Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  884
Total Posts:  997
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
March 3, 2013 1:24:45 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
All is well someone is posting soon. I'll let you guess who.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Chief Warrant Officer, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|CWO Joamer|Iron One|Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC:P] [CC:W] [SoV] [LoM] [E]
In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2499
Total Posts:  3784
March 3, 2013 10:39:43 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Just call me Azor Ahai.  Captain of the ISD Lightbringer. 

Just getting back from my weekend away, folks.  Lemme check in, and maybe I'LL post... Probably not yet, though.  I'm le tired. 
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  360
Total Posts:  786
March 6, 2013 3:12:00 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
And I have posted. Still heavy in CD. Until the battle happens, there's not much else I feel I can do on that front >.>

Also, for the people who read my posts, I'd like to get some constructive criticism. Too much of the time I feel I get a "good job" but not enough people are willing to tell me if there's something I need to change or should consider changing.

Therefore, I ask all of you who read my posts to freely message me and give me your thoughts on my writing. I personally want to get better, and I want to hear people's opinions on what I do. Be brutally honest. I can take it.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  724
Total Posts:  1214
March 6, 2013 7:33:19 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
That's a great attitude Avalar!  The writing in this club is great, but there is always some way we can get better (if we were perfect writers we'd all be signing book deals with Random House right about now!).

Also, for anyone applying to the DJO, it is best to get used to constructive criticism.  So yes, if you want specific feedback, let it be known as Avalar has done!
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2519
March 6, 2013 8:13:12 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
/me waves his hand.

I am not here...

Just popped in to jump off of what Serpent said: the quality of writing around here is astonishingly high, especially since the Navy reforms began about 2 years ago.  Higher standards, introduced gradually and intelligently, have inspired everyone to get better, rather than forcing people out.  You guys are collectively writing at a level far exceeding expectations, and I'm really, really proud of all of you.

But what makes you even more impressive, and indeed, what allows the bar to always rise a little higher (and what therefore makes the Navy more and more like the DJO every day), is what Avalar just asked for: earnest, respectful critique of your fellow members' work.  If someone asks, please: offer your criticisms of their writing.  For now, it's best to keep the discussions private, and on-demand only; giving constructive criticism is a skill, as is graciously accepting critiques.  But, please, I can't encourage such exchanges enough. 

/me waves hand again.

Remember my words, not my presence.  Carry on.

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  726
March 8, 2013 8:08:40 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Working on an Imperial Dominion NPC post right now, so will post in the next 12 hours.

However, just a heads up.  As I feared it would be, March is proving to be a pretty hectic month for me.  My activity is probably going to diminish, but for now I am still around and still posting.  If things get worse (as, towards the end of the month, I expect they will ) I may declare myself on leave for a week or two to get things sorted.
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  166
Total Posts:  757
March 8, 2013 8:14:21 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
It seems a lot of people around here are going to be busy this month, eh?

I'm sure I've said it before, and I'll say it again (not trying to be too big for my boots here):

If anyone wants a certain storyline, or post, or whatever, written, but they don't have the time to do it, I'm more than willing. All I'd need is some details about the people involved, and what you'd like to happen, and I'll go knock something together. :P

Other than that ... when's the fighting going to start?
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)

"There's no way you're getting a quote from us to use in your signature."
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  917
Total Posts:  1245
March 8, 2013 8:21:12 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I'll have a post up in the next few hours. VENI post.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  920
March 8, 2013 10:25:21 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Well, there's my 15th post up! (I think it's 15th)

No medals for the person who can guess the reference in my last paragraph..

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  728
March 9, 2013 12:52:47 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Indeed that was your 15th, Hades, and I just made my 15th too!

We are now at 84 posts, my friends, and as ever I am keeping a careful eye on the stats.  Come the 100 post mark I shall paste them here for all to see!

As for your question, Gurlanin, I have a feeling that the action will be coming soon!

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  924
March 9, 2013 12:54:44 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Damn you, Serpent! Begone! I shall have the highest post count in this story

Just kidding, I'm loving your ID subplot so far!

VENI

-- Hades

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  732
March 10, 2013 11:38:48 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay people, IT IS TIME!!!!

Trick has given me permission to kick this story into its final phase, so I have done.

The pulsar has gone active and the Vast Empire has lost communications and sensors.  Using Verpine slaves with telepathy, the Imperial Dominion has the ability to co-ordinate, and they have now struck against our force at Gwodd LK Nale.

There is no way to give orders, so there are none.  All co-ordination across the Second Fleet has broken down so we are all quite truly on our own.  Do what you feel your characters would do in a crisis!

That said, let's keep up the discssion on our threads.  Just because our characters are not talking does not mean we shouldn't.  We will need to talk to know where everyone is and what we are all doing, so our stories don't end up contradicting each other.

Let's get to the combat!

Cabby
ComNet Novice

Cabby

Post Number:  45
Total Posts:  53
March 11, 2013 1:24:53 AM    View the profile of Cabby 
I'm having some major back issues right now, which has put a halt to my plan to post tonight. But I'm planing on posting in the morning
FM/PO2 Cabby/Cobalt 7/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ W:101 "Blade"/ISD 'Adjudicator' TF:A/2FLT/SC/VEN/VE
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  733
March 11, 2013 9:43:18 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Almost forgot, the list of enemy ships!

Just to be clear, this is the exact same fleet we fought at the Bloodmoon in Counterpunch: War.  For sake of simplicity here is the Imperial Dominion strength as it was at the end of that battle (minus Captain Vrail's Scythe with is now being used in the VENI subplot at Tilsec Prime):

ISD I Virulent
ISD I Reactionary - Flagship, Captain Ramius Raizo
VicStar2 Bombastic
VicStar2 Ravisher - Commander Rand Ilusan
VicStar2 Punisher
VicStar2 Rager
6 unnamed Nebulon-Bs
2 unnamed Lancers
1 unnamed Enforcer
1 unnamed Tartans
3 unnamed CR90s

Any other questions just post here or PM me!

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  946
March 11, 2013 9:45:39 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Just to clarify -- Vrail's Scythe was destroyed in the Battle for Bloodmoon; sabotaged by Hades.

He now commands the Bombastic, which has been sent back to Tilsec Prime due to its poor state of repair

VENI

-- Hades

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  168
Total Posts:  757
March 11, 2013 2:35:56 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Do all ships with fighters have full compliments?
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)

"There's no way you're getting a quote from us to use in your signature."
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2528
March 11, 2013 2:42:29 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great question.  And the answer is no!  The ID cap ships will NOT have full fighter contingents.  They're hurting in the starfighter department, with many vacancies, and many standard TIEs.

I should be back soon, folks.    Great posts, everyone.  And thanks for picking up the baton, Serpent... couldn't have written it better myself.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  734
March 11, 2013 8:00:06 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Thanks Trick!  Glad you approve!

And sorry about the confusion there, Hades.  I thought it looked a bit wrong as I typed it, but I was kind of in a rush to get to work!  My bad!

I am now working on my next post.  Let's get to the combat chaos my friends!

Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  422
Total Posts:  438
March 11, 2013 10:11:12 PM    View the profile of Dunny 
I'll handle some NPC posts from the 128th's perspective, and maybe introduce a new enemy Squadron as well just for Death.

Stay tuned.
FM|MCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt Twelve|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  956
March 12, 2013 2:31:38 PM    View the profile of Hades 
No problem, Serpent!

Dunny, please run it by me before you post an engagement between Chlovi and further enemy squadrons and we should be fine!

Aaand with my 16th post, Chlovi joins the fray - possibly the first of the VE forces to actually enter into an exchange with enemy forces. We're up against standard TIEs, so this might be deceptively easy

ORDERS: Chlovi, you are currently locked in a battle with 12 TIE fighters. They're completely standard, without shields and without ace status. Easy pickings, huh? Not really. They've trained day in and day out to coordinate amongst themselves without communications and sensors, whereas Chlovi is quite blind. You'll be able to out fly them, but will definitely have trouble adapting.. though I hear we're good with non-verbal communications 

In any case, engage and destroy the 12 TIE fighters within this gap in the asteroid field. Protect your wingman, and make sure to note just how difficult you're finding being put to the test this harshly after such a sudden transition from a lazy recon flight.

VENI

-- Hades

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  738
March 12, 2013 8:30:28 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Loving the activity folks!  Can't wait to see this battle really take off!

Just some quick update on the stats to help motivate you all.  I will post the complete figures when we hit 100 posts, but that's currently only 10 away!

Notable achievements are that we are now past 100,000 words!  Also, one of our number (coughHadescough) has alone passed the 20,000 word mark!  And the current overall words per post average is over 1100!

Brilliant work, everyone!  We are definitely on course to our goal of making this the biggest Naval story EVER!!!

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  960
March 12, 2013 8:51:49 PM    View the profile of Hades 
20,000 words? I have no life..

VENI

-- Hades

Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  747
March 16, 2013 4:36:19 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Hey, its okay to have 20,000 words!  I've just hit 21,000 in fact!

A slow ComNet was not going to distract me from making my 18th post.  I have moved on just a little from my last one, as the two fleets rush to engage each other.

I've also included in my post Serpent's suggestion for a crude way around the coms problem, and thats an infra-red flash code.  Its slow but it might work (especially on capital ships who can devote people to de-coding the dashes and dots).

Also, some may notice that my last post contained my second reference to most of the Brilliant's Stormtroopers being down on Gwodd LK Nale.  This, of course, is directly tied to my upcoming 'board the Brilliant' subplot....

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  985
March 16, 2013 4:45:36 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Question: Does the Virulent have a Captain yet? If not I'll introduce an NPC in my next post.

VENI

-- Hades

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2556
March 16, 2013 4:50:32 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great post, Serpent!  And, you beat me to it, with the battle board.  My inspiration was from Nimitz-class carriers, where they use a system of bolts and washers to track conditions (kind of like a tabletop rpg tracks status effects!), which is I'm sure where BSG got the idea. 

Hades, I THINK the Virulent's SCAP is as yet undescribed.  Might be wrong, but I can't recall anyone naming, let alone characterizing, that particular NPC.  So you should be clear to do so yourself. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  987
March 16, 2013 7:24:46 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Thanks Trick.

Thought I could get a post up tomorrow, but given that my brain's pretty much been reduced to half-depressed mush by a recent event, I'm afraid it might not be up for a few days.

VENI

-- Hades

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2560
March 16, 2013 9:16:42 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Seems to be loading a little quicker, now...

Anyway, I posted again.  I know they aren't top quality nor particularly long, but hopefully my occasional check-ins to the story are at least offering plenty of prompts for you guys. 

This one adds one main new tidbit of info: what the bad guys are going to try to do, during this next bit of story.  They want to destroy as many of our ships as possible, sure, but they want to do it methodically, in a way that shows us that they know how to overcome the Pulsar's active periods.  They want to break our will.  So they're going to target our weakest, most vulnerable ships, and gang up on those, destroying them one at a time while we flail about uncertainly.  Probably not going to be fun, for our PCs.

Anyway, if you want to write about any of our ships getting killed, PM me, and we'll work out which ones to destroy together. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  756
March 17, 2013 8:25:31 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Woohoo!  Counterpunch: Death now has 99 replies, so that means we are at the 100 post mark!

The stats are amazing, and everyone should feel really proud of what we have achieved so far.  I truly believe that we can achieve our goal of making this the biggest Naval story ever!

(All names are listed in order of appearance)

Name: Trykon
Words: 1623 + 1055 + 893 + 967 + 839 + 813 + 817 + 688 = 7695
Words Per Post: 961.9

Name: Avalar
Words: 1934 + 2316 + 1392 + 1689 + 1204 + 1300 = 9835
Words Per Post: 1639.2

Name: Hades
Words: 1501 + 1111 + 1277 + 1448 + 1467 + 800 + 980 + 1501 + 2720 + 1232 + 1140 + 1209 + 1080 + 1167 + 1207 + 1215 + 1314 = 22,375
Words Per Post: 1316.2

Name: DeepSix
Words: 824 + 1339 + 743 + 1165 + 1274 + 1223 + 1040 + 1059 = 9563
Words Per Post: 1083.4

Name: Serpent
Words: 1226 + 1206 + 1289 + 1036 + 901 + 1156 + 1029 + 1264 + 1817 + 1539 + 1035 + 1287 + 924 + 1342 + 941 + 1155 + 1173 + 1134 + 1097 = 22,642 
Words Per Post: 1191.7

Name: Cervidae
Words: 1390 + 1269 + 862 + 1103 + 1285 + 1203 + 1222 + 1505 = 9839
Words Per Post: 1229.9

Name: Joamer
Words: 1943 + 1203 + 1492 + 1273 + 1648 + 1660 = 9219
Words Per Post: 1536.5

Name: Twitch
Words: 1745 + 700 + 2311 = 4756
Words Per Post: 1585.3

Name: Xanin
Words: 833 + 943 + 839 + 716 = 3331
Words Per Post: 832.7

Name: Rikky
Words: 840
Words Per Post: 840

Name: Cabby
Words: 1569 + 1020 + 1065 + 1020 = 4674
Words Per Post: 1168.5

Name: Stormz
Words: 356 + 539 = 895
Words Per Post: 447.5

Name: Gurlanin
Words: 588 + 973 + 657 + 824 + 793 + 526 + 771 = 5132
Words Per Post: 733

Name: Kilroy
Words: 814
Words Per Post: 814

Name: Sturmwind
Words: 774 + 767 = 1541
Words Per Post: 770.5

Name: Dunny
Words: 1280 + 1200 = 2480
Words Per Post: 1240

Name: Maroy
Words: 875
Words Per Post: 875

Total Posts: 100
Total Words: 115,785
Overall Words Per Post: 1157.85

Truly impressive stuff, my friends!  Let's keep it up!

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  379
Total Posts:  786
March 17, 2013 9:03:18 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Well, this clearly means that we should participate in NaNoWriMo together and we'll be more than fine.

Now I've got to heighten my word count just because.... I want to raise my average >.>
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2568
March 17, 2013 9:06:23 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I know, Avalar! 

Seriously well done, people.  Let's keep pushin' to make this the number one story of all time!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:23:51 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 164  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >