Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  308
Total Posts:  896
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
December 22, 2008 4:17:55 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was awed by the large computer system that had been hidden behind the wall. Unfortunately the 3 mysterious figures took away from it all. It's gotta be Frozt. Zeshaun thought gripping his rifle tighter. Lucky motioned to quietly advance on the figures with weapons raised. When they all had accurate shots lined up on them Lucky spoke out.

"Freeze....Don't move, put your hands up." She ordered.

The 3 figures turned and revealed the faces of 2 men and a women. They seemed very confused. Zeshaun examined them closely and almost laughed when he noticed the STC symbol on their uniforms. Lucky motioned for everyone to put their weapons down. Alan and Lucky had a short conversation with the 3 personnel and in a few minutes reported back to the squad.

Apparently the 3 people were trying to find anything out about the virus that was planted into their systems, and they were pretty close to finding their answers. They discussed what to do and figured it wouldn't hurt to find out the verdict. Alan and Lucky both watched intently over the workers shoulders as they typed away on their keyboards. Everyone in the squad had removed their helmets, they figured they were not in any immediate danger and they appreciated the fresh air. Zeshaun sat waiting, getting slightly impatient.

After a couple of very long minutes they stepped away from the screen with an astonished look on their faces. The 3 computer workers turned to explain what they had found on their computers.

Frozt had implanted the virus in the central computer system, which was connected to almost every single computer in the base. The virus is what is known as a passive virus, which is what made it so hard to find. It only attacks when a computer terminal is turned on. It reacts to the signal sent to the central computer systems. The virus would then go to the computer itself and ravage it's hard drive for any files that were filed as classified information. The only indication that the user would have was that the computer would shut itself down.

"Where's all the information sent to?" Zeshaun blurted. It can't just store stuff in the central computer, that would be pointless

The leader of the 3 people  gave him an annoyed look. Zeshaun drew back slightly getting a little defensive.

"I was just getting to that." The man said turning back to the group.

He explained that the information was then sent back to a secret folder created in the central computer. Frozt somehow managed to get the codes to make his folder seen only by the platoon commanders. The virus was to eliminate itself once it had made it's way to every single computer on base. Luckily they had found out about it before it got out of hand. The mechanic had a grim look on his face. He explained that unfortunately most of the squad leaders, generals and platoon commanders had turned on their computers before the virus was noticed.

"What does that mean?" Alan queried, "How much damage has been done."

The slicer looked back down at his computer. "Well, all the layouts and blueprints of every layer of the base has been taken, along with some outlines for missions and codes to various areas."

Alan let out a long whistle. This was bad. If those get into the wrong hands we are done for. Zeshaun thought shaking his head in disbelief.

"All hope isn't lost." the slicer said. "The information that was collected is sent to Frozt's personnel computer. As long as he hasn't sent the info elsewhere, and we catch him we'll be fine.

Lucky let out a relieved sigh. Well I hope the other squads are getting that done. Zeshaun thought. He put his helmet back on and checked to make sure his rifle was loaded. Lucky thanked the slicers for all the important information. Lucky ordered everyone to move out and return to their transport. Zeshaun immediately called driving and ran down the halls to prove that his leg was much better.

When they arrived at the front doors a crowd of civilians had formed around their transport. What the hell... Zeshaun thought.

"They don't look to happy to see us." Nick said.

"Let's go see what their problem is." Lucky said walking through the door.

As soon as the squad had emerged from the door a stray bolt flew by Alan and almost hit Novacaine. Whoa. Zeshaun thought. That caught him slightly off guard. The crowd seemed to be angry about not being protected enough and letting Frozt run around the city causing havoc. Lucky tried to reason with them but they wouldn't listen. Just then a message came in over their commlink.

The message said that their were mercenaries possibly threatening on the edge of the city. I thought there were only 20 mercenaries here. Zeshaun thought. He then looked back out toward the crowd.

"Looks like we're going to have to get through them to fight those mercs." Requiem said, slightly on edge.

Lucky sighed, and ordered everyone back inside the building. They needed to find a good way to get through the crowd without injuring any of them.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 23, 2008 3:24:05 PM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  43
Total Posts:  75
December 23, 2008 11:33:02 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem looked at the large crowd piling around their transport and blocking their way out. He watched as a stray bolt flew past Zeshaun and almost hit Novacaine. He frowned as the large mob started to grasp on the sides of the transport, they than slowly rocked it back and forth as the transport than rolled onto its side and dirt and dust flew from is normal place.

Okay, we don't have any transportation. . .we have a hostile mob in our way and we need to find a way around it Requiem watched as the mob turned back away from the overturned vehicle and glanced to the squad. They than began to yell and start chanting as they than showed their large miscellaneous item's in their hand's and waved them back in forth as if they were highly dangerous.

Nick slowly shifted his head but made sure it was looking directly at the angry crowd. " Anyone got any idea's ?? " The crowd began to get restless and started to move forward.

" I do. . ." Zeshaun said and raised his hand as if he were back in class.

" Speak fast. . . "Lucky said over the ComLink slowly facing her weapon down into the crowd as she than reached with her fore finger and changed her weapon's settings to down to 50% as to make sure they weren't hurt. The crowd saw her do this as they than stopped but began to step closer but at a softer pace.

" Well. . . we could use a diversion " Zeshaun blurted out eager to get his plan in action.

" Okay. . .what's the diversion? " Alan said aloud as he than slowly stepped backward as the crowd started into a run.

Zeshaun looked around his person and brought out a Merr-Sonn C-14 stun grenade and than activated it. He than threw it into the crowd as it exploded, luckily the crowd wasn't that large and its widened mass was in the weapon's radius. " Run ! "

Requiem watched as the squad than jumped from their places and than ran around the large dispatched group as they eye's were dazed and closed and they seemed unresponsive. a little bit harsh. . .but it works He watched as the squad ran down the path and than stepped onto the side walk, the squad was almost standing in formation and than looked down through the cities downtown.

" Okay let's Get to the city Limit's " Lucky said as she than reloaded her weapon and changed the setting back to 100%.

Requiem followed suit and than reloaded his G-pack,Lucky ran forward eager to get to their destination, the rest of the squad followed after . " This is going to take to long. . . " Zeshaun said as he ran with them to the edge of the city.

" Well our transport is overturned right now and it's bombarded by angry city folk. . .do you really want to go get that back ? " Alan said this with a sarcastic tone as they rounded a corner into a 2-ended alley.

" Fine " Zeshaun said as he and the rest of the squad ran through the vandalized alley.

Requiem watched as they rounded the corner to see a large Self-Propelled Medium Artillery (SPMA) vehicle walking along as spark's flew from its sides. that's pretty lucky , Requiem watched as he than ran to the vehicle, his squad raised their voices in protest and than lowered them wondering what he was doing. They watched as the vehicle stopped and soon 4 bodies flew out of the broken vehicle. The squad ran up to the vehicle and climbed in as Requiem stood at the control's.

" Who were those guy's ? "Lucky said as she looked back to the 4 bodies that were increasingly being moved from their sight.

" They were the user's of this vehicle while they were fighting back against the mercenaries. Seems the forces at the edge of city were pretty good since this is hunk of junk is pretty torn up. Even though that was the bad news the good new's is that the weapon's on this thing are fine. " Requiem tapped the large vehicle and than swiped his finger's on it as he than raised it to his face and rubbed his fingers together.

Requiem stood as Lucky and Alan took his place and than the rest of the squad moved to the back of the ship and sat down scrounging for ammo to take care of the mercenaries at the edge of the city. Requiem smiled as he found a small pack of grenades, they were already bundled and ready to be used on a whim. Requiem placed them on his side and than stood up. He told the squad of his find and watched as they went to his current spot. I really hope I don't have to use these that much.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  421
Total Posts:  535
December 23, 2008 12:46:36 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
"What was that?"

"Don't be so jumpy Orobos, it was nothing,"

"I saw something fly in there," the large stormtrooper said pointing into a doorway.

"Are you sure,"

"Well... yea, no I'm positive I saw something,"

"Alright let's," Tanus began before the thing leapt out past them knocking Orobos and verkur to the ground,

"Crap, Fire on it!"

The squad opened fire lasers flying in all directions as the alien jumped from one side of the street to another jumping over obstacles and skillfully avoiding the only edge the Stormtroopers possessed at the moment over the creature. The squad shot down at the cover the creature had leapt behind the small wall slowing crumbling before someone had the sense to chuck a grenade.

The grenade flew over the wall. almost immediately it flew up 4 meters into the air and then the thing darted out again as the frag exploded sending fragments of the grenades shell in every direction, shattering windows and denting the armour of the troopers.

"We can't keep this up!"

"I'm down to my last clip here,"

"We just have to find our target. Let's try and get away from this thing,"

Orobos hurriedly followed the rest of his squad back towards a building they could hide in and use as a n alternate escape route. Pulling his rifle over his shoulder he took out his pistol thinking he'd save the precious rifle ammunition for when he really needed it.

"Why don't we have air support?! We're on our home base running out of ammo and absolutely no support in sight?!"

"I don't know, just keep running!"

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  426
Total Posts:  2159
December 23, 2008 1:17:55 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates led half of the BlackJack squad around the area, hunting, or being hunted, by their prey.

Tanus' voice came over the comm- "Gates, we found one of those SOB's, come to our position, hopefully we can trap this bastard."

"Copy that, boss," Gates replied, checking his ammo. "Team- on me!"

Tank, BARman, and Dinin followed Gates. They ran off, even though they were dead tired. Gates led from the front, heading towards the location designated 'Leader' on his HUD.

He turned around a corner, and smashed right into the alien. Suprise registered on the alien's face, or that's at least what Gates thought it was. Gates yelled- "Contact!"

His rifle came up; fired once, point-blank. The thing's reflexes were good enough to only be burned by it, rather than taking the entire round.

Gates pulled the trigger again - *click*

"Oh shi-"

The alien's punch took him in the solar plexus, knocking him back a couple feet. Garryll reached for his belt, pulling his vibroknuckler and combat knife out.

The alien stepped forward in a blur, smashing the six-foot soldier right under the helmet. The iconic, intimidating mask flew off Gates' head, bouncing twice, landing in a pool of blood next to a SWAT officer whose neck was twisted almost 200 degrees from normal.

Gates stumbled, then returned with a slash from his knife and a punch that was aimed at the creature's upper torso.

The knife scratched only a split second before the alien batted it away, leaving a long, thin gash; the knuckler managed to actually reach its target, punching four holes where the blades are, drawing blood.

The alien deftly swivled the stormtrooper's hand, spinning the blade out of it, grabbing it in midair, and slashing across his face. It cut his lip open, across his nose, and nearly poked him in the eye.

Another lunge for his face- but Gates grabbed the wrists of the alien, preventing it from cutting him. It instantly adjusted, trying a different tactic, changing hands and slashing his arms, trying to cut through the toughened layer that formed his gloves and finger guards.The blade dug into the mesh, drawing blood.

But Gates held on, and now he had the advantage of height. He lifted the alien right off it feet by its hand, then smashed it into a wall, head first.

It went limp for a single second, and Gates threw it; "Fire!" he spat out of a bleeding nose and lip.

BARman, Tank, and Dinin, finally open, fired. A trio of shots caught it in the arm, burning right through, but it still managed to escape into a nearby building.

"Hold!" Gates ordered, wiping the blood off his face. He checked his belt, discovered he had no '15 ammo left, and walked over to pick up his helmet. He shook it, and a few drops of blood dripped off. The SWAT officer was clutching a A-280, so Gates relieved him of it, and stripped some ammo off the dead man.

"Hey BlackJack, you can come out now, I scared it away," Gates said over the comm to Tanus' fireteam.
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  310
December 23, 2008 3:52:22 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun stared in horror as the others climbed into the hunk of metal that loosely resembled a SPMA. I think it might be faster to walk, a couple large sets of sparks splurted from it's side It may be safer too. Zeshaun though reluctantly getting into the vehicle. Alan was trying to get the thing working but he seemed to be having a hard time. This brought Zeshaun's mood back up a bit, it meant he would get to drive. At least it's a walker, my specialty. Zeshaun thought smiling under his helmet.

"Mind if I step in?" Zeshaun asked, mockingly.

Alan mumbled something and moved to the passenger seat crossing his arms. Zeshaun quickly started up the engine, luckily all the steering and actions were standard to a walker. Zeshaun went through all the logistics and the productivity of all the parts and found some very bad things. Zeshaun turned in his seat and addressed the squad.

"It seems we have absolutely no shields." Zeshaun said wearily.

Further more, all the legs were only working at 75% efficiency and the maximum speed they could go at was about 15 mph. Since the shields were down about 3 good hits from a rocket launcher would end all their lives in a violent explosion. Zeshaun turned back toward he controls and started up the engine. He twisted the steering wheel and turned the SPMA around slowly. Lucky came up to him from the back. She asked whether he could fix any of the problems that they were encountering.

"Afraid not, I was supposed to learn that this week in class, but here I am." Zeshaun said.

Lucky sighed, thanked him and then went back to her seat. Although the SPMA was hardly safer than a metal box the weapons on it were still functioning close to 80% and they would be able to deal a lot of damage before they went down. As they creaked down the street, he could see some people looking out from their windows and looking over their balcony's, some with glaring eyes, filled with hatred, and others with a sense of awe. Well this is just really messed up, never had so many of my own people mad at me before. Zeshaun thought shivering at the thought of having to quell a riot.

"Take a turn up here." Alan's voice brought Zeshaun back.

He nodded and turned. They were at the edge of the city and Zeshaun could see the edge of the forrest. Let's see fit his works. Zeshaun thought, pressing an assortment of buttons. A scanner came up and it started to blip. As they got closer to the woods a couple faint beeps started to show up at the edge of his sceen. Zeshaun pointed them out to Alan and they decided that they were probably the mercenaries. Zeshaun picked up the comm to the vehicle and changed his voice to mock Rizzit.

"This is your commander speaking." He heard a chorus of groans "We have spotted some mercenaries up ahead, please be on the look out."

Zeshaun put the comm down laughing at his own little joke. He looked back out of the front window and he thought he saw a glint coming from a tree but assumed it was his imagination. Suddenly a huge flame came soaring at the vehicle, coming straight for the cockpit. Zeshaun quickly turned the thing as fast as it could go and the rocket ended up hitting the side of the vehicle. That was close Zeshaun thought, breaking a sweat.

Lucky came up to the cockpit, and asked what was going on. Zeshaun explained that they were probably just hit by a rocket. Lucky glared at him.

"What do you mean 'just a rocket'?" Lucky said.

Zeshaun shrugged, and said he would work on not being hit. Lucky shook her head and went back once again to her seat. Zeshaun pulled up the targetting system for the turbo lasers. Let's see how they like this. Zeshaun thought unleashing a deadly volley into the edge of the woods, taking out a whole row of trees and setting many of them on fire.

Alan patted Zeshaun on the shoulder and told him that he was going to get out of the vehicle to see what they were up against. Zeshaun nodded and let loose another deafening volley. He heard the doors in the back open the rest of the squad shuffle out. He then saw them running toward the woods, fanned out with their rifles ready. Let's see if I can get one more volley in. Zeshaun thought aiming carefully so that he wouldn't hit any of the paladin's. The bolts flew over the squads head and erupted in another brilliant explosion.

"That was close Zesh." Alan's voice came in a little agitated.

Zeshaun smiled. He started to turn the vehicle back around so he could go the other way when he saw two familiar fireball's coming his direction. Sithspit. Zeshaun thought quickly unbuckling himself and running toward the back door. He jumped out as the rockets hit the vehicle and exploded. Pieces of metal landed near Zeshaun as he lay on the ground covering his head.

"Zesh, you still their?" Lucky asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm alive." Zeshaun said, brushing himself off.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  787
Total Posts:  2175
December 23, 2008 6:47:58 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
To say Jegora was exhausted would have been an understatement of the worst caliber. He was past the point of exhaustion, kept moving only through the sheer hate he felt for those that had invaded his home. It was barely enough to keep him moving, one foot in front of the other. He wasn’t alone.

Jester Squad was running in single file line adjacent to BlackJack Squad, which was doing the same. They attempted to run, but in fact it was more of a trot. No one had enough energy to run.

One of the BlackJack troopers (Jegora didn’t know his name), was the exception to the exhaustion that had overcome the Stormtroopers. He kept chattering away, commenting on the carnage the troopers witnessed as they made their way through the streets. That was how they were tracking the blue-skinned aliens: by the bodies they left behind. So far the trio of hostiles (the two aliens and the slicer himself) had so far managed to stay out of sight. Jegora feared that the stormtroopers just didn’t have enough gas left to catch them.

The streets of the city were empty, the buildings silent. It was eerily calm as the two squads tried their best to close in on their prey. It was so empty, so silent, that sounds echoed, reverberating off the buildings until they seemed to come from all directions.

It was this echo that served as the Jester’s and BlackJack’s first warning. It started out faint at first, but grew progressively louder. As one the troopers slowed, looking around and trying to determine where the heavy footsteps were coming from. They had no idea if the cause of the disturbance was friendly or not, and if the squads didn’t figure out where the unidentified troopers were going to pop out they might very well get caught in an ambush.

Even as the stormtroopers came to a halt a squad of nine regular Vast Empire Army troopers, in their patented brown combat armor, burst out in front of them from a side street. It startled the Jesters and BlackJacks so much that many of them raised weapons.

Angel was the first to assess the situation. “Stand down,” he said, this time transmitting aloud for the benefit of the regular Army troopers. “Looks like we have some friendlies.”

Slowly lowering his M66-SD, which he had reflexively shouldered and sighted, Jegora let out a sigh of relief. Facing down these strange aliens was bad enough; he really didn’t want to participate in a point blank firefight either.

None-the-less, Jegora was still wary. About the same time the echoes had started a bad feeling had started to creep his spine, a cold itch he couldn’t quite reach. It was steadily increasing, and moving up, until the back of his neck was tingling with anticipation. Something bad was about to happen, and Jegora knew that the longer it took the worse it was going to be.

His extreme unease must have been noticeable, because Aeos, who was walking beside him, commented on it.

“What’s wrong?” the ASL of Jester asked, curiosity and a hint of worry in her voice.

Shaking his head, Jegora just grunted. He had no words for what he was feeling, and even if he did he didn’t know what his feelings meant. They could be nothing, a figment of his imagination, but Jegora knew better than that. He had been a trooper for too long and had been saved by his instincts too many times to simply disregard them.

So as the three squads (the regular army troopers had decided to come along) he kept an even more careful watch, his eyes constantly moving, switching through vision filters on his helmet. The latter wasn’t much use as the helmets were such low-strength detectors they failed to pick up anything outside fifteen meters, and nothing through other objects. Still, he continued his cycle, because it was about the only thing he could do.

Five minutes of trotting passed, and Jegora’s guard was slipping. The feeling was still there, stronger than ever, but the exercise and his own exhaustion caused him to focus less on his environment and more on simply putting one foot in front of the other. Then, all of a sudden, the cold itch on his spine spiked, and Jegora reflexively ducked.

He was just in time. The three squads were now moving in a three-lined formation, the regular Army squad in-between the Jester and BlackJack troopers. As Jegora watched from where he lay on the ground a streak of dark grayish/blue soared past and hit the trooper that had been standing next to him, instantly tearing out his through in a blur of motion no one could see. With that the form continued on, slashing out with a pair of long knives. The stormtroopers were too quick, however, and managed to avoid the worst of the cutting before the increasingly heavy blaster fire caused the figure to flee.

Kneeling down next to the downed trooper, Jegora checked for vitals and then shook his head.

Off to one side, Jager spoke up. “Well,” he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “this is good.”
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  45
December 24, 2008 11:45:02 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem shook his head as he heard the numerous rants from Zeshaun that the vehicle needed to undergo immediate repairs but none of them had the right tools to do any of it. Hr sat in the cock pit at the left of Alan and surveyed Zeshaun's progress on his right. Well Requiem slowly lowered himself to the vision of the window and looked out to see if anything was coming head-on Were going to have something to do soon Requiem slowly patted the vehicle beside the control's and aloud Screech was heard from under the metal. Requiem lifted his hand up in haste and than holding it cautiously while looking around his person ready for something to jump out at him.

" Calm down. . ." Nick said as he walked over to Requiem as he than patted his shoulder relaxingly.

" Yea, yea I know but this hunk of junk is still screaming 'Danger' " Requiem replied as he than left the cockpit and walked into the hull of the vehicle.

Requiem heard a loud yell as Lucky and the rest of the squad ran towards the cockpit to leave Requiem sitting down sighing ready to do the next objective on their list.

" Requiem. . .get up " Requiem heard Lucky's voice and than hustled to stand up in a sort of saluting position.

Alan walked into his range of sight as he than began to bundle up his weapon's resting on his chair. " Were going outside, get ready. . . " Alan began to speak without turning around, but Requiem knew he was eager to get out of the vehicle by the tone in his voice.

Requiem jumped up from his spot and than readied his weapon's as he placed them over his shoulder and on important section's of his body for easy access. he than placed his high number and assortments of knives down his leg's. Requiem lifted his head as Lucky asked if they were ready. The large hull opened up and they piled out as they than walked towards a large forest with a large number of the tree's burned to a crisp. Requiem slowly stopped in his track's as he heard an explosion, Zeshaun than appeared behind them slightly covered in vehicle remains and ash.

They held back remarks and than steeped into he evergreen of the forest, heavy fire than began to bore through the trunks of tree's as each member took cover behind a specific tree. Requiem peeked out between bursts and saw that their were under 5, he suspected them to be directly from the Edge of the city because the squad was so close to it. Requiem than slowly reached to his leg cautiously and sent up one of his knives. He threw it behind him as he heard a low pitched yell that was cue as the squad moved in succession further into the crush as they reached a small valley where the tree's were crisped.

Requiem winced as he saw a small anti-armor rocket soar towards them homing in on their body signal thats not good Requiem ducked despite Lucky's yell and than ran forwards away from the Large rocket approaching. They were stationed on top of a large building harboring behind the 3 air-vent's which protected them well enough. Lucky stood behind a small bush in camouflage and signalled to the squad as she directed them to a steep like staircase climbing to the top of the building.

Requiem followed order's and climbed up and they reached the top in a few minutes. He watched as they than rounded the rooftop towards the mercenaries who were glancing over the area looking for them, Requiem smiled as the squad consecutively pushed the mercenaries over the rooftop since they leaned over and smiled. Requiem walked to the edge of the rooftop and looked over as he saw 30 mercenaries marching down the road towards them.

" Anyone got any mines planted over their ? " Nick said as he began to reach under his helmet and scratch his head.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  311
December 24, 2008 3:06:56 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun got up and brushed himself off, observing the havoc that he had caused. He quickly ran into forest trying to catch up to his squadmates. Looks like all the fightings over. Zeshaun though looking around at the couple of dead bodies on the ground. That's too bad. Zeshaun quickened his pace when he heard a couple of explosions. Zeshaun came to a broken down building and immediately spotted the gleam of a black stormtrooper helmet.

Zeshaun ran through the broken doors and up the stairs leading to the roof. He was reunited with his squad. He gave a nod of acknowledgment but was distracted by the sight of 30 mercenaries advancing on the building. Well, don't they look professional. Zeshaun thought observing the way they were marching in columns. They tried to hide themselves as best as they could behind the vents on the roof.

"Anyone got any 'nades?" Alan asked

Novacaine drew a grenade for each person and handed them out. Zeshaun fidgeted with the pin on his grenade nervously waiting for the mercenaries to get in range. When Lucky gave the command he lobbed the grenade. The grenades landed in an assormtent of spots, leaving the mercenaries nearly trapped, surrounded by grenades.NIec. Zeshaun thought.

To his disappointment the mercenaries handled the situation very well. No one panicked and they quickened their pace, simply running around the grenades in front of them. By the time the grenades exploded only the back rows were affected. Damn, they're good. Zeshaun thought taking cover once again behind the vent.

Zeshaun steadied his rifle on the vent and aimed down the sights. Zeshaun pulled the trigger and placed his shot through the knee of a mercenary in the front row. The mercenary fell to the ground grabbing his knee. The rest of the row tripped and fumbled over the body, leaving them open to Zeshaun. He managed to pick off a few more mercenaries before they reorganized themselves and started firing back.

When their bolts reached them it was like a wall of energy was hitting them. There was a non-stop barrage of bolts, leaving no opening for Zeshaun to fire back. He slumped over and covered his head, in case his cover suddenly gave way. Zeshaun felt the exhaustion of the come upon him as he sat waiting for the barrage to be over. He felt tired and his leg started to ache again. Not now. Zeshaun thought trying to shake the sleepiness from his body.

As suddenly as the barrage had started, it stopped. Zeshaun peeked over the edge of the vent to find that no mercenaries were standing in front of the building. That's weird... Zeshaun thought getting back behind cover. If they're not there, then they should be... Zeshaun's conclusion almost made his brain explode.

"Watch out!" He yelled just as the door leading to the lower floors burst open.

Alan, Nick, and Requiem all scurried to the other side of their cover, but gave up and moved farther back. The bolts started pouring out from the door frame.

"If anyone has anymore grenades, now would be a good time to use them." Lucky said, firing a few shots back.

Novacaine roared and he revealed a black and red grenade from his pouch. Novacaine pulled the pin and rolled it toward the door. It rolled right into the door way. Yes. Zeshaun thought pumping his fist. Suddenly a burst of flames came out of the door way causing Zeshaun to fall over in surprise. What kind of grenade was that. Zeshaun thought wide-eyed.

A few flaming bodies came running out screaming, Alan picked them off before they could cause any damage. The grenade seemded to have depleted their ranks but their was still blaster fire coming from within the door. Wait. Zeshuan scrutinized If they were coming up here, who was shooting at us the [u]whole time.[/i] Zeshaun wondered.

As if on cue, about 10 mercenaries climbed up over the other edge of the roof. Zeshaun quickly spun and shot one of them off the edge. Sithspawn, Zeshaun thought trying to dodge bolts from both sides. The squad was caught between the two groups, pinned down almost unable to return a shot. It seemed whenever one group wasn't shooting the other group was.

Zeshaun rolled out from his spot to another as the mercenaries started to concentrate on his spot. Cosmic said there were only 20 mercenaries. Zeshaun thought shaking his head. Only 20 mercenaries my ass. Zeshaun reloaded his rifle and took the rare opportunity to fire back
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  46
December 24, 2008 7:19:00 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood between 2 air vent's firing in both directions, both his machine pistols were cradled in his hands and being fired in both directions in front of him and behind him. he had slowly stopped firing as the mercenaries began to advance closer to get a better look. Requiem slowly reached to his sides and brought out 2 small grenades from the small pouch he found in the SPMA. Requiem threw them both in separate directions lowering his head for extra cover. He than placed his hands over his ear's and waited for the scream's as the bomb's exploded and sent the few mercenarie's left hurtling over the side of the building.

" Hmm. . .nice angle. . . " Nick said as she than got up and looked around.

Shrapnel and bullet shell's were discarded all over the area in an almost dire attempt to leave evidence of them being their, The squad scrounged the building for more information, this being shown by constant kick's of mistrewn bodies of bodies than the searching of them for items. Requiem slowly sighed and walked over to the side of the building, he placed his palms on the edge of the building and than looked out over it as he had seen the sunset slowly begin to fall over the horizon. Requiem than clenched his fist and turned back around to his squad. Requiem looked around as he saw 6 rappel lines dangling from the top of the building.

Requiem winced and than slowly turned around, he clambered over the top of the building and than grappled onto the rope as he than rappelled down its face hopping from one space to the next. Requiem yelled up the building as he firmly rested the soles of his feet against the sidewalk and than watched as the squad followed suit. They reached the floor of the large street and began to look around their person ready for anything with their weapon's raised high into the air.

" okay, let's continue to the edge of the city " Lucky said as they marched down the road. theirs definitely going to be a welcoming party

Requiem clambered down as he saw could clearly see the edge of the city. Blaster fire was heard and separate colors could be seen attacking each other against a vast plain bordering themselves from the city and the outer regions of the planet. seems we have a back up plan Requiem laughed at his joke and he was surprised to see his squad look back at him in a menacing look and than turn back. Requiem since and than faced forward as they advanced to the large battle field looming in front of them.

Requiem watched as the fully reached the outskirts and they saw trooper's attacking the mercenaries with heavy machinery, Requiem signaled to the squad as he began to walk towards the enemy lines.

" Okay we seem to have the upper hand guy's, if we. . .get behind enemy lines and attack in 2 direction's this battle can be won. " Alan said as he began to rub his chin from over his helmet.

Requiem watched as the squad ran behind the enemy and stood thier place, Requiem grabebd a grenade and lobbed it infront of the army as he winced. They moved in succession passed the grenade and a small section of the group turned around and than stamped toward the squad.

" Bad, Bad idea. . ."

Requiem ducked as the troop fired, Requiem reloaded his weapon's in hast and threw his throwing knifes, they hit individual people and they fell in a crumpled heap. The squad watched as 3 large SPMA's walked onto the field and began to fire into the advancing army.

" New objective. . .get those things down " The squad nodded and than ran towards their new objective's given by Lucky.

They fired down at the SPMA's in a plight to get them down but they didn't have the equipment or the force to take them down, but they were going to come up with something.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Ron
ComNet Initiate

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  174
Total Posts:  1218
December 24, 2008 7:51:27 PM    View the profile of Ron 
"Did you hear that?" Joamer said suddenly.

Everyone looked at each other.  The scream from inside the complex was still fresh in their ears, making entering the building very undesirable.  Kanderin looked around the group before deciding that he needed to boost the morale.

"Alright guys, we have a job to do.  Wraith, form up a tight group, I want Joamer and RK in the back, me and Helena in the front, and Ron in the middle.  I'll be damned if we don't finish this mission!"

The squad loaded their weapons and entered the complex.  They hadn't gone but twenty feet, when the sound of leaking gas met their ears, and their vision became blurry. 

"It's... a trap!" Helena said weakly.

"I know..."  Kanderin replied.  "But..."  He fell to the floor, knocked out cold.

Everywhere everyone was falling to the floor, until at last Ron stood weakly- he who had been least exposed to the gas (as he was surrounded by the others) was now hit fully by it.  As Ron's eyes drooped, he looked up at the laughing figure before him.

"All in a day's work, gentlemen." Deth cackled.  "All in a day's work."
_ _ _

Ron awoke with a start.  He had been slapped in the face by one of the mercenaries, as all of them were.  In front of them Ron saw the man he had seen last, the one who was laughing at them.  He was holding a shock-stick in his left hand, and was lightly swinging it by his side.

Once all of Wraith were brought out of their unconsciousness, the man with the shock-stick addressed them.

"Welcome to the greatest crime scene ever." he grinned.  "This," he pointed to the computer terminal in the middle of the room. "This is the very computer that was used to turn every single one of your precious files into public information.  This is where the Empire will begin to crumble."

He chuckled again to himself, before hardening his gaze at the squad in front of him.

"But!" he said at length.  "We have been informed that there is a small, no nearly impossible chance that our plan will be thwarted."  he turned to his subordinate who left the room.

"One of you has an anti-virus." the man snarled.  "And one of you will tell me who has it." 

The man, Deth is his name, walked up to Kanderin and said.

"You're the commander of this miserable little group aren't you?" he said.

"Kanderin Draken, Squad Leader..."

"Yes.  I know that." snarled Deth.  "We have every one of you on file- you don't need to give me your name, rank, and number!"

"Then you already know which of us has it." RK snapped back.

"Yes." returned Deth.  "But the pleasure in seeing your own commander betray him to me is too great to pass off."

Kanderin bolted forward at this, but was stopped painfully by strong bonds that chained down his arms and legs.

"Oh I forgot to tell you." Deth grinned.  "You better tell me, because you're not going anywhere until you do."

Deth approached Kanderin again and said.

"I'll give you one more chance... where is the chip?"

Kanderin swallowed bravely before saying, "Kanderin Draken, Squad Leader..."

Slap!  The shock-stick hit against Kanderin's head as soon as the impudent reply was given, followed by an enraged Deth.

"Tell me where it is!" he yelled, beating Kanderin some more. 

"I have it." Ron said at last. 

Deth spit at Kand before saying.  "Yes I know you do, you loyal ass.  You're commander was supposed to betray you to me." Deth grumbled as he called his subordinate out of the other room.

The subordinate released Ron from his bonds and shoved him over towards the terminal.

"Give me the anti-virus." Deth snarled.

Ron pulled out the small black chip from his pocket, and looked over towards Kanderin and the others.

"Don't do it Ron."  Kanderin said.  "Dammit!  Don't do it!"

Ron closed his hand and started to move the chip back into his pocket.

Deth pulled out his blaster rifle and held it to Kanderin's head.

"If you don't hand over the chip." Deth said.  "I'll blow your precious commander's head off."

Ron looked once more at Kanderin, who was still shaking his head, and handed the chip over to Deth.

"Ron..." sighed the Squad.  So that was it.  They had failed in their mission...

"Excellent." Deth said.  He took the chip and and snapped it in half, leaving both halves on the ground.  Then he turned back to Ron and said.

"Now there's one more thing I want you to do for me." Deth said.  "I want you to open all the hidden files that we were unable to access."

"What?" Ron said.  "I can't... I don't know how!"

The reload from Deth's blaster rifle brought the dangerous position Ron was in back to mind.

"Do it or he dies." Deth snarled.

Ron submitted.  "I'll do it."
_ _ _

Finally Ron was at the terminal!  He couldn't believe it had been that easy, he had fooled everyone into believing that the other chip was really the anti-virus!  Ron patted the hidden laptop that was strapped onto his chest beneath his armor.  Ron had already inserted the real chip into his own laptop.  All that remained was to open a wireless connection from his laptop to the computer terminal.

Deth stood behind him and watched, asking questions whenever he saw something suspicious.  When he saw Ron open up the connection, he said,

"What's that?  What are you connecting to?"

"The hidden files are located on a separate terminal that isn't linked to the main terminal."  Ron replied.  "To open them I need to establish a connection."

Deth grumbled and allowed Ron to continue.  As soon as the connection was opened, Ron looked for the file that he had carefully labeled as "Top Secret" as a means of protecting the anti-virus file previous to his current predicament.

"What's that?" Deth growled.

"The hidden file." Ron said smugly.

"Open it." Deth said.

And Ron opened it.  As it was downloading, Ron opened up the control panel for the prisoner bonds, which were fortunately labeled in letters and numbers.  As soon as the file was downloaded, Deth said.

"Now, lets see what's in it."

"As you wish." Ron replied.  He opened up the file, and released the prisoner bonds at the same time.

Two things happened at once.  First, the computer flashed to a blank white screen with the words, "Recovery process enabled."

"Recovery process?" said Deth.  He did not notice the squad slowly moving towards him, nor did he see RK sneak up behind his subordinate and strangle him.

The blank screen loaded up, and suddenly went back to normal with only a single bit of text in the middle that read,

"Anti-virus download complete."

"What!?" screamed Deth.  He was stopped short as the butt of a blaster rifle hit him across the back of the head.

"That's right." Kand said as he towered over him.  Deth started to crawl off, but was headed off by Helena's feet.

"Wouldn't want you to go anywhere." she said.

Kand picked up the shock-stick that Deth had dropped on the ground.  "Let's see how much you like your own medicine!"

Once Deth was killed, Kanderin turned to Ron. 

"Well done." he said.  "About the anti-virus that is."

"Well it's not over yet, we still gotta get out of here." Helena said.

"Right." Kand replied.  He picked up his helmet and secured it on his head before turning back to the squad.

"Let's get out of here."

-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Ron (edited December 24, 2008 8:14:15 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  229
Total Posts:  304
December 25, 2008 5:18:01 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori stood over Jeg and stared down at the trooper as the bigger man checked the vitals of the downed trooper and pronounced him dead. All he could feel was this strange, cold feeling in his gut. He didn’t like it.

This is getting dangerous. Before today, all I have faced was assorted versions of simple foot soldiers, whether they be harmless as an untrained band of bandits or as harmful as a trained force of mercenaries, they were still foot soldiers. But this is way out of my league. Most of my squad mates have faced this kind of danger before and just spat in its face, but I have never even faced something that was unknown to me. I think for the first time in my life… I’m scared. Scared for my life, scared for my friend’s lives, scared for the VE itself.

He frowned and stepped back as Jeg stood up and turned around. He immediately forced his face into a poker face in an effort to avoid revealing his inner turmoil.

“You ok?” Jeg asked, eyeing Jori as though he could see into Jori’s mind.

All Jori could do was nod, for fear of his voice giving away his emotions. Jeg shrugged and moved on, leaving Jori standing beside the dead trooper. He stood there for a few moments longer before turning to follow the group. A voice came over the comlink that Jori immediately recognized as Angel’s distinctive voice.

“Jori, take up the rear. We need somebody watching our backs.”

Jori clicked an affirmative and moved into position behind the troopers in the back row. He looked over his shoulder at the road behind him and noticed a slight motion in the corner of his vision. He frowned and switched his gaze there and let it rest there. After seeing no motion again, he turned back around and continued marching.

It’s quiet out here. Too quiet. It’s… eerie. The only thing I can here is the rustle of the wind, the pounding of our footsteps on the duracrete beneath us, the whistling of…

His eyes widening at the familiar sound of a vibroblade cutting through the air, he yelled out a warning. Swiveling on his foot, he brought up his submachine gun and aimed it towards where the noise had come from. Too late did he realize that he hadn’t moved enough to avoid the deadly blade. The blade, which must have been sharpened nearly to the point of breaking, flew straight into his shoulder, the momentum of the heavy hilt on the end of the blade driving it in deep and breaking it off as Jori fell backwards. Unfortunately for Jori, the blade had not only penetrated the chest plate in front, but had continued on and stuck in the back shoulder plate, plowing straight through his shoulder joint. Fortunately for Jori, the momentum of the knife not only inflicted a lot of damage, but also did some good as well, for it drove him back enough where he was able to avoid the second vibroblade that followed just seconds after the first. As Jori was falling, he actually saw the knife pass overhead, but it flew out of site and he heard a grunt followed by a thud. Immediately after both impacts, fire began raining down on the position of the being that had thrown the vibroblades, forcing it to run for cover and allowing the injured the be pulled to safety before another vibroblade was thrown.

Why isn’t my arm hurting? I just got hit by an almost foot long vibroblade, but my arm nor my shoulder are even tingling. In fact… both are numb… That can’t be good.

Immediately, a few Jester members crowded around Jori and half carried, half dragged to the front of the group. He wasn’t able to see their faces because his vision was locked on the rapidly retreating gray monster. He looked up and saw Angel standing over him and looking as if he was yelling at Jori.

That can’t be right. Why is yelling at me? I didn’t do anything but get nearly killed.

It was then that Jori realized his hearing was gone. At first he thought that his ears had gotten injured during the attack, but then it started returning and he heard Bright’s voice saying something about shock.

That’s it! I’m in shock. That explains the temporary hearing loss and why Angel was yelling at me.

He grinned and said something, he didn’t know what, and saw a relieved look on Angel’s face. Shaking off the grips of the other Jester members, he climbed shakily to his feet and noticed some resistance in his right arm. Looking down at it, he almost fainted. There was a three-inch gash right through the middle of his shoulder and it was gushing blood like a waterfall. Immediately, he was surrounded by a few people who were obviously medics. They quickly removed the plates around his shoulder, removed the blade, and bandaged up his arm as best as they could, though the blood was still dribbling through the sides of the bandage, which was quickly turning red and becoming soggy. Setting the blade aside, they put more and more bandages on his arm, each thoroughly soaked in bacta. Soon, the feeling come back in arm, though he wished it didn’t because it felt like it was on fire. Clutching it, he bite down hard on his tongue, enough to draw blood, which trickled down his lip. He closed his eyes and rolled over on the opposite side from the injured arm.

“Get him some anesthesia for that arm. Hurry!” a nearby medic said.

Jori whimpered for a little bit before the morphine took effect. Quieting down, Jori opened his eyes and sat up, still holding his limp arm. He saw a trooper beside him with a vibroblade lying between them. The trooper was on his side and Jori could see where the vibroblade had entered the side of his neck. His neck armor was removed so Jori assumed that the vibroblade had stuck in the armor, causing more damage than it would have had there been no amor. Sighing, he reached over and grabbed the vibroblade, watching it thoughtfully.

This might be worth keeping. That trooper sure isn’t going to need it for a while. Hmm… this is very nice. It isn’t broken like the one that injured me so I can actually use it.

He slipped it through a sheath that he always had because, on occasion, he carried a knife with him. Grunting as he clambered to his feet, he looked around for his squad. He spotted them huddled around on the far side of the group. He walked over to them, cringing slightly as his arm twinged.

“…We have to take out this alien somehow or more troopers are going to end up getting injured or even killed. Any ideas on how we can go about this? I’m all ears.” Angel was saying as Jori approached.

“I do. We surround it. Simple, but definitely not going to be easy. Once we surround it, we can slowly close the circle and pin it down somewhere. Even though it will probably fight harder once its pinned, we can toss a couple grenades and thermal dets at it.” Jori said, stopping besides Aeos, who nodded at him. He returned the gesture and looked out at the group.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  314
December 26, 2008 8:34:29 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun gaped in horror at the 3 SPMA's now advancing on the squad. There was no way they could take down a SPMA, let alon 3 of them. And I thought the broken SPMA was intense. Zeshaun thought wishing he had not gotten their SPMA destroyed. Zeshaun fired a couple shots but already knew that the shots would have no effect. Zeshaun thought about using grenades but remembered that Novacaine had said that he had used up all his grenades in the battle before. We've really gotten ourselves into a mess this time. Zeshaun thought running to avoid a barrage of bolts coming from the SPMA's.

The voices of his squad mates were continually coming through the comm link telling each other to dodge and run. Zeshaun took some cover behind a tree but had to run when the trees around him started to explode and burst into flames. Zeshaun was quickly losing hope and was reluctant to waste his bullets on the SPMA's. When Zeshaun hid again behind a rock he heard an explosion. That doesn't sound like trees. Zeshaun thought, confused.

He peeked out from behind his rock and saw a large piece of artillery floating on repulsors. One of the SPMA's now lay with a gaping hole in their sides. Some mercenaries came out a little dazed. Lucky ordered everyone to pick them off. In a matter of minutes the mercenaries were dead.

Zeshaun could hear the mobile artillery preparing to fire. Zeshaun watched this time as a stream of blue light erupted from the nozzle and blew another hole through another SPMA but this time it went straight through the cockpit. The SPMA lurched and then exploded in a brilliant flash of light, sending chunks of metal all over. As the artillery piece charged up again, the final SPMS seemed to see a pattern and started to position itself so it could unload it's guns onto the artillery. Zeshaun watched as both sides shot their beams. The blue beam from the mobile artillery hit a leg causing the vehicle to fall but it didn't keep it from hitting the artillery.

Well that didn't last long. Zeshaun thought observing the hunk of melted metal that used to be the mobile artillery. Mercenaries started to jump out of the now crippled SPMA. About 7 mercenaries came out total looking to get revenge. Before Lucky could even give an order the squad opened fire on the advancing mercenaries. The Paladin's showed no mercy taking out all but 1 with their first initial shots. The mercenary dropped his weapon and put his hands up, showing surrender.

"Nova, Alan go detain him." Lucky ordered.

Both Alan and Novacaine ran out with their weapons raised, they cuffed him and carried him back to where the squad had been taking cover. The mercenary was not wearing any kind of uniform and seemed to have no weapons except for the one he threw down before. That's strange. Zeshaun thought remembering how well trained and equipped the other mercenaries were.

"Are you working with Frozt?" Alan asked, grabbing the man roughly.

The man just sat staring, afraid to say anything. Looks like he's not gonna share his beans. Zeshaun thought getting comfortable knowing this could take quiet a while.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  428
December 26, 2008 3:15:56 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
"You are one tough son-of-a-bitch," Gates remarked, clapping the good shoulder of the stormtrooper who had come up with the idea. "Just my style. Crazy."

He put enough humour in his voice to keep his tone friendly, and not condescending. The quick meeting was interrupted by Tanus.

"How the hell are we going to find them? We want the slicer alive, but the aliens can die. How are we even going to corner them if we have no clue where they are."

"Can't anyone track them? We've made 'em all bleed, haven't we? Just follow the blood," interjected one of the Jesters, watching the area, his weapon and helmet tracking this way and that.

Gates turned to the Army Troopers. "Any of you scouts? Trackers? Navy SpecOps Commandos?"

One of the Army Troopers raised his hand

"Name and rank?" asked Gates to the Army soldier.

"Lance Corporal Jenkins, sir," the man drawled, a thick accent.

"Excellent, Jenkins, I'll buy you a beer if I live through this."

"So the plan's we'll hunt 'em down, surround 'em, and kill all those damn aliens?"

"Yeah, basically," Gates replied. "and Tank, stop tallying up the men with vibroblade, broken neck, and pools of blood injuries."

"Yessir."

The Stormtroopers, exhausted as they were, stood from squatting or leaning positions. LCP Jenkins leaned over, inspected a few drops of blood. "This way."

They stood, banishing their tiredness for a few more minutes. Gates resolved to figure what the hell these things were, so that he could kill one at his leisure later.

Every few dozen feet, they would come across a few more drops of blood. Gates slid his sniper  rifle off of his back, and replaced it with his A-280. If one of those things came close, his squadmates could take it out; if not, then he had a long-range threat.

"Sir, the blood trail ends here," Jenkins pointed to a last lingering drop. "But it looks like these doors have been forced open, and there's a couple more dead cops."

The stormtroopers stood in front of a building, a tall, stand-alone thing, with at least twenty feet between it and all of its neighbors, and about 10 stories tall.

"What a shit-tacular place to hide," Gates remarked. "Damned if I care how stupid they are, though."

Tanus leaned over to the scout - "Sure this is the right building?"

"Yessir."

"Maybe it just got patched up," one of the soldiers interjected.

"Yeah, that's gotta be it. Let's move out."
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited December 27, 2008 3:18:57 PM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  47
December 26, 2008 3:53:11 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood still continually grasping his weapon and aiming it at the cranium of the mercenary prisoner and the rest of the squad not holding the mercenary did the same. He than looked around his person and watched as the artillery continued to pick off the mercenaries in large groups and the pilot's in the cock pit of each was somehow having the time of their lives rookie's Requiem watched as the mercenary closed his eye's and began to shake from being so close to point blank gun shot. Requiem felt somehow guilty and didn't wish to be in his place any time soon.

" P-please. . .don't kill me, Please ! " The mercenary began to cry and than raised his head to the sky.

" Pitiful. . . " Nick replied somehow eager to get the information they needed.

" Leave him be. . .Now tell me who directed this attack " Lucky said slowly with a relaxing tone almost calming.

" The N-noghri " The squad looked to each other as he replied.

" Why ? " Alan asked curious to get the answer himself.

" It's a ploy. . . a diversion if you will. . . " He replied finally opening his eye's and than swaying his head to survey his surroundings.

" For what ? " Lucky asked astounded at his answer.

" To get you away from the detonation zone. " Somehow the hostage's voice rose and he began to laugh at his end of the conversation.

The squad looked to him slowly and than fully raised their weapons. Requiem watched as Zeshaun and Nick let him go with a kick and watched as he ran back the field. I loud firing was heard and the hostage fell to the ground in a heap as he was shot by the opposing army. bad way to go. . . Requiem looked around as he saw the squad talking out of ComLink conversing on the newly acquired information. Requiem watched as the battle raged on and Lucky was speaking over the ComLink about their new objective.

" Okay Paladin. . . where we today ? " Lucky asked as he looked at the face's around her.

" Why ? " Requiem asked wondering about why the hostage had said.

" First off, if what the hostage said was true. . . than we were near the detonation zone. If we could get back we could deactivate them and we don't have anymore bloodshed. " Lucky confessed as he used to hands while she spoke to add to what she said.

" Okay. . .Well it could actually be an area. . . " Zeshaun said as he began to scratch his chin.

" What do you mean ? " Lucky asked as she somehow thought it could work.

" Well everywhere we went were all in the same area. . . " Zeshaun replied finally figuring out his thought.

The squad looked to each other as Lucky than split the team into 3 group's Zeshaun and Requiem, Nick and Nova, and herself and Alan. Requiem nodded as they dispersed to get back to the 3 zone's of destination and find out or finally clarify if their is a detonation zone ordered by the noghri. Requiem and Zeshaun finally reached the edge of the battlefield to loud yell's of appreciation and hurray. The squad turned back to see that they had one the small battle and they all finally went into different directions to get their work done.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  319
December 26, 2008 4:28:16 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun walked around the building nervously, afraid that something he did would set off the bombs that were located somewhere inside. Zeshaun looked at the directory for the turbolift and saw that building was huge, about 10 floors not including the basement and Penthouse suite on the very top. We'll be here all day Zeshaun thought cringing at the idea of searching through the building. Requiem and Zeshaun got together. They decided that Zeshaun would go to the penthouse up top and Requiem would search the basement. Zeshaun stepped into the turbolift and pressed the button for the top floor.

He waited and waited, it seemed like he was standing in the lift forever. The lift was small an made from some kind of goldish metal. When the lift started to slow he let out a sigh, he then noticed it had stopped before  he had reached the top. Zeshaun gripped  his rifle and waited for the doors to open. When they did two men were standing there, both had blasters at their sides. They didn't seem to notice that Zeshaun was there so he put his rifle down and stood at the back.

"You new?" One of the men asked.

The question caught Zeshaun off guard, he hadn't expected them to talk to him unless they were trying to kill him.

"Yeah." Zeshaun answered, unsure what they were asking.

The men grumbled about how their forces were being destroyed in the outskirts, and how they wanted to be out there instead of here guarding the building. They must be mercenaries, they haven't noticed my storm trooper armor yet, they must be idots. Zeshaun thought almost feeling ba, he pulled his knife and quickly slit their throats. The lift stopped and the doors opened. Zeshaun quickly stepped out hiding behind a bush that was in the hallway.

Zeshaun could hear the voices of a couple men talking and laughing. Zeshaun snuck around the hallway and saw a group of men playing cards and possibly drinking. Looks like I'm going to have to crash their party. Zeshaun thought making sure his rifle had full ammo. He popped through the door and quickly shot down two of the men. The others took some time to react and before they could get off a shot Zeshaun had downed the other two as well. Zeshaun checked the bodies for any type of ID or security cards but found none.

"Req you there?" Zeshaun asked through his comm.

He got nothing but static Hope it's just the distance that's messing up the transmission. Zeshaun thought putting the comm away in his belt. Now let's see what's behind this door. Zeshaun thought pressing the button than quickly scurrying back to a position where he could see inside the door without being in the room. The door revealed a nice suit, a king size bed, refrigerator, showers, bathtubs, the whole spiel. Wow, this is nice. Zeshaun thought lowering his rifle.

He searched the room but found nothing. Only the usual  things that you would find in a hotel room. Zeshaun turned when he heard the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway, and angry voices. Oh sithspawn. Zeshaun thought grabbing his rifle and making his way toward the hall.

"...*Static* Zesh*static*found so-*static*-eed to come do*static*-ombs." Requiem's message came in chopped up little bits.

Well, at least he wasn't captured. Zeshaun thought. He ran out of the room and back into the hall only to be faced by 3 very mean looking mercenaries. Zeshaun suggested that he was new here but they didn't buy it. Zeshaun hurriedly ran back into the room and locked the door. Damn, He thought At least REq found the bombs.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  788
Total Posts:  2175
December 26, 2008 4:34:52 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora didn’t know if cornering a wounded killing machine was the best plan, but it was obviously their only plan. The only problem was that the small alien wasn’t simply going to walk up to the squads and say “here I am, shoot me”. No, they had to have some sort of bait to lure the creature out of whatever building it was hiding in.

Sam seemed to come to the same realization as Jegora at much the same time. “We need bait,” the Sergeant First Class said calmly. Jegora, and several other troopers, nodded.

Jegora put in his two cents. “It seems to be picking up the stragglers, the small and the weak.”

Angel nodded, and then looked right at Jori. “Someone who would be easy to take out of the fight, someone who’s crippled,” he said.

Now every other trooper in the three squads had their eyes on Jori. Jegora watched the young Zabrak, who was sitting on the ground with his helmet in his lap, and saw in his eyes when it clicked.

“No. Uh-uh. No way. I’m not setting myself up as a target for that blue-skinned freak,” Jori exclaimed, looking from Jester to Jester for support. He found none.

Bright leaned down and patted Jori on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, you might survive,” she said, her voice as comforting as she could make, but her grin quite feral.

Behind his helmet Jegora couldn’t help but roll his eyes. He knew that whatever plan they decided to execute would involve very little risk to Jori, but there was still a chance that Bright’s words might turn out to be more accurate than anyone would like. No one had any way of gauging this unknown alien’s abilities. They would just have to see, and hope nothing went wrong.

They still had to keep moving, though, or lose their prey altogether. So it was that Angel and the other two SLs, along with input from various troopers, devised a deviously simple plan that, if executed properly, would leave them with one less enemy to worry about.

Fifteen minutes later the squads were on the move. They marched down the street in their usual 3-lined, weary and depressed. At the end of the first line, which was composed of Jester squad, was Jori, walking slower than the rest of his squad mates and therefore falling behind just a tad. He was glancing around, nervous, and who wouldn’t be. He had just been attacked by a ferocious fighting machine of the likes had never been seen before by most in the Corps.

As the squad reached a particularly long stretch of roadway that was shadowed on either side by humongous office buildings, Jori suddenly stumbled, falling behind. No one noticed, and the squads kept marching. That was when it happened.

From out of the shadows leapt a blue-skinned alien, claws and teeth bared. It launched itself from just behind Jori’s peripheral vision, and the young stormtrooper had no idea what was coming for him.

Until Jegora told him, anyways. “Jori, now!” he fairly yelled over the comlink.

From his vantage point on the third floor of one of the office buildings, Jegora saw the whole thing clearly through Angel’s SLAR. He had traded the squad leader weapons once again in order to take up his post, and he was joined by several other long-range weapon specialists from the other squads.

It wasn’t a great distance, only two hundred meters or so. But the target was moving erratically and fast, and that made it difficult.

Jori hit the ground, his unease suddenly replaced by a determination not to get killed. As he dropped the alien flew overhead, suddenly put off balance by its foes unexpected maneuver. It hit the ground hard, though immediately rolled to its feet.

By this time the rest of the Vast Empire troopers had turned and were opening fire. The creature had nowhere to run, its course having taken it right up against the office building opposite of Jegora.

Now it was the riflemen’s turn. Jegora was the first to fire, sighting down the impressive weapon’s scope and gently touching the trigger. He was rewarded by a loud boom, and then the cycle of the gas-operated action. He sighted again, and then pulled the trigger again, and another projectile sped towards the blue-skinned alien.

So far the alien seemed to be dodging the fire, and was moving towards the street. If it reached the street Jegora knew it would be gone before they could land a hit. That couldn’t happen.

So he kept firing. And he started to pray.
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  48
December 26, 2008 7:34:59 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood looking around his person eying down the room's ceiling's and wall's to see 10 detonator pack's beeping simultaneously ready to explode by the touch of a button. God this just gets worse he slowly sat down in a large heap and reached to his side. he ripped off his helmet and placed it beside him, Requiem grabbed a small canteen from inside his armor and popped off the top. bottoms up Requiem slowly took a large swig and coughed slowly. So. . .I have to deactivate these huh ? Requiem slowly shook his head as he heard trampling outside his door on the 5th floor room 217. He than picked up his helmet and placed it onto his head, he reached to his side's and grabbed both of his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistols and un-holstered them. Requiem was experiencing the full hit of the ale and grasped the weapon once more.

Requiem slowly pushed the door open slowly and peered out of the room keeping his head unnoticeable and turning his head in different direction's to see down the hallway's of the building. Requiem closed his eyes and than slowly shut his mouth as he somehow knew that Zeshaun had been engaged by the enemy. seems we have some company working here Requiem stepped back slowly and closed the door gently to make sure that no one heard its irritating screech. okay i have to get Zeshaun down here to see this. . . Requiem slowly looked around his person and peered at the many detonator's slowly blinking and beeping in front of him from all side's.

"...Zeshaun I found some Detonator pack's you need to come do some deactivating of these bombs." Requiem slowly shook his Comlink nestled in his palm as he heard loud static over their channel.

" Come on. . . " Requiem continued to shake it restlessly trying to get good service out of it somehow. Sithspawn. . .I'm probably going to have to get him myself

Requiem slowly shook his head and looked around his person, he smiled as he saw a small keycard with the inscription 217 on it. Requiem smiled as he walked through the door and slowly locked it in place eager to get to Zeshaun's location. He than strafed left and right wondering which way to go but came up with the simple instruction to just go up. Requiem nodded at his idea and than slowly ran down his hallway looking for a turbo lift. Left, Right ahh there Requiem smiled as he than walked up to the 2 large double door's leading into the turbo lift. Requiem slowly pressed the bottom and began to whistle as he heard  constant yelling in the distance and the loud clatter of mercenaries stay calm, stay calm Requiem watched as the mercenaries ran by him and than stopped in their group and turned around surveying him.

" Hey have you seen a man in white armor anywhere around here?  " They asked with a curious tone eager to get to him.

Requiem spoke in a different tone of voice and tried to sound older." Uh. . . no, c-check down the hall. .." Requiem became grateful as the elevator door's slid out of place and than welcomed him graciously.

" Okay bye. . . " Requiem smiled as he replied and than slowly closed the elevator door's.

Requiem heard muffled yell's and the sound's of weapons reloading. " That's one of 'em ! Take 'em all down " Requiem winced and than ducked as blaster fire than penetrated through the walls of the elevator. seems they know who we are now Requiem removed his hand's from over his head and than casually stood up ambiance music filled the cabin as he than shook his head. He swung his weapon in a swift motion and fired at the speaker above him, it hit it's mark and sparks flew from its place with a loud clatter. not right now. . . Requiem slowly looked up and surveyed the ceiling as spark's flew down and bounced off his armor. He winced as he saw the door's fly open and mercenaries looked in his direction slowly.

" Heh heh. . . uh, going up ? "Requiem started to hammer on the 7th floor bottom with speed and sighed as it closed. this is going to be a long day.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited December 26, 2008 7:36:24 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1801
Total Posts:  1920
December 26, 2008 8:40:49 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante swore as something exploded nearby, overwhelming his helmet's sophisticated noise filtering system for a moment and sending clouds of dust drifting down from the hanger ceiling. Sirens began to blare and control panels flickered on and off.

"What in the Nine Corellian Hells was that?"

A moment later, another explosive went off, this one even closer. Part of the chamber's ceiling collapsed as a support beam gave way, causing debris to clatter down to the hanger floor. Duracrete pebbles bounced off the terrorists' ship and the RAIDERS, and the air became clouded with particles.

"Frak, frak, frak, frak..." one of the RAIDERS repeated. Dante couldn't tell who it was, but recognized the answerer.

"Shut up and do something!" Snipes boomed, pulling out a slugthrower pistol even as blaster fire began to bounce around the hanger.

A group of five mercenaries had set up a position in the corridor the RAIDERS had entered through several minutes earlier, and they had an E-Web. High-energy bolts streamed from the repeating blaster, burning holes in durasteel walls and ricocheting in all directions.

Dante felt something hit him in the back and staggered a half step forward. His helmet beeped cheerily as the HUD flickered and lines of text  detailing the damage scrolled across the bottom of his field of vision. A stray bolt had burned through the trooper backpack and left a charred crater in the armour plating underneath. Thankfully, it hadn't penetrated the plastoid plate or the bodyglove underneath, and had left only a burn behind.

Gaz cursed as more bolts traced a neat line into the container directly behind him, then ducked back behind the containers he had been using for cover. Half a meter away, Dante did the same, glancing over at his fellow RAIDER.

"Can this get any worse?" Dante thought out loud, momentarily forgetting that his comlink was active.

"Never say that!" Gaz shouted back as the terrorists ceased fire for a moment. Dante poked his head above the cover, only to barely avoid taking a dozen bolts to the face as the enemy restarted firing.

Dante suddenly noticed three things at once. First, the firing had stopped. This seemed to be a good thing, but he rather understandably was somewhat less than thrilled by this, due to the contributions of two other factors. Second, a glowing, sliver ball that was smoking ominously had rolled into a container a meter away. Last, over half of the containers the two RAIDERS were hiding behind were quite obviously fuel cells.

The beeping stopped, and Dante's world was filled with fire.

OOC:
And Dante goes to sleep...I was thinking the RAIDERS could call a retreat,at least from the room...
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  321
December 27, 2008 8:07:25 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun quickly loaded the shotgun attachment as the sound of bullets against the door increased, he saw that the hinges were becoming looser and looser. He finally got the shotgun loaded and aimed at the door. AS the double dors burst open he pulled the trigger, sending the spray of bullets through the door. He heard the cries of 3 different men as his shot penetrated their skin. Hells yes. Zeshaun thought, reloading the shotgun and slung the rifle over his shoulder.

He walked through the halls with his pistols raised. He ran down the halls, keeping his head down so he wouldn't get hit by the bullets. Mercenaries started to pop out of rooms like little insects from their hives. Bloody Hell Zeshaun thought shooting into one of the rooms, taking out two mercenaries.

He raced toward the elevator, Only two more corners to turn Zeshaun thought stopping to catch his breath. Zeshaun reloaded both pistols and turned the corner. He let a furry of bolts spray down the hall, taking out six mercenaries. Zeshaun bolted own the hall shooting behind him to discourage any thoughts of following him. Wonder how REq's doin' He thought dodging a bolt. He can't be doing much worse than me. Zeshaun thought as a bolt caught him in the ribs.He crumpled over, the pain seemed to be pulsing throug hi body. He snapped off a shot toward the his attacker and caught him in the neck. Zeshaun let out a deep breath and hobbled down the hall, keeping hisp istol up. Never used so many power packs before he thought un holstering his reserve pistol from it's ankle holster.

Zeshaun finally made it to the elevator and punched the down button. Come on, Come on A bolt hit the elevator door right over Zeshaun's head causing him to turn and return fire down the hallway. Another shot scrapped his calf forcing Zeshaun down on to one knee. He saw the mercenary lining up a shot, and just as Zeshaun thought he was going to die the mercenary crumpled to the ground. Zeshaun turned and saw Requiem standing inside the elevator, with his gun raised.

"Looks like I showed up just in time." Requiem said looking at dead bodies in the hall.

Zeshaun just dragged himself into the elevator, on top of the bodies of two mercenaries. Zeshaun rested his back against the wall and he took out a couple of bacta patches and slapped them on. Requiem explained that he had found a bunch of bombs and they were going to have to work fast if they wanted them all deactivated. Here comes the fun part. Zeshaun thought, sarcastically, foreseeing long hours spent disarming bombs in his near future.

The elevator stopped at the ground floor and Zeshaun's wounds felt much better, thanks to the bacta patches. He followed Requiem down to the basement and gaped in horror at the site that was before his eyes. The room was full of bombs, all waiting to go off. This is going to be hell. Zeshaun thought sitting down in front of one of the bombs starting the procedure to deactivate it.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  49
December 27, 2008 11:16:25 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood still looking through his line of vision and noticing tons of bombs scattered against all angles of the large building's basement for the second time since he had been their once that day. Requiem than sat down beside Zeshaun and reached to his side to grab his canteen, Requiem raised it up to his mouth as it was swatted away and Zeshaun gave him an angry look. He than got up and than brushed off his leg's from the debris that littered the floor. Requiem raised his weapon in front of him ready to survey the perimeter to check for any sign of enemy coming close to their location. Zeshaun looked to him slowly and shook his head as he started to disassemble the bomb's one by one. Requiem had a bad feeling for any of this since they all had detonator switches and they could go off any time with them inside.

" Okay. . .all clear "Requiem replied over the comlink as he turned around and wandered back to Zeshaun's work.

" Good, well ? sit down it's time to get started " Zeshaun said as he than sighed at Requiem who still stood his ground.

" Theirs more isn't there ? " Zeshaun said with his hand in an L position across his helmet.

Requiem nodded as Zeshaun than got up slowly Requiem waved him down and than exited from the basement in hast to get back to the 5th floor room 217. Somehow he knew that if anything happened he couldn't ComLink Zeshaun from the heavy static moving throughout the building. Time to go Requiem exited the lobby and walked up to the elevator's he pressed the up button and was graciously invited into it's hold.

" Okay I'm going up. if all goes well than i,ll tell you on the ComLink " Requiem said as he was than raised to the 5th floor of the large building.

Requiem slowly poked his head out of the elevator to see what was going on and sighed as their were no enemies approaching from any direction. 217. . .217. . .217. . . Requiem slowly wandered the many hallway's of the 5th floor and walked up to room 217 and than slowly checked his pocket's. He than reached down and grabbed the key card for room 217 and than slowly jimmied it in the lock. Requiem kicked down the door in haste and aimed his weapon down only to find that their was no one inside.

" Ok I'm in i,ll deactivate these and i,ll come back down " Requiem slowly walked through the main room of the large suite and than entered the bomb shelter.

Requiem sat down and than looked around his person, getting a sever headache from the loud beeping coming out of each of them. Requiem winced as he than picked up one of the small bomb's and than dropped it with a clatter from the loud trampling of boot's. Requiem jumped up from his stationery position and placed his weapon over his shoulder to grab his Machine pistol's. Requiem grasped them hard and than slowly walked to the main room. A loud banging was heard from outside the door. Requiem opened the door slowly and poked his head out of its spot to see nothing but empty space.

He shrugged and than ducked behind the door as blaster fire pierced the outside frame of the door the split second after he moved it. seems I got company Requiem slowly reloaded his RPG attachment and than shot it off down the hallway at the oncoming mercenaries the explosion rocked the building and 3 of the six landed in crumpled heap's at the side of the hallway. Requiem slowly reached to his side's and grabbed his throwing knives, he flicked them into his hand's and sent them down the hall into the neck's of the rest of the mercenaries the weapon's hit their mark professionally killing the rest of the mercenaries. i dont have much time !
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  429
December 27, 2008 3:31:11 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The long-range team, Gates, Jegora from Jester, and a couple of the troopers, sprinted towards the alien, firing on the run.

It was hemmed in by fire from the main group, and the injured soldier - Jori - was crawling away like mad, firing his pistol one-handed back at it, adding his fire to the rest.

Gates brought his sniper rifle up to eye level, its scope bouncing madly as he ran. He squeezed off a shot. It missed, but the alien flinched into a different bolt, but only just. A slight burn was the only sign, and that was hard to see with the alien flailing around.

And yet, almost no fire was actually hitting the thing, and it was edging towards a nearby alley, where it would escape, starting the whole cat-and-mouse thing over again.

Garryll was tired, and that pissed him off. He redoubled his fire, his shots coming closer and closer to the mark as the alien, likely fatigued by its half-dozen ambushes, slowed almost imperceptably.

It was slow to dodge, and suffered a blown apart elbow; its right lower arm hung weakly by it, holding on by only a few tendons and bleeding heavily.

At the injury, it redoubled its efforts, throwing blood everywhere, while merciless soldiers kept firing...and shooting...and shooting.

It managed to dodge a heavy dash of fire, when a trio of stormtroopers dropped clips to reload. It dove down the alleyway in the bare split second of lighter fire, taking another hit across its flank.

"No! Dammit!" Gates yelled, dropping the scope from his eye to a running position, then sprinting towards the alley way.

He and the tall Jester, each tall, imposing figures in the dress of stormtroopers, turned around the corner. They sighted down their firearms, spotting a limping, but still quickly-moving creature, dashing down the alley.

They sighted; fired a dozen times.

And still, the creature would not go down, even after taking another couple hits. It kept stumbling away. The rest of the soldiers roared around the corner, sprinting after the injured alien, a second wind brought around by the hunt and a dose of adrenaline.
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  325
December 27, 2008 5:28:11 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun sat on the cold moist  ground, cutting wire after wire after wire. He paused a moment to stretch and crack his knuckles. This is why I don't want to be a demolitions expert. Zeshaun thought looking at the large amount of bombs he still hadn't diffused. He quickly went back to what he was doing, making sure he didn't make any mistakes. Zeshaun knew Requiem could take care of himself but he was still feeling uneasy, and he didn't like being alone in a room full of armed explosives.

The sound of blasters echoed through the building, seeing that the building was empty the noise didn't have much to compete with making it audible through out. Zeshaun fumbled with the wires, each shot made him jump. He clipped the last wire and moved onto the next bomb when he heard the sound of footsteps. It's probably just my imagination. Zeshaun thought trying to concentrate on the wires. He heard the foot steps again and he slowly stood, taking hold of his rifle.

He slowly made his way to the door, trying to make as little noise as possible. The footsteps got clearer as he approached the door, there seemed to be no voices, but Zeshaun stepped back when he heard the familiar click of a blaster being loaded. When Zeshaun judged that the owner of the footsteps was infront of the door he put his shoulder down and slammed open the door.

Zeshaun jumped out into the hallway and found a mercenary holding his face, blood spurted from the man's nose. Zeshaun put a bullet through the mans heart and ran down the hall, searching for the mercenaries friends. The sound of muffled voices came from down the hall and Zeshaun quickly followed them as best as he could.

He caught little bits of their conversations, they seemed to be complaining about all the commotion, and the act that Requiem and himself were hard to find. Well, that's nice of them to say. Zeshaun thought smiling. He ran to catch up with the voices and nearly ran into them when he turned the corner. Zeshaun quickly backpedaled, hoping that they hadn't heard him.

Zeshaun pivoted and faced down the hall. He sprayed the hall with bullets, leaving the two mercenaries dead. Zeshaun retraced his steps back to the bomb room and sat down agaian. He started clipping wires at a hastened pace. Gotta hurry, don't know how long till more come down. Zeshaun thought, slightly sweating under his helmet. He paused and took his helmet off. I probably won't be needing this for now. He thought putting the helmet down by his side.

Zeshaun got bored of cutting wires, and took a break. Maybe I'll see how Req's deactivating is coming along. Zeshaun thought picking up his commlink.

"Req can you read me?" Zeshaun asked.

"Yeah, loud and clear." Requiem said.

They chatted for a bit, Requiem explained that he was a little behind because he was bogged down by some mercenaries but was now back on track. Zeshaun reported the same and then they went back to deactivating the bombs. Well isn't this just awesome. Zeshaun thought, grimacing. He cut another wire and moved onto the next bomb. Only 15 more to go.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  50
December 28, 2008 12:05:33 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem continued to snap the wire's of bomb's scattered around his body. His body slowly rocked forward and than slowly slid back into the place from the slight turbulence of the mines he placed outside the room door don't have that much time Requiem tried to speed up his reflexes to a certain extent eager to get out of the large heap of metal he was residing in but he knew if he went to fast that the bomb in his hand's would explode and so would the other bomb's through chain. wait. . .a chain! He than slowly started to rub his chin and snap his finger's with speed as he got up. Requiem slowly began to pace as he forgot his idea and began to try to get it back in haste.

A chain. . .if I'm right than one of these bomb's is the one selected to detonate first as a back up plan if the others don't at the right time' Requiem nodded as he than slowly walked around the room looking at the bomb's littered against the floor and the wall's looking for a design that was slightly different than the rest of the explosive's littered across the room. Requiem slowly stopped and raised his foot from a tarnished mass of metal under his foot. He than jumped back with speed as he noticed that the bomb was smaller than the others. Requiem made a sign of relief and than picked it up in his hand. He than looked over its body to see a small silver arrow in its corner.

" Zesh. . .Zesh! " Requiem yelled into the ComLink slowly eager to get an answer.

" What ? I got 8 left " Zeshaun said in haste slowly, Requiem could hear the constant snapping of wires in the background.

" I have an idea. . . "Requiem said slowly as he than began to pace continuously examining the small explosive in his hand's

" what is it ? " Zeshaun said curiously as he than rested the bomb to the floor.

" Okay can you find me an explosive down there with a silver arrow on the . . .Top. . .left corner. " Requiem said as he tried to search for the small unusual design once more.

" I got it right here. " Zeshaun said as he than threw it up into the air and than caught it again.

" Deactivate that now, that sole explosive is the chain starter for the rest if we get this done than we can just dispose of the rest somewhere. "

Requiem heard a slight grunt and an ominous beeping ensue, it slowly stopped as Zeshaun replied back into the Comlink that the other explosive's stopped beeping. Requiem smiled as his hunch was right and than slowly sat down eager to get the rest of the bomb's deactivated and ready for transport. Requiem slowly reached to his side and grabbed his fusion cutter from his repair kit. Requiem slowly activated it and removed the small cap from its top. Requiem grabbed a small pair of pliers and pried off the first wire in the large explosive as the beeping in the room stopped. Requiem laughed as he walked out of the room and grabbed a small bag. He than slowly grabebd the rest of the bomb's and placed them inside. could be useful Requiem slowly walked to the window and opened it up and was welcomed by fresh air.

He slowly grabbed the chain explosive and threw it into the air. It than landed in a heap down the rest of the flight's of step's and he smiled. Requiem turned around and exited the large room, he than placed a small bomb on the back of the door slowly to explode if anyone activated the room with a keycard. Requiems stepped out of the large room and walked down the step's towards the Turbo Lift.

Requiem walked out of the large turbo lift and walking into the large golden lobby that surrounded him. Requiem watched as Zeshaun rounded a corner and ran up to greet him slowly. Requiem smiled as he than slowly lifted the bag on his shoulder with more pressure and walked towards the large door's of the building.

" What's in the bag ? "Zeshaun asked slowly eying it cautiously.

" Bombs " Requiem said casually and turned around to Zeshaun. Zeshuan shrugged and continued to step down the path leading away from the building.

Requiem slowly stopped as he heard a a large explosion and the falling of glass escape from floor 5 room 217. Requiem slowly shook his head knowing it was a good reason he got out quick enough or he would of been killed. Requiem watched as Zeshuan casually yelled over to him slowly, he turned around to see Alan and Lucky chatting to Zeshaun telling him obviously of their finishing of their deactivating.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1229
Total Posts:  1849
December 28, 2008 8:51:44 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The squad grimaced as they looked at the mess the room was in. It was, afterall one of the most important areas of their base, and they couldn't help but feel responsible for leaving it in such a state. They settled for simply dragging the bodies to the walls and standing the seats back up, it was the bare minimum but it helped. It was when Kanderin locked his strong fingers around Deth's quite frail shoulders, that the once dead man let out a groan and stirred, causing Kanderin to jump back in shock.

"I thought he was dead" RK cried, jumping back and crashing into the wall behind him "I've had enough of zombies as of late, kill it, right.."

"Relax" Kanderin raised a hand to silence him, running the other down the hilt of the shock stick he'd thought had finished the commander off "This thing was on a low setting, it simply knocked him unconscious"

"Why did no one think of checking his vitals?" Helena asked, burning holes in Joamer.

"I didn't see a point..." Joamer shrugged

"Relax you two, it's better this way. I think he might be useful for some information"

"Give him a taste of his own medicine, huh?" Ron grinned, kneeling next to Deth and pinning him to the ground. The commander was just beginning to focus into reality again, and what he was hearing was terrifying him.

"Please, have mercy...I was never really going to kill you!" He struggled.

"I'm not mad because you threatened to kill me, I've heard it a hundred times before. I'm mad because you hit me with a shock when I was unable to defend myself" Kanderin responded, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him over to the shackles. "And it's for that reason, Commander, it's time for me to be quiz master. Let's see how much you can take before you crack"

The squad felt awkward stood around watching Kanderin tie the man up heavily handedly. He was apparently struggling with one of the arm braces, so leaned on the mans stomach so as to get better leverage. The harder he pressed down the more the man's eyes appeared to bulge out of his skull. Once he was happy that the man had suffered enough, Kanderin simply removed the locking pin and shut the brace happily, getting back up to his feet.

"I'll tell you anything, you don't need to do anything to me!" The man spluttered, his face gushing sweat.

Kanderin blinked before smiling. "Let's test then. Question One - How many of your militia did you send down to the streets of Tadath?"

"We didn't..send that many" The man gasped "Just enough to cause a distraction. Ten at the most"

Helena shouted out as Kanderin's foot connected with the mans mouth, sending several teeth crashing into the opposite wall, covered in blood. The man drooped as low as he could with his arms still stuck to the walls, screaming out as he tried to stop the flow of blood.

"See, I showed you sympathy and you lied to me, I knew the answer to that one already" Kanderin tutted, taking a small hand towel from the desk and tossing it to Ron "Clean him up, then we'll start on the next questions"

He walked away from the man briefly, unstrapping the harnesses holding the long metallic bar against his leg. When the last one was loose he pulled it free, spinning it in his palm before igniting it. "But this time, we'll see how you like my electricity"

The man sobbed as Kanderin held it out in his outstretched arm, the electricity spitting at the edges barely missing the man's face. A few more millimetres and the sweat droplets running along his cheekbones would ignite, burning his entire face beyond recognition. For a second, he considered just putting him out of his misery and lunging it forward, but realised that'd get them nowhere.

"Hey Ron, how strong a voltage do you think I can put through this thing while still keeping his full attention?" Kanderin smiled, as Ron scratched his head and the man squealed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They left the room while the large puddle of sweat and urine below the man was still sparking, several limbs twitching from the force.

"Kand" Helena called "That was...sadistic"

"Yeah, I should really apologise" Kanderin shrugged "Soon as he got up, I got the red haze of fury, not quite sure what happened"

"Remind me not to tick you off in the immediate future" Joamer gulped, taking one last look at the man before locking the door behind them, it wasn't a pretty sight.

The squad leader grinned back before beginning the trudge back out of the complex, trying to avoid the several broken pieces of ceiling and sparking electrical wires littering the way. The mercenaries had been strong enough to break the front guard of their base, and it was a little demoralising. Afterall, the head of the Vast Empire's forces, the best they had to offer, had their lines broken by such a tiny force. It was subsiding however and the tide had seemed to turn, at least on the local side. Kanderin just hoped Jester and Blackjack were doing as well as they were.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  424
Total Posts:  535
December 28, 2008 2:55:10 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sidled around the corner after the group of stormtroopers and started to run after the alien. He fired from the hip as he ran down the alleyway after the creature they had been fighting for so long. The squads stopped up ahead and stacked up around a doorway in the side of a building, weapons raised they waited. Orobos caught up and raised his rifle.

"What are we waiting for?"

"Once second,"

There was a small clink and then and rough heavy sound of a grenade being rolled along the ground. A explosion followed by a rippled tearing sound as fragments layered the room was their signal as the team of stormtroopers rushed into the building weapons raised.

"Eh, don't people live here?"

"Heard they were evacuated"

"You sure about that?"

A muffled yell caught their attention as one of the strmtroopers was dragged down. The shadow belonging to the alien flew across the room and through a doorway. Laser scattered along the wall after it lighting up the darkened room.

"It's gone upstairs, MOVE!"

The team moved quickly taking the stairs to spot the creature crouched in the window. A shot hit it's shoulder and it fell forward down. Running forward the squad excitedly jostled each other to see the dead alien. There was no sign of it on the ground below them.

"Where the hell is it?"

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  333
December 29, 2008 4:06:02 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was very happy to see that everyone had successfully deactivated all the bombs in time. After the trouble that Requiem and Zeshaun encountered he wasn't sure if everyone would be able to finish. The mercenaries are gonna be pissed. Zeshaun thought, They must of spent hours getting all those bombs activated and placed. He shook his head in disbelief but the sound of gunfire made him raise his head. They could hear yells and screams coming from the direction of the STC head quarters. They all looked at each other and then simultaneously started running toward the head quarters.

Zeshaun stopped, panting, the head quarters seemed to have been attacked but the attackers were gone. Strangely enough their speeder that they left at the entrance of the head quarters had not been destroyed by either the angry mob or the attackers. They hopped into the speeder and they went off down the street, searching for any sign of mercenaries anywhere. The sound of blasters seemed to have driven anybody that was outside, back inside, leaving the streets virtually empty, giving it a hollow eerie feeling. I don't like the looks of this. Zeshaun thought looking down the alley ways.

"Cosmic tells me that the mercenaries are headed back toward the hangar that we were originally protecting." Lucky said, out of the blue.

Zeshaun hadn't been aware that she was speaking with Cosmic. Zeshaun slowed the speeder and turned left at an intersection. Back to the hangar then. Zeshaun thought rolling his eyes. He sped up and the hangar was in sight within a matter of minutes. It seemed that there was some kind of barrier in front of the main entrace.

"What's that..." Alan wondered out loud.

Zeshaun strained his eyes to try and identify the barrier. Suddenly Nick started yelling frantically, telling Zeshaun to stop. Zeshaun was confused but then he took a closer look and saw what Nick was yelling about. There was some random debris stacked on top of each other to make a make shift barrier, with what seemed like an E-web blaster built into the whole thing.

"Oh sithspawn, not one of those." Alan gasped.

Zeshaun spun the vehicle into a small alleyway and cut the engine. He turned back to the squad and asked everyone if they could please all get out of the vehicle, Zeshaun had a plan. He quickly broke open the control panel and started to rewire a couple things to make the speeder go by itself. He eased the speeder back into the street and then let it speed toward the barrier.

Zeshaun watched, hopeful that his ingenious plan would work. As the speeder got closer to the barrier, the E-web started to open fire, burning holes into the speeder. Before the speeder could even crash into the barrier the E-web had taken out the engine, making it come to a stop. Damn, I was sure that was gonna work. Zeshaun thought.

"Well, since that plan didn't work, anyone got any grenades?" Lucky asked.

Everyone shook their heads no. They all sat thinking, not sure what to do. They had no heavy artillery they could use, and in order to get to the hangar they would have to run down the street, a completely flat, barren, area, begging to become a slaughtering ground. Zeshaun nervously checked his rifle, and reloaded it. We've really got ourselves into a corner this time.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  2737
Total Posts:  3342
December 30, 2008 12:13:56 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Something was bugging Angel. He couldn't put his finger on it. Couldn't explain it away. Couldn't ignore it. As the two squads warily approached the building one of the remaining beasts had taken cover in, he quickly replayed the last few conflicts in his mind. From what he could tell, the creatures all basically looked the same, apart from the obvious gender differences and what those entailed. Their garb differed, however, from what Angel could only assume was a caste or warrior class system.

Then he figured out what was plaguing his thought.

Where the Sith is Frozt?

"Jester squad, on me!" Angel commanded over the squad's comlink channel. Without waiting for his squad to form up, Angel took off running back towards the original direction they had been going. Sam and Gio, having been near Angel, were the first to catch up, and he could sense their confused looks hidden behind visors.

"We've only been pursuing one Noghri." Angel wheezed in between breaths. His lungs burned and his legs were gelatinous from the exertion of the day. "It was a goddamned decoy."

Aeos and Jager managed to pick up their pace enough to rejoin Angel's group as they turned another corner towards the spaceport. Glancing over his shoulder as he turned, he caught sight of Jegora, the big man lumbering behind trying like mad to catch his comrades.

"We left Wicket with Jori." Aeos said, her voice coming evenly despite her obvious exhaustion. Her long, graceful strides made the running easier than Angel's own formless steps. "Should we really have left Blackjack back there?"

"No time." Angel exclaimed quickly. The only thing that kept his legs pumping was sheer willpower, and the only thing keeping his willpower going was rage. He couldn't believe he had let himself get fooled by these monsters. He should have known that someone like Frozt would be arrogant enough to leave one behind to save his own ass. He had underestimated his enemy twice today. It would not happen again.

The sights and sounds of the city had all disappeared, and only the haphazard clanking of stormtrooper boots echoing off the buildings gave any sense of occupation. The explosions elsewhere had died off, giving Angel hope that the other squads had completed their objectives. No sooner had he finished this thought, when a new sound cut through the monotonous pounding of feet.

"Slow down you greasy beast!"

Holding up one clenched fist, Jester skidded to a halt at a street corner, and Angel peered around the side of the nearby building.

"Your little friends have probably dealt with them by now, we don't have to run this damn much!"

The last remaining alien was jogging down the street, hopping from cover to cover, almost dragging his atachee behind him. The grey-skinned creature paused as he reached a dumpster, and stopped to sniff the air. His eyes darted back towards the street corner and he emitted a low guttural growl.

Angel ducked back behind the corner, knowing he'd been spotted. He quickly called up a city map on the datapad in his belt pouch. The street they were on ran 300 more meters, then took two quick lefts before reaching a wide thoroughfare which ran straight to the starport. The alien seemed to be keeping to the main streets, not having the familiarity with the planet that the Jester troops did. Angel quickly hashed out a plan, knowing this was their shot to end the conflict.

Peering back around the corner, he caught a fleeting glimpse of their adversary dragging Frozt as quickly as it could around the first corner. It had given up all pretenses of cover, sacrificing defense for speed as it knew it was being tracked.

"Move move move." Angel said over the com. "Jager, you and Aeos are with me, we're cutting through the alley. Sam, Gio, Jegora and Bright, you follow them." He barked out his orders as he was moving, and Jester split into its teams seamlessly once again. A brief smile flashed across Angel's face, although none of his troopers could see it behind the helmet. He made a mental note to get his squad a vacation very soon.

His trio darted through the alley which would take them directly  to the thoroughfare, avoiding the 600 extra meters or so of running the alien and Frozt would have to do. Garbage dumpsters,  stray animals, and the occasional drunken or spiced up bum proved no deterrence for the stormtroopers and they leapt over, around, or just ran through them. The end of the alley was quickly approaching, only a few dozen meters left when suddenly both Aeos and Jager went down behind him with a scream.

Angel whirled with surprise, only to stumble backwards over a cardboard box as he stared face to face with one of the aliens. It was perched on Jager's back, both arms clenched around his neck. It took Angel a second to realize, and another one to rationalize, that this was the same one they thought they killed in the warehouse.

"Ssstop or this one diesss." The female hissed at him. Releasing one of its arms from the deathgrip on Jager, it drew a long, ceremonial looking blade from the sheath on its back. From the corner of his eye, Angel spotted Aeos slumped against the alley wall, not moving.

Angel cursed inwardly, knowing that Frozt and the other creature would be passing the alleyway momentarily. He needed to act now,. He needed a miracle. With Aeos out c...

A primal scream shook Angel out of his frozen state. Aeos, with almost cat-like stealth, had gotten to her feet and pounced on the female. They tumbled to the ground in a heap, and Jager rolled off his stomach and onto his knees. "Go boss, we've got this little bitch!" He shouted before entering the fray with Aeos.

Nodding, Angel twirled and sprinted the final twenty meters out of the alley. Drawing his IR-5 blasters, he crashed through a chain link gate blocking the end of the alley from the street, and skidded to a halt not ten meters in front of Frozt.

The alien and his cargo stopped on a dime. The look on Frozt's face turned from anger to fear as he stared down the barrels of Angel's weapons. Peering over the alien's shoulders, Angel spotted the rest of Jester bearing down on their position.

"Surrender." Angel barked through his armor's external speaker. "You've got nowhere left to run, and you need not die here today."

The alien hissed at Angel, throwing every bit of defiance it had left into it. He could tell that the grey-skinned beast knew it was caught, but his resolve to keep fighting was clear.

Angel couldn't help but be in awe of them.

"Ja'k Frozt." Angel said evenly, "In the name of the Vast Empire, I place you under arrest."

"DO SOMETHING!" The slicer screamed at his alien protector.

Silence was the answer he received as the alien breathed heavily through its nostrils, contemplating. Self preservation was every sentient beings highest priority, no matter the training or brainwashing it received. Angel knew the warrior didn't want to die here. But he also knew that its honor was tied to his duty which much to its dismay, was the cowering, whimpering, Frozt. It knew that if he turned over his charge and surrendered, death awaited him. The dishonor of failing his mission without spilling the blood of his enemies would stain his bloodline forever.

The alien's eyes flicked back and forth as it surveyed the rest of Jester who had moments ago arrived and leveled their weapons at it. Giving one final hiss, the beast let go of Frozt's collar and tossed him to the duracrete.

"You cansss have him, but I will not sssurender."

With incredulous speed, the alien leapt at Angel, closing the ten meter gap almost instantaneously. Shock almost got Angel killed as he barely avoided a similar ornate blade the female Aeos and Jager were fighting held. He fell backwards to the ground, immediately rolling to his right as the blade sparked against the ground he had just been occupying.

"Gio, Sam! Get Frozt out of here!" Angel managed to shout. The Noghri pressed the advantage it held on Angel, throwing quick and accurate gashes at the stormtrooper, not letting him get to his feet. "Jeg, go help Aeos!"

Avoiding another swipe by the narrowest of margins, Angel took a  clawed foot to the face. His helmet popped off and the metallic twang of blood filled his mouth, accompanied by the sickening crunch of a broken nose. Fighting through the momentary daze, Angel rolled over his shoulder and managed to finally get his feet.

The alien paused it's assault and snarled. "Fight me with honor," it challenged Angel.

The Jester Squad leader saw out of the corner of his eye that Gio and Sam were now dragging Frozt away, while the sounds of the brawl in the alley continued. Focusing back on his own task at hand, Angel drew his vibroblade from its sheath on his hip. Using his free hand, he unclipped the breastplate of his armor. The piece clattered as it hit the ground, followed shortly by the arm pieces.

Stretching his arms and back with newfound freedom, Angel focused his mind and flashed a feral smile at the alien. "As you wish."

The rest of the squad being occupied with other tasks gave Angel the freedom to use a bit more of his talents. He knew that the only chance he stood was to stay on the offensive, with the sheer speed advantage his opponent held would be the death of him if he got put on the defensive. Using a reverse grip on the vibroblade, it's business edge running along the length of his forearm, Angel darted for his adversary. Utilizing the unique grip, he was able to throw out a multitude of slashes, using sweeping strikes and his bodies momentum to keep the up the assault. The enemy however, was up to the challenge. Parrying or dodging every strike Angel threw.

A quick strike on a diagonal was followed by a roundhouse kick aimed for the alien's stomach. Planting its feet, it let the blade travel mere millimeters from its face, and grabbed Angel's foot as it struck. Twirling nimbly on one foot, it swept the sergeant's leg and sent him crashing to the ground.

Rolling with the momentum Angel put his hands over his shoulders and handsprung back to his feet, pausing only an instant before resuming his assault. They two traded blow after blow, few hitting their mark, even fewer causing enough damage to slow either combatant. Abruptly, the creature changed tactics and countered another horizontal slash by driving it's bony head into Angel's chest. The big man fell backwards, but managed to bring his knees to his chest and use the force of impacting the ground to vault the alien over his head.

It landed in a three point stance, skidding a few meters across the duracrete to a halt. Angel and the alien both paused momentarily, each breathing heavily and bleeding from a dozen cuts across their bodies.

"Now itsss my turn." It hissed. The creature leapt back towards Angel, bouncing across the ground and moving in unpredictable patterns. Angel swiped time and again, but hit only air. The alien expertly slashed at him, opening cuts on his left arm, leg, and chest. The alien acrobatics forced Angel to retreat, and he knew he was screwed. He was completely defensive, in the sense that he couldn't attack, but none of his maneuvers could stop the relentless assault on him. Three more gashes appear across his back and the sergeant dropped to his knees, howling in pain.

Sensing impending victory, the vicious creature backed off its attack, backflipping neatly in front of the injured Jester.

"Yousss are a worhty opponentsss." The creature forced out in between heavy breaths. "It isss an honor."

Angel merely glared back. He didn't care about the honor of the fight. He didn't care about the amount of blood he was losing. He only cared about what this thing had done. The dozens...possibly hundreds of innocent civilians it had killed during it little visit to Tadath. Rage filled Angel's veins like a fiery liquor, stinging every cell of his body. His mind had devolved into a burning cloud of darkness, with only one thought pervading his entire consciousness.

Kill

Letting out a primal scream Angel charged once again. Blood poured freely from a gash across his chest, staining the ground as he moved. As he closed the gap, he switched grips on the blade, and rather than swipe at his opponent, he reached back and threw the knife at the alien. It soared towards it's target, who waited for the last instant to avoid the weapon...only to dodge straight into Angel's fist.

The sickening sound of bones snapping filled the streets as three of Angel's fingers broke. The alien's head spun with the sheer force of the blow. Dazed, it couldn't fend off the mindless fury with which Angel attacked. Fist after fist struck home on the creature's head, chest, and abdomen. A booted foot caught it in the back of the head spilling it onto the concrete.  Pressing the attack, Angel pounced on the back of his opponent and grabbed the back of it's head. He slammed it into the ground again and again, losing count after the first few. Skull cracked, and blood spattered up, splashing across the sergeant's face. The alien's body went limp, but the bloodrage Angel was in didn't register that fact. He just kept pounding and pounding until he was almost smacking bare fist into the concrete.

Strong arms gripped him by the shoulders and lifted him off the back of the dead and now almost headless alien body. Not recognizing his squadmates in his frenzy, he struggled against them. Shouts rang in his ears, yet sounded miles away as if echoing from far off places.

As his strength ebbed and his racing heart forced more and more blood from his body, Angel's resistance faded. The edges of his vision were tinted with darkness, and the cold, unfeeling hand of unconsciousness tore him from reality.
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 30, 2008 12:15:24 AM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  52
December 31, 2008 11:21:24 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem watched as the squad slowly formed together and than created a small blob which than pulsated back and forth as they than paced and thought. Requiem slowly looked back through the alley as he saw the E-web surveying the area slowly looking at the heap in front of it and wondering where the people who sent the vehicle toward it were so that it could get done with it's job. Requiem winced as the than raised his hand to his chin and began to rub it slowly thinking about what was going on currently. Requiem slowly smiled and than walked into the middle of the circle and slowly raised his finger into the air.

Requiem inhaled deeply eager to get his answer out fast and easy. " I have an idea "

Lucky looked around her person wondering if their was any others had idea's so that she could pool them together or that they could have a vote. " We're open for idea's ." She said with a sigh.

Requiem sprinted through his idea and gasped at the end of it. " Okay we run down the street head-on but in different position's not staying in the same position for a long amount of time. This will confuse the E-web and than we get to the speeder. We use the speeder for cover only for a fraction of the time so we can figure out what to do next since the vehicle will probably explode over prolonged pressure from the weapon. " Requiem exhaled slowly as he than looked around his person waiting for any objections.

They slowly shrugged as they than ran out of the alley. The e-web looked around and tried to get a good lock on a significant person but they stayed stationery for less time than it imagined. Requiem smiled as the barrel slowly strayed in different direction's trying to fire. almost [i] Requiem smiled as they than regrouped back at the vehicle as the E-web slowly began to fire on the vehicle once more. Requiem slowly winced as the vehicle slowly began to creak and scream under pressure the squad looked to each other and than slowly spoke out.

The squad slowly looked to Requiem with a certain look in their eye's wondering what was ahead " What next ? "

Requiem slowly shrugged as they than regained their position's.[i] we don't have much time left, this thing could blow at any second.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  339
January 1, 2009 10:57:22 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun jumped, everytime the E-web hit the speeder he thought it would explode. we're stuck now... Zeshaun thought. Lucky motioned for everyone to go back to the alley way before the speeder blew up. When they were safe behind the building again they started talking. People started to give ideas but Nick's was the best. They would circle around the long way and use grapples to climb to the roof of the hangar, from their they could drop in and take the E-web out from the inside.

They circled around the hangar using back alley ways and smaller streets so that the mercenaries might not notice their movement. In 10 minutes they had reached the back wall of the hangar. Other than the row of windows it was virtually blank. Lucky took the lead and shot her grappling hook up to the roof, it caught and she started to climb up. Zeshaun took out his hook and it took him a few tries to get it hooked on something but it finally did and he started climbing as well.

They regrouped on the roof, the squad decided that it was best to sneak in, rather than drop in through the roof. Alan found a door that lead to what seemed like a control tower. The crept through the door, trying to make as little noise as possible. As they snuck by the windows of the control room Zeshaun could see the mercenaries trying to fix up a shuttle so they could escape.

If we don't stop that, all the fighting and blood shed would have been for nothing. Zeshaun thought fingering the trigger to his rifle tenderly. Lucky stopped them all before they entered the hangar.

"Requiem, Nick and I will go try to take out the E-web." Lucky whispered. "Zeshaun, Nova, and Alan will keep the other mercenaries busy, we'll try to join you after we take care of the E-web."

They nodded, Zeshaun was eager to finish the job and go back to the safe feeling he always felt when he was on base. Zeshaun followed Alan, sneaking around behind huge crates and boxes. The mercenaries seemed to be talking and they hadn't noticed either Lucky or Alan's groups walking around.

Alan motioned for everyone to fan out and, line up a shot. There were only 6 mercenaries inside the building, working on the shuttle. By the sound of things, they were fairly close to making the shuttle flyable. Alan's voice broke the silence.

"Fire." Alan's voice was flat and emotionless.

Zeshaun pulled the trigger and took out a mercenary, leaving a clean hole through his neck. Zeshaun looked for another target but they seemed to be hiding. Zeshaun slowly stood up to see if he could spot one. A bolt nearly hit his shoulder and he ducked down immediately. Well, here we go again. Zeshaun's hopes that the fight would be quick and easy went down the drain.

The sound of blasters and the rattling of the E-web could be heard, I hope they're alright. Zeshaun thought peeking out from around a corner. He saw the leg of one of the mercenaries sticking out from behind the shuttle. Zeshaun carefully aimed and fired a shot. The man grabbed his leg and fell out from his cover, eyes exploding with pain. The man still had a gun in his hand and immediately started shooting at Zeshaun before he could put in a finishing shot.

Zeshaun waited until the man's blaster ran out of power and he whipped around and killed the man with one quick shot to the chest. Zeshaun hadn't noticed he was holding his breath and he let it out Weird. Zeshaun thought, breathing normally again.

By the sound of it Alan and Novacaine had also finished off their share of targets. Zeshaun stood to get the attention of both of them but saw the hangar door open and he ducked back down when he saw a couple more men enter the hangar.

"Alan." Zeshaun said, warningly.

"Yeah I see them." Alan said, in an annoyed voice. "Let's finish this."
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1192
Total Posts:  1795
January 1, 2009 12:19:40 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Alan" Zeshaun said warningly.

"Yeah I see them" replied Alan in an annoyed voice, "let's finish this".

The two mercenaries stormed into the hangar bay.  Alan brought both of his blasters up to bear on the latest threat.  Letting loose with two shots, his eyes widened when the mercenaries dove for cover and bolts flew over their heads.  Damn, they're good thought Alan.

Zeshaun was equally surprised with the mercenaries deftness.  Nova roared in defiance.  Alan waved Zeshaun to the left and Nova to the right.

Looking from his position, Alan glanced to see if he could locate any of the mercenaries.  As soon as he started to glance his position was hit by multiple blaster bolts.  Damn cursed Alan as he ducked back.

Zeshaun from his position spotted that Alan was pinned down.  It didn't take him too long before he identified where the mercenary was firing from.  He lined up his weapon and prepared his shot when a voice spoke that sent a chill through him.

"I don't think so" said the other mercenary as he pointed his blaster at Zeshaun's forehead.  Zeshaun waited for the sound of the blaster but heard a noise that was a lot better.

Nova let out a large roar and Zeshaun saw a glimpse of fur as he dived past Zeshaun and tackled the mercenary.  Zeshaun was about to help out but remembered Alan's predicament.

Zeshaun lined up his shot and fired.  The mercenary had incredible reflexes as upon hearing the shot he whirled to escape.  His reflexes were not quick enough as he was struck in his knee joint, instantly shattering it.  The mercenary let out a yelp and Alan knew his luck was in.

Alan quickly grabbed the opportunity presented to him and got out from his hiding position.  He saw the mercenary laying on the ground clutching his knee in agony.  Alan pointed his blaster at the mercenary and he knew his life was going to end.  The mercenary yelled at Alan as Alan fired bringing the mercenaries life to a close.

Both Zeshaun and Alan whirled round to see if Nova needed any assistance but they spotted the other mercenary laying on the ground, his body twisted in a way that looked unnatural.  I wonder how many bones got broken thought Alan as he looked on at the body.

"Let's se how Lucky's group is getting on" called out Alan.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited January 1, 2009 12:31:18 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:06:32 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 723  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >