Trooper512
ComNet Novice

Trooper512

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  33
  RE: Drill Squad
July 27, 2005 4:41:30 PM    View the profile of Trooper512 
I already emailed him cosmic he just never responded, at least i think i emailed him...

-----------------------
no squad
Jinx
ComNet n00b

Jinx

Post Number:  7
Total Posts:  173
July 27, 2005 10:40:34 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
Name:  Jinx
Race:  Zabrak
Home Planet:  Iridonia
Language:  Zabraki and Basic
Height:  5'7"
Weight:  155lbs
Physical Build:  Slightly muscular
Markings:  Facial tattoos
Hair:  None, small boney horns protruding from top of head
Eyes:  Blue

Talents/Skills: 
Strong willed
Skilled with rifle and pistol

Personal History

Time seemed to fly by to Jinx.  He had been out of school for a couple of years now, and doing several odd jobs to put money into his pockets.  He helped his father around the house when needed but other than that he thought he would have the rest of his life to do whatever he wanted to.  He could get a job with the local security force or join the transport pilots and fly freight around the galaxy; everything was up to him soon. The only thing he had to worry about was if his father tried to intervene in his decisions.

His father's voice could be heard outside the front door.  "I hope this is not about me" Jinx said to himself as he slowly entered the house.  "Ah there you are, and about time to" his father Stoa said in a slightly relieved voice.  "The Empire has so graciously sent a Stormtrooper recruitment team to our part of the colony" Stoa said with a smile across his lips. 

A tall trooper with green markings on his armor approached Jinx, while two others stayed right were they were only turning their heads slightly toward Jinx.  Before he stormtrooper had taken his last step, Jinx said "So that's your real reason for the years of weapons training.  Not, just in case like you told me every time I asked, and then made me shoot more targets for asking questions.  I know you support the Empire but I should be free to make my own choices in life."  With a sudden change of facial expression from smiling to near anger Stoa replied "Son you will become a Stormtrooper!  You don't know what's good for you, I have made this decision and it will stand without further comments from you."

Shock and signs of confusion crossed Jinx's face.  What happened to the smiling face of my father was the only thing going through his mind.  With a smile Jinx responded, "Fine I will become a Stormtrooper and make my mother proud.  But as for you father, nothing."  With that said, Jinx looked at the Stormtrooper with the green markings on his armor and said "I'm ready to go."

With a look of shock which quickly turned into the largest smile he had ever made, Stoa watched the recruitment team leave with his son.  "He will be a great asset to the Empire and make a great Stormtrooper."

Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3635
Total Posts:  7772
July 27, 2005 10:44:58 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Ah, very well done, Jinx. Another one of those classic/original bios: the parents sending their children off to war.

The bio started off excellent with you describing your character a bit. I loved how you quickly transitioned into some dialogue. That was pretty slick. You tied in the personality of your character towards the middle and end of the bio, and I thought that very creative.

Very well done.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE [VP][WoS2][KC1][SoY][EoP][OAK]
-----------------------
Jinx
ComNet n00b

Jinx

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  173
July 27, 2005 11:05:18 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
Hey thanks for the compliments, and the speedy emails.
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3653
July 30, 2005 1:31:36 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Welcome to Drill, Fallacy.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Vindictus
ComNet n00b

Vindictus

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  15
July 30, 2005 6:23:01 PM    View the profile of Vindictus 
My Biography

Name: Vindictus
Native Language: Basic
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Emerald Green
Skin Color: Tan
Height: 6'3
Weight: 165 lbs
Physical Build: Muscular
Homeworld: Coruscant

History

The story starts back on my homeworld of Coruscant. I was just five years old when it happened. My father was an Imperial Commander.  My mother was an imperial senator before the bastard emperor disbanded the senate. A few months after Palpatine disbanded the senate My mother had gone missing. My father went after her looking everywhere. It's not hard to find someone if you know where to look, even in a city with trillions of people. Eventually my father found her. She had been kidnapped by one of the Emperors's agents. My father went to get her back but the Imperial agent wouldn't have it. He had been trained to kill and not to leave any opponet alive. When my father tried to take out his E-11 Blaster rifle, the agent kicked it into the air, then did a backflip and caught it.  Armed with my father's blaster, the agent had my father at his mercy.The agent was not merciful however and decided it would be best to end this quickly as he grew bored of my father. The agent aimed at my father's head and fired, killing him instantly. Then when my mother tried to kill the agent with a suprise attack from behind, the agent jumped beind my mother and snapped her neck ending her life as well.

With my parents dead I was left an orphan. No one wanted to adopt a child whose parents had been assinated by an agent of the Emperor. I was left homeless. I fended for myself in the lower depths of Coruscant for 15 years. I fought numerous criminals in that time. Some times i even got into knife fights with these crooks. When i was 15 I fought this one guy who sliced me across the chest which left a massive scar. During the fight I grabed his arm and snapped it breaking it and making his own bone impale his arm. I decided that since he wanted to cause me pain i was gonna cause him as much pain as possible.I continued to hit him until i broke every bone in his body. Then i grabbed his knife and continued to chop off small parts of his body making sure he stood alive until i finnaly decided to end it by cutting off his head. I was drenched in blood. And for some sick reason i felt pleasure in torturing others until they died. After that I became a bounty hunter infamous throughout Coruscant. I took on the name Vindictus and in my 3 years as a bounty hunter I killed over 300 people. Killing others had become my life. When i had enough of being a bounty hunter I decided my talents were bieng wasted on these pathetic criminals, so i decided to join the military. I went to the Stormtrooper Academy and underwent Basic training under the Commander of Training, Brigadier General Cosmic...
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3656
July 30, 2005 6:32:08 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Not bad. Thanks for editing it.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3658
July 30, 2005 6:46:46 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
I've placed you in Raiders, Vindictus.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3664
July 31, 2005 10:41:43 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Drill Update: Congrats to us for being a seperate limb on the roster! :P

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Dez
ComNet Marshal

Dez

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  183
Total Posts:  371
July 31, 2005 10:50:36 PM    View the profile of Dez 
no wonder the weight on my shoulder felt lighter.

aaaah...
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3691
August 5, 2005 6:28:13 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Those still remaining in Drill: complete your bios immediately. I will be pushing some buttons. You guys have had more than enough time to do these.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
CruroarRendell
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  10
August 8, 2005 1:13:29 PM    View the profile of CruroarRendell 
Physical Appearance

Native Language: Basic
Hair Color: Brown, near shoulder length
Eye Color: Brown, with slight traces of red.
Skin Color: Pale white.
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 145 lbs
Full Name: Cruroar Vanguard Rendell
Physical Build: Normal build, with some muscle
Home world: Corellia

Talents/Skills

1) Skilled with 2 weapons at a time
2)Extensive computer security knowledge.

Background
Cruroar grew up on a small village,on Corellia . During the war a Republic battalion landed a few kilometers outside of his town. His town had been supply mining materials to the Empire. They stormed the village though a few did offer resistence. The town was completely obliterated. Cruroar was arriving back from Cornet City and found it completely destroyed.  He found a straggling Republic soldier and grab a  piece of metal and bashed him over the head. He went back to the ruins of his apartment and found a blaster  rifle and some credits. He then hid behind a building and picked of two Republic soldiers. The remaining  three tried to flank him from the right. Weaving in and out blaster fire, he shot one of them. He retreated behind some cover and picked off another. The last one seemed to be more skilled than the other troops. He threw a grenade over near Cruroar and he had to dive out of the way to avoid getting blasted by the explosion. The explosion sent metal shards flying cutting his face and leg up badly. He managed to get a shot off and killed the last troop. After a few moments he pulled a med pac off the body and patched himself up. 
    A new fire burned inside him he wanted power, revenge. He took the next transport to Empire Headquarters where he enlisted and began training.

Personably: Many times a loner, and a cold person. But to his friends and companions, he's smart, funny and dependable. And on a rare occasion he will make a joke.

[This message has been edited by CruroarRendell (edited August 8, 2005 3:09:44 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3709
August 8, 2005 2:03:57 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
It's good, but I'm going to make you rewrite it. Here are some tips:

1) Watch the grammar. Try writing it in Word, or any other program with a spellchecker. Also, read the story out loud to yourself to make sure it "sounds" good.

2) Telos - Citadel Station. I have a feeling you were having a KotOR moment. That planet was way in the past - I'm not even sure if Citadel Station would still be called that, or if it even existed that long. Perhaps a little more creativity in the sense that you can make up your own planet.

3) Perhaps a bit more detail. The bio isn't just a requirement I have. It's to let every other member know who your character is so they know what to expect from you. It also makes it easier for them to imagine how your character would react in difference circumstances.

Good job thus far, but take my tips into mind and try again.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
CruroarRendell
ComNet n00b

CruroarRendell

Post Number:  4
August 8, 2005 2:44:30 PM    View the profile of CruroarRendell 
Updated it some added more detail.
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2420
Total Posts:  3245
August 8, 2005 2:51:16 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Okay, do you mean the old Galactic Republic or the New Republic?

Plus, it's Corellia.

And another thing, you have writen: "... a aa piece..."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Senior Chief Petty Officer and Reporter Jack Nebulax (*Formerly and No-Longer a ComNet Spammer*), Imperial Navy and VE Today Staff, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:S]
Rep|Int/Rep Jack Nebulax/Rep: 4/Reporters-Interviewers/VE/VET
------------------------------------------------------------
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
CruroarRendell
ComNet n00b

CruroarRendell

Post Number:  5
August 8, 2005 3:07:22 PM    View the profile of CruroarRendell 
Ill fix it, and the New Republic, as this is the Thrawn era.
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3710
August 8, 2005 3:41:52 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Ok. Good. Well done.

The only thing that I do see, and that many people have written in the past, is that they make the Republic seem as if they're the "bad guys" all the time. Personally, I don't think the NR would openly attack a planet such as Corellia and not have at least some retaliation of some sorts from the planetary government.

I'll accept it though - just keep in mind the realism of consequences on a grander scale for your future posts.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3734
August 24, 2005 4:40:08 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Welcome to Drill, Inferno.

You've been promoted to Private First Class, and I'm awarding you the Letter of Recommendation for your speedy completion of training.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited August 24, 2005 4:40:59 PM)]
Zanje
ComNet n00b

Zanje

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  13
August 26, 2005 8:35:44 AM    View the profile of Zanje 
Well, hi-hi there again dear people...hehe, any chance i still get to join a squad?
Dez
ComNet Marshal

Dez

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  215
Total Posts:  371
August 26, 2005 8:39:52 AM    View the profile of Dez 
finish your drill training
Zanje
ComNet n00b

Zanje

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  7
August 26, 2005 9:01:48 AM    View the profile of Zanje 
...?
I thought, posting in the academy, and creating a bio is the training...is there anything i left then?

Hmm
/me wanders off
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3758
August 26, 2005 9:12:06 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Check your email. You probably have instructions on how to complete basic training that you never looked at yet (yes, basic training consists more than posting on ComNet).

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Zanje
ComNet n00b

Zanje

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  8
August 26, 2005 9:29:02 AM    View the profile of Zanje 
Okay, i understand its not about posting on comnet, apearing on IRc and everything, which i might add i already went to IRC, java chat...the first day i joined....
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3760
August 26, 2005 10:06:01 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Zanje, you've been promoted to Private First Class and placed in Drill. To advance from Drill, you must create a character biography. This biography will consist of the following:

Short history on your character (where he's from, etc.) and a little personality info. This info can tie into the main story or it can be seperate. I suggest reading my biography (titled Cosmic's Biography - Also an Example) on the main army comnet here on how to write your biography and how I'd like it to look.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Zanje
ComNet n00b

Zanje

Post Number:  9
August 26, 2005 10:14:12 AM    View the profile of Zanje 
In my first post i already posted a bio...and everything...well, i could expand a bit on the personality...
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3762
August 26, 2005 3:32:53 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
I can go with that. There's nothing over the top, and it fulfills the criteria. In your future works, though, put a little more detail into your writing.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Garet Daimun
ComNet n00b

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  4
Total Posts:  1348
August 27, 2005 9:31:16 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Hi there... I was just finishing my Bio and I noticed it was like 3-4 pages long...

How many characters will fit in a post, and do you even want to read a Bio that long? I can condense it to less than a page, no weight off my back...
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  3773
August 28, 2005 9:47:14 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Actually, I prefer our new recruits to be as creative and imaginative as possible, and that means longer bios - I encourage that.

ComNet can hold a lot of characters. I believe I can fit in 10 pages no problem. Probably more than than that.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Garet Daimun
ComNet n00b

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  1348
August 28, 2005 10:23:42 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Ok, well, here it is. I'm open for every criticism, good or bad. I feel that this needs perfection, and if anyone, I mean ANYONE, feels like it needs to be changed, tell me. I had fun writing this one, and it got me to write my first story all summer long. So without further delay...

Hmmm.... It seems that all the apostrophes in my story are replaced by unerasable squares... Anybody know how to fix this? I know it said don't write it on Word, but I wanted the spell check and grammar editor. Any suggestions/fixes?
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited August 28, 2005 10:25:33 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited August 28, 2005 10:27:59 AM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  522
Total Posts:  3141
August 28, 2005 12:00:39 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Its pretty easy.
Just read Yillis's post on it here
  -----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
-=Lancer Squad=- -=EL=- -=Blue Technical=-
TRP/LCPL Hellra/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 28, 2005 12:05:18 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper SquadNet > Drill Squad  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:29:35 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 87  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >