Author
Topic:  Ch. 7 - Navy
Piett
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  100
  RE: Ch. 7 - Navy
December 18, 2001 5:39:14 PM    View the profile of Piett 
Piett was tired of Aegis interfering with their training sessions. It was unlike Piett to order something like this, but Aegis has no faith that Viper can do anything on their own. He also knew that too many ships would cause them to lose the mission. But first, he had to take care of their small group of "friends". "Okay, listen up all craft! We have a mere twenty ships left. There are no B-Wings yet, so that is a good sign. I want all craft focusing fire on the Five K-Wings that we have remaining. After that break up into your assigned groups, and take the ships out." Piett yelled into the squakbox. "Roger that Lead!" was the response Piett got from the Vipers, Aegis gave Piett no response. "hhhhmmmmmm........ No response from Ageis, I wonder if it might mean they are planning something."Piett thought to himself. "Oh well, whatever they are planning, is of no concern to me. When these ships are gone, we will take care of them." Needless to say, that with 24 Ships firing on 5 K-Wings, the 2 Squadrons took out the ships quite easily. When they broke up into groups though, Aegis could barely get a single shot in on the ships. Viper "nailed" every ship with a fire-linked shot every time. When all of the ships were blown into Pieces, Piett had to put his plan into action. "Listen up Vipers! It is not customary for me to do this, but Aegis has to learn to stop meddling in our simulators. So, I want all fire concentrated on Aegis! Shoot them down ship-to-ship. I will take Riel, and the rest of you take any ship you want. When they get shot down, they will not die, they will just get their sims turned off. After you blow up one T/I, go help someone else with the next. When they are out of the picture, we will resume the mission." Piett ordered his squad. "Hey Piett, what's with this? We come here to help you and you shoot us down? We won't go away, we got in once, and we will get in again. If it's a fight you want though, it's a fight you'll get!" replied Riel. "That's what he thinks." Piett thought to himself. Piett flipped a switch, and put up a firewall that was hack proof. It also caused anyone that tried to enter to have their simulator blow up, and seeing that Viper's Simulators were more powerful than Aegis's sims there was no way they could be overridden. Piett then went to chase Riel, but he was hard to catch. Piett set his lasers to dual fire, and got ready for the right moment where he would at least nick Riel's T/A, seeing that it would blow up on contact. The rest of the squadron had it easier, seeing that they had T/Is going up against T/Bs and T/Fs. Darkomega was hot on the tail of JMac. His lasers were fire-linked and was within .2 clicks of his target. He fired once and blew the bomber into pieces. "Viper-Leader this is Viper-Eleven! I have taken care of JMac, his ship is no more!" said Darkomega. "Thats great 11! Go help someone else!" replied Piett. "Roger that." Darkomega went to help Grrl_Fury take on Fallen. Both of their laser turrets were set to dual fire as they went in for the kill. They went to full throttle to go after this scared Aegis pilot. When within .8 clicks (8KM) they both fired, sending the ship pieces flying in two directions. "Piett, I have taken care of Fallen." Grrl_Fury reported. "GREAT! You and darkomega take care of someone else." "Roger Lead." said Grrl_Fury. "Ditto" said darkomega. Darkomega went to go help Corran, and Grrl_Fury went to go help  Warmaker. Warmaker didn't need any help, due to his great amount of pride. Therefore, Grrl_Fury went to go help BobaFett instead.

-----------------------
Officer Candidate Piett
Squadron Commander
Viper Squadron
Navy of the Vast Empire
EFM/ESN Piett/Viper1-1/m-SDD Atrus//VE[=A=][BRC][SRC][GRC]
"Join us, or die!"--Darth Vader ESB
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
December 18, 2001 6:14:48 PM    View the profile of Warmaker 
Now the Sim begunn to be interesting. Both Squadrons went into a close dogfight. "Hmm, theres something wrong" sayed Warmaker, "They flyed as they are drunken." "Yeah" came the replie from Corran "Makes our Job a bit easier, but be carefull they have still faster ships than we" "Ok, Weapons linked, shields up and full trottle, lets engage them"

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Warmaker/Viper 3-2/WING I/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=JCPA=)
You can run but you cannot hide
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
December 18, 2001 6:30:03 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
OOC: tssk tssk tssk Piett  if you were fallowing the story line you would know Riel is still somewhere near Ord Montell thus he cannot be in the sim thank you.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)[SRC]

"Aegis Squadron we dont need to improve because were already the BEST!"

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
-PO1 LoneWolf
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
December 18, 2001 8:04:54 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen continued flying. There were a couple of ships left, and they had to ignore some range fighters. Fallen concentrated his fire on one of the Vipers. Noting the markings at the side of the TIE meant that the fighter was Warmaker. He gave a nod towards the fighter before firing upon him. 'Sorry buddy. I have to fire at you in this round. I might seem dead, but I'm not.' He said as he poured a frenzy of fire on Warmaker, who was blown into pieces. After that, he turned on darkomega. This pilot is celebrating, thinking he had just shot down one of the pilots of the Aegis Squadron. Well, now he would show it to them ... he placed full power on all laser cannons and fired endless upon darkomega. Caught unexpected, he blew up easily. To think that they actually left down their guard so fast .... Fallen shook his head. He turned on Grrl Fury and blasted non-stop on her. 'Heh, I know you are Riel's girl but there's no way I wont fire upon you unless I'm shot.' He aimed carefully and soon, Grrl Fury was shot down by the signature on-the-point firing by Aegis. Fallen roared with laughter. He radioed to Piett. 'Piett, you think I'm dead. You think Fallen is dead. Eat your words man ...' Piett worriedly checked for the source of the link. While he was checking, a fighter dropped out of nowhere and fire upon him ....

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 2nd Class Felix 'Dog Ace' Fallen [Army Alias: Raxen]
Aegis Flight Three Pilot Three, Lusthawk Eleven, Astral Guard Member
FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)
Proud Owner of a XG-1 Starwing Gunboat

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Gunboat.'
Piett
ComNet Initiate

December 18, 2001 8:05:51 PM    View the profile of Piett 
OOC: LoneWolf, I was following the story! You guys hacked your way into our sim! Piett remembered to bring his counter fire charges today, and its a good thing too. He launched a flare out of the rear end of his T/I and completely destroyed Fallen this time. Piett even checked his monitor of who was on the server, seeing he was the hosting the sim. He saw Fallen's name get wiped off the list, as it hadn't before. "Okay Viper, we may have lost a few guys, but we're not finished yet!" said Piett into the squakbox. "That's what you think Viper-Leader" said a voice. "WarMaker, you're alright!" replied Piett happily. "It'll take more than the likes of them to wipe us out." replied Warmaker. "Then that means...." "That's right Piett. I'm here too! Aegis is sssssoooo dumb, they killed what looked to be our decoys. They were some stange craft thet we did not know existed." said Grrl_Fury. "Great! I'm glad you're all safe! Now let's get back in there and kick some Aegis butt!" said Piett joyfully. Warmaker was hot on Rukh's tail. He was set to full throttle and had turrets fire-linked. He just went in firing at will and eventually blew up the craft. "Viper-Nine to Viper Leader! I just took care of Rukh! He is now out of the sim!" said Warmaker over the ship's comlink. "VEEEERRRRRRRYYY Nice Nine! Now go round up some more!" replied Piett. "Roger that." Corran and darkomega were hot on Rennok's tail as WarMaker went to join up with Matrix. They both only felt dual-fire was necessary. "Let's take him from both sides" Corran said. "Good Idea Viper-Eight! Let's go!" said Grrl_Fury. Corran and Grrl_Fury went on either side of Rennok and fired when they were within range. They missed and Rennok had a chance to shoot back. Grrl_Fury almost got hit, but luckily she dodged the shot. Corran and Grrl_Fury got within 1.0 clicks (10KM) and fired away! This time Corran made contact, but Grrl_Fury missed. Luckily, when she missed though, because of all the ships flying around she took out Twin_Fury. It was a total accident, but she took out the ship and totalled it. "Viper-Leader this is Viper-Eight! Come in Viper Leader! I just took out Rennok, and am awaiting instructions." said Corran over the ComLink. "Copy that Eight! Good job! That was a Wing Commander for Aegis! Got nothing specific to do! Find another target." replied Piett. "Copy that." "Viper-Leader this is Viper-Ten! I don't exactly know how I did it, but I went to go take out Rennok, but I missed and took out Twin_Fury." said Grrl_Fury. "I can't explain that either" said Piett. "Good job though! All that really counts, is that there is one less Aegis Scum in our sim. Go find another target for the time being." "Roger that." Grrl_Fury went on to help Matix take out Kalebb, and Corran went to help Arturus take out sk8guy. While this took place, Tarkin decided that since The leader's wing is the main wing, Ageis would crumble without it. He and scout took this opprutunity to go after LoneWolf.   ----------------------- Officer Candidate Piett Squadron Commander Viper Squadron Navy of the Vast Empire EFM/ESN Piett/Viper1-1/m-SDD Atrus//VE[=A=][BRC][SRC][GRC] "Join us, or die!"--Darth Vader ESB
[This message has been edited by (edited December 18, 2001 8:31:37 PM)]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
December 18, 2001 8:21:47 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
sk8guy searched his scanners for a certain craft. He picked off an X-wing and then finally found it, Viper 9. It was Corran. He flew towards him and swung around onto his tail. He got a little anxious and fired a sloopy shot that alerted Corran to his presence behind him. Realizing he was in trouble, Corran called the rest of three flight to help, but they were all busy with rebel craft of their own. He pulled a tight loop to try and shake sk8. But sk8 easily compensated by cutting his throttle and staying inside his arc. He got a target lock and pushed down on the trigger, but just as he fired, Corran managed to break the lock and his shots went wild. sk8's senses flared as he pulled left all of the sudden. Laser blasts raced through the spot he had jsut occupied. One of the rebel fighters had locked on to him from behind. Remaining calm, sk8 just cut his throttle and swung his fighter around for a head-to-head witht eh other craft. He fired off two quad bursts before ever waiting for a lock and the Rebel X-wing blew apart.That was the flaw with computer pilots, they always waited for target locks, Now sk8 was forced to search for Corran again, but he wasn't hard to find. While sk8 went after the X-wing, Corran had slipped onto his tail and was now trying to get a lock him. sk8 tired breaking left, then a sharp right but Corran stayed with him. He was an exceptional pilot, but not the best. Sk8 knew exactly how to handle this. He cut his throttle and put his ship up on his starboard s- foils. Then he side slipped left on his rudder pedals and cut his stick to the right suddenly. This put the Assault Gunboat right in his sights. He squeezed off several quad bursts and the Gunboat exploded into an orange fireball. Sk8 smiled and said to himself, "You're good, but don't mess with the best." He enguaged an A-wing that had sneaked up on Jmac's tail. It didn't even have a chance to evade his lasers. Jmac then vaped his target, and then he radioed to sk8, "Thanks sk8. Hey,how many Vipers left. I got an idea." sk8 checked his scanners, he counted 8 Vipers left, and about half a dozen non-Aegis rebels. "What's your idea Jmac?" "How about we show Viper how good we really are by destorying that base we're supposd to be protecting. I have a hunch that was what their mission was in this sim." he answered. "Good thinking, but let me run it bye Kain." sk8 answered. He radioed Kain and said, "Hey Kain, how about we destroy that rebel base. Jmac thinks that was what the Viper's mission was in this particular sim. Think about it, we blow Viper out and then complete their mission just for the fun of it." Kain agreed and he gave the go ahead for them to engage the base. Sk8 found Kalebb and they formed up to be the first to do their run. "Switch to torpedoes and let's go in. Concentrate on on spot, let's say that dark spot on the top. See it?" he said to Kalebb. "Yeah." he replied. "You go first, I'll cover you." sk8 went in, the bases defenses started firing n him, but he avoided them easily. He got a missile locka nd unloaded his whole load into the spot. "Start your run Kaleb. I'll cover you now." Kalebb followed suit and the an explosion burst from the dark spot. "Lead, we've almost got it.  All Aegis, attack the dark spot with fire coming out of it. That's it's weak spot. Kalebb and I started you off. Go get'em boys." sk8 anounced over the comm. Kalebb then raced off tt engage another flight of B-wings. Sk8 followed and was having fun. Just too bad he didn't have his new fighter, but this was harder and would insult the Vipers even more doing this drunk of all things. He couldn't wait to see the Vipers' faces when they were done.   ----------------------- [ARMY] Cloud FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=) TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ "Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!" Gold Recruitment Award
[This message has been edited by sk8guy (edited December 18, 2001 8:43:17 PM)]
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 18, 2001 8:33:31 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Uh huh. It's YOU who has to change. You dunt know the full story. --------------------------------------------- Fallen swooped down and started firing upon Piett. Like he was,Piett started shouting for reinforcements. Kain came behind him and helped him finish up Corran and Bobafett. Viper's now have 5 less pilots and Fallen as still hot on Piett's tail, who had absolutely no idea what's going on. Piett radioed a broadcast out there and shouted, 'Fallen, you are dead! You cant pretend to be alive and swoop on me. I know you are dead. I have faith in my Viper pilots.' Fallen sealed any idetification coding from his comlink and replied, 'I dunt care what you think, but the truth is that I AM alive, and you Vipers had better watch out. There's more to this than just shooting fighters.' Fallen swooped down for the final kill. Releasing a fury of fire on Piett, Fallen grinned with quiet triumph as he saw Piett's fighter blow out into pieces ....

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Three Pilot Three, Lusthawk Eleven, Astral Guard Member
FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 18, 2001 8:47:39 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
OOC: Um if you guys actually read the story, you'd know that Lonewolf in on Nal Hutta in a bar, and Riel is at Ord Mantell in a shuttle with PJ and Darkhawk is on Coruscant. So please, don't post anything about them, cause they aren't there. And Vipers, we got a great surprise for you.Hehehehehe

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
Piett
ComNet Initiate

December 18, 2001 8:55:45 PM    View the profile of Piett 
Piett wanted to let the Aegis fighters all get destroyed, but things were getting out of hand, and if they took too much longer, their chances at completing the sim would be lost. Piett then flipped on a switch, which activated a boot mechanism in the simulator. When this switch was flipped, all Aegis members were ejected from Viper's simulator. He then flipped up another switch that put up a firewall, making it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get in. Piett then made contact with Rear Admiral Gui Sun Paan. "Paan, I am contacting you to ask a favor." Piett said. "You Piett? Favors? You never ask for favors. This will be good. What is it?" Paan asked. "Enough with the pleasantries Admiral. I am in a training mission with my squadron so I can't do it myself. Aegis has hacked into our simulators somehow. I am the host server, so I put up a firewall keeping anyone from getting in." said Piett. "And the favor is...." "Keep them out of the simulator, and any form of hacking they may be doing. They almost blew our chances of completing the mission. I think I'm going to have to start this over again after we complete it, but that's getting off the subject. Please keep them out!" "No problem Piett! In fact, due to all the trouble they have caused you, Aegis will be lucky if they get to use the simulator anymore during the time that you are using it." "Thanks Admiral." "Anytime Piett, anytime!" Relieved that Aegis is out of the way finally Piett went to adress his squad. "What happened to Aegis?" Tarkin asked. "I booted them off the server and put up a firewall." replied Piett. "Good idea." "Thanks. Now, we had a small disturbance, but that isn't going to stop us." said Piett. "It isn't?" asked arturus. "NO! It isn't! We can still finish the simulator. Vipers 8, 9, 10, and 11: go check out the weapons and see what you can find out. Vipers 6 and 7 provide cover for them. My wing Vipers 1, 2, and 3: follow me and take out the reactor. Vipers 4 and 5: patrol the area, and watch out for more craft. I know we wont get any more Imperial ships, Paan is taking care of Aegis for hacking into our sim. More Rebel ships may come though. I want you all to know now, that if we must restart the mission, its not due to anything that you have done wrong, it is due to Aegis's interference. I am also proud how all of you handled yourself out there during the attack mode. I wanted to finish them all off, but they were getting out of hand." "Understood Piett. Thanks for telling us!" replied Zed "No prob Zed." Now off to work. The Ships split up as Piett had instructed them too. This was quite dangerous though, although they are strong as a group, it is unknown how strong they are individually. Piett knew this, but he had to see. That is why they were in sims....

-----------------------
Officer Candidate Piett
Squadron Commander
Viper Squadron
Navy of the Vast Empire
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 18, 2001 9:13:01 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Viper squadron went off to check out the base, but there was one problem, the base wasn't there. Aegis had gottne it before they had supposedly be banned. Piett cursed and ordered over the comm,"Everyone quit. Aegis has caused use the mission." "Hold it right there Piett," came Kain's voice over the comm. "This is Aegis, and we've got a proposition for you. Come and get us, if you can figure out which fighters we are. You may have booted out our TIEs, but we're still here, and you might want to update that firewall Piett." Having said that, Kain ordered Aegis to destroy the remaining Vipers. They broke up into pairs and prepared to engage the Imperial ships. This was hilarous. Sk8guy broke up and snuck up behind a confused Zed and wasted his fighter before he could react. Piett yelled into the comm,"Zed??!! What the hell is going on.Damn you Aegis. Vipers, kill every fighter out here. I don't care, just get rid of Aegis." Then all of Aegis kaughed out loud into their comms. It was a pretty impressive sound, and it was well suited for the ocassion. Aegis then porceeded to taer Viper apart, one by one.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
Gold Recruitment Award
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
December 18, 2001 9:41:46 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Japheth wove through the battle, he let off pot shots here and there, but didn't really stick to any one target to start with, he was getting a feel for how everyone was flying. He found several that didn't manuver about as much as the others, he chose one, tapped the IF/F button and saw that it was Scout. Japheth looped around and, never stopping his curve, let of a quad blast at the interceptor. Two of the hits were solid and the interceptor starting pulling hard to port, the balencing engine had been hit. He whiped his fighter back around and got another quick shot of, coring the cockpit. Someone had been trying to shoot at him for a while now, but had only score glancing blows. He varied his turn and barrol rolled about to see BobaFett flash by his cockpit. He rolled the opposite direction in preperation for a head-to-head. He jinked up-down-left-and-right to avoid the spray of the single-fire lasers. Finnally he dove sharply down then rolled and hauled back on the yoke, firing the whole way back up, and taking the solar panels off of the fighter. He saw a wingpair angling in to attack Rukh. Rukh was concentrating rather intently on his prey and was only barely dodging the shots as he tried to make his kill. Japheth swooped down from "above" (as everything is relative in space) and took out one of the fighters, which he had only seconds before identified as being Matrix. "Third kill, not bad," he thought, "but then again, they are new, mustn't get cocky." He followed his curve into a full circle to confront the last of the wingpair, Emon, who was now fully aware of him. They lined up for the head-to-head, both fighters jinking and janking. Both firing furiously. Emon managed to take down Japheth's comm unit, but he wasn't talking much anyway. It would prove annoying in the near-future. Japheth though, managed to sheer off the starboard solar panel, sending Emon's stabalization off, rocketing him in a dizzying spiral out of the battle. Japheth swooped about to rejoin the fray.

-----------------------
Leading Crewman Japheth
FM/LCRW Japheth/Aegis 1-4/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)

"Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore;
Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I just don't care"
Rukh
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
December 18, 2001 9:53:46 PM    View the profile of Rukh 
[OOC:  Piett, Paan would never do such a thing. Stop being a jackass and go along with the story. We're just having some fun because there's nothing else to do.     "Wooohoo! Let's get these pansies! I call Arturus and Tarkin guys!" Rukh said.     "They're all yours Rukh." Said Kain as he swooped around to head to head with somebody.     Dillon turned to wing Kain. They both went streaking towards the Viper fighers. Blaster fire suddenly erupted from everywhere. The two squadrons had just made contact.     Rukh looked at his scanner, trying to find Arturus. He found him on the other side of the fight.     "Kain, I'm going after Arturus. Watch yourself." Rukh said as he veered off to the right to go after Art.     Rukh juked and dodged as he made his way towards Art. After a couple of minutes he got close to him. Arturus relized Rukh was after him and started trying to dodge. He turned tail and tried to run but Rukhs craft was much faster. Rukh let out a couple rounds of blaster fire at him, just nearly missing. Art pulled up, trying to get away, but Rukh already expected a newbie move like that and pulled up before him, pelting him in blaster fire.     "Rukh! Look out!" Someone's voice came over the commlink. Just then a laser blast went flying overhead. Japheth came swooping in and blew the figher that had shot at him to smitherines.     "Thanks Heth!" Rukh said, and then went to find Arturus again, he found him running away as expected. He wasn't to far off. Dillon throttled up and chassed him. When he caught up to him he laid down a line of fire, one of the blasts hit the thrusters and Art started to slow way down. Another one hit the wing which made Arturus spin out of control. Rukh let him be to spin for a minute and then vaped him.

-----------------------
Owner And Pilot Of The Skipray Boat "Starscream" Astral Guard Member Lusthawk Ten
FM/SRCRW Rukh/Aegis 3-2/1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VE/[=A=][=SA=] Dillon "Rukh" Lazar
TRN/IN Rukh/VCF Deathscythe/VEDJ/VE Dillon "Phoenix" Lazar
Aegis Squadron Flight Three Member Two
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 18, 2001 10:05:25 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
One by one the Viper pilots simulator's stopped. They alldismounted and met in the middle of the simulators until finally Tarkin and Arturus emerged. That was the last of the Vipers. They were throwing fits and wondering how Aegis did it. "Good job boys. Quit and dismount. Time to face the losers." Kain annonced over the comm. The pilots of Aegis all dismounted and turned their sims off. They celebrated all the way to the Viper's sim room. They opened the door and shouted in. "LOSERS" in unison. "How did you do it?" asked Piett. "I'd bet you'd really like to know, hug? Well, you were right, we hacked into your system and put our TIEs in the sime. However, we weren't in our TIEs, we were in the X-wings and K-wings flying around. We decided to put our TIEs in as decoys. Then after a couple of you were gone, we decided to bet you to your mission, thenfinish you off. We were successful." explained Kain. "But our mission wasn't to destroy the base. And why did you destroy all the rebel fighters?" responded Piett. "Well in that case, we robbed you of kills, foiled your mission, and killed you while we were drunk, just for fun. Not bad for a non"elite" squadron huh?" jeared sk8guy. Piett just turned and punched his TIE Interceptor simulator. How could he let them do this. Aegis just turned and left the room, singing and dancing and yelling hte whole way. How could they do that?

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
Gold Recruitment Award
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

December 18, 2001 10:39:33 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
However, Viper's special simulator was programmed in such a way to fit Piett's needs. He designed part of the system himself, therefore Viper Squadron was still in the sim. In the beginning of the simulator, Piett had to punch in a special key-word to activate the sim. Then the host, and only the host, as the ability to turn off the sim, unless a superior officer does so himself or herself... Suddenly, the Aegis squadrons were disappearing from Tarkin's radar.  "Heh, looks like they quit." Said Tarkin. Piett looked around while realizing that some of the Viper pilots have been taken out of the sim due to their T/I exploding. "Piett, you there? I haven't heard from you yet, now that Aegis is gone, you could've said something by now...but you haven't...what's on your mind?" Asked Tarkin. "The other Viper pilots. I didn't think they would be taken out so easily..." Tarkin chuckled over the commlink and shook his head. "They're still here, Piett." Piett's eyes lit up. "Oh?" Tarkin smiled. "Alright Vipers, report in!" Ordered Tarkin. "Viper three here." Said Scout. "Viper four here." Said Emon.  The list went down until it reached to Viper twelve. "How in the heck?" Said Piett, puzzled. "How could that be?  I saw Aegis take them out myself." "Aha, that's where you're both right and wrong." Said Tarkin. "Ok Tarkin, tell me how this is done then." Said Piett. "Well, you know that Mimica that I said we'd bring to the Atrus for further analyzation?" "Yeah." "Well, before we hit the sim, I asked one of the engineers if I could take a look at what they found. I got the schematics of the Mimica and put the schematics of the ship into the sim before we used it.  I knew that Aegis would tamper with our things, so it was a good plan on my part...heh, it was fun while it lasted. Their happy faces when they saw the Viper pilots, which were really the Mimica fighters explode...wheeeew!"  Tarkin laughed aloud. Piett laughed and shook his head. "Good thinking Tarkin. Good thinking." "That's not all, sir." Said Tarkin. "I don't know whether your aware of this or not, but this new simulator doesn't just come with really awesome odds and ends, but our fighters themselves are equiped for our needs." "I did notice something different on my radar. Just couldn't figure out what the difference was...a seperate computer or something." "Exactly.  That computer is only installed in the lead fighters.  That computer consol outfitted on your craft lets you control the variables in the simulator.  For example, you can add any type of craft with that computer, or take out a craft. Kick, in simpler terms."  Said Tarkin. "Very impressive.  So, you found this out on your own, eh?" Said Piett. "I figured it to be of a somewhat importance, sir.  I thought that I'd best figure out what this new sim can do, and all the odds and technological stuff it countains.  It's all to better our knowledge of flight skills, Piett." Piett thought a bit. "If our mission objective has been eliminated and all fighters destroyed...with this computer consol I can just reinitiate them." "Absolutely." Said Tarkin. Piett typed in several commands.  Suddenly, new Rebel fighters and their previous mission objective was reinitiated and running again. "Amazing..." Said Piett. "Heh, you better believe it." Said Tarkin. OOC: On a small note, Aegis, I know that all the Squadrons in the Navy want the Elite title, but let me tell you this. Obtaining or maintaining the Elite title is not just because you're squadron is the most active. That's not the whole case.  A lot of the part about obtaining the Elite status is showing that your squadron is disciplined and mature enough, not to keep or obtain the Elite title, but to also be a role model for other squadrons.  Just keep that in mind the next time one of you decides to make a negative response to someone else.

-----------------------
EFM/PO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-2/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV][=A=][=SA=][=MA=]

"For Viper Squadron, 'Failure' is not in our vocabulary." - Tarkin
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
December 18, 2001 10:57:27 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
OOC: Keep in mind, its all in fun. Fun is what its all about. And it was fun to do. Feel free to do something similar to us. And as a side note, if anyone wants to dispute my kills, I will see the in XvT (you should all take that as a challenge, thats what it is ment as)

-----------------------
Leading Crewman Japheth
FM/LCRW Japheth/Aegis 1-4/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)

"Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore;
Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I just don't care"
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 19, 2001 6:58:03 AM    View the profile of sk8guy 
OOC: Why can't you guys take a joke. Tarkin, I'm asking you to delete that post and have some fun. You can't be still in the sims if I wrote that you were already out. It's not fun when you mess up te story lines. C'mon, you can get us back if you want, but please delete that last post. It sounds so stupid that I said you were out of the sims and you said that you were still in there, unless you didn't READ my last post.Huh??!! Could that be the case? WEll if you did you would have noticed that is clearly said you were all out of your sims and we meet you i the sim room, so live with it, and stop trying deny our fun. I promise, you can get us back and we won't complain, cause it's all in fun. Stop being such babies. I could manipulate that post around Tarkin, but I choose not incourage your little, "Aegis will never beat us" attitude. Anyway, just please consider deleting that post and living with the story.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
Gold Recruitment Award
Piett
ComNet Initiate

December 20, 2001 5:52:08 AM    View the profile of Piett 
OOC: If anyone should be deleting posts people, it should be the Aegis Scum! First of all, Viper would never fall to your hands so easily! Second, you made our pilots sound like wusses. Third, IF I lost a battle, I would not say "How did u do it?" idiots! I have spoken to Riel and Paan, and I think that they would each like a word with you.

-----------------------
Officer Candidate Piett
Squadron Commander
Viper Squadron
Navy of the Vast Empire
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
December 20, 2001 12:05:19 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC:  Frankly, I don't care about what Aegis did or Viper did.  Get on with the story and stop your bickering, or I'll find a way to discipline all of you.  That's a direct order.  Now get back to the story. _________________________ Riel sat in the less than comfortable pilots chair.  He looked over at PJ.  "You okay?" PJ just nodded.  Riel noticed that he looked a bit pale, and sweat was beading on his forehead.  "Well, in about three more hours us and our escorts will be in the Amorris system. Then we can meet up with the fleet." The time seemed to slow down.  He couldn't believe how long it took for the shuttle to reach the Amorris system.  When they were two minutes away, Riel powered up the shields and lasers.  "Better safe than sorry, you know."  He had C3P-42 take the co-pilot chair and PJ went in the back and rested. They came out of hyperspace around the third planet in the system.  Wedge came over the com.  "Careful Rogues, there's been rumors of pirates in this system." Riel grinned.  Half the pirates in this system were under his direct pay.  But he would let these Rogues live, for now.  When he looked down at his radar, he saw a little blip.  Curious, he checked it out with his slightly less than legal sensor pack.  It was on the other side of the planet, so he doubted the X-wings could pick it up.  From the looks of it, it was a capital ship of small size.  Maybe a corvette.  Riel warned the X-wings, and they went to check it out...

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Riel Fury
Squadron Commander
Aegis Squadron
Gold Recruitment Commendation
Wing Commander Wing One
Victory Cross w/ Silver Trim
VE Pothead and Reborn Pimp
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 20, 2001 2:31:10 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf woke up the next morning a little uncomfotable he found it hard to sleep after all it was the first itme in monthes hed been away from the Artrus. he went over to the small complex's kitchen and found Mike there looking at one of the holonet news links. LoneWolf grabbed an alien looking pastery and ate it. "hey whats up?" lonewolf asked as he took a seat next to his friend, "what are we gonna do today i figured i'd head back after tonight." Mike sat thier then realised what LW grabbed "dont tell me you still like those nasty things? Galatic Tarts! oh come on bud!" LW rememberd his friends hate for the cheap morning breakfast. "Give me a break bud i havent had one of these in monthes, and its got the frosting i like!" mike just shook his head then after a few headlines on the news he said plainly, "My squad got a bid for a job supposed to happen in a few more hours wondering if you wanted to come" "What is it? and more importantly would i get paid?" Mike replied more excited than before, "one of the hutts is going to pay us to go after an imperial reniment which is trying to get some of hutt space. after looking at the Imperials name i figured youd probably wouldnt mind joining us one for the record books you know. if you join ill give you 30 thousand." LoneWolf almost spit out his mouthfull of food, "Why so much pay dont tell me their giving you that much!" "Yes they are that hutt thinks thier a security risk think they might take over Nal Hutta he wants them wiped out asap." "well if its blowing up some opposition for the vast empire and flying with you as my wing ill be glad to take it up any day witch faction is it do you know?" Mike took awhile to think then answered confidently, "think it was NI something like that what ever its supposed to be" "50 thousand my friend, pay me that much and itll be worth every penny." "Why" mike asked curisly LW answered with a grin on his face, "because i have more info on that fleet than that hutt has in any sort of credits." "you got it Jace you just better show me it fast though." "its in my fighter have a place i can land it?" "Yeah our command ship is on surface for maintance but you can still land on its dock." LoneWolf looked stunned, "you have a command ship?" Mike only grinned back, "its a strike cruiser named the Nomad its not our biggest ship though we have two more besides that and old VSD and a modified correlian gunship. ill give you a landing pass for th enomad and meet you there ok?" LoneWolf walked out the door to get his stuff, this was going to be funner than he thought.

-----------------------

"Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to."
-PO1 LoneWolf
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 20, 2001 3:09:54 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
sk8guy walked from the sims and toward the hanger. He decided to take the Forbidden for a test flight. He made his way over to the hanger bay and ordered a couple of targets to be dropped in the space outside the Artus. He got clearance from th brigde and powered up his systems. The ship breathed to life and radiated with power. He couldn't wait to fly his baby, to see what it could do. He throotled up the engines and engaged his repulser engines as well. His takeof was perfect. He cleared the magnetic field keeping the air inside the hanger and pushed his throttle to full. This ship could fly! He flow it around some targets and through the asteriod field. It had great handling and agility. Now he switched his laders on and shot a couple asteriods. The rocks exploded and dissipated against his sheilds. He then went through all the laser five laser cycles. When he cleared the asteriods, he switched to missiles and targeted one of the decoy targets. It only took a few seconds to lock and he fired. The missile was a standard missile, but the lock time was amazing. Then he switched to torpedoes. The lock time was the same, but he chose not to launch one. Then a voice came over his comm,"Nice ship sir. Pretty impressive." "Thanks," replied sk8. He wondered who it was. Then he recognized the voice. It was Paan. "Thanks Paan. I suppose you'll want to fly it sometime, huh?" "Possibly. But not at the moment. " he replied. "Well we'll see sir. I'm doand heading hom now." "Don't bother. I've got something I want you to check out. There's a signal on the other side of the system. Since you're out there, could you possibly check it out for me?" asked Paan. "Sure. You want me to go alone?" answered sk8. "I'm sending Kalebb out to join you. Good luck," said Paan. "Thank you sir." Kalebb exited the hanger and formed up on sk8's wing. He was in his TIE Fighter, but sk8 cut his throttle back so he wouldn't break away. "Nice ship sk8. I like it." said Kalebb. "Thanks. I don't see why we can't have fun out here too. Wanna see what it can do?" implied sk8. "Ummm, sure. I'd love to," said Kalebb. "Keep up if you can." yelled sk8. He throttled up and pulled some moves that Kalebb could barely mimic. He did twists and turns and flips, but he ended up losing Kalebb in his wake.He finally was done showing off and cut his throttle so he could catch up. "What happened, couldn't keep up?" "That thing can move. A TIE Fighter is no match for that, plus you're a better pilot than me." recovered Kalebb. "Well, that's true. Nice to hear you like it. Cost me a pretty penny. Let's get back to our mission." said sk8. The two fighters raced toward the last planet in the system to inspect the in system craft.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
Gold Recruitment Award
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 20, 2001 3:11:24 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
[This message has been edited by sk8guy (edited December 20, 2001 3:16:18 PM)]
Jedi
ComNet n00b

December 20, 2001 3:33:38 PM    View the profile of Jedi 
OOC:Well, seeing that we are out of the sims, that is where we will begin. Aegis, please don't hack in again Seeing that Aegis hacked into the Viper sims, they were invincible to any attack. Viper obviously didn't stand a chance. Piett decided that seeing it was late, he would have the pilots re-start the sim in the morning. --------------Viper Base 20:00 hours----------------------------- "Well everyone, it's too late to start another mission. Besides, I don't want you all to be so tired that you can't concentrate, so I will give you until tomorrow mornng to rest. I'm upset about what just happened, but I think it's more important that we get some rest. Go get some sleep! You wait and see, we'll get them back!" said Piett. "Thanks Piett, we could really use it!" replied Zed. "Don't mention it! Now get to your quarters, we have to be ready tomorrow.*Salute" said Piett. The pilots saluted and went off to their quarters. Piett went to check the simulators, to make sure that Aegis hadn't done any harm when they hacked in. "No harm was done thank Palapitine!" said Piett with a sigh. Piett decided that he too, should get some rest. There was a lot to do in the morning. While Aegis was off having the time of their lives, Viper was getting ready for their next big assignment. Back at Viper's Base Piett had his squadron assemble for their latest mission in the simulators. -----Viper Base 04:00 Hours-------------------- "Good morning pilots! I hope you slept well, but it's time to get back to work. We're going to finish the simulator this time with no interuptions." said Piett. "That's great Piett! It looked like a fun mission too!" said Tarkin. "That's good to hear Tarkin."Piett replied. "Because we are going to finish that same one today!" "Alright." replied Tarkin. "Yes Tarkin, training. We are all going back into the sims today. We have a new system to use this time, it allows me to control what ships come in and out of the sim. If you will all follow me into the training room please, we will get started." said Piett. -------------Training Room-------------------- Piett led his squadron into the training room. Inside was what looked like 3 sets of four ships: eight T/Is and 4 Assault Gunboats. "As you can see, the ships are working perfectly fine. I did an analysis of each one last night and added in that control feature. So, shall we get to it?" asked Piett. "Good! Then we will have no interuptions this time!" commented Zed. "Yes Zed, but we are set back as it is. We should get down to buisness now. Now, Pilots to your stations. We're going to take off in a bit. The sims will show the overview of the mission before ANYONE leaves. Now, let's go. My wing, come with me. The Vipers got into their sims and turned them on only to find that they couldn't see anything but the mission overview again. ------------Training Simulator: Mission Overview----------------- The sims displayed the overview just like a video com-link! The squad watched and listened while Piett explained the mission as the overview played. "Vipers, you can see here a new rebel base being built in the Solaris system with new superweapons. While KAPH was around some information leaked on the weaknesses of our craft and got through to the Rebel Alliance. They have since begun building this base to wipe us out. Although, it is not complete, some weapons are ready and can be dangerous. I do not know what they have built, so be on the lookout. Many X and Y Wings will be patrolling the area, as will the A and B wings. Our mission is to find out what they have done as far as weapons go, get inside the superstructure, and blow it up from inside. Also, take notice that many B-Wings are gaurding the weak points in the superstructure. They will have to be taken out first. There is also a bunch of Y-Wings patrolling the outside of the base. It almost looks like they are guarding something. Our primary goal is to find and take out the superweapons while getting as much info as we can. Then, we will find out what those Y-Wings are gaurding and destroy them. Once we do that, the entrance to the superstructure is well gaurded, so we will have to destroy any ships before they can call for help. Once inside, we will destroy all the B-wings and then target the main reactor. We will take out the main reactor. I also have found out that many K-Wings will be in the area. BE CAUTIOUS! These ships are super-powerful! That is all and may the force be with you!"said Piett during the overview. -----------------Simulator Mission---------------------------- The overview ended and the Vipers were brought to what looked like a Star Destroyer hangar. All the pilots were doing their system checks before takeoff. When everything checked out they took off and set course for Solaris! -------------------------Solaris 05:00----------------------------- The Vipers came out of hyperspace only to find that they were expected. There was a whole fleet of Y-Wings, X-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and even the dreadded K-Wings. There was also some unknown platfrom firing at them. "It looks like we were setup pilots! We're not going to let that stop us though! All ships report in!" shouted Piett into the squakbox. "Viper-One reporting" said Tarkin. "Viper-Two here. Let's kick some rebel arse!" said scout. "Viper-Three here! Awaiting orders." said Emon. "Viper-Four here. Where's my fish?" said Zed "Viper-Five here! Let's do this right this time!" said arturus. "Viper-Six here! I need to blow up something!" said Matrix. "Viper-Seven here. Ready and Waiting." said BobaFett. "Viper-Eight here! Let's go!" said Corran. "Viper-Nine here. They're going down!" said WarMaker. "Viper-Ten here. Let me at them!" said Grrl_Fury. "Viper-Eleven here.  Awaiting orders!" said darkomega. "Okay, there are a lot of fighters out here. I want my Wing to go after the K-Wings with me. My sensors say there are like 10 of them.  Zed, you and your wing please assist us. Corran, I want you and your wing to take out any other craft." said Piett. "Roger Viper Leader." was Piett's response from all of the squad. "Right! Now let's go show them what an Elite Squadron can do!"

-----------------------
Sargeant Jedi
Executive Officer
Raiders' Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
XO/TRP/SGT Jedi/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE]

"If we live in a peaceful society, why is there such an abundance of Evil?"--Jedi
JMac
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
December 21, 2001 1:27:28 PM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac woke up the next morning fully feeling the effects of all that alchohol he had downed the night before.  He vaugely remembered that he and the rest of Aegis had managed to hack into Viper's simulators and kick their rears pretty well, as well as how Viper didn't get the joke.  The rest of the night was kinda fuzzy.  Still, they would probably have a battle sometime in the near future, so it was time to start getting ready. JMac left his room wearing shorts and a workout shirt and jogged off towards the gym for a little PT before breakfast.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 21, 2001 6:30:00 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf brought his stolen ships controls up and fired the engines off in a "good moring" warmup. he lifted the gunboat off about a hundred meters off the ground and headed into the directions his friend gave him after a little he came to a repair docking site and gave all the clearance codes he needed to get on the Nomad. in no time at all he was landing his craft on the suprisenly nicely poslished floor of the strike cruiser's docking bay. LoneWolf got off his ship with his data pad and disk and went to the command deck to find his friend. "Good Morning Jace!" Mike greeted warmly, "welcome aboard 'The Nomad'" "Nice" LW replied, "modified?" "of course" LoneWolf held up the data disk from the destroyed star destroyer, "got a breifing room where i can present to you?" "fallow me friend, Officer Tell teh squadron to report in the briefing room asap!" Mike barked to one of the officers on deck, who quickly did as told. After lonewolf injected the data disk in the huge holo display a big map of the whole galaxy showed up showing marked territories and trade routes. LoneWolf seleceted the Hut Space sector and found the area his firends wanted to raid. the small area had an NI space station which was supposed to be gaurded by a imperial class 2 star destroyer and one more victroy class star destroyer. LoneWolf cleared his voice, "i dont think i need to explain much but there it is it has about three squadrons of tie interceptors and tie bombers protecting it take this out and youll destroy only a small outposts for the NI which is in hutt space. you wouldnt need to worry about back up after this is destroyed youd just need to patrol the sector and make sure they dont come back. other than that i believe you should all study the NI's fighter tatics they well trained and there shouldnt be any newbies at this out post either ill give you all a disk on their tatics once you leave. Now i beilieve ill turn it over to My friend Mike" LoneWolf sat down and waited quietly through the rest of the breifing. After the breifing LoneWolf went to the commadn deck with Mike and they talked a little after a while LoneWolf remembered what Mike tole him earlier about meeting an old friend. "Hey bud you never told me who i knew thats here?" LW asked after a while. Mike took a sip out of his corrillian ale then responded, "well speak of the devil" he looked into the view port and saw a lamba class shuttle jet across the screen and begin landing on 'The Nomad'. "well why dont i just show you mate." Mike said. LoneWolf fallowed him to the hangar bay to meet the mystery person LW obviusly forgot scicne he didnt have a clue who it was.

-----------------------

-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
JMac
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
December 21, 2001 10:22:54 PM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac started with some simple bench presses and medicine ball rotation to warm up, then he went into some harder leg presses, squats, and lats.  He then showered and got ready for the simulater.  He climbed in and started it up.  Soon he was pulling his TIE Bomber into some tight manuevers and vaping rebel ships.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 22, 2001 9:03:26 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen woke up to a dizzy morning. Shaking his head, he popped over to the bathroom and cleaned himself up before heading towards the Lounge for breakfast. After feeding himself some good fare, he lounged around and told some kick-knack jokes to some of his compatriots before washing up and heading towards the sim room. At the place, he found that Jmac was already engaged with a mission. Logging on, he quickly joined Jmac and they had many hours of fun blasting up craft after craft.

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Three Pilot One, Lusthawk Nine, Astral Guard Member
FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

December 22, 2001 10:17:40 AM    View the profile of sk8guy 
"Approaching th econtact Kalebb. Form up and we'll do a fly by and see who it is." announced sk8guy over his comm. "Alright sk8. Lead the way." replied Kalebb. The two craft neared their intended target. As they approached it, they could make its basic shape. It appeared to be a Carrack cruiser. Sk8 got a bad feeling, but they continued until they were sure what it was. It was indeed a Carrack Light Cruiser. Sk8guy switched his comm channel and hailed it." This is the Vast Empire fighters hailing the Carrack Cruiser. Identify yourself, you are in Vast Empire airspace." The cruiser didn't  answer so sk8  hailed them again. Still no answer. "Alright Kalebb, we're gonna do a fly by. " ordered sk8. "Right behind you, lead the way." Kalebb answered as he took up formation on the left wing of sk8's craft. As the two ships flew towards the carrack, it finally hailed them, "Break off Vast Empire, or be destroyed. This is New Imperium Cruiser Aurora Dawn.  Break off or we will not hesitate to blow you out of space." "Break off Kalebb." shouted sk8. He switched his comm channels again and hailed the Atrus. "This is sk8guy. That contact was a NI Cruiser. I'm gonna engage it, but some help would be appreciated.Over." "Copy that sk8. I'm sending the rest of Aegis out to help you. Good luck." came Paan's voice over the comm. "Alright Kalebb, I'm gonna go in for a bombong run, you hang back and wait for it to launch its fighters." said sk8. "Copy that. Good luck." Kalebb said as he turned and stayed out of range of the Aurora Dawn's guns. Sk8 set his throttle to full and switched to torpedoes, then put his targeting crosshair right over the bridge. But his sights slipped form the brigde to another part of the ship. He know that was the weak spot of the ship, he trusted his feelings now. Within seconds he got a lock and he unleashed a barage of torpedoes. Then he switched to missiles and unleashed six of them onto the cruiser. Then Kalebb's voice came over the comm, "They're launching fighters, break off your attack." Sk8 turned in his tracks. He raced to engage the new fighters. He switched to guns and set them dual fire. He would always have fresh guns now. Kalebb joined up on his wing. A full squadron of  TIE Interceptors was racing towards them. Sk8 wondered if these pilots were better than the ones they had previously fought. Before he engaged the fighters, sk8 glanced at the status on the Aurora Dawn. Its shields had dropped and its hull was down to 75%. Not bad for a first run. Sk8 and edged his finger down on the trigger and raked laser fire down the TIE  formation. He was rewarded to see three explosions and a couple interceptors break formation to return to the Aurora Dawn. Kalebb fired his lasers and got one interceptor before he had to swing around get on the tail of another. He looped around and lead his fighter onto the tail of two interceptors. He got a lock on one and blasted it into a orange fireball. The other own tried to juke and get Kalebb off his tail, but he was far to inexperienced and Kalebb was able to stick on him. He squeezed the trigger, and the TIE was history from his scanners. Sk8 fired and got another TIE it was down to four now. He saw a shieldless interceptor come racing towards him for a head-to-head. That was a stupid move,but sk8 fired and vaped him easily, that was three left. "Kalebb, think you can handle the remaining three fighters? I wanna get that cruiser." aske sk8 over the comm. "Sure sk8. Go ahead, if I need you I'll yell for help." announced Kalebb. Sk8 broke off to finish the Aurora Dawn. He switched to missiles again and targeted the same spot. He got his lock and fired the rest of his missiles. Now all he had to do was finish it off with guns. The missiles had taken its hull down to 45%. He throttled up and  moved in to finish it off. Kalebb announced over the comm that he was free to engage the cruiser now and sk8 ordered th go ahead. He pulled the trigger and his lkasers contacted with the hull. He had to juke to avoid the resistance fire coming from the Carrack, but that wasn't too hard. He finally broke off and had to swing out for another run. Now the Aurora Dawn was worried and strarted to break away for hyperspace, but it would still be another minute. That was plenty of time for another run. That would probably do it after Kalebb finished his run. The hull was now down to 15% and and sk8 was moving in for the kill. Once he fired off a couple of shots, the lasers firing at him stopped and a voice rang over his comm, "Vast Empire, we surrender, stop firing. We're powering down now and awaiting your boarding party. sk8 had to relay the message to Paan. "Artus, the NI cruiser, Aurora Dawn has surrendered and we'll need a boarding craft to come and take possession. All fighters have been destroyed, Aegis's help wasn't needed, but we'll glady patrol the area incase some friend decide to show up. Over" "Confirmed six. Sending in the assault transport Omega to take the cruiser. Patrol the area. Nicely done you two." came Paan's voice again. The rest of Aegis showed up, but sk8 informed them of the situstion and got congrats all around. Shortly after, Omega boarded the Aurora Dawn and Aegis escorted it back to the Artus. The Aurora Dawn followed suit, back to the Artus for repairs and a new crew.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
Gold Recruitment Award
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 22, 2001 2:50:04 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf walked on the polished floor with his miltary grade Knee high boots, they clanked on each step. mike and jace came up to the Lamba Class shuttle just as the door opened on the bottom. LoneWolf saw a pair of femal legs and then realized who it was. Penny was looking down at her data pad and didnt even notice LoneWolf till he came over and asked real casually, "Scince when did you start flying shuttles i always remember you being speciallized on ground assult?" The blonde haired young woman looked up and hugged Jace with her eyse glowing, "Jace i cant believe thats you! I thought I'd never see you again!" "Me too penny how did my Second get to higher you i thought you were working wiht the new republic?" "Well first of all the NR's pay stinks so i told them to shove it the second thing is that it wasnt Mike over here who did it was his boss." Penny released her grip on her old friend then asked, "So how come you decided to drop out of the sky again where in the galaxy have you been!?" LoneWolf fixed his blaster then said, I've been in the Navy" Penny gave him a puzzeled look. "Strange i didnt see you name on any of the squadrons." "Not for the New Republic" LoneWolf injected, "Ive been with an imperial faction recently got here because i barely found a trace of my bud here didnt expect to see you here though" Penny stared at him curiosly then added, "Boy im glad to see you here again its been too long Jace." She gave him another hug and jace returned it warmly then he broke off and said, "So you going on the mission were going on?" "Figures" she said, "of course youd never miss something like that i would join the inflitration team but the transprts are full" "Not mine" penny gave him a stare. "the GunBoat i barrowed has room for two so i could give youa lift to the station or the star destroyer whichever one you guys are going to board" Penny Looked at mike then back to LW and said, "Sure besides id love to be your co-pilot for this one time" the three friends parted for a little to get ready for the mission. After an hour or so Penny and mike met up with LoneWolf at his gunboat which he was working on. "Ready to go Penny?" LoneWolf asked as he zipped up the top part of his flight suit. "yeah Jace" Penny got onboard the fighte rthen LoneWolf went over to his buddy, "so youll be flying my wing?" "As always mate, my flight will join us too you'll lead." Lonewolf gave him a pat on the Arm and said cheerfully, "For old times sake Lets give them Hell!" Mike noded then headed off to his Toscan Fighter across the docking bay. LoneWolf climbed in the Imperial Gunboat then brought the fighter online. In a few minutes LoneWolf's flight and another complete squadron of multiple starfighters were leadin the Strike Cruiser 'The Nomad' and later meet up with the modified VSD, 'The Past'. They all hit hyperspace speed and headed towards thier destination. Stars streaked back into an actual picture LoneWolf Looked at his snesorss and saw everything as was predicted. Ties were being launched from the station it was only one squadron. "Ok People get ready" LoneWolf Barked.   ----------------------- PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)[SRC] "Aegis Squadron we dont need to improve because were already the BEST!" "Creativity is not a gift but a disease it will infect more people it is presented to." -PO1 LoneWolf Navy's best pilot
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited December 22, 2001 4:06:57 PM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
December 22, 2001 7:29:46 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel watched the Rebel fighters distance themselves from his shuttle and then began to search the holonet for Atrus.  He found out the last known position and began setting the coordinates.  "Ready to go home, PJ?" PJ didn't respond.  Riel thought he needed Bacta treatment immediately.  Either that, or he must have found Walter, the infamous glittersim smuggler, or gotten a hold of some of Bakura's finest.  But that wasnt' the point.  "Farewell Rogue Squadron,"  Riel said over the com.  "Not all rebels are that bad, it appears."  And with that he left them. ___________________________________ He emerged from hyperspace to the welcome sight of the Super Star Destroyer Atrus.  Finally, he was home. "Atrus, this is 2nd Lt. Riel Fury.  Permission to board." The communications officer replied, "Uh, sir.  We have no 2nd Lt. Riel Fury on our logs.  We do have a Captain Riel Fury.  Would that be you?"  There was a sound of mirth in the mans voice. "WHAT!!"  Riel exclaimed.  "When did this happen?" "Few days ago.  Get onboard, you missed quite a bit." ___________________________________ Claw was working on a TIE Defender when Riel finally caught up with him.  "Hey Riel, how have you been?" "Good, who's ship is that?" "Yours.  Gave it warhead launchers and proton torpedos.  Plus, you've got enhanced shields and a hyperdrive that could rival the Millenium Falcon.  And your countermeasures system has been slaved to your targeting computer, so when you get a missle lock, it'll fire a chaff at it.  Also, your sensor packages give you the sweep of a small starship, so you'll know when anything is coming.  That's all I had time to do.  And all this is at no loss to speed and maneuverability.  If you want more..." Riel stopped Claw.  "Thank you, thank you. That's great.  I'll call it the Blitzkrieg.  And thanks again..."

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

December 23, 2001 6:06:45 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf fired a combined combo of Lasers and Ions at the incoming eyeballs, and made them explode inot debris. The Gunboat then came up behind a flight of Tie interceptors and shot off two more eyeballs. "Your better than what i remembered Jace!" Mike said over the comm, he leveled his Toscan fighter next to LoneWolf's gunboat and fired off the rest of the ties. "good that does about half a squadron keep up the good pace" LoneWolf said then looked at his sensors then realized something wrong, "Mike you getting the readings im getting?" Mike took a few seconds then came back uneasily, "This isnt good im reading a command ship that means itll most likely call for back up if we dont finish it off soon." LoneWolf then told his passenger, "Penny i need you to anaylize that data disk i have in the back with you see which ship would be in the top 2 command chain if the first two were destroyed?" Penny took a moment then came back, "Wow they had a super star destroyer thos things are major threats well if its destroyed then the 'Nemisus' and the 'Nova Star' are the new command ships" LoneWolf looked at the ISDII's ship name and saw it to be the 'Nova Star' the new second in command ship. "Mike this isnt good this thing will have about 3 times more squadrons then what we have for sure we wont be able to win this battle this easy at all. im starting to consider a retreat" "Cant do that Mate" Mike came back quickly, "the one thign i didnt mention is that hutt will have my head and my squads if we dont do this pretty much profit or die situation" "Damit Mike i Told you those hutts were bad news!" LoneWolf took a breathe but still took out several more fighters, "Lets keep up the Pressure maybe well win" After 15 minutes Half of the complete Squadron Mike brought was destroyed. the group of fighters all formed up on LoneWolf Now and for the sake of it fixd thier transpnders to Phantom Squadron, LoneWolf and Mikes Old mercinary squadron name. "OK Phantoms keep it up i know we lost alot but they've lost more keep up the pressure, I want those bombers on that VSD NOW! i at least want it disabled!"  the 'Nomad' held decent ground for being out numbered but had to menuver behind the golan station for cover form the star destroyers. LoneWolf looked at the VSD's shields and finally saw them collapse.  LoneWolf brought his fighter around and fired his shots at the VSD after a while he saw it become disabled. "Alright that ISD still has soem ground to gain on us so lets get those ground assult teams on that station that way we can keep it of four backs!" "Roger that Phantom 1 well star deploying troop transports." came a voice from the 'Nomad'. LoneWolf talked back to his passanger, "Penny get your blasters ready ill drop you off once they deploy one round of troups on that thing k?" "OK Jace think you'll join me?" "hmmmm... Maybe later i think ill do better against these fighters for now" Penny took a pause then said, "OK ill get a trooper for ya!" LW shuckled then shot down another tie which got on his cross hair. The Stolen Imperial Gunboat unlatched from an access panel to the station a few minutes later, LoneWolf fired his engines off then continued back to the fighter battle. after he took out three more intercpetors Penny came back on LoneWolfs Comm with her, "Jace i we just caught a high ranker here he said he just commed for assistance from several ships in near by systems we stopped him after he commed for assistance from a carrack cruiser named the 'Aurora Dawn' he said he got that and two more victory star destroyers theyll be here shortly!"

-----------------------

-PO1 LoneWolf
Navy's best pilot
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:51:48 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 195  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >