Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Something Wicked This Way Comes (Halloween Story)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Something Wicked This Way Comes (Halloween Story)
Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2437
Total Posts:  3141
  RE: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Halloween Sto
November 6, 2009 2:44:42 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos pulled her helmet off her face and stared in shock at the sight of the scenery in front of them.
“Holy shit,” she whispered.  Her echo whispered alone in the midst of the Iron Horsies and the Raiders even if her words flew through each and everyone’s thoughts as well.

In front of them, hang a live display of what could resemble contemporary flesh art. Aeos who dabbed into arts now and then had tried to keep herself up to date with these sorts of happenings. A home hobby. But this sort of display, only a few pictures existed of it on the entire Holonet. Aeos shuddered, understanding why.

In front of them, a mass of limbs and flesh had been assembled together, suspended by thin wire which crossed the room from various angles and creating a giant almost spider-like web, except it did not contain the orderly element in which a spider-web manifested itself.  Blood still trickled to the floor and rang along the wires in eerie rhythms of a pulsing heart. The only light which accessed the room was through the doorway in which the two squads had gathered.  As her eyes accustomed to the darkness of the room Aeos started perceiving more detail. The fact that the room hadn’t even started to smell pungent or rotten disturbed her immensely. This mass death, these souls had left their bodily hosts only hours ago or just. She repressed the urge to gag as her eyes traced wired which ran through hands, through legs, through heads or any bodily part.

“How…how many people is this?” Jae stammered.
“Close to a hundred I’d reckon,”  Sapphire replied darkly, her own eyes never leaving the foul display. Her lekku twitched. 

“I..I..I have to…”
“Aeos!” Havock called out sharply but Aeos stepped forward, she pulled from her pouch a small square onyx cube. It measured inch by inch with one button and a lens. Aeos pressed down on the button and aimed the cube towards the mass display.

“I’m going to be sick,” somebody muttered. She heard footsteps leaving the room.
“Njall, call Beta to wait, we leave together. “ Havock ordered, her face still studying the grotesque thing of limbs in front of them.

As they had encountered the abbey with grandiose roof-paintings which stretched from corner to corner with heroes of flashing swords and children with ancient instruments of music to hail those heroes, so did this room contain them. The innocent faces here however contained more than just the trace of time and decay; they contained spills from the blood of the victims who had died here. The whimsical backdrop added an element of twisted irony. No heroes had survived here.

“What we have here is…is…horrible, humans are mounted by what seems like wires which runs..run through them-“
“Aeos! Get back here!” Havock called out as Aeos stepped closer into the room. The two squad perceived her with a confused glance.

“Hav, give me a second, this is…this is,” Everything else suddenly failed to be important to her. That she hated running. That they were in danger and that she was endangering herself.

“Aeos, we don’t care how this will affect what, get out of this room, we all better get out, “ Jegora called out. He risked himself closer to her, and touched her shoulder. He understood this hobby.
Silently Aeos allowed Jegora to pull her back towards the group. She felt Rustam pulling her more closely into the group.
“Don’t ever be this stupid again.” He breathed into her ear. His fingers failed to relax on her shoulder and Aeos grimaced in annoyance. They were both right however.

“Let’s back out of this slowly, whatever happened here, happened recently,” Saphire muttered. Her strong voice was thin and just like all of them, she was fatigued with the fiery fear which had embedded into their minds. As soldiers for the Empire, they could withstand almost any amount of physical activity required or missions. But this? This was physiological and for the first time the Raiders were finding themselves staring at the fire-point of their own specialty; psychological warfare. 

Slowly but surely the troopers backed out, their weapons rose steadily into aim and readiness. Aeos and Lucky were one of the last who left.

“Lucky, it’s good to see you again,” Aeos greeted at the ASL with a sighing grin. The latter nodded and pulled Aeos into a brief hug. In times like these it was a relief to see an old face.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD][GRoM][GRP][CCA][GC]
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited November 6, 2009 2:45:55 PM)]
Njall
ComNet Member

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  362
Total Posts:  481
November 6, 2009 5:34:51 PM    View the profile of Njall 
The squads moved out, exploring through more of the building.  Njall looked around the corridor as they went through.  There was nothing.  The only sounds were the steady rhythm of the troopers marching and water dripping from somewhere in the roof.  Njall could feel the tense feelings coming from the troopers, expecting more creatures to pop out from every shadow and corner that they encountered.  The squads rounded a corner into a room, and stopped short.

“Oh crap” Njall said

Inside the room there was a horde of the zombies, backed by multitudes of the blob like slime creatures.  The squads backed up in an attempt to flee the room but before that could happen, the doors to the room slammed shut.

“Stand firm.” Havock told the RAIDERS, a similar statement echoed from
Lucky’s mouth to the Iron Horses.

The troopers took up firing positions on the ground, waiting for the order to fire. 

“Wait.” Jaenna pondered, “Why won’t they attack?”

The monsters were just standing in their positions, almost as if they were observing the stormtroopers.  None of them had made a move, even though the troopers were in plain sight.  Suddenly a deep, amplified voice rang out, echoing throughout the room.

“My monsters, let’s give these soldiers a path, shall we?”

Almost on cue, the zombies and blob monsters parted, making a pathway to a raised platform at the end of the room.  Both squads moved down the path, towards the platform.  As they walked closer, a chair came into focus, with what looked like a cloaked body sitting on it. 

“Ah, my friends, welcome.”  The cloaked man said

“Friends?” Njall muttered, before Havock shot him a look that said to shut up.

“I assume you have all seen my citadel, in all of it’s grand glory.”  The man continued 

“Glory?” Aeos piped up, “You made art out of human body parts!  You’re a menace!”

“I will have silence when I am speaking!”  The man thundered, his voice once again echoing throughout the room. 

“Who the hell are you anyways?” Decembrist asked

“I am Sk’reath Olinaistia, the lord of this place.  These beings that you call monsters are my subjects.  I control them.  And now I control you.”
Havock’s eye narrowed, and she stepped forwards

“Listen here buddy, we’ve defeated these monsters before and we can do it again.  We can take you down with them.”

“I beg to differ.  You did not defeat these monsters.  You ran from them, right into my area of power.  You are outnumbered and powerless to resist.  I believe you will find it in your best interests to do as I say.”  Sk’reath smugly said

“You know what jackass, we’ll never serve you.  We’d rather die than be the servants of a twisted, crazy old man.”  Jaenna yelled

“So be it.” Sk’reath uttered in a whisper-like tone. 

Njall got a feeling that there was something behind them.  He turned around to see the monsters starting to close in. 

“Get ready.”  Havock said, determination strong in her voice.
TRP/PFC Njall/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [FCE] [AS-H] {RCRT}

Private First Class Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Clearly Canadian
Madman
ComNet Novice

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  119
November 6, 2009 6:14:30 PM    View the profile of Madman 
Oh it was just a delight; apparently Cultists made it a rule of thumb to always have an artist that could just paint out the obvious for the occasional group of weary, armed soldiers that had arrived in far from subtle ways.

“Lovely.” Madman remarked bluntly as he took a look around the stereotypical spooky cultist lair, hell it was leagues better than being a Tusken Prisoner, killed on the whim of a highly complicated and primitive social structure, regardless of personal use they could ring outta ya to achieve their own simple ends. Madman didn’t really feel that frightened, it was more of a pain in the ass, his weary body had been traumatized physically that caused him to squint as his head throbbed from all the bashing about that he’d received from getting off the ship.

“Is there anyway to turn down the brightness of those torches…only been wandering through the dark for several hours…” He’d hiss, simply following after the others and ignoring fairly everything he heard. The expressionless, far from standard issue helmet reflected no emotion, only a pair of wide, opaque, round lenses covered his eyes, the rest was sleek, cold metal.

“Feh, these people were tortured. That’s easy, for what reason? I wouldn’t mind finding out…” Madman mused, brimming with curiosity rather than disgust or fear “We’ve already fought with monsters, so what’s wrong with killing a couple cultists while we’re here? Maybe even take their corpses and rig ‘em with explosives for the beasties…” He continued to mutter to himself, uncertain of what the others might think.
----------------------------------

...And so the ringmaster of the whole charade had finally revealed himself, a sickly old man who had a penchant to twisting humans and aliens alike into his servants and ‘art’ as he called it. Madman felt a spur of heat run up his spine, he felt as if the man had just issued a challenge.

“Outnumbered by a buncha brainless husks of flesh.” He’d mutter before he’d aim up…down…wherever that man-thing was “You know…this guy seems like the sort that would be luring children into his home with promises of candy…you know that?” He’d ask as he brandished his Gaffi staff, though the Blobs were going to be difficult. He mildly wondered what they tasted like, perhaps they were lime flavor or…

He’d then watch as the creatures caused the pigment of the filthy stone floor to turn a duller color – with caustic fumes billowing up lightly around them.

Okay, they were NOT lime flavor, just acid flavored…Madman didn’t like this, he couldn’t contend with the Slime…eww, just the thought of rolling around and fighting with it seemed unpleasant. However the RakGhoul were hardly hard, he’d already killed a handful already.
TRP/LCP Madman/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited November 6, 2009 6:17:06 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1038
Total Posts:  2159
November 6, 2009 6:26:13 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
“Who the hell threw a grenade near friendlies in a close-quarters combat area?!” Gates yelled, dragging the unconscious Loran to his feet.

“C’mon!” Gates said, firing his rifle one-handed into the chasing swarm. “We’re getting close to the rendezvous!”

Indeed they were; the structure loomed just a kilometer away, by now, but the Blackjacks and Wraiths were wheezing from the dead run in full gear they’d had to keep up to escape the Gora Beasts and hordes of undead.

“Go, go go!” Tanus yelled. “Don’t look back! Just kriffing run!”

The troopers ran like death was chasing them. It was, and it was hungry. Gates knew how fast you had to run in the STC to make the klick sprint in basic, but usually, you got to run it fresh and without an unconscious comrade draped over you.

A couple of the Blackjacks pulled ahead, less encumbered by ko’d troopers than Gates was. Jager was a welcome sight to be pulling ahead, and when he turned, he sprayed the frontrunners of the horde with a heavy burst of Tyrant chaingun rounds.

Bodies shriveled apart from the high-velocity armor piercing shells, and spent brass clattered in the dust. Gates looked up, and swore breathlessly at how far he still had to go.

“Dammit, soldier,” he cursed, shaking the trooper heavily. “Wake the hell up, already!”

In response, the PFC groaned. “Whazzat, sir?”

“Wake up, dammit! Wake up or I’m leaving you to be consumed alive by these things!”

That woke him up quickly enough, and soon, the man was limping along a lot faster than Gates could carry him. Gates shot a look at him and winced slightly. The man’s torso and thigh armor was pretty shell shocked, and his limp was pronounced enough at a run to slow him down.

They sprinted at a dead run towards the structure. There was no one outside.

“Did we beat the others here?” wheezed Corvin.

“Who cares? Let’s get inside,” Tanus replied, and they sprinted for a large door at the front of the structure. They ran in all at once and immediately turned. A fusillade of fire came from them, knocking down a dozen undead and some of the slower-reacting Goras.

“Close the damn door!” Gates roared, spraying fire from his flamer into the gap. A couple soldiers rushed to each door, pushing the heavy iron doors shut. Immediately, the doors began to drum with the sound of dozens of hands and claws slamming at it.

“Barricade it shut,” Tanus ordered, and the two squads picked up pieces of furniture and jammed them into the gap.

“Can you hear that?” asked someone. Everyone strained their ears vainly, trying to pick up a sliver of sound over the thumping of arms and legs.

“I don’t hear shit,” Gates said in return, his pleasant mood of having seen backup quickly dissipating with the monsters at the door. “In fact, I doubt the other squads are even here yet.”

He walked forwards and was assaulted with noise. Battle-chatter was echoing across the comlink. “Oh wait. They are here. And they sound like they’re neck-deep in crap.”

“Blaster fire!” said the soldier who’d spoken earlier. “That way!”

The two squads stampeded after the sound. They came across a locked door and Gates blew the large handle apart with a burst of rifle rounds. He kicked the door open and stopped.

“Emperor’s blood,” Gates cursed. “Those don’t look like undead or Goras.”

“This sorry hellhole of an excuse for a planet is really starting to PISS ME OFF!” Tanus replied, with feeling.

“Oh look,” the Wraith’s ASL, Anival something-or-other, pointed. “Raiders. And some Iron Horses.”

“Well,” Tanus remarked gravely. “At least we found them. Start shooting, Blackjacks.”

Rifles rose to their shoulders and the Blackjacks started spitting brass and lasers. The Wraiths followed suit a moment later, pouring laser fire into the ghost-like creatures and the shifting blobs of fluid.

“We’re shooting at Jell-O and holograms,” remarked Hassar. “They don’t look like much.”

Gunfire came from across the room as the other two squads fought off their adversaries. “Good to see some friendly faces!” crackled the comlink as one of the women squad leaders sent the new arrivals a greeting.

“Wouldn’t want to be late for the party,” Tanus replied. “You look like you’re in a bit of a jam. Fortunately, we have just the right dosage of J-4 rockets to open up a hole behind you.”

“Much appreciated,” the cordial exchange continued amongst the shooting and explosions of the occasional grenade.

“Corvin, get a rocket on the wall near them, but kindly miss them.”

“Sure thing, sir,” the lance replied, and rocket hissed from him, slamming into a wall a dozen feet from the Raiders and Horses. The troopers pulled back through the gap, kicking rubble out of their way and shooting into the mob pressing in.

“They’re out,” Tanus said. “Get some fire on these things’ backs and pull back.”

A last barrage came from the two squads and then they slammed the doors behind them, trying to keep another couple nightmares at bay.

EASL/PSGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE  {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT]

Muse rocks.
Long as we still got guns, we gonna fight. And if we run outta bullets...they gonna wish we hadn't.
TX-47
ComNet Member

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  546
Total Posts:  613
November 6, 2009 6:44:21 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank had survived being trampled by Gora Beasts and used as a human shield by a green trooper who ended up Vosghoul-chow anyway.  The haphazard reinforcements were too little too late at best; most were killed within seconds of landing, the surviving 'reinforcements' effective merged with whaterver squad(s) they were fortunate enough to meet up with.

Tank thought he'd seen worse in his earlier missions; Arkania was proving him wrong with impunity

OOC:
post in progress but don't wait for me; health and pc issues
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
IronHorseSquad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/1SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP][SCA][FCE]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
"Don't run...you'll just die tired" -Iron Horse Motto
Exalted in the Dark Side
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  439
Total Posts:  997
November 6, 2009 9:08:41 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
He walked the dark forest alone, his katarn clone armor concealing his passage to anyone or thing that might be looking for a tasty snack. He never regretted painting the armor stealth black, it had saved his life numerous times. Now though, he walked the forest of a hostile planet alone.

He knew what he had done, he had gone rogue. Issues that had been building for months both professional and personal had finally taken him to his breaking point. So he simply vanished, and left his former squad to their fate. He knew he would face hell for it, probably be demoted maybe even court marshaled. He simply did not care anymore.

Two years of fighting, two years of stress, injuries, seeing comrades fall. It all brought him to his breaking point. So now he walked the dark forest, his t-visor turned off to conceal his position a bit better. His old jack-boots making very little noise as he picked an almost random direction and walked.

He felt the grip of his M41-A Pulse Rifle that was resting on his chest, it felt like a comfort. He doubted the 24mm armor piercing explosive tip caseless rounds she fired would protect him long being cut off from anyone to watch his back. The thought had crossed his mind once, just like many others before it vanished.

He felt dead now, RAIDERS had shown him you could live a normal life and be a soldier, but his mind had snapped. Maybe he had gone insane, he felt like his old self again, like a Wraith. He absentmindedly wondered what they were doing, if they were still alive. The thought joined the others in the void of his conscientiousness.

He kept walking, he could hear fighting ahead of him but it did not cause him to move faster. He deserved death now, he had abandoned his comrades. People who had depended on him to watch their backs, people who had risked their lives to watch his.

He stepped to the edge of a tree line and looked out over a scene from a nightmare. It was like all the other really bad missions he had been on. A final last stand of the few survivors, hoping for dawn to reveal some means of escape.

The monastery at the center of the map that he remembered seeing was overrun by a lot of things. He had given up hours ago trying to classify any one of them. They all looked like some mad scientist had cobbled up random things and slapped them together to form beasts straight out of a nightmare.

Pulling up his Pulse Rifle he breathed deeply once and began opening fire. The explosive tipped rounds began shredding the nearest creatures as he walked steadily towards what he hoped was a door. He was not sure if he felt like dieing anymore, but right now he really wanted to be inside that building. Maybe dawn would give him new answers.

Squeezing a trigger that was situated right before the magazine the rifle bucked once as a 30mm grenade shot out from the launcher beneath the barrel. He watched it bounce off the side of the building and come to rest at the feet of one of the things. A half second later it exploded, sending everything within twenty feet flying backwards.

He ran up to the heavy doors and began pounding on them. He could hear people inside, but nothing on his frequency so he began switching freqs quickly. He stopped as he heard his comlink begin picking up voices, he glanced at his hud and recognized the coding used by the Wraiths.

"So, anyone mind opening the blasted door? These things are beginning to look a might ticked off." Joamer said into his comlink as he turned around and cocked his grenade launcher.

"Depends on what is giving the suggestions." A familiar voice said over the comlink.

"Anival, open the blasted door or I'll rip it off then use you to seal it back up." He angrily said as he began firing again. He felt the door open a few seconds later and hands pull him roughly inside before the entrance was sealed. Soon as the bolt was thrown the pounding began in earnest, obviously he had ticked them off even more.

"So, Joamer, mind telling me why you are not with your squad?" Anival said, for some reason it sounded like an order. Anival, ordering him? He bloody well took the young trooper under his wing and kept him alive, so why the frak was he ordering him around?

"No time, I need to speak with who's in charge." Joamer said. He heard several chuckles over the comlink before Anival raised a hand and brought silence to the group.

"You can speak to me, after you weld that door shut. I'm the assistant squad leader of Wraith now." Anival said slowly. "I'm sure your story is an interesting one, like why you are not with your squad."

Joamer was not sure if he was dreaming or not, but he looked around at a few of the familiar figures standing in the room. He saw Black Jack on the other end working on reinforcing their side, he could hear other people farther away shouting and fighting. He felt, maybe it was pride, to see someone he had helped train reach such a status in one of the best squads the Empire had.

"Get to work." Anival said after a few more seconds.

"I'm still not calling you sir." Joamer said, as he slung his rifle and pulled off his backpack to grab his fusion cutter.

As he darkened his t-visor and began welding the door, be still wondered if this was all some sort of really twisted dream.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Senior Sergeant
Wraith Squad, Wildcard Platoon

"Gentle beings I bid you welcome. Welcome to the blood, to the sweat, to the tears.
Welcome to your places on the wall."

TRP|SSG Joamer|3SQD|PLT|COM|RGT|BAT|VEA|VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC] [RoT] [KAD] [AoT] [ESC09] {RES}
In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1037
Total Posts:  1385
November 6, 2009 9:20:14 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
I am really getting tired of all these suprises.

Saphira stood with the others as the leader of this place had showed his face. All anyone wanted to do was get the heck off this planet and be done with it.

"How much you want to bet that I could point blank aim a knife straight into his skull?" Saphira whispered to Havock as the monsters started to move in.

"I wouldn't Saph. If he can control them, I'd hate to see what happens without his control."  Havock mutterd back as everyone placed themselfs to a position to defend themselves.

"Right. So, if we managed to live through this, we take him hostage." Shooting back as she dove into her pack for the last couple remaining TD's.

"What do you mean IF?" Tank cried out from somewhere behind her to the right. The creatures were closing in closer, as if savoring the moment of the infinite victory. Their " Host" was still watching. Waiting for someone to come rushing forward to plead to let them live in exchange for servitude.

"Anyone have any bright ideas?" Someone called out in the group.

"Uh, shoot them." MadMan retorted as shots rang out.

TRP/PSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  363
Total Posts:  2413
November 7, 2009 8:30:46 AM    View the profile of Havock 
She wasn't sure who fired first. At this point it really didn't matter much. There was a creepy guy controlling monsters, a room filled with blobs and god only knows what else, and now here she was diving behind a dusty piece of furniture firing her twin DE-10s at the bastards.

Saphira was firing and dodging next to Havock, she could make out most of the squad farther down in the room from her location. Jaenna was yelling orders at them, which made her smile despite the situation. Jegora was pinned down on the opposite end of the room, but he had good cover so she wasn't worried. Considering these monsters seemed to be melee fighters, the RAIDERS and Horses blaster bolts were keeping them back far enough to be ineffective versus the advanced weapons.

Saphira made a surprised noise and slapped Havock on the arm a bit harder than she would have expected. “Ow geeze, Saph, what?”

She simply pointed and touched her comm. “Good to see some friendly faces.”

Havock followed her finger. She had to look through a break in the wall, not quite person sized and saw a large group of stormtroopers standing just outside of the room they were in. The blood red armor identified one group as Blackjack so she figured the others must be Wraith. Well at least everyone is here, and mostly alive as far as I can tell. Odd that we all crashed. A random shot next to her head shook her out of her thoughts and immediately sent her cursing in anger. One of the Horses next to her shrugged his shoulders and muttered something that she supposed was an apology.

Saphira quickly put her hands on Havock's shoulders when she saw that she was about to jump up and throttle the trooper. “Dammit Tank, look at what you're doing or I'm taking that weapon trooper, then you can figure out another way to fight the blobs and things.” He was about to argue which just made Havock roll her eyes, but he didn't have the chance. “Shit, Duck!”

“What?” Havock looked at Saph just in time for the rocket to slam into the wall about a dozen feet away from their current location. “Son of a bitch.” Havock touched her comm. “Friendlies people, lets see if we can make our way through that opening they so tactfully made for us.”

Havock watched as Jegora rolled back and out the hole. The Horses followed in turn, she nodded to Saphira to head out as well. Grahim came up behind her. “Yousa coming?”

“I'm sure as hell not staying.” She looked at Grahim's weapon belt and yanked off a grenade.

“Havvy you knowsa howsa thata works?”

She was never very good with the demolitions, maybe that had to do with her clumsy nature. Grahim had known her long enough to know that it was probably not the smartest idea to leave the explosions to Havock, but she also wasn't going to order someone else to be the last one out. “You pull this, throw it, and it goes boom, right?”

He nodded, patted her on the shoulder and made his way towards the opening. Karash followed close behind him still keeping Beta close. Decembrist seemed to be having fun shooting round upon round of ammo into the creatures, but he two finally rolled out of the room. That just left Aeos and Jaenna.

Jaenna helped Aeos get out then came back. Havock narrowed her gaze and yelled into her comm. “Get outta here Jae. I'll be right there.” The monsters were advancing, they had gone from over a dozen blaster's firing at them to two. She needed to throw the grenade and run.

“You are a damn, stubborn, irritating...”

“Later Jae, go.” She lingered another moment then growled and jumped through the opening.

Havock closed her eyes for a second, pulled the trigger and threw the grenade. She almost laughed when it slammed into a blob creature and just stuck there, blinking its deadly message none of them would interpret until it was too late. She ran, and dove through the opening just as the grenade went off. The blast shook some of the already loosened roof and wall panels around the opening down and goo splattered against the walls.

The squads fired into the opening over Havock's head, she felt two hands grab her shoulders and pull her out of the way. She checked her energy packs as the person finally stopped pulling her and came around to look at her. “Fool.”

Havock laughed at that. “So, I'm a damn, stubborn, irritating, fool? Thats the best you got, Jae? If ever I'm actually going to do something thats going to get me killed, you really have to work on that.” She probably smiled at that, but stayed quiet. “Is everyone alright?”

Jaenna nodded. “We just need to hold out until someone comes to get us.”

She shrugged. “So just another day at the office then.”

The ASL shook her head slowly. “We we get out of this, I'm so going to hit you.”
Sergeant Ayme 'Havock'  Katash
SL|SGT Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE [ESC09] {RES}
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock || [email protected]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1039
Total Posts:  1385
November 7, 2009 5:21:31 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Csn I help?"

A voice rang out from behind the two women. As they looked back they saw that Saphira had elbowed Tank.

"How about when we all get out of here you could help me beat some sense into Tank here?" Saphira shouted, catching up to the two. Though they couldn't see her face from behind the helmet, both knew she had a grin spread across her face.

"Only if you can scrap off the wonderful smell that's on your squad." Havock shot back with amusement.

"Sounds like your a little upset you don't have some Havock. Why don't ya come here and I'll share?" Saphira replied with even greater amusement as she opened her arms while running towards them.

"Saph! Don't you dare..." Havock screeched out. I know better then that. She WOULD dare to do it without a second thought. Here they were, trying to flee, intact, and the Iron Horse Squad leader was trying to cover her with the gore that clung still to their armor.

There was another explosion behind them, followed by a few cheers from the troopers. They stopped and looked back to see that the hole they had came through had been collapsed. A few hands were seen in the rubble. Still twitching in the death throws as they had at least a second to catch their breath.

"That's not going to hold them long." Saph pointed out.

"Good enough for now." Havock agreed as Jae looked over at them.

"Please tell me you two aren't in on some dangerous idea right now?" Her voice was full of annoyance.

"Not yet we do." Saphira answered. It didn't make Jae feel any better as Havock and herself called their squads back. Just because they had that way blocked, didn't mean anything. Both knew that there was other ways out. Neither wanted to let the monsters and the mad scientist to surround them. They had barley moved away when the sound of rubble being moved caught attention. Already the blob creatures were starting to ooze their way through.

TRP/PSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Hassar
ComNet Initiate

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  135
Total Posts:  225
November 7, 2009 6:18:11 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
"Let's give them some cover fire!" Tanus called out, firing into the horde of monsters.

Kyrus fired a burst from his blaster, leaving a smoldering hole in one of the green slime monsters. Blackjack picked off the creatures trying to make their way through the newly blasted hole in the wall, where Iron Horse and Raiders were making their retreat.

A grenade went off and green slime and dead body parts went flying across the room. Blaster fire flew from both sides, holding back the slimies and undead. As the last of the Raiders and IH's made their way through the hole, a menacing laugh was echoed throughout the room.

Kyrus looked over at the far end of the room. There was a exquisite throne, detailed with intricate patterns. Sitting on it was a man, laughing at the beauty of his orchestrated chaos.

Blackjack and Wraith were still trying to hold back all of the creatures, but there were too many of them. They were able to get past the barrage of fire and through the hole in the wall, continue their pursuit of the other two squads.

"Somebody close that hole up!" Ron yelled.

Zombies and the green slimies were clustered around the door, all of them trying to rush through it so fast that they weren't actually getting through. Kyrus was too distracted by the zombies getting too close to the squads that he didn't notice the rocket that Wraith squad fired until it hit the wall.

His teeth jarred as the blast from the explosion rocked the walls. Dozens of the abominable  creatures were incinerated from the explosion, and those that were too close to it were thrown back. A loud rumbling echoed throughout the room and suddenly the hole that Iron Horse and Raiders had escaped from was collapsed.

Kyrus focused his attention back to the matter at hand. He unloaded a full round into the monsters, and still there were countless more behind each one to take it's place. He hurriedly reloaded his rifle.

"Frak! There's too many of them!" Corvin yelled.

"Hold your position!" Tanus shot back.

They monsters were still coming at them, determined reach the stormtroopers. Still, Kyus kept firing until his blaster clicked, signaling an empty clip. Kneeling behind a knocked over piece of furniture, he loaded another cartridge into his gun. When he looked back up, he could see that they were making progress. It wasn't much, but there was a noticeable decrease in the creatures numbers.

"We've got them!" some one in Wraith called out.

"Frak!" Kyrus swore.

"Fall back!" Ron ordered.

Walking backwards, Kyrus laid down cover fire for the squads. He looked over to find that Tanus had not moved.

Tanus growled in frustration. "No!" He raised his gun and fired at the man. The shots were within a few feet from the man, when they suddenly bounced harmlessly away. A blue shimmer of a shield flashed as the bullets slammed into it. The man simply laughed again, an laugh that managed to infuriate Kyrus, making his blood boil.

"Tanus, let's go!" Ron said sharply.

Tanus threw on last hateful glare at the man before, turning to leave. Kyrus sympathized with him. They had gotten so close, and had a chance of taking the man hostage.

Wraith retreated through the doors they had entered in, followed closely by Blackjack. As the last of them piled out of the door, Kyrus and Loran swung the large doors shut.

Tanus took a breath to calm himself before calling out on the com,"Iron Horse, Raiders. What's your position?"

"We made it out on the other side if the Monastery." Havock answered. "We're still trying to hold them off."

"Is there anyway you can get out of there?"

"Uhh... I see some stairs over here. We'll hold them off from upstairs. See if you can't meet us there."

"Copy that."

Tanus looked back at his squad. "Let's move." With that, the two squads set off at a hurried jog, in search of a way up.

EDIT by Prefect: No force sensitive creatures...
Private Hassar  Combat Engineer
"There is no past. There is no future. There is only the endless present."
TRP/PVT Kyrus Hassar/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[SRP]Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 7, 2009 8:42:10 PM)]
Ron
ComNet Member

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  640
Total Posts:  1218
November 7, 2009 9:26:15 PM    View the profile of Ron 
They had all made it outside the Monastery successfully; Blackjack and Wraith gave a hearty cheer when they saw Iron Horse and RAIDERS depart the massive crypt and run out onto the barren, hostile plains.  There they met, some of them embracing; others, more cautious- still had weapons pointed at the hostile monastery, now motionless in the blackness of night.

Platoon Sergeant Jegora called together the Squad Leaders from each Squad in order to address their present situation.  They gathered around him, each to their own pace.  First came Sergeant First Class Tanus Solvona, covered in head to toe in menacing Red Stormtrooper Armor: leader of Blackjack Squad, and defender of the title "Elite".  Next came Sergeant First Class Saphira Striker of Iron Horse, helmetless, yet bearing twin fires in her eyes that denoted that she was dangerous even without wearing it.  Third came Sergeant Havock, her suit was dirtied and covered with the blood of monsters, but she hefted her weapon with a confident arm- and none were too anxious to stand in front of her when her deft forefinger moved towards the trigger.  Last came Senior Sergeant Ron, also helmet-less- showing as much emotion as a rock might, and holding a rhegant cigar between his teeth.

"Where's The Dominion?" Saph asked.

"Obviously not here." he said.  "As far as communications go?"  he turned to the only certified Comm Tech present.

"Nothin." Ron replied, removing his headphones.  "I did get contact at one of the citadels though." he offered.

"So did I." Havock said.  Tanus and Saphira nodded in agreement.

"There you have it then." Jegora said.  "They know we're here, and they're probably doing everything in their power to get us out of here.  But while we're still on this rock we need to do everything in our power to make sure they still have people to transport back home.  I don't know how long it will be, but I need you all to know that it could be several hours before The Dominion comes: if at all.

Everyone else nodded.

"Those things are going to come out of that Monastery any moment now.  I need you all to get back to your squads and form up.  Tanus, I want Blackjack to use their heavy weapons to unload into the main group of whatever comes out of that building.  I need a heavy stream of fire to be fixed on their center.  Havock, your squad needs to set up and deploy as much explosive material in the path of those beasts.  When you run out of mines and deployable explosives use your grenades.  Saphira: I need Iron Horse to provide cover for Blackjack and Raiders.  As Blackjack and Raiders are focusing on the center of the group, you and your squad needs to take out any flankers or winged creatures that manage to evade them.  As for Wraith, Ron I want you and your squad to equip yourselves with melee weapons.  With your vibroblades you are to assault any third parties, stragglers, or wounded beasts.  Due to your maneuverability, you will not be covered by Iron Horse; so if your squad becomes overwhelmed you need to retreat.

Everyone nodded their heads.  They all knew their job, and they knew what they had to do to preform them well.  Jegora confirmed their thoughts.

"You all know what you have to do.  I need you as Squad Leaders to perform your jobs and to set the example as the leaders I know you to be.  I hope to see you all alive at the end of this."

One by one they quickly hurried back to their squads to prepare.  Ron hurried back to his own squad to announce their purpose in the upcoming battle.

"No guns?"  Anival asked.  "Are we suicides or what?"

"If you're uncomfortable with getting dirty, then I suggest you transfer." Ron replied curtly.

"These aren't regular rebels." Anival hissed.  "They are mindless killers, and what's more: there's hundreds of them."

"Yeah." Rykin said.  "There's no way we can last long without heavy blasters.

Ron unsheathed his Vibroblade and swung quickly, stopping suddenly it so that it hovered below Rykin's chin.

"You afraid, trooper?" he taunted.

Rykin whipped out his own blade and parried Ron's away, snarling with anger.

"Just you try and do that again." he said menacingly.

"That's what I like to see." Ron chuckled.

But there was hardly any time to get ready.  Even as they were still unpacking weapons and setting explosives, one trooper among them- Madman from Iron Horse, yelled out excitedly,

"They're coming!"

And as the beasts rushed out of the building, the world seemed to stop.  They looked no longer like beasts, but as water rushes forth from a hole in a boat.  They gushed out, flowing over each other and under each other- some of them taking flight and becoming airborne, others crawling at fast speeds on the ground.  Everyone stood transfixed on the ground... until the explosions set off.

Giant red and yellow clouds of fire sent masses of the beasts this way and that way.  Blackjack fired into the masses that replaced them and Raiders hurled their explosives over the heads of the front runners.  Large winged beasts hit the ground with bone shattering thuds as Iron Horse picked them out of the sky.  And Wraith were making music with their blue steel blades.

The battle had only begun.

SL||SSG RON||3SQD||1PLT||1COMP||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
CoD:A||SSG RON||TADATH||VEA||VE
[WM][CCA][AS-1]{RoC:ComTech}
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ICS] Pirivateer Captain

Post Number:  672
Total Posts:  744
November 7, 2009 10:26:10 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus looked at the oncoming horde of nightmarish beasts – and smiled. As strange as it was, Tanus smiled. Here it is: the test of our title. Let’s show these bastards how we earned the title of Elite. Tanus raised his rifle and stared downsight. Both Orobos and Loran were ready with their particle cannons; Jager was prepared with his Tyrant, Abalar standing over his shoulder, rifle raised. Garryll was at the ready with his flamethrower; Tanus could see the flames dancing in his mind. Corvin stood to Tanus’ left, J-4 raised to his shoulder. Tanus only smirked as the screeching grew ever louder.

“Gentlemen, it’s been an honor.”

“Hey.”

“Fine. Gentlemen and lady.”

“Thank you.”

“It has been an honor all the same.”

“Don’t assume it’s over yet.”

“Never said I was. I’ve just always wanted to be that epic.”

A few chuckles came up from the squad channel as the beasts charged forward. It was time to hit them hard. As the first Gora Beast charged into the breach, Tanus pulled the trigger. In that instant, a cacophony of brilliant energy leapt forth from the crimson wall that was Blackjack squad. Corvin unloaded with the J-4, annihilating an oncoming group of vosghouls and rakghouls. Particle bolts tore into the line of creatures, ripping them asunder with a brilliant flash of light and destruction. Garryll opened up with his flamethrower, spewing forth a wall of flame that the creatures could not pass. Jager wasted no ammo, finding every open spot he could through the flames. As some of the creatures charged through the flames, they met a vile hammer blow to the skull, dropping them instantly. Grenades flew overhead as RAIDERS started to launch grenades into the breach. Soon the sides were starting to be hemmed in by the combined firepower of Iron Horse squad.

“Fire in the hole!” Tanus shouted.

He unhooked his only cryoban grenade and hurled it into the breach. A staunch wave of cold buffeted the troopers as creatures were frozen in place as all were enveloped in absolute zero. Two more grenades and that small wave was over and done with. Blue particle beams slammed into the vosghoul hordes, tearing them apart as others simply charged over and through them. Tanus soon abandoned his EE-3 in favor of his Rebel-1. Barely 5 minutes into the assault, the attacks ceased. Whispers started to come up from the squad.

“Is that it?” Corvin asked, lowering his J-4 to look over at Tanus.

Tanus looked deeply into the dark as he heard a deep growling from within the confines of the Monastery. He simply shook his head and pointed towards the hole.

“No. That was just the advanced force. Get ready. Here they come!”

A wave of rakghouls poured through the gap in the wall, lightning dancing overhead. Jeg was behind them, directing the battle from a lone stone parapet, firing as he did.

“Come on, Blackjacks! Hit them hard! RAIDERS! Get more grenades into the breach!”

Screams from Tanus’ left indicated that Wraith was doing its job of cleaning up the stragglers. Another rocket lanced out, striking a Gora Beast in the chest and spraying fire amongst its comrades. As the creatures seemed to falter, Tanus looked on with amusement.

“Blackjacks, move up!”

The squad took a great step forward, spraying death in all directions as they went. Jager took out six vosghouls as Abalar slew two Gora Beasts with salvoes from her EE-3. Tanus shot a pair of oozes before moving on to a small horde of rakghouls, dispatching them with hammer blows to the skull and torso.

“Garryll! Flush out the center! We need to give those Wraiths something to do!”

Garryll gave a hearty laugh as he spewed forth flames and death down the middle of the horde, sending a host of creatures scattering off in every direction. Blue bolts of lightning lanced overhead and made the shadows dance in a display that mimicked the scenes out of old stories and myths. The soldiers of Blackjack squad among them, bathed in fire and death, as the hordes continued to rise and fall to the sway of the trees. A single lightning bolt arced overhead, enveloping Tanus and the others in a blue-black light. Another lightning bolt slammed down into the horde of beasts, sending several of them flying into the air. Another two disruptor bolts dropped a vosghoul before Tanus drew his hammer and mace.

He charged into the breached, explosives going off around him, smiting all those that came before him. Hammer blows rained down on the vosghouls and rakghouls; the spear tips pierced the hearts of many a Gora Beast while flames ate at the Vosa Ooze that did not seem to want to die. Grenades from RAIDERS made sure that there were no large groups of creatures form to mob the charging troopers of Blackjack. Orobos soon tossed off his SA-40 to Faridoon and joined Tanus in the melee, cleaving through the creatures as they charged forward only to meet a quick death. As the squad made their way over the bodies of the fallen nightmares, Jeg opened up a line to the whole unit.

“All squads, pull back!”

Tanus pulled the head of his mace out if the skull of a rakghoul before he answered.

“Come again?”

“All troopers pull back! Gunships have arrived. I repeat, gunships have arrived.”

Tanus turned to the squad and nodded before smiting another vosghoul.

“You heard him, Blackjack. Pull back! Tactical cover!”

Tanus returned his hammer and mace to his sling and drew his EE-3, firing at the charging creatures as they leapt over the bodies of the fallen. Jeg was already gone, looking out to make sure the other squads had made it out safely. Tanus looked up to see Havock give him a two fingered salute as she took off after RAIDERS squad. Tanus looked over and saw Iron Horse and Wraith squad pulling back in full flight. Now’s a good as time as any.

“Blackjack, break off support fire! Pull back! PULL BACK!”

Without another word the squad turned and sprinted back towards the evac point, firing over their shoulders at the creatures on their heels. As Tanus continued to run, he looked up to see the gunships breaking through the clouds. They were catching up to Jeg and the others as the gunships began to descend more rapidly, guns blazing as they did so. Green bolts from the anti-personnel cannons ripped the creatures apart, and any that were missed met the combined fury of the composite beam cannons and missile strikes. As the shuttles landed, the doors slid open, and the squads hustled inside, making sure they pulled along no stragglers. Tanus chanced one last glance back as the creatures began to retreat, shrieking as they did so. Finally the doors slammed shut and Tanus felt the shuttle rise off the ground. Soon the shrieking subsided and all he heard was the hum of the drives pushing them further and further out of orbit. As they broke atmosphere, Tanus removed his helmet and sank to his knees, resting his head between his hands. Finally, the nightmare had ended. Finally he could go home.
ESL/SFC Tanus Solvona/4SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP][CDS][SCA][FCE][VUA-ARC-Lambda][AS-2][ESC09][AoT][IH]

CA/PRVC Tanus Solvona/YZ-775 (m) Iron Victory/The Osk Company/ICS/VE

"The warrior does not question, does not ponder, does not pontificate. The warrior simply does."

"Only priests and fools are fearless, and I have never been on the best of terms with God."

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - House Martell words, A Song of Ice and Fire
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Something Wicked This Way Comes (Halloween Story)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:09:35 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 89  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >