Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  1849
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
December 11, 2008 12:12:55 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
As the last of the bodies was piled up in the corner, Kanderin nearly jumped out of his skin. A large vibrating sensation had just ran all donw his right side, followed by a high pitched beep.

"Wait, your comlink works down here Kand?" Helena looked up from the bodies.

"Apparently" Kanderin shrugged, unbuckling his pocket to take it out. "A shame really, I quite liked the thing being unable to work, no one could bug me apart from who I actually liked"

As he pulled it out, he just had enough time to notice the signal bar vanish into oblivion again, indicating that he had probably found the only place in the entire complex a signal was possible, and them immediately lost it again. He pressed a few buttons and the message flashed up across the screen

"Dominion under attack, all squads are to return to the ship ASAP upon completing objectives"

"We're on the move guys, pack up and let's go" Kanderin called

"What about the tracker?" Ron asked, looking up from his laptop.

"I'm guessing we're too late to do anything about it anyway, and the fighting out there has gotten pretty heavy. Let's leave why we still have a ship to board"

"It's that bad out there?" RK asked.

"It's bad enough for Cosmic to decide enough's enough, put it that way"

The squad gathered together their weapons, laptops and stolen items from the mercenaries and headed for the door, Kanderin lagging behind just long enough to shut the door and lock it as best as he could, draining all light from the giant body heap in the corner and the unwanted attention it could attract.

Unfortunately it didn't occur to them until they had ran several hallways that they had been transported to the room as hostages, and that none of them had decided to remember where they were taken. They simply ran from hallway to hallway hoping for some sort of glowing sign illuminating their way.

"What floor are we on!" Someone's voice shouted behind Kanderin.

"I think we're quite close to the surface, if you listen carefully you can hear something" Helena replied, pulling Kanderin to a stop ahead of her. The whole squad froze, looking up to the ceiling for whatever noise she was pointing out.

"Are those fighters?" RK whispered.

"If they are, what the hell are they doing so close to the surface? Surely they should be up by the dominion" Joamer responded.

"They might be trying to scout us out, if they know we're here"

"Not in fighters they wouldn't, it's not suitable, they'd probably send men down or short range ships" Kanderin shook his head.
"Either way, let's move before they do something we don't expect."
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  409
Total Posts:  2159
December 11, 2008 3:13:48 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The BlackJacks, in an attempt to pull back as per orders, had gotten hung up. Badly.

"How many guys you think, 20? 30?" asked Gates, his back to a badly mangled steel crate.

He popped up, fired two quick bursts; both hit nothing, but forced the enemy to keep their collective head down. He ducked down again.

"The dropship is almost 100 meters away! We could never sprint that, at least not through this fire!" Tanus muttered into the command link.

"Well sir, I'd advise that we kill these guys first, then."

Tanus looked at Gates from another piece of cover. Even though the armor shielded facial expressions from view, Gates knew what he'd probably look like right now- halfway between laughing and cursing, not to great of a place to be, as far as facial expressions went.

Gates rolled to new cover, and just seconds later, his previous box simply collapsed, mostly melted. He stood up behind his new cover, a much larger box. Garryll pried a grenade from his belt, flicking the pin off. "Fire in the hole!" he yelled, pumping his fist, and then throwing the grenade. Many soldiers found his technique idiotically dangerous, but Gates would rather risk a stupid death than one he had no control over, in the shape of a kicked back grenade with no chance in hell of surviving. His pump threw another split second on the timer, and therefore, would detonate sooner.

Gates ducked back under cover as shrapnel flew from the explosive device, cutting through two mercenaries that had been unfortunate enough to be standing right there. Gates popped around the corner again, shooting a half-clip in a sustained burst at another fire team, scattering the mercs and killing another.

"How many guns, BlackJacks?" called Gates.

"I figure 27, boss!" Tank yelled back, popping a few more rounds down range. "Uh, make it 26!"

The stormtroopers continued their fire fight with the mercenaries, dropping one or two at a time for several minutes. Gates' stomach was killing him, having run out of pain killers.

He dropped behind cover, and dug through his back pack. There was little left in it; a few medpacs, a spent syringe, a couple grenades, a half-dozen clips, a backup pistol, and pack of cigars.

He pulled out a painkiller, lifted his plates, and jabbed it into his torso; the drugs spread quickly, targeting his aching joints and his burning wound, and doused them in cool relief. He slapped his armor back on, replaced his pack, and stood to fight again.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  414
Total Posts:  535
December 11, 2008 3:47:23 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sprinted around cover and smashed up against another wall of crates. Hurling himself around his rifle pressed against his shoulder he fired a stream of shots down towards a group of enemies. Two fell, the other ran diving behind cover and returning fire. Orobos ducked back as the red lasers flew by then popped his rifle around and blind fired around in the general direction of the troopers.

Orobos edged down the crates away from the fire still being pumped to the area around were he was. Pushing of the ground he rolled passed back to where the squad was and began firing. The enemy seemed more cautious then previous engagements they had made in the bunker. A few grenades flew through the air thrown by his squad-mates detonating all along the line of mercenaries hidden in cover. A few crates toppled, falling all around the enemy.

After another few minutes Orobos moved back around the cover and towards where he'd been. Removing his vibro-axe he pushed of sliding slightly on the floor coming in behind some crates piled up in a kind of crumpled heap. A few more members of Blackjack were flanking as well. Close combat weapons all clutched in their hands.

Diving Orobos grabbed the first of the mercs around the waist and threw him to the ground. Grabbing his helmet on both sides Orobos jerked his neck to the right a sickening crack coming from under the helmet. Jumping up he brought his axe around. The blade sunk into the mans shoulder. Dropping his weapon instantly the man fell his other free hand moving up to cradle his near severed arm. Orobos ignored him and moved quickly trying to keep momentum running through the rapidly rallying enemy.

After dispatching another enemy Orobos turned and was met by the flash of a rifle butt. The end of the weapon smashed into the front of his helmet. The armour absorbed some of the shock. Staggering back another blow came from a man lashing out at him with his foot. Catching the stormtrooper around the knee he was sent flying, falling on his back. Pulling out his pistol Orobos shot the mercenary who'd attacked him first shooting him twice in the stomach. The second man right behind him already had pulled out a combat knife. Orobos was just bringing his pistol up to train it on the man already lunging at him the knife clutched in his hand when a flurry of shots came from nowhere.

Looking to where they had come from Orobos saw Saphira and Tank standing there rifles following the progress of the mercenary falling to the floor. Orobos gave two thumbs up for perfect timing before rolling over. Holstering his pistol and returning his axe to it's sling he brought is blaster rifle up which had been swinging around his neck he fired another flurry of shots towards the slowly retreating enemy their numbers severely diminished.

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited December 13, 2008 3:48:53 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1772
Total Posts:  1920
December 11, 2008 6:22:29 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante shoved the pole forward, impaling a guard who had been trying to draw a bead on him with a heavy blaster. The man's arms jerked up as voltage surged from the staff to his armour and body, and his shot blew a crater in the ceiling. There were three squads of guards in the hanger, and they were doing an effective job of keeping the RAIDERS pinned down.

Dante felt something hot hit him hard in the chest, the force of the impact throwing him backwards. This was fortunate, as it meant the next three blaster bolts went past his head, bouncing harmlessly off the duraplast wall. Dante landed on his back, helmeted head slamming into a supply container with enough force to make his vision blur. The stormtrooper remained still for a moment, stunned by the blow, then got back to his feet. Instantly, another flurry of pistol shots flew close by his helmet, and he ducked. The three bodyguards kept up a constant stream of fire, their shots thudding into the durasteel crate and into the wall Dante was behind.

Taking advantage of the cover offered by the crate, the Sergeant First Class glanced from side to side. Most of the other RAIDERS were occupied with the two remaining groups of bodyguards, while Rogueboy was nowhere to be seen. The officers had vanished, most likely cowering inside the ship, which was still sitting serenely in position. Still, the Vast Imperials' time was running out: between the base's imminent destruction and the estimated escape time of the officers, things were looking bad.

The impacts against the crate and wall suddenly stopped, replaced by muttered curses and the click of metal on metal. It seemed that the trio had run out of ammunition at the same time, and hence were forced to reload without one providing cover fire.

Amateurs.

If Dante had brought his usual deece 17m or an A-280, he could have brought the three of them down in two seconds. However, at Snipes insistence, he’d taken the MG launcher instead, which was now out of shells. Not for the first or last time, the trooper mentally cursed his squad leader, said leader’s thought pattern and quite a few of his other attributes.

Dante was preparing to throw himself over the crate and at the group when he spotted a DL-54 heavy blaster, mostly covered by the blackened body of a fallen terrorist. He reached out for the weapon, grabbing it by the trigger guard. The RAIDER checked to make sure the power cell had a charge left, then jumped up and opened fire on the group.

One of them had finally managed to reload his rifle, and managed to squeeze its trigger once before two shots slammed into his faceplate. The “Annihilator” heavy blaster had enough power to burn a foot wide hole in plastoid armour with a single shot, and the pair of energy beams blew away most of the luckless merc’s head and torso. The other two were still fumbling with their weapons when Dante burned them down.

On the other side of the hanger,  Snipes yelled something in a language Dante couldn’t identify as he separated a hostile’s  helmeted head from its body with a vibrosword swing. There was a moment of silence, broken only by what sounded like someone pushing on a piece of metal. As three RAIDERS rushed to help Rogueboy with the debris, the rest of the squad charged towards the shuttle’s extended boarding ramp.
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  363
Total Posts:  744
December 11, 2008 7:54:18 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus ducked down as a pair of blaster bolts grazed his armor, sending him around a corner to make sure that no other damage had been done. When all he saw was scorch marks, he knew that he’d live to fight another day. He tossed a concussion grenade down range, knocking everything within 5 meters back another ten with sheer force. The enemy was beginning to fall back, and in-between Garryll’s bursts of flame and salvoes of blaster fire and grenades, it was a wonder they still managed to survive this long. Tanus took out his Samurai Edge and pumped a few shots down the way; he managed to hit one of the mercs in the shoulder while the other rounds either hit the walls or nothing at all. Another flame burst from Garryll funneled another three mercs into the open; Saph and Tank cut them down quickly as Tanus started firing at whatever body parts he could find. He managed to take down another two mercs before eventually he ran out of ammo and had to slam in a fresh clip. As he looked up, he saw two mercs making a move towards them.

“We have two bold ones Blackjack! Let’s show them where ambition leads!”

Tanus raised his rifle and unleashed a quick burst, followed by the rest of Blackjack squad. They were cut down in a flurry of superheated tibanna gas and fell to the ground, their bodies riddled with holes. As Tanus looked up at the remaining mercs and saw that they weren’t moving to follow, and also that there seemed to be fewer of them. That makes no sense. There should be at least seven more of them. Where in the Nine Hells are they? Tanus got his answer byt the sounds of footsteps to his right. He turned around and looked up to see two mercs getting into position, followed by another directly behind them.

“Flanks! Watch your flanks! Switch positions guys!”

Tanus turned and aimed his Samurai Edge at one of the mercs while aiming his rifle at the other. The one under the rifles gaze managed to move in time, but his companion was not so lucky. Three rounds hit his chest, and he was dead before he even hit the ground. Unfortunately, this gave the third man an open shot. As he was about to take it, BARman opened up, forcing him behind cover. As Tanus began to move forward a little, the second merc, tackled him to the ground, knocking his guns out of his hands. The next thing Tanus knew, he had a knife mere millimeters from his face. Tanus swore as he tried to throw him off, but it was no use. The merc was pressing down with all his might, trying to get the knife to pierce Tanus’ face plate. It would have been all over had it not been for Orobos’ indiscriminate firing. The split second the merc’s attention was off him was all he needed. Tanus pushed the merc off of him and grabbed his Samurai Edge and smacked him across the face with it, watching as spit and blood flew out of his mouth. The third merc attempted a shot, but Tanus ducked and rolled closer to him, knocking his rifle out of his hands; Saph but a few quick bolts in his chest bringing him down. As Tanus was about to get up from the crouch, the second merc charged him, knife extended and ready to strike. Tanus tried to divert it, but was only successful from it piercing his heart. Tanus was lifted off of his feet and slammed into a wall, with the blade of the knife sticking out of his leg. Adrenaline kicked in at that moment, and despite the fact that he was essentially numb, Tanus knew that he was going hurting later.

Tanus head butted the man, sending him reeling as he grabbed his own knife and marched forward, aiming to get vengeance. Tanus swung with the knife, all rage, just hoping to get the man loose on his feet. It happened eventually as he stumbled back to try and get his footing from the barrage of knife slashes. Tanus grabbed the man’s arm and tossed him into the wall, pistol whipping him a second time before jamming the knife up through his throat and through the roof of his mouth. Tanus removed the blade and sheathed it before crouching down; the adrenaline was beginning to wear off and Tanus was becoming aware of the knife in his leg all too well. As he removed, a small spurt of blood shot out of his leg. As he looked it over, Verkur came over and started to patch him up with a bacta patch and a sealant for the wound. Tanus then holstered his Samurai Edge and grabbed his S-FOX and put a spray of bullets downrange, sending more mercs into the open, only to be cut down by blaster barrages.

“C’mon guys! Let’s cut them down and get the kriffing hell out of here! Besides, I need to see a bloody doctor…”

SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet Novice

Pawn of Dragons

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  49
Total Posts:  51
December 11, 2008 8:21:52 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
Dinin was only marginally pinned down because the mercs were paying a bit more attention to the trooper lobbing grenades...that was probably Garryll, he thought.  The crate he was hunkered behind had taken relatively few shots, and he continued to watch and bide his time, taking only one or two shots when he saw a large opening, moving up to a semi-flanking position when he found the opportunity.

He saw that Orobos had a similar idea, already unsheathing his vibro-axe and laying into the first few mercs standing before him.  Taking his cue, Dinin slung his rifle over his shoulder and drew out his combat knife.  He crept forward out of cover towards the first merc, who’s attention was split between keeping the storm troopers pinned down and the chaos at the other end of his own line.  He didn’t know Dinin was there until his knife drew a line across his throat, dropping him slowly, gurgling to the floor.

The second merc that Dinin went for noticed Dinin out of the corner of his eye, and took a swing at him with the butt of his rifle, but it was parried with Dinin’s free hand before his knife plunged into his stomach.  Wrenching it up and out, he broke into a run towards the next merc who was bringing his rifle to bear.  It was slapped aside as his face met with Dinin’s fist, sending him reeling.  Before he had time to regain his balance, Dinin had planted the knife into the man’s sternum.

By now, a few of the mercs in the line had noticed Dinin as well, and were already taking aim.  A crackling message shot over his comlink,

“Get under cover!  You’re too exposed!”

He had no time.  Already two mercs were charging him with weapons of their own, one with a pistol on the right and another with a knife on the left.  Lunging forward, Dinin reached to slap the pistol out of the way recognizing that as the primary threat, and he was just barely able to move it aside to thrust the knife into the man’s throat.

As his attack sank in, though, a burning sensation followed by a white hot flash of pain coursed through his hand.  He turned to look at it but was interrupted by the strike of the other merc.  Using an elbow block and a turn to drive the knife up into the man’s rib cage, he hunched under the dead weight and used it as a shield as he retreated back to cover.

Dropping the corpse, he lobbed a grenade behind the few other mercs he could see and dove for the rest of his cover were he inspected his hand.  There was a gaping hole through the front mesh that continued through his hand and the back gauntlet plate.  Dinin realized that he hadn’t slapped the pistol as he had intended, he had palmed the barrel and moved it aside.  Well, he probably deserved it, being as reckless as he had just been, but it still hurt like a bitch.  He pulled out a med pack, wrapped it with bact-tape and injected a painkiller to help dull the searing pain that flashed through his arm whenever he tried to move his fingers.  No rifle use for a while, he thought grimly.

His pistol would have to suffice for now.
Black Jack Squad
Corporal Dinin Parker
TRP/CP Pawn of Dragons/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  281
Total Posts:  896
December 11, 2008 8:42:13 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun stayed by the side of the pilot until the medics confirmed that he would be alright. Zeshaun relaxed and joined his squad gathered around the door in the back of the hangar. Lucky informed everyone that they had some time to themselves for the moment but she didn't know what was up so they should stay alert.

Zeshaun decided to go back to his room and get some rest or maybe go back to the bar. Zeshaun remembered from last time that the ship had a lack of signs and it would take some time to find both his room and the bar so he said his goodbyes and left the hangar.

After about 20 minutes of wandering around the ship he found his room, he took off his helmet and threw it down on the bed. He quickly unclasped his armor and stored it away in it's proper locker before finding some normal clothes to wear. His twenty minute walk with his armor on had gotten him very sweaty since the ship was well heated. Just as Zeshaun had lay down on his bed a knock came from the door.

"Who is it?" Zeshaun asked yelling from his bed.

It was Alan, he had come asking if he wanted to go get some drinks. Zeshaun looked back at his bed, contemplating whether he should rest or go get drunk. Zeshaun decided he could sleep after he got drunk. He grabbed his machine pistol, put on his leather vest and left out the door with Alan.

Zeshaun and Alan visited Nick, Novacaine and Requiem's room's as well and invited them to join. Novacaine declined but they convinced him that it was a good idea, Nick and Requiem were happy to join them.

When they arrived at the little restaurant Lucky was already sitting at a large booth in the back corner. It was dimly lit with candles at each table and there was some smooth jazz coming from the speakers. Zeshaun immediately relaxed and he took a seat next to Alan at the end of the booth.

A waitress came by not to much later and they all ordered some Correllian ale. The waiter left and within moment came back with their drinks.

"Here's to another mission without losing a trooper." Lucky said holding up her glass.

They all held up their glasses to the toast. Zeshaun still had an uneasy feeling that the mission wasn't quite over yet but he didn't care at the moment, he felt happy and he was going to enjoy evere second he spent with his squad.

"What do you think the enemy fighter's were about." Alan said putting down his half-empty glass.

Lucky shrugged and everyone else didn't know either. They all agreed that it couldn't be good. The arrival of two unknown star destroyers is always a bad sign. Zeshaun thought downing the last drops of his ale. The waitress came by and asked if he would like another but he declined. Best not to get too drunk when the situation is so uncertain He thought priding himself in being able to decline an ale.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1138
Total Posts:  1795
December 12, 2008 5:00:43 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
After the medics had taken away the pilot the squad started to disperse.  Most of them headed off to their rooms to get out of their cumbersome armour.  Alan headed back to his room also.  Despite being on the warm ship, Alan still felt a little chilly so he got out of his armour and took a lengthy heated shower.

Exiting the shower, he got his normal clothes on and strapped both blasters to his hip.  Although the Dominion had been boarded already, Alan wasn't expecting any trouble but he never felt complete without his blasters.  He was still getting used to having two blasters strapped to his hip but it reassured him to know they were there.

Time to get some drinks he thought to himself as he called on Zeshaun and the rest of the squad.  Entering the restaurant Alan's nostrils were assaulted with a multitude of delicious smells both from the food and from the drink.  Alan knew exactly what to have and as soon as the waitress came over a round of Corellian ale's were soon on the table.

"What do you think the enemy fighter's were about?" Alan asked putting down his half-empty glass.

Alan looked at the faces of the squad, Lucky shrugged and no-one else had any thoughts on the matter.  Whatever it was, Alan was certain that it couldn't be good.  He hoped they didn't have to return to the planet.

The waitress returned asking if they wanted another round.  Alan was surprised to see that Zeshaun declined.  He however didn't, he wasn't planning on getting massively drunk but just the one ale was certainly not enough to quench his appetite.

The squad started fanning and returning to their rooms to get some rest.  They didn't know when they would next be called into action and they wanted their rest.  Soon it was only Alan and Lucky left and they spent some time together, chatting.  It was nice just to relax.

Over the com an announcement was made "First Class Luckystar please report to the bridge".

Alan glanced over at her and said "hopefully you'll get to find out what is going on".

"I hope so" replied Lucky, "you'd better get some rest and we may be called into action soon".

"I will, you try and catch some rest yourself if you can" replied Alan.

"I'll try" replied Lucky, "but I'm guessing it's going to be a long night".

Alan watched her leave.  He looked around and noticed that he was now on his own.  He pondered about having another drink but decided to just return to his room and catch some sleep.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  282
December 12, 2008 8:54:42 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
After the next round of drinks arrived for the rest of the squad Zeshaun slightly regretted not ordering another drink himself. To remove the feeling of regret he ordered some food for himself to take back to his room. As Zeshaun started to nibble on the food that had arrived Lucky was called up to the bridge.

Alan turned to her and said "hopefully you'll get to find out what is going on".

"I hope so" replied Lucky, "you'd better get some rest and we may be called into action soon".

Zeshaun got up and said he was going back to his room to rest and he departed with his food. It took him another 10 minutes to actually find the right room. They really need to get some signs around here. Zeshaun thought slightly frustrated.

He put the food down on a counter next to his bed and he noticed for the first time that he smelled like a room full of wet dogs. He quickly got in the shower and took a long shower. It was soothing to be in the warm water especially after coming off of the cold planet of Anteevy.

He got out and he shivered, he went to the heater and turned it up. Once he was in another new set of clothes he went and sat on his bed. Zeshaun picked up his food and started to eat it.

Zeshaun turned on the holonet and clicked through the channels to see what was on. He found a show giving a history lesson on the reign of the emperor and gave some very descriptive first hand accounts from the major battles. 

He unholstered his machine pistol and set it on the nightstand. He went through every gun to make sure they were in pristine condition. The combination of the holonet's was stories and having his guns in his hand made Zeshaun want to go shoot something. He decided to go and find a simulation room or a shooting range.

I should probably be sleeping right now Zeshaun thought as he yawned. He had spent the last half-hour roaming the halls looking for the simulation room or the shooting range. By now he had given up looking and was aimlessly wandering the halls. He ran into the occasional navy crewman and he asked for directions.

"We do not have either a simluation room or a firing range sir." The navy crewman said giving Zeshaun a strange look/

Zeshaun nodded and continued walking to the end of the hall and took a right. I think that crewman was messing with me, there has to be some kind of firing range on board Zeshaun thought very confused.

After an hour of searching he compeltely gave up and returned to his room. He threw his guns down onto the floor and fell onto his bed almost falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 14, 2008 8:05:49 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1141
December 12, 2008 12:34:55 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky glanced round at Alan just before she was about to depart and asked “you going to be ok in finding your way back?”

“Of course” replied Alan as she smiled and left.

Alan declined another drink and got up and exited the restaurant.  He glanced down the left corridor and then the right corridor.  I guess I should have said I needed some help he thought as he chose the right corridor.

The ship seemed to comprise of a never ending maze of corridors.  Alan was beginning to think that he was never going to find his way back to his room when he suddenly heard the sound of blasters.  Oh hell he thought have we been boarded again.

Alan didn’t know where he was going to but he grabbed both his blasters and started running towards the sound.  He found it difficult to get to the source of the noise in the maze of corridors but his hearing was telling him he was getting closer.

He moved quietly to a door and he knew that behind the door was the source of the blaster fire.  Alan thought about using the com to get support but he glanced around the ship and realised that if he did call for help he would never be able to tell them where he was.  I hope there aren’t too many boarders thought Alan as he stormed into the room blasters raised.

His eyes widened in surprise when upon entering the room he was confronted by a shooting range.  Alan felt a bit sheepish storming the room to find out that the blaster fire was actually from blasters being used on the range.  There were several lanes, each with a figure outline with several scoring areas on the head and body.  Alan quickly tucked away his blasters and thought to himself I never knew the ship had one of these.

An officer approached Alan and asked “can I help you?”

“Sorry, I heard the sound of blasters” replied Alan.  Then he added “I didn’t know there was a firing range onboard”,

“Yes” replied the officer, “it was installed some time ago.  The room is shielded so any stray shots do not cause damage to the ship”.

“Nice” replied Alan.

“Would you like to make use of the range?” queried the officer.

“Would I” exclaimed Alan as he grabbed his blasters out of their holsters.

Moving over to one of the lanes Alan thought to himself I guess I won’t be getting much sleep tonight.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1773
December 12, 2008 12:58:11 AM    View the profile of Dante 
The officers were cowering on the far side of the cabin when the RAIDERS stormed in. Two of them turned and fled into the cockpit, sealing it before anyone could stop them. One of the remaining three, his Imperial standard uniform revealing him to be a General, lifted a blaster pistol in one shaking hand.

"Stop...don't come any closer..." the officer stuttered.

Dante aimed his DT-57 at the man's head, but Sniping101 gestured for him to stand down.

"Surrender, General, and you'll go unharmed. Once you've told us what we need to know, you might even be released." The last statement was a lie, but the officer didn't need to know that.

The man stared at the RAIDERS squad leader's expressionless helmet, uncertain. Dante noticed the man's eyes were bloodshot and his uniform was  covered with dust from the firefight.

"I have your word?" the officer whispered quietly, his weapon hand dropping an inch.

Battlemont nodded.

"May the Force help me if I'm wrong."

The pistol dropped from General Moteurs hand. Vox bent down and retrieved the weapon.

"Your hands please, gentlemen."

Moteurs shrugged and extended his arms. Dante clamped the stun-cuffs onto his wrists, then stepped back again. The other two followed suit.

"And now, for your colleagues in the cockpit..."

The doorseal came down after a few impacts from the butt of Dante's A-280. The two officers were waiting, armed with E-11s from a rack on the wall. Before they could fire, the RAIDERS had shot each of them with several stun shots. Their limb bodies were dragged unceremoniously into the main cabin and they were handcuffed and tied down.

Sniping101 returned to the shuttle's cockpit and looked at the controls.

"Anyone know how to fly a shuttle like this?"

When no one replied, the squad leader muttered something that sounded suspiciously like "rookies" under his breath and plopped into the pilot's seat.

"You three, keep an eye on our guests. Virius, you're co-pilot."

Dante walked back into the cabin, where Gaz was standing in front of the ramp, keeping his rifle trained on the group of officers. As Dante joined him, the ramp hissed and rose smoothly until it was fully raised. As the chamber sealed, the shuttle's engines activated and the small luxury craft began to turn.

Suddenly, the ship shook, and there were curses from the cockpit.

"Frak!"

The ceiling holoscreen showed groups of heavy weapon wiedling wielding mercenaries pouring into the hanger. As Dante watched, one fired a rocket at the shuttle, causing its shield to flare and die.

"Eat this, Sithspawn..."

Virius activated the ship's rear laser cannon. The heavy cannon tore through groups of trooopers and their weapons, hitting a crate of thermal detonators. The ensuring explosion tore that section of the hanger apart and caused a cave-in. As rubble continued to fall, and secondary explosions occurred around the structure, the shuttle flew from the hanger and into the pristine air of Anteevy.

"Next stop's the Dominion, RAIDERS!" Sniping 101 whopped as he sent the small craft soaring upwards. The ship's IFF code meant that they successfully bypassed all of the base's defenses, a code which Sniping101 changed once they were in the upper atmosphere.

This part of the mission was all but over.
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 12, 2008 1:15:58 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  410
December 12, 2008 3:14:15 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates was starting to get pissed at the mercs. They were smack in the middle of the BlackJacks' way, and they wouldn't die, no matter how many lasers were fired, how many grenades scattered them, no matter how much burning fuel burned into them. They were persistent, and apparently thought that their persistence could help them to victory.

Gates fired another burst, taking out another, then whirled as laser fire came from behind him. "Flanks! Watch your flanks!" Tanus yelled over the comm.

Tanus, Verkur, and Saph were tied up with the majority of the remainder of the mercenaries, the flankers; Orobos and Dinin, free to roam, had managed to take out the three cover men without getting killed. Gates fired back at one of the flankers, who ducked back behind cover, and Saph tackled him. They fell into a melee, with Tanus taking out a half-dozen of them.

Gates was whirling, looking for targets, when he was shot in the knee. His leg burned, buckled; the armor had turned black in the spot, and the culprit came up into Gates' view.

An officer's chevrons marked the man, and the smoking pistol slated him for death. Gates fired his DC at the officer, but it clicked- empty.

He dropped it, pulling out his pistol; he managed to get two shots off, the officer one. Gates' pistol was shot right out of his hands, but his shots took the man in the left shoulder and right hand, blowing off his first two fingers.

Gates looked as his hand, miraculously undamaged, but his pistol was ten meters away, spinning in a pool of slush. His opponent tackled him, a knife scratching over the armor of Gates' torso armor.

The ASL managed to get a fist up and punch the man in the face, shaking him off and landing him on his ass.

Then he stood, his knee flexing painfully, but the adrenaline high he was on didn't even recognize it. The officer stuggled to his feet as well, only to meet a vicious kick to his stomach. The officer fell back to feet, and threw up all over the ground. Gates limped forward, meeting his opponent, who again was on his feet, his face a bleeding mess and pale where blood wasn't.

Gates swung a trio of hammering blows into the man, snapping his head back, and knocking him onto his back again. The officer stirred faintly, and Gates turned and walked three steps, leaned over, and picked his pistol up.

He checked the charge, and went back over to the officer. The man was on his knees, gasping in pain through broken ribs and swallowed blood. He looked up as Gates' figure blocked out a light.

"Resistance is futile. The Empire will die," spat the officer defiantly.

"Not today. Today, only you and your men will die," responded Gates, leveling the pistol with his foe's head and pulling the trigger, blowing his brains onto a row of crates behind him.
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  411
December 12, 2008 3:14:15 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
=Double post, accident, sorry, please delete.
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited December 12, 2008 4:44:06 PM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  588
Total Posts:  1385
December 12, 2008 5:45:25 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saphira growled through her unreadable mask. She was  starting ot get tired of the mercs rushing it. It was starting to show on all of the Blackjacks as Saphira  reached with lightening speed and grabbed a  gernade. Setting it she  tossed and through down the  hall. It bounced and rolled until a click and loud explosion. The death cries of enemy filled the air, but more kept comming.

"Damn it.. What are these guys.. Clones?"

The anger was clearly read in her voice as she  flipped her blaster up and  fired a few shots off. They hit someone but the others splayed off to the wall to leave another of the series of scortch marks left behind. Right  barly out of her eyesight she  watched Gates say somethign to a fallen  enemy before letting a few shots off in the air.  Saphira couldn't help with the satisfactory smile that smilled across her face. Verkur looked over at her for a moment.

"You never know.. Id swear these guys have super stimulents in themselves.. "

"Cut the chatter.. move!"  Tanus  snapped as they started to pick off more of the troopers. The air stank of death and explosion powder resadue.  Lickign her lip  the Twi'lek  ducked, rolled and shot up a few more troopers before one of them managed a shot to set it straight into her  blaster.  Her eyes opened as the weapon was useless.

Dumb luck, or he's rather skilled...

Saphira thought and looked to see Verkur  taking down a merc that was nearing too close.

"Damn.. these guys just dont' quit.. Saph.. Here!" He tossed  her  a spare blaster. Both saluting in a comradray remarke she kept up and followed Tanus.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  75
December 12, 2008 8:22:00 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem had an unbreakable feeling to explore, him not having enough time to observe The Dominion before departure to the Ice planet Anteevy was dis-heartening. He had welcomed the thought of having the time he had now to explore the vast space's and hallway's of The Dominion.

He had jumped from his spot on the stranded shuttle the second they had told him to " Please. . . take your time you will be informed on more objectives on your mission soon ", even though no matter how much time he had to survey the ship he still wouldn't be able to see all of it including the classified room's or inside of the important area's in one day or how many hours he had, but he still kept on trying to see as much as he could.

Damn, this ship is huge Requiem's helmet was constantly held looking most of the time he was on the dominion, this being his first time actually on the ship itself casually until his next mission was cherished time and he wanted to see all of it. If i ever feel Uncomfortable anywhere, at least i can remember The Dominion .

Requiem knew he was going to have a sore neck the next day but he didn't mind that at all. He began to see the large intricate workings of the Dominion and wanted to see the large power system it had to control all of what was inside. that would make my day. . . Requiem looked ahead of him and saw a large fork in the road on all directions The hell am I going ?

Requiem had taken the left passage and ran down it in a certain haste almost believing that the person responsible for the generator would leave his post and keep the door open, this is what he wanted to have happen but he didn't want anyone to find out if he tinkered with any of the large equipment Ahh I could say I was the repair guy Requiem looked to his attire while he was running and noticed his Array of weapon's and storm trooper armor Wow. . . am I that tired ? Requiem shook his head and looked to his ComLink I could find out what the rest of the squad is doing ?

" Hello ? "Requiem spoke out slowly into the ComLink trying his best not to have the feedback of his running enter the Mic.

" Whadda ya Want ? " Requiem heard Nick use the feed and reply back. he seems hes at the bar Onto someone else than

" Zeshaun ? " Requiem heard loud static and snoring so he presumed he was sleeping.

" Alan ? " Requiem heard loud blaster fire over the ComLink and tried to think of a way to get closer to Alan.

" Damnit anyone know which direction Alan went ? "Requiem spoke to the people around him who ran by to get to their duties and shook their head no help ? Requiem ran through the hall to get to where he was going.

Requiem stopped in one spot as he ran through the full length of the hallway and came to a crossroads, Requiem strafed his head in both directions and tried to use his hearing to get closer but he guessed and went left and to his surprise it was right. he burst through a metallic door with his weapon's in the ready but only saw other troopers and officer's firing down into 7 lanes. they had a firing range ? Requiem laughed inside and saw Alan at the 6th Lane Requiem went over to the 7th and took out his Machine Pistols.

Requiem yelled over the loud Piercing sounds of the Weapon's and tried to reach Alan in some way but to no avail well while I
m here
Requiem began to open fire on the target's as they appeared in front of him from activation of the control panel to his right. He smiled as they were a good form of practice and he was happy that if he missed it wouldn't damage the ship in any way.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  770
Total Posts:  2175
December 12, 2008 8:34:01 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora could only watch in fascinated horror as the detpack slid out into the hallway and past the Jesters. There was a stunned moment in which every single trooper stood absolutely still, and then all at once the entirety of the squad exploded into motion. They sprinted away from the bomb, Aeos dragging Jager as they went. It was sheer luck that they managed to make it a safe distance away before the bomb went off.

“Keep moving,” Angel yelled as the squad recovered from the blast, his voice tight and laced with pain from his shoulder injury. Nevertheless, the Jester squad leader never faltered. He brushed past the rest of the Jesters, taking point despite his lack of a heavy weapon. All he was armed with were his two blaster pistols, but that made him no less intimidating.

Before long the Jesters found themselves at the lift they had initially used. Filing in, the nine Vast Empire troopers crowded each other, but no one let their discomfort show. They were much too professional for that. Instead they stood silently, appearing at-ease and loose. It was a mark of the veteran squad that even at the end of a stressful mission, when everything was about to go wrong, the Jesters were relaxed and ready for anything.

As the doors opened, Jegora moved forward to take point, cutting Angel off in the process. Although he didn’t like overstepping his place, at the same time Jegora didn’t think that it was a good idea for a trooper with no armor and pistols as his only weapons should be leading the squad into the unknown.

It turned out to be a good decision. The cargo bay/hangar was much as the Jesters had left it, except for a small, fast looking transport ship. Immediately Jegora ducked down behind some nearby crates, but he was too late. The four sentries standing at the ramp had spotted the squad as it filed out of the lift, and the fight was on.

Two more troopers, as heavily armed and armored as the first four, descended from the ship’s interior and took up the fight as well. Although the Jesters outnumbered the new hostiles, they were tired, and the enemy troopers seemed to be fresh.

“Must be some kind of guard squad,” Brightstar commented from Jegora’s right, all the while firing on a particular hostile with her rifle.

Jegora merely grunted. At that particular moment the comment didn’t warrant a response. Instead he carefully aimed Angel’s SLAR, using the scope to fire at any exposed body parts with pinpoint precision. Unfortunately, Jegora wasn’t as good with the heavy rifle as Angel, and most of his shots missed, but the rounds were well enough placed that they kept the enemy behind cover.

“What now?” Jori asked no one in particular.

Silence met his question.
Nick
ComNet Initiate

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  173
December 13, 2008 10:21:42 AM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick closed and clipped it back onto his armor, which he still had equipped. He didn’t bother to take it off, they would be receiving their next objective soon. He took a final sip from his corellian whiskey and placed it on the counter. He hopped off the seat. He was tired of sitting and drinking. He wanted something worth doing. Despite his dizziness and lack of accuracy, Nick Draxen headed towards the Firing range. He had known that some form of training area was on the ship, but he had never gotten the chance to visit it.

There was only one problem. He had no idea whatsoever as to where the practice range was. One of the crewmembers walked by Nick. It was his only chance to get directions.

‘’Excuse me.. Could you show me the entrance to the shooting range ?’’ Nick asked.

The crewman nodded. He didn’t seem like the talkative type. He lead the Lance Corporal down the hallways of the Star Destroyer. After a while, they had finally stumbled upon the shooting range. Within it, Nick could see two familiar faces from his squad. Alan and Requiem had beat him to the ranges location. They were too busy trying to hit the targets to turn around and greet him.

Nick was surprised he had not been invited into this. He didn’t like it when he was left out, uninvited. Nonetheless, Alan and Requiem understood that he enjoyed drinking and games like Sebacc.

Nick went to the side of the range. Large arrays of weapons filled the wall. It was in Nicks eyes, a marvelous sight. Nick grabbed a weapon he had not used in a long time, the E-11 blaster rifle. It was the standard stormtrooper rifle but Nick preferred to stick to the more advanced and effective.

‘’So.. I guess the Sarge still hasn’t arrived back ?’’ Nick wondered.

‘’No.’’ Alan said, he was concentrating on the targets.

Draxen had wondered what was going on. He could tell the rest of Paladin squad was extremely restless, except for Zeshaun. Nick figured he should do some training as well. He stationed himself next to Requiem and began firing away.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Nick/1SQD/2PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE[LoR]

'To Punish, and Enslave'

'Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.' Bruce lee.
'A warrior can get knocked down ten times, but he had the chance of giving up since the first hit.'- Nick Draxen
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1144
December 13, 2008 12:51:55 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan fired repeatedly with both his blasters at the target in front of him.  For a long part of his life he had always utilised just the one blaster but recently he had opted to go for two to give him greater firepower, however he was still getting used to it.

Looking at the target before him Alan wasn’t overly happy.  The blaster bolts had cleanly hit the scoring areas but he wasn’t happy with some of the scores and he was certain that the poor scores were from his left handed blaster.  I guess I need some more practice thought Alan.

Alan recalled the target and replaced it with a new target.  Whilst he was changing the target he glanced over and was surprised to see Requiem firing away in the lane beside him.  pondered Alan as he sent the new target down the length of his lane.

Alan was just about to resume firing when he heard the doors open.  Glancing over he saw Nick enter and move over to the large array of weapons.

“So.. I guess the Sarge still hasn’t arrived back?” Nick wondered.

“No” replied Alan as he concentrated back on the target.

It had been some time now since Lucky had left for the bridge and Alan was wondering just what she was being briefed about and when the Paladins would be next called into action.

Putting such thoughts out of his head he holstered his right handed blaster and concentrated on using just his left handed blaster.  He noticed that the blaster bolts were starting to get better scoring results.  Much better thought Alan as he carried on practicing.

Alan wondered what the rest of the squad was doing and wondered whether he should call them and invite them down to the range or just let them rest.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1202
December 13, 2008 3:00:30 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Another four squads of mercenaries came sprinting down the hallways towards the control rooms the Wraiths had just left, seemingly oblivious to the fact the squad that had caused the chaos were hiding mere feet away from them. Kanderin shot dark looks at any members of the squad who seemed to be about to take a gasp of air, knowing that the smallest sound would be amplified by the small space they were in and heard by everyone outside. It was a miracle in the first place they had managed to find such a perfect hiding place, he didn't want to ruin it now.

There was a gap after the third squad, the fourth seemingly being distracted elsewhere temporarily. Kanderin took the gap and whispered to the rest of the squad
"The moment this next one is out of sight, we make a break for it. I'm guessing the exit is where they came from, so follow me right". The squad nodded in response and went back to their prone positions, the dark shadows of the fourth squad starting to stretch their way across the floor.

It seemed a good few minutes before the shadows dissipated into the genuine articles, the squad being led by admittedly a very short, weedy Squad Leader.  His glasses dropped below his nose as he ran, causing him to stagger slightly as he pulled them back up his face. His assistant had to be careful not to collapse completely over him, his huge frame dwarfing his bosses.

The next man however, caused them a problem. His vision seemed to lack a focus, his pupils deciding to scan every nook and cranny of the hallway they were running down. For a squad currently hiding in one of those spots, it was a problem. Kand and the rest of the squad watched the mans eyes closely, begging them not to fall on their own. Inevitably though, they did, and the man opened his mouth to cry out. What happened next however, took everyone by surprise. Helena, without a second of warning, lunged out of the tiny storage closet and came crashing down upon the helpless man, like a tiger bearing down on its prey. The other four men following him had no time to react and simply stumbled over them, collapsing into a huge heap of bodies. RK and Joamer were next out of the room, just in time to spot the Squad leaders turn around and begin to raise the guns. The Wraith's however were too fast, gunning them down before either could lock a finger onto the triggers.

Kanderin hadn't realised how long he had been stood watching this unfold however, and only snapped out of his trance when he heard RK cry out, one of the men on the ground grabbing at his ankle. He didn't want to draw his gun, firing again could attract attention, so he did the next thing that came to his mind, and swung a foot towards the man. He connected heavily with the side of the mans face, the force pushing him towards the wall and into it with a bone shattering crash. Several teeth fell loose underneath Kanderin's boot, and the moment he moved his foot the man just dropped to the floor unconscious.

"Thats what you get for not wearing a helmet" Kanderin muttered, looking around at the rest of his squad, who were now watching him in shock. They had the rest of the mercenary squad subdued, guns pointed to their necks or foreheads.

"What do you say we do with them?" Antos asked, kicking the man below him who shuffled slightly.

"We should just kill them and move on" Leon answered.

"No, I'm going to be nice and let them keep their lives" Kanderin shook his head, and many of the hostages cried out in joy. "Strip them and throw them in the closet, lock it behind you"

"What!?" The one closest to Kanderin shouted.

"We cant have you crying out and ruining our getaway now, can we?" Kanderin winked, before removing the weapons of the man. The rest of the squad got to work as well, and five minutes later five fully grown men, two of them unconscious were thrown into the closet, wearing nothing but their underwear.

"Oh and Helena" Kanderin called as he used a broom from in the closet to wedge the door.

"What?" She answered.

"Dont jump on anyone like that ever again, it's way too creepy"

Helena shrugged. "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

"I liked it" Leon added in "Very amazon like, hugely attractive"

"Compare me to an amazon again Leon and I'll clobber you too"

"Enough guys" Kanderin smiled "Let's get out of here"

After the squad finished ransacking the decent parts of the mercenaries equipment, they sprinted back and around to the right, where they were met with a large set of stairs. At the top was a door, which after being forced open by the majority of the squad, led them out into the open once more, met by the two feet of snow now suffocating their feet. Immediately the squads comlinks went crazy, chattering into action with five or six intercepted conversations at once. From the co-ordinates being pointed out, they were roughly right below where the Dominion was, but the distance between them was still to great for him to be able to see the ship.

"This is Wraith's squad leader, any transport ships available?" He called into his comlink. For a few moments nothing seemed to change, the chatter if anything got louder. Then out of nowhere, a voice came through clear as day.

"Christ, you guys have taken your time, I've been waiting forever. Where the hell are you?"

"We got sidetracked a little" Kanderin replied "And we've just come out of the complex, we're what appears to be a few clicks north of where you dropped us off"

"Roger that Sergeant, I'm on my way now. Any casualties?"

"No, we're all fine, just hurry up and get down here"

"Easier said than done, it's chaos up here. In all honesty I think you'd be safer staying down there, but orders are orders"
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
TX-47
ComNet Member

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  325
Total Posts:  614
December 13, 2008 3:24:30 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Pain.  Unbelievable pain.  That was Tank's whole universe.  Left shoulder.  That was the source.  The there was sound.  Chaos.

A voice.  Saphira?  Yes, he thought it was Saphira.  Saying something about a merc dropping a bacta canister.  Bacta?  i remeber bacta... bacta's good... for...

Light.  Light.  Not red haze.  A mask.  Snowtrooper?  Saphira?  Holding a bacta canister to my shoulder.  Emptying the contents directly into the wound.  I remember getting shot...

"..c'mon trooper!  Stay with me!  You're not retiring that easy!" she yelled at him.  "Damn!  Not a full heal but it'll have to do.  Cmon Tank!  Move it trooper!

"Hrrrnngh!" and Tank was standing.  As Saph was leading him toward the exit he realized his right arm was uninjured and still holding his trusty E-11/H.  Rather than be a burden he shrugged off Saph's arm with a quick "Thanks!" to Saph and rapid shots at the mercs.

Verk & Pawn added grenades to their covering fire, bringing a few chunks of ceiling down on the mercenary scum.  Cautiously experimenting, Tank found (painfully) he could use his left arm (more or less).  Hurts to use it; hurts not using it.  I wish I was back on the Dominion!  Or better yet, back at the Imperial Ball!

One stupid merc tried to bum-rush the most injured trooper; Tank hit his face with his blaster and Saph shot him point-blank.  Grabbing the merc's gear Saph herded the fire team (if that's what it was) out of the building before it could come down on there heads.  It was only matter of time; the whole building was rapidly becoming toast.

OOC:
more fun monday
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1203
December 13, 2008 5:02:40 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
OOC:
Just noticed the timeline our posts have been heading on is slightly different to Rizzit's, I'll sort it out this post.

The speeder's landing sent several pounds of snow crashing over the squad, successfully making them even colder.

"Sorry about that, I misjudged it's depth a little bit" The pilot smiled, opening the doors for the squad to enter.

"Whatever, you did that on purpose" Kand snarled, shaking the snow loose from his armor.

"Heh, you got me. Let's get moving though, I dont want any of those fighters to catch me up"

The squad made their way up the ramp and dropped off their weapons and helmets at the storage compartments, and sitting down on the seats near the cockpit. The pilot made sure everything was secure, before pressing a button on a controller and shutting the large transporter doors, a loud clunk signalling they were locked.

"I'd buckle your seatbelts this time guys, things are getting pretty rough up there" He called, sitting down in his own seat and pressing a few buttons to start the engines up once more.

"How rough?" Rk asked, gulping.

"Well, we have enough trouble for me to need to ask for a fighter escort back into the Dominon" He shrugged.

After that there weren't many complaints from the squad, all of them buckling their belts and tightening them as far as they would go. A few seconds later the ship took off, once again sending snow flailing everywhere. The ship didn't accelerate, instead the pilot used the time until they broke the atmosphere and headed towards the Dominion to call for his backup. There were a few crackled responses that weren't audible to the squad, before he cursed and clicked off the radio angrily.

"What's the problem?" Kand called forward.

"They say they cant back us up with a flight, the best they can do is two fighters"

"Then you'll just have to fly fast" Kand responded.

"Easier said than done considering what's going on up there. You'll see what I mean soon enough"

With a flick of one of the controls, the ship accelerated to near it's top speed, allowing it to break the atmosphere, the blue of the fading out into a dark black. From the east the two fighters arrived, positioning themselves to either side of the shuttle and accelerating along with it. Pretty soon, the Dominion came into view, it's hulking structure currently engulfed in fighters. There were two more larger ships in the distance, that appeared to just be sitting there.

"What the hell are those things doing there?!" Helena shouted

"Lady, I have no clue, nor do I want to. Now I need to focus, so please, be quiet"

Helena simply growled and sat back in her seat, watching what was going on out of the view screen intensely. They saw the two fighters accelerate at either side of them, ready to act as a barrier and engage any of the enemy ships that got too close. They had gotten close enough to pick out individual fighters now, in particular the flight of four ships that had turned away from the assault and headed towards them.

"Four against two? This is bad" The pilot warned. "I'm taking evasive manoeuvres, hold onto your seats"

The ship banked to the left, sitting in the wake of the one fighter. He sat there for a while, before spiralling off further left, right out of the way of the fight. The view screen to the right was still able to witness the approaching dogfight, so most of the squad turned their attention to that. What they saw, they couldn't quite believe. The two escort fighters fired their weapons and managed to take down one of the ships, but the other three didn't react, and instead carried on heading straight at them. The two ships had to each barrel roll to avoid impact, before quickly turning on their axis to face the ships once more.

The enemy however never turned around again, instead they headed back towards the two larger ships. The squad looked forward again, and saw the rest of the enemy ships were doing the same.

"They're retreating!" Antos shouted

"Mhm" The pilot nodded again. "But dont you think that's odd? They had us outgunned quite badly, they could probably of taken us down. But they didn't, they just left"

"They were after something, or at least creating a diversion" Kand replied.

"You're guess is as good as mine, let's just get back inside, I dont feel safe with those two things looming over us"

The pilot thanked the two fighters over the radio, before turning back towards the Dominion's hangers.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet Novice

Pawn of Dragons

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  50
December 13, 2008 10:10:44 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
The Blackjacks had collectively nearly left the base.  Forgetting almost completely of actually killing all the mercs, they were simply cutting a path to the exit as fast as they possibly could.  Garryll was limping while coating the right side of the line with fire with his flamethrower.  Dinin ran on the left with his pistol flaring at every move that did not include a piece of Snow Trooper armor.  Tank and Saph were bringing up the lead cutting down anyone stupid enough to still be in their way while Tanus was at the back, mercs practically on his heels.

“We’re almost there!  Keep running!”

He wasn’t sure who said it, it could have been himself, but Dinin couldn’t be sure.  His body was wracked with the slow pain of exhaustion and his left arm ached from his hand to his elbow.  Everyone was in some form of disrepair and they needed to get out.

They came into a loading bay that looked oddly familiar, and realized that they had reached the final room on their way out.  The blast doors that had been ripped off were still lying on the ground and Dinin allowed himself a moment of happiness as he saw the snow filled landscape through the hanger door.  But then he noticed what was in front of that blessedly close escape.

Two lines of mercenaries, guns trained at them.

Stopping was not an option, the mercs behind them were still coming, and going forward was suicide.  Dinin resigned himself to his fate as his teammates ran towards death with their weapons up and their will’s set.

Then the earth shook.

There was no warning.  One moment Dinin was running towards certain doom, the next he was having troubles standing as the world around him became a blur of motion and fire and chaos.  He was acutely aware that the base itself was no longer stable, and that everybody was being effected, but he didn’t give pause to this.  He, and the rest of his squad, fought the intense urge to fall down that the mercs before them had succumbed to and pushed on.

They stampeded over the lines and through the main doors, followed by fire and destruction...but that didn’t stop a few of the troopers, Dinin included, from tossing a few grenades after them for good measure.  But they continued running.

They only stopped when the shaking became bearable and they turned to watch as the mountain base began to collapse on itself.  Dinin felt like cheering, but instead he just fell on his ass and waited for pickup.

They had another mission to attend to.
Black Jack Squad
Corporal Dinin Parker
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  413
December 14, 2008 10:13:10 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The BlackJacks had managed to, against all odds, escape death unscathed. That's not to say that the squad as individuals weren't hurting...

"God dammit!" cursed Gates, his leg burning as the painkillers wore off again.

The squad limped out of the base, the very buildings shaking ominously. And it is a very good idea to get out of a building if permacrete walls are shaking.

"What the hell is it, earthquake?" asked Dinin, looking back.

"Damned if I know. Must be pretty stupid to set your base up on a fault plate."

"Maybe they did it because the lower levels were all carved out that way."

"I don't care, there's the dropship."

A trio of dropships rested on the hard-packed snow; a couple dozen men were crouched in the snow in blurry white outlines.

Fortunately, the Stormtroopers weren't the only forces on this hell hole.

Gates grasped his rifle, checked his flamer and other weapons. He only had a few clips left  for his DC, a scant two seconds' continuous fire for his flamer, but a few grenades, his knife, and a dozen clips for his pistol.

He sighted the soldiers near the dropships; they had a small Imperial Insignia, and fortunately, as pathetic as his HUD was, it was designed to cut through snow and affirmitively tagged the soldiers as friendlies. The tech they had dragged along was white with cold and was bleeding out of his arm.

A few random shots came from behind them, the mercs' last attempts to stop the escaping soldiers. Tanus fired off orders quickly.

"Anyone who's hit, fall back. Anyone who's not, stand to and repel the mercenaries."

Gates and Tank supported the tech, who looked very close to death.

The other stormtroopers turned and fired at the mercenaries.

The two men managed to get back to the dropship in under a minute, dropping off the tech inside one of the dropships that was designated the medical, where a trio of overworked medics fixed up soldiers.

Gates stuck another painkiller into his thigh, looked at the syringe, and cursed.

"What," asked Tank.

"I've exceeded the maximum dosage by about, five times. I should probably be in a coma by now."

"Oh, that's bad."

"Yeah, it is, especially out of combat." Gates limped over to the medics, who diagnosed him in seconds, handing him another syringe. "Dammit, not more needles."

"You need to get the drugs out of your system, and this will neutrialize a good amount of it. Hopefully, it will also keep you conscious, but its going to hurt like hell."

"Whatever, as long as I can stay awake."

The ASL stuck the needle into a vein, pushed its contents in. In seconds, his leg and stomach throbbed, then burned.

He looked at Tank, "He was right, it does hurt like hell."
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  285
December 14, 2008 2:56:08 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun woke from his sleep and yawned. I've never slept so soundly in my life. Zeshaun thought. He checked his clock and saw that although he had had a nice nap he hadn't slept for very long.

He picked up his comlink and called out to some of his squad mates. He was only replied by blaster fire and shouts and cries of celebration. They must of found what I couldn't Zeshaun thought rubbing his face. He got up to stretch and went over to the bathroom. He splashed his face with some water and then went to grab his guns.

He started his wandering again and he walked around for 10 minutes before he put his ego aside and asked a navy crewmen to lead him to the firing range.

Zeshaun got the same asnwer as before, there was no firing range on board. No matter how long he argued the crewman still stuck to his story. I swear I heard the sound of blaster rifle's. Zeshaun thought frustrated.

Zeshaun walked around until he came upon a door that had a label. Well that's the first label I've seen in this whole ship. HE opened the door labeled Weapon room He walked in to find a large rack of weapons sitting in the room along with an assortment of swords, knives, and heavy weapons. One specific weapon caught his eye, it was a light assault rifle, equiped with a single shot shotgun. My two favorite weapons, in one. Zeshaun thought with a smile. He picked it up and slung it over his shoulder.

I wish I was with Lucky right now, learning all the plans. Zeshaun thought taking a look down the sights That's enough of that Zeshaun looked down at the rifle in his hands I hope they don't mind me taking this, I guess I'll just leave a few credits behind. Zeshaun walked over to the gun rack and took out his wallet. He placed a decent amount of credits on the rack and then left the range with the rifle over his shoulder.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 14, 2008 8:12:33 PM)]
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet Novice

Pawn of Dragons

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  51
December 14, 2008 4:05:35 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
They must be well paid....that has to be it.  That’s the only explanation that Dinin could come up with as to why the mercs were still chasing them into the snow-packed landscape, towards additional squads of snow-troopers.  Either that or they really wanted to die.  Might as well give them what they want, he thought as Tanus, Saph, and himself turned and picked off the few remaining mercs that hadn’t learned their lesson.

That finished, Dinin made his way to the dropships and called a medic.  They looked over his hand quickly before giving him a shot of painkillers and packing it full of bacta tape and wrapping thoroughly before admonishing him about getting shot.  Because he obviously did it on purpose.

Dinin let the patronizing slide...he just wanted to sit down and rest.  He made his way to the dropship that was assigned to the Black Jacks and settled himself in one of the seats, strapping himself in and stowing his helmet under his seat.  His long black hair, usually tied up for missions had fallen at some point and laid, disheveled over his shoulders.

He quietly put his head back and fell into the deep sleep that only exhaustion can bring.  He woke with a start just as the dropship began its ascent with the rest of his squad.

Dinin wanted to feel that they had done their mission well, he really did, but he had troubles feeling like they had succeeded when the atmosphere of the pilots told him that there was still so much to be done.
Black Jack Squad
Corporal Dinin Parker
Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  119
Total Posts:  206
December 14, 2008 4:20:51 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
As the shuttle containing all of RAIDERS Squad moved upwards towards the Dominion, half the squad began to take off their Snow Trooper helmets. The smell of sweat and body odor reeked the entire cabin. The shuttle began to tear through the atmosphere, gaining more and more speed, suddenly a crack from their ear coms was heard and the pilot's voice came into their ears.

"Brace, brace, brace! Breaking atmosphere." The ship flew through the atmosphere, the ship shaking as it did so. "Pilot to the Dominion, we are landing in Hangar bay B3. Over and out." The pilot replied a few more codes back to the Dominion and suddenly the sound of the landing gear was heard. And looking out a window, Gaz saw the shuttle land in a gleaming, close to blinding white hangar. "See you all in hell." The pilot cut out the coms and then pressed a button that was most likely in the pilot seat, the boarding ramp then descended down.

"Thanks for the assist, RAIDERS out." Sniping101 jumped out of the ship and into the Dominion's hangar. Gaz followed Virius and Dante out, behind them were the rest of RAIDERS, Famus and a few others. Suddenly the boarding ramp lifted up and the shuttle left, most likely going to pick up other members of the Vast Empire Army. "RAIDERS, re-stock, go to the range, clean up, do anything you need to. Prepare to meet up on a minute notice."

"Copy that, sir." Gaz put his helmet under his shoulder. He then slid his M82-G over his other shoulder, strapping it onto his neck and opposite shoulder.

-- -- -- --

Gaz was still wearing his Snow Trooper armor, but this time he was at the weapons range. Firing a few rounds off, casings hit the ground every 2.34 seconds. Privates, Corporals, Sergeants, and even a Lieutenant were at the firing range as well.

"Meet up, simulation starting in 3 minutes." The only Lieutenant in the room screamed, it seemed as though they were going to use rubber bullets/stun against each other. Free for all. At least that is what the bulletin board read. Moving over, he salvoed up on four clips of rubber bullets for his M82-G and then got out of his snowtrooper armor and put on some combat vests. Two minutes later Gaz was in the simulation room and with Privates Griffen and Walcroft, Corporal Jameson, and Sergeant First Class Ulga. The other team was weighted with fodder and heavy weapons. The lieutenant let out a shot. "Start!"

All the men moved around the simulation room, Gaz turned a corner and suddenly pelted a private with rubber bullets. Two more Privates turned the corner, just as Walcroft and Griffen turned towards Gaz, Gaz ducked and the two privates (Walcroft and Griffen) fired towards the "enemy". Walcroft was nailed between the eyes while Griffen was able to "Kill" the rest of them.

"Get up, covering fire!" Griffen screamed, firing his weapon again at another Private that turned the corner.
Andar "Gaz" Bacardi

TRP/CPL Andar Bacardi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[EW1][SRP][BM][RoM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1776
December 14, 2008 4:58:41 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante felt a bullet ping off his right arm and swore under his breath as the offender fired again, catching him in the chest. Bringing his own gun up, the Sergeant First Class emptied the clip into the offender. He dropped, momentarily stunned. Dante ducked, managing to avoid a spray of bullets from Gaz. He returned fire, but the wily Corporal had thrown himself to the ground and avoided the burst. Firing from his position of the ground, the RAIDER managed to catch Dante in the helmet. Slightly dizzy from the impact, the trooper dropped his practice sidearm in disgust. Andar smiled and got up...only to find himself staring down the barrel of a training rifle held by the Lieutenant.

"Bang." the officer said calmly, then smiled. "Nice work, everyone. Gaz, Dante, you need to be more aware of your surroundings. Reliance on your suits' systems might work for most missions, but you'll be in a world of hurt if ,Force forbid, you're working outside the cans or if their sensors fail. Equipment breaks; your body won't. Walcroft, your marksmanship need improvement. I've seen better aim from Gungans. Other than that, good job. Dismissed!"

The various troopers filed out, replacing the training weapons on racks located outside next to the doorseal. His chest and forehead still aching from hits, Dante walked side by side with Gaz for several corridors, then took a left, heading for a different destination from the other RAIDER. Glancing at a map of the Dominion displayed on his datapad, the Sergeant First Class jogged through the hallways towards the nearest armoury. The occasional darkened stretch of corridor and the flashing emergency lights served as reminders that the Dominion was still technically engaged with the enemy.

Despite the occasional explosion beyond the viewport and the shuddering from turbolasers recoiling meters away, Dante felt there was no real danger. The Dominion was more than a match for most ships of its class, and Captain Elith was competent enough. Whistling a Mandalorian war chant to himself, the trooper made his way to the armoury.

OOC:
Cursed, I though that RAIDERS was currently a four or five man squad, and that Famus and the others were gone...
Read the bloody manual!
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 14, 2008 5:12:41 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 14, 2008 5:14:25 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  221
Total Posts:  304
December 14, 2008 5:06:42 PM    View the profile of Jori 
The firefight was slowly sapping away the strength of the already tired Jesters.

"I'm not sure I can keep this up much longer. I'm about to run out of ammo in my clip and I don't know how many more clips I have." Jori said frustratingly.

"Just keep shooting. We'll drive them back before long. Just hold out a little while longer." Jeg said in response.

How much longer is this going to take? Something has to be done or we aren't going to be able to make it...

The firefight was in its seventh minute before Jori realized that Wicket, who was kneeling beside him, had a concussion grenade strapped to his belt. Grabbing it, he armed them and chucked them at the troopers who, thinking they were thermal detonators, flew back into their transport. They were on the ramp when it detonated, pushing them into a heap at the top of the ramp, allowing Jester to advance almost completely to the transport itself. While Jester was making their way to the ship, the troopers were untangling themselves. The troopers managed to make it to their feet right when Jester reached the ship. Quickly reacting, three of the trooper leaned out of the doorway and started shooting, forcing the Jesters to dive to the sides of the ramp. Jori ran around the ramp to the side of the ship and trained his submachine gun on the highest part of the ramp that he could see. He squeezed off a shot when he saw a boot come down and was rewarded with a scream and a thud as the trooper fell down the ramp, clutching his foot. Aeos quickly burned a couple shots into his midsection and ended the screams permanently. The next trooper had saw what happened and was a lot more careful. Jori guessed he had taken a spare boot and placed it there, for when Jori let off a shot, the boot just flipped to the other side of the ramp and slid down a few feet.

They learn quickly. We have to try and trick them into coming down the ramp or else we’re never going to kill them. Hmmm…

Jori looked up at the side of the ship and noticed slight grooves running to the top. Swinging the submachine gun around on his back, he jumped up on the side of the ship and clung to the grooves, climbing up. Gio quickly followed suit, with Jager bringing up the rear. Walking over to the part of the ship where the cockpit would most likely be, Jori got down on his stomach and wriggled over to the side, stopping when he reached the viewport. Slowly, he stuck his head over the side to see three of the trooper sitting in the chairs talking on a comlink.

Taking out his comlink, Jori opened a channel to Angel, “Three hostiles in cockpit. No visual of the other two.”

Angel clicked an affirmative and Jori slipped the comlink back into his pocket. Crawling backward, he tried not to make any noise as to not alert the wary troopers below. Standing up, he tiptoed back to the edge of the ship and sat down with his submachine gun trained on the ramp below him to wait for further orders.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1777
December 14, 2008 5:35:59 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Corporal Drax Honin looked up as the blast doors leading into the armoury slid apart. A figure in the standard black stormtrooper bodysuit strode in confidently, walking up to the counter and rapping on it with its gloved right hand.

"Yes?"

"I need... six power cells for a zee-six and a replacement right chest piece for a suit of snowtrooper armour. Oh, and grenades."

"How many?"

The figure paused, looking around the shelves.

"A dozen."

"A dozen?" he gasped.

The trooper nodded amiably, the mad glint in its eyes barely visible.

"Yep."

Honin shrugged and walked into the back, hefting the explosives in a canvas bag. He dropped it onto the counter, and the trooper picked it up with one hand. Swinging it at his side with a disturbing lack of caution, the Sergeant walked back out. Shaking his head, the Corporal picked up his holozine and reopened the page he was at before the trooper came in.

====

Dante pushed the activation button on the holopanel and threw the bag in before the doorseal had fully opened. It landed on his bunk with a loud rattle as its contents banged against each other. Gaz looked up, registering Dante's presence with a slight shrug. The other four RAIDERS were either lying on bunks or stripping down weapons. Sniping101 was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's our exalted leader?" Dante ironically asked. His lack of confidence in their squad leader was well known.

Gaz stared for a second, then grinned.

"Not sure. Word of mouth is that all the SL's are in a briefing right now."

Dante shrugged, and sank onto his bunk with a dramatic flourish. Reaching for the satchel he'd thrown onto the bunk a moment earlier, he began to pull out the grenades and pile them up on the other side.

I love this job...
Read the bloody manual!
Click here!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 14, 2008 6:10:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited December 14, 2008 6:11:09 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

Post Number:  1551
Total Posts:  2089
December 14, 2008 6:57:42 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The majority of the squad had hit the ranges, truth be told after shooting at real targets Rogue seldom felt the need to hit dummies. The cantina was closed as it always was during mission times but Rogue had stowed a bottle away underneath his bunk.

Walking towards the designated Raiders barracks Rogue passed by another Raider trooper, the greenie, RB paused as he tried to think about his name; Gaz. The platoon sergeant nodded towards the other trooper who kept his distance and walked by a little too quickly for RB’s liking. Shrugging his shoulders RB headed towards the room until a scent assailed his nose. “Gaz!” Rogue yelled out the trooper’s name.

Staring at Rogue was a half empty bottle of rum, the saviour to Rogue’s day was mostly empty, hell it wasn’t even half full more like only a quarter left. RB needed at least half a bottle if he wanted to really enjoy himself. Worst part about the whole situation Rogue was unable to make a sting about it as he wasn’t supposed to have the booze in the first place. However he was going to get Gaz back, no matter what it took he was going to get that thieving little bastard back.

“So what do you need all this equipment for?” Asked the sergeant as he gave Rogue some forms to fill out.

“I need to repair some...weapons.” Rogue responded as he added is signature at the line on the flimsiplast.

Rogue was looking for Gaz, without a doubt that little usurper would pass out somewhere most likely the barracks as it would not be considered out of place for a trooper to be taking a nap there. Sure enough Rogue found the sleeping form of the Raiders’ newest member, asleep on his stomach sans shirt.

RB chuckled evilly, he could be near on rough and the trooper wouldn’t even stir.

Gaz woke up from his comatose state, but something didn’t feel right for starters there was something covering him, a blanket perhaps. Gaz tried to throw it off of him but a piercing pain quickly followed it. Gaz was unprepared for it and rolled off is bed and fell in a heap. The new trooper quickly realized what was going on, someone had glued the blanket onto him and from the smell of it, it wasn’t a weak glue either.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP]

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:18:13 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 60  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >