Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  2710
Total Posts:  3342
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
December 19, 2008 1:30:09 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Jester and Blackjack took off side by side, running in standard two by two squad formation. The boots of their standard stormtrooper armor clickety-clacked on the duracrete streets which at the time were relatively vacant. Scattered here and there were the bodies of local militia and police. A fly by glance revealed they weren't killed by blaster fire, but rather their bodies were contorted in strange positions; heads were twisted 180 degrees, limbs tangled in a horrifying and gruesome manner, others still were torn to ribbons. Emperor's black bones...

"Angel, you see those?" A voice crackled through his helmet's comlink. The mechanical tone all voices took over the comm systems disguised the voice, but he knew it wasn't from his squad. He glanced over to see Tanus, the BlackJack Squad Leader, turning to look at him.

"Yeah, seems odd none of them were shot." He replied, gripping his StA-52 a bit tighter. He could sense the anxiety radiating from his squad as they took in the mutilated corpses as well.

Tanus answered quickly. "Any ideas on who...or what...did this to them?"

"None, but at least we're on the right track." Angel's voice was calm and unwavering, tribute to having been in this situation too many times before. Unknown enemy, unknown numbers, unexplained deaths. It was a never ending story, stained with the blood of innocent civilians and soldiers alike. And he was getting damn tired of it. All he could do now was hope that the combined might of the two squads was enough to overcome what they came up against down the road. As for himself, a quick dip on the bacta tank after his debriefing had the shoulder working again, but he was still far from 100%.

The rest of the squad had remained strangely silent at the bloody images, and only the rhythmic sound of their feet broke the strangling silence. It was almost like one of the cheap zombie holovids. Streets empty, bodies strewn about. Angel half expected them to start getting up to devour the soldiers running amongst them.

Far off in the distance, a muffled explosion sounded off, giving testament to problems elsewhere in the city. "They must be creating a diversion." Aeos spoke through the comlink. Angel had been pleased she had made such a speedy recovery, but no one was as happy to see it as Jegora had been. Of course, no one else was able to see it, but Angel knew on the inside the big man was beaming.

"Let the other squads worry about it," Angel replied. "We have our orders." He still didn't like the situation much. The only trail they had to track their prey was the stream of bodies laying in the streets. The two squads rounded a corner which put them on a direct path towards the Tadath spaceport. Sithspawn Angel cursed to himself. "Jester, double-time. These assholes aren't getting off this planet."

Taking notice that Jester had kicked into high gear, Tanus ordered his squad to do the same. Breathing heavy enough to trip the comlink actuators filled the squad channels. They had been running for almost 15 minutes straight in full armor and weapons, after only an eight hour layoff from a hectic and exhausting mission. Many hadn't slept in almost 24 hours, and only their resolve to fight off those daring or stupid enough to come to the home of the Stormtrooper Corps and start a fight kept their legs pumping.

Another right followed by an immediate left adjusted their vector towards the spaceport somewhat, while another couple explosions went off elsewhere. Suddenly five figures were spotted at the end of the street.

"Contact!" Angel shouted over the channel. The sounds of weapons being drawn against stormtrooper armor filled the air. Magazines were checked for rounds, chambers loaded, and switches thrown to max power settings. Not surprisingly, the shadowy figures had already identified their new threat and taken defensive postures. One of them was shoved behind a landspeeder for cover. That must be Frozt Angel surmised.

"Four of them?" Tanus queried over the channel, "They can't be serious."

"Stay sharp, there's probably a reason for that." Aeos countered, labored breaths causing paused in some of her sentences. "I suggest keeping our distance until we evaluate the threat."

"Let's fan out and create a perimeter." Angel called out, "BlackJack, split and flank left and right, Jester, straight up the gut." The squads did as their Platoon Commander ordered after the few more seconds it took for them to reach combat range. Tanus peeled off left, while his ASL Garyll went right. The squad split perfectly into their fireteams, a tribute to their training. Jester fanned out into a cover 2 formation, Angel, Aeos, Jager, and Jegora taking the front line, while Wicket, Sam, Bright, Gio, and Jori took the rear.

The front line dropped to a knee and opened fire on the four unknown enemies. Blaster fire, both projectile and energy filled the street, echoing off the building walls. Small faces appeared in the windows peeping out to see the ruckus in the streets, but were quickly pulled away by concerned parents taking shelter in their homes.

At the distance, the enemies were somehow evading every shot. They danced around acrobatically, leaping and twisting, making their bodies thin enough to where it was impossible to draw a bead on them. Just when you thought you could anticipate their next move, they were gone.

"What the hell are these things!" Tanus shouted over the comm. His squad had taken their positions and opened fire as well, hoping to catch the quickly approaching mercs in a crossfire.

Truth be told. Angel didn't know. As they wove their way closer to the elite squads of the Vast Empire, he finally got a good look at them. Bony protrusions on the skull were covered by pale grey-blue skin. A wide-set jawbone gave way to razor sharp teeth. They stood moderate height, and their bulk belief their apparent extreme flexibility and maneuverability. Something about them triggered a memory in Angel's mind, but he didn't have time to explore the possibility.

The blue-skinned killing machines were almost on them, and it was looking more and more like two squads wouldn't nearly be enough.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1220
Total Posts:  1849
December 19, 2008 2:45:18 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Tadath had well and truly become a war zone. As Wraith ran through the city streets, the sounds of blaster fire and explosions echoed off the buildings around them. Every now and then a plume of smoke would begin to fan itself over towards them, swirling around their helmets trying to find a way in. A few more corners however and it would disappear.

They'd chosen to take the back streets as opposed to the large main one that would take them straight there. The fighting would be focused there and it would also be far easier for them to be spotted. This way was safer, but also a lot longer.

"Ron, I've decided, we're swapping bags" Kand called back, calling a halt to the jog.

"Why?" Ron replied, although already peeling it off his back.

"Because we cant risk anything happening to you. This'll make me the target and leave you relatively safe"

"But you're the leader, aren't you just as-"

"Ron has a point, I'll take it" Helena nodded, holding out her hand for his bag.

"It's heavy, you sure you can take it?" He asked.

"I'll be fine" Helena responded, strapping it over her back and leaning forward slightly to counterbalance the weight. She seemed a little tired simply after lifting it to her back, but she managed a smile towards Kand.

"If that gets too much let me know, I'll take over" Kand soothed, somewhat worried for Helena's safety.

"I'll be fine, let's just get going"

Kanderin smiled and re-initiated the jog. The complex was beginning to come into view now, which made him visibly increase his guard. Word had spread that they were heading to the complex now, it was more than likely a trap would be prepared for them.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  422
Total Posts:  2159
December 19, 2008 3:04:47 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates liked to consider himself a well-trained an extremely dangerous adversary to his enemies. In fact, he liked it so much, he had it written on the back of his neck- "Highly dangerous. Handle with Caution."

But even the elite of the stormtroopers could not down these foes.

"What the hell are they, leader?!" asked BARman, from across the street, crouching by Tanus, Saph, and Tank, all of whom were firing at the four targets like crazy.

The other four members of BlackJack, Gates, Orobos, Verkur, and Dinin, fired from cover on the other side of the street, with the Jesters firing in a skirmish line from the center.

"Damned if I know! Keep shooting!" Gates yelled, his DC's bipod set up on a downed trash can, stabilizing his base of fire. Not that it was doing any good - the 17 stormtroopers had yet to hit any of their targets, despite the literal wall of fire they were putting down.

It seemed like the enemy, some short, darkly-covered aliens, knew which way the blasters would fire, which way their comrades and enemies would move, every thing, and then managed to factor that all together and avoid it all.

Yet on they came; four god-know's-what's versus two nearly full squads of the Elite Stormtrooper Corps and the Empire was somehow at only a stalemate.

Gates switched hands firing his DC, dropping his right to his hip, where his vibroknuckler, a brawling weapon, sat. He slipped his fingers into the guards, readying himself for close-combat.

He switched hands again, dropping his left hand to his belt where his knife was, and pulled that out too.

The enemy drew closer still, but were slowing - even as they closed, the fire increased, grew less erratic. But even then - the stormtroopers could not hit one.

And that would only last as long as they didn't run out of ammo...

"C'mon you sons a bitches!" Gates yelled out at the aliens, "Come and meet the Empire!"
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Brightstar
ComNet Cadet

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  295
Total Posts:  710
December 19, 2008 4:01:41 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright didn't know exactly what these creatures were, and she shuddered to think about what they might do the the rest of the squads should they be reached. To Bright's eyes though she could see they were compactly built, fighters. These aliens were built for fighting. Frack! The young Sergeant thought, her mind looking at all the possibilities she could process. As she sat there with her weapon in hand, Bright took stock of her squad mates. There was no doubt that some of them could actually go head to head with these creatures, these Noghri, but how many of them knew how to fight like them.

Angel might. Even Jeg maybe could handle something like this. Bright kept those two in mind for a moment then discarded the idea of Jeg fighting these two. Jeg was a big man. These strange beings however looked to be able to take Jeg's size and use it against him. Her helmeted gaze shifted to Gio and Sam and then she slashed that thought in half. Wicket was out of the question, way to small. Jag maybe? Bright shook her head again. Through her helmet she could see the Noghri getting ever closer. Think, Bright! Think! She looked at Aeos and grimaced. Although Bright thought that maybe Aeos may have a fighting chance, she wasn't inclined her see her ASL and friend back in the infirmary anytime soon. That leaves Jori and me. At least from Jester.
Bright didn't know if anyone Blackjack Squad was capable of talking on these "bodyguards" but she wasn't too anxious to let them take a serious beating either.

She looked over at the younger of the two Zabraks, Jori Lekrif. There was no doubt he had the guts to take them on, but Bright doubted he had the skills.

They were only a few feet away now and closing fast. "Cover me!" She called, and without waiting for an answer, Bright dropped her her weapon and ran out to meet their opponents head on. She could hear someone calling her back but she ignored them. They didn't have time to argue and right now the Noghri were far too close. They could dodge blaster fire like they were stones and if they were allowed to get any closer to Jester, only the two of them could cause serious damage.

Bright charged straight into a tackle, her left shoulder taking the first of the two Noghri in the gut. It didn't seem to bother the smaller being though as he twisted and let Bright's momentum carry her forward. Bright was expecting such a move and dipped into a sweeping kick of which the Noghri easily jumped. The other of the duo just seemed to keep going. Bright was having none of it. Rising from her sweep she grappled with her opponent for a moment before she managed to unbalance him if only the slightest bit. That split second was long enough for Bright to move him into a position to throw him. So she did and as he was on the ground she bolted after the other one.

Bright heard a few blaster shots somewhere before she refocused on the still advancing Noghri. This one was a female and not as easily caught off guard. The female swung to meet Bright with a full on, full fisted punch to the stomach. Bright stumbled back and fell to her her knees the wind knocked out of her, but she did succeed in turning the Noghri from her squad. Bright sprang back up, though she remained a bit shaky. Should have finished that training on Bakura. She thought fleetingly, as she dodged another blow here and parried a blow there.

Two against one was hardly fair, Bright knew that and she wished that someone would take the other one out for her but she knew that wasn't likely as she was too close to her opponents. They would risk shooting her. So she took another blow to the stomach and fell back into the waiting arms of the male she had managed to get by earlier. Not good! She thought as he held her tight. Her arms at this point were useless. The female advanced quickly and ran right into Bright's upraised feet. As her feet connected Bright kicked back away from the female. An action that promptly put all of them on the ground. She was still in a fix though as the male still had a strong hold on her.

Bright had enough of this, she slammed her head back into the males face hard. She heard the cracking of something so she did it again and she felt his grip loosen, That was all she needed. She had of a struggle, but Bright did free herself and promptly had to duck a low kick. She rolled away and found that her armor was much more inhibiting than she would have liked. More blaster shots in the distance but Bright didn't care. She yanked her helmet off and slammed it into face of the female. before she lifted her knee to catch the Noghri in the gut. She twisted out again before she could be caught again.

"Bright! Behind you!" She heard someone yell. She didn't have time to think about who it may have been. And unfortunately she wasn't fast enough either. She felt a hard blow to her back and she fell to the ground temporarily paralyzed. To add insult to injury Birght's armor had cracked. The Noghri were trying to end this quickly.

Regaining her senses, Bright turned and put a booted foot in the females stomach and narrowly missed the male as he jumped back. "Would someone please get this kreifing assholes off of me!" Bright called through a fat lip she didn't realize she had sustained. She didn't have time to think again as the female was up again. "Seriously!"

Bright took a hit to her shoulder then realized she was above the ground. Her eyes widened when she felt the rushing wind her ears. She was about to meet the floor in a very bloody manner and she could do nothing about it. "Shit!" She said as her opponent let go and sent the much lighter woman flying a few feet in to a pile of cargo crates. Well guess I should have not been so hasty. Bright thought before she blacked out. She didn't see what had happened to the male Noghri, but she did see a few blaster shots make there marks on the female before her eyes closed.

"Bright's down!" Was the last thing she heard before her awareness was replaced with the sound of silence.
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited December 19, 2008 8:08:07 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited December 19, 2008 8:15:20 PM)]
Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  158
Total Posts:  1218
December 19, 2008 4:20:51 PM    View the profile of Ron 
"That's the one." grunted Deth.  The mercenary pointed to the only female in the group that was closing in on the main complex where they were stationed.

"The girl eh?" said his partner, Moorg.  Deth and Moorg were both stationed as watchmen to the complex, a right they had won due to their rank and military prowess.  Moorg's finger ran along side of Deth's both of them aimed strait towards Helena.

"I thought Kinew said the target was a man..." started Moorg.

"You're a fool if you believe a dead man, Moorg." Deth cackled.  "Kinew's dead, and so are four of the others.  We got the girl to blame for that one."

Moorg wasn't so sure.  He had heard reports that the tall lanky one was the target- but upon closer inspection he clearly wasn't dressed like the target was described.  The girl wasn't nearly as tall, but she was thin enough.  Most importantly, she carried the equipment said to contain the anti-virus installation.

"You got a plan, Deth?" said Moorg.

"I'll be damned if I don't." grinned Deth.
_ _ _

"Kand." said Helena.

Kanderin halted up ahead to let Helena catch up to the rest of the group.

"Here, let me carry that..." Kand started.

"That's not what I wanted to talk about." Helena said while shrugging off Kanderin's help.  She pulled him down closer to her, and whispered something to him.

Kanderin turned around quickly and pulled out his binoculars.  He hovered over one spot before putting them back and urging the group to duck for cover.  Once they had all hidden themselves on either side of the street, Kanderin grabbed for the back.

"Helena- here, give it to me..."

"Kand, you can't, you're the leader!"

"Helena," Kanderin said.  "Helena, if I don't then you could die."

"And if I give it to you, then you could die." Helena said.

Ron pulled out his own binoculars and focused on the same spot Kand had seen.  Ron saw two mercenaries, each of whom had long range weapons.  Snipers.

"Why don't we just leave the stuff here?" RK suggested.

"Why?" Kanderin said.  "Ron needs it to install the anti-virus... that's why..."

Ron said nothing.  They all turned towards him.

"You do need it." Kanderin said.  "Don't you?"

Ron knew that to install the anti-virus he would need two things, definitely.  The anti-virus chip and his laptop.  The pack contained things that would make the installation easier, cable cords and connection wires would help with connection; even though his laptop came with wireless connectivity.  He could live without the cords and cable boxes, but what Ron was reluctant to give up was the squad com-box.  Without that, communication between squads would be limited to the low range radio in their comlinks, and the chance that Wraith would be heard over them would be low.  If they left the gear there, they might not be able to call in for backup- and they wouldn't be able to report their (hopeful) success.

"I can manage without it." He said.

Helena shrugged off the pack and left it behind the barrier.  Ron grabbed it and picked up the laptop, tucking it into his jacket beneath his armor.

"Destroy it."  He whispered.  He was talking about the squad's com-box.

"Won't we need it?" Helena said.

"He's right."  Kanderin said as he picked it up.  "Better that we lose communications than J'ak gain them.  No telling what he could learn from listening in..."

Kanderin threw the com-box against the building behind them, sending sparks and parts flying every direction.  Then he motioned the squad to silently, quickly move forward.

-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  418
Total Posts:  535
December 19, 2008 5:03:09 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos fired a long spray of lasers towards the alleyway the dark shape had leapt into. Once the last of the shots spattered off the wall the thing leaped out again towards the squads. The stormtroopers were all in positions across the street firring at anything that moved. His rifle clicked a few times as the last of clip was fired.

"Reloading!" Orobos shouted swinging around back into cover back against the wall.

Pulling out another clip he hit the catch on his weapon the empty magazine sliding out and falling, smoking to the ground the battery burned out. As he brought it up to his rifle the clip was knocked from his hand something small but heavy smacking his hand away.

"Shit," he said fumbling for his side-arm his finger scrabbling at the catch of his leg holster.

Pulling out the pistol Orobos blazed away the weapon bucking in his hands as the rounds flew of in random directions. The clip in his pistol spent as well Orobos lunged forward grabbing the rifle clip lying on the ground. Snatching it up he pushed it into his rifle and then rolled over into the prone position beside some cover and fired down the street again more movements flashing at the corner of his eyes.

"I'm down to my last clip!"

"Me too!"

"Where did that one go?!"

"To your left!"

"Shit," Orobos said firing down the alleyway behind the two squads as one of the enemies had gotten around them.

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  295
Total Posts:  896
December 19, 2008 5:14:25 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun had to concentrate to keep from throwing up in his helmet. He had never seen so many dead allies before. It was acceptable when they were enemies but dead allies were just intolerable. Zeshaun gripped his rifle tighter and quickened his pace so he could be one of the first to take a shot at the mercenaries.

"The closest hangar's are two blocks over," Lucky explained. "I expect the merc's will be there."

The squad ran at a quick trot down a side alley. The bored vendor's sat in their stalls and stared as they raced passed them. The streets were very quiet, They must have gotten word that we were under attack Zeshaun thought looking up at the windows on the tall buildings. Lucky stopped at a corner and held her hand up to signal for everyone to stop.

They had arrived at the most outer part of the hagnar, Zeshaun could visibly see at least 3 mercenaries were guarding the main entrance, That's odd, why only set up 3 sentries to the main entrance. Zeshaun thought, they seemed to be having a conversation. Lucky turned back to the squad. She motioned to attack the guard and try to avoid the firing of any weapons if at all possible. Zeshaun nodded and unsheathed his vibroblade from a little sheath he had integrated into the armor. Then Lucky signaled to attack.

The squad managed to sneak a bit closer before they were heard, the mercenaries raised their guns but before they could line up a shot Alan, Nova, and Requiem were already on top of them. Alan managed to knock the weapon out of the hand of the mercenary and Nova nearly tore the arms off of his target. Requiem ended up with the strongest of the three and he was struggling slightly. Zeshaun dashed over and pounced on the free parts of the man. Requiem muffled the mercenaries mouth as Zeshaun made a quick clean slice and cut through the man's jugular. Blood splurted all over the ground, but Zeshaun managed to keep any blood form getting on his newly repaired armor. When he got up a bolt flew over his left shoulder.

"Take cover!" Lucky yelled diving behind a bush.

Zeshaun dove to a little indent in the walls. He managed a peek and saw that at least 7 more mercenaries were now engaging them. Zeshaun grabbed his rifle. That's more like it Zeshaun looked down at his new weapon. About time for a test drive. Zeshaun thought with a grin.

He peeked out from his cover and lined up a shot, he pulled the trigger and his shot nailed the mercenary in the shoulder, it seemed to injure the mercenary but not leave him completely disabled. Zeshaun let off a couple more shots to take care of him and he turned his attention to the others. The squad did a fairly nice job of cleaning up the other 6 and now there were only 3 left.

Nick announced that he had a plan. Everyone watched as he audibly screamed "Greande!" and he let it roll toward the mercenaries. They instinctively shrunk away but when it exploded only gas came out.

"Smoke screen." Nick said over the comm. Zeshaun could tell he was smiling under his helmet.

"Move!" Lucky ordered as she ran up toward the unaware mercenaries.

They were caught off guard and taken out rather quickly. I thought Lucky said they were very well trained. Those last merc's didn't seem very good at all. Zeshaun thought turning toward the main doors. Lucky motioned for everyone to flank the doors while Novacaine broke them down. With one swift kick Novacaine smashed through the door and the two parts flew into the hangar. When the squad shuffled in, a booming voice greeted them.

"Welcome." The man said with a grin. "Won't you join us." He motioned toward 10 other mercenaries.

Oh crap Zeshaun thought surveying the hangar. When he looked back at the squad it seemed they had all noticed as well. The mercenaries had all the mechanics working in the hangar as hostages. 6 mercenaries threatened the group of mechanics while the other 4 worked on a ship, probably to get it working.

"What do we do now?" Requiem asked.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 19, 2008 5:45:59 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1171
Total Posts:  1795
December 19, 2008 5:56:38 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"What do we do now?" Requiem asked.

Alan glanced over at Lucky and knew she was deep in thought.  He looked back at the mercenaries and knew that they were in a difficult situation.  If they took them on then they could probably take them out but it was doubtful whether the mechanics would survive.

“Let the mechanics go and take us as hostages, we are more valuable to you than they are” said Lucky.

“Are you insane” called out Drakar, “let’s take them out now”.

Alan glared at Drakar and said “zip it trooper”.

Drakar kept quiet but Alan could tell that Drakar was more interested in taking down these mercenaries whether it cost the lives of the mechanics or not.

“Very well” said the leader of the mercenaries, “drop your weapons”.

“Do I have your word that the mechanics will be let free and allowed to leave unharmed” called out Lucky.

“You do” replied the leader.

Alan leaned close to Lucky and whispered “you sure we can trust this guy, what happens if we stand down and he kills us all”.

“He won’t” whispered Lucky, “he needs hostages and he knows that we are more valuable to him than they are.  It serves him no purpose to kill the mechanics, they may be mercenaries but they kill only when they are getting paid to do so or if it is their best interest”.

“Stand down” repeated the mercenary.

Lucky looked over at the squad and sighed before saying “you heard him, drop your weapons”.

Alan hated to have to concede his weapons to these men but he knew it was the only way for the mechanics to survive.  The squad rather reluctantly lowered their weapons and a mercenary quickly gathered them up.  Alan never kept his eyes off him, he wanted to know where his blasters would be if, no when he got out of this.

The lead mercenary nodded and the mercenaries looking after the mechanics freed them and pointed to the door.  The mechanics hastily ran out the door, some saying thank you to the squad as they passed by.

Alan looked over at the squad and back to the mercenaries and thought to himself well this is a fine mess we’re in.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  296
December 19, 2008 6:26:49 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun reluctantly put down his rifle seeing he had only been able to fire a few shots with it. Zeshaun wasn't sure what Lucky's plan was but he hoped she had one because now they were weaponless and under the scrutiny of 10 very dangerous looking mercenaries. At least I still have this with me Zeshaun thought patting his secret compartment for his vibroblade.

"Why didn't you give that blade up, they could kill us all if they found out." Alan hissed.

Zeshaun shrugged off his question. Alan glared at him as they walked over to the designated spot. He took a seat by the wall and placed his hand on the handle of his vibroblade. The mercenaries came around and tied up their arms and left them by the wall. Alan kept glancing back and Zeshaun just kept his head down. The mercenaries got back to doing what they were doing and the Paladin's just got to watch. The mercenaries own mechanics were fixing up a shuttle so it could survive a trip through space.

"What's the plan?" Alan asked in whisper.

"Listen up." Lucky said bringing everyone closer.

She explained that the mercenaries had to keep them alive because they were useless hostages if they were dead. Lucky turned to Zeshaun. She told him he would have to cut himself out of the ropes and stab himself. Zeshaun's stiffled a cry under his helmet.

"What do you mean stab myself?" Zeshaun hissed.

Lucky glared at Zeshaun, she turned to the rest of the squad. The mercenaries would have to come over and help Zeshaun out if he was bleeding. That's when they will pounce and just run and hide where they can make further plans. Zeshaun rolled his eyes Why me, why me? Zeshaun thought sliding his vibroblade from it's hidden sheath.

He sawed through the ropes and checked to make sure the mercenaries didn't noticed. They seemed to be preoccupied at the moment. He quickly sliced throught the others ropes without alerting the mercenaries. Zeshaun raised the vibroblade Oh, I can't believe I'm doing this. Zeshaun thought closing his eyes and bringing the knife down onto his leg. A searing pain erupted from his leg and he looked down, his leg was seaping out blood, Damn, I'm gonna have to get this cleaned again. Zeshaun thought biting back the pain. The guards quickly turned and they rushed over when they saw him bleeding.

Lucky quickly jumped up and placed a nice kick right in the mercenaries chest. The mercenary stumbled backwards into his partner and the paladin's took the opportunity to run and find a hiding place in the vast hangar. Bolts flew over their heads and past their bodies as they all ran. Zeshaun found a spot behind a large container of tools. Now what. Zeshaun thought catching his breath.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  782
Total Posts:  2175
December 19, 2008 6:53:52 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
As Jegora watched Bright hit the ground he felt a pang of rage deep in his chest. Standing up from where he was crouched down, Jegora took a few steps forward, brought his submachine gun to his shoulder, and let loose a concentrated burst of fire. It didn’t connect with any of the strange aliens, but it was accurate enough it forced them away from Bright.

As Jester squad was scrambling to find some course of action, the creatures suddenly retreated to where a human male, presumably Frozt, was hiding behind a parked hovercraft fifty meters away. As they moved the two creatures literally hauled the human to his feet, dragging him inside a nearby three-story building. Jegora watched them retreat, holding his fire. At that distance his submachine gun had about as much chance of hitting the targets as a slingshot did. Angel, on the other hand, had no such limitations.

A highly skilled and undoubtedly expert long-range marksman, Angel took a knee as the creatures retreated. He then resumed firing his SLAR, taking his time and picking his shots. Most of the rounds he fired failed to make contact, but just as the last hostile slipped through the doorway Jegora heard a distinct wet-sounding thump and the alien slumped against the doorway before stumbling inside. Angel grunted and lowered his rifle, moving over to where the rest of the squad was clustered around Brightstar’s still form.

Aeos glanced over at Angel. “Leg shot,” the squad leader said, answering the unspoken question.

Jegora shook his head. It had been too much to hope that Angel had managed to kill one of the bastards. It didn’t matter now, though. There were more important things to worry about. With that thought Jegora pushed his way through the cluster of Jesters; he was by no means a medic, but he had been required to take an advanced first-aide course as part of his Special Forces training regimen. Kneeling next to his fellow trooper, Jegora removed her helmet and gently let her head rest on the concrete. He quickly checked her breathing and her pulse, finding both adequate.

As the others worked to bring Bright back to consciousness, Jegora noticed that the crack in her armor would probably result in some bruised ribs. He didn’t think anything would be broken, but he couldn’t be sure. If the ribs were broken, Bright would be in trouble, especially if one pierced a lung. If they were bruised she would be in pain, but it wouldn’t be life threatening.

Suddenly the still form that was Brightstar jerked as she came awake. Immediately she tried to sit up, but Jegora pushed her down. “How do you feel?” he asked, his voice emotionless.

Groaning, Bright gingerly touched her ribs, and then her shoulder. “My side hurts, and my shoulder is killing me,” she said, her voice thick with pain.

Upon her proclamation Jegora removed the armor from her right arm and examined the shoulder. Sure enough, it appeared to be dislocated. Grimacing, Jegora knew there was only one course of action that was viable at this point: he would have to set the wound.

He had learned a long time ago that the best way to get a painful procedure over was using surprise. People couldn’t dread, and couldn’t avoid, things they didn’t know were going to happen. With that thought in mind, Jegora positioned his hands gingerly, much to Bright’s protests, and then paused.

“This is gonna hurt,” he said. And then he set the shoulder.

Bright’s scream was loud, and it was right in Jegora’s ear. Luckily he still had his helmet on, and the sonic filters kept the worst of it out. Still, when the sudden pain subsided Bright was glaring at Jegora, and at the moment the young man knew that there would be hell to pay later. Still, he didn’t know what he could have done differently, and one look at Angel earned him an approving nod.

Standing up, and helping Bright do the same, Jegora picked up his M66-SD and slung it over his shoulder. “Shall we go after them?” he asked no one in particular.

Angel nodded. “Aye,” he said. “Let’s get moving.” He then opened a communications channel to the BlackJack squad leader and informed him of their situation. After that, he pointed at the building.

“Jegora, take point,” he ordered. Jegora nodded, happy to lead. With no further ado the squad double-timed it to the building, but slowed upon reaching the entrance. There was no telling what was waiting inside, and no one felt like rushing headlong into a trap.

As the troopers peered inside, searching for any indication of what might be waiting for them, Jegora came to the conclusion there was nothing else for it. “In I go, I suppose,” he said, and with that took a step inside.

Immediately upon crossing through the doorframe Jegora’s night-vision filters kicked in, overlaid with infrared imaging. The infrared was next to useless, as it was such a low power emitter that it would serve no purpose beyond noticing someone lying right in front of you. The night-vision filters, however, were extremely useful, allowing Jegora to see just what he was stumbling into.

He wasn’t alone, of course. The rest of the squad was right behind him. But that didn’t change the fact that Jegora suddenly felt very isolated from his squad. There was no logic behind it, but a cold chill crept up Jegora’s spine as he got the feeling that he was very much alone.

Snarling, he pushed down the rising fear. He had been a trooper too long and had seen too much to let some shrimp of an alien scare him into irrationality. Sweeping his M66 around the room, Jegora paused when something caught his eye on the floor.  Leaning down to examine what was shining, Jegora got a nice surprise.

It was blood.

The hostile that had been hit was leaving a trail of blood for them to follow. That didn’t mean that Frozt and the other enemy thing were doing the same, but it was the best option they had.

“There’s a trail here,” Jegora informed the squad, all the while following it through the room. Finally the trail of blood emerged into a hallway, and then turned left. 

There was a moment of silence, and then Angel issued some new orders. “Alright, we’re going to split up. Aeos, Jeg, Jag, and Jori, you guys follow the trail. The rest of us will go right. Shoot first, ask questions later, and for the love of the Force keep your eyes open.”

Jegora grimaced, but he knew it was the best chance of catching Frozt. Still, the thought of coming face to face with one of the compact alien killing machines, even if it was injured, was the closest thing to terrifying Jegora had experienced in a long, long time.
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1172
Total Posts:  1795
December 19, 2008 7:12:25 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Blaster bolts rained down on the squad’s hiding location.  Peering up, Alan looked over to see where their weapons were located.  It seemed to be a long way away but he also knew that they could not hide here forever.

Without saying a word Alan decided on a course of action.  He propelled himself across the floor and then standing up he made a break for it.  He ran for his life literally towards the weapons.

“What the hell is he doing?” asked Nick.

Lucky looked up as she was tending to Zeshaun’s wound as best she could.

“What’s going on?” asked Zeshaun, wincing from the pain.

Lucky shook her head and replied “Alan’s gone and done something reckless and foolhardy”.

Zeshaun sneaked a peak at what was going on and laughed softly before replying “he’s gone to get his blasters”.

Alan was feeling great, scared but great.  He had attracted the attention of the mercenaries but their shots seemed to always be slightly wide.  I guess they aren’t as good a shot as I thought they were thought Alan as he neared the table.

“Oh no” commented Nick.

“What is it?” asked Lucky.

“Look” pointed Requiem.

Nova let out a howl causing Zeshaun to see what was going on.

Lucky looked out and her heart sank.  She watched as one of the mercenaries lined up his rifle.  She could tell immediately that this mercenary was a skilled assassin.  His line of sight, not pointed directly at Alan but she knew that he was calculating the speed of Alan’s movement along with other calculations.  Looking at the mercenary’s concentration she knew that once he fired his weapon, Alan’s life would be at an end and she was powerless to help.

Zeshaun glanced from Lucky to the mercenary and knew from her demeanour that she knew Alan’s luck was coming to an end.  Zeshaun searched wildly for something, anything to prevent that.  Zeshaun suddenly spotted the container of tools and grabbed a large spanner.

The mercenary had his finger on the trigger, knowing that this shot would be a kill shot.  Now I have you he thought.  His finger was squeezing on the trigger when pain coursed through his head and he dropped his weapon.  Clutching his head he realised that blood was seeping from a wound.  He looked down and spotted a spanner stained with blood.  He was enraged and forgot about Alan as he fired repeatedly at the Paladin’s location.

Lucky let out a sigh, looked over at Zeshaun and said “good thinking”.

Alan, unawares of how close he had come to dying, he dived the remainder of the way to avoid any blaster bolts.  His body slammed into the table and he grimaced.  He knew that the impact wasn’t enough to cause significant damage but he also knew he was going to have a large bruise tomorrow.

Alan ran his hand across the table and pulled down a variety of weapons that the squad had been carrying.  He started throwing them towards their location, hoping that they would be able to get it.  Then he found them, both of his blasters.  Alan smiled and thought to himself it’s payback time.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Karash
ComNet n00b

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  425
December 19, 2008 7:52:22 PM    View the profile of Karash 
“Take cover!” yelled Snipes.

The next thing Karash knew he was diving for cover as a thermal detonator exploded right next to the squad. He could here movement around him but Karash did not wish to look up because of the fear that it might be mercenaries that had surrounded them. He slowly sat up and looked around him and it was the Raiders that were moving, Karash felt a wave of relief pass over him when he saw this, though it appeared that Dante was unconscious.

Karash struggled to his feet and observed as the rest of the Raiders were trying to wake Dante; there was then a second explosion. However this one destroyed a building just ahead of their position and caused the street where they were standing to be flooded with smoke. Karash then heard a moan come from just next to him, as Dante came around and the rest of the squad began to check the surrounding area. Then a crackling sound came over the COM link in Karash’s armour.

“There have been explosive devises planted all over the city and there are reports of civilians firing on imperial forces,” the message cut off.

Karash knew that there was something odd happening but there was no time to think about it as the squad were once again on the move.

“Raiders move out and keep a look out for any traps,” ordered the squad leader.

As they ran through the once heavily populated streets, Karash could not stop thinking about what he had seen earlier; civilians fleeing from the battle and no enemy bodies at the scene. That coupled with what had been said over the COM link made it clear that the enemy had placed its forces in the city and had disguised them as civilians, which greatly complicated things. Karash told this to the rest of the squad, who seemed to be having the same thoughts.

There was a man crouching in the middle of the street and fiddling with some device on the ground. The Raiders cautiously approached as it was unclear what the person was doing.

“What are you doing?” asked Karash.

The man instantly froze and began to mumble to himself, Karash repeated his question. The man then stood up and turned around to reveal a thermal detonator in his had; as he went to trigger the device, the entire squad opened fire upon him. Time then seemed to slow down as the man fell, riddled with holes where the blaster fire had hit him, did he prime the device or not? As it hit the ground nothing happened, the squad all staggered in relief.

“Attention all troopers, it has been discovered that there are suspected Noghri with the invading forces. Beware they are highly dangerous and maximum security should be observed when engaging them,” there was a slight sense of fear in the informers voice.

Although Karash had never dealt with Noghri in the past he knew that they were dangerous and he knew that the situation just got a lot more complicated.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite"- Winston Churchill
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  256
Total Posts:  630
December 19, 2008 8:40:50 PM    View the profile of Jager 
The idea of hunting down a supposedly wounded killing machine that seemed impervious to all manner of weapons fire was, at best, poorly thought out. Nonetheless the four troopers continued to sweep the room in the hope that they would find it.

"Its wounded, right. Should be easier to kill" Jori stated confidently

"Not really." retorted Jager, "Wounded animals always fight harder, and we're going to possibly corner it in the building. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't make it..."

"ha, ha, ha..." Jori replied in a sarcastic tone, shaking his head

"Quiet" Aeos ordered, causing both troopers to shut up and get back to checking the room. The entire building was eerily quiet as the four man squad crept throw its vacant rooms in search of their prey. It was hard to tell who was being hunted, if the blood was some sort of elaborate ploy to lure the group into a trap it was working. Then again if the Noghri was legitimately wounded then it was making the groups job a whole lot easier, but something was telling Jager this wasn't the case... and by the looks on his fellow troopers faces they were being told the same thing.

The trail of blood ended suddenly at an open window. Slowly Jori lent out to see if it continued.

"Fire escape" he announced as he pulled himself back into the room, "Its gone up the fire escape"

"Then we follow it" Aeos stated, "Jori, Point"

Cautiously Jori climbed out of the window and onto the fire escape, followed by the others. The ascent was slow and methodical, it was clear that the Noghri was headed for one of the top floors or the roof and up there it would have no where to go.

As the squad reached the top floor Aeos called for them to move through the window.

"Its on the roof... Why don't we just go up there, kick its ass, then go home?" Jager queried

"I dont want any surprises, we clear the floor then we move to the roof." Ae replied in a subtly irritant way. Jager didn't blame her, if he had been what she had been through in the past twenty four hours... he'd be pissed to.

The top floor was almost a perfect copy of the floors below it. Dark, quiet and void of any sort of life. Again the squad crept in a spearhead formation as they cleared each room. The floor gave out a sharp creak as the group advanced along it, a sound that anyone waiting in ambush would find as a godsend.

"Blood" Jori whispered over the comm as he motioned to his left. The squads pace slowed to a crawl. The trail lead them to, what was at best guess, a bathroom.

"This is bad" Jager stated as he moved to the right of the door and readied his weapon, the others did the same.

"Jori, open the door on my call" Ae ordered, "Three, two..."

Jager took a deep breath and flicked his weapon onto fully-automatic. This was not going to end well for anyone.

"One"

Jori swept his hand over the panel and stepped back as the door gave a sharp 'hiss' as it slid open. The group fixed their weapons on the dark void that now stood in front of them.

But nothing, "Who wants to go and clear this room" Jager asked with a smirk and a sigh of relief,

"You just volunteered" the lieutenant replied,

Slowly Jager got to his feet and advanced towards the void.

"Dont touch my stuff when I'm dead" he announced before he stepped into the room. As suspected, it was a bathroom, Hastily Jager hit the lights.

No alien death machine...
No blood...
Nothing...

"Tad anticlimactic" he called over the comm, "Its empt..."

He stopped mid sentence as It hit him, by the silence it had hit the rest of the squad as well, This was a setup. A horrid cry filled the room as the squad turned back to where they had entered from. A dark blue blur lept several feet, straight onto Jori. No one knew how the Noghri had managed to flank them, Jager suspected that it went out a window... which ever way it managed such a feat, the fact was that it had the jump on them.

Jegora was the first to react, shoulder charging the Noghri in an attempt to get it off Jori. The Noghri was knocked to the floor, but quickly recovered and went straight for Jeg.

The fight was brutal, but quick. Jeg managed to dodge the first few attack then attempted to kick the Noghri in its wounded leg. The Noghri however had other plans, and after dodging the gunnery sergeants attempt, proceeded to kick the proverbial crap out of the its attacker.

Jori got back to his feet as quickly as possible. leveling his sights on the Noghri's back, the corporal let out a quick burst. As proven earlier weapons fire had little effect on the Noghri, apart from pissing it off. With a swift backhand-esk move, the Noghri sent Jori back to the floor.

To say the fight was going poorly was an understatement. By the looks of things the Noghri had worked itself into such a rage that it didn't seem to be feeling any sort of pain at all, regardless of its rather nasty looking leg wound.

The commotion, and cry's for help quickly pulled Jager out of the bathroom and next to Ae, who sat with her weapon fixed on the Noghri as she waited for a clear shot. Jegora pulled himself up and join the pair. Jori didn't have the luxury of retreating. The Noghri seemed intent on killing him, and wasn't doing a half bad job. If it wasn't for its bloodthirsty onslaught being shifted towards the trio to his rear, then he would of been in serious trouble.

Aeos was the first to open fire, quickly followed by Jager and Jeg. Alone these weapons would be merely annoying the alien, but together it had a devastating effect. The Noghri stumbled backwards as round after round struck it. An audible 'click' sound from Jager's m82, followed by Jeg's weapon called an abrupt halt to the attack.

The Noghri lay on the floor a few feet from Jori, who was curled up in the fetal position.

"Now, if this things still alive after that... I say we let it live" Jager stated as he threw his empty magazine away and replaced it with a fresh one.

Jeg moved up and check the body. "Its still breathing" he announced,

"Son of a bitch" Jager muttered in shock as he moved up to check. Sure enough the Noghri lay struggling for breath. Aeos moved up next to the two troopers and had a look for herself.

"Finish it" She ordered as she gave Jori a hand up,

"With pleasure" Jeg replied.

Placing a foot on the Noghri's neck, Jeg stomped down with as much force as possible. The 'crack' followed by the Noghri sputtering was a clear indication that the fight was officially over.

"Well, we beat a wounded one... how much harder could a healthy one be" Jager added with a smirk, giving the corpse a nudge with his foot.
Jester Squad
RBA/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
==Gandhi is dandy but Liquor is quicker ==
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  297
December 19, 2008 9:20:12 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun gave Lucky a pain filled smile as she tended to his wound. It didn't quite register how close Alan had come to dieing. If my throw was just a little off... Zeshaun thought grimacing as Lucky put some pressure on his wound. Zeshaun heard the clinks of metal on metal and he snuck a look toward Alan, he was throwing their weapons in their general direction. Lucky, Nick, Requiem and Novacaine quickly dashed out and grabbed all the weapons. Lucky handed Zeshaun his rifle, Zeshaun thanked her and he reloaded his weapon.

"Let's show them what Paladin's made of." Lucky said making a break for another hiding spot where she would have a better view of the mercenaries.

Nick, Requiem, and Novacaine all moved out as well leaving Zeshaun by himself. He tried to pick himself up but found he could not put enough pressure on his leg to run. Damn, guess I'll stay here Zeshaun thought sitting himself down behind the tool box.

Now that the Paladin's were spread out the mercenaries fire was more sparse. Only a few shots seemed to be coming his way. The assassin seemed to take a liking to him, the assassin was sitting unmoving, aiming at Zeshaun waiting for him to make an appearance. Zeshaun was trapped and he couldn't even get off a shot. Why me Zeshaun thought keeping his head down as bolts flew over the tool box and hitting the wall in front of him.

Zeshaun groped his belt for some kind of explosive but found none. He let out a string of curses and rested his head against the tool box. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. The light sound of a clinking metal item rolling on the ground caused him to open them and look around. A grenade had fallen next to him and it seemed the pin had been pulled.

Zeshaun jumped up so quickly that he forgot his leg was in pain and he immediately fell back down. Zeshaun crawled over to the grenade and threw it back overt he tool box. The explosion rocked the tool box and some tools flew by Zeshaun's head nearly hitting him. The heat from the explosion almost made him with he was back on Anteevy.

"You alright Zesh." Alan's concerned voice came in.

Zeshaun confirmed that he was okay and he caught his breath. That was too close Zeshaun thought. The smoke had not compeltely cleared from the area quite yet so he took the opportunity to look out over the tool box. He couldn't see anything clearly but his thermal scan told him that the assassin was still sitting, unmoved by the explosion. Well, I hope he doesn't have thermal vision too. Zeshaun thought lining up a shot with his rifle, purely based on his thermal scan.

Zeshaun pulled the trigger and he heard a muffled yelp. Another scan showed the man lying on the ground, alive, but in very much pain. Zeshaun patted himself on the back. He winced as he limped to a secluded corner surrounded by boxes. I should be safe here. Zeshaun thought. He propped his rifle on the boxes and searched for another target.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2216
Total Posts:  3141
December 19, 2008 10:53:36 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos gazed at Jager with a worried glance. His statement instilled a sense of foreboding into her.

“Don’t jinx it Jag,” she muttered softly, squatting down to the body of the noghri. She grimaced at the horrid inhuman face it possessed.

“Angel, we took one down, but I don’t know how much this death will
affect the resolve of the remaining three,”

“Copy that,” Angel’s voice crackled back.

“We’ve just cleared our area, I suspect the thing managed to get Frozt out of the building from the top floor, regroup downstairs. I’ll contact Black Jack. Meet you at the entrance; we will need to split up again scout the outside perimeters,”

“Roger that, Aeos out,”

She was still squatting down at the creature, taking note of its alien features.  She took her helmet off, hating the constant scanning her HUD displayed. Basic instinct still called for her own sight and smell to serve as the superior function above and over her helmet’s inhumanity. Next to follow were her gloves. The air smelled sour yet metallic at the same time. It was the blood Aeos realized. She ran one hand over the exposed flesh of the creatures arm.  She hesitated for a second and then reached out with her hand to the noghri’s face. The skin felt…clammy, fish-like with the scaly yet knobby texture.

What is this thing?” she wondered to herself.

“It’s the female one that got Brightstar down,” she murmured to one in particular recognizing the high cheekbones and softer facial features.

“Aeos, we need to go,” a deep voice softly boomed to her side.  Aeos suppressed the feeling of security and relief wanting to overwhelm her each and every time she heard the voice.

Jegora held out a gloved hand, which she happily accepted and pulled herself up onto her feet.

She was unconscious for the better part of the journey after they had completed their objective and delivered the virus. Of course, after she partially forced her way out of the bacta-tank and medical bay, Aeos heard all the tales and tall tales about Jegora rushing for her life. In all honesty, Aeos couldn’t be more than happy to have spent that time blacked-out. Just hearing about the commotion that happened around her, because of her, had her blushing and flustered like an awkward sixteen year old.

Aeos glanced at each of the helmeted heads of her current team. They were tired, as was she. She still hasn’t walked out all the stiffness from the bacta treatment, and quite honestly, under normal circumstances, she would have been booked off for the day.

Aeos and the three J’s as she would rarely refer to them in a train of thought lingered around for another few moments, simply studying the frame of the creature and its weapons.  Everything about it dictated the proud yet horrid element of a predator. Clawed bony yet muscular hands curled into spastic fists attached to muscular arms. The upper arms along with the rest of the body were covered in a strange design of clothes which was clearly designed for an assailant relying on speediness and stealth. The fabric was light and silky but dark in a two different shades of pastel green and browns. The bony protrusions along with the scale-like skin seemed too made up for the apparent lack of armor.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this one is quite young,” Jori muttered.

“Now now, Jori, don't get excited, you know how bad long distant relationship go,” Jager cracked.

“Maybe,” Aeos replied to Jori and she slowly started to turn around, slipping her helmet back on before pulling her gloves back on as well.

“Let’s go,”

It was a few minutes later, and the room was quiet. Eerily quiet. The creature still lied where the Jester had left it. Dead.

The sun shone brightly through the one window, casting a perfect diagonal beam which caught the sides of dust particles that hung about. The furniture was covered in dust from the recent commotion of blaster fire and explosions that took place outside, shaking the trapped dust in the roof out their nooks and crannies in the ceiling and releasing it. The time on the small fridge in the corner flashed in a bright happy red and beeped as some it released a warning signal of some alarm. The radio next the fridge suddenly blared alive with a sleazy voice jabbering away in huttese about the weather while accompanied with the usual corny music that served in the background as was usual with radio stations.
The sound suddenly died with a soft crack! of frying wiring and small puff of smoke when a dagger thrilled through the small device set against the wall.

The creature licked its exposed teeth and with a soft hiss sat upright, clutching at her head, slightly deformed with a huge blue bruise pulsing along the back of the skull.  It’s took a deep breath, catching the scent of Aeos’ skin and Jegora’s boot across its face and the face stretched into something that could only be a grimace or a smirk.
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  424
Total Posts:  2159
December 20, 2008 5:31:35 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The two squads' chatter was subdued and precise; the team that had gone upstairs had reported killing the injured alien, no mean feat.

"These Jesters are good," Gates muttered to Orobos, who was looking around, checking everywhere - the team had reported that they'd been ambushed. "But I'll bet you could take one down, big fella."

"Gates, as I much as I would love to encourage this insane activity, I think I'll sit this one out."

"Your loss."

The four-man fire team, Gates, Orobos, Verk, and Dinin, pulled back downstairs. There, they met back up with the rest of BlackJack and the Jesters, half of whom's armor sported some new blood splatters, dents, and scuffs.

The two SL's gave quick orders.

"Three of the aliens have managed to escape, and they got their package out," the two said in unison; "We have to spread out and make sure they can't escape the planet."

Gates raised a hand. "Gates?" Tanus replied.

"Sir, with all due respect, these things are killing machines. I say we just let them take off and let the Navy boys vape 'em."

The Jester SL interrupted - "Command wants him alive."

Gates nodded. "Yes sir. Alive. Got it."

The two squads split back into teams, quickly patrolling the immediate area. Weapons were reloaded, what little ammo that was left was distributed.

Gates flashed through his visor's modes; Infrared, Thermal, Motion, Basic HUD, IFF. Nothing showed up except a kid looking out into the street as the Stormtroopers marched down it.

The ASL considered, looking around Tadeth. He hoped he'd never be deployed with BlackJack in this city again, because cities that met BlackJack on a mission usually ended up seriously damaged.

"Eyes up, boys, don't let these shit heads catch us with our pants down."
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1790
Total Posts:  1920
December 20, 2008 4:32:08 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante's footsteps echoed through the empty streets as he followed the other RAIDERS. Daggers seemed to stab at his chest and left arm with each step he took, but he ignored the pain and continued to stride forwards.

His armour had taken the brunt of the thermal detonator's blast, but had been penetrated by several pieces of the ensuing rain of debris. The explosion had thrown him back headfirst and into a durasteel pillar, knocking him out. Several minutes later, he'd come around to find his wounds treated and the squad holding their position around him. Now he was near the middle of the squad with his deece cradled in his arms, listening to the increasingly alarmed chatter on the intersquad channel.

It seemed that the other squads had run into the merc leader and a group of some kind of aliens called "Nogri". Judging by the increasingly concerned reports, these were fairly competent, and had even managed to wound several troopers. Dante mentally wished the squads luck, then turned his attention back to the scene ahead of him.

A squad of stormtroopers lay in various states of dismemberment across the street ahead, and the smoldering shell of a military walker lay on its side where it had fallen. Thick clouds of smoke continued to billow from the destroyed scout transport, obscuring the pair of corpses draped across the opened overhead hatch. Even at this distance, Dante could see that they, too, had been mutilated.

No mercs could or would have done this. This must be more of the handiwork of these "Nogri".

As the squad made its way through the carnage, Dante heard approaching footsteps and whirled to the left, rifle ready to fire.

"Stop where you are!" Snipes barked. A figure emerged from the gloom, then another. Dante saw the familiar T-visor and plastoid plating of a stormtrooper armour and relaxed. These two were the first surviving stormtroopers he'd seen that day.

"Identify yourself, troopers." Sniping101 asked, his voice softer.

"Fergin Drental, ah-es-el of Harpie Squad." the lead trooper stated. Gesturing at the limping man behind him, he continued. "He's Bragin Vernit, another trooper. Our squad was ambushed by these...these creatures, sir. We're all that's left..."

Dante almost asked how they had survived, but stopped himself. Part of him didn't want to know.

"Right, then. Under Section Three, you two are hereby reassigned. You're coming with us. Is that clear, troopers?"

"Yes, sir!" Drental shouted.

Under the helmet, the man going by the name of Drental smiled. One of the twenty commandos who had infiltrated the city, he'd used this ruse several times before. Each time, he had waited until the troopers back were turned, then thrown a grenade or shot each one in the back. Tightening his grip on his E-11, he smiled wickedly. It wouldn't be long before they ran into one of the traps he and his comrades had set, and then he could act.
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  38
Total Posts:  75
December 20, 2008 5:56:23 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem smiled as he was thrown his heavy set of weapon's from Lucky and  he was even more excited he didn't have to use the droideka he had in his pack on his shoulder's they must of thought it had small equipment Requiem watched as Lucky began to bark out numerous orders and they were sent to get rid of the 10 mercenaries guarding the area.

Requiem ran over to the railing and looked down and noticed he was up on the buildings second floor the rafter's Lucky and Alan stayed stationery and fired down onto the ground floor from the rafter's and signaled the go to Requiem to reach the ground floor.

Requiem Inhaled deeply and turned back to the squad to his left, Lucky and Alan were deep in thought and Nick Nova and Zeshaun were on the ground floor. I don't have time to find the step's Requiem grabbed the railing and swung his feet over he was suddenly pulled to the ground below by an amazing force and than landed on one knee not that much gravity on this planet . Requiem got up in a heap as a mercenary on the ground floor heard the clatter he had made and wanted to investigate.

" Damnit. . . I cant have anymore interruptions " The mercenary grumbled slowly and than walked down a darkened pathway towards Requiem who was hiding behind a large Durasteel crate.

" What The- "Requiem stayed in his cover with his left hand on one of his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistols, in a quick motion he flicked a FSK-7 Combat Knife to his right hand and than rammed it down into the mercenaries neck as he was about to walk past him and about to turn around.

Requiem grappled the combat knife from the mercenaries neck and pulled it out with speed and hid back behind cover as to make sure he was covered with the mercenaries remains and to make sure he was hidden from sight Revenge is sweet Requiem ran down to a side of the ship and crouched he than banged on the ship's hull to make a diversion for the mercenaries to try and figure out where it was coming from.

Requiem grabbed his chest as a small blaster Hole appeared to the left of his heart he wasn't losing blood that patched and he barely patched it up so that he could continue through the storage bay and get rid of the 7 mercenaries left in the facility. Requiem thought that the attacker could still be trying to finish the job and looked around his person to try to get a better view.

He couldn't see anything in this line of vision and looked to his left and to his luck he could see that the ship was polished and a reflection was created to make a small lens. Sniper. . . Requiem grabbed a C-22 Fragmentation Grenade from his side and threw it over his head. It landed on a rafter above him and he closed his eye's, a high pierced scream could be heard and Requiem noticed that the sniper was a women.

Requiem crouched out of his spot and walked down the hull of the ship, he grabbed a small mirror from his side and placed it facing him and facing down the lane he saw that no one was their and no reflections could be seen clear Requiem grabbed both of his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistols and than upholstered them as he fired down a lane and he smiled as he hit on of the 2 mercenaries trying to finish the lost mechanics work.

Requiem rolled behind a large durasteel canister and winced as he heard blaster fire pierce the other side of the canister and slowly begin to get closer to his spine and Requiem knew that the Canister was filled with some lower quality equipment. Shit Requiem Slowly looked to his left and saw another crate filled with small devices that had a label with Volatile strapped around it in a piece of cloth, Requiem threw it up to the air, got up from his cover and he fired into the device.

It exploded and created a perfect diversion for Requiem to roll to the right of the canister and fire into the mercenary who than crumpled to the floor with a large hole in his chest. Requiem watched as Nick and Nova were being attacked from afar but they seemed to be handling it well. Requiem's eyes opened as he saw Zeshaun firing down the area trying to hit a target but he slammed his arm down on the crate searching for something Shit he has no ammo, he's done for he soon gave up and produced a sort of depressed look on his face. I forgot he was injured Requiem ran to his side and fired up to the rafter's for extra cover he grabbed Zeshaun's arms and than lifted him over his shoulder as he dragged him along behind him.

" What are you doing ? Help the others " Zeshaun yelled over the blaster fire in his area.

" You're the only one that's really important right now, now shut up and fire " Requiem continued to drag Zeshaun along and he fired at the mercenaries who were unusually piling out of the doorway in the storage bay. Zeshaun began to fire after  and he seemed to be getting comfortable to the fact that he was being dragged along to safety, Requiem lowered him off his arm and than  placed him on the side of the vehicle.

Requiem grabbed a detonator pack from his side and connected it to the side of the vehicle so it would do some damage when he left cover 10 minutes Requiem set the detonator and motioned to Zeshaun he than took off his pack and placed it on the ground he than took out a small droideka he purchased on Coruscant a few years back from the bag and placed it on the ground, he activated it and set it to full power as he than made the order's to the droid which in retrospect were overall: destroy our enemies. Requiem picked up Zeshaun from his spot and dragged him to safety. almost their

Requiem set him down and placed his hands over his head. " What did you do ? " Zeshaun said after he hid in cover.

" Nothing. . . just get ready " Requiem closed his eyes as the detonator exploded which sent the vehicle high into the air it was destroyed beyond repair and Alan and Lucky doubled their efforts and thought it was a great diversion. The droid fully activated and its Shields went to full power as they enveloped the droid and the mercenaries began to fire at it. The droid seemed unresponsive to the oncoming fire and trusted its life on the shield's around it and began to fire at the mercenaries with its blaster cannons, Requiem smiled as he saw a few of the mercenaries left drop to the floor

" Do you carry that thing around ? "Zeshaun asked in surprise as he continually covered his head with his hand's from the explosions going off in the room.

" Yup, its like my back up plan if I don't have my anti vehicle weapons with me. . . " Requiem replied back and waited for Lucky and Alan to help them out of this situation.

Zeshaun blurted out " What ? " and continued to wonder if Requiem was lying since most trooper's didn't have that much firepower on this sort of a mission.

Requiem looked to Zeshaun as he saw a look of emotion of calm creep up on his face and smile , but somehow Requiem wondered what Zeshaun was really thinking and he came up with the thought of I don't want to be on his bad side .
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited December 21, 2008 9:40:10 AM)]
Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  123
Total Posts:  206
December 20, 2008 11:38:22 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
As Gaz moved down the street with the rest of his squad, he looked around at the squad... they were all dirt as hell. The two new comers looked like normal Stormtroopers, and they already gave them an alibi. His suit (courtesy of the Stormtrooper corps) was dirty as hell, like always, his M82-G with an added grenade launcher was slung over his shoulder. While his Mynock Q33 Slugthrower with an added silencer was stuck in his shoulder holster.

Another trooper, Bill Tanner, walked by Gaz with the same clothes and weapons. His greying hair shone out among the younger members of RAIDERS, he was a new addition, but he would prove for some good cannon fodder.

-- -- --

One of the few, the strong, and one of the ignorant commandos that had infiltrated the city, Gregory Langer lay on top of a abandoned Tadath apartment building. His TI-47 Sniper Rifle edged up against his eye, and in the scope, green targets were marked as friendlies. Two of them were approaching with a larger group, they were half a block away from the suggested kill zone. The Stormtrooper Fergin Dentral, a commando on his team switched his com so that only Langer could hear.

"Dentral to Langer, approaching kill zone in thirty seconds. Mines set?" Dentral spoke into his com, and it came through into Langer's ear.

"Langer to Dentral, mines are set. Move out of the kill zone." Langer finished, ending the com. He then looked back at his sniper scope... twenty seconds... fifteen... ten... five... 3, 2, 1. Nine men flashed over Langer's sniper scope, moving to the closest and easiest target, Langer moved the converging lines over the man's head. Moving his hand over to his pants pocket, he pulled out a detonation pad. He gently squeezed the sniper trigger. Bill Tanner lost his head, his life, and suddenly, flames burst up around them. The mines were strategically placed for a larger squad, none of RAIDERS squad died because of the mines.

-- -- --

"Holy shit, RAIDERS Squad cover flank." Sniping 101 said in his commando armor, unforunately, Bacardi had decided to war his suit. Aiming his M82-G into the air, he peered through the scope. Heat signs showed up everywhere, the mines had spread flames everywhere. Dentral raised his E-11, but not towards the spot that the enemy was, but towards the RAIDERS formation. Gaz turned around and raised his M82-G, but seconds before that, Rogue riddled Dentral with projectiles. The other stormtrooper that was with them looked around, his limp leg not letting him move much. He then broke the act as Gaz riddled him with M82-G ammo.

"Find cover!" Virius screamed as another shot went off, missing Rogue's ear by milimeters. Gaz and Karash took cover behind an apartment staircase. More shots rang off. Suddenly all their coms rang out with alarms.
Andar "Gaz" Bacardi

TRP/CPL Andar Bacardi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[EW1][SRP][BM][RoM]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1224
Total Posts:  1849
December 21, 2008 9:13:55 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
He expected the two mercenaries were getting impatient by now,  they had been spotted a good ten minutes ago but not a single shot had been fired. The squad had made their way in between buildings, making sure there were at least a pair of walls separating them from the snipers at all times, and by all possible means they would of lost them.

"Let's pick up the pace, I feel uncomfortable out in the open if they have snipers on us" Kanderin called, the squad nodding and standing up straighter so they could run. A few seconds later a shot was heard, but he didn't need to call out for them to hit the ground.

The strange thing he picked up however was the lack of a 'thud', the sound the round would of made as it hit the ground or a building around them. A second shot was fired but the same again, no thud. Kanderin motioned for the squad to stay down and still, and made his way carefully down a break in the two buildings they were passing. He arrived at the main street and poked an eye carefully down towards the source of the noise. The two sniper's hadn't moved positions, but were firing in the complete wrong directions now. The larger of the two men fired another round, but Kanderin managed to see this one fly through a window of a nearby house, followed by a loud pitched scream and then silence. They'd got bored of waiting for the squad to show up, and had turned their weapons on civilians. They were almost being called out.

"Wraith, make your way over to me, quietly" He whispered through his comlink, which was now noticeably less clear.

A few seconds later they showed up, lining the sides of the buildings and glancing out. Kanderin pointed the snipers out and explained what they were doing.

"We cant let them...they're slaughtering innocent people" Helena stammered.

"But look" Joamer pointed behind them "Our targets less than a hundred metres away, we've made it. We could get inside, get rid of the virus and deal with them on the way out"

"But how many people would of died by then Joamer!" Helena shouted, before Kanderin tapped her on the shoulder and hissed at her to be quiet.

"I'll see what I can do" Kanderin nodded, before tweaking a few things on his rifle. Noticeably, he yanked a scope out of one of his pockets and attached it to the top.

"That a sniper rifle?" Ron blinked "Thought you were a medic?"

"It's only an emergency sniper, basically. It doesn't have the range of a real one, and the rounds are nowhere near as penetrating, but it should do the trick" He mumbled in response, carrying out the last checks on the weapon before housing it against his shoulder.

The pair appeared to have two rifles between them, but only one of them was firing at once. It was a pretty standard tactic but it saved lifes, your partner could watch your back while you completed the objective. His partner however was looking the wrong way and apparently smoking a cigarette, large halos of smoke were visible in Kanderin's scope as he watched him. His friend wouldn't be the target however, that wouldn't solve very much. Instead he turned to face the other, who was also lining up a shot. Without wasting another second, he fired towards the man.

The shot hit him in hand, causing him to cry out in pain and drop the rifle to the floor below. His guard was quick to react, his own rifle trained on the location of the shot only a few milliseconds later. Wraith were already gone however, well on their way towards the complex.

"Why didn't you kill him?" Antos whispered, accelerating his jog to catch up with the squad leader.

"I missed, but luck was on my side again and it still did the trick" Kanderin sighed.

"Yeah but now we still have two of them after us instead of just on..."

"I get it Antos!" Kanderin snapped "I screwed up, I know. I should of killed him but I choked and missed. let's just get on with it"
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1791
Total Posts:  1920
December 21, 2008 9:25:57 AM    View the profile of Dante 
The situation degenerated into chaos  as the first of the mines detonated. Dante rolled to the side, avoiding a cloud of shrapnel which pinged off his armour.

"There's a sniper!" Snipes barked, then ducked as another bolt grazed his visor. Crouching behind a large chunk of duracrete, the squad leader gestured for the squad to do likewise. Dante dashed for cover, throwing himself through a window. Transparisteel shards carved lines through his armour and pinged off his helmet as Dante took a moment to reload his rifle.

Getting to his feet, the Sergeant First Class looked out the shattered window and swore in surprise and disgust.

Rogueboy ,Virus, Gaz, and the two rookies were still standing where they'd been, rifles raised. They showed no sign of movement, and simply fired at the towers ahead without showing any sign of acknowledging Snipes' order.

Like banthas in a slaughterhouse Dante thought unhappily, and shouted at the group.

"Take cover, you morons!" he yelled.

Rogueboy turned suddenly as though waking up from a dream. Behind him, the larger of the two regular stormtroopers adjusted his aim slightly.

Dante was about to warn him not to fire, warn him that his aim was off, but then everything happened at once.

A mine went off with a crack, covering the battlefield with smoke and durasteel shards. Dante ducked again as razor-sharp shrapnel slammed into the wall behind him. As soon as the shrapnel stopped, he jumped up again, dreading what might have happened to the other RAIDERS.

The moment he looked, Rogueboy spun around and fired, point blank into one of the rookies' chests.

Dante shouted in horror and surprise, stunned into inaction by the unexpected treachery. After Rogueboy's brief stint in command, he had never really trusted the RAIDER again, but this was completely different from anything Gorjan had done before. He had been cowardly, deserting his former squadmates and leaving them to months of captivity, but that was understandable, even almost forgivable under the circumstances. This  though... this was betrayal on an unforgivable scale. Dante didn't care for politics, cared for the Empire only as an abstract ideal. Command was a sinister and uncaring organization from his point of view. His squad though...that was different. And now, Gorjan had murdered a member in cold blood and for no reason at all.

Coldly, slowly, Dante decided to make him pay.

He sprung from the ruined building, ignoring the blaster bolts that whizzed from the now-unimportant sniper hidden ahead. Gorjan didn't see him coming, instead busily filling the second recruit with blaster bolts. The rest of the squad was either in hiding or firing on the sniper. Dante almost shot Rogueboy as he ran, but decided that would be too quick. Far better to let him know why he was to be killed.

Rogueboy saw him coming, and raised his rifle, but Dante batted it to the side with a contemptuous swipe of his right arm, leaving Gorjan off-balance long enough for Dante to slam into the other trooper and bring his rifle butt into his faceplate. Rogueboy went down like a ton of duracrete and didn't move. Dante used his free hand to tear off his helmet and spat on the other trooper.

"In the name of the Stormtrooper Corps and the Vast Empire, you're under arrest for murder, Gorjan." he breathed. "May whatever deities you believe in have mercy on your soul."

OOC:
And Dante completely misses the point...again. From his POV, Rogueboy murdered two troopers. He didn't see Gaz join in or their reasoning for doing so; he thinks the aiming thing was an accident.
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 21, 2008 9:28:51 AM)]
Karash
ComNet n00b

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  23
December 21, 2008 10:44:58 AM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash could hear Drental, one the troopers they had picked up, mumbling to himself as they ran down the street; there was then a series of explosions that engulfed the entire squad. The following events all seemed to fuse together in Karash’s mind; there were more explosions, Rogueboy had killed Drental, Dante had then attacked Rogueboy and there was now a sniper to deal with. Although Karash was in a daze he still had to the common sense to take cover behind a staircase.

“What the hell just happened!” shouted Karash.

“The mines and the…” replied Gaz.

“I know that, why did Rogueboy kill Drental,” asked Karash.

“Drental was one of them, he was going to kill all of us but we got there first,” said Gaz.

Karash peered out over the debris; it was then that a shot whizzed straight passed his head, Karash fired a few shots back but no one knew where the sniper was or if he was still there. Dante was still fighting with Rogueboy in the middle of what was once a street, he could here Sniping ordering them to come to their senses but they could not here over the roar of the flames.

“What are we going to do about them?” asked Karash.

“We can’t do anything while the sniper is still out there,” bellowed Karash.

The flames had stopped spreading but they showed no sign of dieing down, for the time being the Raiders and the sniper were encased by the wall of fire. They could have just thrown the remainder of their grenades at the position that the sniper was in but that would have just spread the flames and it could have caused the building to collapse on top of them.

The sniper fired again, however this time he had made the mistake of revealing himself. Laser fire then surrounded him.

“Don’t let him move from that position,” order the squad leader.

Knowing that he had no chance of survival the sniper came out from his position and just fired at everything he saw; the Raiders returned his fire but nothing seemed to hit him. The sniper was getting ever closer to the squad, though he failed to notice the unexploded mine which was triggered as he ran.

There was another almighty explosion that caused the entire street to shake, more debris fell and several buildings collapsed upon the fire. Karash looked up and saw that the rest of his squad seemed to evade death once again, the rubble also put out a part of the fire.

Karash stood and observed what had happened; he could see the charred body of the sniper partially crushed under the rubble. The COM link then came to life.

“Additional support is being sent to delta section, caution should be taken enemy units have been spotted there,” said the voice before it once again faded away.

‘Little late’ thought Karash. As he turned to face the rest of his squad he saw that Dante and Rogueboy were still fighting. As he was walking towards the confrontation Karash realised that the easy part was over, the difficult part was just about to start.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by Karash (edited December 21, 2008 10:47:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Karash (edited December 21, 2008 10:49:15 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  301
December 21, 2008 11:05:22 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was slightly embarrassed by the situation but was grateful that Requeim showed up since he was very low on ammo, actaully he was completely out of ammo. He slung his rifle over his shoulder and unholstered his submachine gun. Zeshaun lurched and realized they had stopped moving. Zeshaun turned his head and saw that Requiem was holding his chest, obviously in pain. Zeshaun put a hand on his shoulder but Requiem brushed it away. Zeshaun asked what had happened and Requiem turned revealing a black scratch on his chest. Zeshaun suggested that they find a hiding spot and hide but Requiem wanted to keep moving.

Zeshaun loaded his submachine gun and made sure no one snuck up on them from behind. Requiem met up with Alan behind a shuttle that had it's wings detached. Zeshaun got off Requiem's back so that he could tend to his own wound. Zeshaun checked his leg and saw that the bleeding had nearly stopped, although it still hurt to put his full body weight on it. Requiem seemed to be doing well, his wound was not horrible and the bleeding was very minimal.

When Requiem tried to pick Zeshaun back up, Zeshaun told him to leave him here. I don't want to be too much of a problem. Zeshaun thought. He told them that he would be fine and he would call for help if he needed it. Alan and Requiem gave each other looks but they left, leaving Zeshaun alone. Here we go... Zeshaun thought propping himself up against the wingless shuttle.

The voices of the mercenaries could be heard over the shots and explosions, smoke filled the air and black marks scarred all the walls and the ceiling. Zeshaun noticed he was breathing very hard and he calmed himself. Who would have thought that mercenaries could put up such a good fight. Zeshaun thought, thinking back to his old mercenary group.

"Zesh, you doing okay." Alan's voice brought Zeshaun back.

"Yep, I'm still alive and kicking." Zeshaun replied.

Of the 10 remaining mercenaries Zeshaun estimated that about 5 or 6 of them were still left. The paladin's were having a hard time finding them in the large hangar. The biggest problem would be that the mercenaries seemed to have an infinite number of grenades, they never stopped coming. Just as Zeshaun was thinking that, a grenade rolled under out from under the shuttle. Zeshaun panicked and picked it up to throw back when he noticed the pin had not been pulled yet. Lucky break. Zeshaun thought putting the grenade in his belt. I'll just save that for later.

Zeshaun stationed himself so he was lying down and he could see under the shuttle. When he heard a shuffle of feet coming his was he aimed his submachine gun waiting for the feet the come by. When the feet were not wearing the recognizable trooper boots Zeshaun straffed the small area with blaster bolts. The man dropped down, unable to hold himself up on his now wounded feet. The man turned and started firing shots back at Zeshaun from the other side of the shuttle. Zeshaun unloaded a whole clip in the mercenary, just to make sure he died. Zeshaun sat back up and let out a sigh. Well, that was interesting. He thought while reloading his gun
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  160
Total Posts:  1218
December 21, 2008 12:56:30 AM    View the profile of Ron 
Inside the complex, Deth had already set his trap.  All entrances to the building had been sealed off from the outside, all of them except for the main one.  And in the main entrance, he had set up three large canisters of concussion gases, enough to knock out three rancors. 

"Did you set up the trap yet?" snarled Moorg.  He held his hand, or what remained of his hand, in the cradle of his armpit; groaning and swearing every time someone bumped into him.

Deth looked at him mercilessly.  "Tis your own fault yer hand got shot off.  You weren't looking the right way."

"It was your plan to take out the civilians to distract them!" Moorg yelled.

"Not my problem." Deth said. 

"I'll be damned if it is." Moorg whispered.  "And I can promise you Deth, your payback will be death.  Death for Deth."

Moorg cackled at his own joke while Deth set up the final tripwires to the system.  They were laser tripwires, which made it harder for them to be detected.

"Let's get moving, before we know it we're going to have a lot of sleeping visitors on our front door step." Deth grinned.

The remaining mercenaries followed Deth into the main room of the complex, while Moorg stayed behind; blaming his slowness on a sudden pain spurt from his hand.  Once everyone had left the entrance way, Moorg walked over to the entrance way and pulled free one of the gas containers.  Once he discarded that, he inserted a poison gas container at the end of the entrance hall, where he judged Deth would be standing when he came for the soon to be knocked out troopers.

"A lit'le present from an old friend." Moorg said to himself.  After he set this, he left the room to join the others in the computer room.
_ _ _

"Here we are." Joamer said.  In front of them rose the large complex that contained the terminals responsible for the mess.

Kanderin looked at the main entrance way.  The door hung open, slightly, but just enough to appear suspicious.  Helena walked up to it and looked back at Kanderin.

"It looks like..." she said.

"A trap." Kanderin finished.  He motioned for Ron and RK to patrol around the complex. 

"Split up, one of you to the right, the other to the left; check and see if there are any more entrances we can go through."

Ron and RK split up to search for the other entrances.  It wasn't long before they returned; RK first, then Ron.

"Well?" Kanderin said.

"I got nothing Kand." RK said.  "All of the doors are shut down, nothing we have right now can clear them open."

RK meant nothing could blow them up.  But what about hacking into them?

"Ron?"

"Negative.  I tried hacking into one of them, but I got no response.  The terminal for the door has been ripped out.  There's nothing I can do to get em open."

So they would have to enter the main doors, they would have to brave the trap.
_ _ _

Deth and Moorg stood in the entrance hallway, just out of range from the gas canisters.

"Report for Deth." came one of the mercenaries.

"Let's hear it." Deth said.

"They've gone round the building lookin for other ways in, and the target tried to get into one of the doors."

"And of course, she was unsuccessful." cackled Deth.

"He, Sir." the mercenary said.

"What?" Deth asked.

"The target I mean, it's the taller guy, the one Kinew put into his report..."

"Never mind Kinew." Deth said.  It didn't matter if they had been confused about the target before now, what mattered was that they knew who the target was for sure... no matter how they disguised it.

"They're going to enter the trap." the mercenary finished.

"As planned." said Deth.  He looked around him and finally fixed his eyes on Moorg.

"And now for the other part of the plan." Deth said to himself.

"Moorg my friend!" said Deth with false enthusiasm.

Moorg grinned his own false smile and said, "So everything is going to plan."

Deth nodded and said, "Almost everything." 

Moorg looked at him suspiciously before suddenly realizing what was happening.  Two strong mercenaries grabbed him from both sides, and dragged him over to the end of the entrance hallway, where he had set the poison canister.

"You thought you could kill me." Deth said.

"No!  No, I never did!" yelled Moorg.

"You wanted to kill me." Deth replied softly.

"What?  I respect you;  look up to you!"  Moorg yelled again.

"And now, you will die by your own demise." Deth finished, as quietly as before.

"Nooo!" Moorg screamed.

The two mercenaries held Moorg's mouth up to the canister and forced him to hold it between his teeth.  Green smog poured out of his nose and mouth, which spilled out down his body and onto the floor.  When at last the canister was empty, the mercenaries dropped him with a thud, and removed their gas masks.

"Quietly now." Deth said.  "Away from the entrance.  We still have to catch these intruders- and chances are they heard that fool's screams..."

-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  40
December 21, 2008 2:24:17 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem hesitated when Zeshaun told him to leave him be since Zeshaun was already in pain, Requiem knew the others that needed help to get rid of the 5 or 6 mercenaries left but somehow Requiem felt like he couldn't go on without him. Requiem looked to Zeshaun as he reloaded his weapon and began to fire down into the large hangar, Requiem smiled as he could take care of himself and than ran down the hangar in search of his other Paladin's members.

Requiem ran down the hangar and than yelled into the ComLink as he pressed his back against a vehicle he exhaled and than thought about his predicament, he was under heavy fire from 2 mercenaries who were gradually advancing on his area, Requiem could hear the blaster fire melt into the metal and than reflect off. He was getting desperate about how long he could stay in cover and he was wondering if he could get rid of both the guard's in one plight.

Requiem inhaled hard and reached to his belt, he grabbed a C-22 fragmentation grenade from a small hoop along its fabric and he began to hesitate, he pulled the pin on the device and threw it at his assailants seems this is going to be the worst part of my time today Requiem winced as he knew that was his last grenade but also from the ear screeching yell from the guards as they all flew through the air and landed in front of Requiem in a crumpled heap. Wow. . .10 points Requiem reached up to his armor and placed his hand over the small shield device wondering if he would need it.

Requiem shook his head and dropped his hand, he than reloaded his 2 IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistols and than gripped their Hilts again trying to get rid of the sweat that was protruding from his hands. Where's Alan ? Requiem heard running and took the chance to go after it. Requiem dashed to one opening in the middle of the Hangar and looked down.

The opening was made by 2 overturned vehicles who barred the left side and the right side of the hangar but left a large sliver of an opening big enough for a maximum of 2 people to go through at once. oh convenient Requiem placed his back against one of the vehicles and held his ground as more guard's shot at the trooper's trying to get rid of them.

Requiem spoke into his ComLink Rapidly trying to get a fast answer before the blaster's met their mark. " Alan ! Where are you ? " Requiem felt a slight tapping on his arm and swung around flinging out one of his 4 flyhigh throwing knives in succession to his palm and stopping at the sight of seeing Alan looking at him with an astonished look on his face while the knife was resting on his neck.

" Oh sorry. . . heheh Reflex ?" Requiem slowly flicked the flyhigh knives to face the blade down his wrist and he than placed it back into his belt.

Alan looked to Requiem and than continued to gaze at him from afar. " I'm not even going to make a comment about what almost happened. . . "

Alan shook his head and than signaled to Requiem as he than ran around him and placed his back onto the vehicle across the large opening. Requiem nodded as he than reached up to his chest, he than pushed the small devices activation key and a blue aura glowed around him Alan jumped towards Requiem as it grew and was protected inside of it.

" okay this wont work for that long, I fixed it but not that well. . . " Requiem confessed to Alan as they both fired out of the Blue Shell.

" Lets hurry this up. . . " Requiem yelled over to Alan on his left as he continued to fire out of the large shield.

Requiem and Alan knew they were heavily protected but they didn't want to risk the device to malfunction so they stayed in cover for most of the time they used the shield.

" Almost done. . . " Requiem continued to fire at the 2 mercenaries that were behind cover at least 12 meter's in front of them. Requiem smiled and hid behind cover despite Alan's many protests.

" We were almost their. . . what are you doing ? " Alan yelled out as they continued to relax from being out of the main line of fire.

" Oh you know that Droideka I told you about ? " Requiem asked eager to get on with the rest of the mercenaries.

" Yes what of it ? " Alan said as he turned got out of cover and fired down at the cover the mercenaries were using.

" Well it's fitted with a self destruct device. . .  " Requiem said as he saw Alan stop firing and than continue after it as if he was thinking.

Requiem chose this was a great time to tell him since he had seen the the Droideka right behind the 2 mercenaries staying hidden awaiting order's and not firing since it was probably out of power, i knew it would come in handy . Requiem slowly brought out the detonation device and activated it, the explosion rocked the large hangar and the facility screeched in process but it hold steady as the 2 mercenaries were gone from sight. seems the explosion was a bit too strong
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  302
December 21, 2008 3:29:21 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun could hear the last 3 mercenaries making plans. They obviously hadn't noticed that Zeshaun was resting his leg behind their hiding spot. Zeshaun examined the crates and metal boxes he was hiding behind. These can probably take a huge imapct. Zeshaun thought searching his belt for the grenade he had picked up earlier. Zeshaun held the grenade gently, rolling it around in his hands.

As Zeshaun listened it seemed the mercenaries were planning on making a run for it and leaving the paladin's locked in the hangar so that they couldn't be immediately pursued. I'm not letting you get away that easily. Zeshaun looked down at the greande Even if it costs me my life. Zeshaun held the grenade to his forehead saying a quick prayer and then pulled the pin.

He rolled the grenade over the box, and he heard it drop from the edge and continue to roll on the ground. The mercenaries heard the drop and came toward Zeshaun's spot. Just as the first mercenary was about to start shooting in Zeshaun's general direction the grenade went off. Zeshaun felt the heat before he felt the force of the explosion.

Zeshaun felt himself get hit hard by some boxes and splinters. The force threw him up against the wall and he saw one mercenary running around with splinters all up his back, screaming in pain. He noticed that the pain in his leg had subsided but he was now overcome by the pain in his back. Guess I hit the wall harder than I thought. Zeshaun thought. He closed his eyes and he put his down.

He awoke when he felt his body being shaken. A familiar voice was saying his name but he couldn't quite put the voice to a face. Some other voices mixed in with the mix. They were talking about mercenaries and explosions and someone being injured. I'm injured. Zeshaun rememberd, suddenly feeling the pain in his back.

Everything suddenly snapped back to reality. He remembered throwing the grenade at the mercenaries. He realized now that Lucky and Alan were both shaking Zeshaun trying to wake him.

"Maybe he's dead." Alan said solemnly.

"Don't say stuff like that, it doesnt help." Lucky said sounding even more concerned than Alan.

Zeshaun didn't like being mourned and he forced himself to hold himself up to make sure everyone saw that he was moving. Lucky and Alan both grabbed his arms and helped him up to his feet. Zeshaun thanked them both and held himself up against the wall. The rest of the squad explained that the explosion had taken out the rest of the mercenaries. Zeshaun just nodded too tired to care that much.

Zeshaun just sat back down and took his helmet off. The fresh breeze felt very good on his face, and it calmed him. Zeshaun observed the mess that they had made out of this hangar. Ships were in pieces, some still on fire. The grenades had torn up the ground, the walls, and the supplies. We're going to have a fun time explaining this to the mechanics we saved. Zeshaun thought smiling.

As if Requiem had read his mind he said "How are we going to pay back the owners of this hangar, we banged it up pretty bad."

Alan and Lucky both shrugged. "Maybe they'll be so grateful that we saved them that they'll wave the fees."

Everyone laughed, that was very unlikely. Even if they had saved their lives, the hangar was almost at the point of not being able be repaired. After the long fought battle, the squad was enjoying a moment of peace and happiness. What is this Frozt guy gonna throw at us next time. Zeshaun thought, hoping that Frozt would give up after this failure.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  305
December 21, 2008 7:48:29 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun listened intently from his spot on the ground. Lucky was reporting that they had completed their objectives, all the mercenaries were dead and the vehicle that they were planning to use was now unrepairable. Lucky nodded a lot and she seemed to be doing more listening than talking toward the end of her report.

"Yes sir, I understand." Lucky cut off her transmission with Cosmic.

She gathered everyone around and started to explain. She first congratulated the squad on completing their objectives, Cosmic was happy. Further more, she was given more orders. She brought out a datapad.

"Sending you a copy of the orders now." Lucky said.

Zeshaun took out his datapad and waited for the message to arrive. Find any clues about Frozt and his attack or his further plans. Zeshaun read to himself. Well this sounds fun. Zeshaun rolled his eyes and put his helmet back on. The squad came together again and discussed their plans. Zeshaun suggested they get a vehicle to make transportation around the city much easier. Zeshaun got up, his leg seemed to not bother him any more. He searched the hangar for a working vehicle. All they could find was a simple trooper transport

"It'll have to do." Zeshaun shrugged.

They climbed in, Alan took the wheel. Zeshaun complained but he knew he wouldn't be the best choice with his injured leg. Lucky took out a map of the city and canned it quickly. She chose to go to the Storm Trooper Corps headquarters. Maybe they could catch Frozt still in the central computer system. Lucky put the map away and Alan gunned the engine. They sped out of the hangar leaving the smokey mess behind.

Their ride took them through the city, the streets seemed rather dull for the certain time of day. Hmm, noon and there isn't anyone out shopping. Zeshaun thought leaning back against the chair. They must have gotten word of the attack and they figure it would be safer inside. Zeshaun shrugged and he reloaded his rifle. Let's go find out what we can about this Frozt guy He thought as the speeder slowed down. Looks like we're here.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited December 22, 2008 10:13:34 AM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  41
December 21, 2008 9:04:03 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem began to get cautious as they neared the STC headquarters and wondered if Frozt was still using the Central Computer. this is going to be harder than I thought Requiem slowly shook in his seat as the Trooper transport deactivated and stayed stationery waiting for its passengers to evacuate the vehicle since they had reached their destination.

Requiem somehow felt paranoid as the vehicle stopped and he reached for his weapon, he calmed himself down and than looked to his right to see that the rest of the squad was heading to the Cockpit to see what damage had been caused to the Storm Trooper Corps Headquarters. Requiem ran to the front of the transport and slid back the door to see the rest of the squad crowded around the 2 blaster proof plates of glass protruding from the metal's over the control's.

" It's so quiet. . . "Nick said as he saw the old headquarters he had gone too and everyone else had seemed to say the same thing.

Alan fully deactivated the the transport and ushered Nova out of the way so that he could get to the Loading Ramp.

Requiem and Nick stood side by side as they saw the ramp lower to the ground, Nick jumped down the ramp and than looked up to see Requiem with a certain feeling of hesitation on his face as he than slowly walked down the ramp. I have a really bad feeling Requiem than slowly moved his hand's down to his sides to grab both of his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistols but he hesitated.
He than placed his hand up and reached to his back, he than grasped his M82-G Assault Rifle from a small bundle with his M-590 Assault Rifle and than reloaded it.

Requiem nodded as he made sure that the G-Pack of the weapon was reloaded and he checked it to make sure that he could use it when the time was right.

Lucky exhaled and than slowly spoke out eager to get her objective done and she seemed to notice everyone else did as well. " Okay, lets get inside, find this J'ak Frozt and if we can capture him and if all works out we figure out his next plan of attack.

The rest of the squad nodded and they walked up the bleached white step's of the STC HQ they all positioned themselves on separate sides of the entrance and they all got ready. Alan walked up to the door and sent his Rifle down into it's glass, it exploded in an uncountable amount of shard's and than covered the floor in a clear blue reflection that everyone shielded their eyes from because of the sunset's glare.

Alan began to speak on his ComLink as he than walked over the glass not aware that the pieces were sharp. " Okay. . . first off let's try and find the central computer system. " Alan sighed and than signaled as the squad followed suit and than continued in their separate directions in teams of 2 trying to find the Central Computer System. Requiem was paired off with Nick and they each departed in search of getting rid of this objective.

" Okay, Nick where do you think most things are kept as to keep secret and safe from trainees ? "Requiem said as he rounded a corner with his weapon at the ready looking into separate room's only to see more carcasses and bodies.

" The meeting room. . .they barely used it but they annually entered it without anyone else, I wondered what they did in their anyway I might get my answer today. "

" I thought about that too. . ." Requiem confessed and he than signaled to Nick to round the next bend.

Requiem told Alan and Lucky to meet them at the meeting room after they told them about their idea. They all agreed that this was the most logical choice and they chose to meet in front of the meeting room. Requiem rounded a corner and saw Alan and lucky running down towards them with Zeshaun and Nova in tow.

" Okay, let's check it out " Zeshaun said as Lucky bashed down the door and they all entered the room in a clatter.

Requiem walked around the room sorry. . . Requiem grabbed a durasteel cabinet in the corner of the room and pushed it over, Requiem searched the wall behind it for anything leading into the Central Computer system but it seemed unworthy. Requiem got up as he stopped shifting through the somehow endless pile of paper's discarded on the floor.

" Guys I found something. . . " Alan said as he was examining the bottom of the table for any special control's.

Requiem and the rest of the squad walked over as Alan pointed to the wall, he than fully pressed in the small indent he found on the bottom of the table and he smiled as a piece of the wall slide back to reveal an unusually high scaled room with large machines extending from the floor to the ceiling's. Shit Requiem watched as Lucky entered the room and than got into cover she issued her arm out and told the squad to hide. She looked back out of cover and saw 3 figure's staring at a bright screen.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited December 22, 2008 10:16:16 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  2719
Total Posts:  3342
December 22, 2008 10:24:42 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Cosmic wrote:
Here's how the story will progress:

1) As the squads continue to make progress completing their objectives, the Dominion intercepts an outgoing message from somewhere on the planet. The following message is repeated three times: "Exodus Now."

2) Two hours later, two unknown Victory-Class Star Destroyer jumps out of hyperspace and begins to engage the Dominion. The unknown VSD's release six TIE squads to engage us (3 TIE squads per VSD).

3) While the Dominion attempts to fend off the new arrivals, the scanners aboard the Dominion pick up a new unarmed ship (starfighter sized) signature and one life sign. (The individual in this starfighter is J'ak Frozt). Frozt's ship manages to jump into hyperspace while the two VSD's keep the Dominion occupied. Once Frozt successfully makes the jump, the two unknown VSD's recall their TIE squadrons and retreat into hyperspace themselves.

4) The squads successfully complete their objectives and return to the Dominion. We send the anti-virus program (if we found one) back to Tadath -OR- (if an anti-virus was not found, but some other method was) we'd still make contact with Tadath. We head back home.

5) Once the Dominion returns to Tadath, we receive a message from STC HQ stating that someone has tried to (unsuccessfully) slice back into the STC database systems.

6) The slicer, J'ak Frozt tries to escape in Tadath - we find that numerous Stormtroopers have been killed.

7) Upon catching up to Frozt, we find that he has an escort of four Noghri with him (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Noghri). (Grand Admiral Thrawn currently controls the Noghri - *big gasp here*)

8) We manage to capture Frozt and repel the Noghri by sheer numbers. It may be fun to have Frozt try to escape, but die in the process. That'd be up to you guys.

---------------------

Upon your successful mission objectives (and all enemies have been wiped out), call for a troop transport for your recovery.

Squad Objectives for Tadath

Jester and Blackjack - engage Jak Frozt and the Noghri.

Wraith - work with our systems and apply the supposed anti-virus.

RAIDERS - keep Frozt and the Noghri from escaping (probably disable ship or whatnot - considering these are Noghri, prepare for injuries. They'll be wanting to hightail it out of there, so you won't have to worry about any deaths for the moment - deaths of NPCs Stormtroopers could happen though).

Paladin - scout our home base for any other problems (you'll find a good amount of dead bodies of troopers).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

OK? Stick to your objectives. Run out of things to do? Don't screw up other squad's. Ask your SL, who should goto the PC, Rizzit, or Cosmic.
Karash
ComNet Novice

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  25
December 22, 2008 3:56:56 PM    View the profile of Karash 
The squad leader walked up to the scuffling troopers and pulled then apart and Virius held Dante back.

“What the hell do you think you were doing!” boomed the squad leader.

Neither spoke but Dante continued to mumble about something about Rogueboy being under arrest.

“He murdered, Private Drental,” replied Dante.

“Drental was one of them, he and his mate were about to kill all of us, so we opened fire,” explained.

Dante’s seemed to freeze on the spot, the squad leader then proceeded to shout loudly at everyone. However Karash’s attention was drawn by a noise that came from just ahead of them, there were footsteps and they were getting nearer; the rest of the squad seemed to have not noticed because Sniping was still shouting at them. Figures than appeared through the smoke and what was worse was that they were carrying guns.

“Freeze!” roared Karash.

The Raiders all turned their attention to the people just ahead of them and all aimed their guns at them. The squad leader came forward from their squad.

“Don’t move or we will fire, now identify yourselves!” ordered first sergeant Sniping.

The opposite trooper stopped and called over to the raiders.

“We have been sent to stop the attackers from escaping, I’m captain Harrly,” said the trooper, who now looked rather shaken.

The Raiders continued to aim their weapons at the ‘new troopers’ until the voice over the COM link had authenticated them, even then the suspicions remained because the Raiders would be unlikely to survive another attack like the last one.

After the two squad leaders had discussed a few things, they began to move once again; apparently they were on the way to nearby spaceport where there was a transport waiting to take the attackers to safety. The very thought of them getting to safety made everyone burn with hatred because they were to pay for what they had done to Tadath.

“Halt,” ordered the squad leader.

They had almost reached their destination but now they needed to be even more careful because the ship was likely to be protected by mines, auto-turrets or mercenaries. They slowly made there way into the spaceport, each person scouring their surroundings to make sure that they didn’t get blown up. There was a noise coming from behind a stack of crates, everybody turned and aimed at the boxes and prepared for a fight.

“Go and see what that it,” ordered Sniping.

Gunnery sergeant Yillis and Corporal Gaz made their way over, each of them mumbling as they went.

“Ha,” laughed Yillis.

“It’s only an astromech,” Gaz continued.

They continued to make their way through the entrance of the spaceport until they came to a ship, it was the only transport in that area and therefore the one they were looking for. The squads stopped and looked at it for a moment; it was not a fancy ship or one that seemed to have great amounts of weaponry, though everybody knew that ship had carried the people that had destroyed many parts of the city.

Karash looked up and thought, ‘well, what do we do now’.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:49:40 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 445  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >