Author
Topic:  Ch. 7-B Navy
Chaos
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Ch. 7-B Navy
February 2, 2002 8:05:53 PM    View the profile of Chaos 
Chaos decided to use his down time to oversee the repairs on his TIE Defender.  His little Y-Wing stunt had caused him the most damage in the Squadron.  "Well girl, you performed better than I could ever dream.  But it's not over yet.  We have more hit and runs to perform." "Um... sir... are you ok?  It's unusual for the pilots to actually, um, talk, to their fighters." One of the Deathscythe's many mechanics working on Chaos' Defender inquired. "Of course I'm fine.  If a pilot wants to come home from every battle, it's best if they're friends with their starfighter.  If you like her, she likes you.  I proved that enough today didn't I?  That missile almost shattered her.  But she held together.  Isn't that right girl?" "Whatever you say sir."  The mechanic walked away convinced that yet another crazy pilot had joined the VEN, but it wasn't his place to say anything. "Now get better quick, because we have many more challenges to overcome."

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Chaos/Venom 1-2/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE [=A=]
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
February 2, 2002 9:14:03 PM    View the profile of Warmaker 
Corran started another run against the Frigate, the Rest of Viper flyed right behind him to watch his back and make also a strafing run. at 2,5 clicks away, corran send his torpedos away, then he flyed out of the way and gives flight one and two the chance for a few Laser hits befor the torpedos hit the frigate. "Attention Vipers, we have incoming Bogeys, from behind" comes the Voice from Piett over the com. " I and WM engage them, Flight 2 engage the frigate, then attack also the fighters" "copy that" comes the reply from the Viper Pilots Till Flight one break and attack the incoming X-Wings, Flight 2 made an strafing run against the Frigate, the hull was seriosly damaged and after the strafing run, the ship beguns slowly to break apart. Flight 2 quickly turned and head after the incoming enemys till the Frigate behind them explode in severall pieces. ....

-----------------------
XO/EFM/WO2 Warmaker/Viper 1-2/WING I/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B]

You can run but you cannot hide
Have you ever kissed a Snake?
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
February 3, 2002 12:11:55 AM    View the profile of Japheth 
Japheth finally finnished prying open the crate he'd been trying to open for almost 5 minutes. Excitement filled him, they were here. The sides of the crate fell away and there they stood, sat, or layed. He had ordered four droids, and they were finnally here. An M3P military protocol droid, virtually standard for all squadrons, and its counterpart, an R2 Astromech stood there silently, deactivated. Beside them were the MixRMastR Bartender Droid, and the RH series Card Dealing droid. It had set him back quite a bit to buy these droids, but his paycheck covered it. He turned on the R2 first, and it twitterd a greeting, rocking back and forth on its stubby legs. He then turned on the M3P droid. "Good afternoon, sir!" it started, "I am M3P-4VN, at your service! I am well versed in over 150 million different military proto-" Japheth put his hand over its mouth before it could continue. This wouldn't actually stop it from speaking, of course, but it took the hint and stopped. "You, quiet," he told it. It looked a bit dejected, if droids could, and almost seemed to sulk. Japheth moved on to the bartender droid. "Hey, yo, howzit goin'?" It said immediatly. Its voice sounded a bit raspy and perhaps a little on the high-pitched side. "So, what'll it be, eh?" "Nothing for the moment," Japheth replied. "I need to get you all situated. You," he pointed at the bartender," and he," he said, pointing at the inert cardshark, "will be in the pilot's lounge. You two," he gestured at the M3P and R2 droids, "will mostly be in the pilot's briefing room and the main hanger. Got it?" The R2 beeped an affirmative, and the protocol droid muttered ascent. They started to move out of the cargo bay they were in towards their designated areas. Japheth loaded the as-yet-un-ceiling-mouted cardshark on a repulsor sled, and began his walk to the lounge. Commerce was a beautiful thing.

-----------------------
Chief Warrant Officer Japheth Cappadocious
Venom Squadron Commander

ADJ(NXO)/CMDR/CWO Japheth Cappadocious/Venom 1-1/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE/[=A=][=SA=][=JCPA=][=SCPA=][MC:1]

TRN/UNI Japheth Cappadocious/VEDJ Academy/VCF Deathscythe
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
February 3, 2002 12:48:14 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
'X-wings eh? We'll show them man ... C'mon, let's out do them. It'll be like a 'lil competition in air with the Vipers.' Fallen yelled over the intercom at his flight mates. 'Yeah. Almost there. Just to finish off a stinkin' A-wing.' A whoosh at the other end of the speakers alerted Fallen that the A-wing was in smittereens. 'Okay, let's group up and take them on.' 'X-wings nearing.' 'Good. Okay, spread out guys. Each take on an equal number of ships. If you finished yours, help the rest out.' 'Roger that.' Fallen raced towards an X-wing and fervently blasted the X-wing. It dodged and raced dangerously close to Warmaker's TIE. Fallen changed his channel and told Warmaker, 'Hey, you've got one darn close to you. Hold on and bring him with ya. I'll blast him soon from your right. Better flee from the right as soon as possible. Try not to let it hit ya once it blows.' 'If it blows.' 'C'mon, you've got more faith in my shooting than that.' 'Hehe. Yeah, c'mon, finish him off. Itching to kill.' 'Yeah.' Fallen changed his course and directed his ship to attack from Warmaker's left. Far down below, he could see Warmaker flying, trying to avoid the X-wing's uncomfortably close distance. Suddenly, Fallen felt his guts took a 90 degrees dive and he blasted from the top. Once he saw the bolts coming, Warmaker quickly tore off to his right and Fallen finished the X-wing off. 'Neat work. I like that. Call that tactic 'Out of the blue' ' Warmaker laughed over the intercom. 'Hehe ... well it's up to ya. Well I'm off for more X-wings to go.' --- WO2 Fallen
grrl fury
ComNet n00b

February 3, 2002 8:54:31 AM    View the profile of grrl fury 
As they diverged, a few more X-Wings came up right behind Warmaker. "Hey, somebody got them?" Warmaker asked over the comm, speaking of the fighters behind him. "Gotcha, bud" Grl replied, changing her course to follow the X-Wings behind Warmaker. As she followed up behind the one who seemed to be the leader of them all, she began to engage and execute a nice quad laser shot right on the X-Wing and blasted him out of existence. "One down, two to go..." She told Warmaker. "Uh, would you guys mind giving me a little help here?" Just as she had said that, PJ came up right beside her and helped. As they went after the X-Wings traling Warmaker, he continued on his target. Warmaker, Grl, and PJ finished up their X=Wings they were after, and moved on to jump into hyperspace and serach for another fleet.   ----------------------- Petty Officer 2nd Class Grl Fury Navy of the Vast Empire EFM/CRW Grl_Fury/Viper2-4/m-SDD Atrus/VEN/V[=A=] "Why didn't anyone TELL me my ass was so big?!?!"
[This message has been edited by (edited February 3, 2002 9:01:26 AM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
February 3, 2002 9:53:38 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC:  Uh, people, you're forgeting about two other squadrons of fighters out there, not to mention all the AWOLs in your own squadrons.  KILL PEOPLE.  I want the AWOLs killed, it 's just too darn unrealistic that three squadons of fighters are taking out superior ships that have 3 times the people in them.  And don't forget, you have Lancers with you, so that makes you winning the battle a bit more realistic.  Just remember, KILL THOSE DA*N AWOLS!!!

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Rogue
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  236
February 3, 2002 11:23:18 AM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue brought his battered Tie Bomber back aboard the Devestator for some much needed repairs. The last several fights he had been in covering Aegis had hurt his ship pretty bad. His ship was so damaged that he had to leave the fight before it was over in order to not get himself vaped. Nazgul's Flight Three was now down to just two remaining T/B's. Rogue's and Ez8's. Carnor Jax had been vaped at the start of this lastest encounter. Rogue finished docking and climbed out of his battered ship. He looked at the sides now stripped with black streaks from lasers scraping the hulls and wings.  The techs began to swarm over the ship rearming it and trying to repair the damage done to it. One tech, the crew chief, walked up to Rogue, "Sir, your ship is pretty heavily damaged. We will do our best to fix it, but you might want to see your Squadron Commander about getting another ship altogether. Something with Shields maybe." Rogue just nodded and said "your probably right Tech, your probably right. A shield ship would be better." Rogue then walked out of the hangar, heading to the mess hall for something to eat and to wait for Gravin to get back aboard so he could ask for a new ship.

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Rogue/Nazgul 3-4/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/ (=A=)(=SA=)
grrl fury
ComNet n00b

February 4, 2002 7:34:32 AM    View the profile of grrl fury 
All of the ships had docked and were waiting for their next assignment as Grl heard the news. "Uh, Grl, I have to tell you somthing," spoke Warmaker rather unclearly. "Yes?" asked Grl, totally oblivious to what she was about to hear next. "Well, after we went out, Chastity got into a bind with two X-Wings and, well, couldn't exactly shake them..." "But she's alright, isn't she? I mean, Someone came to help her out, didn't they?" Grl asked fervently trying to escape the inevitable fate of Chastity that she knew was about to come next. "No, Grl," said Warmaker soflty as he began to move closer to console her," She was too far out from anyone else to save her in time. They took her out in two blasts..." He trailed off as Grl began to cry. Chastity had long been Grl's close friend, and she couldn't believe the news. She was shocked and devastated. Warmaker tried to give her a hug, but she pushed him away and ran into the hangar where Chastity's ship was supposed to be docked. She sat there and cried for the rest of the night. Back in the lounge, stories were being passed around about another pilot who had been missing from the battle and was presumed dead...BMW. While the others were so caught up in the battle, they could not believe that they lost 2 pilots, but this was expected to happen, seeing as the line of work they were in. But no matter how many died, some could still not get used to it. "Drinks for all, on me!" PJ shouted into the lounge, trying to lighten the mood a little. The room started back into the usual chatter, and everything was hidden in the minds of the pilots. About two hours later, Grl walked in wearily, her eyes swollen from crying. "Two Corellian Ales, please" She told the bartender. As she began to drink down the first one, she began to drwon her sorrows in the drink, and an hour later, after a few more drinks, she was snug in her bunk, sleeping off everything that she had taken in that day.

-----------------------
Petty Officer 2nd Class Grl Fury
Navy of the Vast Empire
EFM/CRW Grl_Fury/Viper2-4/m-SDD Atrus/VEN/V[=A=]
"Why didn't anyone TELL me my ass was so big?!?!"
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
February 4, 2002 8:27:14 AM    View the profile of Warmaker 
... after Grl pushed him away and ran to the hangars WM first wanted to go after her, but then he decidet against that. "I must give her Time for herself" thought WM to himself. In his Years as pilot he saw many Pilots die in a battle and its never easy, but thats the life of a pilot. One mistake and you are death. He looked in the direktion where Grl run and thought to himself " She is young, i hope that she never made the final mistake, in the last battle it was short bevore for her  ....." WM goes to the lounge to get rid off the thoughts in his head, such thoughts arent good for a pilot ... In the lounge he sits down in a dark corner with a bottle whiskey and a glass and watched the other pilots drinking and playing. He was not really in the mood to drink, only to sit down and watching the stars outside ... A bit later he saw that Grl comes to the lounge and sat down before the bar, in her eyes he could see that she have cryed and that she is not only here to drink a water. After she has left the bar an hour later, WM stands up and goes to the Training Room, he needs Training now, the feeling when all the muskles in his body hurts. It was long ago when he learned his Fighting skills but such things you will neaver forget. After his training and after an cold shower he stands in his bathroom bevore the broken mirror and thought to himself "Hmmm i must let somebody replacing the mirror ....."

-----------------------
XO/EFM/WO2 Warmaker/Viper 1-2/WING I/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B]

You can run but you cannot hide
Have you ever kissed a Snake?
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
February 4, 2002 1:31:47 PM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac decided against going to the lounge for a drink and instead headed down to the gym.  He was soon immersed in his weights, running, and generally working off all of the tension that had built in him over the battle. He then went to the shower and went to bed.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(MC1)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
February 4, 2002 7:41:51 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf felt a rage burning in his mind and soul. It was frustrating that so many could be masacred and not himself be touched; Unscratched, Unharmed, only wounded mentally. so many people were killed in Sting and Kaph the next mission they would both fly together as one squadron. LoneWolf could tell that there was no turning back now he'd join the navy and now he would die inhte Navy. LoneWolf wouldn't let that happen, not until he got his revenge. LoneWolf went down the the Hangar and Stood next to his fighter looking out the hangar forcefield. He knew that there was another level he could reach in his skills he just needed to get there. LoneWolf broke away from his gaze then went to the firing range to release some angar he had.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

"Its the scared People who dont get anything done"
"theres no such thing as luck only skill"
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
-Navy's best pilot-
Trigit
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral Lower Half (RA-L)

Post Number:  103
Total Posts:  106
February 4, 2002 8:01:31 PM    View the profile of Trigit 
OOC: Riel, I'm awaiting the form-up signal Standing on the Captain's Walk on the ISD-II Crusader, Trigit look out upon the newly repaired mSSD Atrus.  He had gotten the message that the time was coming when their task force would be moving out to engage the enemy fleet.  The bridge crew looked up at him as if expecting orders.  He gave them such: "Call the corvettes and gunships back to the fleet, and run full diagnostics on all combat systems." "Yessir" came the collective reply from the crew pits.  Turning back to the viewport, Trigit wondered what the next few days would hold in store for him.
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

February 5, 2002 8:40:27 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel stood on the bridge of the Devastator, and opened a channel to all Vast Empire ships.  "This is Rear Admiral Riel Fury, calling all ships in the Vast Empire.  Rendevous at the coordinates being sent to you.  Our assault on Loliath will begin in approximately 48 hours.  Whatever you are doing, stop and report immediately.  We have bigger fish to fry." Riel sat and stared out of the viewport.  This was going to be the biggest battle he had ever taken part in, and they were going to win. ------------------- OOC:  Later tonight I'll post about the fleet coming together, etc.  Until then, don't go overboard with any ships you want to fight...I don't want to find any Super Star Destroyers being yanked out of hyperspace by our interdictor.  But if you want to play with a couple, repeat a COUPLE smaller ships, feel free.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (L) Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Dark Jedi Knight
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

February 6, 2002 12:51:22 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
The Atrus had just came from hyperspace with the majority of the defensive fleet.  A few smaller ships had stayed back to defend bluepoint 5.  The Special Ops fleet had also came out of hyperspace, with the Deathscythe at it's head.  Riel looked at the readout of all the ships assembled.  This was almost certainly the largest fleet assembled since the battle of Endor.  And Riel, unlike the Emperor, would not lose this battle.  "Prepare to enter hyperspace on my mark," he said to the ships.  "Now." The stars streaked into straight lines.  Only two lightyears away from Loliath, this wouldn't be long.  His lightsabre hung loosely at his belt, and he was wearing his best non-dress uniform.  Send a good message to the crew, he thought.  I dress nice when I kill. The crewman was reading off the time from when they were coming out of hyperspace.  To escape the mines, they were reverting back to realspace about 100 clicks out from the rebel fleet, and blasting the mines to bits. The fleets would be closely matched, but the rebel fleet lost a good bit of smaller ships, plus two Mon Cals, in a battle when they were brought out of hyperspace. The stars were little dots again.  "Open all turbolaser batteries, fire forward into the mine field."  The larger ships of the fleet all opened fire, and the minefield that once was considered a large obstacle was no more.  "Okay, I want ships to pair up and take out ships one at a time.  Just take out the closest one.  Don't go for glory.  Power up both interdictors, and make sure these guys aren't getting away.  I want fighters to launch, and all TIE Droids.  Have the lancers make a quick run across the ships and come back to defend the Atrus."  It was time to see if all the tactics Riel had studied and formulated would work out.

-----------------------
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Dark Jedi Knight
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

February 6, 2002 4:09:23 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf ran towards the hangar feeling the adrenline of battle shoot through his viens all at once. it was an erie comfort. LW jumped in his V-4's cockpit and ignitiated all the systems. He hovered over the polished floor for a little bit then jetted out of the hangar bay. in the deep coolness of space, where eternal shadows hanuted all the fighters launching. LoneWolf prepared to make a few of the other enemy pilots join the haunting along with a horde of big pieces of battle debris which would originate from Mon Calamari crusiers and that big SSD. LoneWolf noticed Kain leaded teh massign group of Aegis pilots then flew into formation, he listened into the jabber. "Ok Aegis we have a big battle ahead of us. and its definatly going to be one of our worse ones, Keep on your toes i dont want to loose any one Got it!?" every one in the Squadron replied rapidly with a brief showing of fear and excitment, "Yessir!" with lonewolf fealing an odd sense of the battle and a new respect for it he and the rest of Aegis engaged mercilessly.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

-Navy's best pilot-
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
February 6, 2002 6:30:01 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 ordered Aegis two flight to form up."Ok boys, no need to be formal, so you see a fighter around you, blow it up. I don't care what you take first, but stay alive. Good Luck and may the Force be with you." He knew the Force would be with him. Tow flight raced toward the enemy fleet, but halfway there, they ran into their fighter screen. Sk8 saw a nearby X-wing and moved to engage it. He made short work of it and moved onto another fighter. It wasn't hard to find a new target, the place was swarming with fighters. He had to stay in constant motion to avoid laser fire from every direction. This wouldn't be easy. Sk8 picked up alot of cries for help coming from Kaph squadron."Two Flight, help out Kaph, or whoever needs it when possible." Having said that. Sk8 rushed toward a nearby Kaph squadron trainee. He formed up on the tail of the A-wing following him, but it was too late. Rage filled him. A good pilot with unknown potentila gone. He let the rage fill him and he blasted the A-wing to piecs. He was on a rampage. He blow everything up in his sights. Sk8 racked up about 10 kills in 3 minutes time. Sk8 heard another scream over the comm." Who was that?" he yelled into his own comm. "One of Kaph." came Kalebb's voice. Good, thought sk8. At least it wasn't one of Aegis, but that was selfish thinking. The navy was now another pilot short. He will be missed. Sk8 kept up his rampage and slaughtered rebels right and left. OOC: C'mon guys, get posting and slaughher the AWOLS and the Rebels. We have to beat the Army.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)[-GRC-][VC|G]
TRN/Journeyman sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
February 6, 2002 9:59:11 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Venom Squadron had lept out infront of the other fighters. Even the speedy Interceptors were unable to keep pace with them. Japheth looked at the fighter screen they were rapidly approaching, too many to count... 12 TIE Defenders... not fair, they wouldn't win... "Venom Squadron, pull up, we're gonna flank those guys about the same time they hit the rest of our fighters." He tapped his stick backwards and almost instantly turned the ninty degrees "upwards". He began a long slow arc that would put him and his squadron at the approaching fighter-mass's side at about the same time it hit the Vast Empire fighters. Twos squadrons of X-Wings broke off from the main group, intending to take care of Venom Squadron before they could complete their plan. "Venom, this is lead, engage those two squadrons at will, stay clear of the main group though until they've encountered our guys." Japheth linked all his cannons up and chose a target. At maximum range he clipped a shot of and then began evasive manuvers. The circle of ion and laser energy slammed into the X-Wing, the four ion bolts overwhelmed its shields as the four laser bolts bored into the hull. The two starboard S-Foils flew off with their engines and the X-Wing began to spin out of control. "Neutralized," Japheth thought, picking another target, which soon met a similar fate. Five more fell to him before his squadron had finnished off the rest. "Good job Venom, get your shields maxxed out from any hits you may have taken, the others have encountered the enemy, and its time we made the rebels regret getting out of bed this morning."

-----------------------
Chief Warrant Officer Japheth Cappadocious
Venom Squadron Commander

ADJ(NXO)/CMDR/CWO Japheth Cappadocious/Venom 1-1/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE/[=A=][=SA=][=JCPA=][=SCPA=][MC:1]

TRN/UNI Japheth Cappadocious/VEDJ Academy/VCF Deathscythe
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

February 6, 2002 10:55:32 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC: this is a big battle...KILL THEM AWOLS!!!!

-----------------------
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Dark Jedi Knight
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

February 7, 2002 9:19:57 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
'Okay. Kill 'em.' Fallen ordered softly over the intercom as he whipped around the X-wings. 'Take them on. I want them dead.' Fallen raced after an X-wing and blasted it in seconds, clocking up a decent record of around 10 ships in 3 minutes. 'Fallen, take your flight and come on over here and battle these guys. We've got maybe a squadron of Y-wings to tackle here.' 'Yeah right over. Flight three, cover Flight two. Get your butts over and slog it out. ' Fallen switched and talked to his usual partner, Rukh. 'Hey, I've got a 'lil neat idea that we might be able to put into use ... ' 'What? Cmon, let's hear it.' After a series of fast mumbling, Fallen could deemingly hear Rukh grin over the intercom. 'Brilliant! Cmon let's get moving with that!.'
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

February 7, 2002 4:36:57 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf warmed up the advanced targeting computer, so far he hadent tried out his new trick one witch Kain had performed before. the forty-some enemy fighters slowly filled up the computer database and  a lock on each one was secure. LoneWolf grinned as he yelled over the channel, "Watch out boys some stuff is coming in hot!!" Just in case the system didnt work LoneWolf aimed his fighter towards the general direction of a Mon Cal cruiser. LoneWolf thumbed the missile trigger witch he wasnt used to using. Concusion missiles flared out sytematically. rapidly firing off they went forward for a moment then spread out to go to thier desinated targets. He witnessed fighters left and right erupt into flames, while others stutered a bit at the impact of the missile still moving on to thier orders. LoneWolf could tell that if he could take out that much fighters yet there still be so much more to where he could fill his computer up another 5 times it was goign to be a rough battle. LoneWolf then heard a yell from Kaph, "May the force take your soul warrior" LoneWolf muttered as a soft prayer.

-----------------------

-Navy's best pilot-
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
February 7, 2002 6:29:27 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk stood in silent thought on the flight deck of the Wild Karrde. So much had happened these past few months ... and yet, what had he accomplished? There was still so much confusion raging in his mind ... and he feared what would happen when he returned to the Vast Empire. Would they take him back in with open arms after so long? Or would he be forced back into exile once again?   He shook his head. If Riel and PJ had made it back safeley, things should be okay. He had friends in the Vast Empire - though not many - and he hoped that he had proven himself capable enough before he had fled from the Atrus that night so long ago. Everything that had happened months ago seemed like decades. Even his conversation with Mara seemed like it took place a week ago, and that had occured just a couple of hours earlier.   As he reflected on his current situation, and where he was going to go next, Mara and Talon entered the hangar from the port side. Darkhawk turned to greet them, swinging down from the cockpit of his black and silver E-Wing. Karrde's technicians had done a good job of touching her up and adding some special modifications. Darkhawk was just really glad he'd taken all that money from Imperial Center before he left. He felt a twinge of guilt about it, but the people whose money he had stolen were most likely long dead now.   "I hate to see you go, David," Talon said as he drew near. He held out his hand and Darkhawk complied, giving a firm handshake.   "You've done a lot for me, Talon. I'm sorry that I couldn't stay on with you all the way to the edge of the Outer Rim, but I think I've been here long enough."   "But where will you go now?" Karrde asked. "I wish you had told me weeks ago that you were looking for Grand Admiral Thrawn. I'm a ... business partner ... of his and I just saw him a couple of months ago."   Darkhawk nodded. "I wish I had, too. However, I don't think I have the time to wait around until he contacts you again. I guess one option I have in front of me is to go to Chiss and look for him there."   Mara shook her head. "No one knows where Chiss is. You'd spend months looking for it."   "Why don't you just stay with us a little longer?" Karrde questioned. "You're one of the best pilots I've seen since the war and we could sure use you in a fight."   "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm leaning on returning to the Vast Empire right now. I've got some friends there and it seems like a place I can fit in. Besides, no one there knows about ... my past." Mara looked away from him as he said that. Their conversation had ended all right, but she still was not very happy about the whole situation. And despite everything he had said, she still viewed him as a traitor; she also still had a bloodlust for Skywalker.   "Just make sure they don't blast you out of the sky when you show up in that E-Wing," Karrde replied.   Darkhawk laughed. "Thanks, Captain. Maybe our paths will cross again."   "Maybe. Thank you, David. Until then." Darkhawk made a similar goodbye and Karrde turned to exit.   There was a slight pause as Mara and Darkhawk just stood looking out into space. The Wild Karrde would be heading back out of the Flax system in a few hours. For now though, space was just as vast and beautiful as it was light years away. The sight of a planet from space still took Darkhawk's breath away. Sometimes the sheer wonder of space almost made him forget where he was. Sometimes.   "I guess this is goodbye, Gray," Mara spoke after a few minutes.   "I guess so, Jade."   "I still can't believe I'm letting you go like this."   "Neither can I," he answered.   "Do me a favor, will you? If you see Skywalker again, tell me, okay?"   Darkhawk laid his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure you'll get your man sooner or later."   She looked up at him. "What are you going to try to do about being blocked to the Force?"   He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe someone in the VE can help me. If not, I'll just have to deal with it. It bothers me ... constantly ... but I think I'll be able to live with it. I'm just glad no one did the same thing to you."   "I didn't betray the emperor," she countered.   There was another moment of silence. Then, "There's one more thing I need to tell you." That was Darkhawk.   "Yes?"   "Mara, I know you didn't have all the fits of dreaming I did. And what that means, I don't really know. But our paths were and still are linked somehow. And I feel that you need to know what those dreams showed me." She only continued to stare up at him, so he continued. "The Force ran strong in the blood of your family, Mara. You know as well as I that most of those of us who joined the Emperor's Secret Circle were taken from our parents as children." She nodded. "Your father was strong in the Force . . . as was your mother. They were both Jedi once." Her eyes widened, but she said nothing. "Yes, Mara, the Force runs strong in your blood. Your father, your mother, you . . ." He paused and swallowed hard. "And your brother."   She pulled away from him at the last remark and turned away. Darkhawk moved to go over to her, but then decided against it. He stood watching her for a while, and then slowly turned and began to climb up into his snubfighter. He knew all of it came as a shock to her - much more than t had to him when he realized what the dreams meant; when his memory flared up and he remembered his life before the Empire had come into it. That quiet life on Vargran with his Jedi fugitive parents and his little sister.   Just as he was about to climb into the cockpit, Jade turned back around. He paused in mid-motion and looked at her with a slight smile on his face. It was hard to tell what she was feeling and he yearned to be able to stretch out with the Force. He could tell that she understood it all, though. Or, at least, she comprehended as much as he did.   "Will I ever see you again?" He shook his head. It was impossible to know the answer to that question. "I . . . don't go," she stammered. "There's so much we need to talk about. This changes so much. I have so many questions I need to ask you."   "I know. But I can't stay here any longer, Mara. You know that as well as I do." She looked down at the ground. "I'm glad that you believed me," he added.   "Something told me that I had to," she mumbled. "Just like it's telling me now that I knew you were my brother all along."   "The Force works in weird yet wonderful ways sometimes, sister," Darkhawk said. She looked back up at him and they smiled simultaneously. Then, with a quick nod, Darkhawk climbed into his E-Wing. The sleek starfighter lifted off from the flight deck and then shot off into space. One ex-Imperial was off to rejoin his comrades in an unending fight and the other was left with so many questions that it made her head hurt.   Mara watched her brother fly off into the night sky all the way until his navigation buoy. Once he jumped to hyperspace she slowly turned and looked back at the hangar. He gaze fell upon her Z-95 Headhunter and she was almost tempted to go after him. Shock still coursed all throughout her mind and body and she longed to ask him so many things about the past.   But she held her self-control and began a slow, long walk back to the bridge. David probably didn't remember any more than she did, so that would be futile. And he was right - something told her that it was time for him to leave from the Wild Karrde. And that same feeling in the back of her mind told her that she had to stay, a little while longer, at least. This was her new home and there was work to be done.   Besides, there were still plenty of years ahead for her to find Skywalker and give him what he deserved. Oh yes - she would find him. And she would make him pay one way or another.

-----------------------
NTO/FL/LCM Darkhawk/SXO/Aegis 2-1(Aegis Five)/WingOne/SSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

Chaos
ComNet n00b

February 7, 2002 9:20:03 PM    View the profile of Chaos 
After Chaos finished off his third X-wing, Japheth gave the signal for the squadron to recharge the shields.  Chaos transferred some power from the lasers and followed Japheth back towards the main battle.  Enemy fighters were everywhere, but it didn't matter.  The key to Chaos' piloting skills was his state of calm.  Nothing overwhelmed him, never in combat.  He targeted an A-wing going after one of the interceptors and hit it with first a burst from his ions, which took out its shields, and second a burst of laser fire which incinerated it into a ball of bright fire. "Chaos, another one of those A-Wings is on your tail.  Try to shake him.  I'm on my way."  Japheth said as Chaos started receiving fire from his unwelcome guest.  The A-wing got off a few shots, but Chaos pulled the same loop he had done in the last battle, a quick cut to 1/3 throttle, to throw off his opponent.  But the A-wing pilot must have been an ace, because he pulled a wider loop that put him right back in the same position.  Just as the A-wing got another firing lock, Japheth pulled in from behind and obliterated it with laser blasts. "Thanks One." "Don't mention it Chaos."

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Chaos/Venom 1-2/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE [=A=]
Red5
ComNet n00b

February 9, 2002 8:35:59 PM    View the profile of Red5 
OOC: oops
[This message has been edited by (edited February 10, 2002 2:13:27 PM)]
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

February 10, 2002 12:20:55 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
'Okay, I'll chase and you'll intercept it. The guy would be too busy to take notice of ya.' 'Good. Okay, you start chasing a fighter?' 'Yeah I will.' Fallen got an X-wing and chased it through the space, firing at it uncomfortably close to its hull. But that was not the crunch ... 'Rukh, got an X-wing. Come on in.' 'Yeah, be right there.' Fallen patiently chased after the X-wing. His job was just to keep the pilot's nerves and attention on him. Now where's that crunch?!? Suddenly, bright bolts streaked across, coming from Fallen's right, aiming atraight for the X-wing. Caught by surprised, the X-wing vaporised almost instantly. 'Good Job!' Fallen yelled. 'C'mon, let's get another!'
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

February 10, 2002 7:52:00 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC: Nice to see you posting again Red5...one problem...we're kinda in the middle of a battle for our HQ planet, and Nazgul is with the rest of the fleet fighting the rebels...

-----------------------
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Dark Jedi Knight
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
February 10, 2002 1:26:27 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 was about to vaporize another X-wing, when suddenly he heard the distress call coming from Kaph. They were intanged with some A-wings and couldn't handle it. Sk8 immediately broke off and yelled over the comm, "Two flight, let's go help out Kaph. They've bit off more than they can chew." All of two flight acknowledged, and sk8 saw the precision at which all the flight swerved and moved toward Kaph, perfect unison. You couldn't teach that, it only came with exprience. By the time Sk8 arrived at Kaph's position, three of their ranks were gone. Kaph was slowly diminishing.  He guessed pilots weren't as good as they used to be. "Ok teo flight, pick a bogey and take it out. Show the trainees how it's done." As he said that, he vaped a nearby A-wing that was on the tail of Kaph 2. He yelled a thanks and moved to engage another fighter. "Kaph, once you're clear, go find another target. And don't get one you can't handle, if you need help, yell." Just as he said that, he heard one of the trainees yell as his TIE was blown apart by an A-wing. Kalebb, who was nearby, quickly moved in to intercept and inact revenge for the fallen comrade. He quickly finished off the rebel  and moved on to another. After a couple minutes, the A-wings were all destroyed, but Kaph had taken major causalities. Three more of their ranks were now gone, which only left them half a squadron. "Two flight, Kaph's clear, let's find some more dance partners." sk8 said over the comm.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)[-GRC-][VC|G]
TRN/Journeyman sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Red5
ComNet n00b

February 10, 2002 2:43:37 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 gripped the control shaft of his TIE fighter and juked wildly, narrowly avoiding the advanced missile from a tailing A-Wing. A few shots and the projectile exploded in a fiery cloud, momentarily shielding his ship from the A-wing's sensors. He let off a flare, throwing the enemy fighter slightly off course. But it was enough. Gravin swooped in from behind and below, blowing the A-wing away. Rend, one of the newest recruits to Nazgul, was having a hard time avoiding a simple B-wing in his Interceptor. Red5 had known from the start that Rend would just be another casualty. Gravin came over the comm to Red5, "Red5, get over there and assist Rend. As soon as thats done, you both head towards Mangol. Looks like a Republic carrier is on its way over there; we can't afford to lose those shipyards." "Yeah, if we ever hope to get TIE/I, they'll be coming from there!" Red5 flew over to Rend, cruising in slowly behind the B-wing. Several shots took off its wing and lower laser, and a missile destroyed the wobbling craft. Rend's shaky voice reached Red5. "Thanks, Red5. I thought I was gone." Red5 almost shot back that he would be soon, but kept his thoughts to himself. "We need to head towards Mangol. It looks like they might be making a strike at it." - - - - - As Red5 neared the asteroid, he saw the others coming in beside him. A Golan III Defense Platform loomed in front of them, ringed but automated defense turrets. Rend, being new, had no idea how useless that was against fighters. "Why do they need us? They've got that Golan Station to defend them." "Rend, they'll need a hell of a lot more than one Golan to defend against a full complement of fighters." Arturus came over with, "Yeah, and they've probably got two."

-----------------------
[SRCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Denethor
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  1534
February 10, 2002 4:37:14 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
OOC: I know I haven't been posting lately. But I will  be in the future. Enjoy Denethor blew up the last X-Wing in the small squadron that he and LoneWolf were attacking after a unexpected team up. He flew through the debris and flew off to rejoin the main fight. On the way, he and LW met up with k8 and Kalebb.   "Hey Sk8, what's up?" joked Denethor. "Heh, just looking for a dance partner," laughed Sk8 "wanna find some?"   "No problem Sk8, let's get some Rebels," come on LW " Get 'em!" The small band of T/F's flew as if they were a whole flight, though most of them were. They turned to port, then spun up. and found a group of B-wings. "Hmm, not exaclty the best dance partners, but it'll do." thought Denethor to himself.   "Hey Den, are these boys worth it?" asked sk8 "I mean, they're B-wings. "Sure, just say what you wanna take off after, and we'll do it." answered Denethor The small flight flew in, guns a blazin. They took out 3 B's in one pass. Rebels didn't always pay attention to everything around them. So, surprise attacks from the side were the best way to take out as many fighters as possible. They turned back for another run. This time the B's knew they were coming, a few of them had turned to let loose a missle or two, most just fired lasers, all missed the T/F's.  Each T/F manuvered out of the way of the projectiles coming in their direction, easily. Denethor fired at the closest B, taking it's shields down to 50%, fired again, hull at 95%. He switched to missles, flew in close to the back of the fighter and fired, not even getting a lock, he was too close to miss. The B-wing blew to pieces, as the cokpit flew off, in eject mode. Denethor smiled and fired on the pitiful little cokpit. It blew up in a small but very soothing blue and dark red explosion. He turned to get the last B-wing, the rest had been taken out, or would be shortly. Kalebb flew past as the B-wing he was chasing flew under Denethors fighter. Denethor caught sight of a fleeing B-wing, with no ship behind it. He turned starboard and kicked the throttle to full, catching up with the B in seconds flat. He decreased speed, matching with the B-wing, and fired off two shots. Each hit opposite wings. The B-wing almost spun out of control, if it wasn't for the fact that the wing span was still even. Denethor back to missles and got a lock on the damaged ship, for it could not go any where, due to it's lack of wings. He fired and the ship blew into little tiny chunks. The cokpit, again ejected before it blew, but was struck by a piece of debris. It spun off and flew into a stray meteor.   "WOO HOO!" screamed LW "Great job guys, lets get some more dancers." The small flight flew off in search of more Rebel fighters.

-----------------------
FM/WO2 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
WO2 Denethor
Flight 2 Flight Member 3: Aegis Squadron
Lusthawk 7
Co-Founder: Nazgul
Official VE Stoner: annointed by TwinFury
"No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."
Red5
ComNet n00b

February 10, 2002 5:59:12 PM    View the profile of Red5 
As Red5 cruised between Golan Platform and Auto-Turrets, he noticed something not quite right about the markings on one of his wingmen. He peered at the wing, trying to make out that symbol. It almost looked Imperial. . .Ah, there it was. In the center of the symbol was a tiny, Rebel Alliance symbol. It was scratched, as if someone had tried to wear it off, but he could still vaguely make it out. "Nazgul, we've got a Rebel! Off my starboard. Take him out, boys!" The Rebel ship had been on the same frequency as the rest of the squadron, and dove before anyone could take a shot. Gravin came over the comm. "Dare, Shino Kisake, and Rent, chase him out of here, then rejoin us." The other ships continued towards Mangol, and the advancing Rebel cruiser. "Flight Three, arm A/Proton Torpedoes. We'll make a strafing run on that carrier, then you focus on the docking bay. Hopefully we can get a hole in the shields big enough to sneak a torpedo through." What remained of flights one and two flew in fast, spinning wildly to avoid turbolaser fire. A trainee in flight two went up in flames, his sluggish movements costing him his life. "Go now, three!" Six proton torpedoes left the bombers, crashing into the docking bay two at a time. Rogue watched the explosion, counting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5. . ." An explosion inside the ship signalled success. "Nice job, Three," said Ez8, "And now the other side!"

-----------------------
[SRCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
February 11, 2002 2:37:57 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Daishi didn't like having to leave the battle for the liberation of his homeworld to fight this battle but since his other self was still there he could live with Riel Fury's orders.  There was also still a quite signifigant fleet there even without the Deathscythe. The array before him was formidable and he new Reil was a good tactician, probably good enough to give Daishi a run for his money.  Though right now the Vast Empire needed every edge it could manage and since Daishi was a much better tactician then pilot he consined himself to a Command and Control station aboard the Deathscythe. This new fleet was formidable and the only statement they were out to make today was that they were not going to let the VE get away with another humiliating victory. "I still don't have much of an idea what this ship can actually take on and win against so I want us in a position where we can support one of the other ships of the line when they need it.  Helm bring us into formation with the Atrus first then the Devastator."  Daishi ordered as he watched more fighter groups replace the losses of the enemy fleet. Daishi watched as the sensors identified a new groupd of contacts as A-wings.  From his expierince in the Intruder Wing flying stolen NR craft and fighting against NR commanders like Boo Wood taught Daishi all too well what A-wings could be used for that the average imperial pilot didn't even consider as a posibility. Daishi could only hope that there were enough VEN fighters and pilots out ther to turn the tide.  While the VEN had an advantage in skill and luck the enemy fleet still had far more manned fighters.  A human pilot had been proven superior enough to even the best droid fighter pilot algorithoms to make the droid fighters not much more then a distraction for the enemy fleet.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:59:36 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 228  |  Bots - 4
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >