Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ << 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  916
Total Posts:  1920
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
December 3, 2007 6:57:59 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
5:41:18 Mission Clock
18:43:37 local time

Dante was walking towards the tent serving as Raiders HQ when a magnified voice boomed out, shaing snow from shacks and deafening those too close to the speakers.

"All squads come in. This is Rizzit and I need your attention. Horsies, Dragoons, Crazies, Palies, and Mooners...I need your attention."

I'm surprised that anyone can joke five minutes after the service for a VE trooper. Oh well, it's a HC mike foxtrot so what can we expect?

As the squads filed in, Dante saw Rizzit standing on a crate and holding a mike. With a surge of anger, Dante saw that he had been one of the singers earlier.

But why is the kriffing son-of-a-krath hound in snowtrooper armour, anyway?

As soon as the last few troopers filed in, Rizzit began assigning them to sleds.

Great. If we're going to die, we may as well die in neat, ordered rows, neh?

"Dark Dragoons you'll be pairing up with the Raiders. Intelligence reports that a probe spotted some sort of mine in the mountains."

Since when has Intelligence been reliable? I still have the scars from the little fiasco Imperial Intelligence got us into last time.

"Dragoons...I'm counting on you to check it out and if need be try to shut it down for some leverage. Raiders....you're going to be going along with them.

Great. Throwing more troopers into the underground meat grinder, are you?

"Oh...and one other thing: I'm coming with you!"

Dante was shocked by this statement, but quickly concealed it.

At least the bastard will die with us if everything goes to hell in a handbasket...
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 3, 2007 7:01:01 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  918
December 3, 2007 8:23:32 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
5:42:23 Mission Clock
18:44:42 local time

The wind blew the debris from the camp in all directions. An empty ration box bounced through the camp until soemone picked it up and tossed it into a garbage container. On the other side of the camp, engines roared to life as Iron Horse left on its mission.

Dante found himself thinking back to the Illum meatgrinder. Although the Thrawnists had been drubbed, many troopers had left the planet in bodybags. Now, as Dante stared at the small mound in the snow, he couldn't help thinking about the young PFC he had seen die there.

-Several Months Earlier-

Illum, main VE base
17:34:08
four hours after neutralization of last Thrawnist forces

The wind blew, knocking over tents. The debris of war, from protein bars to power cells, was scattered everywhere. Most of the squads had already left and the Dragoons were waiting for pickup. Now, only the last few squads and the wounded were left. Dante heard a low, insistent cry. It was a male voice, and its owner had to be no older than sixteen or seventeen. Dante found its source and immediately wished he hadn't. There, sprawled on a makshift cot, was a young trooper, his once-ivory armour stained a dull red. Besides him a medic was working feverishly, trying to save his patient. Dante heard groaning and saw a second medic, curled into a ball nearby and muttering the same words repeatedly.

Dante leaned closer and heard the same words said over and over again.

"Help him, help him."

There was a beeping and then a drone from the monitor . As the medic worked feverishly, Dante saw that the man's stomach had been sliced open by a weapon. Blood dripped down onto the trooper's dog tag, which read  [i]PFC Snowden
. As the man suddenly stopped working, Dante felt something rising in his throat and stumbled away. He had managed to get a meter away before he vomited, spilling the MRE's he had eaten earlier all over the floor.
[/i]
--

Star's End, that smell of canned tomatoes. And that man split in two...

As he thought, Dante had to repress an urge to vomit. He shook the memory from his mind and turned back to the mission at hand.
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 3, 2007 8:24:09 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  732
Total Posts:  1849
December 3, 2007 10:38:26 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Is it just me or is everyone surprisingly quiet?" Kanderin muttered to Snipes, who merely shrugged in response.

"What do you expect, we're slowly turning into snowmen"

"Please don't make me laugh Snipes, the icicles dig against my heart"

"I'm not in the mood to find that funny"

Kanderin muttered something along the lines of 'spoilsport' before wandering over to where Arnaut stood, viewing the landscape. A few metres behind him, the Horsie's were huddled together, both formulating a plan and trying to keep warm. It didn't seem like a bad idea, but for some reason the Wraith's weren't keen to follow suit.

"When are we moving out?"

"When Alan stops the man hug" Arnaut replied, crushing a ball of snow under his foot.

"Want me to go ask him?"

"Do whatever you want, just try and make them hurry up"

Another Wraith, another temper. Kanderin tried not to let it get to him, and waded his way over to the 'manhug'.

"You guys ready to get moving?" He called over, trying to smile.

"We were waiting for you guys. Didn't want to bother you, sounded like it was your time of the month or something" Alan smiled back.

"That's Wraith through and through. We're either drunk or hung over. Unfortunately nine times out of ten its the latter" Kanderin shrugged

"I thought so"

A few minutes later, Wraith had still moved nowhere. Well, most of Wraith.

"Arn, we're moving!" Kanderin waved, grinning his head off as he followed Alan and the rest of his squad down the slope, even further into the heavy foliage.

"Turncoat!" Arnaut shouted back, trying not to show his relief at finally moving.

"Don't, I'll blush" Kanderin winked, shortly before disappearing out of view behind the Wraith scrum sprinting their way down after.
Sergeant Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SGT Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/[ES2][EW2]
Stamp Card
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  188
Total Posts:  275
December 3, 2007 10:46:03 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako was excited over the prospect of Rizzit coming with them.  He was not scared of authority, but also knew that this was the best way to get promoted.  If your boss sees you doing something good, it is much more likely to be rewarded than if not.

Mako didn't mention this to anyone, as he didn't want them to think he was sucking up. To him it wasn't like that at all.  It was tactical strategy, much like the soldiers practiced on one end or the other everyday.  Mako just wanted to be giving the orders for the strategy, have some control over where his life was going in the service of the Empire.  The only way to do that was to be seen.  Mako wondered if they gave out "I've been caught doing a good job" stickers or something for their ID cards.

Enough daydreaming.

Mako went back to the medbay for the first time since he last saw Akaan alive.  He walked in and looked at the bed.  They hadn't even cleared the bloody sheets yet.  Mako walked over and started to gather them up, when an orderly or somebody stepped in.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah...You can do your job.  Get these damn sheets off the bed before somebody else has to see the remnants of our brother here."

The orderly saw that Mako was stressed a bit by the presence of teh hours old sheets, and snapped to about gathering them up.

"When you come back from the laundry....Can you bring my bats' head back with you?

Mako realized that the orderly was just busy.  The whole camp was still being arranged, and there was sure to be many small items that needed to be placed or sterilized for use in a medbay.  So he changed his question in midstream to prevent the orderly from taking offense...too much.

The bats head came back looking more evil than ever.  Mako affixed it to his helmet to serve as a warning to their enemies.  This was now much more than a compliment of stormtroopers coming for them, it was a man after revenge, seeking to justify the death of their comrade in arms, and the deaths of all of those that may follow.

Mako went back into the DD barracks and looked around, waiting on the others to notice his new decor.

Orobos looked a bit sullenly at it, and Tanus told him to take it off. 

"I am keeping it," Mako said.  "I want them to know that it's more than just business now."

"I understand that, Mako.  Try not to let it get in the way.  If it looks like it is going to blow our cover or get you shot, I am going to rip it off myself.  I don't need another dead trooper."

"Right-O Cap'n."

"Yeah."

The exchange between Mako and Tanus was almost always tense in a way and mockingly informal, but Tanus knew that Mako respected him as ASL and would not ignore a direct order, he just didn't jump to serve the smaller, less formal orders.  It was nothing personal, Mako had just seen a lot, and had a hard time finding the right spot in the relationship with some people.

Mako pulled a small bottle from his pouch and offered to "warm up" Tanus' chocolate.  The ASL looked at Mako.

"You know that we shouldn't be drinking right now...right?"

His cup started to extend toward Mako a bit.

"I mean...it's against regulations..."

Tanus' cup got perilously close to the bottle Makow as holding.  Mako started to pour a little into his cup, then stopped.

"I mean..I could actually lock you up as a danger to the mission right now...or send you up for charges all the way to teh High Command.  You know that?"

Mako poured just a little more into Tanus' cup, and looked at him solemnly, half grinning.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, sir.  If you would like, I can toss the barracks in search of illegal alcohol."

"That will be ok, soldier.  Just keep you eye out and report to me if you see anything suspicious." Tanus said, taking a sip from his now "warmed" cup.

"Will do, sir." Mako said, playing the game.

Mako walked into the barracks and started a small tune or two.  All of this singing was infectious.

"Jingle bells, the VE's hell,
but the bad guys don't get away."

"We're stuck right here on this Icy Hell,
and the Dominion is too far away."

"Fury's in the snow...
Rizzit's on his way,

Now we're all gonna spread some doom
on these awesome Imperial Sleighs."

Gates came over and started humming the little drummer boy, to which Mako laid down:

"I shed my blood for you..Bah-Rumpa-pum-pum.

I give my life to you....Bah-Rumpa-pum-pum.

I will destroy for you ..Bah-Rumpa-pum-pum, Rumpah-pum-pu,. Rumpa-pum-pum."

We're under Rizzits wing...Bah-Rumpa-pum-pum,

Me and my gun.....

Rump-bah-dah-rump-ba-da-da-rump-pump-pump"

How bout that..the little blaster boy.

The Christmas Spirit lingered in the air, and Mako wondered if his dream had been a prophecy, and whether he was living the Christmas spirit that the ghosts of Sith Christmas Spirit, Exar Kun, Emporor Palpatine, and Kadann had ordered of him.

He hoped so.
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Mako Sanguin (edited December 3, 2007 11:06:33 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  734
Total Posts:  1849
December 3, 2007 11:02:09 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Come back to join us have you?"

"Yeah, the Horses were getting kinda boring" Kanderin replied smugly.

"Very funny"

"It wasn't a joke"

The wraith's carried on in a filed line, just behind Iron Horse for quite sometime, with an unusual amount of chat passing back and forth between members. The area they had departed from had been scanned, and they knew for definite there was no enemy activity within a five mile radius. So for that reason, they were relaxed.

Neither squad was used to working with each other, and for that reason communication between them was still negligible. Instead, Kanderin played the middle man, passing messages back and forth between the Squad Leader's and occasionally getting involved in an interesting looking conversation on one of the sides. That would carry on until his welcome dried out, and he would carry on to the other squad.

Rinse and repeat. For about two miles.

"I think we should bunch up Arn, I have bad feelings about what we're about to run into" Alan called back, much to Kanderin's surprise. He couldn't remember the two squads getting so close together.

"Why's that?" Arnaut called back.

Alan pointed at the ground to his right.
"Footprints"

Conversation stopped, almost instantly. It was replaced by a mix of excitement at actually doing something that was worth the time, and worry about what they were about to run into. For all they knew they might well fall right into a base filled with soldiers numbering in the hundreds. Even Wraith's ego couldn't get them through those odds.
Sergeant Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SGT Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/[ES2][EW2]
Stamp Card
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  177
Total Posts:  535
December 3, 2007 12:52:08 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sat in the tent doing what repairs to the armour he could with the kit he had with him. Mako walked over and offered help.

"I have a combat engineers kit if that'll help," he said,

"You know," Orobos replied as he held up his kit, "I'm training as a combat engineer as well," he said half grinning,

"I thought i saw you somewhere man," Mako said sudden recognition lighting up his face, "Somewhere at the academy,"

"Unless you know other people like me who train with explosives then that'd be me," he said smiling while rubbing some polish onto the armour,

"Anyway I gotta go and get my bats head back," Mako said.

He walked out of the tent. Orobos spent a few more minutes fixing up his armour. He managed to patch it up a good bit with only a few of the smaller scratches refusing to come off. He set his armour down and sighed. He might leave them there as a reminder of what happened on Yuka. Thats if he made it off this block of ice. He thought it would be a good change from the warmer climates but it really was hell.

At that thought Mako walked back into the tent the bat head clinging to his armour as a decoration. Tanus stood up the moment he saw it.

"Take that off your armour," he said sharply,

"I am keeping it," Mako replied,"I want them to know that it's more than just business now."

After a few words Mako pulled out a bottle and took a drink. tanus stared at this too and started on him when Mako offered him some. Orobos watched as it unfolded before him and chuckled a bit.

"Glad Leon isn't here," he said,

Mako looked at him innocently, "I don't know what you mean Orobos," he said face blank,

"Fine if you want to play it that way," Orobos said mock-menacingly, "Give me the rest of the bottle," he said gesturing to it, it was still a quarter full,

"Fine," Mako said frowning at him as Orobos took the bottle and swallowed half of what was left in one gulp.

He sat up and pulled out his armour. "I might decorate my armour a bit as well," he said wonderingly.

"With what?" Mako asked,

"Oh no, one person doing it is enough your not doing it as well," Tanus chimed up.

"Ok," Orobos said stuffing his armour back underneath the bunk.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  194
December 3, 2007 2:03:40 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
"I think you should wait until you get one of the soldiers again, Orobos."

"Whaaa...?"

"Yeah.  A Whiphid running around with human skin on his back is sure to send them running."

"Mako....you...I...Whatever.  You are nuts.  Have you been to get a psych eval my friend?"

"Yeah..well...They would run is all I'm saying.  Now about that bottle."

Orobos pulled another swig and handed the remnants back to Mako.

"We get the sled assignment in a few minutes.  I am riding with Gates and some Raiders.  I better let them cheauffur me around.  I don't want to get a crick in my neck from driving."

"I don't think you want a B.U.I., Bobsledding Under the Influence." Orobos said, laughing heartily. 

"Yeah.  That either. I hear they cut your balls off for that one." Tanus put in.

"No.  The Empire doesn't neuter its soldiers unless they are working desk jobs.  It wusses them up and they get all finicky when they have to hurt something." 

The others stood laughing at the odd conversation. 

We move out on the sleds in a little while.  Lets get our orders straight so we don't mess anything up.

Leon walked in then, looking around at the crowd in the barracks and wondering what the joke was that he had missed.  MAko hurried to get rid of the rest of the liquor and dumped it in the first cup he saw, tossing the bottle behind a crate.

"Mako.  Why do you have a bat on your head?"

"Because I couldn't eat him.  Don't worry, Tanus already said if it slows us down he will shoot me."

"Yeah...so..Here is my briefing on the mission."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

[This message has been edited by Mako Sanguin (edited December 3, 2007 4:04:31 PM)]
Finch
ComNet Novice

Finch

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  71
December 3, 2007 3:10:36 PM    View the profile of Finch 
Finch had hunkered down in the barracks, warming herself before they had to head out on orders. Her supplies where packed and ready to go, guns clean and operational, armor ready to be worn. She was dressed warmly with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders, rubbing her arms to warm herself up.

"I. Hate. The. Cold." She muttered to herself, shivering slightly.

"Join the club," Lucky grumbled as she trudged into the barracks, shaking the snow and cold from her limbs.

Finch smirked, "Ah, patrol? Well, come over here and warm yourself." She said, offering her ASL some of her blanket, "It'll be warmer if we huddle together."

"Thanks," Lucky said, taking up her offer. The two women huddled close, discussing plans and strategies for their mission. It wasn't long until another trooper entered the room.

"Hot damn," Brock said, grinning cheekily, "You guys need a third?"

"Fuck off, soldier," Finch said, sneering playfully.

Corporal Ievit Olphert

TRP/CPL Finch/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES-1C][EW-1C]

Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  793
Total Posts:  1091
December 3, 2007 3:22:38 PM    View the profile of Leon 
OOC:
Rizzit, and for everyone else who is reading this, I just decided to say this so everyone doesn't get confused. Kanderin sped things up really fast because he wants to reunite with his squad. I don't plan on skipping all the things that happened in between, so yeah. That's just to clear up the confusion.

"Alright Dragoons, saddle up!" Bellowed Leon, storming through the tent flaps. Mako, Tanus, and Orobos nearly spilled their drinks when they saw their Squad Leader approaching. Mako quickly searched for a place to dump the rest of the alcohol, finding a half full cup of hot chocolate and emptying the contents into it. The two troopers and ASL tried to look as innocent as possible. "May I ask what you guys are staring at?"

"What? What do you man?" Stammered Mako. "W-We're just drinking some good 'ol Hot Chocolate." Finished the shaky trooper.

"Are you guy's ok?" Asked Leon, feeling that something was wrong.

All three of them nodded.

"Ok..." Leon replied, feeling slightly strange. "Well what are you guys waiting for? Get your shit together and get outta' here! Move! Move! Move!" The three Dragoons scuffled away, getting their weapons together and fleeing the tent as quick as they could. Sighting the Hot Chocolate, Leon's stomach grumbled. "Oh what the hell, this could very well be my last!" He sweeped the cup off the table and chugged it down, grimacing as it burned its way down his throat. "Damnit! This stuff does taste like shit!" He wiped his mouth and stole a pack of cigg's off Mako's desk before meeting the rest of the squad outside.

As he approached them, he put a Cigg in his mouth and lit it. He took a long, smooth drag, letting the smoke fill his body and seep into his lungs. He held it inside for a brief second, and then exhaled lightly, feeling the smoke lightly flow out of his mouth and into the frigid ice cold air.

"So are we ready to get thing's started Leon?" Asked Tanus.

"Oh yeah, you know it." Replied Leon confidently. "So now for the Sled assignments. Don't even ask me why they were made this way, but hey, there's nothing I can do about it. On Sled 4, it will be me driving, Tanus, Urakai as second pilot, Vint from Raiders, Dante from Raiders, and Wraiths ASL Kanderin Drakken. Just call him Kandy," joked Leon. "Sled 5 will hold Darr-Rann, Rogueboy, Marka, Mako, Jennabelle, and Garryll Gates. Sled 6 will hold Rizzit, Orobos, Koroban, Yush, Namyr, and Arnaut. Any questions?"

A couple of squad members shook their heads, all of them staying quiet.

"Good, let's get this party started."

Little did Leon know, he had just drank half a bottle of hard liqor. Things just might get a little bit crazy.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited December 3, 2007 3:27:34 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited December 3, 2007 3:38:46 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  919
December 3, 2007 3:48:44 PM    View the profile of Dante 
--Before Kanderin "Kandy" Drakken's post--

Yuka, Northern continent
5:43:24 Mission Clock
18:45:43 local time

Dante walked quickly through the slush left by the passing of dozens of soldiers. Their feet had stained the once-pristine snow a dark grey, broken by empty ration containers and depleted power cells. Dante approached the Dark Dragoon barracks and saw a set of red drops accompained by a file of shallow footprints, as though their makers had run, marring the otherwise-pure snow that surrounded the various tents. Dante's breath caught in his throat as he realized that the Draggons must have used the shortcut to take Akaan to the med-center.

Akaan is dead. You barely knew him and tormenting yourself over not getting to know him serves no purpose.

Still, there was so much more I could have done...

It could have just as easily have been you who died. Akaan is better avenged by fighting for the cause he died for than by standing here and moping.

Sighing, Dante headed for the DD barrack to meet with Leon.

He arrived as Leon was speaking to the crowd of Raiders and Dragoons. As a blast of warm air hit his face, Leon glanced at him then resumed speaking.

"On Sled 4, it will be me driving."
Tanus, Urakai as second pilot, Vint from Raiders, Dante from Raiders"

Good. Leon knows his stuff and is able to stay calm under fire.

"...and Wraiths ASL Kanderin Drakken."

Stang. Not a Wraith...

The "Wraiths" were somewhat aloof and Dante did not appreciate working with one, let alone their ASL.

Give me Rogueboy any day.

Just call him Kandy," joked Leon.

I'm sure that'll go over well with him.

"Sled 5 will hold Darr-Rann, Rogueboy, Marka, Mako, Jennabelle, and Garryll Gates. Sled 6 will hold Rizzit, Orobos, Koroban, Yush, Namyr, and Arnaut. Any questions?"

Can we get this krath hound and bantha show on the road?

"Let's get this party started."

Dante shoved a power cell into his DC-17, and the weapon emitted a low chime. He then lifted the barrel up into firing position and grinned: an entirely mirthless, thin line with a world of meaning behind it.

Let's pot one or two of the Sithspawn.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 3, 2007 3:53:08 PM)]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  198
December 3, 2007 4:19:23 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako made his way toward sled #5 to meet up with the rest of the troops. 

"They are all going to make fun of you for having a bat on your head Mako."  Gates said sharply.

"They will fear the bat, or suffer the wrath of the one who it has been bestowed upon by the Gods." MAko said jokingly.

Gates just looked back at him.

Mako lit a smoke and milled around the sleds, trying to find the right one. 

"You would think that by identifying it as sled #5 it may have a big yellow five on the side or something, but no...."

Gates looked around and saw some of the people who they were supposed to be riding with.

"This is us right here."

"Cool.  I want the window seat."

Mako climbed aboard and got cozy in his seat.  Then he thought about it and changed to the middle between Gates and an emtpy seat.

"Afraid they may snipe you because you are closest to the edge?"

"Not so much that as I don't want to feel this wind kicking up at 80 MPH."

Mako finished his smoke and tossed it out the window, as DarRann and a few others stepped up to he sled.

Mako switched to the sniper scope on his DC-17 Interchangeable Combat System, hoping that if his Flamethrower couldn't save them, the heavy fighting may be spared for a little while.

He attached a scope to the rifle and tested the aim on a peak of snow wel off in the distance.  Satisfied with the results, he checked the rest of his gear and looked over at Gates.

Gates was looking out the window, his sidearm in his hand, and seemed to be thinking about things somewhere else.

Mako silently moved his hand next to Gates' helmet very close to his cheek. 

"Gates" he yelled into the ComLink.

Gates turned his head rapidly and slammed his helmet right into Mako's fist.  Furious with embarrassment, he hit Mako in the chest with the butt of his sidearm.

Mako laughed and said:

"Sorry.  You looked like you were thinking too hard."

"Yeah.  Wait till we get into this cave.  No one will see where you got off to."  Gates joked menacingly.

Mako decided that he may have been giving Gates a bit too much grief lately, and then decided that it was such fun that he couldn't stop.

He pulled out his datapad and sent Leon a message:

"You didn't drink my Hot Chocolate did you?  If you did you are so going to get it.  By the way, if you did, you may want to let someone else drive in case you get sleepy.  That Chocolate has some strange effects in this cold weather."

Mako had smuggled a few Marshmallows out of Leons desk droor that his mom had sent him, hoping that he may get the chance to roast some with his squadmates.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  921
December 3, 2007 4:40:48 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
5:44:39 Mission Clock
18:46:58 local

The squads not so much walked as flowed out of the shack serving as the Dark Dragoons HQ. They walked in groups towards the center of the base, where several of the unusual vehicles Dante had seen on the Impstar in orbit had been arranged.

Repulsorlift sleds as offensive weapons? It certainly is original.

The rays of sunlight that poked thrpough the layers of clouds and snow glinted as they bounced off the dull finish of the heavy laser cannons mounted on the vehicles's rears and made the welded-on armour plating gleam.

I hope they aren't as fragile as they look or this could be a real short trip.

Dante consulted a datapad that he had attached to his belt using a clip and made a beeline for the sled that had been assigned to him. The plating couldn't disguise the new feel of the vehicle: the standard white camo paint looked like it had just dried.

Great. We get to test drive a vehicle that looks like Jawas built it. Oh well, loyal to the end, right?

Gates and Mako were already seated. The latter had that disgusting bat head mounted on his helmet, just above his T-visor. Dante heard Gates mutteringunder his breath and gathered that Mako had gotten his jollies at his expense. Keeping a wary eye on the trooper, Dante began to check his deece for any dents or severe damage.

The last thing I need is for my weapon to misfire in an underground firefight.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
LeGiT
ComNet Initiate

LeGiT

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  124
Total Posts:  326
December 3, 2007 4:47:51 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
Brock was overlooking at the two troopers nuzzling together to keep warmth flowing into their bodies, that he couldn’t bear to take his mind off the perverted scenery he had wondering about his mind.  Not to mention the shivers that from time to time presented themselves as each scene got more tempting.

"Hot damn," Brock said, grinning cheekily, "You guys need a third?"

"Fuck off, soldier," Finch said, sneering playfully.

“No… But seriously, I’m getting kind of bored. So mind me staying here for a little while? I’m just gonna take a nap, it feels quite warm in here.” He smirked at his words, and looked upon Luckystar’s eyes that where already growing impatient, but still had some kindness in them. It wasn’t usual, but Brock took the opportunity and went with it. Taking a few steps into the room and silently walking about. 

“You’re LUCKY you’re way too nice to me trooper, if not, I’ll KICK you in the rear end next time for SNEAKING up on us like that. “ Luckystar shouted a sound so loud that it can be heard from beyond the tent. 

Brock jumped hesitantly as each accented word reached his ear drums. The sound was frightening, and as much of a macho man Brock was, he was certainly not to girls of that attitude. Brock grabbed a chair and sat on a near corner from the table. Finch and Luckystar watched him carefully as he gazed upon the map. Luckystar firmly placed her hand above it, making sure Brock didn’t see any details whatsoever. Brock chuckled and returned to his corner where he watched and heard every conversation without making any distinct movement. Making it seems he wasn’t paying attention; he laid his head down, and slightly closed his eyes. Finch and Luckystar continued with their plan discussion and further on got deep into the subject on warfare tactics and such without knowing their conversation was being heard.

Brock couldn’t help to overhear the interesting conversation, that he yawned and stopped them dead on the sentence just before they were about to move on to another subject. He walked up to the table and shrugged his eyes. Finch at that point knew what he was up too, and didn’t think twice to slap him around a couple of times.

“Hey what was that for?...” Brock wined.

“How long have you been listening you?” Luckystar screamed, leaving the echoes emit once again throughout the tent, while Finch took a moment to smirk quietly at his actions.
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited December 3, 2007 4:53:11 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited December 3, 2007 4:54:17 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited December 3, 2007 4:55:48 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3120
Total Posts:  3940
December 3, 2007 5:23:18 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Kandy, Snipes, scout ahead."

Snipes was gone long before the order echoed in his helmet, he knew well enough what needed to be done. The rolling and somewhat forested landscape gave them some cover, but it did the same for the enemy. With Kandy and Himself setting up way-points for the rest of the group to follow on their HUD's.  Snipes knew however in a few minutes IH would send out their own scouts, Yay for redundancy. He and Kandy-man would be relegated to rear guard or the flanks.

Snipes reached the top of another hill and leaned against one of the tree's decreasing his outline, usually he would lie face first in the snow, but the forestation began growing much denser at that point and he was forced to stand. He scanned the area with macro-binoculars, then switched on his thermal overlay and scanned around, there was a large heat source in the middle of the little valley where the trees were the thickest. Snipes sighed and set a waypoint there, a blue one, which meant it was to be scouted, the red ones were for the rest of the group to follow.

"Reading a major heat source Kandy-man, Wanna go check it out."

"Yeah, meet you there."

"Copy"

Snipes sighed and replaced his macrobinoculars, then started trudging down the slope, carefully, and with as little impact as possible. Several times he thought he heard faint singing, but he wasn't sure. The area had a few paths through it that were obviously used by what was probably local fauna. Snipes stayed off these as best he could, but found that most of them criss-crossed back and forth so much that it was hard not to use them when he got a chance. The closer to the center he got the more trampled the snow became.

However when he reached his waypoint there was nothing there but trampled snow and animal refuse. Snipes sighed. Wonderful, I found a bunch of animals.

"Seems to be nothing Kand, don't worry about it."

"I beg to differ." Kanderin said, dropping from a tree behind Snipes. Snipes was somewhat impressed, the snowtrooper armor was fairly bulky. "Look at the ground with the thermal on." Snipes did it.

The entire ground was bright, Snipes kicked the snow about and found it wasn't all that deep.

"Some sort of generator?"

"Who knows, dunno how we'd even begin to find out. I've looked around, don't see any entrance, could also be an underground hot spring."
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/SFC Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
----------------------------------------------
A wedding? I love weddings, drinks all around!
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  920
Total Posts:  3440
December 3, 2007 5:32:17 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky glared at Brock across the table. She let Finch the honor of slapping him across the face one more time before taking over. She grabbed him by the collar , dragged him outside the tent and threw him into a snowbank. He fell in with an "Oof!" And looked at her stupidly.

Still glaring at him , she backtracked into the tent and walked toward the table where the map was set. She heard before she saw brock stumble back into the tent , a wide smile on his face.

She pointed to the chair in the far corner 'Sit there, you're not gonna hear about any of our plans ay time soon if this bad behaviour of yours continues."

The young PFC sat on the chair, still smiling.

"And try to do something of the sort again and I just MIGHT hang you by the collar on one of the tent poles."

she made her back face him , but before they resumed their talk , she looked at him and gave him a sign that meant "I'm watching you".
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  923
December 3, 2007 6:15:38 PM    View the profile of Dante 
--Before Sniping 101's post?--

Yuka, Northern continent
5:46:44 Mission Clock
18:49:03 local

As the snow began to fall more heavily, as though to cover up the stain left by the Vast Imperials on the landscape, Dante yawned and stretched, his left foot brushing the deece where he had clamped it down after a brief systems check. Next to him, their earlier rancor forgotten, Mako and Gates were clowning around and laughing like the best of the friends. The wind shifted direction and Dante felt its cold slap, even through his helmet.

He overheard snatches of Mako's conversation.

"You know that head makes you look stupid, right?"

"I don't care. I like it, it'll scare the rebels,"

That I don't doubt.

", and it's staying on my head."

"But you didn't even clean it properly."

Dante had to agree. Even through the helmet filters, the stench of the head was very distinct.

Maybe it'll make the rebels die from chemical poisoning...

"So? I like it the eay it is."

"I give up."

Mako snorted, and the sound was inhumanly distorted by the plastoid helmet.

"You had better."

Even through a speaker, his teasing and friendly tone was plain.

The latest gust was so strong that it rocked the sled slightly, forcing Mako and Dante to grap onto railings. Here and there, small tents came loose and blew away from groups of shouting personnel trying to retrieve them.

Minions of Xendor, it must be cold out there in the frozen waste...

The Wraith ASL, Kanderin or something like that, climbed into the front passenger seat, a dour look on his face and helmet under his arm. Despite the temperature, he showed no sign of discomfort. The Wraith didn't even try to make conversation, and Mako fell silent for a moment. An uneasy quiet descended upon the small group of vehicles that were still there.

Where in space are Leon and the others? We can't leave without them...

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 3, 2007 6:29:51 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2331
Total Posts:  2689
December 3, 2007 6:45:31 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury and Bob had climbed to the top of a mountain pass and had found a cave to hole up in for the night. Fury had found some twigs and matted fibers and grasses in the back of the cave (and thankfully no beasties) and Bob lit it, though not with his lightsaber like Fury wanted him to.

The next morning they dug their way out of the cave entrance and started heading down the path that would take them to the nearest valley. Not too far along, they came upon a rocky overhang with a spectacular view of the valleys below.  They went to ground and started gridding out the area with their macrobinoculars.

Bob nudged him after a couple minutes and pointed to the right, near the bottom of their particular mountain.

"Hello," muttered Fury and zoomed in.

He saw a small village of gumdrop looking houses around a circular center ring. There were lots of banners and ribbons up, and the occasional poster that read "Fah Hoo Forays", whatever that meant.

No one was out in evidence though some smoke plumes were coming out of the roofs of some of the buildings.

"You got anything Bob? All I see is some small village of innocents that can't even afford fusion stoves in each home.  I bet they couldn't even cough up a decent roast beast if we held them at gunpoint. And no, I'm not planning on doing that. If they have roast beast, they are more than willing to eat it all."

Bob went back to recording readings on a datapad. They'd synch that up with the datacore back at the base camp. 

He looked up at Fury and then back at the village and then back at Fury.

"You want me to name the ville?  I dunno, call the damn thing Whoville for all I care. Let's keep going. Maybe we can find a bigger settlement before this damn cart gives out."
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Finch
ComNet Novice

Finch

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  71
December 3, 2007 7:52:14 PM    View the profile of Finch 
Finch chuckled softly, watching as Lucky put Brock into timeout. It seems that being ASL had its perks. Drumming her fingers on the map and running her fingers through her hair, she pointed out a section on the map.

"This is where we have to go. Fifty-five kilometers to this canyon..." She traced the path with her finger, "And when we get there, we're to take care of whatever needs to be taken care of. Eclipse will be our back up, am sure, but they might be busy themselves. We will need to travel light..."

She was literally talking out loud to herself, jotting down mental notes of the terrain. She glanced up at Brock. "Make yourself useful and go find some of this so called 'hot chocolate'. I think I would be interested to try this concoction..." She turned back to Lucky, looking at her curiously as Brock trotted off.

"I would say one gun each, a couple of specialized tools, maybe mele weapons like knives... what about you?"

Corporal Ievit Olphert

TRP/CPL Finch/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES-1C][EW-1C]

Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  2159
December 3, 2007 8:12:05 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Garryll made one last attempt to get the blasted bat head off of the transport.

"C'mon, dammit! The thing smells like shit, looks like shit, and seems to have affected your brain!"

Mako just shrugged. "Yes, but it's scary. And intimidating - I shall not take it down."

Gates sighed. He checked his weapons, checked the power levels of his spare clips, set his rifle to the safety 'on', did the same thing with his pistol.

"Y'know that we spiked some of that hot chocolate" said Mako suddenly.

"You're kidding, right?" Gates said disbelievingly.

"Tanus made me do it. And then Orobos drank the rest of it."

"So we've got three 'goons slightly, eh, drunk before we've even started?"

"Meybe four - Leon could'a drank the rest."

"Shit. And the General is coming along for the ride. With Orobos. Geez, this mission already sucks."

The two fellow DD mates rechecked weapons, looked over at the Raider stormtrooper.

"So what is our positive aspect to add to the mission? Recon some mine, blow it up if the situation sucks, and how on earth does this help us?" Gates said into the personal com with Mako.

"Maybe they can't function without something in the mine?"

"Yeah, but why send in two squads? This thing's a cake walk."
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  924
December 3, 2007 8:50:24 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
5:46:59 Mission Clock
18:49:18 local time

Where in the name of the Force are the others?

Dante scanned the horizon, searching for some sign of the Dragoon SL or the troopers that were supposed to be in the same transport.

I don't want to think about how silly we'll look if we're still sitting here when the others return.

Dante suddenly shivered and had to bite back several strings of curses as a pair of fingers in his left arm started to go numb.

On the other hand, we might freeze to death first.

Dante sat back and tried to block out the background noise. His suit's portable, built-in heater stuttered for a moment, then failed outright. As knives of cold dug in through chinks in the now rapidly cooling armour, Dante cursed and hit the back-mounted heater with enough force to put another dent in the armour. Miraculously, it succeeded in persuading the heating coils to resume functioning.

Thank the Force for small favors.

Dante still had to repress a shiver, however, when another cold gust of wind blew through the camp.

Where in blazes is Leon?

In the other seats, Mako and Gates were arguing again over the bat head. Dante was forced to agree with Gates on the issue.

The damn thing looks like it's grinning and the stench alone will let the enemy know we're here. That is, if it doesn't suffocate them first.

As he turned his attention back to the barracks, Dante heard something that caught his attention.

"Y'know that we spiked some of that hot chocolate"

Please be joking...Please be joking...

"You're kidding, right?"

"Tanus made me do it. And then Orobos drank the rest of it."

One trooper that's probably so out of it he can't aim. Great work, Mako.

"So we've got three 'goons slightly, eh, drunk before we've even started?"

Three? We're doomed!

"Meybe four - Leon could'a drank the rest."

Great. Just what we need a drunk commander. I don't suppose you drugged Rizzit too, did you?

"Shit. And the General is coming along for the ride. With Orobos. Geez, this mission already sucks."

You, my friend, are a master of understatement.

Dante held his head between his hands, shaking it as he did so, and wondered if things could get any worse.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 3, 2007 8:57:27 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  795
Total Posts:  1091
December 3, 2007 9:35:33 PM    View the profile of Leon 

Oh man! Those bastards must have doped up the Hot Chocolate or something! Leon could barely hold himself up right, let alone give out orders. He tried his best though to maintain his composure, ignoring the sudden urge to laugh for no particular reason. “DD! C’mon g-guy’s, go jump in y-your respective Sleds, it’s time to get out of here.” Stammered the young Squad Leader, trying to get a grip on himself.

“Are you alright Leon?” Questioned Dante.

“Yeah yeah, ever-y-thing is fine. Just fee-eeling a little light headed, ‘tis is all.”

“Umm alright. Well I suggest we get going, the other squads are already taking off.”

“Yeah, you-re ri-ght.”

What in the Sith’s name am I doing? Why am I talking so funny? Leon took notice in the fact that he was slurring his speech, one of the many signs that indicated someone was drunk or intoxicated. He took one clumsy step forward, nearly falling face first into the snow. He received a couple of puzzled glances, some of his squad mates murmuring smart remarks to each other. On his next step towards the sled, he tried to make it look as normal as possible, making sure to keep his weight balanced between both feet. He continued this strategy until he made it to the Sled. Now came his next task…

Getting into the Sled.

Ahead of him stood a set of three steps. Three, long, steps. This seemingly normal set of stairs, that almost any living being with two legs and a brain could get over, now seemed like the biggest challenge Leon would ever face in his life. The Squad Leader set two cautious hands on both railings, putting his weight forward on both arms. Leon slowly lifted his right leg, and set it on the first step.

Alright alright, that wasn’t too hard. Now let’s get the other leg up.

Leon repeated the same steps, except this time with his left leg. He smiled when he saw that he had made it onto the first step. Now he only had two more to go. As Leon did this, his Sled team looked on with great amusement, snickering and trying to hold back laughs. Tanus looked away from the spectacle before them, feeling bad at what he and his other two troopers had done. This would surely be a mistake he’d regret.

“Hey Leon, you want me to drive this thing? You don’t look like you’re feeling to well.” Offered Tanus.

“Oohhh no, it’s alright. Just a little nervous, that’s all.”

“Leon, look at you, so pathetic.”

“What? Who said that?”

“Oh my, you don’t remember? I cannot believe you don’t remember… Ahh yes, I remember now.”

“What are you talking about? What the hell is going on?”

“Leon, I’m here to help you. I’m your
Guardian Angel. Now I’ve come to offer help, and in the current state you’re in, there’s no way you can lead a squad of eight. Do you wish to accept?”

“Accept? What? I don’t have a clue as to what you’re talking about. Am I talking to myself? Inside my head?”

“Well you could say that.”

“Wow I really am screwed in the head.”

“You don’t have a clue.”

“Ass.”

“Look, I’m tired of this useless bickering. If you let me help you, I’ll give you back a little piece of your memory. How does that sound?”

Leon’s jaw dropped, not being able to understand what was going on inside of him.

“Ok, do you want anything in return?”

“No no no, of COURSE not Leon. After all, isn’t ‘tis the season to be jolly?”

“Alright, just don’t screw anything up. Do what you gotta do, and let’s get my boy’s outta here.”

“As you command.”

Leon’s body shuddered, and then started shaking uncontrollably. He collapsed on one knee, his breathing growing heavy as if he had just finished a mile long run. Seconds later, he was back to normal… Or at least seemed so.

“Sorry about that guy’s, I had some pre-mission jitters. Let’s get moving, I want to get this mission over with and get off this rock.”

The other’s on the sled exchanged worried glances, not being able to comprehend what had just happened. “You alright Leon?” Asked a worried Tanus.

“Yes damnit!” Spat Leon. “Now everyone get to their assigned stations. I don’t want anyone bitching on the way over. Let’s go.”

Leon hit a sequence of buttons, each of them lighting up when pressed. Seconds later, a low whine filled the air which steadily grew in frequency. The Sled’s Repulsor Lift’s began to kick in, and Leon let an evil smile snake its way across his face. When he saw that systems were all green, he punched the throttle, shooting the Sled off into unknown territory.

Little did the squad know, something horrible had just happened to their Squad Leader. He had just made a vital mistake in allowing the other side to control him, and now his comrades would have to pay for it.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  144
December 3, 2007 9:46:57 PM    View the profile of Gimp 
A couple of days of his cubes nearly freezing had taken the edge off of Gimp. He had contemplated shooting himself in his other foot so that he could get a ride back to the Dominion but decided against it. Maybe they would just make him sit in one of those cold ass tents with a hole in his good foot until the mission was over.

Better to just wait it out.

A fifty five kilometer ride on one of the spiffy sleds would bring some much needed action. Were things left up to the Private, the sleds would be in groups arranged by squads with only as much mixing as necessary. As it stood, he would get the opportunity to see how a few other folks handled business. That couldn't be bad. He had heard the sled arraignments through the grapevine and knew that he and Doc would represent Eclipse on a sled, along with Finch, Baretz, and LunaTick from Paladin. Along for the ride would also be Tnepres form Wraith.

How the hell is that pronounced?

Gimp hoped he would get to sit in the back and work the brake again. He didn't want to be responsible for driving everyone, and there was at least a decent chance he would be the worst shot on the sled. What if he accidentally hit one of the other sleds with an errant shot? The guys in that sled probably wouldn't be able to laugh it off for months, if not much longer. And besides, he already had valuable experience working the brakes. Haha, you have lots of experience working the ol' handbrake. Valuable indeed. He shrugged as he remembered everyone on the sled likely out-ranked him and that he would just have to do as he was told.

I wonder if the ice is going to be a problem in transit? You know the glare can give you a headache?

And here I was thinking you might think something useful.

I did think something useful. Just because you can't think of a use doesn't make it useless.

Why not just be quiet? Or fantasize about some of these Lady Troopers?

Yeaaaah, look at that one. I'd like to give her a stocking stuffer, you know what I mean?

Word.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited December 3, 2007 9:50:19 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1018
Total Posts:  1305
December 3, 2007 10:54:01 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The sled assignments were messaged to him by his Company Commander late the night before. Right before he was jumped by Snipes that is. He was happy to see him again. He was his close confidant during his short stint with the Wraiths and he was glad to be fighting along side him. He was also glad that alcohol froze at this temperature, so Snipes was much more sober than usual.

He woke up the next morning and looked over the list one more time. He caught a name he hadn't noticed the night before, possibly because he was dead tired and damn near frostbitten. It was the name of a certain Sullustan he had been warned about.

Wicket.

He enunciated the name almost as if something impeded him from uttering it.

"2 hours with him, eh."  He scratched his head and reached down to grab some snow. He put it in his mouth and chomped on it with a satisfying crunch.

"Not happening." He walked back into the barracks and turned over one of the cargo boxes that had been used previously as a footrest. He removed the lid and placed it by his bed, next to his equipment.

If he was right about Wicket, he would need it.

Walking out, he spotted Finch, Lucky, and Baretz. Baretz had a cigar in his mouth and was looking out into the nothingness as usual. It was beginning to become a trademark for him.

Finch and Lucky turned to face their leader and waved him hello. Giovanni nodded and stood by them. They were happy to share their exotic drink with him.

"Gio! You have to try this!" Lucky pushed her thermos in Gio's face, causing him to stagger back.

"It doesn't have any alcohol, does it? I told you guys about that and i mean it, i dont-" They shushed him and handed him a cup of some kind of brown steaming liquid. It looked totally unappealing to him, but if two women were drinking he had to drink it.

He sipped the liquid, and burned his tongue.

"Blech!"

He grabbed some snow and put a little in his mouth. He tried once again to drink the piping hot liquid.

It wasn't bad.

"I think you guys are onto something. If only we could spike this with... I mean..." He caught himself incorporating alcohol into yet another of his conversations.

Finch only raised her eyebrow and looked at his condescendingly.

Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 
  ^CombatEngineer^

SL/SFC Giovanni Bryden/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Cadet

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  203
December 3, 2007 11:30:25 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Darr-Ran showed up to the sled along with Rogueboy and the rest.  Darr slid in behind the pilots seat and started lighting up the engines.

"About to head out," Mako reported to Leon through the comm.

"About time.  What kept ya?"  Leon replied harshly.

Mako looked over at Gates with a curious glance.  "What's his problem?" he asked through the private chat.

"Maybe he is pissed cuz you ruined his cocoa." Gates said back.

Darr did a final check and the sled was off.  As they pulled out from base Mako saw that Leon's sled was shooting out of the base at a ridiculous pace.

"Doesn't look like he drank it if he's driving like that!"

The sleds were off to drop the Wraiths off at their destinations.  The trip was uneventful for the most part on Mako's sled.

_________At the Mine___________________________________________

When the two sleds pulled up at the mine, the troops all deployed, checking their safeties.  Mako jumped out and the rest of the troops on the sleds looked thankful.

Mako wondered how the trip on the other sled played out.  Everyone was still alive, but the combination of Leon being a dick and Rizzit being present was a bit scary to think about.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  657
Total Posts:  1795
December 4, 2007 7:49:39 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan had gathered the squad onto the sled and was figuring out how to get the engines started.  He heard various members of the Wraith squad bickering amongst themselves.  Oh great thought Alan we get stuck with the amateurs of the Vast Empire, why could Rizzit not have paired us off with a professional squad like Paladin.

"You guys ready to get moving?" called out Kanderin, trying to smile.

"We were waiting for you guys. Didn't want to bother you, sounded like it was your time of the month or something" Alan replied, smiling back.

Pressing several buttons on the sled, the engines hummed to life and the sled carrying the Iron Horse squad was off.  The sleds carried both squads to their predetermined co-ordinates and then they carried on on-foot.

Both squads moved slowly, with no activity being detected.  Neither squad really interacted with each other and Alan wondered why the Iron Horse squad had the Wraith squad to back them up as he knew Iron Horse could tackle whatever was out here, if anything.

Alan suddenly noticed something on the ground.  He called out to the Wraiths, "I think we should bunch up Arn, I have bad feelings about what we're about to run into"

"Why's that?" Arnaut called back.

Alan pointed at the ground to his right and replied "Footprints".

Arnaut was quick to action, ordering Kanderin and Snipes to scout ahead.

Alan quickly ordered Vince and Ken to scout out as well.  If there was trouble then he wanted to know about it.

They reported back that there was nothing in the immediate vicinity apart from a heat source buried in the ground.  Deciding that it was not worth further investigating, Alan ordered the squad to press on but to be wary.  Footprints meant only one thing, that there was someone else out here.  Alan didn't know who or where they were now but he didn't want to be surprised by anyone.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited December 4, 2007 7:51:38 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  928
December 4, 2007 10:26:05 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
5:47:3 Mission Clock
19:00:22 local time

As Dante shivered, he saw several figures approaching the sleds. One of them was lurching slightly and appeared to be intoxicated.

Please let that be anyone but Leon...

Much to Dante's dismay, the figure tottering towards the sled was indeed the Dragoons SL.

Sithspawn.

A strange sound came through the Dragoon SL's speaker, and Dante was afraid that the SL was going to be sick inside his helmet.

If he does, he might choke to death in his own vomit.

Thankfully, Leon merely coughed, then straightened up and spoke, his voice slurred but understandable.

“DD! C’mon g-guy’s, go jump in y-your respective Sleds, it’s time to get out of here.”

Dante got into the side seat of sled four and repressed an urge to groan.

Maybe I can talk him out of it...

“Are you alright Leon?”

“Yeah yeah, ever-y-thing is fine. Just fee-eeling a little light headed, ‘tis is all.”

When it snows on Mustafar...

Before Dante could continue to try to talk the Dragoon leader out of it, Tanus chipped in.

“Umm alright. Well I suggest we get going, the other squads are already taking off.”

“Yeah, you-re ri-ght.”

Damn you, Tanus. You started this mess and you're only making it worse.

Dante could do nothing but glare as the Dragoon SL tried to get into the sled, but failed twice. He had to repress a desire to moan, or at least break something.

If he can't even walk, what are the odds he can drive?

As the SL finally made it in, Dante buckled the restraint system.

I have a feeling I'll need it...

Dante gripped the railing hard enough to dent the durasteel metal as Leon sent the speeder rocketing out of the base, past astonished personnel and troopers.

We're doomed..

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 4, 2007 3:21:25 PM)]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Cadet

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  206
December 4, 2007 11:41:16 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
OOC:
Dante:

We are already at the mines

Mako exited the vehicle and the 'Goons and the Raiders all stood around the opening of the mine entrance. 

Mako was hoping that they didn't run into bats the way that Akaan had, but he kept it to himself.

The troops all entered the cave mouth, their helmets taking only milliseconds to adjust to the low lighting inside.

Mako looked around, inspecting the mine as best he could.  It did not appear to be manmade, at least not at this point.  Mako wondered whether or not the cave would show more signs of an intelligent touch as they got deeper.

"Let's get down tehre and blow this thing!  You guys are slowing me down!" Leon said cruelly.

"Leon.  Did you crap your suit?  What's with the change in attitude all of a sudden?"

A few of teh others snickered, but Leon did not.  He turned quickly to Mako and snapped:

"If you keep slowing me down, you may very well die down here."

Mako looked at the SL carefully, trying to determine if it was a threat or a warning.

He decided to drop the issue.  Hopefully Leon would soon return to his usual perky self.

I guess losing a Trooper isn't something he is used to, but who knew a little rum would turn him into such a deuschebag.  I hope he gets over it soon.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  535
December 4, 2007 2:35:29 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sat in the sled. Everything was silent and tense with the Company Commander sitting opposite him. There was only some mumbled conversation between the Raiders but apart from that nothing else was said. Orobos sat back in his seat making sure the safety was on on his weapon.

This feels like the longest hour in my life

Orobos sighed. He felt a buzz from his datapad and whipped it out. It was from Mako.

Did you really drink the rest of that bottle? Also it seems Leon might have. He's acting a bit funny.

Orobos quickly typed a message back to him.

Yes I did but don't worry, I can handle it. Let's just hope Leon keeps his head during the mission. Actually you and Tanus too.

He slipped the datapad away and slipped his makeshift helmet off. He spun it around in his hands a bit and held it under his arm. He looked around in the dim light at the rest of the group in the sled. The awkward silence stretched out for another bit inside the vehicle when the rattling stopped.

They sat for a moment then the door at the back fell open with a thud and they got up immediately hoping out and running over to their squads. Orobos walked over and stood with the Draggons.

Tanus and Urakai were looking awkwardly at Leon who was standing straight backed and looked like he was fully in charge even though Rizzit was here.

"Right move into the mines," He heard what he thought was Rizzit say and they moved up to the entrance. After a minute he heard Leon telling them to keep up. Orobos quickened his pace coming up behind him.

"Leon. Did you crap your suit? What's with the change in attitude all of a sudden?"

Leon looked over his shoulder and snapped at Mako. The snickering stopped at the remark and they walked on for a bit in silence.

"Hey you think this is cos of Akaan?" Mako asked as Orobos fell into step with him and Garyll.

"Losing a trooper is probably hard if your responsible for him," Garyll said,

"Either that or alcohol and hot chocolate is a really bad mix," Orobos said thinking back to when Mako dumped the rest of his drink into the mug.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  929
December 4, 2007 3:14:12 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Leon's speeder came to a sudden stop, and Dante was thrown against the front of the sled with enough force to dent his visor and make him see stars for a moment. He sat there for a moment, trying to see straight, then straightened up and detached his restraint system. Most of the other troopers were sprawled in their seats, stunned by the impact, with the exception of the Wraith ASL, who seemed to be rather angry, based on body posture. Dante couldn't really blame him.

I'm starting to doubt Leon's condition. If he makes a mistake...

The Squad Leader in question was standing impatiently next to the speedrer, left hand moving along his blaster's barrel.

"Let's get down there and blow this thing! You guys are slowing me down!"

There were quiet murmurs from the Dragoons, and Dante opened up a channel to Vint.

"Do you think Leon is..."

"Intoxicated?"

"Well, yes!"

Vint sighed, a sound distorted by the comlink.

"I do, but there's nothing we can do about it. I just hope Rizzit notices..."

As if he had somehow heard Vint, Rizzit stepped out of one of the sleds that had just arrived. Troopers deployed in his wake, and the chime of activating HUD's and theclack of safeties filled the air.

Rizzit scanned the area, then snapped out an order.

"Right. Move into the mines."

"Roger that."

The pair of squads advanced into the cave's mouth. Yawning like a titanic beast, it had a thin coating of snow that had drifted in from outside and stalagmites, doubtless built up from minerals in the snow. Dante felt a sudden shift in temperature and felt a gust of warm air hit his faceplate, even through the plating. The snow from outside fed a small stream, which trickled into the cave. For some reason, he was unpleasantly reminded of holovids of the Clone Wars droid factories. The ones on Geonosis had been hidden in the same way, with caves as exhaust vents.

Could we be walking into a factory filled with hostile battle droids? With the state Leon is in, i certainly hope not.

Mako asked Leon a question, showing maybe a little less respect than he should have, and Leon responded with harsh words, obviously meant to hurt.

This isn't how Leon used to behave. Could it be grief?

Dante then felt his foot encounter something sticky on the rough, mineral coated floor. He looked down and saw a sticky black substance, Tearing his foot away and wiping it on a rock, Dante crouched and saw fragments of bone and unidentifiable organic material in the sticky goo.

I have a nasty feeling that is bat guano. In close confines like this cave, we might not get a clear shot. That, plus the fact there could be hundreds of them in here, would give them the advantage and with their teeth and claws they could use it well.

Despite the warmth, Dante shivered and though aloud.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

OOC:
Mako, we're at the caves now. I added the last line because every Star Wars story needs it at least once

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 5, 2007 9:14:49 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  921
Total Posts:  3440
December 4, 2007 3:22:44 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
lucky smiled as she heard Gio start to mention something about alcohol. she knew what hot chocolate was, but she hadn't tasted any that had come from Tadath before. It wasn't bad, but the one at home was better.

She had brought along a Rifle , one of her DC-15s and a few frags. she had  plenty of ammo, but she wasn't planning on sharing it any time soon.

Looking at the people that were assigned to her sled, she saw that Jelly Bean and Alater , two friends of hers from Eclipse would be on the sled with her, Aravan and Viper X. 

She turned back to Gio who was talking with Finch and sipping the hot chocolate she had brandishhed in his face a couple minutes back.

"Hey , any left?" she asked her SL. He gave her the Thermos and told her she could have the rest. There were only a couple of sips worth left.

She drank it in silence and kept watchful for anything out of the ordinary.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:29:49 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 106  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >