Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4867
Total Posts:  7772
  RE: Drill Squad
October 11, 2006 5:24:48 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
The Grevious reference is alright, I suppose. It is better to just leave out the involvement of "famous characters" while writing stories, though, unless you have an indepth knowledge of their standing in our current timeline.

The only thing I'm really looking at is your age. You say your character is 25, but then you also mention trying to hunt down Jedi during the Jedi Purge.

Order 66 - Clone Wars -> Jedi were Purged

Our current timeline: Some years into the Thrawn Era (Approximately 10-15 years after the events of Return of the Jedi).

Taking the above into consideration, this would place your character's age at about... 60 years old, give or take a few years. Consider this: Obi Wan Kenobi was about 30 years old during Episode II (Clone Wars), and about 60 years old in RotJ. If your character was, say, "hunting Jedi" at the age of 25, then your character (in our current timeline) would probably be in his late 70s or early-to-mid 80s.

I don't think you want your character that old. If you really have your heart set on mentioning your family's involvement during the Clone Wars, I would suggest not having you in it. Keep your grand father there. Unless your father decided to procreate when he was 50 years old or so, you would be very old in our current timeline.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/MG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/Drill Squad/Tadath/VEA/VE
[OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
[VP][WoS2][KC1][SoY][EoP][OAK]
-----------------------
Sayah
ComNet n00b

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  1920
October 11, 2006 5:32:18 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Would the being frozen in carbonite for 40 years work for the age difference?
(aka. aging stopped in carbonite)
-----------------------
"We're all dying. Promise yourselves you'll be the last to go."
Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited October 11, 2006 5:33:42 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4870
October 11, 2006 9:29:56 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Ok, I overlooked this, and you mentioned 20 years in carbonite. Your character would still be in his mid-forties to early fifties.

What I find that a lot of people do is that they don't take our timeline into consideration. They know of events and what has transpired in the movies, but the fact is that there is a considerably large gap in time between the events of Episode III and where we are now.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 11, 2006 9:30:32 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  25
October 12, 2006 9:54:44 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Make that 30 years in carbonite...
Does it stop aging or just slow it down?

-----------------------
Commander Salvo
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  26
October 12, 2006 9:56:12 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Is my bio ok now?

-----------------------
Commander Salvo
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4871
October 12, 2006 1:44:58 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
1) You did not make a change to your biography since the 10th.

2) Carbonite freezes something into suspended animation, meaning all of their bodily functions have been slowed exponentially. Here is a definition from the SW Wiki:

Carbonite is also an ionic compound in the fictional Star Wars universe. What this is has never been satisfactorily determined. By the rules of chemical nomenclature, the formula for a "carbonite anion" would be CO22-, which was thought to be an impossible formation (formate being preferentially formed instead). Another more likely possibility is that carbonite is a metal, which are usually named with the suffix "-ite" (see List of minerals). Carbon freezing was originally a way for Bespin to transport their Tibanna gas. During Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Han Solo is frozen in carbonite. The procedure leaves him in suspended animation. After this, it was used for imprisoning criminals. Following modern chemistry nomenclature, carbonite would technically be an "alloy" made of frozen carbon dioxide.

Suspended Animation: Suspended animation is the slowing of life processes by external means without termination. Breathing, heartbeat, and other involuntary functions may still occur, but they can only be detected by artificial means. Extreme cold is used to precipitate the slowing of an individual's functions; use of this process had led to the developing science of cryonics. Outside of science fiction, the technique as applied to humans is hypothetical.(This technique is not hypothetical at this current time, it has been successfully used in two human cases as seen on Discovery Health's edition on suspended animation: "dying to live".)

Concerning Han Solo, he didn't appear to have "aged" in between the movies (the movies are roughly 10 years apart from each other). However, he has aged, just not at regular speed to that which Humans normally age.

Your biography still states as you being in carbonite for 20 years - your character's age is still around his 50s.

Looking at your previous endeavors (you have been trying to "amend" this biography for some time), you may want to consider just scrapping this one and creating something different. By creating something different, you can avoid all of the hastles and timeline issues by not mention specific famous characters' actions or timeline events (ie: you can mention them, just not truly incorporate your character into them without a firm foundation of knowledge of that era).

With your current biography, you still have several things to explain:

1) What is GAR? You want to state the meaning of your abbreviations before you actually use them.

2) This is just a minor detail, but keep in mind that when you say that your ship will have "hyperspace capability", that doesn't mean you can stay in hyperspace "forever". There are different hyperspace engines: XI, XII, etc. Each engine and its different tiers allow for either a longer or shorter time travel in hyperspace.

3) Before you start mention Order 66, General Grevious, and your family's/your involvement in any of these events, you need to really read up on what happened before you start actively participating in them. I say this because there is a lot of "years" passing by in your biography (a span of about 80 years or so) that you're not seeming to grasp or see. This is not to say that one shouldn't mention these events or have family members be involved in them - all I am saying is that you get a solid foundation on these events and their placements in the StarWars timeline before you start mention your character's invovlement in them.

4) Like any other piece of advice that I give to everyone: watch the grammar and syntax. For example, you mention that your "father was killed on the blade of General Grevious". Was he killed on the blade (as in, standing on it?) or was he killed by the blade? Ie. was he standing on top of the blade or did the blade kill him? Grammar is very important. It can mean the difference between revealing what's really on your mind and a total misunderstanding.

5) Last tip: Before you start making more random amendments due to my critiques, I suggest that you sit down and decide what you want to do. If you want to continue with this story, read about the events, the characters, and the timeline before you make a final draft. If you want to make a new start for your character, create a new biography (post it as a new reply please) and leave out famous events and infamous characters.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  27
October 12, 2006 2:50:02 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
I am techically 40, as I was born in 32BBY(before the battle of Yavin), was 8 when the battle of Geonosis broke, out and became a bounty hunter in 14 BBY. Are there any plot holes?

-----------------------
Commander Salvo
Darin Saine
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  19
October 12, 2006 10:17:22 PM    View the profile of Darin Saine 
Cosmic, I sent you my Training Complete email, and now I'm posting here to see what other orders I need to know about.
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4874
October 12, 2006 11:14:30 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
If you want to be a 40-year old Private, that's up to you and it's fine. You'll probably find it a little strange though, but whatever floats your boat. I'm a Major General, and my character is 25 years old. I'm a little older now, but I haven't made any new biography to reflect this.

Darin, I need you to create a character biograpy of 2-3 paragraphs. In this biography, I need you to state your character's history (talk about his/her past, what life he led, his parents, etc.) This biography's main purpose is to establish your character in the Vast Empire, and a means for the rest of us to get to know who your character is. (Personality, traits, etc.) I'll have an email sent to you by tomorrow for more information.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Darin Saine
ComNet n00b

Darin Saine

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  4
Total Posts:  19
October 13, 2006 7:10:43 AM    View the profile of Darin Saine 
Alright, I'll get to work on that. One thing I need to know is the current IC date so I can do the math and get my character's birth date right. Thanks.

-----------------------
Private in the VE Army
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  28
October 13, 2006 9:55:03 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
physically though can I be 25?

-----------------------
Commander Salvo
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4877
October 13, 2006 11:30:16 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Darin:

Here is the biography assignment:

To advance from Drill, you must complete a character biography. In this short biography, state your character's eye/hair color, age, and any physical features (scars, tattoos, etc.) Include a short background history of your character, and also his/her personality. Post this information on Drill's Comnet topic on the Army Main boards. Read Cosmic's Biography for an example of what a biography entails.

Our current timeline places us 10-15 years after the events of RotJ. We are in the Thrawn Era.

-----------------------------------

Sayah:

If your character was 25 at the time of his freeze, then yes. He may be 40-50 years old, but have the body (physical aspects) of a 25 year old. The aging process would have slowed down dramatically.

One thing I do want to point out to you (and this may work to your advantage in a story): your character was frozen during the Clone Wars. As I said above, we are now in the Thrawn Era (10-15 years after the events of RotJ). Technology has advanced some, the Republic is no more, and the Empire is no more (it has been split into factions that have scattered throughout the galaxy).

Your character may have an interesting time adjusting to all of this information.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 13, 2006 11:32:45 AM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4878
October 13, 2006 9:28:38 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
ATTENTION! DRILL SQUAD AWOL CHECK!

Everyone excluding the following individuals will be evaluated for termination:

Private Rannik
Private Darin Saine
Private Garra

Private Jag Fel, I know I've seen you post recently, but the fact that you are still in Drill Squad isn't good news for you. The reason you are still in this squad is because you have not completed a final draft of your biography and posted the new/final draft in your biography topic. You must do this in order to progress in the Corps.

Now, on to the exciting part: for those who do not respond to this AWOL check by next Friday will be removed from Drill Squad.

If you have questions about your assigned task (character biography), post your questions here or on your biography topic.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
jag fel
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  439
October 14, 2006 3:46:32 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
I know cosmic but i just started my GCSE course work in school and i only have enough time to just check the comnet and PPC.
But my half term holiday is in two weeks and Ill do it then. I promise.

-----------------------
"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2

"Ive got a lot of demon in me" ANGEL

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4883
October 14, 2006 4:54:19 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Ah, ok, well anything school/real-life related is reasonable excuse.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  29
October 17, 2006 10:12:31 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
What's wrong with my bio?

-----------------------
Commander Salvo
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4900
October 17, 2006 2:28:55 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
As of this moment, nothing really in terms of time conflicts. I was merely posing the question to you of whether or not you really want a 40-year old character, but that's your decision. We have some people that are older and some that are younger, so you're just one of the extremes.

You'll be placed in a squad. Check your email for your new assignment.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4915
October 21, 2006 1:57:59 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
That's that. All except for the aforementioned will be terminated.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Galant Rendar
ComNet n00b

Galant Rendar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  18
October 29, 2006 9:49:53 AM    View the profile of Galant Rendar 
Native Language: Basic
Hair Color: Deep sapphire, Almost black
Eye Color: Grey, yellow lining
Skin Color: Snow White from years without the sun on flesh
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 172 lbs
Full Name: Galant Tales Rendar
Physical Build: Muscular, with a softish look when un-flexed
Home world: Unknown

Talents/Skills

1)    Extreme skills in wilderness survival (can identify plants, make maps, primitive shelters, and fire building)
2)    Has a higher endurance then most other, can finish a hundred meter sprint in under 15.7 seconds

Background History

A red grass feild, a warm wind from the south, a glaring autumn sun. And beside Galant, was her, his beautiful girlfriend Missy. Her golden hair hung loosely around her shoulders and her deep blue eyes seemed to sear their way into his very soul. She laughed, and Galant laughed with her at seemingly nothing, nothing, nothing...

They were seated in the great eastern red plains, almost a kilometre from the small village that was their home, home, home. If he looked back, he could even see the guards patrolling the 15 meter high walls and the huge durasteel gate that was still wide open, but he didn't want to look back, he wanted to look at her and the beauty all around them in the nature of the planet. He wanted the moment to last for at least a second longer, He sat in silence, with her beside him, and then decided to start talking. He wanted to ask her how long they had known each other, even though he knew the answer, "Forever" she would say cheerfully, and he would laugh with her again and then, he would make eye contact, reach in to his pocket, and pull it out. A small golden ring, he wanted to as her to marry him, he wanted to start a family, a farm, and live happily until he died and left the farm to his children. It would be the perfect life. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

But just as he opened his mouth to start, the warning siren in the village went off, calling everyone outside in. Galant looked up and saw huge fireballs cry across the sky. But it was no longer [i]his[/i] sky. It was now a mass of bubbling grey cloud and fire. Fire that was raining down. He grabbed missy's hand and they ran together. She was too slow and the gates were starting to close so he picked her up and ran with all his might. They made it just in time, time, time...

The gate opened up to them and they ran inside to the town square where hundreds of screaming terrified people were crying and milling about like ants at a kicked ant hill. But the square was made to hold only 25-50 people so it was stuffed, stuffed beyond its limits. Missy cried out but Galant hel her close to his body as they walked deeper into the crowed to where the Village mayor was standing with two soldiers, calling out to the peope to calm down. Another sound was suddenly added to the din of noise, it was weapons fire. The deep blasting noise made by the village defence squad and then an explosion hit a wall sending a spray of rock and bodies into the crowd. Every single man, woman and child in the square suddenly pushed away from the explosion, everyone except for the poor few that were crushed to death by falling feet upon their un protected heads. The pushing was hard to fight against So Galant had to gently place missy on her feet. He grabbed her hand and shouted for her to stay with him. He pushed with the crowd away from the gapping hole in the wall and then felt Missy's hand leave his. He yelled for Her but did not hear from her again in that noise and fray of peoples bodies.

From the dark sky, he saw an Imperial drop ship enter orbit and come towards the mayhem in the square. It let loose two missiles outside the walls and then let the engine give out enough for the ship to hover just over the crowd. The ships back loading ramp opened up and four StormTroopers starting pulling people into the transport, saving their lives! saving, saving, saving...

He felt his feet leave the ground as two Troopers lifted him not the ship and the he stood there. Looking over the crowd, thinking. "Bless the Empire and her incredible army"

-----------------------------------------------------

That was his memory of that day, the day his life went straight to hell. He joined the imperial army and right wasy was sent to a barracks where they had a very strange training program. The imperial commander just stuffed each recruit into a tube that was then hooked up to their bodies. It rrelaxed then tensed their muscles, it fed them, and it ran simulations of battles from as far back as the battle of Hoth. Sometimes, they would stay in the ubes for up too a month, other times, only an hour. and each time just as painful and stranuous on his mind. But the memory of Missy kept him going. The emory of that feild. that day. he wanted it all back and the only way to do that was to... Actually. He didn't know. He didnt know how he was even in the army. He had no idea of how long he was there or when the last time he ate was. All that was for curtain was that his brain hurt like a nasty little bug was in-side there. Eating wasay at everything he was and replacing all he knew with Imperial love and memor---*Bizat*

"I loved the empire. Ever since they saved me from that day of fire on my home planet. Those troopers standing over me was just what I wanted. I always wanted. Farming was always my fathers thing. I hate farming. I hated my life on that planet. It was hell after all, wasn't it?"

The tube opened and the commander was standing there. Galant made eye contact and then fell out of his tube to the floor, completely wipped out by everything in the tube. But he loved the tube...or did he hate the tube...Other troopers love the tube. the commander tells me I love the tube. I love the tube...Yes..love the tube. It keeps my mind set on my goal of imperialism for the galaxy. He will die for the cause. He will die for it...

Galant Rendar Blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The communications were abuzz at the loss of four..or was it two troopers in the forest, "We've lost scouts in the wilderness, Im sending more out to look for them, or evidence of what happened to them." Said his squad captain. Galant just nodded as he looked around the deeply forested area to his left, right and front. However, at his back was  a metal structure that had to survive at all costs. Had to survive. Galant was told to stand his post and not let anything get past or escape. He heard whistling and turned to his left to see a middle aged male standing there unarmed.

"You there, Freeze!" Galant called out as he rushed forward with his blaster rifle primed and ready. The man leaped to the side and Galant followed around the corner of the facility to find an entire squad of rebels. All aiming at him, "Damn." Was all Galant said as the young man came forward and took his blaster rifle, side-arm, and everything in his battle belt. They then stripped him of his armour and two of the rebels took Galant out into the wilderness. They left him there in the forest to think and to die without anything but a short vibroknife and four ration packs.

Only a few minutes later, at a distance, he heard blaster fire and the yells of his comrades. He started to dash back to the facility but by the time He had reached it. There was nothing but a scorched hunk of steel that used to be the base, and over one hundred scorched or speared bodies of his comrades. Only 13 of them survived the battle at Endor.

He was taken to see the quarter master on his assigned star destroyer and was put on trial where they decided Galant should spend the next few years back at the tubes for re-programming for the abandonment of his post and not fighting with the other troopers. Re-programming?

-------------------------------------------

Its been years since Galant has seen the light of day, its been years since he was even able to think for himself, its been years and now he was being sent out again. Sent out do do the bidding of the Empire. But what he once knew was no longer alive. The Emprie as he knew it was dead. All that was left was a few clans of imperial warlords and admirals. It was just a stroke of luck that the re-programming tubes were on a planet owned by the people he served now. But as long as the flag the used was imperial. He would serve them to his death. To his bloody well Death.

(and so begins the stroy of Galant Rendar, Just another StormTrooper for the Empire.)

Alright, how was that for a starter?

-----------------------
New Recruit Rendar, Reporting for Assigned Duty
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  570
Total Posts:  2089
October 29, 2006 12:00:09 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I'am impressed, a few grammar errors but they were minor, or course I'm not your training officer and as such have no say on the matter, but I really liked your bio.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/LCPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
Galant Rendar
ComNet n00b

Galant Rendar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  5
October 29, 2006 3:18:11 PM    View the profile of Galant Rendar 
Thanks alot ^^

I'll go through and get rid of any errors that I can find()When I get excited about something, I often start making small mistakes from typing too fast..))

-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4966
October 29, 2006 4:49:42 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Very good. Yes, a few grammatical errors, but overall a really good bio. Check your email for additional orders.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Galant Rendar
ComNet n00b

Galant Rendar

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  7
October 29, 2006 6:47:52 PM    View the profile of Galant Rendar 
Yes, sir, thank-you, sir.

-----------------------
jag fel
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  66
October 31, 2006 2:36:15 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Hi cosmic, Ive completely re-done my bio. Which means Ive completely re-wroth the story . Hope you like it!

-----------------------
"The fate of the free world is in the hands of a bunch of hustlers and thieves" XXX2

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
jag fel
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  67
October 31, 2006 2:37:35 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
Name: Jagged Fel
Callsign: Jag Fel
Hair color: Brown (cut short)
Eye color: Brown
Height: 1.89m
Weight: 190lbs
Sex: male

By growing up in the higher levels of coruscant he always had the best. He never much cared about the rebel scum and there fight for 'freedom'. Money was not an option for his family. He and his brother would never have to work. But one day his brother dedcided to join the Imperial navy and hos whole world was shattered. His brother died during the fight for coruscant. Ever since then he always cared who won what fight. He thought he could do anything with his money.... even kill some high ranking rebel leaders. This is his story....

He used his money to buy power. He hired every mercenary he could get his hands on and assembled a private army. In all there were twenty and he was the leader. By hacking in to the systems of senators and the like he disabled there security systems and executed as amny of them as he could. But one night the bothans managed to find out his target.

"The second wave is coming. Lets hit the target and go!" Shouted one of the mercenaries in the middle of the first wave of coruscanti security forces.

Jag had already taken a shot to his arm but he still shouted "You hold em off! I'll take him out!" Jag blasted open the door to the apartment and found it empty! He was so frustrated he just started shooting at the wall and he found a secret entrance!

He whispered to himself, "I've got you now." He ran through the tunnel and he could here the sound of a ships engines warming up. He snuck aboard and waited until they were in hyperspave.

He ran into the cockpit pulled out his vibroblade and slit his throat. He thought to himself "I can never go back." He then started thinking about his brother and remembered that he signed up for the navy on the planet that was now controled by one of the splinter groups of the empire. He set course and dedcided that he wouldnt follow in his brothers footsteps. He would put his skills too good use in the stormtrooper corps...

He doesnt like being told exactly how to go into a fight because thats what his brother woulf of done. Ever since the ambush on coruscant he would kill without hesitation. Even his best friend...

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited November 4, 2006 8:37:23 AM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Major General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4977
November 1, 2006 12:29:30 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
A lot better bio than your previous attempts. Good work.

The main thing I did notice, though, was that there were many spelling errors, so keep an eye out on those in future writing.

Right now, I need to start looking around to see if there's a squad position available. Little difficult with the close of Jester, so sit tight for a bit.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Riqimo
ComNet n00b

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  2382
November 1, 2006 9:15:20 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Callsign: Riqimo

Species: Human

Height: 4'8"

Weight: 175 Pounds

Hair Color: Auburn

Eye Color: Green

Spoken Languages: Bocce, Bothan, Galactic Basic, Huttese, Jawaese, Mandalorian, Old Corellian, Pau'an, Shyriiwook, Tusken, and Ubese

Understood Languages: Ithorian , Kubazi, and Lekku

Planet Of Birth: Nar Shaddaa

History

Born on Nar Shaddaa (destroyed 18 ABY) to a smuggler couple, Riqimo has spent much of his life traveling the galaxy learning many languages.  On his 15th birthday, he left his parents for his own smuggling ship, called the Goden Davk.  Riqimo spent much of his time customizing this ship and specialized in smuggling droids and ship parts.

Due to his specialization in droids, much of his time was spent on Tatoonine where Jawaese and Bocce was picked up by him, as well as Tusken which was learnt through an unusual encounter.  A young tusken had wandered out alone and was attacked by a wraid.  Riqimo killed the wraid and a Holy Warrior of the nearby Tusken enclave forced Riqimo to the chief.  Because of his actions, Riqimo was welcomed as an honorary tusken, where he was taught, slowly but surely, the Tusken language.

Later, he was hired on Ando Prime of as a translator for pod races when his ship was damaged beyond repair.  A few days after receiving his first paycheck, Riqimo smuggled himself onto a transport to the Empire's recruiting post.
jag fel
ComNet Novice

jag fel

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  68
November 1, 2006 1:23:48 PM    View the profile of jag fel 
No problem theres no rush

-----------------------

Riqimo
ComNet n00b

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  2382
November 2, 2006 2:02:19 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
There seems to be an opening in Wraith which I would like
Tnepres
ComNet n00b

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  585
November 2, 2006 4:53:56 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Physical Appearance

Native Language: Basic
Hair Color: Black, dyed silver white, end of bangs are left black
Eye Color: Pink, though he wears red contacts to hide the color.
Skin Color: Pale white(albino)
Height: 6'1
Weight: 130
Full Name: Talstoran Yalmic
Physical Build: Slim, though slightly muscular.
Homeworld: Tatooine

Talents/Skills

1) Talented in the practice of sleight of hand(eg. stealing)
2) A charismatic speaker, possesses people skills
3) Proficient with knives, swords and familiar with pole arm class weapons
4) Familiar with being sneaky and stealthy

Background History
Tnepres stood in front of his mirror, staring into the reflection it showed. A tall, slim man was what could be seen. But he was far more complex past what the eye could tell, the details of his physical appearances almost contrasted against his human nature.

He was given the name of Talstoran Yalmic at birth, though no one had called him by that name for ages. He could hardly remember his mother, the woman who had once held him in her arms years before, smiling down at him as the Tatooine sun shone down. Most of the other memories of his childhood were just as vague. Born into a small tribe, Tnepres had a rough childhood. Deeply religious, the tribe worshipped a violent god, celebrating her often with violent rituals. It was rare for a festival to go by without a single life being lost.

Tnepres was only 8 when his mother had to give him up for an offering. Sometimes, if he tried hard enough, he could still remember the night before the offering was to take place. Though he was little, he knew exactly what was going on, he knew what the tribe had decided. It was a quiet night, his family didn't talk as they usually did. His mother, who would normally tell the him stories of heroes and adventures before bed just stared at him that night, looking at him with blank eyes. Tnepres knew that, behind her blank expression, she was already grieving.

As his family members went to sleep at last, Tnepres stayed awake, staring at the stars painted on the night sky. His mother once told him a story of hero, who, to escape his own definite demise, ran away so he could still be there for his family. "Sometimes, it's better to run away then to die," his mother had said after saying the tale. Finally deciding he couldn't go along with this, Tnepres, got up and dressed. After whispering bye to his family for the last time, he left the camp, eyes full of tears, heart heavy with despair.

The few years following his abandonment were the roughest years of his life. Taking shelter in a small desert town, Tnepres took up many jobs to earn his supper. He did anything he could to earn some food. He sung, worked, did errands and when he couldn't earn food, he stole. By the time he was 15, Tnepres had gone through much. It was a hard life, everyone he befriended betrayed him. He began to trust no one, though for some reason, he retained part of his friendliness, his warm and cheerful personality. Perhaps it was a good thing; sometimes, his optimism was the only thing that had kept him alive.

At the age of 18, Tnepres began his new job as a mercenary, a sword for hire. It was there he learned the art of killing. He was trained for quick and silent assassinations. It seemed almost too predictable, however, that this job would fail too, like all the other jobs he had tried. He made the mistake of growing too close to his target, he fell in love with her. Unable to kill her, he confessed both his feelings and his identity to her one night. Unlike the understanding response he had hoped for, his target grew fearful and ran away. Forced to flee or be killed by his employer, he ran away again, this time to a bigger city. There, he saw an his chance to escape, a ship leaving the airstrip.  After sneaking on board, he had celebrated to himself, the people after him would never get him now.  He finally arrived at the VE capital planet.  Seeking a new life, Tnepres, once known as Death's Venom, decided to sign up for the army.

And now here he was, standing in a dark room, rain dripping from the open window. He looked up and down at his new armor, adjusting it. Finally, he was content and he put down the armor he had changed out of. Walking out the door, he left behind not only his old armor but his old armor. He was now a loyal soldier of the empire.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness
[This message has been edited by Tnepres (edited November 2, 2006 4:58:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Tnepres (edited November 2, 2006 9:42:03 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Tnepres (edited November 2, 2006 9:51:42 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper SquadNet > Drill Squad  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:20:12 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 104  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >