Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ << 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  799
Total Posts:  1214
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
April 27, 2013 6:03:13 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Gurlanin you genius!  You used Dha Werda Verda?  I love Mandos!  I have got to go read this...
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Romanflame
ComNet Cadet

Romanflame

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  240
Total Posts:  266
April 27, 2013 7:57:21 PM    View the profile of Romanflame 
I've made my first official post since my return.  I did leave it open for two ships to have fun with a few new medical supplies and some staff as well.
SCAP/ESGN Arthur 'Romanflame' Dragon/CR-90 Hammer/TF:Besh/2nd FLT/VEN/VE
[MC2][MC:1] [CBV][SoL][CO][IG](CAR)
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  801
April 27, 2013 9:04:08 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Awesome Roman, welcome to the story!

My 28th post is now up, and the Second Battle of Sollamens has officially began!  For now we still have coms and sensors, but the Dominion fleet is fighting conservatively, waiting for the Pulsar to go active again.

Right now I have the Brilliant engaged with two CR-90s, called the Venom Maw and the Alestris, but rival VSD Ravisher is about to get involved.  The action is getting intense!
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx2]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  919
Total Posts:  997
April 27, 2013 11:41:14 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Unless our rather smelly Wookie stumbles inside our perimeter Strill won't be out looking for him. We have no clue he is even on this asteroid so there would be no scouting parties out and about. If he comes up to the sentries then something can happen but unless that happens we don't even know he's here.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Chief Warrant Officer, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|CWO Joamer|Iron One|Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC:P] [CC:W] [SoV] [LoM] [E]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Templar
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2690
Total Posts:  3784
April 27, 2013 11:49:56 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I don't think anyone would expect a starfighter squadron to go through enemy lines on the ground, especially without any motivation whatsoever.  So, yeah, I'm not expecting you guys to bring StOrMz back. 
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  434
Total Posts:  786
April 27, 2013 11:53:25 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
As much fun as rescuing Stormz would be, I do agree that we shouldn't. Do the squadrons even know where Stormz is let alone the fleet? By this time I've forgotten who knows what.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]

TRN | UNI Zarya | VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2692
April 27, 2013 11:58:50 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Nobody in the VE knows where he is (I sound like C3PO on Hoth).  We think he's either been taken to Tilsec Prime, meaning we have to break through at the Sollamens to go get him, or that he's still on Gwodd LK nale in the tunnels, meaning we still have to win at the Sollamens to rescue him.  Either way, most VE forces have greater priorities at the moment.  And anyway, that plotline is the responsibility of Serpent and StOrMz himself, and I have every confidence they'll wrap it up brilliantly; everyone else can focus on what they were already doing.

Everybody on the same page?

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  435
April 28, 2013 12:07:16 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
On the same page now, yes. Thank you, Tryk.

In light of that, our main priority is to fight the forces now surrounding us. I believe Joamer will write a post with orders for us. Thankfully now that the pulsar is down, the coms are back up for the moment and coordinating that portion of it will be easier.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

TRN | UNI Zarya | VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  250
Total Posts:  757
April 28, 2013 6:06:34 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ah, I think I get it now. Thank you Tryk.
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)
Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  614
Total Posts:  718
April 28, 2013 11:22:28 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
Just a quick off-topic thing: All of the VEN-related IRC channels lost their registration through disuse, so I went ahead and snatched them up just in case. Hop on if you own one of the channels and I'll restore your Ops.

Back on topic: I'll try to get a post up today, assuming I can get in touch with any of Chlovi's leadership.
FM/WO2/Maroy/Cobalt 5/S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG]x2 [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC:P]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2696
April 28, 2013 11:25:24 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I was wondering what happened... just checked irc, and everything was empty.

Hades is on the far side of the world, but I'm sure he'd love for you to post, Maroy.  As long as you aren't planning anything too out of the ordinary, I'd say just go for it!

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  436
April 28, 2013 11:34:25 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
It's kind of weird to see that, whereas War was mainly Chlovi and barely Strill, now we have basically all Strill and no Chlovi.

If I find extra time and you guys want some NPCs written on that side, I'd be willing to help fill in some gaps for you.

TRN | UNI Zarya | VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2699
April 29, 2013 4:13:16 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Faster and faster, we near the end!

Great posts, everyone!  This is it: the climax of a four-story arc!

Let's cause some mayhem, and wrap up Counterpunch in style!

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  252
April 29, 2013 8:26:09 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Am I right in thinking that Avalar isn't able to fly currently? If so, who's Besh acting flight leader?

Also, with ancillary skills, I've done the ground attack one. Does that make Gurlanin better than the rest of his squadron (who haven't done it) at strafing and the like?

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2701
April 29, 2013 8:28:27 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Try not to think of it so much in terms of comparisons, but yes, having completed the ancillary skill, you are considered a "skilled" ground attacker.  So have at those Dominion scum! 

The other question Avvie or Joa will have to answer.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  438
April 29, 2013 11:30:31 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Notice that I purposefully hit her non dominant hand. Yes it's going to hurt to fly, however, it does not make it impossible. Should she not be flying regardless? Probably not, but she's gonna try anyway even if it turns out she has to land soon else end up dead.

And who says that the NPC's haven't done it? Point is, as Tryk said, don't think of it as comparisons. Frankly, even if certs/skills have been completed, the point of Death as I see it is that, even with training, this place is chaos. Some training will hold and some won't, especially for those who have been trained well but have never been in a war situation before.

TRN | UNI Zarya | VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  253
April 29, 2013 12:37:12 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I wasn't thinking of it as a comparison, but more of a "Am I allowed to have my character do something pretty well, for once", but if you're going to be like that, then fine ...

It beggars the question: why do we have ancillary skills if the people who don't bother to do them ignore it when others have spent time and effort writing them? Where do we draw the line?

(=TG=)
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  439
April 29, 2013 1:00:28 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Gur, I'm not saying that your character can't be good at something. I'm just stating how I am personally handling it. Tryk is right. You have the skill and so you are skilled at it. You have every right to write that way.

So as Tryk said, have at it!

TRN | UNI Zarya | VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  255
April 29, 2013 1:03:06 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
..... prepare to be underwhelmed.

Also, sending you a PM Av. Don't want to clog this thread up with minor matters.

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2702
April 29, 2013 2:14:20 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Gurlanin, I'll reiterate: focus on your writing/character, and try not to worry so much about whether others are getting "unfair advantages."  It's part of my job, as the story's CO, to make sure people are following the "rules" of our little RPG, and yes, part of that is abiding by the skills/certs system.  But I know my job, and I'm fairly good at it.  Leave enforcement to me, okay?

Yes, the Ancillary Skills and Certifications programs DO matter, and as I said, the fact that you have completed Ground Attack means your character WILL be good at it.  Yes, folks who haven't completed the skill shouldn't be able to excel at that task in-story, yet.  But you are all still going to TRY.  Even a mediocre strafing run is going to be more useful, under the circumstances, than a dead-shot with a blaster on the ground, I think is the thinking.

I sense a little frustration in your last couple posts.  Please, re-read what we've written (Avalar and me): we're not mad, and we're not trying to take anything away from you or your accomplishments OOC.  We're just trying to turn your thinking from negative to positive.  And give this story the best IC ending we can. 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited April 29, 2013 2:15:20 PM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  256
April 29, 2013 2:21:51 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
/me holds hands up

Not trying to take anyone's job or anything! Just expressing my opinion ...

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2703
April 29, 2013 2:33:13 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I know, buddy.    I'm pretty secure in my job, at the moment.  I was just trying to say: it's covered.

Try to have fun, taking full advantage of the prep work you've done by completing skills and certs, rather than being the guy at the DnD table who's constantly taking out the rulebook, paging through looking for ways the other players are messing up (to use a metaphor).  There are orcs to slay!

I mean, there's a Dominion to kill! 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  257
April 29, 2013 2:35:35 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
But I like rules .....

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2704
April 29, 2013 2:44:38 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Hehe.  I can tell. 

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with that guy at the DnD table!  Everyone has different priorities when they play role-playing games.  But when the DM steps in and says, "enough, let's move on," it's time to move on.

Which is more or less where we are now. 

Your play style is just as valid - and as valuable - as anybody else's, Gur.  But that's the point: some other people aren't as particular about the rpg-style details of the club, and some see this more as a collaborative storytelling club rather than a play-by-post rpg, and they're all "right," too, same as you.  All viewpoints are lovely, and we just have to get along.  That's accomplished mostly by the gamemaster-type folks (in the VE, that role if played by the officers) striking a balance.

As one o' those types, I absolutely hear your concern, and I will do my best to make sure the rules are applied well, in this case. 

"Trust me!" (I'm quoting Han Solo a lot, today, for some reason...)

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  807
April 30, 2013 4:59:09 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay, I am working on my next post.  At what point does the Pulsar become active again, or shall I move us on to that myself?

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  258
April 30, 2013 5:01:42 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
If you could wait a post for the pulsar to come online. I need comms.

(=TG=)
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  259
April 30, 2013 5:02:35 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Alternatively, you could write the pulsar coming back online from your POV, and I'll stick it on the end of mine. Either works for me.

(=TG=)
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  808
April 30, 2013 5:13:59 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
I can wait, my friend, no probs!

Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  260
April 30, 2013 5:20:20 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Thank you. You shouldn't have to wait too long :P

(=TG=)
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  261
April 30, 2013 5:45:51 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Apologies for making you guys wait. Having some trouble with my computer. Doesn't want to work properly for me. Should have a post up tomorrow early PM (BST) at the latest.

(=TG=)
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:10:27 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 55  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >