Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  357
Total Posts:  1348
  RE: Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)
February 22, 2006 12:20:50 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet lolled his head, trying to make any movement. He had a massive headache, from god knows what. He finally managed to pick up his head, so he worked on his eyes. Slowly, they started to flicker open. He was hazy to the situation, and he had no clue what happened. The last thing he could remember was sitting in a room with Arzano and Evani. As his eyes opened, Garet noticed a foggy shape in front of him. He tried to look up, but when he moved his neck he felt a sharp pain. He reached up, devoid of energy, and felt around. He found what was bothering him, and pulled it out.

He looked up now that the dart was out of his neck. Garet's head bobbed left and right, trying to pick out who was standing in front of him. Then the figure spoke.

"Good evening, Mr. Ganler." Garet heard the voice like he was listening through a wall.

"How do you feel?" said the voice, patting him a couple times on the cheek.

"What... what happened?" Garet said lazily, almost unable to say it at all.

"You are under the influence of a nerve agent. Bloodshot eyes, lacking energy, it's all the usual. I suppose you can't hear very well either. Head pains? Yes, well, it was all necessary. Don't worry& It isn't fatal. No, we'll save that for later. For now, you need to tell me who you really are."

"My name is Ganler Greshin. I'm from Dantooine." Garet said, labored.

"Don't lie to me, worm!" Garet received a punch to the face, knocking him over. Trying to retaliate, Garet leaned up against the wall and pushed himself up. He lifted his arm up to punch, but it fell back down, and he began to stumble to his side. As he strafed to save himself, he received another punch to his face.

"Get me when he's ready to talk. It's time we go get some answers from his 'master'." Garet began picking himself up again, but only came back down from a kick to his side. He blacked out.

-----

"Don't get up," said another blurred voice as he was shaken awake, different then the first. "Or I'll make this harder on you."

Garet, resilient, tried to pick himself up, but was forced back down by someone stepping on him.

"Let me... go," he said under the pressure. He could feel the movements; the weight shifted from a foot to a knee in his back, and the same person grabbed Garet's head. The next thing he felt was his wrists being grabbed and handcuffed.

"Hold him down," said the voice. Garet felt a circular metal object touch the side of his neck, and something stabbing down into it. Garet couldn't breathe with the object in his neck, and he started to struggle. He could feel a cold liquid being injected into his skin and tingling his throat. Then, suddenly, he could breathe, and the pressure was lifted off his back.

Even more amazingly, his hazy vision returned to normal, and voices were coming through clear now. And he had his energy back. Someone propped him up by the handcuffs and waist, and he could see who it was.

Uh oh...

He looked around more, on the ground there was a shot officer, as well as another person who Garet guessed was his captor.

"By the Law of Utapau, you are under arrest for breaking and entering, destruction of private property, and resisting arrest." Said the policeman in front of him.

Three officers led him outside, where there was a small shuttle waiting. It didn't seem like there was anyone else to Garet, so he made his move. He twisted his body violently, flinging the two officers off of him. When he was free, he charged and body checked the third to the ground. He quickly put his foot to the officer's neck.

"Take these off of me!" Garet demanded. The officer, fearing his life, input the security code onto the handcuff panel. The cuffs clicked open, and Garet flung them at one of the two other officers who was getting up. The cuffs hit him in the face, and he fell back down.

"Gun, now!" Garet yelled at the one still pinned under his foot. The officer quickly, but clumsily, grabbed his blaster and handed it over. Garet released him, but kicked him in the side so he wouldn't get up. He quickly ran to the third officer who was just getting up and pointed the blaster at him. The officer froze in fear. Garet took the butt of the blaster and hit the officer between his shoulder and neck, knocking him out.

Garet then strode over to the officer he hit with the handcuffs. Pointing the blaster at him, Garet asked where the anti-nerve agent was. The guard pointed to the first officer, and Garet kicked him in the chest.

He searched the body of the first officer and found three vials and what looked like an injector. He grabbed two of the three vials and the injector, and jogged away.

The building Garet was in seemed to be one of about five. He knew Evani and Arzano were in two out of the remaining four, so he went to go look.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/CPL Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxy... and guns." -Jennifer Mui, 'Mercenaries'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 22, 2006 12:21:43 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  444
Total Posts:  765
February 23, 2006 9:17:08 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
"How much farther?" Zafo inquired, forcing the last drops of water from his canteen into his incredibly dry mouth. His stomach growled in disappointment as liquid passed into his stomach instead of food.

"Seems like we are just more than halfway" Jenny answered, looking up from the map. "I think we are in need of a..."

"Break?" Zafo interrupted "My thoughts exactly." He threw Jenny a smile, fearing he may have come across as harsh. Lack of food and water and thrown him into a slightly cranky mood.

"How far to the next town?"

Jenny took another look at the dirty map she was holding.

"We are just coming upon it, should be no more than twenty minutes." She answered with assurance.

Cheers of joy erupted behind Zafo who was leading the pack. Clearly he wasn't the only one who needed a break. As the squad neared the small village, Zafo began forming a quick plan of action in his head. When they were within sight of the town, Zafo stopped the squad and filled them in.

"We can't all go in there, we killed police officers back there, they're onto us." Zafo looked from soldier to soldier, trying to make up his mind.

"Vint," he continued at last. "You've been with us the least amount of time, so they are least likely to recognize you. Here are some credits, fetch us all the food and water you can." Zafo placed a fair number of chips into the PFC's hand.

Zafo watched as the newly appointed Dragoons sunk into the ground and into the village. The wind began to pick up and shoot stinging pieces of sand into Zafo's face, forcing him to draw his hood over his head. The squad sat patiently as the waited for Vint to return. No one spoke a word. Everyone was much to wrapped up in their thoughts over the events of the morning or their hunger.

Unexpectedly, Zafo's comlink broke the gusty silence.

"Senior Sergeant Zafo, do you copy?" The nasal voice sounded.

"Yeah, what's going on?"

"Where is Sergeant Evani?"

Zafo swallowed. "We haven't heard from her in nearly a day..."

"Oh" The voice stopped, then continued as if the possible loss of a life meant nothing to him. Then again, why should it?

"I have another requested soldiers, fresh out of the academy. If you give me your co-ordinates, I could have him dropped off in a matter of minutes."

Zafo sent out the squad's co-ordinates and before closing the connection added; "Make it fast."

Even before Vint returned from his quest, a speeder pulled up beside the resting squad. The hatch opened and a figure hoped from the vehicle and landed on the ground. A gust of wind shot a huge cloud of dust into the new comer's face.

Coughing out a mouthful of dust, the form spoke.

"Private First Class Daminga, reporting for duty."

The form snapped into a crisp salute.

"No need for that kinda business out here." Zafo said, a smile drawing across his face.

"Welcome to the Squad Daminga, my name is Zafo, and I'm your Assistant Squad Leader. As you can tell, we don't have any more Varactyls, so you will have to ride with Vint when he returns with the supplies."

Zafo stopped talking for a second and took a long look and the Private First Class. He thought back to his first days in the army. The panic, the thrill, all the emotions of his first mission seemed to replay themselves within his mind.

Zafo pulled his gaze away from Daminga and brought it upon the rest of the squad.

"What are you all waiting for? Introduce yourselves dammit!"

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEĀ  [BC] [EW2]
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited February 23, 2006 9:23:24 PM)]
daminga
ComNet n00b

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  242
February 25, 2006 1:34:23 AM    View the profile of daminga 
"Very nice, Brother Wind, way to make me look good," Daminga thought as he spat out tiny crystals of sand

"Private First Class Daminga, reporting for duty."

Daminga preformed a classic textbook salute.

"No need for that kinda business out here," said one of the ragged members of the group called as a smile crossed his face.

"Welcome to the Squad Daminga, my name is Zafo, and I'm your Assistant Squad Leader. As you can tell, we don't have any more Varactyls, so you will have to ride with Vint when he returns with the supplies."

After saying this, the smile slowly disappeared from Zafo's face causing Daminga's face to redden thinking that perhaps he had done something wrong already.

"Oh good, already in trouble," he thought.

However, instead of the yelling at Daminga for whatever the PFC's confused and over excited mind came up with that he might have done, Zafo turned to the other squad members.

"What are you all waiting for? Introduce yourselves dammit!"

They all introduce themselves in turn, starting with Gio, then Jenny, and finishing with Zafo who said,

"And as I said, Vint is in the village hopefully getting supplies."

"Sir, I was ordered to bring supplies with me. I have ration packs and water in the speeder."

Daminga never saw anyone's expression change as fast as the members of his new squad did when he relayed that information. Before he could say anything else, all three of them were off their Varactyls and crowding around the speeder, pulling out the supplies. As they ate and drank, Zafo filled Daminga in on the progress of the mission.

"So....you're saying that Sergeant Evani and Corporal Garet are losted?"

"No, Private...." Gio voiced between mouthfuls, glaring at Daminga "....they're just....separated from the rest of the us."

"Sir, that's Private First Class."

"Yea, whatever," said Gio as he turned back to his newly acquired ration pack.

"Great, this is turning out to be fun," Daminga thought sarcastically to himself.

He glanced around at the other squad members. Zafo looked as if he were dazed out, Jenny was watching the heating exchange that was building between the Sergeant and himself. He noticed she kept altering her eyes away from him every time he looked over at her.

"Probably just shy," Daminga thought.

For awhile, they all sat eating some of the rations and packing the rest onto the Varactyls, which they had watered and fed also. After a time, someone started out of the village toward them, carrying a pack. It came along the road, glancing back to make sure no one was watching. Then it started up the hill toward the squad.

"Hey, everybody, I got some food and water!" Vint said as he crest the hill.

He stopped short when he saw the new face and the clean outfit.

"Vint, this is Daminga, the newest member of our squad. He'll have to ride with you since we're short a Varactyl."

Zafo introduced Daminga.

"He brought rations and water with him. Grab some for yourself and stow the food you got with the rest on the Varactyls wherever there is room. Alright everyone, enough lying around, we have to get moving."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Daminga/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited February 25, 2006 1:44:11 AM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited February 25, 2006 1:48:03 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  814
February 25, 2006 6:43:48 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Catlin, why her? She was such a beautiful girl, too young to die&. Jenny thought as she walked along the road up to Pau, they had walked for who knows how long until they came upon the Statua.

"Finally, we're here, Jenny, check the map again, and make sure we're going to get there soon, I can't stand walking in this bare desert anymore." Zafo said tiredly as he looked around at the landscape.

Barren and sandy, the desert was inhospitable for life to stay and survive; only little animals crawled out of the sand, jumping their way through to avoid getting burned on the feet. Jenny snapped out of her thoughts and replyed, looking at the map:

"Pau is just a couple of miles away, hopefully, we'll find Evi-----"

A speeder swept by as Jenny backed away in shock and took out her rifle, which she got back from the varactyls.

"Damn bastards, who are these idiots?" Gio cursed angrily as he took out his pistol in instinct and shot at the speeding crazy drivers.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the bastards who rescued Evi." A figure approached out of the encroaching sand and along came Toro, who spoke, pleased with his capture.

"I thought you would be with her, Toro, you son of a bitch, I thought we got rid of you." Jenny retorted angrily as she aimed the rifle at his head.

"I thought I'd see to his rescuers so that they don't make it. I know what happened to her&." Toro hissed as he stared at each and every one of them, gripping his vibroblade tightly.

"You, you knew about Catlin, didn't you? Bastard, you planned this whole capture, goddamn&" Vint realized as he gripped his fists hard on his pistol, ready to go all out on Toro.

"No shit and you're not slaves or slave traders, either&." Toro commented truthly as he ordered to the others in his twilek native tongue.

"What's he saying, Jenny?" Gio asked as he stared at Jenny with a worried look.

"They're going all out on us, Zafo?" Jenny answered as he looked over at Zafo, who ordered loudly:

"Get those sons of bitches!!" Zafo took out his pistol as he and the team charged upon Toro and his henchmen

Jenny attacked one of the henchmen with her rifle as she looked around at what these henchmen were. Human mercenaries and Twilek ones, tough and strong, wielding rifles and vibroblades, these were just what the money people needed, and Toro was one of them.

The battle was a fierce one as everyone tried to take some cover behind rocks or something, blaster shots were like dangerous knifes that the Dragoons were avoiding getting to their teammates, just one more obstacles in their way to their buddies. Jenny had to get it together. You've seen them die; don't let anyone else die because of you. Jenny thought as she continued to fire on the mercenaries.

"Jenny, give me some covering fire, I'm going in with Gio, Next is Vint and Daminga. Last one to go are you, Jenny, cover me!!" Zafo ordered loudly as Jenny quickly shot at the mercenaries, constantly keeping up fire to pin them and let the others get on the left to flank the bastards. When she felt a shoulder pat her back, Jenny continued fire until another firefight took her place and she stopped running, on the left, toward where Zafo was, shooting dead a mercenary lying, head revealed, near the rock cover.

"GRENADE!" Vint yelled as he threw a grenade into the crowd near the rock cover that was firing on them.

The mercenaries ducked as some of them got blown away and others made it with their legs blown off, exposed to be killed.

"Toro, where the hell are you?!" Gio yelled angrily as he was covered by Jenny, who knew that Gio was a bit keen on killing Toro since he had killed a teammate, who had been with us for only a little while.

"So, Gio, come to kill me so you could get revenge? Well, come and catch me then, in hell!" Toro blabbed as he laughed and got into his speeder, which went away at the lightest touch.

"I swear to god, that man&." Gio muttered as he stabbed the bleeding and dying mercenary with his own blade.

"Let's go, people. We've got to get Evi before anything else becomes of her and her teammates." Zafo said slowly as Jenny took out the blade Gio used to stab the mercenary and holstered it, while taking up her rifle, reloading and cocking it well.

OCC: finally.... this is it, enjoy....

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited February 25, 2006 6:45:01 AM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  368
February 25, 2006 1:15:30 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet hadn't realized it before, but he had darkness on his side. The sun was almost completely gone, and darkness had been cast over the complex. Garet moved in and out of the shadows, undetected by any other police officers. He had made his way to the closest building to where he started, and looked around. Besides two more police speeders, there was no trace of any life.

Then, suddenly, a light flickered on in the doorway of the next building over. Out came two officers leading a prisoner and another officer following.

"Arzano..." Garet mumbled. Garet was just about to step out when the three officers started talking.

"Man, where's Sarge? He was supposed to be here with the anti-nerve agent, not to mention the activation code for the speeder."

"Ah well, he'll be here. Must've run into some of Toro's guys."

Toro, damn.

Garet stepped out slowly and quietly; light making it's way up his body. When he was about five feet away, he stopped. The officers were still talking.

"Excuse me," Garet said aloud.

All three officers jumped. "Who the hell are you?!" yelled the one who wasn't holding Arzano.

"Oh, sorry. I was just out for a run. There wouldn't happen to be a restroom here, would there?" Garet asked slyly.

"Does this look like a public area to you?" asked the same officer, annoyed now.

"Well, I saw the police speeders and thought this was a police station. It isn't?" Garet took a couple steps forward.

"No, it isn't..." seeing Garet come forward, the officer reached for his vibrosword. "Hey, stay back."

"Hey officer, relax," Garet said waving his hands, showing he had nothing in them (he had tucked the blaster and anti-nerve agent supplies into the back of his waist). He took another couple steps forward.

"I'm warning y..." started the officer, which was cut off by a kick to the face. Garet quickly took the blaster out of his pants and shot the two remaining officers. Arzano fell to the ground, but Garet was there to get him up.

Arzano was cut, bruised, and bloody. He too, like Garet, had red eyes and was breathing hard. "Damn, they got you with the nerve agent too, huh?" Garet took out the needle and put the vial of vaccine in it. He held Arzano down, and stabbed him in the neck. The process was almost scary. His eyes quickly drained themselves of the redness, and his breathing calmed down. Soon, he was able to pick himself up. Arzano smiled at the sight of Garet. Garet frowned.

"What did you tell them?" he demanded.

"What?" Arzano said in shock.

"What did you tell Toro?" Garet reiterated.

"N... nothing. Why?" Arzano replied in shock.

"You look pretty beat up. I wouldn't expect a Private to stay quiet under such treatment. You did good, rookie." Garet finally cracked half a smile. "Come on, there's two more buildings Evani could be in. We gotta go get her."

Garet helped Arzano up, but almost got pushed down himself by a speeder passing. It stopped a couple meters ahead, and Toro jumped out. He looked like he was crazy. Suicidal even.

Pointing at Garet, he yelled. "You will die by my hands, and I will find out who you are!" Toro lashed out with a whip, most likely Evani's. Garet caught it around his forarm (for the third time this mission), and pulled it away from Toro. Before anything else could happen, a blaster shot passed by Garet's head and missed Toro by only a couple inches. With a cry of anger, Toro jumped in his speeder and left.

Garet turned around to see five policemen running towards them with blasters drawn. "It's time to go," Garet commanded towards Arzano. They both ran around the building they were next to, with the police officers closely following. "This way," Garet said as he guided Arzano in to the building. The two troopers ran through the building, and when they found a flight of stairs, ran up them. Garet started getting ahead of Arzano, but Arzano stopped totally as Garet came to the forth flight of stairs. "What are you doing? Let's go!" Garet yelled.

But Arzano didn't listen. He staring into a room they had just passed, and soon, he went in. Garet ran back after him only to find him rummaging through an armory. Garet stood amazed. "Our equipment!" he yelled with excitement. Garet grabbed three grappling guns and Arzano grabbed Evani's gun and took her whip from Garet. Garet and Arzano continued to run and ran to the roof of the building, but found nowhere else to go. The roof was covered in gravel, and on it was the door to the interior of the building, chimneys for the exhaust, and a couple power generators.

Almost like it was guiding them, a light flickered on in the nearby building. Inside, Garet could actually pick out Evani backing up against the window. Then to his horror, she was knocked down by a punch from a police officer. "Alright kid, listen to me. You're going over there while I hold off the policemen. Use Evani's gun and give her her whip when you get there." Garet pulled out his grapple gun and shot it above the window where Evani was. He then tied the grappled gun around a chimney that was on the roof. Seeing no other alternative, he took off his belt too. "Hang from the rope with this. And for god's sake, don't let go." Garet handed him the belt. "Oh, and this too." Garet loaded the last vaccine into the syringe. "If she needs it, use it."

Unlike the window where the Dragoons jumped out of, Arzano did this without hesitating. He's getting used to it Garet thought with a smirk. He quickly turned around to the sound of the door slamming open. He heard the officers' voices and hid behind a nearby smokestack.

Knowing where the officers were was pretty easy due to the layer of gravel on the roof, and Garet got ready as one of them was coming close. Garet resisted a jump as the officer stepped out next to him. He didn't seem to notice Garet crouching there. So with his back turned, Garet grabbed the officer.

"Don't make a sound," Garet whispered into the officer's ear. Garet took out his blaster and held it to the officer's head. Garet made it so that the officer's legs moved with his own, and they moved out to the side of the building. Garet spotted one more officer who was clueless to his whereabouts. So he shot him. Didn't even make a sound. Garet smirked, but it quickly faded as he felt a blaster on the back of his head.

"Drop the weapon, and let the officer go," demanded the person with the blaster. Garet did so. What the officer didn't realize though, was that Garet had two more grapples. In the blink of an eye, Garet pulled both out, crossed his arm, and shot them into the torsos of the two police next to him. With force, he pulled the grapples so the two men hit each other, which in turn knocked both of them out. He detached the to grapples lodged in the officers, and set back to work.

"Three down, two to go," Garet said to the two unconscious bodies. Again, to his horror, he unfortunate happened. At his feet, a grenade rolled into view. He looked up, and there was an officer smiling about thirty feet away. Garet had to think quickly.

---

Meanwhile, Arzano had smashed through the window, and shot the three officers. Evani seemed to be fine besides the bruise on her face and her lashed arms.

"Arzano!" she screamed with hope.

"You ok?" Arzano asked immediately.

"Ya, though I wouldn't have been if the policemen didn't come. I don't know what Toro would've done." She gave a weak smile. "Where's Garet?"

"He's covering your rescue." Arzano pointed to the opposite roof.

"Well, he can take care of himself, we'll help him when we get out of this place. How'd we get here anyways?"

"That, I don't know."

Evani sighed, and then started to walk out. "We're leaving, come on." She ordered.

They got down two flights of stairs before they heard it.

"What was that?!" Evani yelled in surprise.

"An... explosion?" Arzano said confused. They both ran to an open door in the floor's hallway to look out a window. They caught the remnants of an explosion, as well as a figure sliding across a grapple, and then swinging down as the grapple broke from the opposite building.

"Move!" Evani yelled as she shoved Arzano and herself out of the way. Glass rained through the doorway they were just standing in, and quickly following that was Garet tumbling into the wall of the hallway.

Evani quickly got up and started to run again. "Come on you two, no time to sit around!" she ordered as she jumped over the twisted body of Garet.

Garet groaned as he picked himself up.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxy... and guns." -Jennifer Mui, 'Mercenaries'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 25, 2006 1:17:28 PM)]
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  737
Total Posts:  771
February 25, 2006 10:16:53 PM    View the profile of vint 
Vint was in sight of the village.  From what he could see, the technology was fairly primitive, rare of the Pau'ans.

As he entered the village, he was greeted by the children. Unfortunately, he didn't speak their language so he just waved and smiled, which made them happy enough. He headed toward the village center, where he suspected a small market to be. Hopefully they sold food packs suitable for humans.

The buildings were all conical in shape, all of different colors and sizes; this was something not seen in the sinkhole cities. No species but Pau'ans were to be seen, luckily a good percentage of the adults spoke basic.

When he got to the center he was disappointed to not find a marketplace. In its stead was a large  largest in the village  conical shaped building. There was two crimson spires at its top. Vint spotted an old man (not to imply he was a man, he was Pau'an) by its door, maybe he could give directions to the marketplace.

Vint approached him.

"Could you tell me where the village marketplace is sir?"

The ancient Pau'an looked up at him and simply smiled. Vint took this to mean he didn't understand basic, but decided to give it one more try.

"Is there a marketplace here?"

The Pau'an got closer to him and grabbed Vints arm. Normally Vint wouldn't have let anyone take hold of him, but this man appeared harmless.

He was reluctantly guided into the building, the Pau'an still saying nothing. As he entered it, he realized it was the worship center of whatever religion the village practiced, which meant that his guide could only be a monk.

The monk started pointing out glass sculptures of what Vint took to be saints. They were stunning coming from Pau'an's, a species not known it's art, which until now Vint had no clue existed.

After about ten minutes of this, Vint tried to pull his arm away from the monk. But his grip was tight and Vint feared he would hurt the ancient man if he pulled too hard. So he resorted to trying to talk in the monks language.

"Etau shing."

Vint had no clue what the words meant, he had heard them from a slave trader when they first arrived on the planet. The monk froze when he heard the words, and pushed Vint away from him. His eyes were wide; he pointed towards the exit, which Vint gladly responded to by leaving as fast as he could.

He soon found the market place, and fortunantly the food was suitable for humans. He bought as many food packets and full canteens as he could carry and headed back toward the squad.

-----------------------
Dark Dragoons

TRP/PFC Vint/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
[This message has been edited by vint (edited February 26, 2006 10:46:19 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  27
February 28, 2006 11:39:36 PM    View the profile of daminga 
As the squad looked out over the city, Daminga couldn't help but think of what a waste it all was.

Just like every city.  Much too large for me.  Too much waste of open ground even if it is desert.

Pau was situated in a large valley of desert surrounded by mountains and ridges on all but one side.  When they where down the road back a mile or so, coming down a slope out of the hills, Gio had noticed a few builds separated from the rest of the city.  The builds were on the side farthest from the road leading into the city.  They were also tucked into the center of the curve of mountains ringing Pau. 

"That's most liking where they'll be," said Zafo.

"What makes you think that, sir?" asked Daminga, obviously new to this.

Gio rolled his eyes skyward, Wow, I forgot how much they don't tell recruits about the obvious in the academy 

"Cause they'd be the most dangerous for us to get to and everything we have to deal with is dangerous," he said.

This caused the rest of the squad to smile and nod.  Some of them have been together for quite awhile now and probably tell this new guy some stories that would make him leave the light on at night.

He'll learn soon enough.  If not&..no, he will learn.  Even if it means teaching him all over again the right way, thought Zafo as he watched the nervous PFC.  He never did trust the drill instructors in the academy about telling the recruits the reality of war. 

"We'll skirt around the city, along the ridges and mountains.  We'll keep together this time and I want no one doing anything stupid." 

Zafo looked each trooper in the eyes.  Gio nodded, his eyes narrowing into slits that his eyes glared out of.  He was ready for this.  Jenny, still looking a bit drained, also nodded and looked toward the city.  Vint looked right back and seemed to have drifted off somewhere but Zafo knew he was getting ready as well.  As Zafo's gaze fell onto Daminga, the PFC threw a quick nod and started checking his E-11/F Selective Fire Blaster Rifle, one of his treasured items he was given by the storm troopers that protected his village when he was  younger.  A thought crossed Zafo's head as he watched Daminga.  He smiled as he said,

"I want everyone going home and having a drink on the new guy."

This immediately brought a quick smile to all of their faces except Daminga's, who didn't quiet grasp this.

He'll learn quickly with these guys, Zafo thought smiling.

"Alright, let's get going!"

They all kicked the Varactyls up onto the highland pass and started to gallop down the trail.  For about two hours they traveled along windy trails, all the while trying to stay out of site of anyone in the city.  After this time they were atop the ridge that overlooks the builds. 

This is it, Daminga thought,  It's time to prove what you've got to your squad and to the great Grandfather and Grandmother of my people.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited February 28, 2006 11:55:49 PM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited February 28, 2006 11:56:36 PM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1068
Total Posts:  3141
March 3, 2006 4:41:10 PM    View the profile of Evani 
00c: Something feels wrong with post*shrugs* should get you guys going for a while hopefully. /00c

"We need to get our stuff!" Evani managed to shout between her gasps of breath as they ran.
"You mean this?" asked Garet, he halts as he pulled an object from his behind his back.
Evani winced at the bloodlines that curved around his hand, remnants of the day's happening.
She took the whip with small thanks.
"Still need to get your stuff though"
"I'm a slave remember?" muttered Garet shaking his head.

A cool breeze hits their faces, as the three Dragoons got outside, miraculously unnoticed.
"So now we are followed by police, and Toro?" asked Arzano with a wince as he studied his injured arm.  They were carefully tucked away in the shadows of a narrow alley underneath a staircase, which linked to another building. It was almost impossible to see the skies from their positions, the city it self were surrounded by a mountain of some sort. The same were happening to them, but the mountain and what seemed like canyons were replaced by huge building snaking their way through the sky.

"We need to find Zafo, but we won't get any where tonight" muttered Garet, his voice was tainted with a trace despair. He slid from his leaned position against the wall down to the grubby ground. Evani frowned. He was one the stronger character in her squad. Very independent, and not likely to shows his weariness. This mission was taking out a lot from them.

"Come, we need some decent refreshments, sleep and a shower," muttered Evani as she tried to pull Garet up, but the trooper far outweighed her.
When they at last composed them self and splashed their faces with a rain water that gather in puddles in small craters in the ground, they trudged on.

They felt out of place as they stepped on a rather sophisticated looking carpet with the gold trimming squaring the ruffled red tussles sticking out like grass.
The richly decorated foyer seemed empty except for the humanoid at the far end of the room standing behind a lavish wooden counter, classic patterns were engraved in the wood, giving it a royal atmosphere.  Evani gave a small nod to Garet and Arzano. They have planned this to the finest detail. They already managed to get rid of the door guards.
Hell these people are stupid thought Evani,

It took them a few moments to reach the receptionist, and when they did, he pretend to ignore, which was understandable considering their rather beggar like states.
"Hi&" Evani leaned in to the read the name engraved on his golden nametag pinned to his torso.
"Joron...Hi Joron"
Evani looked at Joron with a sweet smile. His sleek black hair combed to the skin, and glistened sharply in the light as he turned his head, and tilted it a bit higher to look down on her.

"Beggars are not allowed, get out of here" he said stiffly and returned to his holopad.
Evani motioned with her hand,
"Now"
Within a flash Garet managed to get behind counter, with seconds the receptionist were out cold on the floor. The joy of a simple chokehold, especially on those who knew nothing about being strong.
"Ok Ar, quickly" ordered Evani who hasn't moved her spot from in front the counter.
Arzano zipped around and seated him self in front of the registration console for the hotel.

"What do you want? He asked while he got the little bit of equipment needed to slice the console.
"Unreserved room for four to five people, A class" ordered Evani sweetly.

"What do with this guy?"  Asked Garet as he kept his eyes flicking around for any witnesses. Their whole attire made them a blazing a light to one's eyes.
"Look through cabinets under the console" ordered Evani.
Frowning questioningly Garet did as he was told, apologising to Arzano for interrupting him, he stooped down and started going through the cabinets.
Moments later he emerged with a half empty bottle of wine, a grin beamed on his face. Without waiting for Evani's order he started force-feeding the poor receptionist.

"Ar, would you mind getting the door?" asked Evani as a knock interrupted their discussion.  Evani took a sip from her glass of water. They managed to get a space in the hotel, a very fine space indeed. Lavish objects, vases and chairs stood around as if they were preparing to receive a mayor or some other figure with a high status of prestige. It nothing of this was noted as the three dragoons merely dropped to a bed and fell asleep. Moments later Arzano returned, his arms laden with bags.

"Ah, decent clothing at last" murmured Garet as he looked at the bags lovingly. He rubbed his cheeks, it was shaved, and it felt good to be clean again.
Within minutes the floor was littered with clothes of all styles and types, specially brought for them through a simple phone call.
Arzano did a good job of getting them some needed money as well. He registered them under the name "Goons" by Evani's order. She was hoping it might attract Zafo's attention to lead them here.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
SL/SGT Evani/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
TRN/IN Evani/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited March 3, 2006 5:03:34 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  385
March 3, 2006 9:12:59 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
It had been far too long since Garet was allowed to wear some decent clothes; and these were more than decent. Looking at what was delivered, he smiled. Laid out before him was a black suit made of the finest material he'd ever felt, then again, anything felt good after being in rags for days on end. He quickly grabbed up all the components and stole away to one of the many empty rooms.

Ten minutes later, Garet came out to the sound of running water, holding his jacket. Arzano had plopped some lounge clothes on and was watching some program on a wall monitor.

"Who you dressin' up for?" Arzano asked, turning away from the monitor.

"This is the way I do things. Better looking than those ratty things," Garet replied, putting on his jacket and straightening his tie.

"Well, might as well get comfortable. I think we're gonna wait here for Zafo's group."

"You can wait here, I'm going... scouting," Garet smirked.

"But, Evani doesn't know..."

"Let me worry about that; now, I'm leaving" Garet said as he strode to the door. He stopped at the door as the running water stopped. "You kids don't wait up for me, you hear?" He went out and shut the door.

The hallway was dimly lit and decorated with paintings and plants. Garet's steps echoed all the way down to the ends: as far as Garet could tell there was nobody else on the floor. He got to the elevator and pressed the button.

Gotta make this look convincing.

He started to whistle as the doors slid open. A welcoming little tune played from within, and Garet couldn't help but chuckle out how different this was. Everything was so peaceful and serene in this place, compared to what the 'Goons were doing for the past month or two.Garet pressed the button that led to the lobby. He had just enough time to see Evani's head poke out of the door and look down his way. She had just enough time to see him slide on his glasses and slip in a salute before the door closed.

Garet had one goal on his mind: to get some food. He was starving, and he hadn't had a filling meal in days. As the elevator door opened, Garet's usually lax pace picked up. As they came in earlier he had noticed a pub in the lobby. Luckily for him, it was still open. The lobby was still deserted, and he assumed the receptionist was still out cold.

The atmosphere changed drastically inside the pub. There was a low murmur from whatever groups were inside drinking, and a band was playing up front. It was very lounge-like and dimly lit. There was a slight scent of smoke in the air, and the band was playing slowly. Definitely a early morning mood. The bar was desolate at this hour, as most people had gone to bed. So he gladly picked himself a seat. An especially tired looking human girl came over to him.

"Good evening sir, how are you this... well I guess it's morning now isn't?"

"Couldn't be better," Garet replied happily.

"That's always good to hear. We don't get many happy folks around this time."

"Well I'm not exactly from around here."

"Oh? What's your business here on this Planet?"

"I don't think you would be interested."

"Well, maybe I could get you a drink and then hear it."

"Ah...That's quite the bargain. How 'bout some water?"

"Just water?"

"I'm not a drinker."

"One water then." The bartender said with a smile.

Garet turned to watch the band. They started to lull him, and if it wasn't for the bartender coming back, he would've fallen asleep.

"Here you are sir." As the water was placed on the table.

"Thank you, miss."

"So, about that business. Let me guess, personal guard?"

"Not quite," Garet took off his glasses and placed them on the bar. "Salesman," he said, motioning to the glasses.

"What are they?"

"Sun glasses. Helps to shade the sun from your eyes. I've managed to sell mass shipments on four Outer Rim planets."

"Well, that sure is an interesting way to get out here."

"Sure is..."

The two's conversation was interrupted by an outburst of laughter from a group at a nearby table.

The bartender scowled. "They've been here all night. I'll be glad when they leave. One of them tried to offer me a ride on his varactyl. Where has good old courtesy gone... Hey, where are you going?"

Garet had gotten up at the "varactyl". He quickly weaved his way over to the group of laughing drunks. He smiled as he got closer.

"Mind if I crash the party?" Garet said in good manner to the group.

One of them stood up with a satisfied expression on his face. "Well I'll be damned. Look who got dressed up for us!" The group started to laugh again.

"How's it goin' Gio?" Garet said, a little less happy to see them in the way they were. "Let's get you guys upstairs."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 3, 2006 9:14:12 PM)]
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  743
March 3, 2006 11:47:36 PM    View the profile of vint 
"Sure, just let us finish our drinks." Gio replied. All but Zafo were drinking Corellian Brandy, he preferred Veronian Berry Wine. "Besides, this is some good music."

Garet chuckled.

Everyone in the band had their eyes closed; they were deep into the music. Vint stared at them in amazement; he seemed to dig this genre. The tune was mellow, relaxing, and well, complicated. Vint knew enough music theory to know this band.

"Excuse me for a sec' guys."

Vint got up and went over to the bar. The bartender looked up: "Yeah? What'dya want?"

"Could you tell me the name of the band playing?"

"Yeah, they're the Tie-clups."

Vint laughed. "That's a weird name." He stood, staring at the band.

"Are you going to buy something or not? The entertainment is for customers."

"Oh, I've got a drink at my table." Vint pointed over to the squad.

"Well, if you don't have a drink at the bar, than leave the bar."

Vint politely smiled and returned to the squads table.

"Are you sure you want to stay in those rags?"

Gio's seemed to have seen a bright light. He had found the answer to an age old question.

"I guess we should go upstairs. Evi will be happy we're alive."

They headed out of the pub and into the elevator. The walls of the elevator were a bright bronze, striped with silver, very unusual for the region, let alone the whole planet. Garet lit up the level eight button, and on up they went. He looked at everyone in general.

"Mind telling me how you guys got here?"

"I'd rather not tell it twice, I'm sure Evani will want to hear it." Gio answered. "Why not tell us how you got here?"

"Umm...Sure, why not." He proceeded to tell the story since they had been separated. They exited the elevator, getting a weird stare from a passerby. This building was different they any other building they had seen so far on Utapau, including Toro's apartment. Aesthetically it was gorgeous. Definitely not the place you'd expect to see someone wearing pretty much just rags.

They entered the room, which was sparsely lit.  Ar was still watching some weird program about varactyl breeding habits. Evani was sitting down on a bright green couch seemingly concentrating on drinking water. They looked up to welcome the fellow 'Goons.

"Wow&glad to see you guys found your way here safely." Evi took another sip of her water. "Though of course...." Although she knew Catlin was  well, dead a crude word  deceased, she hadn't seen everyone together without her. "Well, want to tell us how you got here?"

"Sure." Gio started into the story, but was interrupted by Evi-

"Ar! Turn that off. That thing'll be the death of you."

"Ok, ok!" Arzano got up and joined the others.

Gio restarted and ran all the way through with only a few interruptions from Vint adding some small details.

When they were done, Jenny asked "where to next?"

"I suppose we could rest here for a while Evi replied. I'm thinking of what to do after that."
[This message has been edited by vint (edited March 4, 2006 3:59:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by vint (edited March 4, 2006 4:09:31 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  42
March 5, 2006 10:30:16 PM    View the profile of daminga 
Wow, this place is huge, thought Daminga as he glanced around the room. 

Gio was telling the rest of the reunited squad about what had happened.  When he had gotten to the part about Daminga joining them in the desert, he turned to introduce him.

"And that's when this guy showed up.  Evani this is PFC Daminga, sent to us from the academy. Daminga, this is your, well, our squad leader Evani."

Immediately Daminga shot up and snaps a crisp salute. 

Evani started shaking her head and waving Daminga to sit down saying, "No, no. None of that on missions.  It could give us away. Plus, this squad is too close for that stuff."  She said all this with a reassuring smile.

"They don't make them like they used to, do they?" a tough, mean looking fellow sitting next to Evani said, crossing his arms across this chest.

"And that's Garet." Zafo said grinning.  "Just don't piss him off."

"Don't mind him too much, he's tired just like the rest of us," said Evani.

"And the guy over there" Gio pointed toward the window, "is Arzano."

Arzano waved, to which Daminga nodded. 

"How about some clean clothes? Better than those you guys got," asked Evani.

Jen smiled, as Zafo said "Oh yea!"

"Arzano, call up some clothes, will ya?" said Garet.

"And some decent food!" smiled Gio.

The squad members all nodded and shouted their agreement. 

"Yea!"

"Any ale?"

"You've had too much already!"

They were all laughing now and enjoying, for the moment, that they were all together, safe for the time being.  None of them knew if this might be the last time. The memory of Catlin was still very fresh in everyone's mind.  Even for Daminga, who was told be Zafo. 

So this is what it's like to be part of a squad, thought Daminga, The drill instructors were always saying, well yelling is more like it, to get close to your squad.

"Alright people, you guys should get some showers while we wait for the food." Said Evani.

"I call the shower first!" yelled Vint, jumping for the door.

"Oh no you don't!" Jenny exclaimed as she slide into the bathroom, laughing.

Gio and Zafo started talking with Garet about everything that was going on with the squad and what would be the next thing to do.  Arzano sat down where he was before on the couch, flipped on the TV, and started watching the same program about varactyl breeding.  Daminga joined him slidding the coffee table over closer towards him.  He took out his rifle and started field stripping it and cleaning it as he watched.  Vint sat in an arm chair and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

Well, it seems as if everyone's already feeling better, thought Evani, as she moved over toward the massive windows that looked out onto the city with her water in her hand.  Might as well try and figure out what to do next.

After awhile, after everyone had taken showers and had changed into new clothes, they were sitting around the table and in living room, eating the food that Zafo had ordered up for everyone.  There was a knock at the door.  Everyone stopped and looked toward the door. 

"Expecting someone?" Zafo asked Evani, walking toward the door as he reaching for his pistol that was attached to his back.

Daminga, who was closest to the door, grabbed his rifle off the coffee table and aimed at the door, in case Zafo needed cover.  Vint followed suit with his pistol.  Everyone started to reach for their own weapons as Zafo glanced around making sure eveyone was ready.  He slowly opened the door just a crack and looked out into the bright llight of the hall. 

"Any of you guys order ale?" came a rough voice. 

Zafo started to laugh as he turned to the rest of the squad and said, "Hey, look who just crawled in!" Sam stepped into the room holding up four bottles of ale.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by daminga (edited March 5, 2006 10:39:20 PM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited March 6, 2006 10:08:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited March 6, 2006 10:08:59 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  449
March 6, 2006 4:07:49 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The entire squad exploded into one massive grin to see their squadmate back on his feet again. As the Corporal closed the door behind him and placed the alcohol on the table to his left, the squad started hounding him with questions.

Holding his hand up to hush the squad, Sam began to speak; "My injuries weren't nearly as bad as everyone thought, so they were able to send me back out into the field."

The Dragoon continued to explain his injuries in detail and how he came to find the squad.

"You know it really wasn't all that hard, this is one of the few five star hotels in this damn place." Sam shifted his gaze over to Zafo and gave him a mocking grin, "Predictable."

"Actually," Zafo began, pointing a finger at Evani, "She got here first."

Sam looked back at Evani with a surprised look on his face.

For the second time in just a couple of minutes, a knocking sound was heard from the other side of the door. Just like the previous time, the squad secretly drew their weapons and waited as Zafo got up from his seat and opened the door no more than an inch.

"Food is here!" Zafo shouted with delight. He handed the hotel worker a handful of credits for the food and the service. Once the man had scurried off, Zafo wheeled the cart full of food to the center of the room. The squad gathered in a tight circle around the cart. Zafo's mouth began to water as the aroma of freshly cooked meat reached his nose. It had been quite a while since any of the squad had a decent, filling meal.

Each member took their turn at filling their plate with food. Not a word was spoken as the Dragoons savored every bite of their delicious cuisine.

"I don't think I eat that well back on Tadath." Garet let out as he wipped the remaining sauce from his face. Most of the squad nodded in agreement. Zafo took another sip of the wine he had newly discovered at the bar downstairs.

"Usually wine doesn't do it for me, but this stuff is great!" Zafo poured the remaining liquid into his glass and continued sipping at it.

"So what happens now?" Vint inquired from his position by the door.

"Well, we will defiantly spend the night." The squad let out a sigh of relief. "I haven't yet decided if we will spend another or not," Evani added, "After all, we have a mission to accomplish."

None-the-less, the squad was extremely pleased to have at least one night where they could completely relax and regain their strength.

Feeling slightly restless, Zafo got up from his seat.

"I'm heading back down to the bar. Anyone in for a game of pool?"

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited March 6, 2006 4:12:48 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  388
March 7, 2006 5:08:30 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet leaned back to look around the still eating 'Goons. The wall monitor was still showing the same varactyl program, but Garet wasn't interested in that. He motioned to the clock below. It read 1:45

"Sorry Zafo, I would, but I think I'm gonna simmer down for the night. Maybe go out for a walk." Garet grabbed the napkin from his lap and tossed it onto his empty plate. "Plus, I don't want to rob all my senior's credits," Garet added with a half smile.

Sam seemed to perk up at the offer though. "I guess I'll go with ya'," he said dropping his food. "I have to catch up on things anyways." So he got up, and walked to the door where Zafo was.

Garet got up too. "Hey, hang on. We'll share the elevator." He jogged over to the two that were leaving. All three of them nodded their heads when they heard Evi call out "Don't get into trouble!" And so they left.

All three pretty much stayed quiet for the ride down. It wasn't until Garet was about to separate from them until Zafo spoke up. Sam went on ahead to the bar.

"Garet, hold up."

"What's up?"

"From what I hear of your escape, any surviving police will know your face."

"I guess you're right. But, what should I do?"

"I'm gonna leave that up to you. Just don't do anything stupid. I get the impression you were pretty brutish. Tonight is for relaxing, but don't let your guard down. We don't want any more trouble, especially in this city."

"Sure, Zafo. I'll be careful."

Zafo patted him on the back. "We won't be there to bail you out," he said with a smile. "Be safe." From the open entryway to the pub, it seemed Sam was waiting for Zafo. So Zafo went, and left Garet who was already on his way outside.

They know my face... Garet thought as he walked. He began to rub the area where the black crescent tattoo was on his right temple. They know my face...

The city of Pau was much like any other city on the face of Utapau; besides the fact that it covered a large amount of space outside of its crater. The city had a diameter of 40 miles, and in the center was a crater 3 miles in diameter and 5 miles deep. The 'Goons had found a hotel about 13 miles away from the crater, 13 miles away from where the objective was. However, Garet found himself walking in the opposite direction of the crater, towards the outskirts. Streetlights and signs lit his path; he didn't want to take any chances wandering down some dark alley.

But Garet had no clue where he was going, or where he wanted to go. To many he probably would've looked like somebody with a headache, rubbing his temple and all. He got lucky soon and he found himself at a city directory station with a big map on it. He stopped in front of it and took one of his hands out of his pocket to take off his glasses.

After a few minutes Garet stepped back. "How the hell is this going to help me?" he stated as he realized he still didn't know where he wanted to go. Tired, he sat down on a nearby bench and leaned back.

The stars look so different here...

It was then that Garet lost hope in whatever he was looking for. With one more rub on his tattoo, he got up. He put his glasses on, but something caught his eye. He watched as a sign nearby flashed. It started from the top, and lighted up line by line going down. The first four lines were in different languages, none that Garet could understand. Then finally, the fifth and final row lit up in Galactic Basic. Garet found what he came for.

The inside of the shop was relatively clean, for a tattoo parlor. And as expected, the shop was empty at this time of day. Garet took a seat and waited for someone to come.

A small male Rodian came waddling out rubbing his hands. "What you like?" he asked in barely understandable Basic.

Garet pointed to his crescent tattoo. "I... I want this gone. Can you do that?" Despite his resolute appearance, this was a hard decision for Garet. He was erasing part of past; a very important part of his past. And for that, he began to hate himself.

"Sure. It be a little painful, it won't take long," he said trying to reassure Garet.

Garet gave out a small grunt. His heart skipped a beat as the Rodian pulled out a needle. Everything came in slow motion now, the plunging of the needle into the side of Garet's face, the feeling that his muscles were being pulled into a vacuum, but Garet felt no pain. The feeling of loss numbed his senses.

Finally, the pulling ceased and the needle was removed. The Rodian pulled a mirror out in front of Garet.

"Good?" he asked.

"Yes... It is." Garet said, turning his head to see in the mirror. And thus the proof of his education was gone. Whatever he strived to do before the Empire was no longer there. The Army now dictated his being, and Garet would have to learn to embrace it.

"Credits, please," the Rodian said has he held out his hand. Garet noticed something before he reached for the Credit Card he had. Something twinkled on the Rodian's ear.

"That, could you do that, too?" Garet asked, pointing to the Rodian's ear.

"More credits," the Rodian said, eager to get his money.

"Yeah, sure," Garet said, just wanting to get this over with.

"Where? How many?"

"Five... here," Garet said, pinching his left ear in five different places.

"Hold still," the Rodian said, getting up on a stepping stool. The tool he held was intimidating to Garet. A "piercer" is what the Rodian called it. And unlike the needle, it hurt each time it poked through Garet's ear. When it was finally done, the Rodian stepped down and gave Garet five little gold rings.

"Credits," the little Rodian demanded. Garet passed him his Credit Card. The Rodian took it and went out back. Garet got up from his chair and walked over to a mirror. Twisting his head so he could see, he carefully clipped the rings through the five holes in his ear. The Rodian waddled back out holding Garet's Card.

"Thank you, please, come again!" the Rodian said excitedly.

"Thank you," Garet replied, angry (with himself), as he took the Card and walked out.

Despite the tattoo not being there, Garet kept rubbing the spot where it used to exist as he walked back towards the Hotel. The lobby was inviting compared to the city outside. Still, there was no receptionist. Garet made his way back to the room, not bothering to check in with Zafo and Sam.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SGT Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 7, 2006 5:10:41 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  46
March 9, 2006 2:38:03 AM    View the profile of daminga 
As Zafo, Garet and Sam walked out the door, the rest of the squad went back to relaxing around the room. Vint, Daminga, and Arazno went back to watching the breeding channel, at least that's what it appeared to be. Evani came up behind the couch,

"This crap is going to mess with you guys, you know that?"

"Really? I thought it'd be educational." Said Arazno.

"Yea, I thought it was interesting," agreed Daminga.

Evani just shook her head and said that she was going to turn in early and headed for one of the bedrooms. Jenny sat at the table still; half dozing off, half pondering something. Vint was already snoring in the armchair he occupied.

"Hey, want to see if something else is on?" Arazno asked Daminga, still looking at the TV.

"Yea, sure."

As Arazno rapid-fired through the channels, something caught Daminga's eye.

"Wait! Go back five or six!" cried Daminga. He had stood up and pointed to the TV.

"Woa?" Arazno looked up at him with a questioning look, "uh...ok."

When Arazno reached the sixth channel back, the news came on.

"Oh no man, I hate the news! The weathers always wrong and everyth," he started to whine.

"Shut up! Look!" said Daminga in a hushed voice. He didn't want to attract Jenny's attention, she looked too deep in thought to be disturbed.

On the screen was a middle aged Pau'an woman standing in front of a warehouse of some type. The two Dragoons didn't understand what she was saying but the captions on the bottom were in basic and began to tell of the story she was covering.

As most people in the city already know, there are many reports of terrorists roaming the streets. Just earlier today, this police compound was raided and many officers killed. Unfortunately there are very few leads on who these well organized people are.

"She called that being organized?" Arazno asked.

"Shhhh!"

"Ok, ok!"

The report went on the say about the police casualties and the damage that was done to the buildings.

"Guess we'd better tell Evani that we're famous," Arazno exclaimed grinning.

"Yea," Daminga said without taking his eyes off the screen.

This could be very bad for us&

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by daminga (edited March 9, 2006 2:44:08 AM)]
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited March 10, 2006 12:07:05 AM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1079
March 10, 2006 4:55:51 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Warning: forced this post out, not good./warning

"Shut the windows, cancel any order made to the hotel admin, I'll call the guys back." Ordered Evani brusquely as she sat up from her bed. She only managed a minute or two of sleep when a worried Daminga came in. Resignedly she flipped the light tab beside her bed on for the first time since being in the room. Evani had to blink the tears away, which formed along the brim of her eyes at the sharp light. Heavy shadows played across the richly decorated room as Evani and Daminga moved in and out from the lamp attached against the wall. Daminga gave a small affirmative nod.

"Will do" called Daminga over his shoulders as he trudged outside the room. Evani yawned tiredly as she stared at his back. His jet-black had yet had to grow a bit from its new military cut fashion to be called a style. At the moment it reminded her of the dry grass found on Tadath during summer.

Evani yawned again as she rubbed her azure eyes. She hasn't slept for nearly two days, not counting the episode of her being passed out after a light interrogation experience.
She tiredly lifted her newly acquired ComLink to her mouth.

"Sorry to disappoint you guys, get back in here&NOW" ordered Evani sharply, not bothering to refrain from expressing the strain she felt. Jaded and agitated she awaited any responses.
"Coming Eve," Replied Zafo, Evani nodded, not surprised at this. She should have seen his withdrawal earlier.
"Sure, remainunseen" muttered Evani a reply. She stifled a yawn.

"Eve, I'm on my way as well, got two new recruits here with me, on my way," spoke Garet.
"Why wasn't I contacted?" asked Evani perplexed.
"Yours were inactive for some reason, they are dropping as we speak, the army is frarkked to send the recruits at this point of the mission" muttered Garet.
Evani managed to sound something resembling a yes; unable to find her self-following Garet's report she nodded of sleep.

"Evi...?" Evani's eyes fluttered open heavily resisting the urge to return to sleeping.
"Finally, we've bin watin for ya a few minutes now, thought you're awake" muttered Garet as he helped her to her feet. Evani cocked her head to the side as she composed her self. Something about him seemed different, missing. Her eyes dragged them selves over to the new additions to his ear.
She arched her eyebrows at this.

"Going for a new look?" she asked curiously as they walked through the doorway.
"Something in that line" muttered Garet, his demeanour tensed up. Something he did want to talk about. She focussed her attention away from him. Sam, Giovanni and Zafo were eating themselves self away on some leftovers, while Jenny seemed to find her self-content by staring through the window. Vint and Arzano were making bets of which varactyl would win on the holoscreen, the breeding program was finished. Evani narrowed her eyes as she glanced at Giovanni again before darting around further.

The room was filled with incredible detail, not something she would have expected from Pau, or Utapau. But more important matters were at hand. Evani tried to catch Garet's eyes, but he quickly slipped in a persona she wasn't quite was him or not.
"This is your Squad Leader Sergeant Evani, Eve, our new guys, Private Jowak"
Evani followed Garet pointing finger, she had with hold her self from jumping back or gasping when she saw the wookie. He was enormous, the normal attires and uniforms made for wookies seemed too small for his colossal size. Fur spat from every nook and corner of his uniform. The fur it self had a unique colour of seemingly black, with a few rare lightening highlights striping through his thick fur. The wookie opened his mouth and roared to Evani as he snapped to a crisp salute. Evani suppressed her urge to wince at the volume of his howl.

"Um, as you can see we still need to figure out what he says, no one here understands what he says, so we will have to get a translator droid or something," muttered Garet as he fiddled with the datapads, which he picked up.
"And who is the other guy?" asked Evani, her eyes searched for the next recruit. Something inside her stirred, something was wrong.

From the shadows stepped a slender man. He appeared to be in his mid thirties, he already out aged them, and probably were above their level of field experience. His grass green eyes stared down at hers firmly, unwavering unlike the recruits she has met before.
Not in the Vast Empire you are thought Evani narrowing her eyes before smiling.
"Private Leron reporting for duty Ma'am, I understand some basics of shyriiwook," the man said as he snapped to a salute as well. Evani found her previous unpleasant feelings towards Leron disappear, but the
"Welcome to the squad boys, things are a bit hectic, but you will fit in quite nicely." Said Evani with a small grin, they needed the men, and this was perfect.
She plopped her self in one of the overly decorated chairs before she continued with a flick of her short hair.
"What's on your mind Giovanni?" asked Evani as she grabbed the remote and deactivated the holoscreen. Vint and Arzano joined their small circle timidly.

Sam coughed as Giovanni stepped forward.
"I want to escort Sam back to Tadath, if it's okay with you, while we are it, we want to try and get rid of the hot tails on your track&" Evani dropped her head in hands sighing.
"Sam's injuries never healed probably, did they?" asked Garet, his expressionless demeanour passed with a worried glance over Sam.
"Not quite, and we need to see if we are followed or not, somewhere, information leaked" said Giovanni again as he wringed his hands together.
"You have my permission, just be safe" muttered Evani, she stood up from seated position to reach Giovanni. They shook hands briefly, and then Sam followed.

Everyone made their goodbyes and sniffs as the two left, but certain of level of order and silence was attained once again as Evani coughed, after several times.

"Its 3 AM, I want you to rest for the day, and get ready for tonight. Zafo and I will go scouting in a few hours, we still need to find out where and what we are searching exactly. I can guarantee however that it is underground. We travel light, take what is necessary, and dark clothes, try and make use of what we have here without ordering" said Evani as she briefed them. Their intent eyes managed to fill her with a twang of inspiration. All was not lost...yet.

"If there isn't any questions, hit the sacks NOW, no pubbing, in fact you don't leave this room if it isn't necessary, as Daminga might have enlightened you, we are slightly more famous then we should be, now, BEDS" ordered Evani sharply as she whisked across the carpet and rich room to her own sleeping quarters.

"Vint, you and Daminga will stay on guard for the next three hours, then wake Leron and Garet for the next shift. We can't take any chances," ordered Zafo as well, his mismatched eyes stared hard into Vint and Daminga's eyes. Almost as warning of slips that may happen.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  397
March 10, 2006 10:54:19 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
-Seven Minutes Ago-

Garet strode unhappily towards the "DD Suite"; his tattoo removal still affecting him. As he reached for the door panel, his new comlink beeped. He pulled it out of his jacket and up to his head.

"This is Sergeant Daimun, what is it?" he said coldy.

"We can't reach Sergeant Le Clerique or Senior Sergeant ZaFo. We have two recruits waiting for escort on the top of your building," said a female voice on the other end

"I'm on it," Garet replied, ending the transmission.

Garet dropped his hand from the door and went to the nearest staircase. After three flights, he was at the top. He waited at the door and listened through it. Sounded like a human mumbling something to another person. Garet slowly started to open the door. He was greeted by suspicious looks from the human, and a howl from a wookie. Both were sitting down, and not moving. Not intimidated by either, Garet stood there with his arms crossed.

"You two gonna get up, or am I gonna have to drag you?" Garet asked condescendingly. He didn't need any more crap tonight by an odd couple of privates.

The wookie got up almost in rage, but the human quickly stuck his hand out to stop him.

"Alright then, let's go," Garet said, turning around towards the stairs. The wookie gave out another short howl.
-------

The squad didn't need to be told twice when Evani ordered them to bed. Garet figured she just wanted some sleep herself, but he asked no questions. Evani and Jenny each took their own rooms, and Jowak and Leron took another. Vint and Daminga both grabbed chairs and sat by the door, leaving Zafo, Arzano, and Garet to find their own beds. After a short conversation, Zafo Arzano took the two couches. Garet slid open a glass door to the patio, and shuffled outside. Now lying on a reclining chair, he found himself staring up at the stars again. The air had dropped a few degrees since he was out earlier. He pulled off his jacket and slid it over his torso to keep warm.

There was nothing going on. There was no sound or motion anywhere. Garet couldn't help but think about his tattoo, and his past. All by himself he had nothing else to think about anyways. All the pain, physical and mental, had finally caught up with him. He gently slid off his glasses, and for the first time in a long time, Garet cried.

Garet's eyes popped open, alarmed, at his shoulder shaking. He looked up immediately and was relieved to see it was only Vint standing over him.

"You're up," he said quietly yet firmly. Garet nodded. Slipping on his jacket, he walked into the room. Evani and Zafo were both getting ready to head out on their scouting run, and Leron emerged from his room, where Daminga had taken his place. As soon as Garet took a seat by the door, Vint flung himself on the couch where Zafo had been. Leron took the seat across from him, and the two engaged in a staring match.

What's with you? You're not a soldier, at least not Imperial. You don't fit the mold. You can't be trusted. You have my attention, so do whatever you want.

Garet stared cold, unwavering, and relentless. But Leron just couldn't be read. He stared back just as Garet did, but hid his emotion like an enigma. Finally, the silence was broken, and Leron smiled.

"You don't like Privates, do you?"

"I have nothing against them; my problem is disrespect."

Leron looked too smug with his smile. There was something about him. Garet would've felt no guilt had he punched the smile off his face.

"Do I anger you?" Leron asked, still with the same smile.

Don't respond... He's instigating you.

"You would like nothing more than to hurt me, wouldn't you?"

Focus on your mission... This guy is just trying to get you going.

"Our mission is futile." This was said with absolute certainty.

Garet looked up at Leron shocked and enraged. Leron had succeeded at getting him pissed. Garet got up and grabbed Leron's shoulder, raising his unclenched fist. Leron didn't flinch. Garet clenched his fist slowly, letting his knuckles crack, barely resisting the temptation to give in and hit Leron.

"Do it," Leron said egging Garet on again.

Going against all his desire, Garet let go and dropped his fist. "Go to bed, Private." Garet said trying to calm himself down. Leron got up, never failing to lift his smug smile. "Yes sir."

"If I ever find you doing anything to hurt anyone in this Squad or anything to jeopardize this mission, I will see to it that you are killed." Leron walked away, unphased.

Garet sat by the door with his head in his hands.

This is personal now. I won't him destroy this. I'll let him play his game, but I'm going to keep him in check.

(Sorry if that confused anyone, I'm a little exhausted.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"As soon as you step through that door, they'll be watching you like hawks. Hawks with video cameras!" -Livingston Dell, 'Ocean's 11'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 10, 2006 10:56:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 10, 2006 10:57:39 PM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1085
March 11, 2006 5:06:37 PM    View the profile of Evani 
" We need Arzano. I should have figured we will need some slicing done," murmured Evani as they sat huddled together trying to break a security terminal in the rain.  Evani poked her head around the terminal to see whether the guard they managed to knock out was still where they left him. She grinned as she managed to spot his crumpled form among the trashcans. They were situated in an alley-like corridor of the city near a trash dump for droids. Some sort of device Evani has never seen or heard of before leaned tall through the sky against the rowdy wind. The claw like clamps that grew from it neck proved it was some sort of apparatus to move heavy weight of metal and other trash around. Its colossal size gave off enough shadows mixed with the  clouded sky, and other various buildings' shadows to cover their doings. 
Sleeping like a baby she thought as her eyes left the guard back to their current goal.
Hack the terminal.

"Why do all terminals have to be at the sleaziest corners of an city? Its an invitation for hacking" she asked to Zafo as they switched turns in an another attempt to break through the security. Zafo chuckled light-heartedly at her comment while his eyes remained fixated on the small screen in front him. It gave off am blue hue against his skin making him look alien.

"I'm going to fetch Ar, wait here. I'll whistle when I'm nearing you" muttered Evani as she stretched her self in an upright stance. She was soaked to bone and shivering. But the rain had its ups and downs; the ups meaning anyone will try to avoid the streets.

"Evani! What are you doing back so soon?"
Evani shook her hair as she stepped back into the 'Goons' suite.  Garet chuckled from his seated position next to the door at her dog-like resemblance she expressed. Evani scrunched her face up reddening as she realised what she doing. She immediately stopped shaking the water out resulting her into dripping everywhere she went. For the first time since she entered the room Evani noticed a tense atmosphere.
"Where is Leron?" she snapped inquiringly. The uneasiness she felt returned.

"Here I am Sarge," answered the new Dragoon. Evani's eyes narrowed as Leron stepped from shadows around a turn in the room. His hands were playing lazily with a blade. Arithmetically it threw light every few moments as it reflected the luminosity streaming from lamp attached to the wall. She focused the attention of her eyes to Garet. Anger and a barely concealed loathe resided in his usually unreadable onyx eyes. His arms were folded across his torso; his one hand lingered above his sheathed blaster as if expecting something. Her own eyes narrowed. Something was definitely wrong.

"Need Ar, mind waking him? She muttered towards Garet, it was more of a order then a favour she was asking. Reluctantly and steadily
Garet drew him self up to his full height over towering Evani in seconds once again. Without any a word he left to where Arzano was sleeping.

"Leron, what's wrong?" she asked as soon as Garet left. She stood with her side facing Leron, her arms folded while her eyes were snapped to Leron. Water dripped like rain from the ends of hair and clothes quickly watering the thick carpet, and darkening it.
Leron shrugged and raised his eyebrows.
"its strange how you can place your trust in such short-fused soldier Sarge," he murmured absent minded. Evani turned her self to face him fully.
"Are you questioning my judgement?"
"No, it is a observation. Short fused people tend to be impulsive, impulsivity leads to a mind changing sides easily, like you?"  For a short minute silence was all to that followed as the two Dragoons stared hard at each other.

Evani chuckled.
"I see"
Wrong move there Lennie, she thought to her self.
Garet stepped back into the room, his arms folded yet again. His eyes studied the room and its occupants within. Arzano was rubbing his eyes tiredly beside him.
"Ar, sorry to wake you kid, we need you, follow me" ordered Evani sharply.
"Garet, since Gio's gone, you are FTL, I'll contact you as soon as possible, when I do follow the coordination I give you, from there I'll give you a further briefing." Evani stared at Garet. He knew what happened between them. She knew him well enough to know that he listened to the conversation. And he possibly caught Leron's mistake.

Impulsivity leads to a mind changing sides easily, like you?"  How did he knew she switched sides from the republic to the Empire? It was classified information most recruits wouldn't possibly know.
Evani shook her head and grabbed Arzano by his hand and dragged him out of the suite.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited March 11, 2006 5:11:22 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  398
March 12, 2006 11:50:07 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet took his seat again as Evani left. Leron just leaned against the wall swinging his Vibroblade in lazy, sweeping strokes. His smug smile had disappeared, but his vibroblade was just as aggravating. Garet tried not to pay attention, but Leron had his, and it was hard not to. Finally, out of concern for everybody, Garet got up and faced Leron.

"Put that thing away, soldier."

Leron smiled again, holding the blade firm now. "Don't tell me you're intimidated. I figured you're the only one who would appreciate some weaponry around here."

"Not in your hands." Leron's smile faded.

"Yes sir," Leron complied and began to put it down. But as Garet turned to site back down, Leron jammed it in the wall behind him. Garet spun around quickly to see what had happened.

"Don't give me that crap. Have some respect," Garet said is the most menacing voice he could without waking up everyone. Unfortunately, Vint, who had been sleeping on the couch just a couple feet away, heard it and got up.

"What's... goin' on?" he asked in the middle of a yawn.

"Nothing," Garet replied calming down.

"We got anything left to eat?" Vint asked, leaning over the back of the couch.

"Call room service," Garet replied, still staring at Leron.

"Alright then," said Vint excitedly, finally waking up.

As Vint got up to get to the HoloCom, Garet's ComLink beeped. He quickly grabbed it from his jacket and put it on. Vint and Leron both stood in silence as they listened in to the one way conversation.

"This is Garet," he said into it.

"Garet, Arzano is sending you our coordinates... now." Garet's datapad beeped to confirm this. "Get over here quickly. We'll wait for you." Evani ended the transmission. Garet pocketed his ComLink again.

"Vibroblade, now," Garet demanded of Leron. With ease, Leron pulled it out of the wall and tossed it to Garet, who tucked it into his jacket and between his belt and pants.

Now facing Vint, Garet started to open the door. "You're in charge. Don't wake anyone up unless it's necessary. Don't let anyone leave. You understand?"

"Yeah, I..." Vint started to say, but Garet cut him off.

"Good. We'll be back later." With a fixing of his jacket and tie, Garet left for the third time.

Vint took Garet's seat, a little upset that he never had the chance to order some food. Leron finally removed himself from the wall and took his seat across from Vint. Leron leaned forward.

"So, you know anything about Garet?" Leron asked.

"Actually, no. I just got here a day or two ago." Vint said a little uneasy with Leron.

"Drill didn't brief you about your Squad?"

"No... I've been enlisted twice and they've never told me anything." Vint said, a little more interested. Leron leaned back.

"Oh, well then, maybe I should tell you. You know Garet's an ex-convict for murder?"

Vint's eyes began to widen and he sat forward. Leron smiled.

-----

The rain felt good on Garet. It was cool on a generally hot planet, and Garet knew how lucky he was to get to witness rain on Utapau. Also luckily for him, his suit was waterproof. It would've really made him made if he ruined his suit. He stopped for a minute and crouched, taking a look at his datapad. He stood up, looked around the corner, and saw three people at the end of an alleyway basking in a light and the rain. He smoothly strode over to them. One of them, drew a pistol as Garet stepped into the light.

"Garet, dammit, give us some warning," Zafo said, shaking his head and dropping his pistol.

"Didn't know you'd be that kind of excited to see me. What's going on?" Garet said, looking at everybody's drenched outfits and hair. He had to smile. Zafo and Arzano scoffed, while Evani looked around. She looked at the three of them, then at Garet, then back at the three of them. She watched as the drops of rain bounced off his bald head and his suit, and watched as the three outfits they wore absorbed the rain and their hair was heavy and dripping. Evani sighed.

"Let's go," she said sounding almost depressed. "I'll tell you, Garet, as we move."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"As soon as you step through that door, they'll be watching you like hawks. Hawks with video cameras!" -Livingston Dell, 'Ocean's 11'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 12, 2006 11:51:00 AM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  399
March 12, 2006 6:04:47 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
(Sorry for the double post, I must rectify the situation in my first.)

Dawn was coming quickly, so DD only had limited time. From the security terminal Arzano was able to find recordings of the mission targets. The recordings came from a warehouse a couple miles away, and the 'Goons were heading there. With a quick call to Vint in the hotel, the two groups were to meet at the warehouse.

The rain was relentless as the squad made their way the couple miles to the warehouse. As the group of Zafo, Evani, Arzano, and Garet got there, the hotel group came out of the shadows of a neighboring building. Garet kept an eye on Leron, who came out last. From somewhere, Leron had another vibroblade that he was dragging on the ground, causing small sparks that lit up his feet.

Evani saw this, and motioned towards Leron. "Keep it down, no theatrics. This is time for stealth, not for assault." Leron almost grudgingly picked up his blade and leaned it over his shoulder. "If we're ready, let's go. Just keep on the lookout for anybody or anything significant. You'll know it when you see it."

The Squad moved quickly and quietly through the Warehouse lot to the front door. Jowak smashed open the door (as quietly as he could) and the eight went inside.

There was absolutely nothing inside. Whatever there was was either removed or covered with a white sheet; which in turn was covered with dust. There was no light either, save one cage in the middle of the one room warehouse. It was a small "skeleton" of an elevator, just the metal rods and a control panel that controlled the elevator and a single light on the top. On the roof of the building was a pully system that held it up. The whole squad looked at it in confusion. Finally, Zafo spoke up.

"Alright then. Guess we're going down."

"But... we won't all fit," Jenny pointed out.

"Then we'll split up," Evani said. "Even though I don't trust this thing." She tried to look down through the crack between the floor and elevator, but there was no light.

"I'll go first," Zafo said. "Vint, Jowak, you're with me." The three boarded the elevator.

"Good luck, be careful," Evani said as the elevator began to sink. Zafo nodded as he went out of view.

The pully reversed direction after a short pause, and it came back up.

As it came back up, Evani got on. "Alright. Jenny, Daminga, let's go." That left Garet and Leron.

Evani pressed the button and they left. The process repeated and Garet got on.

"Let's go," he commanded. Leron got on, with his vibroblade still over his shoulder.

They descended down the dark shaft.

(Wow, sorry fi that was boring guys. I was a little uninspired.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxy... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, 'Mercenaries'
"As soon as you step through that door, they'll be watching you like hawks. Hawks with video cameras!"
-Livingston Dell, 'Ocean's 11'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 12, 2006 6:28:08 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  452
March 13, 2006 2:57:25 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The second the "elevator" began it's descent the light on top of it flickered and went out, leaving Zafo, Vint and Jowak in absolute darkness. The ride was the opposite of smooth. A constant squealing emitted from the old rusty chains that suspended the cage as it descended further into the void.

"If there's anyone or anything out there, they know we are here." Zafo slowly slid his hand over to his pistol and withdrew it from the rancor hide holster. Over the high pitched racket, Zafo heard small grunts of impatience coming from Jowak.

Fearing an outburst of roaring, Zafo tried to calm the wookie; "It's going to be alright, just have a blaster ready." The massive ball of fur let out a quick stream of growls before falling silent.

After what felt like an eternity, the rusty cage slowed and eventually came to halt. As Vint slid open the door, a high pitched screech echoes through the darkness. Cursing the "elevator" once again, Zafo cautiously stepped out.

The ground underneath his feet felt very granular, as if it had never been covered with proper flooring. The air was incredibly dry and musty, nearly bringing tears to Zafo's eyes as he took another breath.

"At least down here it's dry." Zafo faintly whispered, even though the elevator made more than enough of a racket. He knew the other two Dragoons were probably feeling just as uncomfortable as he was.

"Don't pull out any light yet." Zafo ordered quickly as he heard the sound of a wrapper being removed from what he guessed to be a glowstick. "You never know, Evani might want to keep our cover down."

"But how the hell are we supposed to see?" Vint protested.

"I know, I know..." Zafo replied grasping his forehead. If there was anything down there, they don't need to give away their exact position. Then again, they needed to be able to see. They would surly loose if they had to fight an enemy in the dark.

Zafo twitched with anxiety as the cage began to return from where they came. The noise was much louder than Zafo had originally thought.

"Besides," Zafo continued "Maybe one of them have night vision." This seemed to stop himself from worrying.

After a couple of minutes, the creaking of the old elevator had ceased. Just when he thought he could not hear a more disturbing sound, a scratching sound, and then the tumbling of gravel was heard way off to his right.

Zafo threw himself into a defensive firing position. It seemed Vint and Jowak had also heard the sound for they were not to far behind in doing the same.

"Vint, get ready to crack that glowstick..." Zafo paused for a second before taking another deep breath of the chocking air.

"We might have company..."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited March 13, 2006 3:04:20 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  60
March 21, 2006 9:10:31 AM    View the profile of daminga 
As the elevator's doors closed shut, Daminga's stomach started to churn. 

This doesn't feel right, he thought to himself.

He unsung his rifle and brought it up to his shoulder half aiming towards the doors, waiting for it to open and trying to keep himself as steady as possible.

Huh, he's kind of a nervous one, thought Jenny as she heard the familiar sounds of a rifle being loaded, Then again, so am I right now.

She also started to prepare herself incase anything were to happen.  Evani could hear what the two were doing.

They train them to be prepared at least, Evani thought to herself, thinking of Daminga's reaction to the dark cold elevator. If I was new to this I'd be jumpy too.

"You two ok?" she asked.

"Yea," came a response from Jenny.

Evani waited for Daminga to answer.

"Daminga?"

"Yes ma'am?" said Daminga as if he shaken out of a dream.

"You alright?"

"I will be once we get off of this thing."

For the rest of the ride the trio remained motionless.  Finally, the elevator began to slow to a stop.  It took a few seconds for the doors to open.  After a full minute the doors began to slide open.  Daminga realized that he had been holding his breath and as he exhaled and inhaled again he caught the smell of the hugh wookie through the musty air and knew the first three Dragoons were still only a few feet into the cave.  As if to conform this, Zafo called out in a whispered,

"Evani?"

Uh oh, something's not right if Zafo's whispering like that, thought Evani.

Then the three newcomers to the cave heard the sound that had thrown the first three into a defensive position.   

"Everyone in a tight circle!" Evani whispered. 

Everyone stayed in that position as the elevator started to ascend again for the second and final time.  A low whimper came from the direction Jowark.

That thing's nervous?! thought Vint.

Again came the scratching sound, and again it came from another position different from the previous two but much closer.  This caused all six Dragoons to swing their rifles toward that direction.

Damn it, come on! thought Evani.  She could hear the elevator beginning to come back down.

"Ev, I have a glow stick ready," came Vint's voice in a whisper.

"Well, crack it!" Evani whispered harshly.

The Dragoons heard the stick crack and the faint green glow began to illuminate the cave around all them.  As the glow reached to far corners, shadows began to scurry back away from it. 

Please, Great Spirits help us on this journey, Daminga prayed as shivers ran up his spin.

"Jenny, Jowark, crack more glow sticks," ordered Evani.

As the cave became brighter, the elevator that had been descending came to a stop.  Again, it took a few minutes for the doors to open. When they did Garet almost had to push Leron out. 

"We all here?" asked Evani, "Alright, let's get going before whatever that was grows used to the light."

(Sorry about the post. It's not the best I've got.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1095
March 22, 2006 5:12:34 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Evani peered through the dark in Garet's direction. Leron seemed to make it his top priority to distract the Fire Team Leader and his Squad Leader. Zafo stepped forward from his place in the tight little circle. He's eyebrows were arched. Unlike Garet and Evani's impulsive manners he was slowly analysing this new turn of events with Leron. Taking his reaction step by step.

Evani slackened her stance if only slightly. Their faces were covered in a green hue as Vint's glow stick continued illuminating the air. Shadows of the odd curves and angles found in cave and caverns danced around them while dripping echoes of water formed part of the music.

"Vint, hand me your glow stick" ordered Evani in a low yet firm whisper.
With a flick of his wrist the glow stick made its way through air towards Evani. She caught it firmly with her unoccupied hand and directed around her. She stepped away from the circle as well. Evani slowly trudged forward, not quite sure where she is stepping or rather what she is stepping into. The whole squad heard what Zafo's group heard the first the time. More then enough to have them all on guard and exterminate if needed to be.

"Where to now?" asked Vint curiously, rifle still aimed high?
"Left" answered Evani dryly. Much to their utter surprise Jowak spoke up. Though the volume of his roar like speech was considered soft to the standard volume, the sound was speeding wildly through the tunnels. For a few minutes Jowak dominated the conversation.

Evani stifled a groan as she waited.
Damn wookiee
"Keep it down, Leron translate" ordered Evani when Jowak finished. Leron coughed briefly.
"He says we should go right, left leads back to the upper floor because the air smell fresher, we want to go down, we go right." translated Leron rather reluctantly.

For a few seconds Evani hesitated, left or right? Her gaze flickered between Jowak and the fork that loomed in front of them.
"We follow Jowak's nose" Uninterrupted for the next hour.

The increasing sounds of dripping water seemed to drag Jowak to insanity with his much more sensitive ears. Leron wasn't quite happy with Evani's choice of direction but Garet's firm grip on his blaster seemed to convince him otherwise. The concrete foundation has long since disappeared. Both the floor and the ceiling, even the pleasant lights were now gone leaving them to reply on their own provisions.
Evani scratched her head while she tiredly leaned against the rough texture of the wall when they made a brief stop.

Evani raised her gaze curiously at Leron as he suddenly bought his hand up sharp. It reminded her of her self or Zafo when&
Oh Frak!   
"Alert!" she yelled out as loud as possible as she upholstered her pistol and aimed at Leron,
To late however as a dagger spun through the air before it thrilled into Arzano's skull with a slam. Evani followed the source of the dagger only to come face to face with a creature she has only seen on HoloTV and datapads.
Noghris.
Fearsome creatures found scarcely, they were top ranked assassins skilled in the art if death. The noghri leered at her with an appalling glare. It didn't overestimate nor under estimate its opponents. The stood with their fists poised in the air ready for battle.
Dumbfounded Evani remained frozen for a second at the loss of a comrade and betrayal by another. The rest of the squad has jumped to action in attempt to avoid any more losses.

Sorry for not desribing them, hands are full. Here is a link
Noghri Picture

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited March 22, 2006 5:20:20 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  410
March 23, 2006 6:49:13 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet caught Arzano as he was falling to the ground. He quickly pulled the knife out and shook Arzano; but it was obvious that there was no sign of life. "Kid"

A blaster shot rang out as Garet laid Arzano's body on the ground. Zafo had drawn his and shot into the darkness. "Noghris," he said. "They no we're here."

Evani had her gun pointed up at Leron. Apparently she had the same suspicions as Garet. Vint stepped through the battle-ready 'Goons.

"Sarge, I don't think he's the enemy right now." Vint tried to persuade Evani to put her gun down.

"Step back, Vint. I'll decide who the enemy is." She said back to Vint, never leaving Leron out of her sight. "Didn't any of you see him... you know... give a signal?" Nobody spoke up. In fact, everyone stared at Evani in a confused kind of way. Garet felt that he should do something, but in all honesty, he didn't see a thing. "But... he gave a signal..."

"Evani," Zafo started, "I think we need to move."

Evani let her blaster down in embarrassment, and motioned for everyone to move. Much of the group passed Garet, who stood still for a moment. As soon as everyone passed Garet grabbed Leron and thrust him into one of the walls. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoot you now."

Leron, breathing heavily after being flung to the wall, replied in phrases. "You wouldn't want anyone to think you were a murderer, would you?"

Garet grunted in a stupefied way, and threw Leron to the ground. "Get ahead with the group."

Leron complied to getting up, but didn't move. "There's a hole to your left," he stated. "Be careful."

Garet made the poor decision of looking down to the hole. As he turned, Leron came around and elbowed him in the cheek. Caught off guard, Garet fell into the hole.

--

Up ahead, Leron had caught up with the group next to a waterfall. Most of them were trying to drink the water. His panting and running caught Zafo's attention.

"What were you doing?" Zafo asked.

"I'm sorry sir& I had to take a bathroom break. Garet was right with me, sir."

"Where is he, then?"

Leron looked back, and turned around acting frightened. "He was right behind me," he said innocently and surprised.

"Damn... Evani!" Zafo yelled to the trudge leader. "Garet's gone!"

--

Garet took a moment to catch his breath after the fall. He lifted himself to his knees and paused to spit out blood. "Alright, you just watch yourself next time, boy," he said in delusion to what just happened. He picked himself up onto his knees, and twitched at the sound of ripping fabric. He looked down to see the Vibroblade he confiscated from Leron earlier sticking through his pants. "Ok, ok. My suit's ripped. You just issued yourself a death wish," Garet said again, to no one in particular.

Garet stood where he was and looked at his surroundings. An eerie blue light filled the room he was in, and it was oddly circular. As far as he could tell, there was only one more way out other than the hole. Seeing nothing else to do, Garet walked to the exit. As he got close to it though, the gravel shifted behind him. He spun around unsheathing his Vibroblade and slicing as he did so. To his surprise, his attack was blocked by another sword. Behind it was a Noghri.

Their eyes met, and Garet knew he was in deep shit. The Noghri back flipped away ready for another attack. Garet raised his blade to an attack stance and charged. The smart thing, Garet thought, would be to attack his feet; and he did so. The Noghri easily jumped over the blade as Garet spun around, crouched. As the warrior came back down, he tried to smash Garet's head in with his sword, but Garet held his blade horizontally and was only fallen by the attack. On the ground, but not dead: perfect.

Garet had to roll around a few times to dodge downward slides made by the Noghri; and even then he took flesh wounds from stabs. Each time the Noghri seemed to get faster. Finally Garet had the opportunity to do something and kicked the creature in the ankle, causing it to fall as well. They both got up quickly and went back to their dance. Garet slashed, but the Noghri countered and stepped to the side while kicking, causing Garet to fly into the wall. Apparently, the Noghri's were all that they were infamous for.

Garet turned around, already exhausted. The Noghri had something in his hand though, a little ball. Garet looked at it in confusion, and the Noghri punctured it. Garet couldn't figure it out, but smoke emanated from it and started to blend in with the blue light. Suddenly, from nowhere, the Noghri had multiplied by four. "You've got to be kidding me. There is no way my luck is that bad."

Garet took the advantage of the Noghri standing still and stabbed one of the four. "Finally!" he yelled out at his success. He pulled his Blade out, and the Nogri still stood; not only that, but there was no wound. [I]Illusions.[/I]

Garet really didn't have the time or energy for this, so he began to search the room for the exit. Multiple times he was forced back by the Noghri and its clones, but eventually he found the exit. In fear that the warrior might be following him, he summoned the rest of his energy to run. About thirty seconds and a lot of darkness later, he was falling again. The blue light disappeared on top of him, and a new light and the sound of rushing water came from below him.

--

"Alright, so Jowak, Leron, and myself are going back to look for Garet," Evani addressed the squad. "Everyone got that? I don't want one person going anywhere besides here. Zafo, make sure that happens." Evani looked around at the squad. "Let's go," she said after a cough.

Just as the three rescuers turned around to leave up the ramp where Leron came from, something splashed water onto the entire group from the pool created by the waterfall. Everyone turned in excitement and fear, and some had to shake the water off of them.

Garet emerged onto the surface gasping for air, bleeding from his face and arms. The water turned red as he swam to the edge. Some people tried to help Garet, or offer him support, but he was focused on one thing: Leron.

As Garet approached in rage, Leron tried to run away. He was easily cut down by a kick to the back of the head. "Get up!" Garet yelled at the squirming Leron.

Vint and Zafo both rushed towards the two. Zafo grabbed Garet and Vint went to Leron.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Zafo said as he dragged Garet away. Garet struggled to free himself, but Jowak also came and grabbed him, easily holding him down.

"That bastard!" Garet yelled towards Leron. "He killed Arzano, and he just tried to kill me!"

By now Evani, and most of the squad, had their blasters out. "Garet, calm yourself. What happened?"

Zafo and Jowak let go as Garet tried to calm himself. He grabbed his jacket collar and pulled it to get it straight. He followed it up by pointing to his cheek. "See that? That was this coward. He hit me into a hole." He pointed to his other wounds. "And these were a Noghri. It was waiting for me. My guess is it's looking for me now."

Leron finally picked himself up with the help of Vint. "Liar," he said trying to defend himself. "Clumsy idiot! You were right behind me! I didn't fall!"

In one quick motion, Garet grabbed his blaster and shot Leron in the arm. "Get up," Garet said calmly as Leron fell again and Zafo grabbed him. Garet looked around at anybody to see where they stood on the two stories. The only one who looked deeply concerned was Evani. "Get up," Garet said again, not in anger, but in shock. It was the only thing he could say.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxy... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, 'Mercenaries'
"As soon as you step through that door, they'll be watching you like hawks. Hawks with video cameras!"
-Livingston Dell, 'Ocean's 11'
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited March 23, 2006 6:52:08 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  68
March 25, 2006 11:47:01 AM    View the profile of daminga 
"Get up," Garet said again as he kept looking around him to his fellow squad members, looking for help or support of any kind.  He somehow managed to wrestle his way out of Zafo's grasp and brought the pistol back up to point at the limp form of Leron, who appeared to have hit his head against the side of the cavern, knocking him out.

"Garet, please, put that thing away!" Evani asked, a mixture of kindness and sternness in her voice.
"But you had to have seen him&" Garet's voice trailed off into silent. 

"Garet, that's an order," Evani said with the same kindness and sternness in her voice.

Garet, his mind spinning from exhaustion and anger, started to shake.  Seeing this, Zafo slowly walked up and placed his hand on Garet's arm, slowly and gently forcing the arm down, while grabbing the pistol with his other hand. 

"Sorry," Zafo whispered.  Garet just nodded his head, but kept his eyes focused on Leron.  Evani pointed to Leron and said to Vint,

"Make sure he's alright and dress his wounds."

As Vint leaned down to examine the wound so did Jowak.

Those two seem to  look out for each other.  If one's bad, what about the other? Evani thought about Leron and Jowak.  She glanced at the other Dragoons.  Jenny had gone over to help Zafo calm Garet and Daminga had walked to the waters edge and was peering up at the hole where the waterfall emerged. 

As if on cue, a hugh form appeared in the water and came splashing down.  The small tidal wave hit Daminga square in the chest and face, knocking him over.  As the rest of the squad spun to see what had happened, another form followed the first into the water.  As the first surfaced and started to swim toward the Dragoons yet another fell into the water that was already churning from the first two.  While the last two surfaced, the first creature started to step onto the shore. 

Evani had, by this point, run up to Daminga and had helped him up to his feet.  She started pushing him back towards the others, while glancing over her shoulder.

Noghris, just what we need now.  She glanced toward Garet.  He appeared to have collected himself and was facing the Noghris.  Zafo and Jenny had their rifles raised and had stepped in front of Garet.  Vint had left Leron's side and was standing beside Daminga and Evani now. 

The first Noghris who reached the shore didn't even wait for his comrades, but instead came rushing at Evani, Vint and Daminga.  On pure reflexes Vint and Daminga knelt and started to fire their weapons as Evani pulled out her pistol with one hand and her whip with the other.  The blasters seemed to have no affect on the Noghri as he continued to advance. 

Evani glanced to her left and saw that one of the other Noghris was attacking Garet, Jenny and Zafo.  The last Noghris had just emerge and appeared to ponder where to attack.  Just then Jowak came running and leaped and tackled the enormous creature into the water.

We need to get the hell out of here!  We won't be able to hold these things off for very long, Though Evani as she also started firing upon the advancing Noghri.

"We're going to need to fight these things hand-to-hand guys! Get ready!" she yelled to the rest of the squad.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  760
March 28, 2006 4:22:02 PM    View the profile of vint 
Vint and Daminga knelt side by side on the ground. There were blasters firing away; they seemed to have no affect on these natural assassins. The Noghri quickly was in reach of the two 'Goons, who threw down their weapons and put themselves into a defensive position.

Vint pushed his leg out into the air, attempting to kick the Noghri squarely in the chest. But the Noghri was much faster and quickly moved a foot to the side, grabbed Vints leg, and twisted it so that the PFC fell to the ground.

Daminga held his defensive position until the last moment and jumped out the Noghris way. The Noghri flew past him, but turned around with unexpected speed and ease. The Noghri stopped about ten feet from Daminga; his eyes were black, giving the impression of emptiness inside of him. Maybe that was why most people referred to them as creatures instead of people.

They were both staring at each other intently, waiting for the other to make a move. Daminga was struck by an object and collapsed onto the ground. It was Vint that had struck him; the other Noghri , the one who was dodging around Evani, had hurled him them together.

Evani had one of the creatures trying to get at her. She was having trouble keeping the Noghri at bay with her whip. Jowak was slowly bringing himself out of the water. Garet, Jenny, and Zafo were trying to figure out what to do, confused by the sudden assault.

LeronThought Vint. The Noghris weren't paying attention to him? He was on the ground, more vulnerable than any of the others, but no one touched him&

Vints mind had been distracted too long. He took a blow to the head, and was out cold.

-----------------------
Dark Dragoons

TRP/PFC Vint/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
[This message has been edited by vint (edited March 29, 2006 9:08:56 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Novice

daminga

Post Number:  72
March 28, 2006 9:07:17 PM    View the profile of daminga 
As Daminga picked himself up off the ground, Vint landed right next to him in the dust.

"Daminga! Check him out!" came an order from Evani, who was still holding off the Noghri with her whip.

Daminga rolled Vint of onto his stomach and smacked him on his face a few times saying,

"Hey! Hey Vint, come on, man. Wake up!"

Vint just groaned.  Daminga glanced up at Evani.  He could tell she was tiring and that the Noghri was just waiting her out.  Daminga looked toward Garet, Zafo and Jenny.  They seemed to be doing better than Daminga and Vint.  Jowak was keeping himself busy with his Noghri and appeared to be doing fine.  Daminga turned his gaze to Lenor.

Still out, he thought.  He was to worried about the rest of his squad to notice that none of the Noghris were not going to Lenor.  I gotta get back to Evani.

He turned and stood and watched as Evani came flying through the air towards him.  Daminga just had time to duck before Evani flew by him.  He stood and looked to where she came from.  The Noghri wasn't even winded. 

The Noghri stared at Daminga for a long moment.  Its dark eyes burning into him.  Daminga just stared back, express less.  The Noghri grinned for a moment more, then began to charge.  Again Daminga waited for the last possible  moment before eh sidestepped.  The hugh expected this and again turned in a surprising amount of speed. 

However, to his surprise, Daminga was right there with him when he turned.  Daminga had one of his knifes that he always carried out, one that was given to him by a stormtrooper from his home planet.  As the Noghri turned, Daminga swung his arm back and forth, slicing the massive creature across the chest and face deeply. 

The Noghri let out a horrible mixture or a growl and whine.  He brought his arm up and touched his face and saw the blood.  The Noghri looked up at Daminga and snarled at him. 

By this time Evani was up on her feet again and saw the opportunity.  She launched the whip at the Noghri, aiming for his neck.  It wrapped around and around.  The hugh creature let out a cry of surprise and grabbed at the whip.  Evani pulled back, tightening it.  The large creature fell to his knees, gasping for breath.  As he struggles against the whip, Daminga came running up and stuck his knife into the creature's chest, twisted it and pulled it sharply out. 

"Watch out!" came a yell from Evani.  Daminga turned to see Jowak's giant form hurling towards him. 

(Sorry guys, this is by far not my best yet.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1106
March 28, 2006 11:47:50 PM    View the profile of Evani 

We can't kill them all!"
If possible Evani would have sighed. But thunderous blaster bolts erupting from her DC-15 as it was flipped into action replaced this action. She sheathed her DC-15 hastily and grabbed her whip. She stole a quick glance around her.

"Watch out!" she yelled in attempt to warn Daminga who had his back turn to the noghri who he supposedly just killed. Miraculously the noghri survived the attack. Jowak was hurtling him self at the noghri behind Daminga. Evani lashed her whip out towards Daminga's waist. It curled neatly about him and she tugged out of the midst of a newly erupted battle between Jowak and the noghri who had a dagger poised, meant for Daminga's back.

Jowak was surprisingly proving him self quite skilled in the art of violence as he threw him self at the Noghri. His attacks showed grace and structure, which is very unusual for a wookiee. But where the wookiee made up in sheer strength, he lacked the speed to match the deadly noghri.

The noghri in turn bludgeoned him self at Jowak. Something was not right however. These noghris were toying with them. It was unusually for a noghri to act in this dishonoured way to their heritage if her memory served correctly. Even Garet with his highly illustrious martial arts skills should have been dead after confronting one of them.

She lashed out again to the noghri as it fought Jowak. The latter kept circling the noghri analysing his choices. Almost tauntingly the noghri darted aside, her eyes caught its footing avoiding the still unconscious crumpled form of Leron neatly. Her eyes caught Daminga untangling him self from his whip to aid Zafo and their noghri.

Then an idea dawned on her. But before she could bring it into action a high screech emitted from the noghri facing Jowak. Daminga has jumped to Zafo's side to help them out with their noghri. Their noghri suddenly jumped away from his battle and headed straight for Jowak.

They're both attacking Jowak! she thought fleetingly. Jowak could barely manage the one; he was already injured from his previous fight. Two of these warriors could tear him apart. Not able to think any more, and seeing only one action to help the wookiee out Evani hurtled her self between Jowak's back and the storming noghri. As if sensing what just happened behind Jowak howled something. Evani supposed it was a thanks not able to understand his primitive language. For a few minutes the two; human and noghri stared at each other with analysing glances before Evani decided on making use of her plan.

"Garet! Get to Leron!" she ordered. Upon hearing Leron's name the whole battle stopped momentarily, both races glanced at Leron and then at Evani.
Not wasting time Garet bludgeoned him self at the still unconscious form of Leron.
If her plan didn't work, all was lost.  Not wasting a moment he planted his blaslter's barrel in the side of Leron's head.

Suddenly it seemed as if time stopped. At once every single noghri paused in their poised positions, everyone looking at her and Garet  with their vacant expressions.

"Back off or I shoot"
The squad glanced confused at their squad leader's actions before glancing back to their opponents. The latter however was gone in the blink of an eye.
"We are supposed to be dead Never in a hundred years could we have survived even two of these guys' attacks. Never mind five. Something's up and I get a feeling our buddy can explain it all" he muttered not taking his blaster from Leron's head.

"We need to get to whatever these guys are hiding, " murmured Zafo as he composed him self. The whole squad circled Evan and Garet, their questioning glances awaited Leron's awaking.

"Lets wake sleeping beauty" scoffed Garet; he grabbed Leron by his collar and threw him in the same water from where Garet emerged earlier.
It was by now obvious to the squad as to why Leron was titled traitor by both Garet and Evani. And the noghris' action as Garet threatened them with his life seemed to put off any present questions

"I'm getting a feeling he won't feel beautiful in the next hour," muttered Zafo as Garet continued to drown Leron in the water. At last a spluttering Leron waked. For a moment he looked at them confused before spotting the blood and dirt about them.

As if putting two and two together Leron lounged for an escape but a Garet quickly locked his arms in a shattering force.
"Easy now Garet, I want him alive" ordered Evani softly as she stood up. Used to injuries Evani got rid of the coat-like jacket she was wearing and tore it in shred with the help of her dagger. It proved to be of some difficulty with her arm, but with Daminga help they were quickly bandaging the squad. In a matter of minutes all attention was directed back to Leron. He was still struggling, but Garet's larger stature seemed unfazed.

"To avoid wasting time, I'm not going bother with chit chat. If you want to live, you will lead us to whatever the thing is we are looking for. You will call of all security, and guarantee us a safe passage back to the upper levels. Understood?"

Evani pushed her blast in to the side of his neck, denting the skin and possibly leaving light blood marks. Not able to speak due to the barrel digging in the area where his vocal chords reside Leron managed a nod.

"And if you don't comply I will personally make sure you're death slow and painful" she added as a side note.
"If she doesn't I will. I have a score to settle," muttered Garet increasing the wrinkles of worry in Leron's frown.

"Okay squad, lets go. You move" sneered Evani and jabbed Leron to movement.
Slowly the captive rose from his huddled position in the water and steered them through the series of tunnels and abandoned squatter house where some of the natives used to reside.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Jakireth
ComNet Veteran

Jakireth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1005
Total Posts:  1356
March 30, 2006 8:38:17 PM    View the profile of Jakireth 
[OOC: I'm gonna be a bit vague on...everything. Being new, I don't want to mess anything up.]

Blood fell like rain from Leron's pale face, his skin splattered with red. Garet saw fit to give him several reminders every now and then, a fist striking the traitor's jaw with tremendous force. Daminga and Vint were still fighting angrily with their wounds, the squad's newest PFC rubbing a gentle hand on a specific area of his face. Something was going to occupy that area at a later time, and he was sure that bruise was an incredibly lax term. The other Private was simply grimacing at certain intervals, obviously in discomfort as the throbbing in his chest resurfaced periodically.

Sergeant Evani was raging with hate, her now cold eyes locked completely on the injured Leron. Although reholstered, her whip was wrapped menacingly about her fingers; the cord waving silently in a torrent of fury. From what the rest of the squad could infer, she wasn't concerned with anything us but him. It was that excuse for a humanoid entity that destroyed their plans. It was him who displayed their whereabouts... sold their lives to a source unknown. Quite frankly, they could have been mortally wounded several times in their journey, but teamwork and ingenuity proved more valiant.

"What happened to the...things" Zafo asked with a mumble, shooting a look behind his shoulder.

Garet jammed a stiff elbow into the neck of Leron; the weary man's expression turning somber with a grind of his teeth. The blows to his head were turning out to be quite effective at completely impairing his motor functions.

Idiots He spat towards the people behind him without words, Only a few more hits...and the hordes of noghri enveloping the population of this place will have no reason to hold back...

"I don't know..." The FTL answered, "It probably has something to do with this asshole... They disappeared once we threatened him."

"Exactly," Evani nearly growled, and still keeping her line of sight on Leron, "And that's exactly why we need him alive..." She looked at Garet, "Keeping him awake and away from unconciousness would be a pleasant bonus."

The Sergeant opposite her smiled twistedly into the area in front of him, "There will be plently of time for us to get to know each other when we get back to Tadath... Isn't that right?" He asked with a jab to his 'friends' back.

"Bite me..." Leron retorted sarcastically, using a good amount of the energy he had left.

"Disrespect," Zafo laughed, "I suppose the honor among criminals declines when it is directed towards an enemy?"

Jennabelle nodded, chiming into the conversation:

"Indeed it does, sir."

"Finally...we get a break..." Evani sighed, pointing to a set of elevator doors in the distance. Before them was a T-junction, the center of the scheme holding their salvation to walking. The walls were beginning to look as if they were slightly more of steel than rock, and a dim light emanated from the passage ahead.

"That doesn't look like one!" Zafo yelled, pointing to six noghri sliding elegantly from the shadows of the corridor, conveniently in their way.

Garet loosened his clamp on the bloodied traitor long enough for him to slip away, his shock of seeing the things in front of him combined with the loss of Leron.

The soldier darted after him.

Evani grabbed the back of his torn uniform, yanking the material as hard as she could. The large and murderous figures in front of them were now forming up and motioning for them.

"Shoot..." She said with venom, "Just shoot."

At that moment, the entire area was encompassed with the sound of reloading blasters. Several clicks were heard, along with snapping and clanking; the noises of shouldering and preparing their weapons.

"Cue the volley of death..." Vint said into silence, recalling a holo-film that looked distinctly like their current situation.

Many of the poised 'Goons would have let a laugh escape their lungs if they weren't staring a group of extremely formidable opponents...dead in their heartless eyes.

Zafo had waited long enough at that point, harshly jamming his finger down on the trigger of his E-11. The orange light escaping his barrel illuminated the 'hallway' further, adding to the dim illumination panels that were glowing ahead of them. A good thirteen rounds sprayed violently over two of the enemies in front of them, slightly injuring one.

The rest of them charged.

Faced with a raging rival, Daminga dropped his right shoulder, collecting all of his strength and focusing it at that one point. As the Private closed his eyes in anticipation, the two collided, a crack spreading out through the air. Something had been broken, but it wasn't any part of him. As his shoulder stiffened, the noghri stumbled in surprise and let off on the brunt of his attack. Daminga was ready, of course, and as he endured the collision...the creature's rib snapped.

The rest of the squad continued to lay down their barrage of blaster bolts, the hands of all the troopers gripped tightly around their rifles. Aside from the grunting creature crying loudly in pain in front of Private Daminga, they had managed to knock down two more of the opposition. At a run, the remaining noghri escaped to the barrier of the narrow T-junction.

It was then that a trio of figures appeared throughout the darkness; the lighting devices having been blown out from a rifle round. Jenny flicked on her tactical scope, a beam of yellow flying about the cave. As she scanned the area to identify the newly acquired targets, they began doing the flipside of what expected. As two of the new group surpressed the incoming beasts with high-powered weapons, the third flew up on a noghri, his arm grasping its neck, and a field knife slicing backward through its throat. His head slid up, avoiding the tip of the blade now jutting directly upward from his adversary.

"And...time!" One of the kneeling men - which was now recognizable from the source of Jennabelle's light - yelled, tossing his arms up and letting the rifle he was holding fall slowly downward, bouncing as it caught its sling. He was obviously acknowledging the completion of the fight:

Six dead noghri lay scattered around the corridor.

"You brought your stopwatch?" The taller of the group asked, kicking the thing he had just eliminated.

"It's attached to my A-280... You know that." The one who initiated the conversation said.

"Gah..."

It was then that Evani smiled, her unhappy expression turning slightly content.

"Jak!"

The Lance Corporal returned a grin, "That's my name... Nice to see all of you again."

"How did you find us...why are you here?" Zafo questioned.

"Command became concerned with some of the intelligence you returned after your initial recon. After you blacked out of our watch, they sent us in to go scouting. After following the information we had gathered, we ended up here. This meeting," He paused and blinked towards the shadows littering the floor, "Was pure coincidence."

Vint tilted his head, pointing to their opponents. "You sure knew where to hit 'em..."

"Damn straight." The louder of the remaining pair announced.

Jakireth sighed, "Allow me to introduce Corporal Darien, the most noble of the Corps," He grinned sarcastically in his friends direction, "And Sergeant Jasper."

"Now..." He inquired, walking about the death on the ground, "What the fuck are those?"

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
Army of the Vast Empire
------------------------
TRP/LCPL Jakireth/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]
Rep/Reporter Jakireth/NewsRep: 2/News Division/VET/VE
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1134
April 4, 2006 4:00:37 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Evani beamed at the Lance Corporal in front her.
"Those? Noghris, or that's what its supposed to be. But something is off, Jenny, throw me some light over to the one lump of death nearest at you" ordered Evani as she carefully picked her self about the dead noghri.

"Jasper and Darien? You have to excuse for me for the informalities at the moment, but I don't give a damn. Really glad to have you here"
The Corporal and Sergeant waved it off,
"Comparing your manners with Jak, I would say its pretty civilised" muttered Jasper curtly, an icy glare was met with his comment but he ignored it.

For a while everyone waited for Evani finish with her inspection, she however took her time as her hands touched and felt the noghris. Their usual grey skin were sickly blue tinted colour as reminder of their death. The weak light's Jenny's rifle produced helped no further as she tried to inspect the blood. Throwing care and caution to the wound Evani dragged on her slender fingers through a puddle of blood oozing from on the noghri's side. The black blood was sticky yet it dried quickly leaving an uncomfortable layer of jelly across the dirtied finger.

"Where is Garet?" Evani straightened her self back to her full height, which wasn't much to speak of since everyone always challenged her vertically on her squad.
"I think he chased after Leron as soon as this stuff was dead" answered Zafo motioning to the dead layer of noghris around them.

"Ah, well one trooper's vendetta can't keep us waiting, the little shit mentioned something about a T-junction and a elevator, go down one level. Take the last door on the first corridor to the right. Sounds easy. Lets move," ordered Evani crisply, the last shred of patience disintegrating fast by her growing anger.

Not wasting any more time the squad moved out. In the back of her mind Evani remained worried about Garet's whereabouts, but knowing the soldier could take care of him self she trudged over to the elevator.  The elevator was the same size their previous one had been when they first embarked on their journey to descend in these hellish depths.

It took them at most fifteen minutes to gather at the next floor, talking much of their alignment. It was rare to find, factions and Empire with troopers as efficient as this particular squad.

"First corridor to the right. Last door" she muttered softly as she stepped out from the elevator along with Jak and Zafo, the last group to arrive to the new floor. The floor was a stark contrast the previous one the occupied. It's roof resembled the mouth of an unknown predator to Evani with razor sharp rock dripping down from the roof like much icicles from an ice cavern, with exception of the colours which varied from dark brown to a sandy red. Details were of petty matter to the squad however at the moment, only details, which imposed danger, were noticed.

Last door, that's a few meters away, shouldn't be to hard to get over there, Evani thought as they took a small breather, it was as if she was frightened of jinxing them if they took another step. Taking a deep breath Evani trudged on. Cautiously they crept around the corner. Everyone's rifles were raises in anticipation, and it remained poised in the air, till they reached the door Leron told them about. Jakireth kicked it open without even testing to see whether it was locked or now. The sight they were met with was&unthinkable.
Its...its empty!"
Indeed.
A white tiled square room met their eyes.
"Maybe he meant the left corridor," muttered Evani lividly as she stormed in the room.
"Lets check it out" growled Jakireth as he spun on his heel, but he stopped dead in his tracks as familiar shadows slithered closer to their side.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1141
April 9, 2006 12:58:19 AM    View the profile of Evani 
"Shit, guys I'll handle them, you get to the room!" yelled Jakireth as he gritted his teeth in determination. Through the shadows Evani managed to make eye contact, she nodded.
"Zafo, Jasper, stay here with Jak, keep this crap out of our hair," ordered Evani, she motioned to the rest of the squad to follow her lead, and they bolted away from the scene as Jakireth's vibroblade trilled into one the noghris head.

"Okay, so it was the right corridor, last door. My bad" gasped Evani as they ran. Luckily it was a straight line they had to run, the corridor being just opposite of the one the managed to escape perhaps at the cost of Jasper, Jakireth and Zafo.

Darting in the corner the squad along with Evani kept pushing their worn bodies. It seemed forever till they halted. Without wasting a second Daminga and Vint bashed their way through the door, their rifles pressed so tight against their shoulders it was going to leave a bruise.
Nothing will get in their way to get this mission over and done with.

Evani went into a coughing fit as she lost her breath in surprise at the sight. It was the same square tiled room they were met with earlier, except all along the wall long glass cylinders and tubes could be found, each carrying a dark shadow of existence within the liquid. Slowly she and the squad edged further in the room, awed by what they have stumbled on.

"Someone left in a hurry," muttered Zafo's voice, Evani looked up, he was leaning on Jakireth as they stepped in the room. She supposed they have managed to get rid of the noghris. She followed Zafo's gaze to one of the many desks. Indeed. It was hastily emptied, only a few papers were still peeling out from its opened drawers. All the datapads were self-destructed.

"All the evidence are wiped except for the cylinders, but it looks to me like a private cloning&place," murmured Jakireth as he studied the chaotic room.
"But why didn't they destroy the cylinders?" muttered Vint.
"Good question, maybe these guys still have to be born," thought Jakireth out loudly, Evani started scouting around the room, she carefully picked her self about the littered floor of junk and broken remnants of the laboratory.

"Or maybe they didn't have enough time" she said as her eyes landed on a still smouldering datapad.
"Makes sense, better deactivate this before a whole squad of noghris attacks us" Zafo hobbled over to the terminator, which they could only guess, was the controls. Within minutes the squad good breath again. No attacks were coming. That they were sure of it.

"Lets see if the destroyed their satellite, time to contact base. Mission done. We found out what they were doing. Cloning noghris. No wonder the crap was unusually weak." Muttered Evani as she searched for a satellite. A good hour later the squad was all contently waiting for a team to meet them here. Evani found her self slightly ticked off at this, but the lab rats as she referred to the scientists wanted to personally question the squad on the noghris in action. At least they were getting a free ride to their shuttle. Evani leaned head back against one of the filing cabinets behind her, she sighed tiredly. Most of the squad were asleep save for Jakireth and Daminga who insisted on sharing watch duty with her.

DONE! This has got be the most tedious mission I've written yet. And my worst writing. 

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:07:43 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 150  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >