Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > The Lounge > What a hilarious nostalgia trip this is

Author
Topic:  What a hilarious nostalgia trip this is Post New Topic  |  Post Reply
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  461
Total Posts:  461
  What a hilarious nostalgia trip this is
December 18, 2020 08:22:31 AM     View the profile of Urakai 
Love you all.

This is hilarious.

Love looking at this nerd stuff we all invested in back in the day.

What a fun and strange time to be so wrapped up in silly writing for star wars fan fiction.

I just watched The Mandalorian final episode of season 2, and when Luke showed up... I can't believe I was in middle school when I found this place. Now I found myself nearing 30, with two kids and a steady job, and this place was my only fix of post ROTJ star wars that somehow I could be a part of.

What a crazy thing the internet is. I will remember this place fondly with my various accounts, silly OOC dramas, and good old fashion star wars fantasy fun.

If anyone sees this, know we all had a fun time playing star wars together. The writing was always secondary, the community of avid star wars nerds was the number 1 draw, and we all loved it.
Sergeant First Class Urakai
Wraith

TRP/SGT1C Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][RoM][SoHe-P][DoH][CotE]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited December 18, 2020 08:24:00 AM )]
Kadann
ComNet Emperor

Kadann

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Master
[VE-VEHC] Supreme Moff

Post Number:  2361
Total Posts:  2361
  RE: What a hilarious nostalgia trip this is
December 25, 2020 02:11:09 AM     View the profile of Kadann 
Cheers! 
Supreme Moff Kadann, Dark Lord
Head of the Vast Empire High Council
HHC/SM Kadann/HC-1/mSSD Atrus {EE}{MoH}{TT}{SY4}
Weir
ComNet Novice

Weir

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  32
Total Posts:  32
December 26, 2020 03:52:38 AM     View the profile of Weir 
Truly it is. I remember joining Vast Empire over a decade ago when I was around 12-13 years old and just beginning to get into the world of roleplay. Found some old posts, my old wiki character profiles, and definitely cringed at how bad I was!

Thankfully I've managed to grow quite a bit since then, but still remember this place fondly.
FM/SCRW Weir Martin/B-4/S:153 "Rhegent's Reign"/W:58 "Javelin Wing"/VSD Dead Gun/TF:R/2FL/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA]
Hassar
ComNet Cadet

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  224
Total Posts:  224
January 3, 2021 09:37:58 AM     View the profile of Hassar 
Hey guys! A nostalgia trip indeed!

I remember my friend introduced me to VE in middle school and now (I can't believe) I'm approaching my 30s as well. I had a lot of fun roleplaying here and this site lives rent-free in a cozy place in my brain.

I never really lost my passion for writing though, and after quitting Facebook earlier this year, I finally started my own blog.

I actually just wrote an article going down memory lane about a space pirate game in the early 2000's I want to re-create and I just so happened to check back in here to see how things were going.

You can check out my blog post here.

Anyway, I hope to see some more old faces trickle in because I would love to get a story going again.

Cheers!
PVT Kyrus Hassar
TRP | PVT Kyrus Hassar | 2SQD | 1PLT | 1COM | 1BAT | 1RGT | Tadath | VEA | VE [SRP] Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Echelon
ComNet Member

Echelon

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  546
Total Posts:  546
January 6, 2021 10:47:49 AM     View the profile of Echelon 
I randomly thought of this today and decided to see if the website was still up. Such great memories and friendships were had here!

SCAP/WO2 Rhycus 'Echelon' Bandoran/CR90 Stonewall/TF:A/2Flt/VEN/VE

CNT/WO2 Rhycus 'Echelon' Bandoran/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA] [NAR] [CAR] [MC2] [BWC] [HNS] [MC1] [SWC] [1NS] [LoM] [VC:B] [CC:F]
[=*ENG*=] {VehM} {SfrM} {HypM} {Astr} {LogS} {Shut} {Gunn} (*SCFE*)

Naval High Command

MVP of Out of the Invisible

Gunnay
ComNet Member

Gunnay

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  318
Total Posts:  318
February 22, 2021 12:51:17 PM     View the profile of Gunnay 
It really is a trip. I joined for the first time maybe in April 2001 or 2002 and got booted out a few months later for the first time. It's funny going back and reading some of the things that 12-14 year old me wrote 20 years ago.

Also crazy seeing some people's profiles who haven't been active in 10-15+ years and I associate with VE, and people I've never seen that are nostalgic about it.

It's nice that Kadann keeps this up, all the other groups I took part in or associated with (FES, SV, GE, the venerable TRIC - ha - etc) have mostly gone away...
ComNet > Neutral Messages > The Lounge > What a hilarious nostalgia trip this is  |  New Posts     Post New Topic  |  Post Reply

All times are EST. The time now is 04:26:15 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 256  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >