Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Navy

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   
Author
Topic:  Chapter 8 : Navy
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  1025
Total Posts:  4197
  RE: Chapter 8 : Navy
January 5, 2005 2:34:54 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Bout finished then?  I suppose that's cool, I'll just get myself to bed...)

Shazam, not at all awkward or even stunned at the barrage of slaps and seering stings that now covered his face, seemed eager to get out of the ball.  He'd been watching the last two dances pretty quietly next to the punch bowl, noticing that the new recruit 'Laguna' was scamming on every woman in the room.  Shazam, somewhere in between jealous and humorous, he started making little comments to himself about the women that the young man was hustling around.  'What are you doing?  She eats beans with a spoon...  She has more than three pets, you'll be covered in hair everytime you leave...  She's got a disease...' Shazam chuckled too himself all though none of them were true.  Products of his bored over acheiving imagination that could only create negativity and over all stuidity. 

Sudden drowsiness took over though and he decided he'd take off...  Without speaking with anyone he exited the door, and headed down to the lunchroom.  He grabbed himself a sandwhich and gave lense a breif overveiw of the night and then finally went to his room to jam out for about a half an hour and went to bed...  He would await the orders from the bridge in the morning, it would be interesting being under a new squadron and all, so he would be up early...  Oh yes...  Nazgul would be flying...

(Sorry its so short, but I'm supposed to be playing guitar for somebody right now, just wanted to get myself ready for the next set of orders...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Initiate

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  179
Total Posts:  3245
January 5, 2005 5:36:26 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
So, after Jack was done dancing with his girlfriend and had a few drinks, Alexia left to go check up on her station. They said their goodbyes until next time, and Jack left for his quarters.

Along the way, Jack stopped in the docking bay. He saw the TIE Fighter he would fly for Nazgul. Once he was done in there, he made it to his quarters and fell down on his bed. He thought of all the new missions he would fly with Nazgul. After a while, he fell asleep, only to be woken by a strange noise in his cabin.

He got up, and searched the room. The noise was in his room, that was for sure. It wasn't coming from anywhere else. It was like a warning siren. And, in horror, the ship exploded around him.

Jack woke, panting, from the dream. The noise, in fact, was the chime on the door. He looked over to his mechancial right arm, which held a bottle of Corellian Ale. "Man, I didn't drink that much," Jack said to himself.

Since the door kept chiming, he opened it to reveal Alexia. "What are you doing here?" Jack asked.

"Something's happened. I can feel it. I had this dream about the ship exploding, and sirens everywhere, and-"

"Hold that thought," Jack interrupted. "I had the same dream. Something's telling me that someone we know's life is at stake. Why don't we go for a walk and find out." And together they left his cabin, to find out what was wrong.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Nebulax, Vast Empire Imperial Navy.
FL/SCRW Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 2-1/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Ullyr/Phare/Empyrean
Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Nemesis Wing
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

Post Number:  493
Total Posts:  4599
January 5, 2005 6:25:29 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will and Lauren danced with Jack and Alexia, having random conversations. Lauren danced slowly with Will, enjoying the moment. As the last song started, she rested her head on his shoulder, and relaxed to the soft beat of the song. Alexia had left with Jack after the previous song ended.

"hmmm, your hair smells good." Will said quietly into her ear.

"Thank you." she answered as she closed her eyes and moved along with Will in silence till the end of the song, wishing that this would never end.

When the song ended, she sighed heavily.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing, i guess im just kind of tired. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? You don't look so well."

"I think I just need some air. It's kind of crowded and over-heated in here."

"Wanto go for a walk? Since the dance just ended."

"yes, I would love to."

After Will and Lauren got done with there walk, they decided to go over to Will's room and watch some movie. It was still early, and they werent due at work until later in the week. They watched a comedy movie, laughed and  had a fun time. Before long, she was sound asleep on the couch. He turned off the movie, got a pillow and a blanket, carefully tucked the pillow under her head, and covered her with the blanket. She stirred a little, but didn't wake. He kissed her on the forehead, then went to bed as well.

When morning came, Will woke with a start, then realized that something was missing. Lauren was nolonger asleep in his couch, left while he was still asleep. But she had left a note on the couch, where she had slept the night before. The note read:

Dear Will,
Thank you for everything, for inviting me to your room, and for taking care of me. I am so sorry that I fell asleep in your room. I had a wonderful time last night. I hope that we will meet again, soon. Call me sometime: #####-##-###.

Love,
Lauren

Will entered the info into his datapad and pu the note on his desk. Then went to take a shower, he's got a new day infront of him. After he got dressed, he went down to get some food in his stomach.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we will do it again!
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1033
January 6, 2005 4:55:06 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam awoke about eight hours later, the dance had ended about six or seven hours before, so he felt he was just a little ahead of everybody and decided to do some quick lifting, he knew a guy who had been re-assigned to the Atrus because of some kind of probation that said he could only be called 'active' in the Navy if he were held aboard a Navy ship for emergencies.  This guy called himself Josh although his real name was something more like 'Bernard' or 'Bannerd', but he could not remember at the moment and instead turned his mind to what he was going to do in his thirty hours or so of break left.  It was kind of a long night for Chip though, he was sure, considering he had helped put the place together and would need to take it back appart, although there had been very little decoration and pretty little supplies; Shazam wondered if he had any of that punch left though, it was pretty good for something Chip made.  He could remember back to the time they had used a kitchen as an ammo warehouse... 

Anyways, walking along a row of rooms, Shazam submerged himself into the mind of tactics although he was more than a day away from his breifing, he was slightly nervous.  He thought flight leader was a big step, but man, a new Squadron?  He'd also gotten some interesting looks when he brought back the squadron 'Nazgul'.  In Shazam's mind it was a legend, a myth and a soul that had never actually reached the potential of which it had been originally produced.  Being a rookie at the time, Viper had reighned supreme and Kaph and Aegis had been simple compared to them.  He was envious, not jealous, and not hateful of the 'elite' status that had grown so strong.  In time though, the Navy began to grow weaker, and the name 'Viper' was left to the dust.  Nazgul had been disbanded at the beginning of the step by step fall in the Navy.  However, with the ever declining numbers came greater and greater pilots, but they also disappeared quickly do to poor training and extremely poor circumstances.  Far too many times had Shazam been spared because of dumb luck and the person right next to him been blown away, not even a trace of them left... 

Shazam arrived at Josh's room, he knocked three times and waited at the door, pretending to scrap the plaque from his teeth.  After a few moments the door slid open about an inch and an eye peaked through the small space, twitching at first, then relaxed.  The door suddenly flew open and a tall young man with toned muscles and a sharp face stood before him.

Now, you have to understand, since Josh had been put on so called 'Probation' he'd been a bit edgy about everything; opening the door at a crack to protect himself from intruders or just to know better on an imperial stardestroyer of which he was allied with hundreds if not thousands of people on board was only the beggining. 

Shazam stepped inside to find something cooking on his little stove as well as an open bottle of the legendary 'Sun Drop' on the counter. 

"What're you burning now?" Shazam cocked his head to the side and looked around the room not noticing even the slightest change from the last time he'd been down there.  Every once in a great while it was good to have the feeling your keeping fit although your really not at all and the most workout you get is running to the hangerbay in 'emergencies'.  He'd accidently met Josh in the hanger bay when he came in from some planet because of his little incident.  More than one time there had been people brought aboard to be contained so they would cause little to no trouble in the VE; most of the time these people were held seperately and in some distant laundry room.  Josh had been walking off the ship and was extremely angry about having to come aboard a stardestoyer.  Shazam, checking up on his ship had been kind of upset when he was knocked down by the man passing him.  Never the less he got back up and started back to his ship when Josh turned around and grabbed him from behind. 

Shazam, on instinct, grabbed the mans arm and had no joy in finding he could no lift him over his shoulder to the ground, so instead popped his elbow into his side and then wrapped his leg around his own and threw him to the ground.  As soon as Josh hit the ground though his legs were in Shazam's chest and he was thrown back about six maybe seven feet.  Still airborn, Shazam twisted around in the air and managed to land himself.  Two men working on a Tie tried tackling him to the ground but were stopped in thier tracks when one of his arms almost killed the two them...  Shazam got a running start and jumped mid-air and did a kungfu kick into the guy and set him down pretty abruptly.  Josh complimented him on his fighting skills, Shazam didn't press charges and the two of them started hanging out as long as Shazam was still alive when he got back. 

Lifting weights helped him take his mind off of being on a ship and being sent away to some random battle that could get him severelly injured or dead. 

"I was just cooking up some of my famous chili, want some?" Josh had taken out two plastic bowls and two badly shappen spoons from a small drawer.  Shazam nodded to the request and went over to the bench press and took off about twenty pounds so he could do some repitition.

Starting his little workout, Shazam breathed as regularlly as possible while trying to maintain the same speed in his lifting.  Josh set down his bowl next to the bench where two full baskets of laundry were sitting.

Josh ate his chili and went back for seconds, and Shazam did three or four sets in peace and quiet.  Josh cured that though and turned up the comstation he always listened to.  "So how was that dance last night?  Heard it was all old fashioned and stuff..."

Shazam stopped and chuckled then sat up and took a spoonful of Chili and gulped it down; pretty good for Josh, he thought.  "Not too bad, somebody tried to steal my guitar but I managed to get it back.  Plus I think I mate amends with that chick I was telling you about." Shazam said and Josh nodded his head at the mention of 'the chick' and made a statement about her behind.  Again, Shazam chuckled.

"So, dude, do you ever miss the army then, or do you just hate it here?"  Josh sighed and shrugged. 

"Seriously, I don't know anymore.  It used to be like, 'Why are you taking me away, I love my job, let me do my job'," he said, making little motions with his hands to emphasize his 'weakness; Josh often called himself stronger.  "Now its like, 'I don't know why I liked it.  I got treated like crap because of that snobby little brat.  Every time I thought of that guy I would go over to the weights and start pumping away, but now I don't really think I hate him so much anymore..."  Shazam took the last spoonful of chili and gulped it down real quick.  He would go now...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) [LoM] [LSM]
Kaminari
ComNet n00b

Kaminari

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  14
January 9, 2005 8:44:55 PM    View the profile of Kaminari 

(My REAL introduction on the Story boards.)

A day after graduation from pilot training, Kaminari had been assigned to Kaph Squadron aboard the Atrus. The ship and its crew seemed friendly enough, and the environment was relaxed, for a Navy ship. Kaminari regularly wandered about the halls when off-duty.

Fortunately, he hadn't re-created his troublemaker reputation. Kaminari was known for swoop racing and street fights before he joined the Navy, and had been careful not to let his past catch up to him.

It seemed like there was a lull in activity aboard the Atrus. Kaminari had just missed a big party aboard ship, and nobody had heard anything about new orders. All he could do now was wait.

-----------------------
FM/CRW Kaminari/Kaph 2-4/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)

Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1087
January 12, 2005 10:33:38 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam always left after about ten minutes, always asked a question about 'if' or 'what'...  Not for himself, but for Josh, his leave from the Army was killing him on the inside, and he was only trying to make it better for himself on the side.  So, the young imperial pilot would make it around every once in a while, have something to eat, maybe play a quick game, or simply lift weights.  Josh lifted every day and every night, took the frustration out of being cooped up in a flying piece of tin, he said.  Shazam felt bad for the guy, reguardless of what he thought of the Navy, being away from your friends and your job can really be heartbreaking. 

Shazam decided he'd stop by the lunchroom before he went on ahead and checked the updated roster for his squadron.  Lense always worked because he was a complete insomniac and never actually knew what time it was up in space, so he slept sparringly.  Every once in a great while he could be seen taking a nap in the back of the kitchen on the counter, breathing in and out in great breaths that made things roll in front of him.  He was a good man, worked a little nonstop, but a good guy; he never seemed to lose his cool about anything either. 

"How are ya doin' today, Lense?" Shazam said, Lense seemed pretty awake for seeming so drowsy a couple of hours before.  One of these days, it would be good to know when to sleep, he thought to himself.  "I need something to grab and go, have to check the roster.  Since I got the new squadron I can't help but feel edgy.  Plus we're ganna get goin in about a day or two, so decided I'd have a stroll around the block." Lense nodded his head and went a little sideways, craning his head to the left like mynock bat, and surveying a large menu.  The little cafeteria was extremely cozy at that moment, and all was still and warm, and just...  Shazam would take a couple of trips around the stardestroyer after this. 

"How about...  Awe, how about a Shacknes?  Those are excellent in the morning, and they'll fill you up," Lense pointed out.  Shazam shrugged it off and said-

"How about cerial?  I havn't had a good bowl of cerial in about a year or two...  I know you guys only have that crappy imperial issue stuff, but I'm feelin good today." Lense chuckled and 'okayed' it, then went to a side compartment down the long hall of pantries and ovens.

"Man, theres a lot of outdated stuff here, but I think, yup, here's some Goldens, I always liked these..."  Lense brought out a golden box with some almost dotted, looking cerial.  Oh yes...  Goldies...  People always put a different suffix on them, but they were the same.  Shazam filled up a plastic bowl with them and took a plastic spoon from a dispencer.  Shazam gave Lense a wave/salute and headed out the door.

To the Bridge, he thought to himself, exiting the Cafeteria door and taking a stroll down to the lifts.  Tasting the brandname cerial, Shazam lavished the tasted that had so long ago annoyed him because of  exceptional overuse... 

As the lift doors opened, Shazam was struck with a face of pure awe.  An absolutely beautiful woman, black hair, olive skin, a sharp featured face with long eyelashed that brought out the black glowing orbs she had for eyes, and one hell of a body that had been slipped into a military issue bridge uniform.  She was leaning up against the back wall of the lift, looking up at the floor numbers then glanced down at him.  Such incredible hotness could not be remembered in Shazam's head, so stuffing she was, Shazam could not move.  That is until the doors started to close and reflexes took over, throwing him in between the doors and crashing him against the wall that the young lady had been leaning against. 

"Whoa, heh," she giggled very girlishly, as she stepped back and let Shazam hit the wall at full speed.  Shazam fell to the ground but was up in a second, its alright, I'll make that one up, he thought to himself.  Since she had already said something Shazam went on ahead and tried to be chivilrous...

"Excuse me, I just kind of blanked out there, you okay?"  He said, she nodded and held her little folder that Shazam had just now noticed, she must have been holding it behind her, in front of her, crossing her arms around it.  Shazam leaned in and was about to push the button that went to the bridge floor, but it had already been selected, so he shyed on back to his corner...  The lift resumed its climb and Shazam clung to the wall as if he was going to be sucked away; this was the single hottest women Shazam had ever seen, the hottest of hot, hotter than Coco...  He must have her...  But how?  She's so...  Hot.  Shazam, still clutching the wall, sat there admiring her, she was perfectly curving and her mid-section was absurd in its perfection.  My god, Shazam was stuck in absolute admiration of a single human being, it was beyond him why he didn't say anything to her, maybe he was afraid, either way, talking to her seemed to be like an instant death.  Thy shall not taint the hotness.  My god...

The lift finally reached its destination, no, too soon, had it only been twenty seconds?  The door opened and the woman walked out, Shazam almost sunk back to the ground as the hips moved ba...  He shook his head to rouse himself from the instant trance the woman had put upon him.  He exited the lift as well.

His eyes followed her until she was out of site behind some console talking to someone, at which time Shazam went on ahead and went to a display that showed the current squadrons.  Shazam had to scroll down a page in order to find his own squadron.  He smiled proudly at seeing his name at the top but then looked down the list to find some very unfamilier names...  Well, they were familier, but he just hadn't recognized them.  Dirk, he had met earlier on when the Squadron first came around, and was told he would be in with him, so that should be good, he thought.  Judith, didn't put a name with a face on that one, Shazam would have to go around and meet some of his pilots, he noted.  Jack was sitting in the Flight 2 lead spot while Owoemana was sitting under him comfortably.  Shazam had heard a little bit about the pilot and hoped he would be able to get right into the battles although he was fresh from the Academy.  Laguna, Shazam also recognized, and had actually met, so this would be a familier member...  Shazam hadn't realized how quickly he'd run though it all in his mind, but it was good to know the names...  He would need to appoint a new flight leader soon...

Shazam was again cut off in mind though by the image of the young women from before, this time she stopped and said, "Hi" and stepped infront of him to the console to change something in the order on another squadron.  She was leaning over, perfect in every essence...

(This is fun to write.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Dirk
ComNet n00b

Dirk

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  10
Total Posts:  23
January 12, 2005 12:25:50 AM    View the profile of Dirk 
A short time ago:

"Two-three here, got two on me, I can't shake them!"

"Du'ab, two one marimba rab hab woa" Dirk jabbered quickly in sullustese. El'osix his translator quickly changed it over to common. Two one fall in tight, wait for my mark to break

"Understood," 2-1's Tie fighter fell in behind Dirk's. He watched his sensor readout carefully. All the time his mind working out trajectories, velocities and timescales. He came down at the head-hunters from above at full speed, his wingman pulled in tightly behind him. The move would require precise timing, but Dirk knew the limits of his ship precisely. The second head-hunter pulled away from pursuing 2-3 just as he predicted, trying to draw him away.

"uaba!" Break! he shouted. His wingman pulled out from behind him and went after the second head-hunter. Just as it seemed Dirk would fly straight past the head-hunter he made a minute adjustment to his speed and pulled up hard.  His Tie fighter dropped in right behind the head-hunter that was still bearing down on his fellow Tie pilot, almost too close. He fired his lasers from almost point blank, tearing away pieces of the Z-95's right foil. Dirk pulled away almost immediately, fearing damage to his fragile tie.

"Thanks for that," 2-3 said over comms. Dirk pulled around just in time to see his wingman blow apart the second head-hunter.

Suddenly the view through his cockpit screen faded to black and his instruments switched off. Dirk quickly unclipped his helmet and pulled it off. He stepped out of the simulator into the observation room behind him. L-06 detached itself from the simulator, the small, spherical translator droid hovered up to head height on its repulsorlifts and floated after him. Dirk had built the droid so that it could be hard wired into the comms system of any star fighter, although Dirk understood common perfectly well these days he still couldn't speak it fluently.

"Well that was a decent showing," said the training officer. "Your flying was efficient and you pulled off some very tricky moves, excellent text book stuff! Sometimes you seem to shy away from taking risks and I'd have to say your flying does lack imagination. Then again we don't officially encourage that sort of thing here. I'm glad to say we'll be shipping you out from the academy tomorrow with the next batch of recruits. Gather your things and check your holo mail for further instructions. Congratulations!" A formal salute was all he extended in the way of recognition.

Dirk blasted off another load of quick Sallustan, like most of his kind he was quite excitable. He his arms around emphatically as El'osix quickly translated his thanks.

Dirk read off the data pad he held in his hands. El'osix hovered over his shoulder, trying to read the document at the same time. The little droid was not supposed to be complex enough for self awareness, but Dirk hadn'' wiped it's memory in years and he swore the little thing was getting erratic. "When you arrive at your station report into your assigned station immediately. Once you have had some time to settle in, it is recommended you look up your direct commanders and squadron mates. Spending time in simulations with them is recommended to keep your squadron at maximum efficiency."
"Woah!" Dirk said, looking out the viewport at the command ship for the first time. El'osix sensed that even if anyone had been listening, that no translation was necessary.

-----------------------
FM/CR Dirk Muab/Nazgul 1-3/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE
[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited January 12, 2005 12:26:28 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1102
January 16, 2005 1:22:16 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
"How you doin?" came the nostalgic reply from the young bridge girls whose clothing seemed to be extremely revealing for an imperial uniform.  Shazam found himself at a complete loss for words, not being able to tell exactly what her disgust was, so he said-

"Ye-yes," She was too hot for him, he should have known better, but Shazam sat in quiet interest as she began to giggle at the stupid question.  She smiled gently but charismatically and continued to enter her information into the display.

"Well, I'm very good.  It appears your busy so," Shazam said trying to save himself the embarrassment.  He began to step away, but a firm arm with a gentle gripped stopped him in his tracks. 

"My names Terra," her head still looking down at the display, an ironic look on her face as she entered the information with her left hand; Shazam had begun leaning against the railing next to the screen.  What now?  Oh yea&

"My names Shazam," he said, putting his hand through his hair like an idiot. 

She nodded her head and said," I know." She held up a data pad with his picture and ID next to it.  "I wouldn't have come over here if I didn't.  So are you following me?" She said abruptly, turning casually but with sharp precise execution.

Shazam paused for a moment, surprised by the question and aw struck by the immense beauty she seemed to radically grasp.  "No," he said, but then he narrowed his eyes with a question of his own.  "Did you come over here just to talk to me?" his eyebrows raised a bit. 

Terra nodded and then started shaking her head back and forth: yes and no.  So she actually had work to do, but she was curious, he liked this girl, but she seemed to be way out of his league; she was talking to him though, so that was cool.  That was fine, Shazam continued on with his own explanation of why he was actually there though," I was just coming to figure out exactly who's in my squadron."

"Yea, you re-opened it.  Bold." She had now turned back to her little console and started typing away about something.  Shazam felt bold, so he decided to make an critical move&  He put his hand on her shoulder and slowly turned her, without a threatening grip and more commandingly than anything, as if she had no real choice.  "Yep, I suppose it was, but now I'm talking to you."

He had regained her attention without alerting her: all was well.  "Yea, I suppose you are, but now I have to go back to work, so let me just leave you with my name, I'm sure you'll know where to find me," she said pleasently.  Shut down.  She stood up straight, allowing her blouse to settle out a little and she strode away from Shazam briskly&  Shazam was kind of lost really, but shrugged it off and looked upon his recent conversation as an accomplishment. 

Now that he was done chatting with this 'Terra', his eyes had followed her all the way back her to station, he actually had a goal in mind for what he was supposed to be doing.

Pulling out a data pad, Shazam unhooked a small chord from the back that unwrapped around a small hold.  The end of the chord had a rectangular metal connect at the end that hooked into audio and video ports that aloud the pad to upload and download information.  Of course, it's not so easy in an Imperial Star Destroyer, so passwords were found around every corner, and Shazam was currently able to draw and input such information into certain devices, so he entered his password and id into the pad into the computer that was hidden somewhere within the wall, and the black background that had turned black suddenly revealed all of the information on his Squadron and its members and Shazam did a quick upload.

Shazam wasn't actually done yet though, his upload was only the beginning of his original plan; its good to be informed but even better to know the people you'll be informed about.  Being a family man, or at least wishing he could have been, Shazam decided his members should meet, or they would only know each other in the briefings which was never quite the same. 

Now, with the data pad still plugged in, he used the terminal to write a message inviting the members of Nazgul to 'a dinner'.

Speaking with Lense,  Shazam put out an invitation to everyone about his 'pasta' dinner.  Nothing like a good old pasta dinner, he thought to himself, gives you energy, creates awareness, and people mingling does promote some kind of significant interaction. 

Shazam paid Lense for the supplies and set a dinner for eight; people who wanted food from the cafeteria would have to wait a half an hour while everyone ate.  He felt really tired but could feel how awake he was, so he allowed himself to create a mass supper for everyone in his Squadron, what could be better?

The time had been set for later that evening, about fifteen hours until their briefing the following day.  This would be something more or less 'friendly' in nature, but also a serious event, it would help him to understand his squadron, it's taste, it's boundaries, and even its character, all of which were important on commanding such a squadron.

No speeches, he told himself, he didn't know if he was good at them yet, so he would avoid it at all cost.  In the message it said to come in comfortable but presentable clothing, so Shazam just wore his Naval Dress Uniform which consisted of knee high leather boots, a black belt with a silver buckle, black trouser tucked into the boots, and the charcoal grey bolero.  Slightly ridiculous, he always thought, but proper for the occasion, Shazam made sure to add some of the ribbons he'd recently been awarded with, having some trouble at first he ended up having to take the top off again just to get them on.  While Shazam was fumbling with the thing he heard a knock at the door; Shazam went to the door and allowed it for access.  The white door suddenly sprang up and Jack walked in with a similar outfit.  "What are we eating again?  I'm starving."

Shazam grinned and threw on his now completely accessorized jacket and said," Well, there should be a pretty good assortment of pasta so you should be satisfied man."  Jack seemed to be content with this answer and tried to find a place to wait while Shazam completed his dressing, well, tying his boots up anyways.  Jack leaned against the plain white wall and looked around the small room, he'd only been in there maybe once or twice.  A guitar sat in the corner and the small cot like bed to his left side, the customary white bedding had been torn off and only the covers remained; dark blue sleeping back material, without the zipper of course, was sitting there instead, laid flat out against the bed.  About a foot from the bed was a high-powered fan that looked like it could bring the place down to about five below.

"What the devil," Jack kind of smirked and started chuckling loudly.  On Shazam's bed was a silk teddy bear, he used it for a pillow, but Jack didn't know that.  Shazam turned around, spotted the little thing and threw it under his bed where it was still very visible, but it relieved him slightly; Jack continued to giggle mischievously. 

"I'm done here, lets get goin," Shazam said, he wasn't agitated, just edgy.  He reminded himself though, he had nothing to be afraid of, it was them who would have to be extremely superior tonight. 

Shazam opened the white door once again, this time exiting, Jack followed, the two of them walking as tall as possible walked to the cafeteria.  They had to go up the elevator, down a hall, take a left, then a right to actually get there, but it seemed they'd only walked down the hall and Lense' door had only taken a few seconds to reach.  As they entered the door, the five table had not been moved, one in the far left hand corner, one right at the entrance, a slightly larger square table sat in the center, and two other circular table filled around it. 

Jack had mysteriously disappeared to the lunch line, a fierce hunger had taken over him and his appetite had suddenly become monstrous.  "No eating until I say," Shazam warned to the eager XO of Nazgul Squadron.  Shazam didn't really need to make any adjustments to the tables or chairs, silverware and plates had already been set on all the tables, there were no assigned spots. 

Shazam designated himself in front of the door; his slightly curly dirty blonde hair was left untamed as always, forming its own shape.  Just as he assumed, everyone would be early though, coming in one at a time. 

Jack had taken his spot next to him as the first person walked in, who just so happened to be a women.  Shazam welcomed her and said to her," I'm WO1 Shazam, this is Jack Nebulax."  She nodded curtly and said in return-

"I'm Judith," said the young lady, and shook both of the mens' hands. 

"And I'm Art," said a foreign voice from behind Judith, "Sorry I'm late guys, been a while Shazam."

"Yea it has, heh," Shazam said, grabbing Art's hand and giving it a good shake, then Art did the same for Jack and went to Jack's side, Judith went to his side.  Good, Shazam thought. 

The next to come in was Owoemana, he walked down the line, introducing himself as the other person would introduce him or herself, each of them very friendly.  This was a better system than Shazam could have imagined; Owoemana stepped in behind Judith.  Next was a sulusten with a droid, he introduced himself as Dirk and made his way down the line; they would have some variety, Shazam thought to himself.  As he took his place next to Owoemana, the final member of Nazgul, walked through the door. 

Shazam and Laguna had met, Jack had seen him around, so all seemed to be well, and Laguna introduced himself to the rest of the crew and stood next to Dirk.  Everyone was here.  Shazam glanced at Jack, who glanced at Art, and Shazam strode to the center of the room, standing in front of the large square table; Lense was looking on from the buffet&

"Please, take a seat." Shazam gestured to the seats all around him then continued on," Well, there really isn't a need for a speech, so I'll just give you my guidelines, what you must know in order to survive this squadron under my command."  His eyes had become livid and turned to a dark blue, the group of pilots suddenly became deathly silent.  Excellent, Shazam thought, this isn't a speech, I can do this.

"First off, Jack is my XO, treat him as if you'd be directing yourself to me.  Do not attempt to undermine anyone in this group.  There is no need, act like a family and you will fly like you have never been aloud because of the constraints of 'chemistry'.  If you're a group, you trust each other, you fly together, I've got not problem from you and I can ask little more."  He paused for a moment, taking a glance at everyone in the room.  "Number two, besides treating everyone with the utmost respect, remember that you are carrying the name of this Squadron at all times, the single slightest discrepancy can offset the type of reputation we're trying to achieve here.  The goal of this squadron is to achieve the goals of the Vast Empire, but that does not mean we can not be respected within that group, so I ask of you, please&  Conduct yourselves with the utmost certainty in all of your actions."  Shazam looked gravely upon his young pilots, they were mostly fresh from the academy with some minor experience in flying for other factions.  "I can only say one more thing to you, and that is to warn you.  This is a dangerous job, you are putting yourselves in harms way, things will surprise you, guaranteed.  You must keep your cool when things seem to go wrong, this is a group and we're are always there for each other.  We are a team."  All the pilots remained motionless, Jack seemed to look pretty sharp at the mention of the possible danger. 

"Now then&  Lets eat!"  a couple of shouts erupted in the dull silence and everyone rushed to the food without further delay; Jack had even been broken from the trance and managed to sprint to the front of the line before anyone arrived.  Lense was smiling wickedly at the instant attack on his food, must be good, he thought. 

(Feel free to have your own conversations, I'm ganna post again and end it in my next post I think.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 16, 2005 1:31:36 PM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Cadet

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  227
January 16, 2005 2:35:06 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
So, as the pilots sat down, Jack began talking to the new members. He saw Dirk, the Sullustan, and started chating with him in the Sullustan language. Back at the Space Academy on his homeworld, he'd studied many foreign tounges and was pretty familiar with them. Jack began to ask Dirk a few questions about him.

"So, Dirk," Jack began in Sullustan, "how long have you been flying?"

"Beats me," Dirk said in Basic. Apparently, Jack had been so hungry that he didn't see the translator droid with Dirk.

"Sorry about that," Jack said in Basic. He began talking to Art who already started eating, and Jack started eating himself.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jack saw Alexia in the buffet line. "Execuse me for a second," Jack said.

"Sure buddy," Shazam replied as Jack left.

"Who is that?" he heard Judith ask. Jack couldn't hear Shazam's reply. Jack slowly walked to Alexia.

"Still upset about that wild goose chase the other night?" Alexia asked Jack as if reading his mind.

"Ah, I'm used to it. I've been on plenty of them," Jack replied as he started fooling around with his super battle droid arm. "So I take it you're on break," Jack said.

"Yep. And you're on a...?" Alexia asked.

"A 'get-to-know-your-fellow-Nazgul-squadronmates' thing. I'm surprised Shazam asked me to become the XO of Nazgul," Jack said.

"Hey Jack!" Shazam yelled from the table, "You're food's getting cold!"

"Be right there!" Jack yelled back. "Listen Alexia, why don't you stop by later. Maybe we can do something," Jack suggested to Alexia.

"That sounds nice," Alexia replied as Jack went back to the table.

"See ya later," Jack yelled to Alexia. Then Jack sat down to finish eating and meeting his squadronmates.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1106
January 17, 2005 4:22:02 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(See, that isn't so hard...  Well done Jack.)

Well then, party on, Shazam thought to himself.  Random people seemed to be appearing out of no where, which really wan't a concern of Shazam's now that everyone seemed to be served and he'd gone through his 'speech-that-wasn't'.  Shazam was full now that he'd been served a full meal, so he would wait a couple of minutes before he announced some festivities.

Josh, the man who lived in the laundry room and lifted weights to ease his pain, appeared beside him, where Jack had been sitting before he had taken off to see his lady friend.

"Congrats Squadron Commander," he said, a grin from ear to ear, he took Shazakm's hand and shook it vigourously.  The Nazgul man seemed to be content as well and guestured around the room.

"Pretty good turn-out I'd say.  A few rogues here and there, but mostly what I was hoping to accomplish." Shazam said, returning to his plate to try and eat a few more things before he felt vommiting was necessary; Lense had cooked too well.

"Yea, well, we'll see how happy they are once you get the dart board out..."  Shazam chuckled and glanced under the table to make sure his 'festivities' were all there.  Nothing like playing good old fashion darts, although he knew better than to use real darts around his trigger happy company. 

Laguna was sitting about two feet away mixing salt with some table spices and pouring them into his drink, oh he'd better not, Shazam thought to himself.  He looked away and shook his head when an uproar of laughter suddenly exploded next to him.  Judith seemed content watching at first, so Shazam said nothing and let her carry on, and Owoemana was laughing pretty good about Laguna's sudden inability to stop coughing... 

Shazam glanced over at Lense who was serving the last dish and getting ready to prep the cleaning facilities behind him.  The new squadron commander finally decided to put up the dart board after he had told Jack to finish his supper.  Alexia, she seemed nice, he thought to himself as his XO came back a little more pleasent. 

Green curving rectangles quadrants surrounded the center of the board, smaller red squares settles around that; it was a game of skill that had Shazam had aquired while associated with Josh.  Setting the magnetic pads against the steal covered corners of the room, Shazam pulled out three plastic tipped darts from the leather bag he'd pulled out from under the table. 

Everyone seemed to be standing now, huddles in groups of two or three, talking amounst themselves, so Shazam began a duel with his freind. 

Shazam held the dart nimbly in his fingers and held his hand still for a moment, then swished it around in the air for a moment, balanced out once again and then pulled back and let loose.  It was airborn for about half a second before it met with full force into the cushioned material that grabbed onto it by letting it break through.  Green...  Damn.  Shazam aimed carefully now, and did again with the green.  Josh is ganna be on me for that, so I'd better...

"Man, your about as bad as my sister..." Lense said now walking towards him, snickering at Shazam's slight misfortune.  Shazam shook his head boldly and backed up a little.  Now, he prettended to dig his foot into some sand then held out his arm as to aim and let forth a might toss that would go down in the history books as! Red...  Crap. 

Josh stepped up as Shazam walked down the path of disgrace to go retrieve his darts from the cushy substance on the dart board.  As soon as Shazam pulled the pointed plastic heads out, the comfortable substance molded the hold out so it seemed as if it was never there. 

"Your sister?  You have a sister?," Shazam said, his head no longer bowed in shame.  "Is she..."

"Shut-up man, I'll break your hands and you'll never play that guitar again," he said protectivelly.  Shazam attempted to stare him down...

"Oooh, how bout that?  Blue, the only color you've never managed to hit...  Intriguing." Josh said with a proud sly remmark as his dart hit center the board his first try. 

"But its my favorite color, I must have hit it once..."  Shazam tried to say as Josh threw yet another bullseye, almost coliding with his first dart. 

"Now, Tara can not do that," Lense said, commenting childishly.  Tara...  The name sounded familier...  Didn't it?

"I've got deserts!"  Came a 'familier' voice from the kitchen.

"That reminds me, she was supposed to help me out today, you havn't met her I don't think..." Lense said, and started through a couple of people to make his way to his sister.  Shazam poked his head around Jack and Laguna to see a pretty young woman in a black blouse and a white blouse...  Holy crap, it's the one chick, he thought.

He suddenly ducked down and hid himself behind Josh as he threw his last...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Dirk
ComNet n00b

Dirk

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  12
January 18, 2005 3:53:13 AM    View the profile of Dirk 
"I'm just suprised you can talk in sullustan really," Dirk jabbered on to Jack in sullustan. "I hear its difficult to get your tongue round. You see i can understand basic perfectly well, just from being around humands for so long. But i've never learnt more than a few words and it's just difficult for me to pronounce. Hence . . . " he waved his arm towards the floating droid.

Despite it's limited intelligence elosix has sensed that Jack could understand sullustan so had stopped translating Dirk's words. His big ears heard the word desert and he looked up from the table to see what was coming out of the cantine. He swirled his wine around in his glass before taking another swig. There was nothing better to him than some good food, drink and telling of stories. Over the years the little translator droid had retold many stories for him and over the years it had become progressively better at it. It's programming allowed it to learn its users speech patterns, so these days it accentuated the right words and even finished sentances for him. He had owned the droid since he days in Sorosuub.

"Handy to know though, just incase the old thing packs in mid-flight," he gestured towards elosix again. "So how long have you been with the Navy?" he asked Jack
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited January 18, 2005 4:06:01 AM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Cadet

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  233
January 18, 2005 2:25:19 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
"Oh, about six months," Jack responded to Dirk's question in Basic. "Pretty odd how I'm already an XO of a squadron. So, what's for desert?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, what is it? I'm starved," Laguna said.

"Oh, it's a mix," the voice who had eariler cried out "desert" said.

"A mix of what?" Judith asked.

"Well," the hot woman serving desert began, "I thought it was appropiate to serve dishes from all the planets where you all were raised," she said honestly.

"Man!" Jack exclaimed. "Good old fasioned Auroran Banana Cake! It's my favorite! Haven't seen this good stuff in about a year! How'd you find out this recipe?" Jack asked the women serving everyone's favorite desert.

"Oh, I got it from a friend of yours, Jack," she replied.

"Who?" Jack asked, his face full of cake.

"Your brother, Jake."

Jack was amazed. His brother? Before he could reply, his comm unit beeped. He looked down. "Sorry, guys," Jack said to his squadronmates, "A little trouble. Got to go get something now."

"Okay, Jack. See you later," Shazam said as Jack rushed out of the room.

Before Jack was out of sight, he heard Dirk go, "Wow! This cake is good!"

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Jack Nebulax (edited January 18, 2005 6:31:31 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1110
January 18, 2005 3:58:48 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam kept himself hidden behind Josh as Lense escorted his sister around, helping her hand out everyone's favorite deserts.  This chick rocked, he thought to himself.  The only problem with this situation is that...

"Alright, only one left.  Where is that guy?" Lense said curiously as he held up a bag of 'puppy chow' which had been Shazam's favorite snack since he could remember.  Good stuff... 

Despite his efforts, Tara, the attractive young women did not only have a fine body, bud fine eyes that spotted him immedietly.  Shazam continued to stare ahead at Lense as the young lady passed behind him, paused and then slowly stepped up next to him.  Shazam was still alert to even the slightest presence when he bolted around at the loud 'blah!' which erupted next to his ear. 

"Holy crap, scared the hell out of me," he said, still not realizing that it was the person he was hiding from that had just made his heart skip a beat.  When he looked up, his heart continued to skip beats, several at a time in fact, she was just sitting there smiling while she held a plastic bag with white squares in front of him.

Lense appeared at her side and said, still laughing a little at Shazam's startled look," Oh man...  Heh, what were you hiding from man?  Anyways, Tara looked this up herself..."  He paused for a moment realizing he had not formally introduced them to eachother.  "Oh, this is Tara...  Tara, Shazam; Shazam, Tara.  She signed up just after I got stuck behind the counter.  Lord knows how we got assigned to the same ship..."  A wimsical gleam flashed in her eyes at the mention of her 'luck'.  Ah ha, Shazam thought. 

"I was ganna say, hey, why don't you take my sister to that little dance your friend Chip put together, but you seemed pretty hellbent on getting to know that one chick.  Eyes of Ice, man," he finished.  Tara shyed for a moment at the talk of 'some girl...'  Not disheartened, just bashful.  Of course, the red blush that suddenly consumed her cheeks of her olive skin made Shazam suddenly want to... 

Instead, Shazam let his head tilt to the side," Oh, by all means, next time let me know." He said, a cocky bit of intuition began to surface in the back of his mind, ego taking over... 

Josh chuckled in the corner, Tara blushed a little more, Lense said," We'll see, heh," and Jack said," Family, gotta go..." 

"Okay man, get back soon..." He was going to say something about how he should get back before they arrived at the target, whatever it was, he forgot, but Tara moved in from the side and took his hand.  Lense was now going back to his station and attempting to wash some dishes as some more locals came in to contest Josh's skills on the dart board. 

Shazam froze up for a moment, the young women took the bag from his hand and opened it up.  "Never actually had this stuff before, made it without thinking.  Wasn't sure if I should trust the recipe because I didn't know where you were from.  I beleive your information said, 'Unknown'..."  She took a couple from the bag and scooped them into her mouth, her hair swished around for a moment in her pony tail as she pulled her head back to swallow the white powdered mix... 

She'd let go of his hand, so Shazam could think again, Coco's beauty had never made him freeze up like this...  "So how'd you find out my favorite snack...?"  He questoined, attempting to continue whatever conversation they might have, that they were hopefully having hoped Shazam.

"Well...  Lets see here.  My brother is the head of the lunchroom here, and you come in about once or twice a week asking for some random food items.  However...  He recalls you once asked for some 'puppy chow' which took him about a month to get a hold of because powdered sugar was not an item that was kept aboard..."  She said with a look of pure intellect. 

"Right, how did you know it was my 'favorite'," he said in a mocking way, his hands guesturing the 'dazzle'. 

"Women's natural instinct."  she said, a sly but, dare he thought, sexy look?  He should be careful...  Lense little sister...

"Oh..." he said, as if it was obvious and had only been out of his immediate sight.  "I should have known." She shrugged casually and strode slowly to the wall farthest from Lense.  My lord, that women has a way, Shazam's mind pressed on... 

He followed her timidly, completely forgetting about the fact that he was supposed to play another round of darts with Josh, and that...  Oh CRAP! 

Shazam jumped forward and caught the dart with a single hand as it flew towards Tara at high speed.  She turned her head just before it reached her, the pinpoint no more than a couple of centimeters from her eye, Shazam's hand was gripped around it, holding it very still.  He lowered his arm, dart still in hand, then threw it back to the man who's face had turned white at the sight of almost injuring the women Shazam had been following.  Josh slapped him on the back of the head-

"Be careful, don't you ever aim?"  The group continued on and Shazam's look of seriousness escaped him once again when the girl pulled him around. 

"My goodness, your quick.  Thankyou..." She said, although she hadn't been at all surprised when she'd walked directly through the middle of the dart game.  Oh she was good, he thought.  Shazam hadn't realized it, but he had her up against a wall and his arm was draped over her head, holding him about a half foot from her, still suspended though.  Compromising posistion he thought, so he removed his arm from the position and took a step back, to his left though, as to keep himself from falling into the dart zone... 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Kaminari
ComNet n00b

Kaminari

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  9
January 18, 2005 11:46:57 PM    View the profile of Kaminari 
    Kaminari stopped outside the private cafeteria when he heard the sounds of a party. He put his head up to the window and saw the dinner settings and large buffet, and the people milling around inside. For a moment, he considered sneaking in, but decided against it - there weren't enough people for him to blend in quickly, and he suspected that if it was an open function, they wouldn't have shut the doors. He shrugged and made his way down the hall, to the NCO's mess.
    The room was grungy, or at least as grungy as an Imperial starship could be. It seemed that the lights were intentionally dimmed, giving the feel of a small cantina on some backwater planet. The smell of the oil on the crewmens' jumpsuits was thick in the air. The buzz of conversation filled the room, punctuated by occasional outbursts of laughter. The mechanics were gathered in tables of four or five around the room; after spending all day together in the docking bays, it seemed only natural for them to spend their leisure time together.
    Tonight, the theme seemed to be making catcalls and loudmouthed remarks at the waitresses. Kaminari still hung out with the technical crews a lot, having come up through the ranks as a starship mechanic, and never stopped being amazed at how often they got themselves into trouble for shooting their mouths off. He went up to the bar and waved for a lomin-ale, shaking his head.
    Since going through pilot school, Kaminari had started to drift away from the mechanic's crowd. He had a few friends left in the bays, but now that he wasn't working a spanner anymore he had become distant. Women were an especially big issue; Kaminari had never felt that hooting and catcalling was appropriate, which had set him apart from the rest of the group.
    For the time being, Kaminari kept to himself, leaning up against the bar with a couple of his friends. "Yo, Jax, what's going on?" He sipped the lomin-ale, letting the bitterness numb his mouth before swallowing.
    "Not much, son." Jax was the lead freighter mechanic aboard the Atrus, a man with more years inside service panels than Kaminari had fingers and toes. They'd worked together on Cepany before Kaminari's fighter training, and the pilot had been pleased to find his old friend aboard ship. "Had a little scare with a bad power coupling aboard one of the assault transports, those stormies almost pissed themselves when it started sparking." He laughed. "How about you? Still getting vacuum under your wings?"
    "Yeah... oh, and tell the guys on starfighter duty that I'm sorry about the carbon scoring on the hull of my TIE. Flying through plasma fires is fun, but it's hard on the vehicles." Kaminari grinned and took another mouthful of his drink.
    Jax laughed. "Even if you're just shooting targeting drones? I don't think you got here early enough to be part of the action in the Core. Man, we pulled a lot of overtime then." A Corellian whiskey seemed to appear on the bar beside Jax, and the older man drank half of it with a slight cough.
    The two kept talking for a while about the usual nothing. Finally, the smell of the grease and alcohol began to bother Kaminari. He waved goodbye to Jax and headed back to his quarters for the night, hoping that he wouldn't wake up with a pounding headache like the last time he drank with the old man.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1119
January 21, 2005 9:37:10 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(You've got potential Kaminari...)

Shazam had managed to find his way to a table that wasn't too crowded and Tara had taken the opportunity to get to know him.  Shazam took in everything that she said, still amazed that a women of this type of beaty would even speak to him... 

"Well, there was this guy at the admissions office who kept lookin at me kind of funny..." She said, going into further detail of her mischevious actions to get aboard the exact same ship as her brother. 

"I knew better..." he said, confirming his knowledge of her actions...  "Pure coincidence was too easy..."

"Yea well...  I didn't do anything with the guy, just leaned over the counter at more a horizontal slope than anything..." she said, her voice down to a bit of a whisper.  Lense couldn't hear a thing because he way back behind the counter trying to opporate the cleaning machines but one kept malfunctioning so he could also be heard swearing-

"You peice of crap...  The powder is in there dammit!"  Lense threw down the instructions and started kicking the machine.

"So..." Tara said, the mischevious look gone, now some curiosity was setting in; oh no, Shazam thought.  "Where are you from?  I mean, you put unknown down for a reason..." 

Shazam tensed up slightly, not sure of what to say; knowing what he knew now, he would have been let into the VEN reguardless of where he was from, but it still made him uncomfortable.  Sure, he'd been born on Corellia, but he most certainly didn't grow up there.  He didn't grow up anywhere; actually, he grew up everywhere.  So many cultures, so many people, different places connected to different things that Shazam had never once thought was weird.  Everyone had home's, Shazam didn't.  That is, unless you counted a frigate as a house, he knew that the Real Bebop was a home to him now. 

After his escape from Corellia he never saw the ship again, so he couldn't actually be sure as to what had happened to it; probably used for spare parts, he thought with a genuine feeling of pity for the ship.

Tara was still eying him curiously, and Shazam had shrank back down into his chair.  "This is my home now." he said abruptly, an obvious amount of 'leave it alone' was released into the room.  Shazam and Tara were the only two left in the room though, and Lense still seemed pretty busy with his washing machine. 

"Oh, well, I suppose that's good.  Hawks and I are from Corellia, well, I am for the most part.  And Hawks..." she began again but Shazam cut her off.

"Hawks?  Who's Hawks?"  He said, completely confused.

"Well, its my brother, but that's not his real name.  Just a nick name we came up when he started researching birds for some reason.  The kids thought he was a freak.  He's just my sensitive older brother..." She said starring back at him just as he took out a large metal pipe and bashed it agaisnt the small motor he had taken apart somewhere in the time of Shazam's conversation with Tara.  The engine suddenly came to life and the washing machine sprayed water everywhere; but Lense, or Hawks, was too busy celebrating in a triumphant, booming voice to even notice he was being drenched in soap water.

Tara let out a cry of laughter, and Shazam almost fell to the gorund laughing at the look of delirious celebration that was currently manifesting his favorite cook. 

"I love 'em," she said emphatically.  "But I worry about him. I know he worries about me, so I suppose it should be mutual, but I think his past is ganna catch up with him and he won't have any back up."  She said, her head now looking down at the table.

"That's why you really came on board, isn't it?  To watch him..." Shazam said, slightly surprised at the little revelation. 

"He's not even running, but something's just ganna happen, and I won't know what to do..." She said, a look of prophecy could be seen through her dark eyes...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Kaminari
ComNet n00b

Kaminari

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  12
January 21, 2005 12:20:11 AM    View the profile of Kaminari 
(Thanks Shazam... had some good mentors. XD Here, back to you.)

An hour and two lomin-ale later, Kaminari was on his way out of the mechanic's lounge. Things seemed to be slowing down for the night aboard ship, and a wiser mind would have decided that it was time to sleep before morning patrol. Thankfully, he had never claimed to be wise.
    Wandering down the halls to the pilot's barracks, Kaminari stops as he approaches the private dining room again. The door was open, so the party seemed to be over... maybe he could hit up one of the cooks for some of the leftovers. Those private functions tended to be catered pretty well, and there was almost always too much food left over.
    Stepping into the room, Kaminari saw the man and woman sitting at the table together, and was slightly surprised to hear the sounds of water and wild screaming coming from the kitchen. Looks like the galley staff had gotten into the grog again. He could still smell the leftover pasta, but the woman sitting at the table caught his eye - she was stunning. Curteousy prevailed, since she was already with another man, but she was definitely enough to put strange thoughts into his alcohol-fogged mind.
    Shaking his head, Kaminari made his way over to the kitchen window. One of the waitresses was there. "Got anything left?" A minute later, she came back with a plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. "Thanks." He left a tip on the counter and proceeded to a table, letting the steam and smell of the food waft over his face. No wonder he was so hungry - he forgot to eat after he got off his watch, three hours ago.
    As he sat down, Kaminari caught a glimpse of the kitchen through the door. After spotting the insanity with the head chef and the dishwasher, he just shook his head - nothing on this ship would surprise him anymore.

-----------------------
Laguna
ComNet Novice

Laguna

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  74
Total Posts:  1963
January 22, 2005 12:21:31 AM    View the profile of Laguna 
  Laguna stepped into the barracks, and was about to sit down when he heard a call over the intercom.  He tilted his head to the direction of the loud-speaker, and waited for the announcement to commence.

"Nazgul Squadron, report in 8 hours for sector patrol, we will be coming out of hyperspace, and setting new quardanents for the target area, at which point you will be briefed on the mission"

Laguna rubbed his hand across his forhead.  He was tired from the long day, the simulations in the morning, the dinner, and the workout after the dinner.  He was just plain out of it.  He slipped into his bead, closed his eyes, and soon enough, he fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laguna walked down the hall, carrying his helmet in one hand, and his resperator around his shoulders.  He could see the rest of the squadron walking into the hanger ahead of him, and picked up his pace to catch up.

Laguna dropped into his tie fighter, and started the systems, and the engines.  He heard the voices of the other squadron members checking in, and did the same.  Once they were all checked in, Shazam gave the go for them.  They all flew out of the hanger, in order from the fighters on the left, to the fighters on the right.  Once it was Laguna's turn, he positioned himself straight forward, and gave the throttle power, and he was off.

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Vast Empire Navy
FM/LCRW Laguna/Nazgul 2-3/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
Ex-soldier turned journalist, Laguna is a strong willed man with amazing energy. His compassion for the unfortunate drivers him to help the weak and bring down their oppressors.
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Cadet

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  255
January 22, 2005 8:33:07 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(I'm not sure if we should be doing this, but might as well have a little Nazgul action.)

Jack had just got into the docking bay when he saw his squadronmates jump into their TIE Fighters. Jack jumped into his, put on his flight suit, and prepared for go.

"Where were you, Jack?" Shazam asked as Jack got his systems online.

"Had to prepare for this flight," Jack replied.

"How did you know about this flight?" Laguna asked.

"I just had a feeling about it, I guess," Jack replied.

Once the pre-flight countdown was over, the small group known as Nazgul Squadron rocketed out of the docking bay.

"Flight Two," Jack began, "form up. Prepare for sector patrol. If anyone gets any enemy data on their screens, broadcast it to me and Shazam."

Jack heard an "affirmative" from everyone in his flight as they did a few twist and turns around the destroyer.

At the same time, Shazam switched over to a private comm channel with Jack. "So what do you think of these guys?" Shazam asked.

"I can tell they want action. Maybe if we have a few catured Rebel fighters, we could stick droids in them and launch them out here. You know, some target practice," Jack responded to his commander.

"Yeah, if they want action, we should buy a few Z-95s and send them out here for a little targeting skills," Shazam said.

"I can tell Dirk and Laguna want some action, but I don't know about the rest," Jack stated.

"Well, in time, we'll all want action, and that's what we'll get," Shazam replied.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1132
January 24, 2005 8:32:49 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
In the back of his mind, Shazam felt a slight bit of envy for the new pilots, they were still under the protection of 'being new'.  Things were expected to happen while they were around, and people wouldn't really give them such a hard time if things did occur in the negetive.  Being super-cheary about small accomplishments was the way of the rookie, and Shazam had enjoyed it well enough.

The group known as 'Nazgul' soon gained thier distance from the Star Destroyer and began thier patrol of the area.  Shazam gave them the order to break off into pairs, Jack behind him, Owoemana behind Judith, and Dirk behind Laguna.  Juking around for a bit, everybody became a little more comfortable with thier ships.  Shazam had the sneaking feeling that some of them had never actually flown a fighter freely.  Dirk, did in fact appear to stick to a straight routine, the report on him said he lacked creativity, hopefully that wouldn't be the case in the middle of a battle.  Being able to pull something out of no-where was a common attribute that seemed to be saving pilots lives regularly. 

Owoemana wandered just slightly, gaining control of his ship after realizing it was drifting a little bit; Judith didn't seem to notice because she was trying to keep the nose pointing towards Shazam while gradually adjusting the angle, something she must not have tried during school...

Laguna was pretty content in his lead position in front of Dirk, swaying from side to side with a little ease, losing his grip every once in a while.  No longer the absolute noobie though, Jack seemed to be getting some serious control of his craft; Shazam was a little happier to notice this.  He needed a good wingman and Jack had become curiously relaxed but accurate in his flying, an excellent ability to have.  The more relaxed you are, the more at ease, the quicker and harder you will strike once acted upon.  Reaction is all about being subtle...  Quiet but ready without getting ready, Jack had it, and Laguna seemed to have it pretty good, even Dirk seemed to have it as tense as he appeared to be.  Judith and Owoemana, he wasn't so sure about just yet.  He would let them get comfortable with their ships first.

After making three complete rounds of the perimeter surrounding the stardestroyer, the bridge called over to Shazam.

"Nazgul 1-1, you have completed your patrol, head back to hanger bay.  You will be breifed upon arrival on your next mission." 

Very well, Shazam thought, some simulater time would be good before we actually got into anything serious.  If they could work together, comfortably and with continuity, they might not be so bad.  Never the less, they would need to be prepared for anything...

(Just ending it so Japheth can do his thing...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Laguna
ComNet Novice

Laguna

Post Number:  86
January 25, 2005 4:11:58 PM    View the profile of Laguna 
  Laguna guided his fighter into the hanger, just after Judith had landed hers.  He rotated around, and set the fighter down into the alotted position that it was in before.  He jumped out of the black starfighter, and climbed down to the ground.

"Wow, that's not what I was hoping for," he said emotionless

Shazam laughed.  "Were you hoping for a little trouble," he said as they walked out of the hanger.

"Well," Laguna looked down , "I'm just anxious to start flying again.  After CorSec, I haven't done much.  Those simulations that we ran when I was in training was the most action that I have seen in months.  You know what I mean, I am excited."

"Yea, I get where you are coming from," said Shazam as they walked into the barracks.

The red and white R2 astromech droid in the corner whistled in a high tone.

"Fonz, come on, you know that I can't fly with you anymore," Laguna said sadly.  The droid let out a low tone, and then beeped up and hissed.  "Oh, mouthing off Fonz, I'll let that one go, but from now on, you are just gonna be hangin around here for a while.  The droid did nothing for a moment, then let out something that sounded like it was complying with what Laguna had just said.  Shazam gave Laguna a funny look.

"That your personal droid," he asked Laguna.
    "Yea, Fonz has been in the family for a long time.  He was in CorSec with me, and flew every single mission with me.  He has records of almost everything I have ever done."
    "Kickin," replied Shazam.

Lauguna rubbed something under his black shirt that was under his flight suit.  He pulled out a necklace with something silver on the end.

"This was my dad's, he used it for good luck when he was in CorSec with me.  I recovered it after he was killed in one of our mission," he hung his head low.  "God, I miss that man,"

Shazam walked over to the fridge, grabbed two drinks, and tossed one to Laguna.  They popped tem open, and started drinking them at the same time. The two of them sat down at the table, and started playing one of their many card games.  They had become real friends, which Laguna thought would never happen.

Man, I thought this would never happen

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Vast Empire Navy
Ex-soldier turned journalist, Laguna is a strong willed man with amazing energy. His compassion for the unfortunate drivers him to help the weak and bring down their oppressors.
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited January 25, 2005 4:19:53 PM)]
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar
[VE-NAVY] Vice Admiral
[VE-VEHC] Vice Admiral*

Post Number:  1358
Total Posts:  2517
January 26, 2005 4:10:18 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Hurdling through space at many thousands of times the speed of light, the Star Destroyer's crew was violently awakened in the dead of ship's night. The entire ship lurched forward and then back. Those in the know recognized this as a symptom of an unexpected hyperspace exit.

Klaxons began to blare and the Condition Red lights flashed. The captain came over the ship-wide comm, "Condition Red, all pilots report to their ships. All hands to battle stations. Primary targets are Interdictor Cruisers."

The scanners outside indicated the presence of a pair of Interdictor cruisers far off and away from each other, probably overlapping their gravity-well projectors. The other ships in the area were a pair of Mon Cal Cruisers and a quartet of Corellian Corvettes. They were positioned closer to the Imperial strike-force (the ISDII Devastator, ISD Overlord, and a pair of Dreadnaughts). There were no stars or planets in the vicinity. Likely the Republic force had been waiting here because it was a likely hyperspace route.

The Starfighter Coordinator had a set of orders prepared. The survival of allied cruisers was the first priority, next came disabling the gravity wells the Interdictors were projecting. Destruction or disabling were both acceptable in this case.

(There are 5 squadrons of republic starfighters in the area, 1 A-Wing squadron, 2 X-Wing Squadrons and 1 Y-Wing Squadron. The Y-Wings are focused on the capital ships and should be neutralized first. Besides Kaph and Nazgul Squadrons the Imperial fleet is also fielding a pair of NPC squadrons (Alpha and Beta if you really need names). Pilots are free to use personal ships they've bought in the Imperial Center for this mission; otherwise they are assumed to be in TIE Interceptors. The NPC squadrons are one each of TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers. The Bombers will split up and make runs on the Interdictors, escorted by the fighters. Kaph and Nazgul will first establish superiority around our capital ships and then assist the bombers by either providing escort of firepower assistance. Any questions should be posted on the notes thread. Have fun. Hopefully I can have something more ready by the time we're done with this. Sorry it's late; I've been busy with school starting back up.)

-----------------------
Vice Admiral Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Templar
Naval Commander in Chief, Captain of the mSSD Atrus
Headmaster of the Dark Jedi Order Academy
-----------------------
NCC/VAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-1/Raptor 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][LSM][MC:1][KC:OC]
HM/KT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-3/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  1218
Total Posts:  2064
January 26, 2005 9:07:57 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
      Chipmunk tore into the maintenence hangar, which was closer to his quarters, with an insane rage. He had been rudely awakened from an awsome dream by the claxons. He hated those damned noisy things. He dreamed so rarely, let alone about a girl that pretty. She hadn't been a knock-out bombshell, but Chip actually kind of liked the girls who were just pretty better than the super models. And it had been such a realistic dream, too. They were line-dancing to country music, which Chip had just been learning to do. Such fun. She had been 5'4", with such a pretty little upturned nose and straight, brown hair...

Damned Rebels! They always had to screw up everything in his life! He roared for the maintenence chief. "Give me something that flies! I don't care what, so long as it has guns!"

"Sir, we haven't got anything for your squadron in here. If you go to the main hang..."

Chip pointed to an Interceptor in the back. "Does it fly?"

"Err, well, yes..."

"Does it shoot?"

"...Yes..."

"It's mine." Chip strapped himself into the seat while the hatch was bolted down. Ooh, goody. Chip did like Interceptors. There weren't any missiles, apperntly that was why it was in for maintenence, but everything else was fine. He powered up and ran his preflight. The deck officer gave him clearance to go. Once he was clear, he switched to the main channel. "Kaph 3-1 reporting and seaking orders. Please note a preference for killing things." Chip switched on his threat display and found that none of his flight members had launched yet. ah well, he'd just go solo for a little while.

"Kaph 3-1, this is command. Remain in proximity to the capital ships and eliminate enemy Y-wings."

"Roger command. Engaging now. Please forward an order to join me to the rest of my flight upon their arrival."

"Roger. Command out."

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"They make the weather, then they stand in the rain and say "s**t, it's rainin'!" -Ruby Tues in Cold Mountain
[This message has been edited by chipmunk man (edited January 26, 2005 9:10:03 PM)]
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  639
Total Posts:  4599
January 26, 2005 10:10:26 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will ran through the corridors as fast as he could., trying to avoid hitting people and their stares as much as possible. He was about to get some food to eat before the ship exited hyperspace, but the lurch had spilled all of his right onto the front of his clothings, with ketchup, mustard, and barbecue sause. Will hasent been in the in the Navy long and haven't killed any rebles yet, but, he promised himself, that he would be sure to come back from this battle and paint some reble fighters on his fighter.

He went back to his room, changed into his Imperial Pilot Uniform and went to the hanger where his Avenger was. He was told over the intercom that they were allowed to use their own fighter of choice, so he decided to use his beloved Avenger.

He took a fast jog to the hanger, climbed into the seat and started the preflight procedures. everything showed green. Good. Of course he expected them to, this is only the third time he had taken it out of the hanger, and the first two times were trial runs, to get himself used to it.

He saw through his viewport that his flight members were also coming through the way he came in, but not as angry as he was, they seem to be nice and calm, and laughing at one of their jokes. They are getting along really well. Good, Will thought again, that will bring our flight closer together. He watched as they got into their TIE Interceptor and each checked to see if their flight leader was already in a fighter.

"Kaph 2-4 to 2-1, Sir, are you there?" Kam asked through the channel that was used only by the second flight of Kaph members. Kam is the newest member of the flight, but was also the one closest to Will. Will had personally watched Kam through his basic trainings and made his few picks to have a certain pilot in his flight.

"Kaph 2-2 to 2-1." Earthjedi spoke into the intercom.

"Kaph 2-3 to 2-1." Stormz said just as the others did.

"Yes, Kaph, I'm here. I'm in the Avenger right across from you three Interceptors. I watched you guys enter the hanger. Now, if you guys will make it fast, I think we're in a little bit of trouble out there."

"So, you decided to fly your own ship heh?" Kam asked casually.

"Yes, i havent flown in this baby forever. Now that i have the chance, why bypass it?" Will said as he slowly manuvered his ship into position to leave the hanger with is flight members right behind him.

Once they were into the open of the space and left the artificial gravity behind, Will changed his channel to the comand center."This is Kaph 2-1 reporting in for orders."

"Kaph 2-1, your job for now would be to eliminate the Y-wings in the area around with ship with Kaph 3."

"Roger, control. Kaph 2-1 out." Will responded as he changed back to his flight channel."alright guys lets see if we can find any Y-wings to kill off. Get into formation, you guys know what to do. try to stay as relaxed as possible, fly a loose formation, incase any enemy fighers comes from behind. Kam, why dont you fly behind and above me to watch our backs."

"Yes, Sir!"

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we will do it again!
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited January 26, 2005 10:12:09 PM)]
Dirk
ComNet n00b

Dirk

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  16
January 27, 2005 3:51:42 AM    View the profile of Dirk 
When the claxon's went off Dirk was sitting quietly in quaters, a mug of hot chocolate in one hand, a datapad in the other. He was currently reading a scientific journal entitled Recent Advnaces in Modern Ion Drive Technology Although now isolated from the scientific community he still had his access codes and could look up any published journals.

He took one more sip of hot chocolate and placed it down beside himself and threw the datapad back down to his bed.

"Nazgul Suqadron prep for launch!" chirped his comm unit. He sighed, and headed off to suit up. He wasn't feeling particularly confident about this.  Flying around in a starship that fell apart if you so much as breathed on it, was not his idea of fun. The thing didn't even have any way for a pilot to eject, such was imperial doctrine. Off the shelf fighters and overwhelming numbers was the order of the day, the fact that an individual pilot was weak on his own and strong in numbers had been drilled into him though his time at the academy. Then again now the empire was just a remnant things would have to change, the grand academy of old was no more.

Suited up he jogged to catch up with the rest of nazgul as they headed to the fighter bay. L06 hummed furiously as it bobbed along behind the black-clad group.

A tech pointed them towards a group of tie interceptors.

"Durab ban?" Dirk asked. What gives el'osix translated.

"We've been allowed interceptors or our own fighters for this one, neat eh?" Laguna said. Dirk wasn't so sure. Tie fighters came pretty much off the rack and he didn't really trust the maintanence guys to do the prep for him. Having worked with Sorosuub's starship division, in the laser weapons and propulsion team, he knew most of the workings of a starfighter and had spent a great deal of his time checking over his own Tie/ln and making personal adjustmants. And now all that was to waste. Oh well, he thought, the interceptor was superior.

Nazgul launched as a group of interceptors and those with their own ships launched one at a time. They quickly met and formed up.

"This is control, we have the Y-wings in sight. They are moving for the Overlord and have cover from several X-wings,"

"Ok boys, accelarate to attack speed, lets make this quick and clean," Shazam said.

"Hey look, those A-wings are making a run on the Devastator!" Jack said.

"Ignore them, typical alliance trick they're just trying to distract us, lets go!"
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited January 27, 2005 3:52:11 AM)]
Laguna
ComNet Novice

Laguna

Post Number:  90
January 27, 2005 7:42:32 AM    View the profile of Laguna 
  Laguna followed behind Shazam and Jack as they exited the hanger, with Dirk on his side.  Laguna pulled up his targeting computer.  The Overlord was still on full shields and hull.  He brought up one of the Y-wings.  It was two clicks away from him, about 7 from the overlord.

"I got Y-wing Blue 1 in my sights, engaging," Laguna said over the radio.  He positioned his interceptor right behind the Y-wing, and his hud went green.  He fired three bolts into the Y-wing, taking out its shields.  He linked his fire, and blasted one more volley, taking the Y-wing out.  Its wings folded in, and the cockpit exploded, leaving a small explosion in front on him.  Laguna went straight at about 85 degrees, going right through the small explosion.

"Nice one," called out Dirk.  "I have Blue 2, engaging."

"OOC" Sorry so short, gotta get to school "OOC"

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Vast Empire Navy
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Cadet

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  285
January 27, 2005 2:05:38 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack, in his TIE Aggressor, shot out at the incoming fighter waves. "Two Flight, this is Nazgul 2-1," he began. "Let's head for those Y-Wings and then the Interdictor cruiser. Let's make it quick and score a big one for Nazgul!"

Together, Two Flight of Nazgul Squadron rocketed toward the Y-Wings. Once they were in rage, green blasts roared out from the TIEs.

"Yes!" Jack heard Laguna said as an Y-Wing exploded. Jack had just gotten two and was heading for a third. Shazam's voice came over the comm.

"Nazgul Squadron, this is Nazgul 1-1. Prepare for runs on the Interdictor," Shazam said.

Jack charged up his bomb chute as they flew in. He dropped two sonic bombs on the Interdictor's shields, making them sparkle for a little. As Jack was going in for a second time, Jack's fighter got hit by an A-Wing.

"Mayday, mayday!" Jack yelled. Outside his viewport, he saw what he thought was Willtconq's fighter before his cockpit went dark.

"Oh, no!" Jack yelled into his failing comlink. "It's Thyferra all over again..." Then he was knocked out.

-----------------------
Laguna
ComNet Novice

Laguna

Post Number:  91
January 27, 2005 4:26:52 PM    View the profile of Laguna 
OOC:Why would you do that to yourself Jack...lol:OOC

"Jack!?!, Jack you there!," Laguna yelled through the com.  Nothing came back.  He made a hard turn to the left, and his front view was illuminated by red bolts.  An X-wing was on his tail.

"Dirk, I'm gonna bring this stratler back to you, be ready for this," Laguna said as he brough the interceptor around, heading in Dirk's direction.  "Alright," replied Dirk.  Laguna brought his throttle down to about 2/3 power, and brought himself into the target view of Dirk.  Right after he passed, green laser bolts flashed behind him, hitting the X-wing every time.  Laguna swung back around, and caught up with Dirk.

"Nice shot," he called to Dirk.  "Thanks, give you the credit for bringin that bogie around."

"We need to go get Jack," Laguna said through his com.

"Hey guys, its Shazam.  Jack just got pulled in by one of the interdictor's tractor beams.  We can't let that interdictor be destroyed without getting Jack off it first," said Shazam.

Shazam sent the report out to the rest of the fleet, and they all came back with the reply.  "Guys, the rest of the fleet has ordered us to disable that interdictor.  The Overlord will send out boarding parties after it is disabled."

Laguna put his throttle to full, and searched for Shazam, with Dirk on his side.  Judith and Owoemana came up behind Shazam in their fighters.  They both flew ties.  Laguna and Dirk dropped into formation behind Shazam; Judith and Owoemana followed into formation.

The Y-wings were more hesistant of what they did now,  seeing as though they had underestimated the ability of the squadron in the imperial fleet.

"Lets get those Y-wings before they can hit our cruisers," said Laguna

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Vast Empire Navy
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited January 27, 2005 5:06:23 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1141
January 27, 2005 4:31:53 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Full out battle time...)

The squadron had been breifed about a half an hour before when the ship suddenly stopped midflight.  Shazam was violent thrown against the side of his ship, a full array of ships could be seen outside the hangeer opening.  Ships in full formation were being launched out of every cargobay or hanger, cruisers lined the horizon of bright stars that gleamed misheviously at Shazam.  A siren went of instantly, Japheth's voice could be heard almost shouting over the intercom for everyone to get to ships and launch to protect the allied cruisiers. 

Shazam noticed that personal items were allowed to be used though, so instead of just rushing off to his usual Tie Fighter, which had absolutly no shields and would be a little hard to fly if he even got a solar burn...  So...  Ah, yes, the Viper.  Shazam had rushed back to the Real Bebop and kicked open the bay door in the back that allowed him to get into the cargo hold. 

Now, he'd recently been doing some redecorating, lining the walls with newspaper clippings from various places that he had been involving the works of the Vast Empire Navy.  The entrance into the main cabin was covered with blue fur walls and carpets, but it was well protected by the blast door.  A yellow circle lay in the center of the hold with some junk Shazam had carried to the back when redoing his kitchen.  Centered in the middle of the yellow cirlce was the Viper Shazam lovingly called Page. 

Grabbing some quick supplies, although he was in the middle of a space battle, Shazam took several different weapons.  A variety of grenades and blasters were stuffed into the small space behind Shazam's seat.  Shazam also grabbed the datapad that listed all the information about his supplies and ships,(he wanted to keep monitored on his equipment), pushed it into the little insertion port that he'd installed into Page.  The little blue screen quickly displayed several tabs with a main display on the right side including the shields and support going on within the Viper. 

Strapping on some protective equipment, Shazam was ready to go as more and more pilots made thier ways to thier craft.  Shazam wore dark gloves that flew all over the console, prepping engines and weapons systems as well as turning on the heater...  It was cold in space.

The engines hummed to life with simplistic glory that could only be achieved by the pure yearning to create a perfect vehicle, and Shazam respected the ingenuity of others as well as himself, so he was quick to recognize what type of high-quality vehicle he would be fighting in.  He could only hope Page lived up to its original purpose. 

The ship, so sentitive, that it forced Shazam to become extremely slow with his manuvering to keep from crashing into any of the walls surrounding him.  Slowly, the ship rose about a foot above the surface it had been resting on, and the thrusters turned in reverse, pushing Shazam backwards, out of the cargo hold and into the main bay of the Atrus.  Turning around as slowly as he'd lifted from the hold, he went to the bay exit, surveying the now montrous looking rebel navy that awaited them.  Fighters were now on direct courses to thier fleet, he heard the bridge announce as Shazam turned his com frequency to the Imperial network.  Shazam sat there for a few moments, cracked his neck back and forth, squinted his eyes at the enemy, then pulled forward. 

Jack appeared to have watched him pull out of the Gozanti Cruiser and had been waiting to launch with him.  The rest of the group seemed to be ready so Shazam lowered to his launch altitude in the hanger bay, and then shoved the throttle forward.  The sudden burst of engine noise inside the bay must have been deafening, not that there was anyone who wasn't wearing some kind of ear protection...  The hanger instantly became tiny as the entire squadron of Nazgul leapt out with full force. 

He did the usual, let's do this and that speech to be the good commander he was supposed to be, but mostly he was fearing the idea of his men getting shot down.  They were rookies, and this was a surprise attack that had Shazam a little worried for himself, even.  They had full force again the Vast Empire, and there was sure to be some pretty insane stunts pulled off in the midst of battle, hopefully none that woud put the negetive upon the crew. 

Jack made some quick comments and Nazgul formed up to intercept the Y-wings before they did any real damage.  Shazam was in a Viper, not disheartening the rest of the guys, he would hope.  Nazgul Squadron reached the destinatin very quickly, beating the Y-wings by about a klick or two.  Oh crap, they've got some escorts, he thought to himself; Shazam was trying to keep of the com as much as he could, best to keep from distracting people.  Battle was about pure skill and ability, no need to interfere with senseless jargon... 

Brushing away any useless thought, Shazam made a long loop with Page while Jack followed behind him, the four other members of Nazgul quickly partnered up.  Upon arriving at the desired angle to keep from getting messed up by whatever escorts might have come along for the ride, Shazam made sure to turn up his firing rate.  The little pad displayed the power reverting some to the cannons, Shazam also made sure to put some into his engines as well.  Jack was swinging back and forth behind him, trying not to be too easy of a target for the couple of fighters Shazam spotted next to a large group of Y-wings at full spped.  Oh man, he couldn't help but think to himself.  Laguna suddenly sped into view from the lower right hand side of the y-wings, shooting off a couple of powerful blast that anhilated one of the bombers; a group of X-wings was speeding towards the imperial fighters from about six klicks away. 

Jack, split off to meet one of the bombers himself, his fire meeting its target aggresively as well.  Watch yourself man, a thought floated through Shazam's mind.  A couple of moments after the celebration from the two pilots who had taken out y-wings, a firm shock jolted through the group as Jack's ship was suddenly ripped into by enemy fire, nothing could be heard but everyone felt it. 

"You son of a..." he whispered as Jack's blazing fighter sparked towards a neighboring ship.  Shazam whipped the Viper around, control boring through his veins and a born hatred of his new target.  A friggen X-wing, he thought.  The fighter was suddenly behind the rebel fighter, the X-wings sat innocently attempting to protect the other Y-wings now extremly close to thier target.  Shazam linked his cannons together and took decisive aim on the X-wing after it pulled out of its turn, a pretty still and easy target.  The targetting reticle lit up like a christmas tree and Shazam sharply pulled back on the trigger, bolts of energy plastered the back-end of the shield, the cannon's combined energy had a devestating effect.  Shazam aloud for a moment's worth of cooling and fired once more, this time the blue fire ripped through the engines supporting the rebellion X-wing.  One of the engines suddenly spiralled off and exploded right next to the bomber he was supposed to be protecting.  Bomber's cockpit turned yellow it in turn burst into flames that were quickly distinguished by the vacumme of space.  The X-wing, now running off the remaining boosters started a very slow spiral while managing to move ahead but still directly towards the group of bombers.

Shazam let off one more squeeze of the trigger, but held if for a few moments, pulling on the controls allowing the pure chaos that was his cannons, erupt into the crowd of rebel craft that floated to thier target so lazilly.  The X-wing seemed to implode, parts flying all over the place and making direct contact with the surrounding ships, debris blasted into another X-wing that had come to assist him.  A long piece of the fuselage went through his cockpit, the pilot was sucked out the side of window and froze instantly, there was no protection to offer him from the frostbite of space through that particular exit... 

The fighter continued to move forward at full speed, the speed at which the pilot had figured would help assist his little buddy, and nearly colliding with another cluster of Y-wings; the pilots of the Y-wings seemed to be a litte more aware of thier surrounding friends... 

Shazam barreled sideways into the long row of bombers that flew so steadilly before, thier engine seemed to be on pretty high now.  Judith and Owoemana closed up behind him, one on each side of him, they looked like the arrow of death that was sure to strike the poor rebel infront of them.  They shouldn't have fired on one of thier own, reguardless of thier jobs, Shazam thought to himself with a boiling hatred inside of him.  Judith and Owoemana let off a burst of fire as Shazam gave the order, the Nazgul leader's own blue cannon fire added to the mix created a fury of technological rage that could not be simply 'done'.  The trio began a systematic rundown of every Y-wing in the group.  They would not get this fleet...

(Fudge, didn't realize we were writing at the same time...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 27, 2005 5:11:55 PM)]
Dirk
ComNet n00b

Dirk

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  18
January 28, 2005 7:41:31 AM    View the profile of Dirk 
With their escort gone the Y-wings broke formation as the trio of imperial pilots harassed them with laser fire. As they split up the trio moved through the group in formation, concentrating their laser fire to make short work of the Y-wing's tough armour.

Laguna and Dirk followed the trio in fast, seeing the Y-wing formation split apart to keep the imps off their back's Dirk pulled away from laguna to tail one of the Y-wings that looked like it was going to make it through.

Much to his dismay this Y-wing was the double-seater BTL-S3 variation and as he dropped in behind it, the rear facing ion turret spewed blue ion fire towards his frail craft. Dirk throttled up and pulled to the left of the Y-wing, out of the turrets firing arc. Instead of passing by however he kept just behind the craft on one side, placing the Y-wings nacelle between his ship and the Y-wings pilots.

Confused the Y-wing craft started to roll, both pilots looking to see where the tie interceptor had gone. Dirk rolled underneath the Y-wing and opened fire on the exposed belly of the ship. He saw the Y-wings shields fail, but his four lasers only glaced it's hull, before the Y-wing started maneuvering to avoid him.

Dirk throttled up and pulled ahead of the Y-wing, he excecuted a sharp turn and came around for another pass at the slow bomber, hoping to finish it off before it opened fire on the Overlord.

"Squadron's Kaph and Nazgul, hurry up with those Y-wings. Beta suqadron are starting a bombing run on the first interdictor and need fighter cover!"

"You heard the co-ordinator, finish off these last Y-wings!" Shazam shouted.

-----------------------
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Cadet

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  287
January 28, 2005 8:18:47 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack finally woke from being knocked out. He found his TIE Aggressor drifting towards a MC-40 Mon Calamari Cruiser. He remembered his days back with the ADF, that day when Wings I and II blew up that MC-40 thanks to a Rebel fighter. With an A-Wing on his tail, he decided to do that trick again.

When engines and lasers were up at full power, he pushed his TIE straight into the line of enemy turbolaser fire. With a quick twist of the fighter, he avoided a ion cannon shot that hit the A-Wing dead-center. Jack watched as the dead fighter shot into the MC-40's bridge, destroying it.

Beta Squadron had started its run on the Interdictor, and Nazgul's orders were to protect them. Quickly rejoining Flight Two of Nazgul, he felt an odd feeling - entertainment.

"Glad you're back, Jack," Shazam said as Jack took his spot in front of the other pilots.

"Yeah," Jack said. "Well, one MC-40 gone."

"Nice job, Jack!" Laguna said.

"Okay guys," Shazam began, "New objective: Protect Beta Squadron as they make their run. Once the Interdictor's gone, we clean up this taskforce."

"Yeah!" Dirk yelled in Sullustan, which Jack could understand.

Jack eyed Beta Squadron up ahead. "Two Flight, form up behind me. It's time to rock and roll!" Jack yelled as he charged his bomb chute.

-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:53:34 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 249  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >