Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  854
Total Posts:  1245
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
February 28, 2013 3:56:54 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Well, Trick, that was some of the most awesome dogfighting I've seen to date. Maybe it's just the scenario that gave me the shivers but the fact stands - I loved the post. The reference to Top Gun might have helped, too

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Gurlanin
ComNet Novice

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  94
Total Posts:  757
February 28, 2013 4:01:35 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I feel the need: the need for a post from the G-ster.

I hope to get a post of my own up soon. Just a quick question about the numbers first.

2 squadrons of TIEs
7 Avenegers
1 Defender
1 Phantom

Is that correct?
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}
(=TG=)

Retreat ....... Hell! We just got here!
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2470
Total Posts:  3784
February 28, 2013 4:13:19 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
6 Avengers.  Other than that, you're right on.

And Hades, it must just be the Top Gun inserts.    Not really much actual description of the dogfight at all, in there!
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
[This message has been edited by Trick (edited February 28, 2013 4:14:40 AM)]
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  393
Total Posts:  438
February 28, 2013 4:21:23 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
*Calmly and quietly steps into the Sim queue*

I'd like to test my ability against you next, sir.
FM|MCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt Twelve|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2471
February 28, 2013 4:28:50 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ha.  No time in this story, but I do miss the cockpit sometimes.  It's certainly a possibility. 

One thing, though, folks: I forgot that I'm going away this weekend to the mountains with some friends.  That means I won't have internet access on Saturday.  Which throws a wrench in my plan to do the invasion of the Sollamens post on Saturday morning.

So, we have a few options, now:

1.) I move the story on by FRIDAY morning (my time), giving us just slightly more than 32 hours to wrap up the CD storylines we're workin' on, starting right now.
2.) I delay, and move the story on by MONDAY morning, giving us all weekend to finish up this stage/rest before the next stage.
3.) I delegate the moving-on post to my incredibly competent Fleet XO, Serpent.  Assuming he's around this weekend, HE can post on Saturday.

Okay.  So, everyone can feel free to weigh in on this decision here, but I'm most interested in hearing from the SCOs, Serpent, and Grey, to make sure whatever we do fits with all of their plans.

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  855
Total Posts:  1245
February 28, 2013 4:32:59 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Hmm.. Right now all I need is one or two more posts that move us forward for Chlovi to be ready for action. Personally, I'd prefer the Friday option but am just as happy either way

And re: your  post, I don't know what it was, I just got great imagery from it.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  709
Total Posts:  1214
February 28, 2013 7:11:18 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Well my storylines, both general ship-wise and my contribution to the kidnapping, are all up to date and ready to go.  And I am pretty sure that VENI are doing fine (and their subplot is not really tied to the timing of the Sollamens battle, so their progress is kind of irrelevant to this discussion).  So really, whenever the 'attack post' goes up I for one am fine.  I can't speak for the squadrons, of course

I would love to be able to post on your behalf, but alas I am away this weekend.  Sorry man, no can help!

So basically, I am, alas, useless to this discussion.  When best to post is entirely in the hands of the SFC.
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AO]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2472
February 28, 2013 7:20:17 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ah, okay, Serpent.  That means option 3 is out.  Hmmm...

I guess I'll plan on moving us forward by tomorrow morning, then, unless Joamer/Avalar chimes in with major objections.  Timing being what it is, I'd rather we get to the next stage sooner than later.

Yikes.  That means I have to actually write the post in the next day, though.    Here goes...

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  341
Total Posts:  786
February 28, 2013 10:59:39 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
My personal opinion is to delay it, but the VE doesn't work on my time. Joamer says to go ahead with the Friday morning option. We'll get things done somehow, even if it means employing Strill to actually write something. Wouldn't that be nice...

I'd write the damn posts myself, but I think Hades and Joamer can vouch for why I've been holding off on writing a post. I've sort of been ordered off the com temporarily due to RL stuff.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2476
February 28, 2013 4:10:53 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Sorry to hear, Avvie.  Take it easy.  And my plan at this moment is to do option 1, but write the post in such a way as there's some wiggle room for people to post about events that happen before my post (IC) for a while after I post.  If that makes sense.  We'll see.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  108
February 28, 2013 4:13:42 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Currently, I'm aiming for posting my NPC delivering the message spiel in around 13 hours or so. 1000 Zulu.

Is this ok?

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Retreat ....... Hell! We just got here!
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2477
February 28, 2013 4:17:41 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Yeah, that should work, Gurlanin.  Just means I have to actually have MY post written by then.    But that's on me.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  109
February 28, 2013 4:18:24 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Kewl beans

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

"This... is an ex-enemy."
-RC-1262 ("Scorch")
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2484
March 1, 2013 2:45:13 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Posted again.  This is NOT the official "move-the-story-on" post, which'll be up in a few hours.  Just my character's POV of recent events.

Also, something I noticed while writing: Joamer, Strill is facing two squadrons of regular, good old-fashioned TIE fighters in the exercise.  NOT Interceptors.

And, Gurlanin: I upped the rank of the NPC character you came up with for your post to something a little more fitting.  He's an Ensign, now.  Make sure to reflect that change in your edited version of the post you've been workin' on.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  114
March 1, 2013 3:46:03 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
An hour earlier than originally planned, sorry if I've mucked up anything, but either way, the message is delivered.

I do believe that things are about to get exciting.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

"This... is an ex-enemy."
-RC-1262 ("Scorch")
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2487
March 1, 2013 3:58:03 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Okay, Gurlanin. 

Everybody, post now if you have last-minute things you want to do.  In a couple hours, I'm posting to jump us to the Sollamens. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Twitch
ComNet Novice

Twitch

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  30
March 1, 2013 4:05:19 AM    View the profile of Twitch 
Feeling about 65% so will be pushing out a few posts.

Firday is my big test over the stuff I learned about HAZMAT this week and the MSgt promises it to be just as hard as our study exercises have been.
The test out of the way will hopfully help with the tired thing however, still gonna be on "sick status" till I feel at least 80% so the posts I push out are gonna be less than my best.

Per request from Sam I will be posting the actual conversation between Twitch and Dunny tonight and as I am trying to not study and need the distraction and I think my pacing was getting on his nerves...
FM/PO2/Twitch/B-4/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ 101: Blade/ ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE/[SoA][MID][SOV][CC:1]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2488
March 1, 2013 4:07:28 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Well, if it's helpful with the procrastination, we're always happy to see more posts.    But don't push yourself too hard, Twitch.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Twitch
ComNet Novice

Twitch

Post Number:  26
March 1, 2013 4:23:00 AM    View the profile of Twitch 
welp, never mind

gonna go to bed and i'll post the conversation isn't finished and I'll post it in the aftermath thread for anyone who wants to read it.

Will try to not push my self...I'm really bad like that though, if yall haven't learned yet lol.

anyways, night.
FM/PO2/Twitch/B-4/ S:50 "Chlovi"/ 101: Blade/ ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE/[SoA][MID][SOV][CC:1]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2489
March 1, 2013 4:25:04 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Meh.  If/when you finish the post, you can still post it to Counterpunch: Death... just start it with "before the invasion" or some such. 

Take care of yourself; goodnight.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2494
March 1, 2013 8:34:06 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Phew.  Three posts in a day, each over 800 words.  Haven't done that in a while.

I'm afraid quality starts dropping off, the more I wrote, but those should give you all the general idea of what's next. 

If you have questions, ask 'em here, and I'll try to answer before I go away for the weekend.

Generally, though: take this weekend to cover the initial arrival at the Sollamens, and the eerie lack of action that happens.  When I'm back next week, we'll focus on the next stage, when most of the Fleet goes hunting and gets ambushed, while Strill and the ground troops find the tunnels and... well, get ambushed. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  715
March 1, 2013 8:47:52 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Just got caught up on the story!  Great stuff there, everyone!  And Trick, I am so glad that Colonel Mern is turning out to be a useful villain!

(in case any are wondering, Mern is just a letter of the Auresh alphabet.  Basically the letter 'M'.  So yeah, me, a Brit and James Bond fan, thought 'intelligence chief' and named the character the Star Wars equivalent of 'M'.  So shoot me!)

When I get back from my weekend away I shall get cracking on a post for the non-event invasion.  It'll just be some CD.

Probably just 500 words of Serpent crying in a corner over the fiasco he has just let happen....
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AO]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2496
March 1, 2013 9:09:51 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Yeah.  I don't know how Trick's gonna react to Serpent's failure... most interesting.

And yeah, I guess I was bouncing off the M reference when I threw in Star Wars versions of the D-Day and H-Hour terms.    Aurebesh soup!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2497
March 1, 2013 9:12:15 AM    View the profile of Trykon 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  116
March 1, 2013 11:15:31 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Seeing as Strill are going to do ground work, are we going to be wearing the Storm Commando armour, or our regular flight suits?

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

"Don't call me sir! I work for a living ..."
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  118
March 1, 2013 2:05:39 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I assumed they would wear commando armour, and have posted a short 'Grent's POV' post, to assist in setting the scene.

If I'm wrong, let me know, and I shall edit it.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

"Don't call me sir! I work for a living ..."
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  717
March 1, 2013 4:33:58 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay, next post is up!  Mostly just some CD as I chronicle Serpent's fall from grace even more.  And trust me, things are going to get much worse for my character as this battle goes on!

Just some encouraging stats for you all right now.  At time of writing 15 different people have posted to the story in the last 7 days.  A total of 32 posts have been made in the same time frame.  And Counterpunch: Death is now ranked 24 on the biggest stories of all time list!

Keep up the amazing work, everyone!

(as an amusing aside to any of you who like Song of Ice and Fire, in the first draught of my latest post I accidently capitalised the 'O' in 'others', to read that Trick planned to have Others rescue Stormz.  Now wouldn't that be a sight!)

Twitch
ComNet Novice

Twitch

Post Number:  27
March 1, 2013 5:30:46 PM    View the profile of Twitch 
Now that would be entertaining indeed. Our vice commander has powerful friends indeed if he could pull that off.
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  737
Total Posts:  973
March 3, 2013 9:40:16 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Someone go ahead and post already...
WC/LCDR DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

Consultant/LCDR DeepSix/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/AD DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  349
Total Posts:  786
March 3, 2013 10:08:34 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
If you can tell my college to hold off on all homework ever, I would be happy to post.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:40:03 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 135  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >