Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ << 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  211
Total Posts:  757
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
April 8, 2013 2:42:49 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
As I was writing it, I thought "this doesn't seem right". In the end, I knew that everyone knew what I meant, and if I got it wrong, I would be corrected. I have edited it to blink code.
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)

"There's no way you're getting a quote from us to use in your signature."
[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited April 8, 2013 2:45:51 PM)]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2631
Total Posts:  3784
April 8, 2013 2:49:58 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Sweet.  Yeah, like I said, not a big deal, but always best when we can Starwarsify our terminology. 

And, everyone: we've passed 126,000 words for the story.  That's just so awesome, I can't even express. 
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 8, 2013 2:50:58 PM)]
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  999
Total Posts:  1245
April 10, 2013 4:22:38 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Now you will witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle-poster! Yes, i'm almost done.. stay tuned.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) (=*FOCE*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  212
April 10, 2013 4:24:42 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
You just had make that post your 1000th, didn't you ....

Congrats.

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1001
Total Posts:  1245
April 10, 2013 4:48:49 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Well I wanted it to be an IC post, not an OOC one in any case. Sort of more fitting that way. And thanks.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) (=*FOCE*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2634
April 10, 2013 5:56:05 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Sometimes, the words just don't wanna come.

Okay, my 12th post to this one is up, bringing my total word count over 10,000 at last.

Just wanted to give a sense of time passing IC, mostly, with this one.  Because I want us to move the plot on by the end of this week! 

We've had a lull the past couple weeks, and I know a bunch of people are still busy; let's see if moving the story forward IC doesn't generate a little more OOC interest.  People who are around, start getting your characters and personal storylines to a place where we can move on to the Second Fleet's retreat and the Dominion siege of Gwodd LK nale.  Time to bring this story home, so I can bust out the phenomenally well-deserved shinies! 

Counterpunch: Death is already the 5th most-posted-to story in Navy history, guys.  Let's take it all the way to the top!

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 10, 2013 7:25:04 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 10, 2013 7:59:01 AM)]
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  778
Total Posts:  1214
April 10, 2013 7:53:47 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
A lot later than I had planned, but I am officially back to the story with my 22nd post!  Glad to see some life coming back in to the story, with some great posts during my absence.

Now, let's kick this one into high gear now, folks!  I want to see some shinies!
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2635
April 10, 2013 8:00:21 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Hey, welcome back!  Nice one.  Poor Fearsome...

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  213
April 10, 2013 9:43:44 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Well, this is under the title of Death ...

I should have another post up soon. going back to Strill POV as it's been lacking.

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  404
Total Posts:  786
April 10, 2013 11:25:04 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
I need to stop promising posts because I'm just making myself look less reliable...

And glad to have Gur actually flying in the air again
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  906
Total Posts:  997
April 10, 2013 11:36:52 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Alright my lovelies.... well the two of you that are left anyways. All of our fighters are on fumes. So either blowup, crash or land really soon. Also the ID forces will begin to retreat to try to cut off Second Fleet so Avvie when you post start to mention that please.

That is all boy and girl... hah I've never got to use that phrase worded like that.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Chief Warrant Officer, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|CWO Joamer|Iron One|Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC:P] [CC:W] [SoV] [LoM] [E]

In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  405
April 11, 2013 12:15:11 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Thanks for making our situation even better, Joa. Also noted. Time to make our lovelies crash and burn (mostly) >.>
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  214
April 11, 2013 5:45:39 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I was going to crash anyway, so if I crash following orders as well, that makes it doubly awesome.

(=TG=)

[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited April 11, 2013 5:46:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited April 11, 2013 5:46:16 AM)]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2638
April 12, 2013 6:00:56 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Flown by remote?  Interesting development, indeed.  Welcome back, Joamer.    I guess Trick and Joa won't be sharing a drink after this one, then. 

Great to see people posting.  Let's try to build on these! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  216
April 12, 2013 11:44:06 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
And there's my 24th career post. Just one more ....

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  406
April 12, 2013 1:40:59 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Great post though I think the transports are empty. Unless I read what you wrote wrong (that has happened more than once).

Also I am writing a novel for my post which will be posted sometime by the end of today. I think my creative brain decided to kick itself into overdrive.

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  217
April 12, 2013 1:52:06 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
No, it's empty. But Grent doesn't know that. I did make sure to say it was empty though.

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  407
April 12, 2013 4:50:02 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Ah ok. I read it fast so I think I missed that.

Also, not related to the story necessarily but you guys have ruined me as far as writing goes. I ended up writing over 1,300 words for a 300-500 word paper. How will I ever learn to write short pieces again? XD

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  409
April 12, 2013 6:32:43 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
And my post is up. Just under 2.5k... heh. As usual, I have a flare for drama and I have been itching to write this ever since I came up with Thatcher. Also is she alive? And if she is, how badly is she injured? Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode...

In the meantime, Joamer or Gur, tis your turn. I mentioned how the ID ships were pulling out for some strange reason so that will definitely affect the battle. Also I realize we've been neglecting some of the other peeps in our posts so might be a good idea to mention who's alive, injured, or possibly dead by now.

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2641
April 14, 2013 5:20:09 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Quick update, everyone.  With those last two posts, Counterpunch: Death has now surpassed Counterpunch: War to become the 3rd most posted-to story in Navy division history!  Congratulations, everyone, and rest assured that such a big milestone will be reflected at rewards time.

That said, there are just four more posts until 2nd place!  And I know thirty or so more than that sounds daunting (30 or so more being what it would take to smash the all-time record), but it really isn't a lot to get written in a couple weeks, with everyone doing their part.  I'm working on a post now.  Who's with me to make VE history?! 

Remember what I said when the Counterpunch arc began: our actions in-story will have real consequences, for our characters and for us as members of the club.  Keep up the amazing activity, folks, and you will not BELIEVE the goodies that await.  New starfighters and new capital ship classes are waiting to be "unlocked," promotions and medals are possible in combinations and quantities that have never been heard of before, monetary rewards and stock options are lined up... all this and more is on the table.  What you get depends on what you put in.

And besides the personal recognition, there's a lot at stake for the Navy Division (and club) too.  If we make OOC history with this story, the division will unlock goodies to play with in the upcoming Chapter 9, and that will help us make the most sweeping changes in IC canon since the VE was founded.  I cannot WAIT to share more details with you guys; help me be able to share ALL the details, by putting in the last little effort needed to put us over the top.  "Earn all the shinies!" 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  221
April 14, 2013 8:30:12 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
DISSENSION IN THE RANKS! Gurlanin is feeling left behind and forgotten, and is now livid at Joamer! How will his lack of trust towards his SCO affect the coming battle?

On a happier note, with that post, I now have 25 career posts. Yay! Medal time! :P

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  412
April 14, 2013 11:30:33 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Go figure that both of the 2k posts are the ones that get us past War XD

With my Makenna drama currently wrapped up, I'll be trying to focus on getting the ignored members back into the light. Also, Strill currently doesn't have an awake SC or XO so that'll play an interesting role in what the squadron decides to do in the meantime. Joa will be under for the least amount of time but Makenna will be gone a while considering her injuries. Dissension in the ranks is also an interesting idea to play with. At this point, with no coms still and only rumors of what happened to the Second Fleet, I'm sure that there's a lot of frustration and anger floating around.

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  223
April 14, 2013 11:34:17 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I'll also might do another Defiance post. Maybe another Strill POV post. Who knows? Going to give the writing a slight rest for a bit, however.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2649
April 18, 2013 3:33:00 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great posts, folks.  Let's keep 'em coming.

Just a heads-up: my awesome second-in-command, Serpent, will be moving the story forward on Friday of this week (that's tomorrow).  His post will cover Second Fleet's temporary retreat from the Sollamens, after suffering losses.

Chlovi and Fleet folks, be ready to cover falling back to Bloodmoon, regrouping quickly and sharing what we've learned about overcoming the handicaps imposed by the pulsar with each other.  Strill, you're about to get hit HARD by the spec ops and reinforcements.  VENI, keep up the great work. 

Excelsior!

Just noticed: we're now tied for second place!  Most-posted-to story of all time is in our grasp, guys!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 18, 2013 3:37:09 AM)]
Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  718
April 19, 2013 9:54:38 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
Wrote up a quick post to get Chlovi back to the Adjudicator in time for the retreat. I've portrayed the situation from the starfighter pilots' perspective as being very messy, since nobody wants to get left behind and there's no flight coordinators to ensure safety. Wasn't sure if some of the capships had already hypered out or not; I'll edit if needed.
FM/WO2/Maroy/Cobalt 5/S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG]x2 [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC:P]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2653
April 19, 2013 3:24:31 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great post, Maroy.  And I think your characterization of events so far is fine.  It's okay if there are slightly conflicting reports of timing of hyper jumps, etc.; it's chaos, and that would should through in the disparities from different POVs.

And that one puts us solidly in second place!  Let's drive to the top! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  783
April 19, 2013 5:02:51 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Nicely done post, Maroy!  That ties in perfectly to what I am writing!

Just a heads up folks, my retreat post is nearly done.  Even if I finish soon, I'll hold off for a few more hours before posting.

You have until 10pm (VE time) to post before we flee back to the Bloodmoon system!
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  417
April 19, 2013 5:07:24 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Oh gosh Strill we need to retreat to Bloodmoon!

Oh wait... >.>

I think it would be ok though to have a couple Panthac posts post-fleet retreat because the point of them is to be decimated after all, so seeing that they got left behind would make sense. I'm not sure if I have time to get a post up sadly so I pass that obligation to my squadron mates for the moment.

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  229
April 19, 2013 6:23:25 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I'm just happy one of my ideas is actually viable!

I'll see what I can do about getting a Panthac POV up before the retreat, to set the scene of them being in fierce fighting, and already losing a squadron member or two.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image

(=TG=)
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  785
April 19, 2013 10:46:10 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
And, as promised, I have posted!  The fleet has now withdrawn to the Bloodmoon system, where we shall regroup and come back for the explosive finale to this story!

I thought that this would be a great time to review the stats!  As you can imagine, with this being the second biggest Naval story ever, the stats are impressive!

(All names are listed in order of appearance)

Name: Trykon
Words: 1623 + 1055 + 893 + 967 + 839 + 813 + 817 + 688 + 695 + 538 + 915 + 684 = 10,527
Words Per Post: 877.3

Name: Avalar
Words: 1934 + 2316 + 1392 + 1689 + 1204 + 1300 + 711 + 2488 = 13,034
Words Per Post: 1506.6

Name: Hades
Words: 1501 + 1111 + 1277 + 1448 + 1467 + 800 + 980 + 1501 + 2720 + 1232 + 1140 + 1209 + 1080 + 1167 + 1207 + 1215 + 1314 + 1036 = 23,411
Words Per Post: 1300.6

Name: DeepSix
Words: 824 + 1339 + 743 + 1165 + 1274 + 1223 + 1040 + 1059 + 896 = 10,459
Words Per Post: 1045.9

Name: Serpent
Words: 1226 + 1206 + 1289 + 1036 + 901 + 1156 + 1029 + 1264 + 1817 + 1539 + 1035 + 1287 + 924 + 1342 + 941 + 1155 + 1173 + 1134 + 1097 + 1214 + 880 + 1147 + 1076 + 1107 = 28,066
Words Per Post: 1169.4

Name: Cervidae
Words: 1390 + 1269 + 862 + 1103 + 1285 + 1203 + 1222 + 1505 = 9839
Words Per Post: 1229.9

Name: Joamer
Words: 1943 + 1203 + 1492 + 1273 + 1648 + 1660 + 858 + 948 + 2048 + 792 = 13,865
Words Per Post: 1386.5

Name: Twitch
Words: 1745 + 700 + 2311 = 4756
Words Per Post: 1585.3

Name: Xanin
Words: 833 + 943 + 839 + 716 + 555 = 3886
Words Per Post: 777.2

Name: Rikky
Words: 840
Words Per Post: 840

Name: Cabby
Words: 1569 + 1020 + 1065 + 1020 = 4674
Words Per Post: 1168.5

Name: Stormz
Words: 356 + 539 = 895
Words Per Post: 447.5

Name: Gurlanin
Words: 588 + 973 + 657 + 824 + 793 + 526 + 771 + 844 + 543 + 1092 + 742 + 600 = 8953
Words Per Post: 746.1

Name: Kilroy
Words: 814
Words Per Post: 814

Name: Sturmwind
Words: 774 + 767 = 1541
Words Per Post: 770.5

Name: Dunny
Words: 1280 + 1200 = 2480
Words Per Post: 1240

Name: Maroy
Words: 875 + 1122 + 613 = 2610
Words Per Post: 870

Total Posts: 124
Total Words: 139,929
Overall Words Per Post: 1128.5

Great stuff indeed!  We now have six people in the 10,000+ words club for this one - Trykon, Avalar, Hades, DeepSix, Joamer and myself!  Cervidae and Gurlanin, just a little more my friends and you will be there too!

Better yet, even after 124 posts, our average words per post is over 1100, which is over double the VE minimum of 500!  Amazing stuff!

Now, let's give it one last heave and bring this to a conclusion!

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:39:55 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 227  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >