ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate (UNI)

Post Number:  396
Total Posts:  1884
  RE: Chapter 8 : Army
November 7, 2004 7:34:03 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
(OCC. Sorry its so long, got a little bit out of control .OCC)

"You're better than him Kami...better than what he's trying to make you...."

"Numerous abrasions, bruises, a few broken ribs, a punctured lung..."

"He only gets away with what he does to you because you're letting him..."

"Nasty cut above and below her right eye, might scar..."

"If he loved you...if he cared about you...he wouldn't be doing this..."

"She's healing remarkably well, she should snap out of it later today, tomorrow morning at the latest..."

"I can't stand to see you like this...please Kami...let me help you..."

Kami's eyes flew open, her senses immediately becoming engulfed in a wave of pink.
Stretching a hand out slowly in front of her, Kami touched the glass, causing one of the shadowed figures to turn her way in response.

"There you go, just like I said. She's a strong one alright."

Swirling about in the bacta, Kami reveled in her painless movement, gently brushing her chest with her fingertips. Her breath was coming easily...her headache was gone.

The lid of the bacta tank slid open with a soft clang, spurring Kami upwards towards the white light of the medical room. A strong hand encased hers, pulling her free.

A young, tidy looking man unclasped her breather, and held her steady as she coughed up the bacta from her lungs onto the grate at her feet.
"Couldn't taste any worse could it?" He added happily as Kami doubled over again.

Clutching at the medic's arm like a life raft, Kami took a deep breath, then allowed him to help her down the tank's ramp.
"It's worse with internal injuries..." the doctor continued, leading Kami under a small refresher unit, "...you'll be tasting it for weeks..."
Kami forced herself to nod at appropriate moments, shivering as warm water coursed down her back.
"...one of my guys had like, two punctured lungs.... you can just imagine how bad that would have been..."

Another medic appeared at her side, wrapping a towel about Kami, and leading her further down the ramp.
The other medic trailed in their wake, switching topics at a million miles an hour.
"...so I told him, that's not my problem buddy, I didn't tell you to go train an hour after you got out of the tank..."
Kami stepped off the ramp, threw a thankful smile at the quiet medic, then jutted into the other medic's story, "Where are we?"
The medic stopped mid laugh, his hands raised in a imitation of a patient, "Oh...you're at main base Corporal. Your squad arrived a few days ago with a string of Rebel pursuers."
Kami looked around the threadbare room, "Are they ok? Where are they? Did we receive any new orders?"
"Whoa..." The medic raised both his hands in a gesture of surrender, "Don't ask me, I'm just the med guy."
He gestured to a nearby sleeping pallet and the small bundle of clothes resting on top of it.
"Those are yours; you can go and find out for yourself. Just take it easy ok? You're still not 100%"
Kami nodded, wrapping her towel closer about her, "Thank you Doctor..."
"Cartman" He grinned, giving a small bow, "You were a good patient...didn't complain about the hospital food at all..."
He winked, forcing Kami to give a weak laugh, before he span about and marched out the door at the far end of the room, his clipboard clamped in his hands.

Kami dressed quickly, ran her fingers through her wet hair, then stepped out after him.

Imperial troops rushed back and forth in all directions, crisscrossing about each other in a jumble of white, black and grey. Overwhelmed at the sudden influx of noise, Kami latched onto the nearest officer in sight, and screamed politely for directions.
After several minutes of yelling, Kami took off, slipping easily through the crowd towards where the Captain had directed her.
The noise and activity died down as Kami made her way towards the waterline and the makeshift docks of the camp.
"Kami!"
Rema popped abruptly out of a small building in front of her.
"Looking good" He grinned, winking playfully.

Hooking his arm about Kami's shoulders he steered her about a small storage shed.
"We've got a new guy with us," Rema said, weaving about a speeder bike, "His name's Giovanni. Nice bloke, a little too 'academy' for me but I'm sure that'll wear off after a few fights..."
They rounded a corner, and came face to face with the rest of the Dragoons, all of whom were slumped in various positions about the deck of the Rebel boat.
A chorus of cheers went up as Rema towed Kami out onto the boardwalk and into sight.
Grinning like a mad man, he bent and swept her into his arms, carrying her the last few meters over the ramp to the boat's deck.
Laughing, Kami had time to give the Sergeant a playful punch as her feet touched the ground before the squad swarmed around.
"I'm fine." She answered before any of them could start up the questions, "Tired...but raring to go."
Afyon smiled, then tossed a drink in Kami's direction, "Sit down then, put your feet up. We're just awaiting our new orders."
Dropping down next to TK, Kami pushed her hair from her eyes, before throwing a welcoming smile at the man who was standing uncomfortably next to Zafo.
Giovanni nodded back, raising his drink in salute.

"Ask how many Rebels were burned to get you back here in time Kam" Rema said, folding himself into an old deck chair set up next to Afyon.
"It's a good story."

Kami laughed,
"How many?"

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
TRP/CPL kaMi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 7, 2004 7:43:08 AM)]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  130
Total Posts:  199
November 7, 2004 3:34:38 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis began making his way out of the hangar when a blast door several meters away began to open.  From inside, Anubis saw something he didn't want to see.

It sped out and started firing its deadly bolts at Anubis.  It was only a small combat speeder, but still capable of taking out Anubis since he was alone.

Dang, now what? Anubis thought as the blaster bolts continued coming.  Anubis ran for several more meters till he reached the other side of a large crate.  Anubis noted that the speeder had stopped firing.

As Anubis peeked out, he saw 3 New Republic Marines exit the speeder, carrying heavy blasters.  Anubis knew that he was dead if they got him in his sight.  Anubis looked for something, anything that could give him an advantage.  There was nothing in sight, except for...the lights.

The ceiling roof was open, but that was several meters up, far enough away to only provide minimal light.  Anubis looked about, finding several light fixtures spread throughout the hangar.  Then a marine came out from behind the large crate, weapon drawn and pointed at Anubis.  "Drop your weapon now." The marine yelled.

Anubis motioned as if he was going to put his blaster carbine on the ground, then with a swift dodge, he fired several shots at each of the nearby lights.  Not all of the fixtures had gone out, but enough to cause the marines to fire frantically trying to hit their target.

Alright, it's now or never.   Anubis dashed towards the open blast door.  He ran with more speed than he had in years, knowing that to stop would mean certain death.  The troopers saw him through the light coming from the door, and began firing, several of the shots hit Anubis, but his armor took most of the impact.

As he got to the door, the marines coming with blasters flaring, Anubis hit the button to close the door.  After it had closed, a few blasts from his carbine ensured it would hold them for at least a few minutes.

"Guys, I've planted my explosives, and am under fire near the command center.  I could use some assistance."  It was Argon.  Anubis figured the complex wasn't much different from the first one, and so traveled a relatively similar path. 

Coming upon a large squad of marines and security droids, Anubis saw the situation Argon was in.  He was hiding behind a large durasteel plate, taking pot shots at the troopers and droids whenever possible.

Anubis had to find some way to help him.  Seeing nothing in the near vicinity to help, Anubis gave up looking and just took shots at them.  Bad idea, as while the droids easily were destroyed, the New Republic marines had excellent armor.  Now seen, Anubis ran.  Blaster shots went past him, then one hit him in the back.

Anubis fell to the ground immediately.  He then began to taste iron, a clear sign that something really bad had happened.  The pain in his back was beyond horrible.  Anubis knew that if Argon didn't find a way to fight the marines, they both might end up prisoners, or dead.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  1305
November 7, 2004 10:05:35 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Nice People

Giovanni thought as he finished his drink and gave the trooper sitting adjacent from him a quick smile. He got up and immediately looked for something to do. He wasnt about to spend the rest of the day doing nothing, it wasnt like him.

Sure, the rest of the troopers seemed nice, but socializing would have to wait. "If you dont mind, Im just gonna walk a while and see If i can find something to do," he said to Zafo, in a low voice. Zafo gave him a puzzled look. "Fine by me, just dont get in any trouble." Giovanni nodded politely, and walked away.

Nice People

He thought once again. It wasnt like Giovanni to deny a drink, or a chance to make a friend or two, but he didnt want to rush things. "I'll just make a friend some other day." He took out his keycard, and opened the door. He dressed down and climbed into bed. Music slowly filled the room. His eyes shut, and he let everything sink in. He was in. Years of work had paid off....He was finally there.

He rolled over in bed and rested his head on the pillow.

Gotta stop being such a hermit, dont wanna give people the wrong idea... He thought, as he went to sleep.
He had his entire life ahead of him, he'd need the rest.

"Lights off". The room faded to black.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC_Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  222
Total Posts:  765
November 8, 2004 3:28:29 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The second the hatch shut, all problems simply floated away. Never had a refresher station felt so good. His aches slowly crawled from his body, the dirt leaked to the floor and through the drain. Those 15 minutes were some of the most peaceful Zafo had ever experienced. When he was forced out to give others a turn, he was rather unhappy. Most of the pain on his left side had returned minutes after exiting the booth.

The pain was so great, Zafo decided to head over to the medical centre to have his wounds examined. The was a short line-up for medical attention. Most of the line were privates who had very minor injuries, and could have easily gotten by without aid. Zafo was happy when his turn came. Right as he was walking through the door, several medics with a man in a stretcher came running through the waiting room.

"All emergency rooms are full" One of the medics exclaimed "and this man needs help now!"

The man controlling civilian traffic to see the medics nodded and turned to Zafo.
"Sorry Soldier, You are going to have to wait a bit"

Zafo didn't get angry, make any faces or cause any trouble; he simply nodded and stepped to the side. Whoever was in the stretcher had put there life on the line for the remnant, just as Zafo had. As the stretcher was rushed pass, Zafo saw a trooper, bathing in a small pool of his own blood. His arm was hanging on by an incredibly small piece of skin. A medic tried desperately to stop the bleeding, but he wasn't all that successful.

It was another half hour before another doctor became available. Zafo slid quietly into the room and removed his shirt for the doctor to examine his vital organs. After a bit of painful poking, prodding and machine reading the doctor told Zafo he had no broken bones or damaged organs, but he was lucky. Had he hit the rock turned slightly more sideways, one of his ribs would probably have caused decent damage to his stomach. He was told a ten-minute lie in a pool of bacta on his left side would do much good for him.

The bacta had a cool oozy sort of feeling to the skin that felt relieving. It felt like he was lying in it for 1 minute when the doctor asked him to get up. Zafo's side felt numb when he took it out of the bacta, but that was good he didn't feel much pain.

Zafo got out of the medical centre and his spirits lightened slightly.
"Why am I feeling so glum?" Zafo though
"I usually don't feel sad"
"Well, It's not going to stay like this" Zafo continued, changing the direction of his mindless pace
"There's one thing that can always make me happy"

Zafo walked into the bar and found all of the Dragoons, save Gio, just getting started on their first drink. They all greeted him as he took a seat.

"Anything we can get you?" Sam asked
"Yes" Zafo answered
"Alcohol, and lots of it" 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/LCP ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited November 8, 2004 3:31:32 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  636
Total Posts:  948
November 8, 2004 6:31:52 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi booked from his Trebuchet.

He had fired all the shots he could before two desturbing broadcasts had come over his comlink.

Apearently the New Republic was ready for this second raid or the Wraiths did not wait long enough for the emergency calls to come in to pull off a great deal of the security forces.

The second call was from Argon.  He was pinned down and Anubis had gotten himself shot in a vain attempt to help him.

Kuroishi could not hold his anger and frustration back any more.  The New Republic would pay for this.  Damn the mission.  Damn the low profile.  It was time to send a message.

Kuroishi ran to the loacation with one stop.  A drop spot where he left a rifle just for such a purpose.  He had managed to pick up enough gunsmithing skill in his years that with a few good materials he was able to have made a Timbique Edition Zues while also working on his trebuchet.

Kuroishi worked his way toward the complex avoiding weapon scanners where he knew them to be and New Republic security patrols.  Kuroishi knew where to find Argon.

Keeping his cloak around his body to conceal the rather large weapon he was now carrying Kuroishi walked calmly up to the guards that had positioned themselves to cut off any escape at one of the security complex's entrances.

"Proceed no further citizen this complex is under attack by imperial loyal terrorists.  Please leave the area now for your own safety."  One of the guards said.

"I know.  I ordered it."  Kuroishi said as in a flash he stuck a blasting block of C-8 to the face plate of the marine opposing him and kicked him into his assembled compatriots.

Pressing the detonator Kuroishi smirked as the few not caught by the blast now seemed very aprehensive about the figure in the black cloak before them.  What made it truely intimidating was that he was on the edge of the blast area and he wasn't even knocked off balance.

"You better run and get more reinforcements for me to slaughter boys."  Kuroishi said as he took advantage of the intimidation factor he had just created and just strolled into the complex's now open door.

Kuroishi walked calmly as he made way to Argon's position.

He chose his entrance well as he came to the location where Argon was pinned down.

Kuroishi calmly walked in the face of enemy fire as his presance became known to the Marines.

"Pitiful mortals.  I shall make you pay for daring to strike at one of my men."  Kuroishi said as he hefted the Timbique Edition Zues to his shoulder and advanced under blaster fire shrugging off hits.

The loud crack of half inch diameter rifle rounds cracking through the air sent the marines into a panic as for many thousands of years armor had been designed to be more and more able to shrug off blasters while slug throwers, especially ones using cutting edge technology, had long departed from the battle field and thier armor was not adequate against such weapons as a consequence.

Kuroishi knew the same to be true of the armor that had comprised the inner layer of his current disquise.  With a bit of cosmetic surgery and replacement of a few filter pumps it worked very nicely to conceal it's wearer as a non-oxygen breathing species.

[Author:  More later as the lab is gonna shut off internet access for a bit for network maintenance.  /Author]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Agent of Wierdness
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
"It's not what I'm on it's what I'm NOT on."-far as I know me
Agent of wierdness
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  637
November 8, 2004 10:20:31 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[Author:  As promised.  /Author]

Kuroishi quickly took in the situation.

Anubis's wound was bad.  Kuroishi knew enough to keep him alive long enough that if they could get back off planet without a hitch he would be fine.

Once the area was cleared Kuroishi went to work.

Tapping his comm three times he made the another decision that would haunt him for a while but he'd be able to get over it easier because it meant Anubis would still be alive.

"Operation abort.  Repeat I'm ordering a complete and total scrub.  We need to enact Emergency Medical Evac Plan Able.  Operative Alpha will send coordinates for our rendevous."  Kuroishi was stunned.

Wraith could not sustain a permanant combat loss this far behind enemy lines.  It ate up Kuroishi that they still had no full fledged doctor only some good field training for keeping people alive until the doctor can get to the wounded soldier.

This was a definate moral killer but there was no choice.  The mission to Coruscant would have to be aborted.  Perhaps if Wraith at least had the medical expertise it would be possible to continue.

"Okay I got him stabalized where we can move him.  Let's head out.  Good thing I kept an emergency evac open here and there."  Kuroishi said as Wraith filed out of the security complex with Kuroishi on point, Mandar and Stonefish carrying Anubis on a make shift streatcher, with Argon bringing up the rear.

They proceeded outside and unfortunately for Kuroishi he was in a mood to let some guards live earlier and they had done preciesly as he had requested.

"Keep back."  Kuroishi said as he marched out into the waiting line of troops.

Flipping the switch to full auto on his rifle Kuroishi stood defiantly in the open facing what appeared to be a full platoon of troops by himself.

"Let's dance."  Kuroishi said as he pulled the trigger.

A stream of lead flew out toward his opponents as blaster bolts returned toward Kuroishi.  Many impacted directly on his body, arms, and legs, with some disabling his rifle.

Dropping the rifle Kuroishi was left with only one viable weapon in this situation, himself.

Charging into the midst of troops Kuroishi felt blaster impacts on his armor.

Using his speed and strength he closed into the largest collection of still standing troops and began tossing them around like rag dolls toward the nearest edge or opponent, whicever was more handy.

A thermal detonator went off behind Kuroishi as he tossed the last guard over the edge to fall to his doom.

"That hurt."  Kuroishi said as he turned to face the last few survivors.

With speed and fists he charged into them and began breaking bone.

In a battle rage Kuroishi did not care about the continued pelting he was recieving.

It did not take him long to clear the remainder but he suspect some got away again.

"Let's move."  Kuroishi barked.

Grabbing his grapple rods Kuroishi rigged up for thier decent.

"Our nearest evac point is that frieghter on that launch pad down over there.  If we execute our escape from this scene well they will never even notice."  Kuroishi said as he hooked up Anubis's streatcher.

The deceant to another level down faster then security forces could have predicted gave them the lead needed to get out from immediate scrutiny and the expertise of Wraith Squad made ducking the security cameras and sensors easy enough.

All that was left was customs.

Kuroishi was first in line.  His old cloak full of blaster holes discarded for a freash one to conceal what lay beneath.

Pulling out from a protected compartment Kuroishi palmed a anonymous bank access card.

"As per our agreement."  Kuroishi said to the customs agent.

"Go right on up sir."  The agent replied as Kuroishi slipped him the card.

The customs agent cleared them to the frieghter.

Kuroishi sat down and began to take off his cloak followed by pieces of what was not obviously melted Varneck Marine Combat Armor with small barely intact chunks of cosmetic alteration still in place.

"How did you get away with that?"  Mandor puzzled.

"Simple, the New Republic has never gotten a chemical annalasis of this stuff and it's basicly fancy environmental armor with good blaster protection."  Kuroishi answered as they were given launch clearance.

Soon they would be back to VE lines and Anubis would recieve the care he needed.

With that though Kuroishi passed out from his own injuries.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Agent of Wierdness
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Agent of wierdness
TK-112
ComNet Member

TK-112

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  690
Total Posts:  1086
November 9, 2004 4:42:17 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Bah! Alcohol will ruin your brain!" TK shouted.
"And it's the best thing there is Sarge!" Zafo replied.
"Well here, try some of my nuna soup." TK ordered as he pushed a bowl of bland looking soup towards Zafo.
"...Eww! Isn't this what Gungans eat?" Zafo asked TK with a disgusted look in his face.
"It's what you've been eating through this whole campaign. You might not realise it, but I've been putting some Nuna meat in your ration packs." TK informed.
"Oh God!" Sam suddenly blurted out.

Sam quickly ran towards the toilet.

"Is it really that bad?" TK asked.
"Aaah I'm going to turn into a Gungan!!!!" Zafo shouted as he also ran for the toilet.

Co-incidentally, Gio happened to step into the bar just as soon as Zafo ran for the toilet.

"... Did I... Miss something..." Gio asked.
"Aaah, Gio! Come try my Nuna soup!" TK ordered.
"Say no!" Kami swiftly intervened.
"Err... No..." Gio answered and sat down in a secluded corner.
"Damn it people, it's only Nuna!" TK angrily whinged.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman
Field Cook in training
*DarkDragoons* - Vast Empire Army
TRP/SSG TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  638
November 9, 2004 4:33:28 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi awoke to find himself in the medical facilities of the Vast Empire fleet.  They all looked the same but he was pretty sure he was on the Dominion.

Kuroishi thought back.  He had failed.  Twice in a row.  He failed the first time by being directly responsible for the death of civilians.  He failed the second time because he did not keep control of the mission.

Anubis had been wounded because he was not there to keep control of the mission.  Instead he had been off persuing his insane quest.

Kuroishi just lay there in his solace.  Nothing to do until his injuries healed.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Agent of Wierdness
Agent of wierdness
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Novice

Giovanni Bryden

Post Number:  39
November 9, 2004 5:35:50 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Zafo ran past. His face was a shade of red.

Someones had too much to drink... Giovanni thought. He smiled at the dragoons in the bar, and pondered why he had decided to leave in the first place. Although he failed to admit it, he felt almost at home.

"Hand me a glass..." He sat back in a corner and relaxed. This beat the hell out of being alone in a dark room. Zafo walked in soon there after. He had a trail of sweat running from his brow down the side of his face.

"Nuna meat...I cant believe I ate nuna meat..." Zafo said as he walked into the bar. "Come on, it cant be that bad. On second thought, I think I will try the soup."

The Bar went quiet. All eyes were on Gio. Before he could even reconsider his request, a hot steaming plate of soup was pushed right under his nose. The smell pierced through the room like cheap cologne. "Bon apetit!," said TK. Giovanni gave back a nervous grin.

"You mind If i have a glass of ale to wash this stuff down with?" Gio requested. He took his spoon and went to work.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  406
November 9, 2004 6:33:15 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami winced along with the rest of the bar as Gio swallowed mouthful after mouthful of the soup, his face alternating between shades of violent red and sickly green.
TK sat with his elbows propped up next to the private, his eyes watching every move.
"Good hey?"
Gio grimaced in his direction, "Delicious..."

Swallowing the foul taste in her mouth, Kami tossed down the last of her drink, then rose, sliding past Rema and out of the booth.
"I need some fresh air."
Rema nodded sympathetically, one hand hovering over a queasy stomach, "Might come out and join you later."
Winking in Gio's direction, Kami strode to the ramshackle door of the makeshift bar and walked out into the dusty, but thankfully nuna free air.

Taking a deep breath, Kami dropped down on the nearest bench.
Pushing her fingers through her loose hair, Kami hesitated, her fingers tracing the outline of her newly healed scar.
The whip had trailed across the right side of her face, breaking only for her eyebrow and her eye, before pulling away at her cheekbone.
Most of the Dragoons had said it was striking feature, but Kami was having a hard time getting used to its presence.
It was, after all, a torture scar.

"Rebs do that to you?"
Kami glanced up to see a young soldier, his gaunt face marred with tattoos
"I can clean it up for you," He told her, "If you're interested."
Kami looked over at the soldier's grey haired companion, "Clean it up?"
The older man nodded, tossing his long hair over his shoulder to reveal a stunning curved tattoo on his left cheek, "Used to be a scar."
He grinned, "Deak here's a friggin Monet."
Deak laughed, giving a small bow.
"I'll do it cheap for you sweetheart. Make it your scar, not theirs."

Kami hesitated.
Her father had marked her, which was bad enough.
But a bunch of low-life Rebels on a backwater assignment?

Kami got to her feet, "I'm warning you...mess up my face and I'll mess up yours."
The colour drained from Deak's face momentarily, before he and his companion burst out laughing.
"Sure thing doll, just follow me."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
ASL/SGT kaMi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 9, 2004 6:38:56 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Novice

Giovanni Bryden

Post Number:  45
November 10, 2004 6:06:30 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni put the spoon down and laid back. An applause slowly built up. He was one of the group, and all it took was a bowl of nuna soup, and the sacrifice of his stomach lining.

He gulped down another glass of corellian ale, and sat back, content. I could get used to this...He thought.Minus the nuna soup that is...

"Pretty good, no?" Said TK. Gio simply smiled and said, "Yeah, but i think it needs a little more salt." TK tasted some of the soup, stared into the green and brown liquid, and shrugged. "To each his own," he exclaimed. "Indeed," said gio, and he got up on his feet and called for a toast.

"I may not know all of you, and not all of you might know me, but one things for sure. I am one of the luckiest men in the galaxy, to be assigned to the Dark Dragoons with such a fine group of imperial men and woman." Gio looked around for Kami, to no avail. "Heres to the Imperial army, and most importantly, the Best damn group of men this place has. The dark dragoons." Giovanni held up a glass, and watched everyone in the bar put up their glass and scream and yell in acceptance.

Nice People, he thought.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  132
November 10, 2004 6:23:20 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Where...where, Coruscant?  No...have we...have we gone back... Anubis told himself as he floated in the bacta tank.  This was his second treatment since returning to VE Space.

Anubis was not in the greatest of shape, but he had gone through worse before, though not much worse.  The blaster burn to his back had been very severe, having taken off a good amount of skin and burning some of his back muscles.  Even with bacta, it would sting for several weeks, not to mention be difficult to move.

"Well, at least he is stable...oh wait a second, he has regained consciousness.  Corporal, corporal can you hear me?"  The medical officer was trying to get Anubis' attention from outside.  With a weak wave, Anubis signalled he heard the officer.  There were several figures outside the tank other than the officer, but Anubis' vision was blurry at the moment and he couldn't recognize any of them.

After several minutes, Anubis was removed from the tank.  Inspection proved that much of the outer damage was healed, but that the internal damage was still there to a point.  After a few more examinations, the med officer allowed Anubis to get up.  While a bit unstable, Anubis was able to gain his balance, and slowly begin walking around.

That was when he finally noticed the other figures, Argon, Mandor, and a few of the new inductees into Wraith were there.  "Hi guys, I really need to learn how not to get shot...don't I?"

The others nodded.  Anubis knew that his skills needed much improvement, maybe even more than just regular training.  But that would have to wait.  Anubis took the time to head to the cafe to grab a bite to eat.  He was starved, having not eaten since before the mission, which was almost a day ago.  After finishing his meal, Anubis decided it was time to take a nice, peaceful sleep.

After a short walk and turbolift ride, Anubis was finally able to sleep.  Little did he know that his dreams would only remind him of past and future demons.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  232
November 10, 2004 9:33:02 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Another shot glass hit the table as Zafo drank to Giovanni's toast. After Zafo and the rest of the bar had settled down, Zafo leaned over to Gio

"You know, my friend...that was, was, was CRAZY. That's it, Crazy man. You were all like "Yea Dragoons!" and we are like Dragoons, ya know, so it was pretty damn cool!"

"Well I'm truly glad to be aboard" Gio answered, looking at Zafo a bit strangely

Zafo rambled on to Gio about the few adventures he had with the Dragoons. The things Zafo was saying didn't make much sense to anyone but himself, but Gio listened regardless. He flinched, nodded and laughed at various points which motivated Zafo to keep on talking. By the end of Zafo's rambling Gio seemed incredibly eager to go into the battle alongside the Dragoons.

"What a wonderful story, Zafo" Rema commented, with a grin spread across his face "Only I don't remember half those things happening"

Zafo turned to Gio and said "Don't listen to him man, he must be drunk"

Afyon, TK and Rema began recounting missions long over. Zafo's head swayed back and forth as he tried to concentrate on listening. The room was slowly spinning and he was getting very easily distracted. In the midst of his looking around he heard his name and snapped back to attention.

"Who knows how many times he almost went overboard on our way back" Rema said laughing "I Don't get it though, I was driving soo well"

The whole squad laughed. Many comical situations were brought up and laughed at all through the night.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited November 10, 2004 9:35:28 PM)]
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  408
November 11, 2004 5:47:17 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Deak held up a small, dusty mirror, "There, some of me best work."

Kami felt her heart skip a beat.
Her scar was gone... replaced by a beautifully sculpted tattoo.

"Brings out the colour of your eyes doll," Deak drawled, adding a sleazy wink for good measure.
Ferris, Deak's older companion, nodded his agreement from where he was lying in the corner of the smoke filled cabin, "Looking good."

Kami lowered the mirror, then flashed Deak a smile "Sorry for doubting you."
Deak shrugged, "You're not the first sweetheart, and I doubt you'll be the last. Just let any admirer's know who the man is, and I'll call us even"

Kami nodded, then pushed back the flap of the cabin, stepping out into the cold night air
"Take care of yourself," she told them, folding her arms about her for warmth, "Things are heating up out there."
Ferris patted the butt of his rifle, "Don't you worry bout us Corporal. We've got our backs covered."

Kami laughed at the disgruntled expression on Deak's face, then turned to begin the long trek back to the harbor and her no doubt drunken squad mates...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 11, 2004 6:00:02 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1612
Total Posts:  2689
November 11, 2004 10:49:43 AM    View the profile of Fury 
The old major rode up on his trusty subataar.  Covered in dust from making the long circuit of the Imperial/Clone front lines, he came in with the setting sun at his back. Donned in his clone trooper armor and covered with a ratty cloth cape and his ever-present floppy hat, cigarra clenched in his teeth, he was the very sight of....

"You know you look ridiculous, right?" Fury noted as he went back to cleaning out his rifle. 

The major stepped down.  "Hey, when you look like pretty much everyone else you know, some variety is a good thing.  It took us years to figure that out.  Besides, you're the oddball these days."  He had brought Fury his red stormtrooper armor when the main clone force had come up.  That and one of the few DC-17 rifles in the clone's armory; a fine a gift as any.

"Fair enough.  Let me ask you something; how exactly old are you guys?"

The major mulled it over.  "Well, the original clones aged at about two and a half times the birthed human amount.  They had gotten that down to a factor of 1.9 when we were decanted.  I guess, if I'm 33 as we all think we are, we're about 63 physically."

"You're pretty damn spry for being that old."

"It's the systems that are old, not the tissue.  That, and we haven't seen daily combat in over 12 years.  That helps a lot."

Fury grimaced a bit.  "Yeah, tell me about it.  When I was constantly in the field, I was always nursing a bruised rib or something from a blaster hit or being tossed about by explosives."

The major only nodded.  "The armor works, but only so well.  Anyway, everyone is in place, even your savage local Imperials. We should figure out what to do next."

"Agreed.  Thanks to you, the enemy is on the run in various locations.  We have the capital yet to take and a lot of small installations.  Basically, we're just left fighting the hard emplacements and grinding the enemy down until they are forced to surrender.  We have them outgunned and outmatched across the board.

"Most of their air power is eliminated.  Their forward bases are gone. We can move faster than they can.  We haven't had a pitched battle in days.  I imagine some of their bases and captured cities will be a pain, but effectively, they are done as a set-place army."

"That still doesn't tell us what to do."

"I have a couple ideas," Fury noted as he pulled up a holoprojection of the local islands.

[OOC] As usual, I've been asking for...and not receiving... status updates from each squad leader.  Please do so now as I do not want to beat this story into the ground any more than we have to.  Where you are, what you are doing, what's left.  ASAP please. [/OOC]
  -----------------------
PRF/HG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited November 11, 2004 10:51:00 AM)]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  133
November 14, 2004 2:46:17 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Is that...home?  Yes, yes it must be home

Anubis walked slowly towards the small building that was his home until joining the Vast Empire.  As he entered the small building he noted its run-down condition.  Lights were broken or flickering, several small creatures had built nests throughout the home, and it had a very dank smell.

As he walked into what was his room, he saw a dark figure there.  Drawing his blaster, he went towards it.  "Alright you, who are you and what are you doing in my home."

The figure failed to respond.  Anubis put the blaster to the figures head.  "Answer me now before I blow your brains into mush."  Anubis demanded, but then the figure vanished.

Anubis was taken by complete surprise...then he heard something behind him.  He slowly turned, to see a dark figure, taller than the last.  Something came up, and was going to strike Anubis.  He put his arms up in a vain effort to block it.  It came down and...

"Ahh!" Anubis woke up.  "What the...I'm, I'm.  Oh, that must have been a dream...man I hate my dreams."  Anubis got up, put on some clothing, and went about walking around the star destroyer.

Why did I dream about home...I mean, of all the things.  Perhaps its a sign that I should return home.

Anubis felt better than he did before his sleep, but now had an internal conflict.  He felt drawn to return to Corellia, but could Wraith afford it?  There was also the lingering feeling that something on Corellia wasn't right, that he could in fact be walking into something he didn't want.  Either way, Anubis knew that Corellia was calling to him, and that a return home would be needed soon.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1617
November 14, 2004 3:32:03 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury blinked twice into the upper left corner of his helmet and zeroed in on the village ahead of him.  Another series of blinks brought up a thermal display.

"That's a whole mess of enemy, Haden," he said to the clone Major.

The major had the good sense to put his helmet on in a combat zone, but still wore the cape over his armor; which, given the gleaming white with officer's stripes obvious to all, wasn't a bad idea.  Other clones had adapted a similar cloth covering to help them blend in a bit more.  Fury was considering the same plan given an opportunity to disguise the blood red tint of his armor a bit.

"Indeed.  They seem to have artillery in abundance as well.  We made the mistake of herding two regiments into the same valley, not knowing they had pre-positioned this location for a fallback objective.  Even if we brought in all the Imperials nearby, we'd still be outnumbered 3-to-1.  Any plans?"

Fury pondered.  "They aren't planning to break out.  They don't have anywhere else to go without being in the open.  We can't sit here and starve them out.  We can't bring fighters or walkers to bear without them being picked off by their heavy weapons.

"Alright, we do this with firepower and ugly tricks.  Grab your best troopers and we split into four man fire teams.  We walk in smoke from the artillery and send in a wave of AT-TEs and whatever the regular Imperials have.  They establish a defillade near the village edge.  Engineers can sneak up and work on that tonight. 

"After the smoke, the enemy should come out and get ready for us. That's when we lay some some chemical weapons and choking gas and take out some of their number.  Their main advantage is their numbers.  Let's make that a liability as well.

"After that, some more smoke and we move in.  We start taking out forward artillery and anti-tank emplacements, slog through their numbers and begin to take the place.  They've got an elaborate trench system but not a lot of hardened emplacements.  If we move fast, we'll hurt them bad."

Haden mulled over the holographic sandtable they had been using.  He looked up with a purpose. "Just for fun, let's send sappers and scouts in tonight along with some headhunters.  Ought to keep the heat off the engineers if nothing else.  Let's get the rest of the command in on this.  Like you said, there's no use trying to wait them out."

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  812
Total Posts:  981
November 16, 2004 6:21:17 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon leaned back in his seat in the corner of the bar.  He finished his drink and let out a long sigh.  He was in pain and utterly exhausted from the island campaign.  He knew he shouldn't be so tired, the rest of the squad seemed to be happy and energetic.  He was slightly older than them but not by much, certainly not old enough for his age to be the cause of his fatigue.  He rubbed his shoulder which while healing, still was sore and stiff.  He ordered another drink and enjoyed it slowly while in deep thought.  He thought back to the hill at sunset and sunrise, the shear beauty of the surroundings.  It was when he was there that he felt happy and energetic, there was something about that spot that put him at peace.  Ever since he started having his absurd nightmares, Afyon had been unable to sleep.  Now thinking back on it, he couldn't recall getting one good nights sleep since the campaign began.  He shrugged off the thought and downed his drink, thinking again about the peace of the hill top.

A moment later, he was jolted back to reality when his commlink beeped.  Fury had sent instructions to one of the Imperial officers at the base and he had just relayed them to Afyon.  The squad was to assemble for another mission, this entire right into the heart of the rebel controlled city.  Afyon got up slowly, his ankle protested at first but then he stood straight and walked over to the squad.  The medical facility was seriously low on supplies so other than disinfecting injuries, they were treating only the most serious cases.  Afyon rallied the squad and brought them into a small room off the main section of the bar.  There he began to give the mission overview.

"Alright sorry to break up your party but we have to suit up immediately for another mission.  We have been ordered to punch a hole in a rebel held neighbourhood in the city.  We will taking 2 old AT-STs and 3 landspeeders to do this job.  Two of the landspeeders have heavy laser cannons, the last one has less weapons but is very well armoured and will be our supply speeder.  We will be going heavy so in the next two hours, gather all of your gear from the ship and all the ammunition you can find.  We brought most of the captured rebel equipment with us, most of that will be loaded in our supply speeder.  Now the assignments you can work amongst yourselves, for sure we need a driver for all five vehicles and then your choice of gunners for the landspeeders or the AT-STs.  Should we lose the AT-STs, we will fight using the speeders and what gear we have."  Afyon said.

"What kind of equipment will the rebs have?"  Sam asked.

"Landspeeders, smaller rebel tanks, and titans."  Afyon replied.  There was a chorus of moans.  The titan packed a powerful punch.  "If we need to abandon the AT-STs, we will resort to guerilla tactics, taking the rebel ground troops and whatever vehicles we can, vehicle by vehicle if need be.  This part of the city has been badly pounded by artillery so there will be plenty of places for both us and the enemy to hide.  Our biggest challenge will be getting into the area, once inside we have as good a chance as they do.  Any questions?"  Afyon looked around.  "Alright get your gear assembled, we rendezvous in the motorpool in two hours.  Load a pack to carry with you with plenty of ammunition.  The rest will be loaded into the speeders for quick access.  Also bring the water and rations we stole.  I am going to try and steal some medical gear and whatever else of use that I can find."  Afyon ordered.  He dismissed the squad and made for the ship to gather his gear.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  417
November 16, 2004 7:35:30 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami walked up to the bar door, only to find her squad leaving, excited expressions on half sober faces.
"Hey, Ka..." TK skidded to a halt, Gio slamming into him from behind.
"Ow...what the..." Gio's sentence trailed off as his eyes ran along Kami's tattoo, "Wow...that's new..."

Kami flushed under the attention "What's the news?"
Her squad continued to stare at her, until Afyon blinked, and cleared his throat, "We just got new orders. We're city bound with two AT-ST's and a couple of speeders."
Kami felt a grimace tug at the corners of her mouth "Sounds  like easy work..."
Afyon grinned, "Should be interesting."
Turning to his frozen squad, Afyon rose his voice, "Keep moving! You've got two hours!"

The Dragoons started into action, Zafo collapsing onto Kami as he wobbled forwards
"Kami!" He drawled, the stench of whiskey on his breath causing Kami to recoil, "Yous...you still..."
He stumbled, almost collapsing to the dirt, then burst out laughing, "Wooo, that was a close one."
Kami slid an arm under his shoulder, shooting a look of distress at Sam as Zafo's dead weight threatened to pull her down as well, "Help."
Sam grabbed Zafo from the other side, helping to prop his feet back under him. "I'm not sure he should be piloting anything for a while..." He murmured, as Zafo let out another burst of maniac laughter.

Zafo took enough of a break from laughing to look offended, before he doubled over at Kami's feet.
Kami groaned "Dammit Zaf...I just shined those boots."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited November 16, 2004 7:44:48 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  239
November 16, 2004 9:09:43 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo didn't know how long he had been trying to decide between multiple E-11s, nor could he remember how he had got back to the small room containing his belongings. He remembered being helped by Kami and Sam and something about Kami's boots, and the upcoming mission. Everything else had drifted to an inaccessible part of his memory.

Zafo looked down at his pack, already containing plenty of ammo, ration packs, grenades and a few other random things that might come in use. He looked back up at his rifles and couldn't choose between his standard E-11, Marksman E-11 or Heavy E-11. Zafo took a long look at his open pack. He re-arranged a few items, took out some random things, he deemed he would probably not need.

"Yes!" Zafo exclaimed, looking down at his pack "I can bring all 3 gunses! I like my gunses. They go "pow-pow!" and protect me from the bad guys" Zafo didn't seem to notice that he was alone, but he went on blabbering anyways.

Zafo placed his Marksman E-11 and a few grenades in very easily accessible parts of his pack and closed it up. He looked around the room and fixed his gaze on the clock. After a minute of looking at it, he focused on the glowing red numbers.

Even though he still had 45 minutes left until the squad was to meet at the motorpool, Zafo decided to head on out. When he stood up from his seat on the floor, the whole room rocked to one side and he fell right back down.

"Woa there" Zafo chuckled. He made a second attempt to get up, rising much slower than the last time. When he felt he had established his balance, he walked over to his closet and pulled out his armour. He struggled slightly to put it on, falling now and then. Within 10 minutes, he was all clad. His armour had been polished, although Zafo could not remember doing it. Then scorch marks, except for a few minor ones, had been removed, and most dents were somehow fixed. Zafo brought his pack over his shoulders. The sudden weight nearly threw him off balance, but he regained it before he would have toppled to the ground.

Zafo walked around the room a couple of times before deciding to head out towards the gathering point. When he was comfortable with walking, he placed his helmet under his arm and headed out to face danger, once again.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
Sandwich Sam
ComNet n00b

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  794
November 18, 2004 6:02:36 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    After tossing ZaFo into his bunk and making sure he didn't have imediate access to any of his weapons, Sam headed off to go and pack his stuff.
    He opened his pack and placed in his E-11 blaster and plenty of ammo. He shuffled all his gear in his bag tring to fit his DLT-20 Light Repeating Blaster into it. It didn't quite work, the barrel of the weapon was still hanging out the top of the pack.
    "Sigh, maybe I don't need to bring it anyhow," Sam thought to himself, "Or maybe I could strap it on to the pack instead of putting it in side it."
    With that Sam opened a cabinet and pulled out some rope. He fastened the blaster to the outside of his pack. Sam took a step back and admired his clever way of bring along an extra weapon.
    "Anything else I need?" Sam asked himself aloud. "I guess I should bring some grenades, Not too sure how well they will be used but it can't hurt to have any extra nukage."
    Sam strapped on two banoliers of grenades. He then put on his armor and holstered his Scout Blaster Pistol at his side and headed out the door, looking like some kinda Rambo wanna be.

-----------------------
TRP/LCP Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Novice

Giovanni Bryden

Post Number:  64
November 18, 2004 6:10:04 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Gio followed the other dragoons out of the bar and random thoughts began to cloud his mind. He thought of everything. His friends, his enemies. His childhood, the dragoons.

Fine with me...Whatever gets my mind off my first mission, He thought. He looked down at his hands. They had gone from light brown, to almost white. They were trembling uncontrollably.

Walking past some dragoons, he could immediately tell the rookies from the veterans. The newer ones were hustling for their things, dropping supplies here and there, and bumping into others. The grizzled veterans just walked on normally. They had been through these situations before, and they just saw it as part of the job.

Giovanni wasnt exactly hurrying, but it wasnt because he didnt feel a sense of urgency in the air. His legs didnt respond, but his Brain kept sayingGO GO GO!

Before he could reach for his keycard the door to his room slid open. Zafo stumbled out. "Man... This isnt the restroom," he slurred. Giovanni stepped aside and then entered. The door slid to a close behind his back, and there was only silence.

25 Minutes till Deployment

He spread out his undergarments on one side of the bed. On the other, his armor; The thin line between life and death. His armor glowed ominously.

15 Minutes till Deployment

He gathered the few supplies he had acquired since his arrival and put them in a duffel bag. In the bag were a few grenades, some extra ammunitions, an E-11 Blaster rifle, a "Modified" Blaster Pistol he had stolen from a old friend. In the side pocket of his bag, wrapped in a shirt for protection, was a holopad.

5 Minutes till Deployment

He put on his armor, saddled up, and left the room. His chest pumped out, and with a helmet under his right arm, he made his way towards the motor pool.

He set his bag down near a box of supplies, and put on his helmet. He looked down at his hand. It wasnt shaking anymore

I was born for this

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  635
November 18, 2004 7:33:46 PM    View the profile of Squall 
    Squall snapped his head as the speeder flashed by.  He grew intense for action, but realized that nothing was happening.  He shined off his shotgun that he found in the raid, and kept it close to his side.

"Lets go get those AA site takin out boys," Rizz commanded.  "Squall, you get with Snipes, and Virius, the rest of you come with me."

Squall followed his command, and followed his two fellow squadmates.  The other team split off in another direction, to take out the AA placement from the right, while Snipes, Virius, and Squall would take out any rebels in the area, and come in from the left.

As the AA placement came into sight, a troop carrier took off from the station.  Snipes took aim, and let of 3 shots from his rifle, dropping 3 different soldiers.

Snipes picked up his com and signaled Rizz.  "Sentries down, you guys are clear to move in, we'll cover from the left side"

Squall looked more towards the right to see Rizz and the rest move in.  Rizz lifted up his hand to signal clear, so they moved in.

Upon arrival at the AA site, Squall looked around.  Nothing too serious going on.

"Hey Squall," Snipes said.  "Why don't ya place a satchel on that AA.

"Yes Sir," Squall replied.  Squall walked over to the back end of the AA gun, and inserted the satchel on the back.  The whole squad made their way away from the AA gun, and took cover.  Squall took his detonator in his right hand.

"Here we go guys," Squall said excitedly.

He pushed the little red button, and the explosion rocked the ground.  He looked behind his soldier to see the gun explode into peices.  A smile came upon his face in pride.

-----------------------
Private First Class Squall
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  841
Total Posts:  851
November 18, 2004 10:15:29 PM    View the profile of Virius 
    Seeing that the emplacement was neutralized the team split up into two groups. Rizzit, FlyingKnight, and JR head off to the western area of the city and neurtralize the threats. Snipes, Squall and Lukas went to the eastern part of the city to destroy more AA targets.
    The two teams jumped into their speeders and sped off toward their targets. Knight checked his ammo newly aquired from the armory, looking up he saw the repulsor loader fly past the speeder still with no police units following it. Heh.
    The speeder slowed as JR let off the throttle and they jumped out, the speeder was positioned in an alley next to the small complex that housed the gun emplacement.
    "Hey Knight, you think you can slice the emplacements and alter them or shut them down?" Rizzit said looking around a corner then turning to face him.
    "Yeah I can try if you get me close enough but I can't make any promises, I am still not familiar and I don't have any programs to do this." Knight responded taking out his slicertool and turning it on.
    Rizzit checked the corner again then sprinted for a door to the complex. Knight and JR soon followed shortly after. Pressing the door open on the wall Rizzit saw that it was locked to no surprise.
    "I can fix that." JR said taking out a small breaching charge for electronic locks. Placing the small explosive on the lock JR pushed a small detonator in and turned his head. Rizzit and Knight did the same as the explosive fizzled and opened the door.
    JR and Rizzit rushed in at about the same time finding a desk turned over on its side. "What the hell?" JR said, Rizzit rolled to the side and Knight tossed a grenade behind the barrier and two trandoshan guards jumped over it, the grenade exploded and green goo flew all over the back wall probably from a guard that was too slow. The two guards then fired wildly at Knight and he dropped to one knee and shot one guard in the chest with a triple shot. Rizz then slammed the other guard with his rifle crushing his lizard like skull.
    Knight nodded to Rizzit as JR ran to the nearest door. Pressing the open panel it slid open and JR looked in and saw no other guards. Giving the clear signal the trio did a frog leap type of movement down the corridor from one alcove to the next. Coming to a pair of doors on each side Rizzit put his head up to one and didn't hear a thing.
    "Nothing I can hear, Knight you check the other room with your fiber optic camera while I head off and recon down the hall a little more. JR you cover Knight if he finds a terminal and starts working." Rizzit ordered then headed off down the hall.
    JR stood guard as Knight pulled out his cable and snuck it under the door. Patching the camera into his eyepiece he scanned the room and saw only a few large computer databanks lined in a forcefield. Seeing also after a few seconds a technician walked out from behind one of the databanks checking a datapad. Hmm..You would think he would have heard that explosion.
    Pulling the cable out from under the door Knight signaled that he saw one tech and counted down silently with his fingers. 3...2...1...GO!
    JR slammed the door open panel and it broke making the door slam open and startled the guard inside. JR concentrated on the guard shoving him to the ground and hogtieing him while Knight cleared the room of any other contacts before starting his work on the AA network.
    After tieing up the guard JR closed the door and set in place his own lock to replace the damaged one. Opening up his computer Knight then went for a small monitor built into one of the data towers and stopped looking around for a keyboard. Not finding one he stompted over toward the tech and kicked him in the stomach.
    "Where is the keyboard and access codes to undo the forcefields?" Knight said kicking the man again.
    The man wheezed as he tried to get his wind back, Knight positioned himself for another kick as the tech yelled, "Okay okay...on my datapad, type the code 27a8nk9 and the shields will power down and the keyboard will come out into view."
    Knight typed in the code and the hum of the shields powered down and a keyboard ejected out from under another data tower's monitor.
    "Thats better," Knight said knocking the man out with a blow to the lower neck. Walking over to the keyboard he typed a few keys to face a prompt password screen. Taking out his tool the slicer went to work on the electronic AA sites.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Frank "Virius" Carter
Combat Slicer

Squad Leader - Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Virius/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/UNI Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to earth. And we most definitely regret the corp just blowing up our raggedy-ass fleet."
"Hoorah!"--SGT Johnson and Corp pilots in Halo 2
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  641
November 19, 2004 11:30:01 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi's injuries while not as serious as Anubis' did keep him from moving around too much.  Soon he would be back to full mobility but he was begining to wonder.

Should he?

When was his last victory?

How could he justify the existance of his squad on thier rapidly declining track record?

Noticing another presance in the room Kuroishi lifted his head and turned to face them.

"Well now it seems you've gotten yourself into a pickle.  What now?"  Daishi his otherself said standing near the door.

"I do not know.  I've lost everything I used to believe in.  I have killed civilians, suffered defeat, and because of my audacity I nearly lost a man."  Kuroishi answered.

"No home, no family, and you're not willing to make friends anymore.  With how many have betrayed us I can't blame you though.  The train was not your fault though, it was not listed on any schedule you could find.  So what if you didn't accomplish your propossed mission?  Defeat happens to the best.  Anubis's injuries were bad and I know the kind of loyalty you have to your troops and how much they have toward you.  So scrubbing the mission to take care of them is justified in our books."  Daishi countered.

"Vengance is a poor reason to continue.  Yet it seems to be all I have.  Besides war is no place to contemplate such things."  Kuroishi said as he turned away from his otherself.

"True enough but you must contemplate many things.  You've done a lot in the past while.  Take some R&R.  I'll keep an eye on Wraith for you.  Heck I'm rather reduntant in the Navy right now anyway since I'm getting too old to be a pilot anymore."  Daishi said flatly.

"Thanks."  Kuroishi answered.

Daishi left the room and tapped a message to assemble Wraith squad in thier briefing room into the comm system.

Daishi proceeded there and was greeted by familiar faces.

"It's been a while.  Kuroishi needs some R&R so I'll be keeping an eye on you guys.  Nothing special right now.  No orders from above so we'll just be sitting tight for now.  Unfortunately this is a Star Destroyer not a pleasure cruise or else I'd tell you to let loose and have some of your own R&R.  So make do with what we do have then gentlemen."  Daishi barked.

Daishi knew full well the Veterans of the squad that had been with him since Eridani could tell it was him instead of Kuroishi.  The newer members were probably still a bit disoriented by seeing the same face and hearing the same voice coming from the same man but in a VEN Rear Admiral uniform instead.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Agent of Wierdness
Agent of wierdness
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  635
November 19, 2004 7:51:09 PM    View the profile of Squall 
    The speeder slowed to a stop, and the three of them piled out.  They huddled up, and Lukas held out his hand.

"Ok guys, we have 3 AA placements left.  Lets have a little fun with this.  Squall, you take this placement right here,"  He pointed with his finger on the palm of his hand.  Lukas could create the type of useless jabbering that you only hear when you are in a hurry, but you can still understand it.  He mumbled to himself for a few seconds.  "Ok, I'll take the 3rd AA placement, and Snipes you take the third."

As the three of them scrambled, Snipes couldn't help but run up and break a window of a nearby shop.  Lukas gave him a look, and continued on.

Squall looked around the corner, and saw the AA placment just down the other side of the building, across the river.  Everything seemed still, quiet, and like stone.  As he came to the river, he looked down into the water, and could see his reflection due to how placid it was.  An unsettling feeling filled the silence as he approached the AA placement.  Squall entered the placement, and looked around for a few seconds, and saw a small compartment.  He walked up to it, and smashed it open with his fist.  Bundles of wires sprang out of the small compartment, an assortment of colors.  Squall pulled out his pocket knife, and started slicing a few wires.  He experimented by connecting a few of them, and finding the outcome.  Most of them were conclusive,  but then he attached two different ones.  The whole place started to light up, and Squall stood up.  He sat in the gunnery seat of the AA turret, and grabbed the controls.  He felt power, power he had never felt before, then studdenly his bad started to vibrate.  He quickly jumped out of the seat, and zipped open his bag.  His comlink was lighting up wildly.  He turned it on.

"You about done there yet Squall," Lukas questioned.

"Yea, the place was empty, everything is ok," Squall replied.

"Same results here, I'll let you know if anything happens" said Lukas.

Squall shut the com off, and put it back in the bag.  All of a sudden,  he heard the sound of blaster shots rip into the silence, splintering his calm.  Squall sat there for a second.  "Snipes," he sighed.  Squall slung his bag and supplies over his shoulder, picked up his blaster rifle, and started running...

The cold air whipped around Squall in a frenzy.  The wind was picking up, and the air was becoming cold.  He glanced up at the ominous sky, dark clouds were forming...

Squall picked up the speed as he heard the second volley of blaster fire.  Some windows shattered, and fell to the ground, and he heard a small explosion.  At this point, Squall turned his fast run into a full-out sprint.  Burning all of his energy, he swung around the end of the block, and appeared on a long street.  He looked down the street, tall buildings encompassing the road.  Squall's eyes fell upon a smokestack floating into the air, gentle rolls of black smoke billowing out of the AA gun.  He could see Snipes hiding behind the corner of a building, startled.  Lukas ran up and took cover along with Snipes.  Squall made his way to the two of them.  A couple bolts of blaster fire, ran up the side of the wall...

Snipes held up his hand, and held up two fingers, to signal that there were two guards on the other side.  Lukas pointed to Squall, and told him to move in.  He pointed to himself, and waved his hands, which meant distraction.  Squall nodded his head in understanding, and took off around the building.

Squall peeked around the corner, and saw the two guards alert.  He then heard screams, and yelling from the other side.  There was swearing going on, and he heard some blaster fire.  It had to be the distraction.  The two guards spun around, and looked in the direction of the action.  Squall took aim, and shot at the guards.  He dropped them both simotaniously.

Snipes and Lukas came running around the corner.  They gave Squall a pat on the back.  They made their way back to the speeder, and jumped in.  Just as they were leaving, the com link came on.  It was Rizzit.

-----------------------
Private First Class Squall
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  242
November 20, 2004 8:43:44 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The Dragoons tried to stay out of the way of the many technicians running around the motorpool. Afyon came running in from the far entrance and made his way over to the rest of the squad. He dropped his load of bacta and other various medical equipment. He seemed rather discouraged.

"Everything fine?" Zafo asked as a couple of bacta pads struck his foot.
"Yeah, Yeah" Art muttered "Just had a hell of a hard time getting these things. Alright you guys, follow me"

Everyone picked up their packs, along with a few medical supplies and followed art through the crowds to a quieter corner of the motorpool. There were two technicians running about making some final adjustments on an AT-ST.  When they saw the Dragoons approaching the ran over to Art and spoke incredibly quickly

"The AT-ST had a minor leg malfunction, but It's now working like never before. We added even more armour to your armoured speeder and made a whole bunch of minor adjustments to the rest of your vehicles. Everything is in top shape."

"Thanks you two" Art said nodding his head thankfully
The two technicians smiled at his gratitude then ran off towards the other end of the motorpool.

"Alright, listen up" Art began "The rebel neighbourhood is about 30 kilometres from here. There are no transport ships available to bring us there, nor is it necessary really, its not that far. Anyways, we'll just bring the vehicles there ourselves. Not even 3 kilometres from the rebel controlled area, there is a small refuelling station we will stop at, just so our walkers and speeders can be at their absolute full potential. These seating plans aren't necessarily permanent, but for now It'll be: Me piloting the armoured speeder, Sam Piloting a Walker, Zafo piloting the other, Rema piloting a speeder and TK piloting the other. Kami and Gio, I'd like you two manning the speeder's guns. The walkers don't need gunners on our way there, however once we arrive at the refuelling station, they will be assigned. If there is an emergency, I'm sure our two crewman will be able to man the guns themselves." Art through Zafo and Sam a supporting smile. "The two speeder will go first, simply because they have ready gunners and are faster. I will give you directions to the station via comlink. So load up and get ready to head out."

Each Dragoon walked over to their packs and headed over to the vehicle assigned to them. Zafo clambered up to the cockpit of the AT-ST. He waited from his high spot until he saw the three speeders slowly drifting out of the hangar. Zafo started up the walker, and marched it down the road, to a hopeful victory.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons*
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited November 20, 2004 8:55:05 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Novice

Giovanni Bryden

Post Number:  73
November 20, 2004 10:16:00 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"Bet you a bottle of whiskey I can shoot down more Rebs than you can," said Kami in a relaxed mood, as if she was sure she'd win. "Youre on," Gio said. "...But i gotta warn you, I have the reflexes of a scurrier" he continued with a smile.

Giovanni loaded his things into the Landspeeder and familiarized himself with the vehicle. He sat down on the gunner seat and shot imaginary targets out of the air with his laser cannon. He took his flask of whiskey out of his bag and placed it next to him, where he could reach it easily.

Zafo's AT-ST whisped by him. I wonder how his blood-alcohol Level is, he joked. Zafo might've hit the bottle hard some moments ago, but Giovanni was convinced that he'd do his job to the best of his abilities. Giovanni looked around the motorpool. TK approached the speeder.

Gio nodded. TK did the same. Gio readied himself and put both hands on the gun.

"I hope that Helmet's on tight..." said TK.
Gio looked at him puzzled.

The speeder accelerated tremendously and pushed Gio back into his seat.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  136
November 21, 2004 1:57:57 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis exited the briefing room somewhat confused by what he had just seen.  It took Fish to explain to him about what Daishi was, and to calm any fears Anubis had about seeing 'Kuroishi' in a VEN Read Admiral uniform.

Anubis slowly returned to his quarters.  Pain was beginning to return to his back.  When he arrived, he layed onto his side to avoid brushing up against the wound.  While much of it had healed externally, there still remained a good internal injury.

After several minutes of continued pain, Anubis decided to make a trip to the med bay.  After several examinations and injections, Anubis felt a little better.  The pain inhibitors injected into his back would numb the pain, but also make moving his back difficult.

After spending some time contemplating on what to do next, Anubis decided it would be wise if he rested again.  Returning to his quarters and his cot, Anubis began to rest, to hopefully ease his pain and worry.

Enter the realm of Dreams

Who are you? Anubis spoke to the figure that had entered his dream.  Anubis took a few steps back, then took out his blaster and aimed it at the dark figure.  The figure ignored this, and came closer... Stand back, stand back or I'll fire! Anubis warned.  However, the figure walked closer, and closer.

Anubis aimed and fired.  The figure kept coming, and Anubis continued firing.  Fear entered Anubis, seeing that the figure wouldn't go down.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

-----------------------
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1627
November 21, 2004 2:58:17 PM    View the profile of Fury 
It had been a long week of rooting out New Republic soldiers house to house, basement to basement, from one pile of rubble to another.  The clones had performed in examplary fashion, the local Imperials not so much so.

Fury sat around a fire away from the lines, going over things with Haden and some of his unit commanders.  They were basically venting their frustrations at the recent situations. Fury was nursing a couple cracked ribs and assessing the damage to his armor.  While heavily pitted in places, it had more than held up to repeated hits by blaster fire.  He, however, had not done as well and has the bruises to show for it.

"They're still doing it ya know." said one of the clone lieutenants.  "My men won't fight with such savages," followed another. 

Haden looked at Fury, "What the hell are you going to do about it?"

Fury looked up.  "Short term, bad news for all of us.  We're going to have the capital.  They can't be allowed to do this to unarmed civilian populations.  Here at least, everyone has been able to grab a weapon when our 'allies' get bloodthirsty.

"The good news on that is with your added input comes a greater share of control of this rock when it is complete.  I will also see about getting some colonists in here to balance the equation.  Long range, we grab every child on this rock for medical and educational purposes, leaving you to deal with the adults.  We've got to put a stop to this barbarism or we'll be back to the Palpatine model of rule in no time."

Some more discussion followed.  Fury got up, armor reassembled, and proceeded to the prisoner compound.  Clones, and clones only, now guarded it, looking for more outside threats than those of escaping prisoners.  With the local Imperials on a "kill every enemy" imperative, the war had taken a dirty, nasty, dangerous turn. 

With a couple species of the New Republic's forces composed of those lacking liveable homeworlds, the taint of genocide could easily be put on the Vast Empire's heads if the locals were allowed to kill without restriction.  Already he had executed a few "allies" who attempted to kill prisoners.  He suspected his work was not done yet.

-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:00:32 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 139  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >