Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  626
Total Posts:  718
  RE: VENA-Staff Topic
July 5, 2013 5:15:51 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
I resigned my position as TO a while back, but I believe I am once again capable of assuming the responsibilities of that position (or at least trying to ) if you'll have me.
XO/WO1/Maroy/Silver 5/S:46 "Jexxel" W:101 "Blade"/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG]x2 [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC: P] [CC: W] [CC: D] [LC]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Officer Candidate

Post Number:  974
Total Posts:  997
July 5, 2013 1:45:47 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
I'm still here, beating up the new recruits for a very long time.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Ensign, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|ESN Joamer |Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC-P] [CC-W] [CC-D] [SoV] [LoM] [E] [NS-H] [VC:B] [CNQST]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  611
Total Posts:  786
July 7, 2013 12:15:54 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Oh heck, never been in VENA, but I'm willing to expand. Throw me in as wanting to join in on the minion helping.
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W] [DSM] [CBV] [CC: D] [CNQST]

TRN | INI Zarya | VEDJ | VE
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  232
July 7, 2013 12:20:08 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Hades had me on as a TO. I intend to stay on the staff, if at all possible.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
DeepSix
ComNet Marshal

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Commander

Post Number:  841
Total Posts:  973
July 18, 2013 10:39:02 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Right, so according to the above messages there seem to be 4 interested grunts in joining / sticking around the ol' place - groovy!

Now that you've shown interest in these positions let me get into a little more details however. Basically the things you'll be expected to do in other words...

1. For the most part a TO's job is an easy one and there shouldn't really be a whole lot of pressure or anything of the sorts, so don't expect your overall activity within the club to suffer as a result of it.

2. First thing you'll be expected to do as TOs is to help the newbs get acquainted with our system and then help push them along so as to quickly and efficiently assign them to either a squadron or a ship department. The more members in a story the higher the chances of it becoming more epic as a result...

3. Second thing you'll be expected to do is to help the returning vets (or perhaps the returning newbs even) get back into the saddle. I'm talking here about the refresher course. There will be clear guidelines for both this and the previous point however so again it will be mostly a simple job - just check whether each criteria is met and if so PM your recommendation to me or your future XNT and we'll get the fellow(s) back on the active roster.

4. Prove yourselves efficient and expect a greater deal of freedom and general decision making as far as the previous two points are concerned. My goal is to turn this branch into a fast and efficient one, with as little involved bureaucracy as possible - hopefully none at some point.

5. Third thing you'll need to do is check out the certs section. If there are new ones available then you really should go ahead and grade them. Today is the 18th for instance and yet there are 2 ungraded pieces in there - one from the 2nd (my own) and another from the 10th (Serpent's). I know that Fish is working with Trykon on some other projects as well and I think Joamer is busy with RL stuff too but here's the thing - if you cannot handle your few VENA duties for whatever reason... then I'd rather you not take them in the first place. There's no shame in this really and it would actually make things easier for everyone else as they'd know exactly whom they can rely on for something and whom to bug if that something isn't getting done either.

6. The fourth thing expected of you is somewhat more optional in nature - basically helping the CNT / XNT out with whatever VENA projects they ask help with. This help can imply many things: researching something, creating / editing / maintaining wiki pages, creating certain graphics (siggys, avatars, banners, logos, etc.) or even simple brainstorming sessions on various topics.

If you think you can handle this then I'd like you to confirm your original intention of joining and I'll make you proper members of VENA afterward. If you believe you may have been too hasty with your decision then no problem - just say so now and you'll be able to return to your regular duties and activities with no harm done.

Oh, just to point out - for the more ambitious of you - that pretty much all past and current members in high leadership positions had some dealings with VENA: proving themselves responsible individuals, showing they had leadership abilities and also organizational skills as well. If you're interested in such notice then a couple of programs (new or improved) regarding the division/club's operation should be amongst the easiest ways to get it...

Anyways, I'll be waiting for those confirmations before I start assigning specific tasks and the like
SCO/LCDR DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE
[=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=] [=*SWC*=]

CNT/LCDR DeepSix/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/AD DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  166
Total Posts:  232
July 18, 2013 11:47:43 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
I'm still wanting to return back to a TO position. I'll get on the certifications momentarily.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  622
July 18, 2013 1:43:26 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Count me in as wanting to take the position. I will try to be as active as I can come the beginning of my fall semester. If nothing else, grading other people's stuff takes less time than writing a whole post.
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

DeepSix
ComNet Marshal

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  844
July 18, 2013 1:54:52 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Not if you're in the mood for a quick 500 post and the post you're grading is a whooping 20k...
SCO/LCDR DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  623
July 18, 2013 6:13:06 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
True. But it's easier to read bits and pieces over the course of a day than to try to write a whole post in fragments. One just requires comprehension. The other requires more thought.

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  511
Total Posts:  757
July 24, 2013 2:22:22 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
/me is totally late for this, but mer: sailing

I was doing work assisting in setting up the new ancillary and certs thingy on the wiki. Quite happy to take over that part, as I was assisting 'he-who-shall-not-be-named', if you would like. Also willing to become a TO, or to help mark ancillary skills, or certs, and what not.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

SXO | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3288
Total Posts:  3784
July 31, 2013 3:22:50 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
The Artemis Bridge Simulator has a pretty fun manual, filled with flavor text.  It might be useful as we try to update the Fleet Command pages.  The pdf of the manual is here.
Naval High Command
CNO/Commodore Trykon/NHC/VEN/VE

Second Vast Imperial Fleet
SCAP/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Decorations
[*IG*][*AO*][HNS][1NS][2NS][LSM][BWC][SWC][GWC][CC:4][CNQST]
[NSM][E][NAR][MSM][SoA][CoB][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

SM/DWR Trykon/Dark Jedi/Shades/Raven L-04/DJO/VE [EoP]
DeepSix
ComNet Marshal

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  927
October 23, 2013 2:28:33 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Greetings minions!

It is I, your beloved CNT, coming to you now with yet another hugely important announcement. One that I'll try to keep brief and to the point...

First order of business - I've removed both Avalar and Joamer from their TO positions on account of their activity levels sort of dropping across the entire board. School and work are important and I can both understand and respect as much. Let me know when you have less on your plate if you're still interested and I may reinstate you.

Second order of business - Aside from Maroy I've not seen a whole lot of VENA related activity from the remaining two trainers. Feel free to PM me your recent exploits, but even more importantly still - go out there and start doing more VENA stuff... if/when applicable

Third order of business - Coming back to Maroy now, who has managed to almost single-handedly deal with the influx of newbs in these past couple of months... I was thinking of awarding a medal or possibly a rank promo but then I realized I actually had something even better up my sleeve: an open XNT slot. Surely you all can see where this is going, and if you'll check the roster your suspicions will even be confirmed as such - CWO Maroy, I'm hereby promoting you from regular TO to the Academy's Executive Officer. Keep doing a good job and those other shinies I first considered will yet come as well...

I'll take a moment here and allow others to congratulate their new XNT before I announce the next batch of updates (in a week or two hopefully).

Gurlanin
ComNet Member
Imperial Supporter

Gurlanin

Post Number:  598
Total Posts:  757
October 23, 2013 6:54:09 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
/me cheers Maroy
SCO | CPO Gurlanin | Iron One | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Paragon" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=*TG*=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}

TO|CPO Gurlanin|PLF "Cappadocious"|VENA|VEN|VE
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  701
October 24, 2013 12:02:46 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Whoot! Well deserved Maroy. Bout time you got something going
SCO | SCPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Paragon | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W]  [DSM] x2  [CBV]  [CC: D]  [CNQST]  [WM0]

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral

Post Number:  3451
October 24, 2013 12:09:46 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I'll echo the others' sentiments.  Sometimes, this place has an unfortunate tendency to delay recognition of meritorious contributions that build up slowly and quietly over time, but good things come to those who wait... and who are worthy.  You're certainly worth of this position, Maroy.  Keep up the great Academy work!
Naval High Command
CNO/Rear Admiral Trykon/NHC/VEN/VE

SCAP/RADM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/3Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Decorations
[*IG*][*AO*][WM0][HNS][1NS][2NS][LSM][BWC][SWC][GWC][CC:4][CNQST]
[NSM][E][NAR][NDM][MSMx2][SoA][CoB.][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1137
Total Posts:  1245
October 28, 2013 3:40:46 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Sorry to butt in, VENA folks - but a recruit's been sitting in the academy since the 23rd of October and has not had his wiki page marked (read: Ross).  In addition, there are four unmarked skill/cert posts in the Cert section. I've seen all of you on over the past few days. Come on guys, get motivated!

Lieutenant Commander Demetrius 'Hades' Aita

FL | LCDR Hades | Silver 9 | S:46 "Jexxel" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Paragon | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[BWC][MC1][CBV][CAR][HNS][SWC][NSR][LoM][DSM][CC:P][CC:F][CC:W][CC;D][MiD][VC:B][GWC][1NS][BRC][IG][VS:S][MC:2][CNQST]
[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [TG]
{INF}{AFM}{XMA}{INT}{SFM}{HypM}{0Gee}{GrAt}
Serpent
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  1140
Total Posts:  1214
October 28, 2013 8:04:05 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Big grats to Maroy, very well deserved!

Naval High Command
CNW|Commander Zail|NHC|VEN|VE

SCAP/CDR Pherik “Serpent” Zail / ISD Paragon /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][SoV][MiD][MC1][VC:E][CAR][CoB.][NC][CC:3][CNQST][PWC][2NS][LSM][WM0][AOx4][DSM](=*Eng*=)(=*BO*=)(=SWC=)
Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  671
Total Posts:  718
October 28, 2013 9:09:20 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
Oops. Totally dropped the ball on that one. Thanks for the reminder, Hades. Anyone else interested in taking a look at those certs?

And thanks, all
XO/CWO/Maroy/Silver 5/S:46 Jexxel/W:101 Blade/ISD Paragon/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG]x2 [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC: P] [CC: W] [CC: D] [LC] [SoV]
Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1138
October 28, 2013 9:25:10 AM    View the profile of Hades 
No problem. And congratulations on your promo

FL | LCDR Hades | Silver 9 | S:46 "Jexxel" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Paragon | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[BWC][MC1][CBV][CAR][HNS][SWC][NSR][LoM][DSM][CC:P][CC:F][CC:W][CC;D][MiD][VC:B][GWC][1NS][BRC][IG][VS:S][MC:2][CNQST]
[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [TG]
{INF}{AFM}{XMA}{INT}{SFM}{HypM}{0Gee}{GrAt}
Tzism
ComNet Novice

Tzism

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  52
October 30, 2013 12:23:10 AM    View the profile of Tzism 
Congratulations Maroy, well earned
FM | SCRW Tzism | Silver 2 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Paragon | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE [MC2][MiD][SoA]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral

Post Number:  3536
December 20, 2013 8:50:39 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I know we have a slew of folks out on leave.  Are there ANY trainers still around during this holiday week?  We have some crewmen languishing in the Academy...

Please chime in ASAP, or I'll give them the basic training treatment myself.
Naval High Command

Decorations
[NSM][E][NAR][NDM][MSMx2][SoA][CoB.][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

Post Number:  910
Total Posts:  1054
December 21, 2013 11:43:06 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
just this old trainer, popping around where he isn't wanted/needed
RET/CDR Rorran "Slasher" Gorma/VEN/VE
[IC1][SoV][CBV.][MC:1][SoL][GWC][NS-3][LSM][=*IM*=][=*SWC*=](=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=^ME^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral

Post Number:  3537
December 22, 2013 3:21:10 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Slash, you're always wanted!  Come back to us! 
Naval High Command

Decorations

Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1226
December 26, 2013 5:19:44 AM    View the profile of Hades 
On it. Let me know if there's something I've missed, as I'll be handling this mostly alone till folks get back.

Slash: If you want to help out, throw DeepSix a PM about helping out in VENA

MS | LCDR Hades | LCR Duty | TF:T | ?Flt | VENA | VEN | VE

[*IG*] [*CO*] [LoM] [DSM] [NSR] [VC:B] [VC:S] [MC:1] [MC:2] [CBV] [CAR]
[MiD] [HNS] [1NS] [2NS] [BRC] [BWC] [SWC] [GWC] [CNQST] [CC:4]
[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [*TG*]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral

Post Number:  3542
December 26, 2013 5:23:02 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
For now, Hades, if you're around, go ahead and jump in on those three or so new folks' threads.  Deep, sorry to micromanage your department.  I just want to make sure we have coverage over the holiday break. 
Naval High Command

Decorations

Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1227
December 26, 2013 5:31:01 AM    View the profile of Hades 
The respectable CNT gave me the go-ahead to deal with VENA stuff for the moment around 30 minutes ago, boss - I jumped straight in

[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [*TG*]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral

Post Number:  3543
December 26, 2013 5:32:27 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ah.  Well, nothing I like better than a CNO who's redundant.  And I mean that seriously.  It means things are working. 
Naval High Command

Decorations

Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1228
December 26, 2013 5:51:57 AM    View the profile of Hades 
The CNO is never entirely redundant, sir, even if it may seem so

[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [*TG*]
DeepSix
ComNet Marshal

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  964
December 26, 2013 10:49:18 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 

A nameless Sithmas gnome announces the temporary (or is it?) return of Hades as a TO.
SCAP/CDR Seth DeepSix Qorbin/Carrack Unchained/TF:A/3Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=] [=*SWC*=] [=NDr=]

CNT/CDR Seth DeepSix Qorbin/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/AD Seth DeepSix Qorbin/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Academy > VENA-Staff Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:01:42 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 124  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >