Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  53
Total Posts:  75
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
January 1, 2009 12:31:52 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem slowly bounded after Lucky and Nick wondering why the squad's stealth objective didn't work out exactly as they planned. Requiem winced and than round a corner to see the E-web continuously firing down the barren street hitting the oncoming mercenaries. malfunction Requiem slowly stumbled over to the control panel of the E-web trying to get to its main control system, so that he could shut it down from the inside. His hand's slowly shook from the pressure but he calmed himself down as he grabbed a small pair of Wire cutter's.

Requiem slowly flexed his hand as he slowly grasped the small tool and than placed it against the wire of the large E-web protecting the perimeter of the large building. Requiem slowly looked over the large array of multi-colored wires in front of him slowly, he slowly grazed from each wire to next trying to make sure it was the correct wire he cut since it could explode if he had hit the energy valve. Requiem winced as he fully looked to the wire's and slowly touched one. A shock reverberated through the wire and was sent through his arm.

" Sithspawn " Requiem choked out as smoke filtered through his hand Nick and Lucky helped him up.

" Energy field. . .okay, Requiem you get to the control room and shut down their weapons power system we wont have that much time since the back-up generator's will activate so we'll cut the wire yourself, tell me when your ready. " Lucky replied with an eager tone to get this done.

Requiem slowly tensed his hand and rubbed his left hand on his wrist and than dropped them both to his sides " Okay im ready. . . "

Lucky nodded and than sprung up she slowly walked to the edge of the cat-walk and looked down a long hallway with a small strobe light on the top of its ceiling. Requiem followed her glance and slowly nodded as he than thanked them slowly and walked down into he darkness of the hallway. He rotated on the spot  as he heard the hangar bay door's open to reveal more mercenaries running through it trying to protect their stronghold. He winced and than hid behind a metal canister as a mercenary ran by him leaving a small door open with Security System Room plastered across the glass. Heh Lucky

Requiem without a backward glance grabbed his right IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistol as he got out of cover and than fired it down the hallway after the mercenary, a high-pitched yelp was heard as the mercenary crumpled to the floor in a heap from the sudden attack. Requiem slowly placed it back to his side but kept his hand firmly on it's hilt. He slowly walked through the door only to see a mercenary activating the control's of a small weapon's turret harboring in the rafter's of the large building and was beginning to get his sight's on Lucky and Nick beside the E-web control panel.

Requiem slowly grabbed the door behind him and closed it gently as to not make to much unneeded sound. He walked over to the mercenary as he grabbed a FSK-7 Combat Knife from his side and grasped it ready to kill the enemy threatening to kill his comrades. He winced as he heard the door open and a mercenary stumbled in looking at the odd pose Requiem was in with the mercenary in front of him unknowing. Requiem slowly topped breathing and stepped into the shadow's staying directly behind the mercenary wondering if this plight could take out the mercenary in front of him.

The mercenary saw Requiem with the knife in his hand and yelled" What the hell ? "

Requiem dropped to the floor as he fired and it penetrated the mercenary he was already planning on killing in his spinal cavity. Requiem smiled as he than threw his knife into the knee of the mercenary in front of him, he winced in pain as it connected through the bone and he lowered to the floor. Requiem grabbed his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistol from his side and than fired at the mercenaries head in a fluid like movement as he tried to get a shot of Requiem who was already ready to finish his work. Requiem slowly paced his face in a strange pose as he looked at the blood currently on the large window in front of him which gave him an overhead look of the entire bay.

" Hello ? " Requiem spoke into his ComLink as he than began to tinker with the control's in front of him.

" You there already ? " Lucky asked as she saw the hangar bay door's slowly begin to close and lock themselves in as to make sure there not going to be more reinforcements for the mercenaries.

" Yeah, okay the shield should be down on the E-web " Requiem said as he himself saw the shield on the E-web slowly sputter and lose energy as its unusual aura slowly went back to a metallic view.

Requiem watched as Lucky slowly cut the blue wire int he center as the artillery sputtered and than lost energy. He turned around to see a large dial on the panel slowly radiate to 0 which Requiem suspected it to be the weapon's defenses. He smiled and than grasped control of the weapon's the mercenary was using. I could help out a lot from here Requiem slowly examined the control's and noticed that the weapon wasn't stationery when he moved a small switch. He than noticed the large weapon was a EAW-25/4 Chimera Heavy Weapons Platform and he smiled as the rest of the mercenaries fell from it's power. there all done. . .now time to get out of here.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  341
Total Posts:  896
January 1, 2009 5:12:07 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun caught up with Alan before they had left the hangar and pointed out that they should probably disable the shuttle, just in case Frozt, the Noghri or more mercenaries came back to look for a ship. Alan through a glance toward the door, there was no sound of blasters so that meant that either they were all dead or they had completed their mission. Let's hope it's the later. Zeshaun thought, trying to push the idea of dead squad mates out of his head.

Zeshaun found that the shuttle was almost in working condition, only a few more nuts and bolts had to be tightened and it would have been space worthy. Wow, they did all this in that short amount of time, I'm impressed. Zeshaun thought, the ship was so well fixed up it was almost a shame to take it apart. Zeshaun reluctantly started cutting wires and unscrewing screws. He worked quickly, just in case Lucky did need their help.

It turned out that Lucky, Nick, and Requiem all returned back to the hangar before they even finished stripping down the shuttle, the three of them joined in making it go faster.

Alan cut the last wire and they put all the tools back where they were found. The hangar door started to open Zeshaun looked, he wasn't expecting any other squads, or troops to be joining them. Wonder who that could be. Zeshaun thought, reloading his rifle and setting it on his leg. The familiar sound of an engine and the sound of repulsors reached Zeshaun's ears.

A medium sized, ship hovered into the hangar. It was long and looked to have at least a turret on the top. It stopped at the entrance and the doors in the sides opened up. 6 mercenaries jumped out and stretched. Zeshaun felt like he was going to kill himself. These guys never stop. Zeshaun thought hoisting his rifle up and lining up a shot.
OOC:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Personnel_Carrier

"Aim for their heads, if you shoot, move, even if you don't hit them." Lucky said quickly. "That turret on the ship will get you if you stay put too long."

Zeshaun took the initiative and fired. His shot hit one of the mercenaries in the eye, causing the man to crumple screaming in a agony for a few seconds before dieing. Zeshaun got up and ran to another crate. He loaded the shotgun portion of his rifle. Here we go.[/] Zeshaun jumped up and fired the shotgun at the group of confused mercenaries. He clipped a couple of people, possible injuring them and he hit one man dead on, leaving a bunch of holes in his chest.

Zeshaun got up again, and just as he moved to the next box he saw that the crate he was hiding behind had turned into a bonfire. [i]That was close.
Zeshaun peaked up and saw the turret aiming at him again. Damn Zeshaun jumped up and ran as fast as he could behind a concrete beam.

"Somebody take out the turret." Alan yelled.

It seemed the surviving mercenaries hid inside their transport, which was well armored and the squads weapons didn't do much good.

"What condition is that other E-web in,"Alan asked. "The one's you guys disabled." He motioned toward lucky.

Lucky said that it was only broken, but she could fix it if she got some time. Zeshaun volunteered to go with her for support. Alan nodded and decided that everyone else would stay and hold off he mercenaries if they decided to go on the offensive.

Zeshaun followed after Lucky, they were both sprinting back toward the E-web. We need this E-web, our squad is depending on us. Zeshaun thought, The idea of al those people relying on his was slightly nerve racking but Zeshaun tried to stay focused and just chased after Lucky turning corners here and there. They had turned so many corners that soon, Zeshaun had no idea how to get back. I hope LUcky knows where she's going.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1193
Total Posts:  1795
January 1, 2009 6:42:40 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched Zeshaun leave with Lucky.  A large part of him wished it was him that was going to lend assistance but he knew his place was here.

"Fan out" ordered Alan.

Alan watched as the squad moved in separate locations.  He knew that it would give the turret a more difficult time if the squad was well spread out but he knew it was only a matter of time before the turret acquired them.

Alan moved behind a crate and fired at the APC.  He wasn't surprised to see the bolts bouncing off its armor but it made him feel better.  He hated the feeling of being useless but right now their very survival was in the hands of Lucky and Zeshaun.

Alan watched as the turret swivelled and aimed itself at Nick.  Alan watched on and fired at it.

"Nick, get out of there!" shouted Alan down the com.

Alan watched as Nick leapt out of his hiding place as the turret opened fire.  That was close thought Alan as he looked to see where or who the turret was going to next.

Alan's eyes opened wide as the turret glared down on him.  Oh hell thought Alan as he stood up and started to run.  The crate that he had been hiding behind erupted in a ball of flame an Alan was flung forward.

Alan stood up slowly and shook his head.  Glancing up he saw the turret was swivelling around again searching for another target.

What the hell is keeping Lucky and Zeshaun thought Alan as he knew that the squad would not last long with this turret.

Alan got onto the com and said "Lucky, Zeshaun, I hope you are hearing me cause we need your help and we need it soon".

Really soon he thought as he wondered where the turret was going next.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  343
Total Posts:  896
January 1, 2009 8:48:46 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun and Lucky were both running as fast as they could with the tripod in Zeshaun's hands, and the blaster part in Lucky's when Alan's voice urged them to hurry along. Damn, if only these things weren't so heavy. Zeshaun thought cursing the E-web. Lucky and Zeshaun fixed up the E-web as quickly as possible and had been retracing their steps. Unfortunately they had gotten lost more than once.

"There!" Lucky shouted.

She was pointing to the door, and the familiar sound of blasters. Zeshaun ground his legs and blasted through the doors, surprising everyone so much that the sound of blasters came to a halt. They immediately started up again but this time Lucky and Zeshaun added the additional firepower from the E-web on their side.

Even with the E-web, the transport did not seem to be wavering under the constant fire. The turret caused Lucky and Zeshaun to have to move from place to place, so that they wouldn't be turned into bantha fodder. Zeshaun saw the turret aim for someone else and saw a crate erupt in flames and a cloud of splinters rose into the air, the squad couldn't dodge the turret forever. Damn, what did I learn in class.. Zeshaun tried to remember what his teachers had told him in his vehicle crewman classes. right, the turret is the weakest part of the ship. Zeshaun remembered.

Zeshaun told Lucky and she aimed the blaster toward the top, the bolts hit around the turret, and the metal became visibly red from the heat and in a couple of minutes it blew up sending the turret across the hangar and the screams of the men hit by the melted metal. Lucky motioned for the squad to move in, she stayed at the E-web, watching out for any new enemies that may arrive.

Zeshaun followed Alan up to the vehicle and they flanked the doors. Alan motioned for Zeshaun to open the door, so Zeshaun did. They stormed inside and found the bodies of 7 mercenaries, not dead, but all badly burned. Alan rounded them up and tied them to random crates around the hangar.

"Well glad that's done." Alan said.

Zeshaun laughed and nodded, he was getting really tired of these mercenaries popping in. They all regrouped around Lucky and the E-web trying to decide what to do. It seemed all their objectives were done, and hopefully they had taken care of all the mercenaries, if not they had taken out their fair share. They sat, guarding the hangar, just so they had something to do, when Lucky's voice came in over the comm.

"Guys, we got a new objective, regroup on me."
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  434
Total Posts:  2159
January 3, 2009 10:26:33 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The first team of stormtroopers had already entered and exchanged fire with the aliens.

"Army troops! Create a perimeter, and shoot anything that isn't wearing the Imperial Insignia!" Gates ordered to the third squad.

"Jester's leaving!" Corporal Verkur announced.

"They must have bigger fish to fry. Maybe they spotted another- no matter! We have to contain this one, it's killed enough people," Gates said. "BlackJack, clear this building!"

Finally, the alien had made a tactical mistake; wounded and probably desperate, it had fled to the first unlocked door it could find; unfortunately for it, there were only a pair of windows, heavy walls, and one major door, the front.

"Boss!" Gates waved to get his SL's attention as BARman and Verkur entered the building, weapons raised defensively.

"Gates?" replied Tanus, lifting his Samurai Edge and shrugging.

"We can just burn the apartment down if we can't find it. Nowhere for it to go," replied the ASL, walking next to Tanus.

"Last resort. I'm sure command doesn't want us to do to much collateral damage."

"Copy that, boss."

The two BlackJack officers entered the building last, the other three teams, one of Verk and BARman, one of Dinin and Tank, and the last, Orobos and two army lances, already exploring the building, hunting for the last, injured alien.

"Kitchen area clear!" "Main lobby, clear!" "Nothin' here in the bar!"

"Search everywhere! We can't let this thing get loose in the city again!" ordered Tanus, searching a closet.

Gates switched to thermal imaging. He found the three other teams as hot spots, meticulously checking rooms. He found one other hot spot, though, and it was either a child or an alien, and there were only so many signatures.

"I've found it. Second room, second floor. I'll drive it out- firing!" Garryll said.

He pointed his A-280 at the ceiling and pulled the trigger. Scarlet bolts blasted from the rifle. Each bolt was powerful enough to cut a man in half. The wood-and-metal floor had no chance. The floor near the alien was shredded by dozens of rounds.

"It's on the move! Take it down!" yelled Tanus, also turning his fire to the ceiling. The stampeding of booted feet brought the other stormtroopers, who fired through walls, through doors, gaps in the torn up walls.

And still the alien was elusive, but it was taking its final toll. It could anticipate, but it didn't know where the fire would come from, how much; sound was deceptive, muffled, directed from a dozen directions; sight was clouded by blinding blue and red and yellow bolts and storms of dust and incinerated wood and metal; the soldiers smelt of nothing.

It took a hit in the upper shoulder, blowing the limb off. It screamed, an inhuman thing; then it stamped the floor.

Weakened by hundreds of laser blasts, it collapsed, falling into another dust storm of rubble. Tanus dropped his spent weapon, dove onto the alien. With inhuman, desperate, adrenaline-infused strength, it threw the BlackJack officer off it. Gates tackled its legs, only to be kicked hard enough in the helmet to make him lose consciousness.

He woke a second later to see the alien highlighted in the door for a split second, then-

It was highlighted by a painfully bright light, dozens of the army troopers filling it with laser blasts from their positions. Finally, it collapsed, so riddled you could see organs and the puddle of blood it lay in.

The death rattle was harsh, but carried a voice; "I die with honor......"

Gates helped his leader up, then removed his helmet. "Looks like we got him, the bastard."

"Yeah," replied the SL, wiping dust off of his armor. "We got 'em."
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  426
Total Posts:  535
January 3, 2009 11:21:07 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos spun around at the shout followed by blaster fire. The Muffled thump of heavy boots hitting the floor all around the house shook it with a rhythmic, rolling footsteps. Motioning to the two troopers he was searching the upper floors with. They ran out into the thin dimly lit hall and ran to the stairs.

"Be prepared for close quarter fighting, or more likely to be smacked aside by the alien. Either way be ready."

Reaching the stairs there was only about fifteen or so steps down to the next floor. Ignoring this Orobos jumped down the stairs his armoured legs collapsing from under him upon hitting the floor feeling the floorboards crumple slightly under his weight.

He'd falling over slightly and was supporting himself on the wall. Orobos raised his weapon as the other two troopers reached the bottom of the stairs. There were about six others already in the hall, all of whom had weapons raised and pointed at the doorway were the shouts of Blackjacks ASL and SL came from.

The figure of the alien having somehow found a way past the stormtroopers appeared in the doorway. The rest of Blackjack and the army troopers were ready to confront it firing the moment it paused in the doorway. The thing collapsed sliding down the door frame.

Though injuries caused by laser weapons generally cauterised the wounds and therefore stopped bleeding there was just so much damage inflicted on the creature. Huge gaping holes in it's torso revealed pools of a thick, dark, sludge obviously the aliens blood.

Tanus emerged followed by Gates both of them their armour battered and covered in the same sludge now oozing from the wounds of the creature lying dead in the hallway. Tanus motioned to them to follow. The Army troopers moved outside to secure the area around the house. Blackjack stopped outside in the middle of the street.

"Alright, we just need to get some information from command."

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Rawr
ComNet n00b

Rawr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  112
January 4, 2009 7:06:47 PM    View the profile of Rawr 
Private Kristof O’Neill slowly crept down the street, keeping his head down, and out of sight. This was his first actual mission, he had done a few things outside of the Empire, but never anything that was too dangerous. Here, he did not know what to think, what to look for; it was all so new to him. If only he knew anything about the situation; he was completely in the dark.

“Find your squad, and turn over your data crystal with the transfer orders.” He was told before being sent out.

Easier said than done, he had no idea where his squad, Blackjack, they were somewhere around … well … somewhere.

“Damn it…” he muttered to himself.

He heard a noise behind him, but it was faint and could have just been small sounds from the distance, he made the mistake of shrugging it off as such. It would have been a lot safer for him to investigate, though in the end doing that would have gotten him killed, if not faster.
Then out of nowhere, or more namely a darkened area behind him, something appeared, it scared the hell out of him. He had no idea what it was. It threw him down, and pinned him against the ground. He could tell it was there to kill him. It was as if he could tell that this … thing … has no other intention in its mind.
The … thing... pulled out a small combat blade; Kristof broke away and rolled a small distance away. The creature got up and slowly walked towards him. Kristof fumbled for his rifle… it was gone, he must of dropped it when the creature jumped him. His pistol, his last hope, he grabbed it out of the holster, and aimed it at the creature’s head.
A single shot went off, darting past the creature’s head, Kristof looked… he had yet to fire his pistol. As the creature took off running, he dove behind a crate, still unsure of what fired at him.

“You can come out now, we scared it off.” Someone yelled over, Kristof could tell from his voice that he was trying to hold laughter.

He looked over the crate, to see Imperial troopers. He almost wanted to laugh about how much this event had scared him, but decided against it. He stood, took a look down the street where the creature took off running, and began to walk over towards the group of people.

“You dropped this.” One of them said, from the looks of it he was the one in charge.

Kristof took the rifle from the man, “Thanks… “ he said.

“What squad are you with?” the man asked.

“I am a new placement from the academy, I was told to report to Blackjack Squad.” He replied.

“Well, congratulations, you found them. You transfer papers?”

“Right ,” he reached for the crystal that he had tucked away in a pouch… it was crushed.

“Heh, well… we will have to get the paperwork done later. What’s your name?”

“Private Kristof O’Neill.”

“Alright, Private; form up and keep alert.”
Private Kristof "Rawr" O'Neill
TRP / PVT "Rawr" / 2SQD / 2PLT / 1COM / 1RGT / 1BAT / Tadath / VEA / VE

BlackJack Squad
You don't hit us. We hit you. --- BlackJack Motto
Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2226
Total Posts:  3141
January 4, 2009 11:24:25 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Jegora,” Aeos snapped authoritatively and she pointed to the bloody heap that still moved too much for it to be considered dead.

The giant nodded, his eyes briefly resting on the hand rubbing her shoulder. To no surprise, it was injured. Aeos winced, the tackle from earlier she had launched to the female noghri had proved to be fatal yet none too effective on her behalf. Jager followed her soon, and with Jegora upon orders of Angel rushed in to help them.  The close combat was dangerous and extremely risky, but the female was already injured so severely, it had helped them, giving them a humongous edge over her. Jegora only needed to pin her for two seconds, and in a flash Jager and Aeos both ran another bolt through her skull. 

“Jeg, your orders, get to it,” Aeos snapped again, though in a much softer tone, while she tried to shake his face out of her subconscious.

Jegora took a few long strides away from her, the dust his dirty boots kicked up dust which swirled momentarily before they would start to cling to the thick blood splattered and smeared across the white plating of his armor.

He stooped down to the bloody heap that still emitted crunching bones and hard groans. With a grunt, his arms clasped Angel’s frantic arms and shoulders into a lock, and with another heave Jegora successfully managed to detach Angel’s bloody form from the massacred Noghri down at their feet. Despite Jegora’s sheer size and strength, Angel still managed to put him off balance with all his struggling.

“Jager!” Jegora called through his teeth.

The human sprinted over immediately, leaving Aeos with the now dead noghri. She however soon followed as well. Together Jager and Jegora pinned Angel down, talking in soothing yet strong voices with him. Whether it was effective or not, Angel slumped into unconsciousness after a few moments, the severity of his injuries now overwhelming him.  Aeos darted with the last few steps into a hastened pace and knelt beside his still frame in Jager and Jegora’s arms.

She forced one of his eyes open, while keeping a finger on his pulse.
“He’s fine for now, though just for now,” she muttered in a worried voice.
“I’ll meet up with Tanus and Garyll to escort Frozt’ to the command, I don’t care what Jikk feels like, he’s staying in the hospital wing,”

“Yeah, I’m picking you up after the meeting to join him,” Jegora muttered with a grin.

He heaved Angel carefully and cradled him into his massive arms, the weight not seeming to bother his strong frame. Jager grinned as well and pulled a cigarette into his mouth. Aeos sighed and rolled her eyes, glad they were able to jest like this still. It was over.  She flipped out her communicator.

“Tanus?”

“Copy you Aeos,”

“We have Frozt; meet you in one hour east of the simulator blocks?” At the fountain there?”

“Sounds good, and it’s nice to hear you’re alive,”

“Same to you, hope the squad is fine as well,”

“Just in need of a drink, but we’re good,”

“Awesome, Angel is out for the moment, if you need something-“

“Talk with you, got it. See you later,”

“Copy that, out”

Aeos flipped her communicator close, but upon the second of clipping it back to one the straps of her utility belt, she pulled it back to her mouth, rethinking the decision.

“Jesters, report to me ASAP. Gio, Sam, bring Frozt with you, we’ll wait at the exact spot where he was arrested…since honestly…I don’t have a clue where we are.”

Aeos grinned at Jag en Jegora blushingly before snapping the communicator shut and clipping it away.
She stepped a few paces away from them, and leaned against the building. It was covered in scorches and scars, but not yet demolished. With a sigh, she pulled the gloves off her hands and discarded it to the dusty grovel ground beneath them. Her helmet clattered soon afterwards.

“Erm, Aeos…” Jegora started carefully. The look of annoyance she threw at him forced him to bite his tongue.

“Before they rebuild this section of the city, they will send cleaning droids through first. Protocol for goodness knows what. My armor is coded and marked. Do the math, I’m not wearing or carrying it for another second,”

Aeos scowled stubbornly and continued to strip the armor off her tired body. Clad only in the thick spandex suit with plated boots and the utility belt, Aeos threw Jager and Jegora a playful grin.

“And don’t even think about saying anything Jager, “

Briefly Aeos scowled again before her playful mood settled in permanently. She couldn’t care less what her squadies thought right now. The mission was over! Finally they were done. No more helmets, no more stifling headgear, mouth gear, hand gear or footgear. To feel the subtle yet cool breeze blowing across her face and the coolness of it seeping through her spandex suit made Aeos utterly happy to be alive again.

A sharp wolf whistle from Gio broke Aeos’ attention. The trooper met her grin with a smirk, both him and Sam ignoring the stifled grunts of their prisoner held between their two strong grips.  She cast their prisoner a cursory glance.  The man had put up enough of a fight for Sam and Gio to knock him out of this world and he now sported two blackened eyes along with the bags underneath them. His face was ashen and gaunt covered in a shimmer of sweat. His thin straw hair stuck to the skins, and it was in fact difficult for Aeos to take note of anything that would be remarkably distinguishing about him.

“Love the new clothes Ae,” Giovanni muttered with a grin.

Jegora raised an eyebrow at Aeos and sighed again with a disapproving comment under his breath.  Jori had in the meanwhile joined them as well now Gasping because of a lack of breath but alive and well otherwise. The young zabrak threw her a tired thumbs-up as he passed her to join Jager and Jegora’s side.
“Wicket is already waiting for us at the med-bay, and Bright is with him,” Sam muttered before Aeos could ask.

“Ah, good, well let’s get going, “

Together, the squad started their way back through the city, meeting several friends and other squads on the road. Either sent to clean up or heading back as well for medical care, some rest and a drink.
They finally reached the med-bay about thirty minutes later. Weary and tired. With Angel now receiving the medical attention he denied hours earlier, Aeos finally felt at ease. Frozt was being guarded outside by Jegora and Jager.

“Rightio boys, Bright, we’re going to do our delivery quickly and then we’ll be right back, stay in bed and rest. Don’t worry about anything, you’ve done well. I’m sure Angel is all extremely proud of you for carrying yourselves the way you did the past few days,”  Aeos muttered them in a soft voice, ignoring the few glances of annoyance thrown at her from other beds filled with strangers.

The Jesters grinned at her, all somewhere in the various processes of being bandaged and assessed by med bots. Aeos was continuously slapping away the one wiry arm of a medbot who failed to understand her logic of denial.  After another minute of talking, Aeos finally slipped put from the med-bay. She glanced down at the slumped body of Frozt, while Jegora and Jager stood over him, making casual conversation.

“Ready to go?” she asked, her glance lingering on Frozt with one raised eyebrow.

“Yup we are,” Jager answered while his foot nudged Frozt none too gently in the ribs.

“Up we go,” he muttered to the body. It refused to move, and Jegora stooped down and with one hand casually grabbed the man by his collar, heaving him up and propping him up into a standing position.

“Are we going to walk or drag you to the Command?” he asked dryly.

Frozt merely nodded, and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Aeos assumed that this would be a sign for walking. Jerking her head to them, she started a brisk pace of walking toward the direction where Tanus and Garyll would be waiting for them.

As agreed previously, Tanus and Gates were waiting for them, sitting on the edge of a now dry fountain. A pipe-line must have burst somewhere underground with all the fighting going on around them.

“Tan!” Aeos called out beaming. She stifled the impulse to tackle the larger man into a hug. It was such a relief to see everyone alive.

“I see you have Frozt with you,” Tanus stated.

“No, he’s just here for the holidays,” Aeos muttered rolling her eyes in mock sarcasm. Tanus smirked.

“Yeah, yeah, guess we should start making our way,”

“Ya,”

Tanus and Gates got up from their seated positions, and together they started making their way.  At first they were passing through the same streets of rubble and destruction, but it slowly started giving way to a more ordered chaos with intact buildings cluttered with every type of official trying to exercise crowd control over the creoles of citizens and troopers. Finally, they found themselves dirtying the shiny floors of the HQ buildings. The left a small trickle of dirt on the floor and where Aeos managed to catch their reflection in a mirror, she could barely recognize them through all the dirt and blood covering their frames. She thanked the stars for managing to keep her hair in its strict pinned up braid, knowing it would have been all over the place if it fell loose.

It would be another hundred meters or so to the detention block. Aeos couldn’t wait to get the delivery done so she could just head back with Jag and Jeg to their squad and Angel. It was in this moment, that the final climax of the day faintly nudged into Aeos’ thoughts and destroyed whatever positive vibe she had surfed on
since the capture of Frozt.

Fleur, dispose Frozt immediately. He’s a threat to our veil, more details will be explained later.

Aeos froze in her footsteps, causing the rest to stop abruptly as well. Aeos threw Jegora a look, edged with a hysterical panic that only he could identify.

“Aeos, what the hell-“

Before Tanus could finish his sentence, Aeos unclipped the pistol hanging from her utility belt, aimed it at Frozt’s head who didn’t even register her actions and pulled the trigger, her eyes closing on the second the sound of the shot died away.

OOC:
This concluded the end of my ASL-ship to Jesters. Angel will announce the next ASL in due time. I'm staying on as Trooper.
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1807
Total Posts:  1920
January 5, 2009 3:57:34 PM    View the profile of Dante 
For a moment, nothing seemed to have changed once Dante opened his eyes. The thermal detonator seemed to still be beeping, the world was still a grey blur, and equipment was humming in the background. Dante blinked clearing his vision and his head, and the illusion faded.

He was lying on a bare bunk without his armour, and there was a medical droid less than half a meter away. Moans echoed from bunks further down the line, puncuated by dripping every three seconds. The air was filled with the overwhelming stench of bacta. Dante tried to turn his head, but stopped when pain erupted in his neck and upper back. Cursing through gritted teeth, the trooper looked down as far as he could. He was wearing a standard-issue pair of hospital shorts, and most of his body was covered in bacta dressings. Experimentally, Dante lifted his left arm, quickly putting back down again as the pain overwhelmed him. Somewhat dizzy, the trooper heard a peculiar buzzing noise from the 2-1B medical droid, which then began to speak to him.

"You're awake,  Sergeant."

Dante bit back a comment about the droid's lack of creativity in stating the obvious.  After all, it had been taking care of him.

"What happened, Doctor? I remember the det going off..."

The RAIDER winced at the memory, remembering the ball of fire and the clouds of shrapnel that had bloomed from the fuel cells as the blast reached them. He'd seen the flames reach Frozt's ship before he fell unconscious.

"You were caught in the blast, along with another member of your squad. None of them are seriously harmed."

Dante let his breath out in a slow hiss of relief.

"You have first and second degree burns over much of your body, necessitating the dressing. I must ask that you attempt to limit your movement during treatment."

"And Frozt?"

The droid stared silently at the wall for a moment, no doubt checking what data was at its disposal, then replied.

"I am sorry. My processors have no information on that subject."

Dante started to nod, then abruptly stopped mid jerk. The pain in his arms and legs seemed to be getting stronger, and he tried to remain stationary. There was a prick as the 2-1B emptied a syringe into his arm, and he drifted off as the painkiller did its work.

OOC:
Just wrapping up the RAIDERS' role...
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  820
Total Posts:  2175
January 5, 2009 10:21:16 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora caught Aeos’ jerk out of the corner of his eye. At the same time the urge to stop Frozt in his tracks welled up with such intensity that Jegora had no choice but to obey. As the man came to a standstill Aeos jerked her sidearm up and fired a single round clean through the man’s head. The results were instantaneous.

The large caliber sidearm made a clean entry wound and a messy exit wound. The back of the slicer’s head exploded, splattering those all around with blood and gore. Frozt’s body was propelled backwards, even Jegora’s strong grip unable to keep the traitor upright.

As the slicer hit the floor Jegora heard several of his squaddies swear colorfully, but he had eyes only for Aeos. The woman stood, silent and still, her eyes glued on Frozt’s corpse. Her face was pale, her whole body trembling. Time seemed to slow as Aeos brought her electric blue eyes up to his own, in that moment communicating her distress at the entire situation. Quickly Jegora’s mind raced, trying to figure out just what was going on. He thought back to the sudden impulse to stop, and thought leapt unbidden into his mind.

Grimacing, Jegora put his suspicions aside. He had no proof, and in any case there was nothing to do about it now. He had his duty to perform, although his squad wouldn’t like it. Hell, he didn’t like it. But for Aeos’ sake, and for Jester’s sake, he had to perform as expected. His suspicions could be brought to the front later, but right now things had to be done by-the-book so as not to compound the situation any further.

Take two quick strides, Jegora approached Aeos. He quickly relieved her of her sidearm, which he handed to Gio, and he then pulled a pair of flexicuffs he had intended to use on Frozt off his utility belt. He gently pushed Aeos forward, drawing her hands behind her back and securing her wrists with the restraints. He made them loose, but tight enough that she couldn’t do anything drastic.

Satisfied that he had his new prisoner well in hand, Jegora turned his attention to Frozt. The man was obviously dead, the back of his head exploded outwards from the force of the hollowpoint round. None the less, Jegora checked his vitals, as was required and expected. Finding none, he stood once again, and looked at his squad.

All around him he was met with All the Jester troopers were carefully hiding their emotions, which Jegora could certainly understand. He was doing the exact same thing himself, keeping his face carefully schooled so as not to reveal the conflict within. Outside he was calm and collected. Inside he was a seething cauldron of rage and disbelief. He couldn’t believe it had come to this, even if his suspicions were ever proved accurate.

Jegora’s eyes gave him away. The normally bright, cold blue irises were now a deep shade of gray. He may have been able to school his face, but he couldn’t control his eyes.

With a grimace Jegora led Aeos back to the forward command post. There some MPs would take her away, he knew, and that would hurt him more than anything else he had witnessed in the last 72 hours.

With a resigned sigh no one outside his helmet could hear, Jegora trudged on, determined to keep up his façade of perfection.

OOC:
A little continuation of the Aeos situation. It's rather short, but I've had other stuff to deal with.
Jegora Fal
Gunnery Sergeant, Stormtrooper Corps
Initiate, Dark Jedi Order

ASL / GSGT Jegora / Jester / Storm / Phoenix / Dragon / Osiris / Tadath / Vast Empire Army
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:38:55 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 106  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >