Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  46
Total Posts:  207
  RE: Aegis Topic
November 6, 2005 11:40:00 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
Welcome Piter. Just to let you know, I am Kairo on the Army side, so when you see Kairo on IRC, that's me.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
FM/LCRW Hunter/Aegis 10/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1153
Total Posts:  1216
November 7, 2005 2:32:34 PM    View the profile of JMac 
All right, the story seems to be stagnating.  I want everyone to get posting on it, write something, it doesn't have to be a huge post, a few hundred words will do.  I've been pretty busy this weekend, have a massive 10 minute oral presentation due at 5 today, after that, I'll be posting again.  Get on it.  If this story doesn't do anything for you, then tell me what you want, and I'll make a new Aegis story for us.

Once upon a time Aegis was the elite squadron in this navy, unmatched in our energy, in our activity, in our skill.  We were the masters of everything that is Star Wars.  It's time to start living up to the squadron's history and restore it to the glory that is its due. 

-----------------------
XO/LCM JMac/Aegis 5/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Lusthawk 8

The idea of an honorable fight is a joke. What is honorable about harming another human? To win a fight, you have to forget about honor, forget yourself, and lose yourself in a cold burning fire. You have to strike until your target stops moving, smile as they bleed, and kill what soon will be no more then a red pulp a thousand times in your heart before you commit to violence.
Piter DeVries
ComNet n00b

Piter DeVries

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  15
Total Posts:  27
November 7, 2005 3:06:44 PM    View the profile of Piter DeVries 
run run run

*rusn himself*

-----------------------
where do i put my signature again?
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

Post Number:  47
November 7, 2005 3:48:08 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
I posted, but I don't really know what an MC-80 is. I couldn't any information on it anywhere. Sorry if I wrote about it incorrectly. If you find any errors in my post, tell me, and I'll fix it as soon as I can. If any of you could give me a link to somewhere that gives the capabilites of an MC-80, it would be more appreciated.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited November 7, 2005 4:14:26 PM)]
Piter DeVries
ComNet n00b

Piter DeVries

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  16
November 7, 2005 4:38:32 PM    View the profile of Piter DeVries 
remember the big mon calimari ship in return of the jedi? i believe thats an MC-80...well a similar model at least

-----------------------
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

Post Number:  49
November 7, 2005 4:59:32 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Ah, thanks Piter. I didn't know that that was what that was called. I normally just call them Moncalamari cruisers, but now I see that that is probably what the MC stands for, huh?

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Willtconq
ComNet Disciple

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] VET Web Designer

Post Number:  2616
Total Posts:  4599
November 7, 2005 5:24:15 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Yes, MC does stand for Mon Cal. but I don't know what the 80 statds for, just a model number, maybe? and just so you'll know in the future, ISD stands for Imperial Star Destroyer, VSD stands for Victory-class Star Destroyer, and the Nebuleon-B Frigate is the med ship at the end of Empire Stricks back. These four ships are the most commonly used capital ships everywhere, including the books.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
King of PPC
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we shall do it again!
XO/FL/SPO Willtconq/Kaph 5/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B][SV]
Wm/Wm Willtconq/WM:1/Webmasters/VET/VE
Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

Post Number:  50
November 7, 2005 5:47:59 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Thanks. I knew all those. It was just the MC-80. I'd never seen Mon Cal cruiser shortened to just MC.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Piter DeVries
ComNet n00b

Piter DeVries

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  17
November 8, 2005 12:36:09 AM    View the profile of Piter DeVries 
and you know what it means if it's a mon cal?

show no mercy! destroy the damn bulbous things!

-----------------------
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  803
Total Posts:  1963
November 8, 2005 3:45:03 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright, new plano.  After the story, I'm going to head over to nazgul and hang there.  I really wanna go back and hang out with Shazam, and with Jmac being here now, it's good to go for you guys.

Sorry, but Aegis will be alright without me.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
FM/SCPO Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-4 (Aegis 4)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV)
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited November 8, 2005 4:38:02 PM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1156
November 9, 2005 10:53:52 AM    View the profile of JMac 
Best of luck amigo.

-----------------------
XO/LCM JMac/Aegis 5/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)(VC)

Lusthawk 8

The idea of an honorable fight is a joke. What is honorable about harming another human? To win a fight, you have to forget about honor, forget yourself, and lose yourself in a cold burning fire. You have to strike until your target stops moving, smile as they bleed, and kill what soon will be no more then a red pulp a thousand times in your heart before you commit to violence.
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1159
November 10, 2005 5:31:40 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Ok...definitely getting tired of having no story to write on.  All in favor of starting an Aegis story?

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1925
Total Posts:  4197
November 10, 2005 5:40:10 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Wait up...  So does that mean you guys arn't writing with Kaph anymore?  I thought that's what you were up to.  If your switching stories, that means Jaden is in Limbo until we finish our own.  We'd have to figure out how to include him if he's going to be finishing out his term with you guys so quickly.  Give me a final word if you will. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1161
November 11, 2005 10:09:46 AM    View the profile of JMac 
At the moment, the Kaph story is in limbo, and we can't work on it, so I want to get to work on something....I will let you know when something definitive is decided, though.

As of right now, I have one report.  That is unacceptable, get those reports in ASAP.

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

Hunter
ComNet Novice

Hunter

Post Number:  51
November 11, 2005 2:00:33 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
That report is mine, right? Just wanting to make sure, because I sent one. Also, I'm all for another story. At least until the Kaph one is back on track. We can always pause one, finish the one, and come back to it the next week.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Willtconq
ComNet Disciple

Willtconq

Post Number:  2635
November 11, 2005 2:11:49 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
we're paused because of Jaden, if you guys could help get him back on track, then we''l get the sotry going again.

-----------------------
King of PPC
XO/FL/SPO Willtconq/Kaph 5/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B][SV]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1163
November 11, 2005 4:39:24 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Got yours on time Hunter, it's appreciated, and noted.  Yours was the only one I got before the due date.

Piter, you are new here, so you might not know this.  Reports are due into me every week by midnight that Thursday, EST.  Basically, just let me know what you've done, and what your plans are.

I'm going to get an Aegis story started sometime this weekend, let me know what exactly you'd want, though we will pause it to finish the Kaph story once that is back on track.  Haven't heard from Jaden, so I'm not sure when that will be fixed.

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  806
November 12, 2005 11:56:07 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Fixing right now...

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
FM/SCPO Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-4 (Aegis 4)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV)
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1172
November 15, 2005 12:36:48 AM    View the profile of JMac 
All right, story is up.  Get to work, and may the Force be with you.  Let's get some activity.

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1945
November 15, 2005 6:41:40 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
So you are splitting off or are you staying with the Kaph?  I presented the same question to Will and I'll be watching you both now that I'm in the Wing Commander seat.  So, no longer will Nazgul see me alone, I will also be helping both Kaph and Aegis all the while.  So, for both Chip and JMac, I need a report from you by the end of the week, every week.  Any information you can give me now would be excellent.  That way I don't go readin a story for an hour and end up not having it be relevant to what you guys are up to.

Thanks again, and the best to you.  Rock on.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Gemini
ComNet Novice

Gemini

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  84
November 16, 2005 3:31:20 PM    View the profile of Gemini 
Okay, i know its not my place to say anything, i havent been active in the navy and all, but lets go into action, Jay,when does Aegis get their own story? Right after the Kaph one is finished? And what objectives still needs to be finished in the kaph story? I cant made or foot out from the story notes,

-----------------------
Aegis Squad
[This message has been edited by Gemini (edited November 16, 2005 3:32:42 PM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1173
November 16, 2005 4:26:34 PM    View the profile of JMac 
I'll be starting an Aegis story as soon as the Kaph one is finished, if our semi-fearless leader agrees...we can't just go off on our own and leave them hanging.  As for objectives, right now, the mission has just been shot to hell and we are getting out of there with all speed, our squadron is covering the escape of the commandos and stopping our capital ship from being blown out of the sky.

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1778
Total Posts:  2064
November 16, 2005 10:38:31 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
/me growls.  "Semi-fearless"?!?!  I seem to remember a particular someone else freaking out at Jason's Woods that one time... What was it you screamed? I've actually gone and forgotten what exactly you were frantically screaming while running away from the glowing-spot-guy and yetti...

Any way, I'm gonna start posting some of my revamps. One of the things I need to finish is a template for a generic e-mail. That's going to be the one I send to all the new recruits, and a copy will be forwarded to JMac so that he can send it if I'm on leave. I'll probably send copies to all of you just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Various things to be included will be the report deadline and requirements, an example of a report, other welcoming info, etc.

I also want to get our webpage back in commision. I know we have one, but it is in serious need of updating. Actually, I've gone and forgotten how we got the page and how to access it. I'll be going back through saved e-mails and old posts to refresh my memory, but if anyone already knows, please let me know. I'm going to be looking for a designated webmaster, who will be in charge of keeping the page updated with news and a current roster. If you're interested, send me a PM expalining why you think you should get the job (Aegis members only, please).

JMac, did you have any particular ideas for that new story? Give me a phone call sometime.

-----------------------
SC/WO1 Chipmunk Man/Aegis 1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)[LoC][MC:1]x3[LSM][VC:B]

"I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you need to ask youself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya? Punk!"
-"Dirty" Harry Callahan
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1959
November 17, 2005 2:27:37 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I used freewebs for the Nazgul site, but I have yet to understand how to transfer it to the VEN server... 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  2672
November 17, 2005 6:59:28 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
you can't. You simply have to make your own web pages from fresh start. Like me. Then you go to Japh and ask for the password so you can put your web pages and images and stuff in the Nazgul or Aegis folder. HTML is probably the easiest computer language to learn, so, if you don't any, you can always learn it. and there's tons of stuff on the net that teaches you how to do it.

-----------------------
King of PPC
SC/MCPO Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B][SV]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  810
November 18, 2005 10:26:36 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Sweet, I haven't been around, and the entire Navy finally gets boosted back up.  As all of you know by now, I will be leavin when we get done with the story, to go to Nazgul.  Umm...I probably won't be able to make a post until late tonight because I have to go to work and what not.  Work Sucks, its really taking a lot of time out of the VE for me.

If things come to worst, I'll have to drop out of the Navy and the Army and the VE in all for a long time because of this job, but not yet hopefully.

See you guys around.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  2678
November 18, 2005 6:37:07 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
i'll be making a post later tonight, put everything in order before before i leave for NYC. so wait for me.

-----------------------
King of PPC
SC/MCPO Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B][SV]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

JMac

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  1176
November 19, 2005 2:39:45 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Ok, thus far I have gotten a total of one report.  That isn't even close to good enough.  Get your reports in, they are now two days late.

-----------------------

Lusthawk 8

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1982
November 24, 2005 12:52:04 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
*Jumps in through window...*

Right, just realized this isn't Kaph Squadron, so you guys don't have the benifit of being new.  Reports aren't that hard, they're are like two or three sentences tops that says what you've done.  Think of it as an opportunity to point out all the good things you've done.  Even if you havn't done anything, might as well tell someone.  If you have problems, this is your opportunity.  Sorry to step into Aegis territory, but it is important that you get reports, that way you can report to me and I can report to Japheth... 

Lemme know how many reports you guys get in your reports. 

(Endless, isn't it...?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 24, 2005 12:55:48 AM)]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  813
December 3, 2005 1:38:00 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright, just assume my character just vanishes in the story and leaves or what not.  I'm not participating in the Aegis story or anything Aegis affiliated anymore.  If you guys need me, message me or get to me in the main Nazgul topic.

Peace out and good luck Guys

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Vast Empire
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Aegis Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:33:17 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 138  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >