Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  773
Total Posts:  2175
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
December 14, 2008 9:15:07 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
As Jegora stood in the nearly deserted hangar, staring at a very expensive, very fast looking shuttle, an idea struck him. Why destroy the shuttle when they could use it to make their escape?

Catching Gio’s attention, Jegora motioned in Angel’s direction. Gio nodded, and proceeded to make his way to the Jester squad leader. Jegora did the same. When he was standing close enough Jegora pulled off his helmet. Gio did the same. These weren’t words for the rest of the squad to here.

“We can clear that shuttle,” Gio told Angel. Right away the Jester commander knew what the two senior troopers were thinking, and shook his head.

“No, absolutely not. I won’t allow it,” Angel said, his voice brooking no discussion. Right then, however, Jegora was feeling particularly rebellious. He knew his actions would have consequences, but he was prepared to deal with those. Right now he just wanted off this god forsaken rock.

Standing his ground, Jegora met his squad leader’s eye. It wasn’t an easy task. Unlike most of the Army, Jegora had an inkling of just how dangerous his squad leader really was. Still, Jegora managed it, and so did Gio. “It’s the fastest way. If we assault it with guns we’ll lose troopers, probably to friendly fire, and the shuttle will be unusable,” Jegora argued.

At that moment Aeos hurried up to where the three men were standing. “Just got off the comm. with the Dominion, all the Sentinels are deployed. Apparently everyone is scrambling to get out of this place. We either wait, or find our own transportation.”

Gio, who had been listening to Aeos, turned his attention back to Angel. “We can do it, and we can use the shuttle. It’s the easiest way.”

Aeos looked at Gio, then to Jegora, then to Angel, and then back to Jegora. “You can’t be serious,” she said pointedly. Shrugging his massive shoulders Jegora kept his eyes fixed on Angel, who’s face had gone from serious to thoughtful. Finally, after a long pause, Angel nodded his head.

“Do it, and for the love of the Force don’t get killed,” he said, his voice grim.

Gio and Jegora nodded. “Yes sir,” the both said in unison. Turning away, they began to strip their armor off.

While flexible, standard stormtrooper armor limits joint movement to a degree that can be undoubtedly fatal in a close-quarters melee encounter. Snowtrooper armor was even worse. So it was that both the troopers had to strip their armor off, leaving them only a thing black bodysuit. They even lacked boots or shoes, and the only thing separating their feet from the incredibly cold metal flooring was a thin piece of material. It wasn’t along before both were stepping gingerly.

After Jegora was done stripping his armor off he reached down and extracted his combat knife from its thigh sheathe. Testing its edge to make sure it was still razor sharp, Jegora was both surprised and a little angry when it easily shredded his bodysuit, nearly drawing blood on the finger below.

By the time Jegora was sure he had everything in order Gio was ready to go as well. The two walked over to the ramp, trying (and failing) to block out the cold. To their credit, neither let the extreme temperatures affect them more than physically. Mentally they were entirely focused and ready for the upcoming challenge.

As the two troopers stood at the edge of the ramp the rest of the Jesters seemed to realize what was about to happen. Several protests were raised, and subsequently shushed by Angel, but Jegora barely noticed these exchanges. He was in the zone now, a state of awareness and readiness so profound that it is unexplainable. Beside him, Gio was in an eerily similar state. They stood there, tensed, coiled snakes preparing to strike a helpless mouse.

And then they moved.

The casual observer would have missed it. The two powerfully built men propelled themselves up the ramp with such sudden speed that they seemed to be a blur, although this was a much exaggerated description. There was no denying, however, that the two men in black moved with a quickness that spelled death for those inside.

It was in boarding the shuttle that the enemy troopers made their gravest error. They had not expected the Vast Empire stormtroopers to be proficient enough in melee combat to be able to attack the ship directly. For the most part, they were right.

However, Jegora and Gio weren’t just Stormtroopers. They were much, much more, trained in arts beyond that of the common soldier. They quickly ascended up the ramp, moving with a grace and speed that defied their respective sizes. Nothing could be seen from the outside of the ship, and from where they were perched on top of the transport Jager and Jori peeked into the cockpit, only to see the two men leave and not return. The only hint the Jesters standing watch outside the ship had as to the proceedings inside the ship was the occasional grunt, thump, and scream that echoed throughout the large cavernous hangar. Suddenly a loud burst of blasterfire emanated from the interior of the shuttle.

And then all was silent. Finally, after a tense moment in which all the Jesters feared the worse, Jegora and Gio descended the ramp. Jegora had a cut on his cheek and was holding his bloody left arm, while Gio was holding a large gash on his thigh thigh. Both bore nicks from knife blades and bullets in multiple places, but for the most part they were uninjured. Motioning the rest of the squad into the back, the two troopers ascended back into the interior of the ship.

The rest of the Jesters soon followed, and together the squad carried the bodies down the ramp. There were five of them in all, and more than once Jegora and Gio received admiring glances in their direction from various troopers. All the troopers except Aeos, that was. The ASL seemed to be shooting daggers at Jegora, and it was making him uncomfortable. He resolved to figure out just what existed between them when the mission was over, and promptly shrugged off the glares. As the last body was dumped in the hangar, Gio and Jegora suited back up, grateful to be putting insulated clothing back on.

As the Jesters gathered at the bottom of the ramp in order to figure out what to do next, there was a loud thump from inside the ship. Hoisting their weapons, Aeos and Sam quickly moved back up the ramp, followed by the rest of the Jesters. Inside they found a rather plump looking individual who was apparently trying to get a weapon out of a secure locker, and in the process making lots of noise. Jegora didn’t know how he and Gio had missed him the first time, but he was certain the man wouldn’t be escape again. Aeos moved forward, intent on ordering the man to surrender. She never got the chance.

Instead the man succeeded in drawing a blaster from the cabinet, turned…and crumpled as a shot rang out. From the rear of the squad Angel held one of his blaster pistols in hand. Aeos, who’s rifle was already to her shoulder, lowered her weapon and proceeded to help Sam drag the Jesters’ newest victim out of the transport. When they returned, Angel wasted no time.

“Who here can fly?” he asked.

Aeos raised a hand, and Jegora hesitated before grunting. It had been a long time since he had flown anything, and those memories were all a little fuzzy, but he figured he could handle one little transport.

Angel nodded at the two. “You’re up. Get us out of here.”

Jegora nodded and moved off to the cockpit, but before he could get very far Bright came up to him. “You’re shot,” she said, her voice slightly laced with concern.

“It’s nothing,” Jegora said absently, intent on making his way to the cockpit.

Bright wasn’t going to give up that easily. “But-” she began.

Jegora cut her off. “He missed, for the most part, and it didn’t breech the hull. It’s nothing,” he re-stated, his voice cold and lifeless. With that he pushed by his fellow trooper, moving into the cockpit and taking the pilots chair. Aeos sat down next to him in the co-pilot’s seat.

“Think we can do this?” she asked, her voice holding some residual anger.

Jegora merely grunted again. They didn’t have much choice.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1778
Total Posts:  1920
December 14, 2008 9:18:43 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante stared at his battered helmet, and the helmet stared back. The slanted visor had a long crack running down the middle, and there was a blackened crater on the top where a blaster bolt had glanced off. The helm, once white with grey stripes running down to the bottom of the rebreather, was now so battered as to be almost unrecognizable. The right shoulder-pad had cracked in two from a vibrosword slash, and the left was missing its top half from another lucky shot. These went in a heap on the left as Dante sorted through his armour in a process made familiar by repetition and many drills.

Next, the trooper began to sort through the suit's chest and arm pieces. The bulky heating equipment and the chestplate mounted controls still worked, as confirmed when Dante thoroughly tested them. He'd seen troopers dying on Yuka from hypothermia, and it hadn't been pretty.

The left chestplate was smudged by ash, but that wouldn't affect its function and would add to its distinctiveness. They went onto the right pile with a clatter. The other half of the torso armour had been almost burned away by a direct hit.

Dante winced as he bent down to pick it up, partly because of the memory and partly because of the pain the movement caused him when the bacta-soaked bandages shifted. Hissing quietly, and mentally running through several mantras, the trooper kicked the plate away and sat back up.

The plate landed with a clatter, bounced once, and stopped. Still muttering curses under his breath, Dante sorted through the rest of the pile. Nearby, Gaz snored, blissfully aware of Rogueboy's little prank. Dante snorted. When the Corporal woke up, he'd find himself in somewhat of a sticky situation. Rogueboy had explained his plans to Dante, who'd agreed to turn a blind eye to the bottles of adhesive and bright pink blanket the Platoon Sergeant had brought in.

Pink blankets...Bah, the man has no imagination.

Dante could think of half a dozen more interesting possibilities, but it really was none of his business. Instead, he focused on preparing his armour for the inevitable second round. Snipes was still missing, although Dante had a feeling the pirate was on somewhat less than official business. Bugger him, and bugger the rest of the higher-ups. As long as the ship held together, and as long as the RAIDERS weren't called back into combat before Dante had finished with his armour, he really didn't care what went on. With a sigh, he threw the left leg-guard onto the refuse pile and got up to pick out replacements from the supply racks.

Bone-white armour pieces in his arms, the trooper walked back to his bunk and began to suit up. Nearby, Gaz stirred, turned over, and went back to sleep. Dante repressed a grin. The trooper would not be happy when he finally woke up. The snowtroooper armour went on piece by piece, with Dante working up from the leggings and boots.

He so did enjoy these intermissions.
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 14, 2008 9:53:25 PM)]
Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2208
Total Posts:  3141
December 14, 2008 11:45:05 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
“I can’t believe Angel allowed you to, I swear I will skin him-“

“If you were capable of that,” Jegora machete-d back at her.

Aeos bit back her tongue, but she stole her concentration away from the control panel in front of her and shot Jegora a spiteful glare. The large man grimaced and feigned a mocking smile at her.

“It got the job done,” he muttered sighing. 

“I don’t want to see it again, we can’t risk exposure and you know it,” she hissed.

Jegora shook his head confused and uncaringly for that moment and leaned back in his seat to reach another set of control that were suspended in the roof of the cockpit.

“Listen, we discuss it later, right now we need to get this thing out of here, and I need to contact the Dominion and let them know this is not a enemy ship, you have more experience flying, so I’ll leave it to you,” Aeos spoke hastily through small exclamations as she yanked at the small antenna of her earphones. 

Jegora’s eyes snapped to her in gentle surprise. His focus failed to stray from the task at hand, but Aeos could detect the confused frustration simmering in his subconscious.

Back when I met you…you were quite the pilot, and no doubt still is,” she said softly.

Her right hand reached out as if wanting to give his one free hand a friendly squeeze, but she withdrew it quickly and looked down at the communications controls in feigned frustration.

“Get the thing in the air Jegora,”

A few sparks suddenly ignited followed by a small poof!. Aeos slammed her fist against the controls of the board in front of her.

“Hello…work?” she muttered trying another few more fists.

This could not be good. She needed to contact the Dominion if they were to arrive with an enemy frequency radiating off the stolen shuttle.

“Somewhere something must have damaged the internal structure of the console, see if you can open the box, maybe some wires got fried. If we can cross them over to new connections it will work,” Jegora said automatically, his eyes scanning the interior of the cockpit now with a scrutinizing glance.

“Rightio, Aeos muttered, her hand reaching out already to a small toolkit that hung from the wall for emergencies like these. The small red box had the exact collection of tools ready and Aeos unstrapped herself from her seat to bend down to the floor.

“I don’t know which of the wires fried, I’m going to open each and every one of them and then just build a bridge over to the main wire with new extensions. Chances are it will fry as well after five minutes of currency, so our window of opportunity is small but possible.” Aeos started saying.

Jegora flipped the last series of switches and the ship softly started to purr.

“Good, get us away from here, we wasted enough time not flying,” 

A clang of metal followed by a string curses followed from beneath Aeos’ seat. Jegora grinned lightly. At least she managed to get the box open.

“I’m working on it, we don’t exactly own this junk,” he muttered curtly.

Jesters had been well on their way to the Dominion now. And surprisingly they haven’t been targeted by other air-borne vessels or space vessels. Touch wood. Jegora was gently nudging the shuttle to be ever so speedier while Aeos was kept herself busied with the communications controls.

“Aeos, I’m nearing target, we are running out of time,”

A grunt emitting from Aeos’ aggravated frame gave Jegora a slight nervous twitch in his stomach.

“Aeos…”

“Damn it, whoever slapped this together did a shit job, wiring is a mess, give me three more minutes!”

“We don’t have three minutes,” Jegora said calmly, his steely eyes focusing on the huge set of control in front of him.

Static noise suddenly emitted over the small speakers, followed by a string of garbled gibberish.

“That must be the Dominion trying to contact us. This is where I usually say something that will not get me shot at-“

“Not helping Jeg, but I think its wire leading to the decoder drive that fried, “Aeos muttered through gritted teeth. The woman suddenly banged her head against the foot-pillar of her chair. Jegora had swerved the shuttle violently trying to avoid as a fighter pilot open-fired on them.

“Any time Aeos!” Jegora cried through clenched teeth.

Underneath, Aeos tried not to lose nerve and head as her fingers calmly braided a string, weaving it around the exposed copper lead that connected to the decoder drive.

“Almost there, “she muttered to herself, bracing herself as Jegora swerved again.

The veteran pilot would only be able to handle the ship so far before the smaller and faster fighter pilots will out-maneuver him. Aeos could faintly make out the angry yells from Angel from the back of the shuttle. The poor squad had no clue why they were being shot at by their own people.
Her intense focus blurred everything around her, including Jegora’s voice which was now calling through the microphone already for the attacks to halt. Despite her efforts, Aeos would be given no warning of when the rewiring effort would start working.

The fact that the shuttle hadn’t suffered any serious shots despite Jegora’s second pre-occupation with the communications remained a miracle. For a pilot who seemed to be unaware of his previous service record and memories that accompanied that part of his life, he was doing damn fine.  A sudden exclamation from Jegora shouting something indicated they have made connection. Another voice, a calm electronically muttering was inquiring about security codes. Jegora was now talking rapidly above her. Aeos tried to keep her fingers as still as possible. If the wires shifted to unexpectedly in her hands, they could lose communication.

Aeos’ thoughts were still processing everything incoherently but she could guess from Jegora’s suddenly relaxed frame above her that the attacks have been called off. They were cleared for landing. Sighing in relief she relaxed her muscles and started making her out from underneath the chair when suddenly the ship suddenly lurched and flipped over tumbling out of Jegora’s control. A stray attack must have found them as a target.

She didn’t have time to register anything except that she was nearing the frail glass slide-door which separated the cockpit from the passengers, with flying speed. Aeos crashed through the door. The rush of sudden adrenaline pushed Aeos’ sense of aware to a higher level, and it was as if the world slowed down.  It was strange, and almost surreal for her, her eyes spotting the sudden surprise on the Jesters’ face seeing their ASL literally flying past them and their seats. The shards that cut into her neck and face hurt, a lot, but it was nothing in comparison with the sudden explosion of pain that welted across the back of her head when she finally hit the back of the shuttle. She didn’t even register blacking out, as everything turned into a blur of darkness.
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  415
Total Posts:  535
December 15, 2008 12:18:50 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
A few sprays of laser fire flew over his head and across the field. The mercs must be having a hard time spotting them without aid of top of the line targeting systems. Bringing his rifle up Orobos took down another merc in a flurry of shots and then moved quickly knowing that they'd pour their fire into any place they saw enemy lasers coming from.

Orobos jumped up from the snow the rest of the mercs chasing them were down and their way towards the shuttle was clear he followed the non-injured(mostly) back into the shuttle. It was a minute or two before the door actually closed and another few before they took off.

Huh, so once there's no enemies left they think it's safe to take their time?

Shaking his head Orobos sat down and dropped his weapon into the seat next to him. The squad was tired, very tired and there had been quite a few wounded this time round. From when he sat down Orobos had felt a bit queasy though now he felt like throwing up and very faint.

"Eh... you all right?" Gates asked then pointed towards his armour.

Looking down at his heavily battered and worn armour Orobos say a small trickle of blood dribbling out through one of the cracks and onto the shuttle floor. Grunting he pulled at the hidden straps and seals securing his armour and tugged slightly. The chest-plate dropped to the floor. Underneath there he was a mess, his fur was coated and matted with blood. There was a lot of blood on the inside of the armour too.

"Ah crap," he said leaning back and reaching for some bacta. A medic approached.

"Alright, don't worry it's the the shock and adrenaline wearing off it'll start to hurt in a few minutes,"

"Way ahead of you doc," Orobos said grunting as the pain really started to set in.

"Don't worry just a few small fragments, they're not that deep. Take these out, some batca and bandages and you'll be good as new."

"Yeah... right" he replied as the medic started extracting a few of the inside fragments of his armour.

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Karash
ComNet n00b

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  425
December 16, 2008 10:50:24 AM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash sat in the corner of the room taking stock of what had happened to him. He had only just gotten out of the academy and had been sent to the Dominion and placed in Raiders’ squad. He had joined the battle a little later than everyone else and was currently waiting to see some action, though he was a little bemused by what he could see. There was one trooper sat cleaning his armour that had obviously seen fighting recently, but the strangest thing was a trooper asleep with pink stuff stuck to him. Karash had decided to ignore the ‘pink trooper’ when he plucked up the courage to ask a question.

“What are we waiting for?” asked Karash

“One squad hasn’t returned yet,” replied one troopers. “I am Platoon Sergeant Rougeboy.”

“I’m Private Karash.”

Karash was still confused about why he had been placed in a squad, in the middle of a battle but he didn’t dwell on it. His attention was suddenly drawn to the armour they were wearing; Karash could remember it from his training, it was snowtrooper armour. The one thing that stuck in his mind was how uncomfortable that armour was; he noticed people’s injuries next. It was then that it dawned on Karash that maybe they needed a medic and that is why he was placed in the squad.

“That is Sergeant First Class Dante,” said Platoon Sergeant Rougeboy, referring to one polishing their armour.
“And that’s Corporal Gaz,” he said, referring to the pink trooper.

“Shouldn’t be long before we get back to action, so I’d get ready,” said Sergeant First Class Dante.

Karash then sat and wondered ‘why was that trooper pink’.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1781
December 16, 2008 11:05:58 AM    View the profile of Dante 
"That is Sergeant First Class Dante."

At the sound of his name, Dante glanced up, noticing the presence of the nervous looking young trooper standing next to Rogueboy and taking in the room. He took a moment to consider what to say, then nodded at the trooper.

“Shouldn’t be long before we get back into the action, so I’d get ready if I were you."

As he spoke, the trooper couldn't help recoiling slightly inside. This Private was obviously new to the Corps, and probably had no idea what was going on or what he would be thrown into. Within an hour, he'd probably be in combat, possibly for the first time in his career.

If Karash was lucky, it would be a nice simple mopping up operation, with nothing more dangerous than the odd technician and fallen debris. Luck and RAIDERS Squad, however, seemed to go along different paths whenever mission assignments came up. Having taken all this into consideration, Dante should probably have been a little less blunt. Too late to fix that now anyway.

Rogueboy wandered over to his bunk, leaving Karash standing in the middle of the room. The new trooper looked around, found an empty bunk, and sat down. Dante noted, with some amusement, that he'd found Snipes' bunk. He was about to point that fact out to Karash beat him to it. Pointing to Gaz, he spoke for the first time since he'd entered the room.

"I couldn't help noticing...but is that trooper wearing a pink blanket?"

"Yes, and..." Dante began, only to have Rogueboy speak over him mid-sentence.

"...it's just a quirk of him; pay it no mind."

Dante opened his mouth and closed it again a few times, then shrugged.

"What Gorjan over there said."

What the hell; it's funnier this way.

Gaz moaned, then started to struggle as he slowly woke up.

OOC:
If this counts as post-quoting/fluff, I'll remove it. Poor, poor Cursed...
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 16, 2008 11:11:54 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2699
Total Posts:  3342
December 16, 2008 12:16:13 AM    View the profile of Angel 
"OUT OF THE WAY!" Angel screamed at the top of his lungs. "MOVE MOVE MOVE!" The sergeant was in a dead sprint, well, as much of one as he could manage with one arm hanging limply at his side. Every tendon and muscle fiber in his body burned with the exertion, so much so that with every stride he felt his body would collapse. Each breath seared his lungs and seeped more and more blood from the wound in his shoulder.

But that wasn't important right now. Jegora was at his side, keeping with him step after step as they bee-lined for the med bay. In his arms was cradled the limp form of Aeos. The lieutenant's head bobbed back and forth as Jegora's powerful strides echoed down the hallway. A small trail of blood was following them as the cuts on her face and neck ran off her cheeks and dripped to the floor.

"Kriffing hell..." Jegora wheezed. Fatigue was also taking the big man as a long and stressful mission had worn down his own stamina, albeit not as far as his Squad Leader. "Why the hell is the med bay so far from the hangar."

Finally having gotten the Dominion to stop it's attack, Jegora had come in hot with his landing, not bothering with standard landing procedures. The shuttle's landing pads had sparked brilliantly, gouging the durasteel deck as it skidded to a stop. Before that, Angel had started the boarding ramp down as soon as they passed through the magnetic field, and Jegora was already out of the pilot's seat before they had stopped.

Angel sensed the confusion of his troops at the concern he showed for Aeos and the speed at which he had leapt to her aid. From this, he could tell they did not understand his complexities yet. Yes, he was ruthless in battle. Yes, he would flambe non-combatants without hesitation. But those people were his enemy. They pulled him from the safety of his barracks, and the warmth of his bed to some God-forsaken planet and why? Because they had some stupid grudge and wanted to threaten his way of life. Truth be told, he did feel guilt at his cruel actions, but they were necessary.

War is brutal, His brother Jubei had said to him. If you aren't willing to do the job, someone on the other side will. Then you're dead.

The edges of Angel's vision started to blacken as his legs turned to mush. Breathing in slow ragged gasps, he caught Aeos cough up a mouthful of blood which streaked behind them. As if on cue, the two troopers skidded to a halt in front of the medical bay. With no hands free, Jegora simply put one massive foot to the door and slammed it open. A few startled patients jerked their heads towards the massive noise, several of which screamed in pain a few moments later after realizing their injuries really didn't warrant such motions.

Ignoring the other patients, Jegora and Angel found an empty bed and gently set down their ASL. Stopping what it was doing, the medical droid quickly came over as it gauged this indeed was a bigger emergency than smoke inhalation and blaster burns. A second droid came up behind Angel unnoticed, and poked at his injured shoulder.

"OFF ME!" He yelled at the droid, smacking it with his good arm. "Help her!"

No sooner had he finished that sentence, when his comlink beeped. "Sergeant Nimiichi, please report to the bridge."

Sithspawn, now what

"Wait." Angel said in disbelief. "What?"

"Lieutenant Sharp has relieved herself of duty." Rizzit said calmly. The Army XO was leaning over a display of the Naval engagement raging outside. "Just before the attack on the Dominion, she received a message on the Holonet from Lotaith. It seems her mother has fallen ill."

Realizing his jaw was wide open, Angel quickly shut it and composed himself. How could she leave...without saying goodbye?

"We granted her request and she left shortly thereafter." Cosmic finished, studying another display about fighter compliments and what their losses were. "Since you were acting as her adjutant, we decided that the most seamless transition would be to move you into the role of Platoon Commander of Storm."

"Congratulations, Sergeant." Rizzit added. "We've served a long time together, and you deserve it."

Snapping a salute to his superiors, Angel added, "Thank you sirs. If I may ask though, what about Jester Squad?"

Cosmic and Rizzit traded glances before the Prefect responded. "It is unusual, however not without precedence, that you will remain squad leader while serving as Platoon Commander."

"We're in the middle of a draining campaign, and we can't afford to have our best soldiers stuck behind desks. We're short handed as it is and fighting an uphill battle." Rizzit continued. "Having a platoon commander in the field should also help our battle tactics in combat."

"Besides." Cosmic interrupted, "Jester seems to have done quite nicely in this mission." The Prefect tapped the silver datadisk sitting on the console next to him. Angel had surrendered the anti-virus as soon as he had arrive on the bridge, having assumed that it was the reason he had been called up. Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined Kami leaving...

"One last thing sir?" Angel inquired. "What will become of Jana Sleicer, the tech who accessed the data for us. We promised her safe passage to VE space, and a commission in the Army if she so chose. Of course we don't have to honor that, but she did save my squads hind parts towards the end. Plus, she helped develop the virus and could prove very useful against any further attacks."

"We'll address that based on what we find on that disk." Rizzit answered. "Right now, you should get back to med bay and get that shoulder looked at. The rest of your squad has gone there to check on Lieutenant Aeos."

Snapping a crisp military salute, Angel allowed himself to breath as normal as possible, before limping off the bridge.

Emperor's black bones I need a smoke...
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 16, 2008 12:16:43 AM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  75
December 16, 2008 3:58:43 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem fired a second round off into a stationery target in the middle of the long metallic firing range. He began to frown and than dropped his weapons aimlessly to his sides. He placed them back up to his chest, turned them and than slammed them to his belt as the ammo fell out and with a sudden movement the ammo was replaced and the weapons nestled in his hand's. I wonder where Zeshaun is ? Requiem than fully placed his weapons back and than stretched his hands and raised his arm's to the air in a normal stretching position.

" Hey. . .HEY. ALANNNNNNN ! " Alan continued to fire down the range but turned his head in Requiem's direction and spoke over the ComLink.

" 'What ? " Alan had a certain annoyance in his voice because he wanted to get back to the range.

" I'm going to the bar. . .See you "

" Ok, i,ll talk to you later "

Requiem pushed passed Alan and looked to Nick still firing off into the range in a deep sense of concentration and focus, Requiem watched as he hit every target with unusual precision and anxiety as his blaster fire went straight through the target's Center and rested on to the Shields that glowed ominously at the back of the range and than evaporated in to nothing.

" OI, NICK " Requiem yelled towards Nick, and than fully stepped over to him as Nick responded with a nod of the head and than his blaster fire stopped.

" What ? " Nick said in protest as he seemed bored as well and wanted to get out of the room that was beginning to get unusually hot.

" I'm going to the bar, wanna come along ? " Nick had already been to the bar earlier today but Requiem wondered if he would go with some company.

" Yea sure, I need to get some air anyway "

" Cool. . .we might as well go find Zeshaun along the way " Requiem nodded his head towards the door and began to walk with Nick by his side headed to look for Zeshaun and get to the bar.

Requiem ran down the hallway with Nick in tow as Zeshaun rounded a corner and than sighted them from afar, he placed his hand on the wall and clenched his chest in physical fatigue and than began to look side to side as if he was searching for something. Requiem saw the weapon on his back and noticed he had never used it before and it seemed to be Zeshaun's 2 favorite weapons. when did he get that ?

" Zeshaun. . .when and where did you get that Assault Rifle ? " Requiem asked as he than fully examined the shotgun attachment connected to the barrel of the weapon. and where can I get one ?

" Nowhere. . .where were you guys ? "

" We were at the Range. . . " Nick spoke out eager to get back to the bar.

" So their is one. . . where are you headed ? "Zeshaun asked as he began to run on the spot.

" The Bar, 1 right, 1 left , around the corner and the 4th door on your right is the range See ya "

Requiem watched as Zeshaun said his thankyou's and sprinted around the corner and than disappeared from sight, a yell of triumph was heard father down the hall and they both guessed that Zeshaun had reached his destination in unbelievable time. They looked to each other and than continued to walk to The Dominion Cantina.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  774
December 16, 2008 7:16:45 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
As Jegora sat and watched Aeos’ still form, his mind whirled. For the first time in his life he felt the bone-deep fear of losing someone he truly cared about. What made things even more complicated was the fact that he hadn’t even known Aeos was that important to him. Sure, she was special, and Jegora knew that he had a connection with her that went beyond that of trooper and assistant squad leader, but what he felt now dwarfed that casual relationship. Jegora was very, very afraid, not only of losing Aeos, but that he would never know what losing Aeos truly meant.

Running a hand through his longer-than-regulation hair, Jegora struggled with the multitude of emotions tearing at his chest. Foremost was the fear, of course. But Jegora was also incredibly angry, not only at the enemy who did this but at himself for not being able to avoid the strafing attack that had injured Aeos. Time and time again he ran through the flight in his head, but he couldn’t remember much beyond the way his hands seemed to slide across the controls on their own accord. The whole trip up he had flown on instinct, and his instincts had let him down, and as a result he had let the squad down. No, the enemy might have played a part in putting Aeos in her current condition, but it was Jegora who was, in the end, responsible for causing harm to the one person he cared about.

That was how it usually happened, he realized. First his parents, who had been killed because of a part he had played in a Special Forces operation only four months prior, and now Aeos, who was in critical condition because of his inability to handle the simplest of tasks. He brought pain to the people he cared about, Jegora realized, and with that realization the fear began to subside, only to be replaced with a burning anger unlike anything he had ever felt before.

For many long moments Jegora sat there, thoughts of incompetence and ineptitude swirling through his mind, until eventually he had to do something. Rising, Jegora stormed out of the medbay, nearly knocking down one of the medical technicians as he made his way to the exit. The young woman rose, intent on scolding Jegora for his lack of manners, but one glance at his stone-hard face and wild eyes convinced her otherwise. Jegora never even noticed. He left the medbay, turned right, and began to run.

Despite his weariness, Jegora never stopped. Anger burned through him, all of it directed inward. As he ran, Jegora heard the voice of every person who had ever accused him of failure, or had never believed he would be successful. As he ran, his demons came back to haunt him, and it was a mark of Jegora’s current emotional state that he happened to agree with everything they were saying.

Finally the anger subsided enough that Jegora could think. He was still incredibly angry, and incredibly unstable, but now he could reason. He slowed to a stop, looking around, and tried to get his bearings. As he glanced around, looking for signs or even other people, foggy memories of prior time served on Victory-I Class Star Destroyers came back to him. He suddenly realized that he had to be somewhere in the aft of the ship, quite a ways from anywhere significant, and hence the lack of people and signs. These were the corridors that were used by techs and crewman to reach the engines, and not much else.

Glancing down, Jegora noticed that somewhere along the line he had traded his Snowtrooper armor for more casual clothing. It was a little small, which proved it didn’t belong to him. Struggling to make sense of his situation, Jegora vaguely remembered trading the armor for the clothing only a few moments after seeing Aeos to the medbay. The blaster burn on his left arm was also neatly wrapped and taken care of, and his minor cuts had been attended too. Despite the treatment he had apparently received, he was tired, sore, and had no idea what to do next.

Shaking his head, Jegora tried to clear his head. He had a thousand thoughts coursing through his brain, and he was having trouble making sense of any of them. To make matters worse his fatigue had returned, no longer warded off by his extreme anger. He slumped, exhausted, and turned around, heading back towards the more central parts of the ship.

Ten minutes later saw Jegora in a crew section of the Dominion. There were four sets of cabins, an off-duty lounge (which was for all intents and purposes a cantina), and a recreation center. Being thoroughly lost, both in terms of his position and his emotions, Jegora decided to have a drink.

Stumbling into the off-duty lounge, exhausted, wounded, and nearly crippled, Jegora made quite a scene. It was because of his apparent vulnerability that he inevitably attracted the attention of the resident bullies, the worst of which happened to be present in the cantina. Not long after Jegora had taken a seat at the bar and was nursing a Corellian Ale, about the only drink he didn’t despise, four men, all younger than Jegora’s own twenty four years, approached where he was sitting and began to speak.

Immediately Jegora knew he had to keep control of himself. Tired and exhausted as he was, these men were only crewmen. While they had some martial training, Jegora could easily deal with them, and if he got carried away kill them. At that particular moment, Jegora was lucid enough to realize that he had very, very little self control left. All it would take was the right stressor, and he would lose it.

Most of the patrons in the bar seemed to realize that Jegora wasn’t particularly stable. Even the bartender, who often saw the worst the ship had to offer and dealt with it on a daily basis, left Jegora alone after serving his drink. The customers also steered clear, making sure not to glance in his direction or stare, or sit too close. Everyone seemed to sense that the large man sitting at the bar was extremely close to snapping.

Everyone but the four young men who had approached him, anyways.

They talked, but Jegora didn’t really hear them. He wasn’t listening. He was focusing on keeping control, trying very hard to regulate his breathing and keep a hold on his lucid mind. It was a battle, albeit one he was losing.

He was towards the end of his rope when Jegora finally made out something the young men were saying. “I bet he can’t even fight,” the man sitting closest to Jegora snickered.

That was all it took for Jegora to be reminded of his earlier mistakes, and with those dark thoughts of failure came white hot anger, washing his fatigue away. This time, however, Jegora had somewhere to channel his anger.

The young man who had spoken was, unfortuantely, within striking distance. Moving like a Kashyyyk crystal snake, Jegora struck him in the throat with a single, flat hand. The result was a nearly crushed windpipe, leaving the man unable to breathe. Immediately the victim’s companions shouted protests, but Jegora was already moving.

He surged to his feet, whirled, and kicked the legs out from under a second antagonist, who could do nothing to control his fall. He struck his head on the bar, hard, and stayed down.

In a matter of seconds Jegora had managed to disable two of his four opponents. The second two were smarter, however, and decided to rush him simultaneously. It was a good move, although it made no difference

Moving with a speed and grace that belied his large size, Jegora struck out simultaneously with two large fists, striking both men in the face and knocking them back several steps. Calmly, Jegora took a step towards the two men, both holding bloody noses, and that was the end of the fight. The two took off, not willing to risk serious injury like their companions had unavoidably suffered.

And with that Jegora sat back down and turned his attention yet once again to the ale sitting in front of him, which hadn’t been touched. On either side of him lay a man, one holding his throat and gasping for breath and the other silent and still, unmoving on the cold tile floor. Jegora didn’t care, didn’t even notice. Now his rage was completely gone, and there was nothing left to sustain him. He was in a trance, a coma of sorts, sitting at that bar. So far gone was he that he didn’t even notice a military police squad burst into the cantina only moments later. He didn’t even notice when a stun blast hit him in the back.

Taking one final drink, Jegora stood up, unaware that he had been shot. He turned, was confronted with five heavily armed military police troopers, and stared right past them, their presence not even registering in his mind. He walked forward, taking a step towards the center-most trooper, and immediately all five men opened up with their stun blasters, instantly incapacitating him and causing him to hit the floor hard.

Jegora never even noticed. The only thing he could think about was Aeos, and how he had failed her.
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  630
December 17, 2008 7:31:56 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"Now, Mr Luke"

"Luth"

"Right. We're going to have to get rid of that bloody rag and take a look at that nose" The weedy looking medic stated as he gingerly reached towards the bloodied rag that Jager had been holding to his nose since he boarded the shuttle.

Hastily Jager knocked the medics hand back, "Touch me... and I swear you'll regret it"

"But I.."

"I mean it, Pain you couldn't even imagine..." Jager interrupted, causing the medic to clam up. Jager simply sat there staring him down, he knew that the rag was going to have to be taken away so they could examine his nose but scaring someone much weaker then himself gave him a little kick. As predicted the medic made a second attempt to remove the rag. Jager jumped a little in his seat causing the medic to jump almost a full three feet backwards, shielding his face in the process.

The slightly disfigured trooper smirked, then lent back against the wall as a sharp wave of pain exploded from his nose. The fact that he got taken down so quickly did nothing for his ego... or the fact that he was dragged up a few flights of stairs by his female assistant squad leader, who was know lying in an infirmary bed, All he had to make himself feel better was intimidating the weaker members of the Corps.

"Mr. Luth?" A female voice began. Jager didn't bother to lean up from the wall, the effort it would of taken to move his head forty five degrees or even lower his hand and the bandage was to great for to even be considered as an option.

"The one and only... I don't do autographs, sorry" he replied smirking, and again wincing in pain.

"yes... My assistant tells me you wont remove the makeshift  bandage."

"Chalk that up as a win to the Corp" Jager announced sarcastically "your assistant speaks the truth"

A series of mutters came from the voices direction. "Mr. Luth" The female voice began, in a softer yet more demanding fashion

"Please" Jager interrupted, "Call me your Excellency"

As Jager sat there in his smugness, a hand grasped around his right wrist, which was holding the bandage to his face. The hand promptly began twisting causing Jager to drop the bandage and attempt to struggle, but to no avail.

"Hmmm, some minor swelling. Should be okay to move it back into place." The female voice observed

"Move wha.." Jager began but was cut short by another hand grabbing his slightly crocked nose and straightening it with a quick, yet fluid movement. The pain was unbelievable, though only momentary, yet still enough to have Jager leaning forwards clutching his face mumbling obscenities.

"You Bitch, What the fuck..." he announced as he looked up at the person who had done this to him. As he's eyes finished their examination his obscenities faded off into a mumble. The medical officer stood at about five foot nine with dark brown hair, professional looking... but still looking great in the process.

The pain the that pulsed Jager's face subsided, or was pushed to the side to make way for his bravado. Casually getting to his feet he re-introduced himself,

"Hey, I'm Jager. I don't believe we've met"

Jager's third Rule of trying to score, never swear at attractive women.. they'll think your an asshole.

The medical officer looked him up and down. His shirt had a large red stain from top to bottom, his eyebrow was still bleeding slightly and he smelt like he bathed in something that had died.

"Dr. Kendell," The medical officer replied, jotting something down on a ledger. The weedy looking medic who Jager had threatened before step out from behind his superiors back,

"Mr. Luth, if you'd just sit down. We nee.."

Jager grabbed the medic mid sentence and spun him around,

"Quiet kid, the adults are talking" and with that he gave him a quick shove and sent the belittled medic on his way. Dr. Kendell smirked and shook her head slowly as she finished her scribblings on the ledger.

"So, what are you doing later?" Jager queried suavely, or as suavely as a man with a recently broken nose and copious amounts of blood over the front of his shirt could be.

Dr. Kendell simply stood there and stared at him, wondering if he was oblivious to the fact that he looked and smelt terrible... or he had a some sort of concussion.

She hadn't shut him down yet, and she hadn't walked off in disgust... things were looking good. Opportunities like this don't often present themselves, and anyone who turns them down is probably a eunuch.

"What do you say to dinner after your shift, my treat" he added,

"Where, the mess hall?"

"Well... Yeah, but its better then most places around here"

"But its free" Dr. Kendell stated, raising an eyebrow

"That's why its my treat...."

Kendell paused and weighed up her options. Either eat dinner alone, or eat it with a complete stranger who only moments ago had called her some rather horrible things.

"Fine, my shift ends in an hour" She stated  "But, one condition..."

"Which is?" Jager asked, hoping it wasn't 'Can I bring a friend'

"You have a shower... and change your clothes"

Jager looked down at his somewhat bloodstained clothes and sighed with relief.

"You've got yourself a deal. See you in an hour" and with that, he gave the Dr. a wink and headed for the hallway. It hadn't occurred to him to go and see his critically wounded squad mate, she was a tough girl... 'she'd come out alright' Jager thought to himself as he wandered towards the barracks, attracting some stares due to his current attire. If anyone was going to survive such a thing it would be her and its not like she got shot or something... but by the way Angel and the others had rushed her out someone could of easily mistaken that for the case. All this thinking about Ae raised another question in Jager's mind... 'why wasn't he rushed out of the shuttle', All he remembers was being handed a rag and being told to 'Suck it up', which reminded him that he had to hit Jori later on.

'Shit happens' he thought as he reached the barracks door

'At least this time it wasn't me'
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1214
Total Posts:  1849
December 17, 2008 11:48:50 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
As the slip slid it's way into the hanger, the squad were finally able to relax enough to rise up from their seats. They had all nearly met their ends back out in the dogfight, and none of them were very happy at the idea their death would come about due to a flyboy. Regardless, they finally managed to step back down onto as close to solid land as they could get, intact and unharmed.

"Sorry about nearly getting you guys killed" The pilot called out of the window, gathering his equipment together and opening his door.

"Not the first time it's happened to us, no need to worry too much" Kand shrugged it off, slinging his weapon over his shoulder and leading the squad into the main part's of the ship. They were ten feet or so short of the door when they slid open,  more pilots than any of them could count sprinting towards their ship. A few milliseconds later a siren went off above the door, turning the hanger a light shade of red.

"What the hell is happening now?" Antos asked, jumping out of the way before the pilots barged him.

"A second wave? Maybe they were regrouping "Helena answered.

"Whatever it is, let's not hang around, this hanger is a little vulnerable. There are viewing screens inside, afterall"

"For once, I agree with Leon" Kand grinned, pressing the button on the door to open it and making his way through. He turned back for a moment and was just able to see the first ships begin to take off before the door blocked his view. From there, they sprinted around a corner to the nearest spot that would allow them to see outside. There were several Tie fighters emerging now, all aimed at what right now was only a speck in the distance.

"One ship? All that for one crummy ship?" Leon sighed, disappointed to not witness any real action.

"After what they've managed to pull on us so far, Im not surprised they're not taking any chances" Kand responded. "You guys can stay and watch if you like, I need to take these data files up to command"

"Nah, that's boring" Helena waved her hand away "Hey, is there any other squads back yet?"

"I think Paladin arrived a few minutes ago, why?"

"Do you still have that equipment you were going to use to prank Jester?" She responded, her grin widening.

"I don't like where this is going..."

"Oh come on, you were really disappointed when we weren't able to get Jester, why don't you want to get Paladin?" Rk asked, turning around as well.

"Because here there's cameras watching us, and we could get in trouble" Kand frowned.

Then we'll get them in a blind spot! Please Kand?" Leon was now joining in. Pretty much the entire squad were now eyeballing him, pleading to be able to cause some sort of mischief.

"Fine, whatever. Just don't break anything, and since I wont be here, it's your head on the line Helena" Kanderin sighed eventually.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  224
Total Posts:  304
December 17, 2008 12:38:01 AM    View the profile of Jori 
Jeez. I need a drink before we get back up going. Not too much, but maybe a couple. I don’t want to end up like Jager or the Squad Leader of RAIDERS, perpetually drunk. How far away is this bar?

Jori was jogging towards where he thought the bar was, based on his earlier treks to it. He turned the corner where he was expecting the bar to be and ran smack dab into one of the officers carrying Jeg. Incredibly, Jori managed to stay on his feet, though that much couldn’t be said for the officer, who ended up curled in a little ball and holding his nose after Jori accidentally rammed his shoulder into the face of the much shorter man. The man was mumbling something under his breath that reminded Jori of Jager in some way, but Jori only took notice of that for a second. After that second, all of his attention was focused on Jeg, who was currently slumped on the shoulder of an obviously uncomfortable officer who looked as if he was about to give up and let himself be crushed by Jeg’s massive body.

“What happened?” Jori said, breaking the silence that had fallen after the collision.

“Don’t worry about it. There is nothing to see here so move along.” one of the officers replied while helping his fellow officer up.

Jori just stared at the man, which made him very uncomfortable. Another officer moved over to help the officer holding Jeg, who slipped out from under the deadweight. Jori switched his piercing gaze to that officer.

“I’m going to ask one more time. What happened?” Jori said.

“Uh… I guess we can tell. This man was disturbing the peace in the bar and apparently assaulted four young men, one of which was knocked unconscious. The other three young men each said that he attacked them for no reason. We have no other witnesses because the bartender was occupied with cleaning when the fight started and there was no other person in there except for them. We arrived there after a call from the bartender and apprehended him.” the police officer said.

Stepping back, Jori pulled out his comlink and opened a channel to Angel, but still continued to stare at the officer with the same expressionless face.

“We’ve got a bit of a problem.” Jori said quietly.

“What happened?” Angel said slowly.

“Jeg has gone and gotten himself arrested. According to the police, he attacked four young men for no reason, knocking one of the young men unconscious. As of right now, he is stunned big time and isn’t going to be up and running for at least a couple hours. What should I do? Leave him?” Jori asked.

Angel sighed heavily before answering, “Yes. Leave him be. He needs to be under lock and key right now. Just continue on with your business and I’ll get it sorted out later.”

“Yes, sir.” Jori said, shutting off the comlink.

He let out a sigh to rival Angel’s and waved the police on, who must have been expecting Jori to try and take Jeg with him. He noticed their confusion and grinned despite himself. He found it funny that a simple gesture could cause so much confusion between trained military police forces. He opened the door to the bar and saw the four young men were still there all sitting around a table holding bacta soaked rags to their various wounds. Upon entering, their collective gazes settled upon Jori.

These must be the idiots who attacked Jeg.

Ignoring them, he continued on and sat down at the bar, ordering a few Corellian Whiskeys. After finishing, he got up, paid, and walked toward the door. He was intercepted by the least damaged  of the idiots. Jori noticed that he was taller than the buffoon, which made it even easier to intimidate him.

“Excuse me. Would you please move out of my way and let me be?” Jori said, always the one to use his manners.

“No. I don’t think I will. I can tell that you’re a member of the same blasted squad as that giant that beat us up earlier. Now, we couldn’t go toe to toe with him, but we can with you. Now, you better get ready for the fight of your life.” the idiot waved his other idiot friends  over and they started circling Jori.

“I’m not going to fight you. There is no reason for me to and unlike my squadmate, I’m not mad enough to kill someone, but I am mad enough to hurt someone really badly. Now, in the span of three seconds I can call my entire squad down here and dismember all four of you and we could get away with it because you are about to assault me for no reason and me nearly killing you could be seen as self-defense, so do you really want to mess with me?” Jori said menacingly.

Jori watched as the idiot’s face turned from smugness to confusion to horror and finally to scared.

“Uh… no. I’m sorry for bothering you.” the guy said as he quickly moved away, followed by his friends.

“That’s what I thought.” Jori said.

Shaking his head, he walked out of the bar. He walked down the hallways, looking for the medbay. He finally found it and entered, walking over to where Aeos was lying. He sat down in a chair next to the bed and took off his helmet. He rubbed his hands through his hair and noticed slight bumps.

Looks like my horns are growing back. Might need to trim them down a bit in a little while.

Looking up as Angel walked in, he nodded and received a nod back.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Cosmic
ComNet Sultan

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle
[VE-VEEC] Chairman
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal*

Post Number:  7264
Total Posts:  7772
December 17, 2008 5:43:08 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic made his way over to Kara Elith, who was standing in front of the main viewport with her arms folded over her chest. She appeared to be deep in thought and seemed to not even notice his presence… or just ignored it for whatever reason. Cosmic slid both his hands into his pants pockets and peered down at the planet below.

"All ground forces have boarded the Dominion, Captain."

Kara nodded, "Well done, Surface Marshal." She looked over at Cosmic, "What do you think you would've done if those two VSD's hadn't jumped away?"

Cosmic grinned, "I'm no expert on Naval combat, Kara, but I'd probably stick it out. I know you would've done the same… but with a few more stylish moves. I'd die before abandoning my troops."

"I know my crew very well, Cleric. I know they'd freely give their lives for the Vast Empire with no hesitation – but still. The fact that I'm the one sacrificing them always seems to irk me."

"It's a natural feeling. Very few go without experiencing it."

Kara nodded, "Well, it's time to go." She made an about-face and looked over to her navigator, "Ensign, set in a course for Tadath."

The Ensign gave a nod, "Aye aye, Captain. Laying in a course for Tadath. ETA is eight standard hours."

=== 8 Hours Later ===

The Dominion received a message upon jumping out of hyperspace: "Dominion, this is STC Headquarters. We need your assistance immediately! There has been another attack on our primary database servers and several squads of troops have fallen within the city limits. There's a force out there of unknown size that has just decimated our defenses. We don't have any idea how something that powerful could've slipped past detection. We need ground support immediately!"

Kara walked over to the transmission station and replied, "Dominion to STC Headquarters, we will deploy ground forces immediately." She looked over at Cosmic who gave her a nod, already knowing what to do.

Cosmic opened an internal channel throughout the ship, "All squads, prepare for immediate deployment. There's a force down planet-side of unknown size, but apparently very strong. Be sure you're suited up within the next three minutes. Squad leaders: you will receive further instructions via Comm. Link."

*** Meanwhile on Tadath ***

"Finish," whispered a soft, chilling voice.

"I'm almost done. Just a few more pathway alterations and… there. Done." J'ak Frozt rose from his kneeling position and stood erect. He turned to the Noghri at his side and nodded, "Time to go." One of the three other Noghri keeping an eye out for enemy forces grunted, "We'll have to move quickly. It won't be long before they alert their Army of our presence."

Frozt smirked, "No worries. I've got twenty mercs dressed as civilians walking around 'main street' right now. Once the larger forces arrive, they're going to start a massacre. Knowing my guys, they'll probably take hostages… anything to buy us time to escape. Alright, let's go!"

OOC:
SL's: you already have your orders.
Prefect of the Army
PRF/SM Cosmic/HCA-1/Tadath/VEA/VE
[OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CoR][CDS][IH][GS][BC][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][SCP][MSM][SoA][IOC]

--------------------
Dark Lord of the Krath
DLK-SL/KO Cosmic/Lion 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE [VP][WoS2][KC1][SoY][EoP][OAK]

--------------------
Chief Operating Officer
COO/CHM Cosmic/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited December 17, 2008 5:43:52 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

Post Number:  1553
Total Posts:  2089
December 17, 2008 7:47:10 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
“We’re landing on Tadath near downtown, be prepared for an urban environment, we don’t have the proper armour so make do with what you got.” Snipes had said after hearing of the new objectives from some HC officer.

“I’m nearly out of magazines.” Rogue had said after he had sent down the flamethrower to the armoury for repairs in the attempt that they could fix the rupture, and he was forced to use a spare M4 with 5.56mm slugthrower ammunition.

“How many clips you got left?” Snipes had asked, moderately disinterested.

“Two and a half.” Was RB’s reply.

“Make do with what you got, maybe one of the bastards will have a refill for you.” Snipes had said half-mockingly.

“I really doubt it.” Rogue had murmured noting that no one really cared.

A really not happy Gaz had walked into the barracks with half his hair missing and pieces of his skin missing where the glue had stuck to his skin strongly. Looking at the squad in particular to Rogueboy, Gaz spoke. “They didn’t find my injuries were worthy of using precious bacta.”

“Well we got a new objective the squad will fill you in.” Snipes said before leaving.

“What our new objective?” Gaz asked Dante.

Namyr answered for Dante. “We’re supposed to sneak into Wraith’s barracks and plant this device under one of their mattresses.” Nams said holding out what appeared to be a small tank about five millimetres squared attached to a small filter, with a small piece of adhesive on the back.

“What is it?” Gaz asked.

“It’s a listening device we have a former Raider in their squad who informed us that they are trying to play a prank on us, so we want to know what it is.” Namyr said her eyes shifting side to side to had the feeling of conspiring with Gaz.

“Why not just have your informant tell you what the prank is?” Gaz asked with the obvious intention of trying to not become a target from Wraith’s pranks.

“Because it is a closely guarded secret and only the squad leader and assistant squad leader know what’s going to happen, and by the time our informant knows it will be too late.” Namyr answered in a matter of fact tone.

“But why me?” Gaz asked in a whiney tone.

“Because you need to prove your loyalty to Raiders, now get going.” Nams said as she shooed Gaz out of the barracks.

After Gaz left Dante had turned to Nams. “That was no listening device, there was no transmitter on it.” Said the trooper with an intelligent look in his eyes.

“Of course it isn’t.” Nams said as she pulled out a small square with a transmitter sticking out of it and a red button in the middle. “There’s a small receiver inside it and when I press this button it will release a large amount of hydrogen sulphide gas into the air making it seem like someone had farted.” Nams said while laughing hysterically.

Rogue could not help himself but laugh out loud when Nams had let everyone know of her evil plan. A chuckle escaped from Snipes’ temporary office signalling that the squad leader had heard of his squad’s plan and that he mildly approved of it.

Gaz returned from the Wraith’s barracks. “I did it.” He said before collapsing on his bunk.

“Good,” Nams said as she pressed the button.

OOC: Hope the Wraiths read this one, anyways CLOSING TIME 
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP]

Clearly Canadian!
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  292
Total Posts:  896
December 17, 2008 8:38:42 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
When Zeshaun heard the message he was aimlessly flipping through the channels on his holonet. He jumped when Comsic's booming voice came from the intercomm. Zeshaun quickly grabbed his black shocktrooper armor and started to put it on, Thank goodness we don't have to wear that heavy snowtrooper armor. Zeshaun thought glancing at the heap in the corner of his room. Zeshaun packed up all his weapons, holstering all his blaster pistols and slinging his newly aquired light assault rifle over his shoulder. i'll have to have a droid send the rest of my weapons back to the baracks. Zeshaun thought as he walked through the halls while ordering the droid to do so.

Zeshaun quickly found the rest of his squad since the black helmets stood out like sore thumbs in the sea of white. Everyone was ready to unload and people were starting to get uneasy, it wasn't every day that the STC headquarters was attacked and being attacked had everyone feeling more loyal than ever before. Zeshaun gave everyone a nod of acknowledgment.

"Just in time." Alan said, nodding back. "We're just about to get a quick briefing."

Zeshaun listened intently.

"Well, I'm sorry to say there isn't much to tell at the moment," Lucky expalined. "There are an unknown amount of enemies down there and they need support, so here we are." Lucky finished gesturing to the crowd of troopers awaiting their turns to get into their designated shuttles.

The squad's shuttle was prepared and they quickly boarded and strapped themselves in. Lucky urged the pilot to take off and he nodded. They were out of the hangar in record time with Tadath steadily approaching. Zeshaun was very antsy and he kept checking if his guns were loaded and working correctly, out of habit. I need to stop this stupid habit, it just makes me more nervous. Zeshaun thought putting his gun down.

The shuttle gave a jolt, signifying that they had made it through the atmosphere and they were now on their way down to the landing pad. When they reached the city Zeshaun figured that they were very close to their landing pad, a soft thud confirmed his conjectures. The squad quickly unstrapped and they went out into the sun.

"Just got a message sending us to a storage area, guarded by some mercs," Lucky said. "Paladin and Blackjack have been ordered to clear the way for the other squads."

Zeshaun groaned and complained about how they always had to clear the way for other squads, and everyone responded with a chuckle and some form of the phrase 'shut up'. Zeshaun laughed and he followed the squad and went off at a trot keeping an eye out for any kind of surprises that may catch them off guard.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 17, 2008 8:42:20 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1785
December 18, 2008 2:01:35 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante turned the helmet over in his hands, looking for cracks or damage that might affect its function. He'd only been using this suit of storm commando armour for just three missions, and it was already pitted with gash marks and blaster holes. Each set of RAIDERS armour was unique, and Dante's was no exception. Stripes the colour of dried blood ran down the helmet,chest-plate, and arm plates, and the armour's right shoulder guard had been replaced by a piece of Katarn armour for greater support when he used heavy weapons.

Setting the helmet to one side, the trooper ran one gloved finger across the top of his chestplate. For all the modifications that it had been subjected to, the armour was still basically a set of scout trooper body armour, with all of its weaknesses. A well-trained enemy would know to aim for the large, unarmoured gap between the helmet and the chestplate, creating a wound that Dante was sure he wouldn't survive taking. For now, he'd simply have to compensate, but he resolved to fix the problems after the mission.

The mission...

Dante's teeth ground against each other as he remembered the squad objective. Part of him still couldn't believe that the traitor faction had really done this; part of him still clung to the belief that Tadeth, the one place that he'd thought would always be safe, wasn't under attack.

Shaking his head, the Sergeant First Class brought his helmet down and activated the seals. As the T-visor lit up and the HUD began to activate, Dante got to his feet, picking up his DC-17m with his right hand. The short-barreled rifle was compact enough for close range fighting, yet accurate enough to make it usable during street-long firefights. As he checked the Combat System for damage, running his free hand along the barrel, Sniping101 reentered the room.

"Time to get going, RAIDERS." the squad leader boomed. "Command wants us off the Dominion and in the downtown ASAP."

With that, the First Sergeant spun around and left the room. The RAIDERS jogged in his wake, heading for the hanger.

The squad's gunship was already waiting, engines humming on stand-by and blast doors open. The RAIDERS piled into the recon LAATi, and the crimson and grey-coloured troop transport lifted off from the hanger, both sets of doors sealing.

The troop bay was plunged into near-darkness for a moment before sets of roof-mounted lights flickered and came on. Illuminated by the harsh white glow of the lights, Dante rummaged at his belt for a power cell. Finding the right pouch, the trooper removed one and shoved it into his DC-17m. The commando rifle gave a buzz as it entered a recharge cycle, and a symbol appeared on Dante's HUD as the weapon's targeting systems linked to his helmet.

The RAIDERS gunship shook slightly as it passed through cloud layers, and those troopers that hadn't already grabbed onto overhead handholds did so now. There was a crackle of static from a speaker set, and the drawl of their pilot, Lieutenant Surian sounded through the bay.

"Activating the holoscreen now, RAIDERS. You won't believe this..."

True to her word, the panel activated, transmitting a feed from a sensor mounted on the ship's nose. A cluster of clouds blurred the view for a moment, then passed. What came into sight was almost inconceivable.

Thick clouds of black smoke were billowing up from wreckage that looked like it had been a factory not too long ago. Tiny white dots were scattered throughout the twisted Tadeth streets, exchanging fire with other dots while other groups moved away from the combat in clumps. Seemingly thumb-sized AT-STs stomped through the larger boulevards while pedestrians and civilian speeders fled from the crossfire between the war machines and groups of terrorists. As Dante stared at the chaos unfolding below, a rocket flew from a group of bystanders and caught one of the walkers on the connection between its legs and cockpit. It spun from the force of the blow before crashing sideways onto a group of fleeing citizens and exploding with the force of a proton bomb. It was a scene Dante was familiar with, but had never expected to see here. The war had come to Tadeth.

"Taking us down down, RAIDERS." Surian announced, her voice somber.

The gunship dropped, passing between two towers with inches to spare, and came to a stop inches above the ground. The blast doors hissed open.

"RAIDERS, move out!"
Read the bloody manual!
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 18, 2008 2:05:10 PM)]
Karash
ComNet n00b

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  20
December 18, 2008 2:36:18 PM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash could not quite believe what was happening; his first mission would be to protect Tadath from attack, the one place in the universe he thought would have been safe. He had put on his fresh armour as well as collected his E-11 rifle, Kylan-3 heavy blaster pistol and his various medpacs; he added the power cell, listened to the noise and knew it wasn’t long before it saw action.

“Activating the holoscreen now RAIDERS. You won't believe this..." said the pilot.

The images of the ground then came through; Karash could not believe it and judging by the reaction from the rest of the squad nor could they. Tadath looked like a battle ground, there were citizens fleeing and buildings were ablaze. The pilot then announced that the ship was landing and Karash prepared himself to ‘meet his maker’; the ship set down and doors opened.

“Raiders move out!” someone ordered.

Karash ran out of the transport to noise fleeing people, more transports and more importantly the sound of battle. He could see the rest of his squad moving but he did not know what to do, Karash had realised that he didn’t really know what to do.

The next thing he knew there were screams coming from the fleeing people and blaster fire heading their way.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  421
Total Posts:  2159
December 18, 2008 3:05:57 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates' comlink chirped incessantly at him.

"What now?" he groaned, his armor's plates scraping together as he shifted his position. He'd been in infirmary, and had been patched up, but most of the bacta tanks were assigned to men with higher rank or injury than him. His head drooped with fatigue, the only sleep he'd managed had been drug-induced and not restful.

His 'pad showed they had to get to the hanger ASAP. He groaned. More combat.

He bounced to his feet, poking Tank along the way, waking him.

"C'mon soldier, die on your feet."

"I'd rather sleep, sarge," groaned the junior non-com.

"Orobos, get your heavy ass to the hanger, ASAP!"

"Yeah, yeah," the larger stormtrooper replied.

Gates jogged out of the infirmary, taking a shortcut through the armory while he could. This was doubly helpful, as he dropped the spent flamethrower off and quickly requisitioned a lot more ammo and a vibroknuckler, a half-dozen more grenades and a light rocket launcher.

Burdened by his heavier load, he barely made the hanger in time. Tank, Orobos scowled at him. Tanus simply shook his head; Saph, Verk, BARman and Dinin barely registered their ASL almost being late.

They quickly boarded the dropship, whose exhausted pilot looked like Gates felt. "Strap in, BlackJacks, we're going down to the surface!"

Gates tightened the straps to his seat, while pinning his backpack and rifles between his legs. His pistol was snug on his hip, his vibroknuckler on his opposite hip.

"The hell? We're on Tadath?" asked Gates, peering out the window.

"Yeah," replied Tanus, wiping at a patch of blood on his helmet.

Gates took off his own helmet, the useless snowtrooper armor really grating his nerves again. "Hey pilot, have you got any stormtrooper equipment in here?"

"I've a full set of backup armor in the cabinet. But it's not even on."

"I call the helmet!" Gates said, digging through the plastoid armor and holding his prize up. He plugged it into his armor, giving it a burst of energy sufficient to turn it on, then sat it on his lap. He grabbed a small canister of paint, and sprayed on BlackJack's signature- a Spade.

After finishing, he placed the helmet back on and prepared for landing.
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1786
December 18, 2008 3:18:49 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante cursed and jerked his head to the left as blaster shots began to fly through the air. A cluster of shots burned through the durasteel plating his head had been in front of a moment earlier. Dante aimed and fired off a return burst. There was a scream of pain followed by the thump of a body hitting pavement as the rifle toting Rodian hit the ground.

The RAIDERS were scattered around the gunship in a V-shaped formation, returning the fire of several groups of hostiles wearing some sort of light combat armour.

This was complicated by the fact that groups of civvies fleeing from other streets were walking into the line of fire, complicating the RAIDERS' defense. The terrorists didn't have the same problem: an elderly man stumbled into the sights of a group and they didn't stop firing. The white-haired human gasped as blaster bolts tore through him, then fell with his chest reduced to carbonized ash.

Grimly, Dante fired on the trio, catching the leader in the face with the first two shots. A second fell wounded with his shoulder smoking from a direct hit, while the third ducked for cover behind the burned out shell of a military speeder that had taken a rocket to the nose. Dante fired a trio of rounds at the wounded man, burning a several inch wide hole through his armour and chest, then fired the rest of the clip at the last trooper's cover. There was a loud bang as a frag grenade went off, followed by a loud, very familiar whoop.

"Take that, you bastards!"

Enjoying yourself, Rogueboy? I suppose someone's got to...   

Dante removed a grenade of his own from a belt pouch, turned the activation switch, and threw the thermal detonator over the landspeeder. The man had enough time to yell in surprise before the grenade detonated, vaporizing everything within a two meter wide radius. Dante blinked, trying to shake off the afterimage from the explosion. As the black spots clouding his sight faded, he saw a large crater ringed by debris where the landspeeder had been and smiled.

That's three down, Force knows how many more to go...

For these infiltrators to have overwhelmed the city's security, they must have been a ridiculously large number of them. As a result of numerous terrorist actions in the past, Tadath's capital of Sianat had numbers of defenders more appropriate for an occupation force than a capital's security, with half a dozen Corps garrisons, sizable platoons of regular troops serving as security troops, and countless police squads defending the jewel of a city. For Sinat's defenses to be overwhelmed implied a ridiculous number of hostiles. Dante pushed the thought to the back of his mind. Ratios and the odds against the RAIDERS could wait until later. For now, they had an objective to accomplish.

The last few shots rang out as the surviving terrorists were quickly executed. Dante saw a group of civilians cowering nearby and walked over to them. Their leader, a middle-aged man wearing blood-stained overalls and clutching a cloth-covered left arm, watched the trooper warily as he approached. but didn't say anything. Dante spoke first, his voice rendering harsh by the helmet filter.

"Citizen, is anyone hurt?"

The man simply held up his left arm, exposing a blackened patch where a blaster bolt had burned away flesh. Dante felt a flash of anger, but suppressed it. There would be time for revenge later. Instead, he opened up a channel to the other RAIDERS.

"First Sergeant, we have some wounded civilians here. One of them got hit and needs medical attention."

"Understood."

A few seconds later, the other RAIDERS were clustered around the group, and Namyr was applying a bacta patch to the man's arm. Sniping 101 took off his helmet, then cleared his throat.

"Listen up, citizens. You are to get on that gunship back there, and it'll take you to a safe place. They'll have medical facilities there and will be able to take care of your injuries better than we can. Understood?"

The leader nodded, then shuffled towards the RAIDERS gunship. The rest followed, some of them carried by the less heavily injured Tadeth residents. None of the other civilians who had been running when the RAIDERS showed up had survived.

As the RAIDERS gunship took off, scattering clouds of dust in all directions as it did so, Sniping101 gestured at the end of the street. Increasing his visor's magnification, Dante could see a firefight raging between large groups of regular stormtroopers and more of the hostiles. As one, the squad charged towards the battle.

OOC:
I'm assuming that we have the storm commando armour in storage and that the "proper" armour would be armour designed for urban combat: clone shocktrooper armour. We'd overheat from combat alone in the snowtrooper suits. If I'm wrong, I'll correct it.
Read the bloody manual!
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 18, 2008 4:04:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 18, 2008 4:07:15 PM)]
Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  148
Total Posts:  1218
December 18, 2008 5:03:10 PM    View the profile of Ron 
"What do you mean they're back? Last we saw they turned tail and left!" Antos said.

"Look I can't tell you much about it.  All I know is we've got to be ready for battle in the next five minutes on Tadath.  Looks like they managed to flank us on our own planet while most of our forces were away."

"Figures." grumbled Ron.  It made sense, or at least most of it did.  The distraction earlier in the campain would have drawn away all of the resistance on Tadath, leaving the planet open for a large attack. 

"Our objectives are?" said Ron tentativly.

"About the same." Kand said.  He was strapping on his armor, and answered as he pulled on his right boot. 

"Just be ready for anything."

Five minutes later, Ron found himself onboard a shuttle schedualed to land on Tadath.  Around him were the entire squad, and a few shuttle personel to assist the pilot in transporting them to and from the surface.  Ron looked outside at the blackness that surrounded the shuttle, finally resting his eyes on the green planet before him.  From this distance, he couldn't even tell there was a battle. 

Ron pulled out a cigarette and a lighter, cupping his hands over his mouth in a habitual fashion, even as there was no wind.  Beside him a crew member of the shuttle coughed and said,

"Look man, what you do to your lungs is your business, but the rests of us..."

"Is there a problem?" said Ron calmly.  He was used to people berrating him about his habit.

"Yes.  You smoking in a room." said the crewman.

"This is a ship." responded Ron.

"And we are in the back room of the ship." spat the crewman.

Touchy fellow. 

"You have a problem with me smoking?" said Ron.

"No.  I told you, I have a problem with you smoking..."

"In the room." said Ron.  "So actually, you have a problem with the room."

"What?" said the trooper.  He got the feeling that this conversation wasn't making much sense.

"You don't have a problem with me smoking, you have a problem with me smoking in the room- so if there was no room there would be no problem." said Ron again.

"Well... yes..."

"Take it up with the room then." Ron said.  He smiled to himself before Kand said.

"Right, we're coming up to the surface.  Squad get your guns, weapons, and gear ready.  Pilot- land us near that clearing, yes that will do."

Kand turned and saw Ron.

"Ron, douse it; we have work to do."

Ron took out the cigarette and smushed it into the ashtray beside him.

"Not like I can't smoke while I shoot the scumbags..." he grumbled.

-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Karash
ComNet n00b

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  21
December 18, 2008 5:44:26 PM    View the profile of Karash 
Before Karash had time to comprehend his first gunfight, the Raiders where charging into another battle only moments away from the last one. As they were running down the once heavily populated street debris began to fall from the buildings, not only that but the squad now had to dodge gunfire from both the attackers and other troopers.

“Hold your fire!” shouted Raider’s squad leader, Sniping101.

For a split second both sides stopped firing at them, which gave the squad enough time to reach cover. It was then that the trooper’s commander stepped forward.

“We would appreciate your help, a lot of my team are either dead or injured, this lot here are mainly civil militia,” panted the commander, who didn’t look to healthy himself.

It was then that the Raiders were given the order to open fire on the attackers; Karash came out from behind his cover and shot, two of which hit their target square in the chest. There were still large numbers of civilian’s running back and forth, many of which were running straight into the line of fire and to make things more difficult the militia didn’t really know what they were doing and just got in the way.

“Get out of the way!” shouted Karash.

But he was too late, the man just stood there and had several bullets pass straight through him; Karash rushed over to him but there was nothing he could do. There was a sudden feeling of hatred rushing through Karash, he didn’t even know this man but what he did know was that he had died for his home and the empire.

Karash looked up and fired at anything.

“Help,” said a voice from behind Karash.

There were three civilians standing behind Karash who had some how managed to get themselves caught up in the gunfire.

“You need to get out of here,” replied Karash, who had to dive out of the way of some debris.

“Get moving we’ll cover you,” exclaimed Rogueboy.

All of Raider squad then opened fire, giving everything they had to get these people to safety. As Karash saw the people off into a nearby transport, he heard three consecutive explosions, the enemy had countered by opening a barrage of grenades; no real damage was done apart from some militia with a few cuts.

“We can’t continue with this much longer,” shouted the militia’s commander.

“Right anyone with any grenades let them go now and then just fire at them, not stopping until they retreat or are dead,” shouted Raiders squad leader.

The grenades were released and the fire ensued, once the smoke had lifted it was revealed that the attackers were in full retreat. However it was then that Karash realised that the enemies force was not as large as they had thought, because there were only four people running from the battle and they did not have enemy uniforms on. Also there was only two bodies lying on the ground who also were wearing civilian clothing.

Everyone knew that something odd was going on but they had no time to think about it because they still had to complete their task.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by Karash (edited December 18, 2008 5:59:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Karash (edited December 18, 2008 6:15:16 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Sultan

Cosmic

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle
[VE-VEEC] Chairman

Post Number:  7268
December 18, 2008 6:02:11 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
OOC:
*** Reminders ***

- There are only 4 Noghri (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Noghri). They are with J'ak Frozt. The Noghri are the ones who have decimated our defenses (and not some huge enemy force as Tadath intel assumes). As such, don't count on being able to injure them. They are an elite unit.

- There are only 20 mercs dressed as civilians on Tadath (downtown). They are to cause a distraction to help J'ak Frozt and the Noghri escape. They will shoot anyone at will and take hostages if need be. Though they are only two squad sizes in number, they are very well trained and heavily armed (with whatever can effectively hide beneath civilian robes.)

- Since they can't really arm themselves to the teeth, expect the mercs to be using a lot of traps and strategically-placed explosive devices.
Prefect of the Army
[OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CoR][CDS][IH][GS][BC][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][SCP][MSM][SoA][IOC]

--------------------
Dark Lord of the Krath

--------------------
Chief Operating Officer
Cosmic
ComNet Sultan

Cosmic

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle
[VE-VEEC] Chairman

Post Number:  7270
December 18, 2008 6:09:16 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
OOC:
I did tell you.
Quote:*** Meanwhile on Tadath ***

"Finish," whispered a soft, chilling voice.

"I'm almost done. Just a few more pathway alterations and... there. Done." J'ak Frozt rose from his kneeling position and stood erect. He turned to the Noghri at his side and nodded, "Time to go." One of the three other Noghri keeping an eye out for enemy forces grunted, "We'll have to move quickly. It won't be long before they alert their Army of our presence."

Frozt smirked, "No worries. I've got twenty mercs dressed as civilians walking around 'main street' right now. Once the larger forces arrive, they're going to start a massacre. Knowing my guys, they'll probably take hostages... anything to buy us time to escape. Alright, let's go!"
Prefect of the Army

--------------------
Dark Lord of the Krath

--------------------
Chief Operating Officer
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1787
December 18, 2008 6:12:20 PM    View the profile of Dante 
"We're going, troopers."

With that, Sniping101 walked off. The milita leader stared blindly at the leaving squad for a moment, then moaned quietly and stumbled after him.

"Where...where are you going?! You can't just leave us like this!" the man stuttered, feet dragging as he blindly followed Battlemont. The RAIDERS squad leader came to a stop, and the milita leader followed suit. Spinning around, Sniping101 took a step towards the man, speaking softly yet firmly.

"Look, there's nothing I'd like to do more than stay and help. Tadeth is our home too, and these bastards are trying to kill us as well." The squad leader paused, one hand on his blaster. "But we can't; you have your job, we have ours. I'll call Command and see if they can dispatch reinforcements to your position. That's all I can do."

With that, the First Sergeant resumed his previous pace, his squad following close behind him. Half a street away, the milita commander hadn’t moved, and his men were gathered behind them. Mentally, Dante wished them luck. He ,too, would have liked to stay and help. The milita troops were either untrained amateurs or aging veterans of the Corps, and their armour hadn’t stood up to almost as much fire as the RAIDERS’ had. Still, as Snipes had said, they had their orders and the milita troopers had theirs: all Dante could do was hope those reinforcements showed up soon.

The squad left the milita platoon behind them, and passed into the shopping section of the city. Broken windows looked like empty eye-sockets, and goods from looted shopfronts were scattered across the deserted streets. Small fires burned everywhere, fueled by crashed vehicles or broken fuel lines. The city was eerily silent, completely devoid of the bustling chaos that marked the sounds of daily life. Instead, there was the crackle of flames, the metallic tapping of plastoid boots on rubble, and the dull, quiet booming of artillery guns in the distance. Sianat was a ghost town, with its residents in hiding, evacuated, or dead.

Again, Dante wondered how this could have happened. Tadeth was one of the most heavily guarded planets in the Vast Empire. It was practically impossible for anything to bypass the stringent security inspections that marked all arrivals on the planet, even those of Corps transports. A defensive fleet of five Imperial-classs star destroyers were a permanent orbital fixture, and warships were constantly arriving and leaving, making a direct assault futile.

Still, they had somehow done it, bypassed the finest defenses the Empire had to offer, and had launched a reckless assault on the heart of the Corps itself. That was what stung the most: not the civilians, not the loss of the aura of invunerability the VE’s core systems had had until how: the strike on the centre of the Army itself. That was what filled Dante with rage, and that was what he swore these sithspawn would pay for.

He heard the beeping of the thermal detonator a moment before Snipes yelled “Take cover!” and had enough time to throw himself at the nearest piece of debris before the grenade blew and the world turned black.
Read the bloody manual!
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 18, 2008 6:20:01 PM)]
Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  152
December 18, 2008 8:25:41 PM    View the profile of Ron 
Ron was the last to get off the shuttle before it took off to return to the Dominion above.  There were other squads to be transported to the streets of Tadath.

"Alright." started Kanderin.  "Is everyone ready?"

The squad nodded their heads stiffly, white helmets bobbing up and down in response to Kand's question.  Kanderin nodded in response and gave the order to spread out and to press forward.

For a large army, the devastation didn't look very bad.  Ron expected the battle sites to look at least somewhat battle scarred.  Instead the city was calm, quiet, and afraid.  Most of the civilians had probably locked themselves away- and any who hadn't were most likely in the act of doing so.  Ron didn't like the silence, it made him think of worse things.

"So..." said RK.  "Where is everyone?"

"Not sure." said Kanderin.  "But when we catch up with them, don't let me catch you talking."

"You won't have to worry about that, Kand." RK said as he reloaded his blaster rifle. 

Ron was on the west side of the road.  He saw the empty houses, most of them closed and boarded up- but some of them open and revealing.  Those that were open weren't pleasant to look into, and whenever Ron did, the smell of rotting flesh met his nostrils.  Better to see than to smell, he decided.  In a minute he wouldn't have a choice.

Ron turned around quickly as he heard someone ran behind him.  He whipped around and pointed his gun strait at the person: a man, a civilian.  Ron sighed with relief and said,

"You there.  What's going on?"

The man in question backed up and covered his face with his hands,

"Don't shoot me... please, I've done nothing wrong!"

Ron lowered his guard and approached the man. 

"You have nothing to worry about, I just want to hear what you know about the invasion..."

"The... the invasion?" the man stuttered.

Ron lowered his weapon all the way, and instead grabbed the man's shoulder.  He took off his helmet and said in a calm voice,

"Out with it, now, you must have seen something!"

"I... I..." the man continued.

Ron heard RK come through the comlink suddenly.

"Ron..." he said.  RK's voice barely came through the comlink.  Ron ignored him and continued to press the civilian.

"Ron..." he heard again.

"What is it RK?" Ron turned around to see RK running towards him at a full sprint.

"Behind you!" RK shouted.

Ron turned around and managed to catch the arm of the "civilian" just in time before a jagged knife plunged into his exposed neck.

-=Wraith Squad=-
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited December 18, 2008 8:26:14 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited December 18, 2008 8:27:11 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1164
Total Posts:  1795
December 18, 2008 9:24:24 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad started to move out.  It was quiet, deathly quiet.  It made the squad uneasy and Alan already had his hands on his blasters.  He knew the mercenaries were well trained but he wasn’t expecting this, the lack of people, the lack of sounds.  He knew something was wrong but he wasn’t expecting to find what was round the corner.

Lucky was the first one to go round the corner.  She had been in the army for some time but even with all of her experience, she stopped and sucked in air.

That can’t be good thought Alan as he moved to join her.

“Oh my god” whispered Zeshaun.

“What could have done this?” queried Requiem.

Nova let out a softened growl.

Moving beside the squad, the sight in front of Alan was more than he could ever have imagined.  His stomach lurched and he fought back the need to throw up.  The street before them was littered with bodies.

Alan knelt down beside one of the bodies and examined it.  Instead of finding blaster bolts which he expected to see from the mercenaries, he noted that the bodies were cut, slashed to ribbons.  Blood seeping out from multiple cut and stab wounds.

“Who could’ve down this?” asked Drakar.

“Not who, what” replied Alan as he could not think of anyone capable of such an act.

“Hold up” said Lucky as she pressed her hands against her helmet.

“I wonder what command are telling her now” said Zeshaun.

“I don’t know” replied Alan, “but I’m sure we will find out soon”.

Lucky glanced up at the squad and said “I’ve just received word that there are four Noghri planetside”.

“Noghri!” exclaimed Nick.

Alan had never heard tell of the Noghri before but he glanced round at the bodies littered around the street and said “I take it that’s bad”.

“You have no idea” replied Nick.

“Raiders are keeping the Noghri busy.  Command has advised me that they have located some mercenaries making a run for it.  We are to intercept them before they have a chance to get to a transport and get off the planet”.

“What are we waiting for, let’s move” said Alan.

Lucky led the way.  Alan glanced back at the bodies and wished the Raiders well.  He was thankful that they weren’t going after the Noghri, although he knew that the fleeing mercenaries would not give them an easy time either.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  153
December 18, 2008 10:00:37 PM    View the profile of Ron 
As the man's knife came closer to Ron's neck, Ron's strength started to weaken.  Now that he wasn't disguised as a pitiful figure, the man proved to be very strong; so strong that he almost succeeded in knifing Ron in the throat.

Thanks to RK, it was definitely an almost.  RK dove into the pair and took out the man, landing on the street with the man on top of him.  The man was shocked, but didn't give up, and instead pushed the knife down on RK.

As Ron lay on the ground, nearly senseless from a loss of oxygen, RK struggled with the man, trying to keep his own neck from being severed.  A minute passed, a long anxious minute, until the man with the knife suddenly fell over dead.

"You alright Ron? RK?"

Both Ron and RK nodded looked towards the source of this question, Kanderin, who was sheathing a blaster pistol.

"This guy wasn't any ordinary civilian." mused Kanderin.  He knew that it would take a very well trained man to put up such a fight with only a knife for a weapon.

"Yeah?" coughed Ron.  "You didn't have to tell us that."

RK kicked the body over onto his back, showing the blaster wound below his neck.

"Good shot." RK mused.

"I had to make sure I'd hit him and not you." Kanderin replied.  He searched the man all over, but hardly found enough identification for a dog.

"Unfortunately I think this is going to be much more complicated than we thought." Kanderin said.  "No huge invasion force, trained killers dressed up as civilians, what next?" Kanderin said aloud.

"Hopefully something that isn't as life threatening." Ron mumbled.  He felt the small incision on his neck where the knife grazed against him.  It was sore, but it would have been more sore if it hadn't been for RK's quick thinking.

"You alright man?" Ron called over his comlink.

"Yeah, I'm alright."  RK replied.  "And you?"

"Fine thanks to you." Ron said.

"Hey no problem." RK responded.  "I'll save your ass any day."

Ron halted before responding.

"You feel like saving your own ass RK?" he said.

"Why?" RK replied, alarmed.

"Get down!" Ron screamed.

Three grenades exploded within the wide circle that the Wraiths had made.  The one closest to Ron was a flash grenade, which blinded him temporarily.  He could hear the rest of the squad yelling out for aid and backup, but it was a few minutes before he could see anything.  When his vision did clear up, he didn't see any squad members- he saw three armed civilians.

-=Wraith Squad=-
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  778
December 18, 2008 10:32:18 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
As Jegora descended the ramp he searched the assembled stormtroopers for his squad. Due to the fact that all the stormtroopers present were encased in identical white armor, he had to rely on his heads-up display. He wasn’t disappointed.

As he glanced around the sophisticated electronics inside his armor immediately identified his fellow troopers utilizing a low-frequency transponder broadcast. Once the troopers were identified they were ‘painted’, or marked, on Jegora’s heads-up display, allowing him to instantly identify his squad mates. It was a nifty system, but one that took some getting use to. Having battlefield information superimposed over one’s vision is often disorienting, especially when it’s a new sensation.

For most of the stormies present, however, it wasn’t a problem. Training on Tadath, along with battle, served to familiarize a stormtrooper with the HUD. All the troopers present had been through Basic, and most had been through more than one battle, and as a result all were comfortable, to varying degrees, with the display system.

Moving off to where they appeared to be gathering, Jegora couldn’t help but glance at the white-armored form he identified as Aeos. Only a few hours ago he had lost control of himself, unable to cope with the strange feelings he felt for her. As a result he had injured two men and nearly killed two others. He had been released from the brig only because of the emergency situation on Tadath, and had been informed that his actions would be investigated so as to determine whether or not a court martial was in order. He had been given bacta injections to deal with his wounds and fatigue, and had then been sent right back into combat

As for Aeos’ condition, the assistant squad leader of Jester seemed to be getting along just fine. Four hours in a bacta tank, followed by a series of bacta injections healed her wounds just fine. In fact, most of the damage had merely been superficial, non-fatal. Aeos wouldn’t even suffer any scarring.

The fact that Aeos appeared to be ok made Jegora feel more than a little a foolish. He refused to think about it, though, instead turning his thoughts to the upcoming mission. To his knowledge, no one had ever attacked Tadath directly, and such a threat to the Vast Empire could not go unanswered.

The Corps was that answer.

After a short lull in which Angel met with the other squad’s leader, the two squads were finally ready to go. Angel approached where the Jesters were standing, and gave them their orders.

“This is BlackJack Squad. They’re going to be working with us on this one,” Angel began, and Jegora had to suppress a sigh. He had come to hate working with other squads, squads he felt just didn’t live up to Jester standards. Even though he suppressed the sigh, Angel looked right at him. “And I don’t want any trouble. Understand?”

There was a chorus of "yes sirs", and Jegora's was among the loudest. He had resolved to neither fail nor embarrass his squad again, whatever action it required. If that meant putting his personal ego by the wayside, then so be it. He wouldn’t like it, but he would do it.

“Our target is a slicer by the name of Frozt. He is considered armed and dangerous, and he is suspected to have a large guard force. Lethal force is authorized, but let’s take him alive if we can,” Angel continued, this time speaking to both the squads.

The BlackJack squad leader continued where Angel left off. “On a different note, there has been rioting in the city. We are ordered to ignore it as much as possible and to proceed to our target with all haste. Any questions?”

There were none. Every stormtrooper present knew what he or she had to do.

Angel glanced around, and the nodded. “Then let’s get moving.”

OOC:
BlackJack and Jester should now be together and pursuing the slicer. I assumed that we think there is a large force guarding him, but in reality only four noghri who are going to cause us some problems.

On a different note, sorry about the quality. I fought this one the whole way. Anywho, there ya go.
[This message has been edited by Jegora (edited December 18, 2008 10:34:57 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1217
Total Posts:  1849
December 19, 2008 7:56:36 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Lie on the ground, and we might not kill you" One of the hooded men growled, pointing his blaster towards the ground slightly.

"Aren't I lucky" Ron sighed, dropping down to his knees and putting his hands behind his head.

"I did say maybe, you Corps scum. Anymore of your mouth and I'll fire a bolt through it"

Ron had to bite his tongue to stop himself from replying, before pushing his hands onto the ground to lower himself down. It was then he saw Helena, perched on top of a roof about ten feet behind the hooded civilians, a finger to her lips. To either side of her, Kand and Joamer were working their way down the edges of the buildings, seemingly emerging in perfect spots behind two of the men. The Wraith special sign language emerged again, Kand quickly giving out the instructions. Ron blinked in understanding, before lying himself fully onto the ground, with the help of a foot from one of the mercenaries.

"Search him, take anything valuable" The man ordered, his two companions leaning down and beginning to dip their hands into any available pockets in his armor. One of the men had turned slightly, so Kanderin could see them from the side on. It was impossible to distinguish them from the people he saw walking Tadath every day, apart from they carried guns, knives and apparently explosives. The thing that caught Kanderin's eye though, was the loose cloth wrapped around this mans neck. He didn't need more of a bullseye.

Pulling a thin blade from his boot, he weighed in his hand. He didn't want to get it wrong, a miss could spell doom for him, and quite possibly the rest of the squad. A hit however, would rise up a panic more than effective. The sound of a blaster bolt was too noticeable, the highly trained mercenaries would know be able to work out where it came from and return fire. A blade however, was something entirely different. It could strike and the man would be downed, but his friends would have no idea where it came from for at least a few seconds, easily giving them enough time. By the time one of the other two had a chance to inspect the entry point, Wraith should of had the situation mopped up. At least, in theory.

He weighed the knife one more time in his hand, before taking aim on the man's neck and flinging it like a dart thrown from the waist. One of those subsequent slow motion throws immediately played in his head, he was able to see the knife fly clearly. He was able to see it spin on it's axis, before promptly dropping several inches due to the wind. He cursed himself for forgetting to check it, he'd simply assumed over such a short distance there would be minimal interference. The blade however still hit it's mark, but quite probably in a far more effective manner. Instead of hitting the center and sticking, the knife tore through the front of the man's neck, severing his windpipe badly before breaking back out the other side and implanting itself in a wall behind. The man didn't fall, instead gasping for air and clutching at his throat. The bonus of this was that the other two didn't realise what had happened for a while, the downside being neither did Joamer. It wasn't until the man dropped to the floor and blasters were aimed again that he realised, and took his shot. The second man was hit straight in the temple, a large fragment of his skull breaking away around it, splattering both Ron and the floor with blood. The third man aimed left to where the shot had came from, but Ron sprung into action before he could fire, grabbing his ankle and twisting it hard. The merc cried out and toppled forward, banging his head quite severely off the concrete and consequently passing out.

"Again, nice shot" Ron whistled, admiring Kand's handy work.

"I admit it, that one was luck" Kanderin shrugged "Let's get the bodies out of the way before we cause even more panic though"

"How about the alive one?" Helena asked, kicking him in the side gently after clambering down the ladder.

Kanderin sighed while considering the options, there was one glaring him in the face but he didn't like it. They afterall couldn't leave him alive, he would simply make the situation worse. In the heat of the moment he made the decision quickly, kneeling beside the man and placing both hands around his neck, twisting. His neck snapped quite loudly, and Kanderin let him go and stood back up.

"Before anyone chastises me, I didn't like the idea of killing a downed man any more than any of you would" He said.

"It was probably the only call, to be honest" RK responded glumly.

"Let's just get a move on, we've got a lot more problems than morals right now"

The squad nodded and sprinted after Helena.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  156
December 19, 2008 11:46:34 AM    View the profile of Ron 
Helena's word was good enough for the rest of the squad, and they quickly hurried after their assistant squad leader.  Ron followed last, holding a hand to his neck.

"That's twice now in five minutes... twice that I almost died."  Ron got the feeling that he was being targeted.  It would be easy for the enemy to spot out a communications technician from the rest of the squad.  The antenna sticking out from the squad comm box that was strapped on his back gave it away the best; but a good eye could also tell by the battle grade laptop that Ron had strapped to his thigh.  It was powerful enough to preform all of Ron's needs- yet small enough not to encumber him.

But why would they target him?  The answer was fairly clear; Ron would be the one to administer the anti-virus, which would hopefully end the crisis that this J'ak Frozt had brewed up.  If Ron was killed, it would take the squad much longer to figure out how to effectively diagnose the anti-virus into the computer system.  Only thing was, Ron didn't have the anti-virus.  He didn't even know who did have it.

Ron noticed he was lagging behind the rest of the squad... just before he was assaulted from behind.  Another "civilian" had popped up from the streets, a man whom the squad had taken to be dead.  Just as Ron turned his head, he lost his vision.  Another one had flanked him- and knocked him out cold.

Ron awoke with a sharp, throbbing pain in the back of his head, and a sickly cold feeling throughout his body.  He was stripped down to bare essentials, his armor lay in a heap on one side of him, most of his clothes were thrown on top of them.  Ron was bleeding heavily from the wound on his head, so as he inspected his torso and arms, he saw streams of blackened blood that had hardened while he was knocked out.  As he kneeled on the ground, he had the idea that he wasn't on the streets anymore... he was in a bright room in one of the back street houses.

As his eyes grew easier to the bright light that surrounded him- he began to notice the details that he had missed before.  There were five of the mercenaries, who were still dressed as civilians, all of them armed with blaster rifles.  One of them held a very small boy by his hair, the boy in turn was whimpering and shivering with fear.  This vision made Ron shift himself, which the mercenaries noticed.

"He's waking up." whispered one to another.

"Shuttup." the other one growled.  "I know that."  the harshness of his voice revealed the cruelty of his manner.  The mean one turned to the mercenary who held the hostage boy.

"Cut him." 

The mercenary who held the boy pulled out a long skinning knife, and cut a small slit on the boys arm.  As the blood seeped out of his arm the boy let out a scream, which made Ron's headache even worse.

The mean one turned to Ron. 

"We know you are here to implant the anti-virus.  That goes against our orders.  Hand over the anti-virus, and we won't kill the boy."

Ron looked over at the tiny boy.  He couldn't have been much older than seven years.  Ron turned his face towards the mercenary, making the cut in his head reopen and bleed again.  Ron blinked blood from his eyes.

"What'll happen to me?" Ron grunted.

"You'll die a quick death.  Or if the boss likes you, you can help to kill your friends; perhaps even join us."

The boss.  That was probably J'ak.  Ron would rather die than serve that scumbag.

"What'll you do to me if I refuse?" Ron asked.  He didn't even know why he asked that question.  He'd find out soon enough when he would have to refuse... because he didn't have the anti-virus.

"We'll kill the boy." sneered the mean one.  "And if that doesn't work, we'll cut you apart bit by bit and feed you of your own."

"Original." Ron said with a half hearted grin. 

"Enough talk, give us the anti-virus."

Ron sighed before answering.  "I don't have it."

The man who held the boy raised his knife in the air and jerked his elbow for the final plunge.

"But..." Ron interjected.  The man stopped and looked at Ron.

"If you hand me my helmet I can give it to you."

The mean one looked at Ron menacingly.  "Why the hell would you need your helmet?  Why the hell would we give you your helmet?"

"Cause that's where I hid the anti-virus." Ron said simply.

The mean one grabbed the helmet and began ripping out the padding inside of it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." said Ron.  He was slapped by one of the other guards.

"Shuttup." the guard said.

The mean one hissed and said, "Why?"

"Because every time you rip out something from my helmet, you risk breaking the anti-virus chip."

"That's the idea." grinned the mean one.  He continued ripping out wires and parts from Ron's helmet.

"Your problem." Ron shrugged.  The mean one sighed again and said angrily,

"What's my problem?"

"Well if you break the anti-virus chip then you won't know how to prevent the other anti-viruses..."

"What other anti-viruses?" the mean one asked.  He wasn't aware that there were more targets to take out.

"If you manage to extract the anti-virus unharmed, then you can take it back to your boss, who will open it and use it to prevent any more copies of the anti-virus from being uploaded."

Ron was right, the man knew it.

"So how do I get it out?"  The mean one was still sneering, but he was now dependant on Ron's answer.  That gave Ron some courage; he would be kept alive for a little bit longer.

"I will get it out and give it to you."  Ron said.

"Sure you will." the mercenary said.  "How can I be sure I can trust you?"

Ron gave a false sneer.  "I wouldn't mind the mercenary life."  The mean one wasn't sure if Ron was lying or not, but he handed over the helmet anyways, along with an ultimatum.

"Doesn't matter." he said.  "Either you die pulling some shit, or you die cause you won't help me.  Only option you have is to help me get the damned thing."

Ron sensed the dependence grow stronger.  He would have to act quickly if he had any chance of escaping.  Otherwise they would kill him once they didn't find an anti-virus.

As soon as he received the helmet, he smuggled a throwing knife that he had secreted away in it to his other hand.  As soon as he had done that, Ron swung the helmet at the head of one of the guards, and threw the knife at the light switch.

Two things happened at once.  First, the lights went out and made everyone instantly blind to everything around them.  Secondly, the helmet missed the guard in the darkness, but upon it's release flew across the room, and crashed into a bookshelf containing glass.

"He's by the shelves." yelled the mean one.

That wasn't true, Ron was by the doorway... his helmet was near the shelves.  Ron was searching for the doorknob, and had almost reached it when the door flew open and knocked him aside.  Blaster lasers were the only thing that could be seen in the darkness, which illuminated the corpses by the bookshelves.  Someone stepped on the glass and said aloud,

"Turn on the lights, Anival, Ron's gotta be in here somewhere."

Once the lights were on, Ron saw Kand walk over to him, and pull off his helmet.

"You look terrible." he said.

"I feel it." Ron groaned.

Kanderin motioned to RK and Helena would brought Ron's armor and the rest of his clothes to him.  Meanwhile Kanderin questioned Ron.

"They were the same kind of guys... but they they had a hostage this time... they wanted something about an anti-virus." Ron explained.

Kand jumped when he heard this.  He pulled out a small chip from his belt.

"Didn't know they knew we had one." he mused.

"So you had it then?" Ron said. 

"Yeah.  We've lost the element of surprise though.  If we're going to use it, we better do it quick."

RK and Helena helped Ron to his feet and out the door into the backstreet.  Kanderin pointed further down the road.

"We better get downtown... now." he said.  Kanderin turned back to Ron and said,

"You better take the anti-virus, you're the one who has to diagnose the system."

"What if I get caught again?" Ron said.

"Not on my watch." Kanderin replied.  "You aren't going anywhere except two feet in front of me until this mission is over."

-=Wraith Squad=-
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited December 19, 2008 11:47:57 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited December 19, 2008 11:48:34 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:31:40 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 168  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >