ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  105
Total Posts:  187
  RE: Iraq then Iran
August 15, 2006 8:47:05 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
  okay okay.

You all , and yes I'm liven' in the south ,  and  why are you all trying oh so hard to get intellecual on me.  History repeats itself. And history is repeating itself again . I personally don't wanna go on  and on so lemme leave it all at  where we are at.And my ex just walked in the door and she is sooooo fine i gotta go on now. Good conversation you all ttylMykill

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  152
Total Posts:  760
August 15, 2006 8:50:16 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
There is no current war with the Commies, just a personal hate for their knack of crapping on their own people because they want to be Aethiest Extreamist or just out of plain disregard for basic rights.  Just waiting for a rebelion to throw that crap back at them!!! 

-----------------------
EFM/MPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
1st in Creativity
2nd best Pilot
Best of all, Elite.
Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1510
Total Posts:  2143
August 15, 2006 9:04:33 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
History may indeed go in cycles but to naturally state that based on this philosophy of history the war in the Middle East (which just ended), is a new Holy War is simple ludicrous.  It's a logical fallacy to simply make that link without attempting to provide proof or better yet refuting the holes I shot in your case two pages ago.  Look past the rhetoric and look at the reality.  This is not the Clash of Civilizations but something much more complex and certainly not just an Islam vs. the West/ Islam vs. Christianity conflict as some state.  There is much more at play here and people need to look at it rationally with a goal of understanding.  Stop buying into the rhetoric Mykill and use independent critical thought.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  435
Total Posts:  814
August 17, 2006 12:36:16 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Than, first of all, I think your hate of the Chinese can be compared to selfish idiots, who spend their days complaining about superstars like Kelly Clarkson being fat and ugly, whatever reasons to mock them, swear at them, all that insensitive crap that I just hate, no matter what crazy reason you put upon me. Here's what I said about people calling Kelly obse:

don't know, but still I think XXX has a point in the fact that too many people have called kelly clarkson a fatass when they themselves could be a selfish idiot.

Sorry for the XXX, but I can't just carelessly give out names of supporters of Kelly, who thinks she's very beautiful, like me.

Anyways, say what you want art, but remember, we were even driven out by the Smaria guerrillas (watch Black Hawk Down if you don't believe me, and it is based on actual events), who were a bunch of religious freaks, I say freaks because they strip a delta of almost everything, not even once respecting their dead body, no burying either. These people were created by Westerners, who freely take Africa as a source of getting resources that they themselves lack, and look what it turned up, warlords that killed their people. it's a messed continent that the westerners have stripped of its last trust on Europeans and Americans.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  110
August 17, 2006 2:05:08 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Yes Jennabelle, you are so right. Too many good people here and elsewhere try to see the good in humanity and think that political and all of lifes decisions are made accordingly. They are not. They are made according to the way that particular person FEELS at that particular time. Be he or she Christian or Muslim or Hindu or from the good old faith of the Earth, Wicca.i.e. Druidism. which by the way has been lost for years because it has been looked at as Witchism. Once again I  might get taken for the wrong way I'm not a witch you all!!!!!  All I'm saying is people do make huge decisions relying upon personal, political and religeous views.  We can't help that. The only thing we can help, is ourselves and the people immediatly around us. Yes we can shape the world, however it all starts within each and everyone of us. Wow does that sound like a commercial or what. Yeah give me a hard time about that one ya'all I don't care. I can take it.

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1518
August 17, 2006 9:12:30 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
First of all the US was NOT driven out of Somalia.  Sorry I will rephrase, the Somalis did not drive the US out; American public opinion drove the US out.  There is a concept in the security world known as the Mogadishu Line which until recently was used as a measure.  If engaging in a conflict zone would mean crossing that line in terms of casualties governments were fearful of going through with it (Rwanda is a perfect example).  During the 1990s and the so-called "peace dividend" western populations got blood shy.  They no longer saw good reasons for soldiers to die and when something bad happened, such as Mogadishu, they got angry as they did not see a reason for shedding blood in a country like Somalia.  Therefore I would suggest you get your facts straight and stop using movies as evidence.

As for people acting on how they feel, this is why we need a better education system that teaches us how to think independently and rationally.  You can be religious and still act rationally rather than some dogma forced upon you.  You can be political and still think criticallly without being brainwashed by the party elite.

As for our ability to change the world, only together can anything be accomplished.  The power of one person is strong but as Machiavelli says, only the truly great can make great changes on their own and even then fate is half the factor of success.  The problem today is that people think they can make a difference as part of rising social movements.  That approach is one dimensional and won't work on its own.  Social movements are important but you have to be able to play the political game, work yourself into networks, and work from within the system to change the system.  Revolutionizing the system from the outside won't work and revolution in general is undesireble.  We need to work from within to gradually evolve the process.  The end result may look different (and in the case of the UN I hope it does look different if it ever bothers to reform itself) but it cannot be achieve from the outside alone.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  157
August 17, 2006 12:45:55 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Wow, I don't hate the Chinese people.  I hate their government.  There is a big difference.  Also, I don't run around picking at all the celebrities, I don't care a bit about them. 

Tienimen Square (probably spelled it wrong) is my biggest reasoning for hateing the Communist Chinese government.  Unlike the "Cristmas Light Project" which I have no hard evidence that it even exists, the Tienimen Square Masacure is on film and offically happened. 

Basic run down: colledge students hold peaceful demonstration in Tienenimen square, Chinese bigot government finds it un exceptible and sticks tanks and soldiers on them.

I want to see a come back to that!!!

P.S. I think I can be betterly compaired to a single person who actually has the ability to see past the warpped image that makes the Chinese Government almost invisible.

-----------------------
EFM/MPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
1st in Creativity
2nd best Pilot
Best of all, Elite.
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited August 17, 2006 12:49:02 AM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  748
Total Posts:  1348
August 17, 2006 4:05:30 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
When has religion *ever* allowed free thought? The entire idea behind religion is a mass of people believing in one thing, and following certain sets of laws. And it is these people who try to see the good in people. I have never seen any true Christian turn someone away in need. The whole reason wars are created is on the thought that your enemies are evil.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSG Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  446
Total Posts:  814
August 20, 2006 8:13:34 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
yeah, the thought, which was only true in World War II, where the enemy was really evil.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Member

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  326
Total Posts:  860
August 20, 2006 2:38:08 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Well, they thought everyone else was evil, which goes to prove Garet`s point...

-----------------------
FL/MCPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)[VC:B][SWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
scout
ComNet Initiate

scout

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  108
Total Posts:  111
August 21, 2006 4:20:28 AM    View the profile of scout 
Um... back to the middle east...

The crusades (what I assume is the repetition of history of war in the Middle East waged by the west that people are referring to) weren't quite as simple as a "Holy War".  The pope was more than a religious leader; he led all Catholic nations in policy and much more.  The crusades were a way to get rid of an excess of noblemen.  Land in Europe was running out, and the only way for anyone but the firstborn son to have land was to conquer some or get a parcel from another lord.  The crusades let the nobles fight non-Christian foes and take land that was unclaimed. 

I hope that made some sense.  The circumstances are nowhere near the same as today's.

As for China, have you ever heard of the "Great Firewall of China"?  It's what makes the internet safe for fragile Chinese minds that cannot handle capitalist filth.  Ain't the Chinese government grand?

-----------------------
Hello.
Some guy who plays clarinet.  What a loser.

EFM/PO2 scout/Kaph 4/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)

Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  176
August 21, 2006 3:37:06 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Finally, an ally!!!

-----------------------
For two fricking games I thought the Precursors were powerful beings of light, then in Wizard of Oz fashion they all look like Daxter!!!  Oh well, at least he got his pants and the girl.
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  114
August 22, 2006 2:32:50 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
  First of all,  there is no arguing with your perfectly logical thinking Arturus.  Personally I wish the whole world was like us, but it ain't by God. GET ER' Done rules the world and not just ours but there are stupid people everywhere. SORRY world I love ya really. Yes siree BOB educaction is the matter with this world and as a substitute  religion steps in. Come on Arturus step in and help me enlighten everyone. YOU are right. Just wanted you to get on the same page as me. Than S.  I too agree with the botch up in Tienimen Square. That's what happens when governments become too powerful. Garet religion is not a restrictor of thought people are. GOD gave us the freedom of free will.  It's people who interpret the rule of GOD and what we should and should not do. So upon further thought I guess your right cuz GOD didn't make religions either and yea religions do try to tell ya stuff. and Scout you have made a very right observasion about the crusades, but religion was a CAUSE for it all was it not. Everyone concerned keep up the enlightened thoughts

-----------------------
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  769
August 22, 2006 12:07:48 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Oh please. Evolution gave us freedom of thought, that's why we're not monkeys. Religion is all about conformity and the belief in a single set of ideals. If that's freedom of thought, then God is communist.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  117
August 22, 2006 7:43:03 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Sorry Garet if I have to get a little harsh here ,  maybe your ancestors were monkey and ape but mine weren't .  Even the evolutionist themselves are starting to question the theory of evolution .  For even one animal to evolve into another is a miracle .  For  hundreds of thousands of them to do so ,  there had to be a greater hand envolved .  I have alot of multi-faceted beliefs . However evolution isn't one of them . In the last over 10,000 years of recorded history have you or anyone seen one single animal evolve into another . I personally think 10,000 years is long enough for one animal to change into another .  It hasn't happenned because it never will .  Not to get biblical on you because the Bible to me is only an old Book that has historical knowledge kept within it ,  but it says in the book of Genesis (notice how the first part of that word is gene) chapter 1 verse 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after thier kind, and everything that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: in other words we were all made to be exactly as we are not to evolve into something else .  Otherwise cute little penquins might inherit the Earth someday ,  and then what kinda world would that be . I'm not descended from monkeys . Call me alien if you like but APE I AM NOT. Ever heard of the book Chariots of the Gods . I have it . I'll send it to you if you like . In that book copyright 1969 it makes reference to an old Sumarian book that closely paralleled the  Bible itself . In that book it talked of  an alien race that came down to Earth and  did actual genetic research . It doesn't say it out loud  ,  but if you put the references to angels making men together with some of the other stories contained there in ,  as an enlightened person you can see through the rhetoric references and on to the real facts. If you ever knew anyone older than say your mother in your life and have ever really listened to what they had to say you might understand what I mean .  I myself exaggerate daily. Imagine how people might have had to exaggerate  years ago . Anyway I'm rambling now sooooooo. Any thoughts, anybody.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mykill Doomslayer (edited August 22, 2006 8:02:29 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  772
August 22, 2006 8:36:12 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
We are monkeys, each and every one of us. The reason why we haven't seen evolution is because we're in the year 2006. Intelligent life hasn't been around for very long, nevermind long enough to document something like evolution. Not to mention that scientists find new species every week. Who's to say that isn't evolution?

Ever heard of survival of the fittest? You think someone as balanced as God would implement that idea? No, that is nature's way of weeding out the strong from the weak. That's how we evolve, adaptation. God would probably make creatures to fit the conditions of the planet. Well, guess what? We're still struggling.

You bring me hard evidence that evolution is bullshit and then I'll believe in your "God created us" nonsense.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  119
August 22, 2006 9:04:01 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Garet that's a deal .  However  I didn't say God created us ,  first of all .  I was mearly impling that maybe there were more than one hands envolved in the creation of US HUMANS . I personally am not decended from an ape . I would like to think that there was more envolved there . Everybody raise thier hands who wants thier Grandmother to be an ape . You show me evidence that proves that we ARE descended from apes . There are commonalities but no direct proof that we are an evolutional process . Sorry man . Yes new species are found everyday with NEW technology that we didn't even have ten years ago . That doesn't provce anything as well as the fact that the missing link still hasn't been found because there isn't one . You be all the ape you can be .  I was created and  my ancestors overcame your neanderthal and the other ten species of apes that were living at the time my ancestors were created and that is why there are so many dumb m^$%#( F^$96#(s out there .  I can see where one of my ancestors might have mated with some of the local hominids of the area . I see it everyday .  Low brows no real thinking abilities .  Sorry really not implying what you think because I don't think you were descended from ape either . As smart as you are , you were created . Might of been a test tube of all those aliens that visit us every day but , You are not an ape . HAHA Watch planet of the apes it's cool. And I mean the original with Charlton Heston . " Get your hands off me you dirty Ape"

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mykill Doomslayer (edited August 22, 2006 9:23:20 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  826
Total Posts:  1587
August 22, 2006 9:05:01 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Damn Mykill, we ended this whole argument already in the apocalypse
topic. Does every lounge topic have to turn into a pointless argument over something that has been discussed to death?

Stay on topic, please.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  120
August 22, 2006 9:14:49 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
I'm sorry I thought I was .  It's all cool .  I didn't mean to really ,mess anyone up .  I was just trying to prove my point

-----------------------
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  193
Total Posts:  794
August 22, 2006 11:03:43 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Wait, let me think about this for a sec. I'm attempting to reconfigure my brain so I can make this a bit more fair for the less logical people that have participated in this coversation. Mind you if you take offence to that statement then part of you finds it true. Though I am, by no means, the most logical or intelligent of people.

I would like to say that 10,000 years is far too short of period  for anything to evolve in a manner to which a major difference can be seen. If you don't believe in evolution, then the next time you are in a blizzard I expect you to freeze.

"But I won't freeze, I'll wear a coat," says Mykill.

Yes you will. Guess what that is? Adaptation. Take a guess as to what a long period of adaptation is? Let's say it together...evolution. Yes, that is right. Now then, that is just an example of modern human adaptation. Let's move it to animals. During the winter many animals tend to grow in a thicker coat of fur. Thus, allowing them to live in the colder climates. Though the animals that live in the dessert* don't grow that fur in the winter. Primarily, because their winters are warmer.

Art made a very good point that the proverbial "6 day creation" could have been a period of billions of years per day. I can admit that I nver thought about it like that and is a completely logical way of thinking about it. I would have to take a guess of about .75 billion years per day. That is based of off the suspected age of the Earth (4.55 billion years) and divided by 6, thus giving about .75 billion years per day.**

You may think that 4.55 billion years wouldn't be enough time for homo sapiens to evolve from apes. Now you may think, well homo sapiens are in a different genus then apes, but it is possible to trace back to the other geni from our own. In fact, in the genus, Homo, there are other species. I would suggest that you look up on them.

Evolution, I find, is always looked at in a far to broad way. For example, Mykill you give the impression that you see humans and apes. You don't show that you view anything in between that transition from ape to human, which there clearly was. Neanderthals for example.

Really there is no denying that evolution happened. Mainly because if one finds adaptation to be true then they must find evolution to be true. For evolution is really just a long series of adaptations that plants and animals have aquired in order to live in the areas that they do. For example, Africans are dark skinned because their bodies produce far more melanin because the place that they live or originated from called for a darker skin tone to prevent from skin damage. Possibly, at one time it was for camouflage from predators or to aid them in hunting prey.***

I believe that I have proved my point enough on that matter. I apologize for this massive off topic post. And as Darr said this was pretty well ended in the other topic.

*Refering to desserts like the Sahara, not a dessert like in Russia

**Just so you all know that I didn't pull a number out of the air and say that was it.

***My personal thought on what it was used for. It is possible that creatures of the Homo genus were not always sentient.

"...I guess your right cuz GOD didn't make religions either...(Mykill, post 114)."

Exactly, God didn't make religions. Man did. It began with the Sumerians around 3000 B.C.E. (B.C.E. = Before Common Era)

Conflicts in the Middle East can be traced abck to 14th and 15th century Europe. I'm not going to continue for I believe I have said far too much as it is.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

ASL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awsome I am.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Member

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  333
Total Posts:  860
August 23, 2006 12:49:29 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
[quote=Sam]"But I won`t Freeze, I`ll wear a Jacket" Mykill says.[/quote]

True enough for people who come from warmer climates. Myself being Albertan and having become use to a large range of tempuratures (-45 C in the winter to +37C in the summer), alot of the time if we go from -40 to -25 overnight, it somehow becomes t-shirt weather, in maybe a light windbreaker, or no jacket at all. I have 'Adapted' to a cooler climate.

One thing I still don`t get is when an adaptation could mean life or death, and the select species would normally not be able to take the time to adapt to it. For example, the animals which grow a thicker coat of fur in the winter to keep from freezing. Sure, they have developed it now, but what about the first 'versions' of that species. The one`s who didn`t know that the winter could be deathly cold. Did they just 'will' themselves to grow a coat of thick fur? I know that I can`t just 'will' myself to grow my arm hair another inch (Although why I`d want to, I dunno).

Wouldn`t the first one`s have ended up freezing, possibly to death if it was cold enough, and thus 'ending' the species?

Its just one thing I find somewhat inplausable about evolution, the fact that the animals can obtain physical adaptations so quickly in order for them to survive.

-----------------------
FL/MCPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)[VC:B][SWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  775
August 23, 2006 12:56:12 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Again, survival of the fittest. The originals did die out, and the ones that adapted (evolved into a new species) are still around. You don't see neanderthals walking around still, do you? They all died out and their relatives are still around.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  195
August 23, 2006 5:10:37 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
First my point about the jacket was just to simulate an adaptation. Besides that it doesn't matter where you live, being human, you are still suseptable to hypothermia, which can set in at 70 degrees Fahrenheit, which is about 21 celsius. It doesn't matter if you live in colder temps you entire life because with modern technology is disables the requirement for biological adaptation in humans anyhow. Either way it was an example.

Adaptation is progressive not instant. Animals aren't able to move or migrate into a colder/warmer climate and be able to instantly develope an adaptation such as an increase/decreased coat. As animals move towards a different climate these adaptations progress or as the climate changes in their own living areas. That is why these things take time and a lot of it.

You do bring up a good point about it though. It was my fault to think that everyone would see that right off. That isn't to mean anything about you, just so you know.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1530
August 23, 2006 6:43:39 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
"Than S.  I too agree with the botch up in Tienimen Square. That's what happens when governments become too powerful."

On the contrary, this is what happens when powerful governments lose their power.  These sorts of actions are desparation moves when the government knows it is losing some of its control.  A perfect dictatorship would commit such attrocities right at the start and eliminate all threats.  Everything nasty that needs to be done do it in one act and be finished so that the public is not consistnetly reminded through repeated acts of barbarity.  At least this is what Machiavelli argues and I believe he is correct (though I do not endorse his views in the Prince).

-----------------------

Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  123
August 25, 2006 1:10:23 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
I don't have alot of time here cuz I have just finally finished my bios and have studying on Chptr. II to do .  However I can't help myself on this subject .  It does seem as if we have gotten off topic .  But ,  thank you Mr. Evenson on your very enlightening views of how an animal or anyone could adapt to such a climate change so hastily . It can't happen and even after thirty thousand years in the cold with a coat on I won't change or my sons or thier sons or thier great ,  great great great grandsons . It's just not going to happen . And ,  yes I think 10,000 years is long enough to see at least one ,  only one species not only adapt but evolve . I have made alot of research into this very subject . Above all I am a history nut .  That is what makes the Bible and the Old Sumarian books so precious . Who knows the name of the old Sumarian Bible ? He who knows that holds the key to what I am trying to say .
  I don't want to sound like an idiot , although a few of you  already think I do ,  but  , that book is the key to all my arguements . I know it .  I just want you to know it and research it.
  To further my arguements , Garet says " you don't see neanderthals walking around anymore .. HAHAHAHA .  Yes I do Garet . It was what I was trying to tell you before . There are two more books you , and not just you Garet ,  must read ,  and those are Life ,  A Natural History of the First Four Billion Years of Life on Earth  by RICHARD FORTEY , and Millennium ,  A History of the Last Thousand Years by Felipe Fernandez-Armesto .  In the book of Life ,  it explains as to how there were at least 10 different species of hominids living at one time ,  and scientifically proven that homo-sapiens ,  meaning us either destroyed or incorporated Neaderthals into our society . Yae man we made them us . I see some of them walking the streets every day . Hasn't a single one of you felt like telling some neanderthal #$@%&^*&(  to go to hell . Grow a brain or something . Please don't turn this around on me by perhaps calling me a neanderthal , because neanderthals didn't think as we do.. I think I am with the best bunch of logically thinking people I could be with . I am kinda hairy though . And you could compare me to an ape . However , I like to think different ,  like I said before . Not even going on and on about God , I like to think that there were other hands involved in our creation and that we merely took over the world . Look at us . Some times I wonder as smart as we are ,  if we are not a plague upon our dear Mother Earth instead of the infestation we have become . And whether all those neanderthals will reinherit the Earth .  Best wishes all Mykill

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mykill Doomslayer (edited August 25, 2006 1:14:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Mykill Doomslayer (edited August 25, 2006 1:25:42 AM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

Post Number:  785
August 25, 2006 10:48:14 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
You're wrong. THere are no Neanderthals anywhere. The species has either died, or evolved, but there's no such thing as "Neanderthal" in this world any more.

But you are right about one thing: Homo Sapians didn't just exist and start taking over. Homo Sapians are evolved from species such as the Neanderthal. Once all the other species of our human ancestry had all died out/evolved to our level, civilization started to exist.

Be it villages or tribes, the different civilizations were the evolution of certain types of species. And if you haven't picked up yet, once a species evolves, it is a different species.

-----------------------
Jester Squad

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  198
August 25, 2006 5:42:14 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
/me pulls the emergency stop rope

Hold up, you just acknowledged the existance of neanderthals, which means that you would have to acknowledge evolution as being true. Why? Because if I'm not mistaken, now where in the bible does it ever reference a similar species to humans, and because you base your entire argument off of the bible, you completely just killed your point.

Next, 10,000 years isn't not long enough for a trait due to evolution to really show, nor is 20,000, or 30,000. Millions of years it does take, for a trait to show by process of evolution.

I hath a question for everyone. School time!!

Do you believe that animals and plants can adapt to their enviroment?
Why or why not? (Be sure to support your ideas and points with fact)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  934
Total Posts:  1338
August 25, 2006 6:41:24 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
AHHH.

*Kairo sees the mention of the word "school," and runs from the room screaming, "Why Sam, Why? How could you bring School into the realms of the VE?"*

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/GSG Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
D'har Leth
ComNet Initiate

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  178
Total Posts:  501
August 25, 2006 11:33:19 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
*D'har shakes his fist. . .

Damn you Sam!

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/Nar Shaddaa

*92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music,
copy and paste this into your signature.*

{Official VE Zombie Expert}

www.pointedstick.chaosmagic.com
Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  127
August 26, 2006 1:49:51 AM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
To :Sandwich Sam and Garet and some of the others of you,
I feel as if there is no arguing with you , and I don't want to argue with you anymore . As intelligent human beings ,  we can agree to disagree .After I have said my final peace tonite ,  I expect you to say your final piece ,  and then we can go on from there and perhaps start a new topic , or move on to a new subject .
I have heard all your arguements on the theories of how we Homo- Sapiens have evolved from other lesser species . I personally don't buy into any of that . As I have said before ,  you can be all the ape you want to be .  Once again , and I don't think any of you naysayers are really reading what I have written , I reitterate the fact that WE WERE CREATED . I didn't say BY GOD . ONLY THAT WE WERE CREATED . Be it by God or Gods or aliens I don't really care . I only know deep down within my heart that my ancestors were not apes monkeys or neanderthals . My ancestors so-existed with at least 7 to 10 different species of humanoids and my ansestors won the battle for survival . You talk about survival of the fittest ?  You like to talk about adapting ? We are the most adaptive species on Earth . That doesn't make us an evolution .If you read some of the books I have given you to reference , you too , would accept some of my arguements , at the very least . For a complete list of books for you to read that explain how many different species co-existed and how us as Homo-Sapiens eventually gained control of the Earth e-mail me at [email protected] . This is the last time  I will expound upon this subject . Love ya all Mykill Doomslayer P.S. I  can't help myself . As an intelligent human being I find it right to be polite . Something our supposed ancestors never found a reason for .

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mykill Doomslayer (edited August 26, 2006 2:51:02 AM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Iraq then Iran  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:32:54 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 131  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >