Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General

Post Number:  2292
Total Posts:  2943
  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 25, 2007 6:51:18 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit Blackheart sat in his office pondering things over. He did this a lot lately and for once it wasn’t due to missing his previous life as the Squad Leader of the craziest Raiders squad that the Vast Empire had ever seen. It also was not due to him missing his family back on Tatooine; no this time he wondered what good he was doing the empire as both Platoon Commander of the Wildcard Platoon and Company Commander of the Phoenix Company. For one, he was his boss and needed to report to himself on what he did in which his higher self would report in on what his lower self was doing. On top of the whole thing being rather confusing, it made Rizzit wonder what job he was really needed for…if he was still needed at all. As usual, Rizzit was forced to put his thoughts on hold due to an interruption. Ruu'Dolf Dere was paying Rizzit a visit which usually meant something big was going on in some sun-forsaken place. Normally if Dere was here it meant Rizzit would be gathering everyone together for a trip to a snow planet or worse. Rizzit turned around to face the intelligence officer.

“Dere, you better not be here to inform me of some other plot involving Shantsa or anything of that sort. Every time I see you that’s usually what you are here to tell me.”

“Thankfully no sir there is no more of his followers alive and no one has passed the torch so to speak. There is however some suspicious activity going on in the Yuka system.”

“Don’t tell me…snow planet?”

“Ice.”

“Great…and what do you have for me that’s gonna make me pack up the troopers and head out there to freeze my ass off in that plastic suit we call armor?”

Ruu'Dolf Dere handed Rizzit a communications log that was intercepted aboard the ISD Dominion where Dere was stationed to keep an eye out for anything that seriously seemed to jeopardize the empire. Rizzit commenced the playing of the recording.

“So…you say that you can cripple the empire without any help from the New Republic? And require no fee?”

“Let’s just say that I represent a group that has their own gripes with the empire. We’re headed to the planet Yuka to prepare. With all due respect, stay out of our way. We’ll take care of the imperials.”

Rizzit stopped the tape. “And you’re positive that these are not one of Shantsa’s followers?”

“Yes sir.”

“Either way it’s time that I go round up the troopers. I’ll notify Fury before we do anything, but I’ll see you later on the ISD Dominion.”

Dere saluted Rizzit and made his way out of the office. Being in the same building as the officers, Rizzit decided to contact the Squad Leaders via the Holonet Service.

“Attention all Squads…this is Brigadier General Rizzit Blackheart. We have an urgent mission that requires immediate service. Meet up on the ISD Dominion for briefing and transportation to the system. DO NOT DELAY! BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!”

Having contacted the squads, Rizzit went to inform Fury, Merrick, Aphamos, and the Storm Platoon’s newest Commander: Riqimo before heading up himself to the Dominion.

This is my first mission without having Kairo to harass, now who am I going to pick on? Rizzit thought to himself as he headed down the hall. Oh well, glad to see I’m back to my old reminiscing habits…

OOC: Just get to the dominion....I'll make a briefing post when you get there.
High Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 25, 2007 6:52:25 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  1920
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 25, 2007 7:23:59 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante shook his head and cursed as he sat up and banged his head against the top of his bunk. He lay back down and started to curse in several languages and had gone through two by the time the pain faded to an unpleasant memory. With a large bump on his head, Dante managed to get out of his bunk at a somewhat more leisurely pace and avoided further injury. He grabbed his comlink from where it had fallen onto the floor and quickly pressed the activation button.

"Yes? Squad meeting in half an hour? Got it. Yes, sir."

Why did he have to call us this early? I don't think any of us have recovered from the last one to Garg II.

In fact, it was fortunate that any of them had survived that debacle.

Dante dressed, putting on the standard black bodyglove. His was somewhat unusual in that it had a seal at the upper right arm, due to the fact that he had lost that limb and had replaced it with a phrik alloy cyborg arm.

He then quickly suited up and, almost as a second thought, picked up his deece and some grenades.

It might be another mission; better safe than sorry.

Around Dante, his fellow Raiders were doing the same. A very audiable yawn came from the right side of the room as some sleepy trooper awoke. Darr's walking through the room screaming woke any stragglers. Joamer dropped his E-11 and it landed on the floor at Dante's feet, making a loud clatter. Wordlessly, he picked it up and returned it to its owner, who nodded. Chimes sounded as helmet seals activated and HUDs came online. Dante stretched and stood up, then placed his armour on, piece by piece. The Raiders left their barracks and headed into the ebony of Tadeth's early morning, heading for the meeting room.

-Fifteen minutes later-

The squad stared at Darr in shock as the impassive squad leader shut down the holoprojector.

Joamer gave voice to their concerns:

"You mean the kriffing High Command is sending us off on another suicide mission, this time with no intel whatsoever? What do they think we are, anyway? Battle droids?"

There were murmurs of agreement throughout the room.

"No. They think you're Raiders. Unless you're too afraid, neh?"

That settled it for Dante.

It may be a force-forsaken suicide mission but I'll do it anyway, if only to surprise them.

"We leave in two minutes on shuttle DF-678 for the ISD Dominion. There will be a briefing there. Raiders dismissed."

As his fellow troopers ran back to retrieve armour or weapons, Dante went straight to the shuttle, which was patiently waiting for them, engines warmed up and pilot leaning back in his chair.

Dante took a seat and shut his eyes, trying to get some sleep before the mission.
He had a feeling this was pretty serious if the HC called the squads up at two in the morning.

What in Xendor's name are they thinking. Haven't they heard of R&R?"

One by one, Dante's fellow troopers filed in. As Darr took his seat near the cockpit, the boarding ramp slid closed and the engines purred.

The vessel turned and accelerated, headed for the Star Destroyer hanging in low orbit.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances."
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 25, 2007 7:30:21 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 25, 2007 7:45:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 26, 2007 3:35:20 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1443
Total Posts:  1587
November 25, 2007 7:39:57 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
“Alright ladies, get your asses in gear!” Darr-Rann  said, walking through the barracks . “All of our equipment will be provided to us on the ship, so don’t bother packing your armor or weapons. Just drop what you’re doing and head to the speeder.”

While he exited the barracks, the squad leader wondered at what sort of mission they were about to undertake. Knowing the company-wide missions they had executed in the past, there was a two to three quarters chance that they were headed somewhere very cold.  He grinned – Since his squad was designed for rough climate conditions, it would be a good chance to show everyone what raiders could do.

“So, what do you think we’ll be doing?” Leon asked as they boarded the speeder. Rogueboy grinned, and then replied “Something involving lots of gunfire and explosions. Rizz’ usually doesn’t call in the entire platoon for a mission unless it’s gonna be  a big.”

Darr-Rann nodded. He was looking forward to working with the other squads again, and the squad needed something to revitalize them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rannik ran down the hallway, pausing only to look back for a moment. Blaster fire tore down after him, slamming into the wall beside him, leaving dark, deep burns. He picked up his pace, turning a corridor and entering the information room.

“They’re here!” He yelled, drawing and throwing over a table. Technicians and other revolutionary members drew their weapons and attempted to find some cover in the machine filled room.

He cried out at the top of his lungs as he fired at the new republic police officers who entered the doorway.  Waves of stun bolts pored into the room, dropping the resistors at a rapid pace. A bolt hit him square in the chest, and Rannik felt himself falling backwards…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darr-Rann pushed the nightmarish memories from his mind as the squad boarded the dominion. The squad leader had only been aboard the ship a few times previously, but he felt a sense of familiarity as the squad was guided to their quarters.

“What now?” Asked Dante, sitting down on his bed. Darr-Rann shrugged, and did likewise.

“We wait. The other squads haven’t arrived yet – They wont call us to the briefing until at least all of us are here.” The squad leader replied. He sat there and listened to the hum of the ion engines for a moment, before drawing out a deck of Sabaac cards.

“Anyone up for a game?”  He asked. The squad took place around the table, and he dealt out the cards.
Raiders
SL/SFC_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IH][CDS][IG][BWC]
SERGEANT FIRST CLASS, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING, PHANTOM MEMBER
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Clearly Canadian!
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  906
Total Posts:  3440
November 25, 2007 7:48:00 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky got Rizzit's message, there was no time to waste. She got her comm and sent a message to everyone. "Everyone from Paladin please get to the squad's briefing room immediately."

She knew that Gio would have sent out the same message , so she hadn't bothered to ask him. She jogged to get to her quarters and put on her armor. The Shock Trooper armor felt a bit heavier than the standard armor, but then again it was specialized.

When she was in full gear , she took out her e-11/M and her DC-15 Blaster Pistol before reaching for a few frags. Once she had everything, she met up with Gio and they both walked towards the briefing rooms.

"Let's round everyone up. We'll get to the Dominion afterwards."

Gio nodded his approval. He liked the fact that they would not be taking separate ways to get to the same spot. It felt better, more professional this way.

Once they got to the briefing room , everyone was just getting seated. Gio did not dare tell them that there was no point in sitting down , since they would be leaving. When they were both in front of the group , the whole squad looked at them, with tense looks on their faces.

"We'll be leaving to the Dominion. Get your stuff and let's move out Paladin!"
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 25, 2007 8:06:49 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  876
Total Posts:  1920
November 25, 2007 8:08:30 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante sat on the bunk, and felt it groan under his weight. The shuttle had quickly and efficiently delivered them to the Impstar Dominion and they had been guided to their quarters by a grim faced officer in black.

As some of the other Raiders began a game of sabacc, Dante picked up his deece and began to disassemble it, first removing the power cell, as he had no intention of being zapped by his own weapon. He removed a rag from the kit he always kept on his person and began to wipe down the weapon's components, the servomotors in his mechanical right arm whirring as he did so.

His fingers moved quickly and deftly, avoiding the sensitive electronics, and Dante quickly became absorbed in his work. His finger slipped, and a sharp piece of metal slid along his right indexfinger. Dante instantly stopped working and cursed in several languages as he inspected the damage. The finger was almost undamaged, with a thin line carved into the Mandalorian iron coaring but the metal was bent. Dante calmly bent it back into shape using the strength granted by the cybernectic limb. He then closed the weapon up and heard a hiss as the components sealed. He then placed it aside in a safe place. Despite the distraction the weapon provided, his thoughts continued to return to the mission and the dangers it posed. Once, not too long ago, he would be laughing and joking, confident in the commanders and his squad.

Now, he wasn't so sure.

Dante tried to put aside his misgivings about a second mission so soon and decided to join in. Rogueboy was acting as the dealer, his index finger hovering over a button. Although the game was for relatively small stakes, the players were deep in concentration. Dante paid his fee and was handed his cards.

Two sabers, a flask and...the Star? Sithspawn!

Dante placed the flasks and the sabers in the neutral field, but quickly found himself falling behind. Before long, he had lost and was forced to re-buy his way in.

Rogueboy shrugged and spoke:

"You win some, you lose some."

Damn. They're obviously better than me...

Dante was handed a set of cards, adding up to negative five.

Stang.

Rogueboy pressed a button and the cards shifted to...

At first Dante couldn't believe his eyes.

What are the odds of that?

He didn't realize that he had spoken aloud until Leon replied.

"As I recall, 56788-to-one."

Numbly, Dante took the pot. It was small, but still...

I hope I didn't just use up all my luck, because I might just need it...
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances."
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 25, 2007 8:17:18 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 26, 2007 3:38:15 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 26, 2007 4:51:25 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  634
Total Posts:  1795
November 25, 2007 8:17:31 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
It was a quiet evening and Alan was lounging around in his apartment.  He had just poured himself a pitched of frothy ale and was about to take a swig from it when suddenly a message rang out informing all squads to head to the Dominion immediately.

Alan looked at the ale and swore silently.  Dammit he thought wondering if he should take a quick sip before leaving.  Deciding that he needed all of his wits about him, he grabbed his trusty DL-44 heavy blaster pistol and holstered it by his side.  He took one last look at the ale, shook his head and quickly exited his room and strode hastily to the Iron Horse barracks.

The doors to the barracks swung upon and Alan entered and immediately noticed that several troopers were already getting ready whilst others were still rising from their bunks.

“Let’s move, let’s move!” shouted Alan, “our Sentinel class shuttle is prepped and waiting to take us to the Dominion”.

With that, the squad seemed to spring into action.  In less than no time at all they were all ready and racing to the hangar bay and to the squad’s shuttle.  The squad filed in one by one into the shuttle.  Once everyone was onboard, the shuttle took off and headed for the Dominion.  Alan watched as they approached the sleek vessel.  He had always marvelled at its design and he was looking forward to getting onboard and to finding out what was in store for them.

It seemed that they had only departed but Alan soon found the shuttle docking onboard the Dominion.  The squad filed out and were led to their quarters.  There they would have to wait until being summoned and told what the mission would be.

Alan hated this part, hated the waiting.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  723
Total Posts:  1091
November 25, 2007 9:04:35 PM    View the profile of Leon 
“Leon, wow, its great to see your pretty face around here again. You’ve gotten quite scruffy though, you know, the whole beard you’ve got going on. How have things been?” Aphamos asked, an unusually big smile plastered on his face.

“Things? They’ve been good I guess… They could be better though, heh.” Leon replied, adding a nervous laugh at the end.

“You sure? Something seems to be different about you.”

“Yeah… Actually no. I won’t lie to you, and I suck at it anyways. I’d explain everything to you, but as you can see right now we don’t have the time.”

“Yeah, I knew something was different,” Aphamos answered, his face slightly wrinkling as he tried to study his friend. “Well let me get to the point. You know how I’m the Squad Leader of Dark Dragoons, right? I am also the PA, so I have PLENTY of work on my hands. As of recently, I’ve been thinking a lot… And I mean a lot.” Aphamos stood up from his chair, and made his way around the metallic desk that separated the two friends. He gently placed his hand on Leon’s shoulder. “I want you to take my spot as Squad Leader for Dark Dragoons. It’s already been made official. Do you understand the responsibility I’m placing in your hands Leon?”

Leon swallowed hard, his Adams Apple seeming as if it would burst out of place. He nodded in reply.

“Well you’re already running late, I want you to meet up with your new squad, and then get to the ISD Dominion ASAP. I’ve sent everything you need to know about your squad to your Data Pad. Take good care buddy, I know you’ll be able to handle it. Their lives are in your hands.”

“I will Aphamos… I won’t let you down.”

And with that, Leon turned on his heel, and strode out of Aphamos’s office.

Leon couldn’t believe what was happening; it was going so fast. Way to fast for Leon’s liking. In a matter of seconds, his life had changed dramatically. He should have been happy, and he should have been grateful for the promotion he had just received. But he wasn’t. For the first time in a while, he was scared. All he had to worry about up until now was his own life, and doing what was best for himself. But now… Now everything had changed. And as he stood in front of the small group of soldiers before him, studying their new Squad Leader with curiosity, he felt scared.

“Well… Where to begin?” Muttered Leon, feeling slightly stupid.

Why now Aphamos? I didn’t even have time to make an opening speech.

“I’m Leon Gregoris Bikic. You can just call me Leon, no need for formalities. I don’t need to be answered with sir, but if you want to, do as you please. As you can see I’m somewhat new to all this public speaking, and from the looks on your faces, I’m very bad at it.”

A couple of laughs and smiles flashed across his Squad Mates faces.

“Now I wish there could be some time for introductions, but unfortunately time isn’t on our side. We’ve just been assigned a mission and need to make our way over to the ISD Dominion. Get what ever it is you need to pack, whether it be armor or dirty magazines, but I want all of you over there ASAP. Time isn’t on our side.”

One of the trooper’s chuckled at his remark about the dirty magazines, making Leon feel slightly more relaxed.

“You’re all dismissed.”

He quickly strode out of the Dark Dragoon’s barracks, his hands resting in his cargo shorts pockets.

And so… I begin anew… Again.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
LeGiT
ComNet Novice

LeGiT

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  326
November 25, 2007 9:24:24 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
The briefing was shorter than usual... Brock ruminated to himself as he reached for a glass of whiskey.

The squad afterwards dispersed after the briefing, giving everyone enough time to pack their equipment. Without enough time to spare, Brock walked the secluded halls of the facility. Not long before he reached his private corridors, he was accompanied by Luckystar who was unseemly energetic.

“Well, I just want to wish you luck on the mission. Just remember that you’re not alone, and we’re in this together…” Luckystar whispered as she turned left towards her private quarter.

Brock took a few seconds to hold those plaudit words in his head, and continued through the corridors in deep thought. Upon arriving to his room, he managed to get some of the equipment that will be of good use on the mission, at least he thought. Putting side his squad armor and equipment, he decided to take with him something that he bought himself. He wasn’t sure what to pick from the variety of weaponry he had, but it was clear he needed what he didn’t have. He had the armor, communication device, the rifle and pistol. Not long before he realized that he needed a personal transportation vehicle, that he decided that he’ll take with him his Nightfalcon Speeder Bike that he just bought from the Imperial Center Store who he was hoping to arrive in time before the squad’s departure. Thoughts flowed afterwards, and he decided to bring along his Class-A Thermal Detonator in case the situation got out of control. Since he didn’t known if the situation will ever get serious, he brought it anyways, just to be on the safe side.

The equipment was put away on his personal luggage, except his Shock Trooper Armor who he fitted on his body to the best of his ability. He took a moment to breathe before putting on the helmet which was elegantly glossy as daylight shined the black finished paint. He walked towards his mirror and admired his armor, who he wore proudly as he headed out of the corridors; into the open. Upon arriving at the hangar, an incoming ship landed on the surface. By the looks of it, the man was wearing a formal stormtrooper uniform. Being the first at sight, the man walked towards Brock and asked him where he could find Private First Class Brock Vik. Brock nodded at the man, and muttered…

“This is Brock… Are you here to deliver an item of some sort...?”

“Well yes… To you actually. Your order has been processed, and your Nightfalcon Speeder Bike has arrived.”

Brock uplifted his right cheek and grinned as he headed towards the transport vessel where his Nightfalcon was.

Seeing it from a picture is way different than actually seeing the bike in person. Brock thought to himself, as he rode the speeder bike into a deep corner of the hangar. A formal salute was followed afterwards by the two Imperials.

Brock took off his helmet, and rested alongside the squad's transportation vessel, waiting for the others to meet up at the ship and later head off.
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]

[This message has been edited by Legit (edited November 25, 2007 11:01:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited November 25, 2007 11:02:58 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  979
Total Posts:  1305
November 25, 2007 10:10:03 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
It seemed like an urgent message, but that certainly didnt stop Giovanni from taking his sweet time preparing. He knew that in the rush out of his apartment, he would often leave things, only to clutch frantically around his bag or belt for something he needed. It always happened.

Not this time. No way.

He sat down and pulled out a black case from under his bed. His new E-11/M had yet to see battle, but the current situation promised to change that. His new suit of armor was also unblemished, much to his chagrin. He shrugged it off. There would be plenty of time to wear it in. After all, a suit of armor was nothing without a defining hole, or gash. Those imperfections told stories, kept records.

He hummed a jazzy song he had heard in the Cantina the night before to himself as he finished loading up his black duffel bag. He had taken a while, so no doubt, the rest of his squad had already arrived on the ISD Dominion. It had been a while since he had set foot on a Star Destroyer himself.

He stepped into the refresher booth and within minutes he was a new man. His hair was still a curly mess, but it was nothing he could fix.

He got up, grabbed a ration pack, and slung the bag over his shoulder. The ride to the Dominion would not be a long one, so he slackened his pace. Something in the air just made it feel okay to relax for a few precious moments.

It was that time of the year again.

Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 
  ^CombatEngineer^

SL/SFC Giovanni Bryden/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  105
Total Posts:  124
November 25, 2007 10:52:44 PM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
Baretz kept the majority of his gear at the base, with the exception of the D-15s.  He had hurried to locker room, and inside was his uniform and other items.  He stripped down to his boxers, and then put the body suit on, and then came the Shock Trooper Armor.  The white plasisteel suit carefully snapped into place, sized for his body, and he smiled as each piece fell into place layering his body. 

He then put the sidearm on his belt, grabbed the E-11 /M and TI-47 putting the E-11 in his duffel bag, while carrying the TI-47 atop it.  His duffel bag was always stocked with; five packs of smoke, ten ration packs, and extra energy cells. 

Once everything had been gathered he walked quickly down the hallways. 

"Another Mission."  he thought to himself.

"Lets make this one fun."

He then headed towards the Dominion.  His stuff as ready as he was, and upon the arrival he walked on board, his lips curling under the helmet with the sadistic grin that danced along his lips at the beginning of every mission, but no one had the opportunity to see it.

TRP/LCPL baretz_sonok/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1114
Total Posts:  2382
November 25, 2007 10:53:55 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“ZOMG?”

“No need to get excited sir, it’s just a mere droid,” the tech didn’t bother to glance over his shoulder at the squad leader leaning over the counter to read the form he was trying to sign.

“No... the droid’s designation... Z0-MG?” Riq held the paper closer to make sure he was reading it right.

“Ah, that’s right,” the tech shrugged, “You are here for the...”  Riq sighed as the tech blabbered on about the droid that Katrina had sent the squad while out on some more training courses, finding an excuse to pull himself out of the technoblabble with a small datapad buzzing his his pouch.  Smiling politely as he pulled himself back from the conversation, Riq flashed up the message and stifled a groan when it was composed from Rizzit, and letting the groan escape when the message contents were imbedded in his mind.

Riq smiled weakly, “If you could so kindly just send the droid over to,” he glanced at the datapad briefly, “hangar bay 31 for me.  Have to run off for a bit.”

“Sure no problem,” the tech had called over his shoulder to an already empty room.

...  ...

“Get your arses up, we’re heading up to the Dominion,” the Eclipse squad leader jogged into the barracks, straight for his quarters.  “Jelly, round up Wicket... wherever he is...” Riqimo chuckled slightly, it was nap time for their favorite Sullustan, and each time he seemed to pick a different spot to rest.

Leaving the door open just a crack so he could hear what was going on, Riq fiddled with the security on his foot locker to reveal two of his most prized weapons.  Riqimo brushed his fingers against the royal blue velvet as he withdrew the sai and whip, almost a trademark with his tortured gaze now.

Riq flinched slightly at the sound of a tapping outside his room, it wasn’t the source, but the reminder that stuck at his heartstrings.  A brief moment his shoulders sagged at the memory of carrying Rike out of the jungle, then laying him to rest in a body bag to be sent to the morgue.  Troopers came, troopers went, but rarely did he actually lose them, not that way...

Shaking his head out of its brief lapse, he rose, expelling the air from his lungs in a deep sigh.  He knew that death happened, but he had made a promise to himself those weeks ago... or was it months already?  Time went by too fast to bother keeping track... you had to stay alive, or in Riq’s mind, make sure the others lived, even at the cost of his own life.  Rike’s death was a slap in the face and Riq swore he would uphold that... or fall down that slippery slope one last time...

“To the shuttle folks it'll take us up to the ISD Dominion with a short ride,” he grabbed the duffel he kept packed up for instances like this, “Armor is supposedly being loaded onto our shuttle, so pack light.  Going to be fun times I hope.”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  200
Total Posts:  1385
November 25, 2007 11:21:24 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
“Jelly, round up Wicket... wherever he is...” Riqimo chuckled slightly as Saph caught the tail end of the conversation. Naturally she had her duffel swung over her shoudlers. All set to go before Doc was.

"A bit slow today Doc?" Saph replied, walking in as he was finishing up with whatever he was working on. Riq looked up at her with a cool gaze.

"Not in the least.."  He replied, watching Saphira  lean against the door jam.

“To the shuttle folks it'll take us up to the ISD Dominion with a short ride," She listened and watched as he grabbed the duffel he kept packed up  “Armor is supposedly being loaded onto our shuttle, so pack light.  Going to be fun times I hope.” Guess that answers a few questions.. Saph thought to herself.

"Yea, yea.. like this will be any diffrent then the other missions.. The crew techs just better not have damaged my armor or else.." She muttered, turning her back to Doc and started to walk away. Riq only gave a slight smile knowing that she ment it and hoped Saph was going to save her energy for the mission ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Walking down the hall the Twi'lik kept her eyes straight ahead. Boots tapping lightly on the floor she rounded the corner and  about ran into Gimp.

"Will you watch were you're going?" She growled. Grabbing the end of her duffel as it attempted to slide off her shoulder.  Gimp only smiled and that was enough. He knew she was comming.

"Mabey I was.." He replied back.

"So not the time Gimp..." She retorted with a growl, trying to push past him. His hand shot out, grabbing her. Pulling her back he pressed her into the wall.

"No, this is the perfect time.. Besides.. Your the only one I really know well enough.. I figured we'd walk down there together.."  He said, releasing her with that same smile. With a sigh she nodded to him.

"Fine.. but keep your distance.." She replied, grinding her teeth. Gimp pnly laughed, tossing his own duffel up on his shoulders and walked beside her as they headed out into the hanger where the shuttle was waiting for them.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  49
Total Posts:  144
November 26, 2007 12:02:48 AM    View the profile of Gimp 
“Get your arses up, we’re heading up to the Dominion...” Eclipse Squad Leader Riqimo bellowed throughout the barracks. This would be Gimp's first mission in the Vast Empire Army and he could barely contain his excitement. He wondered if they would be going to the Wookie world, or a volcanic planet, maybe infiltrating a New Republic space station. Visions of him carving the throats off the necks of generals danced through his head.

“Armor is supposedly being loaded onto our shuttle, so pack light." Riqimo continued.

Well if they are giving us the armor all we need to bring is our hatchet and dagger.

They probably wont even let us on the shuttle without some sort of firepower, and we have been practicing.

True. Twin DoomBringers?

The E-11 also.

Why not just bring everything we own?

Shut up and grab the C3POD.

Ooo, yeah!

Having all that he needed he started off toward the hanger. Looking around at his squad he realized that he was familiar with most of them, but didn't really know any of them. Alater, the giant lizard, was cool but he looked a little intense at the moment. He liked wicket but could only handle his antics in doses. Then he remembered Saphira, she was the squad mate he was most familiar with. Prickly though she may be, she would have to do. He turned around to go find the Twi'lek and nearly ran into her. Being the sort of woman to give a missile the brush off, he had to be creative to get her attention.

"Fine.. but keep your distance.." She replied, grinding her teeth. Gimp only laughed, tossing his own duffel up on his shoulders and walked beside her as they headed out into the hanger where the shuttle was waiting for them.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  275
November 26, 2007 12:18:20 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
"Well guys...you heard the man."

Mako stood from his bunk slowly.  The mission that they had just come back from had not played well with his temperament. 

He opened his locker and jammed the earbuds of his C3POD into his ears.  he cranked the volume and started packing his things.

"All of this money and no time to spend it," Mako thought.  "Wish we had time for a beer before we shipped out again."

Mako packed up his belongings, a few boxer shorts, about ten weapons, his stealthy Camo Scout Armor, and a few other...more personal things...(like deoderant you dirty minded thing you).

After everything was packed up, Mako took a long look at his refresher booth.

He looked around the barracks, and the others were still a bit behind him on packing.

He quickly stripped down and jumped in the 'fresher.  By god he may be tired but he would be the cleanest Storm Trooper on that yacht.

Mako jumped out and put on some R2D2 roll-on deoderant and quickly got suited up.  He grabbed his stuff, looked around for spies, and snatched Gates' Pillow on the way out the door.

He ran toward the loading zone with Gates' pillow tucked securely under his fresh smelling underarm.

He though he heard someone screaming after him, but he could not be sure.

He moved toward the ISD Dominion, hoping to claim the best seat in the DD area.
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  982
November 26, 2007 12:20:36 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
He strolled through the hallways of the base on Tadath, headed to the hangar bay where the shuttle would take him up to the Dominion. The whole place seemed alive, more so considering the time of day. He forgot sometimes that there were people in this place that did much more than just fight for the Empire. He sometimes took their jobs for granted. Just because they didn't lay their lives in the line of fire didn't make their existence any less important.

After all, without them, Giovanni would be a malnourished, under equipped grunt.

He kept humming the song to himself. He couldn't get it out of his head. He'd have to talk to the Cantina band when he got back. The tune was addictive.

In his absentmindedness, Giovanni turned the corner and almost ran into Ievit.

"Whoa, sorry there. Didn't see you..." apologized the newly decorated Sergeant First class.

"Yeah, no worries. Wouldn't want a repeat of the last time you ran me over" She gave a slight smile but got rid of it as soon as Giovanni had noticed it.

"Well, let's get a move on shall we?"

Together the two walked towards the Hangar bay. Ievit seemed to be lugging around a lot more than him, but he shrugged it off. He had always been simple in his equipment load out. The bare necessities were all he needed. Any more equipment and he'd feel like he was just making things a lot more complicated.

They were getting closer now to the Hangar bay when he recognized his newest recruit, rounding a corner, with his Academy duffel bag loaded to the brim with his rifle and ammunition.

"Hey Viper!" The Squad Leader waved at him, and the young man stopped dead in his tracks and snapped to attention.

"At ease, soldier. I'm not even in uniform."

He brought his hand back down to his side and barked a clear "Sir. Yes, sir."

The three walked on, eager to begin their new mission and forge a stronger bond in the heat of battle.

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1116
November 26, 2007 1:23:18 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“Snowtrooper...” Riqimo peeked inside the crate just loaded on the shuttle.  He took another peek to make sure he saw the uniquely designed helmets.

Usually snowtrooper meant freezing your ass off, despite supposedly engineered to keep you warm and cozy.  It was too cold, or too hot; there was no comfort zone.  At least for Riq there wasn’t, and he wasn’t know for the best luck, so what did he know?

{O RLY?} Z0-MG beeped out, causing a sigh from the squad that thought his method of communication was cute at first, but quickly became annoyed.

“Buckle up, unfortunately” Riqimo stressed the word with a hint of sarcasm; “McCarthy was unable to reached on a short notice, so we have some unassigned pilot.” The sighs of relief and the {LOLZER} came almost in unison from the squad and peculiar astromech droid as Riq settled himself in a seat near the crate as the shuttle started to rumble slightly and lift off the ground.

After a short ride off the planet’s surface and into orbit, the shuttle proceeded into the hangar of the Imperial Star Destroyer Dominion and the squad shuffled out into a typical busy hangar of a fully staffed capitol ship.  Droids beeped obscurities to the squad to move out of the way as any equipment that was brought up with them was unloaded.

“We have a section up near the middle front of the ship, couple rooms there.  Dunno if there will be others near us,” Riqimo shrugged.  “Z0-MG, care to lead us through the maze of corridors on this ship? Should have a map or something from a terminal around here.”

{KK} was the response, sounding somewhat like a whirling blip.  Riqimo sighed, he was really starting to hate this droid more than a typical astromech droid.

It was going to be a long wait for the briefing on why they came here if he was going to deal with this droid all the time.  Luckily though, he could be left on ship once they hit planetside... something to look forward to on besides maybe losing a few fingers.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  983
November 26, 2007 2:40:59 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The three Paladin's walked into the hangar and gazed at their new transport vessel. It was just a regular shuttle, but it now donned the Paladin name. It would be their transport in and out of trouble from this point forward. Giovanni had personally picked the pilot earlier, and he came with the highest recommendation. Not to mention, the man was related to the squad leader himself.

Aldur Wyndaru served a short stint as a Navy pilot, but the brainiac cousin of Giovanni never quite fit in. When he was approached to fly and maintain a Sentinel class landing shuttle, he jumped at the opportunity. He liked the idea of working alone, and he was happy to be in relative safety as a simple transport pilot. Or so he thought.

Giovanni had never met the young man prior to their meeting by chance on the orbital platform, but he had a better time trusting someone who came from his bloodline than a complete stranger, even if it was a person he knew nothing about.

Aldur was quickly checking fuel lines, running a diagnostic check on the engines and going through his checklist. It was a short flight, but his attention to detail bordered on obsessive compulsiveness.

"Alright guys, get on board. I'll be right up." The two other Paladin's nodded and walked into the shuttle, where the shuffling of feet and carry-on bags could be heard from outside.

I know i'm forgetting something, but i'm not sure what...

He looked around the hangar and saw the equipment, now being loaded and secured on the cargo bay of their ship. He knew little of the planet Yuka, except for what he had learned from his fellow troopers.

Interestingly enough, there were two Yukas, both located in the Kamino system. One was essentially a hellish piece of molten rock, and the other one a huge block of ice. He had no idea what to prepare for, but assumed the higher ups had made the necessary arrangements.

Ah, how could i forget?

He pulled a small silver square out of his pocket and pressed on one of three buttons. A low beep confirmed the action, and from the  entrance flew in the newest member of Paladin.

P4L-1 had arrived. The Prowler 1000 droid would be of great help, and would keep them out of danger in precarious situations.

The droid chirped unintelligibly and followed Giovanni onto the shuttle.

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Aeos
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1478
Total Posts:  3141
November 26, 2007 4:55:47 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Attention all Squads…this is Brigadier General Rizzit Blackheart. We have an urgent mission that requires immediate service. Meet up on the ISD Dominion for briefing and transportation to the system. DO NOT DELAY! BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!”

“Oh crap him!”
Aeos bolted up from the couch in the Jester Barracks. Not impressed. Don G’eve was about to kiss the little tramp. Aeos stole a last fleeting glance at the soap that played on the hologram with the ever so handsome Don G’eve. If any of the Jesters caught her watching this…Aeos shuddered at the thought. She would never hear the end of it. She slammed her fist down on the small remote, snapping it almost in half as she has hastened to shut the program down. Not a second to late, the room began to fill with the rest of the squad.

“Bin watching Don G’eve again, have we Aeos?”

“Keep ya mouth fly boy,” Vasili snickered but soon the humor was forgotten as everyone’s thoughts turned to the situation at hand.
“Right, Jesters. Do what you do best, serving this god-forsaken Empire and don’t die,” said Eviscsares as he pulled the top-half of his armor over his head. Remluf clung to Merrick’s axe, being given the honoury duty of guarding and polishing this feared weapon.
“Move out guys, grab your gear, don’t need shit like a briefing, Merr and Kams will fill us in on the way,” said Eviscares, his head finally poking through the other side of the armor.

“I daresay you speech was utterly inspirational” muttered Aeos dryly as she made her way about collecting various objects from the small room which she might need.
“Bring something warm as well, no need to screw around with armor, its being loaded on our transports already” muttered Merrick as she strolled in through the open doorway of the barracks. Aeos snapped to a crisp salute as she acknowledged Merrick and Kami in the doorway before excusing herself to her room to collect the last few items what she thought she might need. The equipment she favored above all was her grapple gun, climbing gear including the claws, her twin set of DC-15’s and last but not least, a vibrobayonet. The ever so accompanying E-11 was of course included.

“Watch out for going to heavy Ae,”
Vasili stepped into her room, ignoring her disapproving face.
“Climbing gear I’m wearing, DC-15’s are a standard along with the E-11, only extra would be my grapple and bayonet, shut it,”

Vasili grinned.
“Still as feisty as ever hmh?”
“Of course, are you packed?”
“Yep, thought we could make our way down together,”
“You may walk along if that is what you mean,” muttered Aeos in mock frustration. It only took a few more seconds of dashing across her room before she was finally ready.
“Let’s go,”
Jester Squad
SSGT_Aeos/[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)

TRN/JRN_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited November 26, 2007 4:57:02 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited November 26, 2007 7:47:21 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

Post Number:  908
Total Posts:  3440
November 26, 2007 7:28:05 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
After getting her equipment from her room , she started to make her way towards the hangars.  as she walked into numerous hallways , she spotted Brock lugging alot of equipment. she walked over to him , and grabbed one of his bags.

"You're only supposed to bring the necessities. You are carrying a bit too much with you. Let me help you bring some of this back."

With a short, quick nod , he let her carry one of the bulky bags and they walked back to his quarters.

"I would have brought the same amount of equipment if this wasn't an urgent mission." she hoped those words made him feel slightly better.

After he had put the extra equipmrnt on his bed, shut and locked the door to his quarters, they both started to walk back towards the hangars.

As they walked in the hallways at a brisk pace , she saw people briefly look at them before going to get their own things. They stepped outside , and Lucky took the liberty of looking at the sky. Today was a sunny, cloudless day.

When they made it to the hangars, she searched for their shuttle. she didn't have to lookf or long . There, in a hangar a little ways away, was a beautiful shuttle with the Paladin name on it.

She found the ramp down, so she climbed in. When the ramp rolled up behind them , she saw that Finch , Gio , Viper and Baretz were already there.

She took a window seat and Brock came to sit beside her. She saw their pilot Aldur Wyndaru. She had seen him a few times, but she knew that Gio knew him personnaly.

She sat back and waited for the shuttle to launch.
ASL/GSGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Wicket
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Wicket

Post Number:  306
Total Posts:  378
November 26, 2007 10:31:52 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
It was that time of year again when the streets of Tadath were beginning to get busier and busier. The Vast Empire was also beginning to be filled with the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to do last minute things. This only meant one thing for Wicket.

"Holiday season!" Wicket shouted as he jolted from his bed and ran to the window. Not to his surprise, there were many people rushing about and speeders flying through the streets. Wicket gave a giant smile as he went into his kitchen to make some food. This time of year Wicket was always in good spirit, more so than he usually always is.

He began to cook his food when suddenly he came up with a good idea. "I will decorate the Eclipse barracks!" He shouted as he began to take out more food. "I think I will cook them all breakfast again. Hopefully they will eat it this time..." He began making the breakfast.

After a while, Wicket had finished cooking. The smell was very appetizing. He covered the food up and rushed down to the barracks. The halls were filled with many people, so he had to be careful about knocking into someone and dropping the food. He got up to the door and opened it. "Hello? Anyone here?" Wicket said as he looked around. "Guess not. I'll just put it on this here table I spose." He layed the food down on the table.

Wicket headed to the closet and opened it up. Inside were a bunch of decorations for different occasions. He looked around to find the proper season. "Oh, here it is." He tried to lift the box, but it was too heavy. Ergggg "Dammit, it's too heavy. I guess I'll just drag it." He said as he began to drag the box. He opened it up and inside were many ornaments and what not. He first took out some tinsel and started to drape it across the ceiling. He continued to do that for quite some time. Suddenly, Rizzit's voice came over the holonet.

Attention all Squads…this is Brigadier General Rizzit Blackheart. We have an urgent mission that requires immediate service. Meet up on the ISD Dominion for briefing and transportation to the system. DO NOT DELAY! BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!

Son of a... "I guess this is gunna have to wait." Wicket said as he rushed back to his room. "I never get any time to rest. Mission after mission after missi-" Wicket walked straight into a pole, falling down. "Ugh, dammit!" Wicket shouted as he stood back up and started running.

He finally reached his room and ran around frantically trying to find everything he needed. Let's see here...hmm. Do I have everything? Fruit Freller, Toaster, deck of cards, chance cube... He continued to list off every item that he had managed to shove in a bag. "I think thats it!" He picked up his two bags and threw the third over his shoulders and left his room. "Now where did Rizzit say to go again?"
^CombatEngineer^

TRP/GSGT Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [RoM] [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [VUA-Eclipse] [IH]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  636
Total Posts:  1795
November 26, 2007 11:34:43 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Everyone of the Iron Horse squad waited patiently onboard the Dominion, everyone that was except for Alan.  He hated waiting, hated it with a passion.  He wanted to know what the mission was and he wanted to know now.  He decided that enough was enough and decided to go for a walk.

“Stay here” said Alan to the squad as he got up.  The rest of the squad looked back at him and nodded as they watched their squad leader leave the area that had been assigned to them.

“Restless, isn’t he” commented Ken.

“Looks like it” replied Verlock.

I hope I remember how to get back here thought Alan as he wandered down the hallways of the Dominion.  He gazed around him and was impressed by the sheer beauty of the ship, it was truly magnificent.  On his wanderings, he spotted several other squads arriving and others waiting in their assigned areas.

One shuttle that had just arrived was offloading several crates.  Alan noticed that one of the crates was slightly open.  Alan, curious, and hoping that it might give some insight as to the nature of the mission, he glanced inside the crate.  What met his gaze sent a shiver through him.

“Snowtrooper armour” he whispered.  That could mean only one thing and it didn’t appeal to Alan very much.  Alan hated the cold.  He couldn’t abide the snow and the freezing temperature.  “Just once, couldn’t we be assigned to a warm planet” he said.

“Sir?” queried an officer that had heard Alan and thought it was a statement directed at him.

“As you were” replied Alan as he started to make his way back to his squad.  Now where are they again thought Alan as he roamed the corridor, hoping he was going in the right direction.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  154
Total Posts:  535
November 26, 2007 12:19:32 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos stood with the rest of his Squad. They watched as they're new squad leader, Leon. He seemed nice enough. After a few minutes of introductions they stepped back inside the barracks to get their equipment ready.

Orobos grabbed his back. He stopped half-way looking at his new augmented fingers. Part of his arm too had been replaced due to damage to his main artery. He sighed grabbing his bag.

"Kick the grenade... kick the grenade... kick the grenade..." he recited to himself a couple of time while packing in his usual weapons. His vibro-axe DC-15 pistol, heavy blaster and the standard issue E-11.

Once his weapons were packed he grabbed his armour and the flaps which could be connected with it for when they were fighting in cold climates with snow or ice. He looked over at his squad-mates most of them were packing pieces of clothing which apparently heated themselves. He went back to packing thinking about his home planet. It would be nice to see something similar to it.

Once packed he lifted out the bottom of his locker to reveal several bottles of liquor. He looked at them for a bit and then took out a small Crystal bottle with some amber liquid and took a swig from it. He glanced over at Tanus who was watching him with the bottle. Orobos moved to put it away then he saw Tanus motioning to give him the bottle.

Orobos thought he was going to confiscate it but instead he just pulled out the stopper and took a mouthful before handing it back. Orobos grinned and took another gulp of the warm liquid before stowing it away again.

Once he was ready he moved out with the squad along the corridor towards the Dominion.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2ndSQD/1stPLT/1stCom/1stReg/1stBat/Tadath/ VEA/

Beag ach Fíochmhar
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  124
November 26, 2007 1:22:42 PM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
His eyes drifted from the seat in front of him he had been staring down, to the rest of his squad mates.  He had an expierence recently that had begin warping his perspective into a somewhat nicer man.  He had attached himself to someone, and with that he was able to discard the belief of staying distant from everyone around him, he then looked to Lucky, as they all waited for the shuttle to lift off. 

"Good Luck."

Those might of been the most sincere words he'd ever spoken to her.  Since the begining of his time here, she had seemed condecending, but recently he had an epiphony, she was just concerned, rather than wanting to make everyone feel less useful than they really were. 

His fingers traced the scope atop the TI-47, and he double checked the contatiners on his side and back.  He had plenty of shells for the TI-47 if it was needed, and the E-11 /M he had plenty of energy cells.  His eyes moved over his squad, and the malicious grin was replaced with a gentle, knowing smile.  Certain of their inevitable success.

TRP/LCPL baretz_sonok/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1120
November 26, 2007 1:56:00 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riq chuckled as he punched the keypad code in and tried to hide his broad grin unsuccessfully from the squad, “What?  I never said we had first class accommodations.”

“Yea...” Blackout tried one last petition, “I don’t think we had the idea of a renovated garbage masher as our quarters for the trip...”

“You can stay in the operational one across the hall if you want,” Riq raised his voice slightly to be heard over the grinding.

“I’ll pass...”

“Figured,” Riqimo shrugged as he entered the room, quite spacious and set up so that each cot was in something resembling that of a cubical.  “Well... hope you folks have an enjoyable time here.  Looks cozy.”

“Wait...” Jelly caught the hidden meaning in the words, “Where are you staying?”

Riq adverted his eyes, “Well, had a room offered that’s kinda close to the other officers...”

“Is it a nice room?” Wicket piped in.

“Dunno,” the squad leader shrugged, “Haven’t seen it yet,” Riq glanced at the droid, “Z0-MG... you are staying with the troopers.”

{O RLY?}

“Yes... really... And Jelly, make sure there isn’t a fire started or something.  I want everyone in one piece when I get back, that’s eight pieces,” a beep from the droid made Riq sigh lightly, “sorry, nine pieces.”

As he left he nodded to the keypad, “Be sure to be careful, you don’t want to accidentally reactivate the mashing part of the room.  Might get a little crowded.”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 26, 2007 1:56:50 PM)]
Wicket
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Wicket

Post Number:  307
Total Posts:  378
November 26, 2007 2:30:19 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket messaged Riqimo on his comlink. "Hey Doctor. Where are we supposed to be headed. I was too busy doing something and all of a sudden I heard Rizzits voice and then I was like whoa then I went up to my room to get my stuff and I was trying to figure out all I needed. So then I was franti-" Wicket rapidly said, being cut off from Riqimo.

"Ok that's good. You don't need to give me every detail. So basically what you are saying is...is that you don't know where to go. Correct?" Riqimo replied, shaking his head. What am I gunna do with him.

"Basically, but as I was saying-" Wicket replied.

"Shh!" Riqimo cut off Wicket again, knowing that he would ramble on and on. "Ok just meet up with the rest of the squad down at the Dominion...and make it quick. We don't want the Empire to fall because of you." Riqimo sighed and turned off his comlink.

The Dominion. Got it. Wicket thought to himself as he began to run faster. The closer he got the less people there were, making it quite a quick trip. In a couple of minutes, Wicket showed up and looked around for any sign of Jelly Bean, Riqimo, or any of the other squad members. His height did not help seeing over the tall members, so he just walked on through to see if he could come across any.

As he walked, he noticed some of the troopers from Raiders squad playing a game of cards. He happened to see one of the troopers cheating. Pfft, and they call me the cheater. Wicket thought as he motioned some signals to one of the other players, giving clues as to one of the hands. He continued through the mass of troopers when he ran into Jelly. Ooph sounded Wicket. "Jelly!" There you are! So where are the rest of the people?"

"Can't you see where you are walking?" Jelly replied. "I have no idea. Doc is over there though."

Wicket's eyes grew in size as he ran over to Riqimo. "Doctor!" Wicket shouted, giving him a hug. "I made it!"

"I see that. Good for you. Where have you been though? You are like almost the last one to arrive. Me and Saph thought you were taking a nap." Riqimo replied

"Well I was but then I woke up cause I wanted to work...on...something." Wicket replied suspiciously.

"Working on what exactly?..." Riqimo responded, slightly worried.

"Oh nothing. You will find out soon enou-!" Wicket said as he looked over and saw a droid staring at him. "What is that thing?!"
^CombatEngineer^

TRP/GSGT Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [RoM] [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [VUA-Eclipse] [IH]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  155
Total Posts:  535
November 26, 2007 2:54:18 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos walked thought the hallways with his squad. They let him walk in front for a while because the crowd of engineers, technicians and other such civilians seemed to clear in front of him. Probably because he stood a couple of feet above everyone else.

After a while of this he heard the low soft hum of his datapad and pulled it out. So did everyone else in the squad. After a minute of standing in the hall reading the message they had received Tanus spoke up.

"Change of plans we're meeting the squad leader on board the Dominion, the hanger," he said loudly enough for everyone in the corridor to hear him.

They moved quickly along the corridor the crowd struggling to get out of the way of the squad. The squashed themselves up against the wall a the squad walked by not noticing their efforts.

They walked along a good five minutes. They walked by the bar on the way and Orobos groaned. But after a while he jut settled on getting some of the cheap stuff on board after they met up with their new Squad Leader.

After about half an hour of walking through thick crowds in the halls they finally made it to the dominion. The moment they were on the headed straight for the Hanger.

After several minutes of moving through even more packed hallways they reached it to find Leon standing by a shuttle. He smiled at the site of us and walked over to brief them on the upcoming mission.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2ndSQD/1stPLT/1stCom/1stReg/1stBat/Tadath/ VEA/

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  51
Total Posts:  144
November 26, 2007 3:25:15 PM    View the profile of Gimp 
He found a cot in the far corner of the room and sat his duffel on it. A renovated garbage masher wouldn't have been the worst place he had laid his head so he went ahead and got comfortable.

It's not really a garbage can,Dummy.

Whatever Capitan Knowitall, did you see those lady Troopers we're gonna work with? D-double-licious.

You know I did baby, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!

C3POD earbuds firmly in his ears, he absentmindedly took swipes at the air with his D'skar dagger. He sliced to the beat of his music and, after a while, decided that he should use his hatchet for the bass. Before long he was off in his own little world, dancing on his cot with his weaponry.

...hack slice chop! Hack hack hack, slice! Hack chop chop, slice chop chop hack!

His squad mates had noticed his lack of good sense, some going about their business while others watched the show, the walls of the cubicle not nearly high enough to hide his shame.

Without looking away from Gimp, Jelly asked Saph "So the new guy's a retard, huh?"

"Fraid so." She responded dryly.

A few more moments of dancing and the private felt eyes watching him. His jaw nearly hit the floor when he grasped the scene.

"I was, uh, just practicing." He said with false bravado. "Working on my stabs and my, uh... chops." He sat back down and tried to hide in his cubicle until they all left.

Way to go. Now they all know how brilliant you can be.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited November 26, 2007 3:28:56 PM)]
Blackout
ComNet Initiate

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  199
November 26, 2007 4:06:23 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Blackout didn't like the idea of a garbage masher as his room, specially since he could have one of the nicer rooms up stairs. Still he didn't dare complain, he might and up with a blaster pointed in his head.

“Wicket, you hear that, there is an empty 'room' right next to us, it's a lot nicer” Jelly said, looking straight at Him and winking. Dax caught on fast.

“Really?” Wicket piped up, grabbing his bags and heading for the door.

Blackout intercepted the Sullustan before he went out. “Yea, if you want to be Sullustan Baby food, I suggest you stay here.”

Jelly grinned a little bit and Dax just smiled. It wasn't bad humor, but it wasn't nice anyway, after all Wicket probably knew anyway.

“So no separate quarters, I guess we are going to have to make our own quarters, all of you stand over there and I will take what's left.” Gimp said. Blackout noticed Saph was looking at Gimp with an evil eye, but the whole place went out in laughter.

“Kinda smells bad, Anyone got air freshener?” Wicket said, setting his bags down again. Riqimo had been gone for a short time now. Yea wicket, let me just pull out my fan and smelling salts and we'll have a party. Thought Dax glumly.

He opened his bag and pulled out his C3POD, he noticed Gimp had found the cot, so he would just use the corner sit and read any messages left on his Datapad that may have slipped through before they left, which usually happened due to his communications set up.

It wasn't a bad idea converting the old compactor, it still smelled though as wicket had unpleasantly brought up, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. At least the Tube was blocked off so no garbage could get in.

“Please tell me there is a nice little bar on here.” Blackout said.

Jelly just shrugged and moved towards the wall that had no one else on it.

“That's not reassuring.”

“Hey, it's not supposed to be, these conditions come with the armor.” Jelly said, a grin spreading across his face.

“Well, at least I have these.” Dax pulled his ration packs and opened one quickly, he started eating away, grimacing with every bite. it's better than nothing

He continued to munch away on the nasty things as he made his way to his self proclaimed corner. He set down his ration pack and pulled out his datapad, noticing a couple of  messages that had just been sent. I love technology.

He didn't read them right away, instead he laid his head back on his bunched up coat which he was using for make-shift pillow, which wasn't a bad idea, considering the conditions.

“Hey I am going to go see what's on the shuttle.” Blackout said, hoping he could get away from the
stench that all of a sudden filled his nostrils.

Jelly shook his head and sat up from the cot. “Be back in five standard minutes.”

“In that case never mind.” Laying his head back again he popped in his ear phones, Blackout wasn't going to argue.
TRP/CPL Blackout/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[BoH] [VUA-Eclipse]  [EW Ix2]

VE=My anti-Drug
LeGiT
ComNet Novice

LeGiT

Post Number:  66
Total Posts:  326
November 26, 2007 4:23:49 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
Well, this is what I’ve been waiting for a long time since my arrival on Tadath.

Brock thought to himself as the shuttle lifted from the hangar. Not having a clear view from the window, Brock allowed for some time to himself, while Luckystar gazed through the window; watching as the ship elevated into the different altitudes. Upon reaching several thousand feets high above the clouds, the weather was calm and didn’t seem that it was subjected to change throughout the flight. It wasn’t the first time Brock flew on a shuttle before, but not in those serene conditions before. It was either at night, or during a storm. Brock’s prime though at mind while looking at the sky was his arrival at Hangar Bay 1141; which wasn’t a pretty flight, definitely not with the turbulence and the tempest.

Before he had another moment of thought, he was halted by Luckystar who kept wondering why he was starring at deep space. Brock snapped from his thoughts as he tried to recuperate his eyes back to their normal state. Luckystar couldn’t bear but to give him a nod afterwards as she grinned slightly before falling into deep slumber. Her head tilted back as she tried to cuddle herself before letting her eyes roll backwards and loosing her sight moments after. Brock turned his back without making much of a sound or movement from his hips, and looked towards Baretz, who was unseemly, more open and comfortable with the squad than usual. Brock took a moment to pop his head slightly backwards and back forward, as in an attempt to call his attention and informally greet him. Baretz smiled as he slightly raised his right thumb up, signifying that he was okay, and was going to be okay from here and out. Although Baretz didn’t notice it, Brock was motivated by the trooper, and grew a more plausible bonding since then. At least he thought. Not to far from Baretz was Finch, who caught the sight of Brock’s left eye, as he slowly turned his hips moreover towards the left.

Brock hasn’t really interacted with her since he was sort of new to the squad, but he took that time to do so. He wasn’t about to just go on a mission without knowing at least something from his fellow troopers. Having a close bond with them, made him feel more easeful to work with. Especially on the battlefield, that without your squad coherence, he’ll either end up dead or his comrades as well. Not to mention letting down one of the most feared powers in the galaxy; the Empire. 

“Hey there, I’m Private First Class Brock Vik… I’m new to Paladin Squad, and if you ever need something from me, don’t hesitate to ask.... Oh and I want to wish you the best of luck...”

“Thank you… Likewise to you trooper…”

Brock fainted a placid facial expression on his face that Finch seemed to enjoy as she returned it with an upward curving of the lip: That unseemly fitted her personality, and was unique in its own way. She then returned to her calm self as she once again stared at the beautiful scenery while the ride lasted.

As he turned his hips laggardly, facing them towards the chair in front of him, Brock noticed Giovanni in his poorly conditioned suit, but priceless in the sense that it represented more than a soldier, more of a symbol of bravery and loyalty of a man who put his life on the line for the Empire, for himself and his squad-mates. That was at least, what Brock though of him, and his interpretation of his suit who Giovanni dearly held very close to him.

Before returning to his state of thought, he watched as the sky gloomed the sunset color before he could see the cirrus clouds pass his sight, as the elevation of the shuttle increased steeply; high above the sky.
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1445
Total Posts:  1587
November 26, 2007 4:31:31 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sat on his bed, using his datapad. He clicked on the holomail applet. After a few moments of connecting, he was online.

“Damned spammers…” He muttered, shifting junkmail to the waste bin. He searched his emails and found only one of  importance – A message from Kal, who he had not heard from in months. He quickly opened it, and the message displayed on the screen:

Rann,

How’s it going? I’m sorry I haven’t been able to contact you until now – I can’t explain it unencrypted over the holonet, but I promise I’ll tell you all about it when I drop by Tadath in a couple of weeks.

My friends are doing well – We’ve been screwing around with the new republic’s outskirt mining companies quite a bit, and I think we’re starting to draw too much attention. We’ll likely move location to avoid an open conflict.

How’s the squad? Still quite intoxicated from all the liquor we “moved” a while back, I assume.  I hope you guys are doing well. Maybe I can fly pilot for you on another mission again soon.

By the way, I heard your Sergeant First Class now, congratulations! You’ve definitely come a long way since we joined. 

Anyways, I’ve got to head down to the hangar and get the ship going – We’ve got one last job scheduled before we move. Say hello to Dawn and the Squad for me,

- Kal

Darr-Rann sighed and closed the message. He was glad that Kal was doing well, but the message reminded him how much he missed the young pilot. Over the years, he had come to see him as his little brother, his only family.

He shook his head – Kal said he’d drop by Tadath in a couple of weeks, so he would see him then. Darr-Rann got up from his bed and walked over to the table, where most of the squad was still playing cards.

“Deal me in again.”
Raiders
SL/SFC_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IH][CDS][IG][BWC]
SERGEANT FIRST CLASS, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING, PHANTOM MEMBER
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:11:27 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 297  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >