Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Dueling Blades (CLOSED)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   
Author
Topic:  Dueling Blades (CLOSED)
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  316
Total Posts:  1385
  RE: Dueling Blades
January 2, 2008 11:27:28 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saph blinked as he called the cards. She snarled and showed him her hand of positive twenty.

"Lucky match..."

She grumbled taking another drink before emptying her glass. She then reached over to grab for the bottle. Fenris beat her to it, his hand touching her fingertips gently, forcing him to blush. Saph caught this but didn't say anything as she looked at her cards instead.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE

Author/IS Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  120
Total Posts:  203
January 2, 2008 11:33:33 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
6, then quickly turned to 10, if he could double that, and stay, he'd be fine, luck rarely worked for him though.

"Gonna need a new bottle soon, We're nearing the half way mark of this...I sometimes drink before going to bed, gets rid of nightmares." explained Fenris.

Keep your cool, you might be able to bluff your way out, usually never works, but it might

10 turned to 14.  Fenris prayed he got a 7 or below next.
Raider

Faithful To The End

TRP/PFC Fenris/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Who is the fool? The Fool or the Fool that follows him?
You think you can control chaos, monkey?

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  317
January 2, 2008 11:46:06 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Gonna need a new bottle soon, We're nearing the half way mark of this...I sometimes drink before going to bed, gets rid of nightmares." explained Fenris.

"Bring it.."
She challenegd before watching as her cards changed.

She played the cards down and watched him groan.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  121
January 2, 2008 11:52:32 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris lost a round, won one as well.  There was one round left.  He started with an 8.  He still had no cards, so he was riding on luck again.

Fenris got up from the table to grab a bottle of Corellian Brandy.  He didn't like the stuff, but it's all he had.

8 goes to 12. 

Need 9 more at most

His arm beeped in his ear.  "Possibilty of Winning, 3602 to 1.  She is better at this game then you, and still has a card or two to play."

"Never tell me the odds...I thought I programmed you to tell me if it was a smart thing to play." said Fenris.

Fenris smiled.  "My arm tells me statistics, only way I can actually gamble." said Fenris.

It was cheating, but it helped.  His arm was usually 70% accurate, and could tell you the statistics for anything, battle outcomes, play by plays, it was a good tool to have.  He checked with that modification every time before a battle.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  318
January 2, 2008 11:59:09 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
His arm beeped in his ear.  "Possibilty of Winning, 3602 to 1.  She is better at this game then you, and still has a card or two to play."

"Never tell me the odds...I thought I programmed you to tell me if it was a smart thing to play." said Fenris.

Fenris smiled.  "My arm tells me statistics, only way I can actually gamble." said Fenris.

"Cheater.." Saph grumbled as her eyes saw the Corellian Brandy he now had.

oh great.. of all the drinks he has..

That stuff was one drink she hated. Not because it didn;t taste bad.. But because that got her drunk faster. But she wasn't going to play chicken either.  Glancing down to her cards they gave off a  +17. A few more minutes and  they will see whos was closer to 21.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  122
January 2, 2008 12:04:09 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris laughed.  He did cheat, he knew that, but he used to have to in order to eat and clothe himself.

14 goes to 19.  He would stay and set, 19 is as close as he could get.

He got bigger glasses down, filled one up for Saphira, and filled another one for him.

"This stuff really puts me to sleep.  I bought an entire case, and sadly its the last drink I have, other then Blue Milk and Jawa Juice." said Fenris.

"That HK you got there is an expensive unit I hope you know." said Fenris.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  319
January 2, 2008 12:12:06 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
This stuff really puts me to sleep.  I bought an entire case, and sadly its the last drink I have, other then Blue Milk and Jawa Juice." said Fenris.

"That HK you got there is an expensive unit I hope you know." said Fenris.

"yea.. I am well aware of that..."

She snarled, watching her cards change as she grumbled. -4 now she was a long way off from winning. This was one round she was glade they wern't betting on anything.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  123
January 2, 2008 12:14:34 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
"Thats never happened before. Looks like you were wrong C2."

"Looks like it." Chirped his arm.

Fenris poured another glass of Corellian Brandy for Saphira and Himself.  She was swaying a little back and forth in her chair.  Fenris smiled as it was a funny thing to see. 

"You ok?" asked Fenris.

Fenris got up from his chair and grabbed a waste basket, just in case.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  320
January 2, 2008 12:26:37 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Thats never happened before. Looks like you were wrong C2."

"Looks like it." Chirped his arm.

Fenris poured another glass of Corellian Brandy for Saphira and Himself.  She was swaying a little back and forth in her chair.  Fenris smiled as it was a funny thing to see. 

"You ok?" asked Fenris.

Fenris got up from his chair and grabbed a waste basket, just in case.

"yea.. Im fine.. "

She shook her head and watched the Falleen get up to grabe for a basket. She still found it hard to believe that he was the first of his species to take place in the ranks of the army. She knew enough  about their species to be wary.

Fenris just shook his head and took a seat again.  Quirking his head tot he side as he reached for his cards once more.

"Alright then.."

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  124
January 2, 2008 12:38:22 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris changed his skin pigmentation, it was turning red to show he was nervous, so he changed it back to try and fool Saphira to think he was calm.  He wouldn't release his pheromones to distract her, that was unfair.  Maybe later.

5 to 10.  It was a new game, so he had his cards back.

"More brandy?" asked Fenris once again trying to distract her.

He smiled as he exuded a small dose of his pheromones.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  321
January 2, 2008 1:00:40 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Fenris changed his skin pigmentation, it was turning red to show he was nervous, so he changed it back to try and fool Saphira to think he was calm.  He wouldn't release his pheromones to distract her, that was unfair.  Maybe later.

5 to 10.  It was a new game, so he had his cards back.

"More brandy?" asked Fenris once again trying to distract her.

He smiled as he exuded a small dose of his pheromones.

(heh.. later? that was fast...)

Saph shook her head and looked up at Fenris. She noticed his skin changed slighty.  Mabey it was from him being nervous at the game. Either way it didn't matter.

"Not at the moment.. do you have anything else?"

She asked. Fenris nodded and got up t go grab some juice. His hip brushing against her shoulder as he rounded the table. Saph swallowed and ignored the sensation.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  125
January 2, 2008 1:03:38 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris decided to exude some more pheromones, just to see how far he could take it.  He grabbed the juice and poured a glass. 

10 to 16.  He was debating to place a card down.

"That would be unwise sir." said C2.  Fenris just flicked his arm.

He smiled, and rubbed one of his ridges on his back.  It calmed him down while playing card games.  He took a sip of his Brandy, and passed his turn.
Raider

Faithful To The End

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  166
January 2, 2008 1:26:06 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
The door hissed as it slid open. Saphira and Fenris both startled, looked to the door. There stood a figure swallowed in shadows. The figure ramained where he was and from his stance, anyone could have seen, he wasn't happy.

"FENRIS! I know your not trying to move in on my territory. Because if you were stupid enough to try it, you would be enulling my earlier offer of friendship." his voice boomed so loudly it seemed to shake the whole room. Fenris stood up and looked at Draco. He seemed to be thinking for a second or two, then replied, "She was never yours Draco. You only thought she was. Now she's MINE!"

Draco was looking at the ground. He hesitated for a second, debating weather or not to give him a second chance. Finally he said, "I'm sorry to hear that Fenris but in case you haven't noticed, she's branded with my mark. I strongly suggest you walk away from this one." Fenris only laughed and said, "Your MARK? What the hell does a mark mean. NOTHING Draco. Absolutely nothing. And now she will be mine."

Draco looked up from the floor and revealed two glowing red eyes, the only things visible from the shadows. He was pissed. The shadows seemed to deepen every second.

"Then, I'm sorry old friend." In A flash Draco was on him. He raised him off the floor with one hand and sent him flying through a near window. He quickly picked up a broken shard and lept out the window in pursuit.
Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  126
January 2, 2008 1:33:11 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris activated his personal shield that was activated with his arm.  His vibrobayonet in hand.  Fenris didn't really want Saphira, he wanted her as a friend, and a mark did mean nothing.

"It's sad that you have to mark people." said Fenris, still exuding his pheromones that make even males go crazy for Fenris. "Stop, and leave, take Saphira with you if you wish.  I don't need her, nor do you, you are still a trainee." said Fenris

He changed his skin pigmentation to intimidate Draco.

Fenris's shield could hold out to a thermal detenator going off, so he could take a glass shard. 

"I am reptilian, therefore I have an increased regeneration rate, so if you wish to fight, It'd be foolish to do." stated Fenris.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  322
January 2, 2008 1:43:26 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
The sudden appearence of Draco had suprised her as well as Fenris.  She couldn't even get in a word as both males  stank up the room full of dominate heat and pride.

"FENRIS! I know your not trying to move in on my territory. Because if you were stupid enough to try it, you would be enulling my earlier offer of friendship." his voice boomed so loudly it seemed to shake the whole room. Fenris stood up and looked at Draco. He seemed to be thinking for a second or two, then replied, "She was never yours Draco. You only thought she was. Now she's MINE!"

Territory? Oh hell no...

It was one thing to have a male. It was  quit another to be thought of as a personal property. Though she was secretly pleased she stood, laying a hand over her stomach as Fenris was launched threw the window.

"Draco!"

Saph shouted but it was no use. A bonded male certinaly was dangerous. Instead she pulled herself up tot he window  and started to climb out.

"It's sad that you have to mark people." said Fenris, "Stop, and leave, take Saphira with you if you wish.  I don't need her, nor do you, you are still a trainee."

Saph growled. He didn't need her? Dropping to the ground she snarled at him. Shaking off the drinking she did with anger.

"If you didn't need me? I was the one who Passed you.." She remined the Falleen. Yes the squad he was in needed him, but if she was insistent that he wasn't ready then they would have complied.

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  61
January 2, 2008 1:53:32 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco laughed hysterically. He stood over Fenris and gazed down at him. "I knew you were a coward, Fenris. You choose to anger me to coax me into a fight when you have NO IDEA who your dealing with. HaHaHa then you hide like a scared little Mynok behind your contraptions." Draco smiled and snarled. He put the glass shard in his mouth and chewed and swallowed. "And as for you saying your reptilian, if you do your studying as I said before, you'll find I have no problems exterminating lizards."
[This message has been edited by DracoKorr (edited January 2, 2008 6:02:32 PM)]
DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  62
January 2, 2008 3:18:06 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco kneeled next to Fenris and spoke in a hushed tone. "And as far as me still being a trainee, there's a much larger picture that you are blind to. There's a reason that Saph kept me here. I may still be a trainee here, but make no mistakes you foolish pile of poodoo, I'm way more advanced than you are or ever will be." Draco stood again and spit on Fenris. "And as for that mark, she asked for it Fenris. She wanted to be my female and I wanted her as well. Don't you see? You could never satisfy her the way I just did, or any woman for that matter." With that being settled, he turned and disappeared back through the shattered window.

Humph...maybe now everyone will see that Draco can back up his cockyness. They were all fools for believing otherwise.
Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  127
January 2, 2008 4:25:06 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Waking up from the cheap shot that Draco gave Fenris, he had a few questions.  Where was he, was one.  Why did Draco do what he did, that was another. 

Fenris walked around looking for Draco.  He wanted to apologize, knowing that Draco's species was very territorial about mates and such. 

Fenris found Draco in the Training Room with Saph.  Draco was bragging, and Fenris didn't understand why, it was a cheap shot, and he had already won over Saphira's heart. 

"Draco, you and I need to talk." Said Fenris.  "I wanted to apologize, not because I'm afraid or jealous of you, because I'm not, but because your species finds it appropriate for this sort of thing to happen.  If you were apart of my species, you'd have been exiled for showing such emotion, Falleen's don't show public displays, and you would have been put down for trespassing within my room." explained Fenris.

He had something for Draco, it was something Fenris had found during his time with the Alliance.  It was an old piece of a combat droid, it was his memory chip.

"It has your name in an audio file, something about a murder. I figured I'd give it to you, or turn it over to a CO, and you'd get kicked out for being involved with a murder of an Imperial Officer with high standing." said Fenris with a smile. 

He exuded his pheromones, and masked his emotions, and look at Saphira one last time, and left the training room to visit the Starport.

"I'll be at the Starport if either of you wish to talk to me... Saphira I'll have Pazaak cards, Draco, I'll have my vibrobayonet, if you want a fair fight this time." said Fenris as he walked through the door.
Raider

Faithful To The End

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  128
January 2, 2008 4:26:51 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
OOC:
Draco, three things are wrong with your previous posts. 1, you wouldn't have been able to punch through a shield, 2, your hand would be hurting severely because of my Spinal Ridges on my face, and 3, I've mastered my emotions and my skin doesn't change unless I want it to
Raider

Faithful To The End

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  63
January 2, 2008 5:15:40 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco looked Fenris in the eye and listened to what he had to say. When he turned to leave, Draco called out to him, "Fenris!" Draco approached him and he got ready for another attack which he felt sure was coming. Draco came in close and said, "Fenris, your right. Zabraks are very protective over those they care about. And where I grew up and was trained, I learned to act first and ask questions later. I'll admit that this is a problem, one in which I've had a long time. And trust me when I say that almost just as long, I've been struggling to harness it. I think you've done an honorable thing here. I may be cocky and short tempered, but I can recognize honor. I've liked you more than anyone else in the class. That's why I offered you my friendship personally and  nobody else. I hope we can move past all this eventually and have each others backs. You see now the level of my dedication and loyalty to those who I'm close to. So, that offer still stands for whenever or if you choose to accept it." Draco patted a hand on Fenris's shoulder. Then he left the room.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  323
January 2, 2008 5:21:34 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC:
So Draco leaves without taking Saph.. hehe...

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  64
January 2, 2008 5:28:26 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
OOC:
Of course not. LOL
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  324
January 2, 2008 5:36:25 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC:
You posted that you left.. so Saph is left behind..

"It has your name in an audio file, something about a murder. I figured I'd give it to you, or turn it over to a CO, and you'd get kicked out for being involved with a murder of an Imperial Officer with high standing." said Fenris with a smile.

Saphira dropped her jaw slightly. Now that was intresting and yet she wondered if at the same time that Draco was using her. Trying to get close to gain information and then kill her. She didn't doubt that the information was real.

She watched as the males spoke and then some. She felt as if she was forgotten or that she missed some sort of male pissing contest that she didn't understand. Draco then left without her, leaving saphirta alone to her thoughts...

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  130
January 2, 2008 5:42:14 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris walked to the Star Port, still exuding pheromones, hoping Saphira came in, or Draco looking for a rematch.  His pheromones would confuse Draco, and give him an edge in battle.

The ships that were there were mostly TIE's; Interceptors, Bombers, Regular ones.  Fenris had begun running diagnostic checks on them to see how the worked. 

"Diagnostic complete." chirped C2.

Fenris smiled, it seemed like they weren't coming, so he got up from his table, and walked to his room.  He was still angry about his window in his room...they wouldn't repair it for a little while.  Fenris sat down, finished the bottle of Corellian Brandy, and began to work on his arm.
Raider

Faithful To The End

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  65
January 2, 2008 5:55:18 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco stood a the hallway looking out a massive viewport with his hands clasped behind his back, and feet shoulder width apart. He had a nice view of the training yard and the many troopers occupying it while training. The sun was slumping just beyond the horizon, cast magnificent colors across the sky. He wondered how Fenris obtained that information...and wondered how the hell he was going to explain it to Saphira. He'd planned to all along but just didn't know where to start. Shit...by now she probably had all sorts of thoughts swirling in her head. He had to tell her...when he saw her again...he would.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  326
January 2, 2008 6:12:16 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
After a while Saphira found herself walking down the hall. Her mood was dark as she wondered were the hell Fenris was. But more so where Draco was. The female balled her hands into tight fists but she fought the urdge to attack anyone that came too near. 

She felt like a fool. A fool that she had let the situation spin out of control. Saph never likd when it happened like that. Once before a situation came out of control and the end results were nasty.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  131
January 2, 2008 6:17:35 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris remained in his room for the rest of the day.  He had already got a cheap shot to face, worked on his arm, won a game of Pazaak, drank more then he ever had, and it wasn't even nightfall.

"C2, hologram, now." said Fenris.  C2 appear in front of him.  He was programmed to look like his mother.  "What should I do C2?  I have a zabrak that wants to kill me, I'm not worried about that, but I have a gorgeous twi'lek that thinks I don't need her, and I meant it completely different then the way it came out." said Fenris.

"I know Fenris, how would you have handled this as a kid?" asked C2.

Fenris would allow the situation to play it self out as a kid.  Good ole C2 always being there for him.

Fenris decided to leave his door open, and exude a nice big puff of pheromones, for himself and for anyone that wanted something to smell.
Raider

Faithful To The End

DracoKorr
ComNet Novice

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  66
January 2, 2008 7:10:24 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco watched through the viewport at the troopers training. They certainly showed determination, the most of anyone he had seen since the Dark Brotherhood. Fuck...Okay...The time had come...Saphira trusted him and he would not let her down. He turned on his heels and headed in the direction he had last seen her. He had to find her and explain.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  329
January 2, 2008 7:17:33 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Halfway down the hall Saph looked right and there comming out of another room was Draco. He spotted her and all she gave him was a cold stare.

Shit.. she was pissed. Well she normaly was but now would be the fun time.

The female waited, lowering her hand near her weapon as he came closer..

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  132
January 2, 2008 7:22:48 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris began to walk out to the hall, and saw Saphira and Draco.  Saphira glared at Draco. 

"C2, record." said Fenris.  C2 began to record everything that was said, and a visual.  Fenris smiled, and tried to get Saphira's attention quietly, exuding a select pheromone that only the opposite sex could smell.

Fenris wasn't sure if she smelt it, but He decided to stay there and wait to see.
Raider

Faithful To The End

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Dueling Blades (CLOSED)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:12:09 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 220  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >