Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ << 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  642
Total Posts:  903
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
December 22, 2007 5:59:32 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The rearguard was in place, shots were being fired, and five Wraith troopers were sprinting as fast as they could through the blinding snow and wind to get away from the ambush. The snow was thick and relelntless, blinding out the world in white. It had started to come down harder, and, without comlink lines or radar, which had gone out about fifteen minutes ago with the snow, the Wraiths were effectively blind.

“Stick close. You go out there and you might never come back,” Arnaut relayed over the short distance comlink. No one said anything, but Arnaut could tell from the way they suddenly huddled closer together that they’d gotten the message.

The snow came down even harder and now visibility was limited to the legnth of Arnaut’s arm.  Snipes was next to him, he assumed, and Tnepres on the other side. Rik and Tellen were the two other recruits that comprised Wraith squad on this mission. They lagged a bit behind, still troubled over the death of Malen. All three of them had come through the academy together, gotten placed in the same squad together. And then Malen had taken one in the back of the head. Arnaut wondered if either of the two surviving recruits would be of any use in their depressed state.

“Keep up,” he stated crisply into the comlink. They hurried forward. Or, at least, tried to. The first shots caught them unaware, ripping through Rik’s thigh even as the Wraiths were turning to face the new threat. Rik went down hard, blood gushing from his already freezing wound. The open skin, unprotected by the gash in his armor, didn’t stand a chance in Yuka’s icy weather. Rik whimpered over the comlink.

“Frig, frig, frig,” Arnaut was muttering, firing blindly into the snow. Tnepres and Snipes went prone, laying down opposite waves of fire in the enemy’s general direction. Tellen was dressing Rik’s wound.

“Snipes, right flank, covering maneuver now!” Snipes rolled into a squatting position and hurried off to the right, disappearing into the snow. Silence. Then an exchange of shots. Arnaut and Tnepres hurried forward, using Snipes’ distraction to allow them to get within range of the enemy. They could see them now. Five troopers, fully geared. They must’ve had some very strong IR scanners, because Arnaut hadn’t been able to pick them up. They were looking away from the pair of Wraiths.

“Aw, we can take them,” Tnepres muttered.

“On three,” Arnaut said. Tnepres nodded. “One…”

“…three!” Tnepres was off, charging at the monstrosities who were still unaware that he was even there. Arnaut muttered a curse at Tnepres’ lack of self regard and charged forward. His blades unsheathed even as he started to fire, springing forth from their compartments on Arnaut’s bracers.  Arnaut smiled. He’d been waiting a long time to do this.  Knives held forth, Arnaut lunged.

And was batted aside. The weight and power behind the hydraulic enhanced body armor of the troopers sent Arnaut tumbling through the snow, ending up on his back gasping for breath. Tnepres managed to put a round through on of the troopers armor before a fist slammed him into the ground. Arnaut lunged up again, filled with rage. He ignored the pain in his side all together, darting toward the nearest enemy trooper. He dodged the first swipe, the second, the third. Arnaut had a clear line for the thing’s throat. Then a round from one of the other’s hit him in the square of the back. He tumbled out of the giant’s reach, gasping for breath, and had to roll as the second trooper aimed to fire at him again.

Arnaut wasn’t sure if he himself had been hit or if his armor had taken the blow. His chest hurt immensely, and somewhere – he couldn’t tell where- somewhere inside his suit, a warm sticky fluid was leaking out of him. He coughed and the coppery taste of blood filled his mouth.

They were just too immense, too tough. They were invincible, they were ultimate, they were… A small, hard cylinder clinked off the nearest one’s helmet and landed at his feet. A perfect throw. He looked at it thickly for a long second, turned, and exploded. The concussive force sent snow, metal, bone fragments, and blood into the air in one, giant cloud, and then brought it raining down again. Fragments of the grenade caught two others, tore open their armor and the pinky flesh underneath, and left them bleeding on the ground.  The last two were simply knocked flat. Snipes appeared out of the gloom, landed on the nearest one, and knifed him to death. As the other enemy giant tried to rise, Snipes turned neatly and blew out his throat. He fell like a rock.

“Thought you could use a hand,” Snipes said, pulling Arnaut out of the snow. Arnaut spluttered and coughed, spitting out more blood into his helmet’s filter.

“Thanks,” he mumbled weakly. He suddenly realized Tnepres was still lying face down in the snow. He hurried over and rolled the fellow Wraith onto his back. He was alive.

“Nearly clubbed me to death, he did,” Tnepres coughed. His chest plated was nearly caved in, and spidery cracks climbed almost all the way to the back of the armor. When Arnaut commented on this, Snipes chuckled.

“Your armor doesn’t look so fancy either, Sarge.” Arnaut felt around the back of his armor and was dismayed to find a large, jagged hole in the pack attached to the back of the suit. The power supply still looked good; it hadn’t been hit. Half his rations were smoked, though, with the other half already freezing in the weather. And his only supply of lukewarm water in the suit had been punctured and frozen over.

“Well, looks like the techs back at base camp will have some stuff will have no shortage of work.”

Tellen and Rik were still huddled over in the snow when Arnaut got back. Rik was unconscious and Tellen, in his frantic, depressed state, was crying over what he thought to be Rik’s corpse. Kind of pitiful, Arnaut thought as he looked over the two, before going over and finishing fixing up Rik’s half-dressed leg. They started to move again, albeit a lot slower with Rik only semi-conscious and Tellen a nervous wreck. Tnepres and Snipes were out stalking on either side of the trio, almost as far as the short-range comlinks could reach, making sure they weren’t passing by an enemy patrol again.

After ten minutes of this, Arnaut pulled Tnepres and Snipes back in. Two large, menacing cliffs rose to either side of them creating a narrow passage that they could rest from the wind in. Kanderin should’ve been catching up with them by then. As if on cue, Kanderin’s call came over the comlink.

“…least seven in tow, possibly more. We’re un…fire. Fraot…bleeding badly…Arnaut, this is…reply?”

“Keep coming, Kanderin, we’ll cover you,” Arnaut responded. He turned back and was happy to see that Snipes and Tnepres were almost done.

“Alright, let’s pull back and allow them to come through.”

It was almost twenty minutes before Kanderin, Fraot, and Jennabelle finally staggered through the pass. Fraot’s side was punctured and the bandages were black. Arnaut winced upon seeing the wound. It was bad. She would live, but it still was bad. The three ran in between the narrow pass of rocks, and continued running through the other side, down the gently sloping hill, away from the pass, just as Arnaut had told them to do.

Then came the enemy soldiers. Eight of them, Arnaut counted. He idly rubbed the side of his chest where he’d taken the hit from one of their friends not too long ago.  He would enjoy this.

The eight of them surged forward, a monstrous tide of metal and plasteel, four armored colossuses striding through the snow. They were hunting their prey with ruthless efficiency and speed, and gaining on them. It would be a matter of minutes before they reached the three Wraiths. They had eyes only for their prey. They had not even considered the fact that they themselves might be the ones being hunted. It all worked to the advantage. The eight stepped into the pass as one. Arnaut hit the button on his gauntlet.

The fifteen carefully concealed det packs, buried in the snow and the surrounding rock walls, simultaneously exploded. Eight soldiers disappeared in a flurry of snow and fire. When the smoke cleared, there was nothing apart from a few pieces of shrapnel and a large blast crater. Arnaut let out a sigh of relief. Coming down from his perch overlooking the narrow pass, he rushed over to where the rest of the Wraiths waited.

Someone had put fresh dressings and a helping of bacta on Fraot’s wound, but she still hunched over and gasped for each breath. Kanderin was pained, Arnaut could tell easy enough from the way he constantly looked over at her and back to the surrounding area, as if daring an enemy to come and try to get a second hit. Arnaut decided that there was nothing more his feeble medical skills could do for her, and keyed his comlink.

“Snipes, report.”

“Well, we're in what appears to be a…valley, of sorts, or so. I dunno. Anyway, this might be a shorter path back to the main base, or it might not be. It doesn't really matter right now, either way. There’s a relatively large structure ahead, like a hangar or something. I’d bet we could find some nice medical supplies in there. Better than risking a trip down an unknown path down to a base camp we don’t know the location of.”

“Any hostiles? People? Anything?”

“Yeah, there seems to be a few trucks moving in and out. Enemy trucks, it looks like, but security is lax. None of the giant troopers it seems. More of a militia. We could get in easy.”

“Roger that. We’ll be at your position in about fifteen minutes. Then we’ll see about this hangar.”
Gunnery Sergeant Arnaut
SL/GSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [ES2] [EW2]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1009
Total Posts:  1920
December 22, 2007 8:55:54 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Before Darr's post

Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
10:28:01 Mission Clock
23:44:31 local time

The battered and combat damaged vehicles came to a smooth stop next to a supply tent as their pilots shut the engines and repulsorlifts down. Clouds of snow and ice fragments flew in all directions as the propulsion systems cooled and turned from their fiery red to a dull grey.

As several squads ran from their barracks towards the vehicles and the base's defensive guns turned, Rizzit left his place at the vehicle's controls and walked calmly ,but slightly quicker than usual, towards the vehicle's troop ramp.

He pressed his hand to a touch sensor and the ramp lowered to ground level with a quiet hiss. As hydraulics deactivated, and as layers of snow began to slowly build up on top of the vessel's engines, Rizzit stepped out into the pristine snow and walked in the direction of the base.

One of the VE troopers brought his blaster up to firing position and cocked the safety to off.

"Halt!"

Rizzit sighed, a very human sound distorted by his helmet speakers, and removed his helmet.

"I am Brigadier General Rizzit BlackHeart of the Vast Empire Army and if you don't get that piece of junk out of my face, I might do something I'll regret later."

The trooper seemed to visibly shrink before Dante's eyes and when he spoke again, it was in a much more respectful manner.

"Sorry, sir. Ummm....the security demands dictate that..."

Rizzit swept past the trooper without so much as a backwards glance, leaving the Dragoons and Raiders to get out and head for debriefing.

After Dante had staggered out of a tent, his mind searched for any potentially valuable intel by the officer, he made a beeline through the moon-lit snow for the shack serving as Raiders HQ.

He was about to start removing his battered and bloodstained armour when Darr walked in, wearing all his armour.

Even before he spoke, Dante felt a durasteel weight fall into his stomach.

"We're going there again with the Dragoons in four hours. Get some rest and start preparing."
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
"Better to be a live fool than a dead philosopher."
Raiders
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
*HeavyWeapons *
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  763
Total Posts:  1849
December 23, 2007 5:56:53 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"By the way, what happened to your armour?" Kanderin called, trying to smile.

"Oh we had some problems on the way down here" Arnaut responded "Seems we're not the only ones"

"Yeah, it was my fault. I signalled the all clear and we sprinted, I didn't see the two hiding down the alleyway. I really screwed up"

"The snow's too thick for anyone to be sure on anything Kand, you cant blame yourself too much"

"I guess, but I should've taken that shot. I was going to be the first one to get in their line of site but I lost my footing in the cold and stumbled. Fraot overtook me and then it happened"

He glanced down towards Fraot again, who was sleeping silently in his arms. Or at least, he hoped she was sleeping. Her wound had least stopped bleeding, so he breathed a sigh of relief.

Looking down towards the hanger they were approaching, his morale had taken somewhat of a shot. He had been feeling good about himelf for some time now, as for some reason he seemed to carry out every task of his impeccably. Then, due to his own error one of his soldiers was down. And it was the one he was the most protective over.

Suddenly, a hand patted him on the shoulder.

"You okay Kand?" Jenn smiled at him.

"I guess" He shrugged in response.

"You're too hard on yourself, you did an amazing job in a tough situation back there. You charged two hugely armoured men solo, if you hadn't done that Fraot would of probably took a second shot and that'd be it for her"

"if you hadn't helped when you did, I'd of followed her. They beat the crap out of me, remember?"

Jennabelle shrugged, gave him what looked like a smile and carried on ahead.
Ken Alibek
ComNet Novice

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  199
December 23, 2007 7:10:26 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
Alan had no idea where the Wraith squad were.  He assumed they would be alright but finding them would be very difficult so he decided that there was only one course of action to take.
Alan, Vince, and Ken leapt into the truck together. Fortunately, this truck was carrying only supplies. Alan had the troopers wait for a moment to make sure the driver hadn't noticed them getting on over the bumping of the terrain.

"Alright," Alan said softly, "we're safe for now. Ken, watch for the enemy. Vince, take a look at these crates with me."

Vince nodded his understanding, and the pair began examining the stacks.

"They're marked 'fuel' and 'rations' on this side, sarge," reported Vince.

"OK. I see 'rations' and, ah..." Beneath his helmet, a wide grin came to Alan's face. "Thermal detonators. We've gotta take some of these before we stop. Vince, lift up the lid and i'll grab some."

Vince quickly obeyed the order, opening the unlocked crate and holding it open while Alan removed nine detonators, three for each trooper. Suddenly, the truck's bouncing ceased.

"Sarge, we're very close to the hangar," said Ken. "What do we do when we stop?"

"Easy. Get under the truck before anybody comes back here. There aren't enough people in the hangar to give us trouble, and we can see where we are before we split."

Almost on cue, the truck made a left turn and stopped. All three troopers immediately leapt out and crawled under the truck. The human driver, oblivious to their presence, stepped out of the cab and walked to the rear, whistling. Alan looked around the hangar and found it deserted, so he took his knife in hand and sprang out from underneath the truck. In the blink of an eye, the driver was leaning back with Alan's blade against his neck.

The driver gave a terrified gasp, then slowly put his hands up in the air.

"Tell me where the power generator is," Alan quietly demanded.

The driver struggled to speak through his fear, stammering terribly. "Y-y-y-you're going to k-kill me anyway!"

"Yes. But I can do it fast...or slow," Alan answered.

The driver thought about it for a long moment, then took a deep breath and replied, "There are two generators underground, at....th-the north end. I'm ready."

"Wait. Which level?" Alan asked.

"I don't know, I'm just a driver."

Alan nodded, then cleanly slit the man's throat, leaning him back so the blood would stay on his jacket.

"Alright, troopers, stick him under the truck and we'll go find this generator. With any luck, we can leave these bastards a present and be outta here before they realize it."

Private First Class Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/PFC Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1012
December 23, 2007 9:14:40 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
10:33:04 Mission Clock
23:49:34 local time

The food was good, much better than the nutrient bars Dante had been choking down on the way. Despite the flavor of the freeze-dried steak and greens, Dante found himself unable to enjoy his meal. As he ate mechanically, his mind continually returned to the faces of Yush and the Dragoon who had died earlier in the mission and he soon lost his appetite. Setting his knife and fork down, he wiped his mouth and headed for the other side of the shack. There he started to take off his battle-damaged and clawed armour, setting aside damaged pieces. As he took off his helmet, he hesitated for a moment. He had retrieved it from Yush's corpse after his own had broken. He had not felt any guilt at the time and he felt none for the deed now, as he knew the trooper would not have wanted his equipment wasted. Indeed, had their positions been reversed, the PFC probably would have done the same thing.

His family...they need something other than a dog tag to remember him by.

Quietly Dante walked over to the Raiders SL, who was still in his battle-damaged snowtrooper armour.

"Sir, this helmet was Yush's and I thought that perhaps his family...would want it?"

He trailed off as the Raiders SL turned towards him, faceless beneath a layer of plastoid and a pair of ebony view-screens.

Great work. You just made a fool of yourself in front of Darr.

“I understand. I’ll see that it gets to his family.”

Dante could only nod as the SL turned back to the piece of durasteel serving as a  dinner table. Slowly, he returned to his bunk and continued to sort his armour.
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  685
Total Posts:  1795
December 26, 2007 10:55:20 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as Vince and Ken stashed the driver's dead body under the truck. Alan hoped that no-one would find the body until after they had set the detonators.

Staying low and close to the truck, Alan waited until the lift was quiet before giving Ken the signal to follow him. Vince waited by the truck to keep an eye on them.

Arriving at the lift, Alan groaned when he noticed that there five sub levels. The driver hadn't known which level the generators were on so they would have to check out all the levels. Alan didn't like it but he knew that all the recon they did would help if any further attacks were planned if the destruction of the generators did not destroy the place.

Deep in thought, Alan was startled when a voice behind them asked "who are you and what are you doing here?"

Alan quickly thought before replying "we're technicians here to upgrade the generators". Alan knew that this would surely not work but he didn't need it to work, just to buy them some time.

"What's your clearance code?" queried the soldier. Come on thought Alan as he knew that any word out of him other than a correct clearance code would result in certain death.

The officer spoke up, louder and in a more aggravated tone "clearance code now!"

Alan was struggling with what to say when suddenly he heard a scuffle behind him and the sound of someone letting out his last breath.

Whirling around, Alan was happy to see Vince standing over the fallen guard, a knife protruding from his back.

Alan was delighted but equally upset. "What the hell took you so long?" he asked.

"There was a patrol nearby and if I had moved any sooner they would have spotted me" replied Vince.

"Well, good job" replied Alan, happy that Vince had done everything he could do to make this trip a success.

The lift doors beeped and slid open. Alan was about to get both troopers to get in when he suddenly realised that Ken was nowhere to be seen. Where the hell thought Alan as he looked around. He was about to try his com when he spotted Ken approach from the direction of the truck.

Alan gave him a questioning gaze and Ken obviously noticing it said "just stashing the body under the truck Sarge".

"Good work Ken" replied Alan as they all got into the lift. Alan pressed the button marked sub level one. Well here we go thought Alan as the lift slowly descended, wondering what it was they were going to find.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited December 26, 2007 11:15:20 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1019
December 26, 2007 4:42:33 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
12:39:04 Mission Clock
1:55:34 local time

The barracks were almost completely silent, with only the quiet hum of the power generator and the clink of armour on armour to disturb the otherwise perfect quiet.

As Dante finished stripping, he threw his right boot into the discard pile, where it landed with a loud clank. Damaged plastoid was melted down and was reused in the newest sets of armour. Any intact electronics were removed and reused, a  process that had become necessary as the Empire lost territory and resources. 

Standing up, he walked over to the storage area, where pieces of armour were arranged in neat nows on the makeshift shelves. The dull yellow light from the overhead lights glinted as it was reflected off the bone-white plastoid and space-black angular viewscreens of the  replacement helmets and armour. Dante quickly picked up the seals and reinforced plastoid armour that needed replacing and brought them to his bunk.

As he suited up, starting with the leg plates, Dante found his mind once again returning to Yush and the others who had perished on this mission.

The look of agony on his face, the way he cried out for help and all of us just stood there, the curved fangs spilling their thick venom into his torso...I thought that I had seen the worst death the galaxy could offer. I was wrong.

"Enough." Dante muttered, eliciting a puzzled look from Rogueboy, who had the bunk next to his.

"Enough what?"

Enough of this mission, enough death, enough taking crap from the kriffing HC...

Aloud, Dante spoke only one word.

"Nothing."

Rogueboy looked concerned for a moment before shrugging and turning back to his own armour.

Several minutes later, the trooper had finished putting his armour on and was slowly lowering his helmet onto his head. He felt a  string of magnets inside the helmet tug gently, straining to connect with their counterparts in the suit, and he let go. There was a quiet hissing as the helmet seals and the suit's heating system activated. The visor emitted a ping followed by a string of beeps as the suit's diagnostic systems activated. Cursing under his breath, Dante activated the override and changed the settings.

I know how to use the HUD, thank you very much.

He had just picked up his DC-17 rifle when a crackle of static sounded and Darr's voice came through the helmet's com system.

"Pack your things and suit up, Raiders. It's time to go back into hell."

"Sithspawn..."
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 27, 2007 7:37:19 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  767
Total Posts:  1849
December 27, 2007 5:24:35 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The hanger looked far bigger than Snipe's message had portrayed. And a hell of a lot busier. As Kanderin and the rest of the Wraiths overlooked it, there was a man in what appeared to be a bullet proof vest directing three trucks into various parking spaces. Two armed guards shut the gate once they had passed.

"Sarge! We have a.."

"Problem, I know" Arnaut cut in, glancing down at a very heavily panting Snipes.

"They were ready for us, they've brought reinforcements..." Snipes
continued.

"Again, I know" Arnaut replied, watching a few dozen armed men jump out the back of the trucks.

"Well, what do we do?" Kanderin sighed, becoming all too familiar with the 'things never going to plan' scheme the Wraith's ran.

"I say we turn back, we're not in the shape, nor do we have the time to get involved in a firefight that size"

"It's too late to turn back Jenn, if we try and find another route we're going to waste a good few hours of time that we don't have" Kanderin explained.

"As much as I hate it Kanderin, you're right." Arnaut smiled. "We have the advantage in that, they may know we're coming, but they don't know we're here yet"

Before long, Arnaut had drawn out a hastily put together map in the snow of the hangar. With various dots and arrows pointing around it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't believe Sarge got us to guard this stupid hanger! It's worthless!" Lance Corporal Dravek shouted, punching the wall to his side.

"Calm down Dravek" Another man called over, only removing the cigar from his lips to mutter the words.

"But sir..." Dravek looked up and down the alleyway, which was only occupied by themselves and a few large crates. The only remotely interesting part of their task was that they were adjacent to the outer wall, but the world beyond was blocked out by a 20 foot high fence. "There's no way anyone will get through to us..."

"Just shut up Dravek, honestly" Corporal Taven shouted again, enraged at having to remove the cigar a second time.

He waited for the response, but nothing came. Silence.

"Dravek? No smart ass response?" Taven asked

Silence.

"Dravek, are you ok?"

Taven put the cigar down on top of one of the crates, picked up his rifle and wandered over to where the private used to stand. He had vanished into thin air.

Suddenly, a crack of boots dragged his attention over to one of the crates to his left. Raising his rifle, he peeked around the edge. Dravek sat bolt upright, an expertly cut windpipe exposed.

Taven span around and began to run, reaching for the radio in his chest pocket. Something emerged from a second crate and he collapsed to the ground in a mass of limbs. Breathing heavily, he looked up at the figure now looming over him. He got one glance of his long black hair and penetrating blue eyes, before a blaster bolt through his forehead killed off his senses.

"Ok, all clear" Kanderin spoke into his own comlink, dragging the Lance Corporal's body behind the crate to accompany his team mate. A few seconds later, the rest of the Wraith's emerged through the small gap cut into the fence.

"Awesome job Kand" Arnaut smiled "Almost as if you've done that before"

"Ah you'd be surprised" Kanderin smiled back, running his hands along the pockets of the dead soldiers for anything of value.
Sergeant Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SGT Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/[ES2][EW2]
Stamp Card
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1021
December 27, 2007 7:35:49 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
12:40:09 Mission Clock
1:56:39 local time

Dante pushed the reinforced carbon-fiber door aside and felt the gale-force wind stab like a knife into the gaps in his armour. His footsteps sent flurries of snow and ice into the air, where they were blown away into the darkness. Beyond the defensive perimeter, powerful floodlights sliced the darkness into geometric shapes and swept the frozen tundra beyond the camp.

Darr waved a gloved hand, and the squad followed him through the snow that had piled up, breaking through the thick layer of ice that formed its top. They walked through the camp in almost complete silence, and only  the ice crunching beneath their boots and the wind disturbed the silence that lay over the sleeping camp. They broke into a half covered trail that ran through the camp center, which made their passage much easier. The wind howled like a soul in torment and blew  tiny ice crystals onto his visor. Slowly, they melted from the armour's heat and the water trickled down the helmet before freezing from the cold less than an inch from where they had fallen.

Dante opened a com channel with the rest of the squad.

"It's as cold as Chaos out here."

There was a crackle of static and the crisp voice of the Raiders Squad Leader boomed through the helmet's improperly calibrated audio systems, deafening the Lance Corporal.

"Get used to it, trooper. The weather will probably get even better soon."

Even as part of his mind registered the rebuke and filed it away, the trooper was already reaching for the helmet control systems and fixing the overly loud com system.

Damn technicians. They can't get anything just right, can they?

Soon, the squad members had left the base and found themselves breaking through ice inches thick. Dante pushed, and found that the ice wouldn't give way. Frustrated, he pulled his DC-17 from where he had slung it over his back and used the rifle's butt to smash the ice. The snow's frozen top layer gave way quickly enough, and Dante waded through the soft snow that lay underneath. Darr held up a plastoid-covered hand, and the squad came to a halt.

Looking around, the trooper saw that they were underneath the AT-AT vehicle that he had seen on his arrival at the base. The behemoth was almost completely dark, with only a few running lights to betray the walker's position. Looking up at the massive assault vehicle's underside, Dante almost wondered out loud how they were supposed to enter but caught himself as thin cords with grips on their ends fell from the rear of the walker's undercarriage. Darr gestured and Dante grabbed onto the  nearest. Around him, the other Raiders were doing the same. There was a whirring, and the others vanished one by one. There was a gentle tug, and Dante pulled off the ground and into the belly of the beast.

OOC:
Sorry if it isn't that good, my access right now is limited...
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  688
December 28, 2007 10:19:04 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The lift doors slid open silently. Alan had his weapon raised expecting to find there to be enemy soldiers on the other side of the lift doors. He was happy when the doors opened and no one was there.

Stepping out into the hallway, Alan looked around and noticed that the corridors were empty. He motioned for Vince and Ken to exit the lift. They moved into the hallway and Alan watched as the lift doors slid closed. I hope that no one has called for the lift thought Alan.

"Which way Sarge?" queried Ken.

Alan had no idea what was down here and whether the generator was even on this level but he knew that they also needed to keep moving. "That way" he said as he pointed down the hallway veering off to the right. The squad started moving as Alan thought to himself I hope I'm not going to live to regret this.

The corridor was empty and it was starting to bother Alan slightly. I wonder where everyone are pondered Alan as he kept his hands firmly on his blaster expecting trouble at any moment. He was happy that it was so quiet but also very troubled. Turning a corner, they came across a closed door.

"Should we look inside?" queried Vince.

"That's why we're here Vince" replied Alan as he nodded to Ken, wondering what they were going to find.

Both Vince and Alan stood by the door, weapons raised and ready whilst Ken pressed the door release button. The doors slid open and Alan was happy when he noticed that there was no soldiers around. Something however attracted his attention.

"What the hell is that?" queried Ken when he entered the room.

By all that is holy thought Alan as he suddenly realised what it was.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  692
December 30, 2007 7:19:53 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The room was filled with Bacta tanks. Row upon row of tanks. Alan did not like the look of it one little bit.

"What are they doing with so much Bacta?" queried Vince.

Alan had no idea why this place had so much Bacta but what he did know was that whatever the reason was, it could not be good. Maybe they're planning on launching a war against us and this supply will be used to heal all their casualties thought Alan.

Alan looked over at Vince and replied "Whatever reason for them having so much Bacta cannot be good. Destroying the generators is no longer an option, we need to destroy this place completely!"

"How are we going to do that Sarge?" queried Ken, "there are only three of us after all".

Alan mulled that over. He desperately wanted to bring this place down but he also knew that if the depleted Iron Horse squad attempted to do it then the chances of success were not good and the mission would fail. Alan knew that that could not happen as Command might never find out about this place.

"We're leaving" said Alan.

"Sarge?" queried Ken.

"We have to get back to base camp and inform command. They can dispatch the Wraiths to deal with this".

"But Sir" objected Vince, "with are here right now, we can do this ourselves".

"We are leaving, now!" said Alan, "this is not open for discussion. If we did try to take out this place and fail then command would never know about it and that is just not an option. Let's move".

Alan could see that Vince was unhappy with the decision. He knew that he would prefer to stay and fight. Alan wanted to do the same but he knew he had to look at the bigger picture.

The squad exited the room and returned to the lift. They took the lift back up to the top and came face to face with drawn weapons.

Alan looked down the barrel of a blaster. As soon as he seen it he thought the mission was at an end, that was until he saw who it was that was holding the blaster.

"Arnault!" exclaimed Alan.

"It's nice to see you alive" replied Arnaut, "I thought you had returned back to base".

"Well we would have done but we came across this place and we just had to have a look" said Alan.

"So what can you tell me about this hangar?" queried Arnaut.

"Well they have a vast amount of bacta down there" reported Alan.

"Bacta!" exclaimed Arnaut, "why would they have a large amount of bacta?"

"I don't know" replied Alan "but whatever the reason it cannot be good. There's only three of us so I figured it best to report our findings to base camp".

"You did good" replied Arnaut, "now get back to base camp and let command know what's going on out here. I'm going to take the Wraiths and destroy this place".

"Good luck" replied Alan.

Looking at Vince and Ken, Alan said "right, let's commandeer one of these trucks and head back to base camp"

With that the Iron Horse squad headed back to where the trucks were parked, leaving the Wraiths to destroy the hangar.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  575
Total Posts:  814
December 30, 2007 9:00:37 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
“Well, at least one of our wish is granted, we get to find some nice medical supplies, if Snipes doesn’t mind I repeat his exact words of his wishes.” Jenny commented sarcastically, while Snipes replyed, chuckling:

“No, I don’t my genie. So Arnaut, what do you say we take some for the journey?”

“All right, Iron Horse mentioned it was down there, so Rik, why don’t you and I take a trip down the sub level one, Kand and Jenny, sub level two, sub level three will be left to the rest of you guys. Report back to me if you find anything of importance and anywhere it might be good to blow the place up into smithereens. Let’s move out, people.” Arnaut ordered as Jenny and the squad got into the elevator, Jenny saw him push the different levels and watched as Rik and Arnaut wished their good lucks, got out at the first sub level as the elevator door closed. Then Jenny got out and wished her good luck to the others, while Kanderin joked:

“Her life is in your hands, Snipes, if she dies, I’ll find you for responsibility and revenge, not the bastards down there.”

“Oh, you little----” Fraot cursed as the elevators door quickly closed as if in disapproval.

“Well, you had to do that, didn’t you?” Jenny asked as she and Kand walked along the first corridor of the second sub level, Kand nodded in regret as they continued.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Sergeant, I have your assurance that the bacta tanks are well guarded.” Captain Nakin asked harshly before getting a straight and nervous answer from the senior sergeant:

“Someone else besides us is here, the guards at the fence are not responding to radio calls, and one of the drivers of the trucks is missing, but the reinforcements are here, they reported imperial presence on Yuka soil, what do we do?”

Nakin slapped the Sergeant in the face to keep him from losing his cool, and explained his plan:

“Well, we make sure the bacta tanks are well guarded, Sergeant, I will see to that personally. In the mean time, call for some more men down to the generators on the third level and tighten security up here, we’re controlling their whole section down there, one little mishap with a wrong button push could corrupt our jamming system and our power, so make sure everything up here goes as smooth as butter. I will be in the bacta room if you need me, Sergeant. You’re dismissed, and don’t forget to tell that technician that those comlinks need to be kept in a safe place, I’ve already told you where earlier this evening.”

Nakin exited the conference room, turned around a corner and was pulled back and muffled by Jenny.

“Well, good idea, I’m glad for your perceptive ears.” Kand thanked Jenny as she continued holding one hand on his cigar-breath mouth and the other with a bayonet on his larynx, dragging the dumbfound captain back into the first corridor, as Kand interrogated the idiot:

“Hello, captain, you’ll be glad to hear your ‘top’ corporals are now in the hands of the devil, so you might as well spit it out and tell us where you’re transporting the bacta and where the comlinks are being kept, before Jenny shows you pain the hard way by taking out your voice box, little by little, the slow way, or if you cooperate, the fast way.”

“You’ll need my keycard ---ahh--- and my fingerprint to access the---ahh—control room, but the comlinks are being kept in the communication room, the sergeant knows where, he’s probably heading there now, as for the bacta tanks, well, let’s just say our young lady here knows the source, Black Commandos.”

“How did you know about me? Who are you?” Jenny asked in anger, before she could stop herself and keep her mouth shut, she stabbed the man in the thigh and he yelled out in pain, which alerted the coming troopers nearby.

“Quick, Jenny, over here.” Kand waved her to a corridor on the left with an equipment room, with only one personnel inside, working on fixing another comlink.

“Hey, Pakria, I thought you were reporting to the sergeant, ---ah---, you were supposed to go to the communications room right away.”

“I told him that it was already locked safe and away here in the safe there, but who’s, ahh-----” Jenny saw as the techinican pointed at the safe in the corner of the room, locked by a keypad, and had gotten stabbed in the stomach.

“The code is--- ohhh--- 445271, ahh….” The technician spoke his last words and died, falling on the floor, while kand catched a chip that was dropped from the dead technician’s hand.

“That’s---ahh--- the code that bypasses the jamming system, it can replicated---ahh---, the machine is in here too, just plug it in your comlink and it will upload itself. This stuff is inserted in the bacta tanks up a level, and transported to the Black Commandos, where they can communicate freely without the interruption of the you imps. So, why don’t start it up there, I’ll show you,---ahh---”

“Jenny watch the corridors, make sure no more soldiers come down that door, here take this, plug it in your comlink. This man will show me how to replicate this small chip.”

Jenny assured as she took the chip in her right hand and plugged it into her comlink on the right ear of her helmet, which responded by quickly uploading the code on her HUD.

“Jenny, I’ve got a clear signal, it looks like you have the same. It’s Arnaut, we’re coming down to you, and we’ve got some good news, we’ve found the bacta tanks, and soldiers that came up got our greetings to hell, but we found that one of them, a sergeant, it seems, talked to us about the chips in the bacta tanks that was transporting its way to the Black Commandos. Jenny, I think you know them.”

“Yep, I do, why you get enough for our squad so we don’t have replicate it down here, we’ve captured someone higher, so we won’t need him.”

A couple of blaster shots on the comlink and the click off indicated their forthcoming, as Kand escorted the injured Nakin near the door, Jenny and him eagerly awaiting Arnaut.

OOC:
Enjoy.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited December 30, 2007 9:01:33 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  977
Total Posts:  3440
December 30, 2007 9:26:22 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky looked back behind her at Gio, slumped in his chair in the back of the sled. She was seated up front with Brock behind her, and the rest of the squad in between them. The noise the sled made when it glided onto ice patches amde her jaw itch. She hated the feeling , it was the same thing with styrofoam padding.

She looked ahead at the white landscape, she was searching for any rebel soldiers who would try to attack them like they had done just a little while ago.

Starting to get bored, she started to hum a tne her mother used to sing to her when she was little and she had just had a nightmare. It told the story of a man who's daughter had been in an accident. She was still alive, but shards of glass had gone into her eyes and so she might be blind for  ever if she wasn't treated right away. And so , the father brought her to the doctor's as fast as he could, and the doctor said she'd have to live in the hospice for a little while with her eyes patched up. Two months later, after extensive treatment , they take the patches off and the little girl can see her father, which means she still had her sight. The father, ecstatic with joy, takes her in his arms, gives her loads of kisses while saying her name and thanks the doctor. That day was Christmas Eve. And so they both went home and took great care of eacho ther , the girl's mother having died a few years back.

When she had finished her song, she looked at Eclipse's sled and aw Wicket and Jelly doing a bit of fooling around. She grabbed a handful of snow, rolled it into a snowball and threw it at Jelly. He looked at her with a crooked, wide smile on his face, then faced back front.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1024
December 30, 2007 3:36:25 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
12:41:11 Mission Clock
1:57:41 local time

Dante sat back in his seat and tried to relax as the lights above his head flickered on and off. There was a shower of sparks from a loose wire and his HUD flickered as some of them landed on the plastoid of his helmet. The troop bay was filled with the whine of servomotors and power generators as the massive vehicle’s systems began to power up, and the air was filled with the faint perfume of machine oil.  A crackle of static belched from a pair of speakers mounted above the seats and the voice of the vehicle’s pilot echoed through the cramped space.

“We’re leaving as soon as the main power generator warms up, so don’t get too comfy.”

Don’t worry. I don’t think any of us could get very comfortable in a hunk of metal that looks like it hasn’t been cleaned or serviced since Endor. 

Dante took the opportunity to look around him, squinting for a moment in the harsh juxtaposition of light and dark, and saw that they were sharing the seats with the Dragoons. He scanned the area for a moment, looking for Mako, but didn’t see the tall trooper’s profile.

Probably not a good sign…

Leon sat slumped back in his seat, his helmet at his feet and mouth a thin, grim line. Several of the troopers had started to talk among themselves, while a card game had started up on the other side of the vehicle.

Darr was nowhere in sight, probably at in the AT-AT’s “head”, while Rogueboy was checking his blaster pistol. Following the Raiders ASL’s example, Dante tugged at his rifle and gently pulled it from the magnetic clamps that kept it on his back. Quickly, he opened one of the pouches on his belt and removed a fine cloth and several small tools. Whistling a marching song, much to the annoyance of several of the Dragoons, he quickly took the front of the weapon apart and started to gently wipe oil and grime from the soot-covered metal.

He had just finished with the weapon and had inserted a new power cell into the appropriate slot when there was a dull boom and the speakers crackled again.

“We’re on our way as soon as I can break the kriffing ice that’s built up around the legs. Hold on a sec...”

There was a terrific cracking as one sensor covered foot lifted itself from the inch-thick layer of ice that had built up above it and moved forwards, sending clouds of snow and pieces of ice flying in all directions. The joints groaned as the other legs also broke free and the walker took a single step forwards. Light flooded the area as running lights and a pair of head-mounted searchlights flickered and came to life. As the walker took its first steps into the darkness, Dante grinned.

“Those SOBs won’t know what hit them.”
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  103
Total Posts:  2159
December 31, 2007 7:59:04 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
"Least this time, we won't have ourselves outnumbered 200 to one and with no support! Oh, no! We get ourselves a tank this time."
Gates said grumpily.

Orobos grimly laughed. Already the mission was crap - they'd lost a trooper, Mako was WIA, and the Raiders had lost a trooper. And the two squads had been through hell.

The rhythmic up-down-forward movement of the AT-AT was soothing compared to the running, jumping and sliding they'd had to do all to much of in the caves.

He felt himself drifting off, and he shook his head and checked that all of his HUD's functions still worked from their latest session of destruction.

Then he checked his rifle, pistol, ammo packs, grenades, suit integrity, etc.

Then he took off his helmet, stretching his neck, and broke out an energy bar. He munched on it, looking around. His squadmates and fellow stormtroopers were doing the same thing, or playing cards or sleeping. He decided to try the latter.

"Sarge," Gates said, getting Leon's attention. "Could you wake me up when we get close?"
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Gates/Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA

Allegiances may come and go, but the loyal will remain with the Vast Empire!

"Remember, what's our motto?"
"Let the enemies do the work!"- from Fury

Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1028
December 31, 2007 6:16:47 PM    View the profile of Dante 
VE base/command center
12:46:11 Mission Clock
2:03:41 local time

The massive feet of the AT-AT plowed through snowbanks and fields of ice as the vehicle advanced through the gloom like an avenging angel. A pair of heavy-duty floodlights swept the barren and empty ground in the vehicle's path but found nothing but the slowly drifting snow. Inside the matte-black body of the vehicle, there was quiet, with several hushed conversations going on but little revelry or emotion. Attempts to break the quiet were met with stares or simply ignored, as though the squads were in awe of what they were going to do.

Turbolasers ripping through armour and flesh like they were flimsiplast, corpses burning to ashes as they fall, men and women roasting alive in superheated buildings...

Dante shivered, then brought himself under control.

"Get a grip, trooper." he muttered to himself.

These aren't innocent little civvies. These bastards killed off half of the Wraiths and wounded quite a few of your vod.

Dante's mind returned to the image of Yush screaming, his torso ripped apart as the smooth fangs injected the cold venom into his bloodstream. He let out his breath in a long, slow hiss and his right hand tightened on the metal side of the seat hard enough to dent the durasteel.

There was nothing I could have done.

Yes, there was. You could have shot the spider, or you could have pulled it off.

Which would have killed him.

Wasn't he dead anyway according to you?

Dante ignored the voice's logic, or illogic, and tried to focus on something else. The ceiling mounted view-screen showed a barren vista, a virtual moon-scape broken only by rare mounds and bumps in the snow, with only the falling snow to distract from the white fields.

Turning away, he saw that another card game had started nearby. Although there was no table, the troopers made do and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Dante leaned over and spoke.

"Care to deal me in?"
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Zorgn
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  70
January 1, 2008 3:24:43 AM    View the profile of Zorgn 
What the hell am I doing here? I've barely graduated from the academy and now I'm on some backwater ice planet in an AT-AT for an assault or... something.

Zorgn sighed and tried to stretch in his seat. The place was cramped and Zorgn was freezing in his armor. It was better than nothing, but still worse than most things he could imagine. Someplace warm would do nicely. In fact he knew of a little asteroid a friend of his had turned into a space hotel of sorts and in several of the habitation bubbles you could sunbathe from the...

Almost drifted off there. Falling asleep in the cold... Even with the heating systems on in here it's cold.

Zorgn itched to take his helmet off. Others in the vehicle had theirs off, but if there was a need to leave the vehicle quickly, he might not have time to put his helmet on. So instead he sat and breathed his filtered air and inspected his weapons.

His 'Doombringer' high capacity scatter pistol, he loved the name, was his current favorite weapon. The dealer told him it packed quite a punch, and though he had yet to try it out, he expected it was so. The flared head design sent chills down his spine. Somebody was going to have a bad day.

He was fitted out as best he could be under short notice. When he had come down from the ISD in orbit, he'd only been able to bring a few weapons. His E-11/F with vibrobayonet, his Doombringer, two frag grenades, and a Class-A thermal detonator. He'd been stuck with the snowtrooper armor because his scout armor "wasn't suited" for the ice.

Evil quartermaster. The armor would survive in vacuum, some time in the cold wouldn't do it much harm. It probably had a better climate control system too. Maybe his was malfunctioning and he was freezing because he didn't know the controls.

We better get there soon.

TRP/PFC_Zorgn/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Let's kill them and take their stuff"
-Zorgn's Motto
[This message has been edited by Zorgn (edited January 1, 2008 2:42:40 PM)]
Fenris
ComNet Novice

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  203
January 1, 2008 10:08:21 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
What was the mission again?

Fenris entered the room that everyone else was in, no one paying attention to him, to them he was just another possible shield.  He didn't expect anything from them, he was a greenhorn, he didn't prove himself to them, and probably wouldn't for a long time.

There's a few familiar faces at least

Fenris walked over to the card game that was going on.  Fenris didn't play much, and had no intention of losing some of his money, because that'd be the outcome.  Fenris enjoyed watching more then playing because it put him at ease.

Fenris walked over and took a seat next to a squad mate of his who was checking his weapons.  Fenris brought standard issue stuff, nothing to exciting. His arm began to chirp as he tinkered with it

"Hopefully we don't lose any more squad members..." muttered Fenris.
Raider

Faithful To The End

TRP/PFC Fenris/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Who is the fool? The Fool or the Fool that follows him?
You think you can control chaos, monkey?

[This message has been edited by Fenris (edited January 1, 2008 2:21:33 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  694
January 1, 2008 9:42:34 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The Iron Horse squad crouched down and made their way swiftly to the location of the trucks. Alan was happy to see that the trucks were still there and were unguarded.

"Everyone get in now, I'll drive" said Alan.

The truck's cab was able to accommodate both a driver and two passengers, so they all got into the cab. Starting up the motor, Alan started moving the truck to the front gate.

"Look Sir, reinforcements!" exclaimed Vince as he pointed to the front gate.

"I see them" replied Alan as he brought the truck closer to the gate.

In front of the truck, Alan could see that the gate had been closed and was being guarded by several soldiers that hadn't been there earlier.

"What's the plan Sarge?" queried Ken.

"Same as always" replied Alan as he revved the trucks engines and headed straight for the gate.

The soldiers guarding the gate immediately noticed the truck heading straight for them. Blaster bolts came flying around and onto the truck.

"Hang on!" shouted Alan as the truck smashed its way through the gates. Blaster bolts flew all around them until eventually they were out of the guards range. Alan could see several smoldering holes on the trucks bonnet and he was thankful that he truck was still operational as he guided it to their base camp.

The squad made it back sucessfully to base camp and Alan had briefed Rizzit on what they had found. Alan had also been told that Verlock and Anival had made it back succesccessfully but that Quasi, Hunter and Dwarf had gone AWOL.

"Sir" said Alan after the briefing was over, "permission to take the squad back to the bunker and assist the Wraiths".

"Negative" replied Rizzit "the Wraiths are on their own".

"But Sir" interrupted Alan, "they might need our help".

"The Wraiths can take care of themselves and besides, I have a new assignment for the Iron Horse squad" replied Rizzit.

"Yes Sir" said Alan as he waited to find out what the new orders would be.

"The ISD Dominion’s scans have revealed some sort of structures north west of the current base. Take a sled and find out what is going on over there and take it out if you can" ordered Rizzit.

"Yes Sir" replied Alan as he saluted and exited the tent to find the rest of tbe squad and to get the mission underway.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1035
January 2, 2008 9:35:57 AM    View the profile of Dante 
VE base/command center
13:46:11 Mission Clock
3:03:41 local time

The wind died down, and the snow once again slowly drifted down onto the ice-covered plain. In the darkness, it was almost impossible to make out the body of the AT-AT from the running lights scattered across the vehicle's body. Still, if an enemy saw it they probably wouldn't have much trouble figuring out what it was.

It's big, has four legs and can reduce a base to slag. That does tend to narrow the possibilities doesn't it?

Dante turned in his uncomfortably hard seat, cursing as he handed over yet another trio of credit chips to a grinning trooper.
Carefully keeping his expression and voice neutral, he spoke.
"I seem to have lost again, and I'm running low on credits so I don't think I'll be playing another round."

The trooper shrugged, a grin on his face, and turned to the person sitting to his left.

The damn chakaar robbed me blind... I hope he's as good with a blaster as he is with cards.

It wasn't the loss of the money that galled Dante so much as the string of losses.

With over a million credits hidden in various banks across the galaxy, a month's pay is nothing. Still...

Dante sighed and took off his helmet, only to feel an icy-cold gust of air from the heating system hit him in the face which .

"So much for the heating system. Can't the di'kut of a pilot turn it up?"

There was a crackle of static as Darr responded over a private channel.

"If you think it's cold in here, go outside. Do you want to give the new Raiders a bad example?"

Rebuked, Dante fell silent and turned to the viewscreen. The screen was dark, with only the pair of headlights to split the darkness.

Please tell me we'll get there soon...
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited January 2, 2008 10:55:03 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited January 2, 2008 10:55:31 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  985
January 2, 2008 11:06:27 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
As the sleds came closer to their destination , Lucky constantly looked around her for signs of danger. As always, there were on;y trees and the white wilderness, but you never knew what could be hiding in the snow or the bushes. As she turned her head away from a grouping of bushes, a single bolt landed in the snow beside her sled.

She whipped her head around , used a setting in her HUD to zoom in on the bushes and saw the barrel of a rifle trained on them. She took out her E-11/M and started shooting. she shot in the area surrounding the small , dark barrel and at one point,  she heard a scream and the rifle disappeared. She waited for another minute or two, watching to see if anything else wold come up . When there was no activity, she settled her weapon on her lap and sat back.

Ten minutes later, the sleds slowed and finally stopped. She opened her eyes and looked around. They were at the canyons, there was no wind here, and everything was silent.

They waited for a signal from Doc before hopping out of the sleds. She walked to the edge of the canyontop and looked down. She was surveying the bottom , looking for any visible signs that the enemy was watching, waiting.

When she was satisfied, she walked back towards her squad and they all watched Eclipse unload their equipment from their own sled and make their way down to the bottom.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  697
January 2, 2008 5:45:59 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan headed over to the Iron Horse squad's tent and was relieved to find that all the troopers were there. He didn't want to have to go searching for them. Both Ken and Vince were lying down on bunks resting, whilst Verlock was talking to them and finding out what had happened. When Alan entered the tent the talking died down and everyone looked over at him to find out what was happening.

Ken spoke up first "Sarge, are we returning to the bunker to assist the Wraiths".

"No" replied Alan.

"No" said Vince in disbelief, "but Sir, surely they need backup".

"The Wraiths can take care of themselves. Besides which, we have been given new orders" salid Alan. He too hadn't been happy about not rendering assistance to the Wraiths but he also knew that they could take care of themselves.

"What's the mission?" queried Verlock.

Alan proceeded to inform the squad of the structured that the ISD Dominion’s scans had picked up.

"What are they?" queried Verlock.

"We don't know" replied Alan, "the scans have been inconclusive and so that is why we are going. If it turns out to be a threat then we take it out".

Alan looked round the room and asked "any questions?". He waited to make sure that everyone was happy with the current assignment before saying "alright then, let's gear up, there is a sled waiting outside for us".

The squad sprang into action, getting their armour on and getting weapons ready. Alan was still surprised at the arsenal that Vince was carrying. I'm not sure I could stand up with all of that on thought Alan as he watched.

Soon the squad was ready to depart and Alan led them to the sled. Getting into the driver's seat, the rest of the squad clambered onboard. Bringing the engines to life, Alan thought to himself here we go again.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  988
January 2, 2008 6:37:50 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
As they watched in silence, Eclipse made their way down the canyon side and shortly afterwards, were on solid ground at the bottom. paladin squad didn't have much to do at this point other than make sure no unwelcome guests showed up while Eclipse was down there.

She walked to the back of the sled to a storage compartment and took out a tent, a few sleeping bags for those who were in great need of rest, and a folding table . These , she set beside her while she closed the compartment door, and set the whole thing up in a matter of minutes. When she was done, they had a tent that could hold them all comfortably, a few sleeping bags on the sides for those who planned to bunk down soon and she had taken out a map of their current location from a drawer built into the table.

Gio joined her, and they both looked at the map. She could've accessed the files from her HUD, but she didn't feel like doing that at the present. According to what they could see , there was a small ridge going down the canyon side all the way to the bottom. Together, they discussed who would do what after they had taken a short nap in turn.

Lucky lay down on a sleeping bag and closed her eyes, keeping her comm on so that she could hear if someone called out for the Pallies for help. She had set her chrono to wake her in 40 minutes time.

Forty minutes later, when her chrono beeped, she jumped up and headed outside. Gio was standing in front of the tent , looking down at the base of the mountain. She touched his arm and he turned around and met her eyes. It had been decided that she would go down the mountainside and check for any enemies before the rest of the squad followed.

With a last glance at the tent and its warm, welcoming feel in this icy terrain, she quickly, but very silently started down the mountain.

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1036
January 3, 2008 12:33:41 AM    View the profile of Dante 
VE base/command center
13:48:11 Mission Clock
3:11:41 local time

- Hostile Outpost Beta Gamma 14 -

The wind howled like a soul in torment, blowing away the smoke from the ruined buildings and stripping flakes of paint from vehicles. Captain Tarkin grimaced as he felt it slap his face, trying to tug off his helmet and pelting him with fragments of ice. Even through the padding and hydraulics of his Mark II Avenger-class combat armour. The HUD's motion tracker pulsed, showing dozens of friendly contacts, the flickers caused by the snowstorm, and nothing else. The repair droids had already started to repair the damage caused by the blasted sons-of-Krath-hounds the Impstar in orbit had landed, and he had more than enough firepower to destroy any of the pathetic little hover-sleds the Imps had landed.

"So why am I so uneasy?"

The Corporal setting up an E-Web to his left stopped and gave the officer a blank look.

"Sir?"

"Forget it, trooper. Get back to work." 

"Yes, sir."

These mercs little better than the bucket-heads the Imps use. They have no honor, no desire for justice or revenge against the Empire ...The only thing they respect is wealth.

Captain Sarrin Tarkin had been twenty when he had seen his home planet of Alderaan be vaporized by the Death Star. At the time, he had been a member of the Imperial Army, much to the disapproval of his family. At the time, he had thought that the Empire was a necessary evil, something that created and maintained order and was essential for the galaxy to remain ordered.

If I could have known...

He had gone on leave for several weeks, planning to take a tour of several rim planets before visiting his family on Alderaan. The trip had gone by without any incident other than a brief hyperdrive malfunction on his personal starship and an encounter with a street gang on Corellia, and he was strolling down a Tyrenan street, a cup of naris-bud tea in hand, when he had seen the headlines and images in Basic on a public holo-screen. He had joined the crowd gathered around the screen, ignoring the sentients hawking holo-still issues.

"  Alderaan destroyed by Rebel terrorists. Read about it here. Only ten credits. Alderaan destroyed, read about it here..."

"No."

He had whispered, his voice almost too soft to hear. "No..."

He had run away, shoving the others watching the news this way and that, his vision blurred by tears. Almost unconsciously, his feet carried him to his fighter. Stumbling into his ship he had grabbed his standard issue vibroblade and began to cut. The durasteel desk was covered with blood by the time he had finished. He had then thrown the implants that tracked him and prevented him from defecting into a trash compactor and watched as they sparked and were destroyed.

As the Captain stood there, lost in memories of the past, the snow continued to fall. A private walked up to the officer and spoke.

"Sir..."

Receiving no response, the man tried again.

"Sir, there's something you have to see."

"What is it, trooper?"

"Um...our scanners are picking up a massive object...and it's advancing on our position."

The black helmet turned as Tarkin began to pay attention.

"An object? Any thermal readings?"

"Well,sir, the storm it..."

The private never finished speaking as he was cut off by the sudden appearance of a massive AT-AT walker, lumbering from the clouds of snow that shrouded the plains. Either caught by surprise or not paying attention, the AAT tanks didn't fire on the massive walker. Even as dozens of laser bolts impacted on the four-legged vehicle's armour, the massive head turned and jerked back as it spat destructive energy at the formations of troopers who were frozen by surprise. Dozens died instantly, vaporized in an agonizing instant and fragments of metal and flesh were sent flying into the air.

Just like Alderaan. Only this time, we can fight back.

"Open fire!"

OOC:
Just experimenting with the POV...
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited January 3, 2008 12:34:15 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  992
January 3, 2008 1:34:19 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
It was a long way down. it would take her awhile to go down the narrow, slippery path. She wished they had another vehicle than the sled. an AT/ST/c would be nice. still, she made her way down, down until she reached a mound of snow taht went up to her waist. It was piled on the side of the path in such a way taht it could serve as pretty good cover should they get fired upon. As she walked, she heard some shuffling above and a yell came down "Lucky, watch out!"

She leapt back just as a grenade buried itself in the snow and exploded. the blast sent her flying forwards a few feet and she slipped off the path and hung on for  a minute, trying to get her bearings and gathering her strength to pull herself up back to safety.

Above her, she could hear blaster fire. With a heave, she shoisted herself back n the path glad she hadn't fallen down off the mountain. She raised her weapon and searched for targets. Just as she found one, it crumpled to the ground and fell off its perch. She watched ot fall in slow motion and heard a Whumpf! As the body hit the ground below.

She waited a minute to see if she could hear more blaster fire, when she didn't, she continued on but a bit slower this time. She calculated that she was at the halfway point at present.

A half hour later , she was down the mountain near where Eclipse had stationed themselves.

"Gio , you guys can come down, but i'd leave someone to keep watch. Just in case."

"Agreed" came her SL's voice over the comm. "We're coming ,  hang tight."

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  105
January 3, 2008 3:42:40 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
"Contacts! Enemy contacts!" the pilot yelled as Gates jerked awake.

"Yeehaw! Time to lock and load!" Gates said, urging some energy into his voice.

He felt some light contacts as the AT-AT shook.

"What are they shooting at us with- AATs?" Gates asked, half-joking.

"Not anymore," Leon said, pointing at their viewing screen, as another stubby metal object detonated, sending shrapnel through the sorry troops standing near it.

Enemy troops were firing from bunkers and trenches, trying to stop the hulking tank with anything from rifles to heavy anti-tank guns, infantry mounted, of course.

The AT-AT swept the trenches with bright red laser fire, incinerating another column of troops.

"Sorry bastards." one of the troopers said. "Just like Hoth," said another.

"Brace yourselves! Incoming speeders!" cried the pilot.

The AT-AT stopped, opened up on the quick-moving light speeders, blowing three into slag. The other five, though, started looping around, dropping mines and firing E-webs into the walker's legs.

"What are they- stupid? They'll never cut through the armor!" Gates said, just as several light anti-tank rockets splashed into the legs. "Oops!"

"Sir," Gates asked Leon, "Permission to try to take out those speeders from the top of the AT-AT."

"If you can do it, fine." Leon responded, handing him a rocket launcher from a rack.

Gates opened the door, then looped a magnet climbing gear brick onto the top of the tank, and, after testing its stability, quickly ascended. Another soldier folloowed him. Once on the top of the tank, he pulled the launcher from his back. Pointing at one of the zooming tanks, he pulled the trigger, watching as the rocket flew true, smashing into one of the tanks, killing the driver and gunner.

"One down," he said, "and one to go!"

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  577
Total Posts:  814
January 4, 2008 8:47:21 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny took over the guarding of Captain Nakin as Kand went over to unlock the safe in the corner of the equipment room.

It was quite silent nearby, but Jenny knew that the enemy was well aware of their presence if an entire squad of soldiers were missing and their sergeant and captain along with them.

“Where does it come from? I know you guys have a source for this material. The manufacturers can’t be you guys, the conditions to make or produce this kind of passcode chip can’t be existent in this hellhole.” Jenny asked harshly as she put pressure on Nakin’s injuries with her right hand and covered his screaming mouth up with her left until he nodded obediently.

“Alright, Alright!” He protested weepingly as Jenny removed her left hand from his mouth, he spat out a bit of blood and answered, every word sounding like it’s not from his mouth:
    “We were only supposed to do the replication and the finishing touches on the comlinks. They’ve sent their best replication machine for this, but the company that made this chip is known as Kryotech, and it’s located in the heart of the demon, the NR planet of Naboo. ----ah--- They could kill me if you knew, Jenny, but the other half of the disk, what you’ve been hunting for all those years since you killed Pake, I can---“The last words sounded so dear to Jenny, as if Nakin was a true relative of hers, but they were interrupted by a groan coming from Nakin, who now saw a knife bulged out of his side, and fell on his knees. Jenny got down and held him in her left arms as she saw a ninja-like assassin running by, blond hair flashing from his or her mask.

“Jenny, it’s Arnaut, tell Kand I’m coming your way, I’m in the elevator now. We’ve took some encrypted chips from the bacta tanks for the rest of the squad, and what’s left will be destroyed very soon.” Jenny heard Aranut call on the comlink, sounding tired but happy.

“That’s good, Aranut, I took the liberty of unlocking a safe filled with comlinks, we’ll need to take these back to base, the commander would love to see this. We’ll need to get into the control room though.” Kand responded with confidence as Nakin explained slowly and quietly, spitting out his last words, taking out an odd vial filled with blood and a keychain wrapped with keycards and keys:

“You’ll probably be destroying this place, well, I can help. There’s a fail-safe system that can blow this place up completely, plus the chips, just cut off my hands, right eyes, this vial of DNA imbedded within my blood, and this keychain. The codes for clearance are 7774, and your birthday for the disk, Jenny. Now carry me down to the fourth sub level, we’ll extract the data there.”

Jenny took the vial and keychain without questions and stuffed them into her pack without telling what she was going to do with them. She told Kand to tell Arnaut that she’ll be back in a few minutes, and she passed Arnaut getting out the elevator as she went in, carrying the injured Nakin on her back.

-----------Ten minutes or so later----------

Jenny appeared out of the elevator, still carrying the bayonet in her right hands, but her left hand was now carrying a keychain with one less keycard, a right eye ball and two hands. Arnaut was waiting for her, disapproved of her private exploration but still keeping his cool as he warned calmly:

“Jenny, for the last time, please don’t do that on me again, I don’t want to see you chase your personal vendetta and get yourself killed for it. Now let’s get to the control room, the sub level’s clear except for the control room, Snipes’ team will be coming soon, they said they ran to some trouble and is coming back up.”

“Jenny, is that an eyeball in your left hand?” Kand questioned, looking horrified at the items in her left hand, Aranut and Rik did the same when they followed Kand’s eyes to Jenny’s hand, although Arnaut looked more concerned than horrified in Jenny’s eyes.

“It’s how we’re gonna get inside the control room. Let’s go.” Jenny replyed quickly as Aranut led, gesturing them to follow and quickly shrugging off his questionable stance. Jenny followed, with Kand and Rik behind her, stuffing the valuable items in her belt as she took out two tear gas grenades. They quickly made their way towards the control room door, which sounded quite busy inside as they got nearer to it, and security-locked so well.
    “Jenny, get the door open, the captain probably told you how. Kand, Rik, cover us and wait for Snipes’ team to arrive.” Jenny heard Arnaut whisper to her and to Kand and Rik as she got to work on the keypad.

------------------------------------------------

The control room was the largest room on this sub level, with the files and computers at each station, techinicans at every one of them. But what was large about it was the amount of space that the main computer took up, which controlled all stations and had data that could fill up a whole planet. Nuke and Mote Zarturus were just enjoying their midnight coffee, sitting near the big giantus of a computer that was the main computer, watching their minions at work, erasing all the important data to the invasion, everything. Sipping his coffee, Stan said in a clear and serious tone:

“Doesn’t it feel great to be the head tech, you get to mastermind the backbones of this invasion, the imperials will be at an end, and you can happily ever after with your wife and children.”

“Why choose me as the guinea pig, you know I never meant to kill her, she was a rebel, she killed my family during the Coruscant assassinations.” Ned whined sadly, looking like a man who lost his ways, desperately begging for a last chance. Stan reacted in the disgust, changing the subject as he asked:

“Are the stations done wiping their memories yet? You know I can’t erase the main computer’s memory without theirs already being erased.”

“Almost. Are you sure about this? Cause she just came in with the news of the sergeant’s death and the captain’s. She looked depressed like I’ve never seen her before.” Stan flashed his eyes in anger for moment, but hid it with a smile as he replyed, look at the main computer’s signal for sub-erasing complete as it automatically began wiping its own memory:

“I’m pretty sure, let’s go, they’re waiting for us in the hanger down on sub level five, there’s an elevator through here, let’s go, quickly!” Stan gesturing Ned towards the back door of the control room as Ned quickly exited, with Stan nodding to one of the armored soldiers guarding the room, before following Ned out the door.

The female armored soldier gestured her teammates to stand behind each station’s two techinicians, she prepared to give the order to fire when she heard the sound of a grenade and felt a stab in her heart, as she fell backward, turning to see her twilek assassin before expiring.

Jenny took out the bayonet out of the dead soldier as she blasted the last soldier in the neck on the second station row near the main computer, who was the only one who didn’t suffer the range of tear gas from the grenades. Then she rolled behind cover near a station, keying in Arnaut:

“Arnaut, this is Jenny, I’m about two rows of stations away from the main computer, and I need some cover over here so that I can get to the main computer!”

“Jenny, good to hear you voice, I’m across the row. Thanks to that sergeant’s intel, Kand also found some thermal binoculars that helped us to overhear the conversation that went on, take it, we need to get it back to base, I’m already carrying the chips and Kand is taking the comlinks.” Arnaut responded as he tossed Jenny the binoculars, Jenny catched it and thanked Arnaut the row, as she saw him nod and went back to shooting at the soldiers, whom scattered and took cover at the new threat, wielding the technicians as their shields, after that she felt a growing pain in her backside by a knife stab.

“Feeling lucky, twilek? This’ll be your end, and the mistress will reward me well, oh yes, she----” The soldier’s head came off as Jenny turned around to see Snipes throwing the headless armored trooper’s body away, then taking out the dagger in her side, and eased her up, explaining what had happened, groaning a bit at the huge scar on his face:

“Kand filled us in on what’s going on, we got ambushed on the third sub level, the bastards are coming this way, and they’re pissed because we might have killed their leader, Ella, whom you must know about. We heard her take off in her private cruiser; I take it, as we went up the elevator, while these guys didn’t seem to hear a thing. Kand and the others are covering us back here, so we’ll be fine.”

“What happened to your face?”

“It’s just the price I have to pay to protect Fraot. I’m gonna meat-grind these bastards!” Jenny saw his face light up with those last threatening words in rage as she saw him hold tightly to the blaster before she heard Rik come up and calmed him carefully and nicely, even with his depressed tone:

“Calm down, Snipes, it’s not your fault.”

“Thanks, Rik, for the comfort. You should look after Jenny, I’ve got to get back in the fight, Arnaut will be coming soon, Jenny, to help patch up the wounds.” Snipes looked a bit happier but still troubled by the scar on his face as Jenny watched him go off back to the fight, which was intensifying, although the Wraiths were firing with precision, now knowing the armored troopers’ weakness.

Jenny saw Rik came up and escorted her to a seat near the mainframe as he starting patching up his wounds, while she carefully reached under the keyboard to take out a large taped envelope with the words: KS 527 code 854 on them, handing it to Arnaut, illustrating carefully, while looking at him with patience:

“Commander Rizzit would love this, I bet, everything on the Invasion of the corporate sects that don’t support the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances or also known as the Galactic Alliance, and had involvement or interest or something to gain from the Battle of Hapes, which killed many Corellian Alliance, those who wanted to protect their own planet, like Ella, and so she joined the rebels to find the men responsible for the deaths of her brothers who fought in that battle and got his life handed to devil when he chose to side with the Corellians, as its birthright son. Look, let’s get this fail-safe system up before these soldiers overwhelm us.”

Jenny turned back to the main computer, leaving Arnaut dazed in thinking about the whole thing and patching up her wounds. As she plugging a disk into its system through the hard drive, as the computer automatically ceased its memory wipe, which was at 50%, and turned quickly to the self-destruct sequence, which required a passcode and a bar print.

“A bar print? What is this, Jenny?” Jenny heard Arnaut ask confusingly as she quickly, answered, every word taking her back to the conversation she had with Leia after taking that rebel ship:

“It must be the one on the envelope, KS 527, aka, oh my lord, Leia is not going to believe this.” Jenny quickly typed in the passcode and bar print, pressed enter exactly 4 times, then confirmed that the computer was going into auto-destruct without reset, pushed the chair away as she sat up, stinging a little bit at the last patch on her backside, which led Rik to go finish up on Fraot and Tellen, as her eyes turned to the battle.

She clutched her bayonet without knowing it was there in her left hand, holstered it and readied the rifle that was shouldered in her right hand. The battle was intensifying between the Wraiths and the mysterious advanced armored troopers, although the Wraiths were fighting with experience now, Jenny now joining them in the fight to keep the troopers in dismay and panic, the recruits filling up most of the remaining ranks of the one squad that was left of the two organized squads that they face. She found the sergeant, who was the main nuisance, sought to kill Kand, who was controlling the squad with accuracy despite their low numbers, he took a tech as his shield while he made his way closer to Kand when Jenny, who now had switched to the sniper attachment of her DC-17 rifle, fired two shots into the showing limbs on the side of the sergeant as he got within one feet of Kand. The sergeant pained but blasted his rifle into the techinician, killing him as Jenny, in return, killing the sergeant with one shot to the head, switching back to the main blaster attachment of the rifle.

“Nice job, Jenny. Alright, Wraiths, the white rat is dead, repeat, the white rat is dead. Let’s get the hell out of here, system is in fail-safe, repeat, system is in fail-safe, get your men out of there, Kand, quick.” Arnaut called into the comlink as the squad quickly and effectively retreated their way towards the back door, the wounded led first by Rik, covered by Jenny and Kand, as the enemy, with their scattered numbers, slowly advanced on them. Jenny felt like picking off crows in a crops’ field, making sure the rest were dead and no longer a threat to them, as Kand tapped Jenny on the shoulders to signal her to move, with Arnaut and Snipes remaining, standing near the dead female trooper that Jenny had killed, gesturing them to go on.

“Don’t ask too many questions, Jenny, the binoculars, the chips, the advanced armor, the imperial would die for this technology, it could help them be at the same pace as the rebels, if that is who this Black Commandos is providing this equipment for. Just think the IR scanners that detected us out there in that thick of a snow, if it used against them!” Kand imagined richly as Jenny sensed a far too proud tone in him, as they pressed the elevator button for up, which was the only command for this elevator.

“Well, we better get back up to the surface. I hid the snow sleds somewhere where any passing enemy truck won’t notice it. The commander’s gonna wanna see this and hear what you have to say about this invasion. Jenny, this is big! Too big for words! We get to watch the Conferderate-Alliance War go up again in flames while we reap from the rewards, let them suffer their ends!” Arnaut said, chuckling at every word, holding the female trooper in his left hand as Jenny replyed fiercely, almost like she was opposing Arnaut in a political battle:

“In the corporate sector, there is our assets, Arnaut, in case you haven’t forgotten. We may rely upon ourselves, but we still need the Confederates for our trade and economy to continue. Foreign companies are needed to make money on the outside world, the trade routes for the galaxy, the rebels would be so happy at their controls, the tax dollars they would make. Sorry, I was a bit out of hand, but your words were kind of offensive to me.” Jenny gave Arnaut a look of wonder as Arnaut changed the subject, putting away the tough attitude and laid in its place the serious tone as he ordered:

“Jenny, let’s put the Empire’s issues aside for now, we have a serious problem on our hands. They’re targeting Imperial industries, already reporting some of their employees and work area missing or destroyed by ‘terrorist bombs’, the news call it, since the rebels don’t claim responsibility and there is no proof pointing to them. Here take this girl with you, along with those binoculars across your neck, which you probably didn’t notice dropped on your way to the main computer. Thank Kand for that and don’t drop the dead bitch too, she’s a serge by the looks of her and the emblem chiseled into her armor. Let’s go” Arnaut said, holding up the large envelope, opened with Imperial insignias across the various companies marked with Xs, while handing the death trooper to Jenny, who took her over with ease, which didn’t take up much weight.

Must be someone who exercises well, she’s light and cute. Jenny remarked at the dead female soldier as she got into the elevator with the rest of the squad, its doors closing and making its way to the surface.

OOC:
I hope this post won't affect anything.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  698
January 4, 2008 4:41:28 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The sled sped off towards its objective. Alan did not know what to expect but what he did know was that if the ISD Dominion’s scans could not determine what the structures were then it could mean only one thing, trouble.

It had seemed like only a short journey but Alan brought the sled to a stop and stepped off. The rest of the squad clambered off and gave Alan some questioning gazes.

Ken was the first to speak up when he asked "what's up Sarge, we're still some distance from the structures".

"We're going to go the rest of the way on foot. I don't want whoever is there to be alerted to our presence" replied Alan.

Although Alan couldn't hear any audible groans, he was sure that the squad was groaning at the prospect of going the rest of the way by foot.

The squad started walking through the snow slowly. Their boots crunching the snow. Although the sled had stopped quite some distance away, Alan realised that they were fast approaching their target.

Alan waved his arms indicating to the squad to crouch down. On his knees, Alan got out his binoculars and started checking out the structures and what defenses it had.

"We'll, what do you see?" queried Verlock.

Alan handed the binoculars over to Verlock and said to the rest of the squad "there are three main buildings which is very poorly defended. I counted four guards patrolling the perimeter".

"So what's the plan?" asked Vince.

"Well, we wait for a break with the guards patrol and then sneak inside to see what is in the buildings" replied Alan.

The squad moved as close as they could to the buildings without being seen and waited. Two guards walked past and as soon as they were clear, Alan gave the order to move out.

The squad slipped inside one of the main buildings without being detected. Their eyes opened wide with what they saw.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  106
January 5, 2008 7:38:01 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates emptied out the rest of his rockets, which blew up the occasional speeder. Then the AT-AT stepped on one.

"Gates!" Leon yelled out of the tank, "c'mon! Time to go!"

Gates slithered back into the armored walker, which was doing a good job of slaughtering the enemy forces. There were pockets of resistance, and a few men sporadically fired at the tank; the enemy armor was burning, and the turrets were scrap.

"Go, go Go!" Leon ordered, and the stormtroopers rapelled down. Leon and Tanus hit snow first, followed by Gates and Orobos, and then the Raiders.

"Ok, we've got our radios jammed because this is a comm station. The Dominion is jamming everything. We have to go inside and smash-and-destroy everything that's not to any use of us. Then we download their main computers' hardrives and blow them up too. And then we run, so the AT-AT can blow this place; the Raiders will keep them from shutting off the power or destroying the building while we're in it. Hand signals from now on."

The stormtroopers, advancing in a reverse arrow, like a 'V', with two point men. Gates pulled a scope and a rifle extender from his pack, and slipped both onto his rifle, effectively doubling its range and accuracy. He sighted on the area they were running to, fired twice, killing two soldiers with Plex rocket launchers. He changed aim, taking out a soldier running for an E-web. They reached the trench, dove in.

Spread out Leon motioned. Rendezvous at the door

Gates slung his DC-15, brought up his E-11, with a heavier firing rate and shorter profile than the DC. The squad split and went different ways, but always trying to make their way to the entrance. He heard some firing behind and ahead of him, and sped up, in case one of his mates needed help.

Leon and a couple of mercs were trading fire, about twenty feet from the doors. Gates, in a good flanking position, opened fire, killing one, and exposing the other to a pin-point shot to the other's head.

"Thanks, Gates," said his SL.

"No problem, sarge."

The two stormtrooper non-coms crouched by the doors, waiting for the rest of the squad.

Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  1039
January 5, 2008 2:58:48 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka, Northern continent
VE base/command center
13:49:26 Mission Clock
3:13:56 local time

As Dante ran towards the door, he saw streaks of red energy and skidded to a stop, ducking as he did so. The deadly laser bolts flew over his head as the trooper returned fire with his deece. There was a shrill, cut-off scream and a Bothan fell motionless to the polished metal floor, hands clutching his blackened chest and his heart burned to ashes by the energy and heat. His companion, a Wookiee, roared in outrage and opened fire with a bowcaster. The squad was forced to take cover as the Wookiee sprayed the area with energy bolts.

From behind a boulder, Dante took careful aim and fired. The shots bounced off walls and turned expensive equipment into scrap, but failed to hit their target. The clever mike-foxtrot was hiding behind crates of electronics, making greasing him almost impossible.

We can’t use grenades without destroying the equipment and the longer we wait the more likely the enemy will call for help or destroy the equipment.

The ice hissed as it was vaporized by laser bolts and clouds of superheated steam filled the air. There was a crackle  of static from his HUD, followed by a loud whine as someone tried to speak.  Damn jamming.

Turning to the right, where one of the new Raiders was gesturing wildly, Dante tapped the man on the shoulder and shook his head while pointing to his audio reciever.

Even as the trooper’s acknowledgement light flickered on in his HUD, Dante had turned his attention back to the doorway from which the lone enemy was firing. Suddenly there was a loud howl of anger and frustration, and Dante grinned under the helmet.

“Oh dear, looks like someone’s weapon overheated.”

The fur covered alien emerged from its cover and charged for the Raiders, mouth open in a predatory snarl and claws extended. A dozen energy bolts impacted on its torso, burning through hair and flesh, and left its smoking corpse on the icy plain. As the patient snow drifted down and began to slowly entomb onto the still-warm body, Darr gave the “all-clear sign” and the squads made a beeline for the entrance.

With any luck, the enemy won’t have destroyed all of the equipment. On the other hand, since when have we been that lucky?
Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:48:51 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 206  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >