Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  215
Total Posts:  997
  RE: Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
May 30, 2009 4:00:47 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer was starring at the map of the village, lightning flashed in the windows of the small command center they had set up. Two of the squad jumped, Kand and Helena were standing close together talking softly, the others were watching the rain fall.

He had noticed sometime ago the squad was looking to him for decisions, he instead of taking control suggested what he thought should be done, Kand said the exact thing he suggested as an order and it was carried out.

He ignored the looks the squad was giving him, he did not want this. So he tried to think of mistakes he might of made in the defenses, things he could of done better. He reminded himself that the best laid plans only lasted until the first shot was fired.

Letting out a slow breath he looked up and said "Troop deployment is as follows," He refrained from suggesting this, he hoped no one would complain about who they were to be with, but he doubted it would be that simple.

"Jori, Ananzi position yourselves on the north-east road. Kand and RK south-east road. Anival and myself will take the east road." Putting his head in his hands he waited for the explosion that was sure to follow.

"That's an order people." Kand said.

Joamer picked up his head just enough to look at Kand and Helena, the scowl she wore was directed at him. He noticed Kand bend down and say something before walking out. The rest of the squad filed out leaving him with his assistant squad leader.

She walked over slowly, her hand resting on her E-11, the other hooked behind her belt. "Give me one reason why I should not make you man the E-web." She said softly, her voice had an edge to it she rarely used around him.

Going back to the map he studied it again, he knew it was pointless. He had starred at the layout of the village so many times he could draw it flawlessly, in the dark. She waited quietly, the drumming of the storm sounded loud all of a sudden. Thunder boomed twice before he worked up the nerve to speak.

"It's the logical choice." He said quietly.

"Logic? Do not attempt to use that excuse with me, trooper." She made her simple statement come out as a threat.

He worked up the courage to stand erect and meet her gaze, her eyes were steel hazel. Her mouth was set in a thin line, and her hands were clenched in front of her, well away from her blaster.

"You know damn well I have not touched an E-web since the Academy, you would be the 'logical' choice." She very nearly shouted.

"I know you want to be on the front lines, but this is my choice. We simple do not have enough people not to have someone stay behind and cover our asses. This is my plan, no one else created it I did. I will not stay behind when there is a chance this whole thing will fail." Joamer said, his voice had a faint command tint to it, but not enough to be considered insubordinate.

Walking over to the wall, he picked up his DC-15 and placed it around his shoulders, he then picked up his DLT-20a and held it in front of him. Breathing slowly he turned around, she was starring at him with a strange expression.

"Tell me the truth. You are doing this to protect me." She said very softly.

He began walking towards the door but stopped, he turned slowly around and met her gaze for what might be the last time.

"Kand suggested this be the positioning. To tell you the truth this was my idea from the first moment I figured out this defensive layout. You may not believe it, but you hold this dysfunctional group together. You have become something we stand around and protect." Waiting a few moments he walked outside, Helena stayed inside the command center with a half scowl half smile on her face.

Joamer knew he should simply walk to the east road and take his position to wait, but some urge to check on the men made him walk to the north-east road instead. Making his way through the maze of desks, tables, chairs, and the other discarded household items he walked up to Jori and Ananzi. They looked at him with a mixture of respect and disbelief.

"Are you in command now?" Jori said. Ananzi nodded suddenly as if that thought had crossed his mind.

"Kanderin and Helena are in charge. I am only doing what I can." Joamer said as he took one last look at the area around them.

Walking closer he began inspecting the armor of the two troopers, they looked at each other before coming to a form of attention. Grinning suddenly he slapped both of them on the shoulders.

"Remember the plan, stand fast at the beginning. I will see you after." Joamer meet both mens eyes before turning away and walking to the south. He did not see the look they gave his retreating back, or the look they shared afterwords.

Making his way quickly to the south-east road he walked up to Kand and RK before stopping. RK was looking out in the direction of the woods with a scowl on his face. Kand was starring at him with a strange expression, he was not used to seeing one of his own troopers act like this.

Joamer wished he would berate him for assuming even this much of command, but Kand only stayed leaned back in an old chair, his A280 sat propped across his legs.

"Inspecting the troops." Kanderin said, he nodded a few times as if he answered his own question.

Joamer smirked as he looked around, Kand chuckled softly. RK turned around and looked at both of them like they had lost their minds. Kand only chuckled harder.

"Good luck." Joamer said, he turned around and walked back north. Kand shook his head and went back to inspecting his rifle.

"You too." Kanderin said softly, he shared a look with RK before going back to waiting.

Joamer walked slowly to his position, his mind spinning out game plans and tactics. He knew he had missed something, somewhere a weak spot sat exposed and in plain sight, he just could not think of were that was. Walking slowly to the east road he stopped and starred out into the night.

Anival walked up a few minutes later and looked out into the darkness, he was breathing slowly, the rain was coming down harder now, making it difficult to see anything.

"When will it start?" Anival said slowly.

"We do not even know it will start. We were only told to set up defenses and wait. We all assume we would be attacked since that scouting party showed up. That could of been the army we have been hearing about, if we are lucky that was the army we are all fearing." Joamer said, he looked over at Anival for a long moment before walking over to a bench and sitting down.

Anival watched him for a long moment, before turning back to stare out into the night.

OOC:
Objectives complete. Squad continue to post but do not advance the story until Arnaut brings up the new objectives.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited May 30, 2009 4:03:29 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited May 31, 2009 11:44:30 AM)]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  146
Total Posts:  2413
May 30, 2009 5:18:45 PM    View the profile of Havock 
The rain was pouring down covering the dirty streets. In a way it was nice that the sky finally made up its mind, rather than just drizzle off and on. Havock looked up and let the rain fall, pinging on her helmet and rolling to the ground. Hav was sitting on the floor down the west road, she had her pistols close by and a standard E-11 Blaster Rifle sitting on top of the boxes she was hiding behind.

Picking up her macrobinoculars, Havock peered over the boxes to the end of the street and the forest below. The village was on a slight rise as compared to the forest. Adjusting the focus, she looked at the tree line, seeing nothing just like she had seen for the past hour they had been sitting there.

Havock had gotten rest, just as she was ordered to do. She would never admit it but she did need the rest, and she felt better now, more focused. Ron had deployed the RAIDERS in four main groups of two. Grahim and Ron were on the north-west road, Beta and Raelene on the south-west road, and Karash and Rogueboy were back at the town square securing their fall back point. Havock jumped as a bolt of lightning struck a metal rod on the top of one of the buildings.

“What is it, hun?”

Havock rolled her eyes and looked over at Jae who was sitting next to her on the west portion of the east-west road. They had spent the morning making sure their baracade of fodder was ready. Jaenna had insisted that she be paired up with Havock, and Hav knew she was just being over protective. In fact her exact words were, 'every other time this mission you go somewhere without me you get kidnapped or beat up and I've had enough of it.' Which wouldn't have been so bad if Karash wasn't standing behind her nodding so much Hav was sure he would hurt his neck.

“It was just the lightning, I'm telling you I'm fine.”

Jae was alternating looking at Havock looking down the road at the forest, and back up the road probably worried about RB on top of everything else. “You've said that before you know. You always say that. Hav, its me. You need to tell me if anythings wrong before you get yourself shot.”

Havock looked at Jae for a long time. She was stubborn and Jae was right, she wouldn't have told her if she wasn't feeling up to this. Hav thought about what they had been though up until this point. It had been a long mission, and Havock had been through a lot already. But all things considered, she was still breathing, she had all of her limbs and her head only hurt a little at this point.

Havock chewed her bottom lip in the helmet, then spoke in a whisper. “I promise.”

“Huh? I couldn't hear you?” Jae had to snap her head back to Hav she was looking through the binoculars herself when Hav spoke.

“I promise, I'll tell you. If somethings wrong.” Hav's words sounded like they were coming from a child who had just been scolded rather than a stormtrooper. Regardless of how they sounded Havock meant what she said, she wouldn't let her bullheaded self put anyone else in danger.

Jaenna nodded. “Good, you better. You did do a good job catching those Wraith's who tried to invade earlier."

Havock laughed. "Yeah, that was luck I think. And who was that guy the squad leader or something?"

Jae looked at Havock for a second. "Who Joamer? No he's not their SL."

The radio crackled and Ron's voice came through. “All teams, check in.”

Jae touched her helmet and responded to Ron. “W, all clear.”

They heard the other groups reports. “SW, all clear...TC, all clear and bored.”

Both Jae and Hav laughed at Rogueboy's answer. “Excellent, make sure you guys report in any movement. Do not fire without orders. We may have more intel sounds like Iron Horse may have found something out, I'll keep you posted.”

With that everyone shut their comms off and got back to watching for the attack that could come at any moment.

“What do you think is going to happen, Jae?”

The rain was coming down even harder now, it was hard to even make out the tree line much less see any details hidden within it.

“I think we're going to kill a whole bunch of barbarians, maybe even some of their friends.”

Havock pushed Jae's shoulder. “Come on seriously. How bad is this going to be?”

“Its going to be bad, Hav.” Jae's voice was sober and even a little sad. Bad meant more people dieing. More of their squadmates, their friends. They had a plan though. Keep them at the tree line as long as possible then fall back to the town square. If all else failed they had the barricades that had been set up on the north-south road. The roads they were all on were also rigged with detpacks, all the troopers knew where they were and knew better than to accidentally step on one. They would be very useful if they did need to make a mad dash for the town square.

Hav nodded and looked back towards the tree line. “Okay then, let's just make sure its pretty bad for them too.”

Jae chuckled despite herself. “Count on it.”

OOC:
RAIDERS objectives complete. Anyone else who posts before Arn just do not advance the story, k?
Lance Corporal Ayme 'Havock' Katash
RAIDERS Squad | Wildcard Platoon
Vehicle Crewman

TRP|LCPL Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited May 30, 2009 5:33:48 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited May 30, 2009 5:59:02 PM)]
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  113
Total Posts:  425
May 30, 2009 6:49:39 PM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash listened to skies above him roar as they prepared to wage war against all those beneath it, he only hoped that it would not be as devastating as the battle he was going to be involved in. He had been left to defend the town centre, which was now the fall back point, with Rogue who was not able to go out with the others as his injury would prevent him from being able to move fast enough. Karash had set up the E-web and left RB to sit on his make-shift chair and do all the little bits that Karash was not able to do himself; he had been left here with Rogue to shoot anything the E-web didn't as well as help Rogue get the hell out of their when the time came.

"Nurse, oh nurse!" Rogue had been calling Karash that ever since he had been left here to 'look after him'.

"What is it now?" Karash snapped.

"Everything is set up here, I am going to call it in." Rogue was grinning at Karash's clear annoyance at the name calling. "TC, all clear and bored.”

The lightning flashed and the thunder rang out through the village once again and then the rain began to fall on to the floor, it saturated the old buildings and it seemed to wash away some of the filth and make the city look clean. It was not long however before the rain became more fierce and crashed to the ground in great drops and miniature streams began to flow throughout the town centre.

"What is your problem any way?" Rogue asked, seemingly from no where.

Karash was caught a little off guard but pretended not to know what he was talking about "What do you mean?"

"You have been acting like an idiot ever since we had that squad meeting earlier." Rogue said.

Karash knew what he was talking about and it was the revelation of Rogue and Jae's relationship that troubled Karash because he did not think it appropriate for such a relationship to occur, however he also knew it was not the time to discuss such things. "I am just nervous thats all."

"Why, look what happened to me." Rogue said jokingly.

Karash could not help but laugh but soon other questions began to ring out in Karash's head, "Would the outlying defences hold up?", "Would the detpacks work?", "Would the others be able to get back?", "Would Wraith be able to defend their area?" All these and many more floated around and around his head until Rogue spoke once again.

"We will know when they are here because of the explosions, that should take a few out and don't worry." Rogue's words did actually comfort Karash a little.

The thunder clapped once again and seemed to be heralding far greater and far worse things, Karash only hoped that he and the rest of the squad would be able to survive or not die in a horrific way. But he knew that they were the only two options.

TRP/PFC_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  692
Total Posts:  823
May 30, 2009 11:30:42 PM    View the profile of RK 
A deep sigh escaped the lips of the man known as RK, as he let his head slip back and lean against the wall. His mind was starting to slow down, mostly because of the lack of sleep he had sustained, however, now it was slowing because of the cool night air that had engulfed them. It was a calming feeling, especially before the storm .

“Hmm, you ever remember the good ‘ole days Kand?” RK asked, his voice slurred a bit from his slowly detierating consciousness.
“Good ‘ole days? Hah, there was never any good ‘ole days, at least not for us. “ Kand’s voice was slow to speak, probably for the same reason RK’s was.

“Maybe, but before this, before we joined. I mean… what it was like. I remember, or at least I try.”

“Your right, but some of us… never mind. “ His voice paused, as if trying to fight memories he was hoping wouldn’t come up, then he spoke: “Still, there’s no need on reminiscing on this you can’t have what was.” Kand stood up, after doing a final check on the guns, and walked over to take a seat diagonal from where RK was.  He was more aware then his squad mate, RK. Yet, his eyes were slightly glazed over.

“I guess…..” RK’s voice trailed off as his head slumped to the right. He had finally let complacency take over, letting his mind slip and take control.

“RK?” Kand asked, even though he already knew what had happened. He knew he shouldn’t let RK fall asleep, but it didn’t matter. He would wake up in time, but now the rest would do him good.

[ooc]quick post to get back into it.[ooc]
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  217
May 31, 2009 12:12:31 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
And so they waited.

The storm was peaking now, lightning forked across the skies every few seconds, the thunder shook the ground and caused the windows to rattle. The amount of rain coming down was nearly epic, it was hard to breath outside let alone see two feet in front of your face.

Anival and Joamer had retreated inside the nearest house after standing outside in the rain was agreed to be a dumb idea. What remained of the power grid had shut down some time ago, they had simply sighed and switched on night vision when it happened.

Anival was rocking back and forth slowly, with his helmet on he was probably listening to music of some type. Joamer on the other hand had misplaced his helmet some time ago, and was making due with his single-eye headset. Joamer did not say it, but he preferred the headset to the standard issue helmet, you can not breath in those things.

Both troopers jumped as a particularly strong thunder clap rocked the house, seconds later another one answered.

"I am glad those detpacks are shock proof, imagine what would of happened if we set them to go off with vibrations instead of pressure." Anival mumbled half to himself. Joamer grunted as lightning forked across the sky again.

He was sitting in the middle of the room on the left wall, between both doors. He had his DC-15 propped on the wall next to him, and his DLT-20a slanted across his chest. Anival was sitting opposite him with his blaster sitting across his lap.

He glanced at his chrono for the tenth time in as many minutes. It was still set to Tadeth time, and it read 0623. Here, in the ass end of no where it was just after midnight. He had lost track of how many days they had been here, he had lost track of the original objectives. He only knew he was here and now, and that him afraid. He feared loosing himself to this place, to finally breaking down and walking off. Wandering the vastness of this planet with no name, no home, without being himself.

He wondered if the others had begun to feel this way, or was it just him. Was the stress of this campaign effecting only him, or was everyone beginning to snap.

Reaching down without thought his had gripped the beltpack the remains of the tattered doll were sitting in. He doubted anyone else had picked up some random thing off the ground.

He looked around the room slowly. He could almost feel the ghosts circling him, begging him to help them. They could not rest until justice had been served, he wondered if he would live long enough to claim that justice. Or would this curse follow him beyond the grave, would he wonder the after world for all eternity like this. Some half crazed being muttering about a justice not achieved.

A thunder clap shook the house again, and the rain picked up.

When it became still again he still had no answer, but at least, for now, the ghosts had left.
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  806
Total Posts:  1385
June 1, 2009 10:41:29 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
This time they saw lighten running through the clouds in the short distance. Heads turned and watched as the storm was starting to pick up. With the roll of thunder, it was promising to be a bad storm, yet, no one knew if it was for show if it would really rain.

"Great. Adding to everything it's going to rain!" Growled Sam as he approached Saphira. She turned and looked over to him and raised her left eye at him.

"Ease down, we don't know if it will.." She replied as Doc went to tending their wounded. Though, like Sam, she wasn't going to be happy if it rained. They had no real shelter and would be stuck in it. There was no time to even construct something. Not without making too much noise and the lack of proper tools. It was hard enough to have them makeshift a carry gurney only hours before.

"Nothing worse then rain." Brock added.

"Knock it off, you're in armor. It will give some protection.. and this isn't t he worse we have been..." She paused and her lek twitched. "Well, maybe for some of you. Just be glade we're not in the middle of the swamp. Besides, if it does rain it will help hide us in case of an attack."

"Right, but they could still surprise us.." Sam shot back. Doc only looked up as the two stated off on an argument. He only shook his head and went back to tending the wounded.

"You're forgetting something, I can see better in the dark. The rain won't effect me as much as the rest of you. I will be able to see if anything comes up. The ambushes before were only split seconds. This will be different." Her voice was cool and collected as Sam took another step closer towards her.

"Sam. Don't.. She's right.." Brock said and tried to yank him back, but to no avail.

"Why didn't you say something earlier? That could have prevented our causalities and injuries..."

"Because, trooper, It was split second. We have a perimeter now. We are not walking in the woods. I can see better. We have bodies that have eyes in the directions anything could come. So ease off, or would you like to join the injured?" She cocked her head to the left and yanked her blaster back out.

"You wouldn't..." He challenged. Only to have her move with fast precision and shoot right at his feet. Barley missing his right foot. Sam jumped back and she only gave him a serious face.

"Yes.. I would..."

"Saphira... Knock it off.. Sam.. Back down. This is no time for a firefight.. Besides.. I don't want to treat you Sam for a mistake.." Doc yelled over. His back faced to them both. Sam gave a look of surprise as if he knew the shot was from her.

"Yes.. Sir..." He growled and looked at his ASL. Saphira only smiled sweetly before he backed down and Brock approached.

"I don't even want you to go there Brock. I'm not in any mood for your shenanigan's." The Twi'lek growled.

" I wasn't.. Honest." Brock stated. "Just, How did Riq know it was you who fired?"

"He knows me well enough that I will not hesitate to do what must be done. If Sam looses it, best him be wounded and take chances of not making back, then him loosing it in battle and endangering us all."

Brock only nodded and walked off. Her silver eyes piercing him as he joined brock. Nothing doubted her he was telling Sam what she told him. That only made her smiled more as she went back to gazing at the cloud line as Darkness started to overtake them.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  149
June 1, 2009 10:50:21 AM    View the profile of Havock 
Leaning against the foundation of a building, Havock  was tearing into a ration bar. She had taken her helmet off, the humidity in the air was making the inside musty and foggy. There was still no sign of an attack, and neither had there been any sign that the rain intended on letting up. Her hair was soaked and matted down on her face as she bit off a large chunk of the ration bar.

“Mmm, just like roast nerf.”

Jae slowly took her face off of the macrobinoculars and looked at Hav with an eyebrow raised. “Did you hit your head again while I wasn’t looking?”

Havock tore off another large piece of ration bar and chewed. “Nope.”

Jaenna shook her head, and then checked the chrono. It was time for their half hour check in that they had still seen nothing.

“You know what’s weird.”

Jae finished the report then looked back at Hav. “What, the fact that your taste buds can’t tell the difference between nerf and bland ration bar flavor.”

“Ha ha, very funny, and no. It’s weird that the barbarians would play that game with us. Send the attackers here then over there then back here again, each time with greater numbers. Then bam! They're gone without a trace.” Havock wiped the rain from her face and took another bite of the ration bar.

Jae looked at Havock lost in thought for, what seemed like a long time. “Why do you think they would do that?”

Havock shrugged. “It’s just like Rogue was saying before. They are messing with us, throwing us off our game so we screw up. I think that means if they are wearing us down mentally, we must be able to beat them physically. Or why would they bother.”

Havock finished her ration bar and balled up the wrapper, shoving it into a crevasse between some of the boxes. Jae seemed lost in thought, looking back towards the town square.

Havock grabbed her pistols and checked them again. With the rain and moisture the last thing either of them needed was a weapons malfunction when the barbarians did decide to show up. Havock had gotten used to fighting them, she knew them pretty well after being held captive with them. She hadn’t seen much during that time but it gave them a perspective on how they think. Now something that scared her more than seeing the barbarians was seeing someone else attacking them, which she wasn’t prepared for other than a passing thought acknowledging it as a possibility.

“I think your right.” Hav flinched when Jae spoke, it had been so quiet.

“I am?” Havock scoffed. She never would have imagined that she would be any good at tactics, it surprised her that she would actually figure something like that out before Jae.

Jae shook her head as she rubbed her temple, she looked like she wanted to slap Hav but also didn’t want to further injure her at the same time. “Yes Havock, which means they probably are going to make us wait even longer.”

Havock turned to look at the tree line. “No, I don’t think it will be much longer. Doubt they would want to give up fighting in this glorious weather.” Another thought popped into Havock’s head. “Heh, Grahim must be thrilled right now, he loves rain.”

Jae laughed at that, which was a good thing. They needed to break the tension. “Yeah, bet he is.”
Vehicle Crewman

Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  218
June 1, 2009 1:07:23 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer stopped, he starred at the open doorway and counted the feet between himself and it.

Five feet, he thought, Only five small feet.

Instead of taking a step forward he pivoted and did an about face, he continued his pacing. Every repetition he made of the room brought him closer to the door, Anival had noticed this as well, but made no move to stop him. He made another circuit and turned again.

The rain had slackened a bit, but for some time now Joamer was ceaselessly pacing the room, his face a mixture of every emotion possible. He had begun feeling things he had no words for, but not fully. He knew he was on the brink, a simple step forward would push him off that edge into the unknown. If it was his sense of duty that stopped him it was quickly loosing ground, the door was only three feet away now.

He turned again, and walked the other way.

Joamer did not notice Anival hitting his comm and saying softly "Helena, we need you."

He did not hear Helena ask why, something in Anivals voice made it sound urgent. Joamer was pretty much past the point of noticing things, he only continued to pace. He did not know what was happening to him, he knew he was stronger then this, he was a lifer. He has chosen the Corps above anything and everything, he had become a Trooper in body and soul, and now this. Now something as small as a simple glance could bring his world crashing down, in the middle of a campaign no less.

He turned again, he noticed this would be the last time around the room. This would be the moment he decided whether or not he would bring his career to a halt, and go after something else. This would be his lives most difficult decision, whether or not to put one foot out of that door.

He made the rotation around the room and at last came upon the door, for an instant he stopped. In that instant his mind spun out and a million thoughts flickered through his head.

An instant was all it took for Helena to reach them.

He did not notice the salute Anival gave her, or her hand directing him go head to her former position. He only noticed his foot start to make the trip out the door.

He did notice her clearing her throat, the sound was from directly behind him. He froze solid, his foot still up in the air.

"We just received word of Ron being called away." She said so softly it was hard to even hear her, she made her voice sound small and fragile.

Joamer breathed slowly a few times, minutes passed before he turned around. Helena was still looking at her hands, he closed his eyes and continued breathing.

"She is acting SL now. The thought everyone has is that she will be squad leader permanently, as soon as we get back to Tadeth and make it official." Helena said, she raised her head and starred into Joamer's eyes for a long moment.

"Would you jeopardize that for her? Would you risk court marshal or worse for leaving your post? You have an obligation here, with us. In the past few days you have shown the qualities expected of a leader, and to our amazement you have become third in command of this squad. How would it look if you left, what type of image would that leave with the men if they saw you running away?" She said. Slowly she reached out her hand and gripped his chin to pull his eyes down to hers.

"You once said I was the squads heart. I was something they stood around and protected. You have become a pillar of support. If you fall, we fall. All or nothing, do not leave us." She said the last bit with so much emotion Joamer nearly broke down right there.

He was unable to move, he felt her hand leave his chin. His eyes closed slowly as his mind went blank, he could feel the door behind him, how easy it would be to take a step backwards. He reminded himself he never did things the easy way, he walked his own path.

Taking a deep breath he opened his eyes to find Helena gone, and Anival walking through the backdoor. Nodding slowly he walked over to his rifles and sat down.

Leaning against the wall he felt a kind of peace flow over him, from the first moment he had stepped foot on this planet he felt wrong.

Breathing slowly he relaxed, and let the sounds of the world fill his head.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  807
June 1, 2009 1:48:50 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Moments later the first drops of rain started to fall on their heads. A few curses rang out from various members as they slapped their helmets back on. Great.. Making matters worse...

"Saphira..." The familiar voice of Riq rang through as the water beat against the metal. It was starting to rain harder by the minute. Moving she walked over to where Doc was and half crouched as he signaled two troopers to take their injured near the craft.

"Yes Sir?" She replied as beads of water smacked against her forehead and ran down her face. The water was cold and deep down she knew if they didn't do something, they were going to freeze. Most importantly were their injured who were more exposed to the elements. They may not die by an enemy, but from the damned planet by this rate..

"I ordered several to find what they could to make a shelter. We can't make too much noise, as we need the firepower for later on." he replied dryly. yet She got the feeling that there was something more going on in the way he was talking. Something she could sense that tingled on the edge of her lek.

"Well, we have the ship. There's metal and we have some branches we can use to hold it up. Everyone knows enough, but there's still that chance-"

"I'm done Saph.." Doc replied as soon as the others were out of earshot. She blinked and waited for a moment.

"Sir? If its about what I did to Sam -"

"No.. It's not that. I'm done with the Army. After this is over I'm leaving. Retiring for the good of the Squad. You will be taking my place Striker."

Her jaw dropped as the words sunk in. Standing up she yanked him to his feet and wanted to slap him around. He had to be loosing it. Yea.. that was it.

"Sir.. No. You can't be serious.. You're a legend around the Army. You can't leave... and.. I'm not a leader..."

"Yes you are. Though rough on the side, you pushed your troopers to make it here. You risked your life to save two of our own at the start of this.." He stated with a smile as his hair went from drenched to soaked.

"That's everyone's job -"

"Saph, sense you joined, back in Eclipse I had a feeling about you. Even though you drove me to the edge of insanity, you did your job. You don't take shit from others even in the most tense of situations. It's why you were made ASL, and why it's time for new blood to be a leader. You have a chance to lead this squad back to greatness that it was once a long time ago."

She stood in shock, not even paying attention to the others making a shelter to rid out the rain. Her body was numb. Numb from both the cold and the shock of what he said. In that moment she flashed back to her first days and him writing her up. The time Doc had to patch her arm because of accidents with weapons. Even the time he swore he would be afraid if she ever became a Squad Leader. Now, here he was, telling her she was going to be that leader. It was a chance that not many had, and her years of growing with the army, she never thought it possible.

"Sir.. I. I can't..."

"Yes.. You can... and Will. Before the mission even started I had set papers in and you were selected to be my replacement. Your a damned good Leader and you never realised it. Even dealing with the tense situations With Sam, you did what needed to be done." He placed a hand on her shoulder as the crack of thunder blossomed overhead. Of all things she wasn't expecting this. Not now and why now?

"Doc.. I..."

"Just shut up before I change my mind. No one will know until after we all get out of here. Until the meantime... It's still the same.." He winked a her and walked off to help the others make a shelter and try to come up with a way to keep everyone warm. saphira only stood in the rain looking past it. Much like the future, she couldn't see anything in the rain wraps and wind.

Just like my future... I guess I have to accept it.. For now..

Saphira thought and turned on a heel to walk back and help the others. Her boots squishing into the mud and grass as she had plenty to think of.

Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

Post Number:  403
Total Posts:  462
June 2, 2009 6:43:54 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
A new layer of rain plummeted from the dark sky, landing in thick droplets and creating pools of water within minutes. By now there was hardly a patch of green not being drowned by the endless streams flowing from uphill. Even the cockpit of the crashed ship filled up. Urakai removed his helmet for a few brief moments as he embraced the rain. Memories of non-stop rainy days swelled up in his mind but were swiftly disconnected from his thoughts as he was brought back to the present.

“Urak,” Sam called, lifting a small log to support their makeshift roof, “Give us a hand, will ya?”

Urakai responded with a nod as he dropped his helmet in a pool of mud and gripped the log from underneath. Simultaneously, two troopers lifted the roof as Sam and Urakai placed the log in a small hole in the ground, and then attached the roof. It wasn’t bad, what they had constructed within a few minutes, though it was mainly composed of thick leaves and dried up old branches.

“Not bad at all.” Saph commented, moving from their squad leader to the small hut-like shelter. “Move the wounded first.”

Draco slightly shook his head, “I’m fine, if others-”

Urakai stepped onto the scene, cutting him off, “Draco, others aren’t half as dinged up as you. Besides, we’ll have more space up soon. Now if you’d please…” He pointed the way to the shelter.

Draco simply limped out of the rain, passing Bar and Brock hauling the broken legged man onto a dry patch. Sam was extending the roof with more of the thick leaves collected earlier.

Checking his E-11 wasn’t clogged or water was in the clip, Urak mentioned that he’d check the perimeter.

“Before you go,” Doc stopped him, “the one with the broken leg can’t go on like that. His leg needs to be bent back into place.”

Urak turned around to see the bitter faced trooper with his arms crossed under the shelter. Even with the rising racks of thunder, Urakai heard every word Riq said and heeded it, coming from an experienced Medic. He shifted his course and turned back towards the shelter, his face grimacing as his new challenge stared him straight in the eye with a warning glare. Once out of the pouring rain, Brock saw Urak and moved towards him.

He then stood next to him, leaning in to his ear, “Please tell me you have some sedatives. He’s driving me crazy…”

A smirk made its way onto Urakai’s face as the trooper lifted his good leg out of a puddle and raised his rifle to chest height.

“I know what you’re gonna do…” he grunted, “Well I can tell you, my leg STAYS on me! No one is taking it off.!”
Brock gave a brief laugh, noting the hours of pain had taken its toll on his mind.

Urak took a step forward, his hand fidgeting through his medpack, “It’s okay, your leg isn’t coming off. I’m just gonna fix it. I have some pain killers here-”

A murderous stare halted him from saying anymore as the Alpha trooper raised his rifle higher, “They’ll fix it when we get back, just a bacta tank will do! So get away from me you arsehole!”

The medic and Brock turned heads to each other, the humour now deserted from their eyes. Urakai couldn’t help but think damn this guy’s annoying I swear if he says anything more-

The man was now visibly getting riled up, “I said go! We had a job to do and we did it so when we get back I’ll be fine! I’m not letting anyone touch me, especially some freaking kid with a few stims-”

Kid…… that’s it! There was nothing more Urak hated than being underestimated. With a glance, Brock understood and together, the two quickly dropped to the ground and grabbed his arms and legs, disabling his ability to retaliate. With a hint of agitation, the man’s leg was grabbed, and with three short thrusts, and quite a number of suppress groans, a snap echoed through the site and his bone was fitted back into place.

“Thanks.” Urak nodded at Brock, who slowly let go of the trooper.

Standing up, Urakai dropped a painkiller stim in the man’s lap and walked back out into the heavy rain. Another blue streak ripped through the air and was followed by a piercing crackle. In the few split seconds, he quickly surveyed the area and went to pick up his helmet. Where his helmet was originally, Saphira was now standing, holding it up for him to take. With a slight smirk she slowly shook her head.

Retrieving it from her hands, Urakai shrugged, “What..?. He shouldn’t have called me a kid…”
Senior Sergeant Urakai

Iron Horse Squad
TRP/SSGT Urakai/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1652
Total Posts:  2089
June 2, 2009 9:55:13 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
“What the hell are you doing?” Karash asked while he stared at Rogueboy who was rummaging through what appeared to be a storage area in the back.

The clanging of glass reached Karash ears while Rogueboy stumbled into view holding a case of beer with one hand and his crutch with the other while a huge smile was pasted on his face.  “You’re not seriously going to drink that are you?” Karash asked in disbelief.

“Watch me.” Answered Rogue before hastily asking. “You want one?”

“I’ll pass, for all you know that beer is expired.” Karash said in the hopes of dissuading Rogueboy.

“That’s a common misconception; beer does not expire only the carbonation does.” Rogue said while he sat down and attempted to twist the cap off. “Who the hell makes pops instead of twists in this day and age?” RB asked no one in particular.

Karash went to go rummage in the same room Rogue was and returned with a bottle of wine. “You missed this, and I’ll drink this.”

“You can have it; I’ll take my piss over your blood.” Rogue said referring to the colour of the liquids.

Using the flat surface of the window RB brought down the beer bottle so that only the cap would take the blow and after a few unsuccessful attempts he managed to open the top. “Muahahahah!” RB mock laughed in an evil tone, causing Karash to snort.

“How in blazes do I get this open?” Karash asked.

“Salvage a bottle opener, check the kitchen.” Rogue said while he took a sip of his beer which was still carbonated.

Karash heard Rogue let out a belch while he checked every single drawer for a corkscrew. “There’s nothing here.” He finally announced.

“Step aside rookie, can you bring my beer while I hobble my crippled ass over?” Rogue asked while Karash nodded and moved over. “Sorry, I just don’t want to spill it.”

“No problem, as long as I don’t have to wipe your ass.” Karash said.

“Fair enough, if you have to start wiping my ass, you have my permission to put me down.” Rogue stated. There was a sink in the kitchen that had running water and a quick test showed that the house has heated water. “Bring me the laces of one of the shoes that are in the closet at the entrance.”

After Karash brought the shoe RB ran the bottle of wine under cold water. Removing the laces from the shoe Rogue made a circle around the bottle, tightening the circle gave him some lace to play with. Using his left hand and then the right one Rogue rubbed the lace against the bottle. Running the bottle under extremely hot water Rogue repeated the process before running it under cold water.

After a few more minutes of this Rogueboy grabbed the top of the bottle and snapped it off, much to Karash’s surprise. “I learned this in boot camp when we stole a bottle of wine from the DI, one of the other guys lived with an ex-soldier who taught him that. It was so worth the five hundred push ups he made us do.” Karash chuckled.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP][CCA][SC]

Clearly Canadian!
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  809
June 2, 2009 11:29:02 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Well, you are a kid!" She replied still grinning from ear to ear. Even though the man was cursing about what they did, he'd be grateful later on. Urak gave her a glare and she stared right back.

"Hey, I am not!" He shot back with annoyance.

"Not from what I just heard." She chuckled and Urak turned and started to lift his blaster. It didn't even get that far when her hand shot forward and she grabbed the weapon and spun it until he dropped it.

"Yea.. You are.. I wouldn't try that again. Everyone is tired and annoyed. Don't make me shoot you so There's one less to worry about.." She replied with a grin on her face still. Urak was rubbing his hand as he picked his blaster up off the ground and shook off a little mud.

"That wasn't nice.." he replied and aimed the blaster off in the distance. He shot it off a few times to make sure it still worked and it nearly made everyone else do it.

"Urak.. Don't! We don't want un wanted attention by that!" Sam yelled off from behind. Doc only shook his head and Saph just stood there while the rain batted down on their heads.

" I had to make sure it worked.. and if it does. Bring it on! It beats standing here in the wet rain and freezing to death."

"We won't freeze.." Doc replied and grabbed one of her guys flamethrower weapons. Saphira blinked and knew what he was going to do. Damn.. Wish I had that earlier...

"Uh, Sir? Do you think that is going to be wise? I mean you just said that Urak shouldn't have shot off the blaster." Sam said as their injured trooper with the leg shivered as the pain killer started to make him relax.

"This is a little different. And we already have a pit made large enough that the metal covering it will give enough heat to keep everyone warm and the injured alive. With luck the rain will stop soon. There's so much going on I doubt smoke will be a bother to any enemy in the area."

Saphira nodded and ran to catch up with a few others as they picked up broken wet branches and other things that would burn. Nothing would survive the flamethrower and it was a hope they needed. Even her own body was starting to shiver. So for the next thirty minutes they gathered wood and fixed a pit with part of a broken panel of metal. It was near enough the makeshift shelter that it would keep them warm enough.

"Alright everyone. get back!" Doc said and aimed the weapon at the drenched wood and switched it on. It took only several seconds and they had a fire brewing. The rest of the troopers continued to find anything that would burn as on occasion one would use the thrower to keep it lit from the drenched wood if it started to die down.

"Well, I can say this now. There's always a use for our weapons..." Saph replied with a grin as she went over for her turn to warm up.

StarFruit
ComNet Initiate

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  799
June 2, 2009 4:06:48 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
“Havock, stay here for a few minutes.” Jaenna’s voice rang softly through the cramped area of the room, eyes still stuck to the visual ports of the macro-Binoculars. “It’s clear out side, and I haven’t heard anything on the Com for a while.” She sighed and stood, placing the ‘noculars next to Havock before turning around heading for the back door of the building. Then, with a small gasps, as if remembering something, she placed a hand on the door frame, and turned to face her best friend, nright sea-foam eyes flashing with a new sense of authority and care. “I’m going out to wash up. This… gore is making me sick.” Shaking her head, she chuckled softly, then continues speaking. “Keep watch, and if I don’t come back in three minutes, or contact you over com, send somebody to look for me. But ONLY if one of those two options don’t happen. I don’t want you looking for me yourself, hun.”

Jaenna knew that Havock would want to go her own, but Jae knew that the girl needed rest, and with Jaenna now acting Squad Leader, she was going to take care of her friends. They were more than her friends though. They were the weapons of flesh and blood for the empire.  Jaenna needed to make sure nothing happened to them… The switch between command was so sudden, too. Ron was called back to HQ on Tadath for retirement. This left the ASL as acting SL. Meaning Jae obviously now had command. The thought frightened her, but she also viewed it as her chance. If she did well, the PC would choose her as the permanent Squad Leader.

That wouldn’t happen, though, if she let anything happen to her troopers.

With a smile directed at Havock, Jaenna exited the building through the door in front of her, brining her to the back of the house like structure. There was an overhang, keeping her dry from the not-so-heavy-now torrent of rain that continued to buffet the small village. The Corporal looked up and smiled at the forest surrounding the village. The trees looked overly happy to finally be getting some rain. They had been waiting during the blood bath. Watching the barbarians blow the head off of one of Jaenna’s trooper. The new one no less. Those trees… they even watched as the Storm Troopers from Wraith and RAIDAERS struggled to stop themselves from being crippled. It truly was a struggle. Odd thing was… Even as the trees, now finally being able to drink from the succulent water falling from the sky at such a wonderful rate, felt sorry for the young Corporal, Jaenna felt sorry for herself. Most of the rest of her squad mates had been injured in some way. She on the other hand…

Jaenna hadn’t one significant injury. The Corporal almost felt obligated to be injured after something like that. Yeah, she had aches and pains, but nothing too serious.

She ran a hand through her hair as she sighed softly. Within minutes, she had removed the white plastoid armor, leaving her in a tight cami and a pair of tight-female-esque boxers. Staying under the over hang, she began to clean the gore and dirt from her armor, wanting the pristine glisten of the white back. Normally, being covered in gore wasn’t a problem for her, but today for some reason… it was different. It was making her sick, making her mind rear back try to throw her off board. It was odd, she ahd to admit, but this was the best way to deal with it.

The rain continued coming down, steadily rinsing the Imperial armor of the nasty.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

ASL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
[Cor]

"I found the cure to happiness. Too bad it's an illegal substance."
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  219
June 2, 2009 4:47:18 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer had gotten bored from sitting inside the house with only Anival for company. Standing up, he picked up his DC-15 and slipped the sling around his shoulders. Leaving the DLT-20a against the wall he walked towards the back door.

Anival spoke up so suddenly it caused him to stop before taking the step outside into the rain. "You are not doing what I think you are doing, are you?"

"I am tired of this house, I am going to go climb the roof and play scout for awhile." Joamer said, turning around he walked out into the rain filled night.

Anival mumbled something about monkeys and sighed.

Joamer walked outside and breathed deeply, he had always liked the smell of rain. Walking slowly he looked up at the roof and mumbled to himself. The front of the house faced the forest, so the backside of the roof gave him plenty of cover to setup a location to watch over the village. Problem he figured, was the steep angle the roof had.

Tapping his chin a few times he reached into one of the containers on his belt and pulled out a scaled down version of the grappling spike launcher. The liquid cable reservoir could only fire ten meters worth of cable, luckily he had thought to bring two of the launchers.

Spinning the cable reservoir to take the safety off he brought the launcher up and fired it two feet below the peak of the roof, luckily the angle was not off and the spike embedded itself into the rain drenched oak.

Clipping the launcher to his belt he quickly scaled the side of the house, and continued to the top of the roof. Gripping the cable with one hand he reached into his belt and pulled out a spare grappling hook. Reaching his right arm out he brought his hand down in a fast motion, the force was enough to drive the hook into the rooftop, spinning the end he engaged the spikes to hold the hook in place.

Quickly making a harness from the cable he attached the free end to the hook and tested his weight on it, the grapples creaked slightly but held firm.

Pulling his DC-15 from his back he edged forward to the top of the roof and scanned the country side for a long several minutes. He flipped through several scan modes on his scope, but found nothing.

Sliding down so his head was below the top of the roof he turned around on his back and began scanning the village itself, he slid his view slowly from house corner to house corner. Trying to find anything out of the ordinary. Finding nothing on his side of the village he zoomed in and began scanning the Raiders end.

Playing with the zoom he found what appeared to be one of the houses they were using as shelter, he nodded slowly as he examined their defenses.

Seeing a flash of something out of the corner of his eye he zoomed in and spun the rifle to the left, his finger stroked the trigger guard as he ran calculations in his head and switched scan modes on his scope. Flipping the power settings, and turning the safety off he prepared to fire when a flash of white caught his attention. Waiting for a long moment he muttered as he recognized storm trooper armor.

Flipping the safety on he watched the armor move back and forth in the rain, moments later the owner of said armor moved into view and Joamer muttered. Watching a moment more Joamer spun the rifle around and resumed scanning the village.

Feeling playful Joamer flipped frequencies on his comm link and activated it, he knew this a somewhat private channel, he said slowly "You know, you truly have to be a crazy Raider to wash armor in rain, in the middle of a war zone."

He knew only Havock and Star had heard him, hours before they all had shared frequencies being used, and the names of the people using what frequency. In the middle of a battle only hearing the person you were with instead of seven others helped when you were three streets apart.

Joamer heard his comm link click and a angry voice said "You are going to pay for that."

The rain continued to fall as Joamer laughed for the first time in many days.
StarFruit
ComNet Initiate

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  174
Total Posts:  799
June 2, 2009 5:49:42 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
The com clicked and Jaenna’s face switched from content, to quite confused. Then, her face when from confused to a playful anger as the voice chimed in; the Corporal recognized it instantly. It was the Senior Sergeant from Wraith squad. The one that had made quite a few attempts to flirt with now suddenly SL before the slaughter house happened not too long ago. Jaenna grumbled to herself and sighed as she finished washing up the last grieve of her plastoid, imperial white armor. Right after the grieve was cleaned of it’s filth, Jaenna pulled all of the pieces of armor back on after whipping them down with the towel she had brought outside with her, and stepped back out into the rain, looking up at the building’s, searching for where the Wraith trooper would have a good enough vantage point as to have seen Jaenna Caldwin almost wearing nothing.

A slick smile spread across her face in from behind the helmet’s visor. Chuckling softly, she bent down and picked up a good sized rock from next to her feet and straightened herself back up again, the smirk never leaving her face. Jae chuckled again and clicked on the com link, saying rather evilly, “You are going to pay for that.”

The Corporal heard the Senior Sergeant laugh through the com and smiled softly to herself. ’This is going to be funny.’ Without a second thought, Jae lifted her arm and quickly hefted the rock at a rather amazing speed towards the Wraith trooper. Of course, she had thrown it with her right arm, the cybernetics within the synthetic flesh working very well with the motion of the throw, giving the small golf ball sized rock plenty of power and speed. Hopefully, though, it wouldn’t hurt Joamer.

“What the hell was that?!” She heard Jo yell through the com, after having heard the rock hit the roof with a rather loud ‘thud’. She knew it didn’t hit him though. He would have yelled even louder if it had, and the sound of the impact would have been different as well, especially if it had hit one of the four parts of cybernetics the Wraith trooper had on his body.

Jaenna chuckled and clicked her com on. “What’s the matter, Jo? Can’t take the payback?”

“You through a rock at me!”

She chuckled again. “You’re a storm trooper, Jo. You get worse shit thrown at you than that every day.”

The Senior Sergeant silently agreed as she chuckled softly, once again looking through his scope to take a look at the newly designated, temporary SL. “Hey, Jaenna. Where’s Havock?

Before Jaenna could answer, the com link clicked in to both Jaenna and Joamer. “Oh my gosh! Jaenna has been gone for more than three minutes! Joamer! You have to try and scope her out! She forbade me from looking for her myself!” The panicked Havock yelled through the com. Both Jaenna and Joamer laughed as Jaenna clicked her com on.

“I’m fine, Hav. I was playing around with Jo. No need to worry. I’m coming back in now. This rain is getting heavy again.” The flash of lighting that struck right after words proved her point as a much stronger torrent began to fall upon the two squads and the blood stained village.

Jaenna heard Hav chuckle through the com before the Lance Corporal said, while giggling, “Oh. Sounds dirty. I thought you were going outside to clean your armor.”

Joamer began to choking on saliva as Jaenna almost shouted into the com in confusion and slight disgust. “Ayme Katash! You know that I am with Rogue!” She chuckled softly and clicked the com off. Only to hear it click again to hear Havock laughing her ass off. Sighing, Jaenna turned to look back up to the roof that Joamer was on. She raised a hand to him and waved before she turned around and went back inside to kick Havock in the ass for making the joke she had.

Tonight was about relaxing. That is until the PC decided to give the new objectives.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

ASL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
[Cor]

"I found the cure to happiness. Too bad it's an illegal substance."
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  150
June 2, 2009 6:33:19 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock was laying her head against the wall of the building they were taking shelter in. Leave it to Jae to be practical and decide to go inside rather than stay out at the barricade in the rain. Havock could hear the drops hitting the building around her.

Hav's private com crackled and she could hear something that sounded like laughter on the other end. She lazily opened her eyes and rubbed them to wake up completely. Leaning over, Havock raised her eyebrow as she listened to the continued snickering.

The signal was coming from Karash's com, he must have turned it on to her frequency by accident. Although making a mistake really didn't sound like Karash. Taking a deep breath Havock punched her com and responded in a not very happy voice. “What do you need, Karash?”

“We just were curious, have you injured yourself yet today?” After that there was a series of 'shoosh' sounds and continued snickering, she also heard something about a bet and owing someone credits.

Havock rubbed her face, she was way too tired for this. “No, why would you think that.”

She heard a scuffle then a loud 'Ow'. “The nurse here said that you couldn't last five minutes alone without breaking something.”

Havock rolled her eyes and let her fist drop to the floor. You have got to be kidding me.

Listening to the two of them continue to argue and giggle. She finally broke back into the conversation. “Do me a favor, Rogueboy. Tell your nurse I'm not injured, and to stop drinking now so we can use that for antiseptic. After I get a hold of you two, you're going to need it.” With that she clicked the connection off and put her head back against the wall to continue to rest her tired eyes.

Not a second later her eyes snapped open, she whipped her arm up to look at her chrono. Oh good, Jae has one more minute. Havock looked back towards the door on the opposite side of the room she was in. There was no sign of Jae and the rain was picking up.

The com cracked again. If this is Kar and RB again I'm going to shoot something. "You know, you truly have to be a crazy Raider to wash armor in rain, in the middle of a war zone." Havock raised an eyebrow, Joamer? She remembered the member of Wraith's she seemed to keep running into today.

Havock wasn't sure why but the thought of him watching Jae really irritated her. She wasn't really thinking about it as she got up and started to set the scope on her sniper rifle. “Hey Joamer, whats your 20?” Havock asked absently.

“Havock, about fifty meters east of you, on a roof top. Why?”

Hav was muttering as she turned the dials, “fifty meters...hmm.” throwing the rifle on her back she started to walk towards the entrance. “Copy that.”

“You are going to pay for that.” Hav skidded to a halt just before crossing the threshold. Then she smirked and nodded waiting just a few more seconds. “What the hell was that?!” She got em. Satisfied Havock walked back inside and set the rifle down. Then paused wondering exactly what she was going to do with it in the first place. Bah I wasn't really going to hurt him, much. That thought made her chuckle to herself. Then she realized how much time had passed, and looked at her chrono.

Panicking slightly, Hav clicked the com back to Joamer's frequency. “Oh my gosh! Jaenna has been gone for more than three minutes! Joamer! You have to try and scope her out! She forbade me from looking for her myself!”

Havock breathed a sigh of relief as Jae's voice came over the com. “I’m fine, Hav. I was playing around with Jo. No need to worry. I’m coming back in now. This rain is getting heavy again.”

Playing around with Jo, eh? Havock said some things over the com that sent Jae running into the room full speed ready to attack Hav. She dodged and laughed at Jae. “Did you just call me Ayme? I'm sorry but I'm going to have to kill you now.”

Jae crossed her arms. “Why does that bother you...Ayme?”

Hav nodded slowly. “Yep, well time to die.” Hav lunged at Jae who side stepped then twisted and kicked Hav square in the butt. She stumbled and almost fell, more from the laughter than the kick.

Jae was laughing but held up her hands. “Okay, okay truce.”
Vehicle Crewman

BARman
ComNet Initiate

BARman

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  138
June 2, 2009 11:29:51 PM    View the profile of BARman 
BARman sat by the fire, inspecting his flame carbine, and loading a new cartridge in the weapon. After snapping the new cartridge into place, BARman removes his armor, one component at a time, and begins to patch up the various bits of damage it has taken thus far in the mission.

As he works on his armor, he can hear some whispering among the other troopers as they look at his uniform. While he was wearing the same identifying flashes and such as the rest of the squad, however the object of their interest were the set of pilot's wings which he was wearing. While some of them knew that he had been in the Navy at one point, few of them knew that he had been a pilot. Finally one of the soldiers sitting there asks him.

"what are the wings for? and why did you leave that branch?"

OOC:
post incomplete, will add to tomorrow.
Private Crene Crith
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/PVT_BARman/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath [SCA]
Retired
Crewman Crene Crith
RET/CRW_BARman/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Arnaut
ComNet Marshal

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  883
Total Posts:  903
June 3, 2009 2:47:40 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
Old objectives should be complete. If not, well, they are now

Day 06
05.45, Abandoned Village

The sky faded to a murky gray, hinting at the dawn to come. The cold mountain air made Arnaut’s breath come in mists as he jogged across the town’s square. The village still had that same, eerie quietness about it, especially at such an early hour, but Arnaut had gotten used to it. Mostly. There was a sense of disquiet on the whole town. What had happened to the people? What had made them leave?

The empty windows stared out at him like sockets in a skull. He shivered as he me their gaze. He had the distinct feeling of eyes on the back of his neck. Maybe the inhabitants hadn’t left at all. Maybe they’d—

No! No. He shook away the thoughts. There was no need to be jumping at ghosts when the real enemy was right on top of them. Even so, the hairs on the back of his neck refused to fall the entire way to the head quarters.

The inn they had appropriated as HQ was nothing much to look at. Certainly nothing the casual observer would define as the headquarters of any military undertaking. It’s front windows had been smashed in years past and then boarded over. The upper level windows were completely gone. Arnaut waved at the two sentries half-immersed in the dark frames. In the dim light, all he could make out were their pearly white scout helmets.

Everyone was already there. If Arnaut hadn’t been touring the defenses, he would’ve been the first there. As it was, he was last. He nodded coolly to his squad leaders as he entered: Ron, Kanderin, Riqimo. They sat at the command table on a set of mismatched chairs that Sorin had requisitioned from nearby houses. The other men around the table didn’t even look up. Sorin and Sorin’s aide, Lieutenant Mathus, leader of the remaining Army Platoon, and Mathus’ comm officer sad huddled around the comm box, staring at it intensely. All that came out was white noise.

“This is...wonderful. Glad I came,” Arnaut said, already turning around.

“Sit the frig down,” grumbled Sorin, finally looking up. “And don’t make me shoot you.”

Arnaut held up his hands defensively. “I don’t know what you Alpha men do for pastimes, but in my world, the real world, listening to static over the radio doesn’t even make the top ten.” Sorin gave him a look and pushed a seat toward Arnaut. He took it, but not without grumbling.

“We received a message from command, sir, about half an hour ago,” the comm tech said promptly. He kept his eyes on the machine as if taking them away for a second to look at Arnaut would ruin the entire process.

“And it said...?” The comm tech shushed him. Shushed him. He was about ready to slap the man when the static began to break.

‘...Blade, Blade, this is...repeat: this....”

Static.

“...this is Iris Command, do you copy? I repeat: Blade, this is Iris Command, do you copy?”

“Loud and clear,” the comm tech replied.

“Finally. Damn atmospherics have...our communications for the better part of the week. Still...trouble but we’re managing to...signals. You...last...”

“Say again, Iris?”

“You were the last unreachable signal. We’ve managed to contact every other...yours. You’ve been a dead line for days....Completely unreachable.” The members at the table passed uneasy glances. Atmospherics disrupted comms. They didn’t make them go completely dead. It would take jamming technology to do that, technology that simple barbarians wouldn’t have.

“Status report?” the man on the other end asked after a moment.

“We’ve completed primary objectives and are holding position. Requesting permission to return to base. Hostile threat is imminent.”

“That’s a negative, Blade. Remain...position until...and...completed...secondary objectives...”

“Iris? Iris Command, you’re breaking up?” There was a wash of static, and then nothing. The comm tech looked at the box  for a moment and then gave it a strong hit with his fist. Nothing happened.

“So what now?” Ron asked, somewhat hesitantly.

“Now? Now, we wait,” Sorin said and made his way for the door.

“Hey. Hey! Wait up!” Arnaut skidded to a halt next to Sorin. His breath came out as rapid, nebulous mists.

“I don’t need to talk to you.” Sorin tried to push past Arnaut, but the Wildcard Platoon leader grabbed him by the arm and pulled him up short.

“What do you know that you’re not telling us? They mentioned secondary objectives in there. I didn’t realize we had any, and from the looks of the other people, neither did they.”

“It’s none of your business,” Sorin growled, and shoved Arnaut bodily aside. Arnaut opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it. The army troopers who had been milling around in the street watched teh confrontation with wide eyes. When Arnaut glanced at them, they hurried back to their work on the defenses. He took one last look at Sorin as the scout commander stalked off before heading in the other direction, toward his unfinished inspection of the barricades.

They caught their first glimpse of the enemy on their third day in the village. Eight days after their undertaking, and four days after they’d been expecting to turn around and head back. It was supposed to be a four day mission. A quick jog into the mountains to clear out a minor threat. The size of the Army contingent should’ve thrown him off. They didn’t just send battalions on milk runs all the time. There was a war going on.

The barbarians should’ve been an indication too. The supposedly harmless natives had turned out to be eight foot tall monstrosities of men. They were out there. Arnaut could see the shadows moving in the treeline, a few hundred feet from the edge of the village. Even behind the makeshift barricade, with armed troopers on all sides of him, he didn’t feel safe.

What were they doing? What were they planning?

“Should we shoot at them?” an Army trooper next to Arnaut asked. There was a slight quiver in his voice that made Arnaut cringe. These men were on the brink of terror, barely holding on. They weren’t going to be effective fighting units, when the time came.

“Save the ammo,” Arnaut replied tersely. He turned to leave, seeing if he would have a better vantage point of the enemy from the other barricades. One of the troopers stood up pointing though.

“There setting up something!” He cried, pointing frantically. Arnaut grabbed his macrobinoculars and took a look. Sure enough they were setting up something. In the predawn light, they just looked like lumpy pillars. Shadowy figures lifted them off the ground, pulling them upright in a large line. There were at least a hundred, if not more. Arnaut still couldn’t make out what they were, though. Only when morning came did they truly find out what had been set up.

The pillars were Imperial soldiers, impaled on poles and left to rot within view of the village. They still had their uniforms on, and their faces were contorted into masks of pain. A message – a warning – of what was to come. Suddenly, Antus’ non-appearance made a whole lot more sense.

“We have to take them down,” Kanderin said. “It’s screwing with the men.”

Arnaut said nothing, letting the rain patter down on his armor as he knocked on the door. There was a flash of lightning, illuminating the darkness of the street for a moment before returning it back to normal. At night, in the storm, the windows were even creepier, Arnaut thought.

“Did you hear me?” Kanderin asked.

“There’s nothing we can do,” Arnaut replied, knocking again.

“But we have to. For their sakes, if nothing else. They deserve better.”

“And we can’t give them better. It’s too risky. Anyone sent out there would be cut down, or shot down. I’m not wasting men.”

“Then send the army soldiers. Send Mathus.”

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that,” Arnaut warned, and pounded on the door. Midway through his third swing, the door opened up wide revealing Sorin’s grim face. Light spilled out from the inn onto the street.

“We’re under attack. You’re going the wrong way.” He placed on his helmet, stepped out into the rain, and took off into the night. Kanderin and Arnaut stared after him.

“You see? It doesn’t even matter now. In a few hours time, we’ll be just as dead as they are.” Arnaut grinned under his helmet and patted Kanderin on the arm. “Cheer up!” He took off after Sorin, leaving Kanderin standing in the illuminated

“That’s not reassuring!” Kanderin called after him.

OOC:
It’s night on the eighth day (Day 08). It’s raining. It’s lightning...ing... We’re under attack.

Since you people seem to like running and gunning, objectives are pretty straightforward (for now ). All squads are to use the points they wrote about in their last objectives to deny a strong enemy advance into the city. It’s all barbarians now, but it’s a lot of them. Keep them at arm’s length, and don’t let them in. This’ll be the beginning of the end, so write like you’ve never written before!

Iron Horse is back in the village. You'll be covering the Army contigent in the north part of the village. The other two of y'all will cover your respective sides. Remember, Wraith have mortars, Raiders have sniper rifles. Put them to good use.

Also, on a point more of you might enjoy, scores will be up sometime. Sometime soon-ish, hopefully (today, tomorrow, etc.) but 'sometime' covers all my bases. So, yeah, look forward to that.

First Sergeant Arnaut
PC/1SG Arnaut/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. " - Terry Pratchett
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Cadet

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  298
Total Posts:  1075
June 3, 2009 3:38:57 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival clutched his E-11, it was a well known, weapon, moderate accuracy, moderate damage, moderate everything, Anival didn’t really have a favorite weapon, but he preferred the Modified Y-23 blaster Rifle. A weapon not much known to imperials, or barely known for that matter, however it was identical to E-11 in appearance.

Anival sighed, and looked at the approaching shadows, he could practically feel electricity in the air. Blaster fire erupted from somewhere to the right, not close, but not far. Anival leveled his blaster and fired three shots, only one of the bolts found their mark.

“So keep the enemy out, easy enough to say, whole different thing to do.” muttered Anival.

Joamer just muttered and fired from his sniper rifle.

Anival directed a look at the mortar troopers.

“If anybody can  get forty confirmed hits, I will run armor less. And naked through the whole camp, after this is over of course.”

Anival grinned he was sure no one would get the forty mark, and he was also sure they wouldn’t survive the campaign.

“I just hope they don’t have armors.” said one of the mortars.

Anival nodded, and got in a different position.

“Thank whatever god’s there are for armor.” sighed Anival, as a bolt glanced off his shin armor, leaving a small dent behind.

Anival looked out into the night, something was flying towards Joamer, a head and a something fleshy that Anival didn’t recognize, Anival noticed Joamer duck, the head soared past him, the fleshy projectile hit home.

Anival turned on his comm. “Joamer? You alright?”

Joamer sputtered, and spoke through gritted teeth, “I shouldn’t have ducked the head, I got the other end.”

Anival burst out in laughter, by the sound’s coming from the com he wasn’t the only one that found Joamer’s situation funny, then Anival sobered and realized that Joamer’s unwanted snack was a pair of their own men, Anival couldn’t help it, a pair of their own men, he started laughing again.

More bolts rained from above, Anival ducked.

I should have picked a better place to defend, thought Anival.

The area Anival had chosen to defend, offered enough protection to shoot and get shot at, as a result Anival spent most of the time ducking.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  220
June 3, 2009 4:10:05 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer watched the enemy emerge from the forest and start setting up stakes. He did not tell anyone this, because unlike most of the others he could tell exactly what they were doing. He could see the heads of men being impaled, he could see the barbarians jump up and down and laugh. He finger rubbed the firing stud of his DC-15 slowly, he could open fire right now. That is what they wanted though, they wanted an excuse to charge, to maim, to get in close. Joamer wanted this as well.

Joamer readjusted his position on the roof and checked the makeshift harness he had built. Seeing it was still secure he leaned his head down and looked out of his scope. Flipping the power settings he began running calculations and searching for a target. Breathing slowly he relaxed into his shot, he watched as his target stepped forward and with a mighty hurl threw two objects in his general direction.

He ducked at the last instant, narrowly missing the severed head that rolled off his back and down to the street below. He did not miss the second object, one that slammed hard into his face. He felt it slide down his nose over his mouth and onto the roof, where it continued to roll to the street below.

He ignored the sudden laughing coming from his squad, he ignored the thought of what that was that hit him. Wiping his face with the edge of the blanket he had rolled up to use as a chest support he gripped the hose of his hydrapak and bit down on the nozzle, sucking in a mouth full of the water he spit it out, then sucked in another mouth full and swallowed.

Releasing the hose he leaned down into his scope and found the one who had made the throw. Calming his breathing he adjusted the settings one by one, prolonging the moment. He was death in moments like these, these last few seconds before he pulled the trigger and ended someones life, he felt cold in instances like these.

Rubbing the trigger guard he flipped the power settings to full and squeezed the trigger. He watched as the barbarians right kneecap blew apart, before he could hit the ground he fired in rapid succession. He watched as first the left knee cap blew apart. He watched as the right and left shoulders seemed to explode within a second of each other. He fired three more times, two holes almost dead center of the creatures chest, and the last entered his left eye.

He heard the laughter cut off as a few other members of the squad watched the barbarian being blown apart.

Clicking on his comm he said slowly "Forty confirmed hits." He waited a long moment, "Seven hits, anyone wish to confirm?"

"Seven confirmed." He heard someone say.

He could not see Anival from where he was on the roof, but he could imagine the grimace that must be on his face. Joamer could only smile, but it was a smile devoid of laughter, the long night was about to begin.

Leaning back down to his rifle he watched the barbarians prepare for battle.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  812
June 3, 2009 4:48:00 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Well, at least we are back with everyone else!" Urak replied after they got back to the village. Never had they moved to fast when they got the call to come back. They took their wounded to a safe spot. Or, at least the safest that was there and hoped things wouldn't go badly.

"Like this is much better? It's raining, thundering and We are all still wet!" Sam complained as he walked along side of Saph. The Twi'lek shook her head.

"Will you two shut up? Or should I send you back to the ship and you can sit there alone?" She growled. Both stopped and looked to her as she marched onward to the Northern portion where they were suppose to be heading.

"You're kidding right?" Urak replied.

"Do you have to even ask that?" Saphira replied and kept walking onward. Her boots squishing in the mud. Both of them looked at each other and then walked after her. They had only a brief time of a break, and now they were under attack.

"Orders came down that we need to cover the Army Continent in the north part of the village. So let's move." Riq came through on the com.

"Alright, let's go." Saph replied and they started to run. Right ahead she met up with Riq. He glanced to her with his helmet on and she wished she could see his face.

"Scaring them again Gunny?" He replied as they were coming up to where they were needed.

"No, I was serious. When this is over..." She paused and didn't finish the sentence, and he didn't press her. Saphira didn't want to think that when this was over she was going to be the Squad's new Leader. It just wouldn't feel the same as it was before. Always before it was Doc being in charge and her job to be a pain in the butt. Not now. later. We need to be ready for the attack and I can't be distracted/ Lives depend on it. Our lives and the others of the Army here.

Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  285
Total Posts:  304
June 3, 2009 5:08:07 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori crouched near the E-Web, which was manned by Helena, and sighed slightly. He was scared, more scared than he had been in his life. He really and truly did not know if he was going to survive this next battle with the barbarians. It was most likely their final push on the town and Wildcard’s meager defenses would hold them . . . if only for a little while. He could hear the battle cries of the bizarre humanoids getting closer.

If we all survive this, I’m going to be getting a wicked machete because I am not getting caught this vulnerable again. Not ever.

The scouts were on top of the buildings on either side of the street as they had been for the last few hours. Silently, they all waited for the first appearance of their enemies. Slipping his shotgun off of his shoulder, Jori held it loosely in his arms and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally, when his patience seemed about to burst, one of the scouts gave a yell.

“Heeerrrreee they come!” the scout said, bringing his gun to bear.

Lining himself up with one of the holes in the barricade, he crouched down on one knee. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of the scouts go down with a spear to the left shoulder. The white armored figure spun around quickly and went over the side of the building. The scout on the other side of the road realized what had happened to his comrade and made way for the side of the building, attempting to climb down before he was killed. A shaft came out of nowhere and grazed his helmet, forcing him off and onto the ground. Luckily the building wasn’t that high, so the scout got up after a few moments and ran over to join his comrades.

“Get ready!” someone yelled, a split second before the first wave of barbarians burst through the gaps in the barricade. They were mowed down quickly as there had been but one or two that came through each hole and the E-Web was more than powerful enough to take them out. But the second wave had learned from the mistake of the first wave and that mistake was evasive moves and safety in numbers. The first wave had run straight, with no concern for their own safety whereas the second wave dodged and rolled around and generally had more barbarians in it. One even made it to within a foot of the dets that were buried in the ground before it toppled, its left eye blown out of the back of its head.

We won’t be able to last much longer if they keep increasing the numbers.

The snipers were taking care of many of the barbarians before they even had reached the barricade and that contributed to Wildcards continued existence. And so the battle continued.
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Sergeant Jori Lekrif
TRP/SGT Jori Lekrif/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [CoR][CCA]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  151
June 3, 2009 6:34:44 PM    View the profile of Havock 
The sniper rifle kicked back against Havock's shoulder as she fired another shot at the advancing barbarians. She was sure she wasn't hitting anything significant, but hopefully between her fire and Jae's they could keep them at bay for the time being. Her E-11 rifle was resting at her feet against the wall of the small building they had been taking refuge from the rain in. Havock could feel her two DC-15 pistols in their holster at her hip.

The lighting slammed into the side of a near-by building sending sparks flying into the street. Hav jumped, her rifle hit the top of the small slots they had created in the wall to fire from. Damn. Havock chewed on her lip and got her rifle re-adjusted.

“The lightning is getting worse.” Jae spoke in a solemn tone as she made some adjustments on the scope.

Havock glanced up looking at as much of the sky as she could see. They would eventually have to fall back, and run through that weather. Between the rain falling and the projectiles flying at them, it would make for an interesting outing. 

“I think your right, that last one was close.” Havock fired off another set of shots. She watched as the barbarians fell back to the tree line. This seemed to be their tactic so far, and from what Hav could see there was only the barbarians so far.

The two of them kept firing volleys of bolts into the shadows as they appeared from the forest edge. “Come on, let just one through so I can shoot something.” Rogue whined over the com.

Havock smirked. “Oh would you relax, you'll have plenty to shoot at soon enough I'm sure.”

Jae eased up on her rifle and activated the comm to the squad. “Alright RAIDERS, if any of these guys advance on your position I want to know right away. Everyone copy?”

Rogue boy replied first with a grunt and a “Meh.” Which made Hav snicker.

“Copy.” Came the curt reply from Beta, who was with Raelene on the south-west road.

“Wootah, messa got onesa!” Hav shook her head at the jubilant Gungan. Grahim was left alone on the north-west road in Ron's absence. Grahim was a capable fighter and a much better shot with a sniper rifle then Havock would ever be.

Jae fired off a few more shots before looking over at Havock. “They aren't advancing, why?”

Havock was firing at the increasing number of barbarians, that she could make out through the scope. “Cause they are screwing with us. Somethings up, Jae.”

About three barbarians came running out of the trees towards Jae and Hav's position. The two of them opened fire on them. Shots hit the barbarian closest to the village, Hav wasn't sure which of them was the one to hit the barbarian and she really didn't care as he fell to the ground. The fallen barbarian caused the man running behind him to jump over the prone body as it fell.

The two remaining barbarians reared back and threw a spear each in the direction of the street. The projectiles lodged themselves in a building down the street from the girls location. Then they watched as the barbarians turned and ran back towards the tree line.

Jae was already on the comm, trying to see if any of the other teams had similar tactics deployed on them by the barbarians. They all replied a negative.

“What the hell was that, Jae?” Hav spoke through gritted teeth as she continued to fire at anything that moved on the tree line.

Jae was firing too but she slowly took her finger off the trigger, and seemed to be lost in thought for a long moment. Then she breathed in sharply. “Shit.”

Jae jumped over grabbing Havock and slamming them both into the floor. “Jae, what the hell.”

The explosion rocked the building they were in, even though it was two doors down from them. The walls rained down particles and paint, Hav could hear glass breaking around her. “Well that didn't sound good.”

Jae scooted up and grabbed the sniper rifle, looking through the scope to get the barbarians location.

“Thanks, Jae.” Havock noticed that Jae wasn't talking just staring through the rifle. Hav raised her eyebrows and lifted her own sniper rifle to look through the scope.  They were coming, slowly through the trees but she could see them. “Oh, great. Here we go.”
Vehicle Crewman

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited June 3, 2009 6:41:14 PM)]
Grahim
ComNet Initiate

Grahim

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  113
Total Posts:  284
June 4, 2009 9:33:25 AM    View the profile of Grahim 
Grahim heard a large explosion behind. Grahim looked after the source of the sound. Grahim saw that the building where Jae and Hav was burning.

“Yousa okeeday over there?” Grahim said over the com.

“I don’t know we are okay but I don’t know if we will be for much longer.” Hav answered.

“Why isa that?” Grahim replied.

“We can’t get out of the building because a fragment of the house blocks the backdoor and at the front door we got some barbarians knocking on the door with bolts.” Hav said.

“Kill themsa barbarians and get out of the house?” Grahim replied.

“Or they could stay in the house and try to drive the barbarians back.” RB said.

“Yeah we will figure something out” Jae said. Grahim returned to repel barbarians with his sniper rifle. !Mesa will never recover from thisa war! Grahim thought and looked at the bloody bodies that were spread on the ground as worthless crap. Grahim saw three barbarians running towards the village. Grahim shot the closest one in the head and apparently the one behind in the foot so the closest fell dead to the ground the one behind fell to the ground unable to run. Grahim took out the injured barbarian and noticed that the last barbarian was running back to the forest.

“Why isa themsa doing thisa suicide runs?” Grahim asked over the com.

“I think it is to get our positions so they can take us out with minimum casualties.” RB said.

“Then we will have to change positions more often so they can’t take us out so easily” Jae said. “RB you will take care of the barbarians when Grahim change position and Grahim you watch RB’s back when he change position.

“Okeeday.” Grahim said.

“Yes ma’am” RB said. Grahim can you change position first?” RB asked.

“Yesa mesa can do thatsa” Grahim answered.

“Good.” RB answered. Grahim put his sniper rifle on the back and started to move towards the stairs. Grahim went down to the bottom floor and went to the door. Grahim looked out to see if there were any enemies that could be a threat to him.

“Hav isa there any buildings with good view?” Grahim asked over the com.

“Yes there is one across the road to the south about fifty meters when you are across the road.” Hav answered. Grahim rushed over the road and took aim for the building which he thought Havock meant. Grahim went inside the building and started to climb the stairs to the third floor which were the top floor. Grahim took position.

“RB yousa can run nowsa” Grahim said over the com.
“Okay I will run now” RB replied.
Private Grahim Nass Sad
TRP/PVT Grahim/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Grahim (edited June 4, 2009 2:58:18 PM)]
Ananzi
ComNet Novice

Ananzi

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  27
Total Posts:  26
June 4, 2009 11:40:10 AM    View the profile of Ananzi 
“I’ve got six now, anyone care to confirm that?”, Anival’s voice crackled over the comlink.

“Copy that, but I’m still winning”, replied Joamer.

That’s one way of dealing with the situation, thought Ananzi.  Some people joked around, maybe to distract from the fact that none of them might make it off this planet alive.  He mulled over the events of the last few days, trying to make sense of it.  Clearly there was tension and some degree of confusion in the leadership of the squad. He didn’t know the whole story, but he could tell there was much they weren’t being told.  This mission should have been over and done with days ago, yet they were still here.  On top of that, they had been looking at the severed and impaled heads of Imperial soldiers in the distance for the better part of a day.  The imagination could be a terrible thing, and surely everyone had thought of the worst possible conclusion to this scenario.  It was almost a relief when the barbarians finally attacked.  Moral was pretty bad and at least now there was a task to focus on, a tangible goal to reach: kill as many as possible and keep them out. 

It seemed like they were attacking in waves.  A group of ten or so would rush them and be cut down.  They were getting dangerously closer every time however.  The defenses were reasonable, but everyone knew they couldn’t withstand a sustained assault.  Ananzi was on the second floor of a house, along with Jori on the roof, defending the north east road.  There was a lull in the action, and he used it to remove his helmet and wipe the sweat off his brow. He looked out at the line of stakes, seeing the horrific frozen expressions on the troops faces.  Poor bastards, he thought, no one should have to die that way.  He felt a smoldering sort of rage in the pit of his stomach he had only experienced a few times in his life.  The rest of the squad and platoon must feel the same way, these people deserve to be wiped out. 

“Look alive, there’s a bigger group of them coming our way” said Jori. 

Startled out of his thoughts, he pulled his helmet back on and saw them moving among the debris in the road.  The obstacles were barely enough to slow them down enough to kill them before they got too close.  He heard the distinctive sound of the E-Web firing, and realized they were attacking from multiple directions.  Looking through his rifle sight, he aimed at one of the advancing figures and fired.  The shot landed on the man’s shoulder and spun him back, but he kept moving.  Ananzi realized they were all carrying something.  Oh no, he thought, they’ve got torches.

“Stop them at all costs, they are going to try and burn the barricades”, he said into his comlink. 

A blaster shot flashed past him from above, Jori had taken out the enemy he wounded.  Another barbarian stepped over the body and threw a bucket of some black substance that looked like tar over one of the barricades.  Ananzi hit the man in the face, which knocked him over, the liquid spilling out over the ground.  A torch flew threw the air, the flames spinning wildly, and landed on the barricade, bursting into flames.  That must be pitch, probably made from the resin of trees, he thought.  They had figured a way to get through their first defenses. 

He shot another barbarian in the leg, which sent him falling face first to the ground.  The torch he was holding touched the spilt liquid and burst into flame.  The man was soon covered in flames, flailing about wildly and screaming.  Jori shot the bucket another man was carrying and it exploded, sending the substance into the air.  There was a blur of movement and fire, when it was over four of the enemy lay dead.  The others retreated under fire, making it back to the treeline.  A few had been killed but they had achieved their objective.  A section of the barricades was up in flames. Now they would wait until the blockade was burned down and then would be able to move in much quicker.
TRP/PVT Ananzi-Lorrus/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  221
June 4, 2009 1:25:35 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer watched the barbarians retreat, he muttered again as he began surveying the damage this skirmish caused. The first line of defenses on the north-east road were in flames, even with the rain they would be hard pressed to put them out.

They only saw brief flashes of the enemy on the east roadway, and it looked like one or two might of broken through the defenses on the south-eastern road. Besides losing part of the front line on one road the defenses held up well, he knew that this was only a test. Once the enemy figured out their locations and numbers the barricades would fold swiftly.

When the explosion from across the village occurred, he did not reach for him comm and ask what had happened. He had to hold it together for his squad, with their limited numbers every person was needed. He could not help the feeling of worry that crept up into his bones, he wondered who had been nearest the explosion, and if they still lived.

Swinging his rifle around he scanned the forest, he caught the tail end of one of the attackers throwing something in his direction. Squeezing the trigger he put a shot into the things neck, he watched as it dropped to the ground, it twitched three times before laying still.

A hard thunk caused him to duck suddenly, pulling himself forward he peaked his head over the edge of the roof and snarled. A six foot long spear sat embedded three feet from his head. He began edging back below the roof line when a strange shape caught his attention. Narrowing his eyes he starred at the rectangle in the middle of the spear a long moment before cursing.

"Get out!" He shouted into his comm link.

Hitting the release lever on his harness he started sliding down the rooftop, "Anival! Get away from the house now!" Dropping over the edge he fell two stories and hit the ground. He heard the servo motors strain as they absorbed the impact from the fall.

He felt his body suddenly speed up, he tried turning but nothing happened. He watched in horror as he crashed head long into the side of a building. He felt his body strain, but luckily the material the wall was made out of was rotted. He broke through and slammed into the floor, he continued sliding till he crashed into the far wall.

He was not sure if he blacked out, but moments or minutes later he turned his head to look at Anival who was standing over him.

He saw Anival's mouth moving but he did not hear anything. Suddenly he heard loud ringing, breathing deeply he began making out what Anival was saying.

"..ou alright?"

"I think so, I need a minute though." He thought he said, with the nod Anival gave looks like he got at least the important bit out.

Turning his head he looked down and noticed his left hand still gripping his DC-15, he looked over and saw Anival holding his DLT-20a.

He saw Anival shake his head and grimace "You would be more worried about the rifles then anything else."

"You gonna stand there or help me up?" Joamer muttered as he reached out his right hand. Using Anival's grip he tried to stand, but a sudden wave of dizziness caused him to lean back against the wall when he got to his feet.

"Not so fast." He muttered, closing his eyes he breathed slowly for a few long seconds. When he felt the dizziness fade he opened his eyes, Anival was staring out the ruined wall. The building they had been using was gone, the front line defenses were gone, debris still rained down making loud thuds on the street and rooftop.

Walking slowly to Anival's side Joamer patted the trooper on the shoulder, and said softly "Welcome to a real war zone kid."
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Expert

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1516
Total Posts:  1849
June 4, 2009 2:06:09 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Someone care to tell me what the hell just happened?" Kanderin shouted for the third time, getting increasingly more impatient with his comlink. He thought he'd become accustomed to the radios breaking down, afterall they were no stranger to it over the last week. They hadn't had long range radios in days, and even the simpler version used for inter squad communication was beginning to prove less than ideal.

"We're okay, sorry" Anival finally responded, sounding out of breath. "They hit us with some sort of explosion, the whole building came down but there's no casualties"

"Where did it come from?"

"North East, I think. My minds a little fuzzy from nearly being blown to bits" Joamer answered.

"Well find another building to camp out on, hopefully one that's not so vulnerable this time" He paused and glanced around. Helena was stood carrying out some work on the E-Web and muttering curses to herself. To her right Jori and Ananzi stood talking, Jori's finger pointing out trees on the horizon.

"I'm going to pull the line back further into the centre, but we're going to do it slowly and quietly so they don't notice what we're doing. What I need you two to do is to start turning lights on inside the buildings you come across"

"What? Why?"

He shrugged in response and beckoned Helena over. "I'm clutching at straws here but I'm hoping we can trick them into thinking there's more of us than they originally thought"

"Worth a shot I suppose"

"Then go do it, once you're satisfied get back in touch. Kand out"

He pushed himself up off of the wall and nodded at Helena, who attempted to smile but was too covered in cuts and grease to look remotely attractive.

"Frigging thing locked up on me" She said, answering the question before he had a chance to ask it.

"If you say so" He grinned. "We're pulling back, get Jori and An to help you with moving the gun then shift back one hundred yards in this direction. I'll stay here and keep watch, hopefully they wont notice I'm alone"

Helena nodded and walked away, leaving Kand to his own thoughts for a little longer. He was all too aware from the shouting on both sides that they were fighting a losing battle. Not only were they facing numbers ten or more times larger than themselves, but even one on one they were encumbered. One of them took a lot more killing than a Wraith or a RAIDER. It really took two people to take one down safely, so that halved their ratio once again.

And then there was his 'plan'. They had already had two major explosions and there had been lightning storms for some time now - It was logical to assume the power might well of gone out. Even if it hadn't, he'd almost forgotten they were dealing with barbarians, not highly trained army grunts. They wouldn't care if there was a lot of them housed up in buildings, it wouldn't stop them attacking as hard as they ever had. They were winning and they knew it, there was no point in caution anymore.

He just hoped he was wrong.
Kanderin Azalar Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army Of The Vast Empire

PA-SL/FSG Kanderin Draken/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited June 4, 2009 2:35:19 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  693
Total Posts:  823
June 4, 2009 3:24:19 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK’s pulse was racing, which was a good thing, it kept him alert and awake. Although the ground itself was doing a good job of that as well, it never seemed to stop shaking, regardless of the lack of continuous explosions. Maybe it was his mind playing tricks on him, which wasn’t unusual, but now it was what kept him alive.
Still when were done here, I’m going to have to make a note of complaining about workmanship on streets and building in my book.

“Alright, let’s move, if we stay here much long were going to be minced.” It was Jori’s voice, which was a surprise that he was repeating a direct order, but still they all knew it was true.

“By slowly, does that mean not noticeable, until were grouped up?”  RK asked.

“No time for chat, just move.” Kand said through the commlink.
“This would be easier if I had a vehicle to drive.” RK mumbled, as he fired off a few more shots in the direction of their attackers.

“I agree, but we can’t call air support, it be suicide.”

“They do it… right not time for chit chat.” RK abruptly stopped himself and turned back to the nearest cover, moving quickly.
When he arrived at his position he found himself face to face with Ananzi. RK hadn’t talked with the new recruit much, but he knew that if the man took off his helmet he would see a calm, yet scared expression. I remember my first time in the field, just lucky Kairo was there to keep me under control.

RK shook the reminiscing thought and went back to covering their slightly bogus retreat. “So what are we going to do when we do regroup?”

“We’ll figure it out when it comes, right now, just focus on the task at hand.” Kand said, this time over the whole squad. Making sure everyone was still keeping alert.

I just hope this ends better then that time with Eclipse…. No focus, RK. which is exactly what he did.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  152
June 4, 2009 3:35:54 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock could smell the fire, although neither her or Jae could sort out where the burning was actually coming from. The barbarians continued to throw spears down the road and retreat back, allowing them to explode. One of the explosions knocked something loose, causing the fire.

Rogueboy suggested they move position since it was very likely the barbarians were employing hit and run tactics to determine our locations. Jae and Hav didn't have much choice in the matter at this point.

Another chunk on roof fell somewhere behind them. “We need to go, Jae.”

They were still shooting through the slits in the wall, that seemed to grow with each explosion. Hav watched as two more barbarians fell in the street.

Jaenna glanced around the room, that was starting to look worse for wear. “Yeah, the back door is blocked. We need to climb out the window over there. Then we can move back down the street a bit. But I don't want to do that until the last minute. I mean they will never look for us in the burning building.”

“Yeah, cause we'd be crazy to stay in a burning building.”

Jae just looked over and shrugged, before she grabbed her comm and spoke into it. “Grahim are you in position now?”

“Yessa messa made itsa to the buildinga acrosse the streeta.” Havock could hear Grahim's sniper rifle firing in the background during the communication.

“Jae, its Karash. RB and I split up. I'm a few doors down from him still by the town center. He tried to move but it would have taken too long with the E-web.”

Jae nodded as she continued to fire her rifle at the barbarians. “Copy that, Karash.”

“What about Beta and Raelene? Have we heard from them since the fighting started?” Hav didn't even look over she was too busy shooting, she seemed to be improving.

Another explosion caused them both to duck down and cover their heads, to protect themselves from the falling pieces of building around them.

“No I keep trying to reach them on the comm and they are not responding.” They exchanged a quick glance. Both of them were worried about Rae and Beta and hoped that they were okay. Not to mention if something had gone wrong the barbarians would have a direct route to the center of town.

Another crash from the floor above caused both troopers to look up. “Okay Jae, seriously. We need to go.”

“Yeah.”

They grabbed their gear from around the room, then Havock drew her pistol and shot out the glass in the window. Frankly, it was surprising that the window had managed to stay intact through all of the explosions. The pieces of shared glass hit the ground and splintered into a million pieces.

“Go Havock.”

Hav ran and jumped through the window, rolling in a ball and landing on her knees with her pistols up to cover Jae. The rain was coming down in droves over Havock's head. She could barely see past the edge of the building, the light from the flames the only beacon in the night sky.

“Its clear, come on Jae.”

Jaenna came sailing through the window her sniper rifle hanging over her back, holding her blaster rifle.

“The barricade is still up in the road. We can try to cross the street hole up in one of the buildings there.” Havock still had her pistols up, one pointed towards the forest one down the alley beside the burning building.

“How far are we from the detpacks?” Jae had to yell to be heard over the commotion, rain, and lightning.

“They are back a few meters towards the town center. If we go straight across we won't be near them.”

“Let's move then.”
Assistant Squad Leader | RAIDERS Squad | Wildcard Platoon
Vehicle Crewman

ASL|LCPL Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  301
Total Posts:  1075
June 4, 2009 5:31:17 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival looked around at the decimated building, turning Anival opened his mouth to talk.

“Joamer you’re lucky you have those cybernetics, I would have died. After this is over I might consider getting some.”

Joamer muttered obviously still a little dazed.

“Ok, we have our orders.” Said Joamer, after he had recovered.

Anival raised his rifle and started to jog towards one of the buildings, Anival looked for a switch, after a while he found it and switched it on, the lights blinked on and off, some threw sparks, but they remained on, Anival went back outside, rifle raised, and noticed that Joamer had already turned on the lights of three buildings.

Anival hurried and started to turn on light after light. Anival herd a noise to his left, and stopped.
It was dark, and his vision was limited, turning on the infrared Anival called to Joamer.

“Hey, Joamer, I think we should pay a little bit of attention to our rears, there’s a huge heat signature coming from behind a building, and from the looks of it, about six barb’s guarding it.”

“That’s strange.”

“Sure is, any suggestions.”

“Hold on, I see it too.”

“Joamer, I say we find a dark hole and hide.”

Joamer sighed, “well I don’t think Kand would be happy, besides I left my sabbac deck at home.”

“True.”

Anival met up with Joamer.

“Kand this is Joamer, do you copy?”

There was a silence, then the comm. crackled for a minute before coming to life.

“Yes, what is it?”

“We have some minor activity.”

“Psht, minor my arse.”

Joamer shot Anival a look.

“Report.”

“Well we are picking up a big heat sig and about four to six barb’s escorting the main heat sig.”

“Ignore it for now, do as I told you and get back here, you have your orders, Kanderin Out.”

“Well, you heard the bossman, let’s keep doing what we do best.”

“Turn on lights?”

They both broke out laughing, then started with their orders.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:49:28 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 187  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >