Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  207
  RE: Aegis Topic
January 1, 2006 7:12:38 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Hey Chip, do you think we could get some type of story going? I'd be more than willing to try to put one together for you if your busy.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
FM/LCRW Hunter/Aegis 10/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2098
Total Posts:  4197
January 1, 2006 11:10:33 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Right, I beleive he was wanting to get some brainstorming started.  However, it's not longer necessarilly up to him when he gets it goin.  I'm setting some dates for you guys and Chip will re-address them to you as soon as he is here...  That is his first objective anyways.  You guys need to have a story up and ready to go by this weekend.  I mean that...  THIS upcoming weekend.  By the 7th of January, 2006...  You guys got a story and are on top of it. 

No more stagnation.  You've got plenty of active members.  USE THEM.  Flight leads, which I suppose just mean's Hunter and Chip right now, you need to make sure your getting reports from everyone in your flight.  If your not getting one- ask about it.  If they continue to not send them in- report it in your report.  Time to take control people.  This is supposed to be fun, lets make it that way.  That means gettin organized.  The best to you all.  Chip has his instructions waiting for him in the Commander's Comnet.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  235
January 2, 2006 12:48:54 AM    View the profile of templar 
Thank you Shazam! Although most of us have ideas for a story, we just.... uh...I don't know, haven't really done anything with them, I don't really know what word to choose for it. But an idea I had if anybody was or is wondering, is that perhaps we go on a REAL training mission, like not in simulators but in our gunboats, so as to learn how to work them better, and then we get attacked by pirates or rebels or something. Thats just an idea of mine, although I'm pretty sure Raigens idea is similar to mine.
[This message has been edited by templar (edited January 2, 2006 12:50:04 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2102
January 2, 2006 2:14:28 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Might I suggest thinking deeper?  I mean, if you did decide to go on a training mission, it has to be pretty well thought out.  They wouldn't just send you into enemy territory...  Unless maybe you were one of the only ones in the area...  That is possible then.  Say your on your mission when your called back to launch out to somewhere else.  Nearby planet is under heavy attack of some kind or a supply route is being intercepted by pirates or an NR group.  Whatever way, you need to have reasoning for things, otherwise it's totally random.  You don't want that.  Think on it.  The best to you.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  55
January 2, 2006 6:03:19 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
I'll work out one with everyone via e-mail and such. I pretty much have one that I put together already, so I'll just check with the rest of the squadron to see if they like it. And I know how stories are supposed to go Shaz, I've been doing it a long time on the Army side. I just had to work it on for the Navy side. Reading the other squadron's stories worked that out. So to the Sqaudron, look for some stuff in your mail boxes either tonight or tomorrow. Also, do any of you get on IRC? Maybe we can set up a meeting time? Chip was talking about that before, I think. I just have one itsy bitsy question. From both Kaph's stories and Nazgul's, I'm assuming we don't always stay in our fighters; from a lot of the things I've read, you guys also do some ground work? Like searching for info and such...

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited January 2, 2006 6:04:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited January 2, 2006 6:10:52 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2104
January 2, 2006 9:22:46 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I've always thought of the Navy as a semi-mulit task force.  We spend about ninety percent of the time in our fighters, but the other ten percent is ground or some times, invasion of cruisers...  Only when its permitted though.  Really, that only happens when a situation changes against the assumptions of the command staff.  "Well, we didn't realize that your ship was run by pirates...  Bad luck I suppose..."  I mean, they don't send you on 'ground missions' unless there is an exact exchange point of some kind.  Part of the Navy's goal is to get stories working so that we don't have to rely on ground combat for stories...  You'll see that in Nazgul Squadron's next story.  :>

Lemme know if you need anything.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  58
January 5, 2006 4:59:01 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Hey Chip. I have a story ready if you want to use it. All I need is a go ahead.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited January 5, 2006 5:19:42 PM)]
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  61
January 5, 2006 6:07:30 PM    View the profile of templar 
go ahead...wait I'm not chip...ah well.
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  63
January 5, 2006 7:34:46 PM    View the profile of templar 
by the way..what ever happened to blu boy?
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  60
January 6, 2006 9:18:45 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Ok Aegis, I got the go ahead from Chip. Our new story is up, names Aegis-Hidden Power.

On another note, I didn't get any reports from my flight. This may be because you didn't know to send them to me, or you forgot. In either case, I'm letting you off the hook this week, but next week I need a report sent to me at [email protected] by Thursday night. I have a little strike system I'll be passing on to Chip, so there will be ramifications if you don't send it. I am hoping that you just didn't know to. Sorry about that if that is the case. I shouldn't have thought that Chip or someone else had told you to send them to me and sent you a letter myself.

Have a nice weekend everyone. I will be out almost all of tomorrow, and all of Sunday. So you will only see me on maybe tomorrow night. Just letting you all know before the weekend hits. Get posting. I hope you like the story.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Senior Crewman Hunter

FL/SCRW Hunter/Aegis 9/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1847
Total Posts:  2064
January 7, 2006 12:37:19 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like every one of you to send in a weekly report next week. Reports may be made through e-mail, so that I can save them on my computer. If this is a problem, let me know *BEFORE* reports are due.

Speaking of due dates, I want every one of you to have your weekly reports in *no later than* 8:00am (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday mornings. This will give me the time I need to put together our squadron report.

All reports need to be sent to the three squadron officers: Myself, JMac, and Hunter.

Reports don't have to be complicated. Just give me a basic overview of what you have or haven't done in the past week. For example, have you posted on any stories? Participated in any games? Can you give me an approximate idea of how much time you've spent on IRC? What is your Pay-Per-Click count? Things liek that. Remember that even if you *don't* have any activity to report, send one anyway. A report of no activity is better than no report at all.

Feel free to post back here with any questions, comments, or concerns. Be sure to ask before the reports are due.

-----------------------
SC/WO1 Chipmunk Man/Aegis 1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)[LoC][MC:1]x3[LSM][VC:B]

"I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you need to ask youself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya? Punk!"
-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  67
January 7, 2006 3:22:13 PM    View the profile of templar 
Will do Chip, i didn't send in one last week because of some probelms I was having with my computers, but I wont bore you with the detals. I assure you though that this will not be the case this week.

C'mon people get posting on the story! I already have, and am waiting for more people to ost.
Geth
ComNet Novice

Geth

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  31
January 9, 2006 3:24:45 PM    View the profile of Geth 
Hey, I alreayd posted my pre-flight stuff, so I'm gonna let the others get there's in a bit.

-----------------------
GETH
=Aegis-Squadron=
FM/SCRW GETH/Aegis - 2/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  68
January 10, 2006 8:56:20 PM    View the profile of templar 
GET POSTING!!!
Geth
ComNet Novice

Geth

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  31
January 11, 2006 3:24:14 PM    View the profile of Geth 
ummm, ditto?

-----------------------
GETH
=Aegis-Squadron=
FM/SCRW GETH/Aegis - 2/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  61
January 11, 2006 7:10:45 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
I was waiting to post to see if Chip or Jmac would write on it along with everyone else from the sqaudron, but I guess not. I'll have a post up tomorrow night that will continue us on. Hopefully some other members from our almost full squadron will post by then.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Senior Crewman Hunter

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1850
January 12, 2006 12:17:54 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
I'll have a post up soon. My family is in a bit of turmoil; my step-dad had to go to the hospitol after hurting his hip. Again.

-----------------------
SC/WO1 Chipmunk Man/Aegis 1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)[LoC][MC:1]x3[LSM][VC:B]

"I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you need to ask youself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya? Punk!"
-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1182
Total Posts:  1216
January 12, 2006 9:04:46 AM    View the profile of JMac 
Ok, now I'm back...mostly.  Sorry for the delay, on top of my car crash I'm in the process of changing from my major to another, a school to another, a state to another, etc.  It's been hectic.  But, I'm back, you'll see a bit from me now, once school gets going starting Monday you'll see more of me.

-----------------------
XO/LCM JMac/Aegis 5/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Lusthawk 8

The idea of an honorable fight is a joke. What is honorable about harming another human? To win a fight, you have to forget about honor, forget yourself, and lose yourself in a cold burning fire. You have to strike until your target stops moving, smile as they bleed, and kill what soon will be no more then a red pulp a thousand times in your heart before you commit to violence.
Kaloon Nafir
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  13
January 13, 2006 3:50:26 PM    View the profile of Kaloon Nafir 
*salutes* Sorry i haven't been on in the last week or so too, not that that would make much difference :P, I had exams
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1183
Total Posts:  1216
January 13, 2006 5:32:12 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Ok, now that I'm back, things are going to get moving, or else.  I'm working with Chip to make up a list of squadron guidelines, will be publishing those in the next few days, but I can tell you this....story writing is not an option, it is a requirement.  The amound of activity on the story so far is horrible, get posting.  If you are busy, tell me in a report, of which I've recieved very few.  All reports were due in by midnight yesterday EST, that has not changed.  Get them in, and get posting, or give me a good reason as to why not.

-----------------------
XO/LCM JMac/Aegis 5/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Lusthawk 8

The idea of an honorable fight is a joke. What is honorable about harming another human? To win a fight, you have to forget about honor, forget yourself, and lose yourself in a cold burning fire. You have to strike until your target stops moving, smile as they bleed, and kill what soon will be no more then a red pulp a thousand times in your heart before you commit to violence.
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  69
January 13, 2006 6:37:05 PM    View the profile of templar 
*stammers* I'm-i'm hurt Jmac, I'm one of the most active members here, I'm on everyday and I was the 1st person(besides Hunter) to post on our current story, not to mention I've already written a personal story of my own. *cries and hugs the nearest person* Wails"IM NEVER APPRECIATED!!! *bawls*
chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1851
January 13, 2006 7:25:11 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Templar, you and your activity *are* appreciated and have been noted. But you still didn't turn in a report. Please get one in late, with an explanation as to why it was not in on time.

As a notice to all: if I do not receive a report next week, you will be AWOL'd.

-----------------------

-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  70
January 13, 2006 11:04:43 PM    View the profile of templar 
I was joiking Chip, and I'm sendng it in now.
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  63
January 16, 2006 5:21:24 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Hey everyone. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. It was a total accident. I was going out of town this weekend with my family, and there was internet connecting at the hotel we were staying at, so I didn't think I needed to worry about anything. Most unfortunately, my laptop completely fried with some error that I was unable to fix. I couldn't even get to the window's loading screen. I hope this didn't cause too much trouble. I did notice that no ones posted since I last did, so I couldn't have really been able to do anything even if I wanted to. I don't want to double post, but I will if someone doesn't write by tomorrow night.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Senior Crewman Hunter

templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  71
January 16, 2006 6:51:18 PM    View the profile of templar 
Yeah this is pretty sad man...no one has frigan posted at all...
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  64
January 16, 2006 7:13:14 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
You do realise that went for you to Templar. It is possible to keep a story going with two people. I've done it before.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Senior Crewman Hunter

chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1856
January 16, 2006 9:35:36 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
I'll get one up soon. Moved back to campus today, so things have been hectic all weekend.

-----------------------

-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
templar
ComNet Novice

templar

Post Number:  73
January 17, 2006 1:10:40 AM    View the profile of templar 
Hunter ive been itching to post again for days. But I thought this was suposed to involve the whole squadron. But if not I'd love nothing more than to just go with you or some one else on an adevnture
Gemini
ComNet Novice

Gemini

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  84
January 17, 2006 4:40:07 AM    View the profile of Gemini 
Well Templat I hope you enjoy shopping, I just made a special post for you

Nah, just kidding,
*gazes at roster* I'm still on that thing, wow. Anyhow, I'm back, Im still contemplating killing my self in the story, but for now I'll sit this story with you guys. Just posted.

School starts tomorow, I'm only home weekends, just to warn you. Do reports still go to Chip and J?

-----------------------
Aegis Squad
chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1857
January 17, 2006 8:13:20 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Yup, me, JMac, and Hunter.

Good to see you back, Gem.

-----------------------

-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Aegis Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:28:36 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 138  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >