooves into the plastoid.

As the last few rocks fell, a fine layer of dust drifted back down from where the explosions had blown it and settled onto the floor.

Rizzit rose from where the shockwave had thrown him and shouted for the others to get up.

"If they didn't know where we were before, they do now. We have to hurry if any of us are going to get out of here alive."

Oh, joy.

Walking alongside Leon, Dante started to sing under his breath.

"Tis the season to be jolly...Fa la la la la. Blaster bolts there are a plenty...Fa la la la la...  Bats and spiders and so much more, Fa la la la la...We'll freeze solid or be roasted...Fa la la la la...At least this mission isn't a bore...Fa"

Dante stopped when he realised everyone else was staring at him. Embarassed, he walked with his head down.

You just let everyone else know what an idiot you are, and probably gave away the squad's positon. A good day's work, eh?

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  935
Total Posts:  3440
December 14, 2007 6:14:46 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
As the squad regrouped not far from where Eclipse was located, lucky slently did a head count. Everyone was there. She turned to Gio and nodded her head. No one was missing.

"Alright, listen up Pallies!" bellowed Gio.

A quick silence fell on the squad. "we've been given our orders. We are to distract the enemy while Eclipse is off doing recon work. Anyy questions?"

He looked deeply into each Trooper's eyes before putting on his helmet and standing up straight , like they had been taught in the Academy. Lucky did the same and everyone followed suit.

In silence , they marched in the snow. She could hear some hushed talking behind her, she assumed it was some of the PFCs. She turned around and saw Aravan talking with LunaTick. she put a gloved finger to her visor, where her lips would be. The both of them suddenly felt silent, and marched on not daring to say another word.

They made their way around snow berms, when Gio told them to get down. Lucky risked a peek over the bermtop and looked out into the darkness. She turned on the night vision setting on her visor, and was able to see some of the Eclipse squad off reconing. She then knew taht it was their turn to play.

She got out a grenade and readied it , waiting for just the right moment to throw it.  When she saw Alater get to where she wanted one of Eclipse to go , she launched the grenade. It flew in the air , and landed in the snow in the other direction , away from Eclipse squad.

Once it had touched the snow , the grenade exploded and all she could see was a big cloud of snow. The Pallies took that as their cue and started launching a few grenades in the general direction that Lucky's had taken.

With a satisfied smile , she sent a message to everyone telling them to keep some in reserves andd to shoot any enemies they saw , no matter how far they were , as long as they were in shooting range of course.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  965
December 14, 2007 6:50:41 PM    View the profile of Dante 
8:28:33 Mission Clock
21:46:43 local time

The squads passed through the low-ceilinged tunnels, with their glowrods sending beams of light ahead to light the way. With Rizzit's sliced map of the facility to guide them, they soon entered a series of  well lit but deserted maintenance tunnels. The squad quickly walked through these, the silence disturbed only by the quiet echoes of their footsteps off the durasteel floor and by the clink of plastoid on plastoid. They were the only living beings in these tunnels, and the repair droids Dante had expected to be present were mysteriously absent.

The base must be under lock-down, with hunter-killer teams searching for us. Our chances of survival are pretty low.

Dante shrugged it off. So what else was new? He'd faced certain death before, and had managed to escape each time.
Compared to Mustafar, this is a cake-walk...

Dante was so deep in thought, he almost didn't notice Rizzit raise his hand in a gesture to stop and lift his rifle to firing position. Turning his helmet's sound detection systems up to their maximum, he could just make out the whirring of gears and the clank of mechanical feet. Darr made a series of gestures and everyone other than himself and Rizzit took cover behind equipment crates.

Dante checked to make sure the grenades he had "liberated" from an enemy equipment crate were still on his belt before detaching one and holding the pin.

A trio of angular figures came into view. As Dante had suspected, they were combat droids, although Dante had never seen their specific make before. Each of them was carrying a large blaster carbine, and they were all equally tall and thin. The harsh light from the ceiling lights gleamed as it bounced off their skull-like heads, and the smell of machine oil filled the air.

They scanned the area, and saw Darr standing there. At once, the leader dropped into a combat stance and brought its rifle up. Dante had to repress an urge to groan.

These aren't the B-1 variety of combat droids. These are obviously assassin units, and expensive ones at that.

The leader spoke, with a passable imitation of disdain filling its voice.

"Amused query: will you come quietly or will we be forced to blast you?"

The Raiders SL didn't even both to reply, instead firing as he yelled.

"Open fire!"

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  662
Total Posts:  1795
December 15, 2007 5:26:11 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan wasn’t happy that he had lost contact with Ken and Vince.  He was hoping that they were alright.  When Alan and rest of the Iron Horse squad entered the village it seemed quiet, almost too quiet.  Alan had hoped to meet up with his scouts but they were nowhere to be seen.

The Wraiths took up one part of the village whilst the Iron Horse squad looked around the other part of the village.  It looked and seemed deserted, yet Alan’s senses were on high alert.  He didn’t like it, one little bit. 

Then it happened.  The sound of blaster bolts echoing through the village.

“Iron Horse, with me!” shouted Alan as he rushed to the sound of the blaster bolts.  What he saw sent a shiver through his spine.  Enemy soldiers, lots of them, but who were they.  They were tall, taller than even Vince and their armour, it was just soaking up the blaster bolts.  Oh hell thought Alan.

Tapping his comlink, Alan spoke to Arnaut “Arn, get your Wraith squad out of here, I’ll take Iron Horse out a different direction, let’s see if we can get these soldiers to thin out a bit and maybe, just maybe we’ll survive this”.

“Roger that” replied Arnaut.  “Fall back, for the Emperor’s sake, fall back”

“Alright squad, let’s go!” shouted Alan.

With that the Wraith squad started falling back in one direction whilst the Iron Horse squad moved out in the opposite direction.  Blaster bolts flying all around them.

“What about Ken and Vince, Sir?” queried Dwarf.

“We’ll just have to hope that they got out of there.  Don’t worry trooper, if we find any sign of them, we’ll go after them but for now we have to get out of here”.

Alan didn’t like falling back but he knew that right now they had no choice.  He hoped that they would find Ken and Vince soon and that they would be alive and well.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  94
December 15, 2007 6:26:37 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The assassin droids and the stormtroopers opened up on each other. Blaster bolts were bouncing off the droids like no tomorrow, each an individual star, practically. The droids were returning fire, but it was haphazardly aimed because of the sheer number of lasers and plasma bolts that were slamming into it. One's armor started to actually melt, but it kept shooting.

"Die, damn you!" muttered Gates. His rifle clicked. Out of ammo. He looked down to his belt, looking for another energy pack. He got hit, in the left hand, slicing along the armor, and slamming into his lower wrist. "F***!" he yelled, slinging his rifle and pulling his pistol.

He blasted it until the clip was dry, slipped it out and inserted another, a pain-staking motion.

Then he remembered his grenades. "Oh yeah..."

He pulled a small EMP grenade off of his belt, yanked the pin and lobbed it at the trio of assassin droids. It detonated, but nothing happened.

"Crap. Shielding, high-grade, too." Gates grunted, pulling a frag grenade, this time.

"Fire in the hole!" he yelled, chucking the small bomb.

It landed at the droids' feet.

"Exclamation: Uh-" BOOOOOOM!

The explosion lifted all three of the droids off of their feet, blasting them into the walls, and knocking two inoperable, the last with no arms. The squads came up on the prone droid.

"Query: What will you do?" the droid said.

Instead of talking, Rizzit motioned. Two of the combat engineers took the droid's head off, taking the memory chips, and a comm gadget off of the droid as well.

They tapped into the enemy comm, and heard noises that were disgusting to hear.

"GOD! What are those things?"
"Security station 03 is overrun! Repeat-" it ended in a scream.
"Fall back! Fall-" the radios all stopped.

"Looks like our old friends the spiders decided to drop in for a visit."

TRP/CRP Gates/Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA

Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  971
December 15, 2007 11:31:15 AM    View the profile of Dante 
8:29:38 Mission Clock
21:47:48 local time

Dante listened to the carnage over the tapped com-system, eyes widening under his helmet.
"All HK units report in, repeat report in!"

"Labs C through F have been destroyed by cave-in, repeat Labs C
through F destroyed! All personnel presumed dead."

"Hostiles encountered. Security perimeter breached. Repeat..*zzzttt* There are too many of them!*zztt* Damn you, Mendoza! Fire!"

A bloodcurdling scream follow by the sound of rending flesh filled the comlink until some enemy closed that channel off.

Gates spoke out loud, his voice echoing through the tunnels.

"Looks like our old friends the spiders decided to drop in for a visit."

Darr closed the channel and tuurned to the squad.

"If you see any of the spiders, grease them at once. We can't afford another accident."

The squads made their way through dozens of deserted tunnels and storage areas, noting with some disquiet the rising number of  bodies and spider webbing. Without warning a ventillation duct overhead popped open and dozens of small spiders dropped to floor, charging for the Raiders.

"Open fire!"

The insectoid creatures were mostly vaporized by the first volley and a well thrown grenade destroyed the survivors.

Rizzit waved them on, and they advanced through several corridors. Without warning, he held up his hand and gestured at a large durasteel plate. Dante listened closely, and thought that he heard blaster fire and screaming from the other side. Gates made a gesture and the other troopers took cover behind equipment crates and durasteel pillars.

Quickly he wired the charges and inserted a detonator. Keeping his eyes on the high explosive, he quickly backed behind a pillar and pushed a button on his datapad. Instantly, the shaped charges of high explosive exploded and sent molten fragments of the durasteel alloy door into the room beyond. There were cries of shock and high ptiched shrieks as the Raiders and Dragoons advanced into the chamber, unleashing a hellish crossfire.

A trio of droids and an enemy heavy trooper had been holding off swarms of spiders with concentrated fire and grenades. The piles of foul-smelling corpses scattered across the cavernous room attested to how successful they had been. The droids had been quickly destoyed through the sheer numbers of the enemy, and the enemy trooper had held them off on his own. Seconds before the squads had blown the panel, he had managed to activate the blast doors and seal the enemy on the other side.

Now, the helmet-less heavy trooper was lying on the ground, one leg bleeding profusely and the other one held at an unnatural angle. The enemy tried to rise, and Dante saw fear in his black eyes. Dante lowered his rifle, and in that instant the enemy's expression changed from fear to amusement.

With lightning speed, the hostile went for one of the slagged droids's blaster rifle. He had grabbed it and was about to fire when his head was blown to pieces by a trio of blaster bolts. Dante stood there, shaken at what his moment of hesitation had almost done.

They don't deserve mercy. They're worse than animals.

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes.

Then you're a fool.

Better to be a live fool than a dead philosopher. Dante retorted.

With that, the voice fell silent and Dante reloaded his weapon. Sighing, he retrieved a pair of grenades from the remains of the combat droids.

Those damn droids look familiar; I know I've seen them before somewhere...

Silently, Rizzit waved the squad forwards and Dante assumed his position in the formation.

OOC:
Unless the HC says otherwise, the droids are meant to be a continuation of the HK line (as in KOTOR I and II).

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 15, 2007 11:34:35 AM)]
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  189
Total Posts:  535
December 15, 2007 12:28:29 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos pulled his vibro-axe out of a droid. Afew sparks leaped out of the gaping hole in the armour. He slipped another cartridge into his heavy blaster.

This has been one hell of a day.

He thought while he walked down the corridor with the rest of the Dragoons.

"What the hell will they think when we get back," Orobos said as they walked away from the droids.

"What do you mean?" Garyll said.

"I mean, look at us, we're covered in spider legs, blood and wires."

"ha, never noticed that."

The squad looked at each others armour. He shrugged and they moved on. Enemy personnel were running everywhere. Technicians passed them without a second glance, well at the first glance they ran away.

After a while of jogging down down random corridors they encountered a squad of six enemies each heavily armed. A sudden burst of activity flared over the comlink.

"Enemies up ahead,"

"Toss a grenade,"

"Open fire!"

"Watch your flank,"

The grenade exploded taking one of them down and blowing another of his feet. Th others reacted quickly and returned fire, flashes of red whizzing down the corridor from both sides.

"Move up,"

"Cover us from that alcove,"

"Roger roger,"

"Move up"

They moved up the corridor the enemy slowly backing away. there was only three of them left and as he watched another one fell. He saw a flash of silver by his head and just saw one of the enemy drop clutching his throat.

"Fire at the venerable spots,"

"Neck and arms,"

Just as someone said this however the last two were running away. The clanking sound grew distant as they formed up and started moving down the corridor again.

"Guys, there's a few sort of emergency signs, think they're escape routes?" Mako said.

"Dunno," Tanus said, " but it wouldn't hurt to check them out, we're lost anyway down here."

"Right follow them," Leon confirmed and they started moving down the corridor the sign was pointing down.

"Better make it quick they're back," Orobos said pointing down the corridor.

The two enemies which they had just seen off were back and had brought reinforcements. The rest weren't as heavily armoured but there was a good few of them.

"Open fire,"

Isn't the last time I'm gonna hear that again if not here but everywhere else for the rest of my life.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat
Author/Wordspinger Orobos/Lotaith/VET/VE

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited December 15, 2007 12:29:07 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  973
December 15, 2007 2:52:49 PM    View the profile of Dante 
8:49:40 Mission Clock
22:7:50 local time

The first volley of blaster bolts split the air into geometric shapes as they soared through the air. They bounced off walls, leaving blackened craters behind, and impacted on reinforced armour, literally boiling it away. The enemies themselves, however, seemed to be unhurt and merely shrugged the impacts off.

This was far from surprising, as the volley's purpose was to stop them from charging into the squad and overwhelming them with raw strength. As the enemy lifted their weapons and prepared to fire, a trio of grenades landed at their feet. They went off, sending shrapnel in every direction. One figure fell with a meaty thump but the others had aimed their weapons and were ready to fire.

Too late, Dante noticed the unusual nature of said weapons and prepared to shout a warning, but was cut off by the energy pulse that blew the equipment crates to pieces and sent him flying into a wall. As waves of static pulsed over his visor, he felt his head hit the wall, followed by the rest of his body. His suit's breach alarm pulsed as the plastoid cracked from the impact and  he lost consciousness for a brief moment.

The behemoths were much closer now, and their unusual weapons were glowing a bright green, meaning they were fully charged and ready to fire. Dante quickly lunged for his deece, which he had dropped when he had passed out. As his finger tightened on the trigger, blaster fire from all sides engulfed the figures.

They dropped their energy pulse weapons and fell to the durasteel floor, their corpses smoking. A series of loud beeps filled the tunnel and their weapons imploded in a cloud of smoke.

Self destruct. Very clever system.

As the other troopers got to their feet, Dante followed their example, using his deece as a crutch. The squads advanced, scanning the empty tunnels for any other nasty little surprises.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  637
Total Posts:  903
December 15, 2007 6:27:23 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The snow started to fall faster, flying in through the open door and windows and onto the floor. Overhead, the one, single light had been shot out years ago, and, with darkness falling fast, was quite useless. Arnaut scorned it silently, huddled against the wall just below the last, ding intact window. His knees were drawn close to his chest and he gripped his A280 with all his might.

Fear flowed through him freely, focusing him and narrowing his senses. He was quite alone, quite trapped, and quite scared.  Somewhere during the last, brief fight, Tnepres had gotten lost in the sprawl of village buildings and snow. He hadn’t seen or heard from anyone else in thirty minutes, and he was beginning to believe that they could very well be dead. The idea didn’t appeal to him very much, needless to say.

Everyone was at least scattered, Arnaut knew that. The retreat had been impromptu, rash, and been pulled off very badly. Everyone went for separate directions, and now most of the squads were disperesed throughout the village. And still no word from the missing scouts. Their prospects looked grim.

The only sounds Arnaut could hear were his own breathing and the wind, and he had already tuned out both of them. For the past twenty minutes, he’d been huddled up in the small building, listening, waiting. It wasn’t really a building so much as a hut. A large table dominated the room Arnaut was in and a door led to a small closet in the back, but that was about it. No escape but death. And the front door, but that only lead to death.

There was a crunch of snow, just outside the window, and Arnaut caught his breath. Very slowly and very deliberately, he craned his neck backwards to peer out the dingy window. What he saw was exactly what he’d been fearing. Seven feet of corded muscle and hardened armor, searching for him.

Arnaut sat, frozen still, and waited for death to take him. It was only a matter of time, with the soldier just outside the window. Arnaut could try to shoot him, but there was only the slightest chance he’d be able to get his gun at the right angle to fire in time, and even a smaller chance he’d be able to take the shot. Then, even if all that miraculously happened, he managed to kill the soldier with one shot, there was no guarantee he was alone. Any moment, he would look down and see Arnaut, and it would all be over. Any moment. Any…

Suppressed fire cut into the giant’s torso, sizzling as it melted the ice and parts of the torso armor. The thing roared in anger and started to return fire. He wasn’t alone. Arnaut counted at least the sounds of three other weapons barking outside the flimsy wooden walls. Now was his chance. They were distracted. Arnaut rolled  onto his stomach and began to crawl out toward the door.

He was almost halfway there when there was another roar, and the rotten floorboard in front of Arnaut’s face was pulped by sustained fire. Arnaut rolled onto his back as another volley blew apart the floor where he’d been. Now or never, this was the time. He began firing.

His first shots went wild, shattering the weak frame around the now devastated window, and he had to roll again to avoid being killed. The next time he shot, though, the shots hit their mark, blowing out the soldier’s neck and collapsing his body onto the snow. Weak at the joints, Arnaut needed to remember that.

Arnaut scrambled to his feet and hurtled out the door even as the second soldier appeared at the window. The street outside was deserted and there was no sign of his mysterious savior, who had pinned down the soldiers. He had a problem, now, though, as he was out in the open and there were still three soldiers still on the other side of the building. Arnaut lobbed a grenade around the side to discourage anyone from following and sprinted off toward the next building in the line.

Across the street, Arnaut could barely make out the dark shapes of other buildings, all perfectly lined up and of various sizes. Any number of them could hold enemy soldiers. At least one of them, apparently, held someone friendly.

Arnaut’s view of the other side of the street was cut short as he made it to the next building. The grenade he’d thrown went off with a large bang that sent snow hurtling into the air. Arnaut didn’t even look back, but instead darted inside.

“This is Arnaut, is anyone there?” Arnaut relayed over his comlink. If whoever had saved him still had short-range comlink capabilities, they should be able to hear him.

“I repeat, this is Arnaut Taran, is anyone there?” Nothing. Arnaut looked fearfully out the window, into the street, and was dismayed to see the three soldiers coming into the open. He tried again.

“I repeat, this is…”

“…naut? Is that you?” Kanderin’s voice came over the comlink excitedly, if a bit obscured by static. At the same time, from one of the buildings across the street, two sets of fire ripped out and forcing the soldiers back into cover. One was killed outright, his body slumped dumbly across the ground. Arnaut smiled. Maybe their prospects weren’t so bad after all.
Gunnery Sergeant Arnaut
SL/GSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [ES2] [EW2]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  939
Total Posts:  3440
December 15, 2007 6:52:48 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Paladin squad moved silently and swiftly as the snow started tp settle around them . Their current objective was to cover fire for eclipse while they were on recon duty. But why couldn't they do a bit more?

The small group of rebels had been subdued in a matter of minutes . Too quickly for Lucky to actually reflect on the good times she had on the job as a Vast Empire soldier.  They ducked behind small mounds of snow and half-walked, half-crawled along .

At one point , there was a small gap between two small snowhills and Lucky could see burning fires and tents. It was a very small camp  , but they were probably alot of people.

She pointed silently to gio what she was seeing , and he motioned for the squad to follow him. They would investigate the camp and kill any rebels. They knew for one thing taht it wasn't anyone from their camp since they knew the general area where all squads were located.

As they got down the hill , they split into two teams. Lucky would lead Aravan , ViperX  and Brock wit hher. They would take out all enemies guarding the outside of the camp and salvage supplies that they would need. Gio would take the rest of the squad and they would go inside the camp and stand outsode the tents to take care of the rest of the men that would be outside.

They would then regroup and eliminate the rest of the men taht remained in the tents. In silence , the group split up and got about doing what they had been assigned to do.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:18:34 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 104  |  Bots - 3
Fury

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >