Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   
Author
Topic:  Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
  RE: Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming..
June 6, 2002 2:53:57 PM    View the profile of TJ 
(OOC: Actually Jubei...if you'll read my last post I used the force in a little thing against Patrick...Anyways) As the Raiders emerged from the sabotaged sim, Rizzit allowed them a few minutes to go and clean up before they started up again. Realizing that he would have lots of time to clean up, before he needed to get back, TJ decided to give the Dread Knights a slight setback to their prank. Heading for the bar, TJ concetrated withthe force to keep the smell from creeping in. When he arrived, as he expected they were all around the table celebrating. 'Perfect,' TJ thought to himself, while approaching the table. "I must say guys, great prank," the Raider commented as he rubbed his gut covered hands on their backs, shoulders and necks. "Though, you didn't think you could get out that easily." With that, TJ turned and began to leave...but not before balling up his stinking shirt and tossed it into the middle of the group, watching the ball unravel and the guts and grease go flying all over the Dread Knights. 'And it ain't over yet,' TJ thought to himself with a chuckle as he exited the bar, making sure to seal them nice and tight inside. "Smells gotta get to them sooner or later."

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
LoS/SG TJ/Eagle Sect/Sith//VE
(Rear Admiral PJ)
*Joined December, 1999*
D-13
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  545
Total Posts:  688
June 6, 2002 3:19:55 PM    View the profile of D-13 
After a nice shower, D-13 sat on his bunk, looking at a book/manual over and over. Checking his gear over and over, Dee decided to add a little flavor to his armament and tossed in every piece of weaponry he had. The stuff didn't seem to fit on the armor at the same time, so he decided to attach some pouches and pockets. Putting on his helmet, he contacted Otto. "Otto, are you there?" "Loud and clear, kid, what's up?" "I've just studied this little tactical skills guide and I think we should use CT tactics. It'll help us accomplish our mission better. Both on Geonosis and the actual mission." "Yeah, whatever" He headed back into the other sims to practice his strategy. The room turned into the armory that was gonna be his objective. His virtual squad was already lined up at the building. "This is gonna rock" "Ok, entry 2." The pretend men silently opened the door and slipped inside, 2 men at a time. "Check your field of fire", one man said. Dee made the signal to halt. He looked at his watch, 1 hour until Raider sim time. He spotted a rebel soldier making his route through the building. The corporal flung his throwing knives and killed the man without any trouble. Another member of the training squad dragged the corpse outta the way. He crept up the stairs into the assigned room with no resistance. "Watch your left." The 4th man in the squad pointed to a peculiar looking box and opened it. He took out the heavy blaster cannon and positioned it to the door. A rebel trooper peeked in and was dragged to the floor. Dee taped his mouth and stabbed him horribly in the throat. The men opened the window and flung the corpse outta there. A camera watched them intently and the alarm suddenly sounded. "Come on drill squad, where are you?", muttered Dee About 200 rebel troopers arrived, only to run into heavy fire from the pretend Raiders. A man groaned and collapsed to the ground, bleeding profusely. "Come on, come on" "This is Drill squad, we've finished our tunnel.", the radio said. "Mission Over" the sim computer said. Dee let out a sigh of relief. The room turned back into the sim room. He left the room, feeling ready to take on the mission, which was good, because it was almost time to head back into the Raider's sim.   ----------------------- TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited June 6, 2002 3:31:27 PM)]
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  84
June 6, 2002 7:11:57 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
      Patrick was in his quarters packing his things. He didn't have time for simming or anything like that. After he had all his necesities packed he went to Argon and told him "Vipes I am gonna go think for a little bit away from all these people I will be back 12 hours before mission start." "Allright," said Argon. "Just make sure u get back before then. I don't want to leave u behind."             Patrick walked down the stairs and went out of the cave into the forest and found him a good spot and just sat there and watched the trees blow in the wind..

-----------------------
TRP/SGT./PaTrIcK/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Member of the Dread Knight Squad.
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

June 6, 2002 7:12:09 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
Oopz..
[This message has been edited by PaTrIcK (edited June 6, 2002 7:13:13 PM)]
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
June 6, 2002 7:57:24 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho woke up to the smell of rotting guts...the last thing he remembered was falling off the chair onto the floor, and now the sweet smell of wasted edible fish forced its way into his nostrils. Not that he didn't like the smell--he was used to using it as a way of camouflage, and in a weird way had gotten to be comfortable around it. "What happened?" Argon replied, "TJ tried to get us back by rubbing rotting guts all over our backs. At first we thought he was coming out of the closet. Then we smelt the stuff. Smells like a good homemade meal. As much as it reminds us of the good old times, we still have to get him back. You interested?" "As always," Tycho replied. He went back to his room and encrypted the door with an encryption that no one else took, and one that it would take him at least ten minutes to undo. He covered all sensors with the appropriate things...infra-red with heat packs, visual sensors with a black towel, etc. He then began typing into the console, secretly adding a program that would run whenever a Raider was in simulation training. ---An Hour Later--- He reported to Argon, "Phase I of Operation Anxiety has been completed. I'm sure that you guys are ready to do your part, eh?" Argon gave a fanged smile, "Lets not worry about trivial things like if we're ready or not...lets take care of business." "You got it, boss." And with that, Tycho took two small lizards and placed them in his pocket and secured them. "How's this?" "I can't feel you or your thoughts anymore. Please give the rest to me, I know what to do with it," he said with a wink. "Pick up your orders for the upcoming mission in the conference room." "Yessir," Tycho handed them over and quickly walked to the conference room to pick up his orders that Argon had left for him there.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Tycho Celchu

Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
June 6, 2002 8:02:22 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Dee, the mission had not even started yet. How could the Drill Squad have finished their tunnel?

-----------------------
Sargeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 6, 2002 9:53:16 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
(( OOC: *Lukas looks at Dee and Smiles* Yeah, Us Drill Sqaud Memebers haven't even started drillin yet! *Laughs and then grins*))

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
TRP/PFC Lukas Yuy/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
June 6, 2002 10:55:26 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
OOC: rizz, it was only a sim) Jubei emerged abruptly from the sim, and discovered that the DK had tampered with it. "guess thats over Rizz" Jubei said. "Yeah, some heads will role for this one" his SL replied.

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi
Raiders Sqaud: Army of the Vast Empire
Master of the "Way of the Juu"
TRP/SGT Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity."  -MDM
"Die on your feet, not on your knees" -IH motto (can't leave the old squad behind)
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 6, 2002 11:20:14 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OOC: What a retarted post... Blades of grass turning Sh into Gungans?? Gimme a break! Shadow and Jed both made their way toward what seemed to be, an ambassador meeting place.  Donning their ambassador suits, the entered the building with an air of confidence. "How may I help you?" a small, odd-looking droid asked them. "Yes, we are the ambassadors from Thyferra.  We're here for the ambassador meeting."  Shadow replied. "Yes of course, right this way." "Hey, Shad, do ya think we'll recognize this bounty hunter if we see him?" Jed whispered. "I'm not sure...hopefully he won't be hard to spot." The3Djedi nodded. Walking into a large room, the hovering droid introduced them. "Please welcome Shadow and the3Djedi!" *clapping* The droid led them to a small hover-platform, which they boarded, then floated to their position. Shadow leaned over, "Hey, that could be him." "Hmm...Looks like a bounty hunter if I've ever seen one..."  the3Djedi replied. "Yeah, that red Mandalorian armor is a nice touch." "Ambassadors of Thyferra, welcome." A chancellor greeted them.  The both bowed. "We are here at this momen to discuss...BOOM!!!  A huge explosion rattled from the other side of the gigantic room.  Hover-crafts flew across the room, some exploding as they hit walls. Shadow!!!  We hafta get outa here!! NOW!!" the3Djedi shouted. "I know!" he replied. "Follow me!" In thwe backround, a red armored person jet-packed upward, a gun trained on them...

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 7, 2002 8:41:47 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Okay, you all have your orders. I expect you all to carry them out. I would appreciate it if no one would post on any one elses path. IE: Don't post on `TJ or my path if you are not with us. Rizzit pulled everyone out of the sim that was in the sim and gathered them together. He knew this was a disappointment to some people, but it had to be done. Once again they formed a semi-circle around Rizzit. "Good morning troops. I trust you are well-rested and prepared for today. No more sims, we are heading out to the mission. The Dread Knights have provided us with a speeder. Well, actually we're sharing one with them and the Drill Squad I think. I do know we are awaiting it's arrival so we shall be patient. Or try to be at least."said Rizzit "Small problem." said Dee. "Ya?" "We need to get our equiptment ready." "Well, not all of us. Most of us came prepared. I thank you for that.  Dee and company, I am giving you five minutes to get what you need." The few forgetful Raiders nodded their heads and went to their quarters to pack as quick as they could.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
June 7, 2002 9:18:25 AM    View the profile of Shadow 
Shadow shook his head as D-13 and Otto scrambled out of the room. Both troopers still hadn't packed up for the mission. That wasn't good news, considering those two were going to be working together. "They're going to kill each other, aren't they?" Jubei asked abesnt mindedly. "Let's hope not," Rizzit replied. "So are you psyched about this mission?" the3DJedi asked Shadow, walking over to stand beside him. "Uh, I guess it will be all right. I'm glad the commanders have decided to let Interceptor tag along with me and `Strider." "That dog scares me, man." "That's the idea. Anyhow, you all right? You got a little upset when Rizzit pulled us out of the simulator." "Yeah, I'm fine. It just freaked me out. One second we were in the middle of a battle and the next we were standing in an empty room." "Ah, you'll get used to it." "I hope so." "Come on, Shadow, let's go," `Strider called, hefting his sniper rifle. "All right!" Shadow yelled back. "Good luck, Jed." "Thanks, you too."

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 7, 2002 1:14:59 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei rushed out of the rooom at a dead sprint. He reached his room and quickly ran inside to get his gear packed. He refilled the rounds in his sniper rife, put on his wrsit balsts, attached his hold out balster to his hip, filled his belt with power packs and thermal dets, then picked up his heavy repeater and sniper rifle, grabbed his flask, bandana and water bottle, then sprinted back to the command room. He found eveyone there except Dee, who he expected to be a little late, since Jubei had placed a stuffed gungan in his room as a birthday present. Jubei smiled at the thought of Dee beating the cr@* out of it, then saw Dee run in with a smile on his face. 'Jub...I hate you. But at least igot to kill ne more gungan before we left." Dee said. "Alright, enough goofing around, lets board the speeder and move out." Rizz ordered. "Yessir" The quad answered. The Raiders moved out o the base and found the speeder just pulling up. Jubei smiled at Kuroishi and made an explosion motion with his hnds and said, "WHat's that smell" Once again, if looks could kill, Jubei would be dead. They all boarder the speeder...a tight fit... but they made it, and with that they were off on their mission.

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi

"Die on your feet, not on your knees" -IH motto (can't leave the old squad behind)
D-13
ComNet Member

June 7, 2002 8:33:12 PM    View the profile of D-13 
The squads smirked throughout the trip. The mission may havee begun but the pranks haven't ended yet. It was a terribly long ride. But the soldiers got a chance to enjoy some outside work once in a while. Everyone got a little amusement when Dee and Otto started shoving at each other in the back of the speeder. "Stop that right now, or I'll slap you with that fish again!", Rizzit snapped. "Let 'em fight, least they'll work off some steam.", someone said.  Dee made a face and just started to check over his equipment. The trip ended with a sudden stop just around the corner from the base. Everyone deployed around thier initial positions. Rizzit made a hand motion to wait for his mark. Drill squad ran past them with laserdrills and other digging equipment. Webkid waved to D-13 from the squad and continued on his way. Everyone was in place, ready for the SL's marks. "Go"   ----------------------- TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited June 7, 2002 11:19:35 PM)]
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

June 7, 2002 9:24:30 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
        Patrick seen the speeder leaving the cave entrance off through the forest. He got up got his things and headed back to base.       When he arrived Argon was giving his troops a before hand briefing...       {OOC: Sergeant Major Argon Vipes Please enlighten us with a prep talk.}

-----------------------
Strider
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  30
June 7, 2002 9:51:39 PM    View the profile of Strider 
Strider and Shadow were placing mines again when Interceptor started barking loudly. "What's up with him? He smell something?" asked Strider. "No, he hears something, and I do too. LOOK!, Up on the ledge overthere!" Shadow retorted "HOt damn! People to shoot! You take the flank, I'll get the front" said Strider as he charged up his E-11. "Roger that, Strider, but you should snipe the ones I don't get." answerd Shadow "Good point." Strider said, smiling evily. Strider took a position on the ledge opposite the enemy and set up his rifle. The young soldier looked through his trusty scope and knocked down a pair of lazy enemy soldiers with hardly a second thought.  The next few frontliners would not be so easy. They were moving around more than the first two, conceivably because they had seen Shadow and Interceptor and were trying to deal with them. Strider struck down another soldier in the head and managed to get another in the leg with the same bullet. There were perhaps four left in the front but Strider couldn't quite get them in range. "Shadow, see if you can draw them all closer to the front of that ledge, that way I can get a few more of them." Strider called over the comlink "You got it, bud" said Shadow OOC: In case you don't know the ` in front of my name is only for IRC purposes, Rizzit knows why I have it there.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Stefan "Strider" Ciorin
Trooper in the Vast Empire Army, brother of Oriana Ciorin Paan.
TRP/LCPL-Strider/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"It is well that war is so terrible, we should grow too fond of it"- Robert E. Lee
"In the end, humans are just another animal. The problem is, they evolved too quickly for their own good."-Anonymous
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined"-Henry David Thoreau
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 7, 2002 10:48:20 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei saw Shadow and Strider engage the enemy, so he pulled out his sniper rifle and plugged two troopres standing by the ridge rigt away, and figured that they could handle the rest by themselves. "Jubei, lets go." his partner 3dJedi said. "Aight, heres the plan, we sneak around and find a side or back entrance to floor A, we scout out the rest of the area, take out any wandering troopers, then you break in to the base while i prvide sniper cover for you. I'll pick offa couple of troopers, steal their uni's, and we can pose as guards entering the base. Hopefully we wont be discoverd and can just slip in and do some special ops stuff, then get to our designated post." "What if we just broke in a mowed everybody down, it'd cause less havoc for the others, dince thered be less troopers around." 3d suggested. "Well, i guess we could do that... sure why not, hell letz just shoot em all...besides ive been wanting to throw some thermals for a while now...letz get goin" Jubei and 3d dashed off, Jubei tying his bandana on as they ran. On the interior of the bandana were the words "Die on you feet, not on your knees" The IH logo, that Jubei has lived by for over a year...They approached the rear of the compound and found it guarded by ten heavily armed troops. "Oh this is too easy" 3d said "i'll launch a thermal, you run in a start shooting, ill back you up" Jubei said Jubei stood up and threw his favorite weapon perfectly into the crowd of troopers *BOOM* Bodies and limbs scattered everywhere, at least 7 died in the blast, and 3d cleaned the rest up. "Okay 3d, you hack into this door, ill go find us some un-scorched uni's" "Sure thing Jub, be back soon, the encryption doesnt look that difficult to break."  3d replied Jubei laughed at ran off, brandinshing his throwing knives and shuruiken throwoing stars, and pulled out his s'stkar sword, then went on a hunt...

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi

D-13
ComNet Member

June 7, 2002 11:36:53 PM    View the profile of D-13 
Otto check the orders again while Dee was waiting impatiently at the door. "I say we go in shooting, makes it faster.", said Otto. "Naw, let's take a more silent approach." "You can't tell me what to....." The door swung open and a rebel came out, holding a deathstick. He only got to take 3 puffs before losing his head to Dee's vibroknife. The corpse was looted and several thermal detonators were found. "Ok, we'll run in a gunning after we sneak into the weapons room." "Alright, entry on my count." "One, two, three!" The duo entered the building. Dee grinned, this was like one of his tactical games that he often played. A rebel patrol group wasn't even aware of the two Raider's presence. He stepped on an old datapad and froze. "What was that?", said a rebel trooper." "Naw, its nothing, prolly a womp rat." Otto slinked across to an ammo box. "Did you see that?", the same trooper said. Before the senior of the group could answer, a beam of light flashed form the shadows with a snap-hiss. "Argh!", the rebels exclaimed. They managed to fire off a few shots before being killed off by Otto. "This is Otto Vox, armory secured. We're proceeding to our objective." "Roger that." Dee pointed to the broken turbolift and whined. "How are we gonna reach the window now?" The Gunnery Sergeant just shaked his head and took out his grappling hook.......

-----------------------
TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
June 8, 2002 12:28:14 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon gathered his squad around him, the Raiders and Drill Squad were already in place, doing what they had been ordered to do. "All right guys,"said Argon,"our mission here is as complicated as any of theirs, but still somehow simple.  Tycho, your orders are to hack into their computer net via a link that Kuroishi and I will set up.  You're going to try to keep attention off of us and the other squads, do whatever you have to." "Got it,"said Tycho, prepping his typing fingers. "The rest of us,"said Argon,"once that's done, will storm the HQ.  We're going to be coming in from the top, and we'll make our way down.  We'll be using a new stealth system courtesy of PaTrIcK's boredom." PaTrIcK stood up and took a bow. "After we get in, our goal is to capture the main command center and get them to surrender." "And what if they don't?"asked Myrrdin. "Then we use this,"said Argon, stepping aside to reveal an anti-matter weapon the Fallen Angels had captured on their last mission,"right after we pull back.  I'd rather take prisoners, but our orders were to take out that base.  Other than that, Raider and Drill Squads will be meeting up with us at the HQ after they tunnel to it.  Any other questions?" There were none. "All right,"said Argon, pulling out his infamous submachinegun/rykk blade combo,"then let's move." Tycho took the pilots seat, and the rest of them strapped in. "Are you ever going to return that to Geist?"asked Kuroishi, pointing at the submachinegun. "Not until he notices..."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 8, 2002 1:03:16 AM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
ooc: rizz can you email me my orders again, i know i should control a door on floor a and pose as guards, but do i loot the armory, i remember something about that...

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi

Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
June 8, 2002 10:01:19 AM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho set the craft in motion, and directed the vehicle in the general direction of the enemy base. As soon as he was within a three kilometers of it, he made a thirty degree turn to the right and traveled for approximately another kilometer. The craft came to a shuddering halt. "All out. Get that link up ASAP, please. If anyone needs some extra support, give a squeal." The squad filed out quickly and very quietly, professionally. He leaned back in the pilots chair and stretched, then sat upright again and began typing furiously into the ship's computer, formulating a program to dump into the enemy's system as soon as Argon and Kuroishi had that datalink up. A second and third program were established. After all his work was completed, Tycho brought up his new version of Pong and began to play the incredibly fast computer. All he could do now was wait.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Tycho Celchu

the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 8, 2002 2:28:10 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Standing at a control panel, it took the3Djedi less than 30 seconds to unlock the doors. "OK Jubei, the doors unlocked!" he called. The3Djedi heard two quick whooshes, and a muffled scream.  Jubei jogged out of the trees, smiling. "Sorry, had to finish some...infinished business." "Heh, ok." "Lets find ourselves some defensive positions, before any more troops arive." "Roger." said Jed, stepping into the armory. The two Raiders started toward the small lift, and rode up to floor two. "Hmm," Jubei began, "I think that window area over there will suit me fine, perfect for sniping." "Ok, but have you repeaters ready." "Gotcha." "I wonder how long it will take the Drill squad to get that tunnel completed." the3Djedi mused, setting himself down in his chosen spot. "Not sure, but..." Jubei started. "Jed!  Rebels are heading this way!" "Ok, heavy weapons set.  Bring it on!" the3Djedi stated, grinning. Jubei grinned back.  As the small, unsuspecting group came closer, Jubei and Jed open fire.  The screams were muffled as the sound of reapeting rifles drowned them out.  30 seconds later it was over. "Yeah!" said the3Djedi, leaning over to give Jubei a high-five. "Wahoo!" Jubei grinned. "Hey, here comes more!" the3Djedi's face broadened in a big smile. Jubei looked at him and laughed, as they both pulled out thermal detonators...

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
June 8, 2002 2:57:57 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
(Sorry, Strider, but someone else had been putting ` in front of your name, so I thought you wanted it there ) Shadow grimaced as another squad of troopers came up over the hill. Strider was doing an excellent job of picking off the targets he didn't manage to finish off in close-range combat, but this was beginning to be a bit tedious. The two troopers would never finish their mission if they had to fight Rebel sentries for the next half an hour. Shadow spun around with one of his Ryyk blades, catching an enemy right in the gut. The man shrieked and fell down on the ground, bleeding heavily. A quick thrust backward sliced another man's head off, and then Shadow was darting off across the field, running away from the soldiers. He led them right into the open, where Strider would have a better shot. The sniper began to unload, knocking Rebels down like leaves in the wind. The enemy soldiers pursuing Shadow made a quick dive for cover. Shadow himself had taken up a position behind a large boulder. Sheathing his sword, he pulled out his heavy blaster rifle and a hand grenade. Without even looking, he tossed the grenade as far as he could in front of him. The proceeding explosion sent fire and debris in all directions and sent the Rebels that were in hiding running to take up cover once more. Shadow rolled out from behind the large rock and begin to mow down the enemy soldiers with his repeating rifle. The Rebel soldiers were green - inexperienced - and in a few more seconds they all lay dead or heavily wounded on the ground. Shadow radioed up to Strider that the coast was clear and then began looking around for Interceptor.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LM]

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
PaTrIcK
ComNet Novice

June 8, 2002 3:11:28 PM    View the profile of PaTrIcK 
        Patrick climbed out and walked off in his own direction. He could hear the soft thumps of explosives in the distance. He got his pistols out and placed their scopes on them and screwed the silencers on. "Its gonna be another long night." he said to himself.         Myrrdin followed Patrick around the corner. When he got around the corner to the opposite side he found himself face to end  of Patrick's pistol. "Why are you sneaking around like that," asked Patrick uncocking the pistol and bringing it back to himself. " I am trying to keep up with you. We are together. Did you forget or what?"  replied Myrrdin.         "There is a corner over there Myrrdin." said Patrick. " I think that would be a good place to get to and stay." And with that Patrick had aleady snuck along the wall to the corner and was picking out the most comfortably spot that the ground there could offer.

-----------------------
Strider
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  30
June 8, 2002 5:24:39 PM    View the profile of Strider 
Strider caught up with Shadow and helped him look around for Interceptor. Strider found the dog curled up in a spot where a beam had fallen. As far as Strider could tell, Interceptor only sustained a few minor scrapes on his paws and body. Shadow inquried about his dog with a worried tone. "Is he ok, Strider?" "As far as I can tell, yes. He seems to have only suffered a few minor cuts and maybe some brusing. I suggest we take him back to HQ though. We should have this looked at more carefully, just in case. Go, I'll cover you." Strider said. "We don't know how many more of them there are out there, you sure?" Shadow asked, still worried. "Yeah. I can handle them for awhile. Just make sure you don't take too long." Shadow nodded and rushed Interceptor over to HQ so the medics could check him out.  He was back within 15 minutes. "Did I miss anything?" asked Shadow. "Nope. They're afraid. They haven't moved since you left. How's Interceptor?" Strider answered "Not too bad, he's just a little bruised."

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Stefan "Strider" Ciorin
Trooper in the Vast Empire Army, brother of Oriana Ciorin Paan.
TRP/LCPL-Strider/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"It is well that war is so terrible, we should grow too fond of it"- Robert E. Lee
"In the end, humans are just another animal. The problem is, they evolved too quickly for their own good."-Anonymous
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined"-Henry David Thoreau
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 8, 2002 5:50:49 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
3dJedi and jubei both lobbed their thermal dets at the same time, Jubei throwing two , the resulting explosion knocked down or killed almost all the troopers, the rest were mowed down by their repeaters. "OK, I'll snipe from here, you get going to the designated dorr and put that uniform on. Ill cover your back, then after you get there, you cover me." Jubei said "Right," 3dJedi responded, then took off at a brisk jog down  the corridor. Jubei moved over to the window 3d had picked out for him, then took and deep breath, and looked into his scope. Jubei immediatley picked off two sentries, one after the other, neither having a chance to respond. He blew up a remote assault sentry that would have been a tough task from up close. He saw 3d approach the doorway, then saw the door open and heard the snap-hiss of a lightsaber. A sliver glow filled the corridor, and he saw jed pull up short, then let go with repeater rounds. The Jedi worked magically, blocking shots, spinning ducking weaving. Jube realized that he didn;t have any telekenisis ability, since he didnt blow 3d back or grab his gun. The Jedi didn;t succeed in returning any of the shots, and Jubei saw an opening. Slowly, the repeater fire was draining the Jedi. He waited until the Jedi spun, then blasted a hole in the back of his head. The Jedi fell and disappeared, along with his lightsbaer, which Jubei found odd. Jubei got on the comlink and said "thx for that distraction 3d" "No problem Jub, anytime, thx for the cover fire." 3d replied. Jubei started his run, and saw 3dJedi having perfect accuracy with his repeater, as he covered Jubei, mowing down enemies all around Jubei. He met 3d at the door, then they turned around, Jubei laying on the ground with a sniper rifle, 3d satnding over him with the repeater. Together, they eliminated the restr of the threat. "Nice shooting 3d, im impressed" Jubei complimented. "Thx, your not too bad yourself" 3d replied. They quickly pulled ont he rebel uniforms, then posted themselves at the door, 3d hacking into the control panel to lock it. "That should keep em" Jed said. Now letz just hold this door.

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi

Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 9, 2002 7:22:02 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
`TJ and Rizzit had entered the base, and began looking for the chamber with the explosives. "Where's this room?"asked `TJ. "Somewhere on the 3rd floor. I think we're supposed to look for a window of some sort as well. Oh well, let's take the stairs."replied Rizzit. "Why not the lifts?" "I don't want to cause a Rebel to start the alarm. Let's take the stairs." `TJ nodded seeing that there was no arguing with his SL when he had his mind set on something. After a bit of searching they found a stairwell, it led both up and down. They climbed two flights of stairs when they arrived at the third floor. Upon reaching the third floor, they noticed that there were two signs there on a holo-projector. Rizzit paused to look at them and began laughing. "What's so funny?"asked `TJ. "These signs. The first one says no Imperials allowed."said Rizzit, controlling his laughter. `TJ now began laughing."No sign is going to keep ME out." "Same here Teej. Now the next one is the floor directory. It tells where everything is. Heh. So easy for us to find our way." "Yea. So where is the explosives room?" "Let's see here..."said Rizzit as he checked the directory."Here we go Hall C Floor 2F." "Hopefully that's close by. Where are we?"asked `TJ. Rizzit looked around for a sign or indication of their location. "Ah! Here we are. Hall Z." "Ugh. We got a long way to go." "Well, we best get going. Long walk TJ." "Yea. At least your plan worked." When `TJ and Rizzit thought they would have no trouble, an announcement came over the loud speakers in the base. "Imperial Troops have entered the base! Imperial troops have entered the base!" said a voice. "Well, so much for that idea. Hope the others have no problem. We better prepare to deal with those Rebels, cause I'm sure it won't be long. Use whatever methods you can." Rizzit said. TJ nodded, and a platoon of Rebels came at them. The 2 DarkJedi sensed a great sense of fear and anger in the Rebels. Which was odd, seeing that they were usually fighting for good. Rizzit pulled out his lightstaff, and TJ his repeater. "Time to do a little sharpshootin'"said `TJ.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
June 9, 2002 2:03:03 PM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ fired a few shots at the oncoming rebels, before igniting his saber as they approached further. Deflecting shots with one hand and delivering shots with the other, the Colonel began to rack up kills. 'Perfect combonation', TJ thought 'who needs two lightsabers.' The enemy was now flooding in, but due to excellent swordsmaniship by the two dark jedi and several well-placed shots from the TJ's repeater, the wave of soldiers were gaining no ground. *Click*Click* The repeater made after several minutes of combat. Before them, many bodies now lay in the hallway. Even with these casualties, more rebel soldiers continued to advance. Sticking his "good ol' repeater" on his belt, TJ pulled an E-11 from a corpse and resumed his defense. 'This could take a while.'

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
LoS/SG TJ/Eagle Sect/Sith//VE
(Rear Admiral PJ)
*Joined December, 1999*
D-13
ComNet Member

June 9, 2002 8:16:20 PM    View the profile of D-13 
OOC: good news! I am back and my little deal with my dad to stay off the internet is over! :aliengrey: Upon hearing the announcement, Otto began shooting wildly at every single rebel he saw. What was D-13 to do? He followed Otto up the windows. "Hey wait up!" Some blaster shots came from the other windows. A vibroaxe broke the window where Otto was, he immediately yanked the rebel and tossed him down. "Dee! Rebel coming your way!" Dee took out his vibrobayonet and sliced up the rebel while keeping his grip on the grappling hook. They finally reached the right window, along with a new republic welcoming commitee. "We don't have time for this...", the corporal mumbled. He took out a thermal detonator and hurled it right at the enemy's feet. BOOM! Guts and limbs were all over the walls and floor. Otto motioned for the trooper to follow him. On the right side of the hallways was a picture of a gungan, Dee took a little time to smash and spit on it before continuing on his way. "Here's the room, where's the datapad?" "Here." He handed Dee the datapad. The computer sprang to life, draining every single bit of information. A laser blast ended the little downloading session, but the gunner paid with his life. The pair ran up to the weapon room and broke open crates. "No, just bombs here." "Here it is!" Dee struggled to get the heavy weapon out of the crate and on a tripod. "Shove over kid, I'm taking this!", said Otto. Footsteps were head on both sides of the hallway. "Man, sure hope Drill Squad finishes up soon!"

-----------------------
TRP/CPL D-13/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA

Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 9, 2002 8:22:08 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
Jubei heard the alarm "Imperial troops ahve entered the base...Imperial troops have entered the base." broadcasted across the entire armory. "Aww damn," 3d said, "Guesss we do this the hard way." "Rizz, this is jubei, come in" Jubei said into his comlink. "Rizz, please come in orders requested." Static filled the comlink until Jubei heard this broken message, "Jube....orders...to...assisst...forget about guarding... go find the others....help them..." Then nothing but static. "Ok 3d, we should go find the others, my guess is we go through this door and work through the base, trying to surround the rebel troops....you with me?" Jubei asked. "3d replied, "What and miss this chance to kick some butt, no way, lets get moving." The two troopers took off entering the door they were guarding after 3d took off his encryption code. They entered the door, to find a huge room, empty...except for the few dozen weapons lockers and heavy artillery they found inside... "jackpot" Jubei annouced, "Lets stock up, pick up some heavy stuff, then get moving." Jubei broke open a locker and shouldered a rocket launcher, then found a nice new sniper rilfe to use. He quickly transfered his scope and lucky troll doll from his old one, then opened another...to find racks and racks of thermal dets. he stuffed every pocket full of them, finally maxing out at about 10. "Ok," he said, "I'm ready." Jubei turned around to find 3d decked out from head to toe in rilfes and pistols galore. "Wow rambo, guess we ave enough ammo, lets get going." They turned the corner between lockers and found nice, new, speeder bikes that had been adapted to fit in the hallways and turbolifts. "We gotta take these," 3d said, "it would be a crime not to." So He hot wired two of them, and Jubei ran back and got blaster ammo packs and emp pulse generator and mounted them on the bike. "WE can take out the entire base with these" Jubei said. They fired up the speeders and started off exiting the locker room. After a couple of minutes they heard a tremendous *BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!* in the direction from which they came. 3d looked over at Jubei  only to find him grinning from ear to ear. "Sorry, i left them a present made out of some thermal dets and a few speeder bikes" "Jube, man, you gotta learn some control, i liked the kaboom though, it was a good one" "Thx 3d, i appreciate that." The two sped off down the hallway, coming to a turbolift. However, only one of te bikes would fit at a time. "Guess we have to piggy back," 3d said, "Ill drive" Jubei got onto 3d's bike and they entered the turbolift. They set it for the floor Rizz and TJ were supposed to be, then waited patiently while the lift moved close towards their friends

-----------------------
Sergeant Jubei Nimiichi

Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
June 9, 2002 10:33:46 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
*Just as the Drill Sqaud gets finished the recruit named Shane Swanson comes running saying "There comin there coming!" and as he just gets done saying that he gets shot in the back and he falls to the floor* *Stormie starts to pass out the Repeating Blasters and has them stand guard and are ready and then the Rebel troops start coming in and the Sqaud opens firing taking down the front line one by one* *All of the Drill Sqaud members all get behind crates of steel and then Stormie calls all units for backup "This is Stormie, the Drill Sqaud and I are pinned down at the end of the tunnel! We need immediate assistance!...." and the Drill Sqaud continues to fire and holds off the advancing Rebel troops*  
[This message has been edited by Lukas_Yuy (edited June 9, 2002 10:35:10 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8.345562453 - There's a Storm coming...  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:09:06 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 70  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >