Post Number:  119
Total Posts:  207
  RE: Aegis Topic
April 27, 2006 5:00:45 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
E-mail it to Chip, Rusty, and me.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=
Petty Officer 1st Class Hunter

XO/FL/PO1 Hunter/Aegis 9/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (VC:B)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Zharyn
ComNet Novice

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  80
Total Posts:  176
April 27, 2006 5:53:40 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Report has been sent. Question: Does anybody have any idea when the Wing Story will be up and running?

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
FM/SCRW Zharyn/Aegis 3-3/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/1VEFLT/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Aegis Ten- Flying under the command of a furry rodent man
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  120
April 27, 2006 6:18:25 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
No but Shazam I believe. I'd presume it to be by at least next week or maybe the weekend. I could have missed something somewhere..

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
Zharyn
ComNet Novice

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  81
April 27, 2006 6:23:11 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Thanks- I just wanted an idea of when it would be going anyway.  Umm... so what do I do now?

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  121
April 27, 2006 6:30:36 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
No clue. The Navy doesn't have specialty stories as far as I know, so you could maybe add onto your bio. I'm kinda in the same boat that you are.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Zharyn
ComNet Novice

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  89
April 27, 2006 9:38:14 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
I guess I'll start thinkin about that NPC bio...

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  122
April 28, 2006 9:45:03 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
Hey Zharyn, I just looked at your bio, and I'm surprised no one mentioned to you that you couldn't possibly be 19 according to your bio. Basically meaning you either change your age or your bio. Here's why.

According to you, you were born during the rise of Emperor Palpatine and just before the Clone Wars ended. Now, your age would work fine if the time period we are in was right at the beginning of A New Hope. But we aren't and even your bio goes against that, since you said your dad died at Endor.

There are about 23-24 years from the Rise of Emperor Palpatine and the end of the Clone Wars to the year in which the battle of Endor took place. That means you have to at least be older than 20.

There is more though. No one may have told you this, but the VE is now in the Thrawn era, which is 9 years after A New Hope, which means 28-29 years. So, that means your character is almost 10 years younger than he should be.

So, like I said above, you have two choices, redo your history a little or make yourself older. Shouldn't someone else have caught this while you were in the academy though?

Also, could someone place Zharyn into the squadron on the roster. He is supposed to be Aegis 10. You might want to fix Aegis 10's postion while you are at it, since it is now between Aegis 11 and Aegis 12. That would be most appreciated by Zharyn and me.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited April 28, 2006 9:49:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited April 28, 2006 10:46:57 AM)]
Zharyn
ComNet Novice

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  90
April 28, 2006 2:00:07 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Picky aren't we?

Lol I'll change it.  Thanks for pointing that out, Hunter.

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  123
April 28, 2006 5:58:04 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
Maybe a little...

Anyways, here is Mormel Lorvold's bio. It is kinda short, but should do since he is kinda of like our expendable crewman. Now, I would like to know if someone is working on the other NPC's bio. If not, then I need to know, so I can start working on it. It only took me a day to do this one, so it won't be a problem. Also, thanks to those that sent me their reports.

Name : Mormel Lorvold
Call sign : Bull
Species : Zabrak
Build : His body would be considered muscular and rock solid by most, but in the Zabrak race he is only of medium strength, which still exceeds that of most ordinary humans. Sharp features give him a fierce look added to by the horns associated with Zabraks.
Planet of Birth : Iridonia
Planet Raised On : Iridonia
Height : 6' 3"
Weight : 177
Hair : None. Has a cluster of vestigial horns instead. He is almost vain in their up keep.
Eye Color : Red
Family :  Father: Tabland Lorvold. Mother: Selivia Lorvold. Brothers: Grovand Lorvold and Tabland Lorvold II. Sisters: None.
Scars : None
Tatoos : An ancient Zabrak symbol was emblazoned by his parents on his body as a child for the gods to bless him. It is unknown even to him what type of blessing it was.
Skin Color : Light red.
Reason for joining the VE : To gain honor and fly with the best pilots in galaxy.

Emotional Analysis and Personal Traits :

Has a sharp temper that has gotten him into trouble throughout his life. When provoked, he has no moral regret if he proceeds to attack the person, no matter their position. He has grown to control this tendency during his Imperial Naval Academy training but still tends to growl or speak sharply. He rules his life by a sense of honor, which also tends to get him into trouble if he believes someone has said something even slightly offensive to him. This code of honor also binds him to do what he thinks just and right.

Skills :

Mormel decided to study ranged weaponry and mechanics and not hand to hand combat like so many of his friends did, hoping that if he ever got into a fight his slightly stronger Zabrak muscles would prove the difference. While learning how to use a weapon proficiently from his father, he studied at the local school and under professional mechanics with alacrity. He soon surpassed all expectations and the local mechanics sometime came to him for advice. He uses this deeper understanding when he flies to his advantage, knowing how far he really can push his craft.

After learning how they worked, Mormel decided to learn how to fly them and used his free time to study and hang around the local space ports and hangers, talking with the pilots and crewman. At the age of sixteen, his father decided that this wasn't just a hobby and enrolled him into a local junior space academy. He quickly excelled and has been the top pilot wherever he has gone since then.

History :

Born into an upper class family, Mormel's father provided him with everything he wanted. Hoping that his first born would follow in his steps, Mormel's father placed him in the best business school at the earliest age possible. Being Zabrak, he had great expectations for his son and would not let him stray from the path he had chosen for him, which resulted in loud shouting matches between the two as Mormel grew older. When his mother gave birth to another son, Mormel felt relief, hoping that now his father would allow him to pursue the studies he wanted and place the burden of carrying the family trade onto the newborn's shoulders.

When he was eight years old, Mormel grew to love mechanical things, but his father was still after him to study. They finally came to a truce, when Mormel showed interest in his father's favorite past time: blasters. Over the years Tabland Lorvold had acquired a vast collection of almost every model blaster ever made. Through this shared interest, the two were able to come to terms on other subjects. Even though Mormel was kept in the pre-business school, he was allowed to spend any free time he had with the local mechanics and could even take extra courses at school.

By the time he was twelve years old, he had surpassed some of the local mechanics in skill and understanding. They often came to him at home to ask him for advice on an intricate piece of machinery. This often angered his father, believing that Mormel wasn't spending enough time in his studies. Mormel had a keen interest in space mechanics above all others. He soon began to fall behind in business school, because he spent more and more of his time studying space craft and spending time at the cities space port. When he was sixteen years old, his father had had enough.

After a long fight between the two men, Mormel left home for a time. After about a week away, he received a message from his father. Returning home, Mormel was shocked when his father said he had decided to allow him to do what he wanted. Enrolling him at the premier flight school on Iridonia, Tabland told his son to uphold the Lorvold family name with pride wherever he went. As a parting gift, his father gave him one of his treasured blasters.

Upon his arrival at school, Mormel soon found that he had a great aptitude for flying and quickly became the top pilot in his class. As the years rolled by, Mormel graduated with top honors and was sent to the Imperial Naval Academy. He soon found that he was also one of the top pilots here. Unfortunately, his quick temper and outspokenness held him back for a couple of years. He got into fights with others students, especially after he beat them in a simulation and they didn't show the proper sportsmanship about losing. Finally, he was able to obtain some modicum of control over his burning temper and biting words, enough to let him pass the Academy at least. He has now been placed in Aegis Squadron to help in the defense of the Vast Empire's territories.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited April 28, 2006 5:59:27 PM)]
Freedon Ordo
ComNet n00b

Freedon Ordo

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  4
Total Posts:  14
April 28, 2006 6:19:56 PM    View the profile of Freedon Ordo 
Hello, I'm a storm trooper recruit just kind of exploring the Comnet really. I found out Templar was in this squadron so...thought I'd just pop my head in.
Zharyn
ComNet Novice

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  98
April 30, 2006 12:08:11 AM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Hey all, I'm back.  What did I miss?

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
FM/SCRW Zharyn/Aegis 3-3/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/1VEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
Navy: Accelerate your Life
A "Shazam Success Story"
spacespeed9
ComNet Novice

spacespeed9

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  42
April 30, 2006 1:34:35 PM    View the profile of spacespeed9 
Pretty much nothing. If you haven't read the squadron story, it's finished now. That's all, really.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW spacespeed9/Aegis 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
templar
ComNet Initiate

templar

Post Number:  182
Total Posts:  235
May 1, 2006 9:20:53 AM    View the profile of templar 
Hunter whats your e-maial address? I just got back from a 4 day visit from Solitary Confinement at my grandmoters house. No Computer, T'Ve., or books. So...I need to send in a report.

-----------------------
FM/LCR Templar/Aegis2/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  124
May 1, 2006 11:38:05 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
It's [email protected]. Also, since it is already Monday, and we weren't able to do much last week, I don't need a report from you. You can still send it in if you want.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

templar
ComNet Initiate

templar

Post Number:  183
May 1, 2006 3:08:51 PM    View the profile of templar 
Meh, I
'll send one anyway for principle.  I should make a VE name form msyelf I think...

-----------------------
Zharyn
ComNet Initiate

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  104
May 1, 2006 9:01:38 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Hey guys, go check out the Wing story briefing and start thinking about what we're gonna do... it's in the Naval Storyboard ComNet...  It's looking good too.  Make sure you read it carefully.
Let's go, people! 

Hunter, Chip, as a private note, I hope you guys would do something to try and get the Squadron members a little more active; I'm trying with posts like this. 

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  125
May 1, 2006 9:59:57 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
And how exactly can they be active when the story isn't up yet? Besides making posts on here? Plus Rusty is really busy right now and I haven't heard a thing from anyone else but you, Spacespeed9, and Templar. How many replies did you get Shazam? It would be helpful to know how many people are actually here. Also, has anyone made that second bio, or will I be speed writing it tomorrow?

It is nice effort, don't get me wrong there Zharyn, but they can't really be active at this point in time unless they write that second bio. Pumping them up is good though. I would like everyone to be getting as excited about this as Zharyn and I are. I might not show it as vocally as him, but I am excited. I tend to be a bit more subdued in that regard. Building up our energy and excitement does help though, so let's get some blood pumping in this channel. Who is geared up and anxious to get this thing going?

On a side note, I would like to start holding a squadron meeting every week. I would like to know what times you can all get on IRC. I'll be working logistics out with Chip, if I ever hear from him, but until then, this is just a little side project by me.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited May 1, 2006 10:03:45 PM)]
chipmunk man
ComNet Marshal

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1952
Total Posts:  2064
May 1, 2006 11:00:02 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
A weekly meeting would be cool, though for now I'll have to leave Hunter in charge of any that occur. I don't have access to IRC here on campus, and I'm stuck here for another week or two. I'm going to be a little scarce around here until finals finish. I need to make sure I get my GPA up just a little more in order to get some really sweet scholarships, but it's gonna take a good bit of studying.

I'm definitely going to be posting on that wing story after finals. I haven't been able to write for a while now, as my assignment-crazy proffessors have had me fairly burnt out. Heh, can't wait to finish classes. But back to my point. I'll definitely be posting on that when it comes, and I want to see all of Aegis going at it, too. There will be more rounds of promotions based on that story, so make sure you're active in it.

-----------------------
SC/ESN Chipmunk Man/Aegis 1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)[LoC][MC:1]x3[LSM][VC:B]

"I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you need to ask youself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya? Punk!"
-"Dirty" Harry Callahan

"Mr. Stratford, it's just a party..."
*wags finger* "...And Hell is just a sauna."
templar
ComNet Initiate

templar

Post Number:  188
May 2, 2006 9:11:12 AM    View the profile of templar 
Lol, Hunter I didn't know you played Starcraft.

-----------------------
Zharyn
ComNet Initiate

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  105
May 2, 2006 1:59:45 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
I understand, Hunter. I suppose you have a point about the story not being up yet, but that doesn't mean people can't be thinking up what to do when it is up. I'm just hoping that when the time comes, we'll hit the deck running.

As for meeting times, I'd be available Tuesday-Friday from 3PM-8PM, Mondays from 3PM-6PM, and Sundays from 2PM to 8PM.  I have an idea though:  Why not just have our meeting in #Aegis after the VE meeting?

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  126
May 2, 2006 3:03:00 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
That is a possibility, but what if most people can't come on Sundays? It wouldn't work then. That's why instead of just giving everyone a time to be on IRC, I asked to see when they can get on. After the meeting would work if people could get on.

I played it a little bit Templar. I don't even think I have it installed anymore and doubt I could even tell you what it was about now... oh well.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Zharyn
ComNet Initiate

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  110
May 2, 2006 3:24:29 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
Does "Kerrigan" ring a bell? Or maybe "Zerg"?  "Protoss"?

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
templar
ComNet Initiate

templar

Post Number:  190
May 2, 2006 4:06:32 PM    View the profile of templar 
Actually I think "Zergling" might, considering it was his avatar for awhile...

-----------------------
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  127
May 2, 2006 4:34:42 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
When did I have anything but this for my avatar?...

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Zharyn
ComNet Initiate

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  111
May 2, 2006 5:18:00 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
When you were high :P

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
[This message has been edited by Zharyn (edited May 2, 2006 5:18:38 PM)]
templar
ComNet Initiate

templar

Post Number:  191
May 2, 2006 7:30:19 PM    View the profile of templar 
I may be wrong. I was just basing this assumption on the fact that while browsing the army section I saw a Hunter Emnis" with a zergling for an avatar.

-----------------------
Zharyn
ComNet Initiate

Zharyn

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  114
May 2, 2006 7:38:11 PM    View the profile of Zharyn 
I think that's a different Hunter... I mean, our Hunter is Navy (Kairo is his Army char,)  and that Hunter is Army.  Two guys, one name :P (although a Zergling avi would be cool...)

-----------------------
~Cailis "Zharyn" Kaz~
Hail to Mountain Dew
Fire is my friend
Reader of Sun Tzu
A "Shazam Success Story"
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  205
Total Posts:  1363
May 3, 2006 9:13:56 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
If I havn't sent in reports sorry. Ive been busy. I really don't understand the wing story so Im going o try and write myself out of it. Maybe crash and pull myself out of a tight sitcheeashun. lol. So what happened at the end of the story?
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

Post Number:  128
May 3, 2006 11:42:14 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
  You could read it for one. Basically, we had to srub the mission, since Gemini died and I was badly hurt, only have mechanical eyes now...

Anyways, you will have to talk to Shazam about writing yourself out of the wing story. Once we begin and your given a certain objective, I think you'll find it isn't too confusing.

-----------------------
=Aegis-Squadron=

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  206
Total Posts:  1363
May 3, 2006 12:03:44 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Not out of the story, just out of the main mission.
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Aegis Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:38:02 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 93  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >