Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  757
Total Posts:  1214
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
March 19, 2013 9:43:26 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
I've been a little out of it these last couple of days folks, sorry about that!  Work has been chaotic, but I hope to have my next post up in the next 24 hours or so!  Time for some cap ship to cap ship carnage!

And Trick, as soon as i work out an angle for the coming battle I'll be contacting ye about a ship to trash!
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  763
March 20, 2013 10:15:17 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay, my 20th post is up!  I have staked out a Nebulon-B, the Fearsome, to play with.  More chaos with that ship to come!
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  766
March 23, 2013 11:12:50 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Things have slowed down a bit lately, but this happens to every story.  Things will pick up soon enough and we can really get this one-sided hammering of our forces battle underway!

Always remember, folks, that even if you don't have any ideas for your own character, that NPC posts are totally fine!  Here's some ideas that I think may be interesting.  Feel free to have a try at these or any other NPC ideas you may have!

1) A Verpine slave of the Imperial Dominion.  The ID are using these poor fools to co-ordinate their battle, and are ensuring their co-operation by intimidating their hive queen.  How do the Verpine feel about this?  They are insectoids after all, and may have a totally strange and unique perspective on their situation.  Do they have any opinions about it, or is 'dont upset the Dominion soldier with a gun to my head' simply on their day's to-do list along with 'pick up groceries' and 'order that new holovid'?

2) A recently freed slave of the Imperial Dominion.  It was made clear in earlier posts that the base on Gwodd LK Nale was built using alien slaves.  Were any of these left behind when the VE took the place?  If so, how have they reacted?  Has the VE liberated them, or kept them incarcerated in case there are spies and double-agents hidden in their midst?  Do the slaves see the VE as heroes, or do they believe the VE to be just as bad as the Dominion?

3) Dominion naval personel.  Always bears repeating that, in a story like this, our enemies are merely reflections of us.  The Dominion wear our uniforms, pilot ships like ours, and even have similar medals.  Keep this in mind when writing for them.  Why are they with the ID and not us?  What really separates us?  Do they truly see us as the enemy, or are they would-be VE personnel but for being on the wrong ship when the Empire fragmented?  Aside from our pro-alien stance, there is not much difference!

Okay, that's just a few ideas for people.  Have a think and get posting!

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2579
Total Posts:  3784
March 26, 2013 8:39:40 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I really do adore having a brilliant XO. 

Everything Serpent said is right on: little slumps are nothing to worry about, and this story has plenty of plot hooks to allow for diverse NPC posts.  Let's get back to it, folks! 

I should have a short post up by the end of today.  Remember the story's subtitle, everybody, and start writing some deaths!
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  178
Total Posts:  757
March 26, 2013 10:28:52 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Aaaand I'm back! Yay!

Got some fighting going, though Grent's fighter is in a bad way. Will he survive? Find out next time on Counterpunch: DEATH!

(Spoiler Alert: He doesn't die.)
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)

"There's no way you're getting a quote from us to use in your signature."
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2588
March 26, 2013 5:07:12 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Lol @ the spoiler alert. 

Okay, folks: another quick post to give you all more information.  Most important in there: Trick's orders, if/when he can get them out to the fleet, are simply to retreat to Bloodmoon as carefully and methodically as we can.  There we can regroup, share with each other the "best practices" for dealing with the interference, and then return to relieve the force we leave behind on Gwodd LK nale.

The parameters are pretty well-established for this fight, now, and as Serpent pointed out, if you aren't feeling up to a PC post for whatever reason, there are also some rich NPC options to explore.  Let's swing back from this little slump we've collectively had, people, and stay on target to make this the most successful story in VEN history! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  771
March 27, 2013 9:10:44 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Glad you liked my suggestions, Trick!  And good to see you and Gur getting right back into things after your Leaves.

Now, alas, it is my turn to be on Leave.  I got up my 21st post just now (just a short one, but its something) and now I must take a break to sort stuff in RL.  See you all in a week or so!

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2595
March 27, 2013 6:47:30 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great one, Serpent!  You're just under 25k, for this story... I think you've earned a little break, man.  Good luck with all the changes, and we'll see you ASAP! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  197
April 1, 2013 7:57:38 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I plan to have a nice length post up soon from the POV of CR90 Defiance.

She's going to sustain injuries, but limp back to the fleet safely. Is the plan, at least ....

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2610
April 1, 2013 7:59:05 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Sounds good.  I think I'll dip into another POV for my next one, too.  Who to choose...

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Cabby
ComNet Novice

Cabby

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  50
Total Posts:  53
April 1, 2013 9:36:59 PM    View the profile of Cabby 
Gonna be returning tomorrow c:
FM/PO2 Cabby/Cobalt 7/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ W:101 "Blade"/ISD 'Adjudicator' TF:A/2FLT/SC/VEN/VE
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2612
April 2, 2013 3:38:56 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great to hear, Cabby!  We missed you! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  199
April 5, 2013 5:59:40 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Oh Tryk you cruel cruel being ....

I should have my post up later today. I am, however, off to get myself kitted out for motorbiking, so no promises.

(=TG=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2618
April 5, 2013 6:00:23 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ok, finally got another little one up.  It's another "history book from the future" POV, describing the first big VE capital ship to be destroyed in this battle: the Dreadnaught-class Peremptory.

Other info in that post: the comparatively open area (of the Sollamens Asteroid field) in which we're fighting is called the "Sahvoh Expanse," and history apparently refers to this skirmish as the "First Battle of the Pulsar," which suggests there will be at least one more after this one.

In order to get to that Second Battle of the Pulsar, though, we need to press on with this story!  I know we've hit a bit of a lull, generally, and I know that for some of us in particular it's a busy time of year, and that others of us are dealing with some pretty serious real life issues.  Trust me, I know personally how tough it can be to bang out 500 words, sometimes!  My life has decided to become a bit of a mess, this week, for example.

But, with that said, I'd like to ask everyone who CAN get a post up, to do so.  Momentum has a way of building upon itself, if we can just get it started.  Despite what's going on with me irl - or, indeed, because of it all - I'm going to try to post a few more short posts like this last one, to keep the story going, in the coming days.  Please, join me if/when you can. 

Sometimes, a few hundred words in a galaxy far, far away is as good as a tiny vacation, and every post gets us closer to this story's end.  And this story's end means promotions and awards, a bit of a rest, and then, the much-anticipated club-wide Chapter 9! 

EDIT: Good to hear, Gurlanin!  Have fun with the motorbikin', and can't wait to read your post! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 5, 2013 6:01:56 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  202
April 5, 2013 4:16:11 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Introducing the Defiance, one of the 2nd fleet's CR90 corvettes, designed for anti-starfighter and patrol duty. Here, we see her barely escape from the combat to a nearby asteroid field, sustaining damage in the process. The CO attempts to maintain order and return fire against the fighters and bomber sent to finish them off.

Only the beginning part of the Defiance's story. I will write more about her struggle later. She is now separated (partially) from the rest of the fleet. Will she make it? Will she retreat to hyperspace before the ID destroy her?

(=TG=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2619
April 5, 2013 6:00:01 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Oh, gosh, I hope they make it!  Defiance was my first command! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  398
Total Posts:  786
April 5, 2013 8:10:09 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
I am back from the grave. Goodness. I feel like I've been gone for ages.

Got a post up from Thatcher's POV. Nobody has really written about friendly fire yet and this battle calls for it. I left the info about which Strill peep was hit unspecified so that anyone can jump in with their take on it. My next post should be from Makenna's POV.

Sorry for the terribly long gap between posts. XD I know I apologize too much about stuff like that but I feel like it anyway.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2620
April 5, 2013 8:28:59 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I think everybody had a bit of a vacation to the grave, Avalar.    Good to see you (or is it undead you?) back! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2623
April 6, 2013 6:07:19 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Another one!  Let's try to wrap up this battle ASAP, folks, so we can move on in the storyline.  Get a couple combat posts up - even short ones - and then we'll transition to the last stage.

Oooh.  That was my 150th career story post. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 6, 2013 6:07:56 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  204
April 6, 2013 11:49:07 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I should hopefully have another Defiance post up soon. Today or tomorrow if all goes to plan.

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  400
April 6, 2013 12:20:44 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Now I get to decide which of my characters gets injured and when... I'll see about another post either today or tomorrow. Gurlanin, don't forget we need posts for Strill too
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  205
April 6, 2013 12:30:46 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I know! I haven't forgotten!

(=TG=)

Cabby
ComNet Novice

Cabby

Post Number:  52
Total Posts:  53
April 6, 2013 6:17:37 PM    View the profile of Cabby 
*blinks rapidly*
i have no idea what is happening.
FM/PO2 Cabby/Cobalt 7/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ W:101 "Blade"/ISD 'Adjudicator' TF:A/2FLT/SC/VEN/VE
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  206
April 6, 2013 6:29:06 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Wessa fighting da bombad ID!

(=TG=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2624
April 6, 2013 7:44:57 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Hey, Cabby.    Short(ish) version: We invaded the Sollamens Asteroids, and landed troops to take the big main asteroid base, Gwodd LK nale.  There was surprisingly little resistance from Dominion forces.  So, we landed a bunch of troops at the base, along with three squadrons (Strill included), while Second Fleet set out deeper into the asteroid field to force a confrontation with the ID fleet.

Then, the pulsar in the system went into its "active" period of its regular cycle, spitting out a ton of EM radiation, scrambling communications and sensors.  Blind, mute, and deaf, Second Fleet is now being attacked by the remaining strength of the Dominion Navy.

So, write about how horrible/surprising it is to fight in those circumstances, and eventually, either realize the Fleet wants to retreat, or else just make the decision to return to the Adjudicator yourself.  When we've been sufficiently bloodied, we'll retreat, temporarily leaving our people on Gwodd LK nale alone to face counterinvasion.  Clear? 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  401
April 6, 2013 8:07:43 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
And Strill gets to be left on that damn asteroid. Beautiful. XD

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2626
April 6, 2013 8:21:42 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
  Temporarily!  It's for the drama factor!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  208
April 7, 2013 4:58:29 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Or you're trying to bump us all off ...

(=TG=)

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  210
April 7, 2013 1:58:21 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
And my 10th post is up, again from the Defiance's POV. I've left the actual ships that make up the ID task force mentioned in my post out, mainly because I'm not sure what ships the ID have, and also to let someone else write about them if they have certain ships in mind.

I will get a Strill/Grent POV post up soon, but I'm rather enjoying writing the Defiance story ... maybe I became a starfighter pilot to hastily? :P

(=TG=)

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2630
April 8, 2013 2:13:14 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Nice ones, Gurlanin and Maroy.

Gur, one quick distinction: Morse code doesn't exist, in the Star Wars milieu.  There's "blink" codes and "flash" codes, that are clearly stand-ins for Morse, but no Morse itself.  It's not a huge deal, but if you have the inclination, it might be a worthwhile edit to substitute something else for the proper noun Morse.

Other than that, great post, which'll transition nicely into my next one. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:52:05 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 80  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >