Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  404
Total Posts:  462
  RE: Undying (Wildcard May Comp)
June 4, 2009 6:32:17 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
Urakai stood and stared in awe at Saphira’s, to him, extremely misplaced bitterness. While he hadn’t known her for long, he was surprised at the difficulty of deciphering the puzzle that was Striker. Either tension or frustration was rising among the troops, and everyone was eager to take it out in battle. Anything, at least, that didn’t involve a fight with their ASL which would probably mean their immediate dismissal from the corps or worse, death. They trudged through the muddy village, lit by the frequent blue cracks appearing in the sky. The booms following would give everyone a jolt, physically or not, but they kept moving. As the group moved up, a single imperial trooper could be seen running down towards the Iron Horses squad.

“1st Lieutenant Riqimo!” He squeaked out from a distance. “Sir, you better hurry, our Northern positions are being hammered.”

Swiftly glancing at the rest of his squad and nodding, the Iron Horses quickly upgraded their pace to a short sprint. They flew by the single trooper now stopping to catch his breath. After about three minutes of running, the squad halted, taking in the scene before them. A constant fling could be heard as, seconds later, a bolt would fly through a window of a building occupied by an army trooper.

“Get down!” an officer yelled from somewhere behind a ruined building, which Doc was only too happy to relay to his squad.

Urakai crashed into the muddy ground, diving as a bolt whizzed past his back. He had dove for cover behind a primitive wooden cart, or what was left of it. The rest of his squad had done just about the same but for whatever was closest. Urak quickly moved into a crouch, surveying what had happened previously. There were multiple unmoving bodies with large bolts protruding from their head or chest region. As he looked about, he caught his eyes on one trooper who’d been hit in his upper thigh and was sprawling in pain behind a building next to his squad mate. My squad first, then I’ll help you, Urak thought to himself.

Glancing toward where Saph and BARman were hiding, he tried to tune in to what she was telling him, “…you to take it, get as close to that tree line as possible and burn the shit out of them. If it doesn’t, then at least it will blind them from us long enough to get some firing on them…”

Nodding his head, BARman slowly jumped over a small gate and leapt behind another building, missing more bolts by inches. Urakai’s gaze followed him until he had darted behind a building and was no longer visable.

“Psst!” Urakai turned around to see Sam poking his head through a window of a building, “When he lights his flame carbine, give ‘em hell! Pass it on to any troops you see there.”

Replying with a slight nod, Urak pulled his E-11 to chest height and peered through a crack in the cart. Still no sign of any movement, he then turn to the injured trooper and his friend, alerting them when to fire. They gave a weak nod, but what more could he expect from them. For all he knew, they’d been here for hours. Urak slowly shook his head, and thought, as if he was relaying a secret warning to them, And probally many more hours to come.
Senior Sergeant Urakai

Iron Horse Squad
TRP/SSGT Urakai/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  425
June 5, 2009 11:29:46 AM    View the profile of Karash 
The sky was dark and the only real light came from the ever more frequent bolts of lighting that seemed to striking in locations that would have been dangerous for the troopers defending the barricades. The rain had also begun to get stronger and was now pummelling the ground at such a speed that mini rivers where being produced within the town centre. Then a lingering source of light stuck in the distance, its was later found to be the building that Jae and Havock were in.

“I am going to move positions to try and fool the enemy.” Rogue stated as he pulled himself to his feet.

Karash’s expression showed great disapproval, “You can’t do that! If you move to the front line you won’t be able to retreat fast enough.”

RB screwed up his face as he tried to lift the E-web but fell back into his seat. “Damn it!” he cried.

“I told you that you won’t be able to move, let alone run to cover before becoming the latest victim.” Karash said, with a told you so attitude.

I the distance it pieces of buildings could be heard crumbling down and the barbarian spears could be also be heard smashing into buildings; Karash was concerned that no blaster fire could be heard as it either meant his squad mates were dead or that it could not be heard over the roar of rain and lightning. Karash decided that he and RB had better split up, so that when the time for the others to retreat came, the enemy would not be able to take them all out so easily.

“Rogue, I am going to move a few doors down to make sure we don’t get cornered by the enemy. And don’t try to move again without help.” Karash turned to leave.

“See ya later nurse.” RB gave a nod and a wave as Karash went out into the town centre.

The weather was actually worse than he had imagined as the rain really was pummelling down on to the streets and the thunder seemed to shake the fragile buildings. As more lightning struck just a few feet away from Karash he decided that he had better just get back inside and went into a building just two doors down from the one he had previously been in.

“Jae, its Karash. RB and I split up. I'm a few doors down from him still by the town centre. He tried to move but it would have taken too long with the E-web.” Karash explained.

“Copy that, Karash.” The squads SL sounded like she was very busy so Karash decided not to say anything else.

In the dim light that enveloped the building Karash could not really make out where he actually was so just decided to make sure the place wasn’t going to fall on him. On closer inspection it seemed that the place was pretty secure but there was another entrance that needed to be blocked off. Easily enough the other door had a bolt on it and was locked but just to make sure Karash moved some other debris and furniture to stop it being opened when it shouldn’t be.

A short time later there was a loud and earthshaking crash that was once again coming in the direction of Jae and Hav. Karash could see down the street in which they were and could see figures coming from the building they were in; he hoped that they were Raiders and not the enemy.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2]
StarFruit
ComNet Initiate

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  179
Total Posts:  799
June 5, 2009 1:57:17 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
“Jaenna to Kand. Come in” The Comm crackled for a few minutes, no response. Jaenna’s breath came out in nebulous puffs from the cold condensing on her from the rain. For some reason, the environmental control in her pearly white imperial armor was refusing to work. Probably from a few blaster bolts. “Frack.” She growled through gritted teeth as her feet sloshed and stamped in puddles of blood and rain, mud splashing up on her grieves, smaller particles of the dirty, thick water being sent back into Havock’s face, the ASL following closely behind. With a grunt, Jaenna jumped over a body, or rather part of a body, of a fallen imperial. She clicked her comm again, was about to speak, but was cut short as she fired her Starslasher, the large bolt striking a Barbarian in the stomach, his entrails spilling out onto the soaked ground before the large thing fell, face in the mud.

“By the gods, Jae! Are you capable of not being such a beast?” The CPL heard Havock yell over the crackle of the comm, the rain and the other commotion.

A simple chuckle rolled out of the newly instated Squad Leader’s mouth. “Have you ever known me to not be a beast?!” Jaenna yelled, the comm still crackling as she did so. She heard Havock laugh behind her, before the ASL had to jump to dodge another fallen imperial.

Then, Jaenna heard laughter from the comm. She had just realized the comm. “Beastly, little Jaenna Caldwin. Of course you’re going to be vicious on the battle field!” It was Kand. The comm must have still been on when Jaenna had said what she did. With a smile, she chuckled for she knew exactly who it was that had said those words.

“Nice to finally hear from you, Kand. What the hell was going on that you couldn’t answer me before?” Jaenna snorted, trying to laugh, but it came out as she did due to a bolt passing right by her head. The sound of Havock’s scream caught her ears and she whipped around to see her ASL fall to the ground. “Hav!” As she watched her friend fall, she heard a loud ’thud’  from behind her. It wasn’t until a few moments later, that she realized her hip had been struck by a crossbow bolt. Blood was pouring from the new hole in her armor. “Aug. Damn” She growled, gritting her teeth in pain. The SL shook her head and hobbled… rather quickly… over to Havock and helped her up. The girl was out cold again. Grumbling, Jaenna set her Starslasher in the holster on her side and swung Havock over her shoulder. With a grunt, the SL set off at a pace that most would see unfit for someone who had just been shot horribly in the hip. But when it was her friend’s life in her hands… Jaenna was willing to do anything.

“CPL! What’s your twenty?! Is everything alright?” Jaenna heard Kand yell from over the comm. The Wraith SL seemed genuinely worried about the newer SL. But it was nothing Jae wasn’t used to.

Grunting again, and situation Havock in a more comfortable position on her shoulders, she yelled into the comm, after switching from the private channel to the all squad channel. “Wraith! RAIDERS! Meet up at Town Square! We are going to set off the detpacks! They’ve been place around the perimeter of the village! They should be able to take out the blunt of the next wave of Barbarians!” She took a breath and screamed as another bolt his her side. This time it only grazed. She huffed and picked up the pace again. Town Hall was in her sights. “Kand and I are going to push the big red buttons! Everyone else in the squads, situate your rifles at the window and take aim at any Barbarians! Let go! Cladwin out!”

Finally, the girl reached the door of Town Hall. She kicked it down, grunting in obvious pain as she did so, and blood steadily dripping from her hip area. Once she got herself all the way inside, she set Havock down behind a desk, and made sure to keep her head elevated. That’s when she opened a comm with Karash. “Karash. Havock needs you again. Get that liquor outta your system and get your ass to Town Hall now. You’re lucky I don’t demote you to Private again because of your drinking on the job.” She then opened a comm with RogueBoy. “Hun. You stay put. You are in a building that is far enough away from the blast radius. Just take cover when you hear the blast, only to be sure that you don’t get hit by any debris.” She sighed and shook her head. “I oughtta demote you for drinking on the job as well, babe. Just… be careful. I’ll see you when this is over. Jae out.” She sighed as she closed the com channel.

With a grunt, she looked down at her hip; blood was still ripping from the wound. “Oh well… This battle is more important.” Again, she sighed. The rest of RAIDERS and Wraith needed to make it here before she pressed the big red button. It was too risky for the troopers to be out there when she did so. “Crap… I gotta set up.” She moved towards a window, and crouched down near it, DC-15 once again in her hands, the muzzle pointed out of the window, scope searching out those bastard barbarians. “Come get some, fuckers.”

Now to wait.

OOC:
I took some of the original bad language out. But I left in that last horrid word for the effect of her anger. If that isn't okay, just let me know and I will fix it again.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

ASL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
[Cor]

"I found the cure to happiness. Too bad it's an illegal substance."
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited June 5, 2009 2:25:04 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  222
Total Posts:  997
June 5, 2009 3:52:14 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer and Anival had moved from house to house slowly. In most the lights came on and stayed on, in others the simple act of flipping the switch caused a massive overload that gave the switch flipper a decent shock. They had stopped taking turns, and instead resorted to a simple game of rock paper scissors.

Hitting his fist three times Joamer played rock, but cursed when Anival played paper. Ignoring the grin the young trooper had Joamer marched into the house and flipped the switch. It took several seconds for anything to happen, but when the lights flickered Joamer swore. He felt the shock run up his arm and down his body to exit via his foot.

"I have had enough!" He shouted. He knew the barbarians were close, but at this point he did not care. "I am not doing another one. Kand can find someone else to flip lights on."

Joamer marched out of the house with Anival close behind, he gripped his DLT-20a with a tight fist. He turned west and made his way towards the village center.

They stopped at every corner, peering around the edge to see if the coast was clear. Nodding slowly, he jogged across the exposed area and took cover again.

"...Caldwin out!" His comm link crackled suddenly. Turning around he looked at Anival and said "You catch any of that?"

Anival shook his head and shrugged. Mumbling to himself he activated his comm link and said "What was that? We did not catch any of it."

They both went inside a house and kneeled down by the window. It took several seconds before anyone responded.

"Raiders SL has issued a general retreat, all forces fall back to the inner perimeter. We are going to set off the explosives. Reports show a massive force exiting the forest, looks to be their second wave of troops. Everyone fall back, that is an order." Kanderin said.

Joamer nodded at Anival and walked out the door, a fist hit him dead in the chest causing him to fly backwards, Anival began firing at the doorway. Hitting the ground Joamer felt himself continue to slide backwards, bringing up his DLT-20a he began firing at the barbarian. After a few moments the combined bolts caused the beast to stagger and fall backwards into the street.

The air was suddenly full of guttural shouts, it came from every direction. Standing up Joamer slammed the door shut and looked around, the room was clear of anything remotely useful in blocking the it. Motioning for Anival, he ran up the stairs and entered a room, waiting for Anival he slammed the door shut and backed away.

Walking to the window he looked down, the street was nearly packed of dark shapes moving back and forth. Stepping back slowly Joamer shook his head, he heard Anival sigh softly, but he noticed the young trooper grip his blaster tighter.

"Is everyone in place?" Joamer said into his comm link.

"Everyone accounted for, except you two." Kand said, there was a nervous edge to his voice.

"How long?" Joamer said.

"Seconds." He heard Helena said into the comm link.

Looking at Anival he gave a small nod, he saw the mans face crumple for an instant before it took on a calm appearance, he returned the nod.

"We are far enough away, do it." Joamer said into his comm link.

Walking to a wall Joamer slid down it and placed his head between his knees, he let his rifle fall to the ground beside him. He felt Anival join him a few moments later, he heard a banging from the front door but he did not bother to look up.

"I never thought I would die next to you." Anival say softly, "But, I guess if I had a choice how I would go out, this would be it."

Joamer sighed slowly, and said "I am sorry I got you into this. This was my mess to begin with."

Closing his eyes he waited for the end to come.

Kanderin clicked off his comm link with a grimace, he knew Joamer was lying. He also knew they had moments before being overrun. Walking over to the control box he keyed in the activation sequence and lifted the protective cover. He waited for the Raiders SL to do the same.

Star was being stubborn, the three medics in the room were trying to get her to get fixed up, but she had refused all of them. Hobbling over to the control box she keyed in the other activation sequence and raised the cover.

"Take this you damn barbarians." She said, she brought her fist down so hard it caused the button to crack. Luckily it still sent the signal.

Moments later multiple explosions were heard from one side of the village.

Kand closed his eyes and pushed his button, a second later a second set of explosions answered the first. He released his button after the echoes of the explosions went silent. He walked away staring at his hand for a long moment.

He turned to the group assembled in the building and said "Back to work people. I wanted this place secure two minutes ago!"

Helena and Karash surrounded Star, they had their arms outstretched blocking any escape. With a grimace she allowed them to lead her away.
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited June 5, 2009 3:55:36 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  153
Total Posts:  2413
June 5, 2009 4:37:22 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Suffocating. Thats what it felt like, as if the air was being denied her as she laid there. Havock turned her pounding head. She could hear voices in the room and the noises of battle she had become accustomed  to over the last several hours. Her head dipped limply down, her chin hitting her chest as she lazily lifted it back up.

Havock's head seemed to large for the helmet, her scalp was tingling from the pressure. Clumsily, she reached up and tore the helmet off her head. It banged along the floor as it rolled away from her, finally coming to rest against a desk.

With both hands, Havock reached up and grabbed her head. She leaned over slightly, the blinding pain made it hard for her to think, to remember. Wait, where the frak am I?

Forcing her eyes to open, and only managing a squint, Havock looked around the rather large room. She was positioned behind a desk, someone had made sure she was sitting up. Suddenly every muscle in Havock's body twisted, her stomach turned in knots. Jae, where the hell is Jae?

Havock tried to jump to her feet, and failed miserably falling back into the wall. She would have slammed into the floor if she didn't manage to stop herself with her hand. A fit of coughing overtook her as she slowly lowered herself to the floor.

Turning her face on the dusty floor she could see a few unfamiliar troopers milling about. She could see Karash standing behind Jae. Seeing Jae standing there made Havock feel better, then she saw her hobble towards one of the unfamiliar troopers. Hav noticed her leg was dark, and bloodstained which made her swallow hard. Jae was hurt and Karash was obviously trying to treat her, with little success.

Grunting, Havock put her hands on the floor under her shoulders and started to lift herself up off the ground. She managed a few inches before a blast shook the building sending Havock slamming back into the floor.

Hav rolled over onto her back, and using the desk managed to get into a sitting position. She could still hear the others in the room around her.

“Dammit Jaenna, if you insist upon moving about you will go to your grave with these bolts in your leg.” Karash sounded very frustrated with their SL, that didn't surprise Hav. Jae could be stubborn.

“You do what you have to do and I'll keep doing what I have to do, hows that?” Hav could hear some groaning coming from Karash then Jae continued, most likely over the comm. “Grahim get up as high as you can in this building and use the sniper rifle, Beta you go with him. Raelene stay here and cover fire from that window. We can still cover the western direction, Wrath can take the eastern front.”

Havock used the desk again and got to her feet, no one noticed as they all got into position. Hav had to use the desk to steady herself the room was spinning, but she was almost used to this sensation after what had already happened on this mission.

“Corporal, you need to take a break. That wave is going to come through and we need you fixed up before then.”

Havock walked around the desk and leaned on it, listening to the conversation and looking for her weapons. 

“Kand, I need to make sure everything is ready.” Another medic was kneeling looking at the wound and whispering to Karash, she must have been Helena the Wraith ASL. Havock couldn't help but wonder where Joamer was as she looked around the room.

Havock rubbed her head as the group kept arguing. “JAE!” They all froze and looked at the new ASL. “When the medics out number you, your never going to win. Trust me.”

“Hav!” Jae laughed as she spoke, she looked relieved to see Havock up. The whack Hav took the the head must have been pretty bad to get that reaction, she would have to find out what happened one day.

Havock pushed off the desk and walked up to where Jae was standing. “I can handle this, let them take care of you before you bleed to death. Cause if you bleed to death then I have to kick your ass, and I'm in no condition for that.” 

Jae smirked. “Okay, but I'll be right back.”

“Fair enough.” Havock turned and looked at Kand. “What's the sitch?” Hav could hear Karash and Helena helping Jae into the other room to remove the bolts and get her patched up. Nobody was going home from this mission without a few scars.

“Well I'm missing two men, we are stuck in this building and about to be surrounded by barbarians.”

Hav nodded. “Right, so same as always then.” Hav nodded at Raelene, who was leaning against the large window frame in the room. Grabbing the comm, Hav tried to reach Rogueboy to make sure he was okay in his position. When the affirmative came back, Havock could see Kand collecting his things to position himself on the other side of the building.

“One more question.”

Kand looked over and nodded.

“Any idea where my weapons are?”
Lance Corporal Ayme 'Havock' Katash
Assistant Squad Leader | RAIDERS Squad | Wildcard Platoon
Vehicle Crewman

ASL|LCPL Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  223
June 5, 2009 5:28:39 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer did not hear the explosions, the first set from across the village was loud enough to cover up the second set. He did feel it start though, for two seconds he waited till he felt the building next to them explode. He did say they were clear of the explosives, and this was true. He did not say the building next to them had the last detpack in it.

It took the shock wave almost a second before it hit them, a second later the building exploded around them. The last thing Joamer saw was the roof getting closer, he felt vertigo and the sensation of falling.

He felt numb, the world around him was absolutely silent. Trying to remember how open his eyes he squinted at the sky. His head was somehow clear of the debris, the rain had stopped and for an instant a space cleared in the sky to allow the stars to shine down. Joamer starred at them for an indefinable amount of time, he only came back to the present when he felt shifting beside him.

Trying to raise his left arm he panicked for a moment when nothing happened, his arm would not respond. His right arm was trapped behind his back. He breathed slowly and waited, it would be just his luck to survive the explosion only to die trapped here like a dog.

Whatever was coming took its time, he looked at the sky again. At least his last moment would be one of beauty. A familiar face filled his vision and he grimaced in spite of himself. Anival starred down at him, a nasty looking gash covered the left side of his face, his armor had seen better days. His chest plate was cracked in two places, and everything was plastered with dirt, mud, and pieces of wood.

Anival did not bother talking, seeing the blood coming out of Joamer's ears he figured it would not do any good anyway. He looked at the angry cut running up and over his forehead and frowned, he was no medic but he knew that would need stitches. Extending his hand he waited for Joamer to take it, seeing the expression on his friends face he frowned and leaned down. Gripping Joamer's shoulder he eased him up to a sitting position.

Joamer worked his right arm back and forth slowly, seeing that it worked correctly he tried his left arm, but it hung dead at his side. Problem with the cybernetics somewhere he hoped, if it was something worse he doubted he could fix it on this planet. Reaching out his hand he gripped Anival's shoulder and slowly got to his feet.

Using Anival as a support he tried to walk, his left leg worked fine, but there was a twitch in his right leg. Mumbling to himself he hobbled away from the wreckage and leaned against a beam that was still standing. He looked around slowly before looking at Anival, he saw the trooper holding up a barrel of some sort of rifle. It took him a long moment to realize it was part of the barrel to his DLT-20a, reaching behind him with his good hand he felt both parts of his DC-15 and sighed.

He saw Anival shake his head slowly and smirk. Limping away from the blast zone he slowly started making his way to the center of town. The area seemed clear of enemies at the moment, he figured the explosion would cause them to regroup, but he doubted it would last long.

Drawing his frontier model B pistol he flipped the power on and continued limping. He saw Anival step forward and take point, his own blaster held out in front of him.

Joamer nodded slowly and smiled, he was proud of the way Anival held up under fire. This mission had done a lot to change the young trooper, and Joamer felt for the first time he could actually handle himself well.

After what seemed an eternity Joamer stepped to the side of the city hall building and looked around the front, he could see blaster muzzles sticking out the windows, but no enemies in sight.

Opening his mouth he called out "Hold fire, friendlies to your right." What surprised him was that could actually make out what he said.

He heard muttering from inside, but the muzzles stayed in place. Mumbling he walked forward and reached the door. He holstered his pistol and banged on the door three times. He could hear more muttering from inside.

A voice called out from within  "Mesa want to knowsa thesa authorization code, yousa have it yousa can come in."

Joamer swore under his breath before shouting "Open the damn door before I break it down and rip your miserable head off! That is an order!"

He heard talking from inside, he limped in front of the door and prepared to punch it with his good hand. He drew his hand back just as the door was opened. He limped forward into the building with Anival following. Walking as far as the middle of the room he leaned against the wall and nearly fell to the floor.

Leaning his head back he closed his eyes, he heard someone walk up and begin pressing at the cut on his forehead, but he did not care.

He felt the blackness reach up and engulf him as he lost consciousness.
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE [ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  303
Total Posts:  1075
June 5, 2009 6:42:17 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
The explosion sent Anival flying, , a falling piece hit him on the head, and cracked his helmet, another piece, shattered the shoulder armor all the way to his glove, only small bits were left, he landed with a thud on a sharp piece. Anival stood, feeling disoriented, he wasn’t sure if he was hurt badly, but he could stand, which was all that mattered. Standing, Anival felt a stab of pain in his abdomen, and his breath was constricted.

Anival looked around, a cloud of debris, was floating, Anival looked for Joamer, noticing a small piece of white glinting, Anival walked towards it.

Anival felt an unnamed emotion at seeing Joamer lying on the ground, over the course of his stay, Anival had come to look at Joamer as a father, and as an invincible warrior, naturally Anival had hated him at first, ubt not after so many near death experiences. Soon they found themselves making their way to safety.

“Hold fire, friendlies to your right”

Anival heard a voice, not a voice that belonged to any of his squad members but a voice he recognized, it wasn’t human.

"Mesa want to knowsa thesa authorization code, yousa have it yousa can come in."

Anival felt his heart beat faster. He swallowed, and followed Joamer his eye’s watching him wearily.

When they were allowed to enter, Joamer went in first, and Anival followed suit. Almost as soon as they had gotten in, Joamer fell to a resting state.  Anival sat five feet from Joamer, watching as Helena tended to him.

“Hisa gonna besa okie day?”

Helena nodded, the gungan tried to get near Joamer, and Anival snarled an glared at the gungan, Clearly picking up Anival’s dislike of him, he backed off, Helena shot Anival a look, Anival shrugged, and pretended not to notice it.

Anival laid his rifle down, and took of his shattered gloves, and noticed he had a broken finger, a small piece of bone was visible.

“What happened to you?” asked Anival to a trooper he didn’t recognize,

“It’s a long story.” sighed the trooper Anival flexed his legs, shot a look at the unconscious cyborg and said.

“I have a while.”
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  225
June 6, 2009 3:21:47 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer swam in an eternity of blackness, he could not feel, see, taste, but he could hear. He heard low mumbling from somewhere far off, and every few minutes a blaster would go off.

Opening his eyes he starred at a white ceiling, the room was brightly lit, and smelled like a typical med bay. Turning his head he spotted Helena with her arms on her head starring at something. Karash was standing next to her, the same annoyed expression on his face.

Quietly he turned his head the other way to see Caldwin sitting up in a corner, she had her arms crossed and a very angry glare on her face, the glare was directed at Karash and Helena.

He spotted Havock in the corner opposite, from the look on her face she was trying to not burst into laughter. Every few seconds Caldwin would meet the gaze of her ASL, this caused Havock to scrunch up her face even more from avoiding laughter.

Sitting up slowly Joamer mumbled under his breath, the bed he was laying on was not comfortable, and the sheet they had him wrapped up in smelled. He looked down to see his bare chest and stopped a angry curse from leaving his lips. He looked around and spotted his armor across the room on the floor, with his DC-15 propped on the wall. 

He tried to swing his feet off the bed, but an angry throat clearing stopped him.

He heard someone walk up and say "Not so fast, Sergeant. Without the use of both your arms you are next to useless out there, now stay put." The voice was not Helena's, so he figured this would be Karash. Ignoring the other squads medics he swing one foot off the edge.

"Joamer, that is an order." That was Helena's voice, he grumbled something unintelligible and put his leg back on the bed. He crossed his arms and started angrily glaring at the two medics who turned around and ignored their patients.

He ignored the looks Havock gave him ever few minutes, but he could see her battle with not laughing was quickly being lost. He imagined Star and him looked pretty much the same right now. They had both been told to stay, and they did not like staying when there was a battle going on.

"Let me out of here!" Caldwin shouted suddenly, "I am the SL of Raiders, and I order you to let me go! Keep Joamer and Havock, they need the attention more then I do." The last part was said in a nearly sulky voice.

"You know the rules, Star. As a medic I can overrule your command abilities if I see fit, and in this matter I have overruled  them. Give the bacta time to work, then you can go on your way to getting shot again." Karash said quietly from across the room.

The face Jaenna made suddenly did it for Havock, she leaned forward and burst into laughter. Star shot her ASL a dark glance, but only caused the laughter to increase.

"Like hell," Havock said in between fits "Sit your ass down. You need the attention more then we do." The last was nearly lost as she coughed a few times. She stopped laughing, but did not stop the smile on her face as she looked at Star.

Mumbling something about a mad house Joamer said "Can I at least get a electrical bag so I can work on my arm?"

"Not yet, you need rest as well." Helena said, Joamer shot her a dark look, then turned his gaze back on Havock as he heard her snicker.

Joamer starred at the far wall as the battle outside continued to increase in tempo.
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited June 6, 2009 3:27:58 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited June 6, 2009 3:28:46 PM)]
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

Post Number:  116
June 6, 2009 4:33:08 PM    View the profile of Karash 
The small room had been designated as the medic bay was almost overflowing because it now contained the Raiders SL and ASL as well as two Wraith troopers and the two medics. Just to make things that little more difficult no one was being co-operative and just wanted to get back to battle that was raging on outside. The weather had not improved since Karash had last looked but he could tell that things had not improved as wind was now smashing into the building, thunder blasted through and this was out the ferocious noise caused by the actual fighting. Karash knew that he had to get the two Raiders’ back out there because currently they were surviving on a cripple, two rookies and a Gungan.

"Not so fast, Sergeant. Without the use of both your arms you are next to useless out there, now stay put." Karash was referring to Joamer who was trying leave. He ignored what Karash said but Helena quickly reinforced the statement.

Karash’s attention was quickly turned back to Jaenna who was getting ever more frustrated, "Let me out of here!" her face was almost purple. "I am the SL of Raiders, and I order you to let me go! Keep Joamer and Havock, they need the attention more then I do." The sentence seemed to travel off into what was almost a tantrum.

"You know the rules, Star. As a medic I can overrule your command abilities if I see fit, and in this matter I have overruled them. Give the bacta time to work, then you can go on your way to getting shot again." Karash tried not to sound like he was ordering her but he had to get her to rest or things were going to get worse.

Havock seemed to erupt in laughter and sway as she was doing so, everyone looked over to her but she did not stop and even began to make some snorting sounds as she tried to speak. This was most unlike Hav and Karash realised that it most likely to be a symptom of her injuries and tried to ignore it.

“I will deal with Joamer; you deal with your own squad members.” Helena said as she moved over towards her squad members.

“Jae you sit over there and wait for the bacta to at least close the wound a little bit.” The SL looked at Karash for a minute, “I will deal with Havock first.” Jae mumbled to herself as she made her way over to the nearest bed.

Karash made his way over to Havock, “Now what happened to you?”

“What… oh I got hit on the head by… what?” Hav looked a bit confused and her eyes were dilated.

Karash felt the area where she had been hit, there was just a bit of swelling and this all made it ever more likely that she a slight concussion. He thought that it would be best for him to put a bacta patch on the area and then just give her some pills to stop pain and any other further swelling or internal bleeding.

“Aren’t you even going to ask me out first?” Hav said with a giggle.

Karash quickly stepped back from Havock and made a very undignified “PFFT!” noise. “Now take these two, by the time I am finished with Jae you can both leave. In the mean time try to stop yourself falling off the bed or anything because I am fed up of dealing with you.” Karash gave a smirk as he turned to Jae.

It was at that moment that there was an explosion that felt like it caused the very ground to tremble, everyone in the room stood in silence for a moment waiting for blaster fire and all reached for any weapon they had. The blaster fire came after what seemed to be a lifetime and was accompanied by a message that confirmed everyone was still alive.

“Can you hurry up?! You just heard what’s happening out there!” Jae seemed to shake as she spoke.

“If you stay still for just a few more minute you and Hav can get out there and almost killed all over again.” Karash realised that it was not the time to laugh at his own remarks.

“Alright then it seems to have stopped bleeding and covered up a little. I think just a little synthflesh will do the job.” Karash wasn’t really talking to the SL but said it out loud anyway.

For the next few minutes Karash placed the synthflesh over the wound and tried to make it so as little permanent damage would be caused. As he did so Jae finally stopped fidgeting as she seemed to realise it would not be too much longer.

“I am just going to give you a shot of bacta to help it heal some more. But you and the injury kid over there…” Karash said referring to Havock “…need to get it all looked at when we get out of here.”

“Sure, thanks Karash. Can we go?” Jae asked impatiently.

“Just try to look after yourselves this time and it shouldn’t be too long until I am out there to.” Karash said.

Both Jaenna and Havock made there way out of the room to the battle; it was even loader now and weather was the thing that was barely audible. There were bangs, crashes, blaster shots and even the occasional roar of pain or anger. It was then that Karash felt an overwhelming sense that he did not want to leave this room as it seemed safer but he had no choice and prepared to make his own way to the fearsome battle.

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  694
Total Posts:  823
June 6, 2009 5:07:49 PM    View the profile of RK 
Rk sighed out loud, trying to relieve some of the stress that he was feeling from the past few hours. It seemed like they were stuck in a standstill, even though the favor was in their hand at the moment. At least that’s how it felt.

“If this doesn’t end soon, I swear I will go dini’la.” Even as the words left his mouth another round of red fire was sent past his helmet, the enemy had decided to fight back again. How long he didn’t know, but RK was glad they hadn’t given up. He was getting bored , as he had expressed.

“If only we had a clue what you just said.” Anival said, almost screaming, considering his lack of helmet.

RK smiled a bit on the inside. One good thing of knowing a dead language and living out a dead set of rules and customs, was nobody knew what you were saying, unless they themselves learned it or had grown up in a family who had been ancestors of those who followed it. In the real scheme of things, he was just glad he was different, even if a little weird. “Good,then I can swear at you , and tell you it’s a compliment.”

“Great, a code, how mature.”

“Shut up, you Di’kut.” RK said as he fired a few shots in the south east direction;  only to see a gun and helmet fly through the air after his blue lights had made contact.

“I think he just swore at you, Anival.” Ananazi’s voice said, sounding a lot like sarcasm and annoyance. He hadn’t wanted to use the E-web, but they had voted him on it, so that’s were he had gotten stuck. So he was venting his anger, in a weird way.

“Thanks for stating the obvious.” Anival replied, noticeably irritated. “I think we should do less chatting and more shooting.”
“I agree.” RK wasn’t even paying attention really; he was focused on the attacking forces. Though it seemed they weren’t returning fire, it had ceased somewhere between him calling Anival a moron, and Anival trying his best to shut them up. “Lucky, we have time to chat.”

“You’re a hopeless Case, RK.” Anival said, his voice a sentiment of defeat.

“I know, why do you think I joined the empire in the first place?” RK grinned.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha
[This message has been edited by RK (edited June 6, 2009 5:32:54 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  154
June 6, 2009 5:23:13 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Their weapons and armor were sitting in a pile in the corner of the room. Havock walked over and leaned down to pick up her two DC-15 blaster pistols, unfortunately she failed. Stumbling she fell towards the wall and managed to stop clambering to the floor by putting both hands up and using the wall to stop herself.

Jae came up behind her and grabbed Hav to stop her from falling. Havock just laughed as she stood there, her forehead resting against the wall. Jae flipped Havock around to look her in the eyes, she just stared at her for a long moment while Hav continued to chuckle.

Jae's expression started stern, but it quickly changed to concerned as she looked into her friend's glazed expression. “Hav, I think you need to stay here.”

Havock took a few cleansing breaths, it was becoming hard to focus her thoughts. She had no idea why she was laughing so much, so it had to be part of her injuries. “Jae, Karash made me take medicine. Its...got the..I mean, its supposed to help with the shw...sh...swelling.” She pointed to her head and wobbled, chuckling.

“Hav.” Now she was speaking with some authority.

“No.” Hav looked up at Jae, she used every ounce of focus she could manage. “No, I'll be fine. Remember, I promised to tell you if I wasn't. I remember that. I'm..f..fine.”

Havock turned and leaned over, managing to pick up the blasters this time and standing with no problems. She swallowed and glanced towards the other room, listening to the weapons fire. “Time to go.” She smirked and walked out of the room, kneeling next to Raelene who was firing her E-11 out the main window.

Havock glanced around the room, careful not to move her head too quickly and make the room spin. There was broken glass and fragments of spears and crossbow bolts strewn around the room. She could hear Rogueboy's E-Web firing down the street, and Grahim's voice over the comm as he hit targets.

Jae walked into the room and ducked down behind Havock. “How many of them?”

Havock turned back towards Jae with a stunned look on her face. “You want me to count them?”

Jaenna rolled her eyes at her ASL. “Are there lots of them or not?”

“Corporal, looks to be about forty hostiles in the surrounding buildings, they are taking pot-shots at us and ducking.” Raelene answered as she continued to fire her weapon at the ghosts.

Havock nodded. “Yeah, what she said.” Then the ASL turned and started to fire her blasters at the same almost invisible targets.

It was nearly impossible for Havock to get a really clear shot. Her vision was cloudy and the noises around her seemed ten times louder than they should be. She could only imagine how long she was going to spend in the med bay when they got back from this mission. Her mind drifted to how long they had been on the mission, and she hoped that it would be over soon. Havock's poor head couldn't take much more punishment.

A stray bolt from a rifle, the barbarians no doubt reclaimed from an imperial troop at some point, sailed past Havock's head causing her to flinch. “Gah, dammit.”

Karash walked in and scooted next to Raelene. “Where do you want me?”

Havock glanced over at him then looked behind her shoulder for Jae, who was no where to be found. Havock blinked a few times, trying to remember when Jae left. Then, Karash's impatient look on his face snapped her back to reality. “Go upstairs, see if you can find a place to cover on Grahim's floor. Don't think its a good idea any of us being alone.”

Another round of fire hit the wall next to Havock's head making her flinch again and sending debris and dust into her face. Rubbing the dirt out of her eyes she turned back to the street and continued to fire.
Vehicle Crewman

Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  304
June 6, 2009 7:27:57 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival stood after a while, and stretched his cramped legs, he flexed his hands and winced, at least it wasn’t his firing hand.

“Tell me when Joamer wakes up.” Anival said, getting up and checking his rifle, he took out his nearly depleted clip and laid it  on the floor, and hiding it under Joamer cot, in the old Yosnain tradition.

Anival left the room, wiped the blood that had formed around his eyebrow, and wiped it on the wall making a bloody arch.

“I know, why do you think I joined the empire in the first place?.”

Anival was getting frustrated, the sweat was getting into his cut, and was stinging.

Anival shot his rifle, and felt the recoil jar his finger. Anival decided to go inside the building, walking towards the stairs Anival could hear voices coming from the makeshift infirmary.

Anival stepped up to the second floor and, and looked through the sniper holes, Anival had never been or pretended to be a sniper, he was a good shot, but not a great shot.

Anival heard a voice, an incredibly irritating voice, and all his anger all his frustration focused on that voice, and he head toward the voice. It was irresistible, alluring, like a siren’s call.

The gungan looked up as Anival walked towards him, Anival felt a strong feeling in the pit of his stomach, like a Rancor and a Krytt Dragons love child. Stopping himself, Anival straightened his path and came to a halt, staring out at the landscape, and their future resting place.

“What did yousa doin, back theres?” came the gunman’s grating voice.

“A Yosnain tradition, it is for a quick recuperation.” said Anival through clenched teeth.

The gungan didn’t say anything else, after a while he started to open his mouth, Anival grabbed him by the ears and bashed his head against the wall.

“Shut up!”

Grabbing Anival’s head the gungan used the unexpected maneuver to hit Anival on the scabbing gash, sending fresh blood oozing out, Anival grunted, and kicked out with his legs, sending the gungan sprawling to the floor, and nearly toppling down the stairs.

Anival heard thuds coming from the lower levels, The gungan jumped at Anival, something gave him a warning, and he sidestepped and slammed the but of his rifle into the gungan’s gut, as RK tackled the Gungan, Anival stared in blind rage and started to make a leap when something hit him, slamming him back, and knocking the breath out of his lungs.

“Get off of me!” screamed Anival getting up put being pressed back down by another body.

“Ahh” screamed RK as the gungan kicked him, and ran towards Anival.

Anival took a DC-15 and aimed it at the gungan, he stopped cold, suddenly there was a nozzle pressed into Anival’s neck.

“Don’t do it” came Helena’s soft voice.

Anival squeezed the trigger and it clicked, it was empty. Kand and Jori moved Anival to his feet, and led him down stairs.

“We have better things to do than baby sit you!” screamed Kanderin, Anival looked away and focused on the knots in the wooden beams.

Anival tuned out Kand’s lecture, and started to think about his home world, the gravity was greater, and so was the air, Anival suddenly felt homesick.

“Pay attention!” screamed Kanderin, “we have injured troopers, and here you are injuring more!”

Anival hung his head in shame, he didn’t really feel sorry, but it was better for his SL to think he was.

“There will be repercussion for this, and you will be incredibly lucky if you don’t.” with that Kand walked away.

Helena gave him a stern look, “that’ll need stitches” she said motioning at his gash.

Anival ignored her and walked out, RK and Jori following behind him.

Anival turned his face into the breeze, allowing the air to hit his face.

“You know” said Jori, “I never noticed you’re eyes, they are different colors,brown and grey, but when I was in their they were, black, I don’t know how to describe it, but, you..” he stopped.

Anival let it go, he knew what he was talking about, it was as if his anger had been multiplied, and fed, fed by the events of the past few days.

“I am curious though, what did you do with the half empty clip.” asked RK

“It’s an old Yosnain tradition, it was said to be bad luck for you to use the same clip after someone close was injured.”

RK looked at him and turned around.

Anival kneeled near a pile of rubble, and looked at his surroundings, it would have been a beautiful place on any other circumstances, but now it was hideous, buildings broken down, or blown apart, makeshift barricades littering the streets, shards of glass laying on broken chairs.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 6, 2009 7:54:08 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  605
Total Posts:  794
June 6, 2009 9:59:18 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
The wait felt agonizingly long, yet was merely a few seconds. All of the Iron Horse squad members were on their toes awaiting for the signal of fire to begin their advance upon their foes. The rain seemed to act as a elaborate time piece that showed the battle time. Each drop splashing into the surface of the planet, tops of huts and onto the soldier's armaments acted as a second. The slow decent agonized each and every moment.

Sam let his mind wander for a second to think, This would be horrendous if this were snow. He pulled himself quickly back to the task at hand when the fiery light filled a small portion of his view. The uncivilized screech of pain brought a very small glimpse of what kind of pain the barbaric being was in from the flames.

Sam ripped out of the hut that he had taken cover in and rushed forward to where his comrade had nuked a barbarian. He could see the massive beast flailing about and gradually being doused by the falling rain. Sam had falling into the mindset that what they were fighting were not humans or any respectable creature, but simply beasts and nothing more. It helped him fight without a second guess. All he had hoped was that there would never be an instant where they came across the barbarian village and shown their women or children. He feared he would simply be able to slaughter them without a second thought. Yet, he knew that after he had done something like that he would be unable to look at himself for a long time afterwards.

Still rushing to give BARman assistance, he lifted his weapon and fired a few bursts at the beast. With each hit it appeared that the barbarian became more and more frustrated to a blistering level of anger. Another flare engulfed the foe. Another volley of blaster shots from the assaulting Zabrak hit.

"Get back you two!" a voice rang out from behind Sam. He had been focused on what was before him and lost track of what was behind him. Within seconds of the command, a horizontal rain of red lasers showered the barbarian.

Sam halted mid-stride still sliding a bit in the mud. He turned back to see Brock and Saphira manning a heavy repeater mounted on a tri-pod. They were laying waste into the gigantic beast. The thing was caught off balance by the sudden burst of flames to his backside and now being hit with some extremely heavy blaster fire. It would seem completely unfair to the untrained eye, yet the barbaric man was holding his own at least until he was doused in flames and blaster fire once more.

The menace fell slowly to his knees, still alight, and collapsed into the muddy floor, extinguished in both life and flame.
TRP/SFC Sandwich Sam/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BM][GS][EW1][CoR][CDS][SRP]

Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammar, that asshole will just put you into a false sense of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  226
June 7, 2009 8:45:05 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
"It is useless." Joamer said, he tossed down a medium length metal tube in disgust. After Havock and Star had been freed he had been still stuck here. After another hour of begging and pleading Helena had found him an electrical bag. He had spent the last two hours trying to elicit some response from his left arm.

"Do not give up hope, just yet. I am sure with more time you could get it to work again." Helena said softly as she walked over. Joamer shot her a dark look and mumbled something under his breath.

"I know what the problem is, and I know how to fix it. The issue is the primary and both secondary processors are fried. The arm works fine, it is just the chip in my head and it can not communicate. I did not think to bring a spare, and there is nothing we have that could even be rigged to work even part way." Joamer muttered angrily.

Helena sighed slowly and looked at the bed, she waited several long moments before speaking "Do you want to be ASL of Wraith?" She said it so softly it took Joamer almost thirty seconds for the news hit him.

Blinking several times he looked up, she met his gaze with a strong face, he had been fighting by her side for so long he could tell it was a a false facade. She never could get the eyes to appear strong.

"Helena," He reached out and took one of her hands with his right hand. "we all voted. You are ASL, not me. I do not want the job, you are the balance to Kanderin. You keep him in check, specially in times like this. He is the gung hoe, jump in head first one. You are the more reserved one, most of the time."

Joamer tightened his grip for an instant before letting go. The sound of blaster fire was increasing every few minutes. Joamer sighed slowly, he looked over at his armor and weapons sitting on the floor. Helena mumbled something to herself before standing up and nodding.

Silently thanking her Joamer stood up and took a step, his right leg twitched and he stumbled. Getting his balance he took another step, but this time he compensated for the twitch and made it to his armor without stumbling again.

Reaching down he started grabbing things and putting them on as best he could with one working arm. He managed to get most his armor on, but the vambraces and gauntlets on his right arm proved to be troublesome. He thought about leaving then but he saw Helena lean down and grab one of the pieces, he ignored the small smile she had on her face as he extended his arm.

With quick precise movements she had the remaining pieces of his armor on. She helped him buckle his weapons belt on, a procedure both of them forgot took place the instant it was done with. Reaching over to the table he griped his frontier model B pistol and checked it over slowly, he holstered it a few seconds later. Pulling out the barrel of his DC-15 he looked it over before placing it on the table, he then picked up the body of the rifle and gave it a quick once over. Kneeling down he gripped the body between his knees and placed the barrel into the slot and gave it a small twist. He stood up when he heard the soft thrum and the series of beeps emit from the rifle.

Standing up he picked up the rifle and looked at Helena, she had a worried expression on her face. Taking a deep breath he let it out slowly.

"I will be alright." He said softly, she mumbled something to herself and walked away. Shaking his head he walked out the door into the main room to a scene of trouble.

Anival was being pushed down the stairs by an angry Kanderin, he managed to catch himself before falling and just slammed into the far wall. The look on Kanderins face was murderous, it softened somewhat as he saw Joamer standing in the room.

Glaring at Anival, Kanderin walked up to Joamer and looked him up and down. Mumbling something to himself he glanced at his troopers left arm for a long moment.

"No luck?" He said.

Joamer shrugged and said "What is going on?"

"Your wingman decided to beat up the Gungan." Kanderin said angrily. Ignoring whatever Kanderin was going to say next Joamer walked towards Anival, he was leaning against the wall with a strange expression on his face.

He leaned his DC-15 against the wall, and in nearly the same second reached out his right arm to grip Anival's chest plate. The force in with he grabbed the younger man caused him to slam into the wall, he lifted him off the ground and let him hang there. He was not sure what his face was going, but Anival's was close to pure terror.

He could sense the others behind him paying attention now, he could see out of the corner of his eye Helena and Kanderin standing next to each other. He took a deep breath and slowly let his friend back onto the ground.

"This is a warning, you are my wingman Anival. Above anyone else I choose you to guard my back, and while I am gone you do this? Next time charges will be filed. Now come on."

Turning around Joamer picked up his rifle and walked up to Kanderin and Helena "Orders, sirs?"

Kanderin was tapping his chin with an index finger, he was trying to hide the small smile on his face. Helena was fighting laughter, he ignored both of their faces and starred at a point over their heads.

"Go up stairs, third floor. Find a suitable position and do what you do best." Kanderin said, when Joamer turned around towards the stairs he heard snickering.

Ignoring everyone in the room he walked up the stairs with Anival close behind him. Quickly making his way to the third floor he entered a room on the front side of the building and looked around. The windows gave a decent view of the front of the building. A single bed sat in a corner, a table sat in another corner, the chair was nowhere to be seen.

Joamer placed his rifle on the bed and dragged it to the center of the room, sitting down he propped the rifle against the bed frame and looked through the scope. Even with only one good arm he could still manage to be a decent shot, and with this setup maintaining the rifles accuracy was easy.

He began adjusting the settings while Anival went to stand next to a window, his A280 held out in front of him. Long moments passed while he waited for his friend to say something.

"I am sorry for how I acted." Anival said softly.

Shaking his head Joamer grinned "Don't worry about it, that was only done to placate anyone who thought you would get away from that scot free. Tell you the truth, I have wanted to give him a good thrashing the moment I saw him, just do not let it happen again."

Anival smiled slowly and kneeled down beside the window. Joamer nodded as he brought the rifle and glanced out the scope, now they waited for something dumb enough to come out of hiding.
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  696
Total Posts:  823
June 7, 2009 9:39:38 AM    View the profile of RK 
“RK, Kand wants you on outside guard duty stat, find a good place to set up.” Jori’s voice called from down the hall. RK turned to face his comrade once he made it down the hall; only when he turned around he almost got a face full of Jori.

“What’s the rush? No one has attacked us , yet.” RK brushed off his face, trying to get some of the sweat out of his eyes.

“I don’t know, but they are coming in waves, well attacking I should say. Can’t be to sure.” Jori gathered himself and stepped past RK; who was now fidgeting with his helmet to put it back on his head.

It only took them about a standard minute to get outside, but RK’s mind made it feel like longer. His thoughts were going back to the events that had happened earlier today, along with the pain radiating from his ribs it felt like an eternity. Still, he was glad to be back on the frontlines, it was a way of forgetting everything and concentrating on killing some chakaare.

“I got the E-web.” Jori sounded almost excited at that revelation. Why he would ever want to stand out in the open with a turret was beyond RK, maybe it was because he trusted RK to take out any threats; still whatever the reason it was not what he would have done.

“Fine, lucky.” It was sarcasm, but in these times RK knew it was a strees reliever.

Before setting up RK replaced his helmet, picked up his deece and then sat back down with his back against the make shift barricade. Once he was all set he began to switch his deece’s function. His hand moved over the weapon as delicately as possible, he found the release button, he pressed it and let the barrel slide off the end. This revealed the blue glow of the firing chamber; He covered it with his anti-armor attachment and settled it in place with a click. He didn’t know what was next, but it was best if he took them out as fast as possible.

“Your not actually going to use that are you? I mean we don’t need dead body parts all over the place.” Jori’s voice sounded almost mute through RK’s helmet, but he was still able to make out the words.

“Yea, I mean better to know there dead then have them get up. After all, I can only deal with zombies for so long, and that last mission was enough for me.” RK didn’t even breath after that statement, something had caught his attention.

“You got me …”

“Quiet, something…” RK did not even finish his sentence before the familiar sound of a grenade hitting ground was heard. Both RK and Jori saw it at the same time.

“Oh.. shab” then RK saw the metallic object hit the ground in front of him, and that was the last thing he remembered, except running.

He was already moving, adrenaline carrying him. His rib was crying out in pain, but his mind was keeping him moving. He had to get as far from the thing as possible. It was too late. He hit the ground with a thud, and he could hear Jori swear in his ear.

“What happened?!” It was Helena’s voice that hit RK’s ear. He was fully conscious, but he was dazed. He had not known what happened. All he knew was he was still alive.

“Were fine, grenade… don’t know where it came from.” RK’s voice was shaky.

“Get out of there, or find safer ground.”

“Yes, Ma’am. Jori you alright?” RK struggled to collect himself. Once he did he could taste his blood, somehow he had hit his lip, he would figure it out later, now though he had to get out of there before another grenade was thrown into their vicinity.

“Yea, but I don’t think they like us.”

“You’re the one who wanted the e-web, you di’kut.” RK said it as a reassuring statement this time.

“What does that even mean?”

“Basically, you can’t put your pants on, but I will give you a crash course later, right now we got get our shebs out of here.”

“There you go again with that alien language.”

RK smiled. Definetly gonna have to give a crash course.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha
[This message has been edited by RK (edited June 7, 2009 9:41:31 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited June 7, 2009 9:41:33 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited June 7, 2009 9:44:12 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited June 7, 2009 9:50:08 AM)]
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  155
June 7, 2009 11:04:59 AM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock turned around as she heard the commotion behind her. Scanning the room she saw Joamer slam Anival into the wall, for some reason, then lift him off the ground. The scene made everyone else stop and gape wide-eyed, but not Havock. No, Havock nearly fell over she was laughing so hard at the whole situation.

Jae started to walk over, no doubt she had some choice words for Anival considering he roughed up a member of  RAIDERS. But seeing Havock's reaction, and the fact that it was obvious Joamer had taken care of the situation, she turned and walked back over to Havock.

Raelene looked at the ASL as if she had completely lost her mind. Jae knelt down, and winced from the wound in her hip as she did so. “Hav, look at me.”

Havock coughed as she tried to stop the fit of laughter. Her brain knew she was acting like a lunatic, but it was increasingly hard to stop herself once she got started. Looking up she met Jae's green eyes and took several deep breaths to get herself back under control.

“Okay, okay. I know.” Hav rubbed her head. “I'm not in the best shape, and I have no idea why Joamer lifting him off the ground was so funny, wait. How did he do that?”

Jae smirked, Hav may have been laughing at everything like a drunk but she was talking a lot clearer. The medicine Karash forced her to take must have been doing its job. “He has cybernetics, like me. Remember that time you thought it would be fun to try to arm wrestle me using that arm?”

“Ugh, yeah don't remind me.” Havock rubbed her arm opposite of Jae's cybernetic one. The girl almost pulled Havock's arm right out of its socket, but Hav knew Jae would never do that.

A number of bolts hitting the wall, brought Havock back to the task at hand. She turned and looked back out the window, getting her blasters ready. “We are thinning them out, unless they have more re-enforcements I think we are doing okay here.”

Jaenna took a deep breath. “Good, I don't like the fact that they know we are stuck here.”

“Yeah, its not my favorite part of the plan either.”

Jae patted Havock on the shoulder and walked towards the stairs, probably to check on Grahim. Havock smirked as she walked away and turned back towards the window, blasting a few bolts just for good measure. She had no clue what Karash had given her, but he was a much better medic than she had ever given him credit for. Her head was a dull ache now, and although she was still pretty dizzy as long as she stayed where she was she could deal with the sensation.

She heard Raelene yell, and snapped her head over just a little too fast. “Talk to me, Rae.”

“Ah, a bolt grazed my arm. Hurts but I'm okay.” Hav could see the black streak on the girls armor.

“I know your tired, your doing fine Private.” Havock fired a few more bolts and watched as one then two barbarians fell. It was nearly impossible in the war zone to know who specifically fired the shots. Havock could care less about the particulars, as long as they were the ones that kept falling, not members of her squad.

An explosion rocked the building, causing both Raelene and Havock to fall into a cover position to keep safe from the debris that rained down.

“What was that?” Raelene's shaky voice came through the comm.

“Another detpack? Or the barbarians, or it could have been Wraith's being cute.”

Raelene looked up horrified at the Lance Corporal. “Cute?”

Havock reached over and lifted Rae up by the back of her chest plate. “Keep firing, Private.”
Vehicle Crewman

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited June 7, 2009 11:17:40 AM)]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  305
June 7, 2009 12:46:00 AM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival grimaced as a bolt embedded itself near a wall not ten feet from where he stood.

“I don’t know how you go around without a helmet.” muttered Anival.

Now that he had gotten under control again, he felt embarrassed by what had occurred.

“They will target us more you know, the enemy I mean, since we stand out, no helmet and all, they might think we are important or something.”

Anival noticed Joamer struggling to keep the rifle up. Anival aimed his weapon out into the ground below, searching for a barbarian stupid enough to walk out un protected. There was an abundance in stupidity among the enemy. Anival fire two four shots, only one hit it’s mark.

Noticing Joamer’s limp arm Anival thought about what he had at his disposal all he could think about that would help was his fusion cutter.

Another thud hit the outside of the building, and the end of a bolt was visible on the inside, it was an inch from Anival’s legs.

“Will a fusion cutter help? Asked Anival motioning at Joamer’s limp arm.

“No, it’s not the arm, it’s the chip.”

“Oh.” said Anival pretending to understand.

Anival set his A280 down, he was worse than useless at this range, it would be better to conserve his ammo.

An explosion rocked the building, there was a loud screech as the beams supporting the third floor caved in, sending shard of wood in every direction, Anival covered his head, waiting for the torrent of splintered wood to stop. 

Anival stood and surveyed the damage, the third floor had collapsed, leaving a stack of ruble to the top, the end result was a crude tower of wood that could be climbed.

“Joamer, Ani, get down here!” came a yell from below, Anival stood and took out a small piece of wood that was half buried in his arm, and headed to the lower floor.

Standing there was, Kand, Helena, and several of the raiders, the people Anival noticed were missing, Jori and RK.

“As you probably noticed, RK, and Jori, aren’t here, go out into the field and find them, they shouldn’t be far, but we don’t want to lose anybody.”

Anival nodded, and followed Joamer out, Joamer strapped his rifle to his shoulder, and took out a model B frontier pistol. Anival noticed Joamer slight limp.

“I’ll take point.”

Joamer nodded.

Anival walked toward the front of the building, he heard blaster fire.

The E-web, thought Anival, and raced towards it.

Another blast sent dirt and dust into the air.
RK, was shooting at any Barbarians that got to close to Jori, Jori was mowing down Barbarians after barbarian. Anival heard a roar as a Barbarian slammed into RK, aiming his gun RK fired, it clicked but nothing happened, he shot again, and it clicked again.

The Barbarian lifted a cleaver above his head and fell backwards, a hole in his head. Anival lowered his rifle, and closed the distance.

Anival noticed bodies lying on the floor, and the E-webs read critical, it was about to overheat. There were only five barbarians left, Jori finished one, and Joamer the other.

“Give the E-web a rest, we are going to need it.”

The four of them created a line, shooting at the barbarians, Anival and RK managed to subdue one, only two were left, Joamer and Jori finished them off.

Anival fell to the ground as a giant fist tossed him into a wall. Somehow a barbarian had managed to creep up behind them, Anival stood a bit dazed, and looked at RK, he had also been tossed like so much bantha fodder.

The Barbarian picked up Joamer by his bad hand, Joamer had a point blank range, his pistol was on the floor, and the only weapon he had was his Sniper rifle, he shot at the Barbarian.

It was a beautifully gruesome site, the beam left the weapon and immediately decimated the barbarian, a shower of blood and limbs went flying, a stream of blood poured on them, and a finger hits Anival in the nose. Blood was everywhere, on their armor, on them, Anival recoiled as he tasted blood, it wasn’t his.

“RK, comm Kand, tell him you’re alright, and what our order are.”
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited June 7, 2009 1:31:31 PM)]
StarFruit
ComNet Initiate

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  181
Total Posts:  799
June 8, 2009 5:44:52 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
“Oi, Grahim. What happened with Anival?” The RAIDERS SL’s voice was soft and showed that she was obviously in pain. Sea-foam eyes were drooping, and her hair was an utter mess, no longer up in that bun that she usually had it in while in combat or in uniform. It was down and krimpy, some flecks of dried blood sticking to strands here and there, and a little damp from sweat, and other forms of moisture. As she climbed the last bit of stairs, a small explosion set her balance off a bit, a grimace coming to her pale pink lips as they drew back in a snarl, pain shooting through her hip. Quickly, she gripped the railing and stopped her slow ascent up the stairs, waiting for the pain to subside once more. Of course, Karash’s treatment did help, but going against orders from a medic and moving about right after the aforementioned treatment was never a good idea. But then again… it was Jaenna Caldwin after all.

It didn’t matter to her that another attack had started. While she was downstairs getting fixed up by her medic, she had heard yelling and a whole shit load of commotion. She had stepped up for a moment to see what was happening, but found that it was nothing since Joamer had apparently taken care of it. After that, she had spoken to Havock, then went back downstairs to rest her hip up a bit more. Problem was… the entire time she was down there, she was thinking about what could have happened. And so, here’s she was, making her way up the steps slowly, in the middle of the final attack from those dammed Barbarians, wincing in pain.

Finally, she reached the top of the steps and hobbled her way over to a desk. There, Grahim was kneeling with his DC-15 aimed out of one of the broken windows. Jae grimaced at the site of his now half-gone ear, then sighed and tapped him on the shoulder. “Private. What happened earlier with Anival? Cease fire and take cover so I can know the story.”

Nodding, Grahim set his rifle down and knelt behind the desk, looking at Jae with wide eyes, a frown covering his face. “Dassa dirty hissen tried toosa shotsa mesa.”

Jae’s expression instantly dropped. “What do you mean ‘he tried to shoot you?” Her voice had gone rough, anger rising deep in the pit of her stomach. Even though she had only been SL for a day now, she thoughts of Grahim as a friend from the beginning.

The Gungan grumbled and sighed softly. “Hesse pulled da trigger. Butsa der was noosa ammos lefts.”

That was it. Jae growled deep in her throat and looked down at the floor. Grahim seemed to have backed away a little as she growled. “Private. Return to your position, keep firing. I will take care of this problem. No worried, Grahim.” Standing she winced again in pain. That dammed bacta patch was doing nothing to help her pain. As she looked around, she didn’t see Anival, and so she decided to wait until this battle was over to approach him about it. Heh. It would be better to approach Kand with the issue anyways. Drawing her Starslaher, she positioned herself by one of the windows and set the muzzle of the shotgun on the ledge.

“Raawwrrrgurgle! You will die imperials!” The throat yell came from a large Barbarian as he was sprinting towards the town hall building. Shots were being fired, the yellowish bolts flying past the large brute of a man. His arm was raised a spear of sorts held in his palm, the serrated arrow head pointing at the building itself. Blood was spilling from his stomach were a bolt had penetrated. An ear was gone from his head, and one eyes was shut as blood and puss poured from the socket.

Havock took aim and fired, the bolt hitting him in the leg. Raelene followed suit and fired a shot as well, her shot striking him in the arm opposite the one carrying the spear. More and more Barbarians fell around this one large one. Again and again, the Troopers shot at it. But it never seemed to be falling. It just kept coming. It was meters away. But then… it stopped. It stood there, and watched the troopers as they stopped firing, in pure confusion. It was as if the large thing were taunting the StormTroopers and the other imperials.

“What is he doing?” Jaenna heard Helena ask from somewhere next to her.

No body answered, for nobody knew what was going on.

Jaenna, though, had a horrid feeling. Slowly, she reached her left hand behind her and gripped the hilt of one of her Vibrobaldes.

That was when it happened. Everybody fell to the floor as the ceiling seemed to just cave in, three large bodies falling down with it. They were Barbarians. Jaenna heard the large one outside laugh in triumph. The troopers were screaming, and shooting the best they could in the small vicinity of the town hall main room. Bolts hit the Barbarians, but they didn’t fall. They just growled and smashed things about. One knocked Grahim flying to the right, and into a wall. He crashed through the old wood and flew outside, his body limp on the ground. Karash saw this and ran after him, medipack in his arms. The second one picked up a desk and threw it at a group of Wraith, Joamer and Kand falling under it’s weight. The others rushed to their aid. It was carnage. Total carnage. The Barbarians were laughing as they smashed and swung their arms about, throwing troopers into walls and smashing the building.

“It’ coming down! Get out of here! Everyone!” Helena yelled as finally, Joamer and Kand were freed from under the desk, both of them hurt and bleeding.

Everyone grabbed their weapons and the injured from the building and hobbled their way from the wreckage. They ran out, and fell into the wet and muddy ground, bloodied and in pain. Most of them stood back up, weapons aimed at the rampaging Barbarians. Shots continued to be fired. Yells were erupting from the damaged Platoon. Wraiths were screaming, Iron Horses were cursing, RAIDERS were blasting their weapons at full power. The bolts hit the Barbarians, but still nothing happened. The brutes were bleeding and were still yelling. They threw things about, knocking down the walls of the town hall. It was all very frightening. It was odd. It was raining. It was storming. Lightning crashed down in the center of town, lighting up the battle field. Blood was everywhere. Bits of troopers, bits of Barbarians. It was all almost too much. Everyone was tired. It needed to end.

“Dammit!” Jaenna yelled as she tried to stand, but fell back into the mud and blood, her hip screaming out in utter and agonizing pain.

Havock ran over to her, the ASL’s head bandage showing a blood stain. But the girl didn’t seem to care. “Jae! We need to end this!”

“I know, Havock! You distract the main Barb by running about. Draw him towards the ruins of the bar at the east of the village. Com me once he’s there, then take cover!” She yelled the orders over the rampaging Barbs and the rain. She spat on the ground, blood and spittle coming from her lips. She wiped her mouth and grumbled. Then she smiled up at Havock and wrapped her arms around the younger trooper. “Be careful, Hav.”

“I will be, Jae.” With that, Havock took off running towards the larger Barbarian, obviously the leader of the rest of the fallen. “Come get some you big fumbling idiot!” She yelled at it before running for the eastern part of the village, wincing in pain as she did so. But… the girl was determined to make Jaenna proud. The Big Barb ran after Havock, it’s lumbering weight shaking the ground with each stomp it made. It was significantly larger than the rest. Again: obviously the leader. Havock continued running, the BB continued chasing. Jaenna watched, a nervous wreck.

“Please don’t let her die. I would never forgive myself…” She sighed and looked at the rest of the troopers, still occupied with the other three Barbs. They continued shooting. They were doing some good amount of damage now; the three brutes were bleeding profusely and were slowing their attack on the town hall. Smiling at this, Jaenna looked behind her, her sea-foam eyes setting themselves on the ruins of the inn. A smirk crossed her pale lips. “Alright. Not much time.” She grunted, and began to crawl her way towards the building. In about five painful minutes, she reached the threshold of the crumbling door. She punched it with her cybernetic arm, the rest of the wood crumbling down in front of her. She crawled into the building and set herself against the wall next to the receptionist desk… or what was left of it. There, she reached behind it and, after many moments and grunting and grumbling, pulled out a detonation system, just like the ones used earlier to blow the perimeter.

She heard it happen. The three Barbs fall. The troopers yelled in triumph. But the yelling didn’t last long. She saw some of them looking about, searching for something, or someone. “Where’s the RAIDERS SL and ASL?!” One of the Iron Horses yelled, panicking. The rest started to panic, running about searching for the two girls. Jaenna could only chuckle. They would soon know. But right now… she just hoped Havock would make it.

“Jae! He’s about to pass by the building in about fifteen seconds!” The com crackled with Havock’s voice and Jaenna’s eyes spilled over with tears.

“Thank you, Havock.” Jaenna winced again, she looked down quickly, blood was once again spilling from her hip, a new gash in her stomach as well from when the ceiling collapsed. She had noticed it until now. The SL was losing blood quickly. She needed to finish this. Now. Grunting in pain, she sat up, and unlocked the detonation box, and flipped the transperiglass top up, revealing the red button. She placed her thumb over the button, and took a deep breath. “Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five…” She coughed, blood dirbbling from her mouth.

“Jae! Come on! JAE!” Havock screamed through the com.

“Where are they!?!” The others were still looking for them. Again, Jaenna chuckled, more blood spitting from her mouth.

She grunted again. “Two…” She pressed the button. “One.”

The explosion rocked the entire village, flames erupting from the eastern side of the village, debris raining down, mixing in with the rain itself. Another crash of lightning struck down, and the Imperials and StormTroopers all jumped. None of them knew what had just happened. Chuckling once more, the detonation box fell from Jaenna’s arms. She spit up again, vomit and blood alike spill from her mouth as her vision blurred. The amount of blood she had lost was bad. But she couldn’t help but smile.

“It’s over…” She sighed, before coughing again, her chest heaving.

“She’s over here!” She heard someone yell. It was Kand. He was running towards Jae’s position, followed by Havock and few others from RAIDERS. “Corporal! Stay with us!” He kept yelling, he knelt down by Jaenna after kicked the detbox aside. He grabbed her shoulders and looked at her. “You did well, Corporal, now just stay with us!” Jaenna could hear Havock whimpering and sobbing in the background. Karash rushed over next, followed by Helena. They all gathered around her trying to find out what they could do.

“It’s… over…” Jaenna coughed one more time and set her head back against the ruined wall behind her, her body going limp, her eyes slowly shutting, the sea-foam color fading behind her eyelids.

OOC:
There. I think I ended the battle.

Oh and Jaenna isn't dead. She's just lost a whole shiton of blood, and has passed out.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

SL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
[Cor]

"I found the cure to happiness. Too bad it's an illegal substance."
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  228
June 8, 2009 6:57:57 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
The area was quiet, smoke rose from the destroyed wreck of the town hall and lay thick in the air. Everyone was milling about, the medics were setting up a triage center in another building. The others, who were not seriously injured were trying to get any sort of defenses ready. Out of the thirty buildings before they arrived, only five were left standing. Dead bodies were everywhere, the air was thick with death and decay.

Joamer watched as the barbarians entered the treeline and vanished one by one. It felt like the survivors were waiting for something, maybe the final hammer blow that would kill them all. They knew if they were attacked again it would be over quickly, they could not hold out anymore. The last barbarians entered the forest and vanished, the land went quiet.

It felt like a kind of peace had settled over the region, the constant dread of death no longer claimed the land. Over half the survivors were in shock, those not working on defenses milled about with lost expressions on their faces.

He had seen it before, it was the face you made when you survived utter terror for so long you just lost all feeling. Turning around he let his DC-15 hang from its harness. He met the eyes of troopers one by one, a quiet fell on the area.

It happened slowly, as the realization dawned. They had survived Hell, and they were still alive. The roar that erupted shock the ground, every one still able was shouting at the top of their lungs. Back slaps and laughter filled the air, Joamer ignored the pandemonium and began negotiating the crowd.

Walking slowly through the milling survivors he walked up to the triage center. He entered the house and looked around. Every Raider was present, sitting around quietly. Karash walked out of the backroom and the room went silent.

He waited a moment before saying "She has lost a lot of blood, luckily we brought the correct type. With rest she will be just fine. In the mean time Havock has been put in charge, since Star is sedated and will remain so for a few hours."

Everyone laughed quietly, the sound had some joy in it. Joamer felt the air change and ducked back outside, he walked up to Kand and nodded. The SL of Wraith returned the nod, no words needed to be said to pass on the information about Caldwin pulling through.

"Do you think they will attack again?" Kand said quietly, his eyes were moving about the place while a smile threatened at the corners of is mouth.

Looking around at the group celebrating Joamer shook his head and said "They could, but I doubt it. We bloodied them good here. Their numbers are probably in the thousands, but they know we are a tough nut to crack. I think we have some time before they come back, maybe enough to pack up and leave."

Kanderin nodded in agreement, he let out a long slow sigh. Everyone but them were celebrating but them, Kand noticed this and gestured to the crowd. Joamer grumbled something under his breath and Kand chuckled. Neither of them would celebrate until everyone was home safe.

"I should go find Arnaut and have a talk to him about what we do next. For the mean time, try to get this circus under control and get some sort of defense set backup." Kand said as he walked away.

Joamer muttered again and looked out over the crowd, he was watching the forest edge. He saw a single barbarian for a moment watching them, watching him. He waited for a long time after the figure had turned and vanished back into the forest.

Joamer sighed slowly and looked around, no one else had noticed them being watched. The celebration continued on, while he thought up of ways to secure this burned out husk of a village.
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  157
June 8, 2009 7:50:28 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock was sitting on the ground, her legs were drawn up to her chest, elbows resting on her knees with her hands clasped resting against her lips. She was shaking, it felt cold. Looking out from the ruined building she could see some of the troopers working to clean up what was left of the battle. Part of Hav, felt like she should have been out there helping. But right now she really didn't give a damn.

A hand reached over and touched her fists. Hav flinched and almost punched the presumptuous fool, until her eyes met Karash and she relaxed slightly. He wasn't really looking at her as much as he was examining something on her face.

“You know your nose is bleeding?” His eyes flicked from her nose to her forehead, he seemed to be looking for the source of the blood.

Havock snatched her hands back and put them to her lips again. “I think you have something more important to do, Private”

Hav looked past the medic, towards the street. Karash had already given her the run down. Jae had lost a ton of blood, but they had some on hand and she was going to be fine. Havock was in charge while Jae was sedated on the floor next to her, the least she could do was keep an eye on everyone. She didn't feel like doing anything else, not until her friend was okay. Really okay, not just Karash's word that she was going to be okay at some later date.

Karash's face softened, he looked tired. “She's fine, Hav.”

Hav slowly brought her eyes back to meet the medics, her voice was little more than a growl. “Then your job will be all the easier, now won't it?”

Karash just looked at the ASL. She could imagine many choice phrases he wanted to say to that last comment of hers, but something held him back. Havock rubbed the bandage on her forehead and became aware of something warm on her face. Holding her hands out in front of her she could see that they were covered in blood.

Kar nodded and their eyes met again. “You realize what Jae would say to you right now.”

Hav looked over at Jaenna, who was sleeping. Havock's whole body felt like it was collapsing in on itself. It had been a long mission, hell it had been a long day. When she finally spoke her voice was no more than a whisper. “Yeah, okay. But go tell the others her condition first. Then you can fix me again.”

Karash just shook his head at the tired, but still stubborn as ever Havock. Rolling his eyes he started to stand up but Havock grabbed his hand. “Thank you, Karash.”

He just smiled nervously before continuing into the other room to let the rest of the squad know that Jae was going to be okay. Looking around the room she could see Grahim resting on a near-by cot. He had been thrown about during the fighting, he was lucky to not have been hurt worse. They all were lucky.

She could hear the others cheer just as Karash walked back through the door and came straight over to Havock. “Let me see your face.”

Havock dropped her arms and glanced up as Rogueboy walked into the room. Karash took a cloth and started to wipe away the blood from her face.

“Hey Hav, what do you want us to do?” Rogueboy may have been talking to Havock but his eyes were glued to Jae the whole time.

“Tell me whats going on out there right now.”

“You know this would be easier if you would just go sit in that cot over there.” Karash growled softly.

Havock smirked at the medic. “I'm sure you can manage.” Then she looked back at Rogueboy waiting for his answer.

“Kand just left to talk to Arnaut, other than that we are just waiting.” He had to shift his weight as he leaned on the crutches in the doorway. Havock wondered why he didn't just come in the room, but this wasn't the time to ask such questions.

“Okay we need to wait for word from Arnaut to make any big decisions. Just help clean up and keep an eye on the perimeter, just in case.”

RB nodded. “You got it.” With that he turned and left the room completely.

Havock turned her eyes back to Karash and smirked. “So come on, lets hear it. Am I going to live?”

Karash just sneered.

It hurt, but she chuckled.
Vehicle Crewman

Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  310
June 8, 2009 9:21:08 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival stared at the destruction caused by Raiders new SL , Anival frowned, there must have been a better way to survive the massacre that would have awaited them all, but the option that had presented itself was an old one, blow everything up, it was a favorite of Anival’s. But not one he would have chosen in this case.

The once glorious building littered the roads, defacing the small village, even though it was simple, it had been beautiful. Walking around seeming less without purpose, made Anival mad, he always needed something to keep him busy.

Anival thought of things to do, but couldn’t think of anything, he just roamed the decimated remains of the city. Anival passed splintered beams, fractured roofs, and fire eating away at the village, making sure no memory was left.

Anival felt a cool breeze blow by and touched his index finger to his eyebrow, and back to his lip, it was an old Yosnain gesture to warn away malevolent spirits that would roam places such as these.

After five minutes of mindless wandering Anival arrived in a still erect building, one of the five that hade made it, Anival stepped in, the building looked untouched, either by friendly or hostile hands, everything was as it should be, the only out of place things were, the furnishings, they had all been taken in order to save the lives of his squad mates, and all the soldiers he didn’t know.

“What am I doing here?” Anival asked himself, feeling a strong emotion bubbling to the surface, Anival roared, he went outside and kicked a pile of rock and wood, scattering ashes everywhere, several cinders started small fires elsewhere, Anival ripped off the dangling remains of half his armor, it was useless, dead weight.

Anival continued to kick and push over beams, as he made his way back to the others. By the time Anival got back to the others he was out of breath, and wore a mask of peace.

“We need to reinforce this area.” came a voice, Anival wasn’t even paying attention to who said what, as much as what was said.

Finally, thought Anival, work.

Anival composed himself, and started to scavenge for anything that would help, Anival remembered he had toppled over a couple of remains, about two meters across and 2 feet wide, that would be helpful.

Jori silently trailed Anival. Anival didn’t say anything. When he reached the wood, he picked up as much as he could carry, and started back to their base, Jori did the same. When they arrived their were small barricades erected, Anival laid his wood down, and started on his own fortifications.

“We need more cover in the middle, it’s weaker there.”

Anival nodded, and picked up several chunks of wood, and started to strengthen the mid section of a small barricade.

“Anival.”

Anival looked up, Helena held something in her hand, offering it to Anival.

Anival glanced and saw it was a bacta patch, Anival was confused.

“For your head”

Anival remembered the pain near his temple, and winced.

“Thank you.” he said taking the patch and applying it to his wound.

Helena smiled and walked away with a quick nod.

Anival continued with his current job, in a short time it was decent enough to be called useless. Sighing Anival took out his necklace, it wasn’t anything he could do with it, he started to twirl it on his fingers, moving it back and forth, from his index finger to his pinky, and back again.

“Can you stop that?” came a voice.

Anival didn’t hear it.

“I said can you stop that.” Anival still didn’t hear it, he was elsewhere mentally.

Anival continued to twirl the necklace, an old gift, a special gift. Anival sighed and looked around, there were bodies everywhere, giving the place an eerie look, and a worse smell. It reminded Anival of a Kroshin beast pen, snorting Anival put away the necklace, and continued to make barricades.

“At least they will have something to trip on.” Muttered RK.

Anival was suddenly acutely aware of the rest of the squad.

Raiders had some injured, as well as wraith, but their SL was worst for wear.

Anival felt pity for their SL, she was a wreck, and that was putting it mildly. Anival was glad she would be alright, in the short time he knew her, he had liked her, even though he was sure he wouldn’t form a bond like the one wraith shared, she was alright. The rest of raiders was also equally  important in Anival’s eyes, all except the Gungan.

“Making a fashion statement?” asked RK, eying Anival’s armor.

“No.” replied Anival, not in the mood for conversation.

RK picked up on the hint and left it alone. Anival went back to making their base as impenetrable as possible.
Corporal Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

Post Number:  407
Total Posts:  462
June 9, 2009 4:09:22 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
“Finish him off, and keep your eyes peeled for more.” Riq ordered, stepping outside one of the huts.

Barman and Brock slowly advanced with another army trooper, their barrels fixated on the immobile barbarian body. They drew closer, meter by meter, until it was decided they had gone far enough. Urak noticed the beast’s finger twitch, and in that instance, was blown to shreds. Satisfied, the troopers returned back to where Saph and Riq were now. Sam was close by, getting a visual of the surrounding area and army troopers. Rising from the cart, which he found to have more then a few bolts embedded into it, Urakai likewise surveyed the area. Hoping that another attack would delay for a while, he remembered the injured trooper and, wishing to locate him, turned to the small hut he had previously encountered them. A small look of determination slowly intensified into a frown of confusion as now, behind the small hut, all that remained of the troopers was mud and a helmet. I guess they’ve already gone for help.

Saph was quickly talking to the officer in command of the army fragments ordered to hold the northern section. Urakai had now joined the group as Saph gave her plans, “We should deploy any heavy weapons we have now get ready for another attack. That means moving them in shelters out of the rain. Now, what we’ll do is spread them out, keep them well supplied and protected so groups of one or two manning while main forces stretch out around them. Agreed? Good.”

It was settled. Men were now popping out from behind obscure objects such as chairs or huts, dragging either the dead or themselves away, taking orders from their barking leaders. The dead were piled away from the font line and battered by the rain. The dead barbarian body, however intact it was, remained in the mud as a momentum for the troops. Urakai clipped his E-11 back onto his utility belt and help heavy a heavy repeater down a pathway in-between huts about ten meters away from where they made their stand. Sam was helping him lift it as an army trooper picked out a decent hut to fortify with the heavy weapon. Behind them was the rustle of men and clanking of weapons moving, half drowned out by the pouring of rain.
Senior Sergeant Urakai

Iron Horse Squad
TRP/SSGT Urakai/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited June 9, 2009 5:20:53 PM)]
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

Post Number:  117
June 9, 2009 8:40:37 AM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash paused for a moment before telling the squad that their SL would be perfectly fine, a few scars and a considerable amount of time before she was fighting fit again but fine none the less. A lot had happened in a very short amount of time between the town hall collapsing on its self and Jaenna blowing the last of the enemy up; Grahim was shot through a wall like a doll but by a considerable amount of luck he had managed to positions himself to reduce injury and get away with only a few cuts and bruises. Karash had also suffered a few minor injuries as the building collapsed and an old injury in his foot was now beginning to get worse however considering the fate of others he was doing alright.

All the Raiders were looking at Karash and waiting for some news on their SL but he was still wrapped up in his own thoughts. The squad leader of Raiders, Jaenna, had decided that the only was to win the battle was to blow her self to smithereens which seemed a little extreme to everyone else, but worked anyway. However the injuries that she had sustained were considerable and for a moment it was thought that she had died. However on closer inspection she was alive but the medics really did need to work fast. She was pumped full of bacta to work on internal injuries and even more bacta was applied to her external injuries however she had still lost an considerable amount of blood and therefore needed to kept unconscious for the time being.

“Damn it Karash tell us what the hell is happening!” Rogue shouted at the medic.

“What?” Karash stood in puzzlement for a moment. “Oh, Jae is fine at the moment and in a stable condition however she really does need to be put in a bacta tank soon.”

The Raiders gave a jubilant cheer as there SL was going to live, the majority of the squad were alive and they had seemed to have defeated the enemy. But Karash did not wish to sit and make small talk as Jae was still in a tender condition and Havock now had to be cleared up.

“Let me see your face.” Karash said to the ASL because it had to be cleaned up to see the individual injuries. “You know this would be easier if you would just go sit in that cot over there.”

“I'm sure you can manage.” Havock seemed to more comfortable now she knew that Jae was going to be fine.

“So come on, let’s hear it. Am I going to live?” Hav gave a pain ridden laugh.

“You know it is quite funny…” Karash laughed as he said it “…I would have expected you to be the one nearly getting themselves killed rather than Jae. After all I am expecting the Imperial army to send you the bill for the all the medical supplies I have used.”

They both laughed at what was said and as Karash applied more bacta batches to Havock’s face he listened to the work that was being done to try and clear things up a little bit. Then a noise came from one the cots that held the injured Raiders.

“Ugh!” The noise seemed a little wheezy. “Mesa head is booming and thesa foot is aching.” The Gungan wobbled slightly as he tried to get up.

Havock sighed slightly to not see Jae sitting up but Karash knew she didn’t mean any offence to Grahim. “Don’t get out of that cot just yet, a little more rest I think.”

“Mesa wants to help.” Grahim said defiantly.

“You will wait there for a little while longer Grahim, now listen to Karash.” Havock said with a little authority in her voice.

“Howsa is Jae?” Grahim’s attention moved to the SL.

“She is going to be just fine.” Karash replied before now addressing Havock. “As for you Hav, that long awaited and proper rest will take place.”

“No I have got to look after the squad. More enemies might come!” She said stubbornly.

“The squad can look after themselves for a little while and if anymore barb’s come I shall tell them to wait until after you have rested.” Karash said with a smile on his face.

Havock was about to object further but seemed to finally relent and moved over to one of the cots. For the time being the squad was relatively safe and alive, Karash just hoped it would stay that way.

Grahim
ComNet Initiate

Grahim

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  116
Total Posts:  284
June 9, 2009 10:25:08 AM    View the profile of Grahim 
“Howsa is Jae?” Grahim said and looked over to the room where Jae was treated. Grahim didn’t really like Jae but she was his friend and boss, and because of all the SL changes Grahim didn’t think the squad could handle another one.

“She is going to be just fine.” Karash replied before now addressing Havock. “As for you Hav, that long awaited and proper rest will take place.”

“No I have got to look after the squad. More enemies might come!” Havoc said stubbornly.

“The squad can look after themselves for a little while and if anymore barb’s come I shall tell them to wait until after you have rested.” Karash said and smiled. ”Grahim I will come see to your wounds too.” Grahim sat down waiting for Karash to get Havock to sleep. Grahim had cuts from both enemies and friends. Grahim didn’t really understand why Anival hated him so much.

“Mesa haven’t done any thingsa wrong against himsa.” Grahim whispered to himself.

“What did you say Grahim?” Karash asked.

“Mesa was wondering whysa Anival had attacked mesa.” Grahim answered.

“I don’t know either.” Karash said. ”Grahim let me examine your wounds.”

“Okeeday mesa won’t move” Grahim said as Karash looked at Grahim left ear.

“How did you lose this?” Karash said.

“Mesa lost itsa to una sniper.” Grahim answered.

“Okay let me put the bandage back on and then you can get out of here.” Karash said and started to wrap Grahim’s left ear in bandage.

“And if you would like to you could try to take that barb that is running around killing wounded troopers.” RB said as he came in the door.

“Whatsa barbarian?” Grahim asked.

“Urukai from IH has seen a barbarian that only kills wounded troopers, Or that is what Uruk says.” RB said.
Private Grahim Nass Sad
TRP/PVT Grahim/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Grahim (edited June 9, 2009 3:10:37 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Cadet

Joamer

Post Number:  229
June 9, 2009 1:35:18 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer walked around the edge of the village green slowly. When the celebration died down they had quickly put together a last line of defense, without anything major to use as cover they knew holding long would be suicide. So they setup as best they could and waited, they hoped for word of retreat, maybe even going home.

He had lost track of the days they had been here, it could of been three, or a full week. Everything just blurred into everything else. He did know one thing though, the dread of being here was gone now. The feeling of being watched was gone, he felt oddly free.

He walked slowly taking his time enjoying the early morning air. His left arm hung at his side swinging gently with each step, his right foot twitched every time he extended it. His right hand was tapping the grip of his frontier model B pistol, but he felt no need for it, it was more a habit then any real feeling of needing protection now.

The fires that had burned early had been extinguished, a brief but strong rain shower had drenched everything. The village was now a wet gray, ash ran in rivers down the streets the smoke that had filled the sky was gone. The air smelt of rain and steam, every few minutes you could hear the crack and pop of embers hitting pools of water. The cooling breeze kept most of the steam away, but the you could feel the temperature rising slowly.

He did not know where he was walking to, he felt something pulling him away from the others. His training tried to kick in and tell him it was against his own rules to go somewhere alone, but he did not listen. He felt a need to be alone now.

Minutes, or hours later he felt the pulling vanish. He looked around slowly, in front of him stood what appeared to be the remains of a small single story house. Parts of a small fence lined the front side, while the back was open to a alleyway.

Stepping inside the fence line he felt a peace settle over him, the weight that had pulled from his belt pack was gone now. Slowing extracting the tattered doll he felt the wind shift, it blew strong around him for a brief instant then died away.

Nodding in understanding he knelt down and dug a small hole, looking at the doll a long moment he gently placed it inside the hole, then covered it with dirt and a piece of painted wood. Suddenly the wind shifted again and he felt something near him, standing up slowly his hand went to his pistol. He turned in a  circle his eyes looking for anything, but there was nothing. He felt like he was surrounded, only he was alone.

The presence stayed for a few moments more then vanished, he felt a great weight lift from him then. He bowed his head for a second then began walking back to the group. He heard it then, a sound so low it was almost lost to the wind, wondering what made it he continued walking.

Much later, when the the world was quiet again, he pieced together what that sound reminded him of. It was the sound the world would make when breathing a sigh of relief.
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1654
Total Posts:  2089
June 10, 2009 9:32:21 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy’s combat action from his E-web was less than heroic; he had ambushed a half-score of barbarians. It wasn’t really an ambush more like they walked in front of RB’s hidey hole, the fact they had been walking in two lines made it that much easier for the platoon sergeant to mow them down. Five of them had been killed in the initial shooting as RB brought the gun around firing off three thousand rounds a minute. Three had been wounded and were lying on the ground squirming in pain, one of them tried to crawl away but RB brought the E-web around for a second sweep riddling the barbarian with blaster bolts. Between the two survivors one of them dove through a window while the other flipped over a corpse and tried to use it as cover. Leaning over to the power control side of the E-web, RB flipped a switch and turned a knob. A crossbow bolt sailed over Rogue’s head. Glancing up he spied the one in the house pull its head back from the smashed window. RB turned the knob all the way, the barbarian was in for a rude surprise.

The rage must be kept under control, for if the rage overcomes you will only lose. The barbarian named Gerlich thought to himself as he cranked his crossbow and fitted another bolt on it. His back pressed against the wall Gerlich felt the wall start to vibrate and the smell of burning wood reached his nose. Those weak blasters can’t come through...can they?  Gerlich asked himself as the wood gave way and a blaster bolt punched through his chest.

A low whirring sound caught Rogue’s attention and he immediately he stopped firing, glancing at the portable terminal which showed the temperature gauge in the deep red. With serpent like quickness Rogue turned the knob all the way to the left. Lowering the E-11 Rogueboy sat down on the stool he found, picking up his beer he brought it to take a sip. A large hand grabbed Rogue’s arm and brought use Rogue’s weight in an attempt to pull itself up. That action failed as RB tried to use his legs to keep his ground but pain shot through his leg and RB just managed to get pulled down. Instinctively Rogue brought his beer bottle up and smashed it over the barbarian’s head, raining down beer and glass all over Rogue’s helmeted face. The barbarian had been one of the wounded ones, most likely a shot that crippled him. Using his free hand the barb attempted to bring a small dagger into Rogue’s unprotected throat, RB’s arm shot up and the dagger chipped a piece off of his bracer. Using the smashed bottle RB buried it in the barb’s face, killing it.

With Starfruit out of commission and Hav giddy and with a concussion Rogue was the most senior trooper so in essence he was the acting squad leader. RB did a quick peek on SF just to make sure she was alive before going to do his own personal mission. After giving Grahim, Beta, and Raelene orders he wandered through the village popping his head into the ruined houses until he found what he was looking for, pulling out the dagger he took from the barbarian that tried to kill him RB went to work.

“What are these?” Starfruit asked.

“Roses.” Rogueboy responded while he placed the vase on the floor as there were no countertops or night tables on the cot that SF was lying.

“Their beautiful.” SF said while she picked them up and sniffed them.

“Beautiful flowers should only be given to beautiful girls and beauty takes many forms.” Rogueboy stated.

“Are you implying I’m not beautiful in the traditional sense?” SF teased while a grin spread across her face.

Taken aback Rogue stammered. “nno, I tried not to sound shallow.”

“I know silly, now kiss me.” SF commanded, and Rogueboy did.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP][CCA][SC]

Clearly Canadian!
Arnaut
ComNet Marshal

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  886
Total Posts:  903
June 11, 2009 12:37:42 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Day 10
Forest North of Village, 11.39

“I’m sorry sir. It won’t happen again.” Sweat dampened the communication officer’s brow and uniform. The small New Republic insignia sewn on his lapel was already stained dark. By his side, his dataslate shook uncontrollably as if trying to escape. It had the right idea, even if the man holding it didn’t realize it.

“No, it won’t,” the Sniper replied. Before the officer could fully grasp the meaning behind his commander’s words, his brains were ejected all over the command tent. The corpse toppled backwards, knocking a pile of dataslates off the table with a loud clatter. The tent went silent. The rest of the officers stood stock still, not wanting to draw the commander’s attention. Or wrath.

The Sniper holstered his pistol and pointed arbitraily to a nearby aide. “You.” The man paled, very much regretting that he wasn’t born invisible.  “Clean up this mess, and then take over his duties as communications officer. And don’t let our jam fail this time, or I’ll be having someone else scrape your entrails off the walls of my command tent.”

“But sir,” the man stammered in protest, “I..I don’t know anything about—”

Learn!”

One of the brutes pushed his way through the camo netting and entered the command tent. At seven feet, he was one of the shorter of the barbarians. His head scraped the roof of the tent. The blue-white phosphorescent lights bumped against his head. He dominated the cramped space of the tent. Everyone except the Sniper shrunk away from his imposing presence.

Krish’na, we need to talk,” he slurred in his heavily accented basic. The Sniper gave one last threatening look around his command tent, and then strode outside with the barbarian.

The forest was abound with troopers. Soldiers darted in every direction, carrying crates, packing supplies, transferring dataslates. In their midst, the giants strode. Just shadows in between the trees, you could always tell where they were because those were the places the regular troopers generally weren’t.

They’d moved to the location, just a bit north of the besieged village, a day ago, and the camp was in the usual chaos that accompanied moving a largely immobile force. They’d set up hundreds of tents, all covered in camouflage netting so as to be invisible from fighters flying over. From the start, the trees had been a problem. Whatever flat ground there was available was filled with trees. Setting up tents in between trees in rocky terrain was not conducive to organization. As such, the camp sprawled outward like a overly large puddle into the forest. There were no clear-cut paths, no ordered rows. Just a disorganized mess of tents in the midst of thousands of trees.

The barbarian’s face was impassive as he led the Sniper around the far end of the command tent. One thing he’d learned was that the barbarians weren’t great at showing emotions outside of anger. As a culture, they didn’t seem to use a lot more than that.

“We’re dying,” the barbarian said, stopping abruptly. “We’re dying for your war.”

The Sniper shrugged. “No one lives forever.”

The barbarian grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him up to his face. The Sniper could smell the sickly sweet stench of the alcohol the barbarians found so delicious. It burned his nostrils and made his eyes water.

“You promised us land, not death. This is not our battle.” The Sniper tried to shrug again but it was hard with the larger man holding him.

“I’ll mobilize the troops,” he said instead. The barbarian dropped him to the ground and nodded.

“Before night,” he commanded, and then disappeared into the trees without so much as a word of thanks. Looks like the might of the New Republic was going to war after all. No one lives forever indeed the Sniper thought as he made his way back to the command tent.

The battle was lost. A quick survey of the village told him that. What portions were destroyed were on fire or overrun with the barbarians. A now this. Scouts were reporting New Republic armor moving into the village from the north, along with actual troops. Real, combat-trained enemy troops, not just local tribesmen.

His scouts and what little of the army remained fled back behind their lines, trying to keep ahead of the enemy that was pouring over their makeshift defenses. The first bolts of returns blaster fire began to lick at the sides of the buildings, potshots from the advance elements of the New Republic’s advance troops.

Sorin hefted his sniper rifle and took a survey of the battle up close. Men locked in furious close combat brawls in buildings, people hurling themselves onto the streets, general mass chaos. He took down a few barbarians, when the shots presented themselves but the reality was that he couldn’t actually do much. The battle was lost.

He almost died. If the army aide hadn’t run up in front of him, he would’ve. As it was, the slug went clean through the young man’s skull and embedded itself deep in Sorin’s breatplate. The blast fractured the plasteel and pushed Sorin to the ground.

“Sniper!” someone yelled. Men began running for cover, putting there hands over their heads as if that would stop a sniper round. It didn’t matter anyway. Sorin was pretty sure that the Sniper was only after him. That shot had been a wake-up call, a ‘I know where you are, and you aren’t safe’ warning.

With a trembling, Sorin reached out to scoop up the dataslate that lay forgotten in the bloody sand. Wiping off the grit, he flicked it on.

They were retreat orders. The battle was well and truly lost. They were falling back to Death Valley.

OOC:
And the well and true final stages set in. More objectives for squads. These are going to be short, so, y’know, we can wrap this up within the year.

Wraith: Cover our retreat. That means holding out as long as possible, fighting with the enemy, until we’re clear of the village. Fun times, right? You’ll be fighting a mix of New Republic and barbarian forces. The NR people have a few tanks, and definitely have heavy weapons. And then there’s always the Sniper.

Iron Horse: Move with the trucks, get them going and retreating. Protect them from barbarian forces. You won’t probably see any New Republic peeps. Just make sure we get out of the village safely.

Raiders: You’ll be scouting ahead of the rest of us. Like, far ahead. Your objective is to get out of the mountains, if possible, and get help for the rest of us. Long-range comms are out again (the jammer is working again) and so you’ll have to get within range of a sizeable friendly force and get them to get help. Or something like that. You’ll be up against whatever is lurking in the mountains that we’ve passed through. Remember, it’s like three-four days to Death Valley (less since you’re moving as a small squad and not an army) and a few days more to even get to the edge of the mountains. Long trip.

Remember, this is a retreat back to Death Valley, where we had the big ambush, after burning the place to the ground. From there, we’ll prolly retreat again (if you’ve been paying attention to my not-so-subtle hints at the beginning of some of my posts, you could tell that we are, in fact, going to retreat again. Into caves, no less [you’ll see]) after much more fighting. We’re passing old battlefields. Dead people on the ground, wrecked machinery. Also, it’s at least a three day trek back to the Valley, and more to go beyond that. This should be one big character dev story of us fleeing for our lives. No glorious triumphs, no heroic deeds, just us and a bunch of enemies coming after us. Good stuff.

This should be the very best writing your creative-selves can muster. No more 2.5, 2.7, 3 averages for post-scores. It needs to be in the 4s.

Look back at this a lot, because I might add things after I realize that I forgot to...add them...in the first place. Sorry ‘bout that, but it’s already so late tonight that it’s actually the morning tomorrow, and I’m kinda tired.

First Sergeant Arnaut
PC/1SG Arnaut/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. " - Terry Pratchett
Havock
ComNet Initiate

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  158
June 11, 2009 2:45:06 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock looked down as a charred branch broke beneath her feet. They were back in the forest, RAIDERS had been assigned scouting duty, frankly she could not imagine why. They were by far the most beat up group of troopers she had ever seen. The breeze came across Havock's face, the lack of trees and the fact that Hav couldn't put her helmet back on gave the wind free reign. Her head was still swollen from all the abuse it had been getting on this mission. She swayed as she walked the weight of her E-11, Sniper Rifle, and twin DC-15 pistols all bearing down on her.

Shifting her equipment, Havock looked around at what was a forest before the RAIDERS came through and introduced the trees to their flamethrowers. Rogueboy was managing with his crutches, but it was a slow march for him with all the debris from the fallen foliage. Karash had started to limp as well, something must have happened to his ankle. But one of the purviews of being the medic is you don't have to share your medial problems with anyone at all. Havock smirked at Grahim. He had his sniper rifle in both hands as he walked, flicking his head back and forth looking for the enemy.

It was hard for Havock to even care about another attack. When they evacuated the village, she almost didn't even run. Nothing seemed to matter, which she could only attribute to exhaustion and her head injury.  The only thing Havock could feel for sure, was the need to get herself and the rest of this squad off this planet while they all were still breathing.

A branch snapped and Havock looked up to see Jae stumble from the sudden loss of traction. Havock reached over and grabbed her arm to steady her.

“Gah.” Jae looked around, once she was satisfied that Havock was the only one that saw her fumble she turned back to her ASL. “Thanks Hav.”

Havock still hadn't let go of her arm, she didn't plan to either. “You shouldn't be walking.”

“Heh, your not going to start that up again, are you?” Jae smiled, but it was a small forced smile. She looked tired, like she could fall over at any moment. She had lost a lot of blood and there was no way all this walking was good for her right now. But given the result of Havock's attempt to discuss this matter in the village before they left she knew better than to try to talk any since into the strong-willed SL.

Havock grumbled and let Jae's arm go. The bandage on her head kept slipping, Hav reached up and readjusted it. A loud bang caused both Jae and Hav turn around to see Beta, sheepishly fighting with the wheelbarrow they had stolen from the village.

“Why did you tell him to bring that thing?” Jae was shaking her head and looked like she was going to fall forward.

Havock reached out and put a hand on her shoulder to steady her, an action she was certain Jae was getting sick of. That feeling was confirmed when Jae shot Havock a glare and turned around to keep walking. Havock sighed, waiting an extra second to make sure Beta tamed the wild wheelbarrow, she turned and took two large steps to catch up with Jae.

“Oh come on Jae, it wasn't that bad of an idea.” Havock rolled her eyes and thought back to the discussion they had in the village about the wheelbarrow. She knew that Jae just didn't want to be pushed around in the thing, she wanted to be perceived as strong by the rest of the squad. Hav's only point was they needed her strong once they reached their destination, not for the journey.

Havock almost jumped back when Jae sneered at her. “You really want me to ride in that thing? That wasn't a hallucination Hav, Beta really did almost take out a tree trunk with it. No way, you can find someone else to play wheelbarrow derby with.”

Jae swished her hand in the air to emphasis her distaste for Havock's plan, only her body tried to follow it. She stumbled a few steps in the direction of the unruly hand but managed to stay upright. She noticed a few of the other RAIDERS looking at her, Karash in particular. Jae swallowed and turned around to see Havock, standing with her arms crossed looking perturbed at her SL.

They just stood there like that, staring at each other, blue eyes versus green. Havock barely noticed when Karash walked up. She could see him wave Beta over, but her brain wasn't registering what he was doing. All she knew was that she had to figure out a way to get Jae in that stupid wheelbarrow. Closing the distance between them, Havock worked her jaw but didn't move her eyes.

She wanted to be stern, order Jae to get in the wheelbarrow. Hell, part of her wanted to knock the girl on the head for just being plain stubborn. But she couldn't, she just couldn't do it. Looking into Jae's green eyes she could see just how much she hated the fact that she knew she wasn't going to make it if she kept on walking. Karash was looking nervously between the two of them, and the rest of the squad had slowed their pace. Havock's voice was little more than a whisper when she finally did speak. “Please, get in the stupid wheelbarrow. I'll shoot the rookie if he bumps into a leaf the wrong way. Just get in it.”

“Or I'll be sedating you and putting you in it anyway.” Karash added in a normal voice, that was so much louder than Havock's whisper she almost jumped.

Jae looked from Havock to Karash, then narrowed her eyes at Beta. “You promise to shoot him.”

Beta swallowed and looked at the two girls with wide eyes. Havock smirked but tried to hide it as she winked at Jae. “You know it, one bump and his ass is mine.”

Jae smiled and shook her head, her arms coming up just to slap back down in obvious defeat. She turned and sat, as dignified as possible, in the wheelbarrow. “Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go, people.”

Beta pushed the wheelbarrow a bit too vigorously, sending Jae falling back just a fraction before she caught herself. Havock didn't miss a beat, pulling out her pistol and starting to turn towards the now ghostly white Beta.

“Oh sorry, thought I heard a bump. Must have just been my imagination.” As she turned and re-holstered the weapon she smiled.
Vehicle Crewman

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  817
Total Posts:  1385
June 11, 2009 3:52:24 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Word came for the Iron Horses to make a run for it to the trucks. There was the sound of fire fight everywhere and they had their wounded still to haul over. Doc turned and looked at them all while a few troopers were changing their clips for their weapons.

"Alright, we need to move it to the trucks and protect them from the enemy."

"Great, My legs are killing me. I could use the rest." Came Jelly's voice.

"Knock it off trooper. We need to run, grab our wounded first and keep it moving. Brock, Sam, I want you to go get them. The rest make it to the trucks while we have cover fire!" Doc ordered. No one said a word as they ran. Saphira just ahead of Doc as she heard Sam grumble.

"What now?" She asked. "You have your orders."

"What if we can't save them? They could slow us down-"

*SMACK*

Came the sound of her slamming the butt end of her E-11 against the back of his head. " You complained about leaving them before. Now that we have to run you're wanting to change your mind?" I'm going to make sure he sees a medic at the end. Maybe I hit him too hard?.

"Sith Spit, that hurt!" He complained as their boots made squishing sounds in the mud.

"It's suppose to. At least I didn't knock you out, but then I'd have to carry you and we need all available bodies to fight and get us out safely. We save those troopers. I won't let them die. Now move it." Saphira snapped. Sam nodded and ran ahead. They didn't have far to go and already a few troopers were in the trucks and starting them up to get them ready to move.

"Striker!." Doc called as she turned around.

"Yes Sir?"

"Good Job. I know its stressful, and how hard it is not to want to flat them out. I told you, you will be a great Leader."

Shit. I had forgotten about that. I wish he did too. I'm not ready.

Reaching the trucks Saphira helped get the wounded on first and placed an Alpha trooper in each. The rest of IH would be in Pairs and help get everyone out.

"Looks good to go!" Cried Brock as the trucks started to move. Instantly they all got on and had weapons armed and ready. With the mix of enemy it was going to be interesting say the least. Yet, suddenly out of the blue Doc fell out of the truck with a groan and a smoldering hole in his right shoulder.

"RIQ!!!" Saphira cried and jumped off the truck.

"Saphira. Leave him.." JB replied as they started to moved farther away.

"Hell no. I won't leave any trooper behind." She snapped and wondered how the hell he gotten hit. Their cover fire should have taken place to help. All she could think that it was a dumb luck shot or a sniper that missed. Rolling him over She tore off his helmet and checked for his pulse.

"Saph.. Go... I'll be alright. Someone will get me. " He tried to sit up and he couldn't. The shot got him good and he was in shock.

"No, I won't. You're going to make it back with us. Even if I have to Drag your body."

When he tried to fight her, She wanted to scream. Is he trying to commit suicide? This isn't like the Doc I know. When the rest fall back they may not be able to grab him. So, without telling him she set her blaster for stun and looked at him as she stood.

"I'm sorry Sir, I can't.." She then shot him and his eyes closed. It wouldn't last long, but she could get him to the trucks. Picking him up she grunted as he was nothing more then dead weight. A few more blaster bolts zapped past them and one grazed her left shoulder. Hissing she pulled and dragged him until Brock came running towards them and helped carry/jog to their truck.

"Like you said, we can't leave anyone behind." Brock replied. "At least the trucks aren't moving as fast as when we first got here." Saphira chuckled as she gritted her teeth. The pain in her shoulder burned, but it was nothing bad. Risking her life to save a team member was everything. He's right. I am a leader. When they reached the first truck Sam and JB pulled him in.

"Take care of him. We'll run ahead to another truck and work our way out. The rest of the squads should be following soon." Saphira replied. Sam nodded and looked away for a moment.

"You stunned him! That's dangerous Gunny." Same replied as they kept their pace up with the trucks.

"He wanted to be left behind and was fighting it. I had no choice. We don't leave out troopers behind. There was no say that anyone could grab him if I left him be."

"You're right. Go." Sam replied. With a nod they caught up to the next truck and got inside. Once they were out of the village they could get the squad back together in one truck. Right now all she wanted was for them to get out of there and be safe.

"You know Doc will be angry when he wakes." Brock spoke up.

"He'll get over it." She replied as she took her helmet off and sat it to the side.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1655
Total Posts:  2089
June 11, 2009 3:56:48 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy watched as Havock and SF bickered, he had injected the thought of using the wheelbarrow into Havock because he knew Starfruit would hate him. Sometimes it was far safer for the girl your dating to hate someone else, makes things a lot more smooth, mind you RB didn’t know how much longer he was going to live. Rogueboy had seen his fare share of military tactical errors, at least enough of them to have a favourite top five, but sending mostly incapacitated soldiers to garner aid from star destroyers because the comms were out seemed somewhere up there. However RB would rather be up in the front than way in the back, fighting a delaying action in the shape they’re in would be suicidal.

Looking down at his armour RB could hardly see any white; black charred plastoid greeted his gaze, mixed in with enough blood to make him look like an undead trooper. Up ahead a whistling sound like that of a bird sounded and RB instinctively dropped to his belly, causing his crutches to fall on the scorched ground underneath a darkened tree. Pain shot up through his busted kneecap, an all too agonizing reminder, the squad followed suit with Beta leaving Jae in the wheelbarrow. The bird whistle repeated itself this time with a sense of urgency. The squad knew that it was Raelene as she was the forward scout in the party and she had spotted a potential threat. A few torturous minutes passed before a low crooning brought the squad up, with Jae giving Beta shit for forgetting about her.

Raelene verbally reported that she had sighted a quarter score barbarians on patrol, and that up ahead were numerous dead army elements, some of them in grotesque shape. Rae was obviously shaken up by the dead bodies most likely because they had been lying there for a few days, causing scavengers and insects to grab whatever meat they could while it was still fresh. The stench of a freshly killed trooper was bad, the smell of one killed three days must smell terrible. RB had been lucky so far in that he never had the pleasure in meeting one before.

Night was setting on the first day of their three day march and while the squad needed the rest Starfruit was loathe to camp out at night while the enemy’s patrols were all over the burnt out forest. Karash had finally convinced SF that if they did not get rest most of the squad would be dead by the next night including herself. The squads food supplies were virtually non-existent and starting tomorrow morning they would be out of rations, and out of water unless they got lucky enough to find a source of fresh water, and an edible animal.

Rogue was exhausted and as he laid down eating his ration bar all he could think of was sleep, however he would be awaken in the middle of the night to keep watch, before falling asleep, or after falling asleep were the best of times. Going to bed, being waken up and expecting to fall back asleep was easily the worst but since Rogue was in no fighting  shape he volunteered for that watch.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP][CCA][SC]

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Undying (Wildcard May Comp)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:34:47 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 122  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >