Jack Nebulax
ComNet Member

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  493
Total Posts:  3245
  RE: Chapter 8 : Navy
February 23, 2005 3:05:26 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack opened the door to his room and jumped onto the bed. That battle was a very tough one out there. For the first time in a long time, Jack needed a vacation.

Hmmm..., Jack thought, Maybe Corellia. My uncle lives there, and since my stepmom was from Corellia, I guess I have a little Corellian blood. That would be nice, Jack thought.

Jack's arm had taken serious damage in the last part of that intense battle. Jack pulled out his R2 unit from the closet.

"Artoo Exseven," Jack called R2-X7 out, "You think you can fix this?"

"Beep-BOP-BEEP-boop," the astromech unit beeped in response, confirming that he could.

So the little R2 unit rolled out to Jack's mechanical right arm, which was laying on the bed. A small arm came out of R2's many compartments, and small electric blue sparks flew out as the arm was repair.

Many times now, mechanics around the ISD Devastator had offered Jack a new arm that looked more natural. However, Jack refused to give up the arm that saved his life already.

R2 continued on with the repairs. That is, until he stopped when a small planetary system hologram popped out of R2-X7's holoprojector. Jack decided to fix the arm himself, unaware of what was floating before him. Jack finished quickly.

"Artoo," he began as he started to look up, "Why didn't you-" He stopped in midsentence when he saw the image. "Finish," he completed his sentence slowly.

The droid beeped a few times.

"Artoo," Jack began slowly, "I think you've found something."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Nebulax, Vast Empire Imperial Navy.
XO/FL/SCRW Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Ullyr/Phare/Empyrean
Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Nemesis Wing
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1210
Total Posts:  4197
February 23, 2005 6:15:40 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The imperials had suffered extreme losses.  Casuaties continued to rise although they were already out of the battle, more and more people were showing up missing and pilots who had been exposed to toxins within thier ships or were injured from hits to the craft in which they flew, continued to slowly die off reguardless of advanced treatment.

That battle had been meaningless, Shazam had already decided in his head, every single bit of it absolutly useless to either side.  The rebels would probably find, in retrospect, that they had gained almost nothing other than the sensation of inturupting imperial space flight.  A war is a war, and this was not a war, this had been worthless slaughter of men without any thought from the higher ups as to what effect it would have on thier people and the families of those people.  No one had learned anything, rather they didn't learn anything useful to resolve anything.

Shazam knew when he signed up, he was picking a side, that when you were recognized as an imperial, your enemy was the rebel, and vice versa.  Now, although Shazam would say things like, 'rebel scum', or ' burn in hell'...  He couldn't help feel just a little guilty, as if some higher power was watching him and frowning upon what he called 'reinforcement of the imperial way'.  Shazam could have joined the rebels, he really could have, he simply chose the side that would probably help him accomplish his mission the fastest.  At the time, it had most certainly been the imperials, and he had really suceeded in finding out very little about his enemy or the thing he was really after. 

Since he had joined the imperial navy, he had actually become more for the men and women rather than the cause, which Shazam couldn't actually be sure of anymore now that time had worn him.  At the registration booth, the slogan was 'to defeat the rebel inpurity raging its plague in the galaxy..."  Some of the less loyal servents aboard the ISDs often referred to the war as 'Galactic Domination'.  That went for both sides really.  Oh well, he'd chosen, and now he was dedicated to those he worked with.  It was funny, things seemed to resemble a game, more and more, and not necessarilly a game of strategy, but a game of study.  To test the effects of human nature, in this case, or at this particular moment, human nature in times of war.  How far would someone go to reach thier goals?  How hard would you try to defeat the enemy?  The answer for some is 'all the way', or 'to the end'...  While others would say 'as far as it continues to benefit me'.  Yes, things were certainly looking clearer for him...

Shazam was tired from the battle, he had actually stopped by teh treatment center first though, and they had applied bacta patches or something to his side, some more shots, and finally a prescription for rest and low activity...  Low activity...  Right, the doctor had given him a mischevious look when saying it, what he was implying he needed to stay away from, couldn't be sure, but it gave them both a chuckle. 

At the moment though, the man in charge of Nazgul Squadron, was completely wiped out, in no mood for anything.  How long was that crap?  A couple of hours?  Man, I am drained, he thought.  He was walking down the white walled corridors of the ISD Devestator...  Yes, the Devestator I think, can't be real sure, but I shall retire...  He was rambling and he wasn't even speaking...  I need some sleep...

(Well, that about sums up what Shazam though of the battle...  I'm done here...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) [LoM] [LSM]
Eeth Koth
ComNet n00b

Eeth Koth

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  34
February 23, 2005 8:56:33 PM    View the profile of Eeth Koth 
After landing the Firefly the crew chief came up to help him out of the cockpit.

Good to see you back sir! What did you think about combat for the first time?

PURE HELL CHIFE PURE HELL the ships a little banged up but get her ready by the end of your shift.

Yes sir can do will get the R2 units on it right away.

Eeth headed straight to locker room shower.

As the warm water fell over Eeths body all he could think about was that first ship he blasted out of space and he longed for more much but at the same time he thought about the pilot's family.  But still better him then me

Eeth then changed and headed for the trading deck to log in a few training hours on the Tie Sim.  Like dad always said a pilot is only as good as he trains.  After a few hours of training Eeth was beat so he head to his bunk for a well earned rest.

-----------------------
Eeth Koth
We Live in Space and Die By Fire.
FM/CRW Eeth Koth/Kaph2 /Wing1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VE
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Member

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  512
February 24, 2005 1:24:17 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack had just been searching through his databooks when he found out what the system was - the Dantooine System, yes, that old planet that once had an ancient Jedi Temple and a Rebl base before the Battle of Yavin.

Jack wondered what was there, and why Jack found the datachip in R2-X7. It was not long until he replayed the message. A figure in a Jedi robe popped out.

He spoke with a mumbled voice, causing Jack to strain to hear it. He caught glimpse of figures rushing behind him. Then the Jedi became crystal clear.

He spoke calmly as the planet shook with blasts from an orbital bombardment.

"...we are taking heavy hits from.... if anyone from the temple can hear.... repeat, an.... bombardment.... evacuating base and.... temple is destroyed... severe casualities..."

Then the message went dead. At the same time, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Jack asked.

"It's me," Willtconq replied.

Jack quickly made sure that the message was over beforing letting his former squadronmate in. Then Jack opened the door to let him in.

Willtconq got straight to the point. "Jack, Judith's death wasn't your fault."

"What made you say that?" Jack asked.

"I bumped into Shazam earlier. He told me all about it," Willtconq replied.

"I'm fine," Jack said.

"You sure?" Willtconq asked.

"Yep. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to be alone. Please," Jack said.

"Alright, man. Just don't walk out of a airlock with a suit," Willtconq said as he left.

When he was out of earshot and the door was closed, Jack whispered to R2-X7, "Come on, Artoo. Let's go."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.
XO/FL/SCRW Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Ullyr, Directorate Network (http://www.directorate.net/)
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  901
Total Posts:  4599
February 25, 2005 12:05:08 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will was the last Tie to enter the hanger as he make sure that no enemy was trying to make a quick run on the docking bay. Once his Avenger settled on the smooth flat surface of the hanger floor, Will hurried out of the cockpit, and ordered a mechenic to get his ship prepared and docked in one of the private docking spaces used for only perosonal fighters.

After he got done talking to the machenic, another came running twards him. "Sir, Your new Hawkbat is ready and docked next to your Avenger's desginated place. all of your requets and adjustments along with some more modifications are all done. The new remote control system has been properly installed, and the virtual cockpit is waiting for pickup."

"Thank you. Please deliver the virtual cockpit to my room A.S.A.P. I will put it in my room myself, thank you. Make sure that it's ready for take off once we leave hyperspace. That is all."

"Yes Sir! I'll get to it right away!" the mechanic said as he hurried away.

Will went over to examine his new fighter. He had designed it himself. It's one of the fastest Ties in the Empire. especailly his, the factory has made specail modifications for the designer, him. Even thos with our much laser power, this ship chould still be as deadly as Avenger, it had way more speed, enough to out run almost every ship in the galaxy; and a general purpost laucher, may be used to launch missils, concussion missles, and even drop bombs. Plus, the additional modifications that he had the mechanics add to it has made it the best fighter second to the Tie Phantom. But its still faster. Will said quietly to himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Jack burst out of his Agressor's cockpit and run out of the hanger. Hmm, Will thought, maybe i should go and check on him later. Then he walked out too, heading for his room.

The security system outside his room identified his owner and let him in. There was an envelope on the ground. Will wondered how it got there. No one on the ship would be able to disable his security systems without being seen, and he dont recall ever telling anyone the proper identifications. Might as well open it he thought. Inside, there was a card. it had a Tie with a red-cross medical sign on the side of the Tie. It gave Will a pretty good idea on who sent the card. Now that he thought about it, he remembered that he did give the proper identifications to this person. The card read:

Congratulations Will!

I'm sooo happy that you and your squdron made it through the battle all save and sound. But I did hear that there was one death on the other squadron though. I'm sorry if you had know him. Anyways, now that the battle is over, I thought that maybe we can get back together some time. You do remember the dinner that you promised me, dont you? I'll be waiting for your reply!

Love,
Lauren

Will finished reading the card, and stuffed it back in the envelope. Lauren! I have forgotten all about her! But then, he realized that somehow his love had something to do with his survial through the battle without much harm. I should get a picture of her and hang it in my cockpit sometime, he thought. that should keep me from forgetting her.

There was a knock on the door, and he put the envelope down on the bedside table, to go and answer the door. The mechanic from the hanger has arrived with a large box that is about 5x6x6 feet. It certainly is large enough to be the size of a normal Tie cockpit. They carefully moved it into his room and set it on the ground.

The were about to walk out the door when Will called, "Hey! Can you guys help me move this thing since I'm here?"

"Sure. Where would you like it?"

"Lets see, I think it would be a nice to put it next to the window."

"ok, guys, lets move it!" the mechanic ordered, appearently he had at least some rank. "Sir, the manual and all the accessories are in the box, it should be pretty easy to use."

"ok, thank you. here's a little extra for your help." Will said as he gave each and everyone a couple of dollars before they walked out.

Will took a shower, changed, and thought that he'd do everything else after he gets some rest. But then, he saw once again the envelope, and thought that it would be best to not keep the lady waiting. So he called Lauren and talked to her for a while, and finally agreeing that they would have dinner the day after tomorrow. After hanging up, he called one of the resturant bars, and made reservations for two. Finally faling asleep as tiredness caught up with him.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we will do it again!
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Member

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  533
February 25, 2005 7:44:30 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack had decided not to go to the Dantooine System after all. Knowing his mischeivous astromech droid, whom Jack bought on Coruscant (a.k.a. Imperial Center), R2-X7 had probally swiped it from another droid delivering the message.

Before R2-X7 was Jack's droid, the little astro droid was the copilot of a smuggling ship that was sometimes a pirate ship. Jack guessed that Artoo's former owner had stored the disk in his droid's databanks for safekeeping before the pirate was killed in a supernova.

R2-X7 had been left on Coruscant, luckily.

Jack remembered when he found the feisty little droid and took him in as his own. After a few memory wipes of his previous experiences, the droid had become a friend to Jack.

As Jack thought back to this, he began to fall asleep. It had been a rough day, and Jack was thinking hard about many things: Judith's death, his thought that the pirates were friendly, and the mysterious Jedi Master on the tape. Something seemed familiar about him... The face looked oddly familiar, the voice, everything.

Before long, Jack fell asleep with R2 chittering beside him.

Jack heard the Jedi in his dreams. The visions of the battle, even Judith's death, had left him. Now this strange Jedi Master on Dantooine almost called to him. Jack eased himself to forget about him and focus on the debriefing which had not come yet, the regrouping of the fleet which needed to be done, and every last bit of VE buisness that needed to be planned and done.

At the last possible moment, Jack woke up. Jack didn't feel like he was in his quarters on the Devastator. He was in the ship's med center in a bacta tank. Jack saw R2-X7 by his side still. Jack couldn't ask Artoo-Exseven the question, but R2 already knew what happened: He had it recorded on a holodisk.

Someone was in Jack's quarters as he slept in his bunk.

He looked just like the Jedi that Jack saw earlier on R2's holoprojector in the Dantooine base.

Jack was sure that it was him.

-----------------------
Laguna
ComNet Initiate

Laguna

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  192
Total Posts:  1963
February 25, 2005 2:55:26 PM    View the profile of Laguna 
(OOC:Maybe we should leave it at that guys, Squadron stories are coming soon..../:OOC)

-----------------------
Laguna Loire
Leader of Nazgul Flight 3
Vast Empire Navy
FL/LCRW Laguna/Nazgul 3-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE (=A=)
Ex-soldier turned journalist, Laguna is a strong willed man with amazing energy. His compassion for the unfortunate drivers him to help the weak and bring down their oppressors.
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:24:41 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 79  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >