Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Vince
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  10
Total Posts:  32
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 26, 2007 5:51:23 PM    View the profile of Vince 
Vince wasn't in a good mood. He had been awakened in the middle of the night by his datapad, only to be sent off planet to the VSD Dominion. And with his luck, they would be going to some far off distant hell hole. All the squads were gathering, and that was never good.

Vince had already met several of the troopers he had gone to basic with in the halls of the VSD. It had been a while since he had seen them and he had chatted with a few of them. Most of them, however, were busy preparing for the mission.

After recieving the wake up call, Alan had come in and ordered everyone up. Vince was a pretty heavy sleeper and didn't like getting woke up, so it was not until Alan came into the room that he actually rolled out of bed. After that, however, he was in full motion.

The message had said to leave his Corps armor, which meant they would be recieving specialized armor on the VSD. He quickly stuffed a duffel bag with spare clothes, his E-11, his DC-15, and a vibroknife. Anything else mission specific would be provided.

Vince had quickly headed up to the meeting place where the transport ship was waiting. The squad had arrived almost as one and had boarded shortly after. They had transfered to the VSD where they had been assigned quaters in the bowels of the large ship. Vince had gotten lost on the way to the mess hall, and had had to ask a tech for directions. It had been sort of embarassing.

Now Vince was wandering the halls with a cup of caf, waiting for his datapad to go off, signaling a breifing somewhere on the VSD. He walked on, looking for something to do to keep he awake and alert.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Vince/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  622
Total Posts:  903
November 26, 2007 6:32:22 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
There was a wooden thunk, and the knife stuck fast. Three others like it were already jammed fast into the wood, barely an inch of metal showing, but they were not quivering quite as badly as the most recent addition to the wooden beam. Arnaut walked over and, with a confident flick of his fingers, pulled out each blade in turn and flipped them, handle up, into his open hand. He was getting better. Slowly but surely.

There was  click behind him and he swung around in time to see Tnepres, startled, standing in the doorway. Arnaut looked at his outstretched arm and realized he was holding one of the daggers. If I had thrown it, it would’ve hit him right between the eyes, Arnaut noticed wryly, adding a small chuckle.

“Something…funny, sir?” Tnepres asked, still unsure about the blade pointed at him. Arnaut glanced down one more time at the blade, and then suddenly it was gone. Disappeared, right out of thin air. Returned to his sheathe hidden under his forearm, really, but Tnepres didn’t know that and Arnaut wasn’t about to spoil the trick. The look of Ten’s face was priceless.

“So…you came to see me? Down here?” Arnaut made a broad sweeping gesture at the present surroundings. They were deep under the barracks, in one of the few cellars not used for beer and alcohol storage in the Wraith barracks. The support beams were actually wooden Arnaut had realized on his first trip down. Perfect for blade practicing.

“Maybe you should try listening to your comlink a bit more…” Tnepres said, adding a belated ‘sir’ on the end. Arnaut realized he didn’t have his headset in his ear. Must’ve left it in his room.

“So enlighten me. What brings all the way down here?”

“We’re shipping out. Something big is going down. We need to be on the Dominion in about…well, now.” By the time Tnepres had finished, Arnaut was already shoving his way past him and dashing up the stairs.

The Wraiths were already assembling, and the barracks was a flurry of activity. Arnaut bee-lined straight for his room, hastily threw on fresh clothes, packed a few bags, and was off to the armory. His armor was the only set left. Cursing at his own stupidity for not bringing his comlink with him, he threw on his armor as fast as he could and ran out of the armory as well. It was then that he remembered that his comlink headset was still in his room. Cursing all the more fluently, he rushed back, retrieved it, and made it outside the barracks to his waiting squad.

“Well…yes. Let’s get moving, shall we?”

“We’ve been waiting to hear you say that for fifteen minutes,” someone laughed from the back. Arnaut spied Snipes lounging around the back of the squad. Arnaut gave him what he supposed was a furious face, but Snipes laughed all the harder.

“Don’t you have a bottle to be drinking?” Arnaut said stonily. That shut Snipes up. He glowered from the back now, while at the same time slowly slid a glass bottle out of view behind his back. The rest of the squad chuckled.

“Well, we’d best be moving out. As Tnepres informed me, we were supposed to be there over fifteen minutes ago.” Arnaut swung his pack over his shoulder and started heading toward the hangars, with the squad lagging behind him.

It wasn’t like them to call a mission so quickly, Arnaut thought to himself as he walked. And an Army-wide one, at that? Something was really wrong, and Arnaut needed to figure out what. Until then, he could only hope that Rizzit wouldn’t kill him too badly for being so late. He turned back to the squad, looking over his shoulder.

“Any slower and you’d be going backwards, people!” And with that, broke off in a jog toward the hangars.
Gunnery Sergeant Arnaut
SL/GSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [ES2] [EW2]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  2159
November 26, 2007 7:24:51 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
He was late, he was late he was late! He had to hurry to catch up with the rest of his squadmates as they marched through the halls. Hustling to catch up, he finally saw that this was the wrong squad.

"Aw, crap." Gates grumbled. He looked at his datapad, then read it again. He was in the wrong area.

He ran to get there in time, DC-15 clattering in its sling and pack slapping into his Snow Trooper armor. He finally managed to find the correct hanger and briskly walked in. He saluted in apology to their new SL, Leon, and Tanus. He walked over to his Mako and Orobos, and sat, awaiting the briefing.
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  731
Total Posts:  1091
November 26, 2007 7:44:12 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon couldn’t stop mumbling to himself, feeling slightly embarrassed at his lack of leadership. He hurried through the jam packed corridors, his hands stuffed deep into his pockets, and his head hung low. He didn’t feel like any leadership figure at all, and never pictured himself to be one anyways. What did Aphamos see in Leon? What was it that had earned Leon this position? What ever it was, Leon didn’t have a faint clue on what it could be, but the only thing he could do now was cope with it.

That was his only choice.

You could have at least made a better speech. Dirty magazines? C’mon Leon, who the hell brings dirty magazines up in a situation like that? Oh wait, you do.

His shoulders drooped impossibly low, feeling as if they would come off the joints that connected them. And what would he tell Darr-Rann? Raiders? What would they think of their friend just abandoning the squad like that? Would they hate him? Would they ever talk to him again? The list of questions and thoughts running through Leon’s head were endless, and it was beginning to drive the young trooper nuts.

Damnit Aphamos, why now? Why

Seconds later, he found himself in his quarters, his back rested against the wall, and his chest heaving up and down. “What’s wrong with me? I should be happy… Why aren’t I happy? C’mon, it’s no biggie, you’ve been through plenty of things worse then this before. Get over it.”

He took a second to catch his breath.

“Good, you’re over it. Now let’s get packing, no time to spare.”

Leon took his back off the wall, brought his chin up, and squared his shoulders. It wasn’t like him to have his head down, only the weak walked with their head down. He inhaled deeply, taking seven seconds to completely bring all the air in, and then exhaled, taking another seven seconds to let all the air out.

“There we go, you’re back to normal… Sort of.”

Leon quickly strode past the brightly lit kitchen, the familiar soft aroma of exotic fruits filling his nose up with pleasurable scents. He would miss that smell deeply. Hopefully he’d make it back alive and be able to smell it once again. Leon entered his small, but cozy bedroom, making his way over to the closet that rested on the opposite side. He entered the digits 4-4-4 – His lucky number only repeated three times – On the control panel that rested on the side of his closet door. (As you can tell he’s not too big on security.) With a hydraulic hiss, the door slid open, and a light automatically flickered on, revealing the contents that lay inside his “special” closet.

Inside, lay a black metal container that was about a meter and a half in length, and half a meter in width. A small screen with a round circle lit up, and the words: “Place your thumb here” flashed across the display screen. He did as he was told, and seconds later, a series of locks and latches could be heard clicking away, followed by a loud beep. He lifted the lid of the container up, letting it rest on the back hinges. Once opened, a series of mini flood lights illuminated the interior of the container.

The good old weapon stash.

The first, and one of his favorite weapons, was his Bi-polar Blaster BMC-150 Carbine. Better known as Betsy. Betsy wasn’t one of the best weapons around, but it was light, and could pack a punch. Leon wasn’t really into all those heavy set weapons, they cramped his style. He slipped that into his sleek black duffel bag, along with three magazines. Second came his favorite pistol, the Kylan. He had added a black trigger guard, that way he could do all the fancy spins he enjoyed doing in his spare time. He would have loved to bring his second Kylan, but he needed to pack light. He took two magazines, and gently slipped them into the duffel bag.

Leon had seen a lot of combat with that particular weapon, and pistols were also his best suit. He was deadly with them, and if it ever came down to a quick draw, he was damned sure he’d beat anyone.

“Now for the messy weapons.”

He slipped two sets of Fly High throwing knives into his bag, and pulled out two of his trusty Treppus-2 Vibroblades. Those two weapons had saved his life on many occasions, and he took them almost where ever he went. Who knew what he’d run into, and he had learned this from experience. As for the armor, Leon would pick that up onboard the ISD Dominion, seeing as he didn’t have his own.

All set, Leon slugged his duffel bag over his shoulder, scratched his beard, and walked out of his living quarters without taking a single look back. He was scared that if he did look, he wouldn’t want to leave.

Ten minutes later.

Leon found himself waiting onboard the ISD Dominion, tapping his foot rapidly on the reinforced Dura Steel floor, feeling slightly like an impatient mother waiting for her son to get out of school. As if just on cue, one of his new squad members showed up, towering over Leon.

“Sir, I’m Lance Corporal Orobos. Pleasure to serve with you.” The giant of a man saluted, but Leon just gave him a funny look. In reply, Leon stuck his hand out, waiting for Orobos to shake it.

“I’m your friend; I don’t want you saluting to me. Like I said before, no need for formalities.” Orobos grasped Leon’s hand firmly, and shook it. He had a strong grip, and that was something liked to see in all soldiers. It meant he was no coward.

So maybe things will go good after all…

Minutes later, the rest of the squad had reached the hangar bay. Introductions had been made, and from what Leon could see, the atmosphere within the squad was quite relaxed.

He wanted to keep it that way.

“So, as of now, I haven’t heard a single thing from High Command. They should be calling for us in another hour or so to give us the mission briefing, but from what I’ve heard, it’s gonna be big, it’s gonna be cold, and it’s sure as hell gonna get heated. So, I decided to take a little trip to the cantina, relax a little bit and enjoy a couple of drinks before we go out and begin the mission. What do you all say?”

Leon was answered with a couple of smiles and nods.

“Good, I expected no less from you guys. Let’s get going.” Replied Leon.

So looks like things won’t be so bad after all…
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  201
Total Posts:  1385
November 26, 2007 7:46:48 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Jelly asked Saph "So the new guy's a retard, huh?"

"Fraid so." She responded dryly.

A few more moments of dancing and the private felt eyes watching him. His jaw nearly hit the floor when he grasped the scene.

"I was, uh, just practicing." He said with false bravado. "Working on my stabs and my, uh... chops." He sat back down and tried to hide in his cubicle until they all left.

The Twi'lik only gave a slight smile on her lips. There was no doubt in her mind what Gimp was really thinking of.Just as long as he preforms well and dosen't get killed. What's one more idiot going to do in the squad? SHe thought to herself. Having the strange after thought that she didn't want to even think about it.

Saphira then moved on. Nodding to the others as they all got a move on to claim something of their own personal space around there.

"Yo Dax.. hurry up.." Saph called in a teasing mannor. The man blinked from what he was doing.  Suprised that Saphira had spoken up.

"Ease off.. Im getting there.. I don't see you wanting to puke out with the salts..." He shot back. Saph lowered her eyes to an evil glare. Dax just shrigged nad poped in his earplugs as Jelly told him if he was leaving to be back so soon. 

So much for last minute running around

She thought to herself as Jelly looked over at Saph with a smile. Man, this was going to be one long mission...

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Blackout
ComNet Initiate

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  199
November 26, 2007 8:07:55 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Dax sat down and popped his earphone back in. He had finished his ration pack and has started to read the messages which plagued his datapad, he was actually enjoying himself now, even though the stench was getting to him. The fact that Wicket had actually brought some air freshener's was a shock to everyone, but Wicket was a little odd at times.

“Alright who wants one?” Wicket said raising up the various types of scented items.

Blackout almost rose his hand before he stopped. A noise started to arouse, and sounded like the grinding of metal and gears. “Guys?”

They all looked up expecting to see the walls start to move in on them, but instead decided they were safe.

“Dax, stop worrying it's just the one beside us.”

“Great...” Blackout said, sighing under his breath as he went back to reading his datapad.

The last message was disturbing, but he decided not to worry about it until later. He had time to reply, but it wouldn't get to her until they got back to tadath.

“Alright, guys let's get ready, don't know when we'll be landing, but better safe than sorry.” Jelly said, still laying in his cot.

this sucks, didn't even get to get something good to eat. He looked down at his Pad noticing it had been about 15 minutes since take off. I think I can wait a bit.
TRP/CPL Blackout/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[BoH] [VUA-Eclipse]  [EW Ix2]

VE=My anti-Drug
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General

Post Number:  2297
Total Posts:  2943
November 26, 2007 10:22:30 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The confrence room in the ISD Dominion was packed full. It had been a long time since anyone in the army saw it that full. With seven squads attending, there was very little armspace in the room. Actually, there was some room remaining....Raiders Squad had yet to arrive.....so there was SOME room but it wouldn't last long. Darr-Rann had a habit of coming late. Rizzit was conversing with a few that had come to the front of the room to chat (Rizzit thought they were really there just to get some extra breathing room, but either way he was happy to delay the freezing cold by as long as he could). Finally Rizzit decided that there was no use waiting any longer for the Raiders...they'd just miss Rizzit's long rambling speach prior to the actual briefing. Rizzit finally stepped up to the center of the room where the controls to the visual screens were and began to address the room.

"Okay everyone let's get settled....I know its cramped in here so I'll try to make the briefing as brief as possible."

A brief chuckle emerged from a few of the newer members but most of the room was used to Rizzit's jokes and said nothing.

"Now...I do have good news for you before ---"

WAIT FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Looks like the Raiders are here....we were just starting Double-D so just take a seat and hurry."

Rizzit waited while there was a mass amount of pushing aside, grumbling, moving around, and every other kind of distraction.

"Now...as I was saying I do have some good news. It does seem that Ruu'Dolf Dere managed to get over his constant cold. When he visited me earlier he showed no symptoms of being sick or anything."

This news caused both gossip and laughter. The army new that when Dere entered the picture things were usually pretty serious, but at the same time they couldn't help but laugh at the irony that Dere stopped sniffling or whatever!

"Now...in all seriousness...we have a potentially large problem here. We've faced many enemies in the past.....pirates....rebels....mercenaries.....New Imperium.....and many others too numerous to count. Today....we face a new enemy. I can't even name a particular group that they're part of. We have no information on them as far as allegiance, race, policits, or any of that stuff. All I have for you is this log that our own Ruu'Dolf Dere managed to intercept." Rizzit said as he pressed a button on the console and the message he heard earlier began to play over the loudspeakers for the room to hear.
The earlier gossip changed to silence as they listened to the message.

“So…you say that you can cripple the empire without any help from the New Republic? And require no fee?”

“Let’s just say that I represent a group that has their own gripes with the empire. We’re headed to the planet Yuka to prepare. With all due respect, stay out of our way. We’ll take care of the imperials.”

Silence now filled the room. Rizzit was glad for this....not because he had them all scared, but the fact that they were all taking it seriously now. Everyone was waiting to see what the plan of action was going to be next.

"So you're probably wondering where Yuka is? It's actually on the other side of the galaxy which worries me. Why would they want to plan an attack on us from so far away? Either they're overly cocky or not too bright. At least that is what I'm hoping. You see..."

Rizzit called up a galaxy map on the holoprojector. All around the room planets were floating about as if they were really there. Everyone felt as if they were floating through space looking at the planets.  With another push of a button the planets all seemed to rush towards the Vast Empire's system of planets and dissappeared as they got there until all that was left to be seen was Tadath and its surroundings.

"....here is Tadath where we make our home. We're not that far off from there now...but that much you know. Yuka on the other hand...."

Rizzit pushed another button and the map returned, but not for long. The planets started zooming in the opposite direction towards the uncharted area of "Wild Space". Few planets could be seen but one planet was made out.....YUKA! It was easy to tell it was Yuka due to the icy blue glow on the surface.

"...is literally all the way on the opposite end of the galaxy. My only other thought is that they have a way of taking care of us from ALL THE WAY OVER THERE! I hope I'm wrong but either way this is going to be something that we need to check into."

The silence ceased. Questions were being asked of Rizzit from all corners of the room. "If everyone will remain calm, I think I can answer all of your questions in time!"

The room seemed to subside for a bit. Rizzit continued.

"Now...here's the plan. Yuka is an ice planet....similar to Hoth in most respects.....or so it seems. Not too many explorers venture out that far into space nor do they want to. We HAVE to for the sake of our existance. Some of you may have noticed that there are snowtrooper suits in the back of your shuttles...they were loaded before I contacted you and have already been loaded into your transports that you will be taking. We also have another surprise." Rizzit pushed another button and the image of Yuka faded. It was replaced with an image of a bobsled.

"Back when we took our trip to Alzoc III to take on Shansa and his crew Fury whipped these up for us. They fit six to a sled....and are armed with twin laser cannons. These things made travelling the world of Alzoc III a lot less perilous....and Fury's added a few new extra feature this time. The laser cannons now pack a lot more of a punch and there are two extra miniture ones that will come out from the sides that pack about 3/4 the damage that the main ones do. Drop ships will make sure that these thing land properly with us."

Rizzit paused to look out at the room. Everyone seemed uneasy about Rizzit's plan thus far but they also seemed to trust that he wouldn't steer them wrong. After gathering this much from their expressions, Rizzit continued.

"So with these things...you'll have a decent amount of room to carry your gear like viroblades, e-11s, ammo, grenades, and such. The BIG items that you normally carry around will remain here on the Dominion. When we get back if we get back (Rizzit thought to himself) we'll be meeting back up here anyways so you can grab your shuttles back to base."

Rizzit paused briefly again but only cause his voice was getting hoarse. When he regained his composure, he continued.

"Once we get on planet, we're hopefully going to remain undetected enough to do some scouting around. Not much is known about the planet, so we'll have to find out for ourselves. Once we get a feel for the planet we're going to have to track down this "group" and find out what's going on. Officer Dere will remain on the Dominion and try to get a fix on their location. In the meantime....we're going to be on our own. No....I do not know anything about the group but my thoughts are that this is a rather large group seeing as how they do not want the New Republic to 'get in their way'. My guess is they got their hands on something they shouldn't and the leader of this "organization" has a personal grudge against us. Either way, this is going to mean trouble. DO NOT underestimate this enemy. Just cause they're acting on their own does not mean that they can't beat us to a pulp. It's regretable that our own intellegiance is not reliable for this mission but I have every bit of confidence in all of you. Now....quarters should be prepared for us. It'll be a long journey to Yuka. I suggest we all rest up....it'll be a long trip and at the end of it: we get to freeze our asses off in that piece of thinsulated plastic we call snowtrooper armor. And yes, you heard me right I said we. I'm coming with you. Dismissed!"

Rizzit pushed a button to power down the console's projector system. The image of the bobsled faded and the lights came back on.
High Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  735
November 26, 2007 11:53:20 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon, with his new squad in tow, halted in front of the Cantina. He felt a slight vibration in his left pocket, signaling that he had just received a new message. A look of confusion could be seen written on his face, and he knew that it must have been something important. He clicked the "new message" button with his finger, and as soon as it opened, he knew they had to get out of there.

"Well so much for that relaxing drink. Look's like they're calling for us earlier then expected, let's get going to the briefing room," Leon ordered, feeling slightly strange as he did so.

A couple of wrong turns later, they found themselves inside an enormous briefing room. Hmmm... This seems slightly familiar... Have I been here before? Leon brushed the thought away, now wasn't the time to be thinking about such things. He needed to focus on the up coming mission. He wanted to know every possible detail, even if it really didn't pertain to what they were doing. To Leon, everything mattered, and if he was to become a good Squad Leader, then he needed to be well informed. He wanted every advantage he could get.

As more trooper's filed in, Leon could feel the nervous energy intensify. From the looks of his new squad mates, they hadn't seen much action, and still had plenty of green to get rid of. He watched with curiosity as they talked, wondering what the up coming mission would be like, and what it would consist of. They were a very energetic bunch, which could be a plus in certain situations. But the lack of experience in the squad somewhat frightened Leon, and that was something that could only be gained through time.

Don't worry, all you gotta do is keep 'em alive. Do that and you can call yourself a good Squad Leader... Just like Darr-Rann

"Darr-Rann!" Leon nearly jumped out of his chair, realizing he hadn't even told his former SL what had happened. Leon stood up, scanning the crowd for any Raider he could find, trying to pull one of the familiar faces out from the crowd. Unfortunately he found no such thing, and slumped down in his chair when he saw Rizzit, the Wild Card Platoon Commander, step up to the podium in the middle of the room.

There's no way we'd leave Raiders behind, is there? What ever, don't worry about it. Pay attention to the briefing damnit.

Seconds after Rizzit had begun his speech, a very familiar voice sounded out from the back of the room. "WAIT FOR US!!!!!" Shouted a very stressed looking Rogueboy. He was shortly followed by Darr-Rann, Namyr, and Dante, the newest addition to the squad. Patch, Rogueboy's personal droid, could be heard whistling angry at the back of the bunch, causing Leon to chuckle. He tried to catch their attention by waving his hand, but miserably failed and resumed his slouched posistion on the chair.

Half-An-Hour later....

"Tanus, take care of the squad for me, I need to have a word with my former Squad Leader."

"I got you covered," replied Tanus casually.

Leon liked Tanus a lot from what he had seen during the short time they had spent together. He was a good guy, and seemed to be a pretty decent ASL. Turning away from Dark Dragoon's, Leon jostled through the massive crowd of troopers, receiving angry glares and sharp shoves from behind. He ignored them and simply pressed onwards.

"Darr-Rann!! It's me Leon, over here!"

Darr-Rann turned around, looking for the source of the sound, smiling when he laid his eyes on Leon. "Leon, where have you been? We were worried sick!"

"Yeah about that Darr... Well, I know this is going to be very random, and I know that none of us saw this coming, but I've been appointed Squad Leader for the Dark Dragoons."

Darr-Rann's face remained blank, not giving Leon so much as a hint to how he felt. "Heh, I knew this day would come. You've been in the corps for a while Leon, you think you'd stay a trooper for ever? I'll admit it, I'm gonna miss you, but I also have to say I'm happy for you. You've earned it, and I believe you'll take good care of your squad. It's just strange for it to happen on such short notice."

"Yeah, tell me about it. I dunno Darr, I never really saw this coming. It's a shocker, but I'm trying to cope with it. Anywas, I have a little proposal so we can talk about all this later. I have to get my squad to their quarters, but I promised them I'd take them to the Cantina, you know, get a little squad bondage, heh. Would you like to meet up with us there? In about an hour or so?"

"Sounds good, but first I need to see what's going on with my side of the plate. I'll give you an update when I'm done getting some things sorted out."

"Alright perfect. Thanks Darr, try and go please it'd mean the world to me. I'm really gonna miss you guys."

"Yeah, me to. Now get going, you don't wanna mess up on the first day do you? I'll break the news to the squad myself, cya later."

"Cya Darr."

Leon gave his friend a nod and quickly made his way back to the squad.

"So, I say we make a bee-line for our temporary quarters?" Tanus said, reading Leon's mind.

"Yup, you've got it. Let's go get comfy, and then we can go to the Cantina and get that good 'ol squad bondage."
|DARK DRAGOONS|
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1123
Total Posts:  2382
November 27, 2007 1:25:06 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
lalala Riq’s mind wandered slightly during the beginning of the briefing but at the laughter around him, his mind quickly focused to the commander at the front making gestures towards the holographic planets floating around.  Riq twitched his nose slightly, some members of his squad smelled like they had been drowned in perfume, Wicket in peculiar.  Some of the other squads about them also noticed the heavy scent and were trying to avoid it somehow, covering noses discretely or waving pieces of flimsi in front of their faces.

The sleighs looked interesting enough... not exactly something Riq wanted to go down a hill at high speeds at, but certainly looked quite effective if used correctly.  Riq grimaced, correctly might be an issue, he adverted his eyes from a few squad mates in question and back to the brieifing.

...  ...  ...

Riq was back in the masher with the rest of Eclipse, making sure they were settled in and all that, Riq smiled weakly when he realized that the grinding of the other mashers would make sleeping a wee bit difficult.  “Anyways, not that you folks are settled, guess I’ll grab my stuff and head on up.  You got my comm channel if anything serious comes up, else we should be set.”

Riq didn’t mention that the metal all around them might distort the comm signal, but it wasn’t like he needed to babysit the every single second of the ride over, and a few meditative moments would be a nice break from the currently chattering mouth of a Sullustan who was fumbling around with some equipment of his.  Getting his weapons aligned on the crate that passed as a dresser.  “The safely for this pistol is broken... guess I’ll have to be careful..”

“Ya, you do that Wick,” Doc agreed as he headed out, the door shutting behind him as he finished the sentence, “The walls don’t work too well with blaster fire...” he sighed as he heard them dive for cover and throwing curses at Wicket.  Some things just never change...
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
Alater Osted
ComNet Member

Alater Osted

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  327
Total Posts:  614
November 27, 2007 2:21:20 AM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
Alater coughed to himself when he heard that the planet was one made strictly of ice. His wounds from the previous mission had still not healed very well, a bacta patch or two from Doc covered the majority of the damage. Vibroblade scars seemed to be dominating his scaley body now adays, from that unfortunate incident back on Barab-I to the more recent failure of a mission.

The feel of his skin as he wrapped his massive clawed hands around Rike's head was just so vivid. The table, hard steel supported by four military grade legs. The blood from Rike's wound had seeped in a sort of waterfall down both sides of the table, forming pools of blood. His organs, hold in only by some half second patching by Doc in his bit of insanity were barely held inside. The snap has his neck broke both ways was the most vivid sound he could ever recall, the feel as the body went limp in his hands.

The had been the worst mission by far, losing one of their own. He hadn't even been Alater's responsibility or his man but he had been an Eclipse. A Death Squad member, and as their main gun toter and combat specialist it had atleast been partially his fault that Rike had been in such a situation. He should have been there, should have jumped on that grenade himself. So many things he blamed himself for, none of it really anything anyone could have done. Alater shook his head to disipate the thoughts from his head and turned back to the matter at hand.

Infront of him Alater had the specs for a specialized suit of snowtrooper armor. His cold blood had not been thought into the process of distrubuting armor to the other troopers, even his size got caught in but unless they wanted him hugging a reactor coil for warmth he was going to need this suit. It had helped that during his training he had tried to develop a suit with similar purposes as this, if the function had indeed changed. With these specs somebody should be able to whip up a suit for him. Alater knocked on Doc's door, the only guy he knew would  be quick enough on his feet to get this fixed before deployment.
TRP/SGT Alater Osted/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC]
Sagenhaft Deutscher
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1125
November 27, 2007 3:33:13 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riq tossed his duffel on his bunk and gazed about the bare durasteel walls.  “Not much different, just a significantly lower ceiling,” he mused out loud, going about and unpacking, “And a larger bed...”

A knock on the door came as Riq happily discovered he had his own head, unlike the Masher, which had a makeshift one set up near the back.  “Come in,” he shuffled a few things aside on the sheets and pulled out a couple datapads that he pulled out of his office before leaving.  “Ah, Alater, how can I help you?”

“Planet is sharp contrast to my homeworld, Brother,” the Barabel spoke with his slightly hissing accent of Basic, “Cold rather than the heat of my sun.  My blood cannot bear much activity at such temperatures.”

Riq’s sighed, the quartermasters really never bothered to take such things as cold-bloodedness into consideration when they assigned equipment, or anything for that matter.  “Need me to see what modifications I can give it?” Riq looked at the huge suit in the claws of Alater who nodded.  “Well, I dunno what I can do, I mean, I can give you a couple stims that will get your  blood flowing for a while.  If you need your suit modded, best bet would be one of the techs somewhere on the ship.  The quartermaster Sergeant Fre'nel is my recommendation, just tell him Riqimo sent ya.  Have some... personal contacts with him, he’s generally stationed on the ISD Dominion.”

“Ah right Brother,” Alater nodded, “I shall seek your friend.”  Riq detected a hint of emotion hidden away in the hiss.

“What is it Alater? Something’s on your mind.” Riq pushed himself up off the bed and looked up straight to the trooper’s slightly pensive eyes.  “It’s Rike... isn’t it?”

A flicker in the eyes gave affirmination, “I know Alater, it is hard to lose one of your own.” Riqimo closed his eyes a moment, “It wasn’t your fault.”  As he said that, Riqimo wasn’t sure who it was directed to, Alater, or maybe himself... Not now... focus...

“Troopers die Alater, we can’t do anything but make sure those deaths were not in vain.”  Riq swallowed back his emotions when he realized he was repeating what was told to him, “They gave their lives so that we can move on, do what we have to do.  We can’t always save them, but we can make sure we save the reason for the sacrifice, keep pushing on.”

“Wise words, Brother,” Alater nodded, visibly in a better emotional state, some regret still lingering though.  “You are right.”  The stood for a moment, neither saying anything until Alater turned, “I shall see Sergeant Fre'nel then.”

As the large frame of his ebony scales disappeared behind the door, a lone tear glistened down Riqimo’s cheek.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Wicket
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  308
Total Posts:  378
November 27, 2007 10:01:16 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
Shots rang out from Wicket's blaster. Everyone jumped for cover and screamed. "My bad!" Wicket shouted as he heard people curse at him. Well guess this is broken. Wicket thought as he threw the gun behind him. Shots rang out again as the blaster hit the floor.

"Dammit Wicket!" The whole room yelled in unison.

Wicket shrugged and continued to looks through all of his belongings. "Crap. I forgot my damn armor. Do you think I have time to go back and get it?" Wicket asked.

Dax sighed. "Wicket...they are supplying the armor apparently. No need to bring your own. And besides, even if you did have to rush back and get it, the meeting is over. Didn't you pay attention?"

"Well duh I payed attention." Wicket said, failing to hide his lie.

"Riiiight." Jely said.

Wicket tried to remember if he heard anything during the briefing. Food, holiday season, when is the next movie coming out, What am I gunna do after this. Eww that person is picking his nose. A bunch of thoughts rushed through Wicket's mind, but none that reminded him of the meeting.

He began to mingle with the other squads when he noticed some Snow Armor on the walls. "Woo! A cold place!" Wicket shouted with excitement. He was always happy whenever he got to go to a cold planet, seeing as he grew up near a volcano. The Eclipse barracks! Wicket thought. I need to finish those. Guess It'll have to wait.

He walked down to where his quarter was. He noticed a few rooms and walked into a random room. "Anyone in here?" Wicket said peering around the room. "Guess not. It's mine!" Wicket through his stuff onto the ground and began to take things out as if it were his house. Picture were being placed all over. Wicket took a big whiff of air as he took out his air fresheners. He let out a big breath. "Ahh, so fresh. Now what to do? I'm not tired yet." Wicket walked out and began looking for the other Eclipse members to see if they wanted to play some cards. Who would want to play? I know Riqi won't. Alater scares me, so not him. Blackout might. Let's see if I can find him. Jelly is probably with Saph. Hmmm. Xenos, Gimp?
^CombatEngineer^

TRP/GSGT Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [RoM] [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [VUA-Eclipse] [IH]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  144
November 27, 2007 10:36:59 AM    View the profile of Gimp 
So they really do have Stormtroopers in a old trash can. Nice

Shows what they think of us.

Damn that. Let's go.

Gimp wasn't too far behind Riqimo in deserting the "living quarters", but not close enough behind to miss out on Wicket's assault on Eclipse. He set of in search of a bar, hoping only for drunken debauchery. If he was lucky they would have a couch he could pass out on. Even better would be if there were pretty, drunk women on those couches. Were he a really lucky bastard he would stumble upon a beautiful woman who lived on this ship, and had sinus problems so she wouldn't notice him smelling like the ghost of garbage past. But he knew he wasn't that lucky a bastard.

Eventually he came across on and belly'd up. He looked at the mix master droid as it ignored him like a living bartender.

Probably only talks to Navy folk.

"Hey bar-bot!" Gimp was getting frustrated. "Gimme a Jedi Mind Trick and a Slippery Lekku."

One for me.

And one for me.

He looked around for a minute before his drinks got to him and he immediately downed the slippery lekku. "Keep 'em comin' bar-bot. I wanna get so drunk I can't smell." He went back to observing the scene around him. It was a rather large room, not very bright, with a panoramic view of the galaxy around them. He recognized some Army types but felt too dirty to be introducing himself around. After a while he figured the whole regiment might show up here. Until then, he wasn't gonna talk to the Navy droid, or get any play from the ladies. A sorry existence indeed.

Oh well. Soon enough there will be plenty of violent deaths.

Sweet violent deaths.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  639
Total Posts:  1795
November 27, 2007 10:57:47 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Now where the hell is my squad thought Alan as he roamed the corridors of the large ship.  He worried that he might get lost onboard the Dominion and his fears were now being realised.  He spotted several troopers ahead, hurrying towards a room so decided to follow them.  Entering the room he found a lot of troopers had gathered, including members from his own squad.  He moved through the throng of people and sat down next to his squad.

“Glad you could make it Sir” commented Ken.

“Glad I made it too before the briefing started” replied Alan as he noted that Rizzit was about to start and there didn’t seem to be any sign from the Raiders squad.  Before Rizzit began, the Raiders burst in and filled what little space there was.

"Okay everyone let's get settled....I know it’s cramped in here so I'll try to make the briefing as brief as possible." said Rizzit as his opening line.

Alan groaned inwardly, he had hoped that Rizzit’s jokes had improved over time.  However it seemed that they had not.  Alan listened intently to the full briefing and was shocked by the news that Rizzit had to say.  True, the Vast Empire had met its fair share of enemies but none that could strike at them from so far away and with so much confidence that they could do it so easily.

The news that Yuka was an ice planet and that they would be donned in snowtrooper armour came as no surprise to Alan.  What did surprise him was the bobsled.  He looked at its design and was impressed.  He was looking forward to giving that a test.

Soon the meeting came to a close and the squads filed out of the briefing room.  Alan was curious as to who and what they would find down there.  He was sure of one thing, it was going to be very interesting indeed.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  203
November 27, 2007 2:31:24 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saph kept to herself, or as much as she could given the circumstances. Her eyes flashed  along the confines of the room they were in . Now that the breifing was over things were hopefully going to heat up.

Heh.. well I guess freeze over..

She thought to herself with amusement. Hopefully they wouldn't freeze too bad with the armor they were being supplied. Saph then thought about Alater. The lizard was naturally cold blooded and she bet the ice planet was not his list for a vaction spot. Just as she was about to actually go and walk around did  Wicket's weapon went off.

"Dammit Wicket!" The whole room shouted amidst Wicket's reply of "My bad!".  People dodged out of the way. The whole thing over in a blink of an eye.

"Wicket.. do you need a babysitter for wepons this time" Saph growled out. Her eyes hitting the Sulleston like hot durasteel. She had not let him forget about his past experience.

"Uh.. no.. Sorry Saph.. It was an accident... I. .uh.. yea...." He managed. Wicket shrugged and then continued to look through all of his belongings. "Crap. I forgot my damn armor. Do you think I have time to go back and get it? Saph was about to say something When Dax spoke up..

"Wicket...they are supplying the armor apparently. No need to bring your own. And besides, even if you did have to rush back and get it, the meeting is over. Didn't you pay attention?"

"Well duh I payed attention." Wicket said, failing to hide his lie.

"Riiiight." Jely said.

Saph snickered as the exchange went threw. Standing she walked over to where Jelly was.

"Like anyone but the SL's pay attention.. Long as I know where we're going and who the enemy is I don't really care..."  She replied.

"That's because your all about the kill.." Wicket replied. Jelly just looked at her for a moment.

"Well I paid attention.. mabey you should try it sometime Saph.. "  He smiled, taking a step back from her. Saph snarled and lunged at him, making Jelly press his back up against the wall.

"I never said I didn't.. you assume to much.. Yes I do like the kill.. but that's my business..." She snarled and then walked off leaving the others snickering.

"Hey.. you let Saph and Gimp leave and you tell me to be back in five minutes?" Dax's voice whined. Jelly looked over at him.

"I didn;t..Go ahead and try to stop Saph from walking off..." He replied. Dax opened his eyes wide.

"Uh.. no.. I'd rather die  in battle and not by her hands.." He replied.

"Best let her cool off then... Let Doc deal with Saph..." Wicket replied as Saph grew out of earshot.

Let him try.. She thought before she rounded the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saph moved, cooling off her anger was the best thing she needed at the moment. Her stored energy would be needed later for the real mission and not dealing with stupid shit  while they were in rout. Eventually she came across the bar.  While it wouldn't have the best of drinks it would be something for the moment. Stepping inside there was some music playing. Not to her tastes, but it was better then silence.

Grinding her teeth she turned and saw Gimp. Before she could turn and round about out of there he caught sight of her. Sighing she walked over. Saph wasn't going to let him bother her. As she came closer she could tell what he was thinking on his face.

buy me a drink and flash me some! Was clearly written over his face. the impuse to pop him a fist in the face was impulsive. Yet she forced her hands to stay at her sides. How he had that arerse effect was beyond her.

"Hey'a beautifull.. care to join me for  a few?" He asked.

"Not inparticular..." She growled.

Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  535
November 27, 2007 3:12:09 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
They walked out of the briefing room and into the Corridors which were packed full of people trying to get to their positions and going about their jobs. They waded out into the corridor and started moving down it, slowly but still moving.

The Dominion was packed to the brim with maintenance staff, pilots and the troopers. Each trying to get to different parts of the massive ship filling up all of the slim corridors. Some of them were even seemed to be using the Mantenance shafts, those who knew were they where anyway. Small groups of people around two or three emerging from slots in the wall which they wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

After at least half an hour of jostling people who all seemed to be moving in the opposite direction to them they made it to their quarters. They were as to be expected. The room was small dirty and the faint smell of oil hung in the air and left a metallic after-taste in your mouth.

After they had packed their stuff away in the small lockers which were provided for them in the room and much arguing over who got which bunk they finally moved out towards the cantina.

After another while of moving through the cramped corridors they reached the door marked 'Cantina' and entered. It was larger then most of the rooms with the lights turned down low and soft music in the backround to create a relaxing atmosphere.

They sat up at the bar and ordered their drinks. Orobos looked around the cantina. There were a few other squads there and a good few of the staff and pilots, all talking and drinking happily.

A minute later the cantina door opened again and the bright lights from the halls flooded into the dimly lit room illuminating the place before the door closed again and they were thrown back into the twilight state.

The trooper who had entered waved at Leon, walked over and sat with us. They didn't start talking until the drinks arrived.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  204
November 27, 2007 3:26:17 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Gimp grinned wider. He knew Spah was going to join him. After all they were the only ones from Eclipse at the moment here other then a few others who had  came in a few moments after Saph. Sure enough the Twi'lik walked over. He eyed her a bit more, the swing of her hips from side to side.

Man I wanna...

Don't even think about it..

Your right.. I'll get her drunk first..

"So Wicket get a beating?" He asked as she took a seat next to him. Her siver eyes glintering with amusement for a moment.

"Not yet.. but I don't plan on spending alot of time down there to begin with." She stated, placing her hands on the table.

"Really? That mean you'll be spending it with me?" Gimp replied with a smugness. Saph set her jaw in an annoyance.

"Not in what your wanting.." Saph growled back with venom. Gimp only smiled more as his drinks arrived. The female eyed him. Before she could reply in question he beat her to it.

"I figured you'd be down here.. so here.." He slid one of the drinks to her. Though the look on her face plainly said uh-huh.. Sure you did.

Her hands caught the drink as she watched him take a large swallow of his. Saph knew better then to get drunk. Specially around him.

"You really shouldn't be drinking like this before the mission. No one needs to be responsible to find your dumb ass if you get lost on that rock.. or worse.." She stated, not looking at her drink.

"By the time we get there it'll be outta my system.. but I would rather be doing something else.." He replied, smacking his lips  from his drink.  Gimp leaned over to her. Giving her that smile that  made a shiver run down her spin. The one she did and didn't like...

Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1130
November 27, 2007 3:54:13 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo was getting a workout by jogging through the corridors randomly in sweats, trying to turn down the less crowded halls so he wouldn’t have to come to sudden stops at about every ten meters or so.  Eventually though, it wouldn’t be so good as he found out when he was staring at a dead end and of an isolated area.  Back tracking a bit, he tried to recall which of the three other branches he had come down, but his mindless jogging had just bit him in the ass, lost somewhere in what was basically a small city.  It was like a back alleyway a night, only lacking the graffiti and trash strewn about to fit the image perfectly.

Deciding left would be the best bet, Riqimo pulled the towel  from his waist line and wiped some sweat off his face.  Planetside you could always try and find some landmark on the skyline, in the depths of a metal fortress however there was no reference beside the mental map that one could conjure.  Unfortunately, Riq rarely ventured into Star Destroyers, let alone the few isolated areas of the capitol ships.  After about thirty minutes or so of decent walking and some more jogging, he finally came across a red stenciled marking on the wall stating “Primary Fusion Chambers” and an arrow that probably led to the stated location.  Riq raised his eyebrows and turned the opposite way that the arrow was pointing, not like he needed to bother with such technical aspects of the ship.  Probably was best that he didn’t even see who managed that stuff, odds are they were incompetent somehow; and the last thing Riq needed was nightmares that some half-wit tech was going to blow off half the ship due to an oversight in the fusion processes.

“Main Decks” and a bold blue arrow highlighted in white greeted him after a couple (more like 30) turns and a few other areas that he avoided.  Heaving a heavy, thankful sigh, Riqimo turned left and didn’t bother to look back at the maze behind him.  Scanning his military clearance chip over the pad, Riqimo’s eyes narrowed at the stupidity of the statement:

”Access Denied: Must be of at least level 2 clearance, or have E class to enter engine and reactor areas.”

“I am in the blasted %#^ing *@#! engine area!” Riq took his frustration on the display screen which flickered a moment but was otherwise oblivious to the cursing directed towards it.

“You know what...” Riqimo sighed, ”I’m gonna just call up somebody on the comm...” he pulled it off his belt and half heartedly opened up the channel to the droid assigned to the squad.  “Z0-MG?”

{RQY!}

“Yes... It’s Riqqy... Can you see if you can open up...” Riqimo looked at the number above the door frame, “Door E231?  I kinda got stuck behind it and I need the clearance that I supposedly need to get in to get out for some reason.”

{LOLZER}

“Yeah, yeah, just open the damn door somehow for me.” Riq sighed, he was hoping that a droid would be less embarrassing than an actual human being.  He chose the wrong droid apparently.  A click and then the hiss of the doors opening was a welcome sound of freedom for the squad leader.  “Much thanks Z0-MG.”

{YW}

Riq figured the droid wasn’t that bad when he flicked off the comm, but it was still kinda annoying as heck.  Pulling his sweats up his waist a little more, Riqimo stuffed his C3-POD back into his ears and continued his jog back to his room.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  144
November 27, 2007 3:58:47 PM    View the profile of Gimp 
"You really shouldn't be drinking like this before the mission. No one needs to be responsible to find your dumb ass if you get lost on that rock.. or worse.."

She'll probably be an ass no matter how much you drink. It doesn't matter if you be nice to her.

You think we should act drunk and get her to go be mean to someone else?

Nah, we might get in trouble. She might be able to hear us now, maybe she'll leave on her own.

Or feel bad and be nicer. Hahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahha!

"Hahahahaha!" Gimp laughed uproariously.

"What's so funny?" Saphira asked with a glare.

"You didn't hear that joke?" She made a face that would melt ice."Well it was really funny, sorry you missed it. Hey you, mixmaster! Keep 'em comin' baby. I'm not gonna get drunk off of my sex appeal."

The place was starting to fill with troopers and crewmen, a nice buzz filling Gimp's mind. He didn't really like to drink because it often made him angry and aggressive. He would much rather sit back and smoke his spice, which made him feel happy and affectionate, but he had heard the Imperial Army didn't allow that. Oh well, he thought,I'll be home soon enough.

Another round of drinks came and he finished the one he had been working on. He started to slide one to Saphira but she was fine with her first.These are six and seven for me. He looked at the ice in the glass and let his mind wander. He wondered for a long time how he would handle battle. Sure, he had killed many men and women he felt to be his enemies, but they rarely had the opportunity to scream much less shoot at him. The buzz was gone now and would not likely come back. His mind focused solely on the upcoming battle. Suddenly the room and everybody in it seemed a distraction so he quickly downed his last two drinks. He paid for his drinks and left the bar wordlessly, looking for a quiet spot with a window to do some reflecting.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  312
Total Posts:  462
November 27, 2007 4:54:44 PM    View the profile of Urakai 

“So they’re in the Cantina? Thanks.” Urakai responded to the officer.

Pushing his dual vibro blades into his pack and zipping it up, he moved down the hall as a few troopers would pass him from different squads here or there. His squad was practically lounging around in the Cantina, waiting for a boarding call. Smell of alcohol filled the air, but had no lure affect on Urakai.

“Hey guys, look who’s back.” He called, taking a seat next to Orobos.

“Hey,” Orobos said, gulping down his mouthful of his dink, “when’d you get here?”

Urakai smirked, for some reason; it was always funny to him how a Whiphid drank, “Just then, an officer was kind enough to drop me off. Lucky call.”

“Yeah, if you call scouting out a Hoth mini-me a lucky call.” Garryll laughed, walking up to the two.

“Sup Garryll.” Urakai nodded, shifting his pack off the seat next to him so he could sit down.

“You missed a lot in the briefing, Urak.” Garryll said, taking a sip of his drink.

“Nope, Mako recorded it for me and sent it on the datapad.”

Urakai was about to order a drink when an unfamiliar voice said, “Well that’s good news.”

Turning around, Urakai saw Leon in Squad Leader uniform. Quickly standing up, he saluted him in respectable fashion.

A short laugh from Orobos was followed by, “It’s alright, Urakai. He’s not like that.”

Leon smirked as he returned a quick salute, “So, I assume you know what we’re up against. I just hope we can all get through this together.”

“Don’t worry sir,” Urakai began, “I’m sure you’ll do fine. Just a thing or two to remember about Orobos is that he likes long walks twice a week and he only likes can Whiphid food.” He laughed as Orobos pushed him over in a joking matter.

After the joke was old, Garryll unzipped Urakai’s bag, asking, “What’d you bring?”

“Just the usual, DC-15, E-11, vibros and my modified Electro-Staff.” Urakai stated in a proud manner.

“Looks fuller than that.” Garryll said.

“Yeah well, it is usual for Medics to carry medical supplies.” Urakai laughed.

From this, another conversation started which was more like an argument between Orobos and Urakai.
Corporal Urakai

|DARK DRAGOONS|
CPL Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious!
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited November 27, 2007 6:39:26 PM)]
Blackout
ComNet Initiate

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  153
Total Posts:  199
November 27, 2007 7:45:38 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Name's blackout, right now I am sitting listening to my music and reading messages on my datapad. Not that fun. The stench in here is really getting to me, even with the air fresheners that Wicket brought, it's not helping.

Gimp and Saph are gone and Jelly's laying down doing... nothing, at least not at the moment. Everyone else is just lounging.

I want some action, something to do, but at the moment listening to music is probably the only thing I am able to do, even going to the bar sounds nice, but unless I sneak out. Not a bad Idea actually, after all 'Echani' isn't just a title.

“Wicket, need anything?” Blackout yelled over the quiet. Which wasn't as hard as it seemed to yell over. After all the sounds next to them, it was starting to get annoying.

“Don't even think about it.” Jelly said, rolling over to face them both.

“Listen man, I need to get out of here.” Dax countered.

“You know, you could have gone a long time ago, I wasn't going to stop you...” Jelly said grinning widly

Dax just gave him a glare and got up to go. Jelly wasn't a bad guy in any means of the word, just sometimes a little tricky.

Yea, never said I was that smart, I am after all pretty much blonde, guess that doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's been boring in Eclipse for a while, no action, just lounging. Which isn't a bad thing at times. Just sometime almost so boring it can send you insane. Ah, well maybe this mission will get me back on my toes... I need something to wake me up.
TRP/CPL Blackout/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[BoH] [VUA-Eclipse]  [EW Ix2]

VE=My anti-Drug

[Img] http://rizzit.stormtroopercorps.com/rewards/Eclipse/Blackout.jpg[/img]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Novice

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  77
Total Posts:  2159
November 27, 2007 7:47:24 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates took another sip of his drink.

"So you're packing a DC-15? I'm not the only one who believes in the reliability of these relics!"

Urakai smirked. "Course."

"And what's this?" Gates asked, pulling out the Electro-staff. "Whoo! Nice!"

Mako walked up, also with a drink in his grasp. "Mind you don't poke yourself in the eye. Hate for you to miss the mission to the coldest hell this side of Hoth."

Garryll finished his drink, and ordered another for himself. "Seems like all our time is either spent blasting bad guys or drinking," he mused.

Silence was among the squad for a minute.

"I didn't know you liked getting shot at so much." Mako broke the silence. The squad chuckled.

Several more drinks were downed and re-filled.

"Huh," Gates said, breaking into another short silence. "At least this time we've got some backup, vehicles, the Navy, and High Command. Not like last time, when everything went straight from peachy to downright hell in seconds."

His mates nodded in agreement.

"And we get to wear that flashy snowtrooper armor!" Mako finished.

"Yeah, that'll remind you of the glory days of the Empire," injected Leon. "Empire kicked down doors, blew up Rebel scum, and generally made a legacy of kick-ass war."
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  163
Total Posts:  744
November 27, 2007 7:49:22 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus took one step into the cantina and was bombarded by sounds of all kinds: music from the jukebox sounds of laughter and talking. For a mission that was very much dire for the Vast Empire, it seemed a little too relaxed. However, Tanus supposed it was necessary to have a cool down period before a big mission to get relaxed and limber. Tanus looked from the bar to the tables that were becoming crowded by the second. He then felt a hand on his back; it was Leon’s.

“Hey, we’re gonna grab a table. You planning on joining us?” he asked with a smirk.

“No, I’ll pass. I just to get centered, and I have a feeling that the bar might be a good place to start.”

Leon nodded and motioned the Dragoons to a nearby table, which was set right next to the Raiders table. Tanus smiled as Orobos attempted to fit himself into a chair. He knew that Leon would do a great job as Squad Leader: he had worked with him once before when Tanus was starting off in Nightstalkers. As he walked up to the bar, the barman turned and asked Tanus what he wanted.

“Tarisian ale on the rocks”

Tanus waited a few minutes as the barmen went to go get his drink. When he got his drink, Tanus merely stared at it for a while. The golden-brown liquid splashed against the walls of the glass; Tanus ‘ mind started to drift off elsewhere. He started to think of the universe as a whole, and how it mimicked the drink in his glass. It constantly went back and forth, and it was never actually still. The ice kept it from sitting in any one place. It was in constant motion, chaotic...

Tanus finally came out of his reverie when he realized some technicians were staring him at. They started to laugh; Tanus merely grimaced and started to sip his drink. The ale went down nice and smooth with a slight burn at the end that warmed Tanus to the core. Since he’d been out on so many missions, he’d forgotten what it was to relax with good ale and good friends. He had one; Tanus figured he should get the other as well. He turned to see the Dragoons laughing. Tanus walked over and grabbed a chair from a nearby table and sat down. Leon looked at him.

“So, the prodigal ASL finally joins his crew.”

The dragoons laughed, as did Tanus; it felt good to laugh again. Ever since he had gone on the last ARC mission, it seemed like part of him had been left there on that planet, left to die a cold, merciless death. At least now he knew that it still wasn’t completely gone. Leon took swig of his drink and then started to talk.

“We’ve just been going around the table, introducing ourselves. This is all for my benefit; I figured I may as well get to know the squad.”

As they went around the table, Tanus was once again meeting his squad for the first time. It even felt like his first mission again. And finally Leon came to Tanus. He put down his ale and started to talk.

“Well, I’m your resident martial artist. Talk to me if you need someone snapped in half. Other than that, I’ve been with this squad for a while now, and we’ve seen a lot. I won’t let you down, Leon.”

Leon nodded and went back to drinking. After a while it had started to die down a little. The Dragoons were telling stories of their past adventures, or just making them up as they went along. But soon there were no more stories to tell. At that moment, Tanus brought out a deck of cards and started to shuffle, then dealt them out among the squad. He then laid the deck in the middle of the table, and the Sabaac game had begun. Leon merely smiled.

“Man, I knew I’d like you guys.”
SGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

|DARK DRAGOONS|

-Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully. This is especially true of treachery.
-Never betray a confidence. Unless it's Tuesday. Or a month with a vowel in it.
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  988
Total Posts:  1305
November 27, 2007 8:12:33 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The briefing was done, but the trip, it seemed, had just began.

"I guess that gives us more than enough time to get acquainted with..." A young woman in a naval uniform strolled her firm assets by the briefing room of the ISD Dominion and caught Giovanni's gaze for a short moment. He was a sucker for a lady in uniform.

"Acquainted with...?" Baretz left the question in the air. Giovanni was in his own world and had forgotten he had even said anything.

"Huh? Oh! The, uh, platoon. Yeah. The Platoon." Giovanni got up and straightened himself out.

"I'll be seeing you guys around." Giovanni turned on his heel and made his way towards the exit.

"Hey, where are you going?" Luckystar questioned her Squad Leader with a cocked eyebrow.

"To the only place on this ship fit for a squad-leader-slash-platoon-adjutant... the bar."

He saluted his troopers goodbye and walked briskly out of the briefing room. With a little luck, he might be able to catch the sultry young pilot and invite her to a drink.

Or at least, he'd try.

In his experience, inviting someone of the opposite sex to a stiff drink, completely out of the blue, was not the best course of action. It was a highly suspect approach, to say the least. And his reputation with those of the fairer sex didn't exactly need any other blemishes. Nor did his physical frame.

There were still scars from previous skirmishes that had yet to heal. They had given him a respect and fear of thrown flower vases and the like.

The Dominion was a huge ship, sure. But on the way to the numerous bars, Giovanni walked almost on auto-pilot.

He strolled in, combed his haggard locks back with a swipe of his hand and threw a few credits on the bar counter.

Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 
  ^CombatEngineer^

SL/SFC Giovanni Bryden/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
LeGiT
ComNet Novice

LeGiT

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  326
November 27, 2007 8:35:14 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
.: Sooner after the breifing :.

The briefing went fairly well, the deployment to Yuka quite fitted the category of what Brock though was fun. Although Brock wasn’t delighted by the fact he’ll be freezing his ass off. He was kept calm as soon as Company Commander Rizzit told them about the bobsleds. He wasn’t sure of what the word meant at first, but as soon as Rizzit proclaimed that it had weapons, he didn’t care what it was. As long as it kept him protected and served as a transportation method on the planet.

Both platoons were dismissed, and given sometime to relax and enjoy the evening in their cozy warmth. This was enjoyable until the next day on the morning, where all squads must departure from Tadath and into the abrasive cold.

Paladin took off and headed towards the Cantina, in hopes of taking each warm breath into their lung systems as much as they can. Not to mention the amounts of alcohol they’ll be consuming upon arrival, Brock though, picturing Giovanni first whenever the word liquor struck his head. As the halls got emptier each second, everyone seemed to be headed the same direction. The Cantina was very popular these days, but Brock’s last thing he wanted to do was drink. He was overly excessive with his drinking the last few years or so, that blatantly did nothing good for him ever since. Maybe one or two glasses of whiskey if maximum, but that’s it.

Brock came to his senses and into a sudden halt, leaving the rest of the squad to continue without him. This was until Luckystar didn’t notice him by her side.

“Brock… What’s the matter…? Ain’t you coming with us to the Cantina?" Luckystar sighed, as she noticed that Brock was out of her sight.

“I’ll catch you guys later I guess… I’m gonna take a quick shower and put on some civilian clothes. This freaking suit is killing me. Hope ya’ll have fun at the Cantina...”

Brock waved his hand as he turned his back to his squad, who were already turned by the time Brock disappeared into the corridor halls as he neared his private quarters. The doors opened to his room, and he felt quite tired. In hopes of cheering him up a bit, Brock took a shower and afterwards relaxed on a hut tub with a quite overwhelming temperature of eighty degrees, where he spend nearly thirty minutes in. Having forgotten his reencounter with the squad at the Cantina, he dipped his head above the already warm water and came back up. This was refreshing and at the same time almost like an alarm; ready to pound on your eardrums. After he fully recuperated from his siesta, he unfolded his towel and tugged it in around his waist; wrapping it around his hips so that it will cover his privates. He took a quick two minutes to choose from the many styles of clothes he had on his drawer, but instead of reasoning with his mind on what to wear, he picked the first thing that he came in contact with.

Leaving his quarters locked, he strolled down the halls and took another hall that led to the Cantina not far from him. He neared the door and entered this vast spacious bar. Brock saw many familiar faces, but he went in search of his squad mates who were already sitting by a nearby table at the end of the place. Across his view was Giovanni, who invited Brock for a shot back at the bartenders place. Brock didn’t want to get off his composure, but he tried to reason with Giovanni, that he was only going to take one shot. The bartender was rather busy serving other people, but that didn’t stop Giovanni to assert himself and tell him he and his friend wanted a drink. The bartender seemed to like Giovanni’s way of addressing it, that he pulled two shot drinks from beneath and served at the table.

“So… How long you think before you snap to your habits again Brock…” Giovanni sighted as he viciously swallowed the shot and grunting his face into that of a pulp.

“Not for long… This makes me think of the old days… Haven’t had these babies in years…” Brock replied, as his face turned sour from the shot.

“What do you say… Another one? Giovanni asked…
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited November 27, 2007 8:39:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Legit (edited November 27, 2007 8:43:44 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2322
Total Posts:  2689
November 27, 2007 8:45:19 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury had just gotten his Morningstar fighter docked in the Dominion's hangar prior to the staff meeting. He got to the conference room and got the lowdown on the mission, scant as it was on details.  So much for intelligence. That said, missions of late had been high on details and equally high on random osik to suit his tastes. That said, it meant the troopers were pretty used to random mission creep by now. That was a plus, right?

By the time he'd gotten to his wardroom, he was sacked. A two-day hyperspace flight in business clothes sitting in that not-quite-sleep state of stasis, willing his body not to use the damn waste bag and (for once) getting away with it. Some OTC drugs actually did what they were supposed to after all.

Seeing as he had absolutely no time to pack, he'd had a ready bag hauled over from his IC offices. And a surprise. A cargo crate held a set of what looked like Galactic Marine armor...and a holoviewer on top of it. He turned it on.

"Hey boss. Figured everyone else would be in their best whites and you'd kill me if I'd painted your special red armor, so we threw this together. Trust me, we updated it and you should like what it does. Sorry about the red overcoat but well, tradition and all. Don't get your sheb shot off and get home safe."

Cute Kraik, real cute.

Well, beats looking like everyone else. Even if it'll make me the biggest target planetside. I'll just have to modify it somehow.
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  205
November 27, 2007 8:57:54 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"You didn't hear that joke?" She made a face that would melt ice."Well it was really funny, sorry you missed it. Hey you, mixmaster! Keep 'em comin' baby. I'm not gonna get drunk off of my sex appeal."

Ugh.. It's a wonder he dosen't expload from his own ego

Saphira thought, watching him downing the drinks like water that was going to dry out in the Tattooine sun. Rolling her eyes she took her first glass and touched it to her lips. Gimp, then was suddenly watching her with great intrest.

"You have a staring problem?" She rasped, pulling the drink back  slightly. The contents sloshing slighty in the cool glass.

"None at all.. I just find watching you inticing.." He drolled, straighting his back so it poped a few times. His dark eyes never leaving her. Saph found it annoying and there was somethign slighty odd.

"You put something in this drink didn't you?" She agumented. Gimp, gave her a hurt look on his face.

"No, why would I?" He countered. "But if you want somethign in you I can accomadate that.." He added. The Twi'lik ignored the second part. There was no way she was going to lead him on and end this in a punching match with a crazed drunk.

"Alright, fine.. then you wouldn't mind drinking this then.." She stated with a sweet smile.

Busted... Saph thought as Gimp tried to once more play off his innocent cue.

"Come on Saph. Why would I  put somethign in your drink. Hell if you wern't here I would have drank that."  He admitted sheeply.

"HA! Then you didn't know I was going to be comming down here.."  She leaned foward towards him.

Shit.. She got me in that one.. Gimp thought.

"Uh.. fine.. I wasn't.. but why would I put something in my own drink?"

"In the hope to have someone else drink it. Your stalling.. Drink it and prove me wrong." Saph pointed again.  Gimp finished his other drink and sat the empty glass down with a soft clink. Crossing his arms over his chest he  tipped his head to the right.

"You had the drink the whole time. How could I?" 

Saph took in a deep breath and counted to ten. "I wasn't looking at it the entire time.. and you seemed so animated to  wanting me to drink it. Now either you drink it.. Or do I need to go find Doc?" She sneered. Gimp threw his arms up in the air.

"Fine, I'll drink it... But you owe me" He muttered a few curse words as he grabbed for her drink

"Fine.." she replied back

He talked to himself in the duration as he grabbed the drink and pressed it to his lips. He drank it quickly and then slammed the drink down. The glass cracking in the process.

"Happy?" He stated.

"Yea.. sorry.." She muttered. Gimp grabbed her right hand and pulled her to him.

"As I said.. you owe me Saph.." His breath rasped on her. Making her shudder.

"What am I to you anyway Gimp? I don't get the feeling that your the type that can be handeled.." She snapped back. Her own eyes staring into his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dax was making his way down the hall. Still a bit mad from Jelly messing with him. More so that he was mad at himself for not just taking a leaf out of Saph's book and just leaving when she felt like it.  With a sigh he found himself nearing the cantina. Hearing laughter and a few cheers comming from inside.

Oh boy...

He hurried on towards the inside and hoped nothng too wild was going on this early.

[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited November 27, 2007 9:46:31 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  991
November 27, 2007 9:24:16 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
He was never one to be pushy. Unless his fair maiden, Alcohol, was with him. Then he became, at times, downright obnoxious.

Luckily for Brock, he wasn't that drunk, nor did he plan to get that drunk. He understood the severity of the task at hand and wasn't about to let his love for the drink get the best of him, as it had in years past.

He had Brock, Baretz, and Viper to take care of.

He chuckled to himself.

"What's so funny?" said Brock as he downed another shot, and made yet another whiskey face, more contorted than the last.

"Oh nothing." He looked over to Luckystar and Ievit. The two seemed to be deep in conversation, and paid no matter to their drinks.

The music was blaring, and the conversation from the Dark Dragoons was quickly invading everyone's airwaves. They were drunk, and they were crazy. Just as he remembered them, albeit with a total new lineup.

A few troopers from Eclipse were seated in a dark corner, enjoying their drinks calmly, with the occasional eruption of laughter every once in a while.

A quick look around and Baretz and Viper were nowhere to be found. Probably got pre-mission jitters. He shrugged.

Nothing calmed the jitters like 7 or so shots of whiskey.

"Bartender!"

He threw another 7 chips at the man in black.

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  742
November 27, 2007 9:28:18 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Wow, am I lucky or what? These guy’s are totally different from what I expected. Who knew they’d accept me as easy as this. Maybe I don’t have so much to worry about after all…

Leon placed his hand on Tanus’s shoulder, finishing the last bit of his red drink before speaking. “I gotta go visit my old squad for a bit, you know, explain what happened to them and all that junk.”

“Alright, you have fun,” Tanus said, chuckling a bit.

“Meh,” groaned Leon. “I doubt it’ll be anything close to fun.”

Leon’s broad smile quickly disappeared into a grim line beneath his beard. He slowly made his way to the Raider’s table, trying hard not to avert their blank stares. All of a sudden, Leon was beginning to realize the state he had left Raiders in. They only had four troopers, not even half a squad. How could the HC leave them in such a state? Did they really care about the lives of their soldiers? Or was the Vast Empire turning into another one of those ruthless Imperial factions. It wasn’t right, and for as long as Raider’s had been around, they deserved better then this.

“Howdy folks, can I buy you all something to drink?!” Bellowed Leon, trying to sound as cheerful as he could. He was met only by blank stares, a seemingly hostile one coming from Namyr. “I guess not then…”

“Have a seat, Leon.” Rogue called out softly, gesturing to a chair that rested in-between him and Darr.

Leon slowly shuffled over to the empty chair, feeling his ex-squad mates piercing glares bear down upon him. He pulled the metal chair out and cringed as it screeched across the Dura Steel floor, seeming to last an eternity before giving him enough room to sit. Once seated, he began thrumming on the table nervously, waiting for someone to break the awkward silence that had encumbered the group of friends.

“You’re a traitor Leon. How could you do such a thing? And out of all the times, why now? We need you!”

Leon was shocked to hear what he knew was being said to him. And out of all the people, Rogueboy. He turned to meet his friend’s angry gaze, and instead, encountered another thing that shocked him…

A smile.

Laughter erupted from all around him; still not exactly sure of what was going on. After a couple of seconds, it hit him. They were playing a joke on him, they weren’t really mad; it was just some kind of sick joke. It worked to. “Ooooohhh you guy’s are sly little things, you know that? You actually had me there for a couple of seconds.”

Rogueboy roughly patted Leon on the back, loud thuds resounding off impact. “Y-You should have seen the look on your face! I’ve never seen anything like it before! It was hilarious!” Finished Rogueboy, bursting into another fit of laughter.

“Now let’s proceed with the festivities, and have a toast to the VE’s newest Squad Leader!” Shouted Darr-Rann, a droid waiter seeming to pop out of thin air, rapidly placing the drinks in front of each trooper. “Hey, you guy’s, DD! You come to, he’s your’s now!”

The rest of Leon’s squad approached the Raiders table, with drinks of their own raised high in the air. Leon raised his ale into the air also, the gold liquid inside frothing over the rim of the glass. Rogueboy opened his mouth to speak, paused for a second as if in thought, and then began. “A toast, to our fellow comrades, friends, and brothers in arms. I wish the best of luck to both our squads, and that everyone return home safely. Congrats to the newest Squad Leader of the VE, and I also, wish him the best of luck. We’re gonna miss you buddy… Cheer’s!”

A loud clashing of glasses rang through out the air, followed by happy shouts from both squads.

Leon had never been happier.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  992
November 27, 2007 9:46:29 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Laughter, "cheers," and the clinking of glasses came from somewhere behind him. He didn't notice. His peripheral vision was blurred out as he focused on the only thing between him and a good night's sleep on this hunk of flying metal, gliding stealthily on its way to the Kamino system.

7 shot glasses.

"Somebody. Anybody!" The bar went quiet for a few seconds to see what the hell all the ruckus was about.

"Somebody hand me a lighter, and a bendy straw, STAT!"

Before he could finish, the bartender had pulled out his lighter, and the bendy straw that was at one point intended for a fruity drink ordered by a certain Sullustan who he had not yet had the ill-fortune of meeting.

Everyone went back to their business. Drunkenness and loudness were two things any trooper of the Empire was well accustomed to. This was in no way out of the ordinary.

From out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a drunken Snipes, standing up with his finger pointed at Giovanni, struggling to maintain his balance.

"You da man!" he said. He fell back in a plop, causing quite the rise from the rest of Wraith, his squad prior to joining Paladin.

Part of him missed the drunken revelry of Wraith. But mostly, he didn't remember a damn thing.

Good times, he thought.

He pulled some more credits out of his pocket and bought them all a round. They sure as hell didn't need it, but that never stopped them before.

But he digressed. There were shot glasses in front of him, and they all needed to be lit on fire. No rational reason why, they just needed the flame. It was a man thing.

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:43:15 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 102  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >