Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   
Author
Topic:  My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2667
Total Posts:  3342
  RE: My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)
December 5, 2008 2:07:12 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel, Gio and Sam reached the brig as the guards were dragging out another of the captured mercs. The man’s face was a unrecognizable bloody mess that had more in common with the droppings of a bantha than the face of a human. A red smear followed the body being, leaving a trail to the interrogation room where janitors were already mopping up the pieces left behind.

“This was one tough SOB.” One of the guards said as they passed by the Jesters. “He didn’t spill anything…except his blood.”

The other guard chuckled, obviously having taken a lot of pleasure in the torture of the prisoner. Motioning to Gio and Jeg, who both looked on unphased by the brutality and gore, the trio approached the brig’s sergeant at arms. The rather corpulent man gave the three a quizzical look, and Angel had to admit, three snowtroopers approaching fully armed was a bit unusual. “Squad Leader Angel.” He said to the burly man. “We’re here to talk to Lieutenant Tim Reeves.”

“Ah yes. We were told to expect you. He’s in the last room on your right. We’ve…softened him up a bit for you.” The sergeant flashed a toothy sneer at Angel, and tossed a bunch of paperwork on the desk. Crumbs fell from the half a sandwich still in his mouth, spilling all over the papers. Using his thick, sausage like fingers, he tapped the pile leaving greasy fingermarks. “His personnel file.”

Cringing at the man’s breath, which smelled like he had just eaten the ass out of a dead Wampa, Angel merely nodded and picked the papers up, handing them to Gio. The Gunnery Sergeant promptly brushed the sandwich crumbs off the cover and looked at the greasy stains with disgust. “Seriously, have you moved from that chair in recent history?” Gio muttered under his breath. Jeg chuckled softly and puffed out his cheeks to look like the chubby sergeant.

Shooting Gio an icy look, Angel rolled his eyes then addressed the sergeant. “I’d appreciate it if you turned off the holocams and did not interrupt us.” Angel added a bit of malice to his words, darkening his gaze on the sergeant. “This is not a request, by the way. I was trying to be polite.”

“S-sure thing.” The greasy man stammered. His hand drifted over to the holocam control screen, and deactivated the camera. One of the screens behind him showing the cell Reeves was in flickered out. Nodding to the large man who was now staring at Angel in bewilderment, he led Gio and Jeg down the hallway to the cell. The guard buzzed them in, releasing the magnetic lock on the door. The three Jester troops filed into the room, Angel walking straight towards the bruised, battered, and bleeding man, while Jeg and Gio filled out to opposite sides of the room.

The former Lieutenant Reeves was tied to a chair, his ankles bound with steel wire, and his wrists tied under the seat the same way. Both binding points were ozzing blood from his struggling against the restraints. He groggily looked up to see who had entered. His eyes were glazed over, and sweat mixed with blood was pouring down his face. The man stunk of body odor and urine, most likely not having been able to use the facilities since his capture. His hair was plastered to his head, glistening with sweat and sticky with blood. He was clothed in what was left of a duty uniform; all insignia of rank and medals had been stripped off, and large swaths were torn away where the guards had gone to town with stun batons and vibroblades.

Fear…

Angel drank it in, using the dark emotions to fuel his power. The storm inside him flared to life, crackling with the power of the Dark Side. Fixing Reeves in his gaze, he slowly addressed the doomed man. “We’re going to play a game.” He said. “I’ll ask you a question. If you lie to me...and I’ll know if you do...you suffer.”

To emphasize his point, Angel reached into a hidden compartment built into the sleeve of his armor. He withdrew a slender black cylinder etched with silver angel wings. Four prongs extended from the end of the shaft, looking like a predator’s claws closing in on prey. His thumb drifted towards the button on the lower end of the shaft. A meter and a half long amethyst hued blade exploded from the end of the pommel with a *snap-hiss* as Angel ignited his lightsaber.

Reeves’ eyes went wide as he saw the weapon sweep towards his face. A small trickle of urine started to puddle on the floor at his feet. Angel turned towards Jeg, who approached the prisoner. He untied the man’s hands and held out his left arm. “W-W-What are you going to do to me!?”

“The question is,” Gio answered, lowering his voice. “What WON’T he do to you…or to your family on Lotaith.” Leafing through Reeve’s file, Gio stopped and pulled out a picture of his children. “You know, children have a very low threshold for pain…”

“No…don’t…please…” The traitor choked on his words. “They’re innocent.”

“They won’t suffer if you answer our questions.” Angel stated. Tapping into the ever brewing maelstrom within him, he projected an aura of malice, hatred, and anger around him. His eyes turned into the soulless void of the demon’s of legend, and his face paled as a ferocious grin grew across his face. The Dark Jedi appeared to grow in size as the room darkened. It wasn’t that the lights dimmed, however, merely that all the light was sucked into the void surrounding Angel, unable to escape to illuminate the cell. “Let’s begin.”

“Is there any other way into the base than through the storage bay?” Angel demanded, throwing every word out etched with the acidic evil of the dark side.

Reeves’ hesitated slightly before answering, his lip quivering with the thought of the pains to come. “Y-you don’t u-understand. They’ll kill me if I tell you anything. They’ll kill my family!”

“Wrong answer.” Angel snapped back at him. Lowering the blade of the lightsaber to mere microns above the man’s arm, he slowly moved the blade upwards from his wrist to his shoulder. White hot pain seared through Reeve’s mind. The skin instantly bubbled, blistered, popped, and charred as the intense heat of the blade melted his skin away. The sweet aroma of burning flesh filled the room, flowing into Angel's nostrils and stinging his senses. He let out a sharp cackle, and with the Force, moved the blade ever closer to the prisoner's arm.

At first he screamed. But his lungs ran out of air in mere seconds. His faced was gripped in a silent terror and his eyes bulged to the point Angel thought they would pop out of his head. He tried to thrash around to free himself, but Jeg was too strong, and held him in place. Skin gave way to muscle, muscle to bone, and it was in this moment that Angel lowered his saber with a quick swipe, and severed his arm at the shoulder. The agony overwhelmed the main, and his eyes rolled back in his head as he faded into oblivion.
But Angel was too quick. Reaching out with the Force, he quickly soothed the pain of the burns and returned Reeves to consciousness. His breathing came in startled fits; deep, heaving gasps as if he wanted to consume all the air in the room. But his eyes were clear, and Angel knew he almost had him.

“Now. Let’s try this again.” Jeg this time held out the man’s right arm. “Is there any other way into the base!”

“YES!” Reeves shouted, with no hesitation this time. “On the southern slope!” Tears streamed freely down the man’s face as he broke into sobbing heaves. “There’s a rock formation in a semi circle. The middle rock is actually a turbolift which leads inside. Now please! No more!”

Angel smiled inwardly. There was nothing else he needed from the man, save for one last thing. “Thank you, Mr. Reeves. Unfortunately, you’ve seen who we are and what we can do.” The prisoner’s eyes grew even wider, as if knowing what was going to happen next. The Dark Jedi lowered his lightsaber towards his own hand. Opening himself fully to the Force, Angel drew the power of the saber into his body. Pure power rushed through his veins as his circulatory system felt on fire. His own palm started do blister as the dark side grew from a maelstrom to a full hurricane, threatening to consume him…until he shut off the lightsaber.

Tilting his head to one side, Angel said quizzically, "Why so serious?" Focusing the power within him, he grabbed Reeves’ head in his palm, and channeled the energy back through his body and outward.

The poor man never had time to scream.

Ten minutes later, Angel, Jeg and Gio were in the shuttle bay, joined by the rest of Jester, Raiders, and Wraith. Activating the holoprojector in the hangar, Angel pointed out the entrance on surveillance photos. “We should be able to enter the base through here.” He said. “We’ll be able to get in behind them. From there we will destroy this entrance, forcing them to funnel towards Paladin and Blackjack. There will be one way out, and that’s through them.”

“Let’s get to it then.” Snipes, the Raider SL and former compatriot of Angel, said with a fiendish grin.
Senior Sergeant - Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi
Platoon Adjutant - StormPlatoon | Squad Leader - Jester Squad

PA-SL/SSG Angel/Jester/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire
[LoR] [RoM] [GRoM] [IH] [CDS] [CoR] [WM] [BC] [SC] [AS-5] {BoA}
------------------------
Sith Guardian - Darth Phoenix
Dark Lord of the Sith - Dark Council

DLoS/SG Phoenix/DC-04/Eagle 1-1/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire
[VP:1]

------------------------
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 5, 2008 2:10:13 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 5, 2008 2:44:23 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3589
Total Posts:  3940
December 5, 2008 2:46:34 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes kicked the closest thing at hand, an empty ammunition box, it flew across the room and clanked against a couple walls before coming to a rest, he'd left a respectable dent in it as well, but he wasn't paying attention it, not really, he was looking for something else to take his frustration out on. It happened to be the table, which he kicked over, spilling good deal of equipment and various other items across the floor.

“For f***s sake Snipes, calm down.” His Virius said.

“Calm down! Oh yes! Why don't we just calm down!” Snipes said flinging his helmet across the room. “I am f****n' pissed. Not upset, not angry, not a little peeved, fuckin' pissed. Seriously, I just have to sit here and do nothing! Invariably the point squads are going to get shot up and we're going to have to go down there and save their stupid asses, so why wait! Why not just send us down there now!”

“Because you made the mistake of calling your commander incompetent.”

Snipes paused for a moment. “Oh, yeah, I did, didn't I?”

“Well, you didn't word it that nicely.”

“I never do.” Snipes groaned and picked up the table and began tossing the bits and pieces that had fallen off back. “You know. We could just grab a drop ship and head down ourselves, by the time we get there they'll probably be scrambling the others anyway.”

“Uh-huh, I'm sure that will go over well.”

Snipes sighed and sat down. Fury (the Gurrcat) came out from hiding behind the couch and rested his head on Snipes lap. Snipes scratched the large cat behind the ears absently. “Alright, so checklist.”

“Flame Carbine, Grenade launcher, no chemicals, no bio-agents. Most of our M4 ammo was depleted in the attack, but there should still be enough for everyone to carry two clips. We've still got enough StA rounds for a few magazines each, but since most of us don't use that I'm sure you'll have it all to yourself. Two A280's were damaged and out of commission, but we were able to get replacements from the armory here, as well as a couple boxes of blaster packs. Everyone is suited up, ready to go, doesn't seem anyone is short on anything.”

“Everyone's suits still working?”

“Yeah, no trouble there, RB had a glitch in his temperature control, but the armory was able to replace it.”

“Good. I want Dante on the grenade launcher and RB on the flame carbine. Don't think we'll get much use out of the grenade launcher while we're there so he doesn't need to pack heavy on the rounds, also I'd advise mostly tear gas, I don't want high explosives bringing that crap heap down on me. I'd have RB carry at least one more canister for the flame carbine, those things work pretty well in enclosed spaces, hella demoralizing too.”

“That all?”

“Yeah, make sure they don't pack too heavy, small enclosed spaces, so nothing big.”

“Aiight, try not to kill the rest of our barracks while I'm gone.” Virius smiled and left the room.

Snipes picked up another ammo can and threw it across the room in defiance. Fury glared at him. Snipes shrugged at the cat and went back to scratching it's head. There wasn't a lot for him to be doing, just waiting, lots and lots of waiting. He hated waiting. He was much more of a doing things person. He lit a cigarette.

As he leaned back to inhale his comm buzzed at him, Fury turned his head and looked at it, Snipes glared at it, picked it up, glared at it some more, then answered it. “Yeah, who, what and why should I care?”

“This is Rizzit, so shush, RAIDERS still holding until Paladin and Blackjack finish?”

“No, we're having a bloody tea party with the Moff, of course we are.”

“Well belay that, you're now holding indefinitely. We need RAIDERS to stand by until interrogation of the traitor is finished. You may end up with new orders.”

“Yeah, thanks, great.” Snipes threw the comm at the wall and watched it burst into several pieces. He'd really had better days. Snipes proceeded to pass out.

Moments later Virius was shaking him awake. Snipes felt groggy, poorly conscious and irritable. He wasn't having a good day, he was too early in the daze to remember how the day had gone, but he knew it had been miserable.

Snipes grumbled and swiped Virius' arms away “What do you want asshat?”

“Briefing, command couldn't get ahold of you, but report to the Jester barracks,”

“F****n' wonderful.”

Snipes grabbed his helmet from the floor, kicked the table over again and then followed Virius from the room. Jester barracks were fairly close. Boringly close. Snipes wanted something interesting. He kicked a mouse droid out of his way in the interim. It would have to do.

Snipes opened the door, everyone else had already showed. “What? I was takin' a freakin' nap, sue me.”

Angel chuckled, “Always sleeping on the job, then? The more things change. . .”

“Yeah, yeah, I'm pissy, lets get going.” Snipes tossed his helmet on the table, found and chair and crossed his legs on the table next to the helmet.

Of course by the end of the briefing Snipes was sitting on the edge of his seat, head supported by his fists and a wolfish grin growing with each passing word. He was more than ready to kill something. Preferably more than one something. The entire idea of using their own escape exit, as that's what Snipes always assumed back doors were for, to kill the hell out of them great him a great deal of joy. Then again, at that moment the entire idea of doing anything brought him a great deal of joy.

Angel wrapped it up, Snipes grin finally reaching it's apex, “Let's get to it then!” He yelled, hopping from his seat. “See you planet side”

Snipes grabbed his helmet and swaggered out, cigarette in mouth, in a much better mood. He was almost whistling. He looked over at Virius as he left the room, Virius nodded, answering Snipes question before he asked it. He was signaling the squad to meet them at the hanger. Snipes began humming a particularly bawdy tune as he walked.

He went straight to the hanger, straight to the squad. He smiled at them all and motioned for them to get the hell in the transport. The briefing was short and easy, we hit dirt, or rather snow, we find turbolift, we go into facility. Killing ensues. Snipes liked it, simple, easy to remember.

As they strapped themselves in and the dropship took off Snipes yelled a last bit of encouragement, “Remember kids! We're ultimate f****n' badasses! Those bastards on the ground are going to cry, whine and shit themselves once they know we're down there. Hide the children and lock up the women, put out your best booze and cower in a corner! RAIDERS are comin' to town!” Snipes yelled and laughed as the dropship began shaking and rocking from the turbulence of planetary entry.

The dropship plummeted quickly, Snipes squad, while not all veterans per se, had all done this many time before and had all seen blood, Snipes was pretty sure Otto even fell asleep. Snipes just held on and enjoyed the ride as they plummeted towards the ground, then, finally, the repulsors kicked in and the ship jolted and shook, seconds later the landing gear absorbed the shock of hitting the planet.

Snipes strapped his helmet on, tossing his cigarette away, only seconds before the loading doors began opening to the barren, snow covered wasteland. Snipes was smiling though, despite his hate of snow he was finally going to get to kill something. Probably lots of somethings.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
SL/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.  - H. L. Mencken
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited December 5, 2008 4:02:01 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  399
Total Posts:  2159
December 5, 2008 3:12:17 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Heavy fire from the entrenched mercs had BlackJack pinned down, but the Paladins, on the far side of the hanger, were advancing quite nicely.

They had managed to advance methodically, dashing from cover to cover, popping off a few blind shots when the situation called for it, and now they were just a dozen meters away with no cover left.

"Hey Orobos," Gates yelled at his friend. "Think we're close enough?"

"Dammit, Gates, I've seen you throw. It goes about ten feet the way you frickin' side-arm it."

"Yeah, but I always hit the target, eh?"

"Shut up."

"Gimme the grenade!"

Orobos tossed the explosive device across the small hall that was made by the boxes. Gates loosened his helmet, cursing the design, it lacking an up-to-date HUD, and so, a piece of crap. He grinned maniacally as cold air smashed into him.

"Sir, I must admit, you do seem insane," muttered BARman from further back.

"I get results, be quiet." Gates peeked around the corner, and then tossed the grenade into the air. The grenade - minus the pin, smacked into his hand, and he prepared to throw. He dashed into the open space during a lull in the shooting, and before the mercs could appreciate how absolutely insane it was, the grenade was sailing towards them, and the BlackJack ASL was diving back behind cover, where he scopped his '15 up and put his helmet back on, connecting it back to his armor, and giving his teammates a thumbs-up.

In the time it took him to do this, the grenade rolled to the feet of one of the mercs, who, in order to escape it, dove over his cover, only to be shot by one of his comrades, who was then killed by the resulting explosion.

Screams filled the air. Gates laughed outright. "You should have seen that guy's face!" He howled, then just for show, put his DC away. "And for the coup de grace!"

The flamethrower on the man's back twisted in its straps, until it was in front of him. "Burn, baby, burn!" he yelled, dodging around cover and spraying liquid fire into the surviving mercs.

Of course, it has been researched in several pyschological war texts, that behind AT-AT's and overwhelming firepower, the most scary thing to face is a flamethrower. Now, an AT-AT with a flamethrower, that would be scary. Gates squirted flame into the mercs' cover, igniting their armor and sending them screaming, burning, and dieing to the snow-covered ground, where the flames continued to burn until put out by flurries of snow mixed with ash.

By now, the mercs were outnumbered by the soldiers of BlackJack, and, while well-trained, no match for the superior firepower and accuracy of the stromtroopers. A bum rush finished them off, with the Stormtroopers boiling out of cover and into the midst of the last survivors, killing them to a man.

Gates removed his knife from the cranium of his foe, wiping the blade off on the downed merc's pants. The rest of BlackJack spread out, taking positions of cover and offering covering fire to the Paladins engaging the other Mercenaries. "Tanus, what's up? Where next?"
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  255
Total Posts:  896
December 5, 2008 4:20:19 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun shivered both from fear and from the physical cold. He had never fought anyone so well trained before, if they weren't trying to kill them he would try to recruit them into the corp. He grabbed his submachine gun from his side and his machine pistol.

"Damn, they never go away." Zeshaun muttered into the comm.

"Well they're thinning." Alan said back.

Zeshaun whipped around the corner and let out a long chain of shots, strafing their line leaving at least 4 dead. As he reloaded his submachine gun with one hand he reached around his cover and shot randomnly toward the mercenaries with his machine pistol.

"Nice shooting." Lucky said, panting slightly.

"Thanks." Zeshaun hadn't noticed but he had worked up quite a sweat.

The fire that was coming back had definantly slowed down and now Zeshaun felt more relaxed. Thank god we got rid of that tank, these troops are enough work as it is.

"They're getting harder to hit." Nick growled, missing a few mercenaries.

"You just think that, there are just less targets." Alan said.

"Let's draw them out." Zeshaun said.

"What do you mean?" Requiem said, slightly confused.

"Just watch." Zeshaun said grinning under his helmet.

Zeshaun quickly jumped up from his cover and he started to strafe the area with his submachine gun. He quickly ran across the length of the field and holstered his machine gun. He got out his shotgun and loaded it. He looked up and saw two mercenaries already, aimed toward Zeshaun's area.

"You see the two?" Zeshaun asked through the comm.

"Yeah, we got your back, there are two more hiding behind a wooden crate near your right, you get those." Lucky said.

Zeshaun shifted his weight so that he would be looking in the direction of the crate.

"On your mark Zeshaun." Lucky said waiting.

"Now!" Zeshaun said.

He jumped up and blasted the crate with one shot, the crate exploded in a fury of splinters leaving the two gasp in horror. A few shots flew by his head but he trusted his squad mates to take care oft hem. Zeshaun fired once more into the storm of splinters still falling to the ground and watched the two mercenaries writhe in pain on the ground.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  171
Total Posts:  1075
December 5, 2008 7:34:06 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival was toweled and covered when Helena dropped by to tell the squad to get on the ship.

Anival looked around and chuckled, Antos had barely been able to cover himself.

He waited till she got out, got dressed, and spoke. “Hey , Antos keep your blaster tucked away at all times.”
At that’s half the showers occupants laughed and Antos turned beet red. Anival walked by him patted him on the shoulder and got out.

He was still chuckling to himself when he got out. He waited by the door for the rest of his teammates.

They were talking among themselves, and joking at Antos’ expense when, Anival asked “Joamer, and what does a Cyborg use?” Now it was Joamer turn to be embarrassed. He chuckled again not knowing if Cyborgs felt embarrassment or not.

They were interrupted by Kand. He had just ordered them on the ship. Anival just got on the ship and waited.
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  358
Total Posts:  744
December 5, 2008 7:52:35 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus ducked as a blaster bolt struck a wall behind him, putting a rather nice sized hole where his head would have been only seconds before. Tanus pulled out his S-FOX and unleashed a spray of bullets towards where the mercs were holed up; off to the right, the Paladins were busy dealing with their own group. Tanus knew that eventually if they didn’t do something quick, the Paladins would be flanked and cut off from the Blackjacks. Tanus couldn’t let that happen to his old squad, not with so many of his friends there. Tanus’ reprisal of gunfire was met with another salvo from the mercs, this time with gusto. Tanus ducked down hard as the wall behind him and the durasteel crate he was using as cover was slowly being eaten away by blaster fire. Tanus looked up to see his squad trying to not get shot themselves.

“Oh for Christ’s sake, will somebody fire back!?”

Orobos lobbed a grenade towards the group and Tanus heard the sound of a frag grenade going off, and heard a few screams. At least Tanus knew that they got a hit. Tanus then got up from his crouch and opened fire with his Stormtrooper Two, laying down some covering fire as he waved BARman and Verk forward to get some ground. As they moved forward, Tanus moved to the right and moved around some tall barrel drums and crates. From his position, Tanus could see the Paladins attempting to make ground, but he knew that they would need help. Luckily for Tanus, as soon as Blackjack took care of the mercs they had, they would be in a perfect flanking position and support role for Paladin. He opened up the squad channel and started issuing orders.

“Okay boys, we have them in a vice. BAR, Verk, wait for my signal. When I give the word, we’re going to move in and surround them and cut them to bits. Everyone else, start tossing in flash bangs when I give the order. Be sure to cover your eyes when they go in, or else this whole plan is gonna go to shit real quick.”

Tanus looked around the corner to see the mercs taking up firing positions and attempting to gain ground on the rest of Blackjack; he could also see BAR and Verk getting ready to make their move. Tanus then issued the order.

“Okay, flash bangs away! Now!”

Tanus heard the distinct sound of grenades hitting the ground and then turned as a brilliant flash of light and a loud pop went off. Tanus turned the corner, along with Verk and BAR, to see seven mercs huddled over, straining to see what was in front of them. Tanus didn’t waste any time. He pulled out his Samurai Edge and opened fire on two of the mercs to his left while Verk and BAR started to move in from the left, taking out four mercs before the other even had a chance to know what was going on. Tanus then pulled out his knife and rammed it hard into one of the enemy’s necks, severing the carotid artery and watching as arterial spray washed up on his armor. The remaining three mercs were just coming out of their shock as Tanus, Verk and BAR opened fire with their Stormtrooper Twos, cutting them to bits. He waved the others forward and they took up positions all around the mercs, who were holed up behind some crates in a narrow hallway. This was perfect for Blackjack. Tanus commed into to Luckystar on another channel.

“Lucky, its Tanus. We managed to flank your group and took out ours, but I think we may have more on the way. We can take care of them while you make your way deeper into the facility. When we’re done here, we’ll follow you and take a different route and see what else we can find. After that, we’ll see what the day brings.”

Tanus was at first answered by a burst of static, then salvos of blaster fire, swearing and orders being issued. Lucky eventually came through with a response.

“All right, Tanus. Good luck and Godspeed.”

Tanus nodded. “You too Lucky. See you soon.”

Tanus then ushered Blackjack around him and grabbed a grenade from his belt. He nodded his head towards the small opening and could already see Garryll getting anxious and jittering with excitement; that boy liked explosives a little too much. Tanus then opened up the squad channel and told them what was up.

“All right, the plan is Paladin squad is going to slowly pull back and get ready to blow the door and call in the other squads. We’re going to take down this little group and wait by the door. When we blow it, the others are gonna come in and then we’ll make our way deeper into the facility and take out the other mercs. After that, we’ll see what the brass tells us next.”

Tanus nodded to the others; all of them were holding grenades, save Garryll who was carrying his flamethrower rather close to his chest. Tanus guessed he wanted to raise a little hell before the day was done. Tanus tossed in his grenade just as the Paladins had backed up all the way and the mercs were about to make their way forward. A small salvo of explosions shook the wall, and Tanus heard screams as limbs were ripped off. Without a word, Garryll walked into the room and opened up with the flamethrower, torching the remaining mercs alive. When the screaming subsided, Blackjack squad ran after Paladin to see a massive blast door in their path. Tanus shook his head. Damnit, we don’t have anything that can blast through that. Time to call in the guys with the big bombs. Tanus commed in to the main hub of Phalanx Platoon.

“Phalanx HQ, this is Tanus Solvona of Blackjack squad. We seem to have a small problem. It seems the mercs and whoever their working for have made a nice big blast door and we don’t have anything to blast through it. Can we borrow Absolut squad to see if we can get inside?”

There was the rifling of papers and the sounds of voices as Tanus waited for a response. Eventually he got one.

“Yes, Solvona, we can do that. They’ll be there in five minutes. You may want to get out of the way when they do, because there is no guarantee that the building will be there anymore.”

Tanus waited for a while his back to the wall, watching the outside and waiting for Absolut squad to arrive. The time came, and Abslout piled out of a command speeder with what looked like a lot of things to make holes in a wall. The squad leader, a man who looked no older than thirty, came up to him and shook his hand.

“I take it you’re the one who called for the explosive delivery? My name is Shamp Ange, and I’m Absolut’s squad leader. I heard both Paladin and Blackjack were operating tonight. I take it that’d be you guys?”

Tanus nodded. “Yeah that’s us. But right now Shamp, I think we have more pressing matters to attend to.”

Shamp nodded and gave a loud, long whistle. “Okay boys, let’s make a big hole in a lot of metal.”

Absolut squad started getting to work, laying down charges and planting devices all along the door frame. When they were done, there did not seem to be much of a door left; Taus knew that there wouldn’t be for much longer. Absolut squad ordered the others out while they started stringing the charges together. Within 30 seconds, they were out and ducking down screaming “FIRE IN THE HOLE!” The next sound Tanus heard was a disturbingly loud explosion, with undertones of metal was it was ripped from the wall. A loud crash showed that the door was done with and then the sound of raining metal began.

After it was over, Tanus called in to Army Command and told them that the door was blown and the others could come on in. Before he could thank Absolut squad, they were already gone. Now it was just a matter of waiting.

SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2193
Total Posts:  3141
December 5, 2008 10:33:57 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos whipped a bang of stranded hair out of her face while staring down at the glowing datapad in her hand, trying to soak up any last-minute data. She pressured her gloved fingertips against the temples of her head, trying to prevent any massive brain spasm of pain that might occur.

The squad had just hauled themselves onto the shuttle, with the vehicle itself still making some pre-flight checks about the engines and weight formulations. Aeos huddled, her knees drawn together awkwardly through the thick armor while she busied herself. Brightstar, who has long since gotten used to Aeos and not feeling too intimidated by the rather large difference in their position and rank scale plopped down next to the ASL sighing.  Aeos smiled.

“Good to be back Miss?”  Aeos queried.

“You’ve got no clue, meds were killing me,”
Aeos bit back a chuckle while she kept her eyes glued to the datapad.

“Miss, it was the lesser of two evils,”

“Don’t remind me, “ Bright muttered with a glare at her fingers.
Aeos stealthily snuck a glance away from her datapad, lingering it on  Jeg who was seated a few meters away for a split-second before her eyes darted back to the lettering of the azure screen.

He had just gotten back along with Gio from some special session time with Angel. The latter was doing a last minute check with Kami along with the other squad leaders.  A final word of good luck perhaps. Aeos and Jegora had little time to speak since meeting each other again in the simulator. She felt so confused. His emotions seemed recognize the familiar air between them yet his thoughts failed to process the memories. Not that he told her that, but judging from his behavior and skimming over his service record, Aeos had no other choice but to draw that conclusion. Searching through Jegora, and then noticing the MIA check against him, Aeos had her suspicions.

“Aeos, if you think I didn’t see that, then you’re really stupid, “ Bright muttered in a suddenly hushed voice, now staring at her gloves unceremoniously.

Aeos suddenly felt her face flaming up, if slightly drawing a mischievous glitter into Bright’s unusual eyes.
“Bright, you need to lay-off on those books Jelly bought you, because it ain’t like that, I met Jeg previously, under very stressful circumstances,  okay?”  Aeos muttered stirring in the small white-lie which might end up getting her into trouble as the awesomeness of the galaxy usually works.

Around the two women, the rest of the troopers were hushing and cluttering about in a quiet and orderly manner. No matter the experience level, but every soldier went through a short period of pre-mission jitters, and right now everyone was dealing with it as they saw fit. Whether this involved delving into a mystic trance, or chatting away fourteen clicks an hour. Everyone had different approaches to relieve themselves of pre-mission jitters.  Aeos cast a glance to Jager who was lazily staring off into nothingness, a cigarette hanging from his lips while he propped up his feet on his helmet.

“Aeos!”

Bright snapped her finger to Aeos, but the two were interrupted with Angel making a ceremonious entrance by banging his carbine against the entrance of the shuttle as he stepped in.

“Rightio, good to go!” he cried over to the pilot who scuffled up the small flight of stairs, squeezing past Angel and bee-lined for the pilot cockpit.

A sudden lull of excited foreboding settled across the small armor-covered crowd. The jitters were replaced with nervous yet calm excitement that spread like a contagious disease.
The shuttle roared subtly to life, yet the small lift of vibrations stirred everyone into anticipation. They were leaving the comfort-zone. The next moment they exit through that shuttle door, it will be enemy grounds, bloodied snow and kill or be killed.

***Some time later***

“Jesters, gather, be sharp,” Angel softly commanded, breaking the silence that had lingered between the nine seats where they had gathered. Were they nervous? No. The silence did not speak of nervousness. They were focused. Many lives will be destroyed today. This was not a game. They need to be wary.

The shuttle didn’t bother to even touch ground, and the troopers with little trouble jumped the two meters down with practiced ease.  Through the thick of the white haze, Aeos managed to identify the other squads also dropping down. She even imagined old Snipes yelling something crazy, though this howling wind had strange effects despite wearing the protective headgear.

“Jesters, I am interested in this job getting completed speedily yet effective. We have our briefing. The others have theirs. Don’t stray.”

Angel’s voice calmly spoke into her ear through the small earpiece. His voice was clear, firm and strong, a strong contrast to the muffled whines of the whipping snowy wind that raged outside their helmet’s interior.

With that, the squad began the small trek towards their target area in a formation of three different team groups.
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited December 5, 2008 10:40:12 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  406
Total Posts:  535
December 6, 2008 6:58:19 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sidled further away from the hole in the wall. The nearby tower of crates was swaying precariously. Just as he had predicted the crates came tumbling down one over another and crashed to the floor. The squads had taken up firing positions around the hole in the blast-doors awaiting the onrushing tide of enemy defenders to clear the breach.

They were left waiting for only a few minutes before the sound of clanking footsteps flowed through the breach from the corridor behind. Orobos raised his Heavy Blaster Rifle the stock resting against his should and pointed it in the general area of the hole which was the squad's killing zone. A short pause as the defenders stopped just short of running out into the open. Three grenades rolled into the storage bay. One rolling left the other right and another up the centre.

The squads leaped back into cover as the shrapnel and explosions tore up the area in which was about to be filled with the enemy. A few more of te skyscraper like crate stacks fell. The crates burst open sending ammunition, weapons and food packs sliding out across the floor. There was yelling and mercenaries came rushing into the stormtroopers' sights.

Orobos leaned out of cover and fired nailing one of the men right between the shoulder blades as he rushed of towards the other side of the hall. He fired another burst hitting two attackers simultaneously in the legs. Both of them fell forward one of them doing a kind of sideways roll landing on his back the others helmet sliding off and across the floor as well as his rifle.

The boy under the armour looked only to be sixteen or seventeen. Orobos raised his weapon and finished him and the other man off nevertheless as they both scrambled to secure their weapons. A lot of the enemy had made it past the killing zone and were now among the crates. Orobos moved from cover and ran around. He shot down a man who came running around the corner. Orobos moved quickly up to check the area.

A armoured fist came from the shadows and struck him in the side of his helmet. his armour absorbed most of the shock but he was still left dazed from the amount of force put behind it. He stumbled and raised his weapon. Too late. The giant mercenary reached him. Grabbing the secure chest plate of his shocktrooper armour the mercenary picked Orobos up and flung him a few feet into the crates.

This couldn't be a human, Orobos thought, the things taller then me!,

The unmistakable yodel of a wookie came from inside the helmet. The Wookie mercenary moved forward menacingly pulling out a machete from it's belt. Weapons belt had come loose and now lay just withing arms reach. His vibro-axe lay the handle pointing towards him. Ignoring this he pulled his DC-15 pistol from the belt and brought it up clutched in two hands as more crates fell from him impacting the tower. He fired off the whole clip. The mercenary stumble back several holes punched through his armour.

Orobos released the clip standing up quickly. As the steaming, empty clip hit the floor he had another slapped in. He unloaded the second clip into the mercenary the rounds impacting the armour. As the last round hit him square in the chest the wookie was blown off his feet and onto the ground. His chest was in tatters from where the two clips of the pistol had been fired.

Not breaking pace Orobos grabbed his weapons belt and strapped it on again. Picking up his rifle he returned to were his squad had pushed the defenders back and were slowly moving into the complex.

FTC/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1] - ([BoH][LoS][SRP]) 

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  400
December 6, 2008 7:57:23 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The BlackJacks were more than holding their own - they were pushing the mercenaries back. Several of the Stormtroopers pushed after, stretching their advantage whilst the Mercs fell back.

"Hold the line!" ordered Gates, "We have to hold the line until the others arrive! Do want to go in there and die, man? Hold the line!"

The soldiers caught out of position stiffly fell back to the make-shift defensive barricades they had hastily constructed.

Gates propped his DC-15 with bipod up onto a crate that had taken heavy fire. He sprayed a line of plasma at a trio of mercs huddled behind a few crates. Bright lights scattered all around the room, from lasers chewing away at cover in methodical shoot-outs to the occasional accidental ambush.

Gates managed to get another one of the men he was shooting at, by shooting him in the knee and then the neck, when he fell out of cover. The dead man's two surviving comrades returned fire.

"Garryll, I just encountered a wookie, killed the bastard, but, you know, they have wookies."

"Got it, Orobos, ah shit!"

Gates finished with a curse because several mercs had managed to get into the box maze before they could be mowed down. "Tank! Take my position!"

"Gotcha, boss!"

As the stormtroopers shifted position, Gates put his DC-15 back over his shoulder.

In response, he pulled the flamer over into his hands. Garryll checked the fuel gauge. Another 30 seconds of shooting left.

He flipped on his thermal imaging visor, looking for the mercs who'd managed to escape into the maze. Six of them- easy.

He climbed up on top of a half-dozen crates, prepped the flamer, and waited.

Quickly, the merc point man poked his head around the corner, and spotted Tank supressing a few others. He sighted, and waved the rest of his comrades up.

Gates whistled. All six looked up stupidly.

He hit the trigger, spewing 1000-degree flames onto the men, roasting them alive.

"Hell yes!" he yelled, pumping his fist.
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1184
Total Posts:  1849
December 6, 2008 9:37:21 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"For the early part, we're going to tag along with Jester and RAIDERS" Kanderin pointed to a map emblazening the wall across from him. The Wraith's all admired the line he was drawing under his thumb, leading from a dark x labelled 'Landing', to a huge grey circle. "Word is they're expecting us in numbers, so I think they'll be happy to have the extra manpower. Once inside, they'll head off to their objectives, and we'll go to ours"

"We're working with Angel and Snipes, you're not serious?" RK blabbed, trying not to shout the words.

"I know, they're not exactly the nicest people you'll ever meet. Snipes is a good guy though, and Angel follows suit, so don't worry too much. Don't let them order you around though, I'm your command. Oh and do Wraith proud and don't let them show us up, we did used to be spec ops" Kanderin smiled in response.

"Easier said than done..." Helena sighed. Kanderin simply coughed and carried on.

"So, once the defences are down, we're going hunting. Check every body for dogtags, armor emblazened with symbols, anything you think could be of use in identifying them. If we don't find anything, we'll carry on our way to their personnel computers, see what we can dig up in them. Weapons will be free from the moment we land, but remember I'm expecting you to search every man you down. If you miss something important, they'll be hell to pay"

The Wraiths nodded and got up, moving from their seats to collect up what pieces of their armor they still needed and their weapons. Kanderin followed suit and checked the cartridges on his weapons, before throwing his helmet over the rest of his armor and locking it in place. He hated the snowtrooper armor, it seemed to be the least comfortable type that he wore in the year, nor was it exactly flattering. The regular armor the squad were used to would add about ten pounds to your figure, but in a muscular way. The snowarmor would do the same, but it would make it all go to your thighs. And it was ugly, but maybe he was letting his inner fashion designer escape a little too much.

"Two minutes till landing" The pilots voice crackled over the intercom. Kanderin looked back once again and Helena responded with a thumbs up to signal the squad were ready, lining them up behind him.

"What are we expecting when we land?" She asked, tapping him on the shoulder.

"We should be relatively safe, afterall we wouldn't be able to land in the middle of a warzone. But still be ready for anything, it's not unheard of for guys like these to hide away and wait for the squad to depart before gunning them all down" Kanderin responded.

"Excuse me if I'm not confident then" Antos chimed in.

Kanderin laughed. "Relax guys, we'll be catching up with Jester and RAIDERS a few hundred metres to the North, then we'll be travelling in an about a twenty strong group. We'll definitely have the advantage over anyone we meet"

"It's not the mercenaries im scared of" Antos responded.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  408
Total Posts:  535
December 6, 2008 3:14:17 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos strolled behind Garryll feeling the heat of the flames, strong even through his armour. The butt of the rifle rested against his hip. He sent a few rounds towards a writing corpse Garryll had stepped over. They moved on the occasional scream and stream fire from up front interrupting the otherwise silent bay.

As the squad moved on moving around non the inside of their defensive ring around the hole in the blast doors there was a scream from above. Orobos looked up in time to see a group of six or seven mercenaries leaping down from the crates blades and pistols out and ready for close quarter fighting. One of them pushed heavily of the crates and towards him.

As he flew through the air towards him Orobos reached up and grabbed the man mid flight, without stopping he moved in one swift motion to turn him around head pointing down and with the man's momentum continued his journey face first to the rockcrete floor. A sicking crack met his ears as the man neck was snapped with the force.

Bringing up his rifle he slammed the end of it impacting the temple of Verkur's second assailant. Garryll hosed the rest of the men down their dying screams interrupted as the group finished them off with a shot from pistols and rifles. The squad walked back to were Tanus and Tank were. Tanus was on the radio to Paldin. Once he'd finished he turned to the group.

"I think that's all of them sir," Garryll said,

"Yeah. We can......" Tanus began but the sound of running filled the air and they all ducked down by the barricades readying their weapons.

There were no grenades this time but strangles war-cries and yelling came through followed by the people making the noise. They rushed headlong fire random sprays of fire in every direction. Blackjack retaliated with controlled, steady fire from their various weapons taking down the large group in their twos and threes as they rushed towards them.

The sound of gunshots only died away when the body of the last attacker fell slumped over the barricade it's armour resembling something that had been hurled through an asteroid field and them had Gate's flamethrower set of it.

"Let's hope that's the last of them," Orobos said slumping back against the crate he'd taken cover behind.

FTC/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1] - ([BoH][LoS][SRP]) 

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

Post Number:  146
Total Posts:  997
December 6, 2008 3:22:13 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer had been starring out the rear view port as the transport hurled itself towards the surface. Pilots liked calling it a 'controlled free fall' those not used to the maneuver usually ended up sick. Something had been nagging at him for a few minutes now, something about the place they were supposed to land at.

"Kand," He said, his voice coming out crackled from the helmet.

"What is it?"

"I think we are about to fall into a ambush. Look at the terrain we are going to land in, it's perfect for a ambush. I suggest a falling star landing." Joamer said.

"What is that?" Someone said. The shuttle rocked back and forth as the pilot kicked up the speed a might more.

"It's a tactic used when suspecting an ambush. You have the ship come in fast and quick, reverse thrust and skim the surface under fifteen feet. The troopers then simply jump out and land in a star pattern, their backs to one another."

"Why is it not taught in the Academy?"

Being an Instructor himself Joamer answered "Because it's dangerous, nine times out of ten you land safely, the other you end up breaking a leg. It's good for a suspected ambush though, since you land in combat formation."

"Squad, he is right. It's our best shot, this area was bugging me as well. When we jump, spin your body around and try to orient yourself with your backs to one another. With the snow, we should sink in a few feet, so that will both provide cover and hinder our movements. Shoot first and then worry about asking questions. We don't need our first steps onto this iceball to be our last." Kand said.

"You know how to perform a falling star?" Kanderin said to the pilot a few moments later.

"Yea, you folks be ready. We are coming in hot and fast."

Moments passed, the ship skimming the surface so close you could reach out and make a snow cone.

"Stage one of falling star complete, stage two commencing. Rear hatch opening, good luck and god speed." The intercom crackled.

Within seconds the transport reversed thrust, it's forward momentum was halted within heartbeats. With the rear hatch open, the squad jumped out at thirteen feet, most of them succeeded in orienting their bodies in the proper direction. Two ended up head deep in the snow drift.

Rising to chest height the others brought up their rifles or pistols and scanned the area, life sign readings came up nill, but they still remained vigilant. Minutes passed, even with the armor on, anyone who saw their landing would know where they were. No attack was forthcoming though.

"Wraiths, free yourself quickly, but remain on guard. They could just be waiting." Kanderin said as he began working his feet back and forth in the snow.

Ten minutes later the squad was standing on top of the snow, luckily it was hard enough to walk on, even if you sank in a half foot with every step. With the force of the landing though, each of them had sank in about four feet.

"Alright, the meeting point is only a couple hundred meters away. The drop ship left our sleds there so we are walking."

The squad spread out and began walking, even without his normal scanner package built into his suit Joamer knew someone, or thing, was watching them.

"Don't you wish we had brought those Tauntauns with us?" Helena said a couple minutes later, the normal pace the squad would set was slowed drastically. Snow hampered everyone, and in heavy armor it only made it worse.

Nearly an hour later four figures walked into a open area. Recent signs of repulsorlift activity were in evidence, three snowsleds were sitting in the center of the clearing. A half circle of rock face surround part of the clearing. Figures all around them suddenly stood up and took aim at the four people. Instantly the four dropped to one knee and took aim.

"You are surrounded, drop your weapons. Then we will decide on whether or not to shoot you." Someone standing half covered behind a rock said.

"You have us surrounded? Eighteen against four are decent odds. Or would be." Five figures stood up higher up the rock face and took aim. "I believe they have the advantage."

"Cocky as always. Alright, everyone stand down, we have a mission to proceed with. Kanderin, Helena would you join us down here please? We need to decide on how best to proceed."

"Wraith, find a spot and go to ground. Fill in the holes in their defense. We leave in one hour."

Standing up Joamer looked around, everyone had slung weapons on shoulders, or began working their way higher up for a better vantage point. Nodding to himself he began working his way up the rock face, time to find a vantage point and put his scope to good use.
Senior Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
Drill Instructor
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
DI/SSGT Joamer/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  208
Total Posts:  304
December 6, 2008 3:56:02 PM    View the profile of Jori 
The wind whipped through the air and against Jester squad, who were now close to their target area. The biting chill crept through Jori’s armor as he moved across the snow that blanketed the ground. He had felt it since the first moment he had left the shuttle and he had no doubt he would be feeling it for a while longer. Sighing, he focused on keeping his eyes on Gio, who was walking in front of him.

I can’t believe I’m actually in a squad with these guys. They are like the best of the best. Jeez. One day we were reduced to four members, then three when Bright got sick, and then we skyrocketed up to a nearly full squad and then finally a completely full squad when Bright recovered and came back. And now, Jester has some of the most experienced veterans still in active duty. It’s just unbelievable.

Off to his right, Jori saw Jager stumble. He moved over to help Jager up and received thanks. Nodding, he moved back to his spot just as they reached the “back door”. Angel poked his head through and looked around before waving the rest of the squad through. Jori held his submachine gun, the “Silent Death”, up as he moved through the door right behind Gio and Wicket. Moving over to the left, Jori searched around, looking for anything. He had nearly given up when he found what looked to be a turbolift. Stepping near it, he raised the Silent Death as the doors whooshed open. Seeing no one in there, he stepped forward and peered inside.

“Hey guys. I think I found a turbolift we can take.” Jori said over the comlink.

Aeos was the first on there, quickly followed by the rest of the squad. Nodding, Angel told them to look around some more to see if they could find anything else on this level and then they would take the turbolift. Jori nodded and moved on, looking for something note worthy. Noticing a blinking light in the corner of his eye, he turned and saw what looked to be a computer terminal. Moving towards it, he saw that it was activated. As he reached it, he set his hands on the keyboard. As soon as he did so, the screen cut on and he saw that it was a simple information database.

Hmm… I know nobody in the squad are good at slicing, so maybe I’ll take my chances at it.

Getting to work, he skipped over all the stuff that was meant to be seen and headed right to the hidden files that were hidden for a reason. He sliced through a few security checks and managed to access an important encrypted file. Though he was good enough to find, in no way was he good enough to be able to encrypt it. Looking around in a few drawers on the side of the terminal, he found a disk. Inserting the disk into the terminal, he copied the encrypted file and moved on to other files, searching for ones that would be useful. Any encrypted file he came across, he copied onto the disk. When he finished, he ejected the disk and walked over to where Angel was looking around at.

“I found a terminal over there and I sliced into. I found a ton of encrypted files and a few other files that looked promising. I copied them onto this disk.” Jori said, handing the disk over to Angel.

Angel nodded and Jori turned away.

Now, maybe if we can find a better terminal, I might be able to get more files off of it because that terminal was only limited to a certain part of the database and I wasn’t good enough to bypass the security systems that protected the other parts.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2673
Total Posts:  3342
December 6, 2008 5:02:15 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Jori's partially successful attempt at slicing into the computer terminal told Angel one thing: Without a slicer in their squad, they needed help. Patting the Corporal on the shoulder, he turned to the squad. "Let's get a move on." He shouldered his SLAR rifle and started to move through the chilly corridor, when the turbolift behind them whined as it came down. The entire squad whirled and assumed defensive positions, bringing their various weapons to bear. As the lift settled to a halt and the door began to open, Angel lowered his rifle.

A squad of snowtroopers stared blankly back at the Jesters, their weapons also raised in preparation of an ambush. From the posture of the trooper in front, Angel identified them as Raider squad.

"Nice of you boys to join us." Angel quipped at Snipes.

"Hey, not my fault these damn lifts take forever." The surly sergeant replied, kicking the side panel of the lift. "Why, there something your squad of ancients couldn't handle?"

The rest of the Raiders chuckled at their SL's jab at Jester, but Angel just shrugged and replied, "Yeah, we were barely able to polish off the rum."

"Why is the rum always gone..." Snipes tossed back, feigning hurt as his squad filed off the lift. "Well, you ladies have a wonderful day, we're going to go frag some officers." Motioning to his troopers they took off down a side corridor in search of their prey.

"OK Jester, let's move." Aeos commanded, taking point. Angel fell into step next to her and the rest of the squad followed suit. They proceeded in standard two by two formation Aeos and Angel in the lead, Gio and Sam bringing up the rear.

As they quickly marched, Angel took careful note of their surroundings. The walls of the facility seemed to be dug out from the ice, with rudimentary lighting strung along the hallway intermittently. There was a constant stream of water running down the middle of the floor which was covered with makeshift durasteel grating. The poor lighting resulted in a lot of dark spots which could easily hide trip mines and other nasty traps.

Silently cursing the restrictive vision the snowtrooper helmets offered, he decided to make an executive decision. Holding up one clenched fist, he was about to speak when a laser bolt flew past his head.

Without a moment's hesitation, Jester flew into action. Angel and Gio both dropped into prone positions bringing their rifles to bear. Brightstar, Wicket and Aeos retreated to the right side of the corridor, while Jeg, Jager and Jori went for the left side. Sam kept his eye on the rear, making sure the squad didn't get surrounded.

Blaster bolts started to rain down on the squad from the end of the hallway at which a T-junction could be seen. Angel snapped off a couple shots to try and drive their attackers back to cover.

"Jager! Jori!," Angel shouted over the roar of the firefight. "We'll cover you." The two troopers nodded, and the rest of Jester opened a wide swath of bolts and slugs on the corridor.

The return fire stopped momentarily under the oppressive firepower Jester brought to bear, allowing Jager and Jori to advance up the hallway. Reaching the junction, they each pressed against opposite walls. Hoisting their weapons, they nodded to each other and fired down the opposing hallways to drive the enemy back.

Seizing this opportunity, the rest of Jester followed their lead and sprinted up the hallway. Taking the lead, Angel kept running and ran out from the cover of the walls into the middle of the junction. Getting his first real glimpse of what they were up against, he noted five soldiers down the left side, six down the right. Emptying the last few rounds from his rifle, he downed one of the enemy soldiers and clipped another, then rolled back to cover to slap another clip into his SLAR.
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1188
Total Posts:  1849
December 6, 2008 5:21:15 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Funny thing is, I cant ever remember splitting away from Jester"

Kanderin smiled to himself at Helena's comment, before signalling Joamer to help him scan the next two corners.

"Thats because we were never actually with them, always about fifty feet behind. Thought you guys'd prefer it that way"

"Would of liked it better if you'd of let us prank them before we had to dash off though" RK added in.

"I don't want you idiots causing trouble, thats why!" Helena shouted forward.

"You big spoil sport, I had cards and stun grenades all prepared too" Kanderin winked back, disappearing around the corner.

"Suppose we could still use them if they come into our vision again" Rk added, following Kand around the corner.

"No" Helena finished, the last one to move.

Wraith had heard Jester absorb a lot of the gunfire shortly before departing, but that had unfortunately managed to drive away any resistance Wraith would of me. A few times Kanderin had considered going back to offer help, but he was sure a squad of their calibre would be fine on their own. That and Angel would probably take it offensively anyway. Instead he settled on being close by, so that he could call for help if they were needed.

One man was the largest group they faced, but he was easily dispatched as he blindly stumbled into the squad, Kanderin taking the chance to insert a small knife into his neck. It took the squad less than a minute to then scan the body, and store it away in the next storage room they could find.  It unfortunately then took them several more to work out which way they were to go. The maps of the complex they found pinned to the walls were far bigger and more confusing than they had ever expected. There were no obvious "You are here" labels, so anyone without a knowledge of the complex had no idea where they stood on the map.

"We go this way" Kanderin finally decided, storming off in a random direction after constant arguing back and forth in the squad.

"To look for what anyway? If we're looking for the personnel rooms I'm pretty sure its that way..."

"Ten seconds before that you thought it was the other way" Helena snarled, slapping Antos playfully around the head.

Antos was about to hit her back when a blaster bolt came very close to beating him to it, cutting a sizeable amount of her armor loose from her arm but somehow sparing the flesh. She responded by simply hitting the ground and drawing her weapon, stuck in a piece of the hallway and unable to roll to any better cover. Luckily however Kanderin, Joamer and Leon had managed to find a better place to set up, and were laying heavy fire into the currently unknown numbers. With Kanderin's free hand while he was reloading, he signalled back to Helena and the rest with Wraith sign language. There were at least five in the immediate vicinity, but they appeared to be communicating with more that he couldn't see.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3594
Total Posts:  3940
December 6, 2008 6:09:37 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes kept his rifle at the ready, left hand under the barrel, with his index finger wrapped around the trigger for the under barrel shotgun. He didn't bother having it to his shoulder at this point, but he could bring it up at any point. He'd also removed the damnable snowtrooper helmet, it clinked around on his lift side, hung from the belt by the chin strap. This also allowed him to have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. It was the real reason he'd taken it off in the first place.

Snipes was completely against the hallways. Dark, murky, smelly, fairly cold and so far not a sign of anyone. Snipes hated days like these. He still really wanted to kill something and nothing would show.

“They're going to need a better slicer than that kid.” Virius was suddenly next to him.

“Don't worry about it. I'm sure Angel has some plan, it probably involves something messy.”

“If you're sure.”

“Yeah, I need you here so that when we find a terminal I can get a better frickin' layout of this place.”

“DROP!” Virius yelled, pulling Snipes down.

Snipes looked over at him, Well that wasn't the reply I was expecting. Snipes turned his attention to the hallway. Wonderful. Blaster fire ripped at the walls and ground around them. Snipes armor was grazed a couple times, but somehow he wasn't hurt. He could make out the E-Web though, the only reason they stopped firing was because of the poor lighting, and the damn fools had taken out a good deal of that.

“RB! Barbeque!” Snipes yelled, he pulled up his LAR, took aim at the emplacement crew, they were about to burst again when the ones manning the E-Web mysteriously lost their throats.

Before anyone else could take their place RB lept up, and in three bounds was close enough to open up the flame carbine, covering them all in sticky, deadly fire. Some of them still tried to move or fight, but the rest of RAIDERS were advancing and quickly gave new assholes to all that hadn't run. There was clear evidence that some had run, if nothing else the bits of fire smoldering on the floor of the opposing hallway was enough.

“Snipes, I got a live one, officer.” Snipes turned to Gaz.

“Does he look like he knows anything?”

“He's a captain.”

Snipes turned and walked to where Gaz was standing. Sure enough, there was an officer curled up in a somewhat siting position between the wall and one of the crates that had served as their makeshift barricade. He had clearly been hit by the flame thrower, half his body was bubbled and crisped, the armor for the most part had melted away or fused with what remained of his skin. He head had gotten it pretty bad, it was almost burned to the skull, his lips had sealed together, his eye lids were gone. He just sat there shaking.

“He's in shock.” Snipes looked down, the grate was missing from that part of the floor, used as part of the barricade. It was clear he'd splashed into the small stream, somehow putting the flames out, “He must have been one tough hombre though, to still be conscious. What a shame. Shoot him.”

“He's going to die anyway.”

Snipes cocked his head back at the corporal and with a wry smile said, “He's going to spend enough time burning in hell, might as well send him on an express.”

Gaz pulled out his sidearm and with one bullet sent him to another hot place. Snipes looked around, wasn't much to the barricade and all those that were around had been silenced. He turned his attention to the E-Web. He looked it over a couple times, no point leaving it still functioning. Snipes flicked the safety off his rifle and filled the power supply full of lead.

“Alright, nothing more to see here. Lets get a move on. We need to find a terminal, get a layout.”

“I thought our mission was to take down officers.”

Snipes looked over at Dante. “If you want good prey you have to find their natural habitat. Officers love rooms that make them sound important. Any sort of command center, choke point or communications room is going to have a few.”
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
SL/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.  - H. L. Mencken
Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  758
Total Posts:  2175
December 6, 2008 7:03:54 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora pressed up against the right-hand wall, just behind Jager. Aeos and Bright lined up behind him, and the other five Jesters pressed up against the left hand wall.

“Five hostiles on the left, six on the right,” Angel informed the squad after taking a peek around the corner. “Who has flashbangs?”

Wicket, Bright, and Jori each raised a hand. Motioning to the two senior troopers, Angel informed them of the plan. “On my mark, toss ‘em as far down each hall as you can.”

Nodding, the two troopers moved to the front of their respective lines. Angel began a slow countdown. “3…2…1...NOW!”

Jegora watched as Bright and Wicket pulled the pins on their grenades and tossed the them around the corners. After a short delay there was an unmistakable bang, accompanied by a brutal flash of light. Angel wasted no time in ordering the squad around the corners, and Jegora followed Jager around the corner, the two men skirting around Brightstar. As he entered the corridor Jegora brought his submachine gun to his shoulder, searching through the telescopic sights for any hostiles, and hoping he wouldn’t get shot in the back.

One enemy, who was probably blinded and disoriented from the blast, staggered out from behind his cover. There wasn’t much showing, just the top of his head and an arm, but it was enough. Taking a deep breath and training the easy-to-aim sights on his newly acquired target, Jegora depressed the trigger and let loose a three round burst from his 10mm weapon. All three slugs found their mark, connecting with a wet thump as the hostile trooper fell to the floor, his upper body slumping into the middle of the hallway. He was missing the top half of his head.

“Bogey down,” Jegora said automatically upon confirming his kill.

“Nice shot,” Aeos commented. Jegora grunted and went back to work, making sure that if anything stepped into the open view would die a very quick and brutal death.

Unfortunately, the rest of the enemy troopers were smart enough to stay behind the barricades they had set up for cover. Sighing silently to himself, Jegora stopped his advance nearly twenty meters from the crates, keeping his gun to his shoulder just in case any of the bad guys decided to pop their heads up.

“We have two down over here,” Sam said after a moment. “The rest are holding behind their barricades.”

“Same thing on this side,” Aeos commented. “Any ideas?”

There was a moment of silence, and then Jager unclipped a thermal detonator from his belt. “We could always burn ‘em out,” he said, his voice only slightly laced with sarcasm. There was yet another moment of silence.

“Do it,” Angel ordered.

Once again Jegora took the observers role. Jager took a moment to figure out just where he wanted to throw, and then played with the timer on the detonator. A few seconds later he depressed the safety, and tossed it gently over the enemy barricade. On the other side, Jori did the same. As one the Jesters turned back towards the intersection. A split second later the two detonators exploded simultaneously.

The first thing Jegora noticed after the initial explosion was the screams. The baradium explosive in each detonator instantly ignited anything within its blast radius, and the enemy troopers were no exception. After a moment the screams ceased, and only the occasional groan could be heard.

“Alright boys and girls, lets mop this up,” Angel said.

As the Jesters advanced on the barricades, Jegora heard someone say, “Well, in any case, they know we’re here now.”
[This message has been edited by Jegora (edited December 6, 2008 7:09:05 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jegora (edited December 6, 2008 7:34:15 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  260
December 6, 2008 7:08:15 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun got up and dusted the wood pieces from his armor. There lay about 12 dead mercenaries around the area.

"We better get inside, if this didn't alert anyone then they have a major problem with their security." Lucky said.

Everyone came out of where ever they were taking cover and met up near the front of the door. They slowly approached the door, Zeshaun felt uneasy even though they had just taken out two squads worth of soldiers. Alan went up and pressed the button, the door didn't open.

"It was worth a try." Alan said shrugging.

The squad laughed, "Let's blow this door." Lucky said.

She placed 4 remote explosives on the hinges and where the bolt should be if there was one. They went back around the corner. Everyone got their weapon's ready and Lucky pressed the detonator, the explosion sent snow back around the corner, Lucky ran into the snow screen.

"Can't see a damn thing!" Zeshaun said into the comm.

"Everyone switch to thermal visors!" Lucky orderd.

Immediately the world became clearer but was in a strange assortment of colors, red, orange, purple, and blue. Zeshaun took hold of his submachine gun and reloaded it. He checked to make sure his machine pistol had a full clip in it.

"Keep your head's up, we don't want to be ambushed." Alan reminded everyone.

Zeshaun felt his palm's start to get sweaty and he loosened his grip on his gun. No need to be nervous, it's just another mission Zeshaun told himself.

The snow in the air cleared and Zeshaun turned his thermal visor off. The halls were darker than he expected. They were lighted with lamps every 10 feet or so.

"Why haven't we encountered anyone yet?" Nick muttered.

"I don't know about you but enjoy not being shot at for a while." Zeshaun said.

"That's true but it's strange that we haven't even seen anyone after going such a heavy guard force" Lucky said

Just as Zeshaun was about to counter with a smartass comment a blaster bolt flew by hi arm. "Looks like we spoke to soon." He said.

They got as much cover as they could against the nearly flat walls, but they couldn't find an enemy.

"There!" Requiem yelled.

Everyone turned and saw a turret on the wall. They have turrets? What kind of funds do these mercenaries have. Zeshaun thought quickly holstering his submachine gun, it would be useless against an immobile object. He got his rifle again.

"Everyone aim for the base of the turret, that's it's weak spot." Alan ordered.

Zeshaun blasted a whole cliip into toward the base but only one or two shot's hit Damn that thing is hard to hit. Zeshaun said frustrated that his shot's were missing.

The turret fell to the ground, "Nice shot Nova." Alan said.

Nova roared back "(Thanks)"

Zeshaun put his rifle back and got his submachine gun again. He knew it would be more useful against the mercenaries that he was expecting. The hall way lead into a larger room that had several hallways coming into it. Zeshaun heard voices coming from another hallway. The squad looked at each other and hid as best as they could in their hallway waiting to jump on the unaware mercenaries.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  585
Total Posts:  1385
December 6, 2008 9:41:03 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
If it was one thing Saphira hated, it was wearing the Snowtrooper outfits. Considerign all else she  hated that it made her look more like a clunk of plastic with the modded version of her helmet.

Not that it mattered now. Amidst  her squad she  was too occupied as  bolts of blaster fire  shot past her head. Splatterign into the wall behind her and leaving a smoking charred mark on the walls.

At least I can still see..

Saphira mused as she rolled to the right andplastered herself to the wall. Shooting out her free hand she shot back and took one of the enemie down with a shriek. The sound was never plesent, but the fight was. Another mission and this one huge! It was only when Gates whistled and they all looked up to see  Gates press the button to the flamer and set out the  jets of flame.  They all cheered, Saph included.

"Way to Go Gates! Make em Burn!! "

She shot out and moved from her position. It was  hardly over as th emaze would be nothign but a nest of  traps and  corners to hide in. With the  screaming dying down  they moved forward and Saph picked up a fallen  blaster and poked the overdone remains.

"Wow Gates.. Next time we have a BBQ, lets not have you cook the meat.."

She smiled and heard a few chuckles as they    saw another wave of men comming back . Her eyes looking over she  hit her sensors and saw they wre carrygn bigger weapons this time.

"Uh-oh.."

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  75
December 6, 2008 11:14:58 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood with his back rammed along a large metal wall with his squad members in front of him and behind him Requiem couldn't help himself from working up a sweat but he hardly wanted his hand's to become clammy while he held his weapon. okay get ready a group of mercenaries ran past their separate hallway and signaled to another group in a large desperation attempt to get to the front lines and back toward the main Storage bay door to fight off the oncoming Trooper's in the distance. Requiem reached up to his IvP-18 S-FOX Machine Pistol and than reloaded them in a blurring motion and jumped from his cover.

His squad followed suit and hit 2 of the mercenaries in the large group. Nova looked to the group and began to get angry eager enough to get this objective done he threw a small C-22 fragmentation grenade in the mercenaries direction , Requiem watched as the fragmentation Grenade landed ahead of the mercenaries, for them it was too late and the paladin squad, shielded their eye's from the large glare of the Grenade setting off

" Damn this is getting annoying. . . " Zeshaun said out loud as a group of mercenaries ran across the hallway near it's exit, Requiem couldn't stifle back a laugh as if to say he knew the feeling all to well, Lucky placed her hand out as if to silence him and than signal to strafe ahead.

" your telling me " Requiem was restless and said it under his breath on a small tone over his ComLink, and than looked to the rest of the squad intent on finishing their objective.

" This Way! " The squad slammed their back's to the wall as mercenaries ran past them into the hallway behind them. false alarm. . . this is really getting to everyone Requiem followed behind his squad watching their back as they rounded the corner into a large mess hall. the squad looked into it as they were on a somewhat tall balcony, The squad's eyes widened in astonishment as they saw large number's of mercenaries stocking up on large weapons on metal rack's in a small line formation and boarding into large Land Vehicles and setting up turret's.

" Seems this is taking longer than planned. . . " Alan said under his breath.

Requiem looked around his person and than grabbed a small detonation pack. Requiem looked to the rest of his squad and did the same gesture, they all nodded consecutively and than set up their own devices and continued with their plan.

" Well if were getting this done let's do it right "Requiem smiled and than went in his personal direction to place their detonation's, Requiem wasn't the only member of the paladin squad knowing that splitting up right now was a bad idea but it had to be done for the sake of the troopers fighting to keep the peace outside and inside the large Storage bay and get rid of this menace.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet Novice

Pawn of Dragons

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  46
Total Posts:  51
December 7, 2008 12:04:00 AM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
Big guns didn’t bother Dinin much.  In fact, he quite liked big guns.  They were usually shiny, had a lot of pay-load, made very nice THUNK-ing sounds when they fired and usually made very nice hell with Dinin’s enemies.  Sure, they weren’t his favorite type of weapon, he preferred to see his enemies a little closer when he ended their lives.  It was more personal.  But he still liked the heavy weapons...

...When they were not pointed at him.

This new wave of mercs were packing, and they were packing very very heavy.  And they were aiming those weapons at Dinin and his squad mates.  His pistols weren’t going to be enough this time.  He hunkered behind the crates and quickly holstered his dual DC-15 pistols, and swung his DC blaster-rifle over his shoulder.

He patched his comlink through to his squad mates and to those of Paladin squad.

“We have some very big boots coming to stamp out the garden of civilization that we of the Vast-Empire are trying to plant in the flower bed of dissension.”

“What the hell are you talking about Dinin?” barked Garryll.

Dinin sighed.  “They have heavy weapons at 12 o’clock getting ready to blow us full of holes, sir.”

“Well let’s beat them to the punch, Corporal.”

“Yes sir!  With pleasure.”

He motioned to Saph to move forward, and as she strafed from one cover to the next, he tossed a grenade at the feet of a merc holding a gattling blaster and sprayed a salvo of auto-fire into a few men that tried to dive for the grenade with the intentions of sending it back at Dinin.  When asked about the grenade, Dinin liked to say that it blew the balls off of the man he threw it at.  In actuality, the blast tore the man’s legs off, sending him flying backwards as the power-pack of his oversized blaster overloaded and had a massive discharge taking out five more mercs while also causing someone to accidently release a rocket from it’s launcher.

Unfortunately, it had already been aimed at him so the only accidental thing about it was it’s slightly off-center trajectory that left the crates next to Dinin sporting a freshly smoldering hole and leaving him with the impression that he’d be pulling splinters out of very funny places for a few days after the mission.

He dived into a cover as Saph reached her new position and continued to work the line of mercs, trying to keep them from getting to an advantageous firing position with the very deadly firepower they had brought to bear.
Black Jack Squad
Corporal Dinin Parker
TRP/CP Pawn of Dragons/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  577
Total Posts:  794
December 7, 2008 3:37:51 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
The smoldering corpses filled the air with the aroma of iron and torched clothing. The black scorches made all minute details of the floor and walls indistinguishable. The Jesters moved quickly beyond their fallen foes.

Echoes of more enemies rang down the hall alerting Jester to their approach. Within a mere moment, four more troopers rounded the corner. There was no command needed. The squad instinctively aimed and fired without remorse. The men had no time to react and fell silently to the ground without a single shot returned.

Jegora led the team further down the corridor. All still maintaining a watchful eye upon any intersection they passed through along with each door they passed.

Aeos spoke up a minute later, “Looks like we may find what we need in here.” She gestured to a door marked with a placard reading “To Mainframe.”

Angel nodded in agreement, “I would suspect that the mainframe would have technicians we could persuade to do our dirty work. Sam and Gio took the flanks on either side of the door, where Jegora and Jori covered the opposite side of the corridor. Angel followed up by Brightstar and Aeos burst through the door.

“It is all clear,” retorted Brightstar after a few seconds of analysis, which signaled the remainder of the squad to fall in behind the others. The room was nothing more than a landing to flights of stairs.

“I’ll hang back for a bit as the rest of you proceed to make sure that we don’t get assaulted from behind,” Sam said. Jester’s leaders nodded in affirmation. Jester troopers began to file down the stair well with weapons at the ready.

The footsteps of Jester rumbled throughout the stairwell. The Zabrak at the top of the stairs had felt he had waited long enough and started to traverse down to catch up with the rest of his comrades. He kept his weapon pointed up towards the entry point.

I hope that this will lead us to what we need.
Jager
ComNet Cadet

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  630
December 7, 2008 6:24:09 AM    View the profile of Jager 
Jester slowly made its way down the three flights of stairs to bottom floor which housed the mainframe. A moderately sized, slightly rusted blast door greeted them as they descended the final steps.

"Just when you thought it was going to be easy, eh" Jager stated as he walked up and gave the door a quick tap. 

Sam headed back up a flight with Jori to make sure there weren't any surprises coming Jesters way, while the rest of the squad pondered on a way to overcome this new hurdle.

"We cant go under it" Jager smirked as he recalled a rhyme from his childhood,

"We cant go over it" Ae added

"Then we go straight through it" Angel finished

Jager raised a finger in objection, "That's not how it goes... but I'll give you points for originality"

With that Jager got back to his feet and moved back over to the blast door to take a closer look. The thing was ancient, and at best guess it was only there to prevent a fire or some other form of outside force from damaging the precious equipment inside. Then again, this entire facility was probably used for something else long before these mercenaries reappropriated it so the doors actual use would have to left up to speculation.

"Do you know anything about blast doors Corporal?" Aeos asked as she walked over next to him and examined the door.

"I'd be lying if I said I did... but its all common sense really" he replied with that familiar mix of sarcasm, overconfidence and arrogance that was synonymous with anything that left his mouth.

A set steel guide rails, one high, one low, ran out from the left hand side of the door. Slowly Jager strode over and began examining them. They looked weak, strong enough to support the doors weight, but not strong enough to survive a close proximity blast.

"Thermals" He announced, spinning around on his heel to face the squad, "I need about five and I guarantee that this door will come down"

"It wont, its a blast door... it's supposed to survive those sorts of things" Jegora stated as he walked over towards the door to check it for himself,

"What do you suggest, we go out and find someone who knows how to open it, then ask them politely if they could?... Last time I checked their up there shooting everything that moves" Jager retorted

"At least we wont waste five thermals" was all Jegora said as he finished his inspection .

"Well then, Fearless leader...  Jager queried as he turned to Angel hoping for some sort of support for his 'Lets use copious amounts of explosives' plan "what do you think"

Angel stared at the door for a few seconds before saying anything "Your plan is full of assumptions and poor logic... but we have nothing else, give him the grenades"

"In your face" Jager rejoiced as each squad member handed him a thermal.

Jegora stood shaking his head slowly, "Thousand credits says this doesn't work"

"Your on, prepare to lose a thousand credits"

Immediately Jager got to work placing the detonators on the wall supports that held the top bar up while the rest of the squad moved back up a flight of stairs to get out of the blast zone. Jager was no explosives expert, and like most times when handling any form of explosive device he was reminded of why he was in the Corps, and why he was minus a right hand.

The thermals were armed but not put on a timer. Jager was counting on one explosion to trigger the rest of them.  Setting '1:30' on the final thermals timer, Jager moved back up the stairs to join the squad.

"Ready?" Angel asked

"In about a minute twenty we'll be inside" Jager replied

One minute and thirty seconds doesn't seem like that long normally, but when waiting for explosives it seems like years. The entire squad stood in silence as they waited for the inevitable... and they waited... and they waited...

"You did turn them on, didnt you?" Jegora queried as he eyeballed Jager,

"No, I thought it'd be funny if I jus.." Jager began before an all mighty roar echoed up from the ground floor, causing Jager to hit the ground and the rest of the squad to shield themselves.

After pulling himself to his feet Jager hastily descended the stairs to check if his plan was successful. A large scorch mark now adorned the wall were the thermals had been placed. The dust began to settle after a few seconds revealing something unexpected.... The moderately sized, rusted blast door was still standing as if nothing had happened.

Jager simply dropped to his knee's and began screaming profanities.

"I'll take my credits when we get back" Jegora stated triumphantly

Bright was the only one to walk over and actually check the door, and with a simple nudge the moderately sized, rusted door creaked and began to fall towards her. The sergeant quickly side-stepped the falling door as it slammed into the ground, kicking up more dust.

Jager immediately jumped to his feet and began pumping his fist in the air.

"FUCK YEAH, JAGER WINS AGAIN" He announced turning to Jegora, "I'll take my credits when we get back"

Jegora began to shake his head, "No..."

Jager quickly began to nod, "Yes"

"No... because you didnt bring the door down, Bright did"

Jager's jaw dropped to the scorched, dust covered ground.

"Bantha Shit, Angel..."

"Enough" Angel ordered, "We've wasted to much time here... Bright brought the door down, Congratulations Sergeant.", Causing Bright to smirk and give a quick bow.

"But" Jager began before Angel raised his hand to cut him off,

"No buts, Lets get in there and get this done. Jeg, Take point"

Jager stood dumbfounded as the squad reassembled itself and began to move down the long corridor that the blast door was covering, which in turn led to the mainframe room.

"Sam, we're moving, come down" Angel announced over the comm before turning to the still shocked and slightly confused corporal.

"I said no buts, get moving"

"Yes Sarge" Jager replied, giving his squad leader a half-arsed salute before raising his weapon and moving into the corridor.
Jester Squad
RBA/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
==Gandhi is dandy but Liquor is quicker ==
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  404
December 7, 2008 7:17:03 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
BlackJack fired back at the heavy mercs. A half dozen fell before they could even identify where the fire came from, even though more than two dozen of their comrades had died trying to clear the way.

Gates snickered, and sent another line of plasma fire from his mounted DC into a merc; huge holes erupted in the man's chest, sending him to fall backward into his own charred guts.

Gates kept the trigger pulled while he traced it across a man toting what looked like an E-web without the tripod. The Stormtrooper shrugged, then shot him in the neck.

One of the soldiers turned in his direction and sprayed fire from a Z6 chaingun. Gates wiggled back from his cover, and tried to find new cover. Boxes shattered in all directions, spraying the air, which was already full of snow, vaporized blood, and laser fire.

He ducked behind a metal box, counting his blessings that not all these boxes were flimsy pieces of crap. He popped up, and continued firing, but there were only a few mercs left uninjured, and they were dragging their comrades behind them like sacks of potatoes.

Tanus' voice filled the comm channel. "Most of the rest of the Stormtroopers are on the ground! Move in!"

"To the door! Cover each other!" added Gates.

The soldiers of BlackJack stacked the door where a dozen or more mercenaries had come out of, prepared to infiltrate the base. Fortunately, the door was so badly marked with laser fire that it wouldn't close, as the mechanism had melted and the door was distorted. Blood was trickling from the bodies of a half-dozen dead mercs, staining the Stormtroopers' boots with crimson.

Gates poked his head into the opening, saw nothing, and walked in. His comrades followed suit, and put their backs to each wall, covering 360 degrees. Gates led the right-hand wall line, Tanus the left. A four-way intersection came up. Garryll and Tanus poked their heads around the corners, lacking any slip-cams or other really useful gear.

"Chief, I've got two guards on my side, talking."

"Same here, Gates. We have to take 'em out. These two are guarding a terminal, it looks like, and there's a third guy on my side."

Gates turned, gestured for the second stormtrooper in line, in this case Orobos, to take his position; he dashed across the intersection, silent as night itself, despite being in an awkward suit. Tanus was there a step ahead of him, with Saph as his other shooter.

"On my count- 3. 1, 2, Mark!" Tanus said into the comms, firing his Samurai Edge at the left guard, Saph hitting the right; Gates DC-15 shot melted the back of his target's head, Orobos hit his man in the lower torso, then to finish him, in the upper torso. Five shots, four kills.

The BlackJacks ran up to what looked like a tech, and took him prisoner.

"Boss, what are we going to do? We can use the terminal, but what about this tech?" asked Gates, slapping a set of durable, plastic binders on the man's wrists.
Helena
ComNet Member

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  309
Total Posts:  508
December 7, 2008 8:02:47 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena peered around from one of the corners, she saw Kanderin giving some secret hand signals. She knew exactly what they meant, and he was unfolding a plan to them. The fires coming straight at them were coming from 5 visible people. She knew there must be more hiding somewhere, but she didn’t know where. This was something she’d just have to find out. The chunk of armour she had missing was still on the floor, she quickly picked it up and shoved it into her pouch bag she happened to be carrying on her back just in case she needed it like now for example.

“Guys, we need to move quickly, I know there’s more people but not sure where” She voiced over the comlink.

“There could be millions!” Joamer freaked, firing some rounds around the corner.

“I doubt it” She reassured him, also returning a few fires.

Kand signalled a few more signs before moving swiftly into another hiding spot. As Helena and the rest were about to follow, a few shots aimed at their feet. They were stopped in their tracks. They easily out numbered the enemy, but they were open to fire, they quickly shot a few rounds before following Kand down some corridors. They were coming up to a clearing, they luckily had lost them. This clearing had an option of 5 doors, of which were numbered, and extremely old. They still had a lock and key method of locking.

“Which one are we trying first?” RK asked.

“Not sure, what takes your fancy?” Kanderin replied, scratching his chin.

“I pick this one” Helena said.

“But it’s locked…” Antos replied, trying to heave it open and shrugging.

“Not a problem!”

Helena took her helmet off and placed it on the ground. Everyone looked at her puzzled as she frantically searched through her hair for a hair pin. She then fixed her hair up and placed her helmet on.

“This had better work now…” Kand sighed.

She walked up to the door and knelt on her knees. She placed the pin into the lock and began twisting and turning it, making it click and chink. The door then flew open, and Helena rose to her feet, polishing her knuckles.

“What, these things have more than one purpose” she winked.

The squad moved in and started to search it. There were many filing cabinets and computers. The room was set like an office/study.  The computer screens were set to a login page which required a username and a password. Antos and Kand were already set to cracking and hacking into them. Helena and the rest were searching through the reams of paper that lay in the cabinets.
Sergeant Helena
Drill Instructer
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/SGT Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP][ES1]
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  263
December 7, 2008 9:43:22 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was very nervous about splitting up but he wasn't one to argue with his squad leader. He went down a hallway lined with doors gripping his submachine gun as if he were trying to choke it. A door suddenly slid open, Zeshaun tensed.

A man came out of the door and stretched, obviously he had just woken up, How can you not have been awakened by the shooting going on. Zeshaun thought rolling his eyes.

Zeshaun jumped out from behind a pillar and shot the man in the stomach, causing him to crumple and die on the floor. Zeshaun dragged the man back into the room and locked the door. Zeshaun searched the room and took off his helmet, he wiped his forehead. He sat on the bed and rested for a moment. Zeshaun heard a group of footsteps outside and quickly put on his helmet.

A loud bang hit the door. "Wake up! We've been infiltrated!" A voice yelled through the door.

"Uh.. Okay." Zeshaun said trying to change his voice.

He heard the footsteps fade away and he got up and opened the door. Zeshaun saw the heel of a man turning the corner. Zeshaun looked both ways and then went the opposite way of the large group that had just passed.

"You go that way..." Zeshaun heard a women's voice giving orders.

"Yes ma'am." The sound of footsteps got louder as Zeshaun walked.

Oh, Hell. Zeshaun thought getting out his shotgun.

A group of 4 men turned the corner just as Zeshaun had loaded his shotgun. Luckily Zeshaun had surprise on his side and was able to get off a shot before they could. His initial shot took all of them to the ground, not dead but out of commission. He gave them one more shot just to make sure they were dead.

If that didn't catch the attention of everyone in a 50 foot radius, I don't know what wiill. Zeshaun thought running down the hall. He put the shotgun away his shotgun. He grabbed his submachine gun and kept it ready.

"I heard the shots coming from this direction." Zeshaun could hear a group of voices.

That can't be good, Zeshaun thought There are at least 8 men in that group Zeshaun turned abruptly and ran as fast as he could the other way, trying doors on his way to see if any of them were unlocked. When Zeshaun thought he was doomed he found a door that was unlocked. He quickly ran in and locked the door.

"What the?" A man got up from his bed.

Shit Zeshaun thought. He jumped onto the man in the bed and started beating him over the head with his gun. I can't let him call out for help. After a few minutes of struggling the body stopped moving and Zeshaun got off.

He heard the steps run past the door and the voices trailed off. Zeshaun let out a sigh, Why is this so difficult? Zeshaun thought to himself.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1127
Total Posts:  1795
December 7, 2008 10:10:35 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan wasn’t very happy with the order to split up but Lucky was the squad leader and what she said went.  He watched the squad members spread out and go into different directions.  Good luck he thought as he watched them leave. 

He grabbed both his blasters and held them in his hands, his fingers twitching slightly on the triggers as he moved slowly down a corridor that no-one else had chosen.  He didn’t know what to expect but he was certain whatever was down here would not be good.

Rounding a corner Alan immediately heard voices.  He glanced around desperately trying to find somewhere for cover.  He had noticed a door a little bit back so he hastily backtracked and hid as best he could in the doorway.  He was certain that if they looked closely they would detect him but he hoped they wouldn’t be looking too closely.  He heard their voices as they approached.

“Damn Imperials, who do they think they are coming here” said one merc.

“Yeah, well they’ll soon be dead Imperials once I see them” replied the other.

Alan was happy that they didn’t see him as they walked slowly past him.  He slipped out from his hiding post and moved up behind them.

“Dead Imperials huh” commented Alan.

The mercs stopped dead in their tracks.  They whirled round but Alan already had his blasters pointed directly at their heads.  They never stood a chance as Alan’s blasters opened fire and they crumpled down dead.

“You hear something?” asked a voice.

Oh hell thought Alan as he heard a voice and more footsteps approach.  Alan tried the door but it was locked.  He glanced down at the bodies and knew there was nowhere for him to stash the bodies.  Guess I just have to fight my way out of this thought Alan.

His com sputtered to life as Lucky’s voice crackled through “Paladin’s, status report”.

Alan spoke into the comm. informing Lucky that he was about to be attacked by a number of mercs, the number unknown to him at present.  It seemed that other squad members were in the same situation.

“Alright” said Lucky through the com, “this is senseless, we are just going to get picked off one by one if we keep this up, rendezvous at the co-ordinates and we will fight them as a full squad”.

Alan received the co-ordinates and thought to himself good, that’s not too far away.  He started backtracking the way he had come, looking forward to rejoining the squad.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  265
December 7, 2008 10:39:26 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Thank God Zeshaun thought. He quickly turned the corner and made his way toward the co-ordinated spot. He didn't face much resistance on his way to the rendezvous site. All the merc's must be already at the front lines Zeshaun thought.

He came to the point and saw Alan waiting there with Lucky. After a couple of minutes the whole squad had gotten back together.

"Let's see if we can get involved in the action." Lucky said heading down a hallway.

"You mean more so than we already are involved in?" Zeshaun said sarcastically.

He heard Alan chuckle.

They ran down the halls looking for the other squads, seeing who needed help. The squad ran around a corner just as a squad of mercenaries turned the opposite corner. Both groups were surprised and they stood staring at each other for a moment. Then both sides started firing.

"Fall back!" Lucky ordered.

They went back behind the corner. Alan looked around the corner and a flurry of bolts came flying down the hall.

"Well, this is going to be fun." Nick said.

"Okay, who's got a flashbang?" Lucky asked. "We don't want to use a real grenade it will attract to much attention."

Zeshaun grabbed one form his bag. "I got one here."

"Would you like to do the honors." Lucky said.

Zeshaun rolled the grenade down the hall so to not alert the mercenaries. The flashbang hit the wall and exploded. Some stiffled cries sounded and that was their cue. They ran down the hall weapons ready. They turned the corner and shot down all the mercenaries that were rolling on the ground blinded.

"Well, that was fun." Zeshaun said a little out of breath.

The squad nodded in agreement.

"Let's keep moving people." Lucky ordered.

They ran down another hallway. I'm getting really tired of these hallways. Zeshaun thought following Alan.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1128
Total Posts:  1795
December 7, 2008 11:08:20 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy that the squad was back together again.  They carried on down the hallways and met up with sporadic groups of merc.  The squad quickly took down the groups.

“This is easy” said Zeshaun.

“Please don’t say that” replied Alan.

“Why?” asked Nick.

“Yeah, it is easy.  I think we are coming across the less trained mercs” commented Requiem.

“It’s just that when someone says that, things suddenly get difficult and right now I am enjoying easy” said Alan.

The squad laughed and Nova chuckled.

“Pipe down” ordered Lucky as she held up a fist.

The squad immediately stopped and kneeled down.  They listened intently and could hear what Lucky had heard, voices approaching their position.

“Here we go again” whispered Zeshaun.

Indeed thought Alan as he brought his blasters to bear on the hallway.  True enough a squad of mercs approached their position.  As soon as they were visible the squad unleashed a torrent of blaster bolts. 

The initial wave of mercs collapsed instantly.  The second wave of mercs however pressed a button on their belts.  Immediately a shield surrounded the mercs.

“That’s different” said Nick as he fired repeatedly, only to find his bolts bouncing off the shields.

“Grenades!” shouted Lucky.

Alan rarely carried grenades so was happy when he saw Nova grabbing two grenades and tossing them towards the mercs.  The squad shielded themselves as explosions rocked the hallway.

“Good job Nova” called out Alan.

“Um, guys” said Zeshaun.

Alan whirled round and through the smoke he could see the mercs advancing on them once more, their shields intact.

“Fall back” ordered Lucky.

The squad started moving back down the hallway with the shielded mercs advancing on them slowly.

“This is all your fault” said Alan as he glanced over at Zeshaun

“My fault?” asked Zeshaun.

“Yes” said the squad in unison.

“Sorry” called out Zeshaun as blaster bolts whizzed past the squad.

This is a fine mess we have gotten ourselves into thought Alan.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  75
December 7, 2008 11:29:54 AM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem laughed at the Squad's predicament as his squad turned towards him and than got back to the situation trying to keep their lives intact for a few more minutes, and everyone else's, Requiem looked curiously to his squad's emotion and than spoke out.

" What ? I think its funny. . . "His squad shook their head's and than turned back to the large blaster shield blocking the mercenaries from Blaster fire. Requiem shook his head and than looked to the roof above the mercenaries, Requiem saw that it was a B-2 type battle droid type metal and Requiem remembered his Interchangeable Combat system Anti-armor Selection and smiled.

" Okay guy's follow my lead, Fire to the shield's. . . this may not work. "Requiem reached to his DC-17 in front of him and activated its anti-armor setting. Requiem jumped from cover and aimed towards the large ceiling's support's.

" Go " Requiem yelled in succession and fired into one of the support's on the ceiling, it began to creak slowly and Requiem aimed for the second, the squad had already began to fire at the shield itself. The mercs looked to the group of imperial's with disgust and laughed. Requiem smiled as the shield began to fade and the mercenary's face than changed to a look of worry. all shield's have a limit Requiem than fired into the last ceiling support as the hallway caved in, the second the shield fully dissipated.

Requiem turned his head from the carnage and looked at the large group of mercenaries laying on the floor before them. Requiem knowing that they were disposed off walked over their bodies towards the rubble. He began to walk to the leader of the group and searched his person. Requiem ripped off the small shield generator attached to his uniform and than turned back to his squad.

" May come in handy. " if we get it working again . . . not to promising Requiem smiled to the squad and than followed Lucky and Alan back towards the front lines to help out the others.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My True Enemy Gave to Me... (HSC '08)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:03:42 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 103  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >