Post Number:  403
Total Posts:  814
  RE: Iraq then Iran
August 9, 2006 6:14:10 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
WMD, what's that?

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  917
Total Posts:  1338
August 9, 2006 7:30:41 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
Weapons of Mass Destruction....

-----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/GSG Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  409
August 10, 2006 8:13:19 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
The UN, by the way, would never be wrong about the WMD, only the US, the liars!

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Hunter Plasma
ComNet n00b

Hunter Plasma

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  89
August 10, 2006 9:25:00 AM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
The goverment never lied to us . They thought they had enough evidence to assume that Iraq had WMD

-----------------------
If your not with me your my enemy -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Hunter Plasma (edited August 10, 2006 9:26:07 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  429
Total Posts:  2089
August 10, 2006 9:32:14 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
oh I'm sure the government lied many times Hunter, not necessarily about WMDs though, I still personally think its a lie to get an excuse to go into Iraq for black gold.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 10, 2006 9:32:26 AM)]
Hunter Plasma
ComNet n00b

Hunter Plasma

Post Number:  13
August 10, 2006 9:36:54 AM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
I don't think they went in there for oil because then our gas prices wouldn't be so high or would they Rouge Boy lol

-----------------------
D'har Leth
ComNet Initiate

D'har Leth

Post Number:  147
Total Posts:  501
August 10, 2006 9:40:56 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Well, it sure as hell wasn't to liberate Iraq, or else there wouldn't be well over 300,000 dead civilians.

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/Nar Shaddaa

{Official VE Zombie Expert}
Jakireth
ComNet Veteran

Jakireth

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1195
Total Posts:  1356
August 10, 2006 10:34:16 AM    View the profile of Jakireth 
Government lying?

Of course!

My gov't has always been untruthful with me, I'm comfortable with that. It's the global bullying shiste that uncovers most of our troubles, though.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
Army of the Vast Empire
------------------------
ASL/SGT Jakireth/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]
Rep/Reporter Jakireth/NewsRep: 2/News Division/VET/VE
Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1502
Total Posts:  2143
August 10, 2006 10:46:20 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Your comfort with government dishonesty worries me greatly.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  730
Total Posts:  1348
August 10, 2006 11:13:55 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Unfortunately Iraq *is* about oil... If it didn't start out that way, then it ended up like that.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSG Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"If evil were a lesser breed than justice after all the years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin." - OK Go
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  177
Total Posts:  794
August 10, 2006 11:30:58 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
"I don't think they went in there for oil because then our gas prices wouldn't be so high or would they Rouge Boy lol"

You can't possibly be serious. Think about it. The government wants gas prices to be high. With high gas prices means more income for the gas companies, more income means more income tax on that money, which in turn gets the government more money.
(this concept may not be exact to what really happens, but it is probably quite similar, which just happens to be why I refer to it as a concept)

In my book, government and greed are nearly synonymous.

As far as lies go with government. It isn't that they "lied" about WMDs it is more they acted before getting enough information to have a firm foundation for their argument.

This doesn't mean that I agree with the reasons that this happened nor does it mean that I think it is "ok" for governments to lie. This is just adding logical thought to the matter.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

ASL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

"Oh logic, thou art the most wise of beasts" - me
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited August 10, 2006 11:31:53 AM)]
Hunter Plasma
ComNet n00b

Hunter Plasma

Post Number:  15
August 10, 2006 6:44:54 PM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
Yeah u know what Sandwich Sam ur right  about the oil .

-----------------------
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  418
August 11, 2006 5:13:21 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
great job, Sam, you should be a debate person, you'd make a lot of influence on people.

"In my book, government and greed are nearly synonymous."

Love this quote, I must get this printed on the pages of all the newspapers, maybe Sam should write the contents of it.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 11, 2006 5:14:27 AM)]
Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1504
August 11, 2006 6:45:27 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
I would like to offer one nuance to that statement.  "Government and greed can sometimes be synonymous".  Governments can be crooked and even corrupt but I do not believe that their essence is corrupt.  The best way to prevent such actions on the part of the government is education, an open and free media, and a new political discourse that focuses on issues and not sound bites.  Not all politicians are corrupt, not all governments are greedy, but alas the perception is the opposite and that is a most unfortunate thing.

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][GWC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  181
August 11, 2006 11:16:17 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
"...I do not believe that their essence is corrupt(Arturus, post 1504)."

It really isn't a matter of essence. Look at it this way, water can have pollutants in it, but technically its essence is still good. The water is still two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen.

Governments are similar to the water. Their essence isn't corrupt, but they have "pollutants." It is the same concept.

Though I suppose I should have been specific and said the US's government is nearly synonymous to greed in my book. My fault on that one.

Plus, I didn't say they were synonymous, just nearly synonymous, which I guess means they are quite similar. I could have said similar or almost the same thing I just wanted to use synonymous 'cause it is fun to say. :P

"...but alas the perception is the opposite and that is a most unfortunate thing(Arturus, post 1504)."

The perception is only opposite because in the modern world, people have been taught to look for the flaws in things and not look at the good things. This is kind of "cheesy" but Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall," is a good example of these teachings. The main role models for children are teachers, who focus most of the time, on what the student has done wrong or incorrectly. Teachers may see the good things that students have done, but those are not circled in red, which subtlely implants the idea that we, as a people, must look for what is wrong. This mentallity forces people to see only the darkness of things rather than both the light and dark in equality.

People are supposed to "learn from their mistakes" but by doing so just re-enforces the mentallity that was mentioned above. The only way to learn and avoid this mentallity is to, rather than focus on just mistakes or success, is to accept both without a bias towards one or the other. If a mistake is made and is brought to one's attention one should fix it rather than dwell upon it. The same holds true for a success that is brought to one's attention.

I've been told many a time to "look on the brightside" yet those who say that don't do it themselves. I never look on just one side, dark or light. I find myself to be open minded and look at both aspects of things.

Enough of my ramblings for now.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1505
August 11, 2006 2:35:47 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Well the system is starting to change to avoid just point out the wrong.  To be honest I think this is a ludicrous idea.  If someone fails they fail, there is no positive in that.  We need not apply emotions to these things; if something is wrong it is wrong, there is no bright side.  Emotion need not be applied to something as simple as that.  You are given an assignment, if you do it right well done; if you do it wrong you do it wrong and the teacher's job is to say that.  If we were smart we would not only reverse the course of banning red pen, getting rid of grades for elementary school students, etc. and bring all of that back plus begin posting grades or informing students of how they rank compared to the class.

The school system is selling out to child psychologists which I believe is detrimental to society.  Failure is part of life; we have to deal with it.  Those who can't handle it will fall behind.  School is a good place to teach students about life's pitfalls and how to cope.  If you fail, you get back up, work and try harder.  What we need is common sense not the attachment of emotion.

I guess I'll put it this way.  I agree that some balance is important but in the school system it is not needed (sorry the school system is one topic that I will rant about for hours because I believe we are getting it all wrong).  As a perfectionist I find balance hard but I recognize that it is a healthy approach in most cases.  It is useless and detrimental in the school system though.

On another note, I really liked your water argument Sam, you make a really good point.

-----------------------

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  182
August 12, 2006 12:28:58 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
"If someone fails they fail, there is no positive in that (Arturus, post 1505)."

I would have to disagree. Failure can be attributed to nearly an infinite number of reasons. For instance, if a student fails on an English paper. The student may have made many valid points that pertained to the subject matter, but due to other factors, such as syntax; spelling; and word usage, are probable causes for the failure, not the information given by the student. The information given would be a positive in the failure.

I find that nothing is completely negative nor positive. Though often times the negative or positive will be greater than the counterpart.

"...if you do it wrong you do it wrong and the teacher's job is to say that (Arturus, post 1505)."

Once again, I must disagree in part. It is the educator's job to point out the wrongs done, but it is also their job to point out the success in the incorrect and they are to find a way to aid the student in correcting the mistakes. Often times, I have found, in my personal experience, that teachers point out the incorrect and make a vague note about it. For instance, on an English paper, my teacher has circled a sentence or something and put "vague" or something similar. That does not aid me in correcting the problem because in my mind what was written was quite precise.

"I guess I'll put it this way.  I agree that some...in the school system though (Arturus post 1505)."

You make good points, but my intent of my earlier post was not to suggest a total reform of the educational system, though I did say that there needs to be some change. I must admit that portion was a digression from the point in which the mentality of "looking on the dark side" was subtly implanted, which is the reason for "the perception [being] the opposite (Arturus post 1504)" of what it should be or what it is believed it should be.

"...you'd make a lot of influence on people (Jennabelle, post 418)."

That may be true but I find that only people who want to be influence are influenced. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with that. I do not make posts like this to influence people, it is more to persuade them to think in a similar fashion to myself and allow thoughts to emerge forth from the person(s) so that everyone may be enlightened. Those who speak their minds without fear of being ridiculed, tend to truly say something that has that certain item to make an impact upon those that read it.

Anyhow, I apologize for getting off the topic of this thread. Man, I'm becoming quite philosophical.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited August 12, 2006 12:31:00 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  421
August 12, 2006 6:58:21 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
well, my philisopical points on page 6 was never taken into account, to the amount of people who haven't watched those movies, I mean, come on, we live in this kind of world where wars are waged for driving out terrorist groups and finding weapons of mass destruction (which there isn't any). I appreciate Sam pointing out the "pollution" in the waters, cause the US government has "pollutants." They take part in the Iraq war only to stop a tactic that would have wiped out Al-Queda, for Bush was impatient after 9-11 happened and grasped at the opportunity in Iraq, to capture Saddam.

People, it's about the oil, it's about finding weapons of mass destructions, it's about destroying the lives of children in Iraq, not literacy in Iraq, how will those kids grow up, I mean, they'll go for sucide at the first chance. Watch Syriana, it's a good movie.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  149
Total Posts:  760
August 14, 2006 9:20:01 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Vietnam was fighting the Commies.  If they are anything like China or North Korea, they were worth fighting.  Saddam Husain is a bad man.  I believe that it is a sin to not do the right thing when you have the ability to do so.

I also hold the belief that the UN has the wrong definition of "peace" is more than just guns not being fired at each other.  Peace is not letting the Chinese Government do what they very well please to anyone that peacefully opposses them or Communism in general.  Sometimes it takes violent action and breaking the UN's definition of peace to do the right thing.  That is how my goverment was formed, that is what I believe.

Now don't give me any if someone dropped bombs on the U.S. and took over I would be depressed and want to kill my self.  Quite the opposite, I would join a resistence cell, I would kill as many of those invading bastards as I could until I could drive them out or I died with honor trying.  But that is because I grew up in a democracy.  The attitude for ones goverment for many under a dictatorship or military government would be quite different.

I am hopeing that one day a rebellion will break out in China and North Korea that would fight the corrupt goverments.  Many would call them terrorist, but people that understand would call them freedom fighters.

On the other hand, militant Islam really is terrorist that just live to hate western culture in a genocidal fashion.

Final note: If you are Christian, Chinese Christianity is under ground because the Commies kill thier religious leaders and send them to force laber in the "Christmas Light Project" complex.

Now I will step off of my soap box and move on with life for a while.

-----------------------
EFM/MPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
1st in Creativity
2nd best Pilot
Best of all, Elite.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2098
Total Posts:  2689
August 15, 2006 6:54:31 AM    View the profile of Fury 
"I believe that it is a sin to not do the right thing when you have the ability to do so." - Than Sion

Laudable personal goal. Horrific foreign policy strategem.

Besides, look at all the crap we've sunk to in order to fight terrorists and/or Iraqis, etc.  Torture is quasi-legal, as is pre-emptive war, not to mention the quashing of civil liberties at home. We've propped up dictatorships before, since, and likely in the future. Sometimes WE are the ones who feed evil and do not do the right thing. I don't believe we're doing any better job of it these days, unfortunately.

This is not the America I was born in. And I was born during the Nixon years. It is sad this that *this* is the face our leaders have decided to present to the world. It is not in our traditions and I, for one, will be glad to see it disappear. The sooner, the better.

Let someone else rule by fear, and be ruled by it. That's just not American in any sense of the word.

And, seriously, who the hell thought up the concept of forcing democracy on people at the barrel of a gun?

-----------------------
PRF/SM Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx2][SCPx2][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSM][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  432
August 15, 2006 7:45:58 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
fury's right, and I for one think Than Sion has been in the bad side of politics too much, cause that's just the kind of people being mocked by the Chinese.

The Chinese are good people, they are a developing country and they require our help. I being a Chinese Christian, one thing you stated correctly was that, Than, but everything else was crap,

I don't know where Than got his information, but I think it's totally messed up, his ideals is exactly how America got mixed in Iraq, it's old Eisenhower dominos again, if one government falls to a dictator, so will all the others.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  760
August 15, 2006 1:34:40 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Ok, I never said that the United States should "live by the sword." I never said I believed that the United States was a perfect government. I have seen many examples of things that my government has done in the past (and probably even now) that weren't right. But at the end of the day we aren't really that bad. I can say f!@$ President Bush right in front of a police officer and get away with it.

On the other hand I understand that my hate for dislike for Imperialism and Stalin/Moa ze Dung(Yes, I know I probably spelled it wrong) style Communism is higher than most. The question is probably then why am I in a Star Wars Community that is Imperial. The same reason I want to be Soviet in the next local paint ball scenario. The irony I find entertaining and plus the SW EU authors never stop making the NR look like a bunch of hypocrites.

Jennebelle, I had a hard time figuring out what you were exactly saying about my comments about China.  I think you meant that at least part of them were correct, but I want to make sure before I go on with anything about that.

-----------------------
EFM/MPO Than Sion/Kaph 6/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
1st in Creativity
2nd best Pilot
Best of all, Elite.
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  438
August 15, 2006 2:11:52 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I think democracy is the new religion and that democratic armies are the new Teutonic knights, and Commies are the new non-believers which is such a load of crap I think things might have been better if communiciation wasnt so developed.

-----------------------

TRP/LCPL_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 15, 2006 3:33:40 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2100
August 15, 2006 3:11:26 PM    View the profile of Fury 
I'm gonna say this for everyone:

Huh?

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  439
August 15, 2006 3:32:18 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Christianity was being forced through the point of a sword, Teutonic Knights slaughtered everyone who would not convert, men, women, and children, burned them, beheaded them, all kinds of terrible stuff, unfortunately the wiki makes light on their crimes. If you saw the movie kingdom of heaven (which I thought the ending was well done) it would show the Templars (Who are the same as Teutonic Knights) attacking innocent Sarissans,

How that fits into todays world is Demos going to war with Commies

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited August 15, 2006 3:35:45 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Expert

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1508
August 15, 2006 3:51:05 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Forgive me for my ignorance but I don't seem to recall the western world actually at war with communists right now.  There may be tensions with North Korea but really I fail to see this communism vs. democracy battle.  Please enlighten me.  All I see right now is the end of an Isareli invasion of Lebanon in response to Hezbollah attacks, the US still fighting in Iraq, the west still fighting in Afghanistan, and the continued presence of international Islamic terrorism.

-----------------------

Mykill Doomslayer
ComNet Initiate

Mykill Doomslayer

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  187
August 15, 2006 7:28:33 PM    View the profile of Mykill Doomslayer 
Wow, I thought you all told me this was a dead subject ? Seems there is a whole lot more to talk about than any of  YOU thought? Read back to some of my earlier posts and then if you STILL have questions lemme know.  IT'S A HOLY WAR OUT THERE don't ya know?

-----------------------
"my soul was cast into the vastness of space for my fear of loneliness" Chronicles of Mykill Doomslayer bk III>chpt 6
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  187
August 15, 2006 7:54:40 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
You see, the thing is we as a logical group of individuals moved the conversation from your theoretical "holy war" to something more relevant.

You are clearly a bible person. That is great, but the fact of the matter is that this war is based off of the proverbial "personal gain" not some religious desire. In this case, I find it to be the desire for oil. Plain and simple.

This is an exchange of ideas, not a "hey this is what I believe to be true all your ideas are crackpot" discussion.

(Disclaimer: This post was not thought out at all. For the logical readers, please disregard any stupidity in the afore mentioned post. Thank you.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Fury
ComNet Overlord

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2102
August 15, 2006 8:05:35 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Playing this into a holy war concept only gives creedence to the radical psychos on both sides (all sides?) of the various conflicts.

I'm tired of dealing with idiot zealots and will thus maintain to refuse to sink to their level.

Plus, as Art says, there are no communists currently in conflict against the West. Call our adversaries fascists, dictators, anarchists, theocratic goons, etc. and you can stay in the narrow bounds of what reality is.

Seriously folks, don't drink the kool-aid without checking out the contents first.

-----------------------
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  440
August 15, 2006 8:13:04 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
now all I'm saying is that whoever goes to war they will always have a good PR reason and communism seems to fit as a good reason even though I disagree, The only good reason I can think of going to war is when your threatened, thats it.

-----------------------

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Iraq then Iran  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:56:17 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 108  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >