JR
ComNet Cadet

JR

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  294
Total Posts:  471
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
October 12, 2004 5:54:09 PM    View the profile of JR 
The three RAIDERS sped towards the end of the alley in one of the speeders.  As they rounded the corner, Rizzit glanced  into one of the rear view mirrors as he was driving.

"JR," he yelled into the back, "Looks like we've got company."

JR looked back and saw that they were being followed by three Rebel speeders.  "F***," JR swore, "They must've followed us out of the line.  Either one of you have any ammo or explosives left?"

"Ya," came a reply from FK, "I wasn't in the fight so my E-11's pretty much full.  I've also got a few mines and some grenades."  With that he searched through is bag, took out some grenades and mines and handed them to JR along with his E-11.

JR fired a few shots which only bounced off the speeder doing barely any damage.  F***JR thought to himself these things have too much shielding.  Racking his brain he came up with an idea.

"Rizz I need you to turn a corner when I say so."  He said to the front, as he searched the mines and grenades FK had given him.  Pulling out a few remote mines and the remote JR looked back up to the front. "Alright now," he said.  Rizzit rounded the next corner and JR dropped the mines onto the street below.  As he had expected the speeders behind had rounded the corner.  As the first one went over the mines JR pushed the remote and sent it flying backwards, smashing into one of the back ones resulting in a huge explosion that wiped out both speeders.

"Alright two down one more to go."  JR relayed to the front as he returned his gaze to remaining speeder.  Again racking his brain, he came up with another idea.  Throwing a grenade to the left side of the speeder, JR quickly pulled out his gun and targeted the left side of it.  Just as he had thought the speeder dodged to the right avoiding the grenade, giving JR a view of the driver for a few seconds.  It was all the time he needed as he pulled the trigger sending a bolt into the drivers head, which sent him crashing down onto the steering wheel, turning the speeder to the right and sending it crashing into a building.

"Well," JR said, "Stupid rebels never learn.  You just can't beat the RAIDERS.  Step on it Rizz, let's get the hell out of here."

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SSGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
[This message has been edited by JR (edited October 12, 2004 7:50:01 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  765
October 12, 2004 9:36:12 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo halted as a scream echoed through the hallway. Shiver ran through his spine.
What in God's name are they doing to her?
Every second counted.

"Faster" Zafo barked at the Private, who had now began to jog. For a minute they darted around the hallways until they stopped in front of a huge door.

"Through this door" The rebel began, his voice no louder than a whisper "Is where your friend is being held. There is a lobby and several doors along the far wall. She's in the cell farthest on the right. I will enter the code for the door then..."

"Then you will get the hell out of here" Zafo interrupted. The rebel looked shocked. "Listen, It's the best I can do. If it weren't for you, my friend in there would probably not make it out alive."

Never had Zafo ever seen someone so happy in his life. The rebel quickly entered the password, and turned towards Zafo

"All you have to do is hit the enter button" The rebel said, then turned around and started to run.

Zafo watched as the rebel helplessly ran down the hallway, throwing an occasional glance in Zafo's direction. Zafo simply watched as the rebel turned the corner.
...and If I ever saw him again, I'd probably have to kill him Zafo thought to himself. Wiping the slight grin off his face, Zafo brought his mind the much more important task before him. He had no clue how heavily guarded the lobby or the individual cell actually was. "Don't let go..."

Zafo smacked on the enter key. The door slid open in response, revealing a rather large circular room, with a single guard standing in it. The guard didn't even have a chance to point his rifle at Zafo before he ran up and smacked the guard flat in the face, with the butt of his rifle. The guards unconscious body fell to the floor.

Zafo quickly proceeded to scan the rest of the lobby to make sure there were no hidden or unnoticed rebels, waiting to attack. When Zafo deemed the area safe, he started to walk over to the door located farthest right of him.

A muffled, but loud voice was heard through the door followed by the crack of a whip and another piercing scream. Zafo put away his E-11 and unholstered  his pistol. Another Scream filled the lobby. Zafo tightened his grip on his prized pistol. Pure rage building inside him once again. He marched up to the door, raised his foot, and smashed the door down. Three startled face swung in his direction. Zafo raised his pistol and swung his arm across the room unleashing 7 shots. Two shots went stray while the two rebels closest to the door took two shots each. The final shot pierced into the arm of a man holding a baton who was just about to unleash another thrash on his victim. The rebel clutched his arm in pain and fell to the ground, moaning in pain. Zafo grabbed the keys off one of the fallen guards and opened the cell. It was then he saw Kami.

It was a horrible sight. The once white stormie armour was covered in blood from the beatings taken to her face alone. Zafo was sure much more damage had been done but just that, and seeing the limp body strapped to the wall was more than enough.

Zafo walked up to the fallen rebel, who was still wincing in pain from his arm injury.

"Unfortunately for you" Zafo began, anger surging in his voice "That wound is not fatal"

The rebel looked up. He knew what was coming and there was no way he could stop it.
Zafo unleashed his first wave of fury. By the time Zafo's rage had ended, the rebel was a complete mess. His facial features no longer distinguishable. No longer able to move from the pain.

Zafo stared the rebel straight in the eye, even though he was almost sure he could not see him.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way for you, but you screwed with the wrong person"
With that Zafo brought this pistol in front of him and unleashed a single shot to the head of his enemy. The body made one last shake before it would remain motionless, forever.

It was then that Zafo turned his attention to Kami. He wasn't even sure if she was conscious at the moment, or had realised what just went on. He went through the keys until he found the right ones and unlocked the cuffs which bound Kami to the wall. Her body fell forward onto Zafo's shoulders as the last binding came off. He lay her down in the corner and sat beside her.

"Its ok" Zafo began, not even sure if Kami could here him
"Its over now" 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCP ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited October 12, 2004 9:39:15 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  883
Total Posts:  2873
October 13, 2004 2:54:09 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Raziel sat across from the two guardsmen, watching as they dissasembled blaster rifles with telekenisis. Even the best needed practise, Raziel figured. He envied their status and he envied their abilities which he lacked. The feeling was something new to him, he had always learned to adabt to his own specialities and abilities. When he contemplated it, he realised it was a part of his Krath conditioning. To be distrustful of others with power, to constantly strive for more power

He had been following Fury around the camp through the Force, gently touching his mind so he knew where he was. It wasn't enough to alarm Fury, but Raziel would sense any sudden change in Fury's emotion. The two guardsmen let him "keep watch" over Fury, whilst they did some practise.

Suddenly he felt a distrubance in the Force, a large one. The guardsmen's rifles dropped to the floor as they all concentrate on it.
"Master," one of the guadsmen confirmed.

Raziel realised he had lost track of Fury. He quickly reastablished his position, only to find that he was moving off of the shore. Raz relayed the information to the guardsmen.
"What do we do?" he asked
"We Follow." they said together. Raz got the feeling they knew something he didn't.

He followed them down to the shore, where a boat was already waiting.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1734
Total Posts:  3940
  Sqaull, ARG!
October 14, 2004 8:52:42 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
  Snipes slammed the controls as he spun into a tight turn, another slam on the accelerator sent him fish tailing into traffic, sliding in between two speeders he slowed down to match the traffic, or atleast come close, he still passed as much as he could. And another half an hour brought a calm to him, the mission was over now, he would have found persuers if they where after him, and the others would have managed a communication if anything was wrong, it was just then that his comm beeped. Snipes reached up and hit the button on his earpeice worriedly; he hoped the heavens that everything was ok. the button clicked and blaster fire hit his ear; he exploded. "Rizzit, FK. whats happening? whats wrong? where are you?" Snipes gunned the throttle and flew past a pokey old guy.

"huh? wha?" a clearly bewildered FK managed "oohhhh. . .right. . ." Snipes heard realization strike "ey, guys, turn down the volume!" FK was yelling away from the comm, a second later and the blaster fire grew fainter and eventulay dissapeared. " Sorry Snipes, just watchin a movie and playing sabbac, anyway, we have some orders for you while your'e out, sent down to us just a moment ago, we have a new arrival, go pick him up outside the city, the rest of the info's on your pad, now if you dont mind im missing the movie, so later."

Snipes didnt even have time to say good-bye before FKs comm flicked out.

"Ey, lukas, hand me my pad." Snipes said, holding out his hand, wich was a moment later filled with Snipes outdated datapad "i realy need to get a new one of these" Snipes swore as he lumbered his way threw the login sequence and identification and finaly the start up. he bounced his way around the mish-mash of files on the system and found the one he was looking for, he put coordinates on the speeders memory bank, then, tossing the pad into the back , wich was answered with an unhealthy sounding crack, Snipes gunned the throttle again, and pulled a 'Uey' threw the now sparse traffic of the district, he sped away  towards the nessecary exit. The guards slowed them down, but they still managed to exit, then speeding along the coast they found the place the new guy was supposed to drop and Snipes sighed, they spent ten minutes scouring the area looking for him, they gave up and hopped back in the speeder and waited, ten more minutes and the end of Snipes patience saw the guy walking up the beach, lugging lots of equipment. Snipes eased teh throttle and let the speeder win its way to the recruit; he was dressed in coveralls, like some technition or something, supposed to be a disguise Snipes guessed.

Lukas jumped down and grabbed a couople bags from the man and started shoving them in a compartment 

"Are you Captain Rizzit?" the man asked in a tone that just dripped 'hi. I'm Bantha Fodder'

Snipes couldnt help laughing "Hell no I aint, I'm Sergeant Sniping101, although most people just call me Snipes or 'Bill' dont ask. anyway, I'm just here to give you a lift, C'mon and help get that crap in, i hate waiting on people." the man started to move "oh, anbd whats your name, kid?" Snipes smiled in satisfation, he loved being able to call people kid.

"Squall, just, Squall, Sergeant"

"Ah, good, you didnt say 'sir;', I hate it when people call me sir, makes me feel old"

"YES SIR!" Lukas yelled from behind, saluting aswell.

"AND YOU GET BACK TO WORK, SLAVE!" Snipes yelled, it was just banter, useless but fun.

Several minutes of back and forths fallowed as they loaded the gear, some of it didnt fit, so Snipes threw it in the ocean. they all piled in (Squall, sitting on Snipes already decrepid datapad)

It took Snipes an hour to reach the base, another twenty minutes saw all the new gear unloaded and the new guy giving orders to Rizzit, but in all the confusion Snipes had managed to slip off to his room for a nice bottle of brandy, and unusual drink for him, but fitting for the situation.
  -----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
"A spanking new Athlon reduced to a Gameboy Emulator"- Gabe from Penny Arcade.
"As long as their is Space, Im going to stare off into it"-Garfield
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM! I kiss him and love him all the night out! - Modified by Me, original by -anonymous

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 14, 2004 8:53:43 PM)]
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate (UNI)

Post Number:  361
Total Posts:  1884
October 18, 2004 3:03:02 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami was conscious, though she didn't quite know how. Her whole body throbbed, her face a stinging mesh of agony.
A burning anger streamed in a constant flow through her body, pumping through her veins and clutching at the tips of her fingers. Anger at herself, for allowing herself to be captured, anger at her captors, for treating her like they had, and anger at her father... as memories of all the times he had abused his power through beatings plagued the back of Kami's mind.

This is how they will treat you Kami...Axis had mumurmed, madness tinting his eyes, You will be ready...i will make it so...

Zafo's grip tightened about her shoulders as another jolt ran through her, grabbing her viciously in the upper chest and throwing her forwards, blood spraying from her throat. Doubled over, Kami refused to acknowldege the defeated look she knew resided in Zafo's eyes, or the gradual tightening of her lungs as they collapsed slowly in on themselves.
I will not die here...she told herself, forcing her back to straighten, Not now...not by Rebel hands...

"Kami, please!"  Zafo's voice wavered slightly, "Stay still! Help's coming"

Kami bit back a sarcastic laugh, and stilled instead.
Zafo had risked his life to find her, and continued to by staying with her. His optimisism was all that was keeping her going, keeping her breathing...
Another jolt of pain seared through Kami's chest, Zafo's hand clamping over her mouth to stifle her scream.
Sliding weakly sidewards, Kami allowed Zafo to pull her to him, and further back into the shadows of the storage room.
The voices outside the small door grew louder, a series of shouts and questions, then fainter as the sound of running footsteps faded down the hallway.

Kami glanced up at Zafo, taking in the anxiety in his eyes.
"Go..." she mumurmed, forcing a crooked smile onto her face, "I'll still be here when you get back."
Zafo hesistated, then reached down and brushed the hair from Kami's eyes, "You better be."
Sliding to the front of the storage room, he opened the door a crack, looked around, then disapearred from view.

Without Zafo's warmth, Kami felt her chills return. Clutching at the knife Zafo had returned to her, she allowed her head to fall back until it struck the steel floor.
Breathing shallowly, she wrapped her good arm around her battered body, and watched as the shadow of darkness hovering about her head edged another inch closer.
"No..." she whispered, her voice hoarse, "Stay away."
The darkness quivered, then edged another inch closer, causing tears to spring to Kami's eyes.

"No...please..."

The cloud shook with what seemed to be silent laughter, then swooped rapidly downwards, blocking the world from Kami's view...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/CPL kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited October 18, 2004 3:04:09 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  766
Total Posts:  981
October 18, 2004 6:24:58 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon and Tk finished wiring the second tower which was about 150 meters from where the tower was that Kami had gone to wire the explosives to.  Once they finished, Afyon ensured all of the remote detonators were online before the two ran back towards Kami's tower to give her a hand.  When the two arrived, Kami wasnt anywhere in site.  Afyon looked up the tower while Tk quickly ran towards the communications center to see if she was hiding.  Afyon joined him a couple seconds later, he had a black object in his hand.  It was an imperial issue comlink, the one piece of imperial gear the squad carried.

"I found this by one of the legs."  Afyon said, his face full of concern.  "I think something has happened to Kami."  He continued.  He shoved the comlink into his pocket and looked around trying to figure out where to go next.  "Ok let's search the communications center, maybe she was captured and brought there."  Afyon ordered.  The two ran around the corner and up the stairs into the center.  A quick search of the rooms revealed only the dead bodies of the rebel technicians they had killed earlier.  Afyon decided to break radio silence and turned on his comlink.  He quickly found out from those leading the chase outside that Zafo had reported in earlier that he thought Kami had been captured and he was going to find her.

"Dammit!"  Afyon exclaimed over the comlink.  "Alright you two, lose the bloody rebels on your back and get your asses to the boat now!"  Afyon ordered.  He didn't even listen for responses, he shut off the comlink and stored towards the exit of the communications center, completely oblivious to Tk saying something behind him.  Tk shrugged and followed him out quickly.

Outside, the two ran towards the only other building in the compound.  When they reached it, Afyon inserted the security pass he had stolen and the door openned without a problem.  The two quickly ran inside.  Afyon figured the jail was most likely in the bottom of the building so the two ran down a staircase, almost knocking over Zafo who was fleeing up it.

"Zafo, did you find Kami?"  Afyon asked desperately.

"Ya, I freed her for a second but the rebs came back, was coming for reenforcements.  They've tortured her and beat her pretty badly."  Zafo said as he tried to gain his breath.

"Alright lets move it!" Afyon ordered.

The three ran down the staircase and into the hall.  Zafo led them to another staircase that led down to the level where Kami was.  At the bottom, they took a different turn from the one Zafo had took the first time in order to sneak up behind where the rebels were when Zafo had fled.  Twenty seconds later, they paused at a corner, they could hear voices down the halls accompanied by the sounds of someone punching flesh.

"Bloody beasts."  Afyon scowled softly.  "You two stay here, I'll give you the signel when to come."  He ordered.

"You cant go in there by your-" Zafo began.

"Thats an order now can it."  Afyon replied angerly, his green eyes burned with anger and rage.  He swung his captured rebel carbine in front of him and quickly made his way down the hall and into the detention area.  He saw two men, one holding up Kami, the other beating her.  She was bloodied and appeared to be unconscious.  "Whats going on here."  Afyon demanded as he glared at the two men.  The soldier hitting Kami whirled around, gun pointed right at Afyon.

"Interrogating a prisoner sir!"  The soldier shouted as he came to attention.  The other one dropped Kami and came to attention as well.

"Since when does Republic resort to torture and barbarity to interrogate a prisoner?"  Afyon demanded angrily as he walked towards the two.

"She's an imperial sir, imperial scum deserve what they get coming!"  The soldier replied.

"I don't recognize you Captain."  The other began.  "Who the hell are you?"  He demanded, pointing his carbine at Afyon.

"Captain Corran Hargraves, New Republic Intelligence."  Afyon replied without thinking.  His mind paused for a second, why the hell did I say that?  Afyon thought puzzledly.  He began to think about what he had just said when his thought process was cut off.

"Pleasure to meet you Captain."  The other soldier said as he gave Afyon a salute.  Afyon walked over to the soldier saluting him.  When he stood about a meter in front of the soldier, he stared into the soldiers eyes and felt the rage go through him.  Afyon paused for a second before belting the soldier in the face as hard as he could.  He turned around and fired three shots into the other soldier.

"Zafo,Tk,in here now!"  Afyon shouted.  He turned to the soldier he had punched and punched him twice in the stomach before kicking him hard in the cut, rupturing his spleen.  The two Dragoons raced in only to find both rebel soldiers on the floor.  Afyon ignored the two and began kicking the rebel soldier hard while he lay on the ground screaming in pain.  Afyon contiuned to kick him in the face and stomach untilfinally the screaming ended and he stopped moving.  Afyon slammed his foot down hard into the soldier's face once more time before turning to his two squadmates who were staring puzzledly at him.  Afyon walked over to Kami and picked her up and looked at the two men.

"The others should be at the boat by now, lets get the hell out of here before someone else comes."  Afyon said flatly.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  617
Total Posts:  948
October 18, 2004 9:23:39 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi was nearing completion on his project.

His location was near perfect and he only had minor troubles with homeless denizens.

Soon Wraith would have to launch thier attack on the next security station.

Three clicks on his comm to signal that he wanted to talk.

"Okay people I trust you've all been doing your jobs and getting ready while I've been away not barking orders at you.  The distraction is ready.  Signal me when you are ready to commence the next phase."  Kuroishi commed.

It had taken too long as it was.  Too much longer and the security station they already had taken out would be rebuilt and they would have to take it out again.

Maybe the veterens were indeed ready for retirement.  Except for possibly Argon the other former Fallen Angles were nearing thier mid fifties and manditory retirement age in most militaries.

Kuroishi doubted he would ever retire but Daishi might.  Daishi did have a family now.

Such thoughts would have to be saved for later.  There would be work to do and soon.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Agent of Wierdness
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
Zafo
ComNet Initiate

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  185
October 18, 2004 9:39:28 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo scouted ahead while TK covered Afyon and Kami.
Strange Zafo thought This place is much emptier than it should be

Zafo's thought was cut short when he made the turn into the hallway which led out of the rebel base. An incredible amount of rebel troops were gathered at the exit. Zafo skidded back to the hallway he came from as fast as he could, hoping nobody noticed him.
Yeah Right was all Zafo could think. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him back to the other three Dragoons.

"They've assembled a hell load of troops at that exit, I think it would be wise to take another exit" Zafo proposed.

"That is strange, why would they assemble a large number of troops at one exit?"
Afyon wondered

"Beats me" Zafo answered

"Anyways, we want to try and avoid rebels wherever possible. We will find another way out"

The Dragoons went in the direction from which they came. They stopped when they reached a door Afyon had used his stolen keycard to open. The door refused to open. A beep echoed through the hallway, followed by an automated voice coming from a speaker overhead. "Access denied, System Lockdown"

Afyon tried several other times with different keycards he had acquired, but with no success. Afyon sighed with dismay as the Dragoons were forced to find another way.

Each time they thought they were making decent progress, a keycard required door blocked their path. Afyon tried regardless of the fact that he knew they would not open. Then it hit Zafo, much later than it should have, there were so many rebels at that one exit, because they knew it was the  only exit the Dragoons would be able to exit from.

They stopped right before the turn that would bring them to the death-trap hallway.

"I think our best bet here is to grenade them, then fire blindly into the smoke. If there are as many as Zafo says, we should hit quite often. I'm still shocked the rebels chose this method. Its not something they would usually do" Afyon ordered

Zafo nodded as he unclipped two grenades from his belt, TK did the same

"What about the explosives we set?" TK inquired

"We should be perfectly fine" Afyon began "Those grenades should cause more human damage than structural damage. They shred through skin, but aren't as devastating on materials such as steel"

TK and Zafo inched over to the corner, grenades in hand.
"I'll pop out" TK began "throw me two grenades, come back then you do the same. After that, pull out your blaster rifle and go trigger-happy."

Right before TK was about to spring out and attack, Afyon asked to stop. He lay Kami against the wall and pulled out his E-11. "We need all the firepower we can get" Afyon simply stated. Zafo glanced over at Kami. She was still unconscious and propped against a near wall. She would be safe from any stray shots or other attacks, unless the rebels got to where the other three Dragoons were currently standing.

"Ready?" TK muttered as threw himself into the hallway and launched his two grenades. He immediately withdrew, giving Zafo his opportunity to chuck his grenades at the rebel mass. He did so and pulled him self behind the corner as the explosions shook the ground followed by random blaster fire flying down the hallway. Zafo poked his head round the corner and saw only smoke. He crouched down and fired a burst of shots, not sure of what he was hitting.

The three Dragoons continued their attack in such manner; leaning around the corner firing a bunch of shots, and withdrawing around the corner to prevent being hit and to give another Dragoon the chance to fire. At last the smoke cleared revealing a hallway completely filled with rebel corpses. Very few remained standing and posed a small threat for the Dragoons. They all sprung out at the same time and unleashed a deadly wave of energy at the remaining rebels. By the time the firing rampage had ended, not a single rebel remained standing. Quite miraculous that three angry Dragoons took out around 75 rebels.

Zafo stepped around the hoard of dead bodies at the end of the hallway and to a cautious leap outside. A dozen or so shots fired his way. TK quickly bolted forward to help in the disposing of the resistance as Afyon went back to bring Kami. When the coast was clear, Zafo and TK both signalled Art, who came running with Kami over his shoulders.

"Once we get into the forest we should be rather safe" Afyon commented

"Ill go first, to draw fire" Zafo suggested

Zafo didn't even wait for an answer before he sprinted from the door to the forest 25 meters away. Not a single shot was fired at him. TK and Art, taking this as a sign that the coast was clear began their sprint across the field. They too, made it to the forest without any trouble whatsoever.

The Dragoons ran through the forest towards their boat, relieved with the lack of resistance. As they got closer, the saw lasers flashing in the near distance. When they were within 20 meters of the ship, they clearly saw that Sam and Rema were in the ship holding off a group of 20 rebels. Zafo and TK crept around in back of the attacking rebels. They positioned themselves at the edge of the small clearing the rebels were attacking from. "Death Unseen" was what filled Zafo's mind as he and TK gunned down each rebel, without even one realizing where their demise was coming from.

When the last rebel hit the ground, Afyon (with Kami on his shoulders), Zafo and TK ran for the boat. Sam and Rema merely looked shocked as they watched Kami's unconscious body being brought onto the ship. Zafo let out a sigh of relief as the boat was unhooked and its engines started. 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited October 18, 2004 9:45:57 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1597
Total Posts:  2689
October 18, 2004 11:58:09 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC] Pardon the randomness and roughness of this.  I had a better post but lost it. [/OOC]

After three days of walking essentially in the dark, Fury felt the need for some fresh air and light.  Upon being deposited in an old underwater fishing yard/depot, Fury, Raziel and various Vast Empire and Bestinian troops had walked up the maintenance pipe that led to the surface. 

Their trip was cut by two days by using a utility tram that remained functional.  It would have taken them the rest of the way had the track not been damaged further up the line.

And now it was time for fish jerky.  Once the rations the Vast Empire troops had brought with them had run out, they were left with only what their allies had been forced to eat for the ten years of this campaign. With livestock either killed in the constant warring and wild animals consumed by overhunting, there was little meat left but what fishermen could pull from the waters of Bestine IV.  The compressed veggie cakes and tallgrain mush he could handle.  The constant fish cakes however were getting to be too much.  Not that he wouldn't eat them, he just couldn't be made to like the damnable things.

Fury grimaced, swallowed harm and took a long pull from his canteen.  At least the local water was good, unlike some planets he had campaigned on.

Raziel had returned with his two scouts.  The team was only a couple of klicks from the exit of the tunnel system and as the various fisheries all led to this facility, the small tunnel had become a large cavern of transport rail paths. 

Raziel approached, took off his helmet and poured himself a mug of tea from the communal pot. "Seems secure boss.  However, we're definitely under surveillance.  Someone knows we're here."  Fury looked over to his lead Bestinian contact, who just shrugged.  "We're not sure how that might be, but if they were New Republic, we might be heading into an ambush."

Fury nodded.  "That said, I didn't walk this whole way to start getting skittish.  Take ten and we'll move out in three man teams."  For the past few days each trio had worked together to scout ahead and get used to one another.  It was a necessity of warfare that was about to pay off.

Upon emerging from the tunnelhead, three teams split off from the warehouse in which they found themselves and began occupying adjacent buildings.  Two other teams moved out to set up an E-Web emplacement and a sniper's nest, respectively. 

Fury and his two soldiers waited for the other teams to settle and moved forward carefully.  It was tempting to enjoy the sun at their back and breathe in fresh oxygen, but that just wouldn't do given the situation.  Slowly, avoiding the rubble and debris from the long abandoned facility, the trio moved up toward a central plaza.  There, true to his sensor array, was what looked like an antiquated dunespeeder and three human males. 

His helmet's vision enhancements couldn't answer the question that had been bugging him the moment he saw the trio.  Three men, alert yet relaxed as only a military soldier can do.  Similar height and build.  Older, but still capable of quick action by the looks of them.

He took off his helmet and raised up his macrobinoculars and took a closer look.  He quickly put them down, muttered a curse and looked to the Bestini liason officer.  "Sithspit! You didn't say anything about there being clones here!"

The man flinched but came back with the only truthful response he had.  "We assumed you would go into this meeting with unreasonable expectations had we told you.  That, and you never know how people are going to respond to clones, especially Imperials."

This irked Fury and made the other trooper with him go to his gun. "How dare you...." Then he remembered the backlash against clones from those who had challenged the rise of the Empire.  Along with all the High Human Culture crap Palpatine sold was an anti-clone as well as an anti-non-human bent.  The proud soldiers of the Republic were of as suspect loyalty as the Senators who once ruled the galaxy.

He nodded.  "The Vast Empire isn't like that.  Trust me. This might be a little bit weird, but I think we're going to manage that part at least." He slung his rifle and cradled his helmet in his left arm.  "Seems they probably have us surrounded.  Let's go meet the locals."  And with that he walked towards the trio.

When he got into close enough to discern their similar features, he stopped and raised a salute, "Greetings citizens.  I am General Fury of the Vast Empire, currently fighting alongside the Imperial faction here on Bestine.  I request a meeting with your community, if I may."

"Citizens," coughed the clone to the left with no small amount of amusement.  "Good start soldier.  That bought you a lot more good favor than you realize."  He was quickly stared down to silence by the center man, who had until now been paying attention to a cigarra he had rolled.

"Pardon my eager lieutenant, General.  I am known to my people as Haden.  Long story, as it is with any clone who took a personal name.  Originally decanted as CT-5063 along with what is left of this battalion here on Bestine.  We fought the tail bitter end of the Clone Wars, pacified dozens of planets, dealt with every nasty uprising you can imagine."

He paused, lit up his smoke, and commenced rolling cigarras for those who wanted one (Fury, who had been without tabacc for weeks, was very grateful to accept).  Continuing his story, "I was made an officer and sent for flash training and returned to the unit.  By then we had been fighting for about ten years when we were assigned to this planet to defend a few new settlements from pirates and Confederate holdouts in this sector.

"Somehow, when the Empire was consolidating it's rule, we were forgotten in the mix.  Oh, we tried to re-establish contact, but the confusion was too much given the times.  We eventually received an Imperial garrison, but they wanted nothing to do with clones at that point.

"So we retired.  Some of us served as mercenaries and bodyguard teams.  The rest became fishermen, joined the local militia. Others were small craftsmen or tallgrain farmers living near our few cities.  Everyone left us alone."  He paused and finished another smoke before continuing.

"We had a simple life, one shattered by the New Republic invasion.  We considered fighting alongside the Empire, but just couldn't feel an overwhelming urge to help those who oppressed us as much as the New Republic probably would discriminate against us.  So we sat this one out.

"And life has well and truly sucked for any being on this planet, as well you might imagine.  And now, you bright and shining stormtroopers have come to offer us salvation as the cost of our lives and security, such as it is." He held up a hand. "No, I'm not done having my say.  You'll get your chance.

"Come with us to Tarmuth, our capital.  I daresay it has the tallest building left on this planet at five stories.  Bring your men, have a sit with us and discuss your plan.  I promise nothing but that we'll listen and that you'll get a proper meal.  You see, for now I'm just the mayor and until we make a decision one way or another, the people will get their chance to decide."

Fury could only nod at that.  Raising his hand, he waved the rest of the team into the plaza.  Once they appeared, five squads of armored clone troopers emerged from all around the plaza and assembled in front of the dunespeeder.  Four open-air cargolifts broke from cover and came to collect the troopers and the Imperials.

Raziel climbed up into the repulsorlift and looked at Fury. "Well, we're not prisoners."

"No."

"But we're not allies."

"Correct."

"They're going to let us give a speech?"

"Uh huh."

"A meal come with that?"

"Yup."

"So far so good then."  Raziel leaned back and proceeded to take a nap.  Fury leaned against the side of the transport and watched the mostly undamaged land fly past and he tried to figure out just what the hell he was going to say to get these people on their side.
  -----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited October 18, 2004 11:58:45 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  117
Total Posts:  199
October 19, 2004 6:35:58 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis was off at work when the word came from Kuroishi.  After Anubis returned to the apartment and saw that the others were preping their gear, Anubis became eager and commed Morco that he was going to be gone a few days.

Morco wasn't very happy about this, but seeing as the pile of broken droids he had got fixed, he was willing to let Anubis do it.  He'd also succeeded in getting the human replica droid.

The droid was still in a state of disrepair, and it would take several man hours to make her capable again, which proved to be to Anubis' help, as he was able to get the owner to give it to him for a price far smaller than was paid to get it in the first place.

Anubis went to work putting on his body armor, ensuring everything was set.  It had taken a while, but the Wraiths found a supplier of arms from an Imperial Resistance fighter.  The weapons weren't anything high-tech, but they could get the job done.

Anubis chose an almost archaic CSU Sniper Rifle and a highly illegal disruptor pistol as his weaponry for the coming fight.  Anubis knew that in the old days, such weapons being used by Imperial soldiers was considered against the Imperial Stormtrooper Code.  However, these were not the old days, these days were far different.

After all the Wraiths had managed to get geared up, they moved out towards the security complex.  This one was relatively the same, but had a few differences.  Due to the recent attack, the New Republic had increased patrols in the immediate area by both troopers and droids.

This was going to be a hard fight, Anubis had no question about that.  But what Anubis couldn't get past was a feeling that something could go terribly wrong in this operation.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  890
Total Posts:  2873
October 21, 2004 7:51:37 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(OOC: Some of this refers to the, as yet, unwritten Raziel's story)
Raziel catnapped with, as always, one eye open. He could sense no ill-intent from the clone around, only mistrust. He knew the other troopers were still battle ready, but he took al duties regarding Fury's safety rather seriously.

He wore only the chest piece from his old storm commando armour, the helmet sat on his lap. He wore a long sleeved urban camouflaged shirt underneath his armour vest. In his sleeves, safely holsters sat his two lightsabers. Bringing them had been a risk, if he got searched there would probably be trouble. Then again he had no where to leave them, he didn't even trust any of the Dark Order to look after them for him. A bandolier was slung on top of his armour, a full array of throwing knives hung from it. At his waist sat his repeating pistols and combat knives and located around his body were various hold out blasters, his personal favourite being the quickfire-4 and MB-450.

Beneath his placid exterior however Raziel was in emotional turmoil. The information revealed to him on his recent trip to Nar Shaddaa suggested that he was not entirely natural born. If that really was the case, and not just a sick joke on someone's part then  he had much in common with these things. They were engineered soldiers, designed only for one purpose. As he looked across the craft at one of them in disdain, was he looking in the mirror? If Tuckers last words had been true, could their be an army of Raziel's out there waiting to be unleashed? Had he, himself, been just a prototype, before some underworld group unleashed a horde of super assassins?

Those were not questions for now, they were for the future, Raziel reminded himself. Now he had to stay focussed.

Suddenly it dawned on him that he had asked Talon to accompany him with the Order. He hadn't planned on this being an extended trip to another part of the planet, just a short meeting.

He had a communicator on his person, tuned to the signals for the Royal Guardsman helmets, but he couldn't just use that in the presence of their potential allies. No, he would have to try and contact his master another way.

If Japheth had been with them it would have been a simple matter to contact his mentor across such a distance. Instead he would have to try and attract Master Talons attention. He squeezed his eyes shut and concentrated.

Master Talon?

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited October 21, 2004 7:54:51 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1599
October 21, 2004 2:50:18 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Haden was as good as his word.  The mayor of Tarmuth, now in a more relaxed pose and adorning a floppy wide-brimmed hat he had likely affected since becoming a grain farmer, was watching the sun set at the end of his city.  Fury had come with him at his request.

"Nice tabacc you grow here Mayor," he said as he exhaled a bit of his last taste of his cigarra.

"We were self-sufficient by design I suppose.  Turning into farmers and fishers didn't screw up that part of the design much I imagine."  The clones, their mates, and the various beings who decided to live and work in the clone soldiers colonies had diversified as much as any low scale  populace on a mid-tech world could.  A variety of crops were grown year-round, fishing was performed exactingly and selectively to not deplete the local fish beds.  More importantly, repairs, maintenance, and even some growth in small industry was evident here if in no other place on the planet's surface.

Science and research was another flourishing hot spot for the clones.  Especially knowledge of their surroundings.  Fury wanted, if nothing else, news of some discoveries here to make it back to the Imperial forces.

The aging clone turned and looked at the imperial soldier.  "We really just wanted to be left alone out here, but with your arrival, I imagine this planet is about to be near, if not at the crossroads of some major events in the near future.  I'm coming to the conclusion that no matter what I wish for, this community is going to have to pick sides."

Fury only nodded.  "I hope you take my words and my actions to heart.  We are not the Empire that lived to spread fear.  Indeed, as my former commander just informed me, we have been selected as targets of a Grand Admiral with designs to reinstate Palpatine-like rule.  This would not be our goal and so it looks like we may have a two-front war on our hands soon.

"I shouldn't even tell you that, but you need to know the stakes before you make a decision.  I need you to be comfortable with your choice, if a decision to pick a side is one you feel you must make."

The mayor lit his own cigarra, momentarily hiding his features behind the brim of his hat. "Never knew a fight when long odds didn't exist.  I suspect most of us are itching to finish the fighting on this planet.  We turned a lot of refugees away, people who had done us wrong in the past.  That was probably the wrong thing to do, so, if nothing else, joining the fight would be a ways of making it up to however many of them are still breathing.

"Now, let me consult with my people.  Enjoy a night's sleep on a bed for once.  We'll ferry your Dark Jedi back to Imperial territory with the information we've learned.  He can pass that along to whoever needs that knowledge with our thanks for being civil when meeting us.  It's such a small thing, courtesy, but look at the rewards it brings." The mayor chuckled, left the wall they were standing against, waved and went off to bed.

The reduction of mines over the last month mixed with the natural air currents meant that there are now actual pockets of clear space in which to fly ships through. That was news more valuable than Adegan crystals.  If they could get the clones to sign on, they had enough vehicles and craft to turn this slight Imperial advantage into a full-blown rout. 

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  775
October 22, 2004 9:50:36 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon ran for the boat while the rest of the squad provided cover.  Once he got to the shore, he climbed on and slowly rotated Kami so as to lie her down on her back.  He then ran to start the engine and then manned one of the boat's guns while the rest of the squad fought their way back to the boat.  Once the last person had hopped on, Afyon gunned the engine and the boat raced out towards the open waters.  He turned control of the boat over to Rema and made his way back to check on Kami.  Her breathing was irregular, her skin clammy, and she was very pale.  Afyon got back up and rallied the squad together.

"Once we get to the base, grab all of the gear and load it up onto the rebel ship we captured.  We head back to the main base as soon as we can.  Kami need medical attention immediately so we haveto move fast.  If you cant take all the captured rebel guns and ammo dont worry, just get the fuel, communications gear, explosives, base equipment, and our imperial stuff.  If we have time we'll take the rebel equipment as well."  Afyon instructed.  "Until we get there, keep on your toes, everyone take a side of the boat and watch out for enemy ships."  He ordered.

Twenty minutes later, the boat roared into the cave where the base was.  Once they docked, everyone hopped off and began to gather the gear from the rooms inside the cave and from above.  Zafo and Sam began to roll the large fuel drums onto the rebel ship and locked them into the slots built onboard for extra fuel.  Tk climbed up the ladder to grab the communications gear, weaponry, camouflage netting, and other base gear on top while the rest started lugging gear onboard the rebel ship.  They weren't too fussy about where to put it, that could be dealt with on the crossing.  Afyon climbed onboard the rebel ship and brought Kami down below.  He laid her in the Captain's quarters and quickly ran to grab the small medical kit they had.  He also grabbed what linens he could find onboard the ship, mainly some sheets which he cut to make them to the size he wanted.  He brought that down to the Captain's quarters, then made his way back up to help load the equipment back on board.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  619
Total Posts:  948
October 24, 2004 9:22:21 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi knew it was time.

He would have to start his diversion a few minutes before the Wraiths actually struck thier target.  Fortunately if the diversion did it's trick security forces would be spread too thin to protect everything.

Kuroishi aimed the massive machine to account for the wind currents then he loaded the first improvised explosive shell.

Once he launched the first shot he'd have time for maybe four more before they finally traced back to his position from the trajectories.

"Good morning mister senator.  Hope you had a good night with your mistress last night because it will be the last for a while I suspect."  Kuroishi said to himself as he launched the first shell.

Hurriedly readying for the next shot Kuroishi would have to hope that somehow the Wraiths could pull this off without him.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Agent of Wierdness
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1603
October 25, 2004 12:57:03 AM    View the profile of Fury 
With Raziel gone and his group of Imperials relegated to non-commissioned officer barracks, Fury was left with little else but going over datapads of the clone's history on Bestine IV and his gear.  He was busy patching up his bodyglove - another victim of the resupply problem - when the chime announcing a visitor sang out.

"Enter," he called out and pressed the button on the console at the desk he had been sitting next to.  Haden walked in, looked at his attempts to sew his bodyglove tears and weak spots and merely chuckled.  "Oh just stop that.  You might as well be patching a tire on a mining buggy.  Our old bodygloves were fabric.  Yeah they got dirty when you had to get posted on dirtballs like Geonosis or Raxus Prime, but they definitely held up better than the rubberized crap you have there. Seriously, put it down."

Fury complied, at least for the time being, and got up.  "C'mon," motioned Haden, "I have a surprise for you."  Placing his floppy hate on him again, he stepped out into a windy but otherwise pleasant day.  You could almost pretend this planet hadn't been at war for a decade here.

They walked to a communications center that had become wrapped up in camouflage netting and sandbags in the few days since the Imperials had arrived.  Fury studiously avoided commenting on this.  Haden took him to an elaborate holographic sandtable.  The various islands were shown with various shades of red or green covering most of them.  A few were a dull gray - obviously not of importance to either side - and one glowing blue one.  A technician came forward.

"As you can see from this time lapse," he began a slow cycling feed, "this is the progress made by the New Republic over the past three years." Red encroached - slowly - over the map, ending at the five islands Fury and the Vast Empire had taken.  Only three large islands and various underwater complexes had been marked solid green with various others in flux between the two forces.  "And now since your forces' arrival."  The red was quickly obliterated from it's advance, pushed back past the three year gains and in one spot of the enemy's capital, a bright green glow that Fury knew to be the Raiders.

"In the span of over a month you have not just reversed a trend, you have knocked the enemy back on it's heels with little more than a brigade of regulars and a few stormtrooper squads.  While very, very commendable, it does little to affect the conflict with no resupply in sight."  The technician pointed to the map again, now static, and highlighted three areas.  "In section one, the enemy has the high ground with your regulars pinned down in a city.  Section two shows a plain in which the first side to get a breakthrough will win the field.  Section three shows an increasingly dire situation for your force in the capital.  Your gains will likely be reversed in a few months time.  What, General, are you planning to do about this?"

Fury looked up from the table and at the technician and Haden.  It was time to put the cards on the table.  "We recently had a force land on the planet.  To you it looked like a crash landing.  Instead. it was a limited supply run to test the mined corridor.  It was also a drop of Dark Jedi.  You think our stormtroopers can cut through defenses?  Wait until entire platoons fall to their lightsabers at a stroke." The two looked a tad skeptical. 

"I had two Dark Jedi with me on my last raid.  We did the work of an entire company with just those two in the lead.  They massacred an entire brigade before a shot even got off. Yeah, they aren't the Jedi you once fought with.  Then again, they don't have the same restrictions those Force users did either.  I think it balances things out.

"Beyond that, we will eventually clear the skies. At least enough to bring our navy in if nothing else.  This planet is in our path and we will capture it.  How intact it will be at that point is up for grabs.  I'd love to tell you how much we'll respect the lives on those on the ground in that effect, but you know how far that argument actually goes." With that he threw up his hands and went back to studying the sand table for any strategic tricks he had not yet come up with.

Haden looked at his technician, who gave him an "I told you so" look.  The old trooper merely sighed.  "We still have to vote on this, but I imagine you are going to get your wish, as much as I want to not join this fight."  He passed over a datacard. "We've got some conditions in there we'd like your side to agree to.  You'll first want to look over the tactical analysis though. We've got old gear, go figure, but enough of it.  Take a gander and make some plans.  When this is official we'll go over it together.

"For now, let's go grab some dinner and talk of better things than war." Fury took the datacard for later analysis and research and went to go eat with a man he was learning to call friend.

[OOC]  Just wanted to get this in for you guys to look at.  With the influx of the clone soldiers I wanted you to take a first look at their gear.  A lot of it is similar to what you saw in Attack of the Clones with very few additions.  DC-15 rifles, LAAT/i transport/bombers, a few AT-TEs at best.  The rest I provide with stats courtesy of my pals at RPG Gamer.

Specialized Unit
Sky Trooper

Vehicles
AT-XT
Sea Speeder
Dunespeeder
TX-130S Fighter Tank

Air vessels
ARC-170 fighters
NB-1 Bombers - probably not too many of these
Troopships

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited October 25, 2004 12:59:52 AM)]
Cyanus
ComNet Member

Cyanus

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  561
Total Posts:  688
October 26, 2004 6:30:04 PM    View the profile of Cyanus 
OOC:    Operation Grocery Run

The Raiders had finally regrouped at their base. Most if not all the troopers were in top condition and sat on a pile of empty boxes in front of their platoon commander. Squall alone stood beside Rizzit.
    The captain surveyed his Raiders and eyed the new arrival, Squall. "Great, mission accomplished." He cheerfully said, then paused for a half second. "If you guys are still in tiptop shape, we should go on another mission. What do we have left?"
    Knight took a quick inventory check and shook his head. "We have only one detonation pack left, and about a dozen grenades. We still have those speeders in our makeshift garage. Ammo shouldn't be a problem, though I highly recommend that we take ammo packs from our enemies just in case." He tapped his standard-issue portable generator, with all of its power pack slots filled with recharging cells. "We're also low on food because somebody just had to pig out while swilling beer." He glared at Snipes. "Anyways, I think we have around...five day's worth of rations left." Thanks a lot, Snipes, he muttered under his breath.
    Snipes tried his absolute best to look innocent, but looked at his belly guiltily. Rizzit held up a hand.
    "In that case, we're going food shopping...Raiders style. Snipes, you can be the lead." The platoon commander grinned evilly. "In other news, Squall's joined our ranks. Give him a nice, warm welcome." All the Raiders nodded silently, then returned to their duties.
    Rizzit cocked his head to the side. "Eh, don't take it too hard. They're low on food, so they'll be like that. They love to eat and drink. Especially Snipes."
    "I heard that," a muffled voice came from behind the broken kitchen door.
    JR pulled Squall to the side. "I really suggest you get settled down real fast. Any rations you add to our pooled food supply."
    "Yes, sir!" Squall saluted.
    JR smacked him lightly atop the head. "Don't do that," he said sternly.
    Newbies.

"Rizzit! Message incoming, it's from Fury," Flyingknight announced looking at his comm set.
    Sure enough, the face of the Prefect was there. There was some other person standing next to him who looked very familiar in some record or another, but Rizzit paid it no mind. He saluted at once.
    "Mission accomplished. What do you have for us?"
    "Rizz, we're going to need your Raiders to take out as many anti-air storehouses as possible. I highly doubt that they'll be deployed and ready since it's been eight years from the city's last attack. You'll be going all over the damned city so we'll be sending a couple of clonetrooper squads in by troopships. Watch for them near the outskirts about three klicks south of your position."
    "Clonetroopers?"
    "Don't ask. Just do it, Cap'n."

Lukas remained in the bedroom, stripping and cleaning his treasured rifle. His Wraith days may be over, but his learned experience would definitely come in handy, especially on this rock. He lifted his service pistol as a knock on the door announced the arrival of Knight. He glared at the senior sergeant. "What do you want?"
    Knight turned around and stopped. He turned his head to one side, "We're pulling out."
    "Now?" he asked surprisingly.
    "Fury's orders."
    Damn! At this, the ex-Wraith's blood went cold and he hastily packed up his gear for yet another adventure.

The clones boarded their ships professionally, though it had been nearly a decade since they donned their battle armor and wielded their Clone Wars-era weapons. There were two squads of eight men in all, and one additional stormtrooper by the name of War Rocket Ajacks. Ajacks had landed with Fury's group and therefore saw a bit of action. He was still a tad bit shell shocked upon seeing his comrades ripped to pieces. Now he was boarding an antique troopship filled with sixteen of his armed predecessors. None of the clones spoke to him while the ground whizzed by far below. What a life, he thought. This was going to be interesting...

Damn it. Rizzit gritted his teeth. "Okay, we have a new job to do. The clones will be arriving in about forty-five minutes, if they can survive the mines. That means we have forty-five minutes to do a food and supply run and meet our reinforcements. I found just the place." He clicked a button on the tiny datapad map in front of him and a marker that resembled a sandwich appeared near their location.
    "A soup kitchen? What the hell?" burst out Snipes, who'd been spoiled by better foods.
    "Oh it gets worse, trust me on that. I found us a stash of old clothes from our neighbors next door. Nice folk, but I had to set a gun to their faces before they complied. Anyways," his eyes glittered with glee at Snipes. "We all dress up as homeless folk and then hold up the place. Lukas, you and JR hold off the cops while the rest of us slip through the alleyways and into the speeders with the loot. Since you just love this kind of stuff anyways, Snipes, I left you a granny's outfit." The Raiders laughed at Snipes' misfortune. Rizzit held up his hand. "Not finished yet. After we grab our supplies, we break into the police armory northeast of the kitchen. Grab any explosives you find. Then we go out and meet the clones...here."
    The flashing Imperial signal showed the clones' landing spot. "We now have forty minutes. Let's move!"

-----------------------

ASL/GSG Cyanus Cyanus/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[BoA] [ES1][BC]
CM/DJK Cyanus/Krath/Lion 1-6/VEDJ/VE
Dark Knight of the Krath
"...I think I'll kill you later." - Cyanus
Assistant Squad Leader: - Raider Squad
-
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited October 26, 2004 8:59:30 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Expert

Sniping101

Post Number:  1874
October 26, 2004 9:07:28 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Rizzit had been true to his word and now Snipes found himself shuffling along in a line of drunks, wearing a gray granny dress and a dirty white bonnet, he kept shuffling on, soup bowl in hands. 'I cant believe this shit"Snipes inner monologue was far from happy ' we're robbing a soup kitchen for the Emperor's sake' Snipes managed to quiet the annoying voice and return to acting like a fidgeting old lady, something very hard for a man of 6 foot three. Snipes turned his head to make sure all the RAIDERS where in, the n00b stood out real well, he was wearing tattered brown pants, with multiple holes in the butt, while his shirt could barely be called such a thing, Snipes whipped his head around to the guy serving the soup, he was an tall skinny man with a stern face, Snipes fidgeted his way over to the man.

"NAME!?" He yelled sternly, Snipes remained quiet "WHATS YOUR NAME" Snipes just fidgeted and pushed his bowl towards the man. "FINE! NO SOUP FOR YOU!"  Snipes repeated the motion "DAMN IT! I SAID NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Snipes Snapped. He dropped the bowl and reached inside the dress quickly pulling out his favored shot gun and hopping onto the counter, giving everyone in the room a glimpse of legs that hadn't seen sun in years. Snipes spun the gun around the room as he watched the other RAIDERS do the same thing.

"ALRIGHT BASTARD!" Snipes yelled in the soup man's face "GIVE ME ALL THE SOUP YOU GOT!"

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazySQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 26, 2004 9:13:39 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1605
October 27, 2004 12:16:05 AM    View the profile of Fury 
The first sounds of the morning were of the transports and fighters taking off.  Many of the transports were laden with anti-aircraft units to be forward deployed once the news got out that limited air operations were possible on Bestine IV again.  These flew low and slow to keep the few air patterns available open to the engines of war. 

A wing of seven old Naboo bombers flanked by ARC-170s headed off to hunt for what combined intelligence said were the hangars of the remaining New Republic air forces.  This was imperative to the operation as a few X-Wings would be more than most of the clone air force could handle.  The Imperials were leading similar attacks with their remaining quintet of TIE/gt bombers. 

Fury was aboard a troopship with a company strong force of jumptroopers riding in other craft.  He had donned their older armor kit so as not to be too conspicuous in red modern armor.  Even after years tending fields or pulling fishing nets, the clone soldiers were much more adept with their winged jump packs than the stormtrooper general. On the ground however, he'd be at least their equal.  Or so he hoped. 

The objective was the open plains of the planet's largest island in which both sides had fought to a stalemate.  A command and control zone had been designated as a chokepoint that, once eliminated, would open up the field to an Imperial advance.  That was the plan anyway.

He headed forward to check with the co-pilot on the progress of the mission.  The cramped flight deck held a very old model holographic battle analysis computer.  What it now showed were the four escorting LAAT/i fighters emerging over the enemy lines, with two fighters peeling off to either side of the lines, visiting death upon anyone standing in the open.  The co-pilot turned to him, "That's your cue General."  Fury nodded and went back to prepare for drop as the four holographic fighters reminded the New Republic how terrible and swift an aerial assault could be.

The troopship followed the lead of those before it.  Both gunners were hammering at concentrations of enemy soldiers with a vengeance.  Long in the tooth these soldiers might be, but they came out of the vat lethal and the flash training had stuck clean.  Not a wasted motion amongst any of them.  The other clones donned their helmets and checked each other's gear.  Fury felt odd man out even with the helmet on.  They had spent years adapting to each other's nuisances; none of which were all that different from their own.  He had a couple days since the town council voted to join the Imperial attack.

The troopship jump lights turned green and the the ship stuttered as it slowed and targetted a cluster of tents with concussion missiles.  The troopers took this as a cue to jump. 

Leaping from the craft took nothing more than a lack of respect for gravity.  Kicking in the jump jets and spreading the wings was an altogether new experience.  Some of the troopers stayed in the air and began a slow glide that allowed them to snipe targets from relative safety.  Fury, grateful for firm ground, followed the rest to the surface.

Jump trooper ops in the Old Republic army allowed for short hops with intermittent gunfights in between.  It was much different than using the jets as solely a means of propulsion as Imperial doctrine dictated.  Fury had taken a crash course in the old/new doctrine literally overnight.  Following his assigned squad's motions he leapt from zone to zone, slowing down and stutter stepping five steps along the surface, shooting any available targets, then jumping back up to a predefined cadence of moves (left, forward, right, right, forward, spin and shoot any survivors, spin, left...and so on).  After three passes they jumped into the air and let the former overhead snipers join in the game. 

This continued for another fifteen minutes and over a five kilometer stretch of land.  The fall-back signal blinked in the left corner of his helmet and he proceeded to cover those jumping back to the original Imperial lines.  As he leapt backwards to the rally point, he saw the destruction wrought by a company of highly trained, highly mobile, highly dangerous men.  With very little in heavy weaponry they had eliminated a light armored brigade and left a hole in the lines that he now saw Imperials scrambling through to take new ground.  The high spirited ground troops cheered and waved as they looted the dead on their way to pursue the broken survivors of the attack.

Eventually he landed, watching in awe as the company quickly formed up and began looking over each other's gear.  He was surprised to find scoring across his armor.  He'd instinctively known he'd been hit as his flight pattern had been thrown off a few times, but only glancing shots due to his speed and the angle of the shots.  Now he realized that a few had been dozens, and that he had not been alone.

However, the armor had held.  Two stragglers had been brought back, their jet packs damaged and the troopers requiring others to carry them back.  Eighteen troopers did not return at all and Imperial regulars were already returning their fallen bodies from further ahead.  One troopship had taken a direct hit with nearly half it's complement immolated in the sky.  Aside from those losses, and a few wounded, the rout was complete.  The enemy was on the run back to pre-built positions thirty kilometers to the south. 

The clones took the cheers aimed at them stoically.  They kept their helmets on, except to fall back to the makeshift airbase to regroup, repair, and replenish their power packs and their bodies.

Fury left them to their solace and mourning.  The imperials fighting here were not his and the clones required their space.  He took the time to sit on a rock, work some kinks out of his aching arms and legs, and smoke a cigarra.

His plan had worked. The clones were aboard and making a huge difference.  Hopefully their losses would be small.  Their distinctiveness had set them apart in a universe that was often cruel to differences, and yet their willingness to help should not come at too high a cost to them after all they had been forced to live through.

-----------------------
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  378
October 28, 2004 9:07:07 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami...

The voice swirled slowly out of the darkness, its edges tainted with a throbbing power.
Kami stretched her wraithlike fingers out curiously, brushing at the edges of the mysterious presence.

Who are you...?

The presence faded, blurring into the shadows, then flared back to life, a glowing sheen of white life.

Kami...

Fighting the burning sense of desire blazng up within her, Kami sought out the voice, following its trail of malevolence in a twisting pathway throughout her mind.

Laughter echoed within the confines of her head.

I...see...you...

"Kami!"

A breath tore into Kami's ravaged lungs, her dormant pain screaming up to greet her as she grasped at consciousness. Groaning, she attempted to rise, only to find restraints binding her securely in place.
She lashed out, recoiling against the straps.

"Kami! Chill!"

She stilled at the sound of Zafo's voice, blinking against the suddenly harsh light that assaulted her vision.
"Zaf?"
A relieved face came into focus, hovering just a few centimeters away.

"Hey you." Kami whispered, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "How goes the war?"
Zafo grinned, running a hand through his shaggy hair "Not half as much fun without you around."
His voice lost some of its light-hearted edge, "You had me worried there for a sec Kam, we had to tie you down to stop you shaking."
"Lucky she's got such a great doctor."
Afyon walked up to the side of Kami's sleeping pallet, weariness visible in his eyes, "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Kami's smile widened, tugging painfully at her battered face, You're the miracle healer?"
Afyon shook his head, his eyes twinkling, "God knows how I got you stable. But yeah, I'm your man."

Kami forced herself to relax, wincing as she took in her surroundings, "Where are we?"
Zafo looked up from where he was undoing her restraints, "Our friend the Captain's cabin."
"We're headed to the main base," Afyon broke in, "We can get you proper medical treatment there, and have you back on your feet in no time."

Kami nodded, and allowed her head to fall back to the mattress.
"Wake me when we get there?"
Afyon chuckled "Count on it."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited October 28, 2004 9:16:52 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  779
October 28, 2004 7:51:43 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
The two men left the cabin and headed back up top.  Afyon looked over the edge to ensure the smaller imperial boats were still tied securely to the larger rebel one.  After he was sure they would not pull away, Afyon entered the navigation cabin up front.

"How's it going up here?"  Afyon inquired as he poked his head inside.  Rema was manning the wheel while Tk was examining the charts, trying to figure out a course to avoid as many rebel outposts as possible.  With them dragging three other boats, the rebel ship was going considerably slower than its top speed making it a sitting duck for attack.  Zafo took up an observation post on one side of the ship while Sam was scanning the rear.  Both the forward and backward gun were repaired and functional but the power generators for them were damaged and not fully generating power meaning they had to avoid using it unless it was absolutely urgent.  The squad had missile launchers and small arms should they have to fight off a bordering party

"This thing handles like a pig, we get into combat and we won't be able to manuver well."  Rema replied slightly frustrated.

"Well if necessary we can cut lose the other boats, but thats as a last resort."  Afyon replied.  he closed the door and made his way back downstairs.  He went back to the captain's cabin to check on Kami.  She was asleep again, her upper body wrapped in the cut pieces of linen Afyon had gathered.  Afyon and Zafo and managed to cut the straps of the chestplate and pull it free as well as cut off the black garment that went on underneath it.  The linen had been wrapped on tightly to prevent her ribs from shifting in rough seas, there was a serious danger of one of the damaged ribs puncturing her lungs.  Afyon placed a cold bottle of water near her side and went back up to keep watch.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

Post Number:  752
Total Posts:  851
October 28, 2004 8:39:35 PM    View the profile of Virius 
    After Snipes yelled the order to give all of the soup to him the whole squad took out there weapons and pointed them around the room. FlyingKnight checked the room with his weapon then walked out to the speeder to pull up to the rear of the soup kitchen to load up the food supplies.
    Flooring the speeder into reverse Knight slowed and stopped as the speeder neared the loading platform. Popping the trunk open he walked out to the back of the loading area and opened the door to the soup kitchen. Seeing a repulsor loader the sergeant got in and started it up hearing the hum of the repulsors. Hitting the throttle the repulsor moved over toward the serving room with the rest of the squad waiting with food supplies to load up. Jumping out Knight grabbed a box of new republic supplied MREs and threw them onto the loader.
    Seeing that the loader is full he jumped back in and maneuvered it back over to the speeder and dump all the supplies into the trunk. Seeing no use for the loader anymore Knight tapped into the vehicle with his computer and made it so that it would run rampant in the streets.
That will keep some of the police off us for a little bit.
    Rizzit and JR jumped into Knights speeder speeder and he closed the door. Snipes Lukas and Squall jumped in the other speeder and took off for the armory. Hitting the throttle Knight, Rizzit and JR were going to meet up with the rest of the squad at the armory after dropping off the food.
    The speeder sped away towards the Raider's base of operations.

** A few minutes later **

Speeding up to the run down building the speeder slowed and stopped next to a back door of the building as the three Raiders jumped out.
    "Okay you two get the supplies loaded in while I head up to the comm. room and have a chat with Snipes to see how they are doing and what their situation is." Rizzit said pulling off his hobo uniform revealing a shadow suit underneath. JR and FlyingKnight picked up a box each and followed Rizzit inside to put away the valuable food.
    After loading up all the supplies Knight closed the trunk of the speeder and hopped in starting it up. JR and Rizzit came out of the Raiders base and looked around checking for snooping eyes then hopped in. JR and Knight had also removed their disguises and were ready for battle.

** Another few minutes later in front of the city's police and army armory **

Seeing a few bodies lying around Rizzit and JR hopped out of the speeder after Knight pulled it into a side alley next tot the police station's armory. Pulling out his E-11/H Knight ran to the edge of the alley and peered around the corner. Knight looked back towards Rizzit as he signaled for them to move into the building. With each trooper covering each other the trio moved into the building and secured the first room. The room was covered in blood as some dolt had jumped on a grenade and got blow apart by the following explosion.
    "Wow I have seen that before." Knight said referring to his first mission where he got sick after seeing a similar site.
    "Okay we know they were here, lets get moving." Rizzit said checking the door near the rear of the lobby. The door grinded open as Rizzit pushed a button near the side of the doorframe. Checking the inside of the room the trio cleared it and moved onto the next one only finding dead body after dead body.
    "I guess these guys have been to work." JR said smiling.
    "Yeah," Knight said chuckling a little bit.
    "Quiet," Rizzit whispered as he held up a fist quieting the other two down. There was the sound of blaster fire as an explosion rocked the facility. "Guess they need our help." Rizzit said smiling and moving towards a door where the sounds were coming from.
    Rizzit, signaling for Knight to come and use his fiber optic camera, cracked the door open as the small camera poked through. The scene beyond was Snipes strapping duck tape on Squall as Lukas provided cover fire at about 8 or 9 police officers with heavy armor and blasters.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Virius A.K.A. FlyingKnight
Combat Slicer

TRP-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Virius/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/UNI Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"To start press the any key, *Pause* where is the any key?"--Anonymous
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  121
Total Posts:  199
October 29, 2004 9:33:57 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Being a distance of about one kilometer away, the Wraiths were ready.  Argon sent two clicks on his com indicating for Kuroishi to begin his distraction.

Anubis still wasn't sure what was the distraction, but hoped it to be a good one.  The Wraiths began waiting, and then saw a spark in activity from the New Republic troops.

Using his macrobinoculars, Anubis could see troops assembling into speeders and heading off to somewhere in the NorthEast.  Anubis took this as a cue to get ready, and double-checked all his gear.

After a few more minutes, Argon signalled for the group to begin heading towards a building several meters from the complex.  They now found themselves at a bridge looking down upon the complex.  Their next task would have to be done perfectly...one false move and they could be caught.

Anubis had only worked with a grappling hook a few times, and was a bit uneasy about it.  Argon and Fish launched theirs, then swung down to the complex roof.  Anubis looked, aimed, then launched the grapple.  Securing it to the bridge, Anubis then prepared to slide down.

The slide down went relatively well, till the end.  Anubis didn't stop himself enough, and hit the roof a little too hard.  "Ahh...Ugh!"  Was all that could be heard.

Anubis spent sometime reorganizing himself, and with the help of Fish, was able to get back up.  The group now split off to place charges at strategic weak points in the building. 

Anubis' first target was the hangar.  There he would likely meet only pilots, hopefully. Making his way to a ceiling window, Anubis set a light explosive on it.  Moving a few meters away, he set it off.  Anubis secured his grapple, then repelled down into the hangar, using his blaster carbine to take out a few pilots.

It seemed relatively empty, then Anubis remembered hearing fighters right after the troops began assembling. Whatever Kuroishi did, it must have been big for fighters to be sent. Anubis told himself.

Taking out his first pack of explosives, he set them up at several large pillars.  They were set on a timer, and were secured well enough that only the most-trained demolitionist could disable it.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited October 29, 2004 9:36:41 PM)]
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  386
November 2, 2004 5:23:26 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
TK let out a loud groan, spinning the map about in front of him in a futile attempt to find a path that didn't cross Rebel waters.
"Some are better than others Sarge" He announced as Afyon appeared at the top of the stairs, "But all our hard work hasn't left the waters totally Rebel free."
Rema let out a snort from where he stood at the driver's helm,
"No, but it's left them a hell of a lot less infested than they used to be."

Afyon strode over to TK's shoulder, looking over the routes the Dragoon had marked out with a critical gaze.
"There."

He pointed to a path crossing a series of islands bearing two small outposts and a sentry camp, "That's our best bet. Least resistance. Quickest way to base camp."
TK groaned again, "Fine... but when our tail's getting pounded by a bunch of angry Rebels with rocket launchers, don't blame me."
"As if you're not used to it by now!" Zafo shouted from the side of the ship, his trademark grin on his face.
Sam laughed from the back of the ship, "He's got a point."

Afyon's shoulders rose up in a shrug, "Look at it this way TK. The longer we fool around out here... the greater the chances that Kami doesn't make it out of this one."

The Dragoons quieted immediately, drifting into a somber silence.

After a few seconds, TK cleared his throat and threw his map at his feet, "Well...what are we waiting for then?"
Afyon nodded, gave the Senior Sergeant a small smile, then walked over to slap Rema on the shoulder, "Full speed Remmy?"
Rema nodded, his eyes drifting to the stairs leading below deck.
"Yessir."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 2, 2004 5:25:40 AM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet n00b

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  794
November 3, 2004 6:07:02 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Rema gave the ship full power. The boat shot in the direction of the small islands, with a huge wake tailing behind.

Sam went down to visit Kami, since he had yet to do so. He stepped in to the room quietly so not to wake Kami if she was sleeping. He walked up to Kami's bed. He leaned over to find the battered and bruised face of Kami and her eyes staring up at him.

"Hey, how's it going?" Sam asked smiling. Kami managed a smile.
    "Just thought I'd drop by and see you," Sam said, "Well, you've done your job well in making me look like a pansy."
    "I'm just messing with you. We are heading towards base camp in the fastest known route, and it may get a bit rough," Sam said smiling again.
    Just as he finished his sentence, there was a loud explosion that rattled the ship.
    "Well, I better get back up there to see what I can do," Sam said, "Don't get took sea sick down here."
    Sam rushed up the stairs to the main deck. On his way up he ran into Art.
    "Sorry Art, what can I do?" Sam asked his commander.
    "Go man one of the guns and fend off those blasted Rebels. I'm heading down to check on Kami and make sure she's not getting tossed around," Art replied while rushing down the stairs.
    Sam rushed up and manned one of the rear guns. Another rocket hit dangerously close to the ship. Sam opened with a hail of gun fire on the closest Rebel ship. He could see a Rebel fall into the water.
    "One done, who knows how many to go..." Sam thought to himself.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sandwich Sam
Dark Dragoons
Vast Empire Army
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  387
November 3, 2004 6:39:31 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
TK watched the last of the small patrol boat sink underwater, tearing his eyes away as three corpses floated slowly to the surface.
"All clear" He shouted, "Lets keep it moving."
Zafo waved the all clear from the other side of the boat where he was watching the smoking flames of other patrol craft, "Fine on this side as well. I don't think these guys will be resurrecting anytime soon..."
Rema sped the boat up, glancing around as Afyon came back from below deck. "How's she doing Sarge?"
Afyon sighed, "She's still fighting, if that's what you mean."
He glanced around, "Gone already?"
Rema grinned, "They were just patrol boats sir."

The Dragoons crossed the second of two islands without incident, before roaring on to cross about the borders of the last island bearing the sentry post.

TK quenched the feeling of trepidation rising in his throat.
"Its too quiet..." He murmured, his eyes scanning the dense foliage of the island for the slightest sign of life. "When we first scouted out this area, there were patrol boats, sentry guards..."
Afyon raised a hand suddenly to silence him, "Quiet."
TK swallowed his next words, and turned his full attention back to the forests.

The boat swayed gently as Rema maneuvered it about the shallow reefs surrounding the island, the soft whir of its engine echoing off the cliffy outcrops jutting out of the water to either side.
TK's hands clenched into fists, his right arm lowering until it hovered next to his rifle.
Sneaky bastards...

The boat straightened out, its engine roaring up another notch, then began to pull out the other side of the island, rounding about the corner which would lead the Dragoons into open sea...

TK's rifle was already as his shoulder when three Rebel assault boats came screaming out of a series of caves to the left of the Dragoon's position.

"Get to the guns!!!" Afyon screamed, throwing himself to the floor as blaster fire scorched along the deck. "Rema!!!"
TK rolled, came back to his feet, then promptly fell over again as Rema yanked on the helm, sending the boat into a spin.
Skidding across the floor of the boat, TK hit the railing just as Rema span the boat again, narrowly avoiding the missile which streaked across its bow.
Sliding back in the other direction at a million miles an hour, TK managed to latch onto a jutted up part of the deck before he hit the opposite railing, nearly pulling his arm out of his socket as he did so.

"Goddamit!" Zafo shouted as he flew past TK, smashing against the railing in an jumbled heap.

A loud 'woop' sounded from the back of the ship.
Glancing behind him, TK saw Sam, who had somehow made it to the rear gun, start to slow the incoming fire as he let rip back in the Rebel's direction.

Coming to his knees, TK brought his rifle up, then flew backwards as the boat leapt underneath him, soaring a few feet into the air.
He rolled, then felt himself go skyward as the boat smashed back down into the water.
He hit hard, landing atop a disgruntled Zafo.
"Goddamit!" The Corporal yelled, his voice muffled

"Reef!" Rema yelled, a few minutes too late, grinning in the duo's direction despite the circumstances.
Swearing under his breath, TK finally managed to get his feet under him, before he turned to sprint in the direction of the forward gun...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 3, 2004 6:50:38 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2010
November 3, 2004 9:06:04 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
    Snipes tossed the roll of duct tape back into his bag and popped over his cover throwing his last shells of buckshot at the few down the hall from him. Swinging himself back behind the cover he tugged his pouch open and loaded six more shells into it, slugs this time. shoving the last shell in he cocked the weapon, and again he swung out and threw three more shells out , swinging back just in time to catch a bolt in the right shoulder, the pain and shock sending him careening back against the wall, he looked over at his busted shoulder and sighed, having no idea how many times this had happened, he took a few seconds to scream to lukas the propper way to apply duct tape on a shoulder wound, and then he was back up again throwing a shot at the enemy, as he ducked back into his cover, the wieght felt odd in his left hand, as it always had, and as it always would; for no matter how hard Snipes tried he just couldn't get used to getting shot. He chanced a glance at the door, wondering about a strateagic retreat, when the door slid open, and three of the most beautiful figures apeared, it was JR,FK and good 'ole Rizzit, as the three came running down the hall, Snipes swung himself up again from behind the tipped over vending machine he was using for cover and gave the others some covering fire, along with Lukas' help the others managed to get behind the cover safely; all Snipes had to do was hold out his hand and there was a grenade in it, having run out of his own. pulling the pinn and tossing the grenade he gave the rebels a few extra slugs just to make sure they got what they paid for. the explosion sounded and this time rizzit swung himself up, letting of a quick bust of three shots Snipes heard the body fall, then he heard the return fire as Rizzit swung himself back behind cover in a motion that had obviously seen alot of practice, ruined only by the spot of blood under Rizzits foot that caused him to fall back onto both Snipes shoulder and squalls leg, sending ear curdling screams from both of them, after the next few minutes wich involved many yells, slaps and blaster bolts all the rebels where dead and Snipes was feeling realy mean.

However Snipes put it behind them and a jog down the corridor brought them to the armory proper, JR grabbed duffles and tossed them around, Snipes loaded his up with explosives, shotgun ammo,a small amount of wich he was lucky enough to come across, then he tossed in grenades and few other peices and parts that only a combat engineer or a realy smart two year old could possibly imagine a use for. Snipes zipped that up and with a little help got it over his shoulder, wich reminded him to check on Squall. From what Snipes could see nothing was broken, wich was good, he should be fine.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit{Retired}
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazySQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  214
November 3, 2004 9:16:53 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo was thrown across the deck, yet again as the boat jerked left to avoid more incoming fire. He groaned and let out another line of cussing as he stumbled to his feet. Zafo saw Rema winding up for another sharp turn, so he threw himself around the nearest crate. Zafo's efforts to remain upright were unsuccessful. Both he and the crate were thrown to the ground. The crate broke open on the ground, scattering its contents all over the deck. Zafo's eyes lit up when he saw the missile launcher and a bunch of rockets pour out in front of him.

Crouching down to the ground, so he wouldn't have to fall again, Zafo crawled over to the deadly weapon. Zafo gathered all rockets within his reach. He loaded all the ones he could into the launcher and piled the remaining ones at his foot.

"Firing Rockets!" Zafo shouted so the whole crew could hear. Zafo threw himself to his feet and ran to the rear of the boat and stood beside Sam.

"You know what to do" Zafo said, trying to sound like some kind of superhero.

Sam simply laughed as he continued to fire waves of energy at the oncoming rebels. Zafo had gotten pretty accustomed to these missile launchers, so It was seconds after he brought the launcher to his shoulder that missiles were flying towards the rebel ships. After three direct consecutive missile hits to a ship, the entire ship split into two parts the sunk to the bottom of the sea.

Afyon sprung up on the other side of Sam and began picking off the rebels who had gotten on to pieces of debris and were desperately trying to stop the Dragoons. Right before Zafo was about to unleash a rocket at the second ship, he noticed a rebel crouched on one knee taking aim. Seconds later, a flash erupted from the cylindrical shape he was holding over his shoulder.

"Incoming Missile!! Make a strong right turn!!" Zafo hollered, praying Rema would hear him. A split second later, the boat jerked right throwing Zafo off balance. In a desperate attempt to stop himself from flying over the railing, Zafo lost grip of the missile launcher. He watched in dismay as the launcher faded from view in the depths of the ocean... 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited November 3, 2004 9:20:54 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet n00b

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  17
Total Posts:  794
November 4, 2004 3:40:39 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    Sam looked over to see Zafo getting back up off of the deck. Sam continued to blaze the pursuing Rebel ships with gun fire. Sam looked over at Zafo again and noticed that the rocket launcher was gone.
    "The rocket launcher fell over board," Zafo said.
    "Don't worry I'll hold them off as long as I can," Sam said, "Go check and see if we have another."
    Afyon continued to take out Rebels that had made it to pieces of debris and were a threat. Sam made a quick change in where he was shooting. He fired shots at a near by island. There was a small explosion on the shore. A Rebel that was about to fire a rocket had been hit by Sam's shot and fell just a few seconds before the rocket had left the tube.
    "Hahaha, not exactly what I was wanting but it works," Sam laughed as he tried to aim accurately at their pursuers.
    Zafo rummaged around the Dragoons munitions and found another rocket launcher. He headed back to the rear of the ship.
    "Found one!" Zafo exclaimed as he readied a rocket.
    "Good, I'm going to go a check on Kami again," Afyon said, "I think you can handle them Sam."
    Afyon rushed off to Kami's room.
    "Let's hurry and get this over with Zafo," Sam said.
    Zafo launched multiple rockets into a rebel boat. The explosion from the boat set debris in all directions. Sam began to pick off any rebels he saw in the water. Zafo readied more rockets to finish off the last Rebel boat.

-----------------------
TRP/COR Sandwich Sam
Dark Dragoons
Vast Empire Army
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  388
November 4, 2004 7:17:35 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
The boat leapt again, jolting Kami and sending another burst of fiery agony streaking into her chest.
Biting her lip to keep from crying out, Kami curled into a tighter ball, and tried to steady her shaking hands by tightening her grip around the bunker head.
Her vision swam threateningly as the boat leapt again, suddenly skewing side wards.
Swearing softly through her pain, Kami stretched out her left hand, reaching for her rifle.

Another hand intercepted hers half way.

Afyon crouched down next to her bed, "You can barely breathe Kam, let alone take on the Rebels."
Another wave of pain coursed through her, causing her to gasp aloud. Forcing her lips into a smile, Kami tried the ease her pain from her face.
"Go...fight..." She managed to whisper through clenched teeth, "I'm...fine..."
Afyon shook his head as the ship swayed violently beneath his feet, "I'm staying right here... to make sure you don't do anything crazy."
Kami laughed, tasting blood.
"What makes... you think I will?"
Afyon shrugged his shoulders in response
"Cause you're you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TK passed another rocket to Zafo, who sat perched precariously on the edge of the railing.
"Don't fall!" He yelled over the roar of blaster fire, "I'm not diving in after you!"
Zafo laughed, loaded his rocket launcher, aimed and fired. The projectile shot free... streaking straight into the view port of the last boat.

The Rebel captain had time to open his mouth in a wordless scream, before the missile hit home, shattering the center on the boat and sending it flying skywards in a plume of flame.

Sam wooped loudly, clapping Zafo on the back, "Nice shootin"
Zafo grinned, patting his smoking launcher.

"You guys finished yet?"
Rema slowed the boat down a notch, glancing over his shoulder.
The trio nodded, then simultaneously began to drill their second in command.
"You call that driving..."
"You almost threw me overboard..."
"Damm, TK nearly broke my arm..."

"Heeeeeeyyyy" Rema held up both hands, "We're still floating aren't we?"

All three Dragoons grimaced at Rema.
TK slung his rifle back over his shoulder, then walked over to stand at the Sergeant's shoulder.
"We nearly there boss?"
Rema nodded, pointing at the horizon
"Five, ten more minutes and we'll be there."

Looking back, TK took in the columns of smoke drifting slowly into the air, "That's one hell of signal..."

It was Rema's turn to grimace, "I know."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 5, 2004 7:03:03 AM)]
JR
ComNet Member

JR

Post Number:  307
Total Posts:  471
November 6, 2004 8:15:11 PM    View the profile of JR 
    After packing all of the explosives, ammo and weapons that they would need, the six RAIDERS shouldered the duffles and started towards the door, only to be met with blaster fire when they opened it.

"Stupid rebels," Snipes said with a laugh as he pulled out a few grenades, "Can they not see what room we're in?"

"We've probably already takin out all of the experienced ones," JR replied pulling out one of his newly accquired heavy blaster rifles.  "My bet's that these guys are the newbs amd probably the only resistance left."

"Well then," Knight added, "What are we waiting for?"  With that he opened the door allowing Snipes to throw the grenades out.  The RAIDERS all hit the ground and found cover as the grenades explode sending body parts flying everywhere.  They then burst out the door firing, taking care of any rebels that remained.

After it was over, JR crouched down and examined the uniforms of the rebels.  "Looks like my guess was right," he said, "None of these troopers are higher ranked than Corporal." 

They headed towards the front exit, when they noticed a door leading to the alleyway beside the building.  Going through the door, JR went towards the street to scout out the area and see if there was any danger nearby.  As he approached the street he laughed as he watched the runaway speeder zoom past him, however he stopped when he realized that there wasn't any police cars chasing after it.  Huh JR thought There's actually no one left on this island. He went back to the others and reported what he had seen as they got into the speeders and headed back to the base.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SSGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"Before you judge someone you should walk a mile in their shoes cuz then ur a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:20:51 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 280  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >